Pages : [1] 2

vasilios
31 Aug 12, 16:35
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/1801/sspatrickolsen001.jpg

Patrick Olsen
Nationality: Denmark
DOB: April 23 1994

Announced by Brondby: http://brondby.com/article.asp?aid=71231&id=145

Quick writeup on him from Pedulla: http://alfredopedulla.globalist.it/articoli/5362-ciak-si-gira-patrick-olsen-il-regista-del-futuro

Fapuccino
31 Aug 12, 19:41
olsen??? hahahhaaha!!! too funny.

Inter7
01 Sep 12, 09:02
apparently his agent describes him as a pirlo/cambiasso mixture haha

Raul Duke
01 Sep 12, 09:39
apparently his agent describes him as a pirlo/cambiasso mixture haha

No defensive side and bold?

Inter7
04 Sep 12, 07:04
No defensive side and bold?

bald??? and when will this dude play i want to see aka browha get on it

.h.
04 Sep 12, 08:47
I dont expect him to be a guaranteed starter.

Benassi, Del Piero, and Acampora is a talented midfield trio. I don't see where we fit Olsen into that without disrupting it, or a formation change.

vasilios
04 Sep 12, 13:55
Nonsense. Olsen has a youtube vid showing off his juggling skills, he must be an automatic starter.

Fapuccino
04 Sep 12, 17:58
Nonsense. Olsen has a youtube vid showing off his juggling skills, he must be an automatic starter.
you joke but that is logic to most fans

Aurimas
04 Sep 12, 19:48
http://net-storage.tccstatic.com/storage/fcinternews.it/img_notizie/thumb1/4716e0bfac946b4b6fe63b3cddffe55d-53820-d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e.jpg

Olsen: "A big dream, which became a reality: FC Internazionale! I am really very happy."

Inter7
04 Sep 12, 22:36
But he will probably be first or second off the bench right?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

snake
04 Sep 12, 22:39
His name was Patrick Olsen.

His name was Patrick Olsen.

Universe
04 Sep 12, 23:38
Did we also sign his twin sisters Mary-Kate and Ashley? :megusta:

vasilios
04 Sep 12, 23:49

yes. unfortunately a decade too late :pedobear:

stanko 05
30 Sep 12, 11:17
Saw the kid play quite a few times with the Dane U-17 team, in both the European and World cup U-17 tournaments.

He was, in my opinion, one of the standout midfielders in the entire tournaments - in the World cup a little less - but in the Euros he was just fantastic.

He's pretty physical, kinda slow and heavy at times, but he's a type of player that always thinks even when he's not with the ball. He always likes the ball in his feet to dictate the game and control it - he was very good and I remember being impressed with how he always makes himself available for the pass, move to a new position to receive it after making the easy pass, helping the game flow so well.
He reads the game very well, and is so calm on the ball and handles it with ease that was impressed to see from a then 16 year old kid. Really plays beyond his years.

Both him and his counterpart, Christian Norgaard(another good player on his own right - I don't know if someone bought him though I assume they did - but if not then he should absolutely be the next target for us and would be a welcomed cheap addition), were very tidy players and moved the ball extremely well with great technique especially with the ball close to their feet.

Question mark regarding him would be if he can show a little more commitment on the defensive side of the pitch - I mean when a player is close to his he would try to get the ball back with his strength and isn't afraid to slide to a tackle - but if my memory serves me right, and it's been a while since I saw him - he's not that super energetic type who will chase players down and could appear lazy at times.

He's absolutely a first team player talent in my opinion, and he's one of the few in our Primavera I expect to make the jump.
His passing ability and the way he organizes the game were brilliant for a kid his age - lack of speed is annoying, but his physical attributes make up for it.

It's a shame we didn't act on both him, Christian Norgaard, and especially his then teammate Viktor Fischer right after the U-17 Euros. Fischer was snapped up by Ajax, and he is just an amazing footballer that will be worth alot of money in the not so far future.

I'm sure we could have picked Fischer then very cheaply - now the next time he'll be sold it will be surely for above 10 million euro, if not more.

.h.
30 Sep 12, 11:23
I could be wrong but I Believe he's gotten the assist for every goal that has been scored whenever he's been on the pitch for us?

stanko 05
30 Sep 12, 11:57
Yes, all but the Tassi assist to Forte the last week I think.

He's a great passer of the ball in almost any range - especially the long-medium ones iirc. He knows how to play simple - but at times he can produce some great passes to break the defense.

.h.
30 Sep 12, 12:29
i believe we fielded him as a deep lying playmaker against Varese? I didn't see the match - infact I haven't had the chance to see him play yet - but does he suit a Pirlo-esque role? It seems from the descriptions that some sort of cross between Pirlo and a more box-to-box player is how he handles it at the moment?

---------- Post added at 12:29 ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 ----------

tbh, our primavera midfield is fucking world class.

I think Acampora, Olsen, Benassi, Del Piero, Duncan, Tassi are all top class midfielders. Tassi is, obviously, a year behind the rest of them - he's 'this year's Benassi' as such - the development squad for next year.

Acampora is a great trequartista in my opinion. Different to, say, Bessa last year (Jizz), but more like Sneijder? Great on the ball, good vision, good attacking player.

Olsen seems like he could be a top class deep playmaker/all round playmaker in the making

Benassi is a really good defensive midfielder with some playmaking skills too - reminds me a little bit of an early Gerrard (back when he played a lot deeper)

Del Piero seems like a really tidy possession midfielder so far, I haven't seen so much of him yet but he seems quite good at the passing game which is something we really lack

Duncan is Duncan, enough said. Great defensive midfielder with some box to box skills too.

That's before you add in Crisetig, Romano....

I think the defense seems kinda weak (Though, i will admit, they've really impressed me so far compared to expectations) - attack is good but not very stable at the moment, lots of rotation to date... but midfield is top class.

thatdude
30 Sep 12, 12:32
I would compare his style to Motta. I have only seen what he's done for us so far. Never his past. However, when I saw his style of receiving and passing, dictating, and still being a bit physical I thought it screamed Motta. Perhaphs he's a bit more direct with his passing, hence the assists. But the way he goes about using his limited physical attributes (not a super athelete) while still making a difference reminds me of Thiago.

stanko 05
30 Sep 12, 12:44
Maybe not as deep while on the ball, and a bit further into the central midfield cause he can also advance with the ball at times and playt the 1-2 very well - but yes i'd say so. He needs to be the one directing play and having the most touches in my opinion.

It's a problem in that position cause you need things to run around you, and receive the ball alot to dictate the game - so coming into a new team in the middle of the season, and especially a new country etc - it would be understandable that things won't go as smoothly in terms of the fluidity of the game as you have the language barrier, teammates don't trust you as much, you're not as assertive etc.

From the parts of the games I saw where he started, it seems just that, that he's at times skipped in the building stage of the offense - he's also not as demanding of the ball which is also natural.

Also our Primavera isn't really about having the ball and passing it around so much and tends to send those long balls to Forte/wingers and try start things from there.

I still think that the thing he will need to work on and improve moving forward is on the defensive side of the pitch. He needs to have more awareness to his tactical position - sharpen up his defensive attributes in terms of breaking up plays and winning back the ball.

It's not that he's a liability or anything, but still that's where i'd say an improvement is needed.

---------- Post added at 12:44 ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 ----------

The guy I would say reminds of Motta the most in our Primavera is Benassi. He has a much better and more felt presence in the midfield to me(defensively) - Olsen doesn't yet imo.

.h.
30 Sep 12, 12:49
yes, the motta comparison is bang on the one i wanted to make for benassi, just couldnt put a player to the idea.

i agree, but i dont understand why that's what we do with the primavera.

we have some great ball playing midfielders...

you could easily set up;

... benassi

olsen .... del piero

....... acampora ........

