PDA

View Full Version : Andrea Pirlo

Jacquez
28 Jun 12, 20:49

How I wish this thread wasn't to be posted in former players and coaches.. fantastic player.

skyline1908
28 Jun 12, 20:54
Biggest mistake by our management - ever.

DIN011
28 Jun 12, 20:55
:depress:

interista4
28 Jun 12, 20:55
What I am afraid of is that they didn't learn from this mistake^

Wallace
28 Jun 12, 21:07
We already made that mistake.

When Balotelli becomes an even better striker and scores in the next or so world cup, us Inter fans can only look at his goals and trophies and say: "We were still right selling him".

Yeah, whatever.

Pharaoh
28 Jun 12, 21:12
Every club has their bad sells, but man these are hard to swallow some times =/

If you wanna think about it Real have this sort of nostalgia for a shitload of players they keep selling that turn out to be stars somewhere else. It happens...

DIN011
28 Jun 12, 21:15
Every club has their bad sells, but man these are hard to swallow some times =/

If you wanna think about it Real have this sort of nostalgia for a shitload of players they keep selling that turn out to be stars somewhere else. It happens...
Yeah, but Real have an almost infinite amount of money, so they can always find someone equally good to replace their bad sells. We don't have that luxury.

Pharaoh
28 Jun 12, 21:16
Yeah I agree I'm not defending the sales I'm just saying shit happens lol

DIN011
28 Jun 12, 21:18
Yeah I agree I'm not defending the sales I'm just saying shit happens lol
BUT SHIT HAPPENS TOO OFTEN WITH US! :depress: :depress:

Dylan
28 Jun 12, 21:19
BUT SHIT HAPPENS TOO OFTEN WITH US! :depress: :depress:

I'd gladly take Pirlo leaving every now and then if we still rake in the trophies we have over the last 5 years.

Bergpavian
28 Jun 12, 21:26
Player of the Euro so far. But if Balotelli scores twice in the final ... XD

Pharaoh
28 Jun 12, 21:30
I'd gladly take Pirlo leaving every now and then if we still rake in the trophies we have over the last 5 years.

Thats a valid point.........but playing devil's advocate, how much more could we have won with a Pirlo in the squad?

Besnik
29 Jun 12, 13:03
He has been absolutely fantastic in this tournament, and he has also been one of the key players for Juve in their last season. Just goes to show dude has class.

AxigZag.ESIOLAG.
29 Jun 12, 23:00
... and English people dare wonder why every one else seems to dislike them! The arrogance of Phil Brown!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu7LquvfeQA&feature=player_embedded

Like WTF MAN?!??!

http://ithuglife.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/622.gif

Toninu
01 Jul 12, 09:14
Juve did dump Henry, Milan dumped Vieira, shit happens. And regarding the case of Balotelli we sold a 19 year old for 29 million euros, we got his worth and plus at the time his agent and Mario wanted to leave so there wasn't much we could do.

Pirlo is the best midfielder I've ever seen, he's amazing, he is truly the essence of football. I'm a big fan, his passing and vision just give me erections.

.h.
01 Jul 12, 09:19
... and English people dare wonder why every one else seems to dislike them! The arrogance of Phil Brown!!!!!!

Like WTF MAN?!??!

facepalm

you realize what he wanted to say was homesick, right? it was a slip of the tongue

:palm::palm::palm::palm::palm::palm::palm:

Suneet
01 Jul 12, 11:38
If Pirlo never left Inter, he would never be the player he is.

He was more of a trequarterista when he was here and never played. Even though we were dissapointed that we let him go, but it wasnt an end of the world deal as he was no where near world class then.

monster09
02 Jul 12, 06:01

Like WTF MAN?!??!

Yeah great way to judge whole lot of them because of one idiot who was blasted by their own media and people. :rollani: In Media, social networking sites, forums eveywhere they were against it.

While we are at it, lets judge Irish based on Eamon Dunphy's comments.

.h.
02 Jul 12, 07:23
Yeah great way to judge whole lot of them because of one idiot who was blasted by their own media and people. :rollani: In Media, social networking sites, forums eveywhere they were against it.

While we are at it, lets judge Irish based on Eamon Dunphy's comments.

well it was a slip of the tongue, in fairness to the man

also if i judged the irish on the basis of eamon dunphy, i'd love them. he's brilliant.

monster09
02 Jul 12, 07:34
well it was a slip of the tongue, in fairness to the man

also if i judged the irish on the basis of eamon dunphy, i'd love them. he's brilliant.

lol, he is not brilliant, he is horrible pundit.

Btw here is one good example from Irish boards.

Eamo was great last night talking about how united the Spanish team are the Catalans,Basques and Spanish all on the one team and that's why they didn't sing the national anthem out of respect for each together.

Wrong, there are no words to the Spanish national anthem you muppet

A.l.i
02 Jul 12, 08:21
And we gave him up for Guly + Coco? :palm:

Few years later we also did the Fabian Carini-Cannavaro swap. :lol:

Interish management.

.h.
02 Jul 12, 11:44
lol, he is not brilliant, he is horrible pundit.

Btw here is one good example from Irish boards.

well, i like him :)

dynasty27
02 Jul 12, 11:45
Well fortunately now we have Andrea Poli...

in former player's section :|

vasilios
02 Jul 12, 13:39
If Pirlo never left Inter, he would never be the player he is.

He was more of a trequarterista when he was here and never played. Even though we were dissapointed that we let him go, but it wasnt an end of the world deal as he was no where near world class then.

True. Lucescu & Tardelli share much of the blame for misusing behind the strikers, which is a bit odd because I thought he played in a deeper role at Brescia though I could be remembering wrong.

Alex de Large
05 Jul 12, 21:33
The Cannavaro-Carini swap was all Moggi's dirty trick.

A.l.i
06 Jul 12, 12:32
The Cannavaro-Carini swap was all Moggi's dirty trick.

What trick? Final Okay must have been from Moratti.

Bzzlightyear
06 Jul 12, 12:34
Didnt you know Moggi did presure the players, if you dont leave x club then you wont play for Azzuri, that much power he did have

---------- Post added at 14:34 ---------- Previous post was at 14:33 ----------

Didnt you know Moggi did presure the players, if you dont leave x club then you wont play for Azzuri, that much power he did have

That why you saw so many Italian players at Rubentus instead foreign player.

wera
16 Mar 14, 21:58
I went and searched Pirlo in Advanced Search, but it found nothing. Strange, really.

This guy isn't an Inter legend, but I won't lie, I like him and in his best years he was clearly one of the best CMs the world ever produced. Him being a ex-Milan/Juve player doesn't change the fact that he was/is really good.

https://vine.co/v/MhmTxlLtrvY

the goal he scored today against Genoa

Armes
16 Mar 14, 21:59
World class.

pencilpal
16 Mar 14, 22:52
I went and searched Pirlo in Advanced Search, but it found nothing. Strange, really.

