View Full Version : Federico Dimarco

Pages : [1] 2

.h.
16 Dec 12, 12:37
http://giovanili.inter.it/aas/showimg?ID=4063&S=8&W=326

DOB:10-11-1997
Position:RB
Nationality:Italian

This kid is a great defender we have, born '97. He was hailed by goal.com as the 'new Zanetti', and I reviewed him here:
http://forzainterforums.com/showthread.php?10737-Napoli-v-Inter-%28Youth%29&p=963698&viewfull=1#post963698

I post this, because, he's a right back. And he's scored 6 in 12 for the Allievi B this season.

Ffi201zi002tlis
16 Dec 12, 13:40
another :pedobear: thread from Ibrowhamovic. :excitedeyes:

Inter Siamo Noi
16 Dec 12, 18:38
And he also play for Italy U17 (96') despite he was born only on November 97'.

Kakaroto
16 Dec 12, 18:46
He has 4 assist in 3 games for them....Not bad at all.

There is another Inter prospect with Italy u-17, Federico Bonazzoli, he has 3 goals in 3 games. He's also just 15.

.h.
16 Dec 12, 22:22
yeah, i think bonazooli will be CLASS. if he keeps it up.

Pimpin
16 Dec 12, 23:30
I have a question browha no offense or anything, but did you have high hopes for other Inter generations as much as you have now..

I've read in one of your posts that you follow primavera since 2001 or something, what do you think since then which players went on to be great players and which ones failed, and has there been surprises

.h.
16 Dec 12, 23:39
I wasnt as active in my opinions on the Primavera then as I have been in the last two seasons, so it's hard for me to say, to be honest. Wish I could do better than that, but that's the best I can offer.

though, what i will say, is that it is always true that only the most talented kids in a primavera have any real chance of making it. From last year, that would mean Bessa, Longo, Duncan, MBaye. From the current group, it would mean something more like Benassi, Pasa, Garritano, Belloni, Olsen.

Of those, historically, you expect maybe 2 - 3 being Serie B/A players after the next 3 seasons. I personally currently choose to believe that, for whatever reason, we're producing a golden age of youth talents, and that most of the ones I listed above will 'make it', but historically its extremely unlikely.

Look at othe ones from under Pea. Destro, Dell'Agnello, Natalino, Biraghi, Stevanovic and Bardi were the big stand out ones. Who of that group has made it the most so far? Destro, with Faraoni (who barely played for them) second. Stevanovic is barely featuring on Serie A level, Biraghi is an average-at-best Serie B player right now, Natalino is back at Inter with cardio problems, Dell'Agnello we offloaded for Bardi, after he did his cruciates, and he's only starting to feature for Livorno with, if I remember, 1 goal so far.

I do think, among other things, we've changed our youth recruiting a lot in terms of the attributes we look for. Where before we might be looking for good prospect 18 year olds, we've now shifted our focus for younger players (we sign a lot of U-14 players), and also making sure we bring in talented players on the youngest levels - e.g. more and more of our U-9 ->u-13 group (which is when you can only sign local players still) are getting through to higher levels.

If I put our current group in order of who I think is most likely to 'make it' as a professional player...

Olsen, Bessa, Benassi, Longo, Duncan, Pasa, MBaye

thatdude
17 Dec 12, 00:48
Didn't Balotelli, Santon, Destro, and Bonucci all play in the primavera together at one point. Including to a lesser extent Krhin? If so that's a pretty golden generation.

.h.
17 Dec 12, 05:40
Uh, to within a couple of years, but I don't think they would have all started together

.h.
17 Feb 13, 17:48
Dont know how much you guys know about him, but he's the same age group as Frederico Bonazzoli.

He's meant to be the "new Zanetti", an RB/RWB who has been very very good for us.

Well, he's scored 9 goals this season (behind Darko Appiah on 13)...

Kakaroto
18 Feb 13, 20:29
He plays for Italy U 17(He's 15) and has 4 assists in 5 games.

Il Nuovo Facchetti.

eminter25391
19 Feb 13, 11:05
2 threads for him in 2 months? You must love him so much browha :pedobear:

.h.
19 Feb 13, 11:36
didnt realize i'd already opened one - maybe someone cna merge them

.h.
19 May 14, 09:32
went to search for a dimarco thread
couldnt find one

thought i was in the money, could make a new one

checked next page, i'd already made one

:oblivious:

He's scored 10 goals this season for the 2nd tier youth team. He's meant to be the next Zanetti, a top class RB, except he's very attacking apparently.

Kakaroto
19 May 14, 17:42
He plays RB for Inter? I've seen him with Italy and he plays LB since he is a lefty.

Anyways I was very impress by him, he takes free kicks and put in quality crosses. He is a bit slight physically but he fought defensively and was hard to get around him. He debuted for the primavera this year so next year he probably will be a regular.

.h.
19 May 14, 18:06
ah maybe he is a LB then. Sorry.

Kakaroto
19 May 14, 19:56
I wish you said yes so he could be our Lahm or more evidence of Il Nuovo Zanetti. :okay:

Javier Zanetti
07 Jul 15, 18:16
Dimarco has extended his contract with Inter until 2018. He is currently with the first team's training camp in Brunico.

Ronin
07 Jul 15, 18:20
He was hailed by goal.com as the 'new Zanetti'
Certainly has to work a lot to reach that level. Starting by his hair.

satubito
07 Jul 15, 18:45
Would not be surprised if he plays with the first team this season. The fact that JJ is on the chopping block, means we will most likely see him right away.

Batman
07 Jul 15, 19:23
So he is an RB who can play as LB? Apparently Mancini wants him to stay this season instead of loaning him.

Javier Zanetti
07 Jul 15, 19:31
So he is an RB who can play as LB? Apparently Mancini wants him to stay this season instead of loaning him.
LB who can play as RB. I have high hopes for him, Mancini needs to give him some minutes

thatdude
07 Jul 15, 20:30
Was this guy a standout at primavera level I don't remember hearing that much about him.

Ronaldo
07 Jul 15, 21:48
Let's loan him out so Mancini wont be able to use the ridiculous 25-men squad excuse.

Kakaroto
08 Jul 15, 02:05
Was this guy a standout at primavera level I don't remember hearing that much about him.

He was one of the best Italian players that reached the final stage of the u17 tournament and I remember watching it on GolTv and the announcers were gushing, he was 15 at the time. He is of the same generation as Bonazzoli and has always been highly thought of. Perhaps he didn't get much press as Bona but he was a big prospect coming up in his own right.

Wallace
08 Jul 15, 09:07

Just like D'Ambrosio, Santon, and Nagatomo.

Fantastic, it's this all over again.

wera
08 Jul 15, 09:55
And Zanetti.

DARi0
21 Jul 15, 18:39
anyone seen the match vs Bayern? How did he play?

Javier Zanetti
21 Jul 15, 19:54
anyone seen the match vs Bayern? How did he play?
Not a good performance, skinned by Douglas Costa a few times, couldn't match him in terms of acceleration and agility, also made some good tackles though.

Armes
21 Jul 15, 23:27
skinned is an understatement, capitano

TGDella
21 Jul 15, 23:36
Good learning experience though. He's going to come up against wingers who are just too quick for him at some stage soon in his career - best he does that now in a preseason, and gets experience at trying to come up with strategies to counter that speed, rather than in a big game. It's not like he panicked and made a load of mistakes.

Armes
21 Jul 15, 23:45
nah, don't think he'll get a single second in the league, unless an injury crisis happens. maybe one or two games in the beginning of CI but that's it. I believe he'll get shipped - not this year but in the near future. You get youngsters into a match and you can immediately tell who's who. M'Baye was considered a talent, but as soon as he played some real ones, and shit himself all over the pitch, got loaned and sold. Gnokouri on the other hand showed balls and remains.

I was actually impressed with Baldini (92).

