View Full Version : Marco Benassi

Pages : [1] 2 3

.h.
23 Nov 12, 09:32
http://www.inter.it/aas/img/170181.jpg

Marco Benassi
Position: DM
A bit like: Thiago Motta
Chance of first team action this season: 25-30%, I dont expect to see him play barring maybe a call up in the Coppa Italia, a few minutes in the EL, or in an injury crisis in the first team
Chance of loan next season: Very high. He needs, as stated below, game time experience. 38 games in Serie B would do him very well.
Chance of staying at Inter in the long term: Very high. He's a type of player - in the long run - that could fix alot of the midfield issues we have, and he will be nurtured very carefully.
Introduction:
A player in particular I've been talking about for a long time, he went under the apprentice programme last season (as a reserve to the primavera main players) and has developed a lot for it. One of our younger players once highlighted him as being better than Bessa, he's dominating the midfield this season. Its worth highlighting in particular his goal against Dortmund in the NextGen series. He's got great technique, a good ability to sit back, late into the box too. He's got good passing range, and has some decent playmaking skills too. With his recent (rather publicized) renewal until 2017, he's held in high regard at Inter. On the downside, it basically boils down to experience. He needs to improve his game reading, tactical side, and overall experience and stuff. He's a great young prospect, I have high hopes for him, and he just needs some game time and to be slowly worked into the first team. As well as this, increasing his technical side (possession under pressure, for example) would be a great benefit.

I thought he was really impressive last night. Calm under pressure, looking to pass forwards rather than back, calm in possession. Good debut. Cant wait to see more of him.

crzdcolombian
23 Nov 12, 11:49
I thought this kid was very promising and really hope with his development people will stop bitching about Poli. If Duncan is better than this kid like many here have said then we didn't really need him anyway. I hope we start him or at least give him minutes in our last group stage game in Europa league

.h.
23 Nov 12, 11:59
Duncan and Benassi are very different players. Duncan is a lot more Guarin-esque. They don't conflict for me at all - infact I would suggest they might even be perfect foils for each other in central midfield.

Benassi Duncan

.. Bessa

:notbad:

Devious
23 Nov 12, 12:35
Excellent

Cant wait to see dat future Bessanassican midfield.

.h.
23 Nov 12, 12:40
too far

attractive
23 Nov 12, 13:02
I think Benassi can be a mix of T.Motta and Pirlo , good control of ball, good passing if we develop him and watch him closely he can be a really good player for us in the future

thatdude
23 Nov 12, 13:24
We have a similar midfielder to this guy in Cristeg as well correct? (I know you don't rate him Browha) And a new deep lying playmaker in Tassi now that he's playing deeper. Between these kids SOMEBODY has to make it at the top level. Please?

.h.
23 Nov 12, 13:30
I dont dislike Crisetig, I hope he succeeds. I just don't see what people rant and rave about. He's not developed, in my book, one inch in the last 3 years since he got called up to Italy U-21 as the youngest ever (he's only got 3 caps - all in friendlies - for them to this day).

Yes, between Tassi, Del Piero, Benassi, Crisetig, Duncan, you'd bloody hope at least 2 of them 'make it'

Big Willy
23 Nov 12, 13:38
He looked like Ricky.

crzdcolombian
23 Nov 12, 15:17
I dont dislike Crisetig, I hope he succeeds. I just don't see what people rant and rave about. He's not developed, in my book, one inch in the last 3 years since he got called up to Italy U-21 as the youngest ever (he's only got 3 caps - all in friendlies - for them to this day).

Yes, between Tassi, Del Piero, Benassi, Crisetig, Duncan, you'd bloody hope at least 2 of them 'make it'

Isn't Mbaye super promising as well considering how young he is? I mean these kids don't need to be Messi but I hope a couple of them are at least as good as Obi and good enough to at least warm the bench

.h.
23 Nov 12, 16:50
i was just talking about midfielders.

Mbaye has the potential to be very VERY good, if he sorts his temperment out.

Broseph Stalin
24 Nov 12, 04:12
what's about Olsen? I thought that kid was our most promising deep lying midfielder.

pier
24 Nov 12, 05:19
I dont know why but i see more De Rossi-esque like from this player, this player seems brings the same thing "confidence".

.h.
24 Nov 12, 09:27
Olsen is more advanced than that. Midfield or attacking midfield - normally AMC.

IRR26
24 Nov 12, 09:53
He looked like Ricky.

Like one Ricky wouldnt be enough.:fffuuu:

Hopefully his decision making aint gonna look like Ricky's.

shingayi
06 Dec 12, 21:26
Really impressed me today. That 60 metres crosses were very precise, just into feet. He needs to play more in Serie A.

.h.
06 Dec 12, 21:30
Like ive been sayinh for a while, exactly the fuxking midfielder we are missing. Uttwrly class.

Also that moment where a primavera thread you started gets promoted to first team :')

Eduardo
06 Dec 12, 22:04
Is it just me or does he really remind me a bit of Motta. Of course, its too early to tell, but already at this age he has great vision and pin point passing with accuracy on top of that. A real potential gem we have here for the midfield, i would even advocate for him to go on loan to a Serie B team that would use and play him consistently that would even further help him develop his game.

.h.
06 Dec 12, 22:09
Yeah, he really does, doesn't he.

What I liked most - and hadn't seen so much of previously - was the long range pin point passing. He's very good under pressure and keeping possession, but I hadn't seen so much of that side of his game until tonight.

snake
06 Dec 12, 22:18
I'm not going to read any of your posts with that shitty font and colour.

.h.
06 Dec 12, 22:19
I'm not going to read any of your posts with that shitty font and colour.

I didn't think you read any, anyway?

Efrain21C
07 Dec 12, 01:26
Browha = Neonblade?

Jane The Virgin
07 Dec 12, 02:08
i dont wanna hype him out and jinx the sh*t out of him, but dude shows maturity on the field that most of 24/25 year olds can dream of, i like how he plays with stability and no fear.

But hey, we are Inter, we will include him, bessa, creisteg and livaja + 4 million euros in a deal to buy Miccoli...

Choppin Onions
07 Dec 12, 03:17
Browha = Neonblade?

A million times worse tbfh

But yes Benassi is one to watch for. Hopefully our club don't screw him over. I don't wanna trade him for Rolando fucking Bianchi just because we need another striker.

Fitzy
07 Dec 12, 03:26
Last edited by Choppin Onions; Today at 15:18. Reason: Too much cursing:okay:

I4E
07 Dec 12, 04:32
Browha = Neonblade?

A million times worse tbfh

:lol:

Multi-post :closeenough:

Solfice
07 Dec 12, 07:32
I didn't think you read any, anyway?

You had a brain seizure or something?

.h.
07 Dec 12, 08:29
I'm going to do it until Neon stops changing font

I4E
07 Dec 12, 08:34
I'm going to do it until Neon stops changing font

Please spare us Browha... It's just easier to utilize the 'ignore list'

chipschups
07 Dec 12, 08:35
0k4y, 1t5 M4tt3r 0f T1m3
wh3n 3V3Ry0ne w4NTs t0 B3 a Diff3r3nT 34Ch 0tH3R
let5 re5pECT th3 OTh3r m3mbEr f0nt choIc3
M4yb3 y0u C4n tRY T0 b3 m0r3 cr34T1ve t0 63t 50m3 4TT3nt10n FRoM 0th3r m3mber too

i dont wanna hype him out and jinx the sh*t out of him, but dude shows maturity on the field that most of 24/25 year olds can dream of, i like how he plays with stability and no fear.

But hey, we are Inter, we will include him, bessa, creisteg and livaja + 4 million euros in a deal to buy Miccoli...

l3t5 h1m 6r0Wn Up pr0p3RLY d0Nt 61V3 th15 kid tO0 mUcH pr355uRe
3v3n wh3n w3 n33d a pL4y3R likE him bAdly
15 N0T 345y T0 63T 5p0t w1th 0ur cuRr3nt m1Df13ld3r n0w
when pl4yeR lIke G4r6an0, 6u4R1n, p3re1rA d035nT 63t 4 r3gul4r pl4Y1n6 tiM3
tH3 b35t 0pT10n 15 LoAn3d HIM 0ut 45 500n as p05SiBle,,

:disgustedyao:

.h.
07 Dec 12, 08:40
oh god.

Ffi201zi002tlis
07 Dec 12, 08:43
:chan:

Fitzy
07 Dec 12, 08:58
:yao:

I4E
07 Dec 12, 09:04
:disgustedyao:

Tsuna
07 Dec 12, 10:06
browha your gonna make every1 go ape shit with your font

Devious
07 Dec 12, 10:15
:awwwyeah:

Fitzy
20 Dec 12, 23:33
The only reason I can think of as to why he didn't play in the Coppa is because he's starting on the weekend. I hope that's the case.

