20:45 Spain v Republic of Ireland

18 June 2012
20:45 Croatia v Spain
20:45 Italy v Republic of Ireland

Visca
23 May 12, 06:36
1) Spain
2) Italy

are my choices. Although as someone of Irish descent I feel a little bad not having any faith in them :lol:

interista4
23 May 12, 07:07
1.Spain
2.Italy

Native
23 May 12, 08:56
1. Italia
2. speejn

Italy will rape speen, speen has lot of injuries, Italy's more defensive style will kill them the way it did in the friendly, the way Chelsea killed farkalona. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if speejn loses to Croatia...

Lionheart
23 May 12, 11:34
http://cdn2.photoshopfiles.com/thumbs/826.png FORZAUW ITALIA!!! http://cdn2.photoshopfiles.com/thumbs/826.png

:proud: :proud: :proud: :proud: :proud: :proud: :proud: :proud: :proud: :proud: :proud: :proud: :proud: :proud: :proud:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyu2ysF2nQg

ADRossi
23 May 12, 11:35
1) Italy
2) Spain

Sammyniho10
23 May 12, 15:52
In my opinion we are currently even stronger than Spain , due to some heavy losses (Villa , Puyol aso.....)

My Tip:
1.Italy
2.Spain
3.Croatia
4.Republic of Ireland

Coasterfreek
23 May 12, 15:55
I'm going pretty chalk.

Spain finishes first and Italy follows.

Dylan
23 May 12, 21:27
:yao:

ADRossi
23 May 12, 21:43

Keane will lead the group in goals scored ;)

Native
23 May 12, 22:29
I feel Ireland is gonna surprise us by defeating Spain... A la Switzerland 2010 :D

And I know Ireland can beat Croatia... Think about it, if this would actually happen... Spain not getting past the group stages, ok I'll admit that my opinion on them might be a little flawed for obvious reasons but damn, I would fap on that for years :lol:

Italy will rock the group

Dylan
23 May 12, 22:38
I feel Ireland is gonna surprise us by defeating Spain... A la Switzerland 2010 :D

And I know Ireland can beat Croatia... Think about it, if this would actually happen... Spain not getting past the group stages, ok I'll admit that my opinion on them might be a little flawed for obvious reasons but damn, I would fap on that for years :lol:

Italy will rock the group

To be honest I'm the least scared of Italy, in the last 2 meetings with them we've drawn twice and if it weren't for a late Gilardino goal in the 90th we'd have won.

It all depends on how we fare vs Croatia in the opening game.

Native
23 May 12, 23:00
I see... I also remember Italy choking against weak teams tbh... USA a few months ago, I believe? They are just the Spain-rapers... Well, I wish you the best of luck, anything is possible :D

FORZAINTERMILAN
23 May 12, 23:36
I hate Ireland! Because of them we are not in Europe

Bzzlightyear
23 May 12, 23:39
I hate Ireland! Because of them we are not in Europe

Well i really tried to keep myself out but to be honest i cant do that anymore, The way Ireland played for EURO 2012 was part luck and borring Park the bus kind of games, I never did see them play well football. Yes we had our Goal keeper send of ( unfair ), but to be honest its the way they Qualify makes me more angry then that red card, some teams deserve to go and some dont, and this time Ireland was the lucky one.

Right now i am rooting the team who can win against Ireland that is all i want.

FORZAINTERMILAN
23 May 12, 23:45
Well i really tried to keep myself out but to be honest i cant do that anymore, The way Ireland played for EURO 2012 was part luck and borring Park the bus kind of games, I never did see them play well football. Yes we had our Goal keeper send of ( unfair ), but to be honest its the way they Qualify makes me more angry then that red card, some teams deserve to go and some dont, and this time Ireland was the lucky one.

Right now i am rooting the team who can win against Ireland that is all i want.

Same here..

Visca
24 May 12, 00:23
Yeah Spain without Villa is going to be interesting, even though he was in a slump before his injury I don't think there are any more forwards who are as clinical as him. Llorente is good but I don't know if he'll be able to deliver throughout the entire tournament, who knows if Torres is going to decide to show up, Pedro also depends since he's been out of form a lot of the season too. Maybe Soldado if he makes the final team but he's still inexperienced at an international level.

Pajo
24 May 12, 00:33
Fucking Armenians, made me laugh :lol:

ADRossi
24 May 12, 00:41
I see... I also remember Italy choking against weak teams tbh... USA a few months ago, I believe? They are just the Spain-rapers... Well, I wish you the best of luck, anything is possible :D

A) Lineup used against the US was experimental. Motta was playing as the CAM lol

B) Italy has a notorious history of playing down to their opponents. It's maddening, but always happens. Seem to do their best with a chip on their shoulders.

Bzzlightyear
24 May 12, 05:09
Fucking Armenians, made me laugh :lol:

Still remember that late Penalty, it was a close win ( it was handball ) vs your team, But we did play good football you have to admit it :)

monster09
24 May 12, 05:20
Want Ireland to win at least a game. Would be awesome if they can somehow qualify from the group. It is near impossible but one can hope.

necrodragon
24 May 12, 05:36
1. Spain
2. Croatia
3. Italy
4. Ireland

The world will see how overrated those zebra players are, and balotelli will get sent of in the 1st game earning a 3 match ban

Dylan
24 May 12, 06:43
But we did play good football you have to admit it :)

Surely on an Inter forum I didn't think I'd come across this.
Congrats on the good football!!

Lionheart
24 May 12, 11:06
I hate Ireland!

...The way Ireland played for EURO 2012 was part luck and borring Park the bus kind of games, I never did see them play well football. Right now i am rooting the team who can win against Ireland that is all i want.

Yeah, I can't agree more! Such an unlikable country really. They don't even know how to play proper football. Funny thing is individuals coming from Ireland can't play for shit either. I know one myself & he just so awful :yao:

Same thing for Scotland too tbh. I hope Scotland loses all its games & gets knocked out as the first teams together with Ireland...

...WAIT A MINUTE... Scotland isn't even playing. :troll:

:trollol: :trollol: :trollol:

Bzzlightyear
24 May 12, 11:12
Yeah, I can't agree more! Such an unlikable country really. They don't even know how to play proper football. Funny thing is individuals coming from Ireland can't play for shit either. I know one myself & he just so awful :yao:

Same thing for Scotland too tbh. I hope Scotland loses all its games & gets knocked out as the first teams together with Ireland...