TGDella
22 Jul 15, 00:50
I meant for his personal development, not necessarily as a player for us.

Ed.
22 Jul 15, 01:40
will be benched by Mancini from now on.

Batman
22 Jul 15, 01:44
He is 17 :pokerface:

satubito
22 Jul 15, 01:46
What did you expect from a 17 YEAR OLD. These are good minutes for him regardless, and will only help in his developement going forward.

Ed.
22 Jul 15, 01:47
He is 17 :pokerface:

What did you expect from a 17 YEAR OLD. These are good minutes for him regardless, and will only help in his developement going forward.

Mancini will beg to differ. Bench from now on. For sale in the winter as he is not needed and we need to trim our squad.

satubito
22 Jul 15, 01:50
Mancini will beg to differ. Bench from now on. For sale in the winter as he is not needed and we need to trim our squad.

Sounds about right if Mancini is still around....:interflag:

Javier Zanetti
22 Jul 15, 02:53
nah, don't think he'll get a single second in the league, unless an injury crisis happens. maybe one or two games in the beginning of CI but that's it. I believe he'll get shipped - not this year but in the near future. You get youngsters into a match and you can immediately tell who's who. M'Baye was considered a talent, but as soon as he played some real ones, and shit himself all over the pitch, got loaned and sold. Gnokouri on the other hand showed balls and remains.

I was actually impressed with Baldini (92).
That's a bit harsh bro, we're still in pre-season and Bayern are way ahead of us, especially Douglas Costa (played the Copa America). I still think Dimarco has lots of potential, he will obviously have to work extremely hard to improve his physical abilities, but as opposed to some of his competitors (won't mention any names here), he moves like a full-back and he makes good decisions.

Pajo
22 Jul 15, 06:26
Poor Federico. He will have nightmares from yesterday.

thatdude
22 Jul 15, 11:37
From what I saw Costa was bullying him purely off pace and strength, hard for a 17 who's not a freak to deal with that. A 17 year old Phillip lahm would have had a hard time out there yesterday

.h.
05 Dec 15, 13:56
Missed two pens in a row

Pimpin
05 Dec 15, 17:21
already a failure, include him in the deal for German Denis

bandiera
16 Jan 16, 08:06
Loaned to Ascoli in Serie B.

Shaun
16 Jan 16, 08:26
Ascoli are near the bottom of Serie B. Should be a good club to get an in it.

J..
16 Jan 16, 08:48
You can't be sure about that as the clubs in the bottom more often do change their managers and thereby the ideas and views of the players.

thatdude
16 Jan 16, 12:47
Good luck, he's a solid player I hope he gets consistency. Probably will need another year or 2 in B before being ready for A.

KevinB
16 Jan 16, 13:56
Been my beast on the LB for 2 years in a row on Football Manager

Ronin
27 Jan 16, 15:27
His loan is official:
http://www.inter.it/it/news/71177

JJM
27 Jan 16, 16:20
loan with option to buy and counter option...

thatdude
27 Jan 16, 21:36
Moved to loaned players.

thatdude
26 Apr 16, 03:29
Hasn't this guy been doing really well on his loan spell? Perhaps we should look at him for a new lb?

Lol. Let me stop

Ronin
26 Apr 16, 10:00
He apparently has 4 assists in 923 minutes (11 matches) according to Transfermarkt. He did play good in pre-season as well.

WLEXT
26 Apr 16, 20:25
Hasn't this guy been doing really well on his loan spell? Perhaps we should look at him for a new lb?

Lol. Let me stop

There was a rumor around that the club already decided to keep him in the first team next season. Probably for his homegrown status & EL.

- - - Updated - - -

Source: FCINTERNEWS.IT (http://www.fcinternews.it/esclusive/fcin-magic-moment-per-dimarco-si-e-guadagnato-l-inter-del-2016-2017-212121)

Il Drago
29 Jun 16, 19:34
Dimarco Joins Empoli

Federico Dimarco has officially joined Empoli. Earlier today he declared it with joy in his Instagram account.
The 19 year old Inter’s academy product had 15 appearances for Ascoli from January to June.

Source:Sempreinter.com

Ronin
29 Jun 16, 20:12
Loan or permanent?

thatdude
29 Jun 16, 20:14
Damn, I thought he was staying.

I actually kind of had a good feeling about him.

.h.
29 Jun 16, 20:56
sounds like loan, option, counteroption

Kakaroto
30 Jun 16, 05:32
Loan then bye bye see you at RuBe.

Il Drago
30 Jun 16, 08:49
Loan or permanent?

It's a loan with an option to buy and a buy-back clause for Inter according to TMW.

Kova10
12 Jul 16, 19:36
scored the winning goal for italy in the u19 european championship against germay from the penalty spot.

vitomins
15 Jul 16, 16:15
http://www.inter.it/en/news/53367/federico-dimarco-moves-to-empoli

Bluenine
17 Jul 16, 20:25
scored the winning goal for italy in the u19 european championship against germay from the penalty spot.

And he scored again against Portugal! This should be good for the kid's confidence.

Kova10
17 Jul 16, 23:18
hopefully he'll break into empolis team and play a role, because he is really really talented, at least considering his offensive game. defensively he got schooled last year by douglas costa in the friendly, but then again, who wasn't schooled by him last season...

thatdude
18 Jul 16, 01:31
hopefully he'll break into empolis team and play a role, because he is really really talented, at least considering his offensive game. defensively he got schooled last year by douglas costa in the friendly, but then again, who wasn't schooled by him last season...

We completely left him out to dry that day. 17 year old against Costa with 0 support from the winger or midfield. :yao2:

Pimpin
18 Jul 16, 01:32
And he scored again against Portugal! This should be good for the kid's confidence.

he will need confidence to succed in ascoli

vitomins
18 Jul 16, 12:33
he will need confidence to succed in ascoli

He is at Empoli this year.

_OC_
21 Jul 16, 13:41
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxCbeH1edBA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oibc6TPEnbU

Grande.

Inter7
21 Jul 16, 15:13
Sick free kick!

Ronin
21 Jul 16, 16:56
After this season, we gotta bring him back and slowly integrate him into the team.

satubito
21 Jul 16, 17:07
What a talent we have on our hands. Hopefully we don't screw it up like we have done in the past.

http://i63.tinypic.com/jq4vvo.jpg

.h.
21 Jul 16, 17:10

Then it's gonna take a lot of confidence

KaiokenFlash
21 Jul 16, 20:27
Is it me or does he look abit like Antonio Diamanti?

Anyway excited about this young lad

Batman
21 Jul 16, 21:07
He has 4 goals in the tournament, although 3 of them are penalties. Perfect opportunity to sell him for 4m!!

ScottishInterista
21 Jul 16, 23:43
What a talent we have on our hands. Hopefully we don't screw it up like we have done in the past.

i look forward to seeing him winning the league with Juve

kameru
22 Jul 16, 00:03
Damn, somehow when we have quite talented Italiano youngster. I always imagine they Will end at rube.

_OC_
23 Jul 16, 13:14
UEFA.com's weekly wonderkid: Federico Dimarco

Italy and Internazionale Milano left-back Federico Dimarco, England's semi-final nemesis at the U19 EURO, is the first wonderkid of the 2016/17 season.

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Photo/competitions/Comp_Matches/02/39/08/04/2390804_w2.jpg

A tireless left-back with a thunderous shot, Federico Dimarco is part of the Italy squad preparing for Sunday's UEFA European Under-19 Championship final.

The 18-year-old was the Azzurrini's match winner against England in the last four, scoring a penalty and a free-kick in a 2-1 victory. Those goals make the Internazionale Milano prospect, who will spend the next season on loan at Empoli, the perfect candidate to be UEFA.com's first weekly wonderkid of 2016/17.

