PDA

View Full Version : Andy Polo

Caecuban
01 Feb 14, 14:22
19-year-old Peruvian forward Andy Jorman Polo Andrade has been signed from Universidad San Martýn on a permanent deal.

https://chewingthecoca.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/polo.jpg?w=545

Andy plays as centre forward and winger.

He played 59 matches for Universitario in 2011/12, scoring 8 goals, and 28 matches for Universidad San Martin in 2013, scoring 4 goals. For reference, Universitario won the Peruvian league recently in 2009 and 2013 and Universidad San Martin in 2007, 2008 and 2010. He played also a total of 8 matches for Peru's U17 and U20, scoring a total of 4 goals.

Good luck Andy!

Ffi201zi002tlis
01 Feb 14, 15:04
Welcome to Livorno!

hcosimo
01 Feb 14, 15:42
I really don't have faith on him.

His numbers are way below average for a striker and remember he was on playing on the peruvian league, that has a terrible level. He will probably end up being loaned until the end of his contract or being sold very soon.

JJM
01 Feb 14, 15:54
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H73iJZQx0YU

it is said that Inter scouts watched his videos and then decided to go scout him over there and they were amazed,convinced right away and so the club decided to take him.

Fifa agent Gianfranco Cicchetti: "He reminds me of Martins,very fast player but with better technique."

and I fu loved Martins!

.h.
01 Feb 14, 16:38
Welcome to Livorno!
i think you mean livorno b

:yao:

- - - Updated - - -

well, we'll soon find out if he's any good or not, tbh.

Cal
01 Feb 14, 17:02
Does pencipal follow the Peruvian league? Maybe we could get his definitive insight.

Wallace
01 Feb 14, 18:09
Does pencipal follow the Peruvian league? Maybe we could get his definitive insight.

He sure has been watching it day and night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

vasilios
01 Feb 14, 20:01
Andy Polo

sounds like a shitty Google Translate version of Andrea Poli

skyline1908
01 Feb 14, 20:51
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t1/1622840_664228153639526_65792458_n.jpg

:trollol:

Black&Blue
01 Feb 14, 21:12
wait I have a Polo car :epicwin: :awyeah:LOL
but these Polo are cool too:
http://www.waitfashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/20100612235250cpxiaotou.jpg

Nero Indigo
01 Feb 14, 22:09
Andy Polo

sounds like a shitty Google Translate version of Andrea Poli

:lol: Here's a fun fact: They were both born on the same day! :lol: ....You know what that means :D

Ed.
01 Feb 14, 22:15
I bought him in FM12 once and sold him to Lazio because he didn't shine... :pokerface:

ADRossi
01 Feb 14, 22:41
I didn't know they named kids Andy in Peru.

My life has new meaning

Stoppani
02 Feb 14, 00:08
[video=youtube;H73iJZQx0YU]

Fifa agent Gianfranco Cicchetti: "He reminds me of Martins,very fast player but with better technique."

and I fu loved Martins!

Don't get your hopes that high. Peruvian League is played in super slow motion. Cuchu Cambiasso after retirement in our league would be like Roberto Carlos from Winning Eleven 4 from PS1 (yes, THAT fucking fast)

He is nowhere near the level of Martins, he is not even near the level of David Suazo.

Big Willy
02 Feb 14, 00:11
Don't get your hopes that high. Peruvian League is played in super slow motion. Cuchu Cambiasso after retirement in our league would be like Roberto Carlos from Winning Eleven 4 from PS1 (yes, THAT fucking fast)

He is nowhere near the level of Martins, he is not even near the level of David Suazo.

So, what's is this all hype about bro? I mean, I've readed good commentaries about him.

Suazo? He might be bad, but that level of shitness is hard to reach.

Bzzlightyear
02 Feb 14, 00:27
The youtube shows he doesnt play as ST, he plays on the wing mostly he plays on right side or Left, i cant judge him by watching his skills on youtube, but i can tell that he can play on left and righs side and is good both left and right leg. For me i believe they will convert him WB(L/R)
By the way he is with the team or does he play at Primavera, and as well i noticed this buy was bought in youth system that means he doesnt apply to FFP very smart move.

And where does he train now any picture that he have landed at Milan or training ground

Raul Duke
02 Feb 14, 00:41

His numbers are way below average for a striker and remember he was on playing on the peruvian league, that has a terrible level. He will probably end up being loaned until the end of his contract or being sold very soon.