This guy isn't an Inter legend, but I won't lie, I like him and in his best years he was clearly one of the best CMs the world ever produced. Him being a ex-Milan/Juve player doesn't change the fact that he was/is really good.

https://vine.co/v/MhmTxlLtrvY

the goal he scored today against Genoa

There's already an Andrea Pirlo thread in this section. No need to create another one.

http://forzainterforums.com/showthread.php?10738-Andrea-Pirlo

:palm:

Dylan
16 Mar 14, 22:54
I already merged the threads ;)

Hugo Boss
18 Mar 14, 04:46
One Interista that treated badly...

Hopefully Thohir won't do anything like this...
Forza New Management...!

wera
18 Mar 14, 08:06
hahah he even went to :palm: me

like I said, I searched, but didn't find anything

IRR26
15 Apr 14, 10:11
Pirlo: Hodson always called me Pirla. :trollol:

Also

"During 1999, we changed the coach four times. I'd wake up in the morning and did not remember who was my coach."

I4E
15 Apr 14, 10:28
Pirlo: Hodson always called me Pirla. :trollol:

Also

"During 1999, we changed the coach four times. I'd wake up in the morning and did not remember who was my coach."

He also said that Cassano claims to have slept with 700 women :lol:

I ordered the book today, look forward to reading it.

wera
16 Jun 14, 01:56
http://giant.gfycat.com/SilverDistantIrishwaterspaniel.gif

Godly player.

Wallace
16 Jun 14, 02:03
Pirlo for LGI!!!

wera
16 Jun 14, 02:17
http://gfycat.com/CompetentDefensiveGosling

another point of view

Puma
16 Jun 14, 05:09
We missed out on a truly great player. Marco Tardelli was useless and it is a great shame Inter that as a club was a complete mess when Pirlo was on our books.

Having said that, there is no knowing how Inter would have assisted him to grow and develop as a footballer and whether he would be the footballer he is today if he had remained with the Nerazzurri.

Devious
16 Jun 14, 11:41
Having said that, there is no knowing how Inter would have assisted him to grow and develop as a footballer and whether he would be the footballer he is today if he had remained with the Nerazzurri.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/67/Roberto_Carlos_in_Moscow_3.jpg

b4h4mooth
16 Jun 14, 12:31
All Inter fans regarding Pirlo : :yao:

bandiera
08 May 15, 13:19
I was watching a few games with Pirlo at Inter in '98/'99, and boy would this forum have ripped the kid apart had he played today. he showed promise and a lot of quick thinking/intelligent play esp when you consider his age, but he made a lot of mistakes. lost the ball constantly.

Pimpin
08 May 15, 13:31
I was watching a few games with Pirlo at Inter in '98/'99, and boy would this forum have ripped the kid apart had he played today. he showed promise and a lot of quick thinking/intelligent play esp when you consider his age, but he made a lot of mistakes. lost the ball constantly.

he didn't deserve to start, farinos or whoever else the fuck, is more in form and deserves to start ahead of him.

sounds familiar? deja vu madafaka

Batman
08 May 15, 13:56

I could already imagine people calling him PirLOL.

bandiera
08 May 15, 13:58
"but guarin has better stats.."

monster09
08 May 15, 14:02
Random shots fired in random direction, both Guarin and few posters on this page.

bandiera
08 May 15, 14:06
not exactly random as it's more or less the same topic: developing young players at Inter. all the judgemental posters sitting on their perch today would have ripped pirlo to shreds and rationalized his sale to milan.

Pimpin
08 May 15, 14:08
I could already imagine people calling him PirLOL.

sub out PirLOL for FariBoss

agreed, we need to clinch dat 7th place

bandiera
08 May 15, 14:12
sub out PirLOL for FariBoss

more like boot him out of the squad, loan him to reggina, and sign 30 year old has-been jugovic instead.

edit; then bring him back after he does well, and chain him to the bench with farinos taking a strenuous dump on the field in his place.

"pirlo plays for midtable reggina. farinos played with valencia that was in the champions league final. theres no question if we want to challenge for scudetto"

"milan wants him? LOL"

Pimpin
08 May 15, 14:20
more like boot him out of the squad, loan him to reggina, and sign 30 year old has-been jugovic instead.

he's 20 already, and he is not showing signs of world classness. We need immediate contributors like jugovic who can get us that 5th place.

Y&h
08 May 15, 14:25
He's shit, let's se.. oh wait. :yao:

bandiera
08 May 15, 14:28
seriously though, id rather a young player like pirlo that showed intermittent signs of pure gold between inconsistency and some mediocre games, versus an average talent that can only make simple, safe actions and does nothing spectacular. if we want the best young players, we need to take that risk. we are inter, we should only be looking at rough diamonds. Not the gnoukouri's,poli's, but the kovacic's,shaqiri's. they should be the priority.

monster09
08 May 15, 14:30
he's 20 already, and he is not showing signs of world classness. We need immediate contributors like jugovic who can get us that 5th place.

Or there are some who would have said "he has done well for Brescia (small club) where the pressure is not on him, lets see whether he can do at big club" before buying him. ;)

bandiera
08 May 15, 14:33
to be fair the difference in pressure is huge and players react to it differently. for one, the hype of being "il nuovo maldini" probably helped ruin santon's career and is doing the same to de sciglio today. mati silvestre is a great example of a big club choker. dude was solid at palermo and has been solid at samp, while he was a clown at inter. no doubt the pressure of playing at utd also held de gea back in his first year at the club.

edit; though yeah, most players adapt after getting used to the crazy media. its 100% a big generalization to make.

monster09
08 May 15, 14:41
to be fair the difference in pressure is huge and players react to it differently. for one, the hype of being "il nuovo maldini" probably helped ruin santon's career and is doing the same to de sciglio today. mati silvestre is a great example of a big club choker. dude was solid at palermo and has been solid at samp, while he was a clown at inter. no doubt the pressure of playing at utd also held de gea back in his first year at the club.

It was just a tongue in cheek comment. It was about how pimp post about Dybala.

bandiera
08 May 15, 14:43
Damn, I disrupted the flow of this thread, didn't I?

I'll fix this: Farinos is a top 5 Serie A midfielder everyone.

Batman
08 May 15, 15:36
seriously though, id rather a young player like pirlo that showed intermittent signs of pure gold between inconsistency and some mediocre games, versus an average talent that can only make simple, safe actions and does nothing spectacular. if we want the best young players, we need to take that risk. we are inter, we should only be looking at rough diamonds. Not the gnoukouri's,poli's, but the kovacic's,shaqiri's. they should be the priority.
It's happening now, it's like God gave us Kovacic to make sure whether we have learnt from Pirlo's mistake or not.

PHM1605
08 May 15, 22:01
he showed promise and a lot of quick thinking/intelligent play esp when you consider his age, but he made a lot of mistakes. lost the ball constantly.

These sentences remind me exactly one guy at Inter :pokerface: Wasn't Pirlo pushed higher up as AMC in early stage of his career, before he becomes the best regista?