I dont have any kind of disrespect towards Irish people, I do live in Denmark ( Copenhagen ), and we have many bars ( irish bars ), and the owners are Irish as well, and its so much fun to be at the bars, just saying nothing personal, but they dont play well. Back at 2002 WC Ireland really played well and looked much better, then they do now ( football wise )

ADRossi
24 May 12, 11:24
1. Spain
2. Croatia
3. Italy
4. Ireland

The world will see how overrated those zebra players are, and balotelli will get sent of in the 1st game earning a 3 match ban

The only Jube players starting are Chiellini, Buffon, and Pirlo. I don't see how any of these can be overrated. Marchisio and Bonucci I can see,but I doubt they even start

interista4
24 May 12, 11:42
The only Jube players starting are Chiellini, Buffon, and Pirlo. I don't see how any of these can be overrated. Marchisio and Bonucci I can see,but I doubt they even start

Fuck Rube but Forza Italia.. who cares if there are Rube players, there were also when Matrix won the world cup, were u sad back then, Nec?
I really hope they can finish 1st but I can't see it happening tho, some ppl are forgetting that spain is still the current champions and as much as I hate those scumbags, they are still one of the best out there, Torres is getting his form back, Llorente is a great striker, on the other hand.. the Azzuarri's forward is the worst I've remember in years, sure Balo is fantastic but other than him I can't see any amazing players.

Rossi, considering u might know, will any inter players be called other than Rano..? is Destro called aswell or expecting to be?

vitomins
24 May 12, 13:35
To be honest I'm the least scared of Italy, in the last 2 meetings with them we've drawn twice and if it weren't for a late Gilardino goal in the 90th we'd have won.

It all depends on how we fare vs Croatia in the opening game.

Lippi.

---------- Post added at 09:35 ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 ----------

Marchisio will start. How can you say he is overrated?

Pajo
24 May 12, 13:39
Marchisio is the best Italian midfielder along with Pirlo atm.

Cal
24 May 12, 15:51

:okay::`(

Native
24 May 12, 16:18
Damn... Seeing the flame wars in this thread, group C might as well be the real group of death :lol:

Lionheart
24 May 12, 16:53
:okay::`(

What?????? That's all? I'm accepting some serious trolling back!!!

...From that Irish guy too :troll:

Cal
24 May 12, 17:05
It would help if I knew what to insult. Ur Persian, but live in Germany, but want to move to America, but have a European flag, support Italy, yet idolize a Portuguese player. :chan:

Dylan
24 May 12, 17:13
Lippi.

We then went on to beat Italy 2-0 in June :troll:

Lionheart
24 May 12, 17:21
It would help if I knew what to insult. Ur Persian, but live in Germany, but want to move to America, but have a European flag, support Italy, yet idolize a Portuguese player. :chan:

Excellent, & I fully understand the problematic. I couldn't have summarized it better myself & that is absolutely true. I myself don't know either where dafuq I belong to tbh. I'm fucked up.

But forza Scotland!!! :proud: :proud: :proud:

Ireland too for my Dylan :proud: :heart: Fuck Spain, I want Italy & Ireland to advance from this group.

...yet idolize a Portuguese player. :chan:

AUW! MY FIGAUW!!! :proud: :heart:

vitomins
24 May 12, 17:26
We then went on to beat Italy 2-0 in June :troll:

Come on don't be like my American friends who don't understand what the word FRIENDLY means! Should I parade around because we beat Spain?

Still want Trap to finish just behind Italy in this group.

Cal
24 May 12, 17:27
I hope McGeady gets slide tackled from behind and breaks both him legs, but other than that definetly Italy and our Celtic neighbours to advance :proud:

Dylan
24 May 12, 17:39
Come on don't be like my American friends who don't understand what the word FRIENDLY means! Should I parade around because we beat Spain?

Still want Trap to finish just behind Italy in this group.

Obviously I'm not saying anything like Ireland are better or have anything other than a 40-50% chance of getting anything out of the game I'm just saying I don't think Italy will be anything to ''overrun'' us.

ADRossi
24 May 12, 19:54
Marchisio will start. How can you say he is overrated?

Overrated doesn't mean a player is bad, it means that his reputation does not equal his actual ability. I do not look at Marchisio as an automatic starter on this team, though apparently you value him higher than I do. I'm not sure if you're basing your decision based on some statistics, but from an eyeball test, I don't agree with you. What are your thoughts?

vitomins
25 May 12, 13:02
Overrated doesn't mean a player is bad, it means that his reputation does not equal his actual ability. I do not look at Marchisio as an automatic starter on this team, though apparently you value him higher than I do. I'm not sure if you're basing your decision based on some statistics, but from an eyeball test, I don't agree with you. What are your thoughts?

I think he is the best Italian midfielder besides Pirlo. Who else is better?

ADRossi
25 May 12, 16:30
I think he is the best Italian midfielder besides Pirlo. Who else is better?

De Rossi, though is a completely different type of midfielder. Giovinco if you classify him as the CAM in a 4-3-1-2

vitomins
25 May 12, 16:33
De Rossi, though is a completely different type of midfielder. Giovinco if you classify him as the CAM in a 4-3-1-2

You honestly feel that De Rossi is still better than Marchisio? Maybe last World Cup, but since then De Rossi has been completely mediocre. I do not consider Giovinco as a midfielder...he is definitely a striker now.

Solfice
26 May 12, 07:29
1) Italy
2) Spain
3) Croatia
4) Republic of Ireland

Pajo
26 May 12, 12:31
As i've said since last year, Marchisio is the best italian midfielder, on par with Pirlo. This season just proved me right :D

Visca
27 May 12, 13:36
Final Spain squad list:

Goalkeepers: Iker Casillas (Real Madrid), Pepe Reina (Liverpool), Victor Valdes (Barcelona)

Defenders: Alvaro Arbeloa (Real Madrid), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Juanfran (Atletico Madrid), Jordi Alba (Valencia), Raul Albiol (Real Madrid), Gerard Pique (Barcelona), Javi Martinez (Athletic Bilbao)

Midfielders: Xavi (Barcelona), Sergio Busquets (Barcelona), Andres Iniesta (Barcelona), Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid), David Silva (Manchester City), Santi Cazorla (Malaga), Cesc Fabregas (Barcelona), Juan Mata (Chelsea)

Forwards: Jesus Navas (Sevilla), Pedro (Barcelona), Fernando Llorente (Athletic Bilbao), Fernando Torres (Chelsea), Alvaro Negredo (Sevilla)

Soldado left out and Torres stays... bad choice. Soldado had a better season by miles.