...forte ......... garritano

play it direct, to the feet, and not fucking long ball. we could have a great team there. i dont see why we dont do that, ffs

Fitzy
30 Sep 12, 16:43
Lets hope some of these deeper mids coming through can cut it later on... because we need something in midfield... from somewhere.....

stanko 05
30 Sep 12, 16:50
I would say that Benassi, if only for his size and shooting ability alone, has a pretty good chance to become a solid Serie A player.

Might not happen in Inter, but surely somewhere else.

PazzaInterAmala4
09 Oct 12, 14:44
Because I am Danish, I have kwown about Patrick Olsen for some years now. He is without doubt one of the biggest Danish talents at the moment, and we have made a great signing with him. We got him for almost a piece of candy, and I know that many Brøndby supporters expected the club to sell him for many millions in few years. So we signed him just at the right time. I promise you that within a few years, you will all be excited about him, because he is very gifted. He just needs some time to adjust to the Italian life and football, then he will become very important for the First Team, believe me!

Fapuccino
09 Oct 12, 15:50
Because I am Danish, I have kwown about Patrick Olsen for some years now. He is without doubt one of the biggest Danish talents at the moment, and we have made a great signing with him. We got him for almost a piece of candy, and I know that many Brøndby supporters expected the club to sell him for many millions in few years. So we signed him just at the right time. I promise you that within a few years, you will all be excited about him, because he is very gifted. He just needs some time to adjust to the Italian life and football, then he will become very important for the First Team, believe me!

I believe you

Kraits
10 Oct 12, 01:05
Mentality is the important thing for all youngsters... Hope he has a great deal of it..

.h.
16 Oct 12, 17:27
not featuring for danish u21 team today

Kakaroto
07 Dec 12, 21:45
He has been playing for the U-19 and played a full 90 the last game they played on Nov 26, a 3-0 win over Finland. They are through to the next round winning all their games.

BTW I don't know if this has been posted before but he's not just some random prospect picked from a YouTube video. He was selected as one of the prospects to watch by UEFA.COM from the U-17 Finals:

Patrick Olsen (midfielder, Denmark)
Viktor Fischer, soon to be an AFC Ajax player, may often have stolen the headlines, but Brøndby IF prospect Olsen played an understated yet pivotal role for Denmark, always showing great calmness on the ball alongside Christian Nørgaard.

Link (http://www.uefa.com/under17/news/newsid=1630877.html)

Edit: I just went through the thread and found that people already knew a lot about him. I remembered some making a joke about his YouTube video for some reason.

Rosenvold
20 Mar 13, 09:08
I went to a coaching seminar with the Danish Under-19's Coach, Thomas Frank, and had a chance to ask him about our Danish Primavera-players. He was very impressed with how Patrick had taken on the challenge of a new country and how well he had performed in one of the World's best Under-19's teams. He is a very strong and determined player mentally, which can often be a flaw with Danish players, who are often more friendly and conflict-avoiding. Patrick is seen as one of the brigthest players in an extremely good Under-19's generation including Fischer and Andersen of Ajax, Laursen of Juventus and Nørgaard of Hamburg.

Do you think Patrick will go out on loan next season? I guess he should still be eligible for the Primavera, but perhaps he already has Serie B quality.

(I should add that Thomas Frank was also the co-commentator during Inter-Tottenham on Danish TV and actually repeated the praise for Inter's youth work, just for the record)

eminter25391
20 Mar 13, 10:56
I went to a coaching seminar with the Danish Under-19's Coach, Thomas Frank, and had a chance to ask him about our Danish Primavera-players. He was very impressed with how Patrick had taken on the challenge of a new country and how well he had performed in one of the World's best Under-19's teams. He is a very strong and determined player mentally, which can often be a flaw with Danish players, who are often more friendly and conflict-avoiding. Patrick is seen as one of the brigthest players in an extremely good Under-19's generation including Fischer and Andersen of Ajax, Laursen of Juventus and Nørgaard of Hamburg.

Do you think Patrick will go out on loan next season? I guess he should still be eligible for the Primavera, but perhaps he already has Serie B quality.

(I should add that Thomas Frank was also the co-commentator during Inter-Tottenham on Danish TV and actually repeated the praise for Inter's youth work, just for the record)

Did you ask him about Morten Knudsen too?

Kakaroto
20 Mar 13, 13:52
I think he'll train with the 1st team in the pre-season and from there decide if they gonna loan him. He has been in training with the 1st team regularly now.

J..
20 Mar 13, 17:55
As a danish footballer it really can't get any worse than this. 33 sec.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7KN_Y3IAqw

Rosenvold
20 Mar 13, 22:10
Did you ask him about Morten Knudsen too?

Well yes and no. Thomas Frank had both Olsen and Knudsen on the Under 17s squad, but Knudsen is from 1995 and thus a bit young for the Under 19s squad, because the 1994 vintage is considered quite extra-ordinary by Danish standards.

SlumDog
03 May 13, 00:34
Im from Denmark and i know Patrick personally. Trust The boy will do everything to succed here! Im sure he will be great one Day :)

homaru
03 May 13, 22:11
ROFL :awwyeah:

Fapuccino
03 May 13, 22:35
Im from Denmark and i know Patrick personally. Trust The boy will do everything to succed here! Im sure he will be great one Day :)

Im from Argentina and I know Schelotto personally. He goes to bed weeping when he reads the comments on this forum. So...you know....stop it....

SlumDog
03 May 13, 22:42
Someone's cranky ..

Fapuccino
04 May 13, 20:24
Someone's cranky ..

Lmao, I was joking. I feel like people take me seriously when 90% of my posts are trolls.

Btw, how do you know him?

Guney
07 May 13, 23:19
He compares himself to Zlatan and Cristiano, because he's a warrior. Damn it's been ages since we had a player with this kinda passion. So excited to see him play :datass:

thatdude
07 May 13, 23:21
Cristiano a warrior. :yao:

Warrior princess.

.h.
07 May 13, 23:36
ginger :yao:

Earth
07 May 13, 23:46
Browha, what position is this guy playing at primavera?

Also, our primavera is a midfielder factory lately lol

.h.
07 May 13, 23:49
he's a CM/AMC. Mainly CM of late. Think of him as a bit of a Xavi - great on the ball, great vision.

Tsuna
08 May 13, 01:02
im guessing this kid is gonna play 1 minute on the laast game of the season

homaru
08 May 13, 01:14
he's a CM/AMC. Mainly CM of late. Think of him as a bit of a Xavi - great on the ball, great vision.
Good! Xavi is my fav player of all time!

Raul Duke
08 May 13, 08:23
Good! Xavi is my fav player of all time!

Permaban please

Visca
08 May 13, 08:34
Permaban please

You wanna ban me too :okay:

Raul Duke
08 May 13, 08:42
You wanna ban me too :okay:

I've given up trying to get you banned :P

J..
08 May 13, 12:16
The kid has today told a danish newsmedia that if he doesn't get any playingtime on the field in the next season then he rather wants to get loaned out to an another club. It must be in the interest for the club as well.

homaru
08 May 13, 14:17
Permaban please
why should i get banned????????????

Ffi201zi002tlis
08 May 13, 15:57
ask Xavi :disgustedyao:

Visca
08 May 13, 18:44

Most everyone here hates Xavi, except for me, but I've got immunity by now :awyeah:

or something like that

homaru
09 May 13, 01:38
Most everyone here hates Xavi, except for me, but I've got immunity by now :awyeah:

or something like that
I hate barca but admire and respect one of their players, whats wrong with that?

