PDA

View Full Version : Quarter Final: Germany - Greece

Coasterfreek
18 Jun 12, 04:57
http://images.wikia.com/logopedia/images/d/dc/UEFA_Euro_2012_logo.png

http://www.europe-trips.eu/Germany/Germany-Flag.jpg _ http://www.broadbandprime.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/greece-flag-300x200.jpg

PGE Arena Gdańsk
22/6/12
20:45 CEST

Germany's last 3 results
Denmark - Germany 1 - 2
Holland - Germany 1 - 2
Germany - Portugal 1 - 0

Greece's last 3 results
Greece - Russia 1 - 0
Greece - Czech Republic 1 - 2
Poland - Greece 1 - 1

Mad Biscione
18 Jun 12, 05:08
Podolski :slick:

I4E
18 Jun 12, 05:26
Kommen auf Deutchsland

monster09
18 Jun 12, 06:11
On paper Germans are favs but Greece team has done well to qualify for QFs. One off games, one small mistake is all that takes to be knocked out.

Hopefully Germans will win it..

Visca
18 Jun 12, 07:20
Should be easy for the Germans but we've all seen upsets before.

Pajo
18 Jun 12, 08:28
Germany is going to take revenge all those money they gave to Greece :lol:

sanka
18 Jun 12, 08:58
Who owes whom?But don't get to political stuff.Much of that rumored crisis is just caused by enormous interest rates.

Purely loan sharks.Our dept in terms of general european dept should be laughable.

Maybe i'm wrong but all this talk of it makes me sick like i feel i should own to a german citizen.

Besnik
18 Jun 12, 11:07
Easy win for Deutschland. :D

Lionheart
18 Jun 12, 11:11
Kommen auf Deutchsland

You just said "cum on Germany".

Just sayin'... :work:

I4E
18 Jun 12, 11:15
You just said "cum on Germany".

Just sayin'... :work:

:lol:

what else did you think i meant ? :troll:

AxigZag.ESIOLAG.
19 Jun 12, 04:43
GREECE v. BUNDES D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur5fGSBsfq8&feature=player_embedded

dynasty27
19 Jun 12, 05:06
IF Greece had Karagounis*, they'd win this. So Germany'll prevail.

Coasterfreek
19 Jun 12, 06:20
Should be easy for the Germans but we've all seen upsets before.

I agree with this. The suspension is what really enhances the statement of what should be "easy." Hopefully they should take care of business, but it wouldn't shock me to see the scoreline closer than the game indicates.

sanka
20 Jun 12, 17:04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QDv0BxGfzE

Monty Python :yao:

Pani
21 Jun 12, 09:15
Germans are favorites, but we can make another miracle :)

MVD
21 Jun 12, 11:42
I think that almost everybody is expecting Germany to make it to the next round.
But if Greece really could do another miracle on Friday - well, that would be hilarious! :)

Coasterfreek
22 Jun 12, 07:01
Forza Germany! I'll be at work.... hopefully there is no choking embarrassment.

sanka
22 Jun 12, 08:35
Forza Germany!

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1992/motta1.png

dynasty27
22 Jun 12, 15:41
Did Deki Karagounis really dive vs Russia??

vitomins
22 Jun 12, 15:48
Did Deki Karagounis really dive vs Russia??

You be the judge:

http://www.sportsgrid.com/soccer/greeces-giorgio-karagounis-drew-a-penalty-in-the-box-was-given-a-yellow-for-flopping-instead/

Pajo
22 Jun 12, 15:56
Yo Dara, do you support Germany? :D

Native
22 Jun 12, 16:43
Forza Greece

Bill
22 Jun 12, 17:25
Germany by 27 goals.

dynasty27
22 Jun 12, 18:06
Schürrle, Reus & Klose in for Poldi, Müller and Gomez.

Bill
22 Jun 12, 18:10
Nice. I am a huge fan of Schurrle. Low showing confidence in the youngsters to get a W...maybe we get to see Gotze for the first time!

Pajo
22 Jun 12, 18:13
Schurrle :proud: I love that boy!

Bill
22 Jun 12, 18:21
Schurrle love > Kun Love ? :awyeah:

Pajo
22 Jun 12, 19:00
No way :D Kun >> Schurrle :D

AxigZag.ESIOLAG.
22 Jun 12, 19:11
Bastien & Samaras are probably going to come to punches soon lol

---------- Post added at 11:11 ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 ----------

Zie Germans are kidding with Greece lol... If they are not careful, the Greeks could hit them with a sucker punch & close shop for real!!

dynasty27
22 Jun 12, 19:17
wtf Paj has way too many fav players :D

Pajo
22 Jun 12, 20:03
Jesus, counter and a goal... I fear Greece might redo a 2004 :pokerface:

Ffi201zi002tlis
22 Jun 12, 20:04
Samaras :troll:

Pajo
22 Jun 12, 20:16
that was some goal :eek: 2-1 Germany.

