PDA

View Full Version : Group D

Dylan
13 Dec 15, 20:21
Group D (http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/season=2016/standings/round=2000448/group=2002444/index.html)

http://img.uefa.com/imgml/flags/18x18/cro.png Croatia
http://img.uefa.com/imgml/flags/18x18/cze.png Czech Republic
http://img.uefa.com/imgml/flags/18x18/esp.png Spain
http://img.uefa.com/imgml/flags/18x18/tur.png Turkey

Match schedule in Group D link.

Besnik
18 Dec 15, 22:15
Toughest group of the tournament. You cannot write off a team like Spain, but I would love to see Turkey and Croatia qualify to the next round. On another note, Czech Republic is playing very good football and they had great games during qualification games. Should be difficult to predict who's going to qualify.

Croatia will make it though :)

ADRossi
16 May 16, 18:14
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CikpsWSWwAAzAw3.jpg

Croatia prelim squad. Best midfield in the Europe possibly?

TheNetworkZ
16 May 16, 18:45
I always forget how good of a squad they have, damn.

Y&h
17 May 16, 15:36
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CiqDP9MWUAAewSu.jpg:large

:pokerface:

Ronin
17 May 16, 16:54
Why was Torres not called?

J..
17 May 16, 18:02
Aduriz has been incredible for his team and will be valuable with his physique and great heading skills. He really deserved to get picked this time.

I'm surprised that Paco Alcacer didn't get the chance as he has impressed me in Valencia when taking into consideration the situation they have been in this season and as he has done well for the national team.

The names of some of the absent Spanish strikers:

Torres
Paco Alcacer
Diego Costa
Llorente
Negredo
Soldado
Rodrigo
Iago Aspas
Lucas Perez
Joselu
Munir El Haddadi

Many great names.

Bob Sacamano
12 Jun 16, 00:37
Brozovic and Perisic will most likely both start versus Turkey this afternoon.

Bob Sacamano
12 Jun 16, 13:15
Volkan Babacan -----Danijel Subasic
Hakan Kadir ----- Balta Darijo Srna
Gokhan Gonul ----- Domagoj Vida
Caner Erkin ----- Ivan Strinic
Mehmet Topal ----- Vedran Corluka
Ozan Tufan ----- Ivan Perisic
Selcuk Inan ----- Ivan Rakitic
Oguzhan Ozyakup ----- Marcelo Brozovic
Cenk Tosun ----- Milan Badelj
Arda Turan ------Luka Modric
Hakan Calhanoglu ----- Mario Mandzukic

NAPRIJED HRVATSKA!

thatdude
12 Jun 16, 13:52
I was hoping to see Vrsaljko, thought he might play at LB. Srna is just too important a figure to bench for Croatia.

YoramG
12 Jun 16, 14:19
Croatia taking a leaf out Mancini's book and playing Brozovic on the wing.

Universe
12 Jun 16, 14:25
What's up with perisic. He's been slow to every ball and his first touch has been shite. Good cross just then though. Completely forgot our new boy Caner is playing too.

Doffy
12 Jun 16, 14:33
looking forward to the introduction of boy wonder :oblivious:

JJM
12 Jun 16, 14:44
Modric what a goal eh

Universe
12 Jun 16, 14:44
Good goal from modric but rubbish keeping too.

Dylan
12 Jun 16, 14:46
This Erkin guy seems underwhelming.

JJM
12 Jun 16, 15:19
Mandzukic overrated

If we sell Brozo we deserve shit thrown in our face

YoramG
12 Jun 16, 15:25
Perisic's crosses have been fantastic this game.

Universe
12 Jun 16, 15:26
Mandzukic is a turd. And Brozovic should swap places with Rakitic. Rakitic hasn't done a fucking thing today.

thatdude
12 Jun 16, 15:27
Both Perisic and Brozovic have looked good today.

Erkin has looked decent, however as Croatia continues to pour on the pressure he doesn't look as strong.

JJM
12 Jun 16, 15:30
Lawl
Dem woodworks

Universe
12 Jun 16, 15:36
Perisic should have scored that header. Sitter by his standards.

JJM
12 Jun 16, 15:37
Dammit wtf just doesn't want to get in

Universe
12 Jun 16, 15:39
This Erkin guy seems underwhelming.

Hard to tell from my... 3rd time watching him. But ya, he's been defensively shitastic today.

JJM
12 Jun 16, 15:41
Dammit Perisic

RichDAS
12 Jun 16, 15:42
Watching Brozovic and Perisic miss all those scoring chances really reminds me of Inter's recent season.

Universe
12 Jun 16, 15:42
Perisic missing another sitter, Erkin getting trashed again.

ADRossi
12 Jun 16, 16:04
Erkin looked like a revolving door today

ADRossi
12 Jun 16, 17:16
I've never seen Northern Ireland play until today, and now I know why.

Dylan
12 Jun 16, 17:19
Think I've watched them once before.

JJM
12 Jun 16, 17:23
I've watched them a couple of times against my country,and they were better/smarter than my shitty NT
:okay:

thatdude
13 Jun 16, 02:36
Dario Srna has returned to Croatia following the death of his father today.

The Shakhtar Donetsk defender was informed of the news moments after Croatia beat Turkey, and will attend the funeral on Monday

Croatia captain Darijo Srna is to leave his country's Euro 2016 campaign following the death of his father, Uzeir, on Sunday, the Croatian Football Federation have announced.

The Shakhtar Donetsk defender was told his father had passed away shortly after playing in his country's 1-0 win over Group D rivals Turkey at the Parc des Princes.

While the rest of the squad left Paris ahead of Friday's fixture against the Czech Republic in Saint-Etienne, skipper Srna remained in the French capital.

He will travel back to Metkovic in Croatia on Monday to attend the funeral. It is unclear whether he will return in time for the fixture against the Czechs.

ADRossi
13 Jun 16, 15:46
Really glad they expanded the field so I could watch the Czech do absolutely nothing for 90 minutes.

Jerry
13 Jun 16, 15:51
Iniesta is good

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4/m87d.mp4

KevinB
13 Jun 16, 16:10
It is so remarkable that Holland got fucked by these guys :lol:, Turkey yesterday wasn't that much and now Czech wasn't good at all. Makes me wonder how bad Holland had to be then

Anyway, no offense

Bob Sacamano
13 Jun 16, 17:07
It is so remarkable that Holland got fucked by these guys :lol:, Turkey yesterday wasn't that much and now Czech wasn't good at all. Makes me wonder how bad Holland had to be then

Anyway, no offense

Fuck you and read this: http://www.volkskrant.nl/vonk/altijd-maar-die-afgunst~a4318940/

;)

Wings
13 Jun 16, 21:46
Really glad they expanded the field so I could watch the Czech do absolutely nothing for 90 minutes.

Tbf as group winners Czech Republic would have qualified anyway. But I agree that this trend toward expanding international tournaments is not good.

Javier'sSon
13 Jun 16, 22:05
Of course expanding the Euros will inevitably lower the quality of play but Wings you talk as if international tournaments are filled with football that drains the semen out of you with how much you fap over it. Bruh, it's been utter shite for like 20 years now, except, sometimes, for the latter stages of the tournament where big teams playing each other and that will remain the same even with the expansion.

Dylan
13 Jun 16, 23:54
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH1kmfQrbCY

Wings
14 Jun 16, 01:14
How does

I agree that this trend toward expanding international tournaments is not good.

translate to

you talk as if international tournaments are filled with football that drains the semen out of you with how much you fap over it.

???

Harpsabu
14 Jun 16, 15:26
I love that its expanded. The excitement in Ireland here with ireland, Northern Ireland and Wales being in the tournament is amazing and something that might never have happened before nearly? Im very glad that its expanded

Dylan
14 Jun 16, 16:19
Look at the quality of the teams throughout the group stages in 2012 and now in 2016. The quality is diluted. The teams have their chance to qualify for it through the qualifying phase. If the benefit is more smaller teams then surely you'd have no complaints with expanding it to 32 or to 40?

Javier'sSon
14 Jun 16, 21:24
How does

translate to

???

For a member who tends to post smart stuff you sometimes respond with dumb shit.

_OC_
14 Jun 16, 21:32
For a member who tends to post smart stuff you sometimes respond with dumb shit.

No really, that was beyond incomprehensible.

I don't know if you're making some sort of joke, but if you're not, the gist of your argument is basically "national team football hasn't been very good for a while, let's make it even worse"? Because that is exactly what has happened with this expansion.

I know some would argue, that you're reaching a broader audience by expanding, but I don't know if I've ever heard of the latter beating the former in the "quality v. quantity"-discussion. This tournament is a case in point.