Pajo
27 May 12, 13:40
Cassilas
Juanfran-Ramos-Pique-Alba
Xavi-Fabregas
Silva-Mata-Iniesta
CF

CF would be Torres is my guess, but not necessarily. Also Sila/Mata/Iniesta will rotate, id doesn't mean this would be the line up. And that bench :eek:

I doubt they will play like this though.

dynasty27
27 May 12, 13:58
Torres still more of a tournament player I guess :)

You sure with Juanfran over Arbeloa? Would surprise me if he starts in 1st game.

Pajo
27 May 12, 14:01
It's my team :D I said i doubt they will play like this. :)

But Juanfran would be the best there, im certain. I doubt he will play though, as i doubt Alonso will be left out as well.

Visca
27 May 12, 14:09
Nothing is for certain, but since Del Bosque is a madridista I bet Arbeloa would start. And Alonso ahead of Cesc, even though Alonso is pretty much the weakest link in Spain's midfield.

Big Willy
27 May 12, 15:02
Pedro, Torres? LOL Pedro's season has been very mediocre.

Adrián and Soldado should've been included, specially Adrián imho.

Pajo
27 May 12, 16:00
Adrian, Alvaro Dominguez, Soldado, should have definitely included. Even Muniain, as a back up.

Raul Albiol, really? He played 600 minutes, and takes the place of Dominguez? Pedro is fine, even though he had average season. Negredo? Adrian >> Negredo tbh...

Very shitty selection tbh.

ADRossi
28 May 12, 11:31
Criscito searched amid the latest scandal. Could miss Euros if something arises.

monster09
28 May 12, 11:50
Cassilas
Juanfran-Ramos-Pique-Alba
Xavi-Fabregas
Silva-Mata-Iniesta
CF

CF would be Torres is my guess, but not necessarily. Also Sila/Mata/Iniesta will rotate, id doesn't mean this would be the line up. And that bench :eek:

I doubt they will play like this though.

How do you stop Iniesta, Silva, Mata playing behind striker? Unstoppable. I would prefer Iniesta in the middle and Mata as LW.
Also I'm sure Biscuits will play with Xavi.

Pajo
28 May 12, 11:59
I think it will be Xabi next to Xavi... But i'd rahter see Fabregas there.

monster09
28 May 12, 12:02
Would go with

Biscuits

Xavi --Iniesta

Silva----------------------Mata

-------------CF---------------

Fabregas in his usual super sub role and I dont think Alonso is better than any of these players. His best bet is playing Biscuits role but they have that chemistry. Biscuits is perfect partner for Xaviesta and it would be foolish to disrupt that.

Pajo
28 May 12, 12:06
What about the defense? They do have lots of players upfront. Adrian should have been taken :( Also Dominguez, and not Raul fucking Albiol..

---------- Post added at 14:06 ---------- Previous post was at 14:04 ----------

Anyway, i'd go with the above posted formation, and i think Del Bosque will go with:

-----------Casillas-----------
Arbeloa--Ramos--Pique--Alba
----------Busquets----------
-------Xavi------Xabi-------
Silva------------------Iniesta
-----------Torres-----------

This would be my bet.

monster09
28 May 12, 12:10
Defense:

I have 2 combinations. Not sure which one is better. Ramos is better as CB but I dont like Arbeloa much,

Arbeloa Ramos Pique Alba

or

Ramos Martinez Pique Alba

I haven't seen much of Juanfran, so not sure how good he is. I would do with my second choice. Also agreed about Dominguez. Albiol hardly played but still in final squad :palm:

Also I think playing Alonso and sacrificing Iniesta's best position would hinder Spain's chances. Alonso is good but not Xavi, Alonso <<<< Xavi, Iniesta.

Pajo
28 May 12, 12:14
That's what WE think, but i doubt Del Bosque does the same :D

Alonso is not HALF the player he was. He is constantly dropping in form since the WC final, and for me was the weakest link RM had last season.

Juanfran is more of attacking full back, but is solid in defense too. Has improved his defensive game under simeone for 200%. I'd definitely go with him instead of Arbeloa, but who asks me :D

monster09
28 May 12, 12:19
Yeah I have my doubts on Alonso but after all what we need is Spain not winning. So lets play him :D

monster09
29 May 12, 11:53
Republic of Ireland squad numbers, UEFA EURO 2012

1 Shay Given
2 Sean St Ledger
3 Stephen Ward
4 John O’Shea
5 Richard Dunne
6 Glenn Whelan
7 Aiden McGeady
8 Keith Andrews
9 Kevin Doyle
10 Robbie Keane
11 Damien Duff
12 Stephen Kelly
13 Paul Mc Shane
14 Jonathan Walters
15 Darron Gibson
16 Keiren Westwood
17 Stephen Hunt
18 Darren O’Dea
19 Shane Long
20 Simon Cox
21 Paul Green
22 James McClean
23 David Forde

Good to see Gibson, Long making the squad and also McClean.

Cal
29 May 12, 14:18
7 Aiden McGeady

:fu:

sanka
30 May 12, 17:04
http://tmw-foto.tccstatic.com/storage/album/thumb1/0d5fb669d56e49cf8f1dd1b7ba5946b2-77342-1338391446.jpeg

FORZA ITALIA!

Lionheart
30 May 12, 20:06
Damn... :pokerface:

Not a single Interista in that pic... (excluding Balotelli & Motta)

Right?

Dylan
30 May 12, 20:47
Pirlo and Bonucci if you're counting ex-Inter.

junkie
07 Jun 12, 20:51
bitch please

1) Croatia
2) Croatia

:troll:

Dylan
08 Jun 12, 12:52
What are the odds of neither Spain nor Italy going through?

Lionheart
08 Jun 12, 13:02
:lol: :lol: :lol: lol, just saw the poll results! Epic vote for Ireland, haha! 2 votes, one of them is Dylan. AUW!!!

