PDA

View Full Version : Quarter Final: Germany - Italy

Coasterfreek
27 Jun 16, 21:37
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f1/UEFA_Euro_2016_Logo.svg/220px-UEFA_Euro_2016_Logo.svg.png

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/86/Flag_of_Germany_(3-2_aspect_ratio).svg/300px-Flag_of_Germany_(3-2_aspect_ratio).svg.png _ https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/410xf8qcicL._SX300_.jpg

Nouveau Stade de Bordeaux, Bordeaux
2/7/16
21:00 CEST

Germany's last 4 results
Germany - Ukraine 2 - 0
Germany - Poland 0 - 0
Northern Ireland - Germany 0 - 1
Germany - Slovakia 3 - 0

Italia's last 4 results
Belgium - Italy 0 - 2
Italy - Sweden 1 - 0
Italy - Ireland 0 - 1
Italy - Spain 2 - 0

Sokrates
27 Jun 16, 21:42
Probably the best match in this tournament

koba
27 Jun 16, 21:48
The real test for Italy

Ziyad
27 Jun 16, 22:00
It's so unfair that we get to see this now while a shitty team like Portugal goes to the final.

firmino
27 Jun 16, 23:02
it's a test for germany, too, as they usually shit their pants against italy.

Armes
28 Jun 16, 05:21
tough shit this one.

KevinB
28 Jun 16, 05:28
It's so unfair that we get to see this now while a shitty team like Portugal goes to the final.

*Cough Cough* Easy there, boy

Inter2010
28 Jun 16, 15:05
Germany - Italy...This should have been the final... my pridiction italy 3- 1

wera
28 Jun 16, 16:37
Cannot wait for this one. I predict a closr game, but Italy going through in the end. Wouldn't mind either team going forward.

Caecuban
28 Jun 16, 23:37
At least this will be on the weekend!

ScottishInterista
29 Jun 16, 10:08
Will have to join the list of the many games i have missed due to work

Shark
29 Jun 16, 10:46
I'm predicting a 0-0 and Germany going through on penalties.

ADRossi
29 Jun 16, 19:03
De Rossi injured, Motta suspended, Sturaro to start :yao:

thatdude
29 Jun 16, 19:32
That Motta yellow was dumb. You could see De Rossi barely made it to 60 minutes. Even if he was fit he wouldn't be able to last a whole game.

Now is when a Jorginho would be nice to have, but Sturaro will have to do the job. I don't see him playing well at the base of a midfield 3 so perhaps it will be Parolo that drops down.

Dylan
29 Jun 16, 19:48
Will have to join the list of the many games i have missed due to work

Saw a grand total of 55 minutes of the Round of 16.

ADRossi
29 Jun 16, 19:52
That Motta yellow was dumb. You could see De Rossi barely made it to 60 minutes. Even if he was fit he wouldn't be able to last a whole game.

Now is when a Jorginho would be nice to have, but Sturaro will have to do the job. I don't see him playing well at the base of a midfield 3 so perhaps it will be Parolo that drops down.

If Candreva was fit, I would drop down Parolo and play Florenzi centrally.

Sturaro was terrible against Ireland, so I'm not optimistic.

wera
29 Jun 16, 19:56
De Rossi injured, Motta suspended, Sturaro to start :yao:

I trust Sturaro to play good.

ScottishInterista
29 Jun 16, 20:28
Saw a grand total of 55 minutes of the Round of 16.

Tbf every time i have been working in the bar with the games on tv, most have been shit according to the patrons

CoolMan44
30 Jun 16, 13:47
So I thought yellow cards were wiped just before the quarter finals. If someone receives a yellow for this game, are they suspended for the semi? Then I guess yellow cards get wiped after the quarter-finals, so no one misses the final, which I guess makes sense.

ADRossi
02 Jul 16, 02:25
So I thought yellow cards were wiped just before the quarter finals. If someone receives a yellow for this game, are they suspended for the semi? Then I guess yellow cards get wiped after the quarter-finals, so no one misses the final, which I guess makes sense.

