PDA

View Full Version : Samir Handanovic

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

javier_zanetti <3
04 Jul 12, 14:04
Pozzo confirms to GDS: "Samir is Inter player".

Welcome To Inter!

Pajo
04 Jul 12, 14:06
Closed till official.

Handoyo
04 Jul 12, 14:09
Not official yet. Thread closed.

Edit: Pajo beat me to it :|

Me2
04 Jul 12, 23:05
Welcome Handanovic

http://net-storage.tccstatic.com/storage/fcinternews.it/img_notizie/thumb1/a94af0ba23b55491d4df682f95eeb882-46596-d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e.jpeg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMA9AM7LsN4&feature=player_embedded

http://www.fcinternews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=85035

.h.
04 Jul 12, 23:10
Not. Official.

figer
04 Jul 12, 23:11
jersey with World Club Cup logo :notbad:

vasilios
05 Jul 12, 04:26
If it's not on Inter's site or Udinese's site, it's not official. Everyone wants to jump the gun and create the thread, but these will all be locked, and then not re-opened when it is official.

vasilios
06 Jul 12, 15:24
Fuck it. Too lazy to open a new thread, and no one else jumped on it, so re-opening this one. But in the future don't open a thread until you see it referenced on Inter's site, the selling team's site, or the lega calcio site.

Anyway, he's now referenced on Inter.it. Will join up with the team on Sunday.

http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=58548&L=it

I thought this signing was pointless, and it's bullshit what we're doing with JC, but he's here now so best of luck to him.

Poll coming soon

Kakaroto
06 Jul 12, 16:49
Forza Julione!!!! we are with you!!

The Wall
06 Jul 12, 16:53
But that Pozzo guy just hates us and conducting business with him is impossible. :confused:

crzdcolombian
06 Jul 12, 17:54
But that Pozzo guy just hates us and conducting business with him is impossible. :confused:

No we don't even try to negotiate. We go We want X-PLayer.... then they say they want 15 million euro for him.... then we hear Man United or Barca then run away like little girls when we know for a fact Man U or Barca don't need player X. Juve got a sick deal for Isla and Asamoah on co-ownership. Now Napoli is going to get Cuadrado(5 mil), Armero(4 mil) and Benetia on co-ownership !!! We seem to only want to try these deals with Genoa who openly fist us in the ass every time we talk to them.

I am on team Handa !! JC you were great did a lot of wonderful things and got old. Sorry bro

Pharaoh
06 Jul 12, 18:39
Yeah JC treatment is shameful but welcome Samir and hope you have a great Inter career.

FORZAINTERMILAN
06 Jul 12, 18:46
Forza Handanovic! WELCOME TO NERAZZURRI FAMILY!

Scottish_one
06 Jul 12, 19:23
i voted 8 but he really isn't adding anything to the team that wasn't there before except reducing the average age a bit....his transfer fee will balance any wage cut from Julio

Iron_Inter
06 Jul 12, 19:56
Welcome! :)

F U C K MILAN
06 Jul 12, 19:59
quality is always welcome

Besnik
06 Jul 12, 20:00
Benvenuto! :)

interista4
06 Jul 12, 20:01
Welcome..

Pajo
06 Jul 12, 20:06
Sad, sad, very sad for Cesar. But Handanovic is one of the best in the world, so he is welcomed.

Devious
06 Jul 12, 20:15
Welcome Abo Samra! I guess. :okay:

Opeum
07 Jul 12, 00:10
Welcome Samir!

Minardista
07 Jul 12, 00:29
Whatever happened to the "Quaresma, Mancini and Gresko combined" option in the poll? It was far more emphatic than this new one.

Sid
07 Jul 12, 07:52
:okay:

Bergpavian
07 Jul 12, 08:52
I am sorry, Samir. But I don't like you. Not your fault but i prefer JC.

Scottish_one
07 Jul 12, 10:23
I wouldnt be surprised if some of them bonuses mean he ends up getting paid as much as Cesar :pokerface:

Goalkeeper Samir Handanovic will reportedly have a penalty bonus clause inserted into his Inter contract.

The custodian is a penalty saving expert and will reportedly be rewarded financially for his spot-kick exploits after leaving Udinese for the Nerazzurri.

The Slovenian is on a basic salary of €2m a campaign, but that will rise if a number of bonus clauses are activated.

Handanovic will not only be compensated for spot-kick saves, but also the amount of appearances that he makes and the number of clean sheets he keeps.

http://www.football-italia.net/20878/penalty-clause-handanovic

.h.
07 Jul 12, 10:33
he's not going to get 2.5 million a season in bonuses...

appearance fees typically are up to, like, 5-10k a match (for a full 90 min appearance, dropping by 25% for a sub, and dropping another 25% for being on the bench). Probably looking at up to 1.5x the same again for a clean sheet, and probably about that again for a penalty save...

So you're talking probably 40k a week at the most he can earn in add ons...

and also, tbh, this isnt even remotely unusual. we gave zarate an assists bonus last season (10 assists would be like 150k bonus iirc?), rooney had something like a 7k match appearance at everton bonus...

---------- Post added at 10:33 ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 ----------

tbh, the basic idea is something i agree with.

footballers shouldnt earn very much for doing nothing. if they turn up to training every day of the week, that should be max like 100k a year... image rights of course will always be separate to that, so a top footballer even if he doesnt play (injury or whatever) could still make a few million a year. the rest should be bonuses based on that. like 50k for man of the match, 20k for a goal, bla bla bla

as an example, milito would have earned 600k for goals in the treble year, probably like another 750k for man of the matches, and then you'd also give bonuses for team wins, performance in competitions (e.g. winning the CL probably give another million bonus, 750k for the Serie A, 250k for Coppa Italia...)

for the treble season, lets say on a base salary of 100k, that's already 3.5million, before you argue about bonuses for assists, winning games, and other shit.

if you gave everyone a bonus of like 30k for winning a game, then that would have been like another 35-40*30k in the treble year? so another 1.2 million...

call it 5 million all round, thats more than he made just on his regular wages. Probably less if you add in the CL money, but I never claimed this was already set up well :P

oh, and i fucking guarantee people like maicon or sneijder would never have had their motivation levels drop under this system ;)

Scottish_one
07 Jul 12, 10:38
Fair enough but i'd still like to see the values :P

.h.
07 Jul 12, 10:41
you'd also NEVER see some cunt like Muntari or Mancini sat on the bench again just waiting their contracts out... for 100k a year I can guarantee you they'd fucking change club so quick you wouldnt even have time to start a rumour thread about it

---------- Post added at 10:41 ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 ----------

I dont know about Italy, but the taxation system is typically very different for bonuses than salary.

In the UK, it's a 20% bonus tax (i believe) - so if all our players were paid in the forms of bonuses, rather than salary...

lets say 100million a year on their wages (to the players), that means we pay 100/0.8 = 125million a year total (25mil to tax). That's instead of 200 million a year, where 50% goes to tax.

If we changed to this scheme we wouldnt even have to get rid of any of our fucking players, you could sign anyone you wanted.... that 80 million difference there is roughly what we lost last year...

Suneet
07 Jul 12, 10:47

Yes, we paid what we value close to 17mill for a goal keeper. Plus the GK wanted to join us. Plus the guy took a paycut. A lot of things worked in our favor in this deal.

The Wall
07 Jul 12, 13:09
And you keep insisting on living in the dreamland. :lol:

What does Handović wanting us and taking a paycut has to do with that ridiculous imaginary idea Pozzo hates us and doesn't want to deal with us? We got a fantastic deal for their no.1 keeper which is probably the toughest position to replace. FACT.

We were interested in Sanchez and Isla, but Juventus and Barcelona made much better offers. FACT.

There is zero factual evidence to support your opinion. Zero.

n4l
07 Jul 12, 14:16
Handanovic took a pay cut? Not so sure about that.

CafeCordoba
07 Jul 12, 14:25
Handanovic definitely didn't took a paycut. He wasn't making 2m€ per year at Udinese. Doubt even Di Natale is making that much there.

ADRossi
07 Jul 12, 15:07
Di Natale makes 1.2 million per year

Hasan
07 Jul 12, 15:52
Yes, we paid what we value close to 17mill for a goal keeper. Plus the GK wanted to join us. Plus the guy took a paycut. A lot of things worked in our favor in this deal.

Did your wife or mother wrote that? Usually you have very good posts but this one aren't yours, I hope.

junior55
07 Jul 12, 15:53
Handanovic definitely didn't took a paycut. He wasn't making 2m€ per year at Udinese. Doubt even Di Natale is making that much there.

The paycut is not related to his previous salary with udine but to his first contract negotiations. I remember reading MM or smn else saying that he took a 250k paycut.

CafeCordoba
07 Jul 12, 15:54
The paycut is not related to his previous salary with udine but to his first contract negotiations. I remember reading MM or smn else saying that he took a 250k paycut.

Okay. Now that you said that remembered it myself too.

Suneet
08 Jul 12, 10:15

What does Handović wanting us and taking a paycut has to do with that ridiculous imaginary idea Pozzo hates us and doesn't want to deal with us? We got a fantastic deal for their no.1 keeper which is probably the toughest position to replace. FACT.

We were interested in Sanchez and Isla, but Juventus and Barcelona made much better offers. FACT.

