PDA

View Full Version : Round of 16: Uruguay - Portugal

Coasterfreek
25 Jun 18, 21:21
http://astrokentico-dev.s3.amazonaws.com/stadiumastro/media/wc2018/mainframe/worldcup_2018_logo.png

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fe/Flag_of_Uruguay.svg/300px-Flag_of_Uruguay.svg.png_https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e4/2e/e0/e42ee069411ef017000091ae634ba0b0.gif

Fisht Olympic Stadium, Sochi
30/6/18
21:00 local time, 19:00 CEST

Uruguay's last 3 results
Egypt - Uruguay 0 - 1
Uruguay - Saudi Arabia 1 - 0
Uruguay - Russia 3 - 0

Portugal's last 3 results
Portugal - Spain 3 - 3
Portugal - Morocco 1 - 0
Iran - Portugal 1 - 1

Fapuccino
25 Jun 18, 21:22
Pretty evenly matched. Let's see if they suspend Ronaldo.

CoolMan44
25 Jun 18, 22:19
I didn't watch the match but if the ref used VAR I dont believe you can suspend someone after.

Glass box
25 Jun 18, 22:25
Uruguay wins.

brehme1989
25 Jun 18, 23:52
Hope Uruguay wins. Joao Mario has to come back soon enough to be re-integrated with the rest of the team :D :D

crzdcolombian
26 Jun 18, 01:45
Uruguay is goIng to rape Portugal.

1 guy alone can’t beat a team. I have Uruguay in my final 4

Ed.
26 Jun 18, 03:42
Uruguay all the way.. the only team hasn’t conceded a goal after 3 games.

Portugal shall go home so we can sell Yao Mario sooner and use the money to buy someone else.

Zoro
26 Jun 18, 03:49
Suarez and Cavani have been underwhelming whilst Ronaldo has been on his game. He won't allow Portugal to go out this early in the comp at least.

crzdcolombian
26 Jun 18, 04:14
Suarez and Cavani have been underwhelming whilst Ronaldo has been on his game. He won't allow Portugal to go out this early in the comp at least.

Ronaldo was crap last game.... + he can't win by himself

Suarez and Cavani.... starting off super slow.... those guys get on a hat streak and its over

every single player on Uruguay is better then Portugal.... except the obvious one :)

Portugal has no other players but Ronaldo.... stop him or start hitting him. Uruguay can be an insanely insanely dirty team. If portugal had even a remotely decent 2nd player maybe. But 1 guy vs a top squad is too much. They only tied Spain because of a BS dive and De Gea being utter shit on the 2nd goal

Native
26 Jun 18, 11:24
Uruguay won't stand a chance. Portugal's great defending will make the biting rat Suarez and his friends as invisible as they were against Egypt and then CR7 will make the difference on the other side.

ElDuccio
26 Jun 18, 12:35
im starting to hate portugal, its like the euro 2016... 1-0 wins, lucky draws..everytime they play i fall asleep, they are so annoying.

Pepe dive cunt, Ronaldo as person sometimes a disgrace, Quaresma is shit, Joao Mario i dont even talk.

I liked Portugal one time with Figo, Carvahlo, Deco, Nuno gomes, postiga....

Adriano@10
26 Jun 18, 12:42
Ronaldo was crap last game.... + he can't win by himself

Suarez and Cavani.... starting off super slow.... those guys get on a hat streak and its over

every single player on Uruguay is better then Portugal.... except the obvious one :)

Portugal has no other players but Ronaldo.... stop him or start hitting him. Uruguay can be an insanely insanely dirty team. If portugal had even a remotely decent 2nd player maybe. But 1 guy vs a top squad is too much. They only tied Spain because of a BS dive and De Gea being utter shit on the 2nd goal

UHH what about Moutinho, guedes and Bernaro silva? To say that none of them is remotely close to being a top player is just wrong!

Anyways for me this is a very tight one i slightly tend towards portugal but they have not been playing well thus far.

crzdcolombian
26 Jun 18, 13:50
They are playing?!!! Moutinho is an awesome player but a bit old. Love him from his Porto days. Silva is great but what has he done so far in the Cup not a damn thing.