Ffi201zi002tlis
09 May 13, 01:49
I hate barca but admire and respect one of their players, whats wrong with that?
It's all wrong dude. Farca players :disgustedyao: Valdes :disgustedyao: Xavi :disgustedyao::disgustedyao::disgustedyao: Busquets :disgustedyao::disgustedyao::disgustedyao::disgust edyao: Alves :disgustedyao::disgustedyao::disgustedyao::disgust edyao: oh my, I cant type anymore, it's just :disgustedyao:

Raul Duke
09 May 13, 03:38

To admire Messi, Iniesta, Villa or someone is fine. But Xavi is easly one if the biggest pieces of shits in football. I have nevet seen a bigger sore loser. After every fucking loss he's says something along the lines of "they didn't deserve to win, they should feel ashamed of themselves, how dare they defend, defending is anti-football"

qb4ever_2k
09 May 13, 11:27
To admire Messi, Iniesta, Villa or someone is fine. But Xavi is easly one if the biggest pieces of shits football. I have nevet seen a bigger sore loser. After every fucking loss he's says something along the lines of "they didn't deserve to win, they should feel ashamed of themselves, how dare they defend, defending is anti-football"

You forgot his we-dominated-possesion part :lol:

homaru
09 May 13, 13:19
It's all wrong dude. Farca players :disgustedyao: Valdes :disgustedyao: Xavi :disgustedyao::disgustedyao::disgustedyao: Busquets :disgustedyao::disgustedyao::disgustedyao::disgust edyao: Alves :disgustedyao::disgustedyao::disgustedyao::disgust edyao: oh my, I cant type anymore, it's just :disgustedyao:
I hate all of them except Xavi and Iniesta, and also Messi when he plays for Argentina.

.h.
20 May 13, 11:00
So apparently some drama...
Olsen is pissed off he didnt debut - because apparently there are non-playing reasons for it - we have to pay Brondby 500k if he debuted before the end of the season.

If this is true, that's pathetic by our management - and its exactly the sort of mismanagement that results in young players wanting to leave.

Hasan
20 May 13, 11:17
I wouldn't be surprised if that is true. Strama is Branca's and Moratti's biatch and will do anything just to stay on the bench.

Pimpin
20 May 13, 11:24
how pathetic are we :palm:?

Sokrates
20 May 13, 11:36
Well 500k isn't nothing. Olsen should shut the fuck up and not act like a superstar.

Wallace
20 May 13, 11:39
Let him leave, who does he think he is?

Players with such ego like Balotelli and Arnautovic, shall never be associated with a team of saints like ours. Yes, they have talent, but our players have great talent and great attitude, raw talents don't qualify.

If anything, this guy is probably just another Christoph Knausmuller.

Guney
20 May 13, 12:03
So fucking pissed that he didn't get his debut -_-. Why didn't Inter loan him to a serie B club like Novara so he could get SOME playing time. Now we have to pull out another 500k out of Branca's ass. Doesnt matter though, he would have bought another Rocchi with that money.

.h.
20 May 13, 12:20
I'm not sure if you're trolling or not, Wallace, but here we go

There's a difference between "I'm bigger than the club" and "Apparently there are economic reasons I couldn't debut". If we are influencing coach's decisions because of financial reasons, that's also very worrying.

Moreover, I dont think this is an attitude problem - he's certainly entitled to be pissed off he didnt play because of that. We've already shown a lot of faith in him - in having spent 800k euros on him already - and he was UEFA's best U17 player a couple of seasons ago.

Pajo
20 May 13, 13:27
What's so important anyway? 15-20 minutes of first team football is important to Olsen? Wouldn't mean SHIT for him or the team, bar maybe personal feelings.

I would've done the same, if i didn't plan to play him :D 500k in wain for some boys feelings. Bullshit, he, and you are overacting.

Even Benassi didn't get chances while half of the midfield is injured ffs, you really believe that's why Olsen didnt debut? :lol:

.h.
20 May 13, 13:40
I believe it probably has a large impact. We're completely fucking tight on money, and to be honest, Olsen's been more impressive than Benassi for the youth team this year.

junior55
20 May 13, 15:42
I do believe that those 500k were the reason of him not getting his debut but anyway i can understand it.

It's not that we lacked in creativity in midfield and didn't give a chance to Olsen. He wouldn't have got any secure place in the first team with Kuzmanovic and Kovacic there, so paying 500k just to give this boy the joy of 1st team action for some minutes wouldn't have any sense.

This was his 1st year with inter so he must be patient . He will have all summer to convince the new coach(hopefully , and hopefully not mazzari :P) that he deserves to be part of the 1st team roster and if that happens no one will mind to pay those 500k .

interista4
20 May 13, 16:44
I'm not sure if you're trolling or not, Wallace, but here we go

:serious:

Toninu
20 May 13, 17:38
Meh I'd be worried if he'd complain because he doesn't want to play.

Ojap
30 May 13, 19:33
He was not allowed to play today in Denmark 4-1 win against Germany in a U19 friendly. Apparently the danish football association had banned him for 2 games for some reason i couldnt find out...

Not sure how much you should put into that though.

Inter Siamo Noi
30 May 13, 20:28
http://www.jv.dk/artikel/1579650:Sport--Derfor-fik-Patrick-Olsen-landsholdskarantaene

- He stepped over some internal rules, when we were in France last (at the end of March, ed.). It's not about drinking or city tours. I can make this very clear. We had some internal rules that players should be in the hotel, and there he was outside the hotel. But I can make it absolutely clear that there was no alcohol, drinking or anything, explains Thomas Frank.
- We fully clarified Patrick and me. We are looking forward already. He is one of the best players, and therefore he is in this squad, says Thomas Frank.

SlumDog
29 Jun 13, 01:11
Browha, do you know What will happen to Olsen next season? Will he be Loaned?

.h.
29 Jun 13, 09:44
Almost definitely a loan, but nothing official yet. Probably get evaluated in Pinzolo first.

SlumDog
29 Jun 13, 10:26
Great. A loan will do him good. Just like Duncan.

Fitzy
29 Jun 13, 16:47
Almost definitely a loan, but nothing official yet. Probably get evaluated in Pinzolo first.

Thanks Morattowha.

Jane The Virgin
11 Jul 13, 14:06
This soulless fella is getting my fav player just watching him run :D

sick ginger hair!

- - - Updated - - -

Knudsen, i was thinking about knudsen :D

Tooz.9
22 Jul 13, 16:59
I've been hearing he has done reasonably well in in Pinzolo?, but he isnt listed in the first team. So when will they decide where Olsen will go? leave or loan or co-own?

Raul Duke
02 Aug 13, 05:21
Olsen looked very good from the 15mins or so he was on the pitch. Don't know how good his defensive side is but he was very good at finding space for himself, demanding the ball, had quick and accurate distribution.

Starmo4
02 Aug 13, 07:42
Kids cant find space for playing becouse cuchu has to play... I bet if olsen played from the start he would played better game then our argie leader

nurko
02 Aug 13, 08:01
Mazzarri is a reasonable person...Cambiasso won't play if he continues like this.

On the other hand, I'm hlad to hear Olsen played well.

adiK
02 Aug 13, 09:39
Mazzarri was impressed by him. Nice, give the guy more playing time, tie Cambiasso to the bench and we are good.

rfU
02 Aug 13, 11:04
even if this guy plays dreadful I want him playing over cambiasso. At least he can get better. stick a fork in Cuchu coz he's done! And that was two seasons ago.

Inter Siamo Noi
02 Aug 13, 12:13
He was impressive in every friendly game till now. Always available to get a pass, made some nice tackles, has good passing ability.

MUST start against Valencia, right now he's our best DM.

Bzzlightyear
02 Aug 13, 12:30
even if this guy plays dreadful I want him playing over cambiasso. At least he can get better. stick a fork in Cuchu coz he's done! And that was two seasons ago.

To be honest i never say bad things about our player, but have to admit he is done he slows us down so much he is making inter look bad, its not a jocke and its really bad for the future for the young players such as Olsen to develop, but sadly he does have a grib in the training ground some sort of favor over others and its wrong, and he have to step out otherwise we will not be able to compete anything next seaon.

thatdude
02 Aug 13, 12:43
He was impressive in every friendly game till now. Always available to get a pass, made some nice tackles, has good passing ability.

MUST start against Valencia, right now he's our best DM.

He is not our best DM because he's not a DM. Not even close.