Kakaroto
21 Dec 12, 17:40
Listen to this wise young man Benassi. Tell your agent to look for another team that will give you a chance, I mean not even when there is an injury crisis you get a chance.

Youth project be damn.

.h.
12 Jan 13, 19:43
i told you mofos one year ago he'd be a class player for us

good to see him finally get his chance, even if its forced rather than out of choice.

i will be so pissed off if strama drops him

Batman
12 Jan 13, 19:51
i told you mofos one year ago he'd be a class player for us

good to see him finally get his chance, even if its forced rather than out of choice.

i will be so pissed off if strama drops himI'm in love with Benassi, and with you too man.. No homo.

Jane The Virgin
12 Jan 13, 20:15
Im dying to see what excuses is Strama gonna say for not starting this guy till the rest of the season.

Benassi should not miss a single game till the end of the season.

.h.
12 Jan 13, 20:16
Im dying to see what excuses is Strama gonna say for not starting this guy till the rest of the season.

Benassi should not miss a single game till the end of the season.

well lets not go crazy

this is his third professional game... he deserves to be selected in the next 2 on the back of this performance. if he's bad in both of those, then you consider his position. if he does well, he buys himself a bit more time.

Jane The Virgin
12 Jan 13, 20:19
Im not going crazy at all, what is he lacking that other players have in our midfield?

.h.
12 Jan 13, 20:21
Im not going crazy at all, what is he lacking that other players have in our midfield?

Alot of experience. As Benassi's biggest fan on FIF, I'm on his side, trust me, but you cant just blindly throw in a player for 18 games especially at his age without constant review.

The SINGLE worst thing for a young player is being overhyped.

TheNetworkZ
12 Jan 13, 20:21
Also don't forget he is playing against a team that just got promoted this year. He is good though.

Jane The Virgin
12 Jan 13, 20:27
Alot of experience. As Benassi's biggest fan on FIF, I'm on his side, trust me, but you cant just blindly throw in a player for 18 games especially at his age without constant review.

The SINGLE worst thing for a young player is being overhyped.

Nope, i dont agree, the worst thing is thinking that he is ready for Serie A, and loaning him to amateurs teams. Thats what i am affraid of. I'd rather watch him play in the midfield over Mudi, Gargano, Chivu, Zaneti (yes i said it, Zaneti should play RWB/RB imo)...

Lets just hope he is getting at least 5 starting matches after tonight.

.h.
12 Jan 13, 20:41
the overhyping is what ruined santon, for example.

he deserves more chances, clearly, but i wouldnt be so quick to herald him as brilliant. he deserves to start the next 2-3 games, and then you review those matches and make a new decisioon

- - - Updated - - -

class debut.

thats why ive spent the last year telling you guys about him.

b4h4mooth
12 Jan 13, 20:43
benassi mamamia, where the hell was he all this time?

Batman
12 Jan 13, 20:44
Yup let's not overhype him guys, but he is indeed class and has tons of potential. It will be wrong to start him every game, he is still 18.

I hope he keeps being consistent. More than great debut.

Doffy
12 Jan 13, 20:45
class tbh, only saw the second half but this kid was awesome. hope he gets a lot more chances and becomes first teamer like juan.

.h.
12 Jan 13, 20:45
agreed.

while he plays well, he deserves his chances. that was a great debut. lets just take it easy, and see how he performs in the next game, and then the one after that.

i hope he doesnt let it get to his head. From what I've seen on the primavera level, at least, he seems a very humble guy... But then, so was santon initially

Big Willy
12 Jan 13, 20:46
Let the overhype begin.

.h.
12 Jan 13, 20:47
class tbh, only saw the second half but this kid was awesome. hope he gets a lot more chances and becomes first teamer like juan.

tbh he was better in the first half. his first counterattack was really damn good, retained the ball really well and set up cassano to have a good go.

Kakaroto
12 Jan 13, 20:50
Benassi has a message for all of you:

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/189rz2i650k9cgif/original.gif

wera
12 Jan 13, 20:53
I like him and I hope we keep playing him, for anything else we'll just have to wait

I hope either Benassi or Obi get to start in the Coppa

b4h4mooth
12 Jan 13, 20:54
lets overhype this kid, psG sheik and Leonardo will give us a ton of money :troll:

NeonBlade
12 Jan 13, 20:54
What ruined Santon was the injuries and the managements unwillingness to wait until he was ready.

Also if Benassi stinks it up in the next 2 games? What have we really lost? He is 19 years old!!!

Just let the boys play....

.h.
12 Jan 13, 20:56
What ruined Santon was the injuries and the managements unwillingness to wait until he was ready.

Also if Benassi stinks it up in the next 2 games? What have we really lost? He is 19 years old!!!

Just let the boys play....

agreed. he's bought himself another couple of chances, and we ju st see how it goes from there. no point rushing him, or letting the ego get to him.

we'll just see how it goes, let him play a couple more games, and review from there. if he fucks up, he fucks up, we drop him for a bit and work with him to improve... he's freaking 18? 19? a long long way from a finished article, he's bound to make mistakes

Kakaroto
12 Jan 13, 20:57
Yep Santon was over hyped as Il Nuovo Maldini :palm: but to me what really fucked him up was his constant injuries when he was starting to get more minutes.

Edit: How is Benassi's contract situation? I don't want other clubs sniffing around.

.h.
12 Jan 13, 20:59
Yep Santon was over hyped as Il Nuovo Maldini :palm: but to me what really fucked him up was his constant injuries when he was starting to get more minutes.

agreed

all that BS was what ruined santon. Between the injuries, everyone telling him he was pre-destined, and the rapid rise to stardom/sense of entitlement that comes with it (after those 16 games in a row where he played well), he got ruined.

KevinB
12 Jan 13, 20:59
Well, I'd love to see him in the next serie A match. Now let's give Cou, Obi, perhaps Duncan/Romano a chance against Bologna. Benassi surely deserves to be selected though.

.h.
12 Jan 13, 21:00
Well, I'd love to see him in the next serie A match. Now let's give Cou, Obi, perhaps Duncan/Romano a chance against Bologna. Benassi surely deserves to be selected though.

tbh for the next match, it should be

handanovic

samuel cambiasso jesus

zanetti benassi gargano guarin pereira

.. milito palacio

Diamond
12 Jan 13, 21:04
He was great and He's got a bright future :)

wera
12 Jan 13, 21:04
hmm, maybe, but isn't Ranocchia ready to play?

.h.
12 Jan 13, 21:05
ah yes he is, sorry

i thought he was banned for one more game sorry

in that case
cambiasso benassi guarin midfield

most importantly, though, if gargano plays instead of benassi, we can say fuck this youth project. because on this game + garganos recent form, benassi deserves it

Fapuccino
12 Jan 13, 21:08
I dont think that's really fair. there's 3 types of central midfielders: destroyers, registas, and box-to-box.

Gargano and cambiasso are the first, benassi the second, and guarin the last. they need to be utilized depending on what were trying to achieve. benassi might be ok defensively, but against bigger opponents I would trust Gargano more with a defensive task.

that being said if cambiasso is first choice destroyer, than theres no need for 2 of them, and benassi should start.

.h.
12 Jan 13, 21:27
thats my point

i dont ever want to see gargano and cambiasso play together.

playing two 'destroyers' together fucks up our formation. ive never liked playing cambiasso-zanetti in central mid together, and that applies to gargano-cambiasso too.

I've been saying for 6 months we need a ball playing central midfielder, and that player X would go perfectly in : Cambiasso X Guarin.

- - - Updated - - -

thank my first post ,bitches
:P

- - - Updated - - -

as a side note
benassi is currently the highest rated player for tonights match on inter.it, with an 8.5.. next is palacio? i think? at 8.0

CafeCordoba
12 Jan 13, 21:27
Great game by Benassi. I really want this kid getting more chances. Probably he will get them in this kind of "easy" home games as Pescara match.

.h.
12 Jan 13, 21:28
its imperative he starts against bologna in the coppa italia imho

William
12 Jan 13, 21:31
Hopefully he gets more games regardless of then being easy as he certainly caught a lot of peoples eyes.

Tanel
12 Jan 13, 21:40
Most touches, most passes, most tackles. Applause.

No more Gargano?:derp:

.h.
12 Jan 13, 21:41
Most touches, most passes, most tackles. Applause.