I dont think 17mil is a fantastic deal. I think he is overpriced. Plus we dont really need a new GK. Plus they got Faraoni that they wanted. Pozzo isnt easy to deal with, he is a money whore, and we dont have enough of it to satisfy him. I mean co-ownership of Isla, Asamoah. The Sanchez deal etc, its easy to see, but you say I live in a dreamland, so I will accept your opinion and not try to become some egoistical maniac.

The kind of scouting Udine have, they can easily find good young players to replace Handanovic. Yes I agree its not the same for a GK compared to outfiled players.

20million for Asamoah and Isla, if we even bid that much, we would never get them to agree. He would simply make Jube raise the price or terms or conditions.

Suneet
08 Jul 12, 10:16

I dont think 17mil is a fantastic deal. I think he is overpriced. Plus we dont really need a new GK. Plus they got Faraoni that they wanted. Pozzo isnt easy to deal with, he is a money whore, and we dont have enough of it to satisfy him. I mean co-ownership of Isla, Asamoah. The Sanchez deal etc, its easy to see, but you say I live in a dreamland, so I will accept your opinion and not try to become some egoistical maniac.

The kind of scouting Udine have, they can easily find good young players to replace Handanovic. Yes I agree its not the same for a GK compared to outfiled players.

20million for Asamoah and Isla, if we even bid that much, we would never get them to agree. He would simply make Jube raise the price or terms or conditions.

junkie
08 Jul 12, 11:00
he should join training camp today, right?

Bzzlightyear
08 Jul 12, 11:15
he should join training camp today, right?

Yes

n4l
08 Jul 12, 11:45

That doesn't even make sense. He was making less than 1mil in Udine. He is making 2mil now. **If** his agent came in with a higher number than 2mil during the negotiations, then they were fucking dreaming.

He did not take a paycut end of story. If MM or someone said that, that's just crazy spin.

Mad Biscione
08 Jul 12, 12:08
He agreed to take 250k less than originally agreed I guess

n4l
08 Jul 12, 12:13
He agreed to take 250k less than originally agreed I guess

How does that make sense? So we agreed to 2.25m, then later, asked him to go to 2m? Sorry, but that's stupid.

It's a negotiation. It could mean Inter started at 1.5mil or whatever and he started at 3mil. The 2 parties finally agreed at 2mil and that's that. There's no "paycut" there. Incredible spin if you ask me.

William
08 Jul 12, 13:12
Welcome

Grujinho
08 Jul 12, 18:43
Was he in Pinzolo today? I haven't seen him...and there is also no Official statement that we bought him. Are we waiting to offload Cesar before we officialy bring in Handanovic or what?

Scottish_one
08 Jul 12, 18:54
Was he in Pinzolo today? I haven't seen him...and there is also no Official statement that we bought him. Are we waiting to offload Cesar before we officialy bring in Handanovic or what?almost certain that he has been bought

Cesar is doing his best to stay by the looks of it

Pajo
08 Jul 12, 19:30
It was said he will come on 9th, thus, tomorrow...

Jagger
08 Jul 12, 19:35
He is on presentation. You can watch it live here: http://www.interisti.si/

The Wall
08 Jul 12, 20:05
I dont think 17mil is a fantastic deal. I think he is overpriced.

I don't know how did you come up with the 17mil number but there is no way in hell that Faraoni is worth 12mil. And even if he was, paying 17 mil for a world class GK is a great deal. Try to name 10 better GKs than Handanović. Go.

Plus we dont really need a new GK. Plus they got Faraoni that they wanted.

You are grasping at straws here. How does us not needing a GK makes Pozzo hard to deal with? What are you even talking about?How does that affect Pozzo's stance? When you evaluate the deal on its own without thinking about the whole Cesar fiasco, it's a pretty sweet deal.

Pozzo isnt easy to deal with, he is a money whore, and we dont have enough of it to satisfy him.

The guy is making smart business decisions and trying do the his best in interest of the club he is running. The idea that he is motivated by irrational hate towards Inter and he is open to business to everyone else is entirely fictional and is not based on facts. Handanović deal puts the dagger in the heart of that ridiculous notion.

You said it yourself. Also, bear in mind that Udinese despite being a selling club has also been a pretty competetive team for years. They've managed to win the CL qualification spot 3 times in the last 7 years which is pretty good and if Platini didn't screw up the whole qualification system they would probably played it 3/3.

Except there is ZERO evidence to this opinion, just fantasy talk. Also,I would not classify getting Juventus to raise their offer as hate towards Inter but a smart business move. We could obviously just outbid them and get the player we want. Simple as that.

Suneet
09 Jul 12, 09:55
I'm sorry. Everything that you say about Branca and MM needs facts also too now. We cant assume the most common thing.

And didnt we pay 10m + Half of Faraoni or something?

Bergpavian
09 Jul 12, 14:25
Finally:

Transfers: Samir Handanovic signs for Inter
MILAN - Samir Handanovic is an Inter player. The Slovene goalkeeper has completed his permanent transfer from Udinese now that all the necessary paperwork has been delivered to the Lega Serie A.

Born in Ljubljana on 14 July 1984, Handanovic came through the ranks at Slovenian outfit Domzale (2002/03) before being promoted to the first team in 2003/04. Udinese brought him to Italy in and loaned him to Treviso at the start of the 2005/06 season. He moved again on loan to Lazio in January 2006 and then Rimini, playing a key role in their 2006/07 Serie B campaign. Handanovic retuned to Udine in 2007/08 and established himself as the Friulans' first-choice keeper, making a total of 179 appearances for the club. He made his debut for Slovenia in 2004 and has since become a mainstay of the national side.

Here's the link: http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=40261&L=en

Aurimas
09 Jul 12, 16:23
http://www.fcinter1908.it/?action=read&idnotizia=57621

they say, we signed him on co-ownership, like juve did with Isla and Asamoah

Btw, Welcome Samir :)

Mad Biscione
09 Jul 12, 16:53
his wife

http://www.jutarnji.hr/multimedia/archive/00279/zoja-trobec_279623S0.jpg

:megusta:

A.l.i
09 Jul 12, 17:27
Was there any need of that? Seriously

KevinB
09 Jul 12, 17:50
Was there any need of that? Seriously
There's always a need for a sexy woman

Lothar of the Hill People
09 Jul 12, 18:09
his wife

http://www.jutarnji.hr/multimedia/archive/00279/zoja-trobec_279623S0.jpg

:megusta:

Welcome to Inter, Mrs. Handy.

MANTA
09 Jul 12, 18:23
Suddenly this transfer has a lot more supporters. We should get Khadeira next.

Devious
09 Jul 12, 19:55
Or we just can get his wife

http://www.kickette.com/files/2011/08/Sami-Khedira-and-Lena-Gercke-mackin-on-the-beach.jpg

awwwwwwwwwyeaaaaaaaa

Jimmy
09 Jul 12, 20:09
*sigh*

We used to be the Nr.1 English speaking Inter forum in the world

rsz85
09 Jul 12, 20:16
So how much did we pay for him or 50 % of him?

MANTA
09 Jul 12, 20:56
So how much did we pay for him or 50 % of him?

Best guess is 11m + half of Faraoni for all of Handanovic.

.h.
10 Jul 12, 06:41
I don't know how did you come up with the 17mil number but there is no way in hell that Faraoni is worth 12mil. And even if he was, paying 17 mil for a world class GK is a great deal. Try to name 10 better GKs than Handanović. Go.

Ahh, the loosest possible definition of world class... Where you dont even have to be known across the footballing world to be world class.

Buffon, Casillas, Reina, Valdes, Neuer, Chourtois (or however you spell his name), Cech, De Gea, Joe Hart

There's nine.... im probably missing a couple of obvious people too

Hasan
10 Jul 12, 07:04
Ahh, the loosest possible definition of world class... Where you dont even have to be known across the footballing world to be world class.

Buffon, Casillas, Reina, Valdes, Neuer, Chourtois (or however you spell his name), Cech, De Gea, Joe Hart

Buffon, Casillas, Neuer

Joe Hart, HANDANOVIĆ, Chech

Reina, Chourtois (or however you spell his name),
De Gea
Valdes

DIN011
10 Jul 12, 08:52
Reina, Valdes and De Gear better than Handanović??? AT WHAT?

junkie
10 Jul 12, 09:54
Buffon, Casillas, Neuer

Joe Hart, HANDANOVIĆ, Chech

Reina, Chourtois (or however you spell his name),
De Gea
.'
Valdes

why is valdes so high up ? :D

Hasan
10 Jul 12, 10:08
why is valdes so high up ? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxOijmkdefA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx3RQTfRdFo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wdfAu4AUfk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNSlH76eg2M&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdOBSDnM2YA&feature=related

Suneet
10 Jul 12, 10:41
So anyone flaming Inter for buying half of him for some money and full ownership of Faraoni?

Or just hiding behind ego's again.

Bergpavian
10 Jul 12, 10:55
So anyone flaming Inter for buying half of him for some money and full ownership of Faraoni?

I flame Inter for that. That's the biggest shit I read in this transfer period so far. Even bigger than Chivu shit.

Mad Biscione
10 Jul 12, 11:02
Faraoni will never make it big

Besnik
10 Jul 12, 11:05
Faraoni will never make it big

Based on what?

rockball
10 Jul 12, 11:13
I kinda agree. Seen nothing special in Faraoni, will become a decent squad bit-part player and nothing more.

