PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Season matches

Tommi
13 Apr 04, 16:40
Dunno if this deserves own thread, but in case anyone is interested...

Maybe we could post here all our pre-season matches/dates. Little early perhaps, but i saw this today:

Inter Milan will travel to Japan to play Urawa Reds in a pre-season match on july 27th, the J-League club announced in their website.

Inter to Asian market! *Thumbs up*

Fabio
13 Apr 04, 19:23
That would be good as the Asian market is always a good one for $$$! :star:

SB9Dragon
13 Apr 04, 22:34
Asian market is a soccer goldenmine, great idea 2 play there this year :star:

Stefan
13 Apr 04, 23:28
Well it is logicall for us to go and play in japan. We after all have an official shop and inter channel in japanesse there.

Fabio
13 Apr 04, 23:30
Well it is logicall for us to go and play in japan. We after all have an official shop and inter channel in japanesse there.

Which is exactly why we are saying that it is a good decision to go play there! :)

Stefan
13 Apr 04, 23:48
Never said it was a bad idea. ;)

Handoyo
14 Apr 04, 05:14
I have been to their official shops in Japan and were very unhappy there. They have a lot of unique Inter shirt but the biggest size were only medium. :fero: What the f*ck??? :irritate: This is a discrimintion against fat people!!! :frustrat: I only managed to get some accessories/souvenirs but no shirts at all. Oh, and they have this 'Guestbook' and I wrote www.interforums.com there because at that time Forza Inter hasn't existed yet. :embarass:

About our tour to Asia, I'm not so happy with that. True, we may be able to break through the Asian market but a lot of teams who went to have pre-season in Asia return home very tired and it caused more harm. Money isn't the only thing in football. Fitness is more important that money if we wanna win trohpies. But if we fail to qualify for the CL, maybe this tour is necessary to help ease our financial burden. And if the previous report of Inter touring to USA is true, than this pre-season will be a very bad one for us as we have to travel to far far continentals of America and Asia.

Hand:stress:yo

Okans girl
14 Apr 04, 10:20
Funny you should say that but I usually have the opposite problem. E-bay have had Inter shirts up for auction in the past and a couple have even had Okan on the back of them but they have always been in size large and they are huge on me. I am not skinny but medium shirts seem to be in short supply. Perhaps I should go to Japan then! :D

scutzon
14 Apr 04, 11:40
i'm wondering when Inter will visit Indonesia, or even Singapore... :rolleyes:

it's impossible, yes... but i'm still hoping. i'm definitely going to watch Inter if they ever visit Singapore... heck, i'll be a gigolo to earn enough money to buy the first class tickets...

Handoyo
14 Apr 04, 11:56
Jo-Ann: Maybe you should try buying them from store.inter.it or kitbag.com. ;)

Jupiter: There were rumours that Inter may visit Singapore. I know a guy who's in charge of these football tour stuff. I won't be surprised if he was the one who arranged Inter's Japanese tour. But he told me that the big problem he faced was there was nobody who wanted to sponsor Inter's tour to Singapore. Hence, it will remain as a wild wild dream. :(

Hand;)yo

Antti
14 Apr 04, 13:45
I'm not very faschinated about the idea either. Personally I prefer pre-season to be done at calm place without much travelling. So in the other words, I prefer pre-season to be done in Europe.

In addtition I think that a financial meaning of Asian market (or USA market) is exaggerated. As far as I know big majority of our money will come from TV rights, sponsor deals (UCL if we are there) and so on, no matter how big fan stuff sale is.

Interforeva
14 Apr 04, 14:34
Lots of european teams are doing these pre-season tours in other continents now so there must b a fair amount of cash to b made. It is also nice for Inter supporters further away to get to see the team.

Funny you should say that but I usually have the opposite problem. E-bay have had Inter shirts up for auction in the past and a couple have even had Okan on the back of them but they have always been in size large and they are huge on me. I am not skinny but medium shirts seem to be in short supply. Perhaps I should go to Japan then! :D

No need to go that far, just visit your local JD/JJB/allsports etc and they will have medium Inter shirts. If for some reason they don't and u visit london a bit then go to niketown or soccerscence. There are medium Inter shirts waiitng for you to buy em and good stores will even put Okan on the back for ya :)

Okans girl
14 Apr 04, 16:41
No need to go that far, just visit your local JD/JJB/allsports etc and they will have medium Inter shirts. If for some reason they don't and u visit london a bit then go to niketown or soccerscence. There are medium Inter shirts waiitng for you to buy em and good stores will even put Okan on the back for ya :)

Thanks for the info! If I get Okan put on the back of my shirt now though, I may be tempting fate and he won't be at Inter next season aS many people predict. Maybe I will wait and see first! :)

MoH
14 Apr 04, 17:44
Itís a good opportunity, but I hardly think itís good for the players! I mean all you do get is half of the revenue of tickets sold plus some lousy interest etc. Which is no where near a million, this whole thing is meant to build up a following, as the Japanese seem to be Football mad for the past few years. You wonít get rich overnight, if you did you would have the whole of Europe in Asia!