People just aren't used to CM's who can actually pass and put a tackle in here and there. Can't say I blame you we haven't had one since Motta.

Inter Siamo Noi
02 Aug 13, 13:13
Are you sure he is'nt a DM? when he entered he always played behind the other midfielders, and I also remember that in the primavera he mainly played as one of the 2 midfielders in a 4-2-3-1.

thatdude
02 Aug 13, 14:19
He's a pure CM. He is playing a deeper position because that what the formation called for. He did play as part of the 2 in Primavera but he wasn't the destroyer. We didn't really play a DM this year. Think of him like Motta not DM but holding midfielder who can pass from deep.

Cal
02 Aug 13, 15:47
CM or DM is arbitrary, fact is they will occupy the same slot in the formation. Essentially, our only DM at the moment is Mudingayi.

I agree though. Olsen deserves to start the next few friendlies and we'll see how it goes.

Kakaroto
02 Aug 13, 17:26
Too bad it was said Mazzarri was "I bang grannies....teens go away" in regards to youth.

Kakaroto
07 Aug 13, 00:50
I hope they follow this kid's progress. I'm not saying he needs to bet starter or super sub or whatever but for once follow his progress and give him some minutes.

Idriss Simon
07 Aug 13, 01:04
I definitely agree... He got potential and looks ready. Some minutes in Serie A will definitely help his progression.

Wallace
07 Aug 13, 01:23
Giving minutes to youth isnt exactly on the agenda of Mazzarri.

Once the results dont matter anymore, I.e. we have won the Scudetto with ten games left, then we will see them on the field.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

interista4
07 Aug 13, 01:43
You're on fire today Wallace :lol:

DARi0
07 Aug 13, 01:57
Saw the kid play quite a few times with the Dane U-17 team, in both the European and World cup U-17 tournaments.

He was, in my opinion, one of the standout midfielders in the entire tournaments - in the World cup a little less - but in the Euros he was just fantastic.

He's pretty physical, kinda slow and heavy at times, but he's a type of player that always thinks even when he's not with the ball. He always likes the ball in his feet to dictate the game and control it - he was very good and I remember being impressed with how he always makes himself available for the pass, move to a new position to receive it after making the easy pass, helping the game flow so well.
He reads the game very well, and is so calm on the ball and handles it with ease that was impressed to see from a then 16 year old kid. Really plays beyond his years.

Both him and his counterpart, Christian Norgaard(another good player on his own right - I don't know if someone bought him though I assume they did - but if not then he should absolutely be the next target for us and would be a welcomed cheap addition), were very tidy players and moved the ball extremely well with great technique especially with the ball close to their feet.

Question mark regarding him would be if he can show a little more commitment on the defensive side of the pitch - I mean when a player is close to his he would try to get the ball back with his strength and isn't afraid to slide to a tackle - but if my memory serves me right, and it's been a while since I saw him - he's not that super energetic type who will chase players down and could appear lazy at times.

He's absolutely a first team player talent in my opinion, and he's one of the few in our Primavera I expect to make the jump.
His passing ability and the way he organizes the game were brilliant for a kid his age - lack of speed is annoying, but his physical attributes make up for it.

It's a shame we didn't act on both him, Christian Norgaard, and especially his then teammate Viktor Fischer right after the U-17 Euros. Fischer was snapped up by Ajax, and he is just an amazing footballer that will be worth alot of money in the not so far future.

I'm sure we could have picked Fischer then very cheaply - now the next time he'll be sold it will be surely for above 10 million euro, if not more.
Great post, you nailed it 1 year ago man!

Seems like he is motivated to also improve on his defensive and ball recovering skills. I can understand why Mazzarri likes Olsen, he is very very mature for his age and I believe he should be retained in our 1st squad for the entire season.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BQwbjWZCUAAVOoK.jpg
Duncan, Mbaye & Olsen hanging out in NYC.

I believe he has everything it takes to succeed - skill, build and AMBITION. Good luck Patrick :proud:

homaru
07 Aug 13, 02:08
Olsen scored his penalty against rube in the Champions Cup today.

Djorkaeff6
07 Aug 13, 02:09
Agreed. I really like what I've seen from Olsen and would happily see him on our first team squad this year.

Unfortunately, we know how much Mazzari doesn't like giving young players too many chances...

interista4
07 Aug 13, 02:23
He looks 20 years younger in this pic.. wtf lol

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. I really like what I've seen from Olsen and would happily see him on our first team squad this year.

Unfortunately, we know how much Mazzari doesn't like giving young players too many chances...

It's a myth. How old was Hamsik when he picked him for the line-up for the first time? (I'm just wondering). Also Insigne got more minutes than all of our youngsters combined last season.

thatdude
07 Aug 13, 03:07
Pretty sure Hamsik was 22.

DARi0
07 Aug 13, 05:40
Olsen scored his penalty against rube in the Champions Cup today.

I know man, I stayed up all night to see the game. :datass: Not only he scored, he did it in a very arrogant manner - passing the ball in the middle of the goal and making gestures afterwards to the crowd (shutting down those juBentus fans LOL). He surely does not lack ambition and determination.

I like his MOVEMENT on the field [something new given the fact that we're used to STATIC midfielders], he always knows what to do and acts quickly. He is a kind of a regista but he's also improving his defensive skills.

I feel he could be our Jolly-Joker player if kept, he is skilled and very mature for his age. I believe he can contribute, especially that we are short on transfer money. I would sell Kuzmanovic and keep Olsen in the 1st team squad.

Pajo
07 Aug 13, 06:17
Let's start overrate our youth again :D

The guy has potential, it's obvious. Just like Duncan, Obi, Benassi... But he is far from "class", "great" or attributes like that. He has the passing, the mentality (at least from these pre-season friendlies), but his decision making is still poor, often tries to chase players he shouldn'e have, tries some unreasonable shots from distance, has poor defensive positioning and stuff like that.

Long way to go. Is it worth giving him chances? Sure. Should we expect much? Definitely not. Duncan atm is way more ready and better player.

Starmo4
07 Aug 13, 08:45
u are right pajo ..

he did good last night,nice pressing and nice passing... but we should not raise him to the stars like we did with benassi and other kids...

.h.
07 Aug 13, 09:58
Yep
we overrate all our young players

which is why now 2 of them are in Serie A with Livorno, another 3 are at other Serie A teams, another is playing in the CL, another is playing in a German team ~comparable to Inter last season, and we're about to loan 3-4 more to a Serie A side.

If they're playing at Serie A level and we're overrating them, I'd love to know what people actually think they are? Better than Messi or something?

Cal
07 Aug 13, 11:25
Personally I like Olsen over Benassi from what Ive seen of them. Seems more mature and confident.

chipschups
07 Aug 13, 11:45
http://cdn.kaskus.com/images/2013/08/07/563038_20130807050515.jpg

move this thread to Player section,,
he have guts to be juve haters..

thatdude
07 Aug 13, 12:02
Personally I like Olsen over Benassi from what Ive seen of them. Seems more mature and confident.

I've been thinking about this. Benassi and Olsen are obviously quite similar in position and attributes, however Olsen seems to have the edge in mentality. It's to early to say though, just because Olsen riles up the crowd, while Benassi goes about his job quietly doesn't mean he's lacking confidence. Not to mention this is preseason and Benassi did it in Serie A, Coppa Italia, and Europa league.

I'll be interested to see what the clubs plans for Olsen are. I would love to see him given a chance in the first team. Between Olsen, Benassi and Cristeg you would think we can get at least one solid passing midfielder out of our youth academy.

interista4
07 Aug 13, 12:47
Yep
we overrate all our young players

which is why now 2 of them are in Serie A with Livorno, another 3 are at other Serie A teams, another is playing in the CL, another is playing in a German team ~comparable to Inter last season, and we're about to loan 3-4 more to a Serie A side.

If they're playing at Serie A level and we're overrating them, I'd love to know what people actually think they are? Better than Messi or something?

