interista4
25 May 12, 13:38
Welcome!

sanka
25 May 12, 13:39
Lionheart you aren't so excited,that was your welcome?:trollol:

LyNX
25 May 12, 13:45
Honestly, I hope he cuts off the rat-tail.

Starmo4
25 May 12, 13:57

He had some bet with our capitano about his tail ...:)

Pimpin
25 May 12, 13:58
Well welcome.. Hope he proves all of us wrong and scores 20 goals this season + 10assists :p

btw he did not look on bad on youtube videos :P

interista4
25 May 12, 14:14
Honestly, I hope he cuts off the rat-tail.

I hope he grows a longer one. :trolldad:

king_elnino
25 May 12, 14:31
I hope he rape jube next season. I want inter to be the 1st team that beat them in their new stadium

Kakaroto
25 May 12, 15:09
:fffuuu:

A.l.i
25 May 12, 15:12
Benevuto Rodrigo !!

Ismael
25 May 12, 15:56
Welcome!!!! Now there is nothing to do,, then wish him best of luck for the sake of Inter... Hope he proves me wrong....

Maslany
25 May 12, 16:13
Welcome!!!

sanka
25 May 12, 16:24
As long as you wear Internazionale jersey you got my full support.

BENVENUTO RODRIGO.

Michael
25 May 12, 16:39
Rodrigo Palacio has completed his medical and now present at Inter headquarters are his agents and Marco Branca. Contract signing is taking place...

---------- Post added at 09:39 ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 ----------

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/3478/atwtuo2ciaatzww.jpg

And so it begins...

Bzzlightyear
25 May 12, 16:45
Welcome to inter, And now support him, but fucking bitch about it, otherwise its no point to sign new players,

I hope you well Palacio and become a great support to our team.

Welcome

Universe
25 May 12, 16:50
Palacio

Devious
25 May 12, 17:09
My prediction for Palacio: SUCCESS.

Good luck mate.

Howl
25 May 12, 17:09
fuck

Devious
25 May 12, 17:17
Rodrigo Palacio has completed his medical and now present at Inter headquarters are his agents and Marco Branca. Contract signing is taking place...

And so it begins...

Branca: LIKE A BOSS. :yao:

vasilios
25 May 12, 17:31
Still don't like this signing but at least it's done with so we can move on to other transfers instead of letting this shit drag out all summer.

Me2
25 May 12, 18:03
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pGoj_PKqLJA

FORZAINTERMILAN
25 May 12, 18:04
Welcome

Sokrates
25 May 12, 18:06
Welcome, wish you all the best

crzdcolombian
25 May 12, 18:07

And so it begins...

He looks fat !!! Hope he is in better shape and loses his stupid Star Wars haircut for next season

Besnik
25 May 12, 18:21
Benvenuto all'Inter :)

NeonBlade
25 May 12, 18:24
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/385/fleb_spongebob_squidward-EPIC-frown.jpg

My EXACT facial expression.

Bzzlightyear
25 May 12, 18:25
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pGoj_PKqLJA

To be honest it looks like Palacio is walking with his bodyguards :)

jmaster
25 May 12, 18:32
Why do we need him again? Why the hell did we insist so much on getting him?

ADRossi
25 May 12, 18:36
This thread is going to be fun over these next 3 years

Jnr
25 May 12, 18:46
Welcome Rodrigo! Or should i say Rodrigol. Top scorer 2012/13

interista4
25 May 12, 18:50
Fucking hell, stop whining before we even got to sign any big names yet.
If we won't, then u have rights to and ofcourse I will, but for fucks sake It's still May and ppl are alrady bitching..

If rumors are true, we invested 6m in him which is as much as freaking unproven Poli costed us.
Who cares about his age if he can perform well for maybe a few seasons to come? 34 year old Drogba won chelsea the UCL and Palacio is 4 years younger. Not comparing, but have some fucking common sense and judge him after he plays and not at the day he signed for us.

And yes we do need him since Pazzo, Forlan and Zarate are going, we'd have no forwards left but Milito and some youngsters if we didn't sign him.

& once again, we're still going after Lavezzi, Destro, and Isla, is that money coming out of your pocket that some of you crying that much? :palm:
Our management being stupid is nothing new, so don't expect for anything else for that 6-10m invested on him, so I rather see another good PROVEN Serie A striker, rather than buy some unknown guy from Brazil with that money and loan him the next season :palm:

Solfice
25 May 12, 19:19
Let's see what he can do for Inter before we start complaining. He scored 19 goals during 32 games in Genoa who got almost relegated. :notbad: Pazzini, Forland and Zarate scored 9 goals together. Milito is 33 but still scored 24. Let's just wait and see. Also glad that he cut off his stupid rat tail.

Big Willy
25 May 12, 19:42
Vamos Rodri carajo! Welcome to Inter.

Verathia
25 May 12, 19:48
He's welcome here... but I'll not cheer for him till that thing is removed from his head.

Solfice
25 May 12, 19:51
He's welcome here... but I'll not cheer for him till that thing is removed from his head.

Didn't he cut it already?

“Roma actually made a better offer, over €2m more than Inter’s proposal, but I had shaken Massimo Moratti’s hand just three hours earlier.”
http://www.football-italia.net/19225/romas-palacio-offer-better-inter

Numero Dieci
25 May 12, 19:52
Mediocre signing.

rsz85
25 May 12, 20:18
Inter don’t know what a great bargain they’ve got ! :trolldad:

Bzzlightyear
25 May 12, 20:20
Didn't he cut it already?

“Roma actually made a better offer, over €2m more than Inter’s proposal, but I had shaken Massimo Moratti’s hand just three hours earlier.”
http://www.football-italia.net/19225/romas-palacio-offer-better-inter

I see we can get Destro as well, I believe that Genoa wont sell Destro half TO rubentus

Pajo
25 May 12, 20:35
Welcome Rodri, all the best at Inter, and i hope you prove the doubters wrong!

dynasty27
25 May 12, 20:42
[/COLOR]http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/3478/atwtuo2ciaatzww.jpg

And so it begins...:|

Which one of these three is Palacio?

Bzzlightyear
25 May 12, 20:43
:|

Which one of these three is Palacio?

The middle one :)

JJM
25 May 12, 20:50
So much hate for a new player before he even touched the ball even... only on FIF

Scottish_one
25 May 12, 20:55
Welcome Rodri, all the best at Inter, and i hope you prove the doubters wrong!+1

IRR26
25 May 12, 21:04
Inter don’t know what a great bargain they’ve got ! :trolldad:

Yeah right. Preziosi has that after every recent transfer we have made with him. And more than that when we signed Gasperini he praised how good coach we have signed. He only just had fired him.

So dont believe anything Preziosi says. He just a businessman who knows and cares very little about football.

Pimpin
25 May 12, 21:10
Well his contract is not that bad actually..

Fingers crossed that he will repeat his season at Genoa..

FORZA PALACIO!

Il Maestro
25 May 12, 21:20
He's a man that has scored 19 goals for an almost relegated teams and he was coached by four different coaches in ONE year. Only quality players does that. Hugely underestimated.

He also fits perfectly in Stramaccioni's team. He can play as a centre forward and behind Milito, besides Sneijder. A quality player who can handle all our attacking positions.

I also mean that this proves that we're thinking about spending a significant amount of money. This signing isn't like any other signing we have done since after summer '09. That proves we have a different mentality going into this mercato.

Wallace
25 May 12, 22:10
Forza Palacinho!

He'll score 30 goals this season, mark my words.

Sid
25 May 12, 22:17
meh...:work:

Fapuccino
25 May 12, 22:36
meh...:work: couldnt have said it better. Fif is pretty bipolar, one moment everyone hates him,thenext everyone welcomes him.

---------- Post added at 18:36 ---------- Previous post was at 18:34 ----------

Forza Palacinho!

He'll score 30 goals this season, mark my words. thats what they said about david suazo

kova9
25 May 12, 22:44
Well, I hope this is not our TOP signing for next season, but still gonna support him..

Welcome to Inter Palacio, I hope you prove us worth wearing Inter jersey (not like Forlan, Quaresma, Suazo....)