---------- Post added at 22:16 ---------- Previous post was at 22:12 ----------

wtf was Greece GK doing there :lol:

Game over, 3-1, Klose. :)

Coasterfreek
22 Jun 12, 20:19
Damn.. I just tuned in 7 minutes ago and then Klose's header goes in! :lol: @ the GK for going the wrong direction.

He is supporting France I'm pretty sure. :P :troll:

---------- Post added at 13:19 ---------- Previous post was at 13:17 ----------

4-1!!!! :)

Pajo
22 Jun 12, 20:24
If Greece hadnt scored that goal, it would have ended 1-0... Now, fucking RAPING..

dynasty27
22 Jun 12, 20:27
Samaras :troll:Hauwn?

Coasterfreek
22 Jun 12, 20:29
If Greece hadnt scored that goal, it would have ended 1-0... Now, fucking RAPING..

I love the mentality how conceding only makes them stronger.

If I was exposed to the Bundesliga as a child, I'd probably like it. It's not happening now though, because I'd never be here or support Inter if it happened.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/600865_334295666648089_736428583_n.jpg

Besnik
22 Jun 12, 20:45
What a joy. Germany is a fucking monster team. Though the goal conceded was very annoying but then again, it gave extra boost in the German's performance and the second goal came pretty quick.

Too bad they couldn't score even more. A lot of chances and everything, but only four goals. Then again, excitement was there. :D

Mad Biscione
22 Jun 12, 20:45
result is better that actual game for Greece

Bill
22 Jun 12, 20:53
As a German fan, I am not impressed with the performance. I thought Schweinsteiger was awful and should have been subbed at half for Kroos. He was wild with his passes and had some poor defensive positioning. Boateng is a level below most of the players in the squad. I'd be curious as to what he does to be chosen as RB over Howedes or why right footed Lahm isn't moved for Schmelzer to play LB. I thought both Reus and Schurrle played well. Reus got the goal but disappeared at times and Schurrle was trigger happy.

I still think Germany will be able to out score both England and Italy, but the weakness against the counter attack will always keep opposing teams in the match. Spain is another story...Portugal is really warming up as well.

AxigZag.ESIOLAG.
22 Jun 12, 20:57
As a German fan, I am not impressed with the performance. I thought Schweinsteiger was awful and should have been subbed at half for Kroos. He was wild with his passes and had some poor defensive positioning. Boateng is a level below most of the players in the squad. I'd be curious as to what he does to be chosen as RB over Howedes or why right footed Lahm isn't moved for Schmelzer to play LB. I thought both Reus and Schurrle played well. Reus got the goal but disappeared at times and Schurrle was trigger happy.

I still think Germany will be able to out score both England and Italy, but the weakness against the counter attack will always keep opposing teams in the match. Spain is another story...Portugal is really warming up as well.

He had a particularly bad game....

Besnik
22 Jun 12, 21:04

Some good points over there. I completely agree though. Schweini has been a disappointment tonight, feels like he was very slow with decisions and ball playing. Reus was quite good, he almost got an assist as well, with that great co-operation play in the first half between Klose and Ozil, the latter who who wasted that great chance.

Ozil has been solid, no surprise in his game but only want to say that his finishing is awful. He got all the things well, runs, movements, dribblings and all, but in the end he misses a great chance. If only his finishing was better, he would easily have at least one goal tonight.

We've seen great goals tonight, especially the one of Khedira was brilliant with great accuracy and powerful shot. And Klose couldn't miss the goalscorers list like always. This team is very promising, I hope they won't fail.

AxigZag.ESIOLAG.
22 Jun 12, 21:15
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/599468_438008166219545_1260411181_n.jpg

Lionheart
22 Jun 12, 21:34

Of course not.

Pajo
22 Jun 12, 23:49
Of course not.

but you are german, kind of... :P

rockball
23 Jun 12, 05:25
German quality is frightening. They could afford to rest Muller, Podolski and play Reus and Schurrle. To top it, they had a player like Gotze to come on later.

Up front is a big dilemma. Gomez is in red hot form but so is Klose. I've come to love Klose over the years and this season with Lazio just made that go over the roof. I think he was great last night.

German_Interista
23 Jun 12, 09:01
:slick:

Next opponent will be really hard. France is really strong and against Italy we fuck up nearly every time. Nevertheless I'm looking forward to the game :)

German quality is frightening. They could afford to rest Muller, Podolski and play Reus and Schurrle. To top it, they had a player like Gotze to come on later.