Name: Federico Dimarco
Club: Internazionale Milano
Debut: 11 December 2014 for Inter v Qarabağ (UEFA Europa League)
Position: left-back
Nationality: Italian
Date of birth: 10/11/1997
Preferred foot: left
Height: 174cm

They say ...
"He has the makings of a great left-back: his natural proficiency in striking the ball means he is a perfect candidate for this role, especially in a back five. Provide him with adequate support and cover, and he offers a real threat for his team to take advantage of."
Stefano Vecchi, Inter youth coach

©Sportsfile
"He shows that physical qualities aren't the most important things – his technical qualities are what count. The difference between him and other players is how he manages the game."
Paolo Vanoli, Italy U19 coach, after Dimarco's display against England on Thursday

Background ...
Inter academy product Dimarco made his debut for the club on 11 December 2014, a month after his 17th birthday, when he came on for the last seven minutes of a goalless draw away to Qarabağ in the UEFA Europa League group stage. He had to wait until the final day of that season for a taste of top-flight action and, after no further appearances, was loaned to Serie B outfit Ascoli in January 2016.

Playing style ...
A left-footed full-back with a powerful and accurate shot, Dimarco is effective at both ends of the pitch. He has an eye for goal too, as England found out to their cost. His double in that semi-final took his tally for the 2015/16 U19 EURO season to five, four of which were penalties.

©Getty Images
Shades of ...
Dimarco has been dubbed 'the little David Alaba' by some Italian pundits. Not the tallest, but fast and powerful, Dimarco has some famous Inter left-backs to look up to in Giacinto Facchetti, Andreas Brehme and Roberto Carlos.

Eureka moment ...
His showing against England. Dimarco's double secured Italy a place in the U19 final for the first time since 2008.

Best-case scenario ...
A rough diamond, Dimarco will be polished by a season at Empoli. The case of Inter team-mate and fellow full-back Davide Santon, given his debut aged 17 by José Mourinho in October 2008, offers inspiration.

He says ...
"I see my debut with Inter as a starting point. My career is still in the making and the transition from youth to senior football was demanding, especially in terms of intensity. But playing against good players is the only way to reach their level."

"I look at Jordi Alba and, further back, Roberto Carlos – I try to study them and take parts of their game into my own."

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/news/newsid=2392301.html

Sassuolu
23 Jul 16, 13:37
Empoli is a great place to find your feet but considering that weve lacked a left back for decades we should bring him back asap if he does well.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

A.l.i
24 Jul 16, 15:46
But we suck like hell in integrating our Primavera players into the first team so I really don't have any hopes of him. Maybe things will change with Suning.

Pimpin
25 Jul 16, 03:39

i was just saying a random serie b team lel.

HE will never be our lb, we have nagatomo and ansaldi :lol:

:cry:

Inter7
21 Sep 16, 23:47
Heard he played well tonight

InterFCAustin
21 Sep 16, 23:51
Yup...the best from Empoli.
AND, we gonna have to pay 3.5 mil to bring him back :palm:

Demokritos
21 Sep 16, 23:56
Most of our attacks come from his side (candreva) too including icardi's first goal.
people will probably get mad if it was DDA or nagatomo playing there.

- - - Updated - - -

Empoli spend 3M to get him, we have 3.5M counter. 500k is not a big loss if it works out

InterFCAustin
21 Sep 16, 23:57
Most of our attacks come from his side (candreva) too including icardi's first goal.
people will probably get mad if it was DDA or nagatomo playing there.
You're right.

I think he's much better offensively then he is on defensively.

Bluenine
22 Sep 16, 00:05

If he stops improving, we get 3m for him. If he develops nicely, we can get him back for 0.5m net. I think Inter negotiated this deal well.

JJM
22 Sep 16, 04:38
Next season replacing Nagatomo please... he is already smarter and more dangerous

Javier'sSon
22 Sep 16, 09:40
While he performed quite admirably last night, I won't base my opinion on that. Playing to impress the team who loaned you is common, how does/did he fare against other teams?

Having said that, he really looked immense, looked like a hybrid of Shaqiri and Ricardo Rodriguez to me!

qb4ever_2k
22 Sep 16, 15:14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF9TO9UF3W8

Inter7
09 Dec 16, 00:42
has he kept his starting spot?

thatdude
09 Dec 16, 02:49
has he kept his starting spot?

Never was one honestly. He has only played in 3 games this year, one was against us.

thatdude
23 Dec 16, 22:33
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1tlhplP1g8

Inter7
01 Jun 17, 18:03
He is at the u20 world cup. Hopefully he goes to one of the bottom clubs in serie A and plays some this season.

thatdude
01 Jun 17, 20:47
Last I checked he was one of only 3 players with 0 minutes so far at the tournament.

ADRossi
02 Jun 17, 12:11
Will be a very useful player that we can sell to Genoa when we pay for one of their outcasts. I love our mercato strategies.

Universe
02 Jun 17, 12:24
Dimarco + 2m + Laxalt for Laxalt. You heard me.

PHM1605
05 Jun 17, 11:42
Scored an amazing free-kick to equalize 2-2 for U20 Italy against U20 Zambia, leading them to WC semi final.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3og0IKAzfKbrGvOTfy/giphy.gif

thatdude
05 Jun 17, 11:46
Coach made the mistake of giving him playing time, scored the equalizer and assisted the winner from a corner. Now surely he can't be benched to give playing time to another young Juventus owned player.

Sassuolu
05 Jun 17, 12:42
Why aren't we looking to bring him back? Considering it's our weakest position at least if he sucks we'll have a homegrown player that sucks.

Ronin
05 Jun 17, 12:49
He scored bunch of goals in the last U-something tournament last year I think, including from freekicks.

JJM
05 Jun 17, 13:15
He couldn't get a start at Empoli...Empoli who suck so bad...they let Crotone surpass them in an impossible run of good form...so...I dunno guys...

Ronin
05 Jun 17, 13:28
He couldn't get a start at Empoli...Empoli who suck so bad...they let Crotone surpass them in an impossible run of good form...so...I dunno guys...
That doesn't mean much though. Nagatomo and Palacio started bunch of times here. Doesn't mean they're better than our other subs.

ElDuccio
05 Jun 17, 13:44
and we also have to consider that much of this u20 players are in Serie B. His subistute was pasqual, he has more experience.

thatdude
05 Jun 17, 17:24
Typical Italian mentality is the reason he didn't get a lot of time. Pasqual is like 35 so of course he must start every game. He was the man at Fiorentina so surely he must be the man at Empoli. Yeah not so much.

ElDuccio
05 Jun 17, 18:37
Yes, thats why they are in Serie B now :work:

compile
05 Jun 17, 19:26
I'd either take him on the squad or 2 year loan out to Sass only if they sell us Berardi if not they can kiss my Treble balls.

satubito
05 Jun 17, 21:00
Would be nice if he comes back and earns the starting job. What a free kick goal today!

Kakaroto
05 Jun 17, 21:07
Loan to La Liga he ain't gonna play in Serie A, maybe in Atalanta, with these retrograde coaches.

DARi0
07 Jun 17, 10:02
I like this guy, he has that drive in him, hope he will succeed here at some point.

thatdude
08 Jun 17, 23:26
He needs to improve a lot defensively. Would probably be best utilized as a wingback because he's very comfortable on the ball and great going forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrdCEWYyrkQ

JJM
29 Jun 17, 20:13
went to Sion on the same deal as Miangue...

thatdude
29 Jun 17, 21:27
Dimarco has gone to Sion on loan. It seems slightly underwhelming but to be honest I don't know anything about the Swiss league other than they have Basel and they tend to be pretty good. Also I keep saying we need to loan youngsters outside of Italy so this is a good start.

“I hope that it’ll be a see you soon rather than a goodbye,” Dimarco told Sky Sport Italia.

“I spoke to the Coach and also chose Sion because of their tactical system.”