Below average for a striker maybe, but looking at the highlights he seems like a left winger who runs down the wings puts in low crosses, but still has the ability to cut in and shoot with his right.

Stoppani
02 Feb 14, 00:45
So, what's is this all hype about bro? I mean, I've readed good commentaries about him.

Suazo? He might be bad, but that level of shitness is hard to reach.

I just think some people here are expecting something great from Polo.
I don't think he'll get to play with us in the 1st team.
Not just because of Mazzarri or Inter's tradition of not believing in the youth.
It's because I don't think he is that special to break into a team like ours (even in our current situation).

Yesterday with my friends we were talking about this.
Those goals videos with the beige shirt (Universitario) were the catch to try and sell him to Genoa.
He hasn't showed anything since then to make us believe he is going to set Italy on fire. He wasn't even a starter on our U-20. When he got to Universidad San Martin they were battling to avoid relegation. Yes, they didn't get relegated but he didn't play a part of this, he wasn't even a regular. So don't believe that it was like Tevez-Mascherano with West Ham.

He isn't even near the level of Jefferson Farfan who at 17 was indeed setting our league on fire. He won the Peruvian championship with his team AS A STARTER and then went to Europe (PSV). He isn't like Juan Manuel Vargas who showed great displays in Peruvian League with Universitario and in Argentina with Colon de Santa Fe (despite winning nothing) and then got to Europe (Catania)

I seriously believe Polo is not the answer. He's not our Lucas Moura (as I read on Twitter) or our Oba Oba part 2.

I was surprised (and not in a good way) that INTER signed him.
As surprised or even more than Colombians when INTER signed NELSON RIVAS.

Big Willy
02 Feb 14, 02:30
As surprised or even more than Colombians when INTER signed NELSON RIVAS.

That's big words then.

Redbullsnation
02 Feb 14, 03:33
Andy Polo?? GOAT name :closeenough

pencilpal
02 Feb 14, 04:08

Seriously though, I don't watch much South American football. Can't get any decent streams for Argentina or Brazil, and no offence to the Peruvians on the forum, but I'm not interested in watching the Peruvian league (the Torneo Descentralizado I believe).

I do try to catch the Copa Libertadores whenever I can though.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to shed some light on the relative quality of the Peruvian league, in the second stage of the Copa Libertadores, Ruben Botta was singlehandedly raping Sporting Cristal last year

Remember, Cristal is a team that won the Peruvian division two years ago, having placed 3rd last year

Wings
02 Feb 14, 04:13
I didn't know they named kids Andy in Peru.

My life has new meaning

I didn't know they named kids Jonathan or Wallace in Brazil.

hcosimo
02 Feb 14, 06:43
Below average for a striker maybe, but looking at the highlights he seems like a left winger who runs down the wings puts in low crosses, but still has the ability to cut in and shoot with his right.

He actually plays as a second striker and as winger.

Stoppani
02 Feb 14, 09:02
Seriously though, I don't watch much South American football. Can't get any decent streams for Argentina or Brazil, and no offence to the Peruvians on the forum, but I'm not interested in watching the Peruvian league (the Torneo Descentralizado I believe).

I do try to catch the Copa Libertadores whenever I can though.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to shed some light on the relative quality of the Peruvian league, in the second stage of the Copa Libertadores, Ruben Botta was singlehandedly raping Sporting Cristal last year

Remember, Cristal is a team that won the Peruvian division two years ago, having placed 3rd last year

No offense taken pal. I just standed out the low quality of my country league (obviously for the level of South America, I do still believe we are more fun to watch than MLS or Asian/African leagues)

It does amaze that you know Peruvian league official name (Torneo Descentralizado), because having changed its format recently most people here call it by its popular commercial name "Copa Movistar". I'm also amazed that you know Cristal was placed 3rd last year... Are you sure you're not interested in watching the Peruvian league or (no offense intended) is it Wikipedia that it's speaking for you? :D

Hugo Boss
02 Feb 14, 13:46
No offense taken pal. I just standed out the low quality of my country league (obviously for the level of South America, I do still believe we are more fun to watch than MLS or Asian/African leagues)

It does amaze that you know Peruvian league official name (Torneo Descentralizado), because having changed its format recently most people here call it by its popular commercial name "Copa Movistar". I'm also amazed that you know Cristal was placed 3rd last year... Are you sure you're not interested in watching the Peruvian league or (no offense intended) is it Wikipedia that it's speaking for you? :D