Good luck!

Anyone knows which number he'll get?? Probably #8 like in Genoa since it's free..

Master Inter
25 May 12, 23:32
Welcome Palacio, I hope you prove me wrong

tuadi
26 May 12, 00:26
welcome rodrigo..
bring us some trophy next season..

The_Eradicator
26 May 12, 00:47
Welcome Rodrigo good luck for the coming season. Always thought he was a quality player, a move like this pobably should of come 2-3 years ago for him, but it's still not too late to show his worth on a big team.

And please judge him by what he does on the field. Not by his haircut or what team he played for previously or his fucking age.

Inter 75
26 May 12, 01:35
Welcome to Inter great pick up....

lonewolf19
26 May 12, 01:46
Welcome Palacio!

Fapuccino
26 May 12, 02:13
Welcome to Inter great pick up....
since you're from argentina can i ask you something? are you guys planning some sort of take over of inter or something.... >.<

Adriano
26 May 12, 02:47
i dont like the contract..but w.e man, im tired of pulling hair over inter's transfers

vasilios
26 May 12, 03:10
i dont like the contract..but w.e man, im tired of pulling hair over inter's transfers

http://www.foroswebgratis.com/imagenes_foros/6/1/0/3/9/636314palacioo.jpg

n4l
26 May 12, 03:30
not in line with the so called Inter strategy, but this is to be expected by these people who are running this club..

btw, mega :troll: by MM and Branca on Gasp....:lol:

Edward
26 May 12, 04:02
i have a good feeling about this signing

Efrain21C
26 May 12, 04:18
not in line with the so called Inter strategy, but this is to be expected by these people who are running this club..

btw, mega :troll: by MM and Branca on Gasp....:lol:

Gasperini should be like :yuno: after asking for him last year and we buying him now LOL

snake
26 May 12, 05:01
Palaci:yao:

Alessandro
26 May 12, 05:06
Good to see that signing Palacio brings down our age average to around 34...

Kakaroto
26 May 12, 05:29
People say that only on FIF people don't give players a chance. I say only on FIF do we see people predicting 30 goals, Team leading scorer, greatest signing ever....for a guy that scored 19 goals and his team was in relegation trouble and had never scored more than 9 goals in a season(in Europe) before his sudden goal scoring breakout at age 29.

This will be my last post on this thread...As I'll try to refrain myself from hating this guy, its not his fault.

Universe
26 May 12, 05:55
Rowdy Roddy... Palacio :pokerface:

king_elnino
26 May 12, 06:07
Experience signing.

rfU
26 May 12, 06:29
hmm... what's his annual wage?

Besnik
26 May 12, 06:32
hmm... what's his annual wage?

2.5m if I'm not mistaken.

dynasty27
26 May 12, 06:50
People say that only on FIF people don't give players a chance. I say only on FIF do we see people predicting 30 goals, Team leading scorer, greatest signing ever....for a guy that scored 19 goals and his team was in relegation trouble and had never scored more than 9 goals in a season(in Europe) before his sudden goal scoring breakout at age 29.

This will be my last post on this thread...As I'll try to refrain myself from hating this guy, its not his fault.Nobody's overreacting like you pointed out. We the people, even the less optimistic ones, just welcome him to the Inter Universe and hope him prove to the doubters wrong, that's all. Big S/O to the people.

junior55
26 May 12, 07:58
I'll never stop amusing myself with some of the comments over here.

Well i could understand that people get worried if a certain player has always scored 15+ goals and suddenly in the last season before we sign him he scores under 10 , but i can't understand at all why people get concerned why a player who usualy scores under 10 suddenly scores 19.

Coasterfreek
26 May 12, 08:07
I'll wait and see like any signing. Otherwise :pokeface: until further notice.

Bergpavian
26 May 12, 08:30
Milito 32
Palacio 30

Reasonable rejuvenation of our squad. :yao:

Pharaoh
26 May 12, 08:37
Not a huge fan of the transfer but welcome! Hope you do well and prove me wrong. Now that you're an inter fan I'll cheer for you like anybody else on the team :D good luck

If he scores 10-15 i'd be happy honestly

black-n-blue influence
26 May 12, 08:38
He's a good player, let's not talk bad about him before seeing him play.. Even though, he's 30.. Milito is 32 but he saved our season..

Pharaoh
26 May 12, 08:43
He's a good player, let's not talk bad about him before seeing him play.. Even though, he's 30.. Milito is 32 but he saved our season..

I don't think people are mad at him cuz he sucks.....I don't think anybody here actually thinks that, or at least most of the people.

The problem people have, including myself, is that we claimed we were going to rebuild this team and go young, but the first signing we make is a 30 year old player. Not exactly the young prospects we all were looking for :)

Bergpavian
26 May 12, 08:46
Yeah, but what about the glorious plan of making our squad younger and hiring promising talents?

Really, whole football world is making fun of our old squad and what are we doing? Buying a new 30 year old striker. Now let us buy Palombo too! And after doing that we should talk with Stankovic and Chivu about new 5-years-contracts and persuade Cordoba to making a comback in our jersey. :palm:

black-n-blue influence
26 May 12, 08:51
I don't think people are mad at him cuz he sucks.....I don't think anybody here actually thinks that, or at least most of the people.

The problem people have, including myself, is that we claimed we were going to rebuild this team and go young, but the first signing we make is a 30 year old player. Not exactly the young prospects we all were looking for :)

Hmm.. yes, that's true.. but if we sign Destro, and put Longo, Bessa in the first team, and than use Coutinho, Alvarez, Guarin, Obi(or Poli), Jonathan, Juan Jesus.. in our starting line-up, our team won't be old anymore..

CafeCordoba
26 May 12, 08:51
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A//www.fcinternews.it/%3Faction%3Dread%26idnotizia%3D80904&hl=en&langpair=auto|en&tbb=1&ie=ISO-8859-1 (http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A//www.fcinternews.it/%3Faction%3Dread%26idnotizia%3D80904&hl=en&langpair=auto%7Cen&tbb=1&ie=ISO-8859-1)

This rumor indicates his salary would be 3m€.

What the... :palm:

That is just too much.

Vibe
26 May 12, 08:54
He was already making 50k per week at Genoa...

interista4
26 May 12, 08:55
Most generous management in the world..

The_Eradicator
26 May 12, 08:55

This will be my last post on this thread...As I'll try to refrain myself from hating this guy, its not his fault.

Don't be ridiculous, please find my one post which says he will score 30 goals next season or he will join la grande...

Only on FiF do you find people who say the likes of Alexis Sanchez and Edison Cavani "are not good enough for Inter" no one is nostradamus so to hate on the guy before he has even played for us is just as stupid as overhyping him. Let him be judged by his on field actions not by the preconceived opinions of the armchair experts here.

Bzzlightyear
26 May 12, 08:57
He was already making 50k per week at Genoa...

Do you say he gets 2,6 mill a year at Genoa ? thats freaking a lot

CafeCordoba
26 May 12, 09:04
Haha Palacio was definitely not making anywhere close to 2,6m€ annually in Genoa.

Bzzlightyear
26 May 12, 09:08
Haha Palacio was definitely not making anywhere close to 2,6m€ annually in Genoa.

i dont think so he does

szasza02
26 May 12, 09:52
giving him 3m€ per year is nevertheless retarded. another garbage who will see out his contract regardless of how shitty he performs. :palm:

Sokrates
26 May 12, 09:58
So we will have the same problem like we have now with pandev. Gratulation Branca, you did it again... :yao:

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk 2

German_Interista
26 May 12, 10:14
Welcome Enrico Palazzo :slick:

yoszee
26 May 12, 10:18
So, when Moratti will fire Branca?

CafeCordoba
26 May 12, 10:28
So, when Moratti will fire Branca?

I don't think Branca is the one making contract offers and for a fact not the one signing them.

Sokrates
26 May 12, 10:30
I don't think Branca is the one making contract offers and for a fact not the one signing them.

So what else is he then doing here?

Suneet
26 May 12, 10:31
2.5m is basically half of what Forlan makes. Bad signing, but seems that Strama wanted him.