Adriano@10
29 Jun 17, 23:22
The good thing is that he should be a starter at sion and if not then he ll never be good eough for inter. Bad thing is other then basel there is no real good team there usually are 3 other decent teams sion included but the gap between them and basel is huge. Also the sion prez is a nut job they had 16 diffrent coaches since the start o the 2010/11 season. Which makes us look like a stable club.

Lyran
29 Jun 17, 23:27
The good thing is that he should be a starter at sion and if not then he ll never be good eough for inter. Bad thing is other then basel there is no real good team there usually are 3 other decent teams sion included but the gap between them and basel is huge. Also the sion prez is a nut job they had 16 diffrent coaches since the start o the 2010/11 season. Which makes us look like a stable club.

Might be a good thing that they´ve had 16 different coaches, then he would know how it is to play as a starter for Inter.

Ronin
30 Jun 17, 09:00
It's official.

MILAN – F.C. Internazionale Milano has announced that Federico Dimarco has joined Swiss club FC Sion on a permanent deal.

http://www.inter.it/en/news/58779/federico-dimarco-joins-sion

Word is that we have a buyback clause.

Manu8
30 Jun 17, 09:26
He will be playimg Europa League and we not

Universe
30 Jun 17, 12:56
Completely against this move. The Swiss league, or as FCBarca would say, La Ligue Suisse, is a fucking C-grade, 10-team league. Sure Dimarco is 19 and not almost 24 like Caprari but he needs to be playing in a better league. I daresay even Serie B is better.

Adriano@10
01 Jul 17, 00:15
Completely against this move. The Swiss league, or as FCBarca would say, La Ligue Suisse, is a fucking C-grade, 10-team league. Sure Dimarco is 19 and not almost 24 like Caprari but he needs to be playing in a better league. I daresay even Serie B is better.

I do agree like i said there are maybe 4 teams that are above serie B standard and the rest is absolute shit. Only positive is that he should be a starter and the swiss league has proven to not be to bad for development of young players sadly most of the come out of Basel FCZ and GCZ so sion might not be a smart move.

Efrain21C
01 Jul 17, 03:21
I do agree like i said there are maybe 4 teams that are above serie B standard and the rest is absolute shit. Only positive is that he should be a starter and the swiss league has proven to not be to bad for development of young players sadly most of the come out of Basel FCZ and GCZ so sion might not be a smart move.

We needed the money fast, and Sion offered it right away, so it's a smart move to send him packing with an option to rebuy Dimarco, while keeping Perisic in our team.

We need results now, Dimarco can probably offer us a left back solution in some years, but not right now, not when we need it

Hasan
01 Jul 17, 04:26

That just can't be rule. They had money and believed in him enough to invest. Luka Modric played Bosnian league at his s age.

DARi0
03 Jul 17, 14:28
so this means we were unable to find a club for him in Serie A/B? Frankly, loan is one thing, but selling him is another.

Swiss have the money and we wanted to balance for FFP. Makes sense, at least we're not hussled in the big deals now, we did comply for the FFP.

Good luck Federico, keep developing not that far away from home!

satubito
03 Jul 17, 15:31
so this means we were unable to find a club for him in Serie A/B? Frankly, loan is one thing, but selling him is another.

Swiss have the money and we wanted to balance for FFP. Makes sense, at least we're not hussled in the big deals now, we did comply for the FFP.

Good luck Federico, keep developing not that far away from home!

I think because Empoli didn't play him much and he didn't develop like we had hoped, we took a different approach with him. Hopefully he plays and plays well.

Adriano@10
24 Jul 17, 16:26
Had his debut in the super league yesterday played a pretty bad game till he had to be taken off due to a injury.

Only good thing is that the coach really seems to trusting in him.

thatdude
15 Jun 18, 01:29
Rumor we’re bringing him back?

Any idea how he did in Swiss League?

Cómi
15 Jun 18, 03:02
I haven't watched him but Whoscored says 9 appearances in a year, so chances are that he was not great. Shame.

WLEXT
15 Jun 18, 03:11
I haven't watched him but Whoscored says 9 appearances in a year, so chances are that he was not great. Shame.

I think he broke his crusader at first appearance.

ADRossi
15 Jun 18, 03:53
He's probably better than Santon, and would be the best set piece taker on our team (lol)

Sassuolu
15 Jun 18, 06:27
Heard he's coming back just to be sold again.

Candreva Crosses
15 Jun 18, 07:25
the one that got away

Wallace
15 Jun 18, 08:01
Give me Dimarco Crosses please.

Adriano@10
15 Jun 18, 12:09
Heard he's coming back just to be sold again.

Is that even allowed? I thought you could not buy and sell the same player in one transfer window.

Ed.
15 Jun 18, 12:18
nvm

Black Knight
15 Jun 18, 16:23
Is that even allowed? I thought you could not buy and sell the same player in one transfer window.

Erkin?

.h.
15 Jun 18, 17:14
a player cant play for more than two teams in a season, but that's the only restriction

DARi0
21 Jun 18, 11:56
Yes, Federico (https://www.transfermarkt.com/federico-dimarco/profil/spieler/198116) is coming back 100% as we had to activate this buy-back clause by the end of May.

FC Sion bought DiMarco at the end of last season for a sum of €4 million, but Inter inserted an option to re-purchase for around €7 million.

The player has made a total of nine appearances for the Swiss club this season, scoring one goal and providing two assists – and this has been enough to convince the Nerazzurri to do all they can to recover the player. The purchase would not necessarily mean that Dimarco will be a part of Inter plans next season, as the club could use him as a bargaining chip in other deals or choose to sell him at a higher price.

Rumours: Bologna wants him, while he could be also sold to Cagliari in the deal for Barella. :megusta:

Wobblz
21 Jun 18, 12:07
Here's what Adriano@10 posted in the Dalbert thread about Dimarco.

I just dont think he s ready for that. He was not as good as i expected him to be at sion. Yes he got injured in his debut which obviously affected his season. But even when he came back he looked like an average super league player and if you dont stand out in super league there is no way you re good enough for inter even as a backup.

Also the weird thing is after getting his fitness back he started seven consecutive games and then was dropped till the last macthday despite being fit.
I know there are many factors that play a role especially if injuries are involved and if you are playing for a crayze club like sion ( their owner punched a tv expert in the face in front of rolling cameras was hillarious). But even under these circumstances if you are good enough for inter there is no way a club like sion would sit you on the bench with 0 playing time fore the last 10/12 games.

Let me say it like this i ve seen other players tear the superleague apart just to fail abroad in way smaller clubs than inter is so i dot see how dimarco is ready for us.

Il Drago
21 Jun 18, 16:01
Parma, meeting at Inter's headquarters for Dimarco: the latest

Newly promoted Parma think about strengthening their squad for the future.

Today in Milan, there was a meeting between Parma's Sporting Director Daniele Faggiano and Inter at the Nerazzurri headquarters: the main talking point? Young Italian full-back Federico Dimarco. The 20-year-old defender spent last season at FC Sion in Switzerland, where he managed just 9 appearances for the side. He previously has been sent out on loan to Ascoli and Empoli in the 2015/16 season and 2016/17 season respectively.

At the end of the meeting, Faggiano said: "Dimarco? No news, we are just talking. Is he close to Parma? We will see. Viviano? As long as he does not sign with me or any other teams, he is a player at Sampdoria. Quagliarella? There is nothing. Stulac? We are working, and we are confident for all those we are interested in".
https://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/parma-meeting-at-inters-headquarters-for-dimarco-the-latest-1

ADRossi
08 Aug 18, 03:50
Loaned to Parma with an option for them to buy, and a option for us to buy back

https://www.inter.it/en/news/63613/three-players-join-parma-calcio

Guney
15 Sep 18, 14:52
:)

danz
15 Sep 18, 14:57
hi

ADRossi
15 Sep 18, 15:14
This idiot is the prime example of how we're a joke as a club. This kid is 20 years old, Milan born, and has never looked out of place when I've seen him play. In fact, he has always looked promising. He was the captain of the Italian NT at a few youth levels, as well as their designated set piece taker. Home grown player who would qualify for Club Trained status. I'm not pretending he's a future world class player, but there is absolutely no doubt in my mind he could be AT LEAST an average left back.