Portugal has guys playing in big teams and big leagues...... what that going to get them nothing. It’s Ronaldo + 10 just like Argentina is Messi +10 but Ronaldo actually gives a shit about his country

Azul
26 Jun 18, 15:17
im starting to hate portugal, its like the euro 2016... 1-0 wins, lucky draws..everytime they play i fall asleep, they are so annoying.

Pepe dive cunt, Ronaldo as person sometimes a disgrace, Quaresma is shit, Joao Mario i dont even talk.

I liked Portugal one time with Figo, Carvahlo, Deco, Nuno gomes, postiga....

tbh as boring/frustrating our NT team is this days I rather play like this and make decent results internationally than back then when we always played an exciting football but never win anything.
The NT that won us the Euro was horrible compared to the ones we had before like our self called golden generation with players like Baía, Couto, Paulo Sousa, Figo, Rui Costa, João Pinto. Or the one that got the best players of that generation plus new ones like Ricardo Carvalho, Deco, Ronaldo.

If you remember tournaments like Euro 2000 and even Euro 2004 we were a very attacking and entertaining side but at the end of the day we ended up losing when it mattered the most, growing up during those years was very frustrating.
I´m critic of the way our NT plays, like you can see in the our group thread, but at the same time as a Portuguese guy I rather have a trophy in the bag which tbh I never though was possible before the last Euro.

Adriano@10
26 Jun 18, 15:50
They are playing?!!! Moutinho is an awesome player but a bit old. Love him from his Porto days. Silva is great but what has he done so far in the Cup not a damn thing.

Portugal has guys playing in big teams and big leagues...... what that going to get them nothing. It’s Ronaldo + 10 just like Argentina is Messi +10 but Ronaldo actually gives a shit about his country

Well they are not always playing but they are in the squad and are good players.
Also i disagree with the 10+1 to me portugal looks like a team yes they depend on ronaldo but not in the same way argentina relys on messi. They actually play as a team and ronaldo is at the service of the team while it s the other way around with Argentina.

Look at portugal in the EC it was a team and not ronaldo +10 otherwise they would have never won. And i was heavily impressed by how much of a team player Ronaldo was in the EC and i feel like he still plays that way this WC.

Only thing that Portugal has let me down so far is that they stoped playing in a lot of the games once they were up and then never managed to get back in the game once they gave control up.

crzdcolombian
26 Jun 18, 18:06
Ronaldo tries to get his team to produce and in the game his hungry makes average players play slightly better

Messi’s depressed ass just makes everyone play worse

Devious
26 Jun 18, 22:12
Uruguay all the way.. the only team hasn’t conceded a goal after 3 games.

Portugal shall go home so we can sell Yao Mario sooner and use the money to buy someone else.

Specifically after the games vs mighty Egypt and hulkly KSA.

Im with Uruguay for ma babe.

MVD
26 Jun 18, 22:55
Im with Uruguay for ma babe.

:epicwin: :kiss: :heart:

CoolMan44
26 Jun 18, 23:26
Uruguay won't stand a chance. Portugal's great defending will make the biting rat Suarez and his friends as invisible as they were against Egypt and then CR7 will make the difference on the other side.

Uruguay are better at defending though - so I could see them shutting out Ronaldo.

ElDuccio
27 Jun 18, 10:56
tbh as boring/frustrating our NT team is this days I rather play like this and make decent results internationally than back then when we always played an exciting football but never win anything.
The NT that won us the Euro was horrible compared to the ones we had before like our self called golden generation with players like Baía, Couto, Paulo Sousa, Figo, Rui Costa, João Pinto. Or the one that got the best players of that generation plus new ones like Ricardo Carvalho, Deco, Ronaldo.

If you remember tournaments like Euro 2000 and even Euro 2004 we were a very attacking and entertaining side but at the end of the day we ended up losing when it mattered the most, growing up during those years was very frustrating.
I´m critic of the way our NT plays, like you can see in the our group thread, but at the same time as a Portuguese guy I rather have a trophy in the bag which tbh I never though was possible before the last Euro.

2006 Portugal got fourth behind 3 really strong teams.. 2004 it was unlucky in the final against Greece, 2002 eliminated thanks to the Korea corruption.

