PDA

View Full Version : Mancini's Man Management

Anonymous
11 May 05, 13:16
Fontana slams boss Mancini
Wednesday 11 May, 2005
Inter goalkeeper Alberto Fontana has launched a quite extraordinary verbal attack on Coach Roberto Mancini.

The reserve shot-stopper is set to leave the club in the summer but not before he made his feelings towards the tactician perfectly clear.

"If I hadn’t had been stopped by my teammates, I would have come to blows with him. I just can’t take it anymore," he told the QS newspaper.

"I already told him a few months ago, when he was attacking us goalkeepers about the goals we were letting in, that his Lazio side also conceded a sack full of goals.

"Therefore, maybe there was another problem that was linked with his style of play. That’s when our relationship ended, even if we never really had a relationship."

Fontana was actually promoted to the first team for a period earlier this season after Francesco Toldo’s difficulties.

But he was relegated back to the bench and is unlikely to feature again after today’s astonishing outburst.

"I was told that I had become ‘uncomfortable’ because I could create problems with my character," added the former Atalanta No 1.

"But Mancini didn’t tell me this. He hasn’t got the balls to do so even if he is paid to do such things.

"He is a spoilt child who is afraid of his own shadow and always needs help from others, notably (his assistant Fernando) Orsi.

"Mancini was a phenomenon as a player but he is worth nothing as a man.

"After all, there must have been a motive if during his playing days everybody loved Roberto Baggio whereas Mancini was hated."

The Italian added that he believed former Nerazzurri boss Hector Cuper was a much better man manager.

"Cuper on the other hand was a great, a real man," noted the player nicknamed ‘Jimmy’.

"If he asked me to be the fifth choice ‘keeper then I would. If Majorca survive relegation in La Liga then I could go and join him there."

Inter are expected to take disciplinary action against the player for giving an "unauthorised" interview.

This does not sound like good news from the Inter dressing room.

Javier Zanetti
11 May 05, 13:19
This sounds like BS to me.
Read this
http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=17507&L=en

DISCO ZZANG
11 May 05, 13:23
I don't understand QS newspaper.

I don't understand Fontana.

I don't understand Mancini.

J zanetti
11 May 05, 13:30
Is this shit hitting the fan I wonder! :rolleyes:

The Count of Anti-Milan
11 May 05, 14:00
Javier Zanetti, your "news" is 3 months old! ;)

Anyways, Fontana can do one as far as I am concerned. At 39 like him goalkeepers at any team see the pitch usually from the stands and are called up only as a last resort. He played the Champions league and the derby to boot. And to top it all he himself does not know whether he will play at all next season. WHAT THE HELL DOES HE WANT?

J zanetti
11 May 05, 14:03
Javier Zanetti, your "news" is 3 months old! ;)

hmmm... not really budy!
This is from 1:30mins ago! http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=18745&L=en

Ziyad
11 May 05, 14:08
Well we knew he favored several Lazio players over others...I think that fact alone says alot about a coach.That in itself is the fact lots of good players will leave while unneccarry ones will stay and worse START all the time...

I hope Mancini grows from this incident and not let it affect him or the team negatively... :star:

Gismo
11 May 05, 14:09
I couldn't agree more with Fontana. Mancini is one of those men you simply wish was gay. He's a disgrace to the entire male gender until he decides to come out of the closet.

I'm gonna call him barbie from now on. ;)

And that's without mentioning what a disastrous coach he is. I could personally do a better job on bloody amfetamin. I get nightmares at night about how bad a coach he is.

His mistakes makes we wanna join a shockterapi team. :stress:

El Chino Recoba
11 May 05, 14:17
Cuoer had many flaws but he was a real man, whether he was right or wrong he went to your face to tell you what he though of you.

Whilst Mancini is a grade a HOMO, seriously this guy is a kid/woman/gay.

Calls Miha because he thinks little Emre will beat the fuck out of him.

Gay, Adriano-Recoba or Martins-Recoba, it should of been this

Gismo
11 May 05, 14:20
I'd even go as far as to say Mancini is a disgrace to football itself. If I wanted to convince a friend to watch for example the Derby Madoninna what the vuck do you expect me to say when he's sitting with lipstick during the bloody match in front of millions of viewers? :D

Ziyad
11 May 05, 14:23
I couldn't agree more with Fontana. Mancini is one of those men you simply wish was gay. He's a disgrace to the entire male gender until he decides to come out of the closet.

And that's without mentioning what a disastrous coach he is. I could personally do a better job on bloody amfetamin. I get nightmares at night about how bad a coach he is.

Ohhh come on man...As valid as Fontana's comments are or seem to be Mancini still did a great job coaching.His attacking football is good just needs more stressing on the defensive area.Hoefully he learns for next year

Plus we know many of ur views on soccer matters,believe me u wouldnt cut it as a coach :D ;)

So leave the coaching to barbie, i mean Mancio for now :D

primo-inter
11 May 05, 14:47
I can't believe what I am reading.

How can you support a club when you hate the manager so much? Mancini manages Inter so I support him 100%, his past doesn't matter to me. Mancini has always seemed like an honest man trying his best to succeed so for me, he's not a bad person. I don't know what your problems are.

Mancini doesn't wear lip-stick, what the hell? He's not a faggot and I feel disappointed to read you even suggest this sort of thing, joking or not.

Gismo, Mancini is a great coach but if you're to stubborn to see that then I don't know what your problem is. He's the inter coach, you're an inter fan.. what reason do you have to speak this way about him? By the way, as a coach you'd be worse than Bruno Conti. :)

El Chino Recoba: what the hell are you talking about? Mancini calls Miha to protect him from Emre? where do you come up with this sh*t!

As for Fontana, well I'm guessing he's only come out with this outburst because nobody has heard from him in the past 5 months. He's clearly looking for attention and he's upset that he's not better than Toldo or Carini. Sour grapes I believe is what they call this. I don't know what goes on between Fontana and Mancini so I will stay out of that. However, I think this outburst is 100% unprofessional and completely disrespectful to inter. Therefore I say, f-ck Fontana.

DISCO ZZANG
11 May 05, 15:16
Fontana "If I hadn’t had been stopped by my teammates, I would have come to blows with him."

Fontana really sucks!!!!!!!! fuuck you. :finger:

Gismo
11 May 05, 15:35

Ohhh come on man...As valid as Fontana's comments are or seem to be Mancini still did a great job coaching.His attacking football is good just needs more stressing on the defensive area.Hoefully he learns for next year

Plus we know many of ur views on soccer matters,believe me u wouldnt cut it as a coach :D ;)

So leave the coaching to barbie, i mean Mancio for now :D
I would suck as a coach. But not as a sort of co-coach who helps the coach motivate the players before the match and in half time. :)

And yes, I do exagerate my criticism of Mancini as a coach on the account that I simply can't stand him as a person. ;)

NeRanZurri
11 May 05, 15:38
I Can't understand what the hell is going?

Does Fontana support the things everybody is publishing, or he go against, what he really said, or not said??

Man its confusing me.

About mancini, i never heard such a worse words about his man management, but.. i dont know what to say else.. just wait for things to clear up.

Ziyad
11 May 05, 15:50
I am sure Fontana said this,and he will not chicken out of it..

I think its just a clash of personalities that went far...Fontana prefers a strong minded coach that isnt shy of speaking out and confronting,while Mancini doesnt like criticism(no matter how valid) coming from his player to prove him wrong infront of everyone.

It doesnt have to be black or white u know...

DISCO ZZANG
11 May 05, 15:54
I will go trainning ground!! I will kicking ass!!!

Fontana :fero: really disappoint. because I really like Fontana.

Fabio
11 May 05, 16:04
MILAN - FC Internazionale communicates that the club will take disciplinary action against Alberto Fontana because of the contents of a non-authorised interview.

Good! :fero:

But I cannot believe the way people are thinking of Mancini on here...

Fabio :rolleyes:

Tommi
11 May 05, 16:29
I think its just a clash of personalities that went far...
I dont think it´s about that.

Fontana has never had any problems with anyone [as far as i know], but i guess a man cant take everything you throw to him.

If Mancini has attacked only goalkeepers for letting too much goals [and i´m pretty sure he has] then Mancini is out of his mind. I´m with Fontana when he said this: "Therefore, maybe there was another problem that was linked with his style of play".

Fontana :star: :star: :star:

Ziyad
11 May 05, 16:32

Fontana has never had any problems with anyone [as far as i know], but i guess a man cant take everything you throw to him.

If Mancini has attacked only goalkeepers for letting too much goals [and i´m pretty sure he has] then Mancini is out of his mind. I´m with Fontana when he said this: "Therefore, maybe there was another problem that was linked with his style of play".

Fontana :star: :star: :star:

Believe me that is exactly what i believe and would have said if i was in the locker room and was a goalkeeper ,I already said that in other posts.

The thing i am trying to get people to understand is that it doesnt have to be completely one guys fault over the other...Thats why i said it isnt always black or white,infact it never is...

Gismo
11 May 05, 16:35
I think it's kinda uplifting to see a man with balls after witnessing a season of Mancini's relentless attempts of turning Inter into 'Fabulous 5' or whatever that show is called. Fontana has won my respect.

No offence to gay people who I rate equally with all people.

It would be one hell of a sight to see that 'Fabulous 5' try to make a makeover of Mancini's house. :D

Tommi
11 May 05, 16:45
...Thats why i said it isnt always black or white,infact it never is...
Yeah, i didn´t exactly read your whole post. Sorry ´bout that.

Anywayz, i heard Fontana had slammed some players as well. Any names published yet?

INTER_FAN
11 May 05, 16:47
Gismo, guys, what the heck are u talking about here.

Cuper is a man and Mancini is not, hmm who cares, as Inter i care first about Inter. and beside that, WHat are we talking about here.. Inter by all means is playing a better football this year, and since 2005 we are playing on the same bar with Juve and Milan, yes we lost to Milan but we beat Juve and Juve has beat Milan, so non of the 3 teams is inferior to the other, yes we lost the scudetto early but Inter should never expect to win the championship with a new manager and a bunch of new players, never heard of any team, even Chelsea had a new manager this season but lets look at the players, they know eacother very well, esp. lampard and terry.

I dont know why Fontana is talking now as the problem of lacking goals was far before 2005 and since hten our defense was better on the bar with the title contenders.

lets cut the bs , Mancini is a good manager, if he prefers his friends, i;d do the same as long as they perform and look at Veron here and Veron England, totally different player. I dont care if he wants to play his mom as long as we play beautifully and we win, I am sick of the boring football of Cuper and losing the title on the last day is not fun too. he is a 2nd place manager, with Valencia, Inter and wherever he goes. Mancini has potential and next season will say it all.

Ciao,

The Count of Anti-Milan
11 May 05, 17:26
Fontana is a hypocrite. Even according to him Mancini did not single him out personally but all keepers. So Mancini criticises ALL THE KEEPERS and Fontana's response: "You can't criricise me because I think you are a crap coach." Brilliant. :rolleyes:

Ari
11 May 05, 17:39

Fontana :star: :star: :star:Agree with you every word. Don't shot every player who critizise management.

INTER TO DISCIPLINE FONTANA
Wednesday, 11 May 2005 18:00:44

[FOTO Wednesday, 11 May 2005 18:00:44] MILAN - FC Internazionale communicates that the club will take disciplinary measures against Alberto Fontana because of the contents of a non-authorised interview.

Frisko
11 May 05, 17:42
Fontana is a poor, sad, old asshole.

Mancini gave him the chance to play when Toldo made mistakes, even huge games like Valencia v Inter and Inter v Milan. And the fool just goes out and insults him.

He's clearly getting bitter because his career is over, I pity the fool.

Mancini is a man with class an honour, if that makes him gay, then you lost me. He has been completely respectful to our club, even when they made bad choices (he clearly wanted to keep Cannavaro but accepted the club's decision).