Dylan
08 Jun 12, 13:10
Fitzy <3

Mad Biscione
08 Jun 12, 13:17
Italy will fail, 3rd place

vitomins
08 Jun 12, 14:25
Italy will fail, 3rd place

Shhhhhhhh!

FORZAINTERMILAN
09 Jun 12, 02:28
FORZA ITALY!

_Ivan_
09 Jun 12, 12:25
Definitely would love to see Croatia and Italy getting to the next stage of Euro. :)

Coasterfreek
09 Jun 12, 16:08
What are the odds of neither Spain nor Italy going through?

You have a better chance of banging your favorite lady than the statement above.

Howl
09 Jun 12, 21:01
italy and holland are my favourates internationally.. doubt any of em will qualify :(

cant wait to see ireland (mcgeady) in action tomorrow :closeenough:

Chianglandia
10 Jun 12, 00:04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpLEWRh3srk&feature=player_detailpage

FORZA ITALIA !!!

Cal
10 Jun 12, 00:08
cant wait to see scotland (mcgeady) in action tomorrow :closeenough:

Fixed

KevinB
10 Jun 12, 00:55
I see Italy winning of Spain. Just some pure Balo-madness will fuck em up :slick:

Bill
10 Jun 12, 02:29
Any news of Italy playing a 3-5-2? Starters?

Dylan
10 Jun 12, 10:04
:fuckyea:

Finally the day arrives!

Visca
10 Jun 12, 10:34
Any news of Italy playing a 3-5-2? Starters?

El Mundo Deportivo (Spanish paper) predicted lineups for both squads:

http://img01.mundodeportivo.com/2012/06/10/Previa-Espana-Italia_54309326213_51356729138_352_256.jpg

dynasty27
10 Jun 12, 10:42
Spain should beat Juve-Italia with ease.

Visca
10 Jun 12, 10:47
Torres hat trick :trollol:

Lionheart
10 Jun 12, 10:57
http://img01.mundodeportivo.com/2012/06/10/Previa-Espana-Italia_54309326213_51356729138_352_256.jpg

I really wanna know how Ramos all of a sudden manages to play with all the Barca scum in one team & pretend he has always had a good relation with them, when he has kicked & bitch slapped at least 2-3 of them.

----------

Yet on another note:

Bilic claims Ireland pose no threat

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/eurocup/story/slaven-bilic-croatia-coach-republic-of-ireland-not-a-threat-061012-

Just sayin'... :work: :troll:

Visca
10 Jun 12, 11:10
Del Bosque said Ramos and Pique in particular were not getting along which is a bit of a problem considering they are the preferred CB partnership. Hopefully they can both be professional. According to Casillas the rest of the squad is fine though.

Cal
10 Jun 12, 11:18
Ireland pose no threat

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/006/216/7nTnr.png

Dylan
10 Jun 12, 12:43

Haters gon' hate, the fuck is Bilic anyway? He ever win anything as a manager? Nope.

Bergpavian
10 Jun 12, 12:46
I cheer for Italy and Ireland. :D I have always been a fan of Italy and I will spend holidays in Dublin this summer.

And btw: I hate this Barca Boy Band.

Lionheart
10 Jun 12, 13:01

Haters gon' hate, the fuck is Bilic anyway? He ever win anything as a manager? Nope.

AUW!!! At last! There is our troll bait! :troll:

Pimpin
10 Jun 12, 13:38
FORZA MOTTA N BALOTELLI!

I hope the rest of the team gets injured ! :P

Alex de Large
10 Jun 12, 13:47
I hate RuBentus, but i may hate Xavi even more, so forza italia.

sanka
10 Jun 12, 13:48
De Rossi at CB role.This is gettin more interestin.Although Luis Enrique has used him before there still wanna see how he does tonight.

Jnr
10 Jun 12, 13:51
We'd be lucky to see 1 goal in todays games. FORZA AZZURRI!

And btw Ireland will be a pain in da ass for all of the rest in this group. So hard to break down. Trap trolling :trolldad:

Visca
10 Jun 12, 15:01
Official... Spain XI vs Italy: Casillas; Arbeloa, Piqué, Ramos, Jordi Alba; Busquets, Alonso, Xavi; Silva, Iniesta & Cesc Fábregas

Cesc as a striker, what the fuck :lol:

Dylan
10 Jun 12, 15:04
Busquets, Alonso, Xavi; Silva, Iniesta & Cesc Fábregas

. . .Glenn Whelan and Keith Andrews. . .:oblivious:

ADRossi
10 Jun 12, 15:06
Official... Spain XI vs Italy: Casillas; Arbeloa, Piqué, Ramos, Jordi Alba; Busquets, Alonso, Xavi; Silva, Iniesta & Cesc Fábregas

:oblivious:

Alrighty then.

IRR26
10 Jun 12, 15:19
Spain dont have a deadly finisher now when Villa is out. Have Ramos been solid as CB?

De Rossi as CB is good choice IMO. It makes the defence more solid than it was before. Pirlo and Motta in midfield have a good passing range.

I think Italy has a bigger chance to win this that many thinks.

dynasty27
10 Jun 12, 15:20
Clearly Spain's main goal for this game is setting a new record in consecutive passes and ball possession, scoring is secondary.

Bergpavian
10 Jun 12, 15:21

Didn't he also play this role for Barca sometimes?

ADRossi
10 Jun 12, 15:26
Prediction: Torres on at halftime

FORZAINTERMILAN
10 Jun 12, 15:55
ITALY <3

Howl
10 Jun 12, 15:55
sadly spain gonna win

here comes da pain :yao:

Mad Biscione
10 Jun 12, 16:04
fuck Spain

Howl
10 Jun 12, 16:06
Ramos' new hair-do :notbad:

Mad Biscione
10 Jun 12, 16:12
anti-taki-taka pitch :trolldad:

Alex de Large
10 Jun 12, 16:13
DEL BOSQUE is pathetic trying to go like Guardiola, he sucks, i hope Italy wins just because of this.

Besnik
10 Jun 12, 16:23
It's been like 20 mins and I'm already getting sick of Giaccherini. Dude fucking sucks.

Take him off!!

Handoyo
10 Jun 12, 16:26
Boring :yawn:

No striker :chan:

visionary
10 Jun 12, 16:32
Just realise Motta and Buscuits on the pitch.