Serie A
27 Jun 18, 11:54
Uruguay has a solid team, but I'd really like to see them knocked out after Suarez red for biting Rinaldo's nose off

crzdcolombian
27 Jun 18, 12:34
Uruguay has a solid team, but I'd really like to see them knocked out after Suarez red for biting Rinaldo's nose off

You got to do what you got to do

Matrix racism won Italy a World Cup

Suarez hand ball which he personally called the hand of god got them to the semis stopping a last minute goal from
Believe Ghana in 2006 or 2010....

Both National heroes. Also if we talk about scum bags can’t go too far and say 80% of the Italian NT. 90% of the Brazilian with all those diving cunts

Besnik
27 Jun 18, 12:37
Uruguay is certainly better as a team, but Ronaldo is able to knock them out on his own. I think those kind of games are decided by little details which I think Ronaldo could finalise them.

Serie A
27 Jun 18, 16:20

Suarez hand ball which he personally called the hand of god got them to the semis stopping a last minute goal from

Both National heroes. Also if we talk about scum bags can’t go too far and say 80% of the Italian NT. 90% of the Brazilian with all those diving cunts

True, but Suarez is one of the most despicable unlikable cunts to ever set foot on a football pitch, and I want him shamed and responsible for his country's exit, I wouldn't mind if he breaks his legs and career in the process

CoolMan44
27 Jun 18, 21:32

I have no issue with what Suarez did against Ghana.

Racism of any form I will always be against, but what racism was there in terms to Materazzi?

crzdcolombian
27 Jun 18, 21:48
I have no issue with what Suarez did against Ghana.

Racism of any form I will always be against, but what racism was there in terms to Materazzi?

No one knows what Matrix said but for Zidane to react like that in a final couldn’t be nice

Fapuccino
27 Jun 18, 21:56
No one knows what Matrix said but for Zidane to react like that in a final couldn’t be nice

What racism lmfao? Don't be a SJW. Materazzi was saying something about his mother/sister.

Wobblz
27 Jun 18, 21:56
Actually it is well known what he said. He even admitted to it in an interview in 2016. You're just talking out your ass.

“What I said was stupid,” Materazzi told L’Equipe, “but it didn’t deserve that reaction.

“You would hear stronger words said on the streets of Naples, or Milan, or Paris, much more serious things.”

The most common version of events until now has been that Materazzi insulted Zidane’s mother but the Italian denies that this was the case.

“My mother died when I was 15, I would never have insulted his.

“I spoke about his sister.”

Expert trolling in the interview as well btw. Well done, Marco. Well done. :yao:

CoolMan44
27 Jun 18, 22:14

No one is saying what Materazzi said was nice... but you can't just assume racism out of nowhere.

Ed.
28 Jun 18, 01:45
Uruguay is certainly better as a team, but Ronaldo is able to knock them out on his own. I think those kind of games are decided by little details which I think Ronaldo could finalise them.

If Uruguay learns from Iran, they will knock out Portugal easily.

Fitzy
28 Jun 18, 02:16

:lol:

Devious
28 Jun 18, 13:34
There is a possible senario which could see Portugal faces Argentina in the quarters. It's a game which is good for spectators numbers,bets and would generate a lot of money.

But for that to happen France mifgt get fucked up by some shitty refereeing, same might happen with Uruguay.

Zoro
28 Jun 18, 16:21
There is a possible senario which could see Portugal faces Argentina in the quarters. It's a game which is good for spectators numbers,bets and would generate a lot of money.

But for that to happen France mifgt get fucked up by some shitty refereeing, same might happen with Uruguay.

Tbh so would a rematch of the Euro 2016 final right? Revenge for France maybe.

Serie A
28 Jun 18, 18:01

That was smart but cuntish trolling my Marco, but I'll take it and the world cup

Native
28 Jun 18, 18:36
That was smart but cuntish trolling my Marco, but I'll take it and the world cup
Marco Materazzi :proud: :proud: :proud:

The one thing that always crosses my mind when I think about him is the glorious photo he took at the end of his career with us. The one where he poses with all the trophies Inter won in a single season.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_sWYbDWYAMExHx.jpg

I wonder how many juBe players have a picture like that?

crzdcolombian
28 Jun 18, 19:03
Marco Materazzi :proud: :proud: :proud:

The one thing that always crosses my mind when I think about him is the glorious photo he took at the end of his career with us. The one where he poses with all the trophies Inter won in a single season.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_sWYbDWYAMExHx.jpg

I wonder how many juBe players have a picture like that?