As for the GK debate above :palm:
- Neuer isn't at Casillas or Buffon level
- Cech has been just average for a long while now
- Valdes :howler:
- De Gea as world class :yao:

Besnik
10 Jul 12, 11:18
I kinda agree. Seen nothing special in Faraoni, will become a decent squad bit-part player and nothing more.

Becoming a decent squad player or something, and that is not difficult to achieve but however Faraoni has showed few great performances with us, despite being played in a tough situation with huge pressure and all.

He's not a kind of player who impresses with his dribblings, passing or shit, but he's definitely a quite promising player. For example compared to other youngsters, he was a level above others in term of spirit, he was also confident and all, which is a huge factor on his career.

Though players with confidence have easier to settle. Faraoni despite at young age, was one of them.

Universe
10 Jul 12, 11:24
Becoming a decent squad player or something, and that is not difficult to achieve but however Faraoni has showed few great performances with us, despite being played in a tough situation with huge pressure and all.

He's not a kind of player who impresses with his dribblings, passing or shit, but he's definitely a quite promising player. For example compared to other youngsters, he was a level above others in term of spirit, he was also confident and all, which is a huge factor on his career.

Though players with confidence have easier to settle. Faraoni despite at young age, was one of them.

Eh.. Out of the notable youngsters, both those who have played in the first team, and those who have not, (Obi, Faraoni, Castaignos, Longo, Bessa, Crisetig, M'Baye, Duncan, Di Gennaro, Livaja, Coutinho etc etc.) I have the lowest expectations of Faraoni. I remember in the pre-season of last season, he was quite impressive with his crosses from the right flank which were constantly great and highly accurate. Then when playing for the first team,, nothing.. He did play well on the rare occasion and showed energy, but energy alone is not enough.

MANTA
10 Jul 12, 11:28
The only reason people are saying we sold all of Faraoni is the Udinese sight said "permanent transfer"

Yet people say we bought half of Handanovic even though inter's site also says "permanent transfer".

Besnik
10 Jul 12, 11:34
I wouldn't say just 'nothing' because he has definitely produced some quite good performances, if not great ones. I think he made his debut with the first team in the game against Milan in the Supercoppa and he was very well although not many of us were pleased to see him comming in, but he still performed very well.

Then during season when he got playing time, like I said he was pretty good but I can't remember the games though

Faraoni will settle well in Udinese, I'm sure about this. The kid doesn't seem to have issues with confidence so that will help a lot. And Udinese is a team with lower expectations than Inter, and pressure is not huge, so he could make it.

thatdude
10 Jul 12, 13:30
Hope we didn't let go of him fully. Sometimes these players just aren't good enough and then the switch flips. Not everybody is a phenomenon at 20, especially not defenders. Italian players have also been known to develop a bit slower.

.h.
10 Jul 12, 13:36
Everyone here makes it sound like every team should have 11 stars and nothing else.

You know those solid, reliable, unspectacular players most teams have?...

Faraoni has done well. He needs to develop a lot, in terms of influencing the game, imposing himself, etc, but he's never had any real fuck ups. He looks like a good general purpose defensive midfielder/right wingback. One or two years of good development at Udinese and I would be delighted to take him back.

Everyone got spoiled after Santon. You expectj ust because one guy marked Ronaldo out of the game once, thats how all youth players should introduce themselves..

ADRossi
10 Jul 12, 15:40

:lol:

Courtois and De Gea? Really? Valdes?

THat list is hilarious. You're missing a couple of obvious people alright...

:palm:

.h.
10 Jul 12, 15:45
I think the point of my post has completely gone over your head....
I hear this album was made for you:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7f/Over_My_Head_single.jpg

The point is you cant be world class if you arent even top 5 in your position....

This is how I define world class:

It is not about who the 'dream' XI is. Its about the players who could reasonably compete to be in that dream XI. That way, world class isnt a designation for 11 players at a time, but rather, a separation by ability.

Do you really think Handanovic competes on the same level as Casillas, Buffon, etc?

You answer me that :)

ADRossi
10 Jul 12, 16:11
I think the point of my post has completely gone over your head....
I hear this album was made for you:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7f/Over_My_Head_single.jpg

The point is you cant be world class if you arent even top 5 in your position....

This is how I define world class:

It is not about who the 'dream' XI is. Its about the players who could reasonably compete to be in that dream XI. That way, world class isnt a designation for 11 players at a time, but rather, a separation by ability.

Do you really think Handanovic competes on the same level as Casillas, Buffon, etc?

You answer me that :)

You were asked to name 10 GKs better than Handanovic, and you offered up a ridiculous, and actually hilarious list. I never said Handanovic is better than Casillas or Buffon, I'm simply saying you have no idea how to evaluate GKs if that is truly your top 10 list. Fact is you were asked to point out a top 10 list, and I thought I'd take the time to laugh at your stupidity.

There are no world class GKs outside of Neuer, Buffon, and Casillas at current times. Is Handanovic in the tier below them? Yes.

.h.
10 Jul 12, 16:17
De Gea at the 2nd half of the season last year was pretty damn good. Has the signs to be on the top level.

Valdez is a pretty good keeper. He's not world class, no, but he's pretty good. If it wasn't for Casillas, he'd be much higher rated.

Courtois? Sure, a bit young, but he's the number 1 goalkeeping prospect in the world at the moment, ahead of Bardi, Belec, Leali, bla bla bla.

ADRossi
10 Jul 12, 16:18
De Gea at the 2nd half of the season last year was pretty damn good. Has the signs to be on the top level.

Valdez is a pretty good keeper. He's not world class, no, but he's pretty good. If it wasn't for Casillas, he'd be much higher rated.

Courtois? Sure, a bit young, but he's the number 1 goalkeeping prospect in the world at the moment, ahead of Bardi, Belec, Leali, bla bla bla.

I'm not telling you those 3 goalkeepers are terrible, but the fact you think they are better than Handanvoic RIGHT NOW is laughable.

.h.
10 Jul 12, 16:23
I'm not telling you those 3 goalkeepers are terrible, but the fact you think they are better than Handanvoic RIGHT NOW is laughable.

OK. Thanks for the input. I'll file it with the rest of the input I get.

MANTA
10 Jul 12, 16:45
Current form Handanovic is roughly as good as current form JC. Some people would say he is bit better, some would say is a bit worse. I don't really believe he is a tier below JC. We didn't sign Handanovic because he is much better, we signed him because he is much cheaper and younger.

If Inter had signed a 26 year old Valdes instead, I would have cried to be honest.

Current top goalkeepers are (IMO, of course): Buffon, Casillas, Neuer, JC, Handanovic, Joe Hart, Cech, Reina, Lloris. And some of those are on their way down to be honest.

If I were to take the form in the last two years only then Handanovic is top 5.

n4l
10 Jul 12, 18:08
It's incredible the amount of shit Valdes gets. Dude has been IMMENSE for barca, especially the last 3-4 years. IMMENSE. He makes almost ZERO errors, is EXCELLENT with his feet and makes at least one incredible save per game. It's a damn shame the amount of shit he gets.

And just fyi, goalkeeping is much more than just making some spectacular saves. The best ones can do that AND are excellent with their feet. Joe Hart? Lloris? Handanovic? Please, they are good goalkeepers, but not primetime.

Past 3 years, most impressive gks in europe were Casillas, Valdes and Van Der Sar (i know he didn't play this year). Neur right on the outskirts but will surpass them this or next season.

JC is simply error prone now. He is finished as a top goalkeeper. Can still make great saves but is almost guaranteed to brainfart, too often for top clubs.

The Wall
10 Jul 12, 20:02
I'm sorry. Everything that you say about Branca and MM needs facts also too now. We cant assume the most common thing.

And didnt we pay 10m + Half of Faraoni or something?

Assuming that Pozzo doesn't want to deal with Inter out of spite is not the most common thing. It's making the stuff up. I don't make the stuff up about MM and Branca and I try to back up my statements with some evidence.

10+plus half/or full Faraoni is a great deal.

---------- Post added at 22:00 ---------- Previous post was at 21:57 ----------

Ok, maybe not a world class but the tier right below it. The bolded are not better than Handanović, you can make an argument either way.

I would even take Handanović over every single of those guys, especially those young ones. Valdes has his moments of greatness but is brain fart prone, Heart is probably at the same level as Handanović and Reina is slightly worse.

---------- Post added at 22:02 ---------- Previous post was at 22:00 ----------

It's incredible the amount of shit Valdes gets. Dude has been IMMENSE for barca, especially the last 3-4 years. IMMENSE. He makes almost ZERO errors, is EXCELLENT with his feet and makes at least one incredible save per game. It's a damn shame the amount of shit he gets.

And just fyi, goalkeeping is much more than just making some spectacular saves. The best ones can do that AND are excellent with their feet. Joe Hart? Lloris? Handanovic? Please, they are good goalkeepers, but not primetime.

Past 3 years, most impressive gks in europe were Casillas, Valdes and Van Der Sar (i know he didn't play this year). Neur right on the outskirts but will surpass them this or next season.

JC is simply error prone now. He is finished as a top goalkeeper. Can still make great saves but is almost guaranteed to brainfart, too often for top clubs.

