PDA

View Full Version : Semi-Final: Portugal - Spain

Coasterfreek
23 Jun 12, 20:36
http://images.wikia.com/logopedia/images/d/dc/UEFA_Euro_2012_logo.png

http://www.clker.com/cliparts/2/8/8/4/12065659511900408740Anonymous_flaf_of_Portugal.svg .med.png _ http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/9a/Flag_of_Spain.svg/300px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png

Donbass Arena, Donetsk
27/6/12
20:45 CEST

Os Navegadores' last 4 results
Czech Republic - Portugal 0 - 1
Portugal - Holland 2 - 1
Denmark - Portugal 2 - 3
Germany - Portugal 1 - 0

La Furia Rojas's last 3 results
Spain - France 2 - 0
Croatia - Spain 0 - 1
Spain - Ireland 4 - 0
Spain - Italy 1 - 1

Intense neighbor battle!

ADRossi
23 Jun 12, 20:44
#addictedtomakingmatchthreads

:troll:

Coasterfreek
23 Jun 12, 20:51
#addictedtomakingmatchthreads

:lol: I want to maximize the discussion pre-match.

FORZAINTERMILAN
23 Jun 12, 20:54
GO Portugal!

Besnik
23 Jun 12, 20:55
Since the begining of the tournament, I've stand with my opinion that Portugal is one of the few teams that could seriously challenge Spain, so finally we've got to see their toughest task.

interista4
23 Jun 12, 20:58
I really hope Ronaldo fuck those scumbags up.

Devious
23 Jun 12, 21:00
Since the begining of the tournament, I've stand with my opinion that Portugal is one of the few teams that could seriously challenge Spain, so finally we've got to see their toughest task.

Hey mate, care for a trade?

Your #4 shirt number for my most precious virginity. deal?

Besnik
23 Jun 12, 21:03
Hey mate, care for a trade?

Your #4 shirt number for my most precious virginity. deal?

Don't even dare to ask again.

:trolldad:

Devious
23 Jun 12, 21:04
:fu:

monster09
24 Jun 12, 05:56
Portugal midfield should play their best game to have any chance of winning. Portugal can win this if they can defend better (like they did till now). They are deadly on counter with Nani, Ronaldo on wings. Problem is Ronaldo provides 0 defensively on the left wing, so Coentrao will have tough time against Silva.

Pajo
24 Jun 12, 11:51
Forza Portugal! CR, rape those cunts!

dynasty27
24 Jun 12, 15:35
Vamos Espana! Beat those cocky tough-talking diving Portuguese midgets!

Handoyo
24 Jun 12, 16:12
Battle of the Bailouts

_Ivan_
24 Jun 12, 16:25
Goooooooo Portugal! I got nuff of these cunts last couple of years.

Mad Biscione
24 Jun 12, 16:59
Whoever wins, I hope those cucksuckers lose in the final :slick:

Uncommon
24 Jun 12, 17:53
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5gDJfFvObg

crzdcolombian
25 Jun 12, 14:40
I can't wait to see Ronaldo cry like a baby at the end of this game :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNhhtmV_b2c

Dudes always crying 2215

mikec
25 Jun 12, 19:43
For christ sake! He was only 19 on that tournament, it was his first big competition, he was playing very well and loosing against those defensive bastards was really unfair. On that day, millions of portuguese cried. And I would like to know what is the problem of crying, is it because he is a man?

It's going to be an hard game, but I am very confident with the portuguese team since the beggining of the tournament, Portugal is going to win.

sanka
25 Jun 12, 19:47
At least he showed some love for his NT there.Does NOT mean that he's a cry baby or gay.Foolish Messi's humbleness fans go suck his peanut.

Cristiano isn't the original Ronaldo the phenomenon we all respected but he is remarkable when he wants to so cut the crap.

Uncommon
25 Jun 12, 20:06
J.Zanetti was crying when we won CL, Jose was crying on Materazzi's shoulder when he left us...

Devious
25 Jun 12, 20:10
It`s still mine, you hear me!! MINE!! you know who`s Im talking to.

IT`S MIINE!! :awyeah:

Uncommon
25 Jun 12, 20:29
Emma Watson is a she, not it.