Mancini has done more for Inter than that ass Hector has ever done in his loser career, when he made us famous for being the anti-football team, and didn't win squat.

El Chino Recoba
11 May 05, 17:50
http://www.gazzetta.it/Foto%20Hermes/2004/06-Giugno/29/mancinivieri--310x210.jpg

Ari
11 May 05, 17:51
Fontana is a poor, sad, old a-hole.

Here we go. Mancini the untouchable.

Mancini has done more for Inter than that ass Hector has ever done in his loser career

Well you know prob yourself the amount of bullshit there.

Jimmy
11 May 05, 17:52
There's no question that on a football-level Mancini is bringing us a lot. There's still things that he HAS to realise and work on. He needs to learn how to compromise and deal with several players in the squad. Is there any doubt anymore that Mancini favours players? That's okay, but this season is tough since obviously there's a bunch of players that Mancini simply don't want at Inter.

When Mancini goes out and say that Materazzi is good enough to play left back, and drop Coco from the squad, you know something is wrong somewhere. It's not Coco as a player who is that bad, but there is something else. As of now, only the team knows what's wrong. I'm expecting Coco to be the next person to lash out before this season is finished.

If Mancini wants to make this project successfull he needs to learn how to work with other players. This is quite a bizarre situation as you'd think a former player would be better at dealing with players as a coach.

Fontana's comments about Mancini's persona is ridiculously low though. Even if Fontana feels he has been mistreated, he as a human being should know better than to say those things in public.

Hammoudi
11 May 05, 17:57
Let's get some facts starigh here:

Under Mancini, Fontana played 9 games in less than a season.
Under Cuper, Fontana played 6 games in a bit over two seasons.

Don't you think he'd prefer Mancio over Cuper? I am not saying this because I am a Cuper fan, but stating the truth objectively.

Also, Fontana is a good guy, don't deny that now. All his teammates like him, and he had a good influence in the club although he's been second-tier the whole time.

Also, he loves Inter, he could've played elsewhere, but he wanted to be with us. And this is his last season with us, don't you think he wants to leave us in good terms?

But being the real man that he is, he wanted to make things clear. I believe he is feeling for Toldo who was being blamed when it was Mancini's new style and the holes we have in defence. I support Fontana, and I think he is a real man.

I'd love for someone to try and get the entire interview, that could be in Italian. I just want to know which players he criticized.

And to all Mancini fans, don't be blind followers. For once, admit that he has shortcomings, nobody wants to fire him here. He sucks when it comes to dealing with players, and the first step to work on that is to admit it, so this Fontana thing might be a blessing in disguise.

Mikkel
11 May 05, 18:01
I knew Mancio was a chicken. He dosen't have the courage to step up against the players like Cuper did.

But even though I don't like Mancini as a person nor as a coach. Then Fontana shoulp shot his big filty mouth. I don't like when players goes out to the press and criticize our club and management even though I don't like them.

Fontana have to be punished for this, and he should get a kick in the ass straight out of the door straight away.

Even though I would like that to happend to Mancio to, then it woulden be good for our club to start from scrats one more time. So we will have to keep him even though he is a coward.

Hammoudi
11 May 05, 18:06
You all are attacking Fontana and forgetting his message.

Two points to clarify:

1. Fontana is not bitter, Mancio gave him chances like nobody else did.
2. Fontana is not a kid, he is a very mature player, he is almost 40.

So don't attack his character but look at reasons for this outburst.

Think about it, say you are an inter GK, and you see Materazzi being favoured to Burdisso, or as Jimmy said, preferring to play Materazzi as a LB in place of Coco, and then you get blamed for conceding goals, wouldn't you get crazy?

So, it's been Emre, Recoba and now Fontana. Three playes who never had a problem with a coach before. But, let's all just look at Mancio as a super human being.

J zanetti
11 May 05, 18:12
Let's get some facts starigh here:

Under Mancini, Fontana played 9 games in less than a season.
Under Cuper, Fontana played 6 games in a bit over two seasons.

Don't you think he'd prefer Mancio over Cuper? I am not saying this because I am a Cuper fan, but stating the truth objectively.

Also, Fontana is a good guy, don't deny that now. All his teammates like him, and he had a good influence in the club although he's been second-tier the whole time.

Also, he loves Inter, he could've played elsewhere, but he wanted to be with us. And this is his last season with us, don't you think he wants to leave us in good terms?

But being the real man that he is, he wanted to make things clear. I believe he is feeling for Toldo who was being blamed when it was Mancini's new style and the holes we have in defence. I support Fontana, and I think he is a real man.

I'd love for someone to try and get the entire interview, that could be in Italian. I just want to know which players he criticized.

And to all Mancini fans, don't be blind followers. For once, admit that he has shortcomings, nobody wants to fire him here. He sucks when it comes to dealing with players, and the first step to work on that is to admit it, so this Fontana thing might be a blessing in disguise.
Bravo! :star: :star:

The worse thing is when you see people making God out of a players or perhaps in this case a coach. Sickening is all I can say. :yuck:
To all Mancini lovers – the guy is NOT prefect! Just admit it and be a bit more sensible!

I’ve said this many times before and I will say it again to avoid any confusion.
Mancini was my 1st choice to take over. However when appropriate I give myself the right to criticize him just like everyone else.
The guy has a lot of issues which hopefully he will resolve asap.

As I said earlier, hopefully shit hasn’t hit the fan....

Hammoudi
11 May 05, 18:16
I love Mancini too, and I want us to continue with him for seasons.

This thing is of no concern, Mancio will get the players that he sees fit, and this is predictable when you hire a coach late and get players without asking him first.

Just admit that Mancio isn't perfect, don't you think that if he was as perfect as some see him, teams like Juve, Valencia and Liverpool would've at least expressed interest in him. Not to belittle him, but don't blow him out of proportion.

The Count of Anti-Milan
11 May 05, 18:24
It is completely irrelevant whether criticism that ALL THE GOALKEEPERS received is justified or not, the response Fontana gave was shocking. He basically said:" You can't criticise me, you are a crap coach, your tactics is shit." And then he wonders why Mancini won't talk to him anymore except through Orsi! You couldn't make it up!

And this part of the interview was convenianlty omitted:

"I may be presuntuos but, with all due respect to Fabian(Carini) I am nobody's third keeper."

He plays a couple of games and he thinks he is Buffon. At his age, he's lucky any team would want him even as a back-up.

As for Mancini discussing who should play where he did it several times already. Much of that is just games with the press every coach plays. Capello, Ferguson, Mourinho, all have speculated publically who could play where but in the end very little came out of that.

Hammoudi
11 May 05, 18:49
If you have the full interview Milos, would you please post it? and do you know which players Fontana attacked?

Fontana was the reason we didn't lose that game aginst Milan early in the season. He played brilliantly, not even one blunder.

But honestly, I would be angry if I see the likes of Materazzi being defenders and I am blamed for that.

Toldo also said the same, but he didn't go as far. Mancini made a mistake by criticizing the GK's when it was the scheme and the holes we have in defence.

Frisko
11 May 05, 19:03
Yeah right, Fontana is not bitter. He's 39, he played important matches when players in his position at other teams, such as Abbiati, are lucky to play the Coppa Italia.

And what does he have to say? I'm not 3rd to anyone. Just shut the phuck up you arrogant idiot, we should sell you to juve.

And yeah, he's a real man, that's what real men do, they go to a magazine and give a nice interview. He makes me puke, he says that Mancini has no balls, look who's talking!

I don't care about his reasons, he's a professional and he behaves like a spoiled kid. Actually most insults he used against Mancio are perfect to be used against him.

I look at players like Davids, who never played but always kept his mouth shut, with the greatest respect right now.

At least now that piece of $hit from Bari, Fontana, he's going to be taken out of the squad.

The Count of Anti-Milan
11 May 05, 19:35
I don't have the time to translate but here are excrepts in Italian. I bolded the phrase about Carini and Frisko and Fabio can confirm it is a dig at Carini.

Un attacco frontale, durissimo, senza giri di parole. Alberto 'Jimmy' Fontana, secondo portiere dell'Inter, lancia bordate di accuse a Roberto Mancini. In un'intervista esclusiva rilasciata al quotidiano QS, l'ex vice di Toldo non usa mezzi termini: "Se non mi fermavano i miei compagni, avrei fatto a botte, ormai non ne posso piu'. Gia' qualche mese fa, quando continuava ad attaccare noi portieri per i goal che subivamo, gli avevo fatto notare che anche con la Lazio incassava un sacco di reti. Quindi, forse, il problema era di un altro tipo, legato al gioco. Da quel momento i nostri rapporti sono finiti. Ma, in realta', non sono mai nati. Perche'? Non so".Ma il meglio deve ancora venire: "Mi hanno detto che ero diventato scomodo perche' col mio carattere potevo creare problemi. Ma non me l'ha detto Mancini, lui non ha le palle per dirti le cose in faccia, anche se e' pagato per farlo. E' un bambino viziato, che ha paura della sua stessa ombra e che ha sempre bisogno degli altri. Non mi riferisco a Nuciari o Salsano che sono due brave persone, ma a Orsi. Da calciatore Mancini e' stato un fenomeno ma come uomo e' uno zero. Del resto, ci sara' un motivo se ai suoi tempi tutti adoravano Baggio e lui, invece, sapeva solo farsi odiare. Il terzo portiere? Saro' presuntuoso ma, con tutto il rispetto per Fabian, non voglio fare il terzo a nessuno. Se un allenatore non ti vede, ma ha il coraggio di dirtelo, puoi cercare di fargli cambiare idea: diventa un punto d'orgoglio. Cuper invece era un grande, un uomo vero. Uno che puoi solo stimare perche' ha una personalita' incredibile e da lui certe cose le accetti. Me l'avesse chiesto, avrei fatto anche il quinto portiere. E se il Maiorca si salvasse potrei andare li'".

Hammoudi
11 May 05, 20:25
Yes, Frisko he is a man. He wanted to get few things off his chest before leaving. Where else would his words be heared? With inter.it???

Also, Davids and others didn't say anything because they weren't blamed for our lost points at the beginning, Mancio pointed to our goalies.

Just a request for either you or Fabio, if you could translate what he exactly said. It's okay if you don't want to because of the content.

Gismo
11 May 05, 22:11
http://www.gazzetta.it/Foto%20Hermes/2004/06-Giugno/29/mancinivieri--310x210.jpg
It's disturbing.

I'm like Dr. Cox vs. JD. I am Dr. Cox and Mancini is JD. I simply can't stand Mancini as a person and I can't reiterate enough how damaging his presence is for advertising the sport called football for new young interested kids in the sport.

I mean, God knows how many 10 year olds think Mancini's attitude to being a heterosexual man without balls whatsoever dressed up in a ballet skirt and make up. Geez... The mere thought of that is scary.

Gismo
11 May 05, 22:13
On a second thought I think 'barbie' is letting him off the hook. How about Jennifer? ;)

Hammoudi
11 May 05, 23:03
Hmm... I think we are going a bit too far on this homosexual thing, I don't know what signs did you get, but I heared that Mancini is married.

I honeslty didn't get what Faisal meant earlier :confused: :confused: :confused:

Let's just focus on the Fontana comments and let other things rest.

InterFCAustin
12 May 05, 02:45
i am disgusted with people like fontana..what a fuck he think he is...he's sucking reserve goalkeeper..what a nhell is going on wiht our players..to me it seem that fontana doens have a bit of character...i wish he gets his ass kicked..son of a bitch....

snake
12 May 05, 03:55
Hamed, just because a man is nice, it doesnt make the bad things ok..i dont care if u clear world hunger, but if u go and do something that is just as bad after all of that, its terrible.

Karagounis, Coco, Davids. none of them said a word.

In the end im not telling him to not have a opinion, cause he should, but keep it to your frreakin self, especially in front of the young players and fans, and causing more unstability in our team

Fontana was meant to be one of the leaders of the club, and instead he has critisised the coach and the players, there is no way everyone can just let it slide.