Pharaoh
08 May 15, 22:52

The fact that you still have to refer to this is hilarious.

You're so butthurt about it lmfao

- - - Updated - - -

My goodness, I just took the time to read this last page. How much attention do you need kid? Let it go, you hashed out your point of view and I put mine out as well. But yet you still are bringing it up to the point where it's really getting annoying.

Also, lets not take things said by other posters out of context because it makes you look........well to be blunt, stupid.

Nobody wants Kovacic to get sold, lets cut the stupid shit right now. The whole point of not giving Kovacic a starting spot is because he still needs to develop and mature into it. But you're too hellbent on arguing and proving your point, that you refuse to see the opposite side. You're on your knees so hard for Kova that I'm surprised you still have time to post in between guzzling sessions.

agreed, we need to clinch dat 7th place

Also are you really suggesting to quit trying to get a Europa spot? If so, you're moronic. This late into the season, until we mathematically can't get European football, we should be putting out the best squad that helps us reach that goal.

bandiera
09 May 15, 01:14
The fact that you still have to refer to this is hilarious.

You're so butthurt about it lmfao

- - - Updated - - -

My goodness, I just took the time to read this last page. How much attention do you need kid? Let it go, you hashed out your point of view and I put mine out as well. But yet you still are bringing it up to the point where it's really getting annoying.

Also, lets not take things said by other posters out of context because it makes you look........well to be blunt, stupid.

Nobody wants Kovacic to get sold, lets cut the stupid shit right now. The whole point of not giving Kovacic a starting spot is because he still needs to develop and mature into it. But you're too hellbent on arguing and proving your point, that you refuse to see the opposite side. You're on your knees so hard for Kova that I'm surprised you still have time to post in between guzzling sessions.

Oh I see, Farinos should start over Pirlo because Pirlo still needs to develop and mature into it. Of course, Farinos is developed and his end product speaks for itself. Top 5 Serie A midfielder, no doubt. When Pirlo was playing in Reggina last season, Farinos started in a Champions League final.

But if someone offers 20 million euros for Pirlo, we should let him go because he's too raw for our current ambitions of UEFA cup glory. Do you agree?

Pharaoh
09 May 15, 01:49
Oh I see, Farinos should start over Pirlo because Pirlo still needs to develop and mature into it. Of course, Farinos is developed and his end product speaks for itself. Top 5 Serie A midfielder, no doubt. When Pirlo was playing in Reggina last season, Farinos started in a Champions League final.

But if someone offers 20 million euros for Pirlo, we should let him go because he's too raw for our current ambitions of UEFA cup glory. Do you agree?

LMFAO what is reading comprehension at bro :lol: I can't believe that's the conclusion you drew from my statement :yao:. "Kovacic shouldn't start because he needs to develop and earn it" apparently in your eyes means lets sell him? #flawlesslogic

Look at the development of all youngsters at relatively big clubs. With the exceptions of the bionic like Messi, they are given their starting spot after proving themselves, which in my eyes and OBVIOUSLY in Mancini's hasn't been reached yet. But yes, that means lets sell him, clearly.

bandiera
09 May 15, 01:51
Pirlo hasn't proven himself over Farinos, you're right. Dude should not start over him.

By the way, I didn't say you said "sell him". I was asking you a question (and you talk to me about reading comprehension). If you read what I wrote instead of mindlessly banging your head on the keyboard and clicking reply, you would see I asked you whether you would sell Pirlo for 20 million euros. Milan are interested, LOL right? Dude hasn't even proven himself at Inter.

Pharaoh
09 May 15, 01:58
You're insinuating that the same approach should be applied to Kovacic ergo selling him like we did Pirlo. It's not a grand mystery I came to that conclusion moron, you're implying it.

On the other hand I never implied to sell kova yet you're still determined to somehow tie me to that......sigh

bandiera
09 May 15, 02:02
That's not my intention. I'm just comparing the critics of Pirlo with the critics of Kovacic. You're right, it does tie you to it even though you didn't say that.

Though in fairness i do recall you saying a while back that you would sell kovacic for 30 million in a second..

Pharaoh
09 May 15, 02:07
So my critic that clearly is saying give kovacic more time is somehow deservingly being tied to Pirlo's case where inter wasn't patient and sold him? You MUST see the logical fallacy here dude!

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that's right I did say that earlier in the season.......... I'm still debating whether or not I still hold that statement. 30 mil would be a decent amount of money that inter could use especially considering FFP. But for the numbers kova is being rumored with right now hell no. And I stated that earlier when I made the 30 mil statement

bandiera
09 May 15, 02:08
No, you're taking things out of context. Pirlo was loaned out to Reggina because he wasn't deemed good enough and we brought in Jugovic instead. Then when he returned from loan, he got no game time with 4 appearances from Sept to December before loaning him out to Brescia and selling him for a hefty fee to AC Milan. Farinos played in his place. There are strong similarities.

20 million euros was a lot for a midfielder back then too.

Pharaoh
09 May 15, 02:10
I know the story, the point is that patience is still what I'd prefer for kova........

However considering the FFP sanctions 30-40 mil would go a long way. But that's irrelevant because nobody is going to offer that for kova

So right now there is no reason to mention selling him because the figures are fucking retarded

Edit: yeah 20 mil was a shit ton, and we reinvested the money poorly. But look at the flip side. Would you sell kovacic for verratti? I would

bandiera
09 May 15, 02:12
so if FFP was in place back in 2001, would it have made sense to sell Pirlo? With hindsight, absolutely not.

Kovacic's talent can be worth a lot more than 35 mill.

Fapuccino
09 May 15, 02:12
However considering the FFP sanctions 30-40 mil would go a long way.

That's like 7 Schelottos and 3 Jonathans.

Pharaoh
09 May 15, 02:17
so if FFP was in place back in 2001, would it have made sense to sell Pirlo? With hindsight, absolutely not.

Again as of right now this conversation is pointless because there hasn't been a single rumor around 35 mil for kovacic.

Harpsabu
09 May 15, 11:43

Hindsight the key word here. Everythings easy with hindsight. Offcourse, with hindsight, we wouldnt have sold pirlo. Maybe the same will be said with Kova. And im sure when United and other clubs came for Adriano, we all said no don't sell. With hindsight, wrong move.

My point is, theres very little point with saying in hindsight in a football argument.

Toninu
09 May 15, 11:46
We're not going to get 30-40 million for Kova.

Icardi<3
18 May 15, 20:30
Calcio Mercato's reporting that he will leave Juve this summer to play in Qatar.

Andysam
19 May 15, 06:33
I don't know about Pirlo because I don't remember seeing him play with us (I must have, but I have no memory), but my dad says that he really wouldn't have thought about keeping him back then, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯... it happens.

wera
07 Jul 15, 15:48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv8i_qz21JU

We won't see such talent from Italy anytime soon (+ Totti who will also stop playing soon)

J..
07 Jul 15, 16:22
I don't know why but I still remember his free kick goal in this match between Milan and Deportivo for 10 years ago. He was so underrated back then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2bmh8a9Z_s?t=2m5s

It can be seen at 2.07. Ancelottis reaction says everything.