Valdes was not that great last season. Prior to that I agree. And Cech was amazing last season in Chelsea's CL run but I believe he is past his best days after all those head injuried.

MANTA
10 Jul 12, 21:10
See what you all made me do. You made me thank The Wall. I will never forgive you all for this.

MVD
10 Jul 12, 21:21

Pimpin
10 Jul 12, 22:11

Are you talking about Victor Valdes? If so.. :yao:

remember the brainfart when he literally gave benzema the ball :palm:

+has done that same shit over and over again:palm:

Cal
11 Jul 12, 02:24
Lol i remember the one time ive ever seen him get a chance for Spain over Casillas vs Scotland he sprinted out wildly and Craig Mackail-Smith (who has one of the worst touches and dribbling ive ever seen) just pokes the ball to the side and Valdes clattered him. Then on the resulting penalty he the Scottish player (David Goodwillie) did a stutter step and he fell for it diving waaay to early, leaving the Scotland player to just tap it in pretty much. Got Scotland back into the game.

His Positioning is usually great, and can pull off some great saves but is quite short for a keeper, and has frequent brain farts as others have said.

Wait... Why are we discussing Valdes anyway?

Nein
11 Jul 12, 04:53
Whats the hardest position to find a world class player for? Keeper. There no two ways about it, world class keepers are few and far between. And once a big team has one, he'll basically stay there his entire career. Thats how it is. You almost never see a team sign a very well known world class keeper who is established, because their team will never let them go.

ATM, inter may not needed Handanovic because they have Cesar, but in the future they most certainly will.
A world class keeper may seem like a strange signing, but when a world class one pop ups... costs very little for his talent and your keeper is going on 33.. it really should become main priority to sign him. Juventus/PSG, are two teams that will be looking to sign a world class keeper pretty soon. It's good to sign Handcanovic now, before PSG or Juve realize his potential, and bid more for him than inter can afford.This move ensures that Inter will have a world class keeper in their team for years to come. How many teams can say that?

Not to mention, Handanovic is GOOD. He is world class good, it's amazing he cost so little. He'd most likely be up at the 30m mark in just a few seasons.

Whats happening to Julio, is indeed extremely shitty. But how much of whats really going on do we know? It's really just speculation. I expect Cesar will stay and compete for his position. And when Cesars form goes down, inter have a world class alternative ready.

.h.
11 Jul 12, 08:40
are you really claiming handanovic is the same as neuer, casillas, buffon?

because if you arent, then he isnt world class.

Tanel
11 Jul 12, 08:45

because if you arent, then he isnt world class.I don't see why Handa isn't in the same class based on last two seasons.

Definitely in the same class as Neuer, who is painted as some kind of a superman, but actually has average/bad games more often than people would like to think.

Nein
11 Jul 12, 08:59

because if you arent, then he isnt world class.

Buffon hasn't been the same in years, this year hes been outstanding compared to his past few seasons. Is he better Than Handanovic? Probably, yeah. Casillias, is still basically in his prime, the best in the world. Obviously handanovic isn't as good as him. Neuer? Handanovic is better than him.

Your question doesn't really makse sense to me though. Because you say all these players are world class, and then if he isn't at their level, then he isn't world class? When the difference between them is all pretty big. Neuer is nowhere near Casillias level, so does that mean hes not world class? I mean thats what it seems like your saying to me. Either way, Casillias is the best of the best, buffons past his prime and neuers one of the best in the world, and Handanovics ability falls somewhere the later.

Devious
11 Jul 12, 09:08
We can just rotate between both Cesar and Handy, problem solved!

Tsuna
11 Jul 12, 09:11
how about JC as EL,COPA and Hando as Seria A:challenge:

I4E
11 Jul 12, 09:14
how about JC as EL,COPA and Hando as Seria A:challenge:

How about JC accepts being our new Toldo ?

Devious
11 Jul 12, 09:25
How about an ice-cream?

I4E
11 Jul 12, 09:27
How about an ice-cream?

With choclate sprinkles ???

Devious
11 Jul 12, 10:50
No. With water sprinkles.

http://1.2.3.4/bmi/u.goal.com/96100/96100hp2.jpg

http://1.2.3.4/bmi/www.manutd24.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Barcelona-turn-on-water-sprinklers.jpg

Im daaaaaaaaancin in the raaaaaain and eaaaaaaatin ice-creaaaaaaaaam!

Uncommon
11 Jul 12, 10:59

If there wouldn't be Casillas he would still be nr 2. behind Pepe Reina. Barcelona's weak point.

William
11 Jul 12, 11:39
Even though valdes isn't much highly rated he is still over rated, hid attempts at times are hilarious

Pajo
11 Jul 12, 12:01
Handanovic IS world class keeper. It's not opinion, it is a fact, he is the best in Serie A the past 2 years, along with the likes of Cesar and Buffon.

ATM for me he is in top5 in the world. Casillas is Number 1, the very best, but the next four, or even 9, don't have much difference in quality. And Handanovic is definitely one of them.

Suneet
11 Jul 12, 12:05
So half of Handanovic for 9m+half of Faraoni? What is he worth? 25m?

n4l
11 Jul 12, 12:26
Handanovic IS world class keeper. It's not opinion, it is a fact, he is the best in Serie A the past 2 years, along with the likes of Cesar and Buffon.

ATM for me he is in top5 in the world. Casillas is Number 1, the very best, but the next four, or even 9, don't have much difference in quality. And Handanovic is definitely one of them.

Don't think we can put Handa anywhere near players like Cech, Valdes, Neur, Buffon e.t.c for the simple fact that he's played at fuckin UDINESE. Let's see his nerves and mentality while playing under BIG pressure for a big team. Just ask De Gea about the difference between playing for Atletico and playing for ManU.

sanka
11 Jul 12, 12:28
So half of Handanovic for 9m+half of Faraoni? What is he worth? 25m?

Wrong.

Solfice
11 Jul 12, 12:32
I think he has enough age and experience for Inter. And Valdes is shit. Saying that Handa isin't anywhere near those other names is big underestimation. That fucking UDINESE finished third last year.

I4E
11 Jul 12, 12:35
^ :thumbsup:

n4l
11 Jul 12, 12:51
I think he has enough age and experience for Inter. And Valdes is shit. Saying that Handa isin't anywhere near those other names is big underestimation. That fucking UDINESE finished third last year.

Is this a real comment or a joke? Are you comparing Udinese to fuckin Bayern, Chelsea, Real, ManUand Barca?

Come on dude. Just because they finished 3rd doesn't make them a big team. Go talk to their fans today. If they finish 3rd or if they finish 10th, they don't fucking care. Their expectations are LOW. If gk makes an error in a game, he might get some howling from fans for a bit and that's it. Go ask De Gea. Make a mistake in a game for manU and shit is HEADLINE IN ALL NEWSPAPERS. Pressure that he might lose his spot to #2 gk. People calling him garbage for MONTHS. It is just not the same. And Atletico is way bigger than Udinese. Go ask JC. Dude fucking WALKED HOME IN SHAME. Next season, he is being replaced. THAT IS PRESSURE.

Come on man. I thought things like this are common sense. Go talk to a Bayern fan and if they don't win bundesliga every year, it is a failure. Go talk to Barca fans and if they don't win La Liga and CL AND with style, it is a fucking failure. Clearly, the pressure is nowhere near being the same.

Note, I am not saying Handanovic is a bad gk. I think he is good. All I am saying is, we're comparing apples to oranges if we're comparing handa to those other GKs. They are playing at uber high levels and with mega pressure. Look how many times Valdes has to face Ronaldo, Ozil, Benzema...then CL facing top teams with top, top players. Same thing for Neur..this year was a HUGE step up for him going to Bayern, where everything is magnified 10000%. Handa is facing nothing that is comparable.

We will see what Handa is made of now that he has stepped up a bit.

thatdude
11 Jul 12, 15:46
Helps he'll have EL to deal with this year. Diet CL before getting into the heavy stuff. I think he'll be alright though, he's old enough to understand what it is he's facing. He's been in Serie A for a long time and taken some hard knocks on the way to the top.

MANTA
11 Jul 12, 16:46
So the argument against Handanovic now is he might not be able to handle the pressure of a big club? I am sorry, but that is BS.

Is that the high risk factor you are looking at right now? A 27 year old keeper who has played in Serie A for 5 years and the his ability to handle pressure is suddenly a concern? I could kind of understand this about a 21 year old from a low level league, but a player mature player who has been consistent in the league for years now? So players like Di Natale, Isla, Sanchez are at high enough risk of not being able to handle pressure that clubs should actually think twice before signing them?

Whether you consider him a world class keeper or not, it is very hard to argue that his form in the last 2 years doesn't make him the best keeper in Serie A.

n4l
11 Jul 12, 16:50
Jesus christ....it makes no sense discussing anything on this forum. Why don't you read? Please show me where I am AGAINST Handa?

The argument about pressure is used strictly for those comparing him to other goalkeepers. That is it.

Pajo
11 Jul 12, 16:53
I get where i4e is coming from, and he get some point.

BUT. Handanovic is TWO years in a row chosen for the best Serie A keeper. And he is soon to be 28, is not u24 young GK. I know it's not the same playing for Inter and Udinese, but still, he has shown that he has talent, is one of the best there is, is in his best years, AND is experienced enough. De Gea is still too young, and last year improved like 200% till the end of the season. Even Neuer was/is not experienced enough, although in him i see the future best.