Once again, we see how screwed up inter is.

Fontana = Disgrace right now.

Hammoudi
12 May 05, 04:25
Hamed, just because a man is nice, it doesnt make the bad things ok..i dont care if u clear world hunger, but if u go and do something that is just as bad after all of that, its terrible.

Agreed, calling your coach a brat isn't something nice guys do. But you all are missing the point, let me highlight a line from his outburst:

Already some months ago, when he kept on attacking us keepers for taking in too many goals, I made him notice that also with Lazio he took in many goals. From that moment are relationship was over.

This is what I am talking about. Mancio never blamed Kara, Coco or Davids about making us lose points. He singled out the keepres which is wrong.

A great coach will never do that. Ferguson never attacked his keepers even when they were comitting howler after howler. They lost out on the CL and EPL because of individual GK mistakes. But he never pointed the finger to them.

Our GK's weren't the reason why we were leaking out points. Yet, Mr. Mancini went out of his way and singled them out.

Fontana wanted to send a message to the fans saying don't blame us for losing out, blame the man at the helm. I agree with him 100%, we could've been playing PSV now if it wasn't for his failed tactics in the first leg.

Serie A? I wouldn't blame him for that, but the defence. But again, he had Burdisso, whom I bet is better than Materazzi, and now I hope we don't miss out on the coppa when he doesn't recall Coco and believes Materazzi can be a LB.

Ari
12 May 05, 05:06
When Mancini goes out and say that Materazzi is good enough to play left back, and drop Coco from the squad, you know something is wrong somewhere. It's not Coco as a player who is that bad, but there is something else. As of now, only the team knows what's wrong. I'm expecting Coco to be the next person to lash out before this season is finished..

I couldn't agree more here. Davids may have also been quiet but he has had every reason IMO to say something. Frisko you're saying nice things of Davids and Mancio. Is Mancio right in your opinion when dropping Coco and Davids regularly out of team? Do you think it's honestly best for the team also in cases like this when Favalli is injured?

Gismo
12 May 05, 05:10
Hmm... I think we are going a bit too far on this homosexual thing, I don't know what signs did you get, but I heared that Mancini is married.

I honeslty didn't get what Faisal meant earlier :confused: :confused: :confused:

Let's just focus on the Fontana comments and let other things rest.
The fact that Jennifer is actually married and has kids is even more disturbing to me. Geez... :stress:

A boy needs a father to do all sorts of manly activities with him. I'm not even gonna dream what will the outcome be of what his kids are forced to do. ;)

I mean, the fact that I dislike 90% of Jennifer's persona is one thing. The world should be able to live with that. But it's gonna cause a domino effect on his kids life. It's absurd.

intermilansg
12 May 05, 05:45
Fontana is a poor, sad, old a-hole.

Mancini gave him the chance to play when Toldo made mistakes, even huge games like Valencia v Inter and Inter v Milan. And the fool just goes out and insults him.

He's clearly getting bitter because his career is over, I pity the fool.

Mancini is a man with class an honour, if that makes him gay, then you lost me. He has been completely respectful to our club, even when they made bad choices (he clearly wanted to keep Cannavaro but accepted the club's decision).

Mancini has done more for Inter than that ass Hector has ever done in his loser career, when he made us famous for being the anti-football team, and didn't win squat.

Think before typing dude, I believe Fontana attacked Mancio not because of the reasons you stated but rather his character . We do not know what is happening in the dressing room at the moment but from what I see there are groups being formed, just like in any real life workin environment.

As a fan of Inter, even how much I dislike a certain player I wouldnt insult him and I believe Jimmy Fontana deserves every bit of respect.

Gismo
12 May 05, 06:00
This Fontana thing is like a bomb. If they don't kick Fontana out of the team immediately what will happen? :confused:

The Count of Anti-Milan
12 May 05, 06:32

Already some months ago, when he kept on attacking us keepers for taking in too many goals, I made him notice that also with Lazio he took in many goals. From that moment are relationship was over.

This is what I am talking about. Mancio never blamed Kara, Coco or Davids about making us lose points. He singled out the keepres which is wrong.

A great coach will never do that. Ferguson never attacked his keepers even when they were comitting howler after howler. They lost out on the CL and EPL because of individual GK mistakes. But he never pointed the finger to them.

In public, Ferguson always defended his players. But inside the dressing room he was ruthless when it came to assigning responsibilities. Just ask David Beckham.

Find me where exactly did Mancini blame the goalkeepers in public?

Gismo
12 May 05, 06:32
INTER TO DISCIPLINE FONTANA
Wednesday, 11 May 2005 18:00:44

MILAN - FC Internazionale communicates that the club will take disciplinary measures against Alberto Fontana because of the contents of a non-authorised interview.

snake
12 May 05, 07:54
even if Mancini calls Fontana a loose transvestite with a small head in the change rooms, then he still shouldnt say nothing to the media.

Im not saying Mancini doesnt have flaws, but that doesnt make what Fontana did ok!!!

Even if his the worst coach, you dont come out and say anything, especially while his at theclub.

The point is, Fontana the dick, sat there and bagged Carini aswell. The poor kid is young, he did nothing. Fontana has no right, his meant to be the oldest and most responsible. Now whats Carini meant to think? instead of LEARNING off Fontana, he is probably low on self esteem now. youd think he would of been a role model, disgrace.

In the end like i said, Mancini has flaws, but no matter how big these flaws are, Fontana cant do something like he did.

Its unethical, its unprofessional and certainly uncalled for.

Gismo
12 May 05, 07:57
If I had been in Fontana's situation I would have taken it even further.

primo-inter
12 May 05, 08:17
Gismo, that's it! I've read at least 6 posts from you in this topic talking absolute SH!T. Shut the f-ck up!

Stop making a fool of yourself. By calling Mancini a fag you sound like a complete idiot, because he is married.

So what if he went to the beach with Christian Vieri? In Italy we like to go to the beach and go swimming. It doesn't make him a fagg*t you moron. Rather than sitting on our swivel chairs in our houses glued to the computer jerking off every few hrs looking at fake tits - which I'm sure you do - we get out and have a good time. If you think that makes him, or us (Italians), gay then you are an absolute idiot.

"I mean, God knows how many 10 year olds think Mancini's attitude to being a heterosexual man without balls whatsoever dressed up in a ballet skirt and make up. Geez... The mere thought of that is scary." - Gismo

You need serious psychological help. YOU CREATED THAT THOUGHT you f-cking idiot.

I assume you think he is a fag because of how he dresses? What the hell? He dresses well, so what. Being the coach of a club from the 'fashion capital' (or some shit) he should dress well.

Mancini is a great man and disrespecting him on the internet this much is so sad. Get a life.

Frankly I'm ashamed that you are an inter fan. I thought you were a good person when I first came here, you seemed smart and mature, but now I see you're nothing but an immature, condescending idiot.

Once again... GET A F-CKING LIFE, LOSER!

Riku
12 May 05, 08:22
primo-inter :thumbsup: Seriously Gismo, we`ve had enough of your bullshit about Mancini being gay.

Btw, Gismo is not an Inter fan, at least for now :rolleyes:

Ziyad
12 May 05, 08:25
This all started out when Fontana made a smart and brave comment, which is to point out that this problem of leaking goals happened to Mancio at Lazio too so its not the keepers but the tactics fault.

Mancio should have taken that critisim and looked to his tactics instead of taking it personally like a kid and speak to the player through people.

By the way I know Fontana said this but believe me favoritism towards certain players and negativisim towards others is soo evident in the locker room but no one can afford to say anything,except brave Fontana who at 38 has nothing to lose. :star:

Believe me other players wanna say the same thing to the Italian media but they are concerned with their careers so they vent out when they go to their countries through local papers...Sound familiar.

I would rather know the problems inside the locker room in order that they are fixed faster and not become ignorant by inter.it's cover of the truths to blind the naive fans who want to believe strongly in fairy tales with prince charming. :yuck:

The Count of Anti-Milan
12 May 05, 08:32
Again with this story of non-existant favouritism. :rolleyes: Mihajlovic was never an immovable starter and inter-changed a lot with Materazzi. He made no more defensive mistakes then Matrix did, but was a help in the offense. Davids? Will you tell me one game, just one where he was better then Cambiasso or CZ? Same thing with Stankovic and Emre/Kily.

Fontana let the cat out of the bag with his statement:"I am nobody's 3rd keeper." Everything else is pure rubbish.

Ari
12 May 05, 08:55
primo-inter :thumbsup: Seriously Gismo, we`ve had enough of your bullshit about Mancini being gay.

Btw, Gismo is not an Inter fan, at least for now :rolleyes:

I agree with you guys completely. Childish insults aren't on fashion guys. Your talks just are going totally mixed. You say something and on next post you say the opposite. I'm worried about you man. You should try to save your self or your parents should renew your ban on your PC. This is sad, honestly.
I wanna know, have you ever seen the rain?

Gismo
12 May 05, 08:59
Frankly I'm ashamed that you are an inter fan.
Beeeep

Wrong, there Sally. ;)

Mikkel
12 May 05, 09:17
Please Guys stop, you might not agree with Gismo but atleast don't insoult him the way you do, cause that is extremly childish.

Even though some of his comments aren't polite or right, you should not react the way you did.

So let's talk in a decent manner. I beg you

primo-inter
12 May 05, 09:38
I'm glad there are some who agree with me. I had fears everyone would stick up for Gismo, but if you look at his posts he has no real defence.

I only hope there are people from a country other than Finland who agree with me. ;)

and Gismo, are you not an inter fan? if you aren't I have to wonder why you've posted 4000+ times here.

Mikkel
12 May 05, 09:46
He was a Inter fan, but of some wird reason he is not anymore. I think it's a realative new thing that has happend to him.

But he is also a teenager, so it's normal to be unpredicteble. And say and do some crazy shit.

scutzon
12 May 05, 09:48
even if Mancini calls Fontana a loose transvestite with a small head in the change rooms, then he still shouldnt say nothing to the media.
:dielaugh:

True. Fontana shouldn't have reacted like he did, even if he's unhappy. Man, everyone seems to be learning from Emre nowadays. Not being able to keep your mouth shut in front of the press.

Jimmy
12 May 05, 09:49
Let's debate this without name-callings, please. Primo-Inter, you might not agree with what Gismo says (I sure as hell don't), but it doesn't warrant all those personally attacking name-callings either.

Gismo, I seriously hope you will reconsider your thoughts of homosexuality. First of all, I thought you were open minded by those stuff, and second of all it has NOTHING to do with this subject.

The only positive thing about this Fontana thing, is that he did exactly what I wanted Emre to do. Emre was pissed with Mancini and attacked the club. Fontana was pissed with Mancini but attacked Mancini. This at least is a relief.

Ari
12 May 05, 10:02
He was a Inter fan, but of some wird reason he is not anymore. I think it's a realative new thing that has happend to him.
Well we can't know that. I really doubt everything he has said. And the "thing that happened to him".. Are you believing that or??? Only thing happened to him is that he got computer. I'm not saying these things as an insult.

Mikkel
12 May 05, 10:11
Of cause we can't

But he was a totaly other person for some months ago. ;) So he must have changed in some ways. Of cause this is a guess, I can't really know for sure. ;)

Ari
12 May 05, 10:24
So he must have changed in some ways.
Well that is sure.

I'm ending my diagnosing now.

Ziyad
12 May 05, 10:31
The only positive thing about this Fontana thing, is that he did exactly what I wanted Emre to do. Emre was pissed with Mancini and attacked the club. Fontana was pissed with Mancini but attacked Mancini. This at least is a relief.