He is one of my favorite players of this generation even though he played for both Milan and Juventus. Grazie and good luck in the American league.

Bluenine
24 Jul 15, 17:39
20 million euros was a lot for a midfielder back then too.

Technically what you say is true that we sold Pirlo for 20m which looks like a "great deal", but in reality that is a load of crap. This was the time when Inter and Milan were exchanging players at inflated fees to make their books look good. Which is why some of those fees did not make any sense. The actual Pirlo transaction was a swap. Pirlo + Brocchi for Guly + Brncic + some undisclosed money (rumoured to be €3m). But the individual transaction was (as you say) we sold Pirlo for 20m, Brocchi for 13m, and bought Guly for 17m, etc. These transactions were later investigated for "inflating fees to create false profit".

How does one make profit by inflating fees? Its very simple, lets take an example with illustrative numbers. Pirlo had a minimal book value at Inter in 2001. Lets say his market value was about 5m. Now Milan had a similar case with the declining Guly. So Inter "sell" Pirlo to Milan for an inflated 20m, and "buy" Guly for an inflated 20m. Inter make a profit of 20m for selling Pirlo, while we amortise the transfer fee paid for Guly over 4 years. So we end up making a €15m profit in 2001-02. (this is further explained here:http://forzainterforums.com/showthread.php?13081-How-Transfers-Impact-FFP-A-Cheatsheet)

So if anyone tells you we got good value for Pirlo, that is bull shit. We DID NOT get €20m. Best case scenario, we got Guly+3m! And we did that not really because we rated Guly, but probably because we thought Pirlo will never live up to his talent so lets use him to cook up our books. That is the sad truth. If we had sold Pirlo for €20m at that time with no swap involved, it would have been an awesome deal for a player who was failing at Inter.

Devious
24 Jul 15, 18:20
Stop posting the same thing all over the place, post whore :pazzini:

Dylan
24 Jul 15, 18:34
I have no idea so fill me in but does the 'benefit' of having a 20 million gain by selling Pirlo not follow over by looking shit by paying 20 for Guly?

Bluenine
24 Jul 15, 20:05
I have no idea so fill me in but does the 'benefit' of having a 20 million gain by selling Pirlo not follow over by looking shit by paying 20 for Guly?

Its about accounting, not looking good/shit. Since Pirlo had minimal book value, his sale was all profit realised in that year. Buying Guly for 20m becomes an "asset" in the books, so that cost can be amortised over 4 years of contract.

Interestingly it was since that Pirlo transaction that FIGC started scrutinising all swap deals. That is how scandalous those deals were.

Wallace
24 Jul 15, 20:10
We need to be relegated, how can we get no punishment for these criminal activities.

delaurentis
25 Jul 15, 08:55
I don't know why but I still remember his free kick goal in this match between Milan and Deportivo for 10 years ago. He was so underrated back then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2bmh8a9Z_s?t=2m5s

It can be seen at 2.07. Ancelottis reaction says everything.

He is one of my favorite players of this generation even though he played for both Milan and Juventus. Grazie and good luck in the American league.

I remember the return leg even better ;)

I remember Pirlo aswell , being brought on as a subsitute against Man United in '99 (quarter final CL)
Pirlo was used as a striker , Inter fucked up hard on this one because through all those years we missed someone like Pirlo.

I never had anything against him. Quality midfielder that doesn't deserve the recognition as the likes of sideway passing Xavi

Wallace
25 Jul 15, 10:40
Xavi cannot be classified as a sideway passer...

Kuzmanovic passes sideways...

delaurentis
26 Jul 15, 08:03
You are right , Xavi is not a sideway passer but backways passer

BasedGodPunk
24 Sep 15, 00:39
Some guys over at the Milan forums are saying Gattuso is better than Pirlo. I am dying.

Pajo
24 Sep 15, 06:27
Totally different players, not comparable at all.

Pimpin
24 Sep 15, 16:34
saw him live last week vs toronto

thatdude
24 Sep 15, 18:39
How did he look?

Pimpin
25 Sep 15, 02:01
How did he look?

yummy

IRR26
03 Nov 15, 12:34
SM boom: "Mancini corteggia Pirlo: a gennaio torna in Italia?"

Armes
03 Nov 15, 13:32
so mancini wants to loan him in january until the new mls season starts?

Devious
03 Nov 15, 13:39
:notbad:

Ronin
03 Nov 15, 13:48
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/nsr.gif

BasedGodPunk
03 Nov 15, 15:11
Why tf not.

Handoyo
03 Nov 15, 15:52
Not

Sure

tbh

:work:

:pokerface:

Devious
03 Nov 15, 15:57
Not

Sure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM1P7GMnd38

JJM
03 Nov 15, 15:59
On today's show of " things that won't happen" we have Pirlo linked with a possible Inter move...Better yet Mancini wants a DLP,a MF who doesn't run like a madman...very likely story...thanks Mediashit!

:work:

ADRossi
03 Nov 15, 16:18
:lol: Mancini wouldn't even know what to do if he had Pirlo in our midfield.

Tactically this actually makes a tiny bit of sense...tiny bit. We could start him against weaker teams, and sub him off after 50-60 minutes for Medel or Melo to finish off the game assuming he actually helps break down teams.

Regardless, pass.

thatdude
03 Nov 15, 16:36
It kind of seems like it would work in theory. We have a team with solid defense and runners and we are missing that creative spark. Not to mention the storyline if he could come back and have an awesome six months and dare I say it, lead us to a Scudetto. That would be the type of shit they write movies about. It would really bring his career full circle.

.h.
03 Nov 15, 17:21
:yao:
given his decline in form (?) i'd be really hesitant. as a rotation player i think its fine, but it is a gamble and he might suck baws.

Pimpin
03 Nov 15, 18:55
I saw him live tbh, he wasnt even running at all, but still furioclasse

JJM
03 Nov 15, 22:46
So now all three Italian sports papers are reporting that Mancini wants Pirlo...

Universe
03 Nov 15, 23:09
:lol:

Pirlo wearing our black and blue again? Why the hell not. I think he's well past it, and Mancini would probably use him as RWB in a 352, but I wouldn't be against it. Though it almost certainly means the bench for Kondogbia.

thatdude
03 Nov 15, 23:25
Ready made excuse for Mancini to play 3-5-2 with Perisic as RWB.

Dylan
03 Nov 15, 23:31
Operation Protect Pirlo would make good use of the amount of running ability in our team. I wonder could we build the entire team around sprinting and defending while hoping Pirlo and Jovetic pull something out of their collective asses?

TheNetworkZ
03 Nov 15, 23:44
pull something out of their collective asses?

This sounds nice

Glass box
04 Nov 15, 00:15
Bring him back.
And Seedorf too. :notbad:

b4h4mooth
04 Nov 15, 05:49
Pirlo passing like boss in inter shirt, its a dream for inter fans ,pirlo is going to win 5 straight scudetto this year :D

Wallace
04 Nov 15, 08:50
If Pirlo comes, he will be used as the trequartista.