Yeah. This is a major concern of mine; if we advanced, there's a good chance we'll be without one of BBC and Ogbonna will have to start :yao:

Conte indicating that De Rossi might start. Probably won't be able to get more than 60 minutes out of him, but I'll take it.

Glass box
02 Jul 16, 10:06
2-0 for Italy.

Wobblz
02 Jul 16, 10:11
Germany wins with penalties.

Historically I've always always cheered for Italy, but now i just can't cheer for half of Juve somehow. Tried to cheer for the Croats and the Polish and you saw what happened. So Iceland and realistically France it is.

Kova10
02 Jul 16, 10:25
3-0 Germany. as great as italy is, conte summarized it the best; germany are more of a football club than a national team

Glass box
02 Jul 16, 11:01
Germany wins with penalties.

Historically I've always always cheered for Italy, but now i just can't cheer for half of Juve somehow. Tried to cheer for the Croats and the Polish and you saw what happened. So Iceland and realistically France it is.

But Italy is also the only one national team left with an Inter player. :einstein:

Inter2010
02 Jul 16, 13:04
Forza Italia... have a positive win-loss record against Germany... 15-8 win-loss record

wicked wizard
02 Jul 16, 13:24
Can someone tell why isn't insigne playing? He's like italy most talented player and he's looked really good in little time he's played in the tournament.

firmino
02 Jul 16, 14:11
germans can be such racist assholes... german national newspapers these days have written stuff like "mum cannot help you today" or "we will destroy you" and, the funniest of all, italy is "arrogant" (not them, no no, they are not arrogant at all). i had sworn not to cheer for italy anymore for personal reasons, but i guess this match is worth an exception. to the germans who write (and/or think) this stuff: grow up already.

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone tell why isn't insigne playing? He's like italy most talented player and he's looked really good in little time he's played in the tournament.

Basically, Conte doesn't like him because insigne doesn't help in defense

Sokrates
02 Jul 16, 14:41
I hope really that Germany will be beaten.

CoolMan44
02 Jul 16, 15:34
germans can be such racist assholes... german national newspapers these days have written stuff like "mum cannot help you today" or "we will destroy you" and, the funniest of all, italy is "arrogant" (not them, no no, they are not arrogant at all). i had sworn not to cheer for italy anymore for personal reasons, but i guess this match is worth an exception. to the germans who write (and/or think) this stuff: grow up already.

I get why you think this could make them assholes, but what's racist about those statements?

Jnr
02 Jul 16, 15:38

Because he offers nothing when defending. Look at the midfield Conte has drilled. It looks like a Serie B midfield, but all are workhorses. And its working.

Besnik
02 Jul 16, 16:15
Italia's win against Spain was impressive, but on a side note Spain has been declining for a while now. Conte's system is amazing, the guy could organize a well disciplined team which makes minimal errors throughout the game.

Though I predict Germany to go through.

firmino
02 Jul 16, 18:52
I get why you think this could make them assholes, but what's racist about those statements?

Because it is always about Italy and Italians: we are mafia, we eat pizza with guns on the side of the dish and so on (I quoted German newspapers of the past years). Not racist words maybe, but certainly racist attitude.

wera
02 Jul 16, 18:56
Italy strives in chaotic games.

Anything can happen against Germany, cannot wait for the game.

Edit: i think you meant national stereotypes

JJM
02 Jul 16, 18:59
Probably most prestigious game of the tourney no?!
Ze Germans always had problems with the Italians tbh
Could see this upset again
However Germans have best players especially up front
Difficult to predict...

ADRossi
02 Jul 16, 19:19

Insigne is probably best used in small doses towards the end of games. Since Immobile has been useless this tournament, it appears Insigne is the preferred sub for Eder. Can create goals (as we saw versus Spain), but he doesn't defend to Conte's standards.