That being said, even though it's true that we should wait and see how he copes with playing in big team, i believe the chances of mental breakdown are slim.

Solfice
11 Jul 12, 17:20
Is this a real comment or a joke? Are you comparing Udinese to fuckin Bayern, Chelsea, Real, ManUand Barca?
Real comment. Where or when did I compare Udinese to those clubs?

Come on dude. Just because they finished 3rd doesn't make them a big team. Go talk to their fans today. If they finish 3rd or if they finish 10th, they don't fucking care. Their expectations are LOW. If gk makes an error in a game, he might get some howling from fans for a bit and that's it. Go ask De Gea. Make a mistake in a game for manU and shit is HEADLINE IN ALL NEWSPAPERS. Pressure that he might lose his spot to #2 gk. People calling him garbage for MONTHS. It is just not the same. And Atletico is way bigger than Udinese. Go ask JC. Dude fucking WALKED HOME IN SHAME. Next season, he is being replaced. THAT IS PRESSURE.

First, I would disagree that Udinese fans wouldn't give a shit if they would finish third or tenth. The whole argument is flawed, every fan would like to see your team as high as possible and lets not forget all the extra money the team would get from CL and sponsors and so on.

Secondly, english media is totally different animal. They will rip a new hole for everybody if you happen to fuck up. Also De Gea is younger, less experienced. You can clearly see that ManU is investing in future with this young dude, real gamble to appoint so young GK as a first goalkeeper.

Come on man. I thought things like this are common sense. Go talk to a Bayern fan and if they don't win bundesliga every year, it is a failure. Go talk to Barca fans and if they don't win La Liga and CL AND with style, it is a fucking failure. Clearly, the pressure is nowhere near being the same.

Your whole argument is that just because he comes from not so big club as ManU or Barca he will fail, he wont handle the pressure. He has played in CL, several years in Serie A, he isn't some kind of rookie.

Note, I am not saying Handanovic is a bad gk. I think he is good. All I am saying is, we're comparing apples to oranges if we're comparing handa to those other GKs. They are playing at uber high levels and with mega pressure. Look how many times Valdes has to face Ronaldo, Ozil, Benzema...then CL facing top teams with top, top players. Same thing for Neur..this year was a HUGE step up for him going to Bayern, where everything is magnified 10000%. Handa is facing nothing that is comparable.

Are you trying to tell me that in Serie A we don't have world class players like Ronaldo, Özil, Benezema and so on? :serious:

Your whole logic is so flawed.

n4l
11 Jul 12, 17:25
:chan:

We cannot compare Handa to those keepers because they have been playing at the highest level of the game while Handa has definitely not.

Whether or not Handa will come to Inter and completely boss it is not relevant. Right now, today, it is apples to oranges.

Doffy
11 Jul 12, 17:29
true story tho. valdes is a fucking beast. last 2 or 3 season guy has been bossing la liga. i honestely think he is one of the best goalkeepers in the world. with him and casillas and xavi and iniesta and silva and fabregas and torres and llorente and pique, and jordi alba... spain is really blessed.

handanovic on the other hand is still a question mark... id like to see him in action before calling him world class. lol i dont think he is world class tho. maybe a good gk or very good even, but world class? really guys? :notbad:

im really curious how he will do. ^^

Fapuccino
11 Jul 12, 18:07
true story tho. valdes is a fucking beast. last 2 or 3 season guy has been bossing la liga. i honestely think he is one of the best goalkeepers in the world. with him and casillas and xavi and iniesta and silva and fabregas and torres and llorente and pique, and jordi alba... spain is really blessed.

handanovic on the other hand is still a question mark... id like to see him in action before calling him world class. lol i dont think he is world class tho. maybe a good gk or very good even, but world class? really guys? :notbad:

im really curious how he will do. ^^

valdes is a joke of a keeper, the only reason barca keep him is cause he can play with his feet. handanovic does not need to prove anything, inter will not play cl next, mostly serie a games, where he excels.

Pajo
11 Jul 12, 18:14
Today in his presentation in Pinzolo, fans were booing him and were shouting Cesars name.

Can't imagine how Handanovic was feeling. :( It's not his fault Cesar is "thrown" away and Handa is his replacement.

monster09
11 Jul 12, 18:22
Today in his presentation in Pinzolo, fans were booing him and were shouting Cesars name.

Can't imagine how Handanovic was feeling. :( It's not his fault Cesar is "thrown" away and Handa is his replacement.

Neuer part 2?

F U C K MILAN
11 Jul 12, 19:13

disgrace if its true

n4l
11 Jul 12, 19:23
What do you expect? The media coverage on this whole fiasco has painted JC as bad and some of the fans don't like it. Sucks to be Handa right now tbh, but he'll get over it.

vasilios
11 Jul 12, 19:36
He can put up with some boos for tripling his wages.

n4l
11 Jul 12, 19:37
He can put up with some boos for tripling his wages.

Don't forget though, he took a "paycut" to join us.....:pokerface:

Nyall
11 Jul 12, 19:38
I support those fans and would have done the exact same..

You people are all hypocrites, who have deceived yourselves into accepting that Julio Cesar is no longer quality and this change at this time even makes sense... Not one of you said that there was a need for an upgrade in our goal keeping department, and now all of a sudden, wasting money on this, whilst our attack, midfield and defense is shit makes sense?

Julio has looked like shit since the treble you say? Has he had a defense beyond anything resembling Swiss cheese since the treble? The man is a locker room leader, who kept us in a lot of games this season, whilst our attack and midfield drew constant blanks.. But that's fine, I can't wait to see Samir coping with Andrew Froggley and Stallone in front of him and how well he can deal with when teams absolutely destroy us on the counter again..

Besnik
11 Jul 12, 19:38
They booed him? If yes, then that is some disgraceful shit.

Nyall
11 Jul 12, 19:39
They booed him? If yes, then that is some disgraceful shit.
As opposed to what the management is doing to Julione?

Solfice
11 Jul 12, 19:42
And what is Handanovic fault? :palm: Go boo the management.

Pajo
11 Jul 12, 19:44

Here is your answer.

Besnik
11 Jul 12, 19:47

I didn't said anything related about JC.

And besides, if you saw my posts on JC's thread, you would realize that I'm not a fan of this transfer and JC doesn't deserve this kind of treatment he's getting nowadays.

It's not Handanovic's fault that he was signed on a market window where we already have a world class goalkeeper, we could argue about management's move and everything, but I don't fucking understand why they booed him? That is just disgraceful, no other way to describe.

Nyall
11 Jul 12, 19:53
No it's not, but that's the best way to let the management know...

We honestly don't need a goal keeper, we now have to sell JC, otherwise we added a further increase to our wage bill instead of reducing it.. Honestly I'd be in full support of JC if he stuck it to the management and stayed out the rest of his contract in the stands..

---------- Post added at 15:53 ---------- Previous post was at 15:49 ----------

I didn't said anything related about JC.

And besides, if you saw my posts on JC's thread, you would realize that I'm not a fan of this transfer and JC doesn't deserve this kind of treatment he's getting nowadays.

It's not Handanovic's fault that he was signed on a market window where we already have a world class goalkeeper, we could argue about management's move and everything, but I don't fucking understand why they booed him? That is just disgraceful, no other way to describe.
Handonovic's arrival is a contributing factor to Julione's impending departure.. Handonovic the person wasn't booed, Handonovic's transfer was booed.

Besnik
11 Jul 12, 19:57
Handonovic's arrival is a contributing factor to Julione's impending departure.. Handonovic's the person wasn't booed, Handonovic's transfer was booed.

2+2=5-1

Whatever man. I hope Handa gets through this, because that could be an awful feeling though.

I saw a little from his interview on inter.it, and he seems like a true professional with huge ambition thus I respect him already.

Uncommon
11 Jul 12, 20:07
Nice welcome. :palm: Morons...

Devious
11 Jul 12, 20:12
:oblivious:

LukasGiovanni
11 Jul 12, 20:29
http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=40286&L=en

FORZA SARMA, FORZA VID; FORZA SLOVENIA! ;)

MANTA
11 Jul 12, 20:31
I am sure Handanovic is a pro, he just has to go about his business on the pitch and the Curva Nord will be singing songs about him by seasons end.

snake
11 Jul 12, 23:12
WHAT KIND OF TREATMENT IS JC GETTING?

Have I missed something?

Mid-season, most of us, even people like n4l considered JC to be over. We need to replace him. How the fuck do you guys not know if JC was told in February that we would be looking for an alternative.

Do you really think he heard it through the media?

blackmore
11 Jul 12, 23:14
WHAT KIND OF TREATMENT IS JC GETTING?Have I missed something?Mid-season, most of us, even people like n4l considered JC to be over. We need to replace him. How the fuck do you guys not know if JC was told in February that we would be looking for an alternative.Do you really think he heard it through the media?Funny how ppl forget sooo quickly....ain't it? Where the fuck u been Broski?

K.I.
11 Jul 12, 23:15
Yah, he will get through this, he looks like a humble fellow and people will forget about JC when he perfroms as well as he did with udinese for us, he is a great goalkeeper, dont get it twisted. What happend to JC has nothing to do with him and he said it best in his first interview with us.

snake
11 Jul 12, 23:19
Funny how ppl forget sooo quickly....ain't it? Where the fuck u been Broski?

