PDA

View Full Version : Reinventing Inter

the Prophet
09 Apr 04, 21:28
this club is so big, how come they haven't had success for so long? I think: stick to your team and be patient. That's the thing Inter has forgotten the last decade...

SB9Dragon
09 Apr 04, 21:31
I sorta agree. We need consistency in the coach and player positions. But even still we need a few slight changes come offseason, in and out.

the Prophet
09 Apr 04, 21:38
take Cruz, what did he do wrong to be suddenly out of the hole squad; his story seems to be symptomatic for the unrest at Inter...

the Prophet
09 Apr 04, 21:40
... and van der Meyde told in Dutch newspaper there are far too many people in dressingroom to have a normal prpepration for a game, or is that simply Italian folklore????? :dielaugh:

scutzon
10 Apr 04, 03:07
i agree too... just look at Arsenal... They have so few transfers in and out, that the team have naturally gel together and really play as a whole... they know what each other is thinking. just look at Ashlet Cole, Pires and Henry going up and downt he left flank... it's just amazing...

cool_cuchu
10 Apr 04, 12:57
agree ! even moratti and fachetti said 'there will be no revolution!"

Stefan
10 Apr 04, 19:04
What 1st need to decide is whether we think ZAC can make us win. There is no point in keeping somebody who you don't think can do that. We should keep mostly the same players only sell a few, bring a few youngsters through, buy a cd and a true playmaker. And get a truely great coach aka capello or the guy from depor.

the Prophet
11 Apr 04, 08:44
I don't know Zac to well, but he seems to be the 'classic' Italian coach that takes results week by week, instead of building up a team... another question is: are Inter-supporters ready to be a little patient? because of the lack of success, the haste of winning somthing important seems to mount all the time... bTW: I like clubs who are schiziorenic, like Inter.
Forza Ragazzi!!!

Interforeva
11 Apr 04, 11:52
I would love it if we could have a stable team which does not change much for a few years and hopefully acheive success from there. I'm just not sure I want Zac as the manager. At first I thought give him time, but some of his decisions have worried me and I dunno if he is the right guy for the job. I guess it would make sense to at least give him next season to see what he can do.

Jesse
23 Apr 04, 02:25
As for reinventing Inter, I would rather see a semi-successful side play good, quality attacking football then a team that got second place every season for being the defensive 1-0 nightmare. Chances are, if Cuper were still here, there would be people, even on this board, that would criticize him for his defensive strategies. Drawing nil-nil against low level clubs in the beginning of the season sunk Cuper's ship, for all he really had was the 3-0 thrashing of Arsenal (Which was though, very impressive). Any day of the week, I would rather concede more and score more, for it just makes a game interesting. Sure we let a few too many in the second leg vs. Benfica, but I'd rather see a seven-goal thriller than a 1-0 matchup in which we poked one home and then flooded the back. I wish us the best in our upcoming trials and tribulations and I know that with the right module and the right mindset, we shall overcome... :proud:

Handoyo
23 Apr 04, 03:10
Sorry but I'll take a 1-0 boring win over a 4-4 thriller draw anyday, anytime, anywhere. I don't care if the critics said that, "Inter is boring. Inter is lucky. Inter makes me wanna slip." Well, they can jolly well kiss my a$$. A victory is all that matters when it comes to Inter.

Hand;)yo

Stefan
23 Apr 04, 07:36
Winning comes 1st it is all that matters.

Fabio
23 Apr 04, 15:51
Results first and entertainment second Im afraid! ;)

Pravesh
23 Apr 04, 16:24
Sorry but I'll take a 1-0 boring win over a 4-4 thriller draw anyday, anytime, anywhere. I don't care if the critics said that, "Inter is boring. Inter is lucky. Inter makes me wanna slip." Well, they can jolly well kiss my a$$. A victory is all that matters when it comes to Inter.

Hand;)yo

Same here.... ;)

Only the result counts in sports...