Wings
14 Jun 16, 23:40

Maybe you should look at your own writing before calling me out. Tell me where I said that I think the current state of international tournaments is good, let alone mindblowingly orgasmic (or whatever nonsense you posted).

Fapuccino
15 Jun 16, 01:16
45% of teams qualify instead of 30%. Not exact a tectonic shift. International tournaments are becoming more and more irrelevant like other sports, regardless of the number of teams. Arguing about number of teams is just rearranging chairs on the Titanic.

Javier'sSon
15 Jun 16, 16:58
Maybe you should look at your own writing before calling me out. Tell me where I said that I think the current state of international tournaments is good, let alone mindblowingly orgasmic (or whatever nonsense you posted).

Agreeing to the negative impact of expanding the tournament could only logically mean that you're annoyed by the affect it has on the quality of football on show. I responded by giving my opinion on how international tournaments have been quite dire for sometime now. So, dickhead, I'm not sure why you replied to me by saying "How this translates to that" bullocks.

Wings
15 Jun 16, 20:36
Agreeing to the negative impact of expanding the tournament could only logically mean that you're annoyed by the affect it has on the quality of football on show. I responded by giving my opinion on how international tournaments have been quite dire for sometime now. So, dickhead, I'm not sure why you replied to me by saying "How this translates to that" bullocks.

Yes. You are correct. I do think it has a negative effect on international football. But~ I never said whether I think the current situation is good or not. As a matter of fact I don't think it's very good right now, but I think tournament expansions would make it worse. So I was confused when you said:

Wings you talk as if international tournaments are filled with football that drains the semen out of you with how much you fap over it.

I don't know how anyone could read this as anything other than you saying 'Wings you think international football is really good right now,' which is definitely not what I was saying. So no, you were not just giving your opinion, you were also saying that I said something that I did not, then tried to cover it up with even more stupidity. Are you really that incapable of understanding what your own words mean? Or are you just being an asshat to cover up your initial asinine post?

Javier'sSon
15 Jun 16, 20:55
Lol, I think you're clutching at straws now. Cunt.

Dylan
15 Jun 16, 21:03
Keep it civil, ladies.

_OC_
15 Jun 16, 22:46
Lol, I think you're clutching at straws now. Cunt.

What the actual fuck.

ScottishInterista
15 Jun 16, 23:44
Glad the civility was kept

Wings
16 Jun 16, 00:51
:lol: In my short time at FIF I've had some dumb arguments but never had one with someone who couldn't understand the words coming out of his own mouth, either willingly or out of ignorance. You haven't even tried to defend or explain the original statement, just thrown insult after insult. I'm done.

Ronin
17 Jun 16, 17:22
Brozovic playing great so far.

Howl
17 Jun 16, 17:28
Brozovic :proud:

Ronin
17 Jun 16, 17:37
PERISIC!!!

Shark
17 Jun 16, 17:38
PEEERRIIISIICC!!!

Howl
17 Jun 16, 17:38
Perisic and Brozovic switch flanks and Perisic scores a sick goal!

Inter 1-0 Czech Republic

junkie
17 Jun 16, 17:44
perisic scored from left and is playing on left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

junkie
17 Jun 16, 17:45
great goal anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JJM
17 Jun 16, 17:57
I can already picture ET calculating new price tags for Eder ans Perisic
Dat revenue increase for FFP regulations

Rename Inter to UEFA FFP parameter slaves

thoriq_r9
17 Jun 16, 18:01
1-0 (Eder), 1-0 (Perisic), 1-0 (Erkin) *hopefully.
Mancini faps tonight.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

JJM
17 Jun 16, 18:15
Brozo assist

Price: up up up!

Dylan
17 Jun 16, 18:16
Good day for Inter.

Ronin
17 Jun 16, 18:17
Brozo with an assist! 2-0.

JJM
17 Jun 16, 18:17
Kovacic on
Mandzukic such a tool

Fapuccino
17 Jun 16, 18:28
Does assisting against Czech Repub. really raise your price more than playing with Inter?

JJM
17 Jun 16, 18:31
Does assisting against Czech Repub. really raise your price more than playing with Inter?
Everybody watches this games,who watches Inter except us masochistic turds?!

JJM
17 Jun 16, 18:32
2-1 Skoda and not the car

Do the Cro fans want Croatia out of the EURO?!

rockieroads
17 Jun 16, 18:45
Croatian fans go out of there way to make themselves look retarded

JJM
17 Jun 16, 18:49
Penalty for the Czech...
2-2
Bravo Vida

Fapuccino
17 Jun 16, 18:50
Wow Croatia got robbed.

+1 added time and penalty given at 2:15

Wth 9 added minutes now?

Dylan
17 Jun 16, 18:52
Idiots.

JJM
17 Jun 16, 18:53
Cro fans bravo
Cro boss is an idiot...
He coached Maribor and failed epically now he is doing the same with Croatia

vasilios
17 Jun 16, 18:54
Wow Croatia got robbed.

+1 added time and penalty given at 2:15

Wth 9 added minutes now?

The match was stopped for several minutes when the fans threw flares on the pitch.

JJM
17 Jun 16, 18:56
Balkan mentality does it again...

Howl
17 Jun 16, 19:37
Fucking Croatia man. They played the first half amazingly. These guys can go far if they were consistant. Hope they do. Gutted that they drew

JJM
17 Jun 16, 19:41
Like I said the Balkan mentality
Getting a favourable result then switch to "eh this guys suck no need to push it forward any longer" and then boom get spanked hard
And then cry like a little bitch

kameru
17 Jun 16, 20:22
They get cocky after leading 2 goals up and replace Modric with Kovacic. I knew they were looking for trouble there :awwyeah:

Bergkamp
17 Jun 16, 20:38
I'm so angry for taking Nolito out of my fantasy team...and Bluenine is running away with it now :lol:

SiamoNoi
17 Jun 16, 20:44
I've already explained this situation with fans and Croatian NT.Causes.Causes,not consequences.Without cause no such unpleasant consequences.More about mafia in Cro football in my sig.And it's not even 1 percent of what is going on here.

https://www.sportcom.hr/slike/cache/4ee23776b6a4747a3ceb36510979d260_L.jpg?t=-62169984000
http://www.telegram.hr/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/PXL_120715_11143742.jpg
Thieves go away
http://data.glasistre.hr/sites/default/files/imagecache/normal/hajduk_dinamo50-220314.jpg.crop_display.jpg
HNS mafia
http://i.imgur.com/b6bwxxB.png

Ronin
17 Jun 16, 20:45
They get cocky after leading 2 goals up and replace Modric with Kovacic. I knew they were looking for trouble there :awwyeah:
Modric got injured, that's why he got subbed.

wera
18 Jun 16, 15:47
Morata is a beast

Wings
21 Jun 16, 19:55
Was looking at the table, and there's a decent chance that the Czechs and Croatia will face a penalty shootout. 1–0 wins for Spain and Czech Republic will result in equal head-to-head, GD, goals scored for Czech Republic and Croatia.

Dylan
21 Jun 16, 19:59
Does it not go down to Fair Play rankings after that?

Howl
21 Jun 16, 20:17
No Brozovic no party. But seriously though, why are him and Modric not starting?.. Brozovic has been one of the best players for Croatia

thatdude
21 Jun 16, 20:20
Croatia rotating like England without being guaranteed promotion.

No Mandzukic, Brozovic, Vida, Strinic or Kovacic.

I'm not sure if Modric is fit

Dylan
21 Jun 16, 20:24
I'd switch over to the Czech - Turkey game if I were you. Pretty exciting.

Howl
21 Jun 16, 20:47
Perisic with a nice assist to Kalinic, 1-1

Ronin
21 Jun 16, 20:49
Damn that was a sweet goal. Great cross by Perisic and even a better goal.

The Turkey match is much more exciting though.

ADRossi
21 Jun 16, 21:01
FFS, really don't want to face the loser of this ESP - Croatia game next round.

Bob Sacamano
21 Jun 16, 21:27
Perisic again in beast mode. Love him.

JJM
21 Jun 16, 21:27
Ffs stupid ref
Fucking over Croatia all the time
subasic!!!!
Ahaha Ramos
Dat not a PK
Before a sure PK for Cro not given

Pharaoh
21 Jun 16, 21:29
This game is everything that is fucking wrong with UEFA and football as a whole.

Croatia robbed of a penalty and then Spain is given the SOFTEST penalty I've ever seen.

Thank God it got saved. Spain can fuck off with these bullshit calls.

Howl
21 Jun 16, 21:30
Could have got some much needed fantasy points had Ramos scored his penalty, but nope :lol:

Wasn't a penalty in the first place tbh.

Bob Sacamano
21 Jun 16, 21:32
Our Dutch referee Kuipers failing twice there, wasn't a penalty and the goalie was too fast off his line.

Ronin
21 Jun 16, 21:37
Fucking Turkey. Come on Czechs, score just 1 goal!

Willie Miller
21 Jun 16, 21:37
Pjaca looks quite interesting. Certainly been lively

JJM
21 Jun 16, 21:44
Peroooo

Cómi
21 Jun 16, 21:44
HOLY SHIT PERISIC

Also I need to get back to work

Dylan
21 Jun 16, 21:45
That finish.

Pharaoh
Yo this tournament is the Perisic party.

Howl
Perisic motherfuckers!!! :datass:

And Croatia are missing like 4 of their starters too

Bob Sacamano
GRANDE IVAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JJM
Perisic>>>>>>>CR

Problem?! :troll:

Sokrates
21 Jun 16, 21:46
Perisic shows again how good he really is

Ronin
21 Jun 16, 21:49
Faken Perisic <3

pier
21 Jun 16, 21:49
What an impact by Kovacic

/s

Ronin
21 Jun 16, 21:54
Fucking Czech Republic. Couldn't at least lose by 1 fuckin goal. :(

Sokrates
21 Jun 16, 21:55
Italy Spain now :yao:

Howl
21 Jun 16, 21:56
Perisic one of the beat players in the tournament. Had a fucking amazing game today, against Spain of all teams

Armes
21 Jun 16, 21:59
Fucking Czech Republic. Couldn't at least lose by 1 fuckin goal. :(

Turkey pretty much leapfrogged us with that second goal. All that is left at this point is Portugal and Sweden loosing

Ronin
21 Jun 16, 22:01
Turkey pretty much leapfrogged us with that second goal. All that is left at this point is Portugal and Sweden loosing
Knowing our luck they'll both win. :'(

Jnr
21 Jun 16, 22:10
Italy-Spain. What a draw. It will be final worthy for sure. 5 current azzuri starters, Buffon, Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, DeRossi played 4 years ago.

Hell of a test for Conte. Spain is always a tricky team to face.

Well done Croatia. Always knew with a more experienced coach they would deserve some silverware coz the team is fantastic. Perisic is on beast mode in Euros.

Shark
21 Jun 16, 22:38
Perisic has always performed beastly for Croatia.

Also he was preparing to perform his signature Rube-choke-slam on Morata. Lucky for him the ref stopped Perisic.
Grande Perisic :proud:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_C-_HNebzg

IRR26
21 Jun 16, 22:41
Perisic has always performed beastly for Croatia.

Also he was preparing to perform his signature Rube-choke-slam on Morata. Lucky for him the ref stopped Perisic.
Grande Perisic :proud:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_C-_HNebzg

First Cuadrado and now Morata. :lol:

Fapuccino
21 Jun 16, 22:59
Are there any dominant teams at all this year? Even Spain and Germany are playing terribly. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a repeat of EURO 2004 again.

Harpsabu
21 Jun 16, 23:20
Are there any dominant teams at all this year? Even Spain and Germany are playing terribly. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a repeat of EURO 2004 again.

You say this as if its a bad thing. Thank god, an open euro tournament where any of 5 or 6 teams could win it

kameru
22 Jun 16, 00:05
Modric got injured, that's why he got subbed.

Now That's what I mean, Kovacic is a mere substitute. He still don't have The mentality at this level.

Doffy
22 Jun 16, 00:25
this euro is especially boring. kind of rooting for ze germans but also italia play decent football. a final of germany vs italy would be nice

Dylan
22 Jun 16, 00:35
The winner of Italy vs Spain player the winner of Germany vs whoever their opponent is so that's impossible.

Wings
22 Jun 16, 01:14
Does it not go down to Fair Play rankings after that?

According to wikipedia it's pens when there's only two teams.

_Ivan_
22 Jun 16, 18:08
Perisic motherfuckers!!! :datass:

And Croatia are missing like 4 of their starters too

Our B squad smashed them, even with the referee help for them. It's bad luck for Croatians, every fucking tournament refs fuck us, remember world cup nishimura fag vs brazil, now this on euro.
But as Interista I got used to it :(