That makes me so sad bro

What diff 8 years makes.....

Hopefully we win at least 1 Cup
This season. I’d be super happy with the league. Those Juve cunts can’t win again!

ElDuccio
28 Jun 18, 22:13
It´s not Materazzi´s fault if Zidane was a cunt. It´s not like i need to react this way if someone insults me...

Alex de Large
28 Jun 18, 22:20
Whoever wins will face go all the way to the semifinals against Brazil.

crzdcolombian
29 Jun 18, 02:55
All South American Final :)

Colombia awaits Uruguay or Brazil :)

JJM
29 Jun 18, 14:34
All South American Final :)

Colombia awaits Uruguay or Brazil :)

:yao::lol:Careful you might get Japan again hahahaha

crzdcolombian
29 Jun 18, 15:26
That game would get no people to watch haha

Tho I’ll take it. after the final 16 everyone deserves to be there

If Japan beat Colombia and Belgium and is in the final 8.... haha

Really hope for a Naga troll goal. Make him worth 10 mil

CoolMan44
29 Jun 18, 18:18
Am I the only person that finds Uruguay a likeable team?

Serie A
29 Jun 18, 20:40
It´s not Materazzi´s fault if Zidane was a cunt. It´s not like i need to react this way if someone insults me...

Well people have different level of respect they have for their family and that is directly proportional to how they react when their sister or mother is insulted
As a classy player I doubt Zidane was insulted in the way ever before in his career (involving his sister) but still I'm baffled as to why he would do something like that in a wild cup final, though I am glad he did, landed us a WC

- - - Updated - - -

Yes

crzdcolombian
29 Jun 18, 21:11

you aren't South American... they are a super dirty cunty team....

they either elbow you in the face.... or bunker for 90 minutes attack 1 time and score..... much like italy

brehme1989
29 Jun 18, 23:36

No.
They personify what people love about cult Latinamerican futbol.

Bob Sacamano
30 Jun 18, 13:47
Many cards coming up this evening with players like Godin, Pepe, Gimenez, Carvalho, Adrien Silva and Vecino on the pitch.

More looking forward to this one than to France-Argentina, just because i expect a heated match with Suarez vs. Pepe and Ronaldo vs. Godin.

Azul
30 Jun 18, 18:00
Another game more changes for Portugal, you can see that our coach isn´t happy about the way the team is playing.

Ricardo is starting for the first time instead of Cedric, if there´s one game that I´d probably start Cedric this would be it, I don´t understand how he didn´t play against Morocco or Iran when we needed a more attacking RB and is going to start today but whatever . Bernardo Silva and Gonçalo Guedes are back on the team replacing Quaresma and André Silva.

With this I believe we´ll play similarly than what we did against Spain, all in the back and hoping that one of our midfielders can get a through ball to either Ronaldo or Guedes.
I don´t believe that trying again a formula that only worked because Ronaldo decided the match is a great strategy but our coach tried 3 different thing in 3 different matches and nothing worked, at the same time at this point you can´t keep trying to find the perfect fit, so he´ll try what the players already know.
Most of our players are just not confident with the ball on their feet and are playing way bellow to their real level, only Ronaldo, Patrício and Pepe in this last 2 matches have been good enough. The team only played well the first 25 minutes against Iran for the whole WC.
Bernardo Silva, Gonçalo Guedes, Raphael Guerreiro and João Mário (I know, but he´s usually good for our NT) have disappointed in this WC and I hope they turn things around today otherwise we´ll be gone.

J..
30 Jun 18, 18:22
Uruguay is well known for their physical and defensive approach which is quite the opposite of traditional South American football. It is perhaps the reason to why they have done this good for so many years. Impressing as the nation only have 3.5 million people.

This will probably be a low scoring match with 5 or more yellow cards and the only goal scored after the 80th-something minute.

Serie A
30 Jun 18, 18:27
Time for ronaldo to show how it's done

Bob Sacamano
30 Jun 18, 18:27
(LA PRENDE) VECINOOOOOOOOO in the starting XI.