Went to the states for a bit...

What about you? Even too G for Gtalk?

blackmore
11 Jul 12, 23:23
Went to the states for a bit...What about you? Even too G for Gtalk?Upgraded my phone and can't seem to be able to log in to my account anymore....getting trolled hard by these mofos!

MANTA
11 Jul 12, 23:24
WHAT KIND OF TREATMENT IS JC GETTING?

Have I missed something?

Mid-season, most of us, even people like n4l considered JC to be over. We need to replace him. How the fuck do you guys not know if JC was told in February that we would be looking for an alternative.

Do you really think he heard it through the media?

The only report I heard was that JC was informed months ago that we were trying to get Handanovic so he could be traded. He probably wasn't ok with it, but I haven't heard any report saying he learned from Handanovic from the media.

Sneijder was told last season that because of financial trouble, if a huge offer for him arrives he would be sold. He admitted as much. So I expect they at least extended the same courtesy of a heads up to JC. I am sure he wasn't ok with it, and wanted to stay, but I don't think he was misinformed about the club's intention.

Minardista
11 Jul 12, 23:43
To all people who say Handanovic transfer is no good because he's not used to playing at "such a high level";

Are you all fucking retards? HE WILL BE PLAYING THE SAME COMPETITIONS NOW AS HE WAS AT UDINESE! Serie A, Coppa Italia, Europa League. He played them ALL last season, and has played the first two many times in the past. Saying he lacks experience at a top level because of the team he played for is stupid, it's like saying a BMW will always be faster than a Nissan GTR just because one has a more well known brand. Well guess what, GT-R is the far better car. Just like Handanovic is a great Serie A keeper, not because of what team he played for, just because's HE'S A GOOD GOALKEEPER. It has nothing to do with his former club! And the pressure is BS, all players are under pressure at every club they go to because of the expectations of the supporters, regardless of the profile of the club. If Julione needed to be replaced, then Handa was absolutely the correct choice.

He is the best goalkeeper east of Italy, end of. Probably on the cusp of a Top 10 GKs in the world list.

Coasterfreek
11 Jul 12, 23:46
I don't see why there are negative posts about this pickup.

.h.
11 Jul 12, 23:54
To all people who say Handanovic transfer is no good because he's not used to playing at "such a high level";

Are you all fucking retards? HE WILL BE PLAYING THE SAME COMPETITIONS NOW AS HE WAS AT UDINESE! Serie A, Coppa Italia, Europa League. He played them ALL last season, and has played the first two many times in the past. Saying he lacks experience at a top level because of the team he played for is stupid, it's like saying a BMW will always be faster than a Nissan GTR just because one has a more well known brand. Well guess what, GT-R is the far better car. Just like Handanovic is a great Serie A keeper, not because of what team he played for, just because's HE'S A GOOD GOALKEEPER. It has nothing to do with his former club! And the pressure is BS, all players are under pressure at every club they go to because of the expectations of the supporters, regardless of the profile of the club. If Julione needed to be replaced, then Handa was absolutely the correct choice.

He is the best goalkeeper east of Italy, end of. Probably on the cusp of a Top 10 GKs in the world list.

the mistake is to assume that the 'high level' (at least so far as I have commented in my posts, i cant speak for others) is that that has anything to do with the competitions, but rather, his capabilities.

East of Italy?

What about Cech, Akinfeev for two obvious competitors?

Minardista
12 Jul 12, 00:33
the mistake is to assume that the 'high level' (at least so far as I have commented in my posts, i cant speak for others) is that that has anything to do with the competitions, but rather, his capabilities.

East of Italy?

What about Cech, Akinfeev for two obvious competitors?
I believe at this particular juncture he is marginally better than both. But I stress, marginally. Cech has declined, Akinfeev's form has dipped a bit lately...the heirarchy may change again with time, but for now I'm calling it like I see it.

rockball
12 Jul 12, 09:12
Agree with snake, been saying for a season now that Cesar's time as a top goalie is done. You got to be blind if you haven't noticed how his error frequency has shot up.

Pajo
12 Jul 12, 10:55
This transfer kinda reminds me on Buffon at JuBe, when they had VDS.

JuBe fans were whining for letting great GK in VDS go, while they overpay for good GK, but not proven enough, or not better than VDS. They were caliming that GK is the last they should improve.

We all know how that turned out. :oblivious:

Yeah yeah, i know it was lot different, but there are similarities as well. Especially the fans reaction.

n4l
12 Jul 12, 14:04
Ok. Now you guys are not starting to make sense.

***Note, I agree that Handa is indeed a good gk and yes, I did say and still maintain the JC is finished as a top GK.***

(1)

Nobody said that. Stop creating straw man arguments please

(2)
Guys, something doesn't add up here. Think about it. We didn't want Muntari anymore, we apparently told him so, and then went about shopping him around. We didn't ask him to reduce wages. We got offers for fucking Muntari! We did the same for all our deadweight. Suazo, Mancini, Rivas e.t.c...we all shopped them around, they all received offers but they declined e.t.c.

I find it weird that if we were shopping around JC, we'd get no offers for him. I've not heard a rumor about teams offering for JC. That is just very strange to me. The only thing we've heard so far is that we've asked to reduce his wages. Nothing about us trying to sell him.

necrodragon
12 Jul 12, 14:27
seriously why would anyone want JC.

his error frequency has gone up.
he is the 3rd highest paid goalkeeper only behind buffon and cassilas
all top teams have a good goalkeeper

not a bit surprised that no one has made an offer for him, if we are to get rid of him, contract termination is the only way to go unfortunately

n4l
12 Jul 12, 14:32
seriously why would anyone want JC.

his error frequency has gone up.
he is the 3rd highest paid goalkeeper only behind buffon and cassilas
all top teams have a good goalkeeper

not a bit surprised that no one has made an offer for him, if we are to get rid of him, contract termination is the only way to go unfortunately

So teams wouldn't want JC but would want MUNTARI? That defies logic...

necrodragon
12 Jul 12, 15:27

So teams wouldn't want JC but would want MUNTARI? That defies logic...

any given team requires 5-6 midfielders all of who are expected to see decent game time, but any team requires only 1 top class goalkeeper and rest of the goalkeepers are either washed up 38-39 year olds or youth to warm the bench.

and we are not talking about a average player who can play for 50-60 odd teams in europe, we are talking about a player who used to be one of the best in his category and is grossly overpaid, error prone and aging now.

Still cant see why teams want muntari over JC:lol:

Nyall
13 Jul 12, 00:06
Grossly overpaid, error prone and aging?

wow... where the fuck were those sentiments 2 months ago when we were looking at our summer needs and all unanimously agreed that a goal keeper was the last thing this club needed?!

Hasan
13 Jul 12, 09:23

wow... where the fuck were those sentiments 2 months ago when we were looking at our summer needs and all unanimously agreed that a goal keeper was the last thing this club needed?!

That's a reason why they are leading one of the most succesful clubs in the world in last ten years and we sitting infront of computers and complaining why grass on San Siro isn't green.

That's life, probablly ...

vasilios
13 Jul 12, 13:42

Those things aren't mutually exclusive.

He is overpaid. He is error prone. He is aging. Doesn't mean he's garbage. Doesn't even mean he's not very good. And certainly doesn't mean keeper was anywhere near the top of our list of needs.

switch
13 Jul 12, 14:29
He is co-owned by inter and udinese or not? Why legaseriea.it show transfer type is participation.

http://www.legaseriea.it/en/serie-a-tim/calcio-mercato/squadre/-/trasferimento/1717

MANTA
13 Jul 12, 15:07
He is co-owned by inter and udinese or not? Why legaseriea.it show transfer type is participation.

http://www.legaseriea.it/en/serie-a-tim/calcio-mercato/squadre/-/trasferimento/1717

He could be co-owed, but with a comittment to buy. FFP doesn't allow you to keep debt between clubs year over year. So I am guessing the way clubs in Italy are doing deals with future payment is signing Co-Ownership with a commitment to buy the rest next year at a fixed rate. So we pay half the 11m now and half next year. Udinese did the same with Isla and Asamoah.

Accounting jiggery aside, he is fully an Inter player.

Solfice
14 Jul 12, 08:52
Happy birthday, Samir!

I4E
14 Jul 12, 09:41
^ Yes .... happy birthday Samir, cos i know your reading this. Also, i think your a great keeper and green really suits you :thumbsup:

LukasGiovanni
15 Jul 12, 21:27
he saved penalt today against koper

MANTA
15 Jul 12, 22:50

He did what now?

Bzzlightyear
21 Jul 12, 17:57

There was never a penalty at that game

William
21 Jul 12, 22:08
My brother questioned me after the match vs bilan as to why we needed to buy handanovic when belec was great in goal and when our management said it would focus on youth

I answered that handanovic is a great keeper an is proven in serie a but not with conviction needed to justify the 11mil transfer when other areas needed more work first, as why couldn't we just have switched julio and belec throughout the season? Glad handanovic is with us though

Ed.
21 Jul 12, 22:11
Belec isn't that good tbh. Bardi is more promising than Belec. Today Belec is only facing few threats from bilan. If it were not a friendly and if it was, let's say Cassano, Ibra and Robinho, instead of El Shaarawy, Belec would probably conceded more.

vassago
23 Jul 12, 13:50
Belec isn't that good tbh. Bardi is more promising than Belec. Today Belec is only facing few threats from bilan. If it were not a friendly and if it was, let's say Cassano, Ibra and Robinho, instead of El Shaarawy, Belec would probably conceded more.