When you build a fan base the cash can roll in, I mean just look at Manure? Gorgeous Japanese babes wearing tight Inter shirt and its raining so heavily you could almost see their ni-*faints*

Handoyo
14 Apr 04, 18:11
Btw, Antti, you mentioned that TV revenue is one of the biggest source of income for clubs. Well, matches of popular clubs like Real Madrid, Man Utd, Liverpool and lots more; a lot of sports channel are fighting for the rights to show them. Inter is not as popular as them and although their matches are shown, I think channels doesn't pay as much as they have to pay the Reals and Man Utds. If we wanna sell our TV right at a higher price, we have to make sure that the demand for Inter's coverage in Asia is high. ;)

Hand;)yo

Antti
14 Apr 04, 19:20
Btw, Antti, you mentioned that TV revenue is one of the biggest source of income for clubs. Well, matches of popular clubs like Real Madrid, Man Utd, Liverpool and lots more; a lot of sports channel are fighting for the rights to show them. Inter is not as popular as them and although their matches are shown, I think channels doesn't pay as much as they have to pay the Reals and Man Utds. If we wanna sell our TV right at a higher price, we have to make sure that the demand for Inter's coverage in Asia is high. ;)
Hand;)yo

I'm not sure completely sure how TV rights selling system works but I doubt clubs can sell TV rights straight to forgein TV companies. I think we sell our Serie A TV rights for RAI which sell them forward to forgein companies. And RAI gets majority of money that is got from forgein companies and clubs maybe get only comission. So I don't think it's such imporant that Inter is very wanted in Asia because majority of Asian sport channel's TV right money goes elsewhere than for Inter.

In addition I think it's unrealistic to aim to be as popular as Madrid and MUFC in Asia. ;)

Stefan
14 Apr 04, 20:13
We sell our tv rights to sky italia. We, merda milan , rubbentus. Get the highest amount of the tv with the rest getting less.

Hammoudi
14 Apr 04, 22:27
And if the previous report of Inter touring to USA is true, than this pre-season will be a very bad one for us as we have to travel to far far continentals of America and Asia.

I don't think that's happening. AS Roma is going for sure to Canada, and I read that them and Milan will play some games in the US but not us.

Ziyad
14 Apr 04, 23:41
I havent heard of Inter coming to Inter otherwise i would be happy...I know with my luck that they will come here when i leave.

SB9Dragon
15 Apr 04, 00:22
I havent heard of Inter coming to Inter otherwise i would be happy...I know with my luck that they will come here when i leave.

Inter coming to Inter?? ;)

Handoyo
15 Apr 04, 06:18
I'm not sure completely sure how TV rights selling system works but I doubt clubs can sell TV rights straight to forgein TV companies. I think we sell our Serie A TV rights for RAI which sell them forward to forgein companies. And RAI gets majority of money that is got from forgein companies and clubs maybe get only comission. So I don't think it's such imporant that Inter is very wanted in Asia because majority of Asian sport channel's TV right money goes elsewhere than for Inter.

In addition I think it's unrealistic to aim to be as popular as Madrid and MUFC in Asia. ;)
It's still the same, isn't it??? ;) If the demand of Inter's coverage in Asia increase, RAI will set a higher price to the local Asian TV companies. And when Inter figure this out, they will increase the price of their TV rights to RAI.

I'm not saying that we should aim to be as popular as them but we should definitely make an attempt to get closer to them.

Hand;)yo

Stefan
15 Apr 04, 07:52
Guys rai doesn't own the rights sky italia does. Rai has to get the rights from them like everybody else. ;)

Miki
15 Apr 04, 11:41

I disagree there. Although, at the present moment, we are unsure as to how television networks, in cooperation with the football clubs, distribute their live feed to other networks around the world, we are sure of one thing - the Asian market is ripe for huge profits to be reaped. Up till now, Inter's support in Asia isn't as big as that of the Real Madrids, or the English teams, but with the huge numbers of people we're talking here, it would be possible to market Inter and strike a goldmine.

Also, don't forget that more support for Inter worldwide ensures more revenue coming in; be it from television rights, merchandise etc. There is nothing that Inter as a football club and a company stands to be disadvantaged from if they travel to Asia. After all, if they had the same doubts as you about new revenue coming from a region with a population total of more than 2 billion, they wouldn't be travelling to Japan then, would they? :)

Ciao,
Tim

Hammoudi
15 Apr 04, 14:07
I can think of one possible way of Inter's reputation growing worldwide. With the number of international players that play for inter our popularity will certainy increase. In fact, the only positive outcome of signing superstars, whom are mostly international, is that that raises our profile. For example, in the last world-cup we had the most players from one club (13 or 14 i think) and that was pleaseant.

We even look good for the future. Adriano will succeed Ronaldo as Brazil'e no.1 striker and that might happen sooner with Ronaldo's continuous injuries. Love or hate Brazil but they are followed by billions in the world. As some of us will testify, signing Ronaldo made some people support inter. I for once became more fond of Inter after they signed him and Vieri. We also have Martins, VDM, Stan and possibly many others on the way.