No way Mancini will use him as a regista.

Ronaldo
04 Nov 15, 09:03
Could be that he wants to use him in a 4-2-3-1 as an AM and move Jovetic to the wing?

Or maybe 3-5-2 with Pirlo being a playmaker, Jovetic and Icardi upfron and Perisic being a WB.

I'm almost certain that Mancini won't drop Kondogbia.

cloudq
04 Nov 15, 09:06
3-5-2

pirlo as the libero ala DDR under prandelli

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ4Kdl08nP8

D-Sky
04 Nov 15, 09:37
3-5-2

pirlo as the libero ala DDR under prandelli

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ4Kdl08nP8

I think it safe to say that Pirlo dont have the tackling ability like DDR
He is too inferior in defending than DDR.

thatdude
04 Nov 15, 12:45
If there's any doubt over where Pirlo should be playing we shouldn't be looking at him at all.

Batman
04 Nov 15, 12:49
Are we really that deseprate? I'm against it of course. Waste of space, would be eating Kondogbia's minutes. I would rather get Sneijder than Pirlo tbh, he is too old and doesnt do defending. Also it's strange because usually Mancini doesnt like Pirlo type of players.

thatdude
04 Nov 15, 13:08
Pirlo speaks on the rumor..

go on holiday,” the 37-year-old told reporters after the loss to New England Revolution.

“I will train for a few weeks before the pre-season training camp, but I don’t think I’ll go on loan like Beckham did with Milan.

“It wouldn’t be fair to the club.”

KevinB
04 Nov 15, 13:15
Are we really that deseprate? I'm against it of course. Waste of space, would be eating Kondogbia's minutes. I would rather get Sneijder than Pirlo tbh, he is too old and doesnt do defending. Also it's strange because usually Mancini doesnt like Pirlo type of players.

Kondogbia's minutes on the bench? :yao:

And Sneijder does defend? :yao:

I4E
04 Nov 15, 13:23

I too am against bringing in Pirlo. If the issue is around having a creative and/or playmaker type, then a) just play Ljajic behind the strikers or b) fuckin buy one that will add more than just 6 months worth !

The other thing that's disappointing about all this is the fact that a true creative playmaker wasn't brought in during the summer mercato.

This move makes us look like a two-bit club, scraping by with yesterday's heroes.

Jane The Virgin
04 Nov 15, 13:32
yeah, i thought that its a good idea to get him, but I4E is right.

Ronaldo
04 Nov 15, 13:44
I say let's get him for 6 minths to help us get that damn CL spot and then in summer we look for a proper replacement.

JJM
04 Nov 15, 13:56
http://net-storage.tccstatic.com/storage/fcinter1908.it/img_notizie/thumb1/c9b57b93b60e79e174d5c0477dc38bfc-34619-d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e.jpg
Mediaset having some fun...predicting an Inter line-up with Pirlo

Bluenine
04 Nov 15, 14:36
Pirlo is/was a great player, but I hope we don't get him. His time is done, he wouldn't make a difference for us like he did from Juve/Milan.

I much rather we get a quality right winger or goal scoring AM this January.

Y&h
04 Nov 15, 14:56
http://cdn.calciomercato.com/images/2014-09/kovacic.crisetig.inter.cagliari.2014.2015.538x358. jpg

:lala:

#LetItGo

Sokrates
04 Nov 15, 18:13
Pirlo can still give us something we really need. Why not?

Pimpin
04 Nov 15, 18:21
its funny how we could get the dream midfield line up and still we cant bench guarin

JJM
04 Nov 15, 19:48
its funny how we could get the dream midfield line up and still we cant bench guarin

at this time we should hire a hitman to take out Guarin...

Quetzalcoatl
04 Nov 15, 21:05
Pirlo is/was a great player, but I hope we don't get him. His time is done, he wouldn't make a difference for us like he did from Juve/Milan.

I much rather we get a quality right winger or goal scoring AM this January.

If he doesn't cost much, I think it might be a good idea. That's what Milan said about him when they released him on a free, and then look at how that turned out. Yes he's 37 and it's a different story from when JuBe signed him up, but just as Chelsea are potentially looking to sign Drogba for inspiration and leadership, Pirlo could add something to Inter, should he be available.

A.l.i
05 Nov 15, 15:44
Wtf would say no to him? Available then get him ASAP.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Devious
05 Nov 15, 15:49
When we get him, we wont play with 3 in midfield, we'll have to sacrifice one upfront and play with 4 in midfield.

Pirlo would be useful setting up the counters with two speed demons upfront.

Toninu
05 Nov 15, 21:21
Meh, I'm in love with the player would love to see him in our colours, he's an Inter fan and should end a stellar career back home.

bandiera
05 Nov 15, 21:31
it would be great and really nostalgic but i dont think there is a chance of this happening. pirlo turned us down when he went to juve in 2011 "out of respect for milan fans", dont see how anything has changed right now. hes a juve and a milan legend and he knows that. hes achieved everything there is to achieve in european and italian football. why would he completely destroy his relations with juve and milan, and face off his old buddies to "try to win the title with inter"?

KevinB
05 Nov 15, 21:45
it would be great and really nostalgic but i dont think there is a chance of this happening. pirlo turned us down when he went to juve in 2011 "out of respect for milan fans", dont see how anything has changed right now. hes a juve and a milan legend and he knows that. hes achieved everything there is to achieve in european and italian football. why would he completely destroy his relations with juve and milan, and face off his old buddies to "try to win the title with inter"?

Mancini's fabulous hair will do the trick

Armes
06 Nov 15, 00:34
he won't be destrying shit. pirlo is not balotelli.
ronaldo was in barcelona, inter, real, milan. does anyone remember him as destroying relations?

Stefan
06 Nov 15, 10:31
Do not want the gobbintino and bbilanista anywhere close to this club. The merc can stay in the US, he is well past it...

b4h4mooth
06 Nov 15, 14:35
http://youtu.be/MWXySUb02gs

CoolMan44
06 Nov 15, 15:41
I don't see how him moving to Inter would destroy his relations with Juve and Milan... Didn't he talk a lot of crap about Milan in his book anyway, so if that didn't destroy the relationship, I don't think this would.

Anyway, wasn't Baggio in Inter, Milan, and Juve? I doubt any of these teams hate him.

Crespo also played for both Milan and Inter, seems like he's liked by both clubs.

Kazaan
06 Nov 15, 16:12
Would Mancini have kept him when he arrived in 2004 had Pirlo been there? I remember Inter desperately needing but failing to ever use/find a creative CM back then. I am not sure. Even with all our resources and advantages we had a laughable midfield iirc. It wasn't until Mourinho came in and we signed Motta and Wes that we finally used players of that profile and placed more significance on the midfield.

If it's the road not taken type of thing I would rather just skip it and stick to one plan for the midfield.