Universe
10 Jun 12, 16:34
Italy been impressive so far.

Balotelli's been fkn rubbish.

Pajo
10 Jun 12, 16:36
Giacherini and Balotelli are pretty rubbish. The rest are more or less fine.

Howl
10 Jun 12, 16:37
if spain wanna win they need to bring on llorente or a decent striker.. trying to copy barca for a tactic is lame

Mad Biscione
Mario is on fire :awyeah:

Besnik
Fucking great volley-shot by Marchisio. If only that was a goal. :D

Jnr
10 Jun 12, 16:38
Ghetto Balo gettig red on 40'.

Universe
10 Jun 12, 16:42
You couldn't count the amount of times Balotelli has given the ball away on 6 hands..

Mad Biscione
10 Jun 12, 16:45
Iniesta :milkrageface:

Howl
10 Jun 12, 16:46
ooh, almost from motta :(

balotellis awesome backheel control :slick:

IRR26
10 Jun 12, 16:46
Balo :D.

Marchisio almost scored.

Besnik
10 Jun 12, 16:47
Oh damn. That was so close by Motta

Bergpavian
10 Jun 12, 16:48
Brother bet: Balotelli red card in 60'
Me bet: Balotelli red card in 65'

So far Cassano MotM. Greatest dive and greatest foul. :D

Jnr
10 Jun 12, 16:49
Casillas and his fkn reflexes. HT draw. Important not to lose this game.

Mad Biscione
10 Jun 12, 16:49
Cassano and Iniesta, both are great today

ADRossi
10 Jun 12, 16:56
Giacherini and Balotelli have been :palm:

Cassano great. Would like to see more attacking @ the life side of the Spanish defense, have had a lot of success there

Pajo
10 Jun 12, 17:09
Balotelli :palm:

Mad Biscione
10 Jun 12, 17:09

vasilios
10 Jun 12, 17:10
Balo :palm:

Pimpin
WTF was he thinking

Howl
balloteli :yuno:

Pajo
WTF was he thinking

He wasn't. Or he was, too much.

Jnr
Balo. What the fuck?

Besnik
10 Jun 12, 17:11
lol, that was a terrible waste.

Moonwalkotelli :D

Universe
What the fuck Mario. What the fuck.

IRR26
Balo :lol:

Choppin Onions
10 Jun 12, 17:12
Could Balo have gone any slower? Lol what a wasted chance. Italy are squandering great opportunities to take the lead.

Iron_Inter
10 Jun 12, 17:12
Bibotele :palm:

Pajo
10 Jun 12, 17:13
Di Natale instead of Ballo. Giovinco next would be my bet.

IRR26
10 Jun 12, 17:13
Di Natale in. Mario off.

Nothing to do with that miss.:P

Universe
10 Jun 12, 17:15
Arbeloa should have been carded.

vasilios
10 Jun 12, 17:16
Di Natale :lol:

Howl
10 Jun 12, 17:16
de rossi has been beast so far

---------- Post added at 18:16 ---------- Previous post was at 18:15 ----------

NATALLEEEEEEEEEEEEE told you he shoulda been first pick

IRR26
10 Jun 12, 17:17
Just was writing Di Natale will make the winning goal.

Jnr
GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL

Mad Biscione
:slick::slick::slick::slick:

Universe
De Rossi looks a better CB than Ranocchia :pokerface:

Pajo
Antonioooo!! Suck it Catalan Cunts!

Damn, what a finish, and that pass :eek:

Pimpin
GRANDE DI NATALE!

So happy that a rubentino didnt score.

Besnik
DI NATALEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crzdcolombian
10 Jun 12, 17:18
love Di Natale !!!! Too bad he never wants to leave Udinese :(

Jnr
10 Jun 12, 17:18
Balo watch and learn you dumb fuck.

vasilios
10 Jun 12, 17:19
Busquets with some matador style defending on Pirlo on that goal.

NegroInBlue
Pirlo is class on the goal BTW. More than ten years later, still wishing we hadn't sold him...

IRR26

Are you surprised? De Rossi has alwasy been a beast as a CB.

Chianglandia
BRAVO TOTO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Howl
10 Jun 12, 17:20
bollocks

vasilios

Not really setting the bar too high there, but yeah De Rossi has been a beast, looks like he's been playing there for years.

Mad Biscione
1-1

Choppin Onions
Di Natale gets better with age rather than worse. What a freak.

Well there's the equalizer...

Jnr
Shit 1-1

Mad Biscione
10 Jun 12, 17:21
soon-to-be-Inter player :dino:

Howl
10 Jun 12, 17:21
giovinco & navas come on.. the pace :oblivious:

Besnik
10 Jun 12, 17:22
Oh fuck. :palm:

IRR26
10 Jun 12, 17:22
Well De Rossi cant save every Juve players ass.

Universe
10 Jun 12, 17:23
Why the fuck is Giaccherini still on the pitch.

Kraits
10 Jun 12, 17:24
Who gave that pass to Di Natalie???

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk

Pimpin
10 Jun 12, 17:25
that shit will happen if you have rubentus players on ur team.

IRR26
10 Jun 12, 17:26
Why the fuck is Giaccherini still on the pitch.

Yep. Is Balzaretti usually playing left? If yes then why he isnt on the field.

---------- Post added at 20:26 ---------- Previous post was at 20:25 ----------

Who gave that pass to Di Natalie???

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk

Pirlo.

Howl
10 Jun 12, 17:29
navas is a 8055

Native
10 Jun 12, 17:29
I predicted 2-1 for Italy... Going good

IRR26
10 Jun 12, 17:31
Buffon humiliates Torres :lol:

sanka
10 Jun 12, 17:31
Torres tried to dribble :palm:

IRR26
10 Jun 12, 17:32
Buffon didnt even need to use his hands. :D

Howl
10 Jun 12, 17:32
good job buffon, most keepers would have probably gone down there

Choppin Onions
10 Jun 12, 17:33
Beauty ball from Giovinco there

Pajo
10 Jun 12, 17:33
Oh, Di Natale. Great try.

Howl
10 Jun 12, 17:35
motta and chiellini look like brothers lol

Pajo
10 Jun 12, 17:39
Darko Pandev is co-commentator today, and he said that draw is great for both team, since they play Croatia and Ireland who are weak teams, especially Ireland for who he thinks is a miracle to be in the Euro :troll:

Native
10 Jun 12, 17:40
FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCCCCCKKKK SPAIN FUCK INIESTA FUCK BUSQUETS FUCK XAVI FUCK FABREGAS

IRR26
10 Jun 12, 17:40
40 mil pounds Torres.