Two at CL IIRC?

homaru
07 Aug 13, 14:42
Oh, yeah, one guy who came up through our academy recently is now arguably one of the top 10 strikers in the world (Balotelli), and another is a starter for the Serie A champions and CL quarterfinalists, who lost to the eventual champions (Bonucci at rube). Our academy is, imho, one of the best in Italy and really deserves more credit.

Starmo4
07 Aug 13, 15:24
and we dont have any of them ... :einstein:

.h.
07 Aug 13, 15:25
because we overrate our youth
:yao:

JJM
07 Aug 13, 15:29
http://i.minus.com/ib10HUR9hpxZNH.gif

Starmo4
07 Aug 13, 15:40
because we overrate our youth

now for example we play last game for CL spot its the last game ... who would you play cuchu or olsen ..?

.h.
07 Aug 13, 15:50
after what I've seen of Olsen and Cambiasso in the last year?

Olsen. Easily. Cuchu is a guaranteed goal conceded.

Starmo4
07 Aug 13, 17:12
Only wenger and you would do that .... no other coach in this world would make that move!! Fans do that moves , but put your self in coach position,olsen played one decent half and Im glad just as you do.. but man comoneeeeeeee, olsen over cuchu !! LAST GAME ,CL SPOT,FINAL,SCUDETO GAME ...

thatdude
07 Aug 13, 17:19
It's very easy for us armchair coaches to sit and say what we would do but it's not us risking millions in contract money over a game. Until Moratti shows that trusting youth and all the bad that comes with it will not end up in a coach getting the sack we will never see bravery. Until than its better to play it safe with Cuchu even if you think Olsen might play better, because if you lose at least you can save face. Starting Olsen in a big game like that and having him flop would be suicide.

.h.
07 Aug 13, 17:37
Maybe... but the question was what would i do
:)

Matrix_invincible
07 Aug 13, 17:38
Only wenger and you would do that .... no other coach in this world would make that move!! Fans do that moves , but put your self in coach position,olsen played one decent half and Im glad just as you do.. but man comoneeeeeeee, olsen over cuchu !! LAST GAME ,CL SPOT,FINAL,SCUDETO GAME ...

Yeah if he plays Cambiasso he could tell Moratti that he didnt have a better one... if he plays Olson he has little excuses..

ChillBro
07 Aug 13, 17:43
Just because cambiasso is struggling, doesn't mean we have to overrate olsen to starter status. Cambiasso can be bad but still better on any given day that olsen. There is no one who, if they had to win one game, even right now, start olsen over cambiasso. I see the argument that over the course of the season, olsen should be given more playing time.

sollie
07 Aug 13, 17:55
Maybe not Olsen, but certainly Duncan. I certainly think Duncan is at this moment better than Cambiasso. We are never gonna know if these young players are good enough until he give them a proper chance.

Im sure since these are friendly this is where you want to give some experience to your young players, rather than subbing them in and expecting something special when you are a few goals down in a competitive match.

Toninu
07 Aug 13, 18:11
Tbh I never was impressed that much by Benassi last season but it's impossible to look good in the awful team we were last season. Now Olsen seems like a very mature player for his age (even though his face looks like he's 50 so there must be something wrong), this guy seems to excel in the role we threw Kovacic in last year and I think he's more adapt to play there. Maybe with Olsen we won't need a destroyed because with the likes of Olsen and Kovacic on the pitch we won't lose possession as much and plus we're already playing 5 defenders so we are already risking being too defensive.

Inter Siamo Noi
08 Aug 13, 10:21
his decision making is still poor, often tries to chase players he shouldn'e have, tries some unreasonable shots from distance, has poor defensive positioning and stuff like that.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/s320x320/16028_546493438714117_1655734562_n.jpg
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/s320x320/16028_546493438714117_1655734562_n.jpg
http://www.sportcafe24.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/18634416_inter-paolillo-su-guarin-pu-fare-la-differenza-1.jpg

So if that's his skills... I guess Olsen can be vice-Guarin.

Wallace
08 Aug 13, 11:13
Sorry to spoil the party, but I'm going to inject some realism into you guys.

If this kid's talent isn't anywhere near Balotelli's (who's the one and only player who successfully made it through to our first team for a sustainable period of time), chances are, we won't see him anywhere near Inter in the next year or so. Yes, not even on the bench, reserve maybe.

And this means, we probably won't see him anymore unless he delivers some crazy assist or goal for the team soon enough.

Unless, we realize we're so broke that we can't sign any of Nainggolan, Taider, or even Wellington, then Olsen might still have a chance of getting some first team actions this season.

Oh, and even after scoring or assisting, if the goals and assists are not consistently delivered, you are immediately relegated to the bench until you can deliver again. The timeframe that is given to you to try and achieve that is about 5 mins before the end of the game, and sometimes that includes the added time.

Even if you manage to do all those above. If you happen to be not a saint, you will still get sold.

I realized I have just wrote the definitive guide for Inter youth. Hopefully Olsen doesnt read it or otherwise it would suddenly put an extra tonne of pressure on him.

rockball
08 Aug 13, 11:25
Giving minutes to youth isnt exactly on the agenda of Mazzarri.

Once the results dont matter anymore, I.e. we have won the Scudetto with ten games left, then we will see them on the field.

But if we have won the Scudetto with 10 games left, then we will never play the youngsters since we'll have the chance to break some points record, and Milito would have to play so he can win the top striker award, and Zanetti will have to play since he wants to break Maldini's record, and Cambiasso will have to play to show he deserves an extension where he contributed so much to a title winning team...

JJM
08 Aug 13, 11:26
^:trollol:

Wallace
08 Aug 13, 19:45
But if we have won the Scudetto with 10 games left, then we will never play the youngsters since we'll have the chance to break some points record, and Milito would have to play so he can win the top striker award, and Zanetti will have to play since he wants to break Maldini's record, and Cambiasso will have to play to show he deserves an extension where he contributed so much to a title winning team...

We always have valid reasons for anything and everything, don't we.

Kakaroto
08 Aug 13, 20:16
Livorno want him too.....:yao:

In other news lets all go support Livorno, they get it. :challenge:

Shark
08 Aug 13, 20:44
Yeah if he plays Cambiasso he could tell Moratti that he didnt have a better one... if he plays Olson he has little excuses..

Well it's not like moratti is blind or something. If he (or anyone for that matter) compared the two based on the preseason, I sure do hope he would see the obvious. Olsen>Cambi.

I get what you're saying though and I hope Moratti opens his eyes.

nurko
09 Aug 13, 07:29
So it looks like for once the 'kid with youtube video of ball juggling' is proving to be a real talent ...

Illyricum
09 Aug 13, 09:07
Livorno wants Olsen in loan.

http://www.sempreinter.com/2013/08/09/sky-livorno-wants-longo-as-well/

Good idea, he can develop in Livorno or stay in Inter and be a bench warmer.

this guy got talent and potential.

Pajo
09 Aug 13, 09:43
I guess since Duncan doesnt want to go to livorno, they turned to Olsen.

Good tbh. im gonna watch every game of theirs :D

nurko
09 Aug 13, 09:53
I guess since Duncan doesnt want to go to livorno, they turned to Olsen.

Good tbh. im gonna watch every game of theirs :D

On that topic, can we get a thread with updates on Livorno lineups/results/player-ratings when the season starts ?

I really have faith in those kids and would love to be able to follow their progress even if I am not going to be able to watch matches regularly.

Pajo
09 Aug 13, 10:16
Ask Michaer or browha for that :D

.h.
09 Aug 13, 10:24
you mean like this?
http://forzainterforums.com/showthread.php?11775-2013-2014-Serie-A-Fixtures

thatdude
09 Aug 13, 13:29
you mean like this?
http://forzainterforums.com/showthread.php?11775-2013-2014-Serie-A-Fixtures

We should almost have a separate thread just for Livorno at this point. Title it "The Livorno Experiment."