CafeCordoba
26 May 12, 10:37
So what else is he then doing here?

He's the technical director, being responsible of the team at coach's disposal. He's basically building the squad. I don't think he's the one calling the shots on what new players can or cannot earn.

Forlan is making 3,5m€-4m€ (depending on the source) + bonuses.

perika
26 May 12, 12:50
probably will not come for less money

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A//www.fcinternews.it/%3Faction%3Dread%26idnotizia%3D80904&hl=en&langpair=auto|en&tbb=1&ie=ISO-8859-1 (http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A//www.fcinternews.it/%3Faction%3Dread%26idnotizia%3D80904&hl=en&langpair=auto%7Cen&tbb=1&ie=ISO-8859-1)

This rumor indicates his salary would be 3m€.

What the... :palm:

That is just too much.

Efrain21C
26 May 12, 13:29
Yeah, but what about the glorious plan of making our squad younger and hiring promising talents?

Really, whole football world is making fun of our old squad and what are we doing? Buying a new 30 year old striker. Now let us buy Palombo too! And after doing that we should talk with Stankovic and Chivu about new 5-years-contracts and persuade Cordoba to making a comback in our jersey. :palm:

Talk about overreacting... You really can't expect to compete for any titles with a bunch of 18 years old kids... Look at Arsenal, they always have like 8 u20 players and they compete for shit...

---------- Post added at 13:28 ---------- Previous post was at 13:27 ----------

So we will have the same problem like we have now with pandev. Gratulation Branca, you did it again... :yao:

Same problem with Pandev? Pandev was free, will be sold for a price, maybe as part of Lavezzi transfer, if you sell him for 1 euro, you will have 1 euro you had before, so it sure can't be like Pandev...

---------- Post added at 13:29 ---------- Previous post was at 13:28 ----------

Of course, Branca can say, hey I signed Messi, but if Moratti says, No, you won't buy him, what can he do?

DIN011
26 May 12, 13:30
If we still bring in someone like Lavezzi/Giovinco etc this is a good signing.

But if he's our main forward signing then it's not. It looks like we're still going after Lavezzi, so I won't complain.

Besnik
26 May 12, 13:35
If we still bring in someone like Lavezzi/Giovinco etc this is a good signing.

But if he's our main forward signing then it's not. It looks like we're still going after Lavezzi, so I won't complain.

Yup. Obviously no one would be happy with only Palacio signing in attack department but looks like we're desperately after Lavezzi which is good.

If it's true that Lavezzi truly wants to join Inter, then I wouldn't be too surprised if he eventually signs for us.

Inter Siamo Noi
26 May 12, 13:48
About Palacio's salary at Genoa - He made there 1.4m per year (According to GdS).

Efrain21C
26 May 12, 13:59
He's the technical director, being responsible of the team at coach's disposal. He's basically building the squad. I don't think he's the one calling the shots on what new players can or cannot earn.

Forlan is making 3,5m€-4m€ (depending on the source) + bonuses.

+1 Good explanation

We don't have enough cash, and for sure Stramaccioni asked specific kind of players to Branca so he could do his magic... In the end, it turns out to be Palacio, someone that our management decided not to buy last year.

People in this forum should start realizing this is not a game, and complaining about all new players that aren't from your top 5 won't help you accept them as part of the team

Fitzy
26 May 12, 14:32
Nobody's overreacting like you pointed out. We the people, even the less optimistic ones, just welcome him to the Inter Universe and hope him prove to the doubters wrong, that's all. Big S/O to the people.http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m47ut53m1m1qbsulyo1_500.png

vassago
26 May 12, 15:02
What more can i say here... at least one guy is happy so far with this... yeah Branca got his dream transfer to Inter... good one...
well, welcome Rattail... hope you do good and contribute to Inter much much more then the other old fucks that were brought last few years...

rsz85
26 May 12, 19:50
About Palacio's salary at Genoa - He made there 1.4m per year (According to GdS).

So the 2,6 was after taxes.

Maybe the reported 3 million is also gross salary, so it's about 1,5-1,7 net. That is much more believable than the 3 million net.

Howl
26 May 12, 19:54
i cant believe roma offered 2 more million than us, but we already had an agreement :palm:

FUCKK!

CafeCordoba
26 May 12, 20:24
So the 2,6 was after taxes.

Maybe the reported 3 million is also gross salary, so it's about 1,5-1,7 net. That is much more believable than the 3 million net.

Dunno, so far all the numbers in Italian media are net when it comes to salaries. At least in England media they talk about gross salaries.

Anyway, hopefully 3m€ annually is not true.

NiklasSkoog
26 May 12, 21:33
Very good signing i say. I love Palacio and i find myself looking att Genova matches just becouse of him. And an attack with

----Principe---
Pocho-Sniper/Cou-Palacio

is just awesome. His awesome tail doesnt make it any worse either.

if thats our case we would have the best attack in serie a. I hope i wont have to look at

Pazzo-Longo
--Pandev--

Good job Massimo and Branca

junkie
26 May 12, 22:08
Very good signing i say. I love Palacio and i find myself looking att Genova matches just becouse of him. And an attack with

----Principe---
Pocho-Sniper/Cou-Palacio

is just awesome. His awesome tail doesnt make it any worse either.

if thats our case we would have the best attack in serie a. I hope i wont have to look at

Pazzo-Longo
--Pandev--

Good job Massimo and Branca

what is wrong with longo? dont mess with him :D

NiklasSkoog
26 May 12, 22:52
what is wrong with longo? dont mess with him :D
Haha i like Longo but im not sure his going to be able to fuck things up on his own and at the same time keep Pazzo and Pandev from fucking up :p

qb4ever_2k
26 May 12, 23:11
+1 Good explanation

We don't have enough cash, and for sure Stramaccioni asked specific kind of players to Branca so he could do his magic... In the end, it turns out to be Palacio, someone that our management decided not to buy last year.

Talking about what happened last year, we offered 10m for Palacio, Genoa rejected, we ended up with 2.7m for 1 year loaning... Zarate...

Michael
27 May 12, 04:46
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/2606/screenshot20120526at816.png

PALACIO: “MILITO, LAVEZZI AND THE SCUDETTO.”

“My Inter will be without limit.”
“Il Principe and I are very similar.”
“The team would be stellar if Pocho arrives.”
“I’m not thinking about scoring goals but only at winning.”

Milan – “I am Rodrigo.” In just two days in Milan, Palacio signed his future with Inter and immediately departed for vacation in Argentina. At the Linate airport, however, was his first emotion as an Interista. A welcome that he alsmost did not expect.

What has struck you at these early hours?
“The handshake with president Massimo Moratti, first and foremost. He has welcomed me here but especially he’s made me feel at ease immediately.”

Did he reveal the reason why he did not take you last summer?
“He doesn’t have to give explanation. It was destined to be like this. I think there were problems between the two clubs but I wanted to remain at Genoa for another year. The important thing is that I am here now.”

Have you spoken with Stramaccioni?
“Sure. It was very nice of him to call from Indonesia. Even Zanetti who sent me a few text messages while Diego Milito phoned me to wish me luck. It is a great feeling to hear from everybody to make me feel at home. It seems like a family here: a simple environment that I like very much.”

A 30 year-old you must enjoy an opportunity like this.
“I could not ask for anything more. This is a great occasion to be even more mature. Thank goodness that the deal was closed immediately so that I could go on vacation feeling more comfortable and when I return I would be ready to go and have a great season, perhaps one that could get us the Scudetto. I do not limit myself but do not ask me how many goals I will score. I would rather do anything to conquer a spot here and be at the service of this club by making only assists.”

Il Principle was 30 years old when he arrived at Inter…
“I will ask Diego what is his secret. Seriously though, it is unthinkable to score many goals like he has but surely I will give him a hand. In Genoa I equaled by record of 19 goals and 21 with the Italian Cup included. However, it is better to not make many calculations.”

Was the feeling between you to born with the Argentinian national team?
“Unfortunately for me because I was always used as an alternative to him. In training, however, we often played together. Apart from our position on the field, Diego and I are very similar in character: quiet and reserved. That’s why we will get along.”

