PDA

View Full Version : Round of 16: Italy - Spain

Coasterfreek
23 Jun 16, 00:21
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f1/UEFA_Euro_2016_Logo.svg/220px-UEFA_Euro_2016_Logo.svg.png

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/410xf8qcicL._SX300_.jpg _ http://images.all-free-download.com/images/graphicthumb/spain_clip_art_14457.jpg

Stade de France, Saint-Denis
27/6/16
18:00 CEST

Italia's last 3 results
Belgium - Italy 0 - 2
Italy - Sweden 1 - 0
Italy - Ireland 0 - 1

Espaņa's last 3 results
Spain - Czech Republic 1 - 0
Spain - Turkey 3 - 0
Croatia - Spain 2 - 1

Howl
23 Jun 16, 00:38
Despite Spain not being as good as they have been in the past, I can still see them beating Italy 2-0 or 3-1. If Iniesta turns it on then shit is gonna go down. Should be a great game regardless

Inter2010
23 Jun 16, 12:06
Italy to beat Spagna... Spain to fall asleep 3-1

Caecuban
26 Jun 16, 13:32
Best match of Round of 16... Monday

ADRossi
26 Jun 16, 18:56
The more I think about this, the more I think Spain are going to win.

Give me Spain, 1-0.

thatdude
26 Jun 16, 19:43
No Candreva in this one, officially ruled out due to injury. Love him or hate him he's been an important part of Italy's game thus far.

ADRossi
26 Jun 16, 20:12
No Candreva in this one, officially ruled out due to injury. Love him or hate him he's been an important part of Italy's game thus far.

Florenzi on the RW, Darmian LW probably.

Coasterfreek
27 Jun 16, 12:07
ICYMI: Scalping prices
https://twitter.com/tancredipalmeri/status/747384337000169473

Harpsabu
27 Jun 16, 12:41
Ridiculous this game is on at 5. I'm still in work, gona miss half if not all of it

Inter2010
27 Jun 16, 15:53
Italy vs Spain 3-1

ADRossi
27 Jun 16, 16:03
Italy vs Spain 3-1

If we score 3 goals in a match this Euro, I'll go and thank 100 of your posts - it's not happening.

De Sciglio starting on the LW :yao:

Batman
27 Jun 16, 16:06
Want Italy to win obviously but Spain will be winning this one #antijinx

Ronin
27 Jun 16, 16:46
Was rushing to my room to catch the match only to realize I'm on a different timezone atm. :palm:

- - - Updated - - -

Was rushing to my room to catch the match only to realize I'm on a different timezone atm. :palm:

CoolMan44
27 Jun 16, 16:58
Streams?

bandiera
27 Jun 16, 17:06
http://www.vipbox.nu/football/336480/1/euros-2016:-italy-vs-spain-live-stream-online.html

Shaun
27 Jun 16, 17:30
Anyone got a solid stream that isn't too bandwidth heavy? It's almost 5am here and I'm losing patience

bandiera
27 Jun 16, 17:48
http://www.yalla-shoot.com/mobile/8881/italy-vs-spain.html

this one seems like a faster stream.

thatdude
27 Jun 16, 17:56
Great first half from Italy. Conte getting it right tactically as you would expect.

1-0, hope they can get a second early.

kameru
27 Jun 16, 18:00
Such a Venom strike by Eder :closeenough:

Jnr
27 Jun 16, 18:06
Great 1st half from Azzurri. Keep it up. I want Germany-Italy!

Howl
27 Jun 16, 18:14
De Gea vs Italy... Spains defense is absolutely horrible, and Eder should have scored that 1 on 1 there to make it 2-0

Pajo
Fuck man... Shame. Eders been a beast this game.

Bergpavian
God, Eder. Except his free kick worst Italian so far. :palm:

Pharaoh
27 Jun 16, 18:15
Eder :palm:

Pajo
27 Jun 16, 18:15
God, Eder. Worst Italian so far. :palm:

Are we watching the same game? He has been one of the best italian players today.

Pajo
27 Jun 16, 18:18
Omg... Cakir ahould fuck off. That was 100% yellow and a foul.

Pharaoh
27 Jun 16, 18:18
Every fucking game I watch with Spain playing, there's an AWFUL call or non-call in their favor. It really makes me not want to watch.......

Howl
27 Jun 16, 18:22
Why is Aduriz on the pitch? Shoulda bought on Costa or someone else

Pajo
27 Jun 16, 18:22
Cakir is killing the italians. Good that no big call was made.

kameru
27 Jun 16, 18:23
Just realize that Eder driblling has such eratic rythm that make it hard for opponent to guess where he will go next :notbad:

Sokrates
27 Jun 16, 18:26
Pique is such an overrated player

Howl
27 Jun 16, 18:49
2-0 Damn I thought Italy were going to get demolished. The opposite happened

Pharaoh
27 Jun 16, 18:50
#rekt that opposite flank switch was GORGEOUS by insigne

Sokrates
27 Jun 16, 18:53
Conte is a fucking genius.
And everybody here laughed whenI wanted him at Inter

Zoro
27 Jun 16, 18:54
Motta slapping Busquets! Revenge for 2010 :fap:

ADRossi
27 Jun 16, 18:56
Complete domination :proud: probably should have scored more goals.

#FreeInsigne

Kazaan
27 Jun 16, 18:57
Forza! Busquets is a pos. The ref was awful, Silva should have received a red card, Spaniards played dirty in general. Outplayed, outgunned

kameru
27 Jun 16, 19:07
Despite Spain have more possesion and shoot, Italy never look like losing this game. Morata looked gave his Juventus friend too much respect, how can he score then..

Batman
27 Jun 16, 19:18
Want Italy to win obviously but Spain will be winning this one #antijinx

You lot are welcome :D

Its always nice to beat the likes of Ramos and Busquets, and without Candreva, nice revenge to Euro 12 final too. Played with a masterpiece tactics and immense determination. Now against Germany will be tougher, but the confidence on this team is always there.

monster09
27 Jun 16, 19:27
Fantastic performance by the Italians.

Italy are the perfect example of Tournament team while England are the best example of qualifiers team.

The way Italian defense is organised is fantastic to watch. Next up will be a great tie against Germany.

ADRossi
27 Jun 16, 19:28
MoM today was Pelle. Him and Eder seem to compliment each other well. Folks on BBC were saying how they believe the modern defender doesn't know how to play against two strikers.

TheNetworkZ
27 Jun 16, 19:32
Spain BTFO

firmino
27 Jun 16, 20:30
conte is a great coach. there is a huge difference in technical skills between italy (especially without the likes of marchisio, verratti and candreva) and spain, and still it ended like this. or maybe it is the cat to do all the work and conte gets the credit, who knows: 4265

kameru
27 Jun 16, 20:38
Cunte did it again :awwyeah:

ElDuccio
27 Jun 16, 22:37
http://i.4cdn.org/sp/1467051280516.gif

Bob Sacamano
27 Jun 16, 23:18
I realised i actually start to LIKE Cunte a bit...

When he acted this way at Rube i thought he was a complete douche. Now i find it fantastic.

Ffi201zi002tlis
28 Jun 16, 02:10
Am I the only one who think Del Bosque is just an overrated coach? He won a lot at Real, but it's because Real had the best squad back then. Then he took over Spain NT. copied Barca tactics and relied on players' talent again.

ADRossi
28 Jun 16, 02:27
Am I the only one who think Del Bosque is just an overrated coach? He won a lot at Real, but it's because Real had the best squad back then. Then he took over Spain NT. copied Barca tactics and relied on players' talent again.

I mean, you have to give him credit because engineering three consecutive major tournament victories is impressive. Is he some tactical mastermind? No, but he has picked the right players (i.e. trusting Torres when no one did in 2012) and gotten the best out of his players. I think 2014 and this edition of Spain are both missing the same two elements; speed and finishing. I don't think it's a coincidence that Spain was winning titles when they had a world class finisher in Villa at the front. Take him away, and it's a team of wasted possession. Lot's of sizzle, no stake.

Also, the team has aged significantly (as all great teams do). Clearly Brazil in 2013 figured out that the best way to defend Tiki Taca is with pressure high up the pitch and multiple passing outlets in your own third of the pitch to diffuse Spain's pressing. This might be a result of the age of the squad not having the stamina to maintain the pressing style Del Bosque preaches.

If Conte manages to pull this off, it will go down as one of the greatest coaching feats in the history of modern football.

Fapuccino
28 Jun 16, 03:14
If Conte manages to pull this off, it will go down as one of the greatest coaching feats in the history of modern football.

Would it? Italy's strikers are horse crap, but their defence is the best in the tournament (chemistry included). I think teams like Costa Rica and Iceland making the quarter-finals is a much bigger deal than Italy winning Euros. Isn't one of Iceland's co-managers a dentist or something like that?

ADRossi
28 Jun 16, 03:25
Would it? Italy's strikers are horse crap, but their defence is the best in the tournament (chemistry included). I think teams like Costa Rica and Iceland making the quarter-finals is a much bigger deal than Italy winning Euros. Isn't one of Iceland's co-managers a dentist or something like that?

I agree the defense is fantastic, but the rest of the team isn't. Giaccherini, Parolo, Eder, Pelle - these are not quality players. When you factor in the path Italy is going to have to go through to win: Belgium, Spain, Germany, France -all of which are superior sides on paper, this has to be considered an upset.

Is Iceland beating England the biggest upset we've seen at this tournament? Probably. But Iceland was fantastic in qualifiers, and they didn't exactly escape in convincing fashion from a rather poor group. I wouldn't say they quarter final run is that surprising.

wera
28 Jun 16, 16:41
Pelle could start in a bigger club, I am sure. Better than a Giroud, for instance.

Conte knew what to do, loving his Italy.

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't one of Iceland's co-managers a dentist or something like that?

Since when does that matter? Dado Pršić was a mechanic and he still played in a CL final.

Many great footballers are shit coaches. Many shit players great coaches. You do not need to be the best at football (or having football education) to understand how to manage a team.
Also, a lot depends on mentality as well, I think we are seeing Iceland's reaction to CRs comments.

ADRossi
29 Jun 16, 03:23
I'm not sure what to make of Pelle. He's a bit streaky, and a little lazy at times. He disappears from games for long periods of time, but is a strong finisher and has done a great job of building up the attack so far this tournament.

Surely Pelle would score more goals if he played in Serie A than the EPL, no?

thatdude
29 Jun 16, 03:35
I don't know if Pelle could do it over the course of a season in a big club. I think the club would have to have a really good system in place, similar to Conte's Juventus team with Quagliarella - Vucinic or Llorente - Tevez.

I think he could do a similar job to what Llorente did for Juve over the course of a season. He was rumored to Lazio though, him under Bielsa would be intersting. Bielsa certainly got the best of he Gignac who is admittedly more mobile.