.h.
09 Aug 13, 13:35
There would be reasonable justification for it if we give them a few more players.

Just Bardi+Benassi isnt worth it, but if its a few more than that, we can start having a few guys watch their games and stuff

Hugo Boss
09 Aug 13, 15:45
Olsen: "I'm only at the start but I'm learning a lot from Inter"
To Inter Channel: "I'm happy to be able to train with the best players in Italy. I want to please Mazzarri: I need to work hard and run like crazy"

MIAMI - After his good showing against Juventus, Patrick Olsen told Inter Channel about what he is gaining from his time with the first team, and what he expects from his future.

How much of a help was it to be part of the pre-season training camp with the first team?

"I have to work hard. I want to learn from Cambiasso, do what I can in training to make the coach happy. When he picks me I have to do my job, work hard, play passes and run like crazy. This is the start of my career, I've still got a long way to go before I reach the top. I'm here for now and happy to train with the best players in the country. I'm learning and improving a lot training in a team like Inter. It's a great place to start my career."

Your preferred position on the pitch would be where Cambiasso plays then?

"Yes, that's my best position because I can dictate play with short and long passes. I can control the play and be one of the best defenders. This is the best position for me but if Mazzarri decides to put me where Kuzmanovic, Guarin, Ricky or anyone else plays, I still want to be there and do what I have to. Does Cambiasso help me? Yes, he teaches me a lot, during training sessions he tells me if it's better to run in one direction rather than standing still or something else. He helps me a lot."

What do you miss most about home in Denmark?

"I miss my mum's cooking. She makes a cracking dish called 'Frikadelle'."

What is it?

"Meat mixed with potatoes, onions and other stuff. It's hard to explain."

:yuno:
Cambiasso should be our new trainer before the season starts, he teaches anybody, from Nash to Olsen...

junior55
10 Aug 13, 20:06
Total crap today

wera
10 Aug 13, 20:08
Not total crap, but it was a nice head check for Olsen, now he knows that he has to work more and more. I'm sure he'll be a first team player in 3 years for Inter.

Kakaroto
10 Aug 13, 20:11
Shit player. Give up on him.

Inter Siamo Noi
10 Aug 13, 20:12
It is maybe not his position, when he played in Cambiasso's position he moved way more and played better.

And since playing out of poisition was used as an excuse for Cambiasso, Motta, Sneijder, Guarin, Ricky in last years I think it can be used for Olsen too.

chipschups
10 Aug 13, 20:30
What??
still acceptable performance from him,,
but after 60-70 min, he cleary exhausted and loss ball often,,
need some workload to made him play 90 min,,

JJM
10 Aug 13, 20:41
Total crap today

You posted in the wrong thread tbh.I think you mixed it with Cambiasso's :yao:

Pajo
10 Aug 13, 20:53
Nah, he is right, he was shit today. Aparat from that shot and few decent passes, all he did wsa losing the ball. But this doesnt make him less talented, it will be valuable experience, he played against very strong RM, even tho it's pre-season only.

junior55
10 Aug 13, 20:58
He was total crap , but as wera said this is the best that could happen to him.

He had bad passing, lost ball coming forward , didn't do any interception so he will learn that u can't become a done player after 2 good friendlies, much work ahead...

Shark
10 Aug 13, 21:06
The kid is 19, started playing with the first team two months ago, had is debut of almost 90mins.
And on top of that against real fucking madrid.

He didn't shine, but anyone who expected otherwise is a fool.

Give him some fking time for christ's sake

Inter Siamo Noi
10 Aug 13, 21:13
Mazzari on Olsen after today's game: "He has personality but he needs to keep his feet on the ground. some times he also makes stupid errors".

One bad game by Olsen and Mazzari with some harsh comments about him.. I just hope he can get more than 10 minutes till January.

thatdude
10 Aug 13, 21:34
I don't think those are harsh comments. Those are real comments, he is a 19 year old man not a 13 year old girl.

nurko
10 Aug 13, 22:32
Two aspects:

1. By our expectations - did not deliver.

2. By comparison with 30-something bald dude that wrote history with this team, he was decent.

chipschups
11 Aug 13, 03:40
if u compare what happen at left flank (pereira-kuzman-JJ) and right flank (jonathan-olsen-camp)
he didnt deserved to be called shit tbh,,

snake
11 Aug 13, 04:44
Lol so glad you dicks got the wake up call you needed. Not Olsen, he wasn't the one overrating himself.

Hugo Boss
11 Aug 13, 05:26
Cambiasso taught him a lot... :yao:
Well, I still believe he's a better player than he is right now, he can improve...

Jane The Virgin
11 Aug 13, 10:36
you guys should all take a chill pill.

sollie
11 Aug 13, 14:43
Yes Olsen underperformed, but do realise he was playing with Cambiasso, Kuzmanovic and Guarin in the middle. Put any top midfielder with them, and they would struggle.

It's pretty clear he needs a loan to some serie b team, or any team he will play regularly. He aint ready for Inter just yet.

stanko 05
11 Aug 13, 21:47
Didn't mind his mistakes on offense, but on defense he was a headless chicken the majority of the time.

Zero tactical awareness and positional sense - I love the attitude and the fact he's willing to put the effort, but he really went overboard there. Looked the part of a Primavera kid - hopefully a loan where his growing pains can be forgiven and still be granted playing-time will help his development.

The potential and ability is naturally there. Just need to mature, get experience, and polish some things up.

Fitzy
12 Aug 13, 00:04
Sounds like he needs a coach.

Universe
12 Aug 13, 01:20
I don't think those are harsh comments. Those are real comments, he is a 19 year old man not a 13 year old girl.

The average 19yr old footballer has the mentality of a 13 year old girl but anyways.

I4E
12 Aug 13, 01:48
The average 19yr old footballer has the mentality of a 13 year old girl but anyways.

Exactly, these 19yo footballers today are at a stage when they start experimenting with body hair removal/grooming, listening to boy bands and sending selfies to their boyfriends...

Universe
12 Aug 13, 08:59
Exactly, these 19yo footballers today are at a stage when they start experimenting with body hair removal/grooming, listening to boy bands and sending selfies to their boyfriends...

That's more or less Raul Dukes average Saturday night.

I4E
12 Aug 13, 09:09

:awyeah:

While Fitz does a 'peeping tom' ....

Raul Duke
12 Aug 13, 15:12

You're the one who asked for my selfies

ChillBro
12 Aug 13, 15:36
you guys should all take a chill pill.

Yes! Chill bros. We have to stop overrating our guys. Olsen is promising, he is good, and he deserves some good PT this season but he is not a starter...yet. Just no.

Starmo4
17 Aug 13, 21:35
Olsen was not called for tomorrows game ,and taider didnt play in todays game against brescia... There is somethnig going on for shure ...

Some co owned shit is about get happen ..

Mino
17 Aug 13, 22:10
Some co owned shit is about get happen ..

:trollol:

.h.
17 Aug 13, 22:16
you must be new around here

you think branca actually does something

chipschups
21 Aug 13, 04:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aOV8IXrJ0I&html5=1

well edited by direttainter,, yeah FIF diretta,,

Kakaroto
21 Aug 13, 05:50
I don't know why people chased Diretta away just for being unrealistically positive about the Inter transfer pans. Come back Diretta, FIF needs you.

Fitzy
21 Aug 13, 06:45
He was chased away to the psych ward.

Universe
21 Aug 13, 06:56
More specifically the football manager clinic of the psych ward

I4E
21 Aug 13, 07:43
I don't know why people chased Diretta away just for being unrealistically positive about the Inter transfer pans. Come back Diretta, FIF needs you.

Send him an email to return to FIF... Also, reassure him that Uni was just joking when he threatened to lock him in his basement and experiment with various garden tools on him...

Dylan
22 Aug 13, 01:16
There not experiments when you know exactly what's going to happen.

javier_zanetti <3
31 Aug 13, 10:52
TS: Mazzarri wants Olsen to stay.