No more Gargano?:derp:

one can only hope

ForzaInterUSA
13 Jan 13, 01:58
http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=41810&L=en

Pimpin
13 Jan 13, 02:01
I'm in love with Benassi, and with you too man.. No homo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJVt8kUAm9Q :proud:

Efrain21C
13 Jan 13, 02:04
http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=41810&L=en

HE handled quite well the press there, Good Job!

b4h4mooth
13 Jan 13, 03:10
his style of playing looks a lot like Busquet

Nyall
13 Jan 13, 03:18
his style of playing looks a lot like Busquet

Fuck that shit.. He is nothing like Busquets. Busquets is a fucking piece of shit.

Universe
13 Jan 13, 03:20
Fuck that shit.. He is nothing like Busquets. Busquets is a fucking piece of shit.

:lol:

Kraits
13 Jan 13, 04:18
Anyone has or found his highlight in this game???

Thanks in advance

snake
13 Jan 13, 06:45
So ficklers, you're all in a positive mood now? No cursing the management for some of the gems in our youth product?

I4E
13 Jan 13, 07:14
^ :lol:

Nero Indigo
13 Jan 13, 07:20
By your definition, you know it won't take long for the rage-bot transformation lol

Fitzy
13 Jan 13, 09:33
So ficklers, you're all in a positive mood now? No cursing the management for some of the gems in our youth product?

wera
13 Jan 13, 11:25
he is not like Busquets, two different type of players, if anybody from Barcelona, he reminded me of Thiago, but with less dribbling

.h.
13 Jan 13, 11:47

what, because stramacioni was forced to start benassi? or because samaden and ausilio, as ive always said, have done a good job?

you realize branca has nothing to do with benassi, right?

Jane The Virgin
13 Jan 13, 11:50

What kind of question is that?

This just proves that we aren't trash talking just because the sake of it, but because we really want to see that legendary "project" coming to reality. Just watch at us like little kids cherishing Benassi. Strama played a midfielder alongside Guaro for the first time during his Inter career :D

It would have been hypocrisy if we still were talking that even in this game there should have been more youngsters. We know that it takes time for youths, but at least this time he actually played one.

Its one of those questions that only branca lovers think its funny/interesting. you branca lover you. :D

Choppin Onions
13 Jan 13, 14:15
Missed the 2nd half because I had to go into work but I loved the work Benassi was doing. Pescara are a fairly useless team but they're still in Serie A. Benassi was playing against professional players and for an 18 year old he looked good doing it. Kind of reminds me a bit of Motta, except not as sound defensively just yet. Have a feeling we probably won't see against Roma but he should be starting the Coppa game IMO

Pajo
13 Jan 13, 14:20
Not so strong at defense, but much more agile and has soft feet. I love how complete that guy is, at 18.. We will see how he does in the future.

.h.
13 Jan 13, 14:23
hes got some clear improvements on the more rigorous tactical side of the game - playing in different formations to how he does at youth level doesnt help either, to be honest. he needs someone like duncan next to him to restrict the play, like i said, the pirlo/gattuso partnership is a valid comparison, benassi/duncan.

he's got the technical skills though, the range of passing. he shows more vision at youth level so id like to see that come in on first team level at some point, but no rush of course. while he completes 88 percent of his passes at a variety of ranges from 5 yards to 50 yards, he deserves a spot in the team.

nerazzurri4life
13 Jan 13, 14:33
^^^^

gargano though :trolldad:

JJM
13 Jan 13, 14:36
N4L turning in to a troll? :notbad:

Sokrates
13 Jan 13, 14:40
I didn't see the match but from what I can read here, this guy was pretty good. :proud: :proud: :proud:
So it seems we have found our DLP? Give this guy more chances, but don't use him as starter and expect wonders from him and that he can lead and dictate our play.

.h.
13 Jan 13, 14:43
well, as has been said, we need to be careful not to overhype him.

he's an interesting young player with unique characteristics so far as our midfield goes for now. lets see him do it in a few more games and slowly build our confidence in him, like JJ.

KevinB
13 Jan 13, 14:45
I don't want to let him play against Bologna. I'd say give him a rest and let him play against Roma. We will need a player like him a lot more in that game. He is waaaay more usefull if we play a counter than Gargano. But oh well. Let's just hope he gets his minutes.

.h.
13 Jan 13, 14:47
he doesnt need a rest, he didnt look exhausted at the end of the game, and he didnt play vs atalanta, but he did play nextgen. i think before the nextgen game he hasnt played in like 2-3 weeks?

i wouldnt worry about that aspect at all

Choppin Onions
13 Jan 13, 14:52
I don't want to let him play against Bologna. I'd say give him a rest and let him play against Roma. We will need a player like him a lot more in that game. He is waaaay more usefull if we play a counter than Gargano. But oh well. Let's just hope he gets his minutes.

Don't get me wrong, I want him to play against Roma. I just don't think Strama will as excited with the idea simply because of the smashing they gave us at the Meazza already. I fully except a very defensive and dour formation.

Efrain21C
13 Jan 13, 14:53

What ifh e plays both games

Native
13 Jan 13, 14:59
:fap:

Efrain21C
13 Jan 13, 15:11

:datass: He starting to understand the barca hate :excitedeyes:

jmaster
13 Jan 13, 15:22
We are very satisfied with Benassi :)

:einstein:

Fapuccino
13 Jan 13, 15:26
now for mbaye and obi, duncan didnt impress that much tbh. obi a strange one, because hes essentially a defensive midfielder who can dribble really well. If he improves his offensive aspects, I think he can turn into a great box-to-box

KevinB
13 Jan 13, 15:31
now for mbaye and obi, duncan didnt impress that much tbh. obi a strange one, because hes essentially a defensive midfielder who can dribble really well. If he improves his offensive aspects, I think he can turn into a great box-to-box
Obi will develop if he gets his matches

Inter Siamo Noi
13 Jan 13, 15:33
what, because stramacioni was forced to start benassi? or because samaden and ausilio, as ive always said, have done a good job?

you realize branca has nothing to do with benassi, right?
He has something to do now and it's buying Benassi's second half before it'll go high.

Jane The Virgin
13 Jan 13, 15:45
man, watching browha acting like his parent here makes me emotional and shit :D

watching him acting all cool trying to keep his head over his shoulder where in fact he is opa gangnam style dancing while writing, reminds me of me when i asked my fiancee out for the first time <3

browha, i hope Benassi is your fiancee...ughm.. too far :D

.h.
13 Jan 13, 15:52
man, watching browha acting like his parent here makes me emotional and shit :D

watching him acting all cool trying to keep his head over his shoulder where in fact he is opa gangnam style dancing while writing, reminds me of me when i asked my fiancee out for the first time <3

browha, i hope Benassi is your fiancee...ughm.. too far :D

have you been drinking?

im pleased he debuted, and more importantly, im pleased he showed what he can do. hes got an awful long route ahead ofo him now, but at least hes had his chance, and with it, hes earnt another one. ive been backing this guy for a year now, so im delighted its coming to fruition, and i hope he, unlike santon unlike balotelli, etc, will seize the chance being offered to him

my next project now is to see bessa debut.

JJM
13 Jan 13, 15:57
my next project now is to see bessa debut.

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/25f/62b/c76/icon/Aufzeichnen.jpg

Strama is that you? :derp:

.h.
13 Jan 13, 16:15
trust me, if i was strama, bessa, benassi, duncan, livaja, pasa would have many more minutes... :P

i will be a bit disappointed if bessa doesnt start in the coppa italia. we need an AMC like him, now that Sneijder is going. I just hope he's high on confidence, as his game is very much so dependent on confidence

- - - Updated - - -

i dont think mbaye should play again until we are confident hes lost his temperment issue.

obi of course i want to see play more, but he needs some 1 on 1 time to work out exactly what we want him to do, how he should play, etc, because hes not going to be a first team starter until he has a more defined role.

duncan didnt show his true self yet, but as ive said before, hes the most mature primaverea player we have, in terms of mentality and actually talent. he's a good destroyer, with a nice box to box edge to it as well. duncan needs to show himself, really. one of the issues is that it is easy to write him off because he's physically strong compared to others in the primavera, but that might not be the case at serie a. that said, i think he's going on loan anyway and that will be an important test of him.

what i really want is bessa. so much technical talent, him and benassi playing alongside guarin could be fantastico.

thatdude
13 Jan 13, 17:59
trust me, if i was strama, bessa, benassi, duncan, livaja, pasa would have many more minutes... :P

i will be a bit disappointed if bessa doesnt start in the coppa italia. we need an AMC like him, now that Sneijder is going. I just hope he's high on confidence, as his game is very much so dependent on confidence

what i really want is bessa. so much technical talent, him and benassi playing alongside guarin could be fantastico.

I think Bessa should go on a loan move for the remainder of the season than come back for pre season with some minutes in his legs. He is not going to look good for us after having only played 45 minutes with the primavera. As we've seen first impressions (at senior level) are very important with Strama. If he has a bad 15 minutes we won't see him again till next year anyways.

.h.
13 Jan 13, 18:04
I hope Bessa will go on loan too, but nonetheless, I'd like to see him debut for us.

Starmo4
13 Jan 13, 18:11
Im sure bessa will get his minutes against bologna

rochhi

coutinho bessa alvarez

Batman
13 Jan 13, 20:38
Dat hug from Cuchu and Zanetti at the end of the game made go :proud: imagine you play a great 90 minutes and receive hugs from the legends of the team. Hope it wont go to his head this quickly.

shingayi
13 Jan 13, 22:15
I'd be very grateful if someone makes a video compilation of his yesterday's performance... Unfortuntaley I couldn't watch the game, but I'm pleased to see so many positive comments on him. Great talent.

Pimpin
13 Jan 13, 22:30
^ :lol:

Fail :lol:

Choppin Onions
13 Jan 13, 23:56
Im sure bessa will get his minutes against bologna

rochhi

coutinho bessa alvarez

One thing isn't like the others.

Michael
14 Jan 13, 17:08
Inter are close to own all of Marco Benassi. Closing with Modena, who own the other half, is tomorrow.

nerazzurri4life
14 Jan 13, 17:17
Oh lord. The Inter overhype machine again. Let's hope Modena doesn't take advantage of the situation.

Michael
14 Jan 13, 17:19
Oh lord. The Inter overhype machine again. Let's hope Modena doesn't take advantage of the situation.

Bianchetti could go on loan to them and maybe half of Romano.

Kakaroto
14 Jan 13, 20:27
Some pics from his debut:

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Marco+Benassi+FC+Internazionale+Milano+v+Pescara+6 D28C6ZVu8_l.jpg

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Marco+Benassi+FC+Internazionale+Milano+v+Pescara+q fgovDr7Ycvl.jpg

http://www.apimages.com/unsecured/GetBinary.ashx?_apbg=B5TkeUEAaHYuzvIbQX%2fmvTH41lM irTDUhor5vlFTsiJzyvMgr6HcjCShvk1oK%2bOg0hNYTdJSiBa 3kFoXZlHGV0GgzOV737eLr8Hn520hPZrSg05otTmfQpAAERvKL J4gUGikEKjc6zLsR8AoK7lPdxnHfOPEr1%2bzvqLNCqdOfyo4M jcnyy%2f0%2be%2b9RaiOWthAZywt3ZmnCLwuN1PfdL3hGmpmo 0C0vfpFMJlEEIuQKBJ9EGcoKX5qoioA0Gl20o4Uj%2b59cqyvv 9%2b49LHL5D2GMFGN6OTrjsO4A4ZfSp3q3jFDerkFwfIpENeM7 Wm0HTEtHjTJ3P5TUr1veMikztAogNDCVBg1yhk7Ffj31kQbbEq SR7B3zb2FIIu7V3ZxYHUxWtTayh0ahLEQhdVi9BB8tqZZ9%2b3 xw9NZsF42zCfZjNlfxXmAfr84cGSv8AU42wit7uSNsNUrrKkKk oe2424Kep9Rgz0XCEM9y92uFz4dy8gONDlPY2SKmBdq4XPicNC fiGsUXF6pPV9E3oz6WZFFHT8kE4Y1%2bXnv69ZHgvcGMZ6KveQ 0qAA7yVJrU%2fB1ljScXhfsj7jmPBBN4M4HGfwbQQ%3d%3d

Tanel
14 Jan 13, 21:05
Only breathes from the left side of his mouth?

Pimpin
14 Jan 13, 21:12
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Marco+Benassi+FC+Internazionale+Milano+v+Pescara+q fgovDr7Ycvl.jpg

Ninja BJ?

Michael
14 Jan 13, 21:32
Sky: Inter pay around a million for Benassi's other half. Mediaset says it's 700k.

.h.
14 Jan 13, 22:03
tbh, i dont understand why we've done this.

this is basically the worst time possible to sign him. If we had confidence in him, we should have signed him before his debut - we got him for 150k last january....

Kakaroto
14 Jan 13, 22:17
tbh, i dont understand why we've done this.

this is basically the worst time possible to sign him. If we had confidence in him, we should have signed him before his debut - we got him for 150k last january....

We are Inter bro. Thats how we roll.

sanka
14 Jan 13, 22:21
We are Inter bro. Thats how we troll.

tbh

Native
14 Jan 13, 22:22
tbh

sanka
14 Jan 13, 22:35
i ain't honest man, release me from that pityful life, please.

ot i know..

ps : forza benassi

.h.
14 Jan 13, 22:39
as a side, before I get chewed out yet again for "doubting footballing professionals who know more in a single day about football than i ever will in my life", all i know is i sit on the edge of the club and see severe signs of incompetence.

incompetence and genius sometimes get dangerously close, but inter always seem to err on the side of incompetence.

Fitzy
15 Jan 13, 01:32
Sky: Inter pay around a million for Benassi's other half. Mediaset says it's 700k.

:lol: Why wasn't this done months ago? Surely our professionals in charge would have seen his potential and secured the second half... Wouldn't they?

Only a little bit of money wasted, but its still frustrating.

rockball
15 Jan 13, 08:51
Better late then never. We may have had to pay 1.5m if we wait till June.

.h.
15 Jan 13, 09:13
welll, I agree, I'm pleased we've signed him outright, but that doesn't get us around the fact that we've done this arguably at the worst possible time. The hype around him now is probably as big as it will be for a while, unless he puts in some stellar performances in the next few matches.

We clearly had faith in him, hence getting the debut, but if we did, why have we waited until afterwards to sign him outright?

I would bet his value since before the match has gone up at least 200% maybe even 300%... and 750k is like 10% of our annual youth budget...

Lionheart
15 Jan 13, 09:23
I still don't know the difference between Benassi & Bessa. These dudes the same dude, or different?

:pokerface:

& where dey pop out from?

Sokrates
15 Jan 13, 09:26
I still don't know the difference between Benassi & Bessa. These dudes the same dude, or different?

Dara??? Is that you?

Daniel Bessa is the "superstar" from the Primavera 2011/2012
Marco Benassi is our new youngster in the first team

2 different players

.h.
15 Jan 13, 09:31

Bessa is a Brazilian-Italian AMC who has been at Inter for like 4 seasons now iirc, he's just turned 20, a great playmaker with vision, free kick ability, and goalscoring ability (scored more than Longo for the Primavera). Think Ronaldinho in his prime is what this guy was doing in terms of setting up play, free kicks, and goalscoring. He's not the tricksy dribbler that Ronaldinho was, he's quite slow in possession but he's got fierce vision

http://www.inter.it/aas/img/173830.jpg

Benassi is an Italian DMC, who has been at Inter for like a year now, and he's 18.5. Quite similar to Motta, he can deliver the long cross field balls that Sneijder is famous for. Very good under posssession, capable of moving the ball quickly, and he always has time. He's one of those people with the perfect first touch, and has 2-3 seconds more to think on the ball than most players.

http://www.inter.it/aas/img/170181.jpg

They do look kinda similar but its also related to the fact that they have that same fucking haircut that everyone in the primavera has

I4E
15 Jan 13, 09:33
^ 2 perfect examples of how non-existent and fucked our youth system is...

.h.
15 Jan 13, 09:35
Well, they've got 90 minutes of league football between them for all their talent.

Our youth teams themselves I've never once criticized as a system. What I criticize regularly is our integration of said talented youth players.

Our youth team have some phenomenal talents, from U-19 to U -14 and below levels. I mean I can sit here and reel off a dozen players none of you will have ever heard of who will all be primavera stars in the next few years. But the problem is that they aren't getting many chances.

Lionheart
15 Jan 13, 09:35
Daniel Bessa is the "superstar" from the Primavera 2011/2012

2 different players

Bessa is a Brazilian-Italian AMC who has been at Inter for like 4 seasons now iirc, he's just turned 20, a great playmaker with vision, free kick ability, and goalscoring ability (scored more than Longo for the Primavera). Think Ronaldinho in his prime is what this guy was doing in terms of setting up play, free kicks, and goalscoring. He's not the tricksy dribbler that Ronaldinho was, he's quite slow in possession but he's got fierce vision.

If he so good, then dafuq isn't he starting in our every game?

.h.
15 Jan 13, 09:37
If he so good, then dafuq isn't he starting in our every game?

He had a cruciate ligament injury in, uh, May I think? I cant remember. Di Gennaro fucked his hip in may, it was soon after (iirc) that Bessa fucked his knee.

He's only come back to training a month ago, so I guess it's a bit of fitness question, and also a case of developing his confidence on the ball again. To play like him, you have to be ontop of the fucking world. full of self belief, or else you never even TRY those no look passes and so on.

I am surprised, though, that he hasn't been given at least some chance. I figured he'd at least get a bit of time in the Coppa Italia, or he'd have been given some time as a sub in the league.

He looks set to go out on loan soon to a Serie B club, but I Was hoping he'd get a chance tonight.

Easily our best primavera player last season, I'd go so far to say one of the best prospects we've had for the last 3-4 seasons.

I4E
15 Jan 13, 09:58
Well, they've got 90 minutes of league football between them for all their talent.

Our youth teams themselves I've never once criticized as a system. What I criticize regularly is our integration of said talented youth players.

Our youth team have some phenomenal talents, from U-19 to U -14 and below levels. I mean I can sit here and reel off a dozen players none of you will have ever heard of who will all be primavera stars in the next few years. But the problem is that they aren't getting many chances.

The 19 to 21 age group is fucked in Italy. This is where the problem lays.

.h.
15 Jan 13, 10:01
I agree, it needs work, but it hasnt prevented Milan giving De Sciglio 20 appearances this season, Roma giving Marquinhos loads, etc.

We need to not hide behind this. I'm not saying that its entirely our fault, I think the blame is roughly equal, but to absolve Inter of all blame imho is very wrong. Just as we see with Benassi, when we actually DO give chances to some of our best primavera players, they ARE capable of performing. Now, I'm certainly not suggesting he starts week in week out, but he's clearly worthy of some chances

Jane The Virgin
15 Jan 13, 10:12
The fact that it only took one game against Pescara to convince them scares me.

Not the scouting, not the training sessions, none of that evaluation crap, but one game against Pescara, oh dear :D

Tanel
15 Jan 13, 10:15
Our management has obviously now reached a similar status to a politician. Whatever they do is either late or wrong. :D

.h.
15 Jan 13, 10:17
like i said, i'm pleased for the decision, but it seems very reactionary. Why didnt we do this before the match? And save like 300k?

Bluenine
15 Jan 13, 10:59
The fact that it only took one game against Pescara to convince them scares me.

Not the scouting, not the training sessions, none of that evaluation crap, but one game against Pescara, oh dear :D
To be fair, a lot of kids impress in training sessions and primavera games... there is good reason why a player's value rises significantly when he performs at a big stage, because a few of the talented kids successfully make that leap to cut it at this level.

I see this as a glass half full... glad that we reacted now, rather than at the end of the season. 700k is nothing, Benassi could be worth millions very soon.

This to me is a clear sign that Inter intend to play Benassi more often, and don't want anyone else to benefit from the resultant increase in the worth of the player.

Smile people, this is a good sign :)

.h.
15 Jan 13, 11:15
tbh, we could do this forever really. like I said, I'm just glad we own him outright now. Thats the most important thing.

Kakaroto
15 Jan 13, 19:02
Play well tonight again and you should be moved to LGI immediately.

Starmo4
15 Jan 13, 19:12
:palm:

Kakaroto
15 Jan 13, 19:24
:palm:

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18bbm90kx7errgif/original.gif

junior55
15 Jan 13, 23:12
The difference in ball movement between 1st half and 2nd half shows clearly how much can even a noob deep lying playmaker give to this team.

snake
15 Jan 13, 23:19
How was he in the first half?

Pimpin
15 Jan 13, 23:24
he was great for me, defensively not so good, but dude can pass the ball, made some great long rage passes to cassano

Fitzy
15 Jan 13, 23:24
How was he in the first half?

Played like a youngster... few good things, a few bad things. Made a couple of awesome passes. Ultimately, he just needs to keep playing.

.h.
16 Jan 13, 06:39
i didnt see the game, but sounds good. he needs a midfielder to do the defensive work for him, but thats why I keep making the Pirlo/Gattuso statement.

Anyway, good on him, hope he keeps getting more time.

rockball
16 Jan 13, 06:55
I don't know which match I was watching, but as I mentioned in the game thread he was extremely poor. Had couple of good long passes, but nothing apart from that. Didn't show any composure on the ball; tried making first time passes which went horribly wrong most of the time. Defensively, he just didn't add any pressure and was more of a ball watcher there.

Don't want to sound harsh and of course he will develop and will have his fair share of bad games. But speaking very objectively, it was a poor performance.

_OC_
16 Jan 13, 07:17
I don't know which match I was watching, but as I mentioned in the game thread he was extremely poor. Had couple of good long passes, but nothing apart from that. Didn't show any composure on the ball; tried making first time passes which went horribly wrong most of the time. Defensively, he just didn't add any pressure and was more of a ball watcher there.

Don't want to sound harsh and of course he will develop and will have his fair share of bad games. But speaking very objectively, it was a poor performance.

Yeah, I agree completely.

The hyperbole in the match-thread was outrageous - apparently, when a youngster plays one good game, like the one against Pescara (where he had acres of space and time compared to the one yesterday), everyone gets carried away and acts like he's the combined reincarnation of Jesus, Meazza and Facchetti, but when he has a bad match, you're not allowed to criticise him based simply on his age and experience, and if you do, you're a 'clown', 'idiot' and so on. I know this club is desperately in need of young blood, but please, be reasonable in your evaluation of his level of play.

I get that he needs time and trust, and I personally think he'll grow to be a valuable player for this club, but he simply didn't play very well yesterday, and both Cambiasso and Mudingayi solved their assignments better than Benassi did. There's no shame in getting substituted, and had it been any other player that mispassed as many passes as he did (see: Gargano), FIF would be screaming for him to be replaced, but suddenly because the player in question is under 20 years old, the coach is an idiot for not keeping him on. no matter his lack of contribution.

Choppin Onions
16 Jan 13, 11:17
Yeah, I agree completely.

The hyperbole in the match-thread was outrageous - apparently, when a youngster plays one good game, like the one against Pescara (where he had acres of space and time compared to the one yesterday), everyone gets carried away and acts like he's the combined reincarnation of Jesus, Meazza and Facchetti, but when he has a bad match, you're not allowed to criticise him based simply on his age and experience, and if you do, you're a 'clown', 'idiot' and so on. I know this club is desperately in need of young blood, but please, be reasonable in your evaluation of his level of play.

I get that he needs time and trust, and I personally think he'll grow to be a valuable player for this club, but he simply didn't play very well yesterday, and both Cambiasso and Mudingayi solved their assignments better than Benassi did. There's no shame in getting substituted, and had it been any other player that mispassed as many passes as he did (see: Gargano), FIF would be screaming for him to be replaced, but suddenly because the player in question is under 20 years old, the coach is an idiot for not keeping him on. no matter his lack of contribution.

Exaggeration much? I saw no posts implying such things. People simply get excited because it's nice to have a young player who can come in and actually pass the ball with a fair amount of competence. Our midfield has been tired and embarrassing in a good amount of games they've played this season. I can't tell you how much I want an extremely limited offensive player in Zanetti nowhere near a midfield position. The duo of him and Cuchu is enough to make my head explode.

Benassi was weak defensively against Bologna I will say that. He still has a lot to learn in that regard but Strama yanking him off for Cambiasso in a Coppa Italia game of all things shows me this club isn't that serious about any sort of project. And it never will be with Moratti as the boss as he demands winning over development.

.h.
16 Jan 13, 11:22
People are excited with Benassi for one simple reason.

He's the only midfielder we have who is capable of playing the ball properly. And from that side, people should support him as much as possible.

_OC_
16 Jan 13, 12:40
Exaggeration much? I saw no posts implying such things. People simply get excited because it's nice to have a young player who can come in and actually pass the ball with a fair amount of competence. Our midfield has been tired and embarrassing in a good amount of games they've played this season. I can't tell you how much I want an extremely limited offensive player in Zanetti nowhere near a midfield position. The duo of him and Cuchu is enough to make my head explode.

Well duh, exaggeration promotes understanding, no one literally said that he was the second coming of Christ, but the Pescara-thread was basically one, big wankfest over Benassi.
But that's fine, we see that from time to time, and we also see the exact opposite (Jonathan being the prime example of the moment). You and Browha are also probably right in the fact that the reason people are so in awe with him is because he's new, young, exciting and offers some of the creativity that our current midfield is lacking.

The problem forthcomes when he has a bad game, and people don't accept the coach's decision to substitute him, or other posters critique at his contribution - a Zanetti-Benassi midfield didn't work very well against Diamanti, Stramaccioni saw that, and reacted progressively by bringing on Cuchu and later Mudingayi (you could've said that he should've seen that BEFORE the game and left Benny out of the starting-11, but imagine the outrage on here and in the media if he did bench Benassi after his performance last saturday!)
He shouldn't be immune to criticism just because he's young. I agree with you in the sense that he should be nurtured carefully and get his share of chances, but in the end, he's like any other player in the squad.