Maybe thats what Emre claimed to be lost in translation,that he actually attacked Mancio and not the club ;)

Seriously though this problem should be dealt with headon...We dont need stuff like this ruining next season. :depress:

J zanetti
12 May 05, 11:26
Seriously though this problem should be dealt with headon...We dont need stuff like this ruining next season. :depress:
Surely things like this should not come out. However I dont see this or the Emre incident for example ruining our coming season. Mancini will surely kick those he doesn’t fancy to socialise with out, and keep his buddies in! So from next season Mancini don’t have to visit his friends at their house or outside as they all will be present in Appiano Gentile. ;)

What surprises me is that none of the Mancini lovers have admitted that there is a tint bit of a possibility that Mancini is not perfect! :D :fero:

Tommi
12 May 05, 12:07
What surprises me is that none of the Mancini lovers have admitted that there is a tint bit of a possibility that Mancini is not perfect!
Same here.

It´s seems to be always players fault or something...never ever Mancini´s. I like Mancini as well and wanted him to this team, but...

In this case i support Fontana. :thumbsup: He had every right to lash out like he did. It´s just beyond stupidity from Mancini to only lash out and condemn goalkeepers and not defenders. Maybe he´s afraid to condemn the defenders ´cause Miha and Materazzi are there.

Btw: Why did Inter punish only Fontana and not Emre? At least i remember Emre wasnt punished about what he said?

The Count of Anti-Milan
12 May 05, 12:26
What surprises me is that none of the Mancini lovers have admitted that there is a tint bit of a possibility that Mancini is not perfect!
Same here.

It´s seems to be always players fault or something...never ever Mancini´s. I like Mancini as well and wanted him to this team, but...

In this case i support Fontana. :thumbsup: He had every right to lash out like he did. It´s just beyond stupidity from Mancini to only lash out and condemn goalkeepers and not defenders. Maybe he´s afraid to condemn the defenders ´cause Miha and Materazzi are there.

Btw: Why did Inter punish only Fontana and not Emre? At least i remember Emre wasnt punished about what he said?

Well, maybe he did but they have better sense and more decency then to answer with:"you can't criticise me, you are a shit coach" and then come out with it in public, especially since Mancini kept criticism in the dressing room.

But do you know what the best part of the story is? Yesterday, Fontana, after having a chat with Facchetti and Branca, came to Pinetina and started preparing for training as if nothing had happened! Do you believe the cheek of this guy? Naturally, as soon as Mancini showed up he had him kicked out of the ground and rightfully so! http://laziofever.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/kickass.gif

Miki
12 May 05, 12:34
Is it not a greater cause of concern for the stability of the dressing room when you consider that 2 players have already spoken out loud this season about problems within the team? You may think these players have some beef with the club but you must also not fail to turn a blind eye that something must be bothering them a lot for them to make a public statement like that they did.

Obviously, something is wrong and not everything is smooth going behind the scenes.

Ciao,
Tim

The Count of Anti-Milan
12 May 05, 12:38
Is it not a greater cause of concern for the stability of the dressing room when you consider that 2 players have already spoken out loud this season about problems within the team? You may think these players have some beef with the club but you must also not fail to turn a blind eye that something must be bothering them a lot for them to make a public statement like that they did.

Obviously, something is wrong and not everything is smooth going behind the scenes.

Ciao,
Tim

Tim, nowhere is smooth behind the scenes. You think Ambrosini is happy to be the perpetual substitute at Milan? Del Piero is overjoyed for being substituted every single game? Think again.

Miki
12 May 05, 12:44
Tim, nowhere is smooth behind the scenes. You think Ambrosini is happy to be the perpetual substitute at Milan? Del Piero is overjoyed for being substituted every single game? Think again.
Of course not, but we weren't talking about Milan nor Juventus. We were talking about the situation at Inter. While my statement was rather obvious, it doesn't deny the fact that not everything is smooth sailing or at least even close to that. The fact that players speak out instead of harboring their intentions is fact that the situation cannot be contained adequately anymore.

Ciao,
Tim

primo-inter
12 May 05, 12:50
What bothers me about the 'behind the scenes' situations at inter is how they never tell us about the transfer market, there are never any concrete announcements. Whereas at Barca they announced recently 'we're making just one big signing in the summer' and at Arsenal Wenger always talks about what kind of signings will be made. Maybe there are no announcements because they don't even have a clue themselves (wouldn't surprise me).

snake
12 May 05, 12:53
Tommi and Ashkan, i thought u older guys would understand it better, obviously not.

The argument is not about how bad Mancini was.
Its the way Fontana reacted.

His meant to be the most senior player. Instead of acting as one, he let loose and created unstability and more media shit to the team.

Im a mancini lover and i think he has defensive flaws and personality flaws, just like every other human being, cause no one is perfect.

BUT does this give Fontana the FREAKIN right to come out and talk? his a professional STILL under contract. quite frankly its disgusting. Toldo has copped WAY MORE shit from every1 and he didnt do this.

So no matter how bad mancini is, Fontana can have his opinion but he should never of said it to theworld.

Miki
12 May 05, 12:59
Well actually, before i make any damning verdict on Fontana's oustburst, i'd like to know if he has had any prior public blasts in his long career? If he has not, then that is something worth nothing actually. I like Mancini as much as the next person, but consequences usually give rise to the reasons behind the actions.

Ciao,
Tim

J zanetti
12 May 05, 13:27
Tommi and Ashkan, i thought u older guys would understand it better, obviously not.

The argument is not about how bad Mancini was.
Its the way Fontana reacted.

His meant to be the most senior player. Instead of acting as one, he let loose and created unstability and more media shit to the team.

Im a mancini lover and i think he has defensive flaws and personality flaws, just like every other human being, cause no one is perfect.

BUT does this give Fontana the FREAKIN right to come out and talk? his a professional STILL under contract. quite frankly its disgusting. Toldo has copped WAY MORE shit from every1 and he didnt do this.

So no matter how bad mancini is, Fontana can have his opinion but he should never of said it to theworld.
well... to be honest I have never been in favour of players publicly criticising anything related to Inter. In fact I don’t think anyone who loves the club would be in favour of such actions.
So I haven’t taken side or anything in this case. However as I said before what I think is VERY annoying is that unlike your and me majority of those who are in love with Mancini can never admit that the guy just like any other manager/human being has plenty flaws. After all this is not the only case where they never accept the fact that perhaps Mancini is at fault!

Handoyo
12 May 05, 13:42
Firstly, it was completely wrong for Alberto Fontana to lash out at Roberto Mancini like that. Like it or not, he's your superior in the club and if you have anything to say to him, sit down and have a talk with the coach. It is simply wrong to damage your club's reputation and jeopardising a Coppa Italia campaign just like that. Fontana is a veteran in Inter and the game of football itself and thus he should consider himself as a figure of example. For me, this incident damaged Fontana's reputation more than Mancini's. Mancini's cool response in handling it make the situation worse for Fontana.

Secondly, there is no doubt a reason why such a respectable man like Fontana acted like that. Maybe there has been an incident between Fontana & Mancini in which the latter personally criticsize the former of something. But to give the benefit of the doubt, there can also be an incident when Fontana really acted out of hand and he criticsize Mancini harshly first and Mancini responded.

Thirdhly, I certainly cannot fathom how can some of my friends here still think that Mancini has not practised a certain degree of favoritism since he took charge of the club. Mihajlovic wouldn't play unless Mancini is here. Veron was unwanted by Man Utd, Chelsea or any big clubs but Inter still got him and it was definitely just because he was favored by Mancini. Also, what about Stankovic?

All I can say is that this latest incident proves that Mancini's man management skill is certainly abyssmal. I am not saying that he is a bad coach but man management to him is what heading the ball is to Martins or dribbling is to Vieri. Mancini is definitely not perfect and I certainly think that he does not deserve to be defended like that in every episode that involved him.

So all in all, the final point is that Fontana has got a case against Mancini but the way in which he presented it, was completely wrong. Fontana deserved to be fined but Mancini has to solve this problem sooner or later before it becomes a cancer to the team. Otherwise, he fails both as a leader and a coach.

Hand;)yo

Hammoudi
12 May 05, 13:42
This all started out when Fontana made a smart and brave comment, which is to point out that this problem of leaking goals happened to Mancio at Lazio too so its not the keepers but the tactics fault.

Mancio should have taken that critisim and looked to his tactics instead of taking it personally like a kid and speak to the player through people.

By the way I know Fontana said this but believe me favoritism towards certain players and negativisim towards others is soo evident in the locker room but no one can afford to say anything,except brave Fontana who at 38 has nothing to lose. :star:

Believe me other players wanna say the same thing to the Italian media but they are concerned with their careers so they vent out when they go to their countries through local papers...Sound familiar.

I would rather know the problems inside the locker room in order that they are fixed faster and not become ignorant by inter.it's cover of the truths to blind the naive fans who want to believe strongly in fairy tales with prince charming. :yuck:

Excellent post Ziayd :star:

Again, people fail to say why Fontana said it. He knows that he is finished, and he wanted to let the fans know of few things, I applaud him for that. Maybe that's the only way Mancini would change.

And don't think there are others who don't think the same, they do, but unlike Fontana, they have careers left in them.

But that's what happens when your captain is weak. Don't kill me for that, but JZ isn't the perfect personality in these situations. The captain should be a mediator between the coach and the players, not just away by himself. I don't know what JZ does, but these outbursts by some players indicate that he isn't doing the best job in terms of making the team together.

And finally, I don't know why didn't Mancini speak directly to Fontana instead of sending others to talk to him. This confirms my theory that Mancini has fear when dealing with players he doesn't know for a long time.

snake
12 May 05, 14:05
yeh its ok lets say whatever we want. :rolleyes: if u work at an office, and truly despise your boss do you put up something on the notice board telling every1 how much u hate him and his actions etc while uwork there? i think not.

Hammoudi
12 May 05, 14:07
If he blames my department for the problems, and if it's my last days in the office and I know that it won't affect my future, yes I will.

snake
12 May 05, 14:10
If he blames my department for the problems, and if it's my last days in the office and I know that it won't affect my future, yes I will. but exactly my point! it means u are a disgrace. it means u dont care in what state u leave your office in.

which means u are a coward, say something cause uare about to leave. It should never of happened, i mean i have opinions of every single one of u on the forum, shall i open a thread to let u all know...?

The Count of Anti-Milan
12 May 05, 14:12
Mancini did talk to him directly. And how did Fontana respond? By insulting him: "You can't criticise me, you are a crap coach, your tactics suck." And after that he expects to be respected by Mancini!!!!

OPEN YOUR EYES! OPEN YOUR EYES! OPEN YOUR EYES!

Even if the criticism is 100% wrong and fontana's claims of Mancini's defensive problems at Lazio are true(which are not and I can prove it) Fontana had no right to lash out like that! Especially since Mancini DID NOT SINGLE HIM OUT, and DID NOT DO IT IN PUBLIC!

It seems some of you could not wait for something like this to happen so you could sneer a bunch of I-Told-you-sos here. There are tons of other players with much more reason to feel hurt then Fontana yet they do not bitch and moan.

Now, let's get a couple of things straightened out:

1) First of all there is no favouritism! All those bitching and moaning(or rather both:Recoba and Emre) have had their chance and proved not to be valid alternatives. Tell me what have they done to set the Inter world alight?

2) The story that Mancini's Lazio was letting in tons of goals is a myth. In his first season Lazio's defence was 3rd overall in Serie A with Juventus and Milan being the first who have conceeded only 3 and 2 goals less and with Inter conceeding 6 goals more in spite of having a supposed defensive genious Hector Cuper. In the second, Lazio's defence was 4th overall with Inter at number 3 in this aspect conceding only 1 goal less. Proof of that can be found right here (http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/tables00-05.html)

So there you have it...

Hammoudi
12 May 05, 14:15
If Recoba was given the same faith and patience shown to Stan, Veron and Favalli, then he'd be much better than what he is now.