Mad Biscione
30 Jun 18, 18:29
It's a Greece vs Greece with Ronaldo game.

And where is the poll? I wanna see if I can loose all of them.

dynasty27
30 Jun 18, 18:30
Joao M vs Vecino
neither could be sold this summer

Linege
30 Jun 18, 19:01
Joao M vs Vecino

clash of the titans

Devious
30 Jun 18, 19:03
Shit Joasshole almost an assist, we need the money, di something to raise your shitty price tag fucker

crzdcolombian
30 Jun 18, 19:04
Joao M vs Vecino

Hope both score a hattrick today so we can get at least what we paid for them back

Mad Biscione
30 Jun 18, 19:04
7 Uruguay players play or have played in Serie A

Devious
30 Jun 18, 19:08
What a beautiful goal and a fantastic assist

Mad Biscione
FUCK YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Linege
cavani !!!

Fapuccino
What. A. Goal. :dazed:

Maicon
Superb link up play

crzdcolombian
30 Jun 18, 19:09
Cavani you Cunt!!!!

I finally took you out of my fantasy team and you do that shit!!!

Glass box
30 Jun 18, 19:10
Great assist.

Devious
30 Jun 18, 19:11
Vecino got owned there

thatdude
30 Jun 18, 19:14
Vecino got owned there

That was definitely a foul

Fapuccino
30 Jun 18, 19:15
It's so weird seeing Inter players on a TV and not a shitty stream.

Devious
Suarez seems in Liverpool form today, it's likely hesr gona score

bolo
Vecino or/and Mario will score

Maicon
poor cross Vecino :thumbsdo:

thatdude
30 Jun 18, 19:17
Haven't seen Suarez look this sharp in at least a year.

Good passing between Vecino and Toreirra

Cavani's tracking back is immense

Devious
30 Jun 18, 19:19
Muslera reminds me of Carini

crzdcolombian
30 Jun 18, 19:24
Looks like will be a goal fest

That Portuguese Defense looks crazy leaky

Is it just me but doesn’t laxalt of Uruguay look like Ellie from Last of Us :)

Devious
30 Jun 18, 19:32
Carvahlo's pass distribution is good, much better than both Vecino and Gags combined

Azul
30 Jun 18, 19:33
Guerreiro is a very good FK taker but because Ronaldo scored once now he’s not allowed to take anyone anymore...

Devious
30 Jun 18, 19:33
Ronaldo looks like my dick

Mad Biscione
30 Jun 18, 19:34

https://i.imgur.com/Z6Si4G6.png

Glass box
30 Jun 18, 19:39
What the fuck why doesn't he shoot naked.

Devious
30 Jun 18, 19:44
Beautiful acting performance from Suarez so far

vasilios
30 Jun 18, 19:45
fuck off suarez

J..
30 Jun 18, 19:54
fuck off suarez

Candidate for post of the year.

Fapuccino
30 Jun 18, 20:08

Brazzers' new star.

Azul
30 Jun 18, 20:13
Pepe is a beast!
——-/
Our defense it too shit for this, first attack on the second half when we were playing much better at this time.

Mad Biscione
30 Jun 18, 20:21
:awwyeah:

Maicon
oh wow Cavani

Fapuccino
Cavani and Suarez went from 0 to 100 real quick. PSG stars shining these two games.

crzdcolombian
30 Jun 18, 20:22
oh wow Cavani

I hate him so much right now...... wtf were you in group stages

Devious
30 Jun 18, 20:22
Cavani making it look easy, magnificent!

To think he was offered to Moratti in 2011 and Moratti refused :rolleyes:

Azul
30 Jun 18, 20:30
Bernardo Silva is a great player but he’s having an awful WC, how can you miss an open goal like this...
It was a foul though

Kenny
30 Jun 18, 20:30
i want stuani on

Mad Biscione
30 Jun 18, 20:34
Torreira is having a great game :megusta:

thatdude
30 Jun 18, 20:35
Guedes has had a really poor tournament. No idea what exactly is special about him or what he's supposed to be good at

Universe
30 Jun 18, 20:39
Guedes has had a really poor tournament. No idea what exactly is special about him or what he's supposed to be good at

When on form, he looked really classy at Valencia. (Key word being "when") But I want to stress what you said, he's had a really, really fucking poor World Cup.