Benassi was weak defensively against Bologna I will say that. He still has a lot to learn in that regard but Strama yanking him off for Cambiasso in a Coppa Italia game of all things shows me this club isn't that serious about any sort of project. And it never will be with Moratti as the boss as he demands winning over development.

Results>youth. That's not only my personal opinion, but apparently also the club's.
We need youth because of the squad's relatively high average age (which has been lowered significantly by the way), but we're also not any random club, we're Inter and we need success. What we saw yesterday, was the sacrifice of youth for a result.

The transition of players from the primavera to the first team has been far from perfect, but as is, we're still in the running for Champions League, we've progressed in the Europa League and just played our way into the semi-finals in the Tim Cup.
Results have to be the be all, end all of a football club, simple as.

I'm a little bit all over the place here, but what I'm trying to say is, I too, would like to see more younger players implemented into the squad, but understand that Stramaccioni has specific results to achieve. We don't necesarily know what those are, but as an example, remember that he promised to take the Coppa seriously - he did exactly that, which, unfortunately, affected Benassi's playing time.

wera
16 Jan 13, 14:02
Benassi was covering Diamanti. Pretty hard work and IMO he didn't do that good. Defensivly he wasn't as good as he was against Pescara, where he was brilliant. He is still pretty good in attack, and I hope Strama still plays him, at least against the weak teams, that's a priority.

Sokrates
16 Jan 13, 14:08
This games are the ones you learn a lot for your career.
I am contented with his performance. We can't expect miracles from him, and remember, this guy is 18 (!!!) years old, and he can play more creative passes than Cambiasso and Zanetti combined. He didn't do fantastic in the defence-work, but he was still ok. He did not make big errors and he can pass the ball, he has vision and the "eye" for open spaces.
As sooner we give him the chance to play, the sooner he will become a good and hopefully important player for us.

wera
16 Jan 13, 14:15
Aye. Plus I like the fact that he can pass the ball quickly, even if he fucks up, he doesn't need 3 seconds more like Alvarez.

Kakaroto
16 Jan 13, 17:49
Goodness gracious all people were saying yesterday was that Strama could have subbed off Jonathan instead play Zanetti in his proper position and have Benassi's passing along with Cambiasso's defense but thats too big a plan.

Whatever Inter won in the 119th minute that got to that moment after an error from who else but Jonathan. Had to played with 10 men in the extra time because the guy that is not fit enough to play 90 minutes had to come off when there were no substitutions being the 2nd time we are left with no subs and players injured but hey Strama is a genius no one can question him. Inter won in the 119th minute against Bologna at home with most of the starters playing.

Just like Livaja's missed was why Inter tied the game earlier, only playing ~10 mins, or Coutinho being overly individualistic being the reason Inter tied another game earlier, after coming in in the 87th minute. It was because of Benassi that Diamanti was killing us after he got subbed off everything turned. Inter dominated.

Seriously why don't Inter just play a bunch of 30 y/o we would play much better. Oh sorry we already do that and still play pretty bad.

Kakaroto
21 Jan 13, 18:02
Official:Benassi, comproprietÓ risolta

Link (http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=61076&L=it)

snake
22 Jan 13, 02:23
Good work. Now play him.

Universe
22 Jan 13, 02:25
Good play. Now work him.

snake
22 Jan 13, 02:28
Good play. Now work him.

http://forzainterforums.com/customavatars/avatar3297_32.gif

Universe
22 Jan 13, 02:58
http://forzainterforums.com/images/avatars/075.png

Ed.
22 Jan 13, 03:33
Fuck Branca tbh.. Another 30+ player. :oblivious:

Fitzy
22 Jan 13, 03:41
http://forzainterforums.com/customavatars/avatar3297_32.gif

Everytime I see this i think of :notbad:

snake
22 Jan 13, 03:45
Uni, Can't believe we didn't get thanks for that tbh. Bunch of fucking dolans.

Choppin Onions
22 Jan 13, 14:28
Uni, Can't believe we didn't get thanks for that tbh. Bunch of fucking dolans.

Rubbish. Whenever I see those Korean, Australian and Syrian flags flying I don't even look at the post. I just go ahead and thank.

crzdcolombian
28 Jan 13, 12:48
So what was the logic in starting this kid then paying 1 million euro for him then not letting him play in 3 games?

.h.
28 Jan 13, 12:54
:tooyoung:
:waituntilheis35:

you know
i was thinking the same thing

fair enough buying him right after his debut if you're gonna play him

but if not, why buy him? thats his all time high price - his price will have dropped (only slightly, but nonetheless) over the last few games since he's had no game time

Yet more evidence that this management aren't as competent as people so readily believe

Ed.
28 Jan 13, 16:27
So what was the logic in starting this kid then paying 1 million euro for him then not letting him play in 3 games?

What 3 games? He just played in the coppa vs roma last week. He has played like 3 games in the last 5 if im not mistaken.

Bluenine
28 Jan 13, 16:31
:tooyoung:
:waituntilheis35:

you know
i was thinking the same thing

fair enough buying him right after his debut if you're gonna play him

but if not, why buy him? thats his all time high price - his price will have dropped (only slightly, but nonetheless) over the last few games since he's had no game time

Yet more evidence that this management aren't as competent as people so readily believe

Dude, I am not very happy with the management's transfer moves so far this winter either, but lets not invent failures where none exist. Inter moved fast enough on Benassi, I am glad we signed him. By the summer, he will be worth millions.

.h.
28 Jan 13, 16:53
Er, what?

Yet again, if we had faith in him, we should have signed him BEFORE we debuted him. Its not like he (was?!) an unknown quantity to Strama or Ausilio or anyone, we've had him for a while now.

Yet, no, we sign him just after his debut (despite no pressure to do so), and have probably overpaid for him by a few hundred k.

We could have gotten him before the debut probably for like 400-500k, now it went up to a million, and now he's not played, its probably gone down a couple hundred k.

it was a fucking retarded move.

francesco
28 Jan 13, 16:56
Dude, I am not very happy with the management's transfer moves so far this winter either, but lets not invent failures where none exist. Inter moved fast enough on Benassi, I am glad we signed him. By the summer, he will be worth millions.

of course
I forgot he will be a part of gargano transfer :troll:
that mllions could help

Aurimas
28 Jan 13, 19:46
Er, what?

Yet again, if we had faith in him, we should have signed him BEFORE we debuted him. Its not like he (was?!) an unknown quantity to Strama or Ausilio or anyone, we've had him for a while now.

Yet, no, we sign him just after his debut (despite no pressure to do so), and have probably overpaid for him by a few hundred k.

We could have gotten him before the debut probably for like 400-500k, now it went up to a million, and now he's not played, its probably gone down a couple hundred k.

it was a fucking retarded move.

Actually, today i was thinking about it too

I mean, they should have known what was he capable of. Now it seems like he was just put on the field, did ok, and then everybody thought: omg, he knows how to play football, we need to sign him.

There are trainings. So, if he was training with the first squad and was good (he should have been good, if got a game to start) so why wait till he is noticed by everybody and his price rises. Because now it seems that it was a surprise also for Inter.

There was something like this with Faraoni. I remember he scored that nice goal, and then got a contract extension.

I means, sometimes it looks weird a little bit.

We are so cheap on the deals like the one with Bellomo, when we are negotiating for few hundred thousands. Or like with Poli, for one million. But we overpay on the co-ownerships of the youngsters. I am sure, that the case with Benassi is not the only one example, just the one i can think of at the moment.

.h.
28 Jan 13, 20:00
bought half of obi (back) for 3.5m

signing Livaja from Cesena outright

snake
28 Jan 13, 21:46
Training =/= In game play.

Primavera =/= Senior games.

We can only be so sure that Benassi could make it. However, after his first game, he probably made sure of it. So it was probably a good time to sign him as conversely waiting until the end of the year, he could have been up to 3 mil.

.h.
28 Jan 13, 21:48
Why sign him then? Why not sign him now, for example?

fucking 24 hours after his debut, his price wont be higher for the rest of this season unless strama is planning to play him in every game until the end of the season (Which he evidently is not)

snake
28 Jan 13, 21:50
Not sure mate, but I still think if we did it now, it would be the same price.

.h.
28 Jan 13, 21:51
still, i dont see why we are so typically reactionary.

debut a player in the league, sign him within 24 hours, and then give him 45 minutes in the next 4 matches

seems fucking stupid. tbh.

Fapuccino
28 Jan 13, 21:57
he has to be used in front of the defense, and not as a LCM. Registas have more space there.

Bluenine
28 Jan 13, 22:54
Why sign him then? Why not sign him now, for example?

fucking 24 hours after his debut, his price wont be higher for the rest of this season unless strama is planning to play him in every game until the end of the season (Which he evidently is not)

And what if he had scored a couple of goals in his last game? Then everyone would be asking why didn't we sign him after that first game when he showed promise!

There is no way to foretell the future. I still think Inter well to sign him when we did, immediately after he showed an indication that he can translate his primavera/training form into real games - few talents are able to make that step up, you know that. Sure, his price may fluctuate a bit with every game, like any new player. Maybe his value is marginally lower now, as you suggest. But over the medium to long term, these fluctuations will be irrelevant. If all goes well that is, fingers crossed.

Its like any other investment in business. It is important to know your objective, whether it is a short term buy-and-sell investment, or a longer term investment. If its a short term investment to make a quick profit, the timing you buy is vital and even a small variation is important. However, if its a medium to longer term investment, these small fluctuations do not matter - its more important to "secure the investment" sooner rather than later. IMO the Benassi deal falls in the latter category, so our strategy looks sound to me.

.h.
28 Jan 13, 23:03
And what if he had scored a couple of goals in his last game? Then everyone would be asking why didn't we sign him after that first game when he showed promise!

There is no way to foretell the future. I still think Inter well to sign him when we did, immediately after he showed an indication that he can translate his primavera/training form into real games - few talents are able to make that step up, you know that. Sure, his price may fluctuate a bit with every game, like any new player. Maybe his value is marginally lower now, as you suggest. But over the medium to long term, these fluctuations will be irrelevant. If all goes well that is, fingers crossed.

Its like any other investment in business. It is important to know your objective, whether it is a short term buy-and-sell investment, or a longer term investment. If its a short term investment to make a quick profit, the timing you buy is vital and even a small variation is important. However, if its a medium to longer term investment, these small fluctuations do not matter - its more important to "secure the investment" sooner rather than later. IMO the Benassi deal falls in the latter category, so our strategy looks sound to me.

what last game? the 45 minute cameo? and lack of appearences ever since?

i find it laughable, tbh, how much you defend management and how everything is the best thing that anyone has ever done.... its just naive, to be honest.

sell our 2nd best young prospect -> best thing we've ever done, unlocking that cash
sell a whole bunch of first team stars, fail to qualify for CL -> best thing we've ever done, saving all those wages
spend money on rocchi -> best thing we've ever done, he's going to be a class back up

like, cmon dude, its tiring.

Bluenine
29 Jan 13, 00:04
what last game? the 45 minute cameo? and lack of appearences ever since?

i find it laughable, tbh, how much you defend management and how everything is the best thing that anyone has ever done.... its just naive, to be honest.

sell our 2nd best young prospect -> best thing we've ever done, unlocking that cash
sell a whole bunch of first team stars, fail to qualify for CL -> best thing we've ever done, saving all those wages
spend money on rocchi -> best thing we've ever done, he's going to be a class back up

like, cmon dude, its tiring.

Calm down, mate. If you read my posts, you will see that I am quite critical of our transfer strategy this window. You have quoted me all wrong...

- I never said "signing Rocchi was the best thing we have ever done", on the contrary I find the transfer quite irrelevant. However, its just a cheap, temporary back up striker. I would have preferred a different option, but this decision is not what will make or break us.

- Re Coutinho, all I said was that 13m is good price for him, and looks good in our books as his book value is low. I clearly mentioned that whether the Coutinho transfer is good or bad for Inter DEPENDS ON WHAT WE DO WITH THE MONEY! So I have no idea where you got that "its the best thing we have ever done" bit from. Maybe someone else?

- This Benassi ownership is a much better example of where we differ. I am just glad we bought him when we did, one of those rare times where Inter actually got it right. And I tried to explain my rational in my last post. I am quite surprised that you actually think Inter blundered on this one too. Perhaps tomorrow you will think differently.

EDIT: Anyways, peace bro. We are on the same team. Lets just blame it all on this Paulinho cliffhanger... its probably getting in everyone's nerves! :)

.h.
29 Jan 13, 07:25
I am perfectly calm, I'm merely stating my exasperation ;)

Aliano
31 Jan 13, 07:05
Sorry for him an Obi.With these new arrivals they won't get enough time to play

.h.
31 Jan 13, 08:09
tbh, not true
we desperately needed more midfielders

we were playing jonathan in real matches ffs, and zanetti in CM.

now it means that..
1 - we replaced mudingayi
2 - we dont have to start gargano every game
3 - we dont have to play JZ in CM anymore

rockball
31 Jan 13, 10:30

:troll:

Cal
31 Jan 13, 11:04

lol, we dont HAVE to, but you just know we will......

Davide
31 Jan 13, 12:41
we were playing jonathan in real matches ffs, and zanetti in CM.

Lol "real" matches.

Someone posted an article on here about Strama wanting Schelotto so that Zanetti could play as interno. Lets hope its a rubbish report because I would like him nowhere near the CM positions.

Pajo
31 Jan 13, 12:44
Obi is versatile as hell as well, i wont be surprised if he stays FIT, to get chances to play as LWB.

apahllo
08 Feb 13, 07:34
He deserves more playing time, a lot more playing time. And I hope benassi gets more playing time than stanky/gargano because we need him to develop a hell of a lot more than those scrubs need to prove their worth...

Handoyo
08 Feb 13, 11:01
I wonder if Kovacic's arrival just spells doom for Benassi. :|

.h.
08 Feb 13, 11:04
i saw a nice little commentary a while back which was wanting to know why benassi seems to have disappeared from strama's radar... he was doing so well, and now, we dont give him any chances

:youthproject: go figure

thatdude
08 Feb 13, 17:23
Obviously playing times going to be hard to come by now that Kovacic is here, because Strama will not play them together in Serie A I can guarentee that. I think he may get some time in the EL and that's about it. I doubt we'll even start him in the return leg Coppa fixture since we are losing.

Oh and I heard Strama was trying him out in defense. Could be the libero in a back 3, although idk how his defensive positioning is.

Wallace
08 Feb 13, 17:28
Who cares? He will just be one of those youths.

Gets loaned out, and vanishes from planet Earth there and after.

apahllo
08 Feb 13, 20:53
i saw a nice little commentary a while back which was wanting to know why benassi seems to have disappeared from strama's radar... he was doing so well, and now, we dont give him any chances

:youthproject: go figure

I was too quick to dismiss playing benassi and kovacic both together. But with kuz and kov arriving its like we are a team of midfielders. Cambiasso and guarin are necessities now there along with kov( I'm sure he will become as vital to our offense as the other 2). On top of that we have deki and obi returning and gargano fighting for minutes... All this for a hypothetical 3 spots for a 433 that's being talked about in the media.
Edit: forgot about us buying schelotto so zanetti can midfield as well. Holy fuck I hope that's not true...

If we start winning games, especially in the euro and domestic cup, then I would expect him to get a fair amount of minutes. But who knows... Deki is still under contract and we have gargano until June.

wera
08 Feb 13, 22:39
I'd love it if we played Kova in attack (winger/amc)
and Benassi in midfield, altho Benassi needs to work on his defence. It's clear that we can't play Kova in mid, and Benassi in attack

German_Interista
21 Feb 13, 19:22
I'm so happy for him. If those dickhead wouldn't foul him around 15minutes before and get his well-deserved red card, he could have scored earlier.

GRANDE BENASSI, great half. Hope we will see him more often now :slick:

Nyall
22 Feb 13, 05:16
I love it when our youth score! Congrats on the debut goal!

Choppin Onions
22 Feb 13, 06:47
Shit I missed Benny's goal. Turned it off the stream just before as I thought the lads would just pass the ball around aimlessly. Just it on youtube though... Good strength holding off the defender and a nice finish.

Should probably be loaned out next season to get experience like Duncan but I have confidence this kid can become a good player for us. He has the tools. Just needs a bit more seasoning at the professional level, whether it be in Serie B or for a lower-league side in the top flight.

Y&h
22 Feb 13, 09:10
HE SCORED A GOAL?!!!

Fucking Al-Jazeera :palm:

Can someone descibe/review his participation in the game?

Mr. Ha? PJ? Ninu...um Faprizio?

The_Eradicator
22 Feb 13, 10:09
Vice Milito confirmed. Rocchi GTFO :trolldad:

Batman
22 Feb 13, 12:33
Really happy to see him scoring, Forza Benassi, keep it up.