But this is kind of useless, I want Mancini to continue with us and I like him and his playing style. Just few things he has to sharpen, this is not a big deal :)

Miki
12 May 05, 15:05
Even if the criticism is 100% wrong and fontana's claims of Mancini's defensive problems at Lazio are true(which are not and I can prove it) Fontana had no right to lash out like that! Especially since Mancini DID NOT SINGLE HIM OUT, and DID NOT DO IT IN PUBLIC!
Everybody has a right to do something, even if the initial outlook seems wrong on an overall context. However, the underlying reasons still point to a certain dissatisfaction amongst some players toward Mancini. This thread started out about criticism of Mancini's ability to man-manage his players. Attempting to pacify people is a key ability of man-managing.

1) First of all there is no favouritism! All those bitching and moaning(or rather both:Recoba and Emre) have had their chance and proved not to be valid alternatives. Tell me what have they done to set the Inter world alight? [/
They haven't even had the amount of chances that Mancini has shown certain players. They could have been valid alternatives if they were given more time to show they have what it takes to fit into Mancini's squad. As of today, i have seen more of Veron than i need to, and less of Emre.

Ciao,
Tim

Pravesh
12 May 05, 15:20
Same here.

I agree with J zanetti and Tommi here, coz tht's really am important point. ;)

I always wanted Mancini to join Inter and even am happy till now with his coaching performance, BUT something is definitely wrong with his coaching. Still, he's not an experienced coach, so we should give him the benefit of doubt (?). I really hated him giving no. of chances to Vieri, Stankovic and co., instead to Recoba, Burdisso, Emre. He's scared to take risk, as he doesn't know those players very well, whereas the players he keeps on using are his buddies. :rolleyes: Or may be, he just wants to build his friends' career. Thus, he gotta act as a professional. Yet, since it's his first season, I hope not to see these kinda things repeated on and on. :stuckup:

And Tommi, regarding to why Emre was not punished; it didn't go unnoticed (from club to fans via inter.it). I am damn sure that there was some kind of statement in inter.it, saying that Emre is to bring back the proof from Turkey media on what he actually said. But nothing happened later on - neither we were informed if Emre was forgiven nor if he was punished ?? :)

And to ad to that, I really didn't like the way he pin-pointed Emre and V.Meyde's mistakes; whereas Stankovic, Vieri, Mihajlovic's mistakes were not even uttered a bit. BE FAIR TO ALL THE PLAYERS !!

:)

J zanetti
12 May 05, 15:26
[quote]1) First of all there is no favouritism! All those bitching and moaning(or rather both:Recoba and Emre) have had their chance and proved not to be valid alternatives. Tell me what have they done to set the Inter world alight? [/
They haven't even had the amount of chances that Mancini has shown certain players. They could have been valid alternatives if they were given more time to show they have what it takes to fit into Mancini's squad. As of today, i have seen more of Veron than i need to, and less of Emre.

Ciao,
Tim
Actually to me the Deki scenario has been the biggest frustration issue. So much that I even forgot about Miha! Due do various reasons Deki was a total shIte for 2-3months before his short spell of injury. Yet, Mancini just insisted to play him anywhere in the midfield where he could find a space! Sure, Deki is a fighter and always give his best (just had to say this before Deki lovers jump on me) but we surely have many other available options to replace a out of form Deki!

So dear Milos 75, how would you justify Deki’s present among out starting 11 week in week out despite his hugely poor form?

Fabio
12 May 05, 16:18
If Recoba was given the same faith and patience shown to Stan, Veron and Favalli, then he'd be much better than what he is now.

But this is kind of useless, I want Mancini to continue with us and I like him and his playing style. Just few things he has to sharpen, this is not a big deal :)

Firstly I agree that Recoba should have been given more chances but Veron has been brilliant this season and Favalli solid...

But back on topic, it's amazing how so many members on here are supporting a 39 year old back up goalkeeper for reacting to one, just one comment by his superior at the club.

WAKE UP!

Fontana had no right to say this. Gismo (who seems to be going crazy) previously mentioned that Mancini is a bad example to kids - well that says a lot about Fontana then!

The Count of Anti-Milan
12 May 05, 16:56
[quote]1) First of all there is no favouritism! All those bitching and moaning(or rather both:Recoba and Emre) have had their chance and proved not to be valid alternatives. Tell me what have they done to set the Inter world alight? [/

Ciao,
Tim
Actually to me the Deki scenario has been the biggest frustration issue. So much that I even forgot about Miha! Due do various reasons Deki was a total shIte for 2-3months before his short spell of injury. Yet, Mancini just insisted to play him anywhere in the midfield where he could find a space! Sure, Deki is a fighter and always give his best (just had to say this before Deki lovers jump on me) but we surely have many other available options to replace a out of form Deki!

So dear Milos 75, how would you justify Deki’s present among out starting 11 week in week out despite his hugely poor form?

Because everyone else was even worse then the worst Stankovic.

Handoyo
12 May 05, 17:11
Definitely not Karagounis.

Hammoudi
12 May 05, 17:14
Yes sure! And now we discover that ZM as a RW and Kily as a LW are much better than Stan in either wing. Too bad it's too late now, maybe Mancini should've had a crystall ball before surrendering to Milan.

Also, I hate the fact that he still refers to Veron and Miha as 'friends'. I didn't like that when I was reading his press conference. How can you create comradery in the squad when you refer to some as your friends. Where is the professionalism.

I just wish Facchetti was our captain now, or even Bergomi. We really need a strong aggressive captain in these situations :depress:

The Count of Anti-Milan
12 May 05, 17:38
Karagounis is the only one with full rights to complain left, right and center, I agree. Yet he is silent, why? Ze Maria, do you know how they called him on Italian forums up to a month ago? Zia Maria - Aunt Maria. Why? Because unlike you, they actually saw him play in Coppa Italia and earlier in the season.

Hammoudi
12 May 05, 17:47
Milos, I saw ZM play earlier in the season and he was great. I know that he had a rough patch when he played horrible. But in no way did he play worse than Stankovic or Veron in RW.

And what makes you think I didn't watch his earlier games? I can watch Serie A now :D But not the Coppa, but today I will :proud:

The Count of Anti-Milan
12 May 05, 17:53
Milos, I saw ZM play earlier in the season and he was great. I know that he had a rough patch when he played horrible. But in no way did he play worse than Stankovic or Veron in RW.

And what makes you think I didn't watch his earlier games? I can watch Serie A now :D But not the Coppa, but today I will :proud:

Hamed, Ze Maria was directly responsible for Juve's second goal in Inter-Juve. He was awful in both matches against Atalanta(or rather Atalanta reserves) in Coppa Italia, lacklustre against Bologna. Now, Atalanta is dead last in Serie A and playing with the reserves. So what is a coach supposed to think if a player can't cut it against those?

Ziyad
12 May 05, 18:02
Well when u come into a club,bring ur friends in u automatically create two groups...The fact that u play them even when they dont deserve to play and give them more chances than others u create animosity...

By the way to backup Fontana's point i would go back to the time this incident happened and compare the first 15-17 weeks this year to the same amount last year and see the difference,then take into consideration that last year we had two coaches.

I am not taking anyone's side on the issue but i will not be blind to reality and heroworship anyone like some people here.

Frisko
12 May 05, 18:09
Gismo, that's it! I've read at least 6 posts from you in this topic talking absolute SH!T. Shut the f-ck up!

Stop making a fool of yourself. By calling Mancini a fag you sound like a complete idiot, because he is married.

So what if he went to the beach with Christian Vieri? In Italy we like to go to the beach and go swimming. It doesn't make him a fagg*t you moron. Rather than sitting on our swivel chairs in our houses glued to the computer jerking off every few hrs looking at fake tits - which I'm sure you do - we get out and have a good time. If you think that makes him, or us (Italians), gay then you are an absolute idiot.

"I mean, God knows how many 10 year olds think Mancini's attitude to being a heterosexual man without balls whatsoever dressed up in a ballet skirt and make up. Geez... The mere thought of that is scary." - Gismo

You need serious psychological help. YOU CREATED THAT THOUGHT you f-cking idiot.

I assume you think he is a fag because of how he dresses? What the hell? He dresses well, so what. Being the coach of a club from the 'fashion capital' (or some shit) he should dress well.

Mancini is a great man and disrespecting him on the internet this much is so sad. Get a life.

Frankly I'm ashamed that you are an inter fan. I thought you were a good person when I first came here, you seemed smart and mature, but now I see you're nothing but an immature, condescending idiot.

Once again... GET A F-CKING LIFE, LOSER!

Really Alex, no offense to you, but this is the funniest poster ever!!! Gosh primo-inter I laughed so hard I almost fainted!! :dielaugh: I hope you'll never have a go at me!

Pod
12 May 05, 18:52
Mancicni clashed with players also at Lazio.It's not the first time.Jimmy Fontana said the truth.Mancini is nothing as coach if he will be acting like that still.

Fabio
12 May 05, 18:56
That's not a surprise to me considering the man in your avatar...

Fabio ;)

Frisko
12 May 05, 19:52
That's not a surprise to me considering the man in your avatar...

Fabio ;)

Touche...

Hammoudi
12 May 05, 19:54
I'd rather have a young coach that is willing to change than an arrogant "Bigger than thou" one that will never change.

Frisko
12 May 05, 20:09
Now Mancini is arrogant? Gee, I gotta stop saying that I heard everything :cry2: :wallbang:

Frisko
12 May 05, 20:10
And now I immediately realise that Hamed meant Mourniho. Sorryyyyyyy!

Hammoudi
12 May 05, 20:19
:D

I don't mind your criticism Frisk ;)

Come to think of it, Mancini is arrogant. Why does he keep ignoring Coco :dielaugh:

Pod
12 May 05, 20:45
The difference between this two is that Mourinho has excelent contact with the team(their capitan said that he would even die for him) and Mancini only with few of his buddies. ;)

So who in reality is mr "Bigger than you" ?
Facts says all.

Hammoudi
12 May 05, 20:47
I didn't say Mourinho has worse players' relation than Mancini, Mourinho is great at that and I've said it before.

But Mancini doesn't have 1% of his arrogance. But some fans like arrogant coaches, so it's the end of the world.

Stefan
12 May 05, 22:02
Poor old man. Fontana is a coward. If mancini blamed the goalies for the defensive problems , then why didn't he come out and say it 3/4 months ago?? Now its irrelevant since mancio fixed this problem.

Yes Mancini does have his favourites as any coach/manager in any sport/organisation has. The difference is mancio arrived too late in the sumer and didn't have time to clear out those he didn't want or need.

Mancini isn't perfect,nobody is. But I would rather have him than some 3 rate goalie with a chip on his shoulder.

Fontana thinks he should be picked above 2 international goalkeepers?? From when on do you pick someone who hasn't proven himself better than 2 international level goalkeerpers.

Fontana needs to go and take his pills. He can enjoy them in the retirement home.

Pod
12 May 05, 22:20
Agreed.Let's wait for the next season and then judge him.

But I want to say something now,if I will see Fiore,Cesar and Simplicio instead of Davids,Kara and Emre next season at Inter I will just gonna :yuck: and will be officially anti-Mancini until my dead. :frustrat:

snake
13 May 05, 01:16
one day all of inter and its fan will be arrogant. why? cause we will start winning.

any1 who wins is arrogant. Chelsea haters start to call them arrogant, Arsenal for 49 games were arrogant. its just so pathetic.

Hammoudi
13 May 05, 01:27
Wenger was never arrogant, Ferguson was never arrogant, Capello was never arrogant, Calros Alberto Perreira was never arrogant, Beckenbauer was never arrogant etc...

I could list hundered of coaches who were more successful and were never arrogant. Winning doesn't make a coach arrogant, thinking that you are better than others makes you arrogant.

snake
13 May 05, 01:34
Wenger was never arrogant, Ferguson was never arrogant, Capello was never arrogant, Calros Alberto Perreira was never arrogant, Beckenbauer was never arrogant etc...

