View Full Version : Matias Vecino

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

vitomins
01 Aug 17, 19:20
Official enough!

http://www.inter.it/en/news/59149/matias-vecino-in-milan

Inter7
01 Aug 17, 19:22
Welcome and Forza Vacino... his best attribute he said is he sacrifices himself for the team. Goodluck and wear our kit with pride

Nero Indigo
01 Aug 17, 19:23
Welcome Vecino! Wish you the best!

vitomins
01 Aug 17, 19:25
http://www.inter.it/en/news/59153/vecino-im-extremely-happy-to-be-here-in-milan

D-Sky
01 Aug 17, 19:28
Welcome Vecino!!!
I believe he is a great addition to our roster. He will do great for us!! I believe that!

Jane The Virgin
01 Aug 17, 19:37
Just another kuzmanovic.

Its funny how we went for the best players in their positions in the world (arguably), and after we failed for radja and vidal, we went for another kuzmanovic from uruguay...

Yeah sorry for not being able to share your enthusiasm guys

Meds
01 Aug 17, 19:38
Yes you're right, he is another Kuzmanovic.:awyeah:

Seriously , you can be pessimist , but certainly not at the point of saying nonsense.

Sokrates
01 Aug 17, 19:41
Excellent signing for us in our situation.

Gesendet von meinem SM-A300FU mit Tapatalk

ChillBro
01 Aug 17, 19:44
Ugh he is not as good as kroos, nainggolan, matic or vidal so he must be shit. come on inter!

magnesium
01 Aug 17, 19:44
Welcome Vecino..

nice to see you in Inter shirt.

For the hater better look this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wTjZPFOYCk

varmin
01 Aug 17, 19:49

Nyall
01 Aug 17, 19:53
What does he add to this team to be excited about?

Which of our midfielders is he an improve over?

CoolMan44
01 Aug 17, 20:03
Brozovic and Kondogbia easily. He's also probably currently better than Gagliardini, but I like Gagliardini a lot and think he has very high potential.

Meds
01 Aug 17, 20:07
He add consistency , regularity , technicality and complementarity with Valero.

La Brujita
01 Aug 17, 20:07
After opposing Skriniar, I can only have an opinion of a player which I've never really paid attention to after a few games.

Let's see how this goes and hope he's another Skriniar.

Jnr
01 Aug 17, 20:29
He will come good. Welcome!

JJM
01 Aug 17, 20:46
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQZL5d4GUnI

1080p :epicwin:

Palacio
01 Aug 17, 20:51
Make us proud.

Shark
01 Aug 17, 21:04
Welcome! Please surprise us.

YoramG
01 Aug 17, 21:08
Cautiously excited about this one. The only thing that I'm worried about is Gagliardini missing out on playing time, as I really like him and want him to develop. Regardless, solid signing.

PHM1605
01 Aug 17, 21:18
1'36: #Interiscumming :fap:

Nyall
01 Aug 17, 21:33
He add consistency , regularity , technicality and complementarity with Valero.

So our midfield is now 2/3 the midfield of the team that finished 8th.

Again what is there to be excited about? Fiorentina should be the ones celebrating right now. They're making more money for their underachievers than we're able to get for ours.

Candreva Crosses
01 Aug 17, 21:34
Who the fuck is this guy?

javier_zanetti <3
01 Aug 17, 21:44

Again what is there to be excited about? Fiorentina should be the ones celebrating right now. They're making more money for their underachievers than we're able to get for ours.
in summer 2015, Juve bought Palermo top scorer (Dybala), and this summer they bought a winger for 40M from "the team that finished 8th".

Spalletti and Sabatini knows much better than you all what they are doing.

ChillBro
01 Aug 17, 21:47
in summer 2015, Juve bought Palermo top scorer, and this summer they bought a winger for 40M from "the team that finished 8th".

Truth. And by this convoluted "fiorentina finished 8th logic" - we or ac milan would be fools to try and go get belotti because great - you got the striker for the team that finished 9th.

magnesium
01 Aug 17, 21:51
So what if we buy from club finished 8th place in serie a , as long he can help us to get CL place.

Did we buy Diego Milito from Genoa?.. he is our treble heroes, without him we never get treble.

Should we prefer Pepe over Skriniar just because he is from Real Madrid?

Sabatini and Spaletti know Vecino is what we need in midfield, so the hater just watch and learn why we buy him in next match, just as we doubt about Valero and Skriniar, and Praise them when we watch preseason against Bayern and Chelsea.

Ratsys
01 Aug 17, 22:04
they dont have money to buy top player but spending 24 mil on a player worth max 5 mil. another de roon like :lol:. vecino for 24 is a move i would expect from some dumb EPL team, but hey OKAY

M.Adnan
01 Aug 17, 22:11
Some of the posts here making irrelevant criticsm towards Vecino.

Remember that Nainggolan was bought at almost the same age by the same people who made this deal and for a higher price from Cagliari. I'd wait to actually see what the guy has to offer in Spalletti's system before passing judgements so I won't have to eat my words later.

My only criticism for now is that, unlike Nainggolan, he's bought in straight deal (no loan) for a higher price than his reputation. His wages are also undeserved without proving anything here yet. There's no excuse for giving him such high wages. No one was compteting with us anyway to sign him and he's moving to a bigger club.

interista4
01 Aug 17, 22:23
Are we still going with this silly Inter is coming nonesense? Talk on the pitch please, not on social media.

Welcome Vecino, however I'm still not sure on this one.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Stefan
01 Aug 17, 22:43
Welcome

magnesium
01 Aug 17, 23:02
My only criticism for now is that, unlike Nainggolan, he's bought in straight deal (no loan) for a higher price than his reputation. His wages are also undeserved without proving anything here yet. There's no excuse for giving him such high wages. No one was compteting with us anyway to sign him and he's moving to a bigger club.

We buy him when Fiorentina 100% don't wanna sell him cause Fio already sell many player,
and we pay him 12 million 2 times payment, not one payment for 24 million.
I think this is good deal considering inflation today. 24 Million for a player from club Fiorentina is normal.
Imagine if he from Lazio, sure we can't get him for 24 million.
I don't know about wage, but if Gabigol earn so much .. so don't wonder we give big wage to Vecino.

This deal remind me when Sabatini buy Strootman not Nainggolan.
I think Vecino will ultilized like Strootman in Roma.
There are not many complete player like Nainggolan or Vidal.

Nyall
01 Aug 17, 23:42
in summer 2015, Juve bought Palermo top scorer (Dybala), and this summer they bought a winger for 40M from "the team that finished 8th".

Dybala was like you said their top scorer and best player and it was clear to everyone that saw him he was going to be a star.

Vecino on the other hand is average. He wasn't Fiorentina's best player. He's never excelled at anything.

After being linked to the likes of Vidal and Naingolan, ending up with Vecino is sad. Its like those kids who asked their parents for a PS2 back in the day and got this.
http://mygaming.co.za/news/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/detalhe-da-embalagem-do-polystation-2-e-seus-acessorios-1368136567404_956x500-e1440844464919.jpg

Quantum
01 Aug 17, 23:44
Watched him enough on Fiorentina. An okay player, but not a game changer by any means. I believe we could have done a lot better for that stiff price we paid. On the other hand, he's determined and tries his best at all times, which is more than we can say about certain members of our squad.

Welcome, and good luck on your new journey.

magnesium
02 Aug 17, 00:25
Who the fuck is this guy?

If you don't know who this guy check this ..

Vecino joined Fiorentina back in January of 2013 as a 22-year-old trequartista noted for his shooting and creative passing. We never really saw that, and he went on loan to Cagliari in 2014 and Empoli in 2015. It was that latter move that saw him blossom, as Sarri figured out that the youngster was a dynamo box-to-box operator, the type who leads the team in distance covered and passes made.

that from :

https://www.violanation.com/fiorentina-transfer-rumors-news-reports/2017/8/1/16078846/fiorentina-matias-vecino-inter-milan-official-transfer-signing-buy-sell-sale

maybe the reason we buy him cause he is perfect partner for Valero.

connorconnor12
02 Aug 17, 02:41
If you don't know who this guy check this ..

Vecino joined Fiorentina back in January of 2013 as a 22-year-old trequartista noted for his shooting and creative passing. We never really saw that, and he went on loan to Cagliari in 2014 and Empoli in 2015. It was that latter move that saw him blossom, as Sarri figured out that the youngster was a dynamo box-to-box operator, the type who leads the team in distance covered and passes made.

that from :

https://www.violanation.com/fiorentina-transfer-rumors-news-reports/2017/8/1/16078846/fiorentina-matias-vecino-inter-milan-official-transfer-signing-buy-sell-sale

maybe the reason we buy him cause he is perfect partner for Valero.

i love the headline on the fiorentina website, "further evidence that, no matter how bad it gets, it can always get worse."

Ronaldo
02 Aug 17, 02:49
Some of the posts here making irrelevant criticsm towards Vecino.

Remember that Nainggolan was bought at almost the same age by the same people who made this deal and for a higher price from Cagliari. I'd wait to actually see what the guy has to offer in Spalletti's system before passing judgements so I won't have to eat my words later.

Come on man! I agree with you that Vecino could turn out to be useful but you can't compare him to Nainngolan. At the time Nainngolan's quality was undeniable; he was one of the best midfielders in Serie A and his price actually made sense. You can't compare him to Vecino who's been absolutely unnoticeable.

danz
02 Aug 17, 03:12
Lol many pessimistic ppl here. Give him a chance ffs. Speaking about proven or un proven players, what about candrefuck? He was proven enough , but turn to brainless player here as well. So?

Ronaldo
02 Aug 17, 03:14
Mods please add the poll.

Universe
02 Aug 17, 03:16
Make us proud.

Never forget who you are.

qb4ever_2k
02 Aug 17, 03:23
I’m confused, why do people think he’s expensive? 24m is like 15m a couple years back.

Fapuccino
02 Aug 17, 03:48
I’m confused, why do people think he’s expensive? 24m is like 15m a couple years back.

72 is the new 56.

Efrain21C
02 Aug 17, 04:08
If Spalleti wanted him at all costs it's a good signing for me, I'm curious to see his contribution to the team and how he's going to shut some people's mouth around here...

Welcome Vecino!

varmin
02 Aug 17, 04:16
Caen ( finished 17 at League 1 last season) want 10 mln for a player with expiring contract and you are complaining that Vecino is too expensive:palm:

rfU
02 Aug 17, 07:21
Solid player, adds much needed depth and stability. I hope this means Kondogbia is on his way out.

Puma
02 Aug 17, 08:08
I did not watch Fiorentina and know very little about this guy. Who is he like? Is he a Cristiano Zanetti destroyer? A Cambiasso General? A Ze Elias Red Card Waiting to Happen? Where is he most likely going to fit in? What role is he most likely to play? Are we able to move beyond the price of his transfer and talk about him and his possible contribution in a more substantial or detailed manner.

DARi0
02 Aug 17, 08:46
Warm welcome Matí :datass:

I wish you good luck in our jersey and may you win important trophies at this club.

Just another kuzmanovic.

Its funny how we went for the best players in their positions in the world (arguably), and after we failed for radja and vidal, we went for another kuzmanovic from uruguay...

Yeah sorry for not being able to share your enthusiasm guys

:awwyeah: I will quote this just to make sure it won`t be edited :D

Vidal and Radja will both play in UCL, why would they leave their clubs for us? Frankly I never wanted Vidal for his juBe past, big wage and questionable potential commitment to our colors. It`s better to raise our own stars that blossom under our shirt.
Chelsea and Man Utd also failed for Radja, it`s just how the transfer market works, get over it. We should have signed him in the 1st place when Roma got him, but Thohir avoided making this investment [he`s sadly clueless about football]. So that`s why we signed Sabatini, to avoid future mistakes like this.

I for one trust Sabatini and Matías Vecino looks impecable so far, doing nothing wrong - which is really valuable if you want to retain posession. He also has a great shot [unlike Joao Mario for that price!!!!] - just look how easily he scored 2 goals against us W-XUMx3hZlE

Adding the fact that he`s already very familiar with Borja Valero is another bonus, as they will instantly link up.

CafeCordoba
02 Aug 17, 09:02
Corriere Della Sera says the base salary is 1.5m and with bonuses it can reach the 3m mark.

And welcome Vecino!

Il Drago
02 Aug 17, 09:07
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGNl0xTXsAAC_F7.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

MATIAS VECINO IS NOW A NERAZZURRI PLAYER!
The Uruguayan midfielder has signed a contract with Inter for the next four seasons

MILAN - Matias Vecino is now officially a new Inter player. The Uruguayan midfielder has signed a contract with the Nerazzurri until 30th June 2021.

Born in Canelones on the 24th August 1991, Vecino spent the first stages of his professional career with Central Español, making his Primera Divison debut back on March 7th 2010 (aged 18-years and six months). After making 32 appearances and scoring two goals, he then went on to represent Uruguay at the Under-20 World Cup in the summer of 2011, subsequently earning a move to Nacional. With them he won his first title as a player, helping the team become champions of Uruguay on 15th June 2012, notably thanks to a goal scored by an old Nerazzurri icon, Alvaro Recoba.

Fiorentina soon became aware of the player’s qualities and brought him to Italy back in January 2013, making his Serie A debut during the 2013-14 campaign. On 26th September 2013, Vecino made his first appearance at the Scala Del Calcio, as the Viola faced off against Inter. On his travels in Italy, he continued his development with both Cagliari - making nine appearances and scoring two goals between January and May of 2014 - and in particular Empoli, where he played a key role under the guidance of former coach Maurizio Sarri.

Having witnessed his progression, Fiorentina soon decided to bring him back to the club, with the 25-year-old midfielder going on to spend two seasons at the Stadio Artemio Franchi and becoming one of the most reliable midfielders in Serie A.

Welcome to Milan, Matias, and best of luck with your new adventure at the Nerazzurri!
http://www.inter.it/en/news/59155/Matias-Vecino-is-now-a-Nerazzurri-player-

Batman
02 Aug 17, 09:17
Welcome Vecino.

But if our next signing wont be a fullback I might start worrying about our season.

DARi0
02 Aug 17, 09:18
I can`t wait until he makes his contesters shut up with his consistent performances on the pitch :cool:

Many are worried that they never heard of him, but that`s the way to go if you want good players for reasonable prices. People need to chill as we have Sabatini now taking care of the transfers. :datass:

Mods please add the poll.
+1, there are many divergent opinions on him, so let`s vote for fun in the future.

I think he will bring a lot of stability and consistency to our team, I see confidence and calmness in his play. His biggest asset is that he does not fuck up and does not lose a lot of balls, he works in the system for the system.

CesfPP3xW5E

PS: I see that nobody mentioned that he chose to wear jersey #6.

firmino
02 Aug 17, 09:26
i can already give my vote: 6.5. and if i'm forced to chosse between 6 and 7, it's 7, but not a very convinced 7.

i don't want to sound like a negative nancy but that's my vote. dear vecino, fell free to make me eat my words.

- - - Updated - - -

second comment under the post on twitter: "announce keita and vidal or the cat will remain in the cage". :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/jDRWXr7.jpg

Provenzano
02 Aug 17, 11:19
http://prikachi.com/images/256/9159256P.jpg

http://prikachi.com/images/257/9159257R.jpg

http://prikachi.com/images/258/9159258g.jpg

Universe
02 Aug 17, 11:22
What number is he taking

firmino
02 Aug 17, 11:25

Sokrates
02 Aug 17, 11:29
1.) This guy will be a very important player, mark my words
2.) 24 millions (12 + 12) is a steal
3.) This guy is fucking handsome, I wonder why nobody noted that before... :work:

4.) The other guy on this picture should be miles away from our club :yao:

_OC_
02 Aug 17, 11:33

Just look at that white tablecloth, we trollin' the shit out of, uhh... Pro Vercelli.

Quantum
02 Aug 17, 11:38

Because 11-12 millions a couple years back would have been more than enough for an industrious yet almost anonymous player.

kameru
02 Aug 17, 11:40
Can't remember who using number 6 before? Djorkaeff?

Shaun
02 Aug 17, 11:50

Fiorentina's issue was never their midfield. In fact I remember their midfield playing Juve's off the park in round 1 last season

brakbrak
02 Aug 17, 11:53
Because 11-12 millions a couple years back would have been more than enough for an industrious yet almost anonymous player.

Lucio

danz
02 Aug 17, 12:00
Watched few clips on youtube, dont you guys think he is very similar to kova playstyle? Grab ball from mid and make dribble and running all by himself. But his passing skill better than kova, including his long pass. Quite impressive

ElDiego22
02 Aug 17, 12:14
Welcome to the greatest club in Italy, Matias :thumbsup:

firmino
02 Aug 17, 12:44
Can't remember who using number 6 before? Djorkaeff?

Here's a complete list:

http://www.interfc.it/numeri.asp

Irequis
02 Aug 17, 13:23
I don't know anything about him. I hope the best for him in Inter, but I would rather have defensive minded midfielder because, except Medel, our midfielders are not excel in defence.

Also, I hope we can quickly offload our surplus midfielders such as Brozovic and Medel because we already have too many central midfielders.

CoolMan44
02 Aug 17, 14:04
He's definitely not average. Not a world beater, but a very good player. And judging him based on how Fiorentina finished last season is ridiculous. Using that logic, we shouldn't be asking anywhere near 50 million for Perisic since we finished 7th in a shitty Serie A.

We've had a number of important players from teams that are below Fiorentina in the past like Icardi, T. Motta, Milito, Palacio. It's not as if T. Motta was considered a world beater by anyone here when we bought him. I'd actually put Vecino similar to him in terms of how valued they were before moving to Inter.

Nyall
02 Aug 17, 14:10
If he ends up being like Thiago Motta then I'll happily eat my words.

If we end up selling Kondogbia because of him, then I'll happily eat my words..

If neither occur then I guess we're used to mediocrity by now.

Big Willy
02 Aug 17, 14:33
Just look at that white tablecloth, we trollin' the shit out of, uhh... Pro Vercelli.

It was Real Madrid dude, that fuckers wanted to steal the deal.

Welcome Matthew Neighbor.

kameru
02 Aug 17, 14:39
the last time we bought two player from the same team it ended pretty well that season, hopefully it will repeated this season.

uzhang
02 Aug 17, 15:24
the last time we bought two player from the same team it ended pretty well that season, hopefully it will repeated this season.

Thuram & buffon ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vintage
02 Aug 17, 15:51
Thuram & buffon ??

milito and motta

Efrain21C
02 Aug 17, 18:30
Thuram & buffon ??

Wtf

Inter7
02 Aug 17, 19:12
Thuram & buffon ??

LMAO good times when we raided Parma /s

Rasha
02 Aug 17, 21:58
Welcome .. do your job so nyall have one less person to bitch about

n4l
02 Aug 17, 22:03
Welcome .. do your job so nyall have one less person to bitch about

that still leaves like 25+ people though

ADRossi
02 Aug 17, 22:49
Thuram & buffon ??

Rubentus fan confirmed

uzhang
03 Aug 17, 02:57
Rubentus fan confirmed

Well,
7 lose ini CL Final
Calciopoli
You can call me cheater Losertus fan

Nero Indigo
03 Aug 17, 10:53
that still leaves like 25+ people though

I actually propose that FIF should consider changing the most pessimistic icon from a thumbs down to just... Nyall.

Dogen
03 Aug 17, 13:32
Welcome Vecino.
I would call it another functional declaration of intent that reads: "We're gonna (try to) play football next season".

Time to use that addictive cartoon effect on a few more players.

JJM
03 Aug 17, 13:35
I actually propose that FIF should consider changing the most pessimistic icon from a thumbs down to just... Nyall.

begs the question how I share the award with him...FEEF be drunk

Guz
03 Aug 17, 13:41
Welcome Matias.

crzdcolombian
04 Aug 17, 02:00
we paid 24 million for him !!! OMG !!! WHY !! and we can't get 20 for Candeva, 13 for Jovetic, 12 for Murillo, 9 for Banega but paid 24 million for this fking guy !!!

I mean I am really really trying to be optimistic about him and next season ...... but man WTF !!!

Anne Marie
04 Aug 17, 02:35
A Medel with better tactical awareness? I remember watching him playing against Italy recently, he did nothing spectacular but perhaps without him doing final intercepts, Uruguay would have lost more than just 0-2. So, no Pirlo and no Motta here, just a better Medel in term of both skill and brain? And so Valero does not have to do too much dirty work recovering the ball, as he has done so magnificently vs. Chelsea. Don't expect anything over-reaching, but a more balanced and more secure defensive complex with him and perhaps a more durable Valero?

kameru
04 Aug 17, 02:38
No, we pay 12 + 12. :serious:

Wallace
04 Aug 17, 03:21
He is no Medel, his off ball runs and movements are great, he can actually cause some decent threat in the attack.

He's more like an all rounder like Benassi but better at recovering the ball, and off ball movement.

uzhang
04 Aug 17, 03:40
He'a more like Damiano Tommasi but better hair.

wera
04 Aug 17, 07:58
He is more like Messi, but without being a constant goal threat and without being an attacker, but with better tackling.

javier_zanetti <3
04 Aug 17, 14:02
An article by Michael Yokhin (Israeli - Russian writer that write to the Guardian, ESPN and etc) about Vecino's move to Inter. He wrote it in hebrew so i translated it in google translate and than i tried to improved it. I hope it's good enough:

When Fiorentina last year extended Matthias Vesino's contract to 2011 with a release clause of 24 million euros, it assumed it might be enough.
However, in terms of the current market it was too low. Luciano Spalletti asked explicitly, and Inter put on the table the amount required to win the services of the Uruguayan midfielder. The deal was finally completed yesterday, and it may not have made a very large media noise, but it can certainly be revealed as one of the most important moves of the summer in Italy. The constant improvement of Vesino's game may send him to the status of a real star, and the black-blue Milanese receive a gifted architect in the center of the field.

Even the great Uruguayan maestro gave the blessing of the road. Before the move he consulted and screened with Alvaro Recoba, one of the most beloved and admired foreigners in Inter's history. The young midfielder had a chance to play with El Chino in Nacional at the beginning of the decade, and the big star took him under his wing. Recoba encouraged the initial move to Florence in 2013, and now declared that his good friend was making the right move with the move to San Siro. "I know how important Albrus was for Inter," he said. As a modest man, he does not pretend to approach his level, but promises to do the work for Spalletti who intends to give him the keys in the center of the field. "I will do whatever the coach asks me to," declared the precious procurement.

This is exactly what he did in previous years in Italy, and this contributed greatly to his professional development. When he played in his native country, he was incorporated and filtered mainly as a Plymaker behind the pioneers or as a wing player - just as Recoba, which he tried to emulate. His inspiration was Zinedine Zidane. He took part in his youth group, Central Espanyol, from which he reached the Youth National team. He took part in the U20 South American Championship and scored the winning goal against Argentina which paved the way for the Olympic Games in London for the first time since 1928.

And before the flattering headlines he received then, a great bidding war broke out between the two grand clubs, Nacional and Penarol, over the services of the wonderkid who claimed that Zinedine Zidane was his prodigy. The whites were proud to take him to their ranks, but were forced to sell him to Fiorentina after a year and a half, and in Italy he found coaches who completely changed his life. After failing to acclimatize as a clear offensive player, Vecino sent to Empoli in loan in 2014/15 and met Mauricio Sarri. This was the season in which the former banker experienced sensational exposure on his way to Napoli, and his contribution to improving Empoli's players was enormous. He moved Vecino to the central midfield in the 3-3-4 formation, and received sufficient compensation. It turned out that this job was sewn on Vecino, and so he returned to Florence.

Sarri was anxious to take him to Napoli, as he had done with Hysaj and Valdifiori, but Fiorentina had entirely different plans. Paulo Sousa signed as coach, and the Portuguese - a great star as a central midfielder himself - knew exactly how to use Vecino. He set him up as a slightly more offensive player in the rear pair, and Vecino bloomed. Soon, he became a key player, was in the vast majority of the purple games in the past two years, and not only Naploli was interested in him. At one point, both Tottenham and Liverpool began to watch him closely, and the Reds' case could have been the closing of a wonderful circle, for Matthias's father had played in Liverpool himself.

Well, in practice it was "only" Liverpool Montevideo in Uruguay, but Mario Vecino was a good player, and from him the son inherited the love for the ball. In his hometown of San Jacinto, Mario was one of the most familiar and dominant characters, and a heavy mourning fell upon her when he was killed in a car accident in 2005. The small local stadium has since been named on him. Matthias, who was 14 at the time of the tragedy, took a long time to recover from it, and he still thinks of Dad constantly. He tattooed his signature on his arm, dedicated his goals to him, and imagined how he would react to his professional accomplishments.

One of the most difficult moments in this context was one of the greatest moments of Vasino when he was called to the national team by Coach Oscar Tabarez in March 2016. Until then, they were reports in Italy that he will play for the national team, because he could easily get citizenship because of his roots, but he was not yet on the right level , Antonio Conte did not think in his direction, and in any case the player declared that he dreamed only of the blue shirt of Uruguay. It was a long waiting, but the compensation was appropriate - premiere in the big battle against Brazil in Recife, in the World Cup qualifiers. It was a great game, Uruguay back from a draw to a dramatic 2:2 draw, and the veteran coach warmly praised his new apprentice after the final whistle, while Vecino thought mostly of Dad: "It hurts that he can not see it, because he would have enjoyed it all."

After the impressive performance, it is impossible to get Vecino out of the national team line up and he will play in next summer's World Cup if Uruguay qualifies for Russia. The move to Inter makes it clear that he can get there as a real star, and ambitions are high. "It's hard to tell if I'm like Sergio Busquets and Tony Cross, but these are the players I follow and try to learn from, they're not physically strong, but they get balls by their game intelligence, they know how to be in the right place at the right time" Says Vecino.

Stefano Pioli, who coached Inter last season and now signed in Fiorentina only to see the 26-year-old Uruguay leave for the ex-team, found another analogy: "Vecino is a great buy for the Nerazzurri, he's fantastic player that worth as Matuidi". This is probably also a better comparison. Spalletti's new star is not a classic regista like Busquets and Kroos, but more portable and burns larger areas during games. He has a good kick from a distance, and he also knows how to sneak into the square, as Inter found out when Fiorentina overcame it 4: 5 April in a particularly crazy game.

Now San Siro hopes that the new acquisition will justify the investment for them as well, and then its price may rise further. Recoba cross fingers

Efrain21C
05 Aug 17, 02:08
An article by Michael Yokhin (Israeli - Russian writer that write to the Guardian, ESPN and etc) about Vecino's move to Inter. He wrote it in hebrew so i translated it in google translate and than i tried to improved it. I hope it's good enough:

When Fiorentina last year extended Matthias Vesino's contract to 2011 with a release clause of 24 million euros, it assumed it might be enough.
However, in terms of the current market it was too low. Luciano Spalletti asked explicitly, and Inter put on the table the amount required to win the services of the Uruguayan midfielder. The deal was finally completed yesterday, and it may not have made a very large media noise, but it can certainly be revealed as one of the most important moves of the summer in Italy. The constant improvement of Vesino's game may send him to the status of a real star, and the black-blue Milanese receive a gifted architect in the center of the field.

Even the great Uruguayan maestro gave the blessing of the road. Before the move he consulted and screened with Alvaro Recoba, one of the most beloved and admired foreigners in Inter's history. The young midfielder had a chance to play with El Chino in Nacional at the beginning of the decade, and the big star took him under his wing. Recoba encouraged the initial move to Florence in 2013, and now declared that his good friend was making the right move with the move to San Siro. "I know how important Albrus was for Inter," he said. As a modest man, he does not pretend to approach his level, but promises to do the work for Spalletti who intends to give him the keys in the center of the field. "I will do whatever the coach asks me to," declared the precious procurement.

This is exactly what he did in previous years in Italy, and this contributed greatly to his professional development. When he played in his native country, he was incorporated and filtered mainly as a Plymaker behind the pioneers or as a wing player - just as Recoba, which he tried to emulate. His inspiration was Zinedine Zidane. He took part in his youth group, Central Espanyol, from which he reached the Youth National team. He took part in the U20 South American Championship and scored the winning goal against Argentina which paved the way for the Olympic Games in London for the first time since 1928.

And before the flattering headlines he received then, a great bidding war broke out between the two grand clubs, Nacional and Penarol, over the services of the wonderkid who claimed that Zinedine Zidane was his prodigy. The whites were proud to take him to their ranks, but were forced to sell him to Fiorentina after a year and a half, and in Italy he found coaches who completely changed his life. After failing to acclimatize as a clear offensive player, Vecino sent to Empoli in loan in 2014/15 and met Mauricio Sarri. This was the season in which the former banker experienced sensational exposure on his way to Napoli, and his contribution to improving Empoli's players was enormous. He moved Vecino to the central midfield in the 3-3-4 formation, and received sufficient compensation. It turned out that this job was sewn on Vecino, and so he returned to Florence.

Sarri was anxious to take him to Napoli, as he had done with Hysaj and Valdifiori, but Fiorentina had entirely different plans. Paulo Sousa signed as coach, and the Portuguese - a great star as a central midfielder himself - knew exactly how to use Vecino. He set him up as a slightly more offensive player in the rear pair, and Vecino bloomed. Soon, he became a key player, was in the vast majority of the purple games in the past two years, and not only Naploli was interested in him. At one point, both Tottenham and Liverpool began to watch him closely, and the Reds' case could have been the closing of a wonderful circle, for Matthias's father had played in Liverpool himself.

Well, in practice it was "only" Liverpool Montevideo in Uruguay, but Mario Vecino was a good player, and from him the son inherited the love for the ball. In his hometown of San Jacinto, Mario was one of the most familiar and dominant characters, and a heavy mourning fell upon her when he was killed in a car accident in 2005. The small local stadium has since been named on him. Matthias, who was 14 at the time of the tragedy, took a long time to recover from it, and he still thinks of Dad constantly. He tattooed his signature on his arm, dedicated his goals to him, and imagined how he would react to his professional accomplishments.

One of the most difficult moments in this context was one of the greatest moments of Vasino when he was called to the national team by Coach Oscar Tabarez in March 2016. Until then, they were reports in Italy that he will play for the national team, because he could easily get citizenship because of his roots, but he was not yet on the right level , Antonio Conte did not think in his direction, and in any case the player declared that he dreamed only of the blue shirt of Uruguay. It was a long waiting, but the compensation was appropriate - premiere in the big battle against Brazil in Recife, in the World Cup qualifiers. It was a great game, Uruguay back from a draw to a dramatic 2:2 draw, and the veteran coach warmly praised his new apprentice after the final whistle, while Vecino thought mostly of Dad: "It hurts that he can not see it, because he would have enjoyed it all."

After the impressive performance, it is impossible to get Vecino out of the national team line up and he will play in next summer's World Cup if Uruguay qualifies for Russia. The move to Inter makes it clear that he can get there as a real star, and ambitions are high. "It's hard to tell if I'm like Sergio Busquets and Tony Cross, but these are the players I follow and try to learn from, they're not physically strong, but they get balls by their game intelligence, they know how to be in the right place at the right time" Says Vecino.

Stefano Pioli, who coached Inter last season and now signed in Fiorentina only to see the 26-year-old Uruguay leave for the ex-team, found another analogy: "Vecino is a great buy for the Nerazzurri, he's fantastic player that worth as Matuidi". This is probably also a better comparison. Spalletti's new star is not a classic regista like Busquets and Kroos, but more portable and burns larger areas during games. He has a good kick from a distance, and he also knows how to sneak into the square, as Inter found out when Fiorentina overcame it 4: 5 April in a particularly crazy game.

Now San Siro hopes that the new acquisition will justify the investment for them as well, and then its price may rise further. Recoba cross fingers

Very interesting reading, gives you an idea of who Vecino is, I remember him playing well for Empoli, but I didn't know he was already owned by Fiorentina in that time

Rasha
05 Aug 17, 09:52
very interesting is when you quote 2km long post above yours

Hasan
05 Aug 17, 22:24
From "I want to be like Zidane" to "I am watching Busquets" in only 3 years.

Only in serie A.

wera
06 Aug 17, 16:38
What is wrong in trying to emulate Busquets? Is there a DM more comfortable on the ball than him?

InterFCAustin
06 Aug 17, 16:45
What is wrong in trying to emulate Busquets? Is there a DM more comfortable on the ball than him?
I dont think that's the point he's trying to make.
He's making fun of Seria A...being defensive league and stuff, vs the Primera.

CafeCordoba
06 Aug 17, 17:11
Well and without jokes, maybe he felt and understood that he won't become new Zidane so better find more comparable/realistic goal to achieve as a player.

M.Adnan
06 Aug 17, 17:31

maybe he felt and understood that he won't become new Zidane so better find more comparable/realistic goal to achieve as a player.

I think he meant that he wants to become a great actor.

Hasan
06 Aug 17, 22:14
What is wrong in trying to emulate Busquets?

Most disgusting player after Pavel Nedved in my opinion but that was not the point.

Wallace
06 Aug 17, 22:31
Busquets is like the best in his position putting his theatrics aside, nothing wrong, time to move to the next Gossip for the drama queens here.

Anne Marie
07 Aug 17, 01:33
How was he today?

TheNetworkZ
07 Aug 17, 01:48
How was he today?

He had a really good interception which lead to Jovetic's goal

king_elnino
07 Aug 17, 03:55

Only in serie A.

that's my friend Dream VS Reality.

Zoro
07 Aug 17, 04:02

Only in serie A.

I just think he means he goes from wanting to be a creative player to watching a player who breaks up play (both immense at what they do/did). He's saying only in Serie A they suck the creativity out of a player, I don't think he was talking about how good either is. His mentality completely changed. He has a point, any time we have creative players at this team they are sent away, it's so frustrating.

Sassuolu
07 Aug 17, 10:54
A Busquets gives a Zidane the liberty to do what he does so don't knock Busquets or he'll fall on the ground like a bitch, sorry I still can't compliment that turd.

Black Knight
07 Aug 17, 17:35

Only in serie A.

I thought two commonly used words for creative players, 'trequartista' and 'regista', are in fact Italian words.

Hasan
07 Aug 17, 22:29
That was way before when Capello, Trap, SGE and others where in charge. From all Italians coaches only Mancini lives in that period.

I love how Sarri, Conte or Spaletti have different ideas and all of them are pretty much top coaches.

And I really can't stand Mancini's type of coaches who will every talented midfielder convert into trequartista. He will not even try to learn player to move or run more. He will just give him AM role and instead of creating complete player he will create complete retard.

I feel really bad that Kovacic isn't here with Spaletti because He did wonders with Pjanic and Kovacic is way more complete than Pjanic was when Spaletti started coaching him.

Anne Marie
08 Aug 17, 00:38
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-gPnEQnjJ4

Fapuccino
08 Aug 17, 03:12
Out of all the new players, ironically Valero is the one I'm most looking forward to. Let's see how a Pirlo figure changes this team.

Armes
08 Aug 17, 06:02
He's been pretty much completely out of my radar. So a couple of question:

Why did we sign him in particular?
Why another midfielder?
Who's idea was it and what's his general expectation under Spalleti?

Quantum
09 Aug 17, 01:50
Probably because with a release clause of 24 million, he was doable and wouldn't cost us as much as other options.

Why another midfielder?
Medel will leave, Kondogbia might do the same. Even if they don't, he's better than the former and won't crumble with high expectations like the latter. Of course, nobody really has high expectations for him, but he'll more likely than not be alright at his job, unlike some overpaid, fancy French wannabes.

Someone at Inter has been watching a lot of Fiorentina matches and got us interested in Vecino and Borja Valero. Sabatini was out of a job before signing for us, so it's probably him. In all honesty, I clearly don't know who asked for him.
Spalletti has used Borja Valero next to Gagliardini against Chelsea in the pre-season, I wonder if Vecino's arrival will mean Valero will play a little further in attack on the pitch, leaving the Uruguayan to partner up with Gagliardini instead.

vitomins
09 Aug 17, 19:14
Poll opened. Will close in 7 days.

Il Drago
10 Aug 17, 13:47
VECINO: "I'VE COME TO INTER AT THE RIGHT TIME"
The Uruguayan midfielder responded to questions from fans live on Facebook and Inter Channel

MILAN – Questions rained down upon new signing Matias Vecino as he responded to fans live on the club’s Facebook page and on Inter Channel.

The first question was about fellow Uruguayan Alvaro Recoba who was also a teammate of Vecino’s at Nacional. “El Chino was one of the greatest Uruguayan footballers, as a child I used to follow Inter thanks to him. He had a really incredible foot. He called me as soon as he learnt of my move here, he was a great player and he’s a really great person. It would be nice to make my debut scoring two goals like he did but I play a different role…”

Vecino has arrived at Inter a few days ahead of his 26th birthday. “It’s the right time to arrive at a big team. I have my best years ahead of me as a player. I’ve developed a lot since I’ve been in Italy and now I’ll have to do even better. I was really happy when I heard of interest from Inter and I hoped that negotiations would finish as quickly as possible. There’s little need to think when such a prestigious club contacts you.”

Vecino was also asked about the role he will be used in by Spalletti. “As a young boy, I played as an attacking midfielder but I then moved back, playing as a defensive midfielder or central midfield. I like to get forward in order to exploit space but I’m completely available what the manager wants. Spalletti struck me with the way he teaches football, for his calmness and his ability in communicating his ideas. He wants to start the play from deep which is an idea that I like and am used to.”

The Uruguayan midfielder isn’t worried about the pressure of wearing a Nerazzurri shirt or playing in a stadium such as the San Siro. “It’s normal to feel pressure, we represent a lot of fans but I like to take on responsibility. I put pressure on myself to do better each day and to always improve. To play in a stadium like the San Siro is the dream of any player.”

His impressions of a new dressing room are all very positive: “Everybody has welcomed me very well, especially the South American group and Icardi. There’s a positive atmosphere, we’re training well ahead of the season’s opener. I’ve met up with Borja Valero again here who helped me a lot when I arrived in Florence and I’ve learnt a lot from him on the pitch. He’s a player with great intelligence who always knows what to do. Joao Mario was the player who impressed me the most, he’s very strong and practically knows how to do everything.”

Does he have a favourite player or shirt number? “I choice the number six, because out of all of those available, it’s the number I like the most. I’ve often worn eight in my career but the six is also very good for me. One of my reference points as a player is undoubtedly Juan Sebastian Veron. I’ve always looked to learn something from all of the great players, but he’s certainly the one I’ve followed the most.”

Finally, he shed some light on his personal life. “I have a two-year-old son, I spend my free time with him. I like to watch films and tennis, basically I’m a very laid-back person. Music? I listen to a bit of everything from Uruguayan rock to reggaeton. I’m on Facebook and Twitter. I still don’t have a nickname, you can all choose one…”
http://www.inter.it/en/news/59229/vecino-ive-come-to-inter-at-the-right-time

JJM
10 Aug 17, 14:14
https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20664059_1609105309139602_6652274733032379752_n.jp g?oh=d7990642a4652fbe229d001efbd8b692&oe=59F0916D

maboyfetty
10 Aug 17, 19:04
He's been pretty much completely out of my radar. So a couple of question:

Why another midfielder?

Spallletti specifically requested that we sign Vecino. He's an all-round midfielder who can pass, dribble, and take long shots. He's not as good on the ball as Valero but he's still quite decent and can contribute to protecting the back four as his defensive skills improved during the past two seasons. Valero is old and can't be expected to be starting every game, so Vecino seems like a pretty good signing to me

Il Drago
19 Aug 17, 07:32
He changed his number from 6 to 11.

ElDuccio
19 Aug 17, 09:10
11?:serious:

ADRossi
19 Aug 17, 17:38
He wants to follow in the footsteps of Ricky and Biabiany.

Wings
19 Aug 17, 18:27
If K-dog doesn't leave, we could have a CM pairing with 7-11 as their numbers.

kurt0411
19 Aug 17, 19:11
Why 11....does he think he's some tre quartista?

JJM
20 Aug 17, 14:18
https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20953620_1539034779450168_5968446411866505091_n.jp g?oh=85decc94d1ddf69ab9039c38ac42e011&oe=5A1863F7

ElDiego22
20 Aug 17, 14:50
What's with the dirty look on his face?

M.Adnan
20 Aug 17, 19:12
I've already made my decision after only 25 min into Inter-Fiorentina. Vecino is light years ahead of Kondogshit. His presence in midfield is constructive and he's more of a team player than that tool. Good job on swapping the two.

Now I know why Kondo wanted to leave at all costs after signing Vecino. He's seen him in training and realized that he's so bad that he stands no chance to compete with him.

Besnik
20 Aug 17, 19:46
haha you are being harsh adnan

but yeah vecino is a great player for us, he is playing simple and also he is a work-horse in the midfield

him and borja valero is another level to what we had over the past few years.

M.Adnan
20 Aug 17, 20:04
him and borja valero is another level to what we had over the past few years.

lol exactly you proved my point.

We've had shitheads like Medel, Kondogshit and Melo in midfield over the past few years (all Mancini's awesome work of art). They've had no clue what to do with the ball when going forward. Those were exactly our problem. Vecino and Valero are very comfortable with the ball and clearly play with confidence.

wera
20 Aug 17, 20:09
if not for two Icardi goals, Vecino is the player of the match so far

Ronin
20 Aug 17, 20:44
Very solid. Icardi, Skriniar and Vecino were the best.

surripere
20 Aug 17, 21:04
Nothing special, tidied up well at times, otherwise anonymous.

Wobblz
20 Aug 17, 21:07
Same here. Don't know but looked pretty invisible to me, which might as well be a good thing.

CoolMan44
20 Aug 17, 21:11

That's kind of the point. He's the type of player that you won't notice but that's because he does his job. He won a number of tackles, didn't get any pass wrong, moved the ball well, calm in possession.

Definitely not anonymous but rather does his job well. Excellent addition.

M.Adnan
20 Aug 17, 21:20

Compared to what we've had in the past few years, he's a big improvement.

Basically what we have is an upgrade from "midfielders" who can't make a string of simple passes into a normal human being who can atleast execute the basic jobs of a midfielder. That's a satisfying improvement in my book.

wera
20 Aug 17, 21:22
And he helps D'ambrosio a lot, he was always availlable to him.

Besnik
20 Aug 17, 21:52
just take an example from busquests, over the years he has been like a ghost under the key players like messi, iniesta or xavi but he has been an immense player for the team.

his game could not be attractive like dribbling opponents here and there but the guy plays a simple football, something which we have been lacking over the years though

spalletti knows what he is doing, with the newest additions we really improved our game this season... its still too early but really if we keep like this then we could say that we are finally playing like a real team.

firmino
20 Aug 17, 22:26
I already hate him. I can't help it. I have nothing against him personally but he's just an average player and we could have done so much more important things with that money.

So I think I'll refrain from posting here in the future.

CoolMan44
20 Aug 17, 22:28
How is he average? He did well winning the ball back, excellent passer, strong. Not to mention that he was our best midfielder today (along with Joao Mario).

What are the much more important things we could have done with 24 million?

M.Adnan
20 Aug 17, 22:29
we could have done so much more important things with that money.

You have a good point though. His cost is inexcusable. We've had no reason whatsoever to over-pay for him.

surripere
20 Aug 17, 23:04
That's kind of the point. He's the type of player that you won't notice but that's because he does his job. He won a number of tackles, didn't get any pass wrong, moved the ball well, calm in possession.

Definitely not anonymous but rather does his job well. Excellent addition.
I think you're overrating his performance, which was no better than average. I watched several misplaced passes and him being outmuscled on occasion. I'd prefer my midfielders to dominate rather than be anonymous. That said it's early days and his first proper game...just saying he doesn't look anything special.

Ziyad
20 Aug 17, 23:29
If Kdog had his performance people would be all over him. He is good for a sub role based solely on today's performance. Maybe with time he changes my mind.

La Brujita
20 Aug 17, 23:38
He's the rug that really ties the room together, Donny.

JJM
20 Aug 17, 23:55
He's the rug that really ties the room together, Donny.Fucking A!

Poslano z mojega F5121 z uporabo Tapatalk

CoolMan44
20 Aug 17, 23:56
I think you're overrating his performance, which was no better than average. I watched several misplaced passes and him being outmuscled on occasion. I'd prefer my midfielders to dominate rather than be anonymous. That said it's early days and his first proper game...just saying he doesn't look anything special.

I thought passing was mre of an issue with Borja Valero and Brozovic today.

connorconnor12
21 Aug 17, 00:22
He was solid and won a lot of key balls today

uzhang
21 Aug 17, 02:33
Before judge him
Lets see., whos better Strotman vs Vecino.

ChillBro
21 Aug 17, 06:12
He was just fine. Many here will underrate him because they thunk we paid too much, didn't need him, or that his coming cost us schick. But we have to try and just judge him based on his performance...and I thought he played well today.

wera
21 Aug 17, 06:14
I believe people should be happy it's Vecino there and not Medel or Gargano. Those days are over.

rfU
21 Aug 17, 07:32
Overpayed? Where were you guys when we signed Kondogbia?

Nero Indigo
21 Aug 17, 07:45
It's just one game guys, let him get his feet wet and dry off first.

From what I saw though, right now I'd put Gagliardini above him. Also if you guys think we got him to play clean up and chase the ball then he's definitely not worth the price we paid for him. I expect him to spread the ball and go on the offensive much more than I saw in this first game. Next week should be the real test, against Roma, I'll be keen to see if he's able to hold his own against that midfield.

M.Adnan
21 Aug 17, 08:13

For sure Milan have dodged a deadly bullet which we've taken in the ass unfortunately.

Vecino's been approved by Spalletti and Sabatini's team. On the other hand, Kondogbia's been approved by Mancini and Ausilio's team. Take a guess on the chances of each deal's success. Out of the trillion players approved by Mancini and Ausilio, only Perisic and Miranda have succeeded. I've never seen such a shockingly poor outcome.

rfU
22 Aug 17, 13:22
I expect him to spread the ball and go on the offensive much more than I saw in this first game.No no we have enough on the offense. Let him stick back and cover slow Valero and error-prone Miranda and inexperienced Skrnair.

Nyall
22 Aug 17, 13:27
I initially thought we overpaid but he's so much of an upgrade over Kondogbia and Medel that he's worth what we spent.

He isn't a liability going forward and tracks back.

junior55
22 Aug 17, 13:36

1st i think all agreed that we overpayed for Kondogbia. even the club accepted it but justified it with the fact that the price war with Milan increased the price.
Anyway Kondogbias potential was/is huge in comparison with Vecino.

Vecino is a normal player , in a normal mercato. Don't get me wrong he is a much needed teamplayer (think of sturaro at juve) but not the one who will give you trophies.

Therefore going and paying the release clause for this type of players does not show any skill by the directors. For me any amount would be too much if it is the release clause for this type of "normal" players.

varmin
22 Aug 17, 15:10
Anyway Kondogbias potential was/is huge in comparison with Vecino.
Potential - yes, but his final product - no.

Vecino is a normal player , in a normal mercato. Don't get me wrong he is a much needed teamplayer (think of sturaro at juve) but not the one who will give you trophies.
We don't fight for any trophies this season, except maybe the Coppa ( which is achievable with players like Vecino). Inter's target is top 4. And you can compare Sturaro to Medel but not to Vecino.

Therefore going and paying the release clause for this type of players does not show any skill by the directors. For me any amount would be too much if it is the release clause for this type of "normal" players.
No, a skill is needed to build a balanced and winning team for as less as possible money spent. There is no such definition as "normal" players as well. Every player has his own path to follow. Some reach their potential early, some older and some never do it. Naingollan also was "normal" player at Calgari. Arturo Vidal was "normal" before joined Jube.

ElDuccio
22 Aug 17, 15:37
Vecino like Sturaro? :trollol: Sturaro is shit.

wera
22 Aug 17, 15:44
Even if he isn't world class, players like that also win you trophies !)

Candreva Crosses
22 Aug 17, 17:58

https://shop.bild.de/res/product_550/resource_100674.jpg

wera
22 Aug 17, 19:38
Your point? Vecino reminds me of Motta, a player who was instrumental in our CL glory

Candreva Crosses
22 Aug 17, 22:46
Your point? Vecino reminds me of Motta, a player who was instrumental in our CL glory

Ricky Alvarez reminds me of Kaká.

firmino
23 Aug 17, 07:22

only if the team already has 3-4 champions.

wera
23 Aug 17, 09:31
How many winners did Leicester have when they won EPL?

There are no rules in football. You can't just buy 11 stars and think you'll win everything.

Sassuolu
23 Aug 17, 10:11
Champions does not mean champions in the literal sense, Italy uses the word Campioni for great players.

brehme1989
23 Aug 17, 10:25
Champions does not mean champions in the literal sense, Italy uses the word Campioni for great players.

I'd say the definition of 'campione' is big personality and great player combined. You could call Zanetti, Cambiasso, Samuel and in particular 'great' at that aspect and we also have had more such players like Maicon, Lucio, Eto'o and so on.

Can't figure out how many and which of our current players fit the bill.

Sassuolu
23 Aug 17, 10:52
Most of them still need to prove themselves but I consider Icardi, Valero, Miranda and Handanovic as players with good personalities and are all talented.

wera
24 Aug 17, 09:30
I think Handanović doesn't fit the bill, talented yes, mentally he is far from being a champion

Ronin
24 Aug 17, 13:22
(click to play)

ChillBro
24 Aug 17, 14:57
he just turned 26. too old now on FIF standards - time to sell.

Provenzano
24 Aug 17, 15:08
All the best Matías Vecino, as he turns 26 today and celebrates his first birthday as a Nerazzurri player!

Ronin
24 Aug 17, 15:25
(Click to play)

Another angle and longer.

Nyall
29 Aug 17, 21:55
He's gonna be really important to our team.

I'm sorta getting a Motta vibe from him

JJM
29 Aug 17, 22:07

shiiiiat maaan,we actually agree on smth...best negative member buddies?!

Pimpin
29 Aug 17, 22:10
we always get that motta vibe whenever we sign average midfielders that can't do anything good other than pass sideways lmao

CoolMan44
29 Aug 17, 22:11

But I thought he was a crappy player from an 8th place team.

qb4ever_2k
30 Aug 17, 03:43
we always get that motta vibe whenever we sign average midfielders that can't do anything good other than pass sideways lmao

This guy runs up and down the pitch so not really Thiago Motta, more of Gargano vibe to me.

nutsncider
30 Aug 17, 03:44

The guy can score goals too, so we've got that going for us.

ChillBro
30 Aug 17, 04:10
Full fif meltdown against this guy is about to reignite if we don't sign a solid cb and good winger in the next 2 days.

Lots of bitching about how money spent on him was what coat us schick, Keita, etc.

thatdude
30 Aug 17, 13:12
Full fif meltdown against this guy is about to reignite if we don't sign a solid cb and good winger in the next 2 days.

Lots of bitching about how money spent on him was what coat us schick, Keita, etc.

I don't think that's going to happen as long as he continues to perform.

M.Adnan
31 Aug 17, 10:35
Actually, Vecino is now a very important signing because someone had decided to skip trainings and request to leave for Valencia. We've also replaced Banega with Valero who can't play a full game apparently.

Sassuolu
31 Aug 17, 11:22
Actually, Vecino is now a very important signing because someone had decided to skip trainings and request to leave for Valencia. We've also replaced Banega with Valero who can't play a full game apparently.

Pretty sure he played 90 minutes against Roma and was excellent.

Ronin
31 Aug 17, 11:47
We would've needed to buy a midfielder anyway after Kondogbia left. Spalleti asked for Vecino and he got him. Nothing wrong here.

Ronin
01 Sep 17, 10:32
He did a good job vs Messi.

thatdude
02 Sep 17, 05:45
Vecino vs Argentina. Great match by him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMs14GMsdXE

ElDuccio
06 Sep 17, 21:52
According to Mundo Deportivo he was also great against Paraguay. Good to know, seems like Gagliardini will be benched again at this point.

n4l
06 Sep 17, 22:02
Gags will be fine. He is 23. When Vecino was 23, he was still developing, as is Gags.

Palacio
07 Sep 17, 10:52
According to Mundo Deportivo he was also great against Paraguay. Good to know, seems like Gagliardini will be benched again at this point.

Agreed.

firmino
07 Sep 17, 10:58
It's not so automatic that gags will improve. He has the potential but to develop it, that's another thing. Some do, some don't. Montolivo and aquilani looked like they would be able in a few years to set the world on fire when they were young.

ElDuccio
07 Sep 17, 15:10
Aquilani wasnt bad at all. Montolivo always sucked.

Jane The Virgin
07 Sep 17, 15:37
So did he score the goal for argentina, or was it an own goal? I saw the highlights now, and it looked like he scored the goal, but on flashscore app says it was an own goal...

Adriano@10
07 Sep 17, 15:45
So did he score the goal for argentina, or was it an own goal? I saw the highlights now, and it looked like he scored the goal, but on flashscore app says it was an own goal...

Wrong thread?
Also i think it was an own goal have not seen a vid where you see it clearly but most sites put it as an og.

Jane The Virgin
07 Sep 17, 22:07
Yeah sorry, wrong thread. Dont know how i posted this here. Thanks for the answer.

CoolMan44
16 Sep 17, 17:38
Did well when he came on.

ChillBro
17 Sep 17, 06:37
Did well when he came on.

Agreed but our midfield was still so shit throughout. He did a good job when he came on but we still didn't look fluid at all.

Wallace
17 Sep 17, 08:25
Nah, he still made a shit load of mispasses just as Gargliadini, even though he was less slugguish.

I think it was more about how well Crotone pressed our back, everyone struggled with forward passes.

Adriano@10
17 Sep 17, 13:57
Nah, he still made a shit load of mispasses just as Gargliadini, even though he was less slugguish.

I think it was more about how well Crotone pressed our back, everyone struggled with forward passes.
Agree i think crotone is not getting enough credit for what they did against us. They ran a lot and made it really hard for our midfield to impose our game. Imho part of why we looked better with vecino is because from the 60 min on you could clearly see that they are getting tired and cant keep up their pressing anymore. Not saying Vecino was not beter than gags but imho we would have looked better towards the end of the game even with gags on the field.

firmino
20 Sep 17, 09:21
if vecino were a predator animal, he would die of starvation within 3 days. the way he let verdi go, it was just terrible.

Ronin
20 Sep 17, 09:25
Should've fouled him. Yellow card > goal.

Materazzi_23
20 Sep 17, 09:25
if vecino were a predator animal, he would die of starvation within 3 days. the way he let verdi go, it was just terrible.

Agreed, It's looks like he is missing the agression needed for his position. Even though we only had 5 games I don't see why we bought him for that amount of money. Especially if you realise we lack depth in our squad in other positions.

surripere
24 Sep 17, 15:41
Great game, excellent in the second half. He's performance apart from the three points was the best thing about the match. Made that position his own, great to see.

javier_zanetti <3
24 Sep 17, 20:57
He's improving, Vs Bologna he was the only one who was fine and today he did very well. I understand why Spalletti wanted him, hes very intelligent and never stops working.

CoolMan44
25 Sep 17, 01:50
Much improved in the second half. I'm hesitant to blame too many of our players as it seems our entire team suffers in the first half of most games. It's a system issue rather than Valero or Gagliardini or Vecino being shit.

ChillBro
25 Sep 17, 15:34
^ agreed. too much passivity in the midfield to start. its a lot like dalbert -everyone is hesitant to drive forward or attack too much.

He played well but I want to see more driving forward, more running and more attacking movement.

F U C K MILAN
02 Oct 17, 08:20
So far I see nothing special in him,he lacks aggression, weak in the tackle, and his passing is very medicore...I would play gags over him for now.... at least we know what gags is capable of on a good day

Harpsabu
02 Oct 17, 09:08
So far I see nothing special in him,he lacks aggression, weak in the tackle, and his passing is very medicore...I would play gags over him for now.... at least we know what gags is capable of on a good day

what?? I thought yesterday was his best match with us. He controlled the midfield alone.

Demokritos
02 Oct 17, 10:02

We were looking at a different match tho...
he is one of our most aggressive players on pitch, has 4 successful tackles in the game plus decent ball control and distribution.
Are people expect a naingolan from a 24M player?

F U C K MILAN
02 Oct 17, 10:26
Just my opinion yall...not that impressed so far

M.Adnan
02 Oct 17, 10:46
For starters, Vecino is a massive upgrade over that sorry excuse of a midfielder called Kondogbia. Therefore, signing him and loaning out Kondogbia was an automatic upgrade to our midfield.

Secondly, he's an all around midfielder. He's not special at anything, but he has almost no weak points. What we have here is a midfielder who is good at defending, attacking and good football intelligence. Keep in mind that I've said 'good' but not 'excellent'.

Maybe the closest comparison is a CM Stankovic minus the excellent shots, but Vecino seems to be more reliable and less error prone than Stankovic with a bit more tactical awareness. He's a team player that balances out your midfield.

F U C K MILAN
02 Oct 17, 10:50
Upgrade to kondogbia is for sure and I completely agree ... I just hope he won't always start over gags

uny_arturo
02 Oct 17, 11:22
Having Gags and Vecino in our team is a blessing. Vecino is much more commanding in defence though. His forward passing may be less accurate but his dribbling is above far for a DM.

Candreva Crosses
02 Oct 17, 12:07
Were I the only one watching Vecino making headless run to win over the ball at their half of the field leaving Valero alone on the counter attack?

Ziyad
02 Oct 17, 13:54
I still don't see it. Besides that amazing run he had game before last,he seems to me a glorified kuzmanovic. I seriosuly hope Iam wrong here.

Batman
02 Oct 17, 14:34
I think Vecino is hugely underrated around here. Cant believe how people say he is nothing special, dude's composure on the ball is amazing and he is pretty comfortable on the ball too, he is way faster than Gagliardini and his forward passes are better. His defensive game isnt bad too. I dont know what do people here expect from a player in Vecino's position, dribble past the whole team and score screamers?

Harpsabu
02 Oct 17, 14:50
I think Vecino is hugely underrated around here. Cant believe how people say he is nothing special, dude's composure on the ball is amazing and he is pretty comfortable on the ball too, he is way faster than Gagliardini and his forward passes are better. His defensive game isnt bad too. I dont know what do people here expect from a player in Vecino's position, dribble past the whole team and score screamers?

Nianggolan. Even he has to play higher up the field to strive though

ScottishInterista
02 Oct 17, 14:52
The only reason he disappointed me is with the amount of times our midfield left the defence exposed on the counter. Happened numerous times throughout the game

M.Adnan
02 Oct 17, 14:56
Were I the only one watching Vecino making headless run to win over the ball at their half of the field leaving Valero alone on the counter attack?

That's the problem with Valero. I've said before that Valero isn't suited for a 2-man midfield. Vecino is more suited in that formation and would be better partnered with Gagliardini. Valero is too old/slow and defensively weak.

There was this occasion against Benevento in which Valero has made a bad pass that resulted in a quick dangerous counter attack. It was Vecino who tracked back quickly for the counter while Valero looked helpless.

Rasha
02 Oct 17, 15:30
Nianggolan. Even he has to play higher up the field to strive though

yepp.. like you have nianggolans all over the world

Harpsabu
02 Oct 17, 16:30
yepp.. like you have nianggolans all over the world

I wasn't criticising, i was making the exact point you are. People are expecting vecino to be nianggolan

Rasha
02 Oct 17, 18:11
sorry than my bad

Glass box
02 Oct 17, 18:29
I prefer him and Valero at the moment. At least until Mario and Gagliardini get out of whatever they are into now.

K.I.
02 Oct 17, 18:54
Vecinno - Gagliradini would be a good 2 man midfield but they have to rotate with each other since they are the only DMs available.

Wings
02 Oct 17, 20:38
The only reason he disappointed me is with the amount of times our midfield left the defence exposed on the counter. Happened numerous times throughout the game

At times it feels like all three MFs are too eager to get forward without making sure there's someone covering.

Candreva Crosses
02 Oct 17, 23:44
That's the problem with Valero. I've said before that Valero isn't suited for a 2-man midfield. Vecino is more suited in that formation and would be better partnered with Gagliardini. Valero is too old/slow and defensively weak.

There was this occasion against Benevento in which Valero has made a bad pass that resulted in a quick dangerous counter attack. It was Vecino who tracked back quickly for the counter while Valero looked helpless.

I don't think that's the problem with Valero but with the tactics. Why is Vecino keep on doing that and leaving us vulnerable? I'm not basing this 1 critic on him for his overall performance. I have no problems with Vecion, I think he should start so many games as possible but I don't understand the headless run. If Spalletti want him to play like that then we need to have a 4-3-3 and not 4-2-3-1...

Lol, just realized I pretty much said the same thing as you did.

danz
03 Oct 17, 05:06
I like him so far, he is the reason why we keep moving the balls forward and try to create a chance, imo, especially last game.

JJM
06 Oct 17, 14:14
In Uruguay - Vecino MVP nello 0-0 col Venezuela

thatdude
15 Oct 17, 21:44
This guy had a really good 2nd half today. Started slowly but actually seemed to gain steam as the game went on.

Couple of lung bursting runs that Zanetti would be proud of. He should have scored that chance that Candreva put on a plate for him though, also probably should have shot instead of passing to Icardi when he was basically on the door step with just Donnarumma to beat.

Javier'sSon
15 Oct 17, 21:54
He's unpredictable, hopefully in a good way.

He can shoot, thread a pass, dribble, tackle, you just don't know how consistent he'll be at any of those. Still on the fence if he's a jack of all trades and master of none or if he's actually quite good at many of those skills and you can't anticipate what he'll do as an opponent player and that should be to his advantage.

We'll have to wait and see if Spalletti keeps picking him to find out I guess.

andrei
15 Oct 17, 22:16
He played in the second half better. Nothing against him, good player. Still, we should have kept Kondog and use those millions on other positions like CB.

Harpsabu
15 Oct 17, 22:25
He played in the second half better. Nothing against him, good player. Still, we should have kept Kondog and use those millions on other positions like CB.

No we shouldnt have. He is so much better than kondogbia.

M.Adnan
15 Oct 17, 22:55
Still, we should have kept Kondogbia and use those millions on other positions like CB.

No chance in hell.

Replacing Kondogbia with Vecino and Murillo with Skriniar has upgraded us from a mid-table team into a top 3 challenger. Kondogbia with that Vecino run would've made a flashy useless somersault delaying the counter and then pass it to Romagnoli. We've seen enough of that.

ScottishInterista
15 Oct 17, 22:55
Liked him, his bursting run through the middle to back heel to icardi was great

M.Adnan
15 Oct 17, 23:02
I'm surprised with his runs. I thought that he's just some kind of a hard-working midfielder with average attacking capabilities (something like Stankovic). He actually has more skills and vision than I thought. His movements and making himself available for a pass is also impressive.

andrei
15 Oct 17, 23:05
No chance in hell.

Replacing Kondogbia with Vecino and Murillo with Skriniar has upgraded us from a mid-table team into a top 3 challenger. Kondogbia with that Vecino run would've made a flashy useless somersault delaying the counter and then pass it to Romagnoli. We've seen enough of that.

We can agree to disagree. Kdog is playing very well at Valencia as a DM. We could have used Kdog as pure destroyer along Valero and deploy someone like Brozo or Mario as a AM. Now we have no DM to play 4-2-3-1. That is the reason I say 4-3-3 is better for us in this moment.

surripere
15 Oct 17, 23:22
Yeah K-Dog makes for a better DM, but Vecino is a better CM box to box, under pressure he's cooler on the ball too, also a better passer and finisher. Therefore, overall he's the better option, if an expensive one.

Sqnalkel
16 Oct 17, 02:53
No chance in hell.

Conversely Kondogbia has upgraded Valencia to a top 3 challenger in La Liga.

javier_zanetti <3
16 Oct 17, 05:33
Gets better and better in each game. Yesterday he had some errors, but he never stops running and always trys to do the best for the team. His run, that lead to the penalty corner, was brilliant.

Ronin
16 Oct 17, 08:26
Vecino + Kondogbia would make a good duo.

Kdog linked up good with Gags. Vecino is a better version of Gags. Basic math. :pazzini:

Sassuolu
16 Oct 17, 08:30
Conversely Kondogbia has upgraded Valencia to a top 3 challenger in La Liga.

Well with that logic Vecino upgraded to a 2nd place team.

andrei
16 Oct 17, 09:09
No chance in hell.

And here lies the problem. Kdog would probably made exactly what you say! But how many types of this actions has Vecino, one or two per game and I do not remember if one of those lead us to a goal.
Kdog play in a 2 man CM. He as a DM and Parejo playmaker. And looks good. Kdog breakdown the opposition attack and Parejo, who is quite similar with Borja, can distribute the ball to the wings or forwards. Valencia has a devastated counterattack. And most of them go through the wings.
The problem is we do not have a DM now who could wrestle with opponents MD. Valero is not effective as a trequartista. And a pivot of Vecino-Gags is not enough to break down the attacks.

rfU
16 Oct 17, 09:09
Kondogbia with that Vecino run would've made a flashy useless somersault delaying the counter and then pass it to Romagnoli. We've seen enough of that.Lol

with average attacking capabilities (something like Stankovic)Not the biggest Stanko fan but he was far from average. Those long range shots...

ElDiego22
16 Oct 17, 12:34
Vecino has been our best midfielder so far. We just need to find a reliable partner for him.

M.Adnan
16 Oct 17, 12:42
Not the biggest Stanko fan but he was far from average. Those long range shots...

I meant his dribbling/technique/skills/etc were average. His shots are the only world class attacking ability that he's had.

JJM
16 Oct 17, 13:07
Borja was actually fucking good as an AM yesterday...you guys on crack?!
He knows that position well,he played it at Fiora last couple of seasons ffs...

Borja and Vecino are doing their jobs satisfactory...

Gags...not so fucking much,he was pretty shiat with Nagalolo yesterday tbh

We would look awesomely fit with dis

Starters:
Vecino-Torreira
Borja

Subs:
Gags-Brozo
Mario

SMS is like Brozo,we don't need him if we have Brozo here...and his cost is insane
We don't have a ball back winner and a player who can dribble his way out of trouble at the back(Skriniar with strength tho)
Torreira would be awesome in Spallo's style of play because he can do said things

Samp are playing lovely tbh and Torreira is a big reason for it...he isn't a Medel at all...his long range passes are pretty sick as well tbh

andrei
16 Oct 17, 15:56
Borja was actually fucking good as an AM yesterday...you guys on crack?!
He knows that position well,he played it at Fiora last couple of seasons ffs...

Borja and Vecino are doing their jobs satisfactory...

Gags...not so fucking much,he was pretty shiat with Nagalolo yesterday tbh

We would look awesomely fit with dis

Starters:
Vecino-Torreira
Borja

Subs:
Gags-Brozo
Mario

SMS is like Brozo,we don't need him if we have Brozo here...and his cost is insane
We don't have a ball back winner and a player who can dribble his way out of trouble at the back(Skriniar with strength tho)
Torreira would be awesome in Spallo's style of play because he can do said things

Samp are playing lovely tbh and Torreira is a big reason for it...he isn't a Medel at all...his long range passes are pretty sick as well tbh

No one is on crack here. Borja is good even if he plays AM or DLP. The problem is his age. He cannot play AM for entire game. After 60min he is dead.
I still prefer him in a 4-3-3 as a DLP with two Box to box MF, namely Vecino and Mario. But that means Perisic and Candreva must drift inside more often.

surripere
16 Oct 17, 16:39
Liked Valero yesterday, he played well. But yeah he's only good for 60m or so.

ChillBro
16 Oct 17, 17:33
Vecino played well - with gags and Valero in the midfield I feel like the opposition midfield gets lulled to sleep with our short passing game and then whenever vecino decides to be direct and take off on a run, everyone on the opposition gets woken up and is taken by surprise. Vecino should do that more - he has the chance to be most direct of all our midfielders and seems to be good at that.

PHM1605
16 Oct 17, 19:14
No chance in hell.

Replacing Kondogbia with Vecino and Murillo with Skriniar has upgraded us from a mid-table team into a top 3 challenger.
You forget the most important piece on the bench ;)

Guz
16 Oct 17, 20:00
He should have taken the shot after his spectacular last minute run instead of giving the ball to Icardi, who clearly didn't expect the passage any more. Thank God we got the penalty.
Anyway, he played very well; he bossed their midfield during the first half and when they switched system he was our only midfielder who still had something left in his tank to support the attack (Borja ran out of gas around the hour of play, Gagliardini pretty much kept his position and we sorely missed Mario and/or Brozo's change of pace during the second half).

wera
17 Oct 17, 01:41
Am i the only one who thinks that he is our best midfielder right now? Of all our 5 midfielders, he needs to be on the pitch every time. He isn't the big signing a lot of us were wanting to see (I dreamt of players like Kroos), but he does the job done.

As far as I can see, Spalletti deploys his players in a similar fashion as Mancini, just with more structure in attack. I am pretty sure Vecino wouldn't be as good under Mancini's reign. Just like we already saw with Perišić and Candreva, Vecino also doesn't stop running like he has stamina cheat codes. And he doesn't just run forward in a straight line like Nagatomo does - I saw him, Brozo, Icardi and Joao Mario making some diagonal runs to open up space.

Mostly what he needs to work on is his first touch and decision making, but truthfully, he hasn't really done many mistakes on the pitch. Like some of you already mentioned, he brings stability where Kdog brought none. It seems like Kdog wasn't really interested in playing in Italy. Maybe he'll come back a different player, who knows. But he is def one or more steps behind Vecino.

CoolMan44
17 Oct 17, 05:11
I really like him. Plays his heart out, really celebrates each goal, and is a good player too. It would be good if we can get some more goals from him this season.

A.l.i
17 Oct 17, 06:16
He should've scored that Kroos like bottom corner finish tbh from the edge of the box. Donnaruma was beaten.

indro1908
17 Oct 17, 10:46
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlPWcvksqZY

Caecuban
21 Oct 17, 11:01
He was amazing vs Milan. It was a shame he did not score yet on the many times he pushed forward.

M.Adnan
21 Oct 17, 15:25
He was amazing vs Milan. It was a shame he did not score yet on the many times he pushed forward.

It's because his shooting is mediocre which is a shame for someone who's comfortable in running forward with the ball, standing in good shooting positions and moving very well off the ball. He's also comfortable with fast one-touch passes in small spaces so I don't how he fucks up with similar shooting.

Black Knight
21 Oct 17, 18:13

He scored vs Roma

ScottishInterista
21 Oct 17, 20:50
https://streamable.com/sjnwh

Great run from him, unlucky not to score or get an assist from it

Ziyad
21 Oct 17, 20:58
2 amazing runs in the toughest two games of the season. If he keeps this up along with a result at the end of the run he will be a beast.

M.Adnan
21 Oct 17, 21:03
Our best and most contributing midfielder this season.