Success isn't the only way to be more popular but it is surely the best way. Well, at least signing these superstars can do us some good at the end. :D

SB9Dragon
15 Apr 04, 20:14
I became an Inter fan because of Ronaldo 2 ;)

Stefan
15 Apr 04, 21:04
Sadely I also started to support inter cause of ell traitor. :(

cool_cuchu
17 Apr 04, 05:21
Sadely I also started to support inter cause of ell traitor. :(

me too :dielaugh: :dielaugh:
I thought i would support real merda when he moved,
but the way he moved really hurted the fans, and real merda becomes the team I hate the most (I hate them more than I hate milan and juve)

Pravesh
17 Apr 04, 05:39

same here ! :D

But now, the traitor is my worst player. Everytime I watch Real's game, I pray for his injury (a very serious one).

:)

Stefan
17 Apr 04, 07:51

same here ! :D

But now, the traitor is my worst player. Everytime I watch Real's game, I pray for his injury (a very serious one).

:)

Me too. :D :D

SB9Dragon
17 Apr 04, 20:35
Not me, I'm still a Ronaldo fan. He's still one of my favorite strikers to watch... after Thierry Henry that is ;)

Stefan
18 Apr 04, 08:31
Not me, I'm still a Ronaldo fan. He's still one of my favorite strikers to watch... after Thierry Henry that is ;)

Me prefers to watch adriano and martins. :D

cool_cuchu
20 Apr 04, 05:40

Me prefers to watch adriano and martins. :D

Adriano is the best Man!
and Martins... I would say he can become bigger than the traitor..

They never look lazy on the pitch...
and he's more dificult to be injured..
with Ronaldo, you can't help yourself to worry how long he can sustain the harsh tackle given by italian defenders.. (well, too bad he's not playing serie a anymore, he will suffer a great deal here)

Pravesh
18 Jun 04, 10:52
BARI - (ANSA) Inter, Juventus and Palermo will contest the eighth edition of the Birra Moretti Trophy on 3 August. For the fifth year running, the mini tournament will take place at Bari's San Nicola Stadium.

Recognised as one of the most important pre-season friendly tournaments, the Birra Moretti Trophy is a chance for fans to see Inter and Juventus' new players in action, while for newly promoted Palermo the competition is the Sicilian side's first chance to pit themselves against two big teams ahead of their return to the Italian top flight after a 31-year absence.

According to the organisers, no other summer tournament can boast such big crowds, which equal those of certain Serie A and European cup competition matches (58,000 spectators watched last season's Birra Moretti Trophy).

================

MILAN - Argentines Javier Zanetti and Cristian Kily Gonzalez and Brazilian Adriano have been called up to their national teams for the 41st edition of the Copa America, to take place in Peru from 6-25 July.

The date for the Brazil retreat has yet to be officially communicated, while Argentina have two friendly internationals lined up before the tournament gets underway. Zanetti & co take on Colombia in Miami on 27 June then Peru in New York on 30 June before their opening Copa America match against Ecuador in Chiclayo on 7 July. Brazil's opening match of the tournament is against Chile in Arequipa on 8 July.

Uruguay coach Fossati has not called up Alvaro Recoba to his Copa America squad. (that's good)

sad that j.zanetti, adriano might miss the retreat then (with inter squad ??)

Granit
18 Jun 04, 21:45
BARI - (ANSA) Inter, Juventus and Palermo will contest the eighth edition of the Birra Moretti Trophy on 3 August. For the fifth year running, the mini tournament will take place at Bari's San Nicola Stadium.

Recognised as one of the most important pre-season friendly tournaments, the Birra Moretti Trophy is a chance for fans to see Inter and Juventus' new players in action, while for newly promoted Palermo the competition is the Sicilian side's first chance to pit themselves against two big teams ahead of their return to the Italian top flight after a 31-year absence.

According to the organisers, no other summer tournament can boast such big crowds, which equal those of certain Serie A and European cup competition matches (58,000 spectators watched last season's Birra Moretti Trophy).

================

thats is cool 58.000 spectators for a friendly...thats good...

Hammoudi
19 Jun 04, 00:50
So i think they will be a doubt for the CL prelims which might begin around July 29 or 30.

Fabio
19 Jun 04, 15:03
I might be going! :star:

Baggio
21 Jul 04, 10:57
INTER TO PLAY BOLTON ON 1 AUGUST
Wednesday, 21 July 2004 10:59:59

MILAN - As part of their preparations for the 2004/05 season, Inter take on Bolton Wanderers at the Reebok Stadium on Sunday 1 August. The pre-season friendly against former Nerazzurri midfielder Youri Djorkaeff's side is scheduled to kick off at 15:00BST.

www.inter.it

Pravesh
16 Aug 04, 17:16
MILANO - Getting ready for the Champions League match Inter-Basel, the Nerazzurri will play two friendly matches the 19th of august. In Novara at 4.45 p.m. the "Banca Popolare di Novara Trophy" a mini-tournament involving Inter, Novara (Italian serie C1) and Iraklis (Greek League), and in Genoa at 9 p.m. against Genoa in "Luigi Ferraris" stadium.

Not bad. But two matches in 1 day, yet again :D

I hope Mancini plays the first team against a good team of the lot and give chances to other players in the other matches. ;)