I could list hundered of coaches who were more successful and were never arrogant. Winning doesn't make a coach arrogant, thinking that you are better than others makes you arrogant.To you maybe.

But everyteam who wins starts to gather more enemies.

Trust me, many people hate/d Henry and Wenger cause they were 'arrogant'. Its the winning gene.

The Count of Anti-Milan
13 May 05, 06:33
Ferguson not arrogant????? Capello not arrogant?????

LMAO!!! :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh:

Frisko, we are yet to hear a lot from Hamed! :D :P ;)

primo-inter
13 May 05, 07:40

lol I was thinking the same thing.

and if anyone wants to read a post which basically sums up this whole situation read Stefan's.

The Count of Anti-Milan
13 May 05, 08:52
BTW, sites are not reporting the worst. Fontana had a swipe at Veron too. He said he is in love with himself, has no respect for the locker-room, doesn't talk to others for months etc.

What a great man, Fontana... :rolleyes:

primo-inter
13 May 05, 12:12
That comment about Veron doesn't actually surprise me, I can see Veron being that type of guy.

But that doesn't stop me from liking Veron and disliking Fontana.

El Chino Recoba
13 May 05, 12:28
I can imagine it now, Ferguson sending Queriouz to do his dirty work, Mourinho sending that big Portoguese bloke, Wenger sending Pat Rice like a kid, Capello sending whoever to tell Del Piero he is dropped.

LOL Mancini is a coward, don't talk about his sexuality or whatever, he is what he looks like, a little woman with woman's hair. little angelface :rolleyes:

Fontana sees something, not to do with being dropped or criticised but he sees something in Mancini, the way he does his work, the way he goes around things, his child like gangs etc, this is not something of a top man, a top coach, he needs to mature before he can become that.

The Count of Anti-Milan
13 May 05, 13:05
Faisal, tell the truth: would you be on Fontana's side if Recoba was a regular starter with Mancini?

El Chino Recoba
13 May 05, 13:20
If he treated Recoba like Stankovic, Inter would already be celebrating the Scudetto 3 weeks early and Fontana wouldn't have the guts to come out with anything, nobody would listen.

The Count of Anti-Milan
13 May 05, 13:34
If he treated Recoba like Stankovic, Inter would already be celebrating the Scudetto 3 weeks early and Fontana wouldn't have the guts to come out with anything, nobody would listen.

You don't know that, nobody can know that, except God himself. It is just your suppostition.

Fabio
13 May 05, 17:08
The difference between this two is that Mourinho has excelent contact with the team(their capitan said that he would even die for him) and Mancini only with few of his buddies. ;)

So who in reality is mr "Bigger than you" ?
Facts says all.

Find me the exact quote where Terry said that and you will gain a lot of respect!

Ziyad
13 May 05, 17:22
I dont have that article,but i will share with u what i heard the commentators heard from the players...

They said that Mourinho has actually a very good sense of humour and he is nothing like what people perceive him in press conferences..

This was said by English commentators during a game,not moi...

This arrogance thing could be an act to keep the light on him and doesnt let any other story disturb the concentration of his players...Thats why he cant keep his mouth shut before big games and seems arrogant more then than ever that it makes me sick. It did get annoying there for a while.
(just speculation on my part,and u know i am always right ;) )

Fabio
13 May 05, 17:31
There are will always be unhappy players in a big squad, you think Fontana and Emre would complain if we were winning?

And how do you know Mancini doesn't have a sense of humour...?

Fabio :confused:

Ziyad
13 May 05, 17:38

What the HELL are you talking about...I hate to say this but get ur head out of Mancio's @$$...

Did u see me even mentioning Mancini there..

Someone said something about Mourinhos attitude with the players and thats what i commented about...In no way did i do any kind of comparison between the two,nor did i ever favor one over the other.

Hammoudi
13 May 05, 23:49
Milos, these coaches are legends compared to Mourinho now, he may be like them one day in terms of greatness.

However, if you sum all their arrogance, it will be 1/2 of Mourinho's. Have you ever seen any coach pulling the antics that he does? I haven't.

And about Veron, I see him the way Fontana described him, and Fontana can be right. Why would he lie?

The Count of Anti-Milan
14 May 05, 10:13
Milos, these coaches are legends compared to Mourinho now, he may be like them one day in terms of greatness.

However, if you sum all their arrogance, it will be 1/2 of Mourinho's. Have you ever seen any coach pulling the antics that he does? I haven't.

And about Veron, I see him the way Fontana described him, and Fontana can be right. Why would he lie?

How strange that Fontana is the first to speak of Veron in this way... :rolleyes: How strange that us Laziali still long for Veron, both as player and as a man.

Fabio
14 May 05, 15:51

What the HELL are you talking about...I hate to say this but get ur head out of Mancio's @$$...

Did u see me even mentioning Mancini there..

Someone said something about Mourinhos attitude with the players and thats what i commented about...In no way did i do any kind of comparison between the two,nor did i ever favor one over the other.

Woah calm down - some people round here....dont worry... :rolleyes:

You said Mourinho had a good sense of humour so I simply replied by asking how do you know that Mancini hasn't? I think some people here have to get their own heads out of Mourinho asses before they say they same thing to me about Mancini.

Fabio :yuck:

Frisko
14 May 05, 20:19

Frisko, we are yet to hear a lot from Hamed! :D :P ;)

I know! :D Capello not arrogant is incredible!

El Chino Recoba
14 May 05, 21:30
Capello doesn't come out saying 'Im the special one' anyway both are class but Capello is more experienced and a better coach IMO.

If he was at Chelsea, god help football.

Hammoudi
15 May 05, 00:07
Milos, the Veron at Lazio is totally different, that guy used to be called the 'Coache's eye on the field' he used to dominate everything. That guy is gone, I just sense he is not the same Veron. This Veron seems arrogant and one that doesn't work on his weakness, it seems he is playing with his reputation.

Also, Fontana was the only one saying this because he is leaving soccer. If we had other players knowing for sure they are gone forever, they might come and say the same.

However, I won't say more about Veron. It seems that he is staying for next year because Mancio is afraid to -God Forbid :scared: - get a new player that he doesn't know. So, I will have to support Veorn, but I think we still need to get either Meghni or Monteliveo to be his understudy.

Anonymous
15 May 05, 09:43
Inter Milan to sack Fontana after amazing Mancini attack
tribalfootball.com - May 13, 2005

Inter Milan goalkeeper Alberto Fontana has been told to train on his own after attacking coach Roberto Mancini through the press on Wednesday.

Fontana met with Inter sports chief Marco Branca yesterday and admitted that the quotes in the newspaper article were his. The goalkeeper was promptly told not to consider himself part of Inter's first team squad by Branca.

"Mancini is a child, who is scared of his own shadow and has always needed others to help him out," rapped Fontana, who is off contract at the end of the season.

"As a player he was phenomenal, but as a man he is a zero.

"He has not spoken to me since I actually answered him back when he was criticising the goalkeepers earlier this season. He blamed us for letting in too many goals, but when I pointed out that he had a poor goals against record at Lazio, well, he never spoke to me again."

Frisko
15 May 05, 09:54
Inter Milan to sack Fontana after amazing Mancini attack
tribalfootball.com - May 13, 2005

Inter Milan goalkeeper Alberto Fontana has been told to train on his own after attacking coach Roberto Mancini through the press on Wednesday.

Fontana met with Inter sports chief Marco Branca yesterday and admitted that the quotes in the newspaper article were his. The goalkeeper was promptly told not to consider himself part of Inter's first team squad by Branca.

"Mancini is a child, who is scared of his own shadow and has always needed others to help him out," rapped Fontana, who is off contract at the end of the season.

"As a player he was phenomenal, but as a man he is a zero.

"He has not spoken to me since I actually answered him back when he was criticising the goalkeepers earlier this season. He blamed us for letting in too many goals, but when I pointed out that he had a poor goals against record at Lazio, well, he never spoke to me again."

YES! Serves you right you arrogant bastard! Grazie Branca :proud:

scutzon
15 May 05, 12:49
That was... sudden. I didn't think that the Inter management would sack Fontana over those remarks. I thought probably just a warning or something.

Handoyo
15 May 05, 13:38
I am perplexed that people are still going to tribalfootball.com.

Hand;)yo

Gaetan
15 May 05, 14:48
I am perplexed that people are still going to tribalfootball.com.

I couldn't have said it better myself; you beat me to it, Han. ;)

The Count of Anti-Milan
15 May 05, 16:11
Milos, the Veron at Lazio is totally different, that guy used to be called the 'Coache's eye on the field' he used to dominate everything. That guy is gone, I just sense he is not the same Veron. This Veron seems arrogant and one that doesn't work on his weakness, it seems he is playing with his reputation.

Also, Fontana was the only one saying this because he is leaving soccer. If we had other players knowing for sure they are gone forever, they might come and say the same.

However, I won't say more about Veron. It seems that he is staying for next year because Mancio is afraid to -God Forbid :scared: - get a new player that he doesn't know. So, I will have to support Veorn, but I think we still need to get either Meghni or Monteliveo to be his understudy.

This is absolutely outrageous! When Veron was injured everyone was crying for him saying Inter plays like crap and now all of a sudden he's crap. It is amazing how people will invent facts of their own to suit their agenda.

Hammoudi
15 May 05, 16:30
Go and check all my posts, I never said that we missed him when he was injured.

Again, you are not being objective whatsoever. This Veron is probably 60% of the one that you had. You can't deny the fact the he seems not to work on his weakness of giving carless, lazy passes and acting like a playmaker for opposing teams

Ziyad
15 May 05, 16:36
In all fairness Milos,Hamed has been leading the anti-Veron campaign while i was leading Veron's support group. :)

And we all know i am right yet again... :D ;)

Veron might not run as much as he used to,but he is certainly a great addition to our lineup IMHO. I cant think of anyone else replacing him except Pizzaro.Of all the matches i have seen only in his last match against Cagliari did he look like the shadow of himself,and i am guessing thats normal one off in this long season. :star:

Opeum
19 May 05, 06:57
i don't like mancini...he is a godd coach,but just good.not excellent...he can be succesfull but not a champion...he just an underdog....

Ziyad
19 May 05, 13:02
Ok one good thing about his man management is that one something explodes all over the papers he doesnt respond,he just gives comments that completely calm the issue down and concentrates on the games. :star:

That is excellent given the turbulent atmosphere we usually have to adhere to..I think it gives calm to the clubhouse too. :star:

InterFCAustin
21 May 05, 03:29
Go and check all my posts, I never said that we missed him when he was injured.

Again, you are not being objective whatsoever. This Veron is probably 60% of the one that you had. You can't deny the fact the he seems not to work on his weakness of giving carless, lazy passes and acting like a playmaker for opposing teams

:)...hamed i didnt know u dislike veron:)

Tommi
26 May 05, 12:25
I guess this was the thread where we talked about Fontana [too lazy to check it out].

Inter, a Fontana la medaglia d'oro (http://www.tgcom.it/sport/articoli/articolo259074.shtml)

Moratti gives a gold medal to Fontana for all what he´s done for Inter. Moratti e Fontana! :star: :star: :star:

Edit: spelling

Opeum
26 May 05, 12:42
the reasons why i dislike mancini even thought he is a good manager are because he wanted to use 4-4-2 formation.that's reallt not suitable for the crowded inter midfielder and how attacking side inter is..he should use
3-5-2. and then, he rarely use recoba.. he also seems to lack of confidence.he also a liar. and scared to be honest.

Hammoudi
26 May 05, 14:52
Wow, is that true Don T, then Moratti is a man of honour :star:

Fontana said what he said because he loves inter, and wanted to clear his conscious with the fans. Some of what he said was uncalled for, but his overall message was received, by some fans at least.