Hope that for the first time ever TS is right.

adiK
31 Aug 13, 13:37
He always praised him, so that could be true. Although once he called him stupid but that's Mazza style of motivation :D

JJM
12 Oct 13, 17:39
Kid will be awesome one day me thinks but if Walt won't play him he needs a loan to a Serie B club who fights for promotion to get the much needed time on the pitch and not be here stuck between the Primavera and first squad

xik
12 Oct 13, 18:50
Few days ago, he was named as one the ''40 best young players in Europe'', by the newspaper, Corriere dello Sport. Kovacic also appears on the list.

http://www.direttanews.it/2013/10/09/calciomercato-ecco-i-40-migliori-giovani-deuropa/

Guney
14 Oct 13, 14:08
he is 19, named one of the best young players of Europe by a newspaper and yet has to make his debut in an official match.

way to go Inter :palm:

Fitzy
14 Oct 13, 23:08
he is 19, named one of the best young players of Europe by a newspaper and yet has to make his debut in an official match.

way to go Inter :palm:

Every time I've seen him play he's been solid. But nah, lets let Fredy play and put on a clinic in fucking up simple passes.

I just hope he's not used as a bargaining chip for some average player, and gets a loan to a decent club to develop.

wera
14 Oct 13, 23:37
at least he played the friendly and scored from a shot that was deflected

would never score a goal like that in Serie A, but he shows hunger

Toninu
15 Oct 13, 22:53
Deflected goal > shoving it into row Z tbh :P

wera
16 Oct 13, 00:13
yeah but you don't believe he is actually good enough to play infront of Guarin, Kova or Taider?

but maybe he should get loaned for a half of season

Ed.
16 Oct 13, 00:24
He refused to be loaned out. He should have agreed to it.

wera
16 Oct 13, 00:57
Oh, he probably thought he would play more :D

guess he don't know Mazzarri

pencilpal
16 Oct 13, 01:33
It's been really disappointing to see him continually on the bench. He has talent, and the club has to put in the initiative to nurture it.

If he was never in Mazzarri's plans, then we should've loaned him out instead of leaving him to rot on the bench.

Hopefully both him and Kovacic can get more minutes on the pitch in the future, and the likes of Guarin and Cambiasso can be gradually moved onto the bench.

Raul Duke
16 Oct 13, 02:59
Are you people serious? Seven games in and you expected this kid to start?

Wallace
16 Oct 13, 03:02
The keyword is gradually.

English 101.

Rosenvold
16 Oct 13, 07:46
Patrick was not included in the latest Danish Under-21s, which was a bit surprising. Last national break, he was already speaking about taking the step up to the A team, but as mentioned before he has had issues with the Danish FA management due to his behavior off the pitch.

Patrick currently stands in the shadow of another young, creative MC, Pierre-Emil Højbjerg, who is from 1995 and actually had more playing time for his club - even though that club is FC Bayern! Patrick recently told the Danish press that he himself refused a loan move to Brescia because he liked to do things the hard way sometimes - and that he wanted to work his way into the Inter squad.

I still fear that he is hindered by the fact that we have to pay his former club Brøndby ½ million € when Patrick gets his debut. It is a terrible clause to have in a young players contract, but on the other hand it should be peanuts for Inter if we really believe in Patrick.

crepi
19 Oct 13, 23:09
Patrick currently stands in the shadow of another young, creative MC, Pierre-Emil Højbjerg, who is from 1995 and actually had more playing time for his club - even though that club is FC Bayern!

The benefit of reserve teams playing in professional leagues vs. only having a youth team.

Jane The Virgin
20 Oct 13, 00:06
If Serie B were to accept the strongest primavera teams that would be the best freaking possible scenario for us...

the talent that we waste each and every year is over 9000.

Wobblz
02 Nov 13, 10:09
Arsenal are once again linked with him and our asking price is what.... 8 fucking mill.

Devious
02 Nov 13, 15:54
Patrick was not included in the latest Danish Under-21s, which was a bit surprising. Last national break, he was already speaking about taking the step up to the A team, but as mentioned before he has had issues with the Danish FA management due to his behavior off the pitch.

Patrick currently stands in the shadow of another young, creative MC, Pierre-Emil Højbjerg, who is from 1995 and actually had more playing time for his club - even though that club is FC Bayern! Patrick recently told the Danish press that he himself refused a loan move to Brescia because he liked to do things the hard way sometimes - and that he wanted to work his way into the Inter squad.

I still fear that he is hindered by the fact that we have to pay his former club Brøndby ½ million € when Patrick gets his debut. It is a terrible clause to have in a young players contract, but on the other hand it should be peanuts for Inter if we really believe in Patrick.

Just a question mate, how do you spell the ø in Højbjerg? and if the j is silent, why you sick people put it every-fucken-where?

Thanks.

wera
02 Nov 13, 16:36
it's probably similiar to the u umlaut - ü

at least that's how I hear it when they say it

Fitzy
02 Nov 13, 17:19
Sell him... If only Arsenal are interested he mustn't be any good.

Black&Blue
02 Nov 13, 18:59
Sell him... If only Arsenal are interested he mustn't be any good.

well,we might offer a swap between Olsen - Ramsey:awyeah:

Kakaroto
02 Nov 13, 19:32
Arsenal are once again linked with him and our asking price is what.... 8 fucking mill.

Finally the opportunity Inter have been waiting for to get rid of him. Has been too much of burden.

Pimpin
02 Nov 13, 19:38
we have to finance the boriello deal somehow..

hate it had to be him

Pajo
09 Dec 13, 02:34
He is shit, let's sell him!

nurko
11 Jan 14, 09:13
Alllegedly he could be leaving on loan to Greece. Not a bad move if he is going to play.

Dylan
11 Jan 14, 10:23
Find it hard to believe nobody in Italy would take him on loan. Caldirola, Bessa, Olsen, Coutinho all loaned abroad. Probably more. How many other teams do this?

geva
01 Feb 14, 12:43
why is he still here? fucking kuzmanovic played before him, so now with hernanes...

Tsuna
01 Feb 14, 12:56
is he dead? he played like 3 games for the primavera b team

ScottishInterista
01 Feb 14, 20:44
is he dead? he played like 3 games for the primavera b team

Didn't realised we loaned him to Livorno Primavera

Black&Blue
01 Feb 14, 20:47
why is he still here? fucking kuzmanovic played before him, so now with hernanes...

Apparently he refused to go to Panathinaikos...

Guney
07 Feb 14, 20:33
For any Olsen fans, he is doing a giveaway of his jersey on instagram, and all you have to do is like post his picture.

Nyall
07 Feb 14, 22:27
If this kid wants to ever make it in the football, he needs to leave. This club and this coach is poison to youngsters.

thatdude
07 Feb 14, 23:53
What's even going on with him? He even apart of the first team anymore?

Hugo Boss
08 Feb 14, 04:25
What's even going on with him? He even apart of the first team anymore?

You know Mazzarri, He's apparently still in the first team squad, but he never ever gonna play under Mazzarri.. And with Hernanes on board, you can say bye bye to this kid...

ScottishInterista
08 Feb 14, 07:44
Can't we just put him back in the primavera or is that not possible?

Nyall
08 Feb 14, 14:47
It's fully possible, but with 12 man benches.. He's probably just being called up to fill the quota.