Mad Biscione
10 Jun 12, 17:41
Torres :trolldad:

Howl
10 Jun 12, 17:42
fucking torres is a disgrace.. del bosq cocksucker should be playing llorente, he truly deserves a spot in the first team

Besnik
10 Jun 12, 17:43
Torres :lol:

sanka
10 Jun 12, 17:44
If he could made it to chip that would be wonderful goal though.Speak the truth.

Besnik
10 Jun 12, 17:47
If he could made it to chip that would be wonderful goal though.Speak the truth.

Of course it would, but the amount of chances he wasted since he came in, it's just laughable. And all those chances were great ones btw.

Mad Biscione
10 Jun 12, 17:51
Ireland - Croatia, big fight for 3 points :oblivious:

Pharaoh
10 Jun 12, 17:52
Great game by Italy IMO

Amazing defensive line, very impressive to watch. Love watching a good defense do its work, and thats exactly what they did

Besnik
10 Jun 12, 17:54
One point against Spain's side is not bad after all. Though Italia has been impressive today.

ADRossi
10 Jun 12, 17:55
Eh not bad. First 60 minutes looked promising, but as soon as Di Natale scored, Spain controlled the game the rest of the way. Confident against Ireland/Croatia

IRR26
10 Jun 12, 17:55
De Rossi and Chiellini were solid(like it was easy to predict). But Giachiarini and Bonucci is so so.

Attack needs some changes. Mario plays well about 1 game in 3-4 and this wasnt the game.

Native
10 Jun 12, 17:57
How To Make Yourself Look Like The Joke Of The Tournament In Just 20 Minutes
-
By Fernando Torres

BTW, can we borrow your defense, Italy? :oblivious:

Surprising result, though. Fully expected Italy to win. 2-1. If they had just blocked that goal... They could have :( was a shitty goal. As usual with Spain.

vasilios
10 Jun 12, 17:58
De Rossi and Chiellini were solid(like it was easy to predict). But Giachiarini and Bonucci is so so.

Giaccherini was worse than so-so tbh, he was awful. He's not good enough defensively to be a wing back against a team like Spain.

Besnik
De Rossi has been a fucking beast. However, Giaccherini shouldn't be starting next game. Dude has been a complete garbage. I'd rather play Balzaretti instead of him though.

Dylan
Right, that's the warm-up of the group out of the way, now Ireland can have a nice 2 point lead for the next week :)

FORZAINTERMILAN
10 Jun 12, 18:00
good game for Italy

Besnik
10 Jun 12, 18:01
Right, that's the warm-up of the group out of the way, now Ireland can have a nice 2 point lead for the next week :)

Pretty worrying situation for Ireland. When Dyl seems confident or makes a prediction.. you know what happens. :D

visionary
10 Jun 12, 18:03
Time for Dyl, i mean Ireland to shine!

Iron_Inter
10 Jun 12, 18:05
You know there is a reason why Mourinho didn't play Biboteli in final stages in our wining season, and also why City after his suspension won the league, he is brainless prick, i would be shocked if after this shit he pull of, he isn't on the bench the whole Tournament and play only in friendly games. Cost Italy a 3 points, dumb fuck.

Olyzzerz
10 Jun 12, 18:36
Balotelli allways so fucking mediocre.

Toto-Cassano is serious shit

Lionheart
10 Jun 12, 18:45
EVERYBODY LISTEN UP!!!

It's time to troll Dylan hard! Let him have it!!!

:troll:

Howl
10 Jun 12, 18:48
who needs messi when you have McGeady <3

come on ireland!

Edit: WHAT THE FUCK!?!?

Mad Biscione
10 Jun 12, 18:50
that was fast

visionary
10 Jun 12, 18:50
LOL

Native
10 Jun 12, 18:52
ROFLMAO... ah well... go ireland...

sanka
10 Jun 12, 18:54
http://rlv.zcache.com/ireland_rules_tshirt-p235448936253449628b8002_400.jpg

Get the t-shirts :trollol:

Howl
10 Jun 12, 18:55
man where the fuck is shane long?

FORZAINTERMILAN
10 Jun 12, 19:05
1-1

Mad Biscione
1-1 :oblivious:

Howl
yeaaahh boy, Mcgeady with beauty of a delivery

vasilios
10 Jun 12, 19:06
Whoever the cunt is in the crowd with the whistle should be shot

Native
10 Jun 12, 19:06
Haha funny match

visionary
10 Jun 12, 19:08
Whoever the cunt is in the crowd with the whistle should be shot
I thought i was the only one who notice it. Thought it was disallowed at first.

Besnik
10 Jun 12, 19:09
Good game though.

Pajo
10 Jun 12, 19:09
I thought i was the only one who notice it. Thought it was disallowed at first.

It happened on both goals, and on few other occasions as well.

sanka
10 Jun 12, 19:24
Good tempo and passin game from Croatia.

FORZAINTERMILAN
10 Jun 12, 19:29
2-1 CROATIA!

Howl
10 Jun 12, 19:30
what stupid defending

Besnik
10 Jun 12, 19:32
Croatia being gifted a goal by Ireland's awful defending.

Iron_Inter
10 Jun 12, 19:35
Ајмо Хрвати, cmon Croatia , Slaven Bilic is the man. I wish that both Croatia and Italy go through. Fuck Spain!

Native
10 Jun 12, 19:37
They are at least both giving their all... A real fight

junkie
10 Jun 12, 19:46
c`mon croatia :slick:

Howl
10 Jun 12, 19:53
shay givens fat head :fu:

FORZAINTERMILAN
10 Jun 12, 19:53
3 POINTS FOR CROATIA
3-1

junkie
10 Jun 12, 19:54
super marioooooooooooooooo

visionary
10 Jun 12, 19:55
The hell with the defence.
Underestimated Croatia tbh.