Spot on... :star:

Pimpin
02 Feb 14, 16:01
Andy Polo?? GOAT name :closeenough

I haven't heard of a single goat named andy polo.. duh

Efrain21C
02 Feb 14, 16:35

He's a wide forward, not a striker as it was mentioned

pencilpal
02 Feb 14, 17:12

I checked Transfermarkt (to see Sporting Cristal's league placing last year, as well as how they did the year before), considering I saw them in a match against Tigre (to get a close look at Botta) in the Copa Libertadores.

No offence taken.

Caecuban
02 Feb 14, 17:52
According to GdS (http://www.fcinter1908.it/primo-piano/gds-ecco-dove-gioca-polo-grandi-referenze-e-costato-zero-104377) he was a free transfer, so what would we lose? Like 3k euros a month or whatever they pay these low profile kids?

Efrain21C
02 Feb 14, 22:47
According to GdS (http://www.fcinter1908.it/primo-piano/gds-ecco-dove-gioca-polo-grandi-referenze-e-costato-zero-104377) he was a free transfer, so what would we lose? Like 3k euros a month or whatever they pay these low profile kids?

He's not a low profile kid, at least for the hype he got when he was signed

Caecuban
03 Feb 14, 23:30
He's not a low profile kid, at least for the hype he got when he was signed

Even in Peruvian league he is not high profile (according to Peruvian FIF members)

crzdcolombian
05 Feb 14, 18:12
What kind of confuses me is his age or that he is in our youth team. Kid didn't exactly tear up the U20 or the Peruvian league.

I mean don't most U20 South American kids go straight to first team or loan when they are in Europe. I know every single Colombian U20 striker was purchased and is either in 1st division italy or Spain. All of them were already starters for their club teams in Colombian 1st division a few in the 2nd divison and had good numbers. It's just weird that we got this kid. Same goes for the Uruguayan U-20 kids.

South America and Europe are different. A bunch of south american teams have real young starters. Lazio got Byran Perea from Dept Cali(same team that had Cristian Zapata and Luis Muriel) were all 3 were starters and came directly to the 1st team.

Only thing I can think of is kid was FREE haha. All the Colombian/Uruguayan/Chilean U20 guys were at least 1-4 million euro each.

JJM
10 Feb 14, 20:16
http://net-storage.tccstatic.com/storage/fcinternews.it/img_notizie/thumb1/71e65856f282599cb8bbebb6c3d8f220-63263-7bcd29b39880dc7ffc694219a8119c2a.jpg

JJM
15 Feb 14, 15:11
http://net-storage.tccstatic.com/storage/fcinternews.it/img_notizie/thumb3/ea23f053dcd28ad02a182788cb13d7a0-48182-98121103244efaa75ab3c23947aae1b6.jpg
Polo with his parents at the airport in Peru on their way to Milano.When he lands in Milano he will have a medical and then he signs
The media there are comparing him to Eto'o:oblivious:...the kid said that it's an honor to be compared to a star like that and that he knows that in Italy it's important to be in good physical condition and that he is already there.

a lot of hype for this kid...is he joining the Primavera or first team?! :oblivious:

Fitzy
16 Feb 14, 09:11
I assume they will hand him a Nike shirt to change into when he lands...?

JJM
17 Feb 14, 22:13
still hasn't landed...or did they forget him at the airport?! :trollol::yao:

- - - Updated - - -

Polo is in Milano: "I will work so I can reach the first team"

Andy Polo arrived in Milano. After visiting the sports center 'Angelo Moratti' the young will sustain, tomorrow, the usual medical ritual and then sign the contract that will bind with Inter.

Here are his first words, reported by elcomercio.pe, before leaving with direction from Peru Italy: "Check here to earn the first team as soon as possible." The player must remember, will join the Primavera coached by Salvatore Cerrone, after resolving issues relating to the residence.

Wallace
19 Feb 14, 07:27
Too much talking, do it on the pitch instead.

thatdude
19 Feb 14, 11:57
Too much talking, do it on the pitch instead.

Not his fault IMO. People keep asking him questions and he's answering them respectfully. Idk why his signing got so hyped but I doubt it's him promoting himself.