Germany switching to a 3-4-3 today.

Jnr
02 Jul 16, 19:43
Loew with 3 at the back! Trying to counter Italy setup.

Forza Azzurri!!

firmino
02 Jul 16, 19:57
This is gonna be a great match.

thatdude
02 Jul 16, 20:12
Parolo does not look comfortable in his new position thus far. Hopefully he grows into the game.

Glass box
02 Jul 16, 20:24
Very cautios approach by both sides. Understandable, bit I think this game will not be decided first 90 minutes.

Shaun
02 Jul 16, 20:33
Anyone got solid stream?

Fapuccino
02 Jul 16, 20:50
Boateng has stopped 3 sure goals so far. The difference a single player can make.

I'm surprised Italy is still playing this well even after all their injuries.

thatdude
02 Jul 16, 20:54
Something to remember is the Germans have already used a sub, so if this goes in to E.T. they will have one less sub than Italy.

Jnr
02 Jul 16, 21:02
Boateng has stopped everything. But Italy is resilient. Fantastic match up. Forza Italia!

Universe
02 Jul 16, 21:10
Holy fucking shit I hope we sell Eder.

Glass box
02 Jul 16, 21:19
Wtf Parolo. Three yellow cards for Italians in a very short time. Conte might make a change soon.

Coasterfreek
02 Jul 16, 21:24
Anyone got solid stream?

It's in Korean, but Channel B
http://hibox3612.blogspot.com/2014/08/livetv.html

- - - Updated - - -

GOOOOOOOAL

JJM
02 Jul 16, 21:25
They are better...

Universe
02 Jul 16, 21:26
Good. Now Italy actually have to play some football.

firmino
02 Jul 16, 21:26
I don't think Italy can draw this one. Conte did what he could, but Germany has a much better team, by far, especially when you cannot count on de Rossi and candreva, Italy's midfield is too poor. and the forwards aren't anything special either.

TheNetworkZ
02 Jul 16, 21:27
Of all the guys to score it's Mr. Big Game Flop himself, Ozil. Incredible.

Glass box
02 Jul 16, 21:27
Well Italy didn't have a chance so far.
A great pass by Muller.

thatdude
02 Jul 16, 21:31
Italy look spent. Have looked a step slower all game.

Badly missing some options to sub into this midfield right now.

Coasterfreek
02 Jul 16, 21:32
Italy's composure looks really bad right now.

Fapuccino
02 Jul 16, 21:33
Classic Conte. Down a goal and still makes no subs.

wera
02 Jul 16, 21:34
Of all the guys to score it's Mr. Big Game Flop himself, Ozil. Incredible.

That statement about him does not ring true in the last 2 years imo.

firmino
02 Jul 16, 21:36
Penalty. Boateng playing volleyball lol

Glass box
02 Jul 16, 21:36
Penalty for Italy! What a handball by Boateng.

Coasterfreek
02 Jul 16, 21:37
Well... handball saving Italia.

JJM
02 Jul 16, 21:37
Boateng rofl
What celebrations

thatdude
02 Jul 16, 21:38
Shocked Bonucci took that, but great pen!

wera
02 Jul 16, 21:39
Motm of the first half with a huge mistake. Fun fun fun.

firmino
02 Jul 16, 21:39
If germany don't win this one all of 23 + Jogi are going to need psychotherapy. :oblivious:

Shaun
02 Jul 16, 21:40
Conte you stubborn prick. Make some subs, change tactics. Jesus

thatdude
02 Jul 16, 21:41
Now is the perfect time for someone like Insigne to come on

firmino
02 Jul 16, 21:45
Funny thing is that Boateng had been perfect until he suddenly decided he likes volley more than football.