Ibra:yao:

Serhio_D
24 Jul 12, 11:30
does anyone know why he's not in the squad for today's friendly against Como?
too much of a boss for such a small team as como or what

Bzzlightyear
24 Jul 12, 11:36

So the other can have a chance to play, we know we gonna use Milito and handa all season, so maybe he gives a chance to other players, like backups, and then i believe its Como, so no reason having them to play

Serhio_D
24 Jul 12, 14:26
So the other can have a chance to play, we know we gonna use Milito and handa all season, so maybe he gives a chance to other players, like backups, and then i believe its Como, so no reason having them to play
seems quite reasonable
hope this game will eventually show our management that our bench is just not good enough for such a long hard season...
especially now, when we have like 3 more days to submit the list of players for the europa league- they gotta freakin' hurry!

Caecuban
26 Jul 12, 01:36
My brother questioned me after the match vs bilan as to why we needed to buy handanovic when belec was great in goal

I answered that handanovic is a great keeper an is proven in serie a but not with conviction needed to justify the 11mil transfer, as why couldn't we just have switched julio and belec throughout the season?

we could've switched julio and castelazzi during the season, but handa is:

- looking ahead for the next seasons (but not really needed at this moment, to be honest)
- trying to balance the books (jc costs 9m in gross wages per year on the book, handa is 4m in gross wages + 2,25m depreciation)

Zerothe
27 Jul 12, 00:56

Lol, it's fascinating to me, how some of you are hating Handanovic. Is it his fault, that Cesar is not a priority anymore? I can understand your frustration, but c'mon dude.

I would understand that if Handanovic was a poor player, but hating him when he clearly is a world class quality goalkeeper, is beyond me. I know that Cesar is an icon of this team, but at the moment and for quite a bit of time already, i would not say that he is on Handanovic's level - no offence towards Cesar at all, but let's just be totaly objective here.

Give this guy a chance to prove himself in some big games and you will be glad, that you have signed him. In my opinion, he does not get enough credit at the moment, at all. If anyone who has watched him closely for a few years says that he is not on the TOP 5 ladder of the world, i wonder what he has been watching.

Now go on and flame me, Cesar fan's. Again, i have nothing against Cesar, but acting like "get the fuck out" towards Handanovic becouse he was asked to replace him, is a bullsh*t.

MVD
27 Jul 12, 01:11
Maybe it´s some kind of 'kicking the dog and meaning the master'...

I4E
27 Jul 12, 08:20
Lol, it's fascinating to me, how some of you are hating Handanovic. Is it his fault, that Cesar is not a priority anymore? I can understand your frustration, but c'mon dude.

I would understand that if Handanovic was a poor player, but hating him when he clearly is a world class quality goalkeeper, is beyond me. I know that Cesar is an icon of this team, but at the moment and for quite a bit of time already, i would not say that he is on Handanovic's level - no offence towards Cesar at all, but let's just be totaly objective here.

Give this guy a chance to prove himself in some big games and you will be glad, that you have signed him. In my opinion, he does not get enough credit at the moment, at all. If anyone who has watched him closely for a few years says that he is not on the TOP 5 ladder of the world, i wonder what he has been watching.

Now go on and flame me, Cesar fan's. Again, i have nothing against Cesar, but acting like "get the fuck out" towards Handanovic becouse he was asked to replace him, is a bullsh*t.

:thumbsup: nicely said

But you dont have to censor your swearing, feel free to just say 'bullshit' ;)

Universe
27 Jul 12, 09:12
...you dont have to censor your swearing..

Shit fuck cunt anal!

:dino:

I4E
27 Jul 12, 09:23
Shit fuck cunt anal!

:dino:

:trollol: --- anal cunt fuck shit

Olyzzerz
28 Jul 12, 13:17
Srsly only Argentina-b will give a Viviano to sign this overrated clown..

Fuck this, Forza Juve and ciao Argentina-b

Pimpin
28 Jul 12, 13:32
Srsly only Argentina-b will give a Viviano to sign this overrated clown..

Fuck this, Forza Juve and ciao Argentina-b

ban pls.

Ed.
28 Jul 12, 13:35
gloryhunters.com

b4h4mooth
28 Jul 12, 14:35
last save by Handanovic, if it was Cesar he would'nt be able to tap in that ball.

CafeCordoba
09 Aug 12, 21:34
Feels so goddamn safe to have him on the net.

Pajo
09 Aug 12, 21:39
He must be thinking, "Where the fuck did i come? This defense? I'm gonna concede 3 per game"... :lol:

MVD
09 Aug 12, 22:17
Feels so goddamn safe to have him on the net.

Personally I prefer to have him between the sticks...

Nyall
10 Aug 12, 00:21
... we conceded two goals against some Croatian team who wasn't even at full strengh.. goal keepers don't matter. A proper defense does!

Zerothe
10 Aug 12, 00:43
... we conceded two goals against some Croatian team who wasn't even at full strengh.. goal keepers don't matter. A proper defense does!

Indeed.

However, if there was not Handanovic making some great saves, you would see Inter being eliminated by Hajduk tonight.

I am worried about that shit, becouse what the fuck happens when we come up against someone better than fucking Hajduk? Fuck.

Bill
10 Aug 12, 01:26
Indeed.

However, if there was not Handanovic making some great saves, you would see Inter being eliminated by Hajduk tonight.

I am worried about that shit, becouse what the fuck happens when we come up against someone better than fucking Hajduk? Fuck.

We lose.

CafeCordoba
17 Aug 12, 09:46
Handa injured :D

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fcinternews.it%2F%3Faction%3Dre ad%26idnotizia%3D89396

.h.
17 Aug 12, 09:58
did i see some mention of surgery too??

Aurimas
17 Aug 12, 10:14
did i see some mention of surgery too??

It seems that the surgery was successfully done this morning

MANTA
17 Aug 12, 10:21
He just underwent meniscus surgery this morning. It was done through arthoscopy so hopefully the recovery time isn't too long. Depending on how much of the meniscus was damaged he might be out for a month optimistically to 2-3 months if it was severe. We will know more soon.

---------- Post added at 06:21 ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 ----------

Gazzetta is stating 15-20 days recovery time. Not too bad.

LukasGiovanni
17 Aug 12, 10:28
sarma was injured already for some days. he didn't participate in slovenia-romania (4:3) match...

MANTA
17 Aug 12, 10:47
So he left for the international friendly, doesn't play, and come back requiring surgery.

I think I am beginning to understand why clubs hate international friendlies.

Nyall
17 Aug 12, 11:35
Injuries one of the reasons why it was better we signed this guy...

Starmo4
17 Aug 12, 11:39
sarma was injured already for some days. he didn't participate in slovenia-romania (4:3) match...

Sarma :thumbup::thumbup:

Maslany
17 Aug 12, 15:01
Injuries one of the reasons why it was better we signed this guy...Well, karma is a bitch you know...

thatdude
17 Aug 12, 15:22
We should play Cesar one last time!!!

n4l
17 Aug 12, 15:39
This is indeed, HILARIOUS. Ohh...the irony. :lol:

Scottish_one
17 Aug 12, 19:37
:pokerface:

IRR26
17 Aug 12, 19:56
We should play Cesar one last time!!!

I knew this comment would come eventually. :D

I would like to see Branca telling JC that Inter needs him one more time. :lol:

Bill
17 Aug 12, 20:23
Nice. Belec to start! Hooray!!!

Marcello
17 Aug 12, 21:58
Ahahahahahhahaha injured

Pimpin
17 Aug 12, 22:22
what the fuck is wrong with yall, getting happy about OUR player getting injured, its not Handanovics fault

Scottish_one
17 Aug 12, 22:36
what the fuck is wrong with yall, getting happy about OUR player getting injured, its not Handanovics faultthey obviously don't realise that we have to live with the decisions the management make just like they do despite whether we agree/disagree.

i wouldn't want Cesar playing now after the way he's been treated, Samir's injury a week before the season starts really isn't funny....

Bill
18 Aug 12, 01:29
what the fuck is wrong with yall, getting happy about OUR player getting injured, its not Handanovics fault

Called irony...maybe look it up.

snake
18 Aug 12, 01:32
Disappointing to see from so called interistas

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

Nyall
18 Aug 12, 03:20
and how is this any different from you or any of other "true" interistas who say "fuck <insert name of player/coach here>" whenever its convenient?

why must I be obliged to support handanovic just to not get my club affiliations questioned? i mean was that in fact not one of the reasons stated why he is better for us than Julione?
l

qb4ever_2k
18 Aug 12, 03:34
You want a difference? Here it is http://www.forzainterforums.com/images/fifstyle/awards/Most%20Pessimistic%20Member.png

Pimpin
18 Aug 12, 07:40
and how is this any different from you or any of other "true" interistas who say "fuck <insert name of player/coach here>" whenever its convenient?

why must I be obliged to support handanovic just to not get my club affiliations questioned? i mean was that in fact not one of the reasons stated why he is better for us than Julione?
l

dude your mancrush on Julio is not funny, he was declining, he was getting paid too much, he was getting injured on regular basis, and + we never ever said anything bad about Julio.