What do we do, instead of giving him a chance? We splash 25 million on Dalbert who can't dribble the ball without looking afraid. Then when we (allegedly) have offers for Dalbert and can clearly see the dude is awful, we STILL decide to give him another chance (and exclude him from our UCL squad) while telling Dimarco to F off to Parma.

This isn't even me overreacting to one goal, I complained about this when it transpired. Liverpool are starting some 19 year old schmuck named Alexander-Arnold at RB, and we tell our promising players to go fight for playing time at a relegation club.

ElDiego22
15 Sep 18, 15:20
I lost count how many ex Inter youngsters kept fucking us. Forza DiMarco

Delicate
15 Sep 18, 15:21
Fuck you,man.

brehme1989
15 Sep 18, 15:31
Dalbert rejected offers from some French clubs, it's not like we told him to stay. We had to keep him because he kept rejecting every other offer out there.

Shame about Dimarco not being part of our roster.

PHM1605
15 Sep 18, 15:34
It happens when you treat your youngsters like cheap money packets, nothing more. Zero trust.

This guy; Biraghi, Benassi are in national team now; Duncan fucked us hard 1st round. Can’t wait until Miangue and Valietti do the same while we are still figuring out how to use Dalbert, just because he isn’t from our our home.

Grass is always greener on the other side, isn’t it?

Adriano@10
15 Sep 18, 19:47
It happens when you treat your youngsters like cheap money packets, nothing more. Zero trust.

This guy; Biraghi, Benassi are in national team now; Duncan fucked us hard 1st round. Can’t wait until Miangue and Valietti do the same while we are still figuring out how to use Dalbert, just because he isn’t from our our home.

Grass is always greener on the other side, isn’t it?
Da fuk?
Are you really suggesting we should have kept dimarco here?
Cause he showed 0 indication of being ready for inter. Just cause of this goal today does not mean he would have been usefull here actually the past would suggest otherwise!

Wallace
15 Sep 18, 19:55
Well, the argument is Dalbert has shown zero indication to be ready, in fact he has proven if anything, that he is totally not ready.

And yet we have given two chances to him, one last season, one this season, and all that while splashing 25mil euros.

I think it’s pretty clear there’s a lack of trust in our own academy. The cost of using Dimarco would have been zero, while Dalbert created a huge liability in our future mercatos after acquiring him, this bet just had a huge long term effect on the club at every level.

M.Adnan
15 Sep 18, 20:03
This idiot is the prime example of how we're a joke as a club. This kid is 20 years old, Milan born, and has never looked out of place when I've seen him play. In fact, he has always looked promising. He was the captain of the Italian NT at a few youth levels, as well as their designated set piece taker. Home grown player who would qualify for Club Trained status. I'm not pretending he's a future world class player, but there is absolutely no doubt in my mind he could be AT LEAST an average left back.

What do we do, instead of giving him a chance? We splash 25 million on Dalbert who can't dribble the ball without looking afraid. Then when we (allegedly) have offers for Dalbert and can clearly see the dude is awful, we STILL decide to give him another chance (and exclude him from our UCL squad) while telling Dimarco to F off to Parma.

This isn't even me overreacting to one goal, I complained about this when it transpired. Liverpool are starting some 19 year old schmuck named Alexander-Arnold at RB, and we tell our promising players to go fight for playing time at a relegation club.

Thanks for describing what’s wrong with this club.

PHM1605
15 Sep 18, 20:21
Da fuk?
Cause he showed 0 indication of being ready for inter. Just cause of this goal today does not mean he would have been usefull here actually the past would suggest otherwise!
Yeah Dalbert is ready :lol:

Not only him alone, I am referring to youngsters in general. Read the whole list I mentioned then please prove it makes sense to kick them ALL out!

Dogen
16 Sep 18, 12:04
Tu quoque

SiamoNoi
16 Sep 18, 12:15
Da fuk?
Exactly.He played only 9 games in Switzerland last season,lots of injuries.Why should Inter have convert him to a third choice FB?And people here were really mad when it seems that Karamoh will stay as a third choice "send him on loan,he is young,he need playing time,blabla".So,stick with one of this two stories for God's sake.

PHM1605
16 Sep 18, 20:38
Exactly.He played only 9 games in Switzerland last season,lots of injuries.Why should Inter have convert him to a third choice FB?And people here were really mad when it seems that Karamoh will stay as a third choice "send him on loan,he is young,he need playing time,blabla".So,stick with one of this two stories for God's sake.
This may sound strange for you, but loaning one player out and keeping his ownership (sell with buy back option belongs to this category too) is the worst way to develop youngster. Unless that player is already really mature.

Wonder why? The loaned club would give zero shit about the player development, until the buy back option expires. Give youngster minutes = suffer their frequent mistakes. Why would they do that, if that is not their player? Loaned players are gap fillers at best to them.

Therefore, there are only two ways to maximize a youngster development:
- the owner gives him enough minutes.
- the player is sold completely to another smaller club (best case scenario for him, of course)

That’s the reason why so many players only became mature as soon as they left us, not partially, but completely. People knowed that list already. Dimarco doesn’t get many minutes does not mean he is not good. He played great for the U20 national team. Look around to our other temporary loanees, you will see the same situation. Miangue subbed for Murru. Pinamonti isn’t even 1 of 3 forward subs for...Frosinone. Or prime example, Karamoh wasn’t even called up for Bourdeux, while we all know he is as good as borderline starting for us last season.

The problem lies in Inter attitude towards our own youngster, more than the player level itself. We sold Duncan and bought Mudingayi to warm the bench. We sold Biraghi, who is now at national team. We fielded Palacio to gain minutes (in a big margin win - can’t remember is that 5-0?). And I bold this: I am not asking Biraghi and Dimarco being starter for us, but only getting more priority than a worse-than-Santon leftback. But no, we choose to sell then just because they were grass from our side.

Dylan
16 Sep 18, 21:00
Better they go to allegedly play 15-20 games with a worse team than to stay here and get Santon minutes(at best).

PHM1605
16 Sep 18, 21:17
Better they go to allegedly play 15-20 games with a worse team than to stay here and get Santon minutes(at best).
The point is, they won't get those game time until they are sold completely. Like Duncan, Biraghi, Benassi cases. They will eat bench even harder there. Because they are not loaned clubs'players, but our players.

Dimarco and Miangue will be starters for the small teams as soon as we don't own them anymore, not in 1-2 years time. Mark my words.

brehme1989
16 Sep 18, 21:21
There's no magic recipe. Each player reacts different, each setup is different and so on.

I always prefer sticking with the kids in the main team's training session and if they're good enough, eventually they'll play for the first team. This is the environment you want to them to suceed in, so let them get used to it. As has happened with Martins, Balotelli, Santon (pre-injuries he was quite good), Gnoukouri even under Mancini... And it's also where other have failed to impress and you end up shipping them away. Sometimes they mature and develop okay, sometimes it's a mistake to not use them, sometimes you use them for no real reason and their ceiling is Lega Pro. From the recent names, Pinamonti so far falls in the fail to impress category, whilst Miangue was okay but not good enough.

I'm not against loan moves, but they have to take into account a lot of shit that we cannot know. Like the personality of the player, the intensity of the league you're sending him to, the role he'll have, the team's ambitions, the character of the coaching staff he'll have, the location, the new club's ambitions and if they match to some scale our ambitions or if they suit the player's development needs etc. It's too tough to call. You can't say "send Dimarco to Frosinone and let him get minutes" and expect miracles. Parma may be a good fit for him, but maybe sending him to Cagliari would be a bad idea. Maybe sending him to the Swiss league for Sion was a bad idea, but maybe sending him to Denmark to play for Copenhagen would have been a better suit etc. You just cannot simply spew some words and think they make sense when it comes to this.