Aliano
10 Mar 13, 11:23
I have a sense that someday he will become Juve or Milan star player:palm:

.h.
10 Mar 13, 11:31
our treatment of benassi since his debut has been disgraceful

Pajo
10 Mar 13, 11:39
Well, im not saying he should start every game, or even get minutes in every game... But what he gets is way to little, the guy showed he can cope with the pressure and play. Why he isn't getting ANY minutes is beyond me.

Im one of Stramas biggest supporters, but he is losing his credit for me, day by day.

.h.
10 Mar 13, 11:44
im not saying he should start every game either, but the lack of appearances for benassi of late is shocking. completely shocking. we basically gave the kid a false debut.

junior55
10 Mar 13, 12:38
Benassi is the failure of Strama . That kid has been good in every match he has played and if strama prefers Gargano-Cambiasso to him and Kovacic is only his failure and his lack of courage.

U can say " well the club forces him to get results so he can't risk with youngsters" . Well where is written that u can't get results with youngsters when they are good. That's why i love Zeman , he believed Florenz and Bradley were good enough and he benched De Rossi to give them space. Yes he failed with results but for sure he didn't fail because playing Florenzi and at least , unlike Strama he managed to develope some players .

Jane The Virgin
10 Mar 13, 20:33
i just realized, he looks exactly like Nole Djokovic <3 :D :D

Ismael
10 Mar 13, 22:59
seeing gargano,stanckovic,cambiasso play and u sittting on the bench must hurt. the kid knowes he is better,... he has showen everytime he had played that he is ready, like some of u are saying what strama is doing with kovacic and benassi is disgrcefull. I really think strama knowes but he dont have the courage to play with them, both.. Right now a midfield of Benassi,cambi,Kovacic is the best we have....

but everytime i see how this inter suck.. i close my eyes and dream of a team like this in the near future....

Handa/Bardi..Jung/peruzzi..Rano-juan..Naga/Mbaye...Benassi-Kovacic-Duncan....livaja..Icardi/longo..Coutinho/Beassa... Yeah Cou is back in my dreams,...

sanka
11 Mar 13, 10:32
Out of position Benassi means bad played Benassi. Strama congrats you've burned him.

Batman
11 Mar 13, 10:50
I really feel for this guy, not playing for many matches and then play him out of position then get subbed.

Pajo
11 Mar 13, 12:39
Just like Ranieri did with Poli :lol:

Howl
15 Mar 13, 01:53
has anyone got a gif of this kid running?

:awwwyeah:

Wallace
15 Mar 13, 04:52
Just like Ranieri did with Poli :lol:

To be fair, Ranieri benched Cambiasso for Poli for some time to ameliorate the lethargic paste in our midfield game, so give him the credits he deserved.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

The_Eradicator
15 Mar 13, 11:14
Got beaten way too easily by Dembele today which ultimately cost of us the tie, though it's hardly his fault when he is so underdone and ill equipped for a game like this.

I dunno since his debut when he looked very composed and confident his mentality has changed, he's way more timid and its almost as if he is scared to make a play in case he screws up knowing Strama will drop hiss ass for another 2 months. The difference between him and Kovacic is amazing, Kova is always actively looking for the ball getting into positions to receive it, while Benassi looks far more content to be a bystander and let others have the limelight. Difference is Kova knows regardless of what happens he's still got Stramas confidence and a spot at the very least on the bench, Benassi on the other hand has no such guarantees, one bad game and he is in the stands.

Agree we should of managed him much better, we should of slowly integrated him into the team with more and more playing time, instead he plays well gets dropped and then doesn't play for a couple weeks gets a handful of minutes, rinse repeat etc.

thatdude
15 Mar 13, 11:50
I don't think he's regressed by any means. He's just playing like a youth team player who's having his first shot with the big boys. Kova doesn't play like a youth team player because he hasn't been one for 2 years. He already has experience in European games against big clubs. The biggest difference between youth and adult football is the mental speed. Something that can only be learned with playing time. Kova has it already. Benassi's will come, either by loan spell or by slowly integrating him here.

And Strama has given him playing time in back to back games. That's a good sign.

danny275
15 Mar 13, 13:11
I thought he was very good last night, myself

F U C K MILAN
15 Mar 13, 13:22
yes he might have fucked up for the goal, but he showed some glimpses of good passing as well...
it was a very important learning experience for him and i hope he keeps on getting minutes and develops his physique

rockball
15 Mar 13, 13:56
I want to see him play with Kovacic. Kova almost has no support in midfield. Last night, he got frustrated at one point since he had the ball for too long and no one came to take a pass from him. That's precisely why I dislike seeing Cuchu and JZ play. But we have to start changing that, and it has to be with youngsters.

chipschups
15 Mar 13, 14:36
guys, we need to remember this season he has zero experience in europe,,
looks the difference between him and kova who looks very calm on the pitch
this confidence problem will gone if he gets more and more playing time,,

Pajo
15 Mar 13, 14:40
He has technique and has passing. His attacking movement is not bad also.

But my god, he is so shit in defense, worse than Kuzmanovic.

wera
15 Mar 13, 14:42
Cambiasso was good yesterday, tho, he was actually a box to box midfielder, almost AMC haha. But yeah, we don't really have a lot of players like Benassi and Kovačić, who can actually pass.

Kakaroto
15 Mar 13, 18:03
He's a youth player growing making errors don't need to be going crazy every time they make a mistake then don't bitch that we have an old squad.

He showed he's green in some areas but showed he can be a very good players with additional growth. He's problems are mainly tactical and I think a good coach would work with him on that part of his game.

Kakaroto
28 Apr 13, 21:22
This poor guy. Go to another team please.

Batman
28 Apr 13, 22:06
http://images.wikia.com/ultra/images/4/41/Sad-i-know-that-feel-clean-l.png

Earth
28 Apr 13, 22:44
Poor benny. Well probably ship him out and sign fucking biglia. Sigh.

Y&h
28 Apr 13, 23:09
Useless today, I'm speechless..

When you pass on the donuts, you never leave out Carrizo...

thatdude
28 Apr 13, 23:13

Hasn't shown enough in an Inter shirt. Strama obviously knows best.

Earth
28 Apr 13, 23:15

Devious' donuts?

Y&h
28 Apr 13, 23:41
Devious' donuts?

:awyeah:

Choppin Onions
29 Apr 13, 19:30
Probably banged Strama's gf. What other reason could there be?

Pajo
29 Apr 13, 19:33
Strama's married :awwyeah:

Batman
29 Apr 13, 20:23
Banged his wife then.

Me2
29 Apr 13, 20:23

Even worse, Strama's wife :troll:

Fitzy
29 Apr 13, 23:56

Was that recently? It would explain where his balls have gone since last season.

Kakaroto
05 May 13, 22:00
Why was he subbed at half-time? Another :genius: tactical move by Stramaccioni?

Y&h
05 May 13, 22:21
I don't know why....

Right now I'm looking at his stats from today's game and nothing is unusual. No major mispasses that could have given Napoli an advantage or an indication that he could be a problem to his mates outside the lack of experiance... and we know who's to blame for that.

Still, there were little moments that could explain Strama's fear or maybe lack of real faith in him, like the duels with Dzemaili and Behrami that got the ref's attention and the constant pressure building up from Zuniga on him and Jonthan.

crzdcolombian
05 May 13, 22:25
Why do we just give him 45 minutes..... I mean look Cambi is done. Hopefully we never see Chivu again. He wasn't given enough time and the goals were not his fault. Zuniga shitting all over Jonathon was the real issue today. No more 3 in the back would be awesome.

Fitzy
05 May 13, 23:53
When he was replaced by Cuchu at half time it just filled me with joy and hope for the future.

Kenny
06 May 13, 06:19
Poor Benassi, Stramas scapegoat again along with the injuries.
Suck a hairy ball Strama.

Choppin Onions
06 May 13, 08:43
Poor Benassi, Stramas scapegoat again along with the injuries.
Suck a hairy ball Strama.

Just one?

Wallace
06 May 13, 08:59
Pathetic performance by Benassi, should have subbed on Cambiasso earlier or played him right from the start, we lacked a DM in the first team.

Forza Stramala.

SlumDog
06 May 13, 10:39
Benassi was actually ok. Cambi was nowhere to be seen in the second half. I'm sick and tired of seeing our youth play s o little.

Pajo
06 May 13, 10:40
Benassi was actually ok. Cambi was nowhere to be seen in the second half. I'm sick and tired of seeing our youth play s o little.

It's Wallace :D

SlumDog
06 May 13, 10:45
It's Wallace :D

Sorry, im still new, have to get used to the Wallace irony :D

Pajo
06 May 13, 10:46
None of us got used to it lol. We never know when he is serious and when he's not :D