:stuckup: :star:

SB9Dragon
23 Apr 04, 17:31
Winning is the main thing. Playing well is just a bonus :P

Jake
23 Apr 04, 19:47
The only thing we haven't tried is continuity and that IMO is the key to success. Unfortunately Moratti has never had any sense about patience and continuity and that's why we've failed.

Jesse
24 Apr 04, 01:27
Of course winning is the most important thing in the championship or any other type of competition. I would just like to see the wins be ones with a good amount of goals scored and not much stalemating. Yes, I understand that you can't have a good victory every time and that even you can't win every time, so that is why I am happy when unexpectedly, Inter scores many goals.

Fabio
24 Apr 04, 10:05
Of course winning is the most important thing in the championship or any other type of competition. I would just like to see the wins be ones with a good amount of goals scored and not much stalemating. Yes, I understand that you can't have a good victory every time and that even you can't win every time, so that is why I am happy when unexpectedly, Inter scores many goals.

I agree with you and I am sure that everybody else does! ;)

Handoyo
24 Apr 04, 13:45
Not those faint-hearted ones with heart problems. ;)

Seriously, I don't give a f*ck if it's a stalemate of a thrilling win. But I don't want every Inter win to be a thriller because I wanna live longer in this world.

Hand;)yo

Avfc
27 Apr 04, 21:48
From what I have experienced with my own first club; Villa, Inter should without a doubt change the coach. The performance of the team against Lazio was so dull. There was little flair or invention, no fast breaks, no clever through balls, no good crosses. Inter have good players but are playing a bad system thanks to the coaches.
Keep the players - change the coach

Jesse
30 Apr 04, 02:01
Maybe not a changed coach, but definatley changed tactics. :D

Ziyad
30 Apr 04, 05:34
Continuity of the coach is more important...Lets stay with one guy and same bunch of players with minor changes...Get the players to gel and feel apart of the team

Pravesh
30 Apr 04, 06:21
Continuity of the coach is more important...Lets stay with one guy and same bunch of players with minor changes...Get the players to gel and feel apart of the team

but ..... I guess that ... that one guy should not be zach, but someone else...

mancini ? porto's coach ? capello ? but not zach !

:) :D

Ziyad
30 Apr 04, 06:27
Whoever the coach is we need continuity but if the alternatives are inferior coaches then i would rather stick with this one. :D It would be interesting to see what he can do over a whole summer and season.

Interforeva
30 Apr 04, 14:31
Continuity - yes :)
Continuity with Zac - no way! :yuck:

Handoyo
30 Apr 04, 15:41
Continuity - yes :)
Continuity with Zac - no way! :yuck:
Man, I've spent hours writing on this topic but I think you sum it all best in a very nice and short way. :D:star:

Hand;)yo

Dino
04 May 04, 11:07
It really doesn't make any sense why this Inter can not win the scudetto. We have great players, an owner that keeps putting money to the team, great fan base...it's unbelievable why not winning everything. As other members pointed out continuity is the key. Mr. Moratti and Mr. Facchetti have to sit down and decide if they want to keep Mr. Zaccheroni or not. Whatever the decision they have to allow whoever will be the coach to make his plans for the team and pick the players the coach feels they can produce immediate winning results. I believe we have good players and it will be a mistake if we just acquire another 10 or so new players. The ownership together with the coaching staff have to buy a couple of great acquisitions and after that let the coach proceeds with his plans. I repeat, it's a crime for this team not to chasing the scudetto but just a CL spot. I don't know many teams in the worls with the quality of players we possess.

Handoyo
04 May 04, 13:55
Yeah, it'll be a dream come true for me if in the summer we don't buy any player, except for a defender perhaps in the form of Kompany or Mexes. Our squad is pretty much complete. We just need 2 things: 1) A better coach & 2) Continuity. ;)

Hand;)yo

Sisenando
04 May 04, 17:00
Yeah, it'll be a dream come true for me if in the summer we don't buy any player, except for a defender perhaps in the form of Kompany or Mexes. Our squad is pretty much complete. We just need 2 things: 1) A better coach & 2) Continuity. ;)

Hand;)yo

Just one more thing.... u forgot 3) We need to be HELVEGless

SB9Dragon
04 May 04, 23:36
Personally after I've done some thinking during the time that Zac's been coach I'm starting to feel as if we will never win anything with Zac just like Cuper.

If there is a chance that Capello could become Inter's coach then the Moratti/Facchetti should jump at it. This guy uses a strong formation, the 4-4-2 with a box formation. No more weak 3-5-2! This guy also has tons of experience, has won multiple times, has done well in multiple competitions, and is the sort of coach who is tough in character but a skilled tactician. With him at Inter helm I'm sure we could finally break our curse.

Giorgio
29 May 04, 18:12
Personally after I've done some thinking during the time that Zac's been coach I'm starting to feel as if we will never win anything with Zac just like Cuper.

If there is a chance that Capello could become Inter's coach then the Moratti/Facchetti should jump at it. This guy uses a strong formation, the 4-4-2 with a box formation. No more weak 3-5-2! This guy also has tons of experience, has won multiple times, has done well in multiple competitions, and is the sort of coach who is tough in character but a skilled tactician. With him at Inter helm I'm sure we could finally break our curse.

Well the chances of us getting Capello now are over aren't they? :mad:

SB9Dragon
29 May 04, 20:02
Yeah they are, but it was over ever since Zac was announced to be staying no matter what at seasons end by both Facchetti and Moratti...

js
30 May 04, 08:49
I see al l of you guys thrashing Zac, and no one noticing his good parts.
I mean, we did beat Juve 2 times out of 4 (and we all know what happened the other 2 times), and overall we played good derbies and good matches. I think Zac is a good coach for the Serie A, but he lacks experience at the european level. I`m quite confident that with a smart transfer policy we can aim at the title next season

Handoyo
30 May 04, 09:02
I mean, we did beat Juve 2 times out of 4 (and we all know what happened the other 2 times), and overall we played good derbies and good matches. I think Zac is a good coach for the Serie A, but he lacks experience at the european level. I`m quite confident that with a smart transfer policy we can aim at the title next season
First of all, welcome. ;) But I disagree with this post.

1) Out of the 6 matches we played against the top 3, we won 2, lost 3 and drew once. Which means, a measly 7 points out of a possible 18.

2) Played good derbies??? EXCUSE ME!?!?!? :wth:

Hand;)yo

js
30 May 04, 09:19
Let`s analyse a little:
1. We beat Juve twice, and by playing far better then they did (I mean, when was the last time that happened??)
2. We lost to Milan 3-2 after a great match in which we were 2 up at half time (stupid stupid stupid.....)
3. We lost to Lazio 2-1 and this was one of the worst games I have seen
4. We drew to Lazio after a good game
5. We lost and drew with Roma - poor performances indeed

It doesn`t look good, but hey Zac took over in the middle of the season, what did u expect???? And do you remember the derbyes the team used to play when Cuper was coach?? I could have bet on us losing every time.
I say we give Zac a full year to show his worth, and by this I mean back him up all the way until the last game, and only after that start drawing conclusions.
I don`t think bringing an outside coach now would do any good, because he wouldn`t be familiar enough with italian football.

js
30 May 04, 09:21
oh, and thanks for the welcome, it took me quite a while to find this forum again.
It`s good to be back :)

I4E
29 Jan 13, 10:03
I sorta agree. We need consistency in the coach and player positions. But even still we need a few slight changes come offseason, in and out.

Hand;)yo

Winning comes 1st it is all that matters.

Results first and entertainment second Im afraid! ;)

Same here.... ;)

Only the result counts in sports...

:stuckup: :star:

Bump... Merge with 'perennial problem at Inter' :awyeah:

P.S. Look how young and cute Hand:)yo was....

Devious
29 Jan 13, 10:52
Look how bored you :)re