FORZAINTERMILAN
27 Jun 12, 04:26
FORZA PORTUGAL! Ronaldo please fuck them

Native
27 Jun 12, 11:27
Forza Portugoal, FUCK SPAAAAAIINN FUUUUUUCK SPAIN

sanka
27 Jun 12, 12:36
Little tough but i hope Portugal wins tonight.

monster09
27 Jun 12, 14:27
La Liga News ‏@laliga_news

UEFA won't allow Spain to keep a moment of silence in memory of Miki Roque prior to the game vs. Portugal.

:palm: UEFA, everything that is wrong in the game. They didn't even allow Madrid to sport tee shirts wishing Abidal speedy recovery when Madrid played Lyon, now this.

sanka
27 Jun 12, 14:33
Strange cause Greece wore black armbands during their Euro 2012 quarter-final against Germany to honour three-time national team coach Alketas Panagoulias who passed away.

They should show some respect in similar matters.

Inter2010
27 Jun 12, 14:47
My predictions Portgaul to beat Spain and Italy to beat Germany with final Italy winners.
I not expected Italy to reach this level, once they get their foot in the door it's full throttle all the way to the final and winners.

crzdcolombian
27 Jun 12, 15:07
For christ sake! He was only 19 on that tournament, it was his first big competition, he was playing very well and loosing against those defensive bastards was really unfair. On that day, millions of portuguese cried. And I would like to know what is the problem of crying, is it because he is a man?

It's going to be an hard game, but I am very confident with the portuguese team since the beggining of the tournament, Portugal is going to win.

dudes always crying tho.I remember Champions league final when he missed the pk and and went in a werid position and cried like a little kid being spanked. It's one thing to cry but god man all the time he needs to put himself together !!! I hope Spain wins because I don't know what Ronaldo would do if Germany scores 5 on them.

O and Ronaldo is a douche, haven't you seen him pointing to his leg like he is a super hero or the shit he says about being goodlooking and godlike. I don't want Portugal to lose because of Ronaldo, I just don't think they are good enough to beat Spain nor are they good enough to beat Germany(Unless Italy wins the next 2 games in PKs)

ADRossi
27 Jun 12, 15:09
My predictions Portgaul to beat Spain and Italy to beat Germany with final Italy winners.
I not expected Italy to reach this level, once they get their foot in the door it's full throttle all the way to the final and winners.

I hope you're a seer

Ffi201zi002tlis
27 Jun 12, 15:27
Fuck Spain, I'm expecting for something like "5-0, hattrick for Ronaldo, red card for Xavi/ Busquets/ Iniesta/ Fabregas/ Pique, Xavi out 9 months+10 days with knee injury,..." :fffuuu:

_Ivan_
27 Jun 12, 15:31
Fuck Spain, I'm expecting for something like "5-0, hattrick for Ronaldo, red card for Xavi/ Busquets/ Iniesta/ Fabregas/ Pique, Xavi out 9 months+10 days with knee injury,..." :fffuuu:

:notbad:

vitomins
27 Jun 12, 15:57
Strange cause Greece wore black armbands during their Euro 2012 quarter-final against Germany to honour three-time national team coach Alketas Panagoulias who passed away.

Ireland did the same against Italy to commemorate the 18th anniversary of shootings in Northern Ireland that killed six people.

monster09
27 Jun 12, 17:19
Statement on alleged request for minute's silence

Further to media reports of the alleged refusal to allow a minute of silence in memory of Spanish football player Miki Roqué ahead of tonight's UEFA EURO 2012 semi-final between Spain and Portugal, UEFA would like to underline that it has not received any such request from the Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF). Articles reporting its rejection by UEFA are therefore totally unfounded.
http://www.uefa.com/uefa/aboutuefa/news/newsid=1834692.html

mikec
27 Jun 12, 17:45
dudes always crying tho.I remember Champions league final when he missed the pk and and went in a werid position and cried like a little kid being spanked. It's one thing to cry but god man all the time he needs to put himself together !!! I hope Spain wins because I don't know what Ronaldo would do if Germany scores 5 on them.

O and Ronaldo is a douche, haven't you seen him pointing to his leg like he is a super hero or the shit he says about being goodlooking and godlike. I don't want Portugal to lose because of Ronaldo, I just don't think they are good enough to beat Spain nor are they good enough to beat Germany(Unless Italy wins the next 2 games in PKs)

I don't know if you are talking when he won the champions league or against Bayern, but I will respond to both of them.

Against United it is easy to explain. He missed a penalty, they could lose because and when Man U managed to win he must have been so happy, because people would say that United lost because of Ronaldo. Against Bayern is different, he failed a penalty which contributed to the elimination, he must have felt terrible. People have different ways to react to each situation, some of them cry, and others don't.

That part of saying that you don't know what Ronaldo would do if he lost for 5 goals is just ridiculous. We played against Germany on the first game and we were a bit unlucky, when Khedira crossed, the ball hit Moutinho.

To the second paragraph, well, it is what you think. I like the way he behaves, he does what he wants and says what he thinks, he doesn't care about what other people will say, if he wanted to celebrate like that, ok then. At least he isn't false like many players from Barcelona.

monster09
27 Jun 12, 17:50
Ronaldo :proud:

http://kingtrumpsace.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/haters-gonna-hate.gif?w=610

AxigZag.ESIOLAG.
27 Jun 12, 17:54

UEFA turned down Spain's request (per RFI Monde) Which is really bizarre coz just like the Greeks u quoted, I think the French had a min of silence for legendary commentator- Thierry Roland who passed away recently.

Visca
27 Jun 12, 18:04
According to RFEF - there was an informal request that was turned down so they didn't bother doing a formal request.

Pharaoh
27 Jun 12, 18:45
Hey Visca, FUCK SPAIN

Howl
27 Jun 12, 18:46
negredo starting.. hmm not sure how that will impact on spains play, certainly better than torres atm, but i woulda gone for lorrente

Pharaoh
27 Jun 12, 19:06
how the fuck is that not even a foul wtfff!!!!

monster09
27 Jun 12, 19:16
Fucking ref, Nani made 2 Spanish player to look like mugs and he blew the whistle. :palm:

Howl
27 Jun 12, 19:29
nani spectacular diving display

david silva has been pretty bad so far, too sloppy

monster09
27 Jun 12, 19:39
One of the best half of the Euro (at least for me). Portugal are really up for this, they pressed and put Spain midfield under so much pressure. I dont think they can do this for whole game, they should get the first goal to have any chance of winning this.

crzdcolombian
27 Jun 12, 20:12
Spain looks way more tired than Portugal with 2 days less rest. A tired Italy vs fing a German team with more rest.......

I hope Spain lose now I hate this no striker formation BS they are playing

AxigZag.ESIOLAG.
27 Jun 12, 20:15
Watching the game on a Dutch channel (NOS) & they just announced that the Dutch coach has quit? Or did I misunderstand that?

Pharaoh
27 Jun 12, 20:23
God everyone is diving on the pitch tonight

monster09
27 Jun 12, 20:24
Watching the game on a Dutch channel (NOS) & they just announced that the Dutch coach has quit? Or did I misunderstand that?

Yeah, he resigned.

Coasterfreek
27 Jun 12, 20:36
Just tuned in coming back from work.. what have I missed?

Ziyad
27 Jun 12, 20:38
Portugal playing much better...Spain don't deserve to win here and i hope they don't. Cr should have done better in a lot of chances.

Besnik
27 Jun 12, 20:38
Just tuned in coming back from work.. what have I missed?

You missed 90 mins of the regular time.. now watch an eye on extra time. :troll:

Mad Biscione
27 Jun 12, 20:40
loving this game - GO CR

Spain sucks mnkey balls, Portugal is better

necrodragon
27 Jun 12, 20:41
3rd cup of coffee I had this night, fuck spain and their tiki-taka

AxigZag.ESIOLAG.
27 Jun 12, 20:45
... is it just me or does this match really suck? WTF??!?

Coasterfreek
27 Jun 12, 20:55
Iniesta blowing it... :lol:

Pharaoh
27 Jun 12, 20:57
So who has the advantage in PKs? IMO Spain by far

Jnr
27 Jun 12, 21:02
Pk's favorite is definitely Spain. Casillas to be the hero

interista4
27 Jun 12, 21:03
Pk's favorite is definitely Spain. Casillas to be the tragic hero

bitch please

Jnr
27 Jun 12, 21:14
Portugal has no chance in the shootout.

Pharaoh
27 Jun 12, 21:15
Depends on if Sergio Ramos takes a penalty :troll:

Coasterfreek
27 Jun 12, 21:16
Portugal is screwed :(

Besnik
27 Jun 12, 21:17
Portugal has no chance in the shootout.

I thought penalties are more or less based on the luck. I wouldn't be surprised if Portugal goes through.

Howl
27 Jun 12, 21:19
ronaldo's dirty shirt shows how much diving hes done today ;)

Besnik
27 Jun 12, 21:21
Brilliant save!!!

Pajo
What a save :eek:

Coasterfreek
Nice save, slow ass penalty by Portugal :palm:

interista4
Why isn't CR taking the first shot..... damn wth..

Pharaoh
Even better save

AxigZag.ESIOLAG.
HAHAHAHA COpa America 2011 all over again lool

Coasterfreek
27 Jun 12, 21:22
HAHAHAHA COpa America 2011 all over again lool

At least they are on target... Brazil sucked balls against Paraguay :lol:

Pharaoh
27 Jun 12, 21:24
Oh god Alves is gonna blow it

Edit: Fucking trolls

Coasterfreek
Nice shot by Nani... I love it when a guy goes in the upper corner.

AxigZag.ESIOLAG.
Will be funRAMOSSSSSSSSSSSS drumrollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

monster09
27 Jun 12, 21:25
What a goal by Ramos. Superb composure. Even Nani's penalty was good.

Coasterfreek
27 Jun 12, 21:25
Ramos with a Pirlo kick.. :troll:

AxigZag.ESIOLAG.
27 Jun 12, 21:26
... a la Pirlo!!! Say woot?!?!??!?!?... and just like Pirlo, the next guy misses looooool

interista4
27 Jun 12, 21:26
Fucking great. why are the CBs taking the first.. no shot for ronaldo...... wow

Besnik
27 Jun 12, 21:27
Fuck this shit.

Coasterfreek
fucking spain..

Mad Biscione
this is bullshit

AxigZag.ESIOLAG.
Fucking Spain man!!! this is depressingly annoying!!!

Howl
hahahaa cr7 bitch, shoulda had the nerve to take one instead of waiting to be the penalty winning hero

AxigZag.ESIOLAG.
27 Jun 12, 21:28
Fake Ronaldo doesnt even have the cojones to take one loooool.

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/311644_196393770490339_1523494140_n.jpg

Pajo
27 Jun 12, 21:32
:palm:

That luck... They showed NOTHING all Euro, and yet, they are in the final... Fucking cunts.

monster09
27 Jun 12, 21:35
:lol:

100s of players didn't get chance to take 5th penalty because of other players, no one even blinked then now since it is Ronaldo it has to be something about his ego, pride and all that bs :lol:

---------- Post added at 03:05 ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 ----------

And so many Eamon Dunphys here, it is unbelievable.

AxigZag.ESIOLAG.
27 Jun 12, 21:38
Even fucking ESPN (USA lol) commentators who know close to nada (heck these are baseball analysts) are roasting CR7 loooool My belle ohhh... weee.. I knew this day was gonna be sweet one way or the other loool

figer
Maybe Ronaldo wasnt ready?

http://e5.pudelek.pl.sds.o2.pl/0ac4f8573862e0ddff30d82b332bea2ba0739e36

interista4
:palm:

That luck... They showed NOTHING all Euro, and yet, they are in the final... Fucking cunts.

That's how they won the world cup lol.. overated scummy team.
Old brazil, Italia, germany, holland, etc etc would rape those losers. They're really lucky to be playing terrible teams.
I mean really..... Italy? worst forward I remember, semi finalist.
Portugal? average players expect Ronaldo and maybe Nani, not enough to win, still were semi finalist.

The only team in the world that u could compare with the old beastly NTS, are Germany, and only Germany can beat those scummy bastards, and maybe Italy but highly doubt it.

Can u compare this Spain to the older NTS? lol, would be an inslut, they barely can beat decent Holland in the WC final.
That's why they might win 2 euros in a row, and have won a world cup. Most other NTS are utter crap nowdays.
I am afraid it'll only get worse..... less and less kids are interested to give thier life to football anymore

P.S

Forgot the most important part, Spain have won nothing untill 08' for a reason, they had a competition.

P.S 2

I really hope Argentina can climb up and beat em in the next WC, other than them, I don't see any taem that can beat them.. maybe, maybe Germany, but keep in mind that it is not the same old Germany, so I highly doubt it. "Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win"

monster09
27 Jun 12, 21:41
Seán O'Sullivan ‏@OSullivanMUFC

Dear twats having a go at Ronaldo, the Portuguese coach said he'd decided the penalties order before the tournament.

Devious
27 Jun 12, 21:44
Ramos agrees with me. Fuck Pirlo.

Someone post that Ramos gif asap.. and please write on it FUCK PIRLO.

Thanks you.

oh and btw.. IT`S MINE!! YOU HEAR?? :mad:

Coasterfreek
27 Jun 12, 21:45
Why do some people put their best striker last? I'd rather have the best person go first or second, and the 2nd/3rd best person at taking penalties go last just in case of situations like today.

FCBarca
27 Jun 12, 21:47
Better side with the better chances through, as it should be...CR set a record for the number of times he fell down equating to fouls in his favor, including one at halftime when he slipped in the dressing room...Bookmakers were laying odds he was going to fall down on his pk as well - demanding a pk to boot

ghostnik11
27 Jun 12, 21:50
CR7 should have stepped up. What was he thinking saying he wanted to take last shot or wasn't comfortable to take the shot at all. They can't call him the greatest player in Europe now after backing down from the challenge of putting his team through to the euro finals.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

FCBarca
27 Jun 12, 21:52
120 minutes of action, 0 shots on target for Portugal

IRR26
27 Jun 12, 21:55
Better side with the better chances through, as it should be

To be honest it was very even game. Both of the teams would have deserved it. Now Spain won penalties so it was Spain.

In the first half there was pretty much one team on the field and it was Portugal. Spain got few scoring chances but they never got any control. Then it got even, both team players got tired. And then in extra time Spain controlled the game better and Portugal waited counters.

Devious
27 Jun 12, 21:55
Old brazil, Italia, germany, holland, etc etc would rape those losers. They're really lucky to be playing terrible teams.
Portugal? average players expect Ronaldo and maybe Nani, not enough to win, still were semi finalist.

The only team in the world that u could compare with the old beastly NTS, are Germany, and only Germany can beat those scummy bastards, and maybe Italy but highly doubt it.

Can u compare this Spain to the older NTS? lol, would be an inslut, they barely can beat decent Holland in the WC final.
That's why they might win 2 euros in a row, and have won a world cup. Most other NTS are utter crap nowdays.
I am afraid it'll only get worse..... less and less kids are interested to give thier life to football anymore

P.S

Forgot the most important part, Spain have won nothing untill 08' for a reason, they had a competition.

P.S 2

I really hope Argentina can climb up and beat em in the next WC, other than them, I don't see any taem that can beat them.. maybe, maybe Germany, but keep in mind that it is not the same old Germany, so I highly doubt it. "Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win"

http://www.sonyinsider.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/ofy2wz.png

figer
27 Jun 12, 22:15
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWdwjEIjsSE

mikec
27 Jun 12, 22:18

P.S

P.S 2

What? You have got to be kidding me! So, let's analise the Portugal team.

Goalkeeper: Rui Patrício, he may not be in a top class team but he made a wonderful season, he will move to a better team sooner or later

Defense: João Pereira, he sucks, thats all. Bruno Alves, he is a great defender with that can jump really high, better than almost every defender in this tournament, but not better than any of the defenders of Germany, Spain, Chiellini and Terry. Pepe, for me he is the best CD in the world, without any doubt. Fabio Coentrão, he is amazing, he always gives what he has to the team, for me he is in the best 5 LD of the world.

Midfield: Miguel Veloso is good, he made a great tournament, he is great at passing. Raul Meireles, he made a shitty tournament, but fortunately played very well today, but still a good player. João Moutinho, clearly the best one in this triangle. He a an amazing player, never saw him doing a bad game, I don't even know how he is still in the portuguese championship.

Attack: Everyone knows what we are capable of. We have the two best wingers in the world, unfortunately or striker doesn't have half of the quality that Ronaldo or Nani have.

But I forgive you, your ignorance talked higher.

AxigZag.ESIOLAG.
27 Jun 12, 22:56
Ramos agrees with me. Fuck Pirlo.

Someone post that Ramos gif asap.. and please write on it FUCK PIRLO.

Thanks you.

oh and btw.. IT`S MINE!! YOU HEAR?? :mad:

DEVIOUS SAYS

http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss359/encorelui2/Devious.gif

---------- Post added at 14:56 ---------- Previous post was at 14:23 ----------

Who wants to bet that there will be a third person who might try that between now & Sunday & miss?

Native
27 Jun 12, 23:24
awful spain... cancer on football

sanka
27 Jun 12, 23:26
Fuckin sigh to see players like Busquets,Pedro celebratin.FO you twats.

Sorry i forgot the gay Fabregas too.

FCBarca
27 Jun 12, 23:45
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6aifdHVqY1qebhvn.gif

interista4
28 Jun 12, 00:03
What? You have got to be kidding me! So, let's analise the Portugal team.

Goalkeeper: Rui Patrício, he may not be in a top class team but he made a wonderful season, he will move to a better team sooner or later

Defense: João Pereira, he sucks, thats all. Bruno Alves, he is a great defender with that can jump really high, better than almost every defender in this tournament, but not better than any of the defenders of Germany, Spain, Chiellini and Terry. Pepe, for me he is the best CD in the world, without any doubt. Fabio Coentrão, he is amazing, he always gives what he has to the team, for me he is in the best 5 LD of the world.

Midfield: Miguel Veloso is good, he made a great tournament, he is great at passing. Raul Meireles, he made a shitty tournament, but fortunately played very well today, but still a good player. João Moutinho, clearly the best one in this triangle. He a an amazing player, never saw him doing a bad game, I don't even know how he is still in the portuguese championship.

Attack: Everyone knows what we are capable of. We have the two best wingers in the world, unfortunately or striker doesn't have half of the quality that Ronaldo or Nani have.

But I forgive you, your ignorance talked higher.

Umm think you got me all wrong, you got a nice team, but I was talking overall today's european football compared to the past, you could be average and still be one of the best in europe, because most other are utter shit compared to old NTS, that was my point. And.. come on, you can't have an amazing forward without any good strikers, nice wingers indeed, Nani 2nd best winger tho? not quite, but he still has it in him. Although, when it comes to scoring, you lacked that part because you can't put it all on Ronaldo, he has his bad days too.
And simply, when he has them, you couldn't score against proper teams, cause let's fact it.... Almedia is way past his good days and Nani isn't a scorer.

And for that level you need to have a little bit more than that, right?
I agree although, you had one of the best defense and maybe the best one, but that's still not enough.

mikec
28 Jun 12, 00:17
Umm think you got me all wrong, you got a nice team, but I was talking overall today's european football compared to the past, you could be average and still be one of the best in europe, because most other are utter shit compared to old NTS, that was my point. And.. come on, you can't have an amazing forward without any good strikers, nice wingers indeed, Nani 2nd best winger tho? not quite, but he still has it in him. Although, when it comes to scoring, you lacked that part because you can't put it all on Ronaldo, he has his bad days too.
And simply, when he has them, you couldn't score against proper teams, cause let's fact it.... Almedia is way past his good days and Nani isn't a scorer.

And for that level you need to have a little bit more than that, right?
I agree although, you had one of the best defense and maybe the best one, but that's still not enough.

Well, I have to agree when you said that we had a better team before. I think we have a strong attack, the fact is, we may not have a world class striker but Postiga managed to score 9 goals since Paulo Bento took comand of Portugal.

I think Nani is the 2nd best winger. But who do you think is better than him?

Ohhhh and btw, Almeida never had good days :P

Sorry if I ofended you when I said "your ignorance talked higher".

interista4
28 Jun 12, 01:45
Well, I have to agree when you said that we had a better team before. I think we have a strong attack, the fact is, we may not have a world class striker but Postiga managed to score 9 goals since Paulo Bento took comand of Portugal.

I think Nani is the 2nd best winger. But who do you think is better than him?

Ohhhh and btw, Almeida never had good days :P

Sorry if I ofended you when I said "your ignorance talked higher".

No problem mate, we all have diff opinions and I may have been a bit harsh too, so I am sorry aswell if I offended you or anyone else for that matter.. only referring to players ofc and not countries.
Back on topic: yeah you had greater squads, but as most other european NTS nowdays, not as great as you used to have.
I liked Almedia in Werder (played for one of my fav all time teams in germany), but I guess his move to a lesser team and leauge has weaken him. He was pretty fine in my eyes, not a topclass, but good striker. As for Postiga, yes, he's a decent striker aswell but not worldclass as you said, and for the highest levels of europe you need to have better stikers than this.. or else, be in trouble against strong defenses.

I don't think Nani is the 2nd best winger, but he def is one of the greatest. Who I think is better? Well, if I had to choose any for Inter, I'd pick Robben, Ribery and Di Maria before him.

Coasterfreek
28 Jun 12, 02:05
awful spain... cancer on football

If Germany somehow wins tomorrow... who are you rooting for?

monster09
28 Jun 12, 09:52
hahahaa cr7 bitch, shoulda had the nerve to take one instead of waiting to be the penalty winning hero

Epic fail this post, Ronaldo wanted to take first penalty but it was manager's decision to put him on 5th. Ronaldo, Manager, Nani all said penalty takers order was decided before the tournament.

sanka
28 Jun 12, 10:41
That's why ppl should not rush to flame him.All this hate on him makes me be by his side.

I mean most of the times ppl arguments are hillarious. :oblivious:

rockball
28 Jun 12, 10:42
Can't blame Ronaldo here. Though I always feel penalties 3 and 4 are the most crucial and should be taken by the best players. Can vito pull out some data and compare how the opposition fared in the mini penalty round of 3/4 vs the overall result? Or any stats to show which penalty round has the most impact.

sanka
28 Jun 12, 10:47
Can vito pull out some data and compare how the opposition fared in the mini penalty round of 3/4 vs the overall result? Or any stats to show which penalty round has the most impact.

I'm quite sure he won't resist the challenge.Soon enough the stats would be here :yao:

Pajo
28 Jun 12, 12:20
Mikec, you are overrating your team a lot. :) I like Portugal and all, and i think they mostly need good CF. I'd even try CR there. But Moutinho, nor Coeantrao are as good as you say. The rest, i agree, more or less.

monster09
28 Jun 12, 12:27
Mikec, you are overrating your team a lot. :) I like Portugal and all, and i think they mostly need good CF. I'd even try CR there. But Moutinho, nor Coeantrao are as good as you say. The rest, i agree, more or less.

Playing Ronaldo as forward will limit his ability, they need top class CF, there is no dout about it. Almeida was huge failure yesterday, was expecting much more from him.

Also Coentrao is just amazing, he had superb tournament and whenever I watched him he was very good both defensively and at attacking. IMO he is better than Marcelo and should be first choice LB for Madrid.

Fitzy
28 Jun 12, 12:32
The hate on Ronaldo is over the top... way over the top. Not one player stood out today from either team tbh and it was a very interesting game tactically.

Pajo
28 Jun 12, 12:35
No way Coentrao is better than Marcelo. Maybe the Marcelo pre-Jose, but he has improved 200% since than..

Howl
28 Jun 12, 13:19
theres always the risk of your team missing pens, especially when 2 defenders decide to step up..

"It was just a question of me speaking with the coach. He said to me: 'Do you want to take the fifth one?' and I said 'yes'.

Epic fail this post, Ronaldo wanted to take first penalty but it was manager's decision to put him on 5th.

Nobody is forced into taking a penalty 5th, and he said yes when asked, obviously agreeing to be the hero and take the winning one.. they probably would have lost anyway because they had already missed, but still.. he should have taken one earlier, where did you read he wanted to take first?

Its just strange that your best player doesnt take one at all where it matters most

monster09
28 Jun 12, 13:30
Nobody is forced into taking a penalty 5th, and he said yes when asked, obviously agreeing to be the hero and take the winning one.. they probably would have lost anyway because they had already missed, but still.. he should have taken one earlier, where did you read he wanted to take first?

Its just strange that your best player doesnt take one at all where it matters most

5th penalty taker will be under much more pressure than first one. Had he taken first one and Alves missed 5th, then you would have said Ronaldo opted for easy penalty and left poor Alves under pressure.

Had he said "No I want to take first penalty" to Manager, you would have said Ronaldo is cocky and his words are above Manager's.

Like Fitzy said, Hate for him is ridiculous and people will stoop to any level and dig up something to have a go at him.

In 2006 I think Ronaldo took 5th Penalty against England and scored.
In 2002-03 Shevchenko took the 5th penalty in Champions league finals.
In 2004-05 Champions league finals, Shevchenko took 5th penalty and Gerrard was in line to take all important penalty.
This year champions league, Schweinsteiger took 5th penalty in Semi finals and also in finals. Also Drogba took 5th penalty.

They were all the star players of their teams. Not the first time that your best scorer was left to take 5th penalty. If anything it is just another ridiculous attempt to have a go at Ronaldo.

mikec
28 Jun 12, 14:08

Well, your opinion. I think you haven't seen enough games from Moutinho. He plays for the team that I support, FC Porto, I have seen all of his games since he arrived, he would play in almost every team in Europe.