The Count of Anti-Milan
27 May 05, 06:42
Fontana said what he said because he loves inter

:dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh:

snake
27 May 05, 07:43
Fontana said what he said because he loves inter

:dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh:

:dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh:

Hammoudi
27 May 05, 12:20
So I guess you two know more than Moratti :finger:

Tommi
27 May 05, 12:41
Whenever Mancini [or whatever he does/says] is questioned, then he´s always right according to few members of ours.

Well said Hamed. :thumbsup:

Fontana receives an golden medal. How can one receive an golden medal IF what he did was so outrageous? I guess it really wasn´t, all he did was stating the facts i assume.

The Count of Anti-Milan
27 May 05, 12:46
Well, Moratti has forgiven Ronaldo so... :rolleyes:

Mikkel
27 May 05, 12:49

Who dosn't :D

it would be embarrassing if Moratti knew more then any of us. That man is dumb as a door

Tommi
27 May 05, 12:55
Still the "dumb" has bought many many champions for us and without those champions many of us would´ve not even knew such a team like Inter even exists. Moratti seriously deserves much more than all this name calling...

Speaking of €naldo and forgiving him.

Let´s ask how Frisko feels? You´re so against what Fontana said, but you still dont think €naldo did anything wrong. I really cant even compare these two seriously though, but just for fun. Double standards Frisko, ey? :P

About Fontana. If it´s true that Mancini only confronted goalies and blamed only them for the goals we´ve conceeded, then Fontana has every right to say what he said. IF it´s true, then Mancini isn´t quite clever in my opinion.

Pravesh
27 May 05, 15:39
It's really good to know that. And I am with Tommi and Hamed on this. Just coz Fontana slammed Mancini doesn't mean that he's this and that.

Thank you Fontana for what you have given us durig your stay in Inter. Best of Luck. :)

:star:

Frisko
27 May 05, 17:20
Let´s ask how Frisko feels? You´re so against what Fontana said, but you still dont think €naldo did anything wrong. I really cant even compare these two seriously though, but just for fun. Double standards Frisko, ey? :P

Right, I must admit you have a point there, but remember, Ronaldo never insulted Cuper in such a heavy and gratuitous way, like Fontana did with Mancini.

Also, I think I can safely say that Ronaldo wasn't the last idiot in the squad, while Fontana is surely not our top player. So what the hell is he talking about playing as a starter?

I think the idiot was instructed to do that interview by his agent or someone like that. He has an agenda, he didn't just say it to get it off his chest.

So yeah, Ronaldo attacked Cuper but not during the season in such a harsh way.

Frisko
27 May 05, 17:24
It's really good to know that. And I am with Tommi and Hamed on this. Just coz Fontana slammed Mancini doesn't mean that he's this and that.

Thank you Fontana for what you have given us durig your stay in Inter. Best of Luck. :)

:star:

This attitude can only be explained by the fact that you people highly dislike Mancini.

If any member of the club was attacked in such a way, you would have been outraged. It's only natural, things like that shouldn't be done, the least they can cause is problems in the dressing room.

But since you don't like Mancini, you don't mind. This is the only explanation.

What would you say if Mancini gave an interview saying that he thinks Karagounis is an ass of a man, that he doesn't train hard and he doesn't deserve a place in the team?

You wouldn't go and look if it might be true. You would be offended by the way the criticism was done.

This is the outrage about Fontana. Not what he said, but the way he said it.

Jimmy
27 May 05, 17:44
Frisko, you keep saying that Fontana says he cries about being a starter. I don't see any quotes or indications that Fontana has even shown any discontent about not being the first keeper.

You might have read something different, because no source I've read has mentioned at all that Fontana demanded or wanted to be a starter.

Frisko
27 May 05, 17:49
Fontana said: 'With all due respect to Fabian, I'm nobody's third keeper".

If not a starter, he meant that he wanted to be 2nd keeper (why it makes such a difference to him is beyond me).

When he insults Mancini on a personal level (very low tactic) is because he allegedly 'blamed the goalkeepers because Inter was conceding too many goals'.

Well, he certainly wasn't blaming Fontana (and let's remember that there are no quotes of Mancini saying this), since Fontana was the player who got a chance to play after Toldo made several mistakes at the start of the season.

So, was Fontana's point that Mancini should have stuck with Toldo? Really guys, the guy has got a brain the size of a pea!

Jimmy
27 May 05, 22:03
Ever crossed your mind that the critizism Mancini might have done, has been during trainings and in private? Not necessarily with media?

You used your argument such as Fontana wanted to be a starter, and that's why it makes a difference that Fontana never said it. It's obviously been a clash on a personal level with these two and not when it comes to picking the team.

You won't find any quotes on this argument between these two anywhere, since I'm positive that this has been an incident in the locker-room and not with media.

Frisko
27 May 05, 22:08
Ever crossed your mind that the critizism Mancini might have done, has been during trainings and in private? Not necessarily with media?

You used your argument such as Fontana wanted to be a starter, and that's why it makes a difference that Fontana never said it. It's obviously been a clash on a personal level with these two and not when it comes to picking the team.

You won't find any quotes on this argument between these two anywhere, since I'm positive that this has been an incident in the locker-room and not with media.

Of course it crossed my mind, but then it's only Fontana's word. So you find it acceptable that a locker-room argument is brought to public attention thanks to an interview, and that Fontana used personal insults against Mancini, as a person, not as a coach?

Some people here said they're proud of Fontana, I'm so phuckin lost, what the hell is there to be proud of?

If he said that he wanted to be 1st or second keeper doesn't change anything Jimmy, his arrogance is still incredilble and disgusting.

snake
28 May 05, 00:43
no matter how stronly anybody feels, this proved 1 things.

Fontana is not a professional.Or surely doesnt act like it, how you guys think its OK to say what he said abotu his coach and felllow keeper during a season and cause so much un rest and more media hype towards us is beyond me.

you guys need to wake up honestly, inter is an organisation, not a freakin circus. but its idiots like Fontana who cant keep his mouth shut that makes us easy prey for the media.

ill repeat: Fontana feel whatever u want about mancini, but keep it to yourself.

Hammoudi
28 May 05, 01:45
Frisko, it's good that you said that those who agree with Fontana dislike Mancini. Because this is always implied by the Mancini Brigade on this forum, who attack anyone that dares and say something negative, even small, about him.

I love Mancini, I swear I do, if I see him in the street, I'll kiss him. He is a great coach, and one that I won't replace with Mourinho or Capello. He has given us an identity, he is making us entertaining, he is a great coach, period. I am sure Tommi and Pravesh feel the same way, just because of this embrace of Fontatna doesn't mean we hate Mancini.

I think this is my tenth time saying I like Mancini, because if I criticize him, the brigade is up and armed accusing me of hating him.

With that out of the way, let me reply to another point. Why Fontata went to the media? Becauase there was no channel between him and Mancini. Your answer is in his interview, he said Mancini sent his assistant - I think the guy who looks like an old Xabi Alonso who is always near Mancini during matches, I am sure he has a short name and doesn't go by my discrpiton :D - to talk to him, and didn't do it directly.

I repeat what I said, Mancini has shortcomings in dealings with players he is not familiar with. Doesn't mean I hate him, I am just criticizing him. Wouldn't you criticize your son/brother/friend if he made a mistake? Doesn't mean you hate him.

Finally, I have not seen any uproar or disarray that some talk about. I knew that nothing would come of it, Fontana was leaving anyway, and just wanted to clear up few things. Sadly, since there was no communication, he only could do it through the fans.

Why would Moratti give him a golden medal if he doesn't think he loves inter and he deserves it. Say what you say about Moratti, he might chose Materazzi over Samuel, but he knows who loves inter and who doesn't.

Frisko
28 May 05, 08:31
Why Fontata went to the media? Becauase there was no channel between him and Mancini. Your answer is in his interview, he said Mancini sent his assistant - I think the guy who looks like an old Xabi Alonso who is always near Mancini during matches, I am sure he has a short name and doesn't go by my discrpiton :D - to talk to him, and didn't do it directly.

I repeat what I said, Mancini has shortcomings in dealings with players he is not familiar with. Doesn't mean I hate him, I am just criticizing him. Wouldn't you criticize your son/brother/friend if he made a mistake? Doesn't mean you hate him.

Finally, I have not seen any uproar or disarray that some talk about. I knew that nothing would come of it, Fontana was leaving anyway, and just wanted to clear up few things. Sadly, since there was no communication, he only could do it through the fans.

Why would Moratti give him a golden medal if he doesn't think he loves inter and he deserves it. Say what you say about Moratti, he might chose Materazzi over Samuel, but he knows who loves inter and who doesn't.

Hamed, even if there was no dialogue between him and Mancini, you don't go to the press and make personal insults against a member of your club.

If you really must, you should only speak on a strictly technical basis. You just don't go and call your boss "a zero of a man". It's a question of integrity, and respect, for your colleagues, for your fans, for the club.

You talk about "shortcomings in dealings with players he is not familiar with". That might well be, I mean it's understandable if you consider the size of the squad.

And anyway, Mancini has made mistakes and he will do it again, that's only normal, you just have to look at the whole picture. For example, he's been destroyed by critics because he played Materazzi a lot, even as a left back, but the results weren't nearly as bad as most people predicted. As a matter of facts, things worked just great.

Why did Moratti give Fontana the medal? Because he's just a good man, he has a big heart and he sees the good in people. Fontana knows what he's done and he chose to leave Inter like this. He was an idol for me, the way he came off the bench for such big games and performed so well.

If you check threads in the games section you'll see that I always said he was our 2nd keeper, that he earned that role on the pitch, and that age didn't matter, he was our 2nd keeper.

He just had to spoil it all. Such a phuckin shame.

Gaetan
28 May 05, 13:54
Fontana is not a professional.Or surely doesnt act like it, how you guys think its OK to say what he said abotu his coach and felllow keeper during a season and cause so much un rest and more media hype towards us is beyond me.

Exactly. The fact that such an important player can talk bad about our coach, yet still be respect by some fans is simply amazing. I will no longer accept such BS from any of our players and will now always side with the coach. With more experience and less favoritism, I think Mancio will be the coach to take us towards the next level. We play football 'the right way', and in the second half of the season, our defense has taken a step toward being an elite defense.

Fontana can go to hell for all I care. He has no future with this club, and if he doesn't apologize for his actions then I fully support Mancio if we release him.

All hail Mancio!

Ziyad
28 May 05, 17:45
Gaetan...U said it urself when u talked about favoritism.Mancini has favorites and u admitt that and Fontana got sick of that and spoke out.

I dont know why this has to be a struggle between the forces of good and evil,maybe the release of star wars is affecting you people. Why cant the truth be somewhere in between where it usually is.

The fact that Fontana spoke out doesnt take away everything good he did for Inter,i really believe he spoke out because he had nothing to lose unlike others.

Mancini is a great coach but many point out to things they want to see changed which would make things even better for INTER.Doesnt mean they hate Mancini they just love INTER...Why is that so hard to understand.No one is perfect including Mancio and Fontana.

By the way just put urselves in Fontana's place in your own workplace(if u work)The boss blames you and you come up with a valid point that there could be more to this and then the boss ignores u completely...How would you feel?I am not excusing anything but the guy is human and humans have egos.The problem is that this could be a small fraction to the volcano erupting in other players in the lockerroom.

By the way i was one of the early ones saying Fontana has a point somewhere there and yet i was forgotten,how dare u guys :frustrat: ;)

Frisko
28 May 05, 18:51
The fact that Fontana spoke out doesnt take away everything good he did for Inter,i really believe he spoke out because he had nothing to lose unlike others.

Exactly. So you think that, if J Zanetti had a disagreement with Mancini, he would shut up just because he has something to lose?

Fontana knew exactly what his position at Inter was, a goner, so he took advantage and told Mancini to phuck off in the national press. Little problem for him: by doing so, he spat in the club's and fans' faces.