Wallace
06 Nov 15, 17:28
What, Pirlo was long gone by 2004.

Coco already injured twice by that time.

Ronaldo
06 Nov 15, 19:26
Do not want the gobbintino and bbilanista anywhere close to this club. The merc can stay in the US, he is well past it...

This a a very unfair comment!

Pirlo wanted to stay but we insisted on his sell. How could you call him a mercenary?!

thorn
06 Nov 15, 19:50
Don't get these mercenary comments. Think about how we treated players like Sneijder, Pirlo and Shaqiri.

Kazaan
06 Nov 15, 20:05
How I see this loyalty bs:

Person 1: I am breaking up with you.
Person 2: I don't want to break up.
Person 1: I have other plans and someone else in mind.
Person 2: I don't. There is a chance for us.
Person 1: No.
Person 2: Ok, I'll go then.
Random fan: You treacherous filthy whore!

Stefan
09 Nov 15, 10:39
This a a very unfair comment!

Pirlo wanted to stay but we insisted on his sell. How could you call him a mercenary?!

Played for all three of inter,milan and gobbi is being a merc in my book....I can come up with worse names for him but will stick with merc....

adiK
09 Nov 15, 10:57
Oh come on... We got rid of him, Ancelotti wanted him and the rest is history. I mean who wouldn't do that for the sake of their career. Also, Juve got him for free when Milan wanted to get rid of him.

Not everything is black and white (except rube), I don't think that he is mercenary. If we had better management in the 2000's, he could have maybe been our legend. But if grandma had balls, she would be grandpa...

bandiera
09 Nov 15, 11:15
he played for us 4 times in his last season as a 21 y/o and was booted out of this club. ridiculously unreasonable to expect him to reject a move from one of the biggest clubs in the world after being cast aside from inter. he's a pro footballer for christ sake, this is his job. its funny how the idea of "loyalty" only exists for fans of big clubs. pirlo never disrespected the club or his teammates, thats the critical line that differentiates him from ronaldo or ibrahimovic. he would have stayed here for life if he was given the opportunity, he wouldve stayed at milan for life if he was given the opportunity.

roberto baggio and giuseppe meazza also played for juve, milan, and inter, are they mercenaries too? did we name our stadium after a disrespectful piece of shit? :oblivious:

you have insanely contradictory standards for incoming and outgoing players. im 600% sure pirlo wouldnt have been a mercenary in your eyes if he had started out at juve, milan, and won two CL titles at inter later on. same goes for your criteria where kova isnt a "real man like zanetti". with your definition, milito, palacio, handanovic, ivan perisic, murillo, and kondogbia aren't "real men" either because they left their previous clubs and moved up.

Universe
09 Nov 15, 11:52
Wouldn't say Pirlo is loyal to any team besides the national team tbh. You claim he would have stated at Milan for life given the opportunity but in his own autobiography he said that after the 2006 World Cup he was going to Madrid but stayed at Milan only because his agent (who he describes as a brother to him) convinced him to stay and accept their ultra lucrative offer. He also states that he 'would have crawled to Barcelona' in 2010 to play for Guardiola who he greatly admires. He strikes me as a pretty down to earth guy. The kind who wants to take opportunities if presented to him.

Stefan
09 Nov 15, 14:13
he played for us 4 times in his last season as a 21 y/o and was booted out of this club. ridiculously unreasonable to expect him to reject a move from one of the biggest clubs in the world after being cast aside from inter. he's a pro footballer for christ sake, this is his job. its funny how the idea of "loyalty" only exists for fans of big clubs. pirlo never disrespected the club or his teammates, thats the critical line that differentiates him from ronaldo or ibrahimovic. he would have stayed here for life if he was given the opportunity, he wouldve stayed at milan for life if he was given the opportunity.

roberto baggio and giuseppe meazza also played for juve, milan, and inter, are they mercenaries too? did we name our stadium after a disrespectful piece of shit? :oblivious:

you have insanely contradictory standards for incoming and outgoing players. im 600% sure pirlo wouldnt have been a mercenary in your eyes if he had started out at juve, milan, and won two CL titles at inter later on. same goes for your criteria where kova isnt a "real man like zanetti". with your definition, milito, palacio, handanovic, ivan perisic, murillo, and kondogbia aren't "real men" either because they left their previous clubs and moved up.

Milito is an Inter legend so all sins are forgiven, his goals in the treble winning season forgives all past sins.

Yes baggio is a merc, a loveable one but still a merc.

As for Meazza, came back and worked for Inter after his playing days were done and never worked for either gobbi nor bbilan. So he can be forgiven in my book.

As to pirlo not disrespecting Inter fans, joining Milan is enough disrespect as far as I am concerned. Pretty sure he could have gone to another team if he wanted to...

KevinB
09 Nov 15, 16:10
Milito is an Inter legend so all sins are forgiven, his goals in the treble winning season forgives all past sins.

Yes baggio is a merc, a loveable one but still a merc.

As for Meazza, came back and worked for Inter after his playing days were done and never worked for either gobbi nor bbilan. So he can be forgiven in my book.

As to pirlo not disrespecting Inter fans, joining Milan is enough disrespect as far as I am concerned. Pretty sure he could have gone to another team if he wanted to...

So if Pirlo returns and has a big share in getting us the scudetto he's suddenly forgiven?

Armes
10 Nov 15, 02:40
You know, I couldn't give a shit if he comes or not, to be completely honest, but I just can't understand that cunt Marotta. I mean what is it with these rube scums feeling the need to give interviews on baseless rumours that Andrea Pirlo, once our own, then Milan's, could, for a couple of months at the very least, join us? What kind of Director is that cunt?

Pravesh
10 Nov 15, 03:56
There is no point blaming Pirlo for joining Milan or Juventus. Footballers have to think about their career as well, just like us, who would have to move to different competitor companies. Yeah, it might be a bit different coz of the fan base and all but still, they have their reasons.

At least in the case of Pirlo, he HAD to leave Inter or else, who knows he might have been lost long time back.

M.Adnan
10 Nov 15, 04:37
I've never liked Pirlo even 10 years ago, so the just thought of him playing for Inter now and at the age of 37 is disgusting.

Wings
10 Nov 15, 05:18
Hasn't he talked in his biography about having wanted to become an Inter icon ('Cambiasso with hair' was one of the phrases he used iirc)? I find it hard to blame him when a team like Milan comes knocking.

rockieroads
10 Nov 15, 06:39
Not sure I like the idea of Pirlo coming to Inter. MLS starts in March so wouldn't it be a short loan? If so I don't think that would benefit us. I hate short loans in general

ScottishInterista
10 Nov 15, 08:08
It never done everton or Arsenal any harm when they loaned Henry and Donovan

Bluenine
10 Nov 15, 12:20
Describing Pirlo as a mercenary is just ridiculous.

I am old enough to remember the Pirlo transfer as well as I remember the Kovacic transfer. Pirlo loved our club, even when he was not getting any chances to play. He was the star of Euro U21, but looked happy to support the team from the bench without complain. I still remember him running up and down the pitch in pure glee like a school kid after Baggio scored against Real in the CL. Throughout his career, he has been a model professional.