JJM
08 Feb 14, 17:05
Since the mercato is still open in Norway...he could be on his way to Strømsgodset on loan ofc...not offical yet but Patrick and his agent after speaking with the Norwegain club and their coach seem convinced to move there!

crzdcolombian
09 Feb 14, 01:21
wouldn't sending him to 2nd division Italy been a better move? All I know about Norway is that is where MLS guys go haha. Never hear about that league other than that.

francesco
09 Feb 14, 01:51
wouldn't sending him to 2nd division Italy been a better move? All I know about Norway is that is where MLS guys go haha. Never hear about that league other than that.

transfer window is closed already

Sokrates
09 Feb 14, 12:10
http://www.fcinter1908.it/copertina/ufficiale-olsen-passa-allo-stramsgodset-la-formula-104956

OFFICIAL - OLSEN ON LOAN TO STROMSGODSET TILL NOVEMBER 2014

http://net-storage.tccstatic.com/storage/fcinter1908.it/img_notizie/thumb3/f637c8eb7bbd6c425c8a575c049040a7-41176-d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e.jpg

Didn't know that David Coulthard works there... :yao:

Hugo Boss
11 Feb 14, 01:16
Nobody move this thread!?

nurko
11 Feb 14, 15:14
Patrick Olsen leaves Inter Milan. The Danish midfielder arrived yesterday, as written by Fcinter1908.it, Drammen with his girlfriend, her parents and her agent.

His girl got an agent....must be a model.

Karamja
11 Feb 14, 16:07
I guess you used Google Translate or something because he arrived with his parents and agent.

Here he is with his parents and girlfriend :)

http://distilleryimage1.ak.instagram.com/20f66fec923811e38c9712de8c4eb675_8.jpg

She could still be a model though, idk :d

http://distilleryimage7.ak.instagram.com/a9b4bdae4b6911e390c1121497f657e7_8.jpg

.h.
11 Feb 14, 17:30
is the one on the right or the left his girlfriend?

you never know

Kenny
11 Feb 14, 20:52
I can't even spell this clubs name.

thatdude
12 Mar 14, 01:59
This guy getting any playing time?

RobinV
12 Mar 14, 08:02
The season has not started in Norway.

nurko
12 Mar 14, 10:08
It could turn out to be quite good that he plays there entire season and then come back to Inter in November as the season ends. He can be properly evaluated until January whether he is ready for Inter or another loan.

Wallace
12 Mar 14, 10:09
Why Norway?

I would prefer him to be in Livorno instead, at least he gets to play in a competitive league.

nurko
12 Mar 14, 10:25
Why Norway?

I would prefer him to be in Livorno instead, at least he gets to play in a competitive league.

I guess it seemed like a good option after he turned down other clubs, it's his hometown if I am not mistaken.

RobinV
12 Mar 14, 10:37
He is from Copenhagen in Denmark, not Drammen in Norway :) I am also curious of why he chose a norwegian team. Strømsgodset are the last years champions and they do play attacking football, so thats good. The last couple of years they have been loaning several youth players from Man City like Mohammed Abu, Bismark Adjei-Boateng and Abdisalam Ibrahim.

nurko
12 Mar 14, 10:55
He is from Copenhagen in Denmark, not Drammen in Norway :) I am also curious of why he chose a norwegian team. Strømsgodset are the last years champions and they do play attacking football, so thats good. The last couple of years they have been loaning several youth players from Man City like Mohammed Abu, Bismark Adjei-Boateng and Abdisalam Ibrahim.

Man, how far I've missed that like a Guarin shot, dunno why I thought so, perhaps because of his parents and girlfriend going with him ..

Wallace
13 Mar 14, 06:03
Man, how far I've missed that like a Guarin shot, dunno why I thought so

Maybe you can ask Guarin.

pencilpal
14 Mar 14, 20:39
He seemed really impressive in preseason (disappointed he didn't get many chances with the first team tbh), but surely he could've been loaned out to a more demanding league (no offence to the Norwegians on the forum ofc).

Illyricum
16 Mar 14, 19:35
What's new with this kid ? Is he playing any min ?

.h.
16 Mar 14, 19:39
season hasnt started yet. Not sure when it does.

.h.
28 Mar 14, 11:17
their season starts in the next few days, according to FCIN

.h.
27 Apr 14, 22:05
started his first league match and subbed off at half-time. benched for the 2nd. Subbed on in last 10/15 minutes for the last 3 games in a row.

youth projector
27 Apr 14, 22:55
he should have signed for arsenal when they were crazy about him in the preseason

Forzaforlan
20 May 14, 18:37
what gives, he isn't even on the bench for them. doesn't say he's injured anywhere online.. is he just practice squad material for a second rate division now?.. he showed promise here in preseason.

Rosenvold
01 Jul 14, 14:04
Patrick starts for Strømsgodset in their friendly against my club Aalborg BK right now. The match can be streamed through kanalsport.dk.

His new coach, David Nielsen, said today:

"He (Patrick) is working well, but still needs time. Patrick is an option when he is in shape, and right now he is not yet where he has to be at. I field the best team each time, and Patrick needs to improve to get closer to the starting XI. But I can see that he works very hard."

Karamja
06 Jul 14, 21:42
http://instagram.com/p/pJ3u35has8/?modal=true :epicwin:

It seems like he still remember us and he said he still dreams of playing for Inter and fuck all the haters. lol :oblivious:

Well I hope he makes it, at least he has the right attitude :rollani:

.h.
15 Oct 14, 19:34
he hasnt been on the bench since like may... fail

JJM
15 Oct 14, 19:38
:oblivious:

Kakaroto
15 Oct 14, 19:43
Poor guy got destroyed.

Batman
15 Oct 14, 21:59
Nothing new

thatdude
15 Oct 14, 23:55
What an odd loan move. Should bring him home and send him to Prato.

Sokrates
16 Oct 14, 05:05
There will be a reason why he isnt good enough for this norvegian team. Maybe, just maybe, we are overrating our youth players.

Shaun
16 Oct 14, 12:07
The dude always looked good in pre-season games though. Perhaps being shipped out to a Norwegian club is a complete confidence killer?

WLEXT
16 Oct 14, 15:55
Inter were willing to loan him to B several times but he refused, i think this is the club that him and his agent chose

TheNetworkZ
16 Oct 14, 16:29
He wanted to go to Norway for whatever reason.

Should've listened to his club imo.

RobinV
16 Oct 14, 17:02
He moved inn with his girlfriend. Thats why he choose Norway. He was injured at the beginning of the season, if I am not mistaken and has not been picked by the coach after that. But he has been playing with the B team a few matches and done very well. Also Strømsgodset has this wizkid (Martin Ødegaard) who has taken his spot. The kid is 15 and debuted for the national team on monday or tuesday against Bulgaria. Not bad for a 15 year old...

- - - Updated - - -

Also read in a interview that the coach (David Nielsen also danish) was a big part in why he chose to go on loan to Strømsgodset.

Doffy
16 Oct 14, 19:36
Inter were willing to loan him to B several times but he refused, i think this is the club that him and his agent chose

wow, thats an epic fuckup on his part. serie b would have been so much better. now he pretty much single handed killed his career in italy.

figer
25 Jan 15, 08:57
Patrick Olsen tells TV2Sporten that he wants to leave Inter in hope for more 1st team football.

http://translate.google.pl/translate?hl=pl&sl=da&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bold.dk%2Fnyt%2Fpatrick-olsen-vil-helt-vaek-fra-inter

Goldenboyv88
25 Jan 15, 09:19
i liked Olsen a lot... the choise to send him in Norway was a bullshit!

TheNetworkZ
25 Jan 15, 09:21
i liked Olsen a lot... the choise to send him in Norway was a bullshit!

It's where he wanted to go

Goldenboyv88
25 Jan 15, 09:38
Yes I know. But we had to choose a better solution for him ..

TheNetworkZ
25 Jan 15, 09:48
We tried. He wanted to go to Denmark...

Goldenboyv88
25 Jan 15, 10:14
We tried. He wanted to go to Denmark...it was Norway

Shaun
25 Jan 15, 10:17
Patric Olsen - Always looked good in pre-season games, Arsenal supposedly offered a few million euros for him at one point, sometimes he looked 40 years old in pictures, sometimes he didn't. Now he's playing for a reserve team in Norway?

Oh well, you win some, you lose some

Goldenboyv88
25 Jan 15, 10:41
i would find a team in serie B which allow him to play a lot of matches and then in summer we will see what to do.