Let's remember the last guy we brought over from a average south American country who was already playing in the top tier. He was billed as the new Cristiano, and now he can't get into a Serie B side.

_OC_
15 Mar 14, 14:00
Just scored on his Primavera debut against Cagliari :notbad:

thorn
19 Mar 14, 19:22
http://inbedwithmaradona.com/100-2013-review/2013/12/8/andy-polo

wera
20 Mar 14, 16:51
and now he is at Inter instead of Genoa, where careers are destroyed, not created

AndyPolo
12 Apr 14, 15:59
Not an Inter supporter, I have just been following Polo's career since he was 15 or so. I'm a little more optimistic about him than the other Peruvian who posted about him earlier in this thread. His last season at San Martin was really underwhelming but the reason for that might be that he was expecting to play in Europe and was looking ahead to joining a European club. I guess that doesn't speak in favor of his character/work ethic though. As other people have said he's definitely a winger and his future is on the wings in my opinion. I really doubt he'll ever see Inter's first team, but I could see him finding a place in a weaker league like the Dutch, Portuguese or French leagues. He showed raw ability and potential during his time at Universitario, I admit to knowing very little about Inter's youth development and such (although no offense I get the feeling it isn't the best) but the hope is that playing in Europe and being coached by superior coaches and training with superior trainers to the ones we have in Peru will help him mold him as a player and help him make use of the talent he has which I think is a decent amount. Also I see he has two goals already for Inter Primavera, good for him.

Sqnalkel
14 Apr 14, 00:01
Not an Inter supporter, I have just been following Polo's career since he was 15 or so. I'm a little more optimistic about him than the other Peruvian who posted about him earlier in this thread. His last season at San Martin was really underwhelming but the reason for that might be that he was expecting to play in Europe and was looking ahead to joining a European club. I guess that doesn't speak in favor of his character/work ethic though. As other people have said he's definitely a winger and his future is on the wings in my opinion. I really doubt he'll ever see Inter's first team, but I could see him finding a place in a weaker league like the Dutch, Portuguese or French leagues. He showed raw ability and potential during his time at Universitario, I admit to knowing very little about Inter's youth development and such (although no offense I get the feeling it isn't the best) but the hope is that playing in Europe and being coached by superior coaches and training with superior trainers to the ones we have in Peru will help him mold him as a player and help him make use of the talent he has which I think is a decent amount. Also I see he has two goals already for Inter Primavera, good for him.

Inter has the best youth development in Italy and one of the best in Europe, however we suck at integrating our young talents in the first team. So no, Andy Polo would never play in our first team.

thatdude
14 Apr 14, 00:05
Yup if you look at our track record we actually have amazing youth development. Balotelli, Destro, Bonucci, Santon. The latter three will probably be in the Azzurri set up for the next 8+ years. Not to mention tons of players getting youth national team minutes for their respective countries.

Wallace
14 Apr 14, 01:36
We have youth development at youth level only, youth development after being promoted barely exists at all.

We basically just discover them and ship them off before they blossom to anything.

But how many of then actually blossom to anything at all?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Universe
15 Apr 14, 11:19
I still think andy polo is a hilarious name

Wallace
15 Apr 14, 11:30
How about Polinho?

Oh wait, Moratti is no longer the president.

Eu sempre venšo
15 Apr 14, 16:54
I still think andy polo is a hilarious name

Who cares.

Wings
16 Apr 14, 05:12
Andy Polo, the resurrected spirit of Andrea Poli?

ScottishInterista
16 Apr 14, 16:53
Destined, like most of our youth, to head off and join one of our rivals. Poor guy

thatdude
17 Apr 14, 12:11
He would be so lucky...odds are he'll end up in Serie B like most youth.

Eu sempre venšo
18 Apr 14, 17:49
speaking of polo, do you guys like polo shirts or do you prefer other shirts?

Kakaroto
18 Apr 14, 18:47
I like Caipirinha.

Big Willy
27 Jun 14, 20:49
Close to sign with Millonarios, Colombian team. Think it's a loan.

.h.
27 Jun 14, 20:59
:yao:

Guney
27 Jun 14, 22:04
Mazzarri's contract extension is already in effect in our youth academy

.h.
27 Jun 14, 22:23
if we're loaning him back to columbia he's a write off. offload him while he's worth any money plz.

thatdude
27 Jun 14, 23:12
He's not from Colombia though, he's from Peru if I'm not mistaken.

crzdcolombian
28 Jun 14, 01:02
He's not from Colombia though, he's from Peru if I'm not mistaken.