Inter sold him, he did not ask to go. What is worse, is that Inter threw him away for peanuts. Records may show a big figure, but it was a inflated price multi-player swap to create fake profit on the books.

A lot of people these days credit Ancelotti for innovative re-invention of Pirlo as a DLP instead of an AM at Inter. But that is not true. I remember many Inter fans at that time were crying out for Pirlo to be played DLP at Inter, because he had already shown during a loan at Brescia that he could thrive in such a role. Inter never tried him in that role, and sold him for almost nothing - there was no big money mercenary transfer. I remember that swap was Pirlo + Bogani for Brncic + Ginestra (there were other dodgy swaps as well that summer, Brocchi for Guly, some other worthless youth players). Does anyone remember Brncic or Ginestra? No, because they never even played for us - they were both immediately loaned out, we never even intended to play them. We threw away Pirlo for nothing, he was just one of the many names used to create a false profit in the books for both clubs. While Milan used useless players like Brncic & Ginestra to do this, we used Pirlo! :palm:

How does this make Pirlo a mercenary? This only makes Inter look like shit.

Bluenine
13 Nov 15, 15:50
Lucescu on why Inter need Pirlo... does make some sense.

'Pirlo could win Inter Scudetto’
By Football Italia staff

Former Inter Coach Mircea Lucescu believes Andrea Pirlo could help the Nerazzurri to the Scudetto.

The Beneamata have been linked with the New York City FC midfielder, though the player his former club Juventus have denied a move will take place.

“Could Pirlo make Inter Scudetto contenders?” Lucescu considered in an interview with FCInterNews.

“No doubt, having a player like him is a beautiful thing for any Coach. I was fortunate to coach him at Inter, and my memory of the player is very positive.

“At that time he wasn’t yet a real regista [deep-lying playmaker] he was very young and wanted to be used in many different roles.

“Then, in time, he became a world-class regista, but his growth also came from some defensive mistakes and some criticism. I recall some slack passes in front of the penalty box.

“In any case, it’s unthinkable that anyone wouldn’t want him, everyone needs someone like him.

“The most important thing is the defence, in a football team that’s the starting point, the foundation. When there are great defensive assets the whole team grows, including the attack.

“In this sense, Pirlo would be the perfect link between the two areas. The defence would be covered, and the attack would have many more playable passes.

“That’s the reason Mancini wants him, and to aim for the Scudetto. Andrea is a player who can single-handedly change a whole team and the pace of a match.

“I think the team absolutely needs a player with these characteristics, with a lot of experience and absolute tactical discipline.

“Inter should get Pirlo, he would change the Nerazzurri midfield as he did with [Antonio] Conte’s Juventus.

“I think the player is physically well enough, and I also think he’s struggling a bit in Major League Soccer.”

The part in orange above - that is exactly my point in the "chicken & egg" argument in the Inter-Frisinone thread. The defence is the foundation, and Mancini is right in focussing on it first.

Cómi
13 Nov 15, 20:41
that is exactly my point in the "chicken & egg" argument in the Inter-Frisinone thread. The defence is the foundation, and Mancini is right in focussing on it first.

Under that logic Mancini would not bring in Pirlo, because Pirlo doesn't have the legs under him to put in a defensive contribution for most of the match. If anything he would be a liability on the pitch.

Ronaldo
13 Nov 15, 20:50
Under that logic Mancini would not bring in Pirlo, because Pirlo doesn't have the legs under him to put in a defensive contribution for most of the match. If anything he would be a liability on the pitch.

How did you come to that conclusion?

No one expects Pirlo to defend. I think what Bluenine meant is that we are strong in defense and Pirlo doesn't need to defend. He would have a free-roaming role trying to look for passing opportunities upfront.

The more I think about it the more I believe we need him.

BasedGodPunk
14 Nov 15, 03:15
Sure, hate Pirlo for joining our two rivals. I'm sure if a club the caliber of Juve and Milan came to your door throwing a ton money at you to play for them, you'd say no.

.h.
14 Nov 15, 09:17
Sure, hate Pirlo for joining our two rivals. I'm sure if a club the caliber of Juve and Milan came to your door throwing a ton money at you to play for them, you'd say no.

i've said this before - if juve offered me even £100k a year to scout or some shit for them, I'd be all over that crap.

Let alone fucking 5, 6, 7m a year after tax.

Cómi
14 Nov 15, 09:37
How did you to that conclusion?

No one expects Pirlo to defend. I think what Bluenine meant is that we are strong in defense and Pirlo doesn't need to defend. He would have a free-roaming role trying to look for passing opportunities upfront.

The more I think about it the more I believe we need him.

Defense is not an individual effort, it takes a team, and if anyone is not pulling his share, the team's defense suffers. Pirlo cannot defend a full 90 in Serie A, to the point that playing him is like having one less player when you're not on the ball.

I also think people are underestimating how hard our midfield needs to work during defensive phases to get our results, and so they assume that taking out one midfielder (Medel? Melo?) for Pirlo would just somehow work.

That's not even mentioning how vulnerable he has been in possession, where the other team can stick a player on him the whole game to closely pressure and stop good passes (the reason he would be played) from moving up. Pirlo would be a risky investment, even if Inter's would just be paying his wages.

Ronaldo
14 Nov 15, 10:58
Defense is not an individual effort, it takes a team, and if anyone is not pulling his share, the team's defense suffers. Pirlo cannot defend a full 90 in Serie A, to the point that playing him is like having one less player when you're not on the ball.

I also think people are underestimating how hard our midfield needs to work during defensive phases to get our results, and so they assume that taking out one midfielder (Medel? Melo?) for Pirlo would just somehow work.

That's not even mentioning how vulnerable he has been in possession, where the other team can stick a player on him the whole game to closely pressure and stop good passes (the reason he would be played) from moving up. Pirlo would be a risky investment, even if Inter's would just be paying his wages.

with that logic then why not just field 11 defenders?

We have a strong defense and we lack creativity. Pirlo is the perfect player for that reaseon.

If are worried about the defense so much we can field Pirlo next to both Medel and Melo. Pirlo can create much better than Guarin and Brozovic.

Cómi
14 Nov 15, 20:36
with that logic then why not just field 11 defenders?
It seems like that's what Mancini has been doing after our first goal each match. Why fix what ain't broken?

We have a strong defense and we lack creativity. Pirlo is the perfect player for that reaseon.

If are worried about the defense so much we can field Pirlo next to both Medel and Melo. Pirlo can create much better than Guarin and Brozovic.
That would help to an extent, but I also said that Pirlo's creative can be stifled fairly easily by marking him closely. I do think he could bring a lot to the team in terms of leadership, but on the field at most he would be an occasional sub, when we've already got good control of the game but can't break through to score. Is that worth matching the reported $8 million salary he gets at NYCFC?

Bluenine
15 Nov 15, 01:15
That would help to an extent, but I also said that Pirlo's creative can be stifled fairly easily by marking him closely. I do think he could bring a lot to the team in terms of leadership, but on the field at most he would be an occasional sub, when we've already got good control of the game but can't break through to score. Is that worth matching the reported $8 million salary he gets at NYCFC?

Its a tough call. We are talking 3 months, so salary is not much of a consideration. Like you said, Pirlo could help to an extent. The question is, to what extent? If Pirlo could help us win 2-3 games that we may have otherwise drawn or lost, those 5-6 points could make all the difference between CL and no CL. And CL means 40-60m in revenues plus opens up opportunities in the transfer market and marketing/sponsorship!

If Mancini thinks Pirlo can help, I would go for it. Its better to get a stop gap solution in January, and focus the big spending in the summer when more players are available (and we might be a more desirable destination).

ScottishInterista
15 Nov 15, 03:00
If he wants a play maker then he should of kept Kova

thatdude
15 Nov 15, 04:03
I would be scared about Pirlo messing up the one thing that seems to be our strength this season while not being the old Pirlo we saw at Juventus/Milan. That would be a nightmare.

chipschups
15 Nov 15, 12:18
nagatomo as our fk taker, isnt that more than enough reason to bring him here.

Bluenine
15 Nov 15, 13:45
If he wants a play maker then he should of kept Kova

If the costs were the same or even in the same range, I would completely agree with you. But selling Kovacic gave us "profits" which enabled us to buy 3-4 players like Jovetic, Perisic, Melo, etc. Pirlo in comparison will cost peanuts.

TGDella
15 Nov 15, 14:29
If the costs were the same or even in the same range, I would completely agree with you. But selling Kovacic gave us "profits" which enabled us to buy 3-4 players like Jovetic, Perisic, Melo, etc. Pirlo in comparison will cost peanuts.

Woah there. Rest of your point was sound but Kova sale allowed us to buy ONE player, Kondogbia, in fact for a slightly higher price.

Devious
15 Nov 15, 15:06
I am old enough to remember the Pirlo transfer as well as I remember..

Elaborate :lol:

Bluenine
15 Nov 15, 16:23
Woah there. Rest of your point was sound but Kova sale allowed us to buy ONE player, Kondogbia, in fact for a slightly higher price.

You need to do some reading to understand the difference between cashflows and profits:

Start with this: How Transfers Impact FFP (http://forzainterforums.com/showthread.php?13081-How-Transfers-Impact-FFP-A-Cheatsheet)

Also refer to this: The Cost of Revolution at Inter (http://forzainterforums.com/showthread.php?13210-The-Cost-of-Revolution-at-Inter-summer-2015)

And this: CL or Bust this Season. Or is it? (http://forzainterforums.com/showthread.php?13223-CL-or-Bust-this-Season-Or-is-it)

After reading these, hopefully you will understand how the Kovacic transfer gave us enough "profit" to buy Kondogbia + Jovetic + others...

Kazaan
15 Nov 15, 19:34
Kova was lost because of the accumulated mistakes, year after year, so the sale was a reaction. It was not a proactive thing imo. That's why the story about Pirlo is so annoying to me. Because it shows we DO need a Kova, we just have Vidic, Rano, Dodo, Palacio, Guarin and 1000 fullbacks so we can't afford him.

danz
16 Nov 15, 00:24
Could somebody in here explain why manc10 use ffp excuse to sold kova and bought kdog? I dont get the logic

Devious
16 Nov 15, 08:19
Start with this: How Transfers Impact FFP

Also refer to this: The Cost of Revolution at Inter

And this: CL or Bust this Season. Or is it?

TGDella
16 Nov 15, 08:23
I have read all your stuff blue nine and you're right from an ffp point of view, but only that. From a financial stability point of view (which is not impacted by how many years we spread our transfers over) it was near enough a straight swap.

Devious
16 Nov 15, 11:11
I like your avatar

TGDella
16 Nov 15, 11:25
I like your avatar

"You and he were....buddies, weren't you."

Bluenine
16 Nov 15, 14:13
I have read all your stuff blue nine and you're right from an ffp point of view, but only that. From a financial stability point of view (which is not impacted by how many years we spread our transfers over) it was near enough a straight swap.

You are right in that, financial stability comes from managing your cash flows well. And from a cash flow point of view, it was like a swap. But Inter's financial stability depends on the net worth of our owners - so directly linked with Thohir. Thohir has invested significant amounts on Inter, and more than that his business credibility is now linked with Inter. So its unlikely he will let Inter down if cash flows (i.e. financial stability) becomes a problem. Which basically means that if Inter need money, he will lend us some. So I do not think cashflows are a big problem.

What matters more is profitability - that is a true measure of relative success/failure of a business. Which is why FFP also focusses on that. And from that point of view, the Kovacic transfer allowed us to buy much more than just K-dog i.e. if we hadn't sold Kovacic, we probably wouldn't have been able to afford 3-4 players including K-dog.

Thohir is being quite clever so far - this summer he not only managed to turn a profit from the transfer market, he also balanced the cash flows so that his external help is not needed. To summarise:

- The Shaqiri transfer was largely to manage cash flows i.e. financial stability.
- The Kovacic transfer was much more than just cash flows - it funded almost half our business this summer.

TGDella
16 Nov 15, 15:06
You are right in that, financial stability comes from managing your cash flows well. And from a cash flow point of view, it was like a swap. But Inter's financial stability depends on the net worth of our owners - so directly linked with Thohir. Thohir has invested significant amounts on Inter, and more than that his business credibility is now linked with Inter. So its unlikely he will let Inter down if cash flows (i.e. financial stability) becomes a problem. Which basically means that if Inter need money, he will lend us some. So I do not think cashflows are a big problem.

What matters more is profitability - that is a true measure of relative success/failure of a business. Which is why FFP also focusses on that. And from that point of view, the Kovacic transfer allowed us to buy much more than just K-dog i.e. if we hadn't sold Kovacic, we probably wouldn't have been able to afford 3-4 players including K-dog.

Thohir is being quite clever so far - this summer he not only managed to turn a profit from the transfer market, he also balanced the cash flows so that his external help is not needed. To summarise:

- The Shaqiri transfer was largely to manage cash flows i.e. financial stability.
- The Kovacic transfer was much more than just cash flows - it funded almost half our business this summer.

Pretty solid response as usual, you boring fuck.

Jafaar
06 Nov 17, 14:51
Andrea Pirlo has retired from football

Tsuna
06 Nov 17, 15:46
RIP

Quantum
06 Nov 17, 18:01
Did Inter tweet about him or acknowledge his retirement in some fashion? Would seem strange, since he's remembered mostly for playing for Juventus and Milan, but he is a World Cup winner and a former Inter player after all is said and done.

ADRossi
06 Nov 17, 22:49
I mean, we sent Ghoulman, Milik, and Florenzi well wishes for injury.

Universe
07 Nov 17, 01:35
Conti:yao: