PDA

View Full Version : Sampdoria - Inter

Frisko
17 May 05, 18:47
It's going to be incredibly hard to be motivated for this. Especially considering the fact that Samp are fighting for the CL spot big time.

I would really like us to win, since we're likely to close the gap with Milan, who are probably going to play all the reserves against Palermo, saving all starters for the CL final, and get beaten :D

INTER_FAN
17 May 05, 18:52
I agree Frisko, we should play to win and get the momentum with us to next season, and we do exactly what Barca did last season and this season, we cant finish 2nd but the momentum is what matters.

for guys like me in Canada here is TLN schedule for next week:

Sunday May 22nd, 2005

8:55am/et Livorno vs Juventus LIVE

2:30pm/et Sampdoria vs Inter TAPE DELAY

Ciao,

minterke
17 May 05, 21:13
Sampdoria are still shaking from our last game vs them :dielaugh:

Hammoudi
18 May 05, 01:59
Thanks Ray, I was about to check that. So I guess Milan's games are useless now.

The name Sampdoria vs Inter will forever by synonomous with that epic game in late January. It was a surreal experience that I don't think I will ever re-experience, or even if I do, it will have to be far more impressive than that.

I honestly thought that was Sampdoria's ticket to Serie B. They were in a high and could've had an advante over us in points, and psychologically as well. But credit to them, they fought back and are still in the hunt. I hope they make it, because they are a traditional club, and for the fans in Genoa. And also so that Udi sell us Pizarro.

primo-inter
18 May 05, 04:35
I think we will lose this one. I've just got a hunch. We came so close to losing last time, but we won amazingly - probably the best moment I've ever experienced as an inter fan. It was such an emotional game, I loved it. I thought we were destined to lose.. then we drew level!! then we WON! it was truly incredible. Inter's price to win was 999/1 on Betfair in the last 2 mins. It was a record for them to lose a bet at such odds.

I think 2-1 to Samp will be the score. We've got nothing to play for really.

I just hope we get at least 70 pts this season. Isn't our record points total 69? then again....... there are 2 extra teams this season. :stuckup:

Hammoudi
18 May 05, 04:41
Anything but a draw, really, I'd rather lose than draw. I want us to have at least as many draws as wins, but not more draws than wins.

Besides, I really want Sampdoria to make it to the CL, let's relieve the great early nineties :heart: :cry:

But I believe we will beat them. We are really hot as of late, and it's important for us to march into tough away games and win.

Besides, Pizza is suspended for the Udi game, and Janku is out, so I think Sampa will make it anyway.

The Count of Anti-Milan
18 May 05, 09:19
Don't be surprised if Mancini decides to give a nice present to his old club! ;) And don't be indignant either, everyone does it at this stage and situation.

minterke
18 May 05, 10:19
Anything but a draw, really, I'd rather lose than draw. I want us to have at least as many draws as wins, but not more draws than wins.

Besides, I really want Sampdoria to make it to the CL, let's relieve the great early nineties :heart: :cry:

But I believe we will beat them. We are really hot as of late, and it's important for us to march into tough away games and win.

Besides, Pizza is suspended for the Udi game, and Janku is out, so I think Sampa will make it anyway.

Please dont tell me ur serious :yuck:

DISCO ZZANG
18 May 05, 11:04
This match is very good test for Inter. especially Inter players real mentality power? ability?

Sampdoria vs Inter. difficult match. totally different match against Messina,Siena,Brescia,Livorno.

catanha
18 May 05, 11:31
Test to see some players, and whether the have futures at Inter or not:

Toldo
Ze Maria Materazzi Mihajlovic Coco
Karagounis C.Zanetti Emre Kily
Cruz Vieri

Yeah yeah, I'm gonna cop some stick for that, but that is honestly what I'd put out, last chance for some against quality opposition.

Choppin Onions
18 May 05, 19:10
I'd rather see Samp in the CL than Udinese. The latter are going to lose a few players in the summer I'm sure while Samp are the epitome of the hard-working, no star players kinda team. Plus they have alot more fans than Udinese and they have one of the better stadio's in Italy to boot. ;)

I still don't want to see us lose but if we did I wouldn't be to angry. It'll be interesting to see who Mancini throws out there against his former team though, especially considering this game mean nothing to us. Wouldn't it be amusing and a tad suspicous to be see Marino and Andreolli in the starting line-up? :D

Frisko
18 May 05, 19:21
I honestly thought that was Sampdoria's ticket to Serie B.

Serie B? Are you nuts? They had the 3rd best defence is Serie A back then, and they've been in the top 6 all year long!

J zanetti
18 May 05, 19:26
I'd rather see Samp in the CL than Udinese. The latter are going to lose a few players in the summer I'm sure while Samp are the epitome of the hard-working, no star players kinda team. Plus they have alot more fans than Udinese and they have one of the better stadio's in Italy to boot. ;)

I still don't want to see us lose but if we did I wouldn't be to angry. It'll be interesting to see who Mancini throws out there against his former team though, especially considering this game mean nothing to us. Wouldn't it be amusing and a tad suspicous to be see Marino and Andreolli in the starting line-up? :D
I'm with you on this one. Meaning pretty ambivalent regarding the outcome! I'd rather see Samp than Udinese in C.L
Not only because if their fans and so on but because I believe they will be a better representative for Italy (Seria A) than Udinese.

Frisko
18 May 05, 19:30
I agree with you guys, but I still want to beat them and close the gap to Milan as much as possible.

J zanetti
18 May 05, 19:45
I agree with you guys, but I still want to beat them and close the gap to Milan as much as possible.
I'm glad you agree with us. However I just cant see any point in closing the gap between us and milan. At the end of the day 6 or 8 or 12 points gap doesnt really matter! :rolleyes:

Giorgio
18 May 05, 19:47
It is important that we win. Like ZZang said it will be a test of our players mental toughness. I would like to see this team:

Toldo

Javier
Cordoba
Matrix
Coco

Karagounis
Veron
Cambiasso
Kily

Oba
Bobo

It is clear that Vieri and Martins are playing exceptionally at the moment and we shouldn't tear up that partnership just for the sake of Adriano. He has to acknowledge their form and work harder to win back his spot. As I am sure that he will...... :)

Frisko
18 May 05, 19:53
I'm glad you agree with us. However I just cant see any point in closing the gap between us and milan. At the end of the day 6 or 8 or 12 points gap doesnt really matter! :rolleyes:

That's exactly what my brother said, but I disagree. It would matter to me, after all in a couple of years we'll go back and see the final standings. We deserve to finish closer to Milan, with all the lucky wins they've got.

I'd be happy if we could finish 4 or 5 points behind them. Just for honour really.

Pani
18 May 05, 20:52
We could let them win,and they could let us win next year there. :D

minterke
18 May 05, 21:43
2-1 win for us.

Toldo
Capitano-Cordoba-Matrix-Favalli
Deki-CZanetti-Cambiasso-Kily
Adriano-Oba

Adriano needs to play and get his form back and now is perfect as we need him in form in time for the Final. Rest Vieri caz hes old and he played alot these past weeks. Rest Veron as well.

SB9Dragon
18 May 05, 22:36
We got this far without Adriano, and I don't see why we should bench an in form Vieri just so he can get some minutes. (Gosh, I can't believe I just said that :eek: )

----------------Vieri--------------Martins

----Stankovic---Cambiasso--Veron--Karagounis

----Favalli-----Materazzi----Cordoba----J. Zanetti

--------------------------Carini

snake
18 May 05, 23:31
i think its going to be Cruz-Adriano up front.

Alex de Large
19 May 05, 00:03
i will like...

------------toldo------------
javi cordoba miha/matrix kily (i like him there,favalli and coco injured)
--------CZ------CHUCHU---------------------
--------VERON-------EMRE (last game in the san siro...)
stanko or kara on the second half for veron.
----------cruz----adriano------on the second half: martins vieri or cruz adriano the second half and vieri and martins the firtst.....)

and also sit javier on the bench and put ze maria there.... javier need rest he has no rest past summer on the argentina squad. and he has to be ready for the final of the coppa next month.

cool_cuchu
19 May 05, 03:20
I seriously think that we should win this game, or at least a tie..., our team should not enjoy themselves after a horrible start of the season.. consider this as a preparation for the next season...

we should win every game left... at least our game will show it..

put our best team possible, there's no point on giving sampdoria points, I dont care who's gonna be on the 4th spot, we should beat everybody....

this will be the sign if our team is good enough for winning serie a next season...

Udinese will flop in CL, if they have any good player we can sign in we can help them with exchange him/them with many of our players.. which we dont keep for next season

Pravesh
19 May 05, 03:21
If we do any kinda favour to Sampdoria, then forget getting Pizarro (if we have any plans to get him, especially if we fail to keep Veron).

It won't be an easy game and yeah, I too want Sampdoria to play in Champions League. :star:

;)

catanha
19 May 05, 05:29
We've got third spot.
Into the Coppa final.
Are thinking of reducing our squad.

Why are people still leaving out the likes of Materazzi, Mihajlovic, Coco, Karagounis, C.Zanetti, Emre, Cruz and Vieri out of their teams?
I say all of those players must play, maybe with the exeption of Emre who is leaving 100%, the rest need a big game against quality opposition to prove themselves.

snake
19 May 05, 08:01
C.Znetti is going no where. Believe me.

Pod
19 May 05, 15:05
Racalbuto is the refere :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

We've lost it

Vic
21 May 05, 04:09
This is a game were we have nothing to play for, but we should bear in mind that we are Inter and we must make the nerazzurri colours proud! Whoever plays must make the maximum effort!

Would Cordoba be fine for this game? When Andy VDM goinf to be back? Anyways Kara has being very good of late, and I do have faith in him, lets hope no injuries come out of this game.

Forza Inter!! :)

Handoyo
21 May 05, 04:44
Now that it has been confirmed that Adriano will not participate in the Coppa Italia campaign anymore, I hope that he will be used in the remaining Serie A games against Sampdoria & Reggina. Give him the chance to break his scoring duck. Let him be happy and prove Mancini wrong. In a worst-case scenario, let him say his goodbye to the fans. :(

Hand:stress:yo

J zanetti
21 May 05, 09:37
Good post Han,

I believe that IF Adriano is stays in Milano in order to play the CI finals then he should really be given priority ahead of the rest if our forwards. Because I just cant imagine the headlines after these games if doesn’t feature or comes in as sub. Remember he has apparently indicated his will to stay and play in both finals – though surely he would not have given the same interview to any Brazilian press ;-)
Anyhow I believe any player who does postpone his NT activities should be rewarded by the club.

Mancini should have a say in this. He should think clearly and decide what to do. It seems like he can’t have it all. If Adriano cant be available for the 2 finals then he should rest Bobo and play our fit yet somehow out of form Adriano in our last 2 remaining serie A games. However on the other hand if Adriano is available for the finals then considering his state of mind and weak psychological baby brain – Mancini should feature him in both games.

Finally just a reminder which is something I have said all along. I’m 100% certain that if we don’t win any big trophies within the 2 coming seasons Adriano is gone. Champions fancy trophies. Mark my word.

Pravesh
21 May 05, 12:21
Even if Adriano surpisingly gets to play Coppa Italia Cup for us (which I very much doubt as he's already selected for the Selcao), Adriano must be played against Sampdoria and Reggina. There's like 2 weeks gap after the Reggina game for the Coppa Finals. ;)

And who else should be given the chance to start ?? I would say - Emre (if he's fit), KARAGOUNIS, Stankovic and C.Zanetti. As I doubt Emre's fit to start, I would go with Kily, who deserves to start.

In defence, Gamarra !! Along with Coco, Ze Maria ... then Carini and co.

;)

Pravesh
21 May 05, 12:30
Goalkeepers: 1 Francesco Toldo, 15 Fabian Carini

Defenders: 2 Ivan Ramiro Cordoba, 4 Javier Zanetti, 13 Zé Maria , 16 Giuseppe Favalli, 23 Marco Materazzi, 24 Carlos Gamarra, 40 Nicolas Giani, 49 Marco Andreolli

Midfielders: 6 Cristiano Zanetti, 18 Cristian Kily González, 19 Esteban Cambiasso, 21 Giorgos Karagounis, 25 Dejan Stankovic, 47 Dino Marino

Strikers: 9 Julio Ricardo Cruz, 10 Adriano, 30 Obafemi Martins, 32 Christian Vieri

----------------------------------

Veron has been rested; Mihajlovic is suspended; V.Meyde-Emre-Coco are not fit.

I hope Cordoba wun be played, if he's not fit. And I really hope to see Dino Marino, Andreolli get to play in this game. :proud:

Dino Marino has been with the senior squad since a long time, he deserves it !! ;)

:)

Javier Zanetti
21 May 05, 12:59
It starts in one minute and there are still no line-ups on Inter.it or Sampdoria's site :confused: .

J zanetti
21 May 05, 13:03
It starts in one minute and there are still no line-ups on Inter.it or Sampdoria's site :confused: .
Wake up & smell the coffe dude ;) The game is tomorrow! :D

Javier Zanetti
21 May 05, 13:05
:P .

I thought it's today coz BBilan played yesterday.

Pravesh
21 May 05, 15:08

:D :P

Stefan
21 May 05, 17:51
My team

Toldo

JZ gamara Matrix Favlli??

Karagounis Stankovic CZ Kily

Oba Adriano

Not sure if favalii is called up if not cordoba at lb.

Jimmy
21 May 05, 18:35
I'd go with this lineup:

Toldo

Ze Maria - Gamarra - Materazzi - Favalli

Karagounis - Marino - C. Zanetti - Stankovic

Cruz - Adriano

Mancini mentioned that a Primavera player could start tomorrow. It'll probably be Andreolli as God forbid that Gamarra starts. Personally, I hope for Marino who seemed like a mature player when I saw him.

No use playing Cordoba in this game. Give him the day off, IMO.

interista
21 May 05, 18:53
Inter-Sampdoria ..... :D whata memories..the best game I ever been :rolleyes:

Pani
21 May 05, 20:00
Inter-Sampdoria ..... :D whata memories..the best game I ever been :rolleyes:

What a game... :proud:

SB9Dragon
21 May 05, 21:13
Adriano will start from the start (according to Mancini) other then that I hope that some youth teamers get time and they still manage to get the desired result.

NIKES0CCER14
21 May 05, 21:36
Inter vs. Sampdoria

-----------------------------Carini-------------------------
-----------------Gamarra--------------Favalli---------------
Andreolli----------------------------------------------Giani
-----------------------------------C.Zanetti----------------
------------------Stankovic---------------------------------
Karagounis--------------------------------------------Marino
------------------------------------Adriano-----------------
------------------Cruz--------------------------------------

Subs:Toldo,Ze Maria,Materazzi,Kily,Cambiasso,Martins,Vieri

Frisko
22 May 05, 01:19
Favalli will not start. Mancini said that he will only play if we need him (it's in that 3rd part of his interview which hasn't been translated in English. I would do so now but it's 2.20 am here...).

snake
22 May 05, 02:14
Wake up & smell the coffe dude ;) The game is tomorrow! :D :dielaugh: thats hilarious

scutzon
22 May 05, 02:56
Although we have already confirmed third place, this is no way to play against Sampdoria. Yes, I know that we should give some younger players some experience, but playing Favalli in centre-back is quite ridiculous, IMO. I agree that we should play Carini, and maybe Gamarra, but playing Andreolli and Giani as wing backs, is pretty risky.

Even if we have already clinched third place, I still want us to win this match.

My Line-up for the game:

--------------------------Toldo----------------------
Ze Maria-----Gamarra-----Materazzi---J. Zanetti
Karagounis---Marino-------C. Zanetti---------Kily
----------------Adriano---------Vieri---------------

minterke
22 May 05, 03:04
Although we have already confirmed third place, this is no way to play against Sampdoria. Yes, I know that we should give some younger players some experience, but playing Favalli in centre-back is quite ridiculous, IMO. I agree that we should play Carini, and maybe Gamarra, but playing Andreolli and Giani as wing backs, is pretty risky.

Even if we have already clinched third place, I still want us to win this match.

My Line-up for the game:

--------------------------Toldo----------------------
Ze Maria-----Gamarra-----Materazzi---J. Zanetti

Karagounis---Marino-------C. Zanetti---------Kily
----------------Adriano---------Vieri---------------

I agree. We really need to win this match, a loss would decrease our morale.

----------------Toldo----------------

--ZeMaria--Gamarra--Matrix--JZ-

-Karagounis--Stankovic--CZ--Emre/Kily

-----------Obagol---Imperatore--------

Jony
22 May 05, 03:48

Man, you should win a special prize just for saying that. :dielaugh:

primo-inter
22 May 05, 06:44
why not have a bit of fun with the line-up? ;)

Adriano--Cruz
Kily--C. Zanetti--Marino--Karagounis
Favalli-Andreolli--Cordoba-Capitano
Carini

snake
22 May 05, 09:50
http://www.inter.it/aas/img/69775.jpg

Brace YourSelves..

Fabio
22 May 05, 11:31
Indeed, I am very excited about seeing one or more of our youth team players today, either one of:

Dino Marino

http://www.inter.it/aas/img/58296.jpg

Marco Andreolli

http://www.inter.it/aas/img/66753.jpg

Nicolas Giani

http://www.inter.it/aas/img/35721.jpg

Fabio ;)

Tommi
22 May 05, 11:33
I certainly hope to see Marino in field today.

I saw this lineup in televideo. I dont think it´s official, even thought it doesnt say probable anymore ->

http://www.televideo.rai.it/pagine/RAI%201/228_00.jpg

FORZA RAGAZZI!!!!!!

Jimmy
22 May 05, 12:40
Quite a boring lineup, I think:

Toldo

Ze Maria - Cordoba - Materazzi - Zanetti

Stankovic - C. Zanetti - Cambiasso - Kily

Cruz - Adriano

Gamarra on the bench. :D Talk about a hopeless situation. Cordoba picked up a knock against Cagliari and isn't even 100% and yet Gamarra can't play a useless game.

Not one of the Primavera players from start. :(

Tommi
22 May 05, 12:46
Crap!

We have nothing to lose and we wont even use Marino and Gamarra at the start. Also, if this is Vieri´s last season, it would be good to use him when he´s on fire. Darn!

snake
22 May 05, 12:48
i think its a good line up.

we wont make it easy for Sampa. Plus i love seeing the duo of the Hammer and Cuchu at work.

Genoa is not the easiest of places to come to and get a result.

primo-inter
22 May 05, 12:55
Cambiasso and C. Zanetti are a strong defensive midfield, very hard for Samp to break down.

I think this will be low scoring, maybe even 0-0. :depress:

2 Primavera players on the bench, this is a positive sign. I hope to see them in the second half, though I think we will only see 1 make an appearance... this is Dino Marino.

Nicolas Giani has been added to the Squad area at inter.it. :)

FORZA INTER

is any cool stream channel showing this?

Frisko
22 May 05, 13:00
i think its a good line up.

we wont make it easy for Sampa. Plus i love seeing the duo of the Hammer and Cuchu at work.

Genoa is not the easiest of places to come to and get a result.

Spot on.

scutzon
22 May 05, 13:01
I'm surprised that we're playing with 2 defensive central midfielders, Cambiasso and C. Zanetti. Mancini could have tried playing Stankovic or Marino in the centre. Maybe it will be a low scoring match, either a draw, or a match decided by only one goal. I just hope we don't play too defensively, and score, and win this match.

Frisko
22 May 05, 13:04
Fabio and everybody else that can see British Eurosport, they were supposed to show Gobbi but they changed it to Samp v Inter!

Frisko
22 May 05, 13:06
Sloppy start from us, they just hit the crossbar with Pisano who was let free to shoot from just outside the box.

brehme1989
22 May 05, 13:17
There is less than 30% chance to win this, man. They really want it, we just need some practice for the final :rolleyes:

J zanetti
22 May 05, 13:20
Fabio and everybody else that can see British Eurosport, they were supposed to show Gobbi but they changed it to Samp v Inter!
Since last weeks show they confirmed the Samp - Inter game. So its not a last minute change! ;)

Frisko
22 May 05, 13:23
Dejan is doing very well, his passing is accurate and he seems comfortable on the right with the support of Ze Maria.

Frisko
22 May 05, 13:37
Goooooooooool! Imperatore!!!!!

primo-inter
22 May 05, 13:39
ADRIANO!!!! GOL!! BELLA GOL, SI BELLA GOL.

FORZA CRUZ! What an awesome assist!

That was a very good finish by Adriano, he received the through ball from Cruz, controlled it exceptionally, chipping it over the keeper and then tapping it into an empty net.

FORZA INTER

away to Sampdoria? no problemi!

J zanetti
22 May 05, 13:51
A pretty poor display from our defence line up. None of our wing players have produced what is expected from them in terms offensive game. Frankly I speaking I cant recall a single cross from neither of Killy or Deki.

Cruz have been ok in helping the midfield. Adriano has had a poor game and his goal was the only positive aspect of his game. You can clearly see the guy is lacking confidence. Hopefully Adriano’s first “open game” goal since Dec 4th!! Will help him to regain some of his confidence!

Overall we should consider ourselves lucky being ahead after the first half. It would be a shame not to see Samp in net years C.L

Frisko
22 May 05, 13:52
Since last weeks show they confirmed the Samp - Inter game. So its not a last minute change! ;)

Oh I see. I haven't watched TV since last Sunday when they said they were going to show Gobbi.

Jimmy
22 May 05, 13:53
I'd be very surprised if we get away from this match with a clean-sheet and even a point. Not the best of halves exactly, which was expected. I really thought we'd be crushed out there. :D

MoH
22 May 05, 13:59
We’ve been pretty poor on the left, and who would have thought an ex-Milan player would prove such a nuisance (Kutuzov) What ever happens, I hope this proves to the Inter management the need for a world class left back. :inter:

scutzon
22 May 05, 14:06
Nice goal by Adriano to give us the 1-0 lead over Sampdoria, who, judging by the live report on Inter.it, have been playing better than us. Hopefullu, we will see the likes of Martins and Marino in the second half. And maybe either of Andreolli and Giani too, when the victory is guaranteed.

primo-inter
22 May 05, 14:11
Hopefully Adriano’s first “open game” goal since Dec 4th!! Will help him to regain some of his confidence!

are you forgetting the hat trick of "open game goals" against Porto? :D

snake
22 May 05, 14:21
he meant Serie A... :D

i think that game was against messina wasnt it?

J zanetti
22 May 05, 14:26
Hopefully Adriano’s first “open game” goal since Dec 4th!! Will help him to regain some of his confidence!

are you forgetting the hat trick of "open game goals" against Porto? :D
No I'm not! I'm ONLY refering to his Serie A games!

primo-inter
22 May 05, 14:28
he meant Serie A... :D

i think that game was against messina wasnt it?

it was. He scored a hat trick there.

I think we may be able to hold off Sampdoria today.. they don't seem to be making a break through...

This is much like the first match against Sampdoria, except we outplayed them and they were winning, this time they're outplaying us and we're winning! Do they have what it takes to stage a last-minute comeback? I seriously doubt it.

J zanetti
22 May 05, 14:30
I feel sorry for all the Samp supporters out there... :rolleyes: They now have hit the post 3 times!!!

primo-inter
22 May 05, 14:36
Novellino makes his 3rd substitution before we make our 1st...

which is to bring off Cruz, grazie Cruz, nice ball to Adriano.

to bring on....

CHRISTIAN VIERI!

TRITOLONE!

FORZA INTER :inter:

primo-inter
22 May 05, 14:42
J. Zanetti receives his 2nd yellow card all season!

Does anyone know if he's ever had a red card before?

OBA OBA gol time. Oba (169cm) replaces GOALSCORER ADRIANO (189cm).

Grazie Adriano.

Forza Oba!

Frisko
22 May 05, 14:44
Dino Marino's Seria A debut.

primo-inter
22 May 05, 14:46
39' What a birthday present for the young Primavera midfielder, who turns 20 tomorrow.
39' Mancini hands Dino Marino his Serie A debut as the midfielder comes on for Kily Gonzalez.

:proud:

snake
22 May 05, 14:55
nice win.

DISCO ZZANG
22 May 05, 14:56
Finita!!!

Good Inter players mental game. of course Samp very unlucky.

Jimmy
Well, we won due to pure luck to be honest. :D I thought we would play relaxed and have fun, but instead we played ridiculously passive. The victory is sealed, so that's a good thing.

primo-inter
FINITO

SAMPDORIA 0 - 1 INTER

wow..... not many teams have done the season double over Sampdoria. name me one other team that has done it this season... :)

FORZA INTER :inter: :D

J zanetti
An undeserved victory is all I can say. It’s just a shame that we didn’t have lady luck on our side MUCH earlier into the season! 3 positive aspects of our game were Adriano’s goal, Dino Marino’s debut and that we showed professionalism by fighting to the last minute of the game.

Frisko
22 May 05, 15:00
Well, that wasn't a pretty win. We looked awful and were incredibly lucky.

Still, you can't really expect to go and win playing great always, and especially not in such a difficult away game.

I feel a bit for Samp, hopefully they'll overtake Udinese next week.

Mancini's Inter numbers for Serie A just keep getting better:

- 4 wins in a row

- 4 clean sheets in a row

- 8 wins in the last 9 games!

- 7 clean sheets in the last 8 games!

Tommi
22 May 05, 15:04
I feel sorry for all the Samp supporters out there... :rolleyes: They now have hit the post 3 times!!!
So did i.

Not only they played so much better and were so unlucky, they were also robbed a penalty. When J. Zanetti fouled [dont remember who] at the end, the referee gave them a freekick even though the foul happened inside of the penalty area.

Also, didn´t Adriano foul some Sampdoria player [in the middle of the field] when he and Cruz were attacking and we scored a goal from that?

Stats:

Shots on goal - Sampdoria 7 - Inter 3
Corners - Sampdoria 8 - Inter 3
Fouls against - Sampdoria 17 - Inter 7
Ball possession - Sampdoria 39:43 - Inter 21:10
But, win is a win, i guess...

Frisko
22 May 05, 15:09
When J. Zanetti fouled [dont remember who] at the end, the referee gave them a freekick even though the foul happened inside of the penalty area.

It was indeed inside the box, but Capitano got the ball.

Riku
22 May 05, 15:13
Actually Tommi, it was Adriano who was fouled when we scored the goal but the ref let the play continue as far as I can remember.

Anyway, I`m kinda sorry too for Sampdoria, they would`ve deserved at least a point. Oh well, a win is a win. Nice to see Dino Marino make his debut and Adriano finally score again.

Thug_Paco
22 May 05, 15:13
Nice win :star: against a great side and a stadium that was exploding. After seeing this game I really hope Samp can reach the cl on the last matchday cause with such a support and such a passion they deserve it.

As for our performance it was ugly to say the least, Samp were all over us and deserved at least a draw if not a win as they hit the woodwork 3 times and that Edusei shot was a cracker. But then again we had nothing to play for, the season is almost over so u cant always expect us to play marvellous football and also Veron wasnt there. Wich shows how important this guy is, I just hope that we buy Pizarro in the summer so we have 2 world class playmakers.

Im happy Adriano was back to scoring ways :proud: but his performance was pathetic, Cruz gave another assist like last week but his performance was also nothing to write home about. And to be honest after seeing Vieri and Martins together today again, Im starting to think that these 2 are the perfect couple as they understand each other incredibly well. They combined well again and were more dangerous than Cruz and Adriano in the couple of minutes they got.

Also Dino Marino :star: nice to have seen glimpes of him, now lets hope he gets a start next week.

Last but not least I still dont like Mancini but the stats frisko gave us are really Encouraging.

:star: FORZA INTER :star:

Tommi
22 May 05, 15:16
So? It´s a change of rules all of the sudden? :D

Actually Tommi, it was Adriano who was fouled when we scored the goal but the ref let the play continue as far as I can remember.
You could be right there. It all came so sudden and i didnt get to see the replay. The boring english commentator just mumbled something about the foul in there. I have to see it again from Rai in an hour, then i´m a lot wiser.

primo-inter
22 May 05, 15:18
I didn't feel sorry for Sampdoria when we beat them 3-2, don't expect me to feel sorry for them now.

For God's sake guys, we are inter fans. Who gives a f-ck about Sampdoria? I couldn't care less about them getting into the CL!

Some of you are talking as if you'd rather see us draw/lose than win? wtf is with that. WTF IS WITH THAT! WHAT THE F-CK IS WITH THAT?!!?!??

We should want to win ALL THE TIME. Who cares if we don't "DESERVE" to win.

p.s. please don't get upset by this post...
(e.g. :cry:)

Jony
22 May 05, 15:24
Wow where was luck at the beginning of the season....and during the games with Mulan. :eek:

Riku
22 May 05, 15:24
Calm down man, of course I always want us to win. But I also feel sorry for Samp because I`d rather see them in the CL than Udinese.

The boring english commentator just mumbled something about the foul in there.
Isn`t it annoying how he talks so quiet and then when something happens the guy suddenly shouts like his ass is on fire :D

primo-inter
22 May 05, 15:29
You could be right there. It all came so sudden and i didnt get to see the replay. The boring english commentator just mumbled something about the foul in there. I have to see it again from Rai in an hour, then i´m a lot wiser.

Is this RAI international you speak of? if so..... what can you tell me about Sampdoria-Inter, are they going to show it soon? My guide hasn't been updated.

Tommi
22 May 05, 15:38
Is this RAI international you speak of?
Nope, sowwy.

I have Rai Uno which shows 90 minuto [all the highlights and stuff] and Rai Due which shows La Domenica Sportiva [more highlights and great legends to talk about football etc].
Edit:
Isn`t it annoying how he talks so quiet and then when something happens the guy suddenly shouts like his ass is on fire
It sure is. I have tried to listen Scarpini and watch the match, but the picture and the sound doesn´t mix up ´cause radio coverage is delayed 15-20 seconds.

Alex de Large
22 May 05, 15:38
well maybe samp deserve a little more at the end but i'am happy that we win, i don't care if udine goes to CL and samp to UEFA.
i'am sorry but right now Inter is the best team of Italy, we can beat juve samp and also milan.
best team of italy=best team of europe=best team of the world.
we have to continue playing like that the next season with the same players.

AlbaKing
22 May 05, 16:59
good game inter win yes :D:D::D:D

Gaetan
22 May 05, 17:12
Poor officiating and decent defense by the lads.

I think on many of our counter attacks we got robbed by silly "fouls" called against us, but although we weren't easy on the eyes, we played effective football and pulled out a win.

It took us too late in the season to pull off these gritty games and clean sheets, sigh.

Congratulations to the boys for a hard fought and well earned victory.

Frisko
22 May 05, 17:43
I just don't know what the hell was Dejan thinking when he handled the ball at the end, ruling himself out of the last game. That was stupid.

Oh well, we'll see more Kara action I guess...

Jimmy
22 May 05, 17:51
Frisko, the point with that was so that Stankovic wouldn't risk being suspended in the first game next season. Morally wrong of course, but still quite smart. Now he'll be suspended for a useless match instead.

Granit
22 May 05, 18:05
Well the team did good to steal the 3 points from Sampdoria...!
And it was cool to see Marino play his first game in Serie A :D

Frisko
22 May 05, 18:14
Frisko, the point with that was so that Stankovic wouldn't risk being suspended in the first game next season. Morally wrong of course, but still quite smart. Now he'll be suspended for a useless match instead.

You're shitting me right? Do you really think he did it for that? I can't believe it!

SB9Dragon
22 May 05, 18:19
I'd rather be suspended for some pointless game as well then miss the first game of next season. I wouldn't be surprised if he did get that yellow with that mindset.

Jimmy
22 May 05, 18:27
Of course he did it. It happens often.

Frisko
22 May 05, 18:29
Of course he did it. It happens often.

Wow, I had no idea about that. Quite cheeky, really :D

Miki
22 May 05, 18:31
J. Zanetti receives his 2nd yellow card all season!

Does anyone know if he's ever had a red card before?!
Yes, against Parma in a Coppa Italia match. Bergomi got sent off and Zanetti & Colonesse were also sent off a minute later for protesting to the referee. They were straight reds.

Anyways, i haven't had the time to watch the match yet, but i've seen the gol. All i can say is, Cruz did well in assisting Adriano for his gol. The latter took his strike very well and i hope this is the confidence booster he will need to sustain himself for the next season.

Beating Sampdoria away is a feat that is very impressive actually. Inter since the Christmas break is a completely different team. Apart from the fact that we still fail against Milan, this team has managed to become one that is mentally and physically strong to last 90 mins with one singular objective - a win.

Ciao,
Tim

Tommi
22 May 05, 18:40
Now i saw it again. Hard to tell who was fouling, really. It could´ve gone either way, gladly it went our way this time.

Anywayz, no comments from Mancini? Too emotional for him or is he protesting because of soemthing?

Frisko
22 May 05, 18:48
Now i saw it again. Hard to tell who was fouling, really. It could´ve gone either way, gladly it went our way this time.

Anywayz, no comments from Mancini? Too emotional for him or is he protesting because of soemthing?

Apparently Mrs Mantovani, daughter of former Samp president, gave an interview to a local newspaper, and said that she was a Mancini fan, but that he let her down as a human being.

Mancio didn't like it, that's why he didn't go to the press room today.

Jimmy
22 May 05, 18:51
Yeah, and Sampdoria fans are insulting our club and Mancini for winning this game. Apparently we are villains now for winning a match that was pointless for us and being sportsmen. :D

Not everyone are like Lazio and Roma from last week. Former player Kennet Andersson was also in the studio today and admitted that there have been several times that opponents have talked to him, and wanted to corrupt the match. Only in Italy though.

Inter didn't follow the "rules" and tried to win, and hence we and Mancini are jerks.

Jake
22 May 05, 18:59
So? It´s a change of rules all of the sudden? :D

No, it's not a change of rules, it was not a foul in the first place. Capitano had a clean touch to the ball first.

Tommi
22 May 05, 19:06
First of all, i hate you for confronting me!

No, it's not a change of rules, it was not a foul in the first place. Capitano had a clean touch to the ball first.
I didn´t think it was a foul either, but...the referee gave them a freekick because of that. So, he should have give a penalty because it happened in penalty area, no?

Jake
22 May 05, 19:09
Yes, it happened in the penalty area and it should've been a penalty instead of a freekick. But since it wasn't a foul, a freekick was better than a penalty.

Tommi
22 May 05, 19:14
Still, the referee made an error, twice. :P

Miki
22 May 05, 19:16
I am going to have to watch the match for myself since the both of you can't seen to agree to disagree. Minute of incident please? ;)

Ciao,
Tim

Jake
22 May 05, 19:19
I am going to have to watch the match for myself since the both of you can't seen to agree to disagree. Minute of incident please? ;)

Ciao,
Tim

Actually I agree with Tommi on this. :P

It was probably 77th minute...

Frisko
22 May 05, 19:31
Yeah, and Sampdoria fans are insulting our club and Mancini for winning this game. Apparently we are villains now for winning a match that was pointless for us and being sportsmen. :D

Not all of them, though.

http://www.inter.it/media/jpg/Part-3521-69949.jpg

Frisko
22 May 05, 19:31
Still, the referee made an error, twice. :P

Indeed.

Pani
22 May 05, 20:46
No presents from us this year.Juve,Brescia,Samp learned that. :D

The Count of Anti-Milan
22 May 05, 20:46

And that guy ToniSamp actually praises Milan for giving games away! :dielaugh: You couldn't make it up!

minterke
22 May 05, 22:34
After the first 15 minutes of watching this match, I thought we were gonna be crushed.

Also, I wouldnt say that we were lucky, but I would say that Sampdoria were unlucky!

Adriano scored a nice goal with an excellent finished and, if I recall correctly, was on the brink of getting #2 but the referee penalised him for a foul he didnt commit.

Adriano maybe didn't play half as good as the real Adriano, but our midfielders were barely feeding the strikers with good passes/crosses. Our creativity today was extremely poor. Also, Cruz played like f**kin sh*t.

Cordoba, Cambiasso, Capitano, and Martello were our saviors today. Thank you guys.

Alex de Large
22 May 05, 22:47

Not all of them, though.

http://www.inter.it/media/jpg/Part-3521-69949.jpg

yeah but that was before da match, if samp want CL spot they have to work and win all the games..

snake
23 May 05, 00:37
Frisko, the point with that was so that Stankovic wouldn't risk being suspended in the first game next season. Morally wrong of course, but still quite smart. Now he'll be suspended for a useless match instead.yes very smart.

this match coming is practically a friendly match now, we can use anybody.

minterke
23 May 05, 00:55
as long as Capitano is there so he can get a goal :proud:

scutzon
23 May 05, 03:30
A victory for Inter, thanks to a nice goal by Adriano. I was hoping to see more, but it didn't happen. I presume Cambiasso played very well yesterday, since he was named MoM. Hope he will play like he does next season.

cool_cuchu
23 May 05, 03:51
we win, and nice stat from Frisko....
we need to point that Mancio has improved a lot....

Choppin Onions
23 May 05, 04:40
Pretty awful performance from Inter, but I'll forgive them seeing there was absolutely nothing to play for. Samp deserved the 3pts in this one but football is funny like that.

However, let us never see the dreaded pairing of CZ and Cambiasso ever playing together again. Il Martello was dreadful, his passing in particular and Cambiasso had an average (for him) game. Our defense was shaky too, even JZ and Cordoba had below-par games.

I begun to wonder half-way through the match if Mancini told them to take their foot off the pedal for this one because the whole team seemed rather lazy throughout the game. Amusing stuff from Stankovic at the end with the blatant hand ball. :D

They're were some good points. Cruz and Adriano played well in the limited time they were on the attack. Come to think of it, If I had to pick striker pairs it'd be Cruz and Adriano as one and Vieri and Martins as the other. I think Imperatore and Obagol are still too young to link up well. They need an experienced partner to help them play their best.

Another good point is that we won even though we weren't the better team on the day. Granted, Samp were incredibly unlucky but the fact that we won a meaningless game, whereas the opposite team had to win, shows something that I hope we can build on for next year.

Also great to see Marino in action. Hopefully Mancio starts him next week to see what he has to offer, instead of immediately loaning him out and never hearing from him again.

primo-inter
23 May 05, 05:05
I didn't see the game, but it's funny how you say Cuchu had an average game since he was named man of the match.

I also disagree with one thing you said, Milanhater, the central pairing of C.Z and Cambiasso is definitely good. It's very hard for teams to break Inter down when these two defensive players are in the centre of midfield. It's also the midfield we used when we won away to Juve, which is maybe why I speak highly of it.

I also hope Marino starts next weekend. Reggina is not a tough opponent and if I'm not wrong they have nothing to play for? they're safe from relegation (just...).

snake
23 May 05, 08:10
However, let us never see the dreaded pairing of CZ and Cambiasso ever playing together again. thats just sad to see inter fans say such things :rolleyes:

how many teams came to sampa and ended with a victory? deserving it or not?

without the 2 middle pair for games like this, milan and Juve away we would of struggled big time. football isnt always pretty.

catanha
23 May 05, 10:27
One moment:

ADRI-FARKING-ANO!!

Legenda!!

Tommi
23 May 05, 11:08
Legenda? :)

Just because you said this...

Capitano had a clean touch to the ball first.
...and this...

Actually I agree with Tommi on this. :P
I have to say that i dont actually agree with you anymore. :P

I watched Domenica sportiva´s replays [from different angles] about this and i dont think Javier touched the ball first. At first i did, but not after seeing it over and over again. Doesn´t matter anymore though. After reading Tonisamp´s comment´s, i´m so glad we won. Here´s one picture which isn´t the best angle though [pic taken from inter.it] ->

http://www.inter.it/media/jpg/Part-3521-69951.jpg

Pulsar also made one great observation. He noticed that under the picture is a text which says -> "Zanetti fouls Gasbarroni on the right edge of the Inter area. Free kick". "On the right edge..." :D Quite hilarious context under so obvious picture dont you think? Talking about biased website!

primo-inter
23 May 05, 11:23
that is so true, Tommi, about the 'biased website'. :lol: the "right side" of the penatly box, wtf... haha

anyway J.Z had the intent to get the ball and it looked a clean challenge, but then the Samp. player moved the ball and J.Z had already committed himself so it was a foul, I guess. Isn't this an in direct free kick inside the box though? :confused:

minterke
23 May 05, 12:45
MilanHater does have a point.