He is from Peru you are correct. This makes 0 sense but Freddy Montero was loaned to Millos before he went to Portugal and think he finished in the top 3 strikers then again every guy in our league that goes to Portugal is a top striker haha

Millos kind of sucks I don't think they will play the Sudamericana (Europa League) or Copa Lib (Champs league) next year. Makes no sense as I don't think they are a team that uses youth players very much.

TheNetworkZ
28 Jun 14, 04:52
I don't even know how a player can develop in Colombia. I agree with browha here.

Caecuban
28 Jun 14, 15:51
Take a player from Peru and send him to Colombia to develop :troll:

.h.
28 Jun 14, 16:07
good point on his nationality but i have 0 expectation now

Efrain21C
28 Jun 14, 22:06
good point on his nationality but i have 0 expectation now

Maybe they can develop him into a new James kind of player haha

Inter7
29 Jun 14, 19:54
very odd maybe he asked to be sent back to south america.

Efrain21C
01 Jul 14, 00:32
very odd maybe he asked to be sent back to south america.

He did, it seems he likes Millonarios coach, from what I read at fcinter1908.it

Big Willy
03 Jul 14, 00:00
Move this cunt already:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Brk97BFIgAArPQE.jpg

Sokrates
03 Jul 14, 05:59
Is it a loan?

crzdcolombian
04 Jul 14, 03:17
Is it a loan?

yup he will play the Sudamericana (our Europa League). Millos lost their best player who was a striker in the offseason. I don't see how this kid will help but the coach wanted him.

.h.
07 Jul 14, 10:35
he has supposedly signed outright for them. They have 50% of their rights (Presumably, then, we have the other 50%) and he's on a 3 year contract

Not at all surprised. Flop.

ScottishInterista
07 Jul 14, 10:45
Does that count as our non eu transfered player then

.h.
07 Jul 14, 10:47
good question

I would suspect so. I dont know his passport situation, but I THINK non-eu?

chipschups
07 Jul 14, 12:42
if that whats happen, i would say a good move..

crzdcolombian
27 Aug 14, 23:49
dude has been in the bench the last couple games and Millos FING SUCKS !! Losing to everyone and today they will probably get knocked out of the Sudamericana by some shit Peruvian team.

Highly doubt Millos will pay money to keep this kid. If he can't make it at Millos def not good enough to play for Inter or in Italy.

Goldenboyv88
28 Aug 14, 08:00
i think that if a young player goes to play in such shit league is because he hasn't a great talent or hasn't great mentality to become a top player...

crzdcolombian
14 Jan 15, 21:05
He is owned by Millos I think. They are loaning him to a Peruvian team. Scored 2 goals in 16 games.

Dylan
16 Jan 15, 02:43
Andy Yolo.

bandiera
08 Sep 15, 04:41
"il nuovo Lucas Moura" shouldn't be in this section anymore. He left Inter a year ago. Same goes for Belec, Crisetig, and Mbaye.

BabyPhat
13 Jun 16, 04:30
Great assist by Polo to knock out Brazil today! We still own him right?

Universe
13 Jun 16, 04:36

God I fucking hope not.

.h.
13 Jun 16, 06:20
given he's scored 4 in 48... lets just ignore him

Jerry
13 Jun 16, 15:54
oh yea.... this guy....

Kakaroto
13 Jun 16, 19:07
Marco...

ScottishInterista
13 Jun 16, 19:10
Polo

Shark
14 Jun 16, 07:44
The true Polo

http://images.radiopaedia.org/images/2802817/b04d5fe55d767f51456c5c8eda7206_gallery.jpg

crzdcolombian
17 Jun 16, 12:14
Great assist by Polo to knock out Brazil today! We still own him right?

No Millos in Colombia owns him.

crzdcolombian
13 May 18, 20:46
This club legend is now in the MLS and going to Russia

Pimpin
14 May 18, 02:19
did he discover his form yet?

wera
14 May 18, 10:11
Andy........POLO!

Andy...........POLOOO!

JJM
14 May 18, 10:25
Los Polos Hermanos Vamos Ole!

firmino
14 May 18, 15:52
why is this guy even on this forum? he hasn't played a single minute with Inter. maybe he has played for the primavera team but that's not the first team.