Mad Biscione
10 Jun 12, 19:59
wow, so unlucky twice

Croatia looks nice

Howl
10 Jun 12, 20:03
mcgeady off :(

still no long :pokerface:

FORZAINTERMILAN
10 Jun 12, 20:41
3 Croatia
1 Italy
1 Spain
0 Ireland

sanka
10 Jun 12, 20:51
Fair enough Croatia played better.

danny275
10 Jun 12, 21:33
Croatia were miles better and deserved to win, regardless how lucky 2 of their goals were. Sorry if that sound like I'm doing them a disservice.

We're stuck with Trap now for a further 2 years, which in my opinion is a serious worry. In the qualifying, you can get lucky despite giving the ball away constantly but when it comes to big tournaments, you can't do that. We have better midfielders than what are constantly on show in Andrews and Whelan but they'll never be picked under Trap. We'll continue to play dire hoof and hope football and that is the worst thing.

Oh well, hopefully we don't get hammered too much by Spain and Italy. That seems to be the best we can hope for now

Bzzlightyear
10 Jun 12, 21:37
^to be honest i would be happy if Ireland get Hammered, but to be honest they dont show any kind of football. What i did see was long ball forward and that was the plan from Irish side, as i didnt notice any kind of control of the game.

danny275
10 Jun 12, 21:40
^to be honest i would be happy if Ireland get Hammered, but to be honest they dont show any kind of football. What i did see was long ball forward and that was the plan from Irish side, as i didnt notice any kind of control of the game.

Well I know you'd be happy with that :D

Imagine how we feel. Don't think any Irish fan wants to see that type of football. Believe it or not, we have players who can actually pass and play football but they're not picked.

Bzzlightyear
10 Jun 12, 21:43
^sorry for my comment, but to be honest its not right to see this kind of football, i did hope for a cracker ggame when it was 1-1, but somehow Croatia closed well down.

Ireland from WC 2002 played nicely, but now :palm:

sanka
10 Jun 12, 21:45
Same shit as Greek football tbh.At least you tried there and showed some will in some phases.Let's consider the oponnent Croatia had quite more quality in their squad as units so guess you were the underdog tonight before the start.In many cases it was like i was watchin my NT.Had that feel.

The Wall
10 Jun 12, 21:56
Nice win. Concerned with our defence though, Ireland were abusing us in set-pieces and pretty much won every long, high ball. I'm well aware that's their style and Spain/Italy don't have so much tall and strong players but still...

danny275
10 Jun 12, 22:03
^sorry for my comment, but to be honest its not right to see this kind of football, i did hope for a cracker ggame when it was 1-1, but somehow Croatia closed well down.

Ireland from WC 2002 played nicely, but now :palm:

No need to say sorry, you're right, I wouldn't even try dispute what you're saying. We should try take a leaf out of your book. Armenia improved immensely over the qualifiers and actually played football. It says a lot that when you came to the Aviva, you had far more possession!

Mick McCarthy's team were fantastic and I wish he was manager again :(

Dylan
10 Jun 12, 22:22
Imagine how we feel. Don't think any Irish fan wants to see that type of football. Believe it or not, we have players who can actually pass and play football but they're not picked.

Who? Fahey and McCarthy?

I don't see this as a major problem, those 3 goals on a different day might not have happened, very, very scrappy. It's just a shame McClean or Long (earlier) didn't get a chance as they off way more.

I disagree with the hoofing you said to be honest, didn't see much of it. I just saw us stuck in our own back 4 with too much Croatian pressure and nobody in midfield with enough quality to get up and make a pass.

I feel for Trap to be honest, probably his last tournament and I just hope he doesn't fizzle out.

Cal
10 Jun 12, 22:38

Here mate, imagine how WE feel havin to watch another tournament on the tele with that dobber craig levein in charge. Oh and btw, one of the center mids your refering to should be ours so consider yourself lucky

Dylan
10 Jun 12, 22:40
I'm more disappointed than anything. I wouldn't mind losing to a piece of good play from Modric or something but those are the one thing we should be able to stop happening.

danny275
10 Jun 12, 22:40
Who? Fahey and McCarthy?

McCarthy and in previous years, Steven Reid and Andy Reid both of who were treated extremely poorly by Trap. It's not even just CM, Ciaran Clarke doesn't get so much as a chance, same with Coleman.

Obviously McCarthy is out for personal reasons but if those personal reasons didn't exist, he wouldn't even be in the starting XI.

I don't see this as a major problem, those 3 goals on a different day might not have happened, very, very scrappy. It's just a shame McClean or Long (earlier) didn't get a chance as they off way more.

Is that the best we can hope for? On another day, they might not have scored? I'll be the first to admit our pool of players isn't exactly great but we can do better than we are, imo. McClean should have started, as should Long but Trap doesn't seem to trust either player enough to play them

If you give the ball to your opponent constantly like we did tonight, you will concede goals. You can get lucky the odd time but if you keep doing it against quality opposition when you don't defend right and you will concede

I disagree with the hoofing you said to be honest, didn't see much of it. I just saw us stuck in our own back 4 with too much Croatian pressure and nobody in midfield with enough quality to get up and make a pass.

We did hoof the ball. Virtually any time Dunne, O'Shea or Ward got the ball, they hoofed it in an attempt to find Poor Kevin Doyle who was hardly had any chance of winning any of the balls.

KevinB
10 Jun 12, 22:55
Here mate, imagine how WE feel havin to watch another tournament on the tele with that dobber craig levein in charge. Oh and btw, one of the center mids your refering to should be ours so consider yourself lucky
Just try to Imagine how we Belgians feel. Our generation should be winning all those titles (Like the media constantly say but we fail :palm:)

Italy - Spain

Well I was expecting a major fail by Italy, but they actually played good, if they keep on playing like this, I can say they are another outsider for the championship. I liked De Rossi, Chiellini, Pirlo, Maggio and Cassano. They played very good. Marchisio on the end starting to play better too. Balo was a fail. I mean you're a striker! Run to that goal and blast that fucker in! Or pass to Cassano, Don't wait minutes to decide what you're going to do :palm: Di Natale was instantly more dangerous then Balo on the whole game. I also liked Giovinco. Showed a lot of creativity and movement on the ball. Spain on the other side was again doing Barca mode. Pass-pass-pass-pass.. I wonder when they are actually going to shoot the ball. The goal they made sure was pure class. And I did see why Del Bosque wanted to play without striker, if you see Torres :palm:
MOTM : De Rossi/Chiellini/Iniesta

Ireland - Croatia

Croatia was better. Modric reminded me a lot of Sneijder. He controlled the game (although he plays lower than Sneijder) Ireland showed a lot of heart today, but I feel a team with Keane as striker is doomed. The guy is a fuckup with so many nice clubs he has played for. :palm:. Well I must admit I was supporting for the Irish. Trapp and their Crowd! Amazing sphere there. Although I feel that Ireland will be the weakest team in this Euro. Shame because they play with their heart. Croatia will have to play massive against Italy and Spain to get the qualifaction. But I don't think they will succeed. Unless Spain/Italy fucks it up.
MOTM : Mandzukic. Also Perisic played a nice match. But the 2 goals did it.