Cambiasso didn't have such a terrific game. In the 1st half he was giving away the ball too much and was making many incomplete passes. Even if he was MoM, it doesn't mean much considering the team's overall performance was well below par. ;)

Handoyo
23 May 05, 15:09
I didn't watch the game as I was 'fighting' with my new computer of mine (Refused to load Windows). Not that I was forsaking Inter but I brought over a friend to fix my computer and I just leave him alone, for courtesy's sake. ;) I did get to see the goal though. :)

As far as I am concern, we have been perhaps the most unfortunate side this season, especially in the first half of the season. So when Lady Luck finally smiled at us and not Milan, why should we complain? We sure as hell deserved it! Hopefully, Lady Luck will continue to abandon Milan until the end of Wednesday's match. ;)

Hand;)yo

snake
23 May 05, 15:10
we missed Veron in the playmaking department. its just so evident at times.

Choppin Onions
23 May 05, 20:12
However, let us never see the dreaded pairing of CZ and Cambiasso ever playing together again. thats just sad to see inter fans say such things :rolleyes:

how many teams came to sampa and ended with a victory? deserving it or not?

without the 2 middle pair for games like this, milan and Juve away we would of struggled big time. football isnt always pretty.

It's even more sad to see fellow Interisti who actually want to see CZ and Cuchu in midfield. Do you want to win games or do want Inter to just remain competitive for the rest of our short-lived lives? :confused:

Everyone who watched the match can't deny there was very little creativity in the middle for us. That's what you'll get when you play the 2 DM's together, sure they provide better defense but where is the spark gonna come from?

M.Adnan
23 May 05, 22:38
it's a shame that we are winning after we lost our hope to get the league ..

but I guess this match is still important .. not on the table , but inside Angelo Moratti training centre ..

I hope we can get all the players ready for the Coppa Italia final .. cuz the first leg is much important that the second .. we have to get at least a positive draw ..

good match Cambiasso ..

snake
24 May 05, 01:44
man u need to understand, against teams like juve, milan and sampa etc...

its vital we play with 2 dm's.

The proof? look at the results mate. Away win agaisnt juve and win the other day. the poitn is luckily mancini knows what his doing and he uses it against the big teams.

Frisko
24 May 05, 18:33
man u need to understand, against teams like juve, milan and sampa etc...

its vital we play with 2 dm's.

The proof? look at the results mate. Away win agaisnt juve and win the other day. the poitn is luckily mancini knows what his doing and he uses it against the big teams.

It's no use helal, I don't know how people can be so blind about this issue, it's just beyond me :scared:

Ari
24 May 05, 19:26
I believe that reason we played well with 2 DM's is that we used them consistently. If we play in Serie A with 1 DM against every others than Juve and Milan, we're screwed when we change our tactics against them for like 4 matches in a season.

Neither Juve nor Milan change tactics against bigger teams. We shouldn't either. Milan nearly played the whole season with same formation. It's BS to say that we have to change our tactic from 4-4-2 to 4-2-2 against big teams.

Hammoudi
25 May 05, 05:23
It's no use helal, I don't know how people can be so blind about this issue, it's just beyond me :scared:

Of all members, you Frisko shouldn't say that. You are for entertainment, and you know that when we play 2 DM's, we suck but win. See the game against Juve for example, it was a text-book Cuper-style catenaccio win.

I want the 2 DM's in certain situations, but no way in all away games or those against Milan or Juve. It's like showing signs of weakness and unconfidnece in your abilities if you play like that. We should take our game to our opponents, and resort to having 2 DM's in exceptional circumstances like I said.

snake
25 May 05, 07:46
Of all members, you Frisko shouldn't say that. You are for entertainment, and you know that when we play 2 DM's, we suck but win. See the game against Juve for example, it was a text-book Cuper-style catenaccio win. lol @ we suck but win.

whats the freaking point of the game in the end? last time i checked it was to win!!!

and ari, milan and juve dont change. your right! you know why, cause in every game there playin with 2 DM's!

milan most times use 3, with only kaka doin most the attacking.

Ari
25 May 05, 09:26
LOL. You're saying Seedorf and Pirlo are DM's!!?

Whatever. Emerson's role in Juve is much more than defensive. He's key figure for them also in offence. Cuchu and Cristiano can offer quite little in offense for us.

intermilansg
25 May 05, 09:39
We had nothing to play for except pride and Samp had all every intention of going for that 4th spot but still we managed to get a win and a cleansheet :star: .THis is one of the worst performance from an attacking point of view but still a win is a win. We can only thank Sampdoria for their poor play up front, perhaps they were too nervous.

snake
25 May 05, 10:44
LOL. You're saying Seedorf and Pirlo are DM's!!?

Whatever. Emerson's role in Juve is much more than defensive. He's key figure for them also in offence. Cuchu and Cristiano can offer quite little in offense for us.obviously u havent seen them play much.

cause there hella defensive.

Frisko
25 May 05, 16:55

Of all members, you Frisko shouldn't say that. You are for entertainment, and you know that when we play 2 DM's, we suck but win. See the game against Juve for example, it was a text-book Cuper-style catenaccio win.

I want the 2 DM's in certain situations, but no way in all away games or those against Milan or Juve. It's like showing signs of weakness and unconfidnece in your abilities if you play like that. We should take our game to our opponents, and resort to having 2 DM's in exceptional circumstances like I said.

We didn't play well against Juve, but you can't use only that game to judge the midfield. We played many brilliant games with Cuchu and Martello in the middle, the derbys for example.

Hammoudi
25 May 05, 17:37
The derbies again. I will say this again, we may have won the midfield battle, but we lost and didn't score a goal. Also, let's not forget that Kaka had a horrendous season this year, so dominating Milan's midfield is not as daunting as it used to be.