The reason that he is better than Julio is that he is the last 2 years gk of the year .

Figo The King
18 Aug 12, 07:54
Todays GdS Caricature is about Handanovic :

https://p.twimg.com/A0j_lwoCcAAGujK.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:54 ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 ----------

Handanovic will miss both legs of the Play-Offs in EL on the 23rd and 30th and the league Debut against Pescara on the 26th ..

Inter are hopeful that Handanovič will return for the match vs Roma September 2nd .. but he could be out until after the International break and ready for the match against Torino on September 16th ..

MVD
18 Aug 12, 17:42

For some players it will never be sufficient to wear an Inter jersey to get the support of the Nerazzurri fans.
They are disliked for several reasons - sometimes as a player and sometimes as a person.
That´s it.
It has been like this in the past, it is like this now and it will be like this in the future.

Zerothe
20 Aug 12, 02:36
Lmao, some of you sick fuckers are acctually happy, that he is injured :palm: ?

Wow, oh wow. At least he saved your asses from falling out of the Europa League against Hajduk, before that shit happened.

And it is not like his carrer is over lmao, he should be back pretty soon, while some of you are acctualy making him "a bad transfer" becouse of this.

Seriously, this forum suprises me everyday more.

n4l
20 Aug 12, 02:41

Are you guys on your period or something? Nobody is happy about anything. Certainly not happy the PLAYER is injured. The SITUATION is however, ironic and almost comical.

Solfice
26 Aug 12, 16:53
Any info on how long he will be out?

Figo The King
26 Aug 12, 16:57
he should be back by Roma game on September 2nd or at most Torino game September 16th which he will definitely be ready for ..

so in about 1-2 weeks ..

LukasGiovanni
27 Aug 12, 12:09
i think stojanović want call him for switzerland and norway WC Qualifiers

Edward
27 Aug 12, 14:44
i'd rather use casta. give handanovic a bit more time, so he can come back in a less important game

Bergpavian
07 Sep 12, 14:47
Handanovic returns for Inter
By Football Italia staff

Inter goalkeeper Samir Handanovic should be fit to make his debut for the club in their next game against Torino, according to Sport Mediaset.

The Slovenian shot-stopper joined the Nerazzurri from Udinese for €11m during the pre-season, but has yet to play for Andrea Stramaccioni's side having had a knee operation in August.

Ricky Alvarez and Dejan Stankovic, who have also been sidelined recently, are due to be fit for the match against Il Toro on September 16.

The Italian website also report that Joel Obi has returned to training at Centro Sportivo Angelo Moratti, following a two month spell out with injury.

One player who won't be returning for at least another two weeks however, is Christian Chivu - the Romanian has suffered a knock to his right foot and won't be fit until at least September 23.

Source: http://football-italia.net/24791/handanovic-returns-inter

Two good news: Handanovic will return and Chivu is out some more time.

Solfice
07 Sep 12, 15:58
Oh thank god! Feel much safer when he is between the sticks.

Besnik
07 Sep 12, 17:08
Oh thank god! Feel much safer when he is between the sticks.

Castellazzi is a very safe option and his latest blunder against Roma won't change the fact that we have best gk backup out there.

But yea, Handanovic comming back from injury is great news. :)

Solfice
11 Sep 12, 17:14
Handanovic returned to full training today. :awyeah: Can't wait to see him play again.

_Ivan_
16 Sep 12, 21:05
great saves today handa, good job :D

FORZAINTERMILAN
16 Sep 12, 21:05
super Handa! good job!

Devious
16 Sep 12, 21:22
Excellent performance. just EXCELLENT!

William
16 Sep 12, 21:25
Handa was outstanding today!

rockball
17 Sep 12, 08:11
Super Handanovic! As cold as fuck.

sanka
17 Sep 12, 09:47
┌∩┐ (◣◢)┌∩┐

to the doubters.

Zerothe
20 Sep 12, 23:20
Good game Handa, shame about two fucking bullshit goals, which you didnt deserve.

Made some quality saves though.

zooz
21 Sep 12, 13:32
He puts the "hand" in Handanovic, get it? :dino:
cause he's a goal keeper and ... you know they use their hands.
...nevermind, oh gosh i'm so sorry, that was stupid. :palm:

Uncommon
21 Sep 12, 13:34
:derp:

cuckooc
22 Sep 12, 03:15
Am I the only one who think Handanovic 's goal kick is not so good? Also, his Goal keeping skill and reflex are great, but he is not quite agile.

Don't get me wrong, I do rate him highly. I just think Handanovic's weakness is his goal kick and agility.

sanka
22 Sep 12, 09:15
I do get you wrong pal.It''s the only part of the field i feel safe atm.

His presence here is blessin.So stable keeper with experience and quality..

Wallace
22 Sep 12, 09:58
Am I the only one who think Handanovic 's goal kick is not so good? Also, his Goal keeping skill and reflex are great, but he is not quite agile.

Don't get me wrong, I do rate him highly. I just think Handanovic's weakness is his goal kick and agility.

He's been trying really hard to take short goal kicks, and tbh I think it's Stramaccioni who instructs him to do so.

Zerothe
23 Sep 12, 16:28
He's been trying really hard to take short goal kicks, and tbh I think it's Stramaccioni who instructs him to do so.

Yeah, i can not remember him trying short kicks only, in Udinese.

It is quite obvious, that he has been told to try short passes when possible.

Mad Biscione
23 Sep 12, 16:37
I'm sure Strama read that in Tiki-taka 101 book

Grujinho
27 Sep 12, 08:37
Lol, i just read an article at fcinter1908.it, and they gave a funny nickname to Handanovic. They called him Samir Batmanovic :D Tbh, yesterday he did fly like batman on couple of occasions :)

Ffi201zi002tlis
27 Sep 12, 08:44
How about 'Handoyo' ? I don't like 'Batmanovic'. :work:

Suneet
27 Sep 12, 09:07
Best signing of the summer already?

vassago
27 Sep 12, 09:55
Lol, i just read an article at fcinter1908.it, and they gave a funny nickname to Handanovic. They called him Samir Batmanovic :D Tbh, yesterday he did fly like batman on couple of occasions :)
batman cant fly... handa can:troll:

Tanel
30 Sep 12, 21:53
Samir Handanovic looks absolute world class even when he doesn't have to do anything special. There's such level of security about him.

Hope there is no-one left questioning the footballing (and financial) reasons behind this deal change of no. 1.

KevinB
30 Sep 12, 21:58
Great Goalkeeper.

rockball
01 Oct 12, 05:54
Only fools would have questioned his transfer on a footballing perspective. JC had the heart and passion for us, but as a GK he just wasn't reliable.

I like the cool and indifferent demeanour of Handanovic. He never seems perturbed on the pitch. Even when the opposition players shoot wide, he has the look like he cast a spell on the ball to make it go wide.

Vibe
01 Oct 12, 06:04
Handa is brilliant...Doesn't quite have the Cesar reflex or aerial ability,but he is taller and his arms are longer which makes up for it.

He is also a very relaxing presence in defense which is always a good thing.

Kraits
01 Oct 12, 07:49
Ever since grande JC play for us, I would always prefer agility keepers... Handa is great but agility still very low to my liking.... Hope it can get better....

Lionheart
01 Oct 12, 08:06
He boss! Both Handa & Cast are 8055 keepers. I'm glad we've always been blessed when it comes to goalkeepers. Always had the top ones in our squad.

uny_arturo
07 Oct 12, 20:51
Sorry about all the hate in the beginning. It's just that we loved JC too much. You're totally worthy of our #1 shirt.

GRANDE HANDA :proud:

CafeCordoba
07 Oct 12, 20:52
Fantastic performance. He's the new boss.

Jacquez
07 Oct 12, 20:58
It is a somewhat ambivalent sensation to face the fact that he is clearly superior to Julio in every facet of the game.

He is a calming presence in the back, and, to be honest, I think that is one of the major reasons behind Ranocchias positive development. You are much less nervous, i.e. less prone to make mistakes, when you know that the consequences of these are less likely to be severe.

Solfice
07 Oct 12, 21:01
So glad that we finally signed him! One of the best GK in the world for sure!

CafeCordoba
07 Oct 12, 21:03
Yeah, I feel totally no worry when long shots are coming because I know Handa will catch those which are catchable. He's also very good in "close-combat" just like Julio so we've taken no backsteps in that department. Did you see how he grabbed the ball from Bojan/Robinhos feet in that one situation which ended up to be an offside? One of the best investments from the summer after all.

Serhio_D
07 Oct 12, 21:04
HAndaaaa!!! :derpcry:

vassago
07 Oct 12, 21:10
he reminds me of cech... wha a keeper Handa is... maaaan
Forza Handa!!!!

Zerothe
07 Oct 12, 21:24
Samir Supermanovic!

http://shrani.si/f/2k/3Y/4Y6UqoWI/1/thumb-up-2.gif

Devious
07 Oct 12, 21:25
He`s really still young, if he keeps it that way, in 2 years time he will be THE best GK in the world without a slight competition. word.