PHM1605
16 Sep 18, 21:41
^please stop the rude harsh words, "spew"?? It's no longer a discussion forum if all statements simply come down too "there are nothing sure so lets not talk anything".

brehme1989
16 Sep 18, 21:51
What's rude and harsh about the word spew? It's just a statement that there's far too many baseless viewpoints on this issue that keep repeating. You can talk about everything you want, but when people say "we should send player X on loan to team A", it's usually just words put into place that have no basis on reality. Because I could say let's send Pinamonti on loan to Frosinone, but without saying why this is a good idea, all I'm doing would be spewing nonsensical stuff just because I wanted to say something. And no, sending a player on loan to a random team just for the sake of sending him doesn't really work out. And that's what people are usually asking the club to do, when it is in fact a very complex situation. When people will start explaining what they are saying, it won't be 'spewing some words' but it'd be called articulating an opinion. More of that please, less "feelings" about words. And it wasn't directed at you or Dylan in particular, it was a general comment. I actually agree with your input.

ScottishInterista
17 Sep 18, 09:51
^please stop the rude harsh words, "spew"?? It's no longer a discussion forum if all statements simply come down too "there are nothing sure so lets not talk anything".

Dont ever visit a thread where an Aussie has been then

DARi0
17 Sep 18, 18:17
Just for the record: KlJJQQ_W_QI

Dimarco: 'Destiny against Inter'

“I think we deserved the victory, because we fought hard as a group to the bitter end,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

He found the net with an extraordinary strike from 25 metres out, off the outside of the left boot to bounce in off the underside of the bar.

It was posited to Dimarco that this was a Roberto Carlos style of goal.

“Let’s lot exaggerate with comparisons. I scored a goal and I’m happy. I dedicate this goal to my daughter, who will be born in a month.

“I anticipated Matteo Politano and then saw a gap, so I hit it. It went well. I am a little sad that I scored it against Inter, because I am an Interista at heart, but it’s an important goal for the present and the future.”

“I don’t know if it was destiny, but I am focused on Parma now. We have to do everything to achieve safety and then we’ll see.

“If Inter maintain that I am worthy of the club, then I’ll go there next season, otherwise I’ll be at another club.”

// sounds mature enough for me, especially being a dad @ 21. I always rated him and hope he develops well enough to play in our squad.

brehme1989
17 Sep 18, 22:00
Title: Destiny against Inter.
Actual words: I don't know if it was destiny.

Fuck the media.

Puma
18 Sep 18, 02:59
For a player like Karamoh, who I felt made progress last season and was on the verge of getting increased playing time, moving back to France was a shit move. However, I understand why he moved given that Candreva remained and Keita arrived at the end of the transfer window. I think his interests would have been better served by staying on at Inter and being coached by Spalletti but only if Candreva was shipped to another club or Inter did not acquire the services of Keita.

For a player like Pinamonti, going to another club was the only answer. Firstly, because Martinez and Icardi were in front of him in the pecking order. And secondly because he had hardly played in the past 18 or so months.

I agree that there are many factors that have to be taken into consideration when it comes to players being loaned and whether they will be successful while they are on loan. However, I also agree with PHM1605. Loanee clubs when they take a player are not really invested in the development of that player in the same way a parent club would be.

Personally, I believe loaning a player is risky because it means that the management of that player and their development, or lack thereof, is out of the hands of the parent club. For a player like Adriano who went to Parma and Fiorentina that is not such a big deal because he was immensely talented and it was only a matter of time before he returned to Inter as a starter. Those clubs would have been stupid not to use him.

But for players like Karamoh, Di Marco, and Pinamonti it is a little more difficult to tell whether they will be used and how they will develop. Regarding Karamoh, I would be extremely disappointed if he regresses and gets little playing time in France as I feel he was on the verge of a breakthrough. With regards to Di Marco, my only hope is that he gets alot of playing time at Parma and returns to Inter at the end of the season a better and more confident player than when he left.

La Brujita
18 Sep 18, 22:38
I don't like this guy at all. Hopefully he's sold asap to whatever shit club wants his ass.

Wallace
24 Sep 18, 09:20
An assist from a long pass to Inglese, great vision.

thatdude
07 Oct 18, 14:43
Is he injured or does he only play against Inter? Don’t think he was even on the bench for Parma tonight

ADRossi
07 Oct 18, 14:57
Is he injured or does he only play against Inter? Don’t think he was even on the bench for Parma tonight

He tore a muscle. Will be out a while.

FEDERICO DIMARCO: In seguito al distacco miotendineo degli adduttori e degli addominali di destra rimediato durante la gara contro l’Empoli, e dopo un consulto con il professor Orava, è stato deciso di procedere all’operazione chirurgica. La stessa verrà svolta a Turku (Finlandia) il prossimo 15 ottobre.

He's having surgery later this week.

http://parmacalcio1913.com/qui-collecchio-il-report-medico-settimanale-6

DARi0
29 May 19, 10:56
Benfica interested in Federico Dimarco, Inter look to sell for €12M

According to FCIN, Benfica have established contact with the agent of Federico Dimarco. The Portuguese club has an excellent relationship with agent Giuseppe Riso as both sides have done business in the past (Bryan Cristante). Their left back Grimaldo is leaving and so Benfica are willing to focus on a younger and emerging talent, identikit that matches with what Federico Dimarco has to offer.

Inter, meanwhile, are evaluating the possibility of cashing in on the Italian. The Nerazzurri redeemed him a year ago from Zion for €7M and now could sell him for €10M-€12M. June 30th is closing in and selling Dimarco now would give the club important capital gains.

Puma
05 Jul 19, 09:54
Does anyone know if he is going to be in Conte’s training camp?

DARi0
19 Jul 19, 09:16
According to Sky Italia, Inter are in negotiation with Torino for the transfer of Federico Dimarco on loan with option to buy. We are at a good point of the negotiation which should close next week.

CafeCordoba
19 Jul 19, 10:10
Where's the upside for Inter?

YoramG
19 Jul 19, 10:35
Where's the upside for Inter?

Just laying the foundation to also take Belotti on a loan with an option :work:

Wallace
19 Jul 19, 21:05
Plusvalenza for Dzeko

ADRossi
21 Jul 19, 03:31
Surely he would be a more viable option at LWB than Dalbert.

satubito
21 Jul 19, 19:22
Why we aren't using him is beyond me. Better than Darmian ffs.

thatdude
21 Jul 19, 20:31
Wouldn’t have minded seeing him play last night instead of Dalbert. I feel like we should have let Conte at least take a look

nurko
21 Jul 19, 22:19
Wouldn’t have minded seeing him play last night instead of Dalbert. I feel like we should have let Conte at least take a look

Conte decides if Conte will have a look :D

Palacio
22 Jul 19, 14:59
We should keep him. He can't be worse than Dalbert or slower than Asamoah and he is home grown I think.

DARi0
23 Jul 19, 20:44
Federico Dimarco could be in line for a move to Bologna towards the end of the transfer window, according to FcInterNews.it.

The 21-year-old has returned to Inter after making 14 appearances on loan for Parma last season, but he is not part of Antonio Conte’s plans for the 2019-20 campaign. Bologna are evaluating several profiles in the left-back position and have not yet made a decision on who they wish to pursue. Torino were recently linked with Dimarco as well, but the Granata have not made any approach whatsoever and seem more interested in other players.

MusicalMafia
23 Jul 19, 21:08
Guys, have you actually seen more games from him?