Vecino is a sad player and Joao Mario doesn't deserve to wear the #10 jersey for a high school team. Andre Silva is a loser as well. Now that I've said that, watch them combine to score a world class goal.

thatdude
30 Jun 18, 20:40
Also to be fair William Carvalho has looked much better today then last game.

vasilios
30 Jun 18, 20:41
Vecino is a sad player and Joao Mario doesn't deserve to wear the #10 jersey for a high school team. Andre Silva is a loser as well. Now that I've said that, watch them combine to score a world class goal.

That's 100mil worth of footballing talent right there

thatdude
30 Jun 18, 20:42
Good tackle on Ronaldo by Vecino

thatdude
30 Jun 18, 20:43
Judging by that pass from Sanchez I can tell we've already seen the end of Uruguay's bench.

Devious
30 Jun 18, 20:46
:palm:

We'll be lucky to sell this piece of shit for 15m

- - - Updated - - -

Both Portuguese fullbacks are really crap

J..
30 Jun 18, 20:47
Lol Manuel Fernandes is worse than Mario.

Fapuccino
30 Jun 18, 20:48
Idk why I picked Portugal over Uruguay tbh. I just assumed Portugal would reface France in quarters, for France to have a chance at payback, but if you look at their overall squad, Uruguay is as good, if not better than Portugal.

Maybe midfield? Portugal is a bit better, if that.

Universe
30 Jun 18, 20:48
That's 100mil worth of footballing talent right there

Joao Mario - first choice midfielder for the reigning European champions, wearer of the fabled #10 jersey, most expensive player in the glorious history of Italian giants Inter. And yet, when he has time and space with the ball just outside the penalty box, I feel less threatened than when I drink a glass of room-temperature water.

J..
30 Jun 18, 20:51
Joao Mario - first choice midfielder for the reigning European champions, wearer of the fabled #10 jersey, most expensive player in the glorious history of Italian giants Inter. And yet, when he has time and space with the ball just outside the penalty box, I feel less threatened than when I drink a glass of room-temperature water.

Add Andre Silva with number 9. It's hilarious.

Devious
30 Jun 18, 20:52
Viva referee! Bravoo!!

J..
30 Jun 18, 20:53
Should have been a freekick

Devious
30 Jun 18, 20:54
No it's better that way

Fapuccino
30 Jun 18, 20:55
That's wild. We just witnessed the last World Cup games from Messi and Ronaldo, back to back.

J..
30 Jun 18, 20:56
Messi out. Ronaldo out.

- - - Updated - - -

Well done Uruguay. It's deserved.

Azul
30 Jun 18, 20:57
We deserved at least a draw on this one but oh well.

Good luck to Uruguay for the rest of the tournament

Devious
30 Jun 18, 20:57
Tbh it's good to see both Messi and CR out, kids spectators should fuck off now, WC is for grownups

ElDuccio
30 Jun 18, 20:58
what do you exepct with cunt players like joao mario, andre silva and quaresma :lol:

Choppin Onions
30 Jun 18, 20:59
Cavani with a superb match. What a player he is. Hopefully he can recover for France though. He wasn't putting much weight on that leg when going off.

Jnr
30 Jun 18, 21:09
Joao Mario was piss poor tonight. We'd be lucky to get 25M for this crybaby.

Universe
30 Jun 18, 21:09
what do you exepct with cunt players like joao mario, andre silva and quaresma :lol:

As much of a clown Quaresma has been, from flopping at Inter to pissing on people at Besiktas, in between incidents of madness he's had an infinitely more respectable career than Joao Mario could dare dream of.

ScottishInterista
30 Jun 18, 21:10
As much of a clown Quaresma has been, from flopping at Inter to pissing on people at Besiktas, in between incidents of madness he's had an infinitely more respectable career than Joao Mario could dare dream of.

He's also had a really good tournament

Ed.
30 Jun 18, 21:11
Vecino kicked Yao Mario out of Inter and World Cup.. :awyeah:

Azul
30 Jun 18, 21:15
I was expecting João Mario to step up in this WC, he really needed that after the last seasons.
He seemed motivated during the friendlies but he was terrible in the tournament, I can’t explain how someone can change so much in 2 seasons, seeing him now he looks like a player from a mid table team of the Portuguese league.