And if Lavezzi arrives?
“Inter would have a stellar attack. For me it would be fantastic to play with il Pocho. I also met him with the Seleccion and our relationship is excellent. Let’s hope that he is coming here in Milan and not to Paris. I am curious to know more about my new teammates: there are many good players here including Pazzini who at Genoa, I saw up close and personal.”

Inter are also in negotiations with Palermo for Silvestre.
“I played with Matias at Boca. He is a very strong defender and I think it would be a very good acquisition.”

Speaking of Boca Juniors: you triumphed everywhere.
“Yes, it was a really good period. We were lucky enough to win a lot.”

You also scored some important goals there.
“Precisely. In the 2007 Libertadores, I scored a goal against Gremio in the final. Then at the Club World Cup in Japan, I scored the 1-1 goal against Milan who were with Nesta and Maldini: but unfortunately that was not enough to win.”

Are you booking one for the next derby?
“We’ll see. I certainly have the experience because in Buenos Aires, I played against River and in Genoa against Samp, both very heated challenges. And in Argentina, I also got a hat-trick.”

Explain one thing: the tail.
“What I said to Zanetti was obviously a joke (“If he cuts off my tail, I would kill him”). I have already paid my debt to the fans of Genoa and now I will not cut it like that anymore.”

But what was the story behind that?
“It was just a casual thing. When I was 18 years old, I decided to cut my hair short leaving only the tail. Then over time, it became my trademark. Now to many people, I am ‘Trenzo’ but I am really Rodrigo and I prefer to be called that way.”

What is the secret of the “gambeta”?
“People say that I pretend to be like Messi but that is an exaggeration. I try to be as fast as possible in dribbling and doing everything in a natural way. Certainly I always try to have fun and make my fans happy.”

Talk about leaving Genoa.
“Everybody behaved well with me. It was three wonderful years, very useful to settle down in Italy and in a difficult league like the Italian league. Now I am curisou to learn more about Milan. I would live in the center of the city but I will decide it together with Wendy to find the best solution for our child Juana.”

So now you are going on vacation, in Bahia Blanca?
“Yes. I always return there like always to meet my childhood friends and especially to embrace my father, Jose Ramon. He is now the coach of Olimpo di Bahia Blanca, coaching the youngsters there and that has always been his club. To also tell him about my arrival at Inter.”

When is your first asado (barbeque) with your new teammates.
“As soon as possible. For us Argentinian it is a ritual and with Cuchu, we have a long friendship. They (barbeque sessions) are the best to build a great team.”

Pimpin
27 May 12, 05:04
Milito and me are very similar.. oh he did not say that

I will go to Milan and cut his rat tail

Choppin Onions
27 May 12, 06:47
Welcome Rodrigo. I'll forgive you for that atrocious rat-tail if you live up to your price tag

Bzzlightyear
27 May 12, 06:50
Milito and me are very similar.. oh he did not say that

I will go to Milan and cut his rat tail

Not playing style but personality

Toninu
27 May 12, 07:23
Awesome interview, hopefully he'll back up the talk

DARi0
29 May 12, 10:18
that's just

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9JC5HWjdhx8/TyICACttiZI/AAAAAAAAATA/_KfzNXxuRFo/s1600/jedimindtricks.jpg

:D

Universe
29 May 12, 10:39
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/2606/screenshot20120526at816.png

Fucking Christ. All he's missing is the fucking white hat, Nautica polo shirt, gym shorts, hardstyle and fanny pack to be a proper fucken STAUNCH lad eshay.

Nero Indigo
30 May 12, 19:39
Happy this shit is over with so we don't have to go through another summer of hearing his name in it........ unless he's on his way out :work:

Pajo
03 Jun 12, 01:16
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/522963_379217672125816_193602654020653_963422_1373 127590_n.jpg

Palacios new haircut! :D

Handoyo
03 Jun 12, 05:19
:pokerface:

Nerazzurri_Ninja
03 Jun 12, 05:39
I hope Alvarez or Coutinho push Palacio to the bench

Ffi201zi002tlis
03 Jun 12, 05:45
I hope Palacio could push Zarate out of Inter

Mad Biscione
03 Jun 12, 06:19
dear God, wtf? it should be mandatory for him to cut that redneck shit before wearing our shirt, im gonna puke

dynasty27
03 Jun 12, 06:31
Il divino codino.

perika
03 Jun 12, 08:50
wtfk .....

I hope Alvarez or Coutinho push Palacio to the bench

necrodragon
03 Jun 12, 13:53
lets all hope that he turns out to be like di natale

Pajo
03 Jun 12, 13:55
... or Milito ... :proud:

king_elnino
03 Jun 12, 16:40
Hey.... He's our biggest signing... :troll:

Minardista
04 Jun 12, 01:15
Didn't anyone else notice this thread is in the wrong section?

It should be in La Grande Inter, next to Marco Branca :trolldad:

Driv5r
04 Jun 12, 03:48
Hahahah those who complain about Palacio really understand little of football. He's a magnificent player, quick, skillful, fast-thinking, scores. What are they complaining about? Must be americans...

snake
04 Jun 12, 03:52
Hahahah those who complain about Palacio really understand little of football. He's a magnificent player, quick, skillful, fast-thinking, scores. What are they complaining about? Must be americans...

:lol:

b4h4mooth
04 Jun 12, 06:56

http://interculturalmeanderings.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/the-world-according-to-america-2.png

thatdude
04 Jun 12, 22:31
Yet I don't see one person with an american flag on the last two pages...:pokerface:

perika
05 Jun 12, 06:22
we must wait and see how Palacio work on our t-shirt :)

Devious
05 Jun 12, 08:51
Yet I don't see one person with an american flag on the last two pages...:pokerface:

They must be undercover.

Coasterfreek
06 Jun 12, 05:21

It's all wait and see for me. There's been mixed reviews from reading this thread. :lol: that there is no American flag here.. until this post. I don't get the cheap shot you're trying to take at me though.

http://interculturalmeanderings.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/the-world-according-to-america-2.png

:yao:

apahllo
06 Jun 12, 07:51
get-r-done!

F U C K MILAN
06 Jun 12, 12:00
19 goals in a team that finished one place above relegation....

Pajo
06 Jun 12, 12:04
^^that means that he has saved them from relegation :D

Man, we will see how he does. Some people play better when surrounded by better players. Some play better when surrounded by weaker ones and are star in their teams.

Let's at least give the guy a chance.

Hasan
06 Jun 12, 14:27

Than why he played until his 30yr in Genoa. With all that atributes you mentonied ... I like him but there is something more.

Toninu
06 Jun 12, 14:47
Milito was with Genoa till he was 30...

And plus Palacio has been very successful and has had a great season. Could you people just be a little patient and wait to see how he does instead of this incessant bitching and moaning.

Big Willy
06 Jun 12, 16:06
Deleted.

The Wall
06 Jun 12, 16:23
Comparing Milito and Palacio is blasphemy in every possible way.

Pajo
06 Jun 12, 17:04
I remember very well how 80% of the people were whining EXACTLY like they are now when we signed Milito... How he is 30 years old player that has never played in a big club :oblivious: There were only few people that were excited.

Same goes for Eto. There were MANY who thought Eto can't do shit without Xavi and Iniesta, and that losing ibra will cost us Serie A :howler:

crzdcolombian
06 Jun 12, 17:10
Milito was with Genoa till he was 30...

And plus Palacio has been very successful and has had a great season. Could you people just be a little patient and wait to see how he does instead of this incessant bitching and moaning.

He is our player now.... now it's time to go all Fan boy like we do with every other player who is at Inter. Palacio is better than Lavezzi :)

The Wall
06 Jun 12, 17:21
What random people talk around the internet is completely irrelevant to hard cold facts.

Milito doubters(including myself at the time) failed big time not because Milto suddenly turned into class player over night but because they didn't look into facts well enough.

Before joining Inter Milito scored more than 20 goals in 4 of 5 of his European seasons scoring 17 in that one. Including goals against Barcelona, Real Madrid, Milan, Juventus and Roma.

He scored +20 goals in 6 of his last 8 seasons.

Palacio has managed to score more than 20 goals twice in his whole career.

Also, I don't recall many people being pesimistic about Inter chances after Eto'o-Ibra swap once Sneijder joined the team.

Pajo
06 Jun 12, 17:28
ONCE Sneijder joined the team. Do we know who will join us till the end of mercato? 3 more months to go... I'm talking about individual transfers.

Another thing, of course Militos stats will be better, he is stiker, Palacio is utility player, is natural winger, but has also played as AM and CF.

The point is, we shouldn't judge the player till we see him play. Im not saying he will be better than Milito, or worse. Im not saying he will score 20+, or will score 2. All im saying is that we should just wait! At this moment it looks bad indeed, but there is still much time to improve the team, and Palacio at least deserves to be given a chance.

If you don't believe we will get decent players that will perform, than that's totally another issue :)

The Wall
06 Jun 12, 17:44
ONCE Sneijder joined the team. Do we know who will join us till the end of mercato? 3 more months to go... I'm talking about individual transfers.

And what's the problem with that exactly? They won in the last round with Sneijder! Why was it so wrong to think that team would be worse with Eto'o in Ibra's place without knowing Sneijder will come?

I also fail to see the logic behind connecting the Milto-Palacio comparasion with us not knowing who is going to join Inter untill the end of mercato.

Another thing, of course Militos stats will be better, he is stiker, Palacio is utility player, is natural winger, but has also played as AM and CF.

But when it comes to pointing out Palacio's 19 goals then the stats are a great argument.:okay:

Those stats shows you that Milito has always been elite or close to it in what he does. A scoring machine pretty much every since he layed his foot onto the European soil.

Palacio's other ''qualities'' are obviously not even close to being elite. No, I don't have any stat to back that up but I highly doubt we are looking at some world class dribble machine/creative force that nobody knew nothing of so far.

The point is, we shouldn't judge the player till we see him play. Im not saying he will be better than Milito, or worse. Im not saying he will score 20+, or will score 2. All im saying is that we should just wait! At this moment it looks bad indeed, but there is still much time to improve the team, and Palacio at least deserves to be given a chance.

And again, players do not not turn into beasts and become a class or two better over night. Palacio has been playing football for a long time, I don't see anything wrong with using his lame background to help us predict his perfomances with Inter. I don't really need to see him play(for Inter) before saying stuff about him. He has been around for a while, everyone is aware of his qualities.

Milito, on the other hand has always been a class player but people failed to see the facts supporting that. And I as already said, comparing the two is a blasphemy(just like saying you don't know if Palacio will be better than Milito).

Dude, seriously:rollani:.

It's pretty safe to say he will not even get close to what Milito did for our club. They are just not in the same league. It's like comparing prime Cambiasso and Thomas Gravesen.

MANTA
06 Jun 12, 19:57
This is getting repetitive.

Some people think he is good, others think he sucks.

The bottom line is he is our player, like him or not.

If you really can't find yourself liking Palacio, just think that given the salary difference and close transfer fees, he is a free upgrade over Pandev.

n4l
06 Jun 12, 20:10
It's pretty safe to say he will not even get close to what Milito did for our club. They are just not in the same league. It's like comparing prime Cambiasso and Thomas Gravesen.

Holy shit. That is mad hilarious. I remember his days at Everton and particularly at Real :palm:

Anyways, point taken. Palacio may be a decent player, but paying 10mil for a decent player WHO IS 30 is simply not smart/good business at all. And comparing him to Milito and Eto'o is just plain old stupid. Those are world class players. Palacio is not. Should compare him to Suazo :troll:

Suneet
06 Jun 12, 20:14
I dont really think we will pay them 10mil cash.... I mean we'll give them half of Kucka, half of some other player, few youth player loans etc and settle the amount. Maybe a few million cash. If we can get a few good performances out of him, then it would be worth it. Its fine if he isnt the only wing forward we sign.

DandyYN
06 Jun 12, 20:54
Dont jugde him before you've seen him playing with our jersey.

Scottish_one
06 Jun 12, 21:08
19 goals in Serie a last season, considerably more than Forlan, Pazzo and Zarate combined.

he deserves more of a chance than a lot are giving him here

minterke
06 Jun 12, 22:09
lol @ ppl comparing Palacio to Suazo.

Suazo couldn't even trap a fucking ball properly he was basically Obafemi Martins 2.0.

Palacio is a very good forward, too bad he's 30 but hopefully we get 2-3 good seasons out of him.

MVD
06 Jun 12, 22:23
He is our player now.... now it's time to go all Fan boy like we do with every other player who is at Inter.....

This is how it should be.
But I´m afraid that on FIF this is very far from reality.

Dylan
06 Jun 12, 23:22
He is our player now.... now it's time to go all Fan boy like we do with every other player who is at Inter. Palacio is better than Lavezzi :)

Yeah, here at FIF we never bash our players :oblivious:

snake
06 Jun 12, 23:40

Suazo couldn't even trap a fucking ball properly he was basically Obafemi Martins 2.0.

Palacio is a very good forward, too bad he's 30 but hopefully we get 2-3 good seasons out of him.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEB

vasilios
06 Jun 12, 23:46

Ahem...

I'm very happy with this signing. Suazo has everything we want: Serie A experience, speed, finishing and dribbling. From what I know of he is a great person as well and I think he'll love his time at Inter.

Before we signed him, Suazo was one of the more prolific goal scorers in Serie A. So, just because Palacio was very good last season doesn't mean people aren't right to be suspicious that he'll be able to replicate that here.

Pajo
06 Jun 12, 23:46
Holy shit, is that Mike? :D

Fapuccino
06 Jun 12, 23:55
Ahem...

Before we signed him, Suazo was one of the more prolific goal scorers in Serie A. So, just because Palacio was very good last season doesn't mean people aren't right to be suspicious that he'll be able to replicate that here.

hahaha thats f****** hilarious

Nyall
06 Jun 12, 23:58
Than why he played until his 30yr in Genoa. With all that atributes you mentonied ... I like him but there is something more.
Diego Alberto Milito...

snake
06 Jun 12, 23:59
To be fair...Suazo joined us at a younger age...

DanHoe
07 Jun 12, 00:12
Suazo was a different kind of player who bagged a whole heap of goals from the penalty spot when he was a Cagliari.

Raul Duke
07 Jun 12, 04:26
So Pandev + 2.5mil gets us Palacio

:slick:

dynasty27
07 Jun 12, 05:43
And still better than Sculli 2 years ago or Kuyt.

Toninu
07 Jun 12, 05:56
Well Palacio before his 19 goal season was playing as more of a supporting striker, this season he was a CF and had one hell of a season.

Suazo was an exception to the rule and plus injuries pretty much hampered him. And I didn't see anyone complain about him back then. But apparently most of you have the power to see into the future and instead of being fans and supporting OUR players they want them to fail. But I'm not surprised about this since one of you thinks the 06 scudetto was a joke.

Muller!
07 Jun 12, 06:06
But I'm not surprised about this since one of you thinks the 06 scudetto was a joke.

I believe many of us think THAT scudetto was a joke...
Come on, we were third in the final ranking. Juventus and Milan were much stronger than Inter back then.
After that we started to rule, but on 2006... well, I don't count that.

Lothar of the Hill People
07 Jun 12, 06:27
Gasperini finally gets his man. Ooops.

I am cautiously optimistic of this signing. Watching some of his games last year for Genoa, he stood out, whether he was scoring or not. I thought he gave Inter enough headaches. I think he can be a versatile player who can support Milito and has a chance to be compatible with him and give some width to the forward line. Pazzo, Zarate, Pandev and Forlan were clearly lost along side Milito.

Ffi201zi002tlis
07 Jun 12, 06:27
Come on, we were third in the final ranking. Juventus and Milan were much stronger than Inter back then.
:milkrageface:

"us" means "Bbilan /Rube fans", right ? :yao:

skeet
07 Jun 12, 06:46

you might be an obvious troll, or just a fucking idiot

but personally, i think you're both

Shark
07 Jun 12, 07:12

ouch! BUUURRNNN!