I only saw two last season, the one against Inter (ok but largely because of the goal) and the disaster he played against Poland U21. Maybe my sample is small but I'm kind of surprised by the optimism here. Personally, I'm not surprised by bottom clubs contemplating to sign him and Conte not wanting to include him...

Gaindé
24 Jul 19, 07:55
I think that when he plays with confidence he is very interesting. Lately he didn't have much play time, being backup of Manuel Pasqual at Empoli and then Gagliolo/Gobbi at Parma. He has always been pretty OK with the Nazionale. In confidence he provides great set pieces and a lot of activity. The problem is that when he had the opportunity to use him, we chose to sign Dalberto Carlos.
I used to watch the Primavera ( when young and dumb me thought that those youngsters had any chance of making it to the first team) and I'm so disappointed to see how he is now.
Not Inter material anymore imho but I'd take him over Dalbert anytime.

ElDuccio
31 Jul 19, 17:09
he is back with the group, maybe he get's some chance against Tottenham, would be interesting...

ADRossi
04 Aug 19, 15:51
He needs to be given a chance

Kova10
04 Aug 19, 15:59
He is the perfect player for Contes system. Just lacks experience to be a starter at LWB.

thatdude
04 Aug 19, 19:12
Honestly is he any worse than Biraghi or Dalbert? He also has the added benefit of being a good set piece taker

Ethor
04 Aug 19, 20:43
He definitely needs to be considered. Should start in final preseason match for a longer look at least.

Anne Marie
04 Aug 19, 21:46
He got a very good left foot. When he made those decisive and a bit curling cross, I felt satisfactory. But seriously, everyone gets better, must be Conte’s method no doubt.

Alex de Large
04 Aug 19, 23:29
Dalbert should be sold.
Dimarco starter. Asamoah sub for LB.

Wallace
04 Aug 19, 23:48
I would be more inclined to have Asamoah starting at the moment.

Dimarco can wait for his chance.

Ed.
05 Aug 19, 00:26
Took me a while to recognise him because I missed the announcement when he subbed on, his interception was quite good and the way he played gave a lively play on the left flank than a monotonous Dalbert.

Provi
05 Aug 19, 02:16
Stepped up to the penalty spot as well. Some very refined left foot that is. I also remember him celebrating like crazy after scoring against us. This guy has the mentality and potential to succeed here. Now it's up to Conte.

Pajo
05 Aug 19, 06:15
Id like to have him, Biraghi and Asamoah as LWBs next season. Asamoah can cover the midfield as well.

Universe
05 Aug 19, 08:20
For some reason, the guy has always come across as a bit of a hot head to me. Even last night, every time he went to challenge for the ball, I kept thinking he was gonna lunge in wildly :lol: Kid has always had a good left foot though. Scored some nice free kicks for the Italy youth teams and obviously that screamer against us.

There's always an argument over keeping young players as backups vs letting them go out on loan in the hope that they'll be a first team player elsewhere. The latter is preferable IMO, and more beneficial for their development. But there's always the risk they'll just warm the bench at some relegation club who prefer to play 38 year olds for their 'experience' - exactly what happened to Dimarco at Parma last season.

Not advocating him, but Biraghi by comparison is 5 years older and has played 4 consecutive seasons in the top flight (La Liga and Serie A) as a first choice starting player, playing in 139 of 152 league matches in that time. What does Dimarco have? A golazo against us, some nice flashes in a preseason match and 2 shit years of injuries and bench time. Point is, that's not a player whose track record I want to rely on.

It would be a massive risk to place any expectations on Dimarco at Inter at this time. The good thing is, he's only 21 and has a contract until 2023 so we can actually afford to be patient with him. If it were up to me he would go out on loan every season until he can actually find some regularity, like Biraghi did. Whether that's 1 season, 3 seasons or until his contract runs out and we let him go, at least we can monitor his progress before depending on him to deliver. Unless Conte has seen some hidden prodigious skill in training, Dimarco simply doesn't have the body of work to convince yet.

Maybe we can keep him until he's 30 and has never played a game for us, like Longo :einstein:

Il Drago
05 Aug 19, 08:47
Dimarco couldn't start at Parma ahead of grandpa Gobbi and Gagliolo who is a natural CB. Even if he was decent against Spurs (i didn't watch the match) it doesn't mean he's ready to be one of our two options in left wingback position. I am ok with Dimarco staying only if he's going to be our third option in that position. If Biraghi can join Inter on a loan swap deal with Valero, i certainly prefer him over Dimarco.

Sassuolu
05 Aug 19, 08:57
He was injured for most of last season if I recall.

I liked his impact on the game when he came on, seemed very confident. Why not keep him as a rotation option and make some money off Dalberto Carlos?

Il Drago
05 Aug 19, 09:05
While Dimarco lost many games due to injury, injuries weren't the only reason he wasn't starting for Parma. Out of the 24 games he was in the squad, he started 10 of them, he was a sub in 3 of them and he remained on the bench in 11 of them.

vitomins
05 Aug 19, 15:20
While Dimarco lost many games due to injury, injuries weren't the only reason he wasn't starting for Parma. Out of the 24 games he was in the squad, he started 10 of them, he was a sub in 3 of them and he remained on the bench in 11 of them.

But 8 of those 10 starts came in the final 12 matches of the season, so after the injury he slowly worked his way into the starting lineup.

n4l
05 Aug 19, 15:24
#vitostats

ADRossi
05 Aug 19, 22:41
Never underestimate the determination of Italian managers to play aging, terrible veterans over promising youth players.

Provi
11 Aug 19, 00:21
Ok so this guy buried his penalty kicks into the bottom right corner twice.. and then the camera switched to Conte clapping/smiling in both scenarios. A big Deja Vu moment for me.

VS Tottenam

https://youtu.be/L_9XTOQmjeM?t=220

VS Valencia:

https://youtu.be/EC0vHN6_Uyk?t=187

I smell something is going on here... really hope Conte sees something in him.

ElDuccio
11 Aug 19, 00:54
yeah i was thinking the same thing in both matches :lol: but he also clapped his hands for the other players..

I saw him anyway playing on the right side today. Can he play with both foot? i though he is only left footed, he can't play on the other side..

n4l
11 Aug 19, 11:27
yeah i think conte was experiementing with inverting RWB with the RCM making an underlap run...

thatdude
11 Aug 19, 12:32
I think we just don’t have a back up RWB right now because Lazaro is injured and he was tired of playing Agoume there.

Palacio
11 Aug 19, 19:09
I think we should keep as a wingback or as a defender as he can be very useful for Inter and to avoid having a thin cl squad like last season.

A.l.i
11 Aug 19, 19:28
Looks like we have decided to keep him this season. Homegrown player for the CL.

Wallace
25 Aug 19, 07:27
Apparently we are reaching a deal with Mazzarri to send him to Torino.

This is one of the best move for Dimarco’s career as Mazzarri can help him reach next height and achieve greatness.

Well done Marotta.

ADRossi
02 Sep 19, 22:02
Looks like he stayed put. Hoping he gets some minutes.

indro1908
02 Sep 19, 23:41
Not bad for homegrown list

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk

Ed.
02 Sep 19, 23:54
I don't think Dimarco qualified for homegrown list

thatdude
03 Sep 19, 01:53
I have a feeling he won’t play much and will be loaned in January

BabyPhat
03 Sep 19, 02:15

He does

Ed.
03 Sep 19, 03:00
He does

i meant the CL club trained list

Sassuolu
03 Sep 19, 05:48
Yeah but now there's Biraghi, in preseason Conte did try him on the right though.

eminter25391
03 Sep 19, 07:25

He's been here since 7 years old, how can he not qualified?

cuba gooding
03 Sep 19, 07:27
I guess he will be substitute of the substitute for LWB or RWB. It is good for our depth and I like him. I just think we will waste him for a year here. it's actually better for him go out on loan

Ed.
03 Sep 19, 16:22
He's been here since 7 years old, how can he not qualified?