ElDuccio
30 Jun 18, 21:17

He's also had a really good tournament

every time he touches the ball it seems like he want to imitate ronaldo..he is a clown.

Ed.
30 Jun 18, 21:20
I was expecting João Mario to step up in this WC, he really needed that after the last seasons.
He seemed motivated during the friendlies but he was terrible in the tournament, I can’t explain how someone can change so much in 2 seasons, seeing him now he looks like a player from a mid table team of the Portuguese league.

Mentality is the answer.

I mean we're talking about someone who comes to Inter as the most expensive player in history but never able to deliver to his price tag. He was sent off to make a space for another player who offered more stability (not necessarily better) but he never fought for his place. He surrendered his spot and eventually got loaned out. He returned from a loan spell telling people in public that he doesn't want to be in the club anymore. This is a loser mentality.

IRR26
30 Jun 18, 21:27

Was he even that good player before Inter signed him?

Fapuccino
30 Jun 18, 21:36
Messi and Ronaldo have never scored a goal in the knockout stages of the World Cup.

Mbappe in 1 game scored more goals than both of them combined in their entire career :lol:

Azul
30 Jun 18, 21:55
Was he even that good player before Inter signed him?

He was. Crucial for both Sporting and Portugal, he had the unusual ability to shape the game and control the tempo of the plays he was never a finisher but apart from that he was a very good overall player, now he just seems lost on the pitch.

crzdcolombian
30 Jun 18, 21:59
Man Ronaldo’s back must be killing him right now

Uruguay need to be more aggressive offensively. Before the goal looked like the game would end 5-0. They scored then kind of stopped. Took a nap. Woke up Pepe scored then got interesting.

Portugal’s back line was too old. Also how is Cancelo not good enough for this team but the ghost of Inter rejects pass Are

Glass box
30 Jun 18, 22:02
Cavani making it look easy, magnificent!

To think he was offered to Moratti in 2011 and Moratti refused :rolleyes:

I think that in 2010 Cavani stated publicly that he wants to join Inter.

The answer from our beloved club is obvious.

Coasterfreek
30 Jun 18, 22:05
Good job Uruguay.

Wallace
30 Jun 18, 22:16
every time he touches the ball it seems like he want to imitate ronaldo..he is a clown.

Its the other way round tho, since the days of Sporting.

Ed.
30 Jun 18, 22:22
Two teams in world cup rejected Inter players and wen't home on the same day.. Lol. The Inter Effect!

chipschups
30 Jun 18, 22:28
I think that in 2010 Cavani stated publicly that he wants to join Inter.

The answer from our beloved club is obvious.

Benitez want him and Cavani says he wants to be Inter's Rooney but yeah Moratti says no. He come to napoli with only loan and 15mil option to buy.

K.I.
01 Jul 18, 00:23
He was. Crucial for both Sporting and Portugal, he had the unusual ability to shape the game and control the tempo of the plays he was never a finisher but apart from that he was a very good overall player, now he just seems lost on the pitch.

Why do you think that happened to him? Is it a mental issue?

Azul
01 Jul 18, 11:01
Why do you think that happened to him? Is it a mental issue?

It must be, either that or he´s that kind of player than can only adapt in a specific kind of football/league.
At first I thought he didn´t settle in Italy and the Italian football but it´s not like he did wonders in England as well...

firmino
01 Jul 18, 12:16
Sometimes I wonder if the players still care for their national team. So it's refreshing to watch Uruguay, where it is clear that everyone is giving their 110% and are focused on the good of the team only.

K.I.
01 Jul 18, 14:09
It must be, either that or he´s that kind of player than can only adapt in a specific kind of football/league.
At first I thought he didn´t settle in Italy and the Italian football but it´s not like he did wonders in England as well...

Its not easy going to a middle team in a new league midseason, but his mindset, interviews along with his performances with Inter and even now with Portugal are subpar at best.

TBH its sad that some players end up like this but at the same time the dude just annoys the shit out of me for no reason. LOL 10# for both Inter & Portugal, GTFOH.