Up front is a big dilemma. Gomez is in red hot form but so is Klose. I've come to love Klose over the years and this season with Lazio just made that go over the roof. I think he was great last night.

Reus was brilliant and I really don't want to see Müller anymore. He is just there because he is a talent coming from the Munich youth. If he had played for example for Freiburg no one would give one single fuck. Same goes to Badstuber, our "defence chef", Hummels is by far our best player there and I would like to see Höwedes there. The quality of Germany is really immense the last years. Schweini, Poli and Lahm have such experience although they are only 27-28 years old.:megusta:

monster09
23 Jun 12, 09:28
What a team Germans have got,

12 players were 23 or under 23.

Their best midfielder (Bastian) is 27 and their defense apart from Lahm (Who is 28) are just 23 years old. Keeper is 26.

Fuck this team can play for many many years, still they have players like Gotze waiting for his first team chances.

---------- Post added at 14:58 ---------- Previous post was at 14:53 ----------

Still they have Gundogan (21), Schürrle (21), Bender (23), Kroos(22), Gotze (20), Howedes (24), Zeiler(23) waiting for first team chances. What a young squad they have got. Quality. For 2014 they will only get better.

Pajo
23 Jun 12, 11:41
Don't forget players like Draxler (18), Matib (20), Holdby (21), Reinartz (23), Lars Bender (23), who weren't even called up and are utter BEASTS! Also Sven Bender and Schmeltzer who are on the bench.

Germany has by FAAAAAR the best younsgers in the world. In 2-3 years when they gain experience, they will be totally unstoppable. What was Spain in the last 4 years, Germany will be double that. The Spanish are hyping their youngsters, but Germany ones are twice better, less hyped, and more cheap. We should send scouts in the Bundesliga tbh...

AxigZag.ESIOLAG.
23 Jun 12, 14:37
Don't forget players like Draxler (18), Matib (20), Holdby (21), Reinartz (23), Lars Bender (23), who weren't even called up and are utter BEASTS! Also Sven Bender and Schmeltzer who are on the bench.

Germany has by FAAAAAR the best younsgers in the world. In 2-3 years when they gain experience, they will be totally unstoppable. What was Spain in the last 4 years, Germany will be double that. The Spanish are hyping their youngsters, but Germany ones are twice better, less hyped, and more cheap. We should send scouts in the Bundesliga tbh...

Who is Matib?

Kraits
23 Jun 12, 14:44
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jo%C3%ABl_Matip
Already represent Cameroon....

MVD
23 Jun 12, 14:45
It´s Germany´s turn to win it this time.
I don´t think that any of the left teams can prevent them from doing so.

AxigZag.ESIOLAG.
23 Jun 12, 14:50
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joël_Matip
Already represent Cameroon....

Ahhh he meant MATIP... not MatIB... I thought so... Anyway, Joel Matip is Cameroonian! Not German!

Pajo
23 Jun 12, 14:59
He has German pass, i didnt know he chose Cameroon. Always thought he will choose Germany :D

AxigZag.ESIOLAG.
23 Jun 12, 15:01
He has German pass, i didnt know he chose Cameroon. Always thought he will choose Germany :D

Yeah he & his older brother (Marvin) alongside Mainz striker-Choupo were convinced by Matip's dad to choose Cameroon over Germany.

Pajo
23 Jun 12, 15:18
it doesnt patter, put Daniel Schwaab there instead lol.. You got my point :)

Kraits
23 Jun 12, 16:06
Really sad why are we not linking with any of that big pool of talent...
Reus, Schurrle... I like to get my hands on them even if it means 18m-20m.........

dynasty27
23 Jun 12, 16:19
Don't forget players like Draxler (18), Matib (20), Holdby (21), Reinartz (23), Lars Bender (23), who weren't even called up and are utter BEASTS! Also Sven Bender and Schmeltzer who are on the bench. Lars from Leverkusen is called up for this euro, was MOTM vs denmark His twin brother sven from Dortmund was left home, mostly because of his injuries from last season.
I'm not really sold on Reinartz and Schwaab, they can remain solid in the league but don't see them good enough for NT.

After Reus departure from Gladbach, Patrick Herrmann could be the next youngster with a breakthrough season. Was already convincing last season.

Pajo
23 Jun 12, 16:25
I missed the game, and i thought it was the other way arround, Sven called up, and Lars left home. I have mistaken i guess :D

Schwaab yeah, just mentioned as a solid back for the CB/RB position, but i like Reinartz a lot. Great player imo.