Because it is only counted from age 15. But he made it to list A, so I guess he is eligible for club trained.

vitomins
03 Sep 19, 16:40
Because it is only counted from age 15. But he made it to list A, so I guess he is eligible for club trained.

He turned 15 in 2012-13 season.

2012-13
2013-14
2014-15

We didn't loan him out until January 2016.

JJM
03 Sep 19, 16:44
He looks waaay smarter than Candreva...but doesn't have the precious "experience" Italian coaches jerk off to...

GenDire
29 Oct 19, 02:33
Did we recall this guy just to prevent him scoring another screamer against us?

Puma
29 Oct 19, 02:53
Looks that way. Do you think we'll do the same for Karamoh?

German_Interista
29 Oct 19, 18:21
Would love to give him a shot on a game like tonight. Won't happen though

Jane The Virgin
29 Oct 19, 18:53
During pre-season games he looked better than Candreva since Candreva started wearing our jersey... I know those were pre-season games, but still...

DARi0
11 Dec 19, 19:30
Bologna have sparked an interest in signing Inter defender Federico Dimarco in the upcoming January transfer window according to a report in today’s print edition of Corriere dello Sport. Due to Mitchell Dijks continued absence due to a foot injury, the Rossoblu club are on the lookout for a new left back and Dimarco could be the man that they go in for.

The young full back has struggled to force his way into Inter manager Antonio Conte’s plans this season and has been limited to just one substitute appearance all season for a total of seven minutes on the field. Inter, as per the report, would be willing to loan the 22-year-old, who has a contract with the club until the end of the 2022/23 season, to enable him to get more regular game time and continue his development as a player. They would also be open to including an option to buy in any loan move that may be forthcoming.

» Let DiMarco on LOAN to play, sign Alonso on LOAN with option to buy, send Biraghi back in summer. :datass:

Alex de Large
12 Dec 19, 03:33
I'll start him against Fiorentina. He can't be worst than shitty Biraghi

JJM
12 Dec 19, 05:35
I'll start him against Fiorentina. He can't be worst than shitty BiraghiConte is this u?!

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

ADRossi
16 Dec 19, 03:31
I wonder how it feels to wake up every day as a footballer and know you're so mediocre that you can't even replace Cristiano Beraghi

I'mNewHere
20 Dec 19, 14:36
Funny how people shit on Biraghi when he is way better than Asamoah. How many sitters has our strikers missed that came from Biraghi? 1-2 per game. Asamoah on the other hand is yet to make a decent cross

Lui
20 Dec 19, 15:03
I admire your crusade.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

IM21
14 Jan 20, 20:45
That was like a top3 performance from a wingback this season. Good to see.

eduzee
14 Jan 20, 20:52
Good game by that man today. Knows when and where to run, has a decent cross. Would like to give him a chance instead of Biraghi but Conte thinks other way I guess (probable Spinazolla arriving).

Shark
14 Jan 20, 21:06
This cross to Lazaro just before the 3-0 was so juicy.

https://streamja.com/2RoB

dax21
14 Jan 20, 21:12

That's some vintage Candreva

thatdude
14 Jan 20, 22:29
Wish we would give him a shot in a Serie A match so we could tell if we had something.

Bluenine
15 Jan 20, 00:12
I have a feeling he got a start today so that Inter can showcase him to buying clubs. Based on this performance, I can see a 5m+ offer coming.

That said, with Spinazzola coming here I would rather see Biraghi leave than Dimarco.

Devious
15 Jan 20, 07:27
If you want to see Dimarco start from now on raise your hand

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BelatedSourDipper.webp

Universe
17 Jan 20, 03:38

I've always been skeptical about him because he hasn't really done much in his career to justify any expectation. He's also got an injury record having missed large chunks of the two previous seasons.

But one thing that's been visible for a while is that he has a very cultured left foot and he's always looking to make use of it. I really like that. Even when things don't come off, you can just tell when a player possesses some degree of talent in his feet.

You know what's funny? We complain about our shit set pieces and make fun of Politano's corners always failing to clear the near man. Eriksen has been mocked and facepalmed by Spurs fans for the exact same thing during his 2019 year-long slump. But even with both of them sucking at set pieces in the past year, you can clearly see that Eriksen possesses a skillfulness that Politano doesn't.

Whether it's set-pieces or just routine passing/crossing/shooting, there's just something intangible in the body movement and the way a players foot makes contact with the ball. The back-lift, the follow-through, the striking angle and foot positioning etc. Some players have the automatic sense to know to manipulate their movement and their contact with the ball in order to make it go where they want.

Watch how horizontally Dimarco hits the ball in that great switch to Lazaro. Watch his follow-through after he strikes the ball. That all controls how perfectly that ball travels.

Obvious as it sounds, some guys just have a heightened sense of how to strike a football. Dimarco has it. (For the record, Candreva definitely has it too. He's just been mentally broken for 2 years.)

Dimarco's scored some great free kicks for the Italy youth sides and that screamer against us last season of course. Even in his crap handful of pre-season matches, there was the occasional moment where he'd thread a beautiful curling cross, diagonally through the defending markers.

Obviously a having good foot does not make him otherwise a good player. And obviously I'm not suggesting he's Messi 2.0 either. Just saying that his cultured left foot is blatantly obvious and that it's refreshing to see an articulate passer of the ball stand out among our dickhead WB's.

As thatdude says, I wish we could see more of him to properly determine the other aspects of his game and get a better idea of his potential value to us. Sadly, it looks like he'll be pissed off to Verona as soon as one of these Young/Spinazzola fuckwits arrive.

I suspect the reason Conte doesn't trust him much is due to physical reasons. Dimarco doesn't seem particularly fast, powerful or physical in his approach (pretty common for technical players). He's also known for fading a little bit and the saying that "the camera adds 10 pounds" is true for Dimarco because he looks a tad pudgy and soft at times :lol: Could do with dropping a few kgs IMO.

Sassuolu
17 Jan 20, 05:24
I think he was very good in preseason, and vs Cagliari he did better than Biraghi ever did don't know why Conte won't pull the trigger on him.

CafeCordoba
17 Jan 20, 15:04
Cagliari match is like zero proof of anything. They were just horribly bad.

Lui
17 Jan 20, 15:27
I'm gonna trust conte's judgment on Di Marco. If he was good, he would be playing more often.

Wallace
17 Jan 20, 17:01
I would like to just accept everything without proofs and evidence, but then that just won’t be me.

Lui
17 Jan 20, 20:27
I tried that with 9/11 and came to the conclusion that it was a hologram.

Hasan
26 Jan 20, 12:34
DiMarco Van Basten, WTF?

uny_arturo
26 Jan 20, 12:59
What was he thinking when he curled that shot? Too pissed with we couldn't loan him out fast enough?

Irequis
26 Jan 20, 13:03
Lets try the volley with 1/10000000 probability in dying minutes when my team direly need 3 points :einstein:

hitmax
26 Jan 20, 13:37
what was you thinking in that moment really? those attempts only works when you play against us not when you are wearing our colors!

Lui
26 Jan 20, 13:47
Where is the mob who thinks he should start?

CafeCordoba
26 Jan 20, 14:12
This fucking guy. What the FUCK was he thinking? Send him on loan! :troll:

Il Drago
30 Jan 20, 12:12
According to Sky, Dimarco to Verona is done. Loan till the end of the season.

.h.
30 Jan 20, 14:04
Cant believe this guy is 22. Probably time to just sell him.

thatdude
30 Jan 20, 19:42
He’s already announced it via Instagram

Lui
30 Jan 20, 19:57
Kumbulla deposit

Universe
31 Jan 20, 05:57
Kum(bulla)dumpster

CafeCordoba
31 Jan 20, 06:23
Kumbulla deposit

Yes, we're going to use Dimarco as a makeweight.