I4E
07 Jun 12, 08:41

An obvious troll is a dime a dozen, i'd just stick to him being just a fucking idiot

Toninu
07 Jun 12, 08:50

See that's the ignorance about this club which annoys me...

junior55
07 Jun 12, 15:48
According to the rules of FIF now should be the time to open this thread OFFICIAL (http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=58343&L=it)

vassago
07 Jun 12, 15:54
http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=58343&L=it

yeeeeey:oblivious:

vitomins
07 Jun 12, 16:31
Diego Alberto Milito...

Milito scored over 50 goals in 3 La Liga seasons before joining Genoa. And before that he scored over 30 goals in two seasons of Serie B football with Genoa.

Hopefully you can see the difference.

vassago
07 Jun 12, 16:38
how can someone ever compare Milito to Palacio...:serious:

The Wall
07 Jun 12, 16:40

You are now banning people for saying stuff like this now?:okay:

I actually know more than few real Interistas who feel the same way. I'm not talking about people that occasionally support the club but people that actually attend games.

---------- Post added at 18:40 ---------- Previous post was at 18:38 ----------

how can someone ever compare Milito to Palacio...:serious:

Palacio scored 19 goals for Genoa last season. GENOA DUDEEE!!!!!!! That's like Milito vol 2., real fucking Matrix stuff.

vassago
07 Jun 12, 16:50
Palacio scored 19 goals for Genoa last season. GENOA DUDEEE!!!!!!! That's like Milito vol 2., real fucking Matrix stuff.

GENOA you say... really... i tought it was Lecce or something:dino:

kidding aside

Milito scored shitload of goals where ever he went... not the same thing...right

dont make me pull out the Suazo card on you...:lol:

necrodragon
07 Jun 12, 16:56
well best of luck to you palacio, hope you turn out like di natale or milito

IRR26
07 Jun 12, 17:19
Finally this saga is over. It is good to know that Branca gived us bottom dollar deal. :troll:

minterke
07 Jun 12, 17:31
Ahem...Before we signed him, Suazo was one of the more prolific goal scorers in Serie A. So, just because Palacio was very good last season doesn't mean people aren't right to be suspicious that he'll be able to replicate that here. You live and learn. Everyone had high hopes for Suazo. However he didn't have the technical qualities in the end to cut it at Inter. Palacio is way better in that aspect. Even if he doesnt score 20 goals he can still be useful to us, whereas Suazo was as useful as a bag of dicks.

vasilios
07 Jun 12, 17:58
You live and learn. Everyone had high hopes for Suazo. However he didn't have the technical qualities in the end to cut it at Inter. Palacio is way better in that aspect. Even if he doesnt score 20 goals he can still be useful to us, whereas Suazo was as useful as a bag of dicks.

yeah, I thought Suazo would do better as well, my point was just that sometimes players move to a bigger club and are unable to replicate the same level of performances, whether it be due to pressure, style of play or whatever. I think anyone expecting Palacio to repeat last season's form will be in for a rude awakening. I think we'll see something more along the lines of what he was the 2 years prior which was a decent player, and still an upgrade over anyone else we have out wide.

Pajo
07 Jun 12, 18:49
Well, some people play better when surrounded by better players.. Some play worse and can't cope with the pressure. As for Palacio, it remains to be seen I guess. If he can bang 10+ goals and plays well, i would be happy.

tuadi
08 Jun 12, 02:03
it's official now..
no more photoshoped picture..

Fitzy
08 Jun 12, 03:46
except for on inter.it

Universe
08 Jun 12, 03:54
except for on inter.it

Was thinking about that. I think Palacio's head has been photoshopped onto Pazzini's body.

Nein
08 Jun 12, 04:59
And what's the problem with that exactly? They won in the last round with Sneijder! Why was it so wrong to think that team would be worse with Eto'o in Ibra's place without knowing Sneijder will come?

I also fail to see the logic behind connecting the Milto-Palacio comparasion with us not knowing who is going to join Inter untill the end of mercato.

But when it comes to pointing out Palacio's 19 goals then the stats are a great argument.:okay:

Those stats shows you that Milito has always been elite or close to it in what he does. A scoring machine pretty much every since he layed his foot onto the European soil.

Palacio's other ''qualities'' are obviously not even close to being elite. No, I don't have any stat to back that up but I highly doubt we are looking at some world class dribble machine/creative force that nobody knew nothing of so far.

And again, players do not not turn into beasts and become a class or two better over night. Palacio has been playing football for a long time, I don't see anything wrong with using his lame background to help us predict his perfomances with Inter. I don't really need to see him play(for Inter) before saying stuff about him. He has been around for a while, everyone is aware of his qualities.

Milito, on the other hand has always been a class player but people failed to see the facts supporting that. And I as already said, comparing the two is a blasphemy(just like saying you don't know if Palacio will be better than Milito).

Dude, seriously:rollani:.

Oh, your posts make me cringe :( They really do. It's clear you have zero idea of what sort of player Palacio is. I'd question whether you have any sort of idea any player outside of Inters squad is too.

If you had any idea what sort of player Palacio was you'd know he was an incredible talent, one of Boca's best in the last two decades. He moved to a mediocre serie A side and had been decent. Obviously he needed time to transition to the league. He is a right wing forward, these sorts of players aren't usually successful l in this league, and as I previously stated, hes been in a mediocre side.. playing in a position that most serie A sides could care less about. It's easy for him to stay under the radar when you have people such as yourself in positions of power, by people like you.. I mean people who think goals = good player. As I said, RWF.. not gonna get many goals, especially playing for a side like Genoa.

But this season hes played mostly in a more central role, and hes shown just how lethal he is. He is the exact type of player inter need. He is decently fast, agile, good on the ball, excellent finisher, good passer, can play on either wing and can play up front. Inter don't have any player like him. And Stramas preferred formation means we've seen Ricky Alvarez and Zarate playing in these positions. Zarate is good, but he doesn't have the brain yet to play the role effectivly, far too selfsih. Alvarez is slow on the ball, slow to think, and not suited for the role at all. Not to mention Forlan, hes not designed for this role at all.

And then you people want to pay 30m for Lavezzi? Okay, Lavezzi is stronger, faster, younger, far more energetic than Palacio. But hes not a good passer, hes not a good finisher, he offers no variety to the team.. he can play his role and thats it, hes a very poor crosser too. Palacio is a better passer and finisher, a better team player, smarter, far more experienced and he can play up front. Milito can't be relied on for an entire season by himself, the fact that Palacio is more than capable of taking over that role is a massive bonus. And he cost 10m? And people are still crying for Lavezzi?

Please... this is one of Brancas smarter transfers.

Wallace
08 Jun 12, 07:19
he offers no variety to the team.. he can play his role and thats it

You made it sound like Lavezzi is downright mediocre in playing his "role". Dude, he's like one of the best in the role he plays, it's the quality of difference between the two players.

If you'd like to talk up Palacio's transfer by talking down Lavezzi's ability, fine.

But for me, Palacio is just a less costly solution to our wide position, and that's it.

There's no doubt Palacio will score goals, and loads of it, perhaps 30 goals, or 50 goals. However, he'll never provide the flair and creativity Lavezzi is able to provide, especially on a bigger stage.

Pimpin
08 Jun 12, 10:41
Lavezzi can play better on a bigger stage?

dude he played jjust this season on a bigger stage .

The Wall
08 Jun 12, 11:51
Oh, your posts make me cringe :( They really do. It's clear you have zero idea of what sort of player Palacio is. I'd question whether you have any sort of idea any player outside of Inters squad is too.
Nice way to get some thanks you thank whore. Trash another poster, not his opinon without backing it.You didn't addres a single point I made.

If you had any idea what sort of player Palacio was you'd know he was an incredible talent, one of Boca's best in the last two decades. He moved to a mediocre serie A side and had been decent. Obviously he needed time to transition to the league. He is a right wing forward, these sorts of players aren't usually successful l in this league, and as I previously stated, hes been in a mediocre side.. playing in a position that most serie A sides could care less about. It's easy for him to stay under the radar when you have people such as yourself in positions of power,

LOL incredible talent.....You are completely deluded if you really believe Palacio is an ''incredible'' talent. He just isn't(and he never was), there is really no discussion here. No matter what do you pin it on, flying under the radar, transition to the league blah blah....He has never shown a level of football to merit being called an incredible talent. And he is 30 already.

by people like you.. I mean people who think goals = good player. As I said, RWF.. not gonna get many goals, especially playing for a side like Genoa.

Reported for stupidity and trolling.

As I said, RWF.. not gonna get many goals, especially playing for a side like Genoa.
But this season hes played mostly in a more central role, and hes shown just how lethal he is. He is the exact type of player inter need. He is decently fast, agile, good on the ball, excellent finisher, good passer, can play on either wing and can play up front. Inter don't have any player like him. And Stramas preferred formation means we've seen Ricky Alvarez and Zarate playing in these positions. Zarate is good, but he doesn't have the brain yet to play the role effectivly, far too selfsih. Alvarez is slow on the ball, slow to think, and not suited for the role at all. Not to mention Forlan, hes not designed for this role at all.

Way to sugar coat Palacio's mediocrity/ trying to deceive people by pointing out his strenghts without putting it into context of his actual quality. It's not like you are the only one that has watched him play so everybody else just missed the genius of Palacio(including the rest of the clubs since there was no competition for him) Can you name me just one wing forward, ONE(1) that is considered elite or even a difference maker without great stats to go along with it? I just want one guy. Nobody sane buys that your eye test of his game is an valid enough argument. If you are a difference maker and a quality player you are going to produce no matter what.

And again, being better and producing better than Alvarez, Zarate, Forlan and the rest of our shit is really not making Palacio a player we need. It doesn't work like that at all. Also, Palacio theoretically being able to play all over the place in our positions of need doesn't mean he can do it good enough. Inter needs a difference maker and Palacio is not one. But how would you know what terms ''quality'' or ''difference maker'' actually mean in team sports anyways, right?

And the whole ''19 goals for Genoa playing a CF'' argument has already been shattered into pieces multiple times. Also, didn't you point out that goals isn't=good players but you still use the last Genoa season and his goals as argument?:pokerface:

And then you people want to pay 30m for Lavezzi? Okay, Lavezzi is stronger, faster, younger, far more energetic than Palacio. But hes not a good passer, hes not a good finisher, he offers no variety to the team.. he can play his role and thats it, hes a very poor crosser too. Palacio is a better passer and finisher, a better team player, smarter, far more experienced and he can play up front. Milito can't be relied on for an entire season by himself, the fact that Palacio is more than capable of taking over that role is a massive bonus. And he cost 10m? And people are still crying for Lavezzi?

This tells me everything I need to know you hopeless Palacio dick rider. And you are the one calling people out for not knowing stuff about players outside of Inter?

FACTS:
Lavezzi is by far a superior player and a difference maker which Palacio isn't

Lavezzi is a proven Serie A performer who played great for Napoli in the CL as well

Lavezzi did that playing for a great team while Palacio had one fluke season playing for one of the worst teams in the league. Happened with many players before(you should check Vito's post concerning that)

Lavezzi is rated close to 30m and wanted by many for a reason. Only Inter wanted Palacio. There is a reason to it you know? A significant difference in terms of quality that is. When you pay Lavezzi you get a great player capable of bringing you closer to winning things(and earn more money by doing it). When you pay Palacio you just get an average squad player who can't make a differece to save his life.

Lavezzi for 27m>Palacio for 10m

And how exactly is he capable of taking over Milito's role? By not sucking as much as Forlan, Pazzini, Alvarez, Zarate lol? Because YOU say he is capable of playing anywhere up front in our formation?

Please... this is one of Brancas smarter transfers.
:lol: No,it's not.

Universe
08 Jun 12, 12:19
Watch out Nyall, The Wall is out to get ya.

Suneet
08 Jun 12, 13:30
Lavezzi played 1 good season and is worth 30million.... Thank god the wall doesn't have to price Messi or C.Ron..

The only other team that wanted Lavezzi is PSG. Rewind a couple of seasons back, Lavezzi was not even wanted by De La.

Lavezzi had a great support cast thereby making it a little easier. He would have been worth almost nothing in 3 years and we would be paying him Wesley Sneijder level wages at 30 and The Wall would then complain about that too... I'm not saying Palacio is better, I'm saying STOP THE FUCKING COMPLAINTS!

Nein
08 Jun 12, 13:37
Nice way to get some thanks you thank whore

Stopped reading after that. Really, if you're gonna prove your stupidity is on par with your ignorance in the first sentence of your reply, why read more? Try again next time and just maybe you won't come off as a butt-hurt little school girl.

ps: u mad :pazzini:

snake
08 Jun 12, 13:42
Getting called a thank whore for owning someone. What a crazy world we live in!

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

Mad Biscione
08 Jun 12, 13:43
Palacio looking at his price/wages/stats is better option than most of attacking players in the WOOOOOOOOOORLD

I wasn't a believer, but now I am. Palacio and Miltio will fuck everyone up, just provide good support

n4l
08 Jun 12, 14:11
Very disingenuous suneet. Lavezzi has had only 1 good season? :palm:

I4E
08 Jun 12, 14:17
Getting called a thank whore for owning someone. What a crazy world we live in!

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

Don't know whats more amusing. The term 'Thank Whore' or the fact he called someone with 6 thanks a thank whore !

Big Willy
08 Jun 12, 14:21
The ignore list has been getting damn large these days lol

Suneet
08 Jun 12, 16:40
Very disingenuous suneet. Lavezzi has had only 1 good season? :palm:

I love you, but he has matured in the last 2 seasons at best, to me he was just like Zarate till then. And he has only 1 CL season so far, I mean 30mil for him is too far fetched considering when we want to sell him, we'd be lucky to get a loaf of bread in 3-4 seasons. He's never played at a club where you have to win all the matches. I think these are fair points..

Shark
08 Jun 12, 16:52
Palacio has been even owning on PES for me. Good omen. :awyeah:

b4h4mooth
08 Jun 12, 17:23
Palacio > lavezzi. Why ? Palacio is Inter player and Lavezzi isnt.

Inter7
09 Jun 12, 05:20
ok im all for supporting our players but cmon guys palacio better then lavezzi? is anyone delusional enough to believe that!!!!!!! i would give three rat tails for one lavezzi! although i believe palacio will make a good addition to the team somewhat. excited to see if he lives up to this forums hype.

kova9
09 Jun 12, 10:29
hype??! I don't see any hype about him in this forum (thread)..
Yes, we all support him as we should.. But general opinion is that we still must get stronger, and Palacio is a guy that can help us here and there, score some goals, get some assists, create a little bit, but it's not set in stone that he will be a full time starter for the whole season.. ;)

qb4ever_2k
09 Jun 12, 11:41
I don't want to be american, but Lavezzi's stats isn't better than Palacio's :work:
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/104430/ezequiel-lavezzi?cc=4716
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/137715/rodrigo-palacio?cc=4716

Me2
09 Jun 12, 13:17
I don't want to be american, but Lavezzi's stats isn't better than Palacio's :work:
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/104430/ezequiel-lavezzi?cc=4716
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/137715/rodrigo-palacio?cc=4716

In Napoli there are Cavani, Hamsik, Pandev and (was) Lavezzi, in Genoa it was just Palacio tbh

vassago
09 Jun 12, 14:05
In Napoli there are Cavani, Hamsik, Pandev and (was) Lavezzi, in Genoa it was just Palacio tbh

:lol: 1 against 11 must be hard... but the guy is a phenomenon and only 30 years young... :)

all jokes aside i really hope Brancas wet dream for this guy truly comes true... and i hope it's about Palacio playing good football for Inter

qb4ever_2k
09 Jun 12, 15:26

So what do you mean?
Lavezzi had to share his opportunities with Cavani and Hamsik
or there were other teammates that help Lavezzi to score and assisst while Palacio was only on his own?

vasilios
09 Jun 12, 16:46
Poll added

Me2
10 Jun 12, 09:45
Voted for number 10 :)

Jacquez
10 Jun 12, 10:08
I really like the fact that you've changed the wording of the 7th category. The whole 'best player nationalwise'-thingy always confused me.
However, regardless of it being completely indifferent to anything at all, when you say 'One of the best in the country', do you mean Italy or Argentina? Wouldn't it be better to write 'One of the best in the league'?

Phew, that was a giant rock off my chest. Thanks for listening. :-)

vasilios
10 Jun 12, 17:39
yeah - the "national wise" thing had been bugging me for a while as well, I think that's the only change I made when I created it.

I just now edited the poll to re-write some of the choices though.

Pani
10 Jun 12, 22:14
Great prospect...young and promising...

Funny transfer guys...he can't be used to reconstruct our team...he can play 1-2 year at high level...

Good but old, simple.

junkie
11 Jun 12, 11:20
2163 :D

junior55
11 Jun 12, 14:57
yeah - the "national wise" thing had been bugging me for a while as well, I think that's the only change I made when I created it.

I just now edited the poll to re-write some of the choices though.

Can smn make a similiar poll for coutinho . I'd love to vote a 9/10 for once

Batman
12 Jun 12, 09:23
Palacio > lavezzi. Why ? Palacio is Inter player and Lavezzi isnt.:oblivious:

Pod
28 Jun 12, 22:44
http://www.calcioline.com/2012/06/27/calcioscommesse-rodrigo-palacio-invischiato-in-genoa-sampdoria-155439/

Devious
29 Jun 12, 13:20
Time to vote!! :awwwyeah:

Button button buttons!!

http://screenhog.com/img/DexterAndDeedee.png

Alex de Large
03 Jul 12, 10:26
I voted for 2 - Useless. Adds nothing of value, detrimental to the team when on the pitch

b4h4mooth
03 Jul 12, 10:52
https://fbcdn_sphotos_b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/532707_400847566632055_310177694_n.jpg

Solfice
03 Jul 12, 12:19
Won't vote before I haven't seen him play for Inter.

vasilios
03 Jul 12, 13:09
Won't vote before I haven't seen him play for Inter.

That's kind of the point. It's a prediction.

Besnik
03 Jul 12, 13:21
Well, there's too much premature judgements towards Palacio. He's not very old, but still 30 is neither young, but this transfer deal makes sense because we needed a player like him.

Not going to enter on a debate again, but just it's kinda sad to see the amount of shit being posted nowadays.

n4l
03 Jul 12, 13:23
Seeing that ~ 66% of the FiF members voted him above average/good, it means there's not a lot of SHIT being aimed at palacio.....yet

A.l.i
03 Jul 12, 14:11
I hope he surprises us and does a Milito.

Universe
03 Jul 12, 14:18
There should be a poll option called "fuck". It wouldn't divulge or determine a rating on his predicted performance outcome, but it would express the way I feel about the transfer.

INTERISTA-PER-LA-VITA
03 Jul 12, 15:47
So many options to choose from.....This one is really tough. I have watched Palacio ever since he was a youngster playing for Boca and always wondered why he did not make his way to Europe earlier. He played like a pitbull and had the skill to match it too. He is one Argentine player I wished would come to Inter for ages.

But now he has finally arrived at 30 years old, about 5 years too late. I just hope that he still has the legs in him to make the step up. Since I am a huge fan of his I will go with my heart and say that he will be an important player for Inter in the next few seasons scoring almost as many goals as he did with Boca and providing many assists.

Forza Rodrigo.....May that rats tail bring you good fortune in your time at Internazionale.

Solfice
03 Jul 12, 15:58
That's kind of the point. It's a prediction.

Aah, I thought that it would be based on the games he'll play.

Alex de Large
03 Jul 12, 16:18
What's sad is to see the amount of shit players Inter is buying nowadays.

Besnik
03 Jul 12, 17:34
What's sad is to see the amount of shit players Inter is buying nowadays.

Maybe in your books, but in reality Palacio is not shit though. Maybe he's not a top quality player, but he's definitely an upgrade in our attack, and a player that we've needed.

Alex de Large
03 Jul 12, 17:38
Id rather let the young primavera players get that role if we are not getting top players, Palacio is good if our goal is to be a mediocre and old team with no chances in the future.

Devious
03 Jul 12, 17:46
Thank you for this post.

Besnik
03 Jul 12, 17:55
Id rather let the young primavera players get that role if we are not getting top players, Palacio is good if our goal is to be a mediocre and old team with no chances in the future.

Palacio is good if our goal is to have a player who could provide assists and score as well, and he's not very old, so he has still at least couple of years to perform at expectations.

Scottish_one
03 Jul 12, 19:03
good player but too old for us and we over paid

still, hes here and i welcome him, hope he does well as i do like him

Suneet
04 Jul 12, 11:42

We overpaid? We dont really pay Genoa, we will pay them according to the barter system. Its not that we gave them 10mill cash upfront.

Devious
04 Jul 12, 13:33
I think there is a matter of debt collecting in Madrid. I believe it`s the right time to ask them for our 6ms.

Universe
05 Jul 12, 00:13
:trollol: PALACIO~~~

dJw9Ro9UQNM

:trollol: PALACIO~~ is the new :trollol: KARIMI~~

sanka
05 Jul 12, 07:13
I think there is a matter of debt collecting in Madrid. I believe it`s the right time to ask them for our 6ms.

Haha i luv the fact that you keep mention it Dev like you're the Finance Director. :awyeah:

I4E
05 Jul 12, 07:46
:trollol: PALACIO~~~

dJw9Ro9UQNM

:trollol: PALACIO~~ is the new :trollol: KARIMI~~

:trollol:

Checking the label on your shirt. Just as I thought! Maaaade in heaven...

Aby
05 Jul 12, 11:46
While I don't expect him to set the pitch on fire, I think he can be a decent addition. This is among the more sensible of Branca's dealings (of which there aren't many).

Zarate's performances last season meant Inter wouldn't exercise the option to take him, while Forlan was a waste space. Pazzini and Milito can only play as Prima punta, we needed someone to support. And given our general financial condition there weren't any better candidates I can see for 10 odd million who will take a salary of ~2m. In a year or two we would need to replace Milito and it would cost us big bucks. Maybe the money would be better saved for then, with the hope that we might make the CL and will have some cash to spend.

n4l
05 Jul 12, 11:48
While I don't expect him to set the pitch on fire, I think he can be a decent addition. This is among the more sensible of Branca's dealings (of which there aren't many).

Zarate's performances last season meant Inter wouldn't exercise the option to take him, while Forlan was a waste space. Pazzini and Milito can only play as Prima punta, we needed someone to support. And given our general financial condition there weren't any better candidates I can see for 10 odd million who will take a salary of ~2m. In a year or two we would need to replace Milito and it would cost us big bucks. Maybe the money would be better saved for then, with the hope that we might make the CL and will have some cash to spend.

In a year or two we'd need to replace palacio too though...:lol:

Vintage
05 Jul 12, 12:03
In a year or two we'd need to replace palacio too though...:lol:

Hopefully by that time one of Longo or Livaja will be ready :)

Big Willy
05 Jul 12, 16:13
https://p.twimg.com/AxDXXOvCQAA8rMU.jpg:medium

Pajo
05 Jul 12, 16:15
They are like father and a son.

Mad Biscione
05 Jul 12, 16:17
Cordoba: who's wearing the red one guys?
Cou: ...
Ricky: ...
Longo: fuck no
Palacio: screw you guys :pokerface:

skyline1908
05 Jul 12, 16:19
He cut of that rat tail, didnt he?

Good, 15% more speed due to aerodynamics and power to weight ratio. :challenge:

vasilios
05 Jul 12, 16:20

Nah, you can even see it on his shirt

sanka
05 Jul 12, 16:23

It provides more balance though and can be used as a whip into the defender's face when he dribbles.

Scottish_one
05 Jul 12, 17:19
Nah, you can even see it on his shirti seen that, think it must have been photo-shopped as he did cut it off, was an article somewhere about it a few weeks back

vasilios
05 Jul 12, 17:24
He never cut it off, and he's made it very clear he's not going to. They even asked him about it today and he again said he wasn't going to cut it.