Shaun
02 Jul 16, 21:49
Italy look out on their feet.

imagine Italy with Veratti and Marchisio though

JJM
02 Jul 16, 21:50
Eder trolled Hummels

thatdude
02 Jul 16, 21:51
Italy look out on their feet.

imagine Italy with Veratti and Marchisio though

I honestly don't know how Veratti would look in this italy. It's not based on possession like PSG

Glass box
02 Jul 16, 21:52
I am enjoying this game. It's so tense even though not most entertaining football, as expected of course. Would like to see penalties.

CoolMan44
02 Jul 16, 21:56
Both yellow cards Hummels got this tournament were for fouls where he didn't even touch the player.

thatdude
02 Jul 16, 22:18
Insigne for Eder

Glass box
02 Jul 16, 22:19
I like Conte's philosophy. Play'em till they drop down.

Coasterfreek
02 Jul 16, 22:31
Ugh.. don't want this going to penalties

thatdude
02 Jul 16, 22:34
Germany is 26 of 28 in major tournaments in penalties

Not sure I like Insigne as the 1st pen taker.

firmino
02 Jul 16, 22:39
This is what happens when you sub someone only for the penalty

JJM
ZazA :palm:

Coasterfreek
Zaza.. you took too long

I4E
02 Jul 16, 22:40
lol

What fuckwits

Coasterfreek
02 Jul 16, 22:40
:lol: TErrible penalty. walking to the ball?

JJM
02 Jul 16, 22:41
Huehue
Pelle

Yao

thatdude
02 Jul 16, 22:42
WOW.

That's the worst PK I"ve ever seen!

I4E
02 Jul 16, 22:42
Seriously! Fuckin lol at these fuckwit fairy penalties

JJM
02 Jul 16, 22:43
Pfff
Shitty pens
Are you fucken srs

thatdude
02 Jul 16, 22:44
HOLY SHIT WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!

THESE PENS ARE INSANE

Coasterfreek
Wow.. this is comedy central :lol:

I4E
:lol:

I'm in fuckin tears!

Glass box
Hahahahaha WTF??? 3 missed for both sides!

JJM
02 Jul 16, 22:45
Drama drama drama

JJM
02 Jul 16, 22:47
De Sciglio :notbad:
Boateng scores

Darmia...oh god
I knew he will fuck up

JJM
02 Jul 16, 22:49
Germany beat Italy for the first time in big tournaments

Coasterfreek
YES!!!! YES!!!

thatdude
I blame this shit on Pelle

Ronin
02 Jul 16, 22:50
Holy fuck those were some really poor penalties.

Pharaoh
Well that fucking sucks

koba
One of longest PK shoot out

TheNetworkZ
I'm so happy the Conte era is finally over

Fapuccino
02 Jul 16, 22:52

Get ready for the Ventura era

francesco
I'm so happy the #juveitalia era is finally over

fixed it :troll:

Howl
Buffon should have saved some of those penalties, especially the last.. but its nice seeing Bonucci miss :lol:

Shaun
02 Jul 16, 22:53
Respect for Conte who clearly drilled his players well, but a side in which the best players aren't even picked because they're not workhorses isn't real the type of side that should be winning the Euros.

thatdude
02 Jul 16, 22:56
I'll never forget that Pelle penalty, holy shit man.

Shark
02 Jul 16, 22:58
Zaza and Pelle with horrendous penalties :palm:

Coasterfreek
02 Jul 16, 22:59
I'll never forget that Pelle, Zaza and Mueller penalty, holy shit man.

Fixed

Universe
02 Jul 16, 23:00
Well. Shame Italy surrendered their lead in the shootout, game should have been over when Ozil missed his penalty. Schweinsteiger should be taken out back and shot. The biggest penalty choker of all time. Pelle's penalty was hysterically shit but Zaza's was the most retarded thing I've seen in my life.

Bergpavian
02 Jul 16, 23:00
I'll never forget that Pelle penalty, holy shit man.

Zaza was only brought to make a panalty. And then this.

He should be slapped home to Italy.

Jnr
02 Jul 16, 23:02

Whats wrong with Conte? Dude made a candy out of shit. Brilliant coach, Ventura will fuck up, then you are going to miss the man of tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

But Pelle , Zaza come on. Wtf was that. Pelle had match ball :)

Choppin Onions
02 Jul 16, 23:02
One of the poorest penalty shootouts I've ever see lol

Also someone get Buffon into a retirement home. Dude looked slow af during those penalties. Anyway the quality was lacking from an Italian perspective. Just look at the names out there.

Coasterfreek
02 Jul 16, 23:03
Considering that Zaza was subbed just for the penalties... not how he Fucked that up. took a million steps before the miss. :lol:

TheNetworkZ
02 Jul 16, 23:04
Whats wrong with Conte? Dude made a candy out of shit. Brilliant coach, Ventura will fuck up, then you are going to miss the man of tonight.

A lot, for example the thinking behind his player selections and his substituting is worse than Mancini's. Ventura is an underrated manager and I promise you I will not miss Conte at all.

Glass box
02 Jul 16, 23:05
Zaza and Darmian were subs for Conte and they both missed.

Shaun
02 Jul 16, 23:09

- - - Updated - - -

But Pelle , Zaza come on. Wtf was that. Pelle had match ball :)

Conte will create a organised side, but he's a stubborn old prick who would rather lose a game than change his tactics. Even in today's game putting on Zaza to only take a penalty? I can't stand Zaza, but talk about putting all sorts of pressure on a player to score with his only kick of the ball.

Bergpavian
02 Jul 16, 23:15
One of the poorest penalty shootouts I've ever see lol

I really wonder if there have ever been a worse one. I remember being one team terrible. But boths? XD

francesco
02 Jul 16, 23:17
zaza and pelle penalties remind me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXjCKwBtG0I

ADRossi
02 Jul 16, 23:20
Ah, well, can't complain too much about the result. Neither team created many genuine chances during the match. Buffon's point blank save on Gomez was about it. That penalty Boateng gave away was nonsensical.

Thought Pelle had a fantastic game, constantly winning aerial duels in the midfield and holding up possession. It's a real shame he shanked the penalty. Florenzi was brilliant, and probably the only source of creativity today. Hats off to Eder as well. I thought for sure Sturaro was going to get himself sent off, he was reckless. That De Sciglio penalty was either balls of steel or pure luck.

In the end, the injuries were just too much to overcome. De Rossi, Candreva, Verratti, Marchisio...too many of our best players missed the game, or were left at home by Conte. Jorginho needed to be here, as did Bonaventura. Taking Vazquez instead over Immobile would have been useful.

Not sure if we'll miss Conte or not. Everyone talks about how he made something out of nothing, which he did, but he left many in form players at home or on the bench. A memorable run, but in the end we got stuck on the tough side of the bracket, and just couldn't muster enough for a finals run.

I'm thinking Barzagli retires from the national team and we switch to a back four again, or keep with the back 3 and insert Rugani in slowly.

bandiera
02 Jul 16, 23:24
Respect for Conte who clearly drilled his players well, but a side in which the best players aren't even picked because they're not workhorses isn't real the type of side that should be winning the Euros.

i dont think its fair to asy that italy didn't deserve to win the euros because conte didn't pick the best technical players. first of all, you win the euros by winning the euros. secondly, if anything it's correlated to the better team, not necessarily the better players. ripping on him because he didn't pick bonaventura (really overrated), vazquez, jorginho (average player in sarri's system), and didn't play insigne or el sharaawy is unfair when conte's tactics came off so well is unfair. for starters, you have to sacrifice the 3-5-2 (and therefore the BBC blockade) for bonaventura and el sharaawy, nor do i see the others necessarily offering more. i don't see any manager within italy's reach making that work reasonably well, let alone building a better team than conte.

he may be stubborn, his substitutions may be weak, and he may be overrated, but don't forget the main comparison should be with ventura. if anything, ventura shares all of those weaknesses and doesn't have many strengths. tough times for italy fans in the future with this group of players under flipping ventura (who may be underrated, but still mediocre at best).