By the way just put urselves in Fontana's place in your own workplace(if u work)The boss blames you and you come up with a valid point that there could be more to this and then the boss ignores u completely...How would you feel?I am not excusing anything but the guy is human and humans have egos.The problem is that this could be a small fraction to the volcano erupting in other players in the lockerroom.

That's fine, if he had something to say about Mancini blaming the keepers, that's fine by me. Just explain to me where "Mancini is a zero as a man" fits into that please.

Gaetan...U said it urself when u talked about favoritism.Mancini has favorites and u admitt that and Fontana got sick of that and spoke out.
He certainly did not! He never said a word about favoritism Zyad.

Ziyad
28 May 05, 18:56

Exactly. The fact that such an important player can talk bad about our coach, yet still be respect by some fans is simply amazing. I will no longer accept such BS from any of our players and will now always side with the coach. With more experience and less favoritism, I think Mancio will be the coach to take us towards the next level. We play football 'the right way', and in the second half of the season, our defense has taken a step toward being an elite defense.

Fontana can go to hell for all I care. He has no future with this club, and if he doesn't apologize for his actions then I fully support Mancio if we release him.

All hail Mancio!

Frisko,since u didnt notice i highlighted it for u...

And i was talking about the likes of Emre and Davids who could have easily said the same things but they are worried about their careers and not looking like pro's or being perceived as trouble makers..

U know Mancini is not a god and can make mistakes,he isnt an experienced coach so how u see that he has no faults is beyond me.What all of us are hoping for is that he realizes these faults and works at them...He is learning along the way too.

That's fine, if he had something to say about Mancini blaming the keepers, that's fine by me. Just explain to me where "Mancini is a zero as a man" fits into that please.

What he means is that Mancio didnt take the criticism the right way and elected to IGNORE Fontana and speak to him through people...Now whether that is true or not is a different story,But if it is i think it justifies his OPINION...Not ours (remember before accusing us of Mancio hating.)

Tommi
29 May 05, 07:26
So yeah, Ronaldo attacked Cuper but not during the season in such a harsh way.
What €naldo did was a much worse. Every Inter fan believed in him, waited him, loved him and what did he do when he finally was fit to play? He raped the club and it´s fans and left.

This attitude can only be explained by the fact that you people highly dislike Mancini.
<snip>
But since you don't like Mancini, you don't mind. This is the only explanation.
I sure dont hate/dislike Mancini. This is what i said when i heard he´ll probably comes to Inter [posted Jun 16, 2004] ->

I´m happy Zac is gone and Mancini will probably come. Give him four-five year deal and dont sack him no matter what.And i haven´t changed my opinion about him.

Fontana knew exactly what his position at Inter was, a goner, so he took advantage and told Mancini to phuck off in the national press. Little problem for him: by doing so, he spat in the club's and fans' faces.
I dont understand, saying "you´re a zero of a man" to one person [coach], how is that disrespectful towards the whole club and it´s fans? You dont know and we dont know what has Mancini said to Fontana earlier. We have no clue, but i´m quite sure he did say something disrespectful ´cause Fontana reacted this way.

Frisko
29 May 05, 10:45
[I dont understand, saying "you´re a zero of a man" to one person [coach], how is that disrespectful towards the whole club and it´s fans? You dont know and we dont know what has Mancini said to Fontana earlier. We have no clue, but i´m quite sure he did say something disrespectful ´cause Fontana reacted this way.

Tommi, Mancini didn't go to a newspaper to insult Fontana, did he?

If everytime something was said between members of the club, they went moaning about it with the press and insulting each other, what would happen?

Mancini is the Inter coach, so let's not pretend that you can insult him as a coach and a person without insulting the club as well.

Tommi
29 May 05, 14:15
Tommi, Mancini didn't go to a newspaper to insult Fontana, did he?
No he didn´t.

"I was told that I had become ‘uncomfortable’ because I could create problems with my character," said Fontana.

"&#91;b&#93;But Mancini didn’t tell me this&#91;/b&#93;. He hasn’t got the balls to do so even if he is paid to do such things.
So, who should Fontana contact [other than media] when Mancini had no balls to even said that he´s [Fontana] not needed? To me it´s very weird that Mancini didn´t talk about this with Fontana, man to man talk. I guess the lack of communication, lack of respect and blaming goalkeepers was the reason why Fontana got so pissed.

Frisko
29 May 05, 14:52
I guess the lack of communication, lack of respect and blaming goalkeepers was the reason why Fontana got so pissed.

This is if what Fontana said is true, obviously.

Anyway, if you think that's acceptable, good for you.

Tommi
29 May 05, 14:58
Oh man...did i understood you just correctly i wonder...

So, if we think like that. Then how do we know that Fontana said Mancini this for example "Mancini was a phenomenon as a player but he is worth nothing as a man." Maybe that´s not true neither then. We dont know shite if we dont believe what media says they´ve said.

Anywayz, kind of ridiculous to argue about this with a member who think €naldo did hardly anything wrong when he left the way he left.

Frisko
29 May 05, 15:41
Oh man...did i understood you just correctly i wonder...

So, if we think like that. Then how do we know that Fontana said Mancini this for example "Mancini was a phenomenon as a player but he is worth nothing as a man." Maybe that´s not true neither then. We dont know shite if we dont believe what media says they´ve said.

Anywayz, kind of ridiculous to argue about this with a member who think €naldo did hardly anything wrong when he left the way he left.

No you didn't understand correctly. We only have Fontana's version of the facts. Fontana says that Mancini wouldn't speak to him in person but only through other people.

So, when you judge the situation, you only have Fontana's version of the facts. I never challenged what the media reported, since it was an interview, and the quotes were reported by several media. Also, Inter.it confirmed that Fontana was asked about the quotes, and confirmed they were accurate.

And if you don't want to argue with me, just don't Tommi!

SB9Dragon
29 May 05, 18:21
Wow, I didn't even know all of this drama between Fontana and Mancini happpened. I was sorta wondering where he went all of a sudden.

Miki
30 May 05, 00:47
I am sure that there is something interesting for me to add in this whole debate but something certainly pops up in my mind - we're all going to be arguing about Fontana's true objectives and the level of acceptance he has to bear for his words when he is certainly not going to be at Inter next season. Maybe that's a moot point in itself. Otherwise, carry on gentlemen. ;)

Ciao,
Tim

cool_cuchu
30 May 05, 10:21
mancio is a man, if fontana did say that.. it may be the truth..., mancio is not perfect, but fontana may also be exageratting...

mancio was certainly not happy with the goals conceded..., no one knows how he handle this outside the training ground... He's probably saying this to the goalies or some other people who deliver the news the wrong way to fontana...

it's a bit useless talking about this since fontana is basically very replacable, if you have to choose between montana or mancio, you would probably chose mancio at the blink of the eye...

I dont know fontana much, but from the way he responded on the field he looks like a straightforward guy, he doesnt look like a guy who like to complain much..

to me, a coach cant make everyone happy.. If he's making 80% of the people happy and they are starters, I think he's alright..

a coach doesnt have to be perfect..

mourinho for example is an as5... but he's a very good coach

primo-inter
30 May 05, 11:41
Fontana is 3rd choice keeper WHO CARES WHAT HE HAS TO SAY..

let's move on from this situation. Fontana just wants attention because nobody really cares about him. He probably has no wife or kids and he's already 39. Time is running out for you Alberto... I pity you. How many caps did you get again, Fontana??

Ziyad
30 May 05, 19:09
Fontana is 3rd choice keeper WHO CARES WHAT HE HAS TO SAY..

let's move on from this situation. Fontana just wants attention because nobody really cares about him. He probably has no wife or kids and he's already 39. Time is running out for you Alberto... I pity you. How many caps did you get again, Fontana??

Fontana is a great backup keeper,he is second choice to Toldo and has been great everytime he played my friend and there is no shame in being ready everytime ur team needs u.

If Fontana wantas attention he would have complained along time ago NOT under the coach who gave him more playing time than anyone in Inter.

He has a wife and kids and for u to make such statements to make him look ludicrous is in itself a very low attempt.

WHY NOT TACKLE THE ISSUE BEHIND THIS INSTEAD OF ATTACKING THE MAN... :yuck:

Hammoudi
02 Jun 05, 01:37
if you have to choose between montana or mancio, you would probably chose mancio at the blink of the eye...

I beg to differ, I would choose Montana. It's a great state in the US, and I think I can make a fortune if I have the chance to own it.

Just kidding you Yopi, I will choose Mancini. It's great to see you posting often again :)

Handoyo
02 Jun 05, 03:35
Yes, definitely, I would choose Tony Montana. He would be a great partner for Materazzi, Mihajlovic, Davids, Emre and Stankovic. We need him especially if we are really going to play the Zapatista rebels.

http://www.gobaeng.de/images/products/xl758.jpg

Hammoudi
02 Jun 05, 03:45
:dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: Should've chose that one, but this what you get when you are not into these types of movies. I think I, along with few people, are the only men that haven't seen Scarface or the Godfather trilogy (I saw part one, not bad, but not my type.)

There is also Joe Montana, one of the best QB's in NFL history :D

snake
02 Jun 05, 03:48
i have scarface on dvd, and the godfather triligoy 5 dvd set special.

i love em both 2 death. use to have a meter by meter of scarface sitting smoking a cigar, but its gone now. :depress:

Frisko
02 Jun 05, 14:15
Yes, definitely, I would choose Tony Montana. He would be a great partner for Materazzi, Mihajlovic, Davids, Emre and Stankovic. We need him especially if we are really going to play the Zapatista rebels.

http://www.gobaeng.de/images/products/xl758.jpg

Lolol thanks Han you made my day :dielaugh:

Just picture Pacino and Matrix stopping Zlatan, getting out an uzi each and telling him "Say hello to my little friend"!! :dielaugh:

Handoyo
02 Jun 05, 14:22
Mate, you have good taste. :cool: I only have the Gofather trilogy DVD though, I rented Scarface.

i love em both 2 death. use to have a meter by meter of scarface sitting smoking a cigar, but its gone now. :depress:
What is 'Scarface' actually? :confused:

Hand;)yo

primo-inter
02 Jun 05, 14:29
Mate, you have good taste. :cool: I only have the Gofather trilogy DVD though, I rented Scarface.

What is 'Scarface' actually? :confused:

Hand;)yo

TONY MONTANA maaiing...

http://www.posterandprintgallery.com/internet%20pic/scarface.jpg

I love this movie. I've seen it at least 7 times (which is A LOT of hours, it goes for about 3 hrs).

Handoyo
02 Jun 05, 14:48
I know. But Helal said he "used to have a meter by meter of scarface sitting <snip>" and what does 'scarface' in that sentence actually mean?

Hand;)yo

primo-inter
02 Jun 05, 14:59
I know. But Helal said he "used to have a meter by meter of scarface sitting <snip>" and what does 'scarface' in that sentence actually mean?

Hand;)yo

I think he means he had a poster on his wall (1metre x 1metre) of Scarface (Tony Montana). Probably this...

http://messagepals.ca/Images/Galleries/macaleese/TonyMontana.jpg

or this...

http://www.allposters.com/IMAGES/153/822442.jpg

or something else! :D

snake
03 Jun 05, 03:38
'Scarface' is actually Tony Montanas nickname. As you can see that huge scar on his face, at the start they asked him where he got it from, he said "from eating pussy" lol.

anyway, originally the real Scarface nickname belonged to none other then the most famous real life mobster ever! Al Kapone...

Handoyo
03 Jun 05, 06:41
Last off-topic post here, I promise! :D It's Al Capone. ;) Helal and the others, let's resume this in the movie topic in the Off Topic forum. :)

Hand;)yo

Mikkel
03 Jun 05, 11:03
was this thread not supose to be about Mancini's Man Management

I have made a special thread about the movies go Here (http://forza-inter.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=66074#66074)

cool_cuchu
08 Jun 05, 03:31
you guys are :fero: :fero: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: