PDA

View Full Version : Alessandro Bastoni

Pages : [1] 2 3

ADRossi
31 Aug 17, 14:47
The contract is shown as deposited on the official Serie A website.

http://www.inter.it/en/news/59433/bastoni-is-a-nerazzurri-player

AlessandroBastoni is now an Inter player. The club can confirm the permanent signing of the 18-year-old defender from Atalanta B.C.

However, FC Internazionale have in turn agreed that he will now remain with Atalanta on a two-year loan deal.

indro1908
31 Aug 17, 14:56
hopefully spalleti still at inter when bastoni came back from loan to inter,,with spalleti he will be great,,

ElDiego22
31 Aug 17, 15:10
Right decision to send him back to Atalanta. Bastoni would turn to Ranocchia no.2 if he move straight to Inter.

ScottishInterista
31 Aug 17, 15:24
have we announced him yet or are we still waiting for the drawing

firmino
31 Aug 17, 15:27
bastoni, not bastioni.

Dalbert
31 Aug 17, 15:43
have we announced him yet or are we still waiting for the drawing

http://www.inter.it/en/news/59433/bastoni-is-a-nerazzurri-player

ADRossi
31 Aug 17, 16:37
bastoni, not bastioni.

Leave it to the Serie A official website to screw that up

DARi0
31 Aug 17, 17:50
I read that we are going to pay €8m for him.

With players like Issa Diop and Juan Foyth available for this price, I only hope we made the right choice. Time will tell.

thatdude
01 Sep 17, 01:07
I read that we are going to pay €8m for him.

With players like Issa Diop and Juan Foyth available for this price, I only hope we made the right choice. Time will tell.

Foreign is not always better.

thatdude
01 Sep 17, 20:52
Interesting caption on his instagram under the video with him and Kessie.

JJM
01 Sep 17, 20:58
Interesting caption on his instagram under the video with him and Kessie.If you would be so kind to share...if you already said it

thatdude
02 Sep 17, 01:55
If you would be so kind to share...if you already said it

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVkEnUcHzfn/

JJM
02 Sep 17, 01:59
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVkEnUcHzfn/I don't get it,his friend went to Bbilan so what?!

thatdude
02 Sep 17, 02:07
I don't get it,his friend went to Bbilan so what?!

Lol, it's the hashtag #mynigga.

In Italy less people care about these things, in US he would have already caught shit and took it down. Especially as a pro athlete

ScottishInterista
02 Sep 17, 03:11
I'm surprised he hasn't been told to take it down. Not good publicity after the lemar ball incident

Universe
02 Sep 17, 03:25
Alessandro "#mynigga" Bastoni

Black Knight
02 Sep 17, 06:45
Tbf it's only in the English-speaking world, especially the US, that it's a particularly offensive word. And that's because of its connotation to slavery. In Italy and the Mediterranean, not as much. Do you remember Lazio's Paulo Negro?

firmino
02 Sep 17, 08:31
not many people here know what "nigga" means. and those who know are mostly among people who love rap, where the word "nigga" kind of loses its derogatory meaning (as long as it's another black person using it): i bet that's where bastoni heard the word.

so i guess bastoni didn't have bad intentions, although i would strongly suggest him not to use the word in the future.

as for paolo negro, his last name probably comes from latin (niger --> black, for whatever reason it became the last name of his forefathers).

Wobblz
02 Sep 17, 09:07
Erm, again, it's black in Spanish...

firmino
02 Sep 17, 10:54
Erm, again, it's black in Spanish...

Every language has its own evolution. "Pelo" means hair in Spanish, animal hair in Italian.

Universe
02 Sep 17, 10:57
Before self-medicating on this fine Saturday night, let us self-moderate and nip this discussion in the bud.

firmino
02 Sep 17, 10:58
I don't see what is wrong in that discussion but if it's such a touchy subject... I was trying to explain how it could have been from bastoni's perspective.

thatdude
02 Sep 17, 13:13
Before self-medicating on this fine Saturday night, let us self-moderate and nip this discussion in the bud.

Exactly, I took a risk pointing it out. Let's just stop here before it gets out of hand

Tombatu
04 Sep 17, 04:46
Today, Atalanta handed a debut to yet another exciting youngster and Alessandro Bastoni did not disappoint.
Atalanta are hardly strangers to producing incredible youth players. When you think of their famous youth academy which has produced the likes of Pippo Inzaghi, Riccardo Montolivo, Luca Cigarini, Manolo Gabbiadini, Giampaolo Pazzini, Simone Zaza and Giacomo Bonaventura, it should come as no surprise when they are dubbed Italy’s talent factory. Most recently, they have produced a fresh batch of talented youngsters such as Franck Kessie, Mattia Caldara, Marco Sportiello, Andrea Conti and Filippo Melegoni among others. Today, it was Alessandro Bastoni’s turn to make a name for himself.

Born in Lombardy on April 13 1999, the centre-back played 90 minutes for Atalanta as they beat Sampdoria 1-0 in Bergamo to stay 6th and continue their great season as they push for a European place. Bastoni scored a 7.7 match rating in this game on whoscored.com and won two aerial duels, made five interceptions, and won two tackles in what was a fantastic Serie A debut.

The impressive 17-year-old also made four successful clearances, had a 78 per cent pass completion rate and perhaps most importantly, conceded zero fouls in a highly accomplished debut. Although it’s important not to overhype him yet, you can’t help but be extremely excited about what is ahead for the highly talented defender.

If he continues to impress as he did tonight, there will be no shortage of suitors for his services and Atalanta’s reputation as the nursery of Italy will continue to grow as they prove yet again that they have the best youth academy in all of Italy. #IFD

Bastoni is an interesting prospect but tbh I prefer Caldara. An Interista and proven CB at such a young age. Juve did the best to get the young def signature with 15m. I believe Caldara is the best young CB in Italy better than both Rugani and Romagnoli. On positive note, Bastoni is the one whom Caldara described 'better than me'. Maybe when Caldara join Jube next season, Bastoni will show his worth in Bergamo.
Barecca-Skriniar-Caldara-Dalbert for another CL trophy.

DARi0
20 Oct 17, 16:05
Inter starlet ‘inspired by Ramos’

Inter and Italy Under-18 defender Alessandro Bastoni has revealed that “I’m inspired by Sergio Ramos.”

Bastoni joined Inter over the summer from Atalanta but immediately returned to the Orobici on a two-year loan, and the Italy U18 captain did not mention any of the Azzurri’s legendary defenders when asked about his role model in football.

“I’m inspired by Sergio Ramos: he’s not a classic defender that’s big or tall, but one who likes to build up attacks and play football,” he told L’Ultimo Uomo.

“I was also lucky enough to develop in the youth sector of Atalanta, where they teach you so much from a technical point of view.

“They always taught me how to play on the deck, and that’s what I do now.

“Nowadays, midfielders with good feet are practically always marked man-to-man by the opposing team, so I think the responsibility of defenders will grow further in time.

“I don’t know whether it’s easier or more difficult now, but today there’s a lot more organisation from a tactical point of view, so it’s not just defenders that have the task of defending, but rather the whole team.

“If it then starts from the forwards, that makes for a good defensive phase and the defenders make it easier for them.

“At the same time, however, defenders participate in the build-up phase and forwards also benefit from their ‘skill’.

“Gasperini? He helped us so much. Although our training sessions weren’t particularly long, the intensity of the sessions, training matches and game concepts, which impressed us, helped me so much, also for when I’m with the national team.

“I think the difficult thing about the transition from Primavera to the first team is adapting to the intensity of the game.

“It takes you a little while to understand what Gasperini wants from you, but once you understand it and remember to stay in front of your man, it’s a style of marking that bears many fruits.

“Two defenders always focus in front [of their man], while the other one covers.

“Often when you recover the ball, you’re practically on goal and so many of our goals came from a defender winning the ball back.”

Seems like a smart guy :notbad:

Caecuban
29 Oct 17, 11:30
He needs to start getting some minutes for Atalanta. Not much of a point on loaning for 2 years if he doesn't get any playing time.

junior55
29 Oct 17, 11:57
He needs to start getting some minutes for Atalanta. Not much of a point on loaning for 2 years if he doesn't get any playing time.

We would have not been able to buy him at all if we didn't agree to loan him back for 2 years.
He is just a prospect at its best. 90% of the cases this kind of players gets used in future transfer deals and never wears our shirt , type of Caprari.

It was just a sunning move to rival Juves domination in italian players market so i wouldn't lose my sleep in monitoring Bastoni.
If he turns out good than great if not he will hopefully have some value in negotiation....

ADRossi
29 Oct 17, 22:49

Their youth development is the best in the country. Even if he never plays, you know he's receiving quality coaching.

crzdcolombian
30 Oct 17, 14:13
Their youth development is the best in the country. Even if he never plays, you know he's receiving quality coaching.

Then why don’t we raid their youth system for coaching, Scouts and management ?

Adriano@10
30 Oct 17, 15:44
Then why don’t we raid their youth system for coaching, Scouts and management ?

Ahh scouting for atalanta and inter is not the same game. Also i think only in terms of scouts it s hard to say if Atalanta really is better if you look at the results of the primavera to determine the quality of scouting then i m pretty sure we did a better job.

The problem we have is the transition to the first team and this will always be way harder at a club like inter compared to a club like Atalanta!

Also we should nto forget that determining which u18 player is more talented is extremely hard and so many factors have an influence that it is almost impossible.

Lets not forget that when CR7 and quaresma were still youth players the majority of the footballing world judged Quaresma to be the more talented player and look how different these two careers turned out.

Sassuolu
30 Oct 17, 15:47
When is Caldara fucking off to Juve? That's when he'll get more minutes.

DARi0
14 Dec 17, 14:57
The match against Pordenone gave Inter’s management team more indications in regards to what the squad needs. According to Premium Sport, there will be no major deals done in the January market.

Young Atalanta centre-back Bastoni who has already been purchased for 10 million euro, was originally scheduled to join Inter in the summer, however Atalanta coach Gasperini has not started the player often and Inter need cover fore the injured Vanheusden, therefore he will be brought in immediately.

Inter are still awaiting developments regarding midfield Bryan Cristante, who has been valued around 40 million euros by Atalanta who do not want to deprive themselves of player in January.

firmino
14 Dec 17, 15:07
The match against Pordenone gave Inter’s management team more indications in regards to what the squad needs. According to Premium Sport, there will be no major deals done in the January market.

Young Atalanta centre-back Bastoni who has already been purchased for 10 million euro, was originally scheduled to join Inter in the summer, however Atalanta coach Gasperini has not started the player often and Inter need cover fore the injured Vanheusden, therefore he will be brought in immediately.

Inter are still awaiting developments regarding midfield Bryan Cristante, who has been valued around 40 million euros by Atalanta who do not want to deprive themselves of player in January.

if there is one thing the match against pordenone showed us, is that we do need reinforcements. i know you're just reporting news but i wonder what ausilio and sabatini watched

JJM
18 Dec 17, 16:42
He will be available already in early days of January for Spallo's selection...
Or so says FcInterNews
So first reinforcement of the winter?!

Poslano z mojega F5121 z uporabo Tapatalk

Ed.
18 Dec 17, 16:47
If he is gonna sit on bench, he better sits on inter bench. At least he can train with his future partner aka Skriniar.

JJM
18 Dec 17, 19:46
https://scontent-frx5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/25552381_1654734791213499_6523284586687899720_n.jp g?oh=4290720dcf1020598221c2c2b78cdc98&oe=5AC4CC94
curiosity:He was involved in the 7:1 trashing last season at 17 years of age...played roughly 30 mins

Batman
18 Dec 17, 21:32
When he was on the pitch he conceded only 1 goal.

.h.
18 Dec 17, 21:43
6x better than atalanta innit

mans not hot

JJM
18 Dec 17, 21:44
When he was on the pitch he conceded only 1 goal.
http://forzainterforums.com/customavatars/avatar4685_33.gif
well you ain't Batman for nothing I suppose..

thatdude
18 Dec 17, 23:11
I really do believe that Gasperini has no interest in blooding him in now that he is inter bound. If you think about it, it probably doesn’t make sense for him to. Why should he risk losing games due to this kids mistake just so he’s more ready for Inter next year.

Unfortunately I think he’s coming to Inter a few years too early. He should really come when he’s Caldara’s age and has at least proven he can play in Serie a. Good luck to him becoming a top player here with our youth record.

JJM
18 Dec 17, 23:13
but he ain't our youth...:trolldad:

thatdude
18 Dec 17, 23:20
Doesn’t matter, can’t tbink of a U21 player we developed into anything of note recently with the exception of Icardi and we’ve signed LOTS.

firmino
18 Dec 17, 23:25
i'ts not just us by the way, it's mostly the same story for every big team in italy. they need to win, so they won't field youngsters. we are particularly bad in this because we don't even seem able to loan our young players to the right teams

DARi0
05 Jan 18, 07:23
Inter & Atalanta Continue To Negotiate Terms Of Bastoni Deal

Inter and Atalanta are continuing negotiations for the transfer of Alessandro Bastoni from Atalanta to Inter. The two clubs have already agreed a deal for the player to move to Inter in the future but Inter are looking to bring the move forward as they continue to suffer with squad numbers in defence.

Tuttosport reports that Luciano Spalletti is keen to have the player available at Appiano Gentile ahead of the Roma game on the 21st January after the Serie A winter break. The two clubs have been in discussions since December. The deal made in the summer was for €9 million plus bonuses linked to appearances for Atalanta and those potentially for Inter in the future. In theory the loan was supposed to be for two years but taking into account Gasperini’s sparse use of the player this season and Inter’s need for a player in that position, the two clubs have decided to look at the deal again and see if they can come to a solution that suits everyone.

This will ultimately mean rewriting all the previous agreements made last summer about the various bonuses linked to the deal and career of the youngster by which point Bastoni will be under the direct control of Inter.

ElDiego22
05 Jan 18, 08:13
Bring him in. If he can't get minutes at a mid table team, he might as well come to Inter and learn from the best like Skriniar, Miranda, and Rano.

Il Drago
25 Jun 18, 12:44
According to FCIN, Bastoni will join SPAL on a dry loan.

thatdude
25 Jun 18, 15:30
So basically they sold him to us so we could loan him back and them not play him.

CafeCordoba
25 Jun 18, 18:52
Yeah, what was the fucking point of that loan? He wasted a whole season.

JJM
25 Jun 18, 20:40
we are loaning him to SPAL where he can play more than at Atalanta...think guys think!

CafeCordoba
25 Jun 18, 21:04
Hopefully we demand SPAL to play him. These loans are useless if our kids won't play.

hitmax
27 Jun 18, 16:32
According to cds bastoni costs 20m! Something is not right here.

ronnyle
27 Jun 18, 16:40
Looks like a money laundering deal if the report is true.

Il Drago
14 Jul 18, 12:26
ALESSANDRO BASTONI RENEWS WITH INTER UNTIL 2023

The defender has been recalled from Atalanta, while also extending his Inter contract until 30 June 2023

MILAN - FC Internazionale Milano can confirm that they've reached an agreement with Atalanta to recall Alessandro Bastoni from his loan spell. The defender born in 1999 has also renewed his contract with Inter until 30 June 2023.
https://www.inter.it/en/news/63365/alessandro-bastoni-renews-with-inter-until-2023

Universe
14 Jul 18, 12:44
He had a major knee operation a few days ago didn't he? Shame. Will prevent him from going on loan at least until January.

DARi0
03 Aug 18, 18:57
GdS: Inter have perfected three outgoing operations: Biabiany will start his third adventure with the Parma shirt either today or Monday in an outright deal. The French, 30 years old, will be accompanied by two youngsters, Alessandro Bastoni and Federico Dimarco, both are joining D’Aversa’s team on loan.

ADRossi
08 Aug 18, 04:48
Loaned to Parma

https://www.inter.it/en/news/63613/three-players-join-parma-calcio

thatdude
07 Oct 18, 15:43
Got 30 minutes tonight against Genoa in Parma’s win

.h.
26 Oct 18, 14:58
Fucking hell the FCIN report today if I read it right says we've paid up to 32 mil for this guy...!?

chipschups
26 Oct 18, 15:44
Fucking hell the FCIN report today if I read it right says we've paid up to 32 mil for this guy...!?

Atalanta bought Cararro and Bettela from us for about 12mil for ffp sake. We originally bought Bastoni for 9mil and then need add some money because we cancelled loan early rumoured about 10mil and then added that Bettela and Cararro deal its about right if we spent 31mil for Bastoni transfer with 12mil back to us from Cararro and Bettela trf, so its 19-20mil net. Like skriniar Deal 34mil but we get 15mil from Caprari deal.

Il Drago
26 Oct 18, 15:54
I am sorry chipschups but there's no excuse for this monstrosity. If Atalanta wanted 10m to let him go one season earlier, then leave Bastoni at fucking Atalanta! What was the point of that madness? It's not like we wanted him for the first team. We spent 10m for Bastoni to exchange Atalanta's bench with Parma's one.

chipschups
26 Oct 18, 19:12
Well there is a lot of under table deal in football these days which we not gonna understand.

Bluenine
26 Oct 18, 23:16
Atalanta bought Cararro and Bettela from us for about 12mil for ffp sake. We originally bought Bastoni for 9mil and then need add some money because we cancelled loan early rumoured about 10mil and then added that Bettela and Cararro deal its about right if we spent 31mil for Bastoni transfer with 12mil back to us from Cararro and Bettela trf, so its 19-20mil net. Like skriniar Deal 34mil but we get 15mil from Caprari deal.

There is a simpler explanation. Misprint?

Raul Duke
10 Nov 18, 14:14
Bastioni starting for Parma, as a left-back according to Whoscored.com. Biabiany also starting.

ADRossi
10 Nov 18, 16:09
Looks like he played the full 90 minutes. Finally.

Wallace
14 Nov 18, 06:17
The question is, did he play well?

Dogen
15 Nov 18, 13:02
From a quick check, Gazzetta dello Sport (not exactly reliable, like most of the sources, but still the authority regarding fantacalcio/fantasy football, after all) gave him a 6.5 rating: “personality of a veteran in his first start, a young player to keep an eye on” (helped by the experience of Bruno Alves).

A 7 from both Corriere dello Sport and Tuttosport (“For the first time as a CB in the season. Very good, especially in the aerial game").

thatdude
25 Nov 18, 12:40
Started again against Sassuolo

He played 80 minutes. He’s got some really good footwork for a big guy.

thatdude
02 Dec 18, 13:53
Looked to be at fault for both goals against Milan today.

Raul Duke
02 Dec 18, 13:54
Played 90 minutes against Milan.

thatdude
16 Dec 18, 13:58
Another start today vs Samp. Safe to say he is a first team player at this point. Still only 19, if we can get this guy to be a n inter level player it will be great. We did pay good money for him.

ADRossi
16 Dec 18, 17:50
Another start today vs Samp. Safe to say he is a first team player at this point. Still only 19, if we can get this guy to be a n inter level player it will be great. We did pay good money for him.

Did he start at CB or LB?

Kev9Inter
16 Dec 18, 17:59
Did he start at CB or LB?

Played CB in the last 5 games.

rsz85
07 Jan 19, 18:44
We did pay good money for him.

transfermarkt writes now an exaggerated 31 million transfer fee in 2017....

https://www.transfermarkt.com/alessandro-bastoni/profil/spieler/315853

CafeCordoba
07 Jan 19, 19:32
That has to be bullshit. I read somewhere it was like 20m€.

ScottishInterista
08 Jan 19, 13:54
Pretty sure in our financial statement it was ~30 million, just look at last page where it was reported

crzdcolombian
08 Jan 19, 13:58
Pretty sure in our financial statement it was ~30 million, just look at last page where it was reported

30 million and on loan.

So what past 2 seasons we spent what 150 on people who are on loan or we trying to get rid of :)

We aren’t getting a stadium spending like that!

chipschups
08 Jan 19, 14:05
It was just simply financial mark up to trick ffp.

rsz85
09 Jan 19, 12:14
It was just simply financial mark up to trick ffp.

What?!?! Trick FFP? with overpriced buying? That influence negatively our finances.... (amortisation costs etc.)

chipschups
09 Jan 19, 20:08
What?!?! Trick FFP? with overpriced buying? That influence negatively our finances.... (amortisation costs etc.)

Yeah because Atalanta dumb enough to pay Bettela and carraro for 12m before 30th june helping us dodge ffp.

June 17 - We sign bastoni 10m loan him for 2 year there
June 18 - Atalanta bought bettela and Cararro for 12m
July 18 - we ended loan spell thus we got penalty and pay 10m more
Aug 18 - Bastoni figure turn out to be 32m

10m + 10m ended loan + 12m for them buy our player

Just say that 10m ended loan is our tip for helping us. We doing the same with genoa sending valietti and radu there and we gonna buy Salcedo with inflated price too.

CafeCordoba
09 Jan 19, 21:04
How is it 10 + 10 + 12, if that 12 is the price Atalanta used to buy Bettela and Carraro?

chipschups
10 Jan 19, 00:16
How is it 10 + 10 + 12, if that 12 is the price Atalanta used to buy Bettela and Carraro?

July 17 - Inter pay 10m
June 18 - Atalanta pay 12m for both player
July 17 - as return inter pay another 22m for bastoni, they cover it as ended loan penalty.

This like nainggolan deal they just tweak the book. Atalanta basically didnt pay anything then they got 2 player for free.

June - Roma buy santon and zaniolo for 12m
July - as return inter pay 36m for nainggolan.

Il Drago
23 Jan 19, 11:01
According to GdS, Inter have informed Parma that Bastoni isn't going to stay at Parma next season as Inter intend to keep him in the squad. If we intend to give him Ranocchia's role this would be a mistake. Regular playing time would be more beneficial for Bastoni that rotting on our bench. And the same goes for Gravillon and Vanheusden.

Delicate
23 Jan 19, 11:11
We need Gravillon for club-trained quota. As for Bastoni, yeah, it's pretty strange, with Miranda and Ranocchia gone and Godin in, Bastoni will still only play at Coppa Italia (in before Skriniar gets sold for 100m EUR by Marotta of course).

CafeCordoba
23 Jan 19, 11:48
He should be loaned again. I don't see any reason not to loan to Parma since he's a starter there already. 90 mins week in week out, why the fuck not?

Gravillon is a good candidate for 4th CB, like said. He's club-trained so we don't need to use some Primavera kid for that quota.

PHM1605
23 Jan 19, 12:00
He should be loaned again. I don't see any reason not to loan to Parma since he's a starter there already. 90 mins week in week out, why the fuck not?

Gravillon is a good candidate for 4th CB, like said. He's club-trained so we don't need to use some Primavera kid for that quota.
Gravillon is also an undisputed starter at Pescara, and hasn't missed a single minute this season, even in Coppa. If Pescara promotes this year (they are 2 points behind 2nd atm), Gravillon shouldn't be our 4th CB either. Imo we should buy a great (and healthy) RB for Vrsaljko and Dumbo could be our 4th CB.

ScottishInterista
23 Jan 19, 12:05
Him being 4th choice makes no sense for us. Only reason i see him staying is if we aren't getting Godin

DARi0
31 Jan 19, 19:20
Anyone knows why "suddenly' Transfermarkt reports Alessandro Bastoni (https://www.transfermarkt.com/alessandro-bastoni/profil/spieler/315853) has costed our club €31.1m?!

.h.
31 Jan 19, 19:41
see post at the top of the thread

K.I.
31 Jan 19, 19:42
Anyone knows why "suddenly' Transfermarkt reports Alessandro Bastoni (https://www.transfermarkt.com/alessandro-bastoni/profil/spieler/315853) has costed our club €31.1m?!

I think this is ur answer

July 17 - Inter pay 10m
June 18 - Atalanta pay 12m for both player
July 17 - as return inter pay another 22m for bastoni, they cover it as ended loan penalty.

This like nainggolan deal they just tweak the book. Atalanta basically didnt pay anything then they got 2 player for free.

June - Roma buy santon and zaniolo for 12m
July - as return inter pay 36m for nainggolan.

Il Drago
01 Feb 19, 15:38
Mancini called up Bastoni. Gagliardini and Politano also are in the squad for the first two matches of Euro qualifiers.

CafeCordoba
03 Feb 19, 13:50
So Bastoni's price was eventually 20m€ + those two kids.

brakbrak
10 Feb 19, 04:04
I'm happy that we own this guy and seems like a solid df.Question is if we will ever find use for him given that skriniar and de vrij duo is solid and they are relatively young. Godin coming in isnt good news for him as well.

ScottishInterista
10 Feb 19, 08:21
I mean if we struggle for ffp this season I think de vrij will leave, he'd be a 30-40 million transfer of pure profit.

I thought bastoni was great yesterday for what I expected, a real talented player who could fit in our squad in a couple years

CafeCordoba
10 Feb 19, 10:07
I'm having a same thought. That we can cash in with De Vrij at some point. Might be later summers too, because despite being off SA, FFP will be there still. Tens of millions of net capital when selling De Vrij for 40m€ is tremendous. Though maybe he's more suited to La Liga than EPL (which is for Skriniar but he's untouchable).

andrei
10 Feb 19, 10:57
I'm having a same thought. That we can cash in with De Vrij at some point. Might be later summers too, because despite being off SA, FFP will be there still. Tens of millions of net capital when selling De Vrij for 40m€ is tremendous. Though maybe he's more suited to La Liga than EPL (which is for Skriniar but he's untouchable).

Does matter the capital gain after we are out of this SA shit?
From what I read FFP it's all about balancing the book, over 3 years we need to have max 30m loss. It doesn't matter if it's expenditure or capital

CafeCordoba
10 Feb 19, 14:04
Does matter the capital gain after we are out of this SA shit?
From what I read FFP it's all about balancing the book, over 3 years we need to have max 30m loss. It doesn't matter if it's expenditure or capital

Actually I don't know.

Would think that "free" 40m€ is good for FFP too but honestly I don't know.

satubito
12 Feb 19, 00:17
I'm happy that we own this guy and seems like a solid df.Question is if we will ever find use for him given that skriniar and de vrij duo is solid and they are relatively young. Godin coming in isnt good news for him as well.

No need to rush Bastoni back. Godin, De Vrij and Skriniar are a solid group of CB's. Bastoni can spend another year or 2 in Parma on loan if need be.

snake
12 Feb 19, 05:39

To be honest, we haven't had a good left footed CB who can distribute since Miha. Yes, Samuel included.

brehme1989
12 Feb 19, 10:41
Chivu

snake
13 Feb 19, 02:02
Chivu

He was our LB mostly.

.h.
10 Mar 19, 12:35
transfermarkt has him up +11m in valuation since he joined parma. Nice one. Hope he keeps it up.

Il Drago
17 Mar 19, 14:32
Third game in a row Bastoni doesn't start for Parma. Inter have probably informed them that the player is returning to Inter next season and they decided to prioritize other players over him. I can't think of any other explanation.

Guney
17 Mar 19, 16:44
our tradechip for dzeko next season :proud:

RobinV
17 Mar 19, 21:22
Third game in a row Bastoni doesn't start for Parma. Inter have probably informed them that the player is returning to Inter next season and they decided to prioritize other players over him. I can't think of any other explanation.

He was injured for a couple of weeks. On his way back.

From the match against Empoli (March 2nd).

Parma welcome back Bastoni from injury, but he is only fit for the bench

https://www.football-italia.net/135308/line-ups-empoli-v-parma

thatdude
17 Mar 19, 23:22
Well they gave up a shit ton on goals today so hopefully they’ll quickly get him back in the lineup

Inter7
25 Mar 19, 19:49
Scored a nice header for Italy U21 https://streamable.com/9gxqs

brehme1989
05 May 19, 15:38
Scored vs Sampdoria to make it 3-3.

Tsuna
28 May 19, 15:36
Would keep this guy as back up CB next season. I don’t wanna see Ranno in a back 3 again

IM21
28 May 19, 15:55
Would keep this guy as back up CB next season. I don’t wanna see Ranno in a back 3 again

we should just keep Miranda for his last year of the contract. We ain't getting much for him anyway, so why not just let him stay and let Bastoni play regular football at another club.

Adriano@10
28 May 19, 16:07
we should just keep Miranda for his last year of the contract. We ain't getting much for him anyway, so why not just let him stay and let Bastoni play regular football at another club.

Because Miranda wants out and not the other way around.
If i remember correctly he still wants to be a starter some where even if thats back home in brazil.

thatdude
24 Jul 19, 18:31
How long did this guy play today? Did he show anything?

vitomins
24 Jul 19, 18:33

Came on in the 78th minutes I believe. Nothing memorable that I can think of.

syrus
24 Jul 19, 20:55

Apart from looking like a young Frog with Tattoos , not much went on

William
24 Jul 19, 22:33

Good! Doesn’t need to ignite the world in his first game, especially against jube (even in pre-season). As long as he was solid and was able to keep up there’s hope that he belongs here.

thatdude
27 Jul 19, 23:04
I really liked him against PSG, hope he gets a shot to play early in the season.

ADRossi
28 Jul 19, 00:22
A defensive line of either:

Bastoni - Godin (de Vrij) - Skriniar

or

Skriniar - Godin - D'Ambrosio

Would be superior to the Skriniar/Godin/De Vrij mashups people are pushing for. Conte is clearly aware of this.

ElDuccio
28 Jul 19, 01:28
Bastoni instead dambro? I would like it.. as long dambrosio and rano are out of the starters, im happy. I hope that Bastoni will be worldclass... the italian skriniar?

sanand1
28 Jul 19, 09:25
A defensive line of either:

Bastoni - Godin (de Vrij) - Skriniar

or

Skriniar - Godin - D'Ambrosio

Would be superior to the Skriniar/Godin/De Vrij mashups people are pushing for. Conte is clearly aware of this.

De Vrij is the best difender we have and the only one with serious skills while building up from behind, he will be the player that play the most.

thatdude
10 Aug 19, 22:26
Good on the ball, good height, good tackler, lacks pace. That’s how I see him so far

IRR26
10 Aug 19, 22:45
I think Bastoni is close to brake into Inter's lineup. This season he can be a rotation player and maybe already next season he can take a bigger role.

n4l
10 Aug 19, 23:12
with how skriniar is currently playing LCB, and if Godin can't play there, Bastoni should start now.

Ethor
10 Aug 19, 23:14

Played last 15min or so. Nothing great but he did not screw up either when they tried to press him.

thatdude
11 Aug 19, 04:22
Played last 15min or so. Nothing great but he did not screw up either when they tried to press him.

Haha, thanks that post was from like 2 friendlies ago

Ethor
11 Aug 19, 14:52
Haha, thanks that post was from like 2 friendlies ago

Agreed. Would like to see him play longer, however our "starters" on defense still need so much work , do not expect more time. If Inter do play another preseason match expect the purported starting eleven to play at 60min together. Again Bastoni will come on as the "dependable " sub.

firmino
18 Sep 19, 11:30
with how skriniar is currently playing LCB, and if Godin can't play there, Bastoni should start now.

i agree, and after 5 weeks even more so. of course, skriniar can adapt to playing on the left, but conte wants the team to build the game from the defence, and places a right-footed guy on the left?

i very strongly feel he should give bastoni a chance, or better yet 2-3.

i think we should try the bastoni-godin-skriniar trio.

Ethor
28 Sep 19, 18:56
Well done today, looks like he will fit in nicely.

ADRossi
28 Sep 19, 18:58
This is how you slowly integrate youth over time. Give them starts, in a position that will allow them to succeed, against bad clubs. Picked up an early yellow but otherwise played well. Got himself in a nice scoring position in front of goal too.

Gaindé
28 Sep 19, 18:59
Having a left-footed center back who is young and this solid is fckn great. Very well played this dude has a great future.

Batman
28 Sep 19, 19:02
Solid debut, keep it up.

uny_arturo
28 Sep 19, 19:10
A club-trained left-footed CB for our 3-men defence this season. I like

Wobblz
28 Sep 19, 19:11
A club-trained left-footed CB for our 3-men defence this season. I like
He isn't club trained.

I'mNewHere
28 Sep 19, 19:16
More dangerous going forward than Asamoah. Solid all around.

Ziyad
28 Sep 19, 19:18
Well done. Always nice to notice the debutants positively.

Choppin Onions
28 Sep 19, 20:03
Only 20 but he has the calm demeanor of a much more experienced defender. Sky is the limit for this kid.

Adriano
28 Sep 19, 20:11
great composure today, solid performance

Pimpin
28 Sep 19, 21:25
that through ball to the medically diagnosed retard lautaro, was amazing

InterFCAustin
29 Sep 19, 02:24
Out of lots of positives today, I was very impressed how he didn’t flinch at all, even when we went man down.
Incredible composure for a 20yrs old, and tactically very smart.
Keep it up boy!

JJM
29 Sep 19, 03:05
This kid doesn't panic at all... Wow I'm really impressed by his maturity and composure... And his skills on the ball also

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

CoolMan44
29 Sep 19, 04:09
Would love him to become a future starter for us. Still so young but had had a season of experience with Parma. One thing I like about Conte is that he's giving everyone a chance.

YoramG
29 Sep 19, 11:44
I think yesterday we might have seen the starting back line for the 2021/2022 season. I think this season, and to a lesser extent next season, Godin and D'Ambrosio will be above Bastoni in the pecking order, but two seasons from now Skriniar-De Vrij-Bastoni will probably be the undisputed starters.

Assuming everything goes right with his development anyway, but he looked like a seasoned Serie A defender yesterday.

Kova10
29 Sep 19, 14:21
I think yesterday we might have seen the starting back line for the 2021/2022 season. I think this season, and to a lesser extent next season, Godin and D'Ambrosio will be above Bastoni in the pecking order, but two seasons from now Skriniar-De Vrij-Bastoni will probably be the undisputed starters.

Assuming everything goes right with his development anyway, but he looked like a seasoned Serie A defender yesterday.

I wont be so sure, as we have Zinho parked, who is back in Business and captaining Standard Liege. We are seriously covered well at CB

Dogen
29 Sep 19, 14:28
Very good debut by Bastoni, with due (Samp-related) proportion.

He was given the first opportunity to show what he's got and we were expecting from him (composure, personality, the fact that he's able to play and build from the back with his left foot, but also that he's comfortable when the team is sitting deep and defending like in the second half, similarly to his first Serie A season with Parma) and he definitely took it.

On to the next.

TheNetworkZ
29 Sep 19, 17:30
Great start, hopefully we see a lot more of him this season.

Pipka
29 Sep 19, 17:50
Zinho unfortunately is made of glass

satubito
29 Sep 19, 21:45
Grande talent. Conte said he rejected a ton of approaches from Serie A teams for a loan. He's got the best tutors here in De Vrij, Skriniar and Godin.

Kakaroto
29 Sep 19, 23:09
Surprised I havent seen bench Skriniar for this guy posts :notbad:

He has the label of being the best Italian young CB so good to see him get integrated. Conte likes him.

Pimpin
30 Sep 19, 00:33
interesting fact, we have bench center backs in our team now, that can pass the ball better than our midfield 4 years ago (melo, medel, guarin)

qb4ever_2k
30 Sep 19, 03:42
has the label of being the best Italian young CB .

Rugani Caldara flashback :yao2:

Kakaroto
30 Sep 19, 03:52
Rugani Caldara flashback :yao2:

Both made horrible club decisions while Bastoni went to best club to develop youth. :yao:

DARi0
30 Sep 19, 08:32
Grande talent. Conte said he rejected a ton of approaches from Serie A teams for a loan. He's got the best tutors here in De Vrij, Skriniar and Godin.

Last weekend, Antonio Conte was not afraid to start the very young Alessandro Bastoni against Sampdoria. And the same player also had no fear as he was one of the match’s protagonists and had a fantastic performance. Enough for the Gazzetta dello Sport to give him a 7 rating for the great performance.

“Consistency, advancing forward with one through ball for Lautaro and almost scoring a header,” said the Milanese newspaper. This Bastoni, according to the pink paper, “can subvert the hierarchies” at the club. The 1999-born center back has in front of him a huge mountain to climb, considering that the three starters (excluding Danilo D’Ambrosio) are the three sacred monsters in Diego Godin, Stefan De Vrij and Milan Skriniar.

But certainly, beyond the prediction of the Gazzetta, Alessandro Bastoni has a great future ahead of him both in the national team and of course here at Inter. Years ago, Inter paid €31M to sign him from Atalanta and last summer, Inter rejected half of Serie A just because of Conte’s wishes to keep him.

Conte spoke of 20-year-old defender Alessandro Bastoni who made his debut for the Nerazzurri:
“Half of the Serie A wanted him and I was against letting him go. I want to work with him, I’ve seen his potential not only physically, but also mentally. He does what you ask him to do right away. Alessandro will certainly be useful in the future, but he’s also useful right now.”

“He’s an important option to have and again I repeat, I’m taking risks, last match with Biraghi, and today with Bastoni. But I have faith in them, I have no problem putting them out on the pitch. Their team-mates also have faith in them. We continue like we have so far, with humility and a great desire.”

I4E
30 Sep 19, 09:19
Hold up. We paid €31m for Bastoni as a 17-18 year old inexperienced & unproven at senior level ???

Holy shit that's massive ! Is it a typo ? Is it supposed to be €3.1m ??? Whoever did this deal must've had some amazing foresite and incredible negotiation skills to convince the hierarchy to spend that much.

.h.
30 Sep 19, 09:23
the number is correct

i think it was like 13mil actual cash, but there was a bunch of linked transfers - Eugelfi, that CB? For the plusvalenza

I4E
30 Sep 19, 09:27
So it wasn't really €31m. It was €13m plus a players 'value' that brought it to that figure.

Even €13m is insane for a teenage defender that never played a Serie A game.

.h.
30 Sep 19, 09:40
yeah, but for accounting reasons it is 31m - so what we amortise, for example

but yeah, fundamentally it wasnt that level of transaction.

it's still high for a teenager who hasnt played much Serie A, but at the same time, our scouts must be on to something - look at his transfermarkt valuation soar while he was at Parma.

Bluenine
30 Sep 19, 10:08
Hold up. We paid €31m for Bastoni as a 17-18 year old inexperienced & unproven at senior level ???

Holy shit that's massive ! Is it a typo ? Is it supposed to be €3.1m ??? Whoever did this deal must've had some amazing foresite and incredible negotiation skills to convince the hierarchy to spend that much.

It was one of the suspect plusvalenza transactions, deals where numbers are inflated and there are transactions both ways to improve each others plusvalenza.

Over 2 seasons, Inter sold Eguelfi, Bettella and Carraro to Atalanta for 18m, and bought Bastoni for 31m. So only €13m changed hands, and both clubs made good plusvalenza. But still, while the numbers were inflated both ways, it was a canny bit of scouting. I had earlier thought that Inter got duped as usual (specially when Atalanta didn't play Bastoni after the deal), but looks like someone at Inter deserves kudos for this.

CafeCordoba
30 Sep 19, 10:29
And what is best in this situation? I think we have a pretty good chance not to fuck up this kid with too high expectations. We have the three-headed monster ahead of him in the pecking order. So basically he isn't demanded to perform week in week out. He can learn from these experienced and/or talented CBs and once in a while he's given a chance, he can prove his worth. Not exactly the same age, but Ranocchia case reminds me a bit of young CB brought into the club and he's thrown to the wolves immediately. Not going to happen now.

I4E
30 Sep 19, 10:40
Hence forth, Alessandro Bastoni will be known as Bazza ! Or Baz. :closeenough:

firmino
30 Sep 19, 11:43
we bought bastoni for 31.1 million euros, atalanta bought 3 of our youngsters for 18 million: Eguelfi for 6 million in june 2017, the following summer bettella for 7 and carraro for 5.

source: https://www.fcinter1908.it/copertina/ultimo-uomo-sky-spiega-i-31-mln-di-bastoni-nessun-rischio-di-sanzione-perche/

how much we actually paid for this guy, depends on how much we think those 3 combined were worth.

on a side note, i have this pleasant feeling he will be soon worth more than those 31 anyways, maybe it will even look like a bargain.

Wobblz
30 Sep 19, 20:59
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scwxEGcd3wM

Pimpin
01 Oct 19, 00:19
31 mil sounds like a bargain tbh :work:

Universe
01 Oct 19, 08:07
Hence forth, Alessandro Bastoni will be known as Bazza ! Or Baz. :closeenough:

Baz, Laz (Lazaro), Gaz (Gagliardini), Steve Sensy, Brozo, Baz2 (Barella), Daz (D'Ambrosio, or Dalbert) and Caz (Candreva). Drongo squad.

Wobblz
01 Oct 19, 08:27
Uaz, that ain't the NDU thread, ya drongo...

I'mNewHere
06 Oct 19, 21:49
Excellent with the balll, I cannot really blame him for the goal, he has a fucking donkey Asamoah beside him. Future pillar

thatdude
06 Oct 19, 22:18
Yeah this guy is better on the ball then Skriniar or Godin, probably only second to De Vrij. It’s hard to get mad at him for the goal. We put a 20 year old into a derby d’italia as his 2nd appearance. I think overall he coped very well.

Vertigo
07 Oct 19, 02:55
this guy needs playing time, he put higuain onside and made the goal..

We all know that higuain has a poor offside awareness, we trapped him over and over again in previous seasons.

we've paid the price and bastoni will only get better in time

RickyMaravilla'sRightFoot
07 Oct 19, 03:42
ideally, DDA should have dropped back to the back 3 and we should have been able to bring on Lazaro (but he's not ready) or Candreva. It wasn't a good situation to throw Bastoni into. Still think he looked relatively composed despite making a mistake on the second goal. I think the rate of his development will surprise some people.

Choppin Onions
07 Oct 19, 06:13
I thought he looked the most composed out of the CD's barring maybe de Vrij who's been mostly outstanding so far this season. Unfortunate on the goal but facing champions like Ronaldo and yes even Higuain isn't easy for any defender much less a 20 year old. His future is bright.

dax21
07 Oct 19, 07:59
This guy should slowly be integrated as a starting LCB. Keep DeVrij in the middle and alternate Skriniar and Godin as RCBs or use Skriniar as DM if he can pull it off. Bastoni is far more offensive than Skriniar and isn't afraid to nudge the ball forward.

As far as Skriniar goes, this garbage idea of using him as a LCB is fucking with him big time, when he was switched to the right last night he kept using his left foot for passing towards the right touchline.

A.l.i
07 Oct 19, 08:02
Really liked Bastoni launching those long balls forward but that's De Vrij's job not Bastoni's.

Bluenine
07 Oct 19, 19:11
I think some people are being too harsh on the kid. He had one or two moments of weakness against a quality & relentless attack, so its easy to overlook his overall performance. I too was a bit surprised by Conte's decision of Bastoni instead of Dumbo/Rano to replace Godin, but the way Bastoni played I can see why Conte made that call. It was a good call.

I was so impressed with Bastoni's overall performance considering the situation and pressure. For a kid, he looked especially calm and composed with the ball at his feet, and his decision making was generally spot on. This kid is gifted, and IMO he had a better game than Godin who was getting beat for pace (which was always a risk against CR7 & Sandro considering Godin's age). Not only do I think Bastoni is already a better RCB than Ranocchia, now I think he will be ready for a starting role within a year instead of 2-3.

Lui
07 Oct 19, 19:36
Inter probably dont sign Godin if they knew what bastoni was capable of. Either way it's a good problem.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Wallace
07 Oct 19, 20:35
Really liked Bastoni launching those long balls forward but that's De Vrij's job not Bastoni's.

Who are you to say it’s not his job lol?

Are you Conte?

William
07 Oct 19, 21:06
Really enjoyed watching bastoni during the game, showed no fear and a lot of promise of what our future will look like should we continue integrating him!!

Pajo
08 Oct 19, 09:34
Will be a fucking boss. I was there and followed him closely. His movement off the ball and anticipation is great, his calmness as well. Was better than all of our 3 other CBs since he came on. Yeah he lost Piguain for the goal, but it happens, he is young and was thrown in fire for experienced Godin.

Needs to play more and more. I'd give him few starts in the next games, and try Bastoni - Godin/De Vrij - Skriniar trio.

n4l
08 Oct 19, 22:35
Kid is good. Very confident and technically sound. Very, very hard choices to make for Conte regarding rotation, consistency, and stability of the back line.

surripere
10 Oct 19, 23:27
Played well for the U21's against Ireland.

Puma
10 Oct 19, 23:46
Kid is good. Very confident and technically sound. Very, very hard choices to make for Conte regarding rotation, consistency, and stability of the back line.

That's a good thing for Conte and the team though. There is nothing worse than not having options and having to play the same players regardless of their form. All you have to do is look at last season to see how that went with the likes of Valero, Vecino, Perisic and Naingollan getting regular playing time despite playing well below expectations.

hitmax
20 Oct 19, 14:42
i don't get all this hype around him, yeah he is young,talented and italian but he isn't a starting material yet and his poor positioning and decision makings cost 2 goals in last games.

rockball
20 Oct 19, 15:01
He looks calm on the ball, doesn't get flustered when dealing with players like Berardi. But he does make a few mistakes. There is potential there, and only way he will improve is by playing more.

I'mNewHere
20 Oct 19, 15:02
i don't get all this hype around him, yeah he is young,talented and italian but he isn't a starting material yet and his poor positioning and decision makings cost 2 goals in last games.

ok

MusicalMafia
20 Oct 19, 15:12

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when did he screw up in this game? Berardi goal was more on Biraghi, the other two don't seem like Bastoni's fault to me.

My only issue with him is his ability to pass the ball; numerous balls he played forward were misguided, either slowing us down or giving the ball to Sassuolo. Essentially it makes sense to press other players when he's on the ball. I do like him though in other aspects. I'm totally satisfied with playing him when Godin is rested/unavailable.

varmin
20 Oct 19, 15:17
His facial expression after the Sass third goal was like - ''that was my fault''. I hope to get over it and become stonger. It's up to mentality.

thatdude
20 Oct 19, 16:40
He’ll be fine. He just needs playing time. He’s had a full season experience so he knows that mistakes happen.

Lui
20 Oct 19, 16:52
His facial expression after the Sass third goal was like - ''that was my fault''. I hope to get over it and become stonger. It's up to mentality.You got that from a facial expression, fuck, I got porca madonna va fa mocc'

crzdcolombian
20 Oct 19, 17:12
He’ll be fine. He just needs playing time. He’s had a full season experience so he knows that mistakes happen.

Still happy he played in front of Rano but seriously wtf was Ranos contract extended!!!!

Skrino
20 Oct 19, 17:24
Yeah this guy is better on the ball then Skriniar or Godin, probably only second to De Vrij. It’s hard to get mad at him for the goal. We put a 20 year old into a derby d’italia as his 2nd appearance. I think overall he coped very well.

Wait the minute!Did you just said,this young Bastoni boy is better than Skriniar on the ball?You mean this Skriniar?

https://youtu.be/keZ5Z-dGI0E?t=334

Make you a favour and watch whole game Slovakia vs England..Skriniar was playing DM and he was dominating everyone on the pitch with ball or without..Skriniar under Conte is playing at 30% of his potential because of his role in team.Conte made Skriniar looks like he is at the same level as Bastoni for some..

Lui
20 Oct 19, 18:45
Defenders adjust to attackers just as much as attackers adjust to defenders. It's just now on skri to learn that next level.

Skrino
20 Oct 19, 20:21
Defenders adjust to attackers just as much as attackers adjust to defenders. It's just now on skri to learn that next level.

Of course, but I was talking about Skriniar being weak on the ball..About adjusting,attackers are covering Skriniar more then other Inters defenders so de Vrij often have to pass to other guy then Skriniar..When attacking they dont go through Skriniar 99% of the time..Other teams just disconnected Skriniar from the game..But when he got an action he still play more then decent even if he play every match on different position..Yet people call him trash???And being weak on the ball??What the hell?Hopefully he will transfer to another club soon..
Its the same with Lukaku,other teams have to cover him with 2-3players so Lautaro got a free space and he can feel like a king of Serie A..Now people blame Lukaku?Lautaro is shit without Lukaku next to him..Inters defense is shit without Skriniar,you will realize when Skriniar leave..

Lui
20 Oct 19, 20:29
Don't hold your breath.

IRR26
20 Oct 19, 20:47
His positioning concerns me but I think he still has good time to learn. I believe part of bad positioning is because he is nervous to play first games for Inter shirt.

thatdude
20 Oct 19, 21:37
Wait the minute!Did you just said,this young Bastoni boy is better than Skriniar on the ball?You mean this Skriniar?

https://youtu.be/keZ5Z-dGI0E?t=334

Make you a favour and watch whole game Slovakia vs England..Skriniar was playing DM and he was dominating everyone on the pitch with ball or without..Skriniar under Conte is playing at 30% of his potential because of his role in team.Conte made Skriniar looks like he is at the same level as Bastoni for some..

People like you are why we have the “falcao law” on this forum. Saying Bastoni is better on the ball is not an attack against Skriniar. I still think he’s a better overall player. However especially if we’re talking about the LCB position Bastoni is just more comfortable passing out from there. He’s not the athlete or defender Skriniar is and if you asked him to play out of position like Skriniar has so far this year he would look a lot worse than Skriniar has imo. Skriniar has actually in a way been punished for being our best and most versatile defender.

brehme1989
20 Oct 19, 22:24
People like you are why we have the “falcao law” on this forum
People like him are gobbi di merda. No need for anything further.

CoolMan44
20 Oct 19, 23:36
Still happy he played in front of Rano but seriously wtf was Ranos contract extended!!!!

You had to bring it up didnt you :lol:

Shaun
21 Oct 19, 01:19
You can tell he has good passing technique, but for whatever reason he was awful at distributing today. However, you could see the wrong game of Bonucci and say he is a bad passer of the ball, but that wouldn't really be true

Puma
21 Oct 19, 01:20

Fuckn ask Spalletti who sold the myth that Ranocchia is a vital contributor to the team as a result of what he does behind the scenes. Absolute bullshit and a waste of money if you ask me. Perhaps that is being harsh on him and perhaps I undervalue what he does because i simply cannot see it. But the last time I checked, footballers get paid for playing and what they do on the pitch not for what they contribute behind the scenes.

Shaun
21 Oct 19, 01:22
Fuckn ask Spalletti who sold the myth that Ranocchia is a vital contributor to the team as a result of what he does behind the scenes. Absolute bullshit and a waste of money if you ask me. Perhaps that is being harsh on him and perhaps I undervalue what he does because i simply cannot see it. But the last time I checked, footballers get paid for playing and what they do on the pitch not for what they contribute behind the scenes.

Well if that's the case our second and third keepers wouldn't be getting paid

ADRossi
21 Oct 19, 02:22
Not a great performance, but this is what happens to young players. Growing pains are allowed if they don't cost you matches. We need to keep giving him minutes after this performance to show him that we believe in him. Otherwise, he'll just turn into another youth player whose career we botched.

thatdude
21 Oct 19, 06:27
Exactly, young players are up and down. He could start vs Dortmund and be fantastic. You only know if you give opportunity

junkie
21 Oct 19, 07:37
he is still better than milan captain...

Poslano sa mog SM-G920F koriste

hitmax
21 Oct 19, 08:01
Correct me if I'm wrong, but when did he screw up in this game? Berardi goal was more on Biraghi, the other two don't seem like Bastoni's fault to me.

My only issue with him is his ability to pass the ball; numerous balls he played forward were misguided, either slowing us down or giving the ball to Sassuolo. Essentially it makes sense to press other players when he's on the ball. I do like him though in other aspects. I'm totally satisfied with playing him when Godin is rested/unavailable.

look at their third goal

sakera
21 Oct 19, 22:46
He's young and we won the game.
Conte must rotate, bastoni needs to grow

uny_arturo
27 Oct 19, 04:58
How much did we pay to sign Bastoni?

thatdude
27 Oct 19, 06:46
Thought he had a strong 2nd half today. Strong aerial presence

varmin
27 Oct 19, 07:17
I think he was the guy who sent that great long ball for Lautaro, immediately after the equalizer.

CafeCordoba
27 Oct 19, 08:11
How much did we pay to sign Bastoni?

In books it was 31m€ if I remember correctly, but it was part of some inflated deals with Atalanta, our kids going their way.

uny_arturo
27 Oct 19, 14:25
In books it was 31m€ if I remember correctly, but it was part of some inflated deals with Atalanta, our kids going their way.

That's what I remember as well. I hope that wouldn't screw us on FFP later. Bastoni is promising. But no way he should be valued at 31M.

Fitzy
27 Oct 19, 15:12
I like how the bloke has seamlessly made himself a reliable rotation player, and hopefully a starter in the future.

Il Drago
31 Oct 19, 13:09
Fabrizio Romano:

Bastoni: Inter’s leader in defence for the future

Alessandro Bastoni has convinced completely the Italian Serie A giants Inter Milan’s management with another star performance, this time in the game against Parma Calcio 1913.

The 20-year-old was started in the defensive line for the Milan-based club this season and he has surprised everyone with his game awareness and defensive capability.

Yes he is not a finished article by any means, but Bastoni has shown not only defensive qualities but also leadership qualities which can be beneficial for the club in the near future.

It is just normal that manager Antonio Conte is extremely impressed with the performance of Bastoni and is willing to give him space as well as confidence to keep producing the goods.

The former Chelsea manager has already heaped praise on the player and termed him as an asset for the club in the years to come.

There were other clubs who were eager to take the Italy U21 international on loan but it seems highly unlikely that Inter will let that happen.

In fact, the Nerazzurri’s leadership is focused towards extending Bastoni’s current contract which is set to expire in the summer of 2023.

It will be a deserving a new contract for the player but Inter is in no hurry to do that, however, it is something on the club’s agenda of the near future.
https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/bastoni-inter-s-leader-in-defence-for-the-future-20909

CoolMan44
03 Nov 19, 03:13
Glad to see him getting game-time. At first, I was worried we kept him and he'll hardly play, but he's played in 5 of the last 6 Serie A games.

YoramG
03 Nov 19, 09:53
He's the real deal I think. Hardly ever looks out of place, and has a cultured left foot for a CB. He could be a pillar of the defense for years if he develops as he is.

Batman
03 Nov 19, 11:26
He is in the right path, and Conte so far is doing well managing him. What I like about him more is his composure with the ball, and is actually a good passer. For a defender in such a young age it’s impressive.

- - - Updated - - -

He is in the right path, and Conte so far is doing well managing him. What I like about him more is his composure with the ball, and is actually a good passer. For a defender in such a young age it’s impressive.

Bob Sacamano
09 Nov 19, 20:15
Not-sure-if-shared-by-many-opinion: Man of the Match.

William
09 Nov 19, 20:56
This guy needs to play more matches over Godin!

GenDire
09 Nov 19, 21:02
Kid seems like a phenom in the making, nearly the complete package of a defender: Composure, technique, almost too tall

Choppin Onions
09 Nov 19, 21:03
This guy needs to play more matches over Godin!

Conte is starting to realize it as Bastoni is playing more and more. It also allows Skriniar to play on his natural side.

Nothing
09 Nov 19, 21:09
Not-sure-if-shared-by-many-opinion: Man of the Match.
He was the best "midfielder" in the second half against Verona

ADRossi
09 Nov 19, 21:22
We look better with him on the left and Skriniar on the right then we do with the Godin-de Vrij-Skriniar defensive line.

Pajo
09 Nov 19, 21:42
Another boss game. Has 3x better season than Godin and 2x that Skriniar. If i was Conte, id play him every game from now on.

10 Nov 19, 06:05
that pass out to Lazaro that lead to our opener was sexy

Batman
10 Nov 19, 06:56
He almost scored AND assisted too. Hope he continues like this.

IRR26
10 Nov 19, 12:12
Typical FIF two great games and Bastoni is already a god.

Lets not ruin him.

Irequis
10 Nov 19, 13:19
His passing to Lazaro for second goal was Xabi Alonso-esque and his run from the back to nearly scored a goal was something the 80 M Dutch defender typically did. His defensive capability still needs to be tested and honed as we should remember that Higuain scored because Bastoni mismarked him. However, Bastoni-De Vrij-Skrniar should be our primary set up because I don't think Godin performs better than him so far.

Bob Sacamano
10 Nov 19, 13:24

Lets not ruin him.

No, he is not God yet. But he had a fantastic game yesterday.

William
10 Nov 19, 20:40

Lets not ruin him.

Just appreciating the talent mate, there’s plenty of room for you to jump on board and enjoy it. Nobody is saying he’s perfect but what we are seeing makes us confidently believe he’ll be starting more games than not if he keeps it up.

sakera
10 Nov 19, 23:17
Just appreciating the talent mate,

Very true..
One should be happy...

TheNetworkZ
11 Nov 19, 02:09

Lets not ruin him.

Two games? He's been quality every game he's started imo

Lui
11 Nov 19, 03:05
His composure is incredible.

11 Nov 19, 19:18
Enjoy the moment y'all. Barring a career ending series of injuries we're watching the making of a future star.
We're talking about a kid that's captained just about every level of the italian national youth sides and someone we felt convinced enough to shell over 10mil in cash for as an 18 y/o with no serie A playing experience.

YoramG
11 Nov 19, 22:03
Injured, has already left the Italy U21s. Apparently he picked it up while he was still with us.

https://twitter.com/dimarzio/status/1194011975250055169?s=21

Stop sending them. Just stop sending our players.

Adriano
11 Nov 19, 22:14
noooooooo!!!

TheNetworkZ
11 Nov 19, 22:42
Fuck that's bad. Hopefully it's not long-term.

YoramG
12 Nov 19, 11:52
Replies under the official tweet are implying that this is one of those 'fake' injuries, like the one Sensi picked up before the Verona game but he still featured on the bench.

I guess I'll join the crowd and just say this is a 'Don Beppe :datass:' moment.

Fossati
12 Nov 19, 12:40
Replies under the official tweet are implying that this is one of those 'fake' injuries, like the one Sensi picked up before the Verona game but he still featured on the bench.

:) Well we signed up Don Beppe for precisely this reason (too).

Batman
12 Nov 19, 18:23

I dont know if it makes sense for Sensi since the Italy squad was already published before Sensi’s second injury.

Ed.
12 Nov 19, 19:11
I dont know if it makes sense for Sensi since the Italy squad was already published before Sensi’s second injury.

Gotta play the game till the end.

thatdude
08 Dec 19, 13:34
Where’s this guy been?

eduzee
08 Dec 19, 13:46
Seen him on the bench lately. Should definitely play more.

DARi0
08 Dec 19, 14:16
FCIN: Negotiation to renew Alessandro Bastoni’s contract is ongoing. The idea of Inter is to give the young defender a new contract until 2024, increasing his wages from just 300 thousand to around €1.2M. This is the recognition of how he has contributed to the team so far this season: despite names like De Vrij, Skriniar, Godin and D’Ambrosio, Bastoni has managed to start a few times under the guidance of coach Antonio Conte.

Yesterday’s afternoon, his representatives were in Inter HQ in Viale Della Liberazione to get things rolling on this new contract. There is already an agreement and both sides are working on the final details of this new deal. Bastoni is an important element for this Inter team and will be a pillar in its defense in the near future.

CoolMan44
08 Dec 19, 15:17
He should have played against Spal. Hopefully he'll play vs Henoa as I assume we'll play the starter trip vs Fiorentina, unless Godin needs a rest.

ADRossi
08 Dec 19, 18:51
Definitely needs to start against Fiorentina. Godin shouldn't be playing in three games in the span of ten days

PHM1605
08 Dec 19, 18:56
Definitely needs to start against Fiorentina. Godin shouldn't be playing in three games in the span of ten days
Chiesa played as RWB in a 3-5-2 today (and most likely vs us too). It is too risky to let Bastoni handle their most dangerous player.

I'd rather rest Godin and use Dumbo as RCB.

Bluenine
09 Dec 19, 08:36
Its a good thing Chiesa is getting used to that role :megusta:

Lui
09 Dec 19, 12:22
If D'ambro plays RCB he wont be defending Chiesa lol

PHM1605
09 Dec 19, 12:31
If D'ambro plays RCB he wont be defending Chiesa lol

That is what I meant. Playing Dumbo to keep Skriniar at LCB to contain Chiesa in his pocket; instead of Bastoni LCB and Skriniar RCB.

rockball
09 Dec 19, 15:22
Its a good thing Chiesa is getting used to that role :megusta:

For his individual future sake, he better stops playing there.

Lui
16 Dec 19, 14:03
Love everything about his game. Composure, understanding, confidence, and a lot smoother than he looks.

Alex de Large
23 Dec 19, 21:52
What a great first touch and vision this guy has. The New Nesta.

Pajo
24 Dec 19, 07:57
Im more and more impressed by this guy. Even when he makes mistake, he simply picks it up and continues, without hitting his motivation and confidence. Something none of our previous young defenders (bar Skriniar) did that (Rano, Juan, Murillo.. All played well until one fuckup).

I'd play him as a starter at LCB. No other defender we have is better at that position.

PHM1605
24 Dec 19, 07:58
What a great first touch and vision this guy has. The New Nesta.
I don't disagree but please let Bastoni be Bastoni. I don't want a new "new Nesta" (Ranocchia) :okay:

Black Knight
24 Dec 19, 07:59
I don't disagree but please let Bastoni be Bastoni. I don't want a new "new Nesta" (Ranocchia) :okay:

Nesta is The Old Bastoni.