Kazaan
02 Jul 16, 23:26
Huh, I thought people admired Conte tactically speaking. I'm not complaining, I don't like him at all, but mainly because of his Rubentino background.

thatdude
02 Jul 16, 23:29
Considering that Zaza was subbed just for the penalties... not how he Fucked that up. took a million steps before the miss. :lol:

He was just doing the running man challenge

ADRossi
02 Jul 16, 23:31
Video of Zaza's penalty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knCj92zA0tU

ScottishInterista
02 Jul 16, 23:38
Germany missed more penalties tonight than they have in all previous major tournament shoot outs combined.

Thats fucking insane

Fapuccino
02 Jul 16, 23:38
As much as I think Conte is overrated, Italy had the hardest path to the finals. They had to beat Belgium, Spain, Germany, France and THEN the finals. Portugal on the other hand, qualified from the group stages with 0 wins, and have to beat Croatia, Poland, Wales, to get to the finals. The fact that he beat Belgium and Spain, and managed to push Germany to penalties, is as much as you can do with this team.

ADRossi
02 Jul 16, 23:41
They need to restructure this tournament.

1) Adding the extra teams this year has ruined the KO part of the bracket. They need to find a new way to re-seed the teams
2) The yellow card wipe should come before the 1/4 final; how does it make any sense that they added an extra round to the tournament, but kept the yellow card amnesty in the same spot? Germany will miss Hummels next round, and Wales Ramsay.
3) They need to bring back the golden goal

Armes
02 Jul 16, 23:43
I feel for Zaza, he gave his maximum tonight.

Glass box
02 Jul 16, 23:45
Penalties are for the mentally strongest. If you exclude the facts that EVERYBODY in the World is watching you, your whole country will praise or shit on you, and your NT winning/losing depends on you, then I guess you can shoot the ball in the right/left upper angle and the GK won't stand a chance. But the mental pressure is tremendeous and bigger than the physical.

Bzzlightyear
02 Jul 16, 23:46
I dont know about the Red cards, but what i care about is that it should have been 16 teams instead of 24, plus to more things. Portal or Wales dont deserve to be in final, there are better teams then both of the teams, such as France " Germany Italy,
As well today I felt this game was more like a final.

Glass box
02 Jul 16, 23:47
Why are you protesting against more football in summer?

Bzzlightyear
02 Jul 16, 23:49
Its not about the quantity its about quality, better to have 16 teams that can deliver quality then 24 teams, its just my opinion

ADRossi
02 Jul 16, 23:49
Now that they've added teams, they'll never remove them. $$ talks, and the more teams they let in the tournament, the more money UEFA makes.

ElDuccio
02 Jul 16, 23:51
zaza and pelle penalties remind me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXjCKwBtG0I

ahahahahhaha legendery, post of the year dude:D

Batman
02 Jul 16, 23:54
Pelle's penalty was comical, but Zaza was fresh and brought on specifically for the penalty, instead of going to the safe way, he chose power over placement, also wtf was that jog before the shot for? Its really shame, Italy could've easily won the cup, Germany are the strongest in the tournament imo and werent all that.

bandiera
02 Jul 16, 23:56
Pelle's penalty was comical, but Zaza was fresh and brought on specifically for the penalty, instead of going to the safe way, he chose power over placement, also wtf was that jog before the shot for? Its really shame, Italy could've easily won the cup, Germany werent all that.

jog reminded me of pogba's penalties. i think the point is to increase the pressure on the gk, but instead of increasing it on neuer it ended up increasing the pressure on himself.

Wallace
03 Jul 16, 00:00
Italy did pretty well considering the players at Conte's proposal.

He could have chosen a different set of players, but those players are completely tangential to where his choice of tactical approach was going. I completely understand why he didn't choose Jorginho, Bonaventura, etc...

It was a tactical decision not to choose them, not the Mancini style "tactical decision", but proper tactical decision.