About Coentrão, I think you are wrong. Name 3 players better than him. I think only Marcelo and Lahm are better than him.

About the CF, I couldn't agree more.

n4l
28 Jun 12, 14:22
yeah..i'll give you that coentrao has improved SIGNIFICANTLY in the 2nd half of the season with Real. He has improved ten fold defensively; way better defensively than Evra/Cole/Kolarov/Clichy and so. Better than marcelo defensively as well, but Marcelo on offense is just too good.

CF issue is known and obvious. Really was the weak spot of an otherwise very strong team. Maybe Bento should've considered playing another midfielder like Spain. Push Miereles up to play like Cesc, seeing as he's good at runs into the box anyway.

Universe
28 Jun 12, 14:26
Missed the match. Are any Spanish players suspended for the final?

n4l
28 Jun 12, 14:28
Missed the match. Are any Spanish players suspended for the final?

Nobody will be suspended for the final unless they get a red. UEFA reset all yellows after the quarterfinals

Howl
28 Jun 12, 14:56
5th penalty taker will be under much more pressure than first one. Had he taken first one and Alves missed 5th, then you would have said Ronaldo opted for easy penalty and left poor Alves under pressure.

Had he said "No I want to take first penalty" to Manager, you would have said Ronaldo is cocky and his words are above Manager's.

Like Fitzy said, Hate for him is ridiculous and people will stoop to any level and dig up something to have a go at him.

the whole world, not just me is looking at what happened. I know he is the best in the world only behind messi (imo), im not taking anything away from that, but the fact that he didnt take one is wierd. Not just me, after the game pundits on TV couldn't stop questioning that (especially shearer on bbc)..

had he taken the first, or just taken one then nobody would have complained, thats how it is.. those players you mentioned took the 5th penalties because they stepped up when they had the oppurtunity.. when your team has just missed 1 already then you dont let someone else risk missing especially if your the captain and the teams best player.

your making out like im his biggest hater, to me you sound like a fanboy trying to find anything to back him up, i know his talent, no point in us arguing.. this is my opinion, you have yours, everyone has their own.

n4l
28 Jun 12, 15:08
the whole world, not just me is looking at what happened. I know he is the best in the world only behind messi (imo), im not taking anything away from that, but the fact that he didnt take one is wierd. Not just me, after the game pundits on TV couldn't stop questioning that (especially shearer on bbc)..

had he taken the first, or just taken one then nobody would have complained, thats how it is.. those players you mentioned took the 5th penalties because they stepped up when they had the oppurtunity.. when your team has just missed 1 already then you dont let someone else risk missing especially if your the captain and the teams best player.

your making out like im his biggest hater, to me you sound like a fanboy trying to find anything to back him up, i know his talent, no point in us arguing.. this is my opinion, you have yours, everyone has their own.

Did you just start watching football yesterday? The order is decided and cannot be changed during the PK shootout. As monster said, this criticism is downright ridiculous. It's damned if you do, damned if you don't in this situation for Ronaldo.

THE COACH DECIDES THE ORDER. If Ronaldo defies the coach, those same BBC idiots will be on his ass about how he's not a "team player" and not a good "captain". He follows the coach and you are up in arms.

seriously...:palm:

monster09
28 Jun 12, 15:11

Yes the whole world saw that Ronaldo didn't get chance to take his penalty. Not he ducked away when offered to take one. TV pundits? :lol: Pundits who said Pirlo is a liability or Balotelli has not achieved anything in his career? (Especially Shearer).

Had he taken the first one, many would have said he took the easy slot. I didn't get what you meant with your second point. "They took 5th penalty because they stepped up when they had the opportunity"? Means what? The order was decided before penalties, not depending on what the score was.

No, I'm not a fan boy, far from it. But I love him as he is a quality player.

Yeah really no point in arguing. After all Ronaldo ducked out when he should have pushed Alves and take the 4th penalty.

mikec
28 Jun 12, 16:38
There is a pre defined list that coaches have to give to the referees with the order of the players that will take the penaltys.

EDIT: nerazzurri4life alrady said it.

vasilios
28 Jun 12, 20:46
It`s still mine, you hear me!! MINE!! you know who`s Im talking to.

IT`S MIINE!! :awyeah:

better hurry up

mario.santon
29 Jun 12, 13:34
it's a shame Portugal didn't win this game, they should have got two penalties...