Dylan
10 Jun 12, 23:37
McCarthy and in previous years, Steven Reid and Andy Reid both of who were treated extremely poorly by Trap. It's not even just CM, Ciaran Clarke doesn't get so much as a chance, same with Coleman.

Obviously McCarthy is out for personal reasons but if those personal reasons didn't exist, he wouldn't even be in the starting XI.

I think at the time when Trap began the 2012 qualifying campaign none of those players were showing signs of becoming good enough to play regularly and I'm not sure he wanted to start blooding new players. I couldn't blame him at the time, he has the experience.

Is that the best we can hope for? On another day, they might not have scored? I'll be the first to admit our pool of players isn't exactly great but we can do better than we are, imo. McClean should have started, as should Long but Trap doesn't seem to trust either player enough to play them

If you give the ball to your opponent constantly like we did tonight, you will concede goals. You can get lucky the odd time but if you keep doing it against quality opposition when you don't defend right and you will concede.

All to do with Trap's reluctance to not include new faces, I'll give him the next two games to prove himself but after that then that's a major flaw.

We did hoof the ball. Virtually any time Dunne, O'Shea or Ward got the ball, they hoofed it in an attempt to find Poor Kevin Doyle who was hardly had any chance of winning any of the balls.

I saw us hoofing the ball forward more as Croatian pressure made players like Richard Dunne have to play it around the defence which he isn't able to do. The wingers were certainly a lot les involved than they would want them to.

Trap has a contract for 2014 and if he just uses this as a last hurrah for some of the seniors I won't mind, hopefully the experience will help.

Coleman, O'Dea, Clark, McCarthy , Fahey, McClean and Long should all be playing the majority of the World Cup Qualifyinf campaign.

Wallace
11 Jun 12, 05:20
Not enough possession from Spain, next game they should go:

-----------------------------------
------------Fabergas
---------------------------Navas
-Carzola------Mata
-------Iniesta------Silva
--------------Xavi
---Busquets(CB)--Alonso(CB)
--------------Pique
-------------Casillas

Visca
11 Jun 12, 06:16
I think Alonso should be dropped (he won't be though, Del Bosque loves him) and Iniesta should drop back and put Pedro on the wing and Llorente up front. Fabregas as a sub.

monster09
11 Jun 12, 06:35
I think Alonso should be dropped (he won't be though, Del Bosque loves him) and Iniesta should drop back and put Pedro on the wing and Llorente up front. Fabregas as a sub.

Any system where Iniesta is not played in the middle should be stopped right there and then. He is Spain's best player and should be played in the middle and as a focal point of the team, not as a versatile player who can be played on wings to accomodate Biscuits and Alonso (Who perform more or less same job).

I would have prefered Barca's trio in the midfield as they know each other game very well, Silva and Mata on the wings and Llorente upfront.

Mata has been unreal for Chelsea in the second half of the season and deserves to play in the 11 ahead of Pedro who had poor season.

dynasty27
11 Jun 12, 08:17
Rio Mandzukic is certainly not as good as Dzeko, but has also developed very well in Wolfsburg after a sloppy start. He can make runs, play wide and help the team in build-ups.

Visca
11 Jun 12, 08:33
Any system where Iniesta is not played in the middle should be stopped right there and then. He is Spain's best player and should be played in the middle and as a focal point of the team, not as a versatile player who can be played on wings to accomodate Biscuits and Alonso (Who perform more or less same job).

I would have prefered Barca's trio in the midfield as they know each other game very well, Silva and Mata on the wings and Llorente upfront.

Mata has been unreal for Chelsea in the second half of the season and deserves to play in the 11 ahead of Pedro who had poor season.

Yeah that is my point, if VDB wants Spain to play like Barca then he better damn well put the Barca trio together, not try to make Alonso do something he isn't accustomed to. Trying to be an attacking team while using two DM's doesn't work. And I'm not knocking Alonso as a player, it's just not his style.

And I'm ok with Mata starting ahead of Pedro, I was just being biased :P

monster09
11 Jun 12, 08:58
Yeah that is my point, if VDB wants Spain to play like Barca then he better damn well put the Barca trio together, not try to make Alonso do something he isn't accustomed to. Trying to be an attacking team while using two DM's doesn't work. And I'm not knocking Alonso as a player, it's just not his style.

And I'm ok with Mata starting ahead of Pedro, I was just being biased :P

I think I said in last year's La Liga thread, Alonso is not mobile enough to play well with Barca players. He has got good range of passing, probably best in Spanish team but he doesn't fit into Spain/Barca's tactics.

Tbh if Xavi is injured, I would have played Fabregas in that role (not like for like but still Fabregas was superb CM). He offers everything, he can't control the tempo like Xavi but who does?

Like you said del Bosque is messing up trying to fit Alonso in.

Iron_Inter
11 Jun 12, 09:39
http://tocka.com.mk/images/content/sodrzina/derossi-italija-tetovaza.jpg

Edit:De Rossi tatoo in case you wondered.

dynasty27
11 Jun 12, 10:50
"Spain complained the Gdansk pitch was too dry and slow, it should have been sprinkled"
http://af.reuters.com/article/sportsNews/idAFJOE85A00M20120611

:rollani:

Native
11 Jun 12, 10:53
Here we go again... :lol: FUCK you spain... worthless unlikeable team... sad to watch.

monster09
11 Jun 12, 10:56
In the end they (Italy) were able to benefit a lot from the pitch," Torres said in an interview with Spanish television.

:lol: no you dumbass, Italy benefited from your inability to score, your inability to hit a cow's arse with a banjo and your exceptional ability to fuck up chances (2 one on ones in 17 mins :lol:)