Looking forward to Italy's World Cup 2018 with Mancini in charge.

ElDuccio
03 Jul 16, 00:06
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lomck3mDC5k

0:30... i know how it feel bro

Wings
03 Jul 16, 00:12

1) Adding the extra teams this year has ruined the KO part of the bracket. They need to find a new way to re-seed the teams
2) The yellow card wipe should come before the 1/4 final; how does it make any sense that they added an extra round to the tournament, but kept the yellow card amnesty in the same spot? Germany will miss Hummels next round, and Wales Ramsay.

1) Agreed, ideal solution would be to go back to 16 teams but not going to happen
2) Alternatively, suspension could be punishment for 3 yellows, not 2
3) Disagree, ET would become even more defensive

Glass box
03 Jul 16, 00:22
Golden goal will be confirmation for penalties after 90 minutes' draw.

Shark
03 Jul 16, 00:22
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lomck3mDC5k

I was really starting to feel emotional until 00:32. That bubbling noise made me laugh out loud though :lol:

Inter2010
03 Jul 16, 03:58
Cunte didn't prepare the team for fuckin penalties... fuck this tournament has been a circus from the start....the idiots who missed the penalties: Simone Zaza(Rubentus)...Graziano Pelle(Southampton), and Matteo Darmian(Manchester United).

firmino
03 Jul 16, 07:35
Looking forward to Italy's World Cup 2018 with Mancini in charge.

First order of business, ask the federation to buy Tourč. :alone:

- - - Updated - - -

Conte did a very good job, but in his last match as the coach of Italy he also showed some limits, namely being unable to change tactic when things don't work as expected and now I understand why he never did well in champions league (I mean as a coach). If it hadn't been for boateng, the match would have ended with the regular time, italy did try to do something but except for one time wasn't dangerous. Also, he put a lot of pressure on zaza putting him in just for the penalty kick.

Finally, italy is terrible, really. The only good thing is the defense and they're all over 30. If the federation doesn't take drastic measures, it can only go worse from now on.

Universe
03 Jul 16, 07:56
Can someone make a gif or short video of that Zaza penalty please. Holy shit I could watch that on repeat for weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind, I found it

https://streamable.com/f6im

- - - Updated - - -

It gets funnier every time

Bergpavian
03 Jul 16, 08:40

I don't think they'll go back to 16 teams but another alternative would be bigger groups. The chances that only top teams would be in the 1/4 finals would be bigger and weaker teams can show themselves more often, but then you have more games to play (4 groups with 6 Teams - 8 games at max.).

I4E
03 Jul 16, 08:47
Can someone make a gif or short video of that Zaza penalty please. Holy shit I could watch that on repeat for weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind, I found it

https://streamable.com/f6im

- - - Updated - - -

It gets funnier every time

I too found it all hilarious. Rather than trying to be fuckin hero show ponies, just put the ball in the net ffs.

Demenza Senile
03 Jul 16, 09:51
Initially I was very anti the new format with 24 teams.However what this did was to ensure the last matchday of the group stages still had all teams fighting to qualify.In 16 team tournaments I recall quite a few groups being over on Matchday 2 with 2 teams having won their opening games or with 4 points but now even the team which hadn't got a single point was in with a chance of qualification and that made the last matchday very interesting.

On this game itself I feel Conte should take the blame for not changing his tactics and not being brave enough in extra time.My mind goes back to 2006 with both teams at 0-0 and Lippi was brave enough to send in Del Piero and Gilardino [was it?] and Italy went forward and ensured there were no penalties and won thanks to Grosso[and then we gave him a contract and he turned out to be nothing special] as well as Del Piero.I was wondering if Conte would be brave enough and bring in El Sharawyy and Bernardeshi/Insigne and make it 3-4-3 in extra time but instead he was timid and hoped to get lucky on penalties.Imo too many managers are timid in extra time because if they lose on penalties they can blame fate/luck/lottery of the penalties and get away with making speeches about bravery/character/spirit like Conte did later on.

This imo was a German squad that was there for the taking psychologically in extra time with all that burden of not having beaten Italy ever and Italy blew it.

PS- Camoranesi and Perotta [both midfielders] were taken off and 2 forwards Del Piero and Iaquinta were brought in with Gilardino having come in earlier for Toni! Italy had Gilardino,Del Piero,Totti,Iaquinta playing the whole of the 2nd period of extra time!

Inter2010
03 Jul 16, 10:09
Simone Zaza... the rubentus clown mocked a must see

www.espnfc.com/blog/the-toe-poke/65/post/2906794/simone-zaza-mocked-mercilessly-after-comical-shootout-miss-for-italy

Shaun
03 Jul 16, 10:56
Not a fan of Zaza at all (He's a bit of a nutcase), but I feel sorry for a player who literally just gets brought on to do a spot-kick. Way too much pressure to put on a player imo.

JJM
03 Jul 16, 11:15
Fuck all the Rube players tbh
Dis not Serie A where refs gift you tight games
Cry babies...
Zaza,Pelle,Darmian and Bonucci well taken pens rly
Pelle what a clown

Florenzi Italy's most creative player says it all tbh.
I hate Conte's style tbh
Germany played so much better
Yogi should have started Draxler and Muller should have eaten bench because he is ridiculously out of form and they would have won earlyer for sure

_OC_
03 Jul 16, 13:39
https://media2.giphy.com/media/oPFVpNViAzBw4/200w.gif

Stefan
03 Jul 16, 14:15
I liked the extra teams personally. Are just chokers when it comes to penalties. They are terrible at it and everyone who has watched buffon over the years know the one he is terrible at is saving pens. Germany were always going to win if it went to pens.

Another failed tournament for Italy...

ADRossi
03 Jul 16, 20:09
Berardi might be the single best Italian PK taker and was left at home, could have subbed him on instead of Zaza :)

Not really understanding people who say Germany played "so much better." Germany had more possession and created an equal number of chances. The only legitimate chance on goal Germany had after their first goal was the Gomez miss. I give Germany credit for being more ambitious in extra time, but they never even scared BBC.

JJM
03 Jul 16, 20:19
https://media.giphy.com/media/l46Ck4TtDxPu9g61q/giphy.gif
I died

Coasterfreek
04 Jul 16, 02:36
I swear it took 3,523 minutes before Zaza finally touched the ball.

ElDuccio
04 Jul 16, 03:10
i get really piss off when i watch again the penaltys.. fuck.

Good thing that now Inter is playing again.. Serie A...Europa League... this might be really funny, like every year.

Wait:okay:

TheNetworkZ
04 Jul 16, 03:50
Not a fan of Zaza at all (He's a bit of a nutcase), but I feel sorry for a player who literally just gets brought on to do a spot-kick. Way too much pressure to put on a player imo.

Yes he was brought on specifically to make that kick but he decided to take it like a complete retard, you can't feel bad for a moron like that. It's like hiring someone to paint your house but they show up to the job in a clown suit and they begin to dance around the house and splatter paint on the walls rather than doing a serious job.

ADRossi
04 Jul 16, 04:34
i get really piss off when i watch again the penaltys.. fuck.

Good thing that now Inter is playing again.. Serie A...Europa League... this might be really funny, like every year.

Wait:okay:

I was most angry about when we had the advantage before the Pelle miss.

Kazaan
05 Jul 16, 09:17
https://media.giphy.com/media/xx280glhKZ4k0/giphy.gif

Zaza's penalty, gift that keeps on giving

CoolMan44
05 Jul 16, 14:50
Zaza was pretty good, but the best part was Pelle being so cocky and telling Neuer he is going to chip him, then hitting literally the slowest penalty ever. I'm sure that even if it was on target and Neuer dived the wrong way, he would still have time to get up and save the ball before it rolls into the net.