PDA

View Full Version : Matteo Politano

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

vasilios
30 Jun 18, 16:24
Official

https://www.inter.it/en/news/63205/matteo-politano-is-an-inter-player

MILAN - Matteo Politano is officially an Inter player. The Italian attacker has joined the Nerazzurri on a one-year loan with a right to buy next season.

Born in Rome on August 3rd, 1993, Politano came through the Giallorossi youth sector. He featured for the Primavera and helped them secure the Scudetto in 2010-11 and the Coppa Italia in 2011-12. Matteo went on loan to Perugia the following season and made his professional debut in Lega Pro. His 10 goals from 35 appearances played a part in helping the Umbrian side reach the play-offs.

This positive spell with Perugia earned Politano a jump up to Serie B, with Pescara obtaining his signature in the summer of 2013. Matteo soon slotted into the first team and scored six goals in 32 appearances. His second year in Abruzzo saw the striker really establish himself at the club, making 49 appearances and scoring six goals. He was a key figure for Marco Baroni and then Massimo Oddo, with Pescara just missing out Serie A promotion after losing to Bologna in the play-off final.

At this point, Matteo was ready to make the step up to Italy’s top tier, duly signing for Eusebio Di Francesco’s Sassuolo in July 2015. Politano’s performances improved significantly during his time with the Neroverdi, scoring five league goals in each of his first two seasons, and three in the Europa League during the latter.

The 2017-18 season saw him really emerge as a top player, as he played a key role in keeping Giuseppe Iachini’s side in Serie A. He put in a solid run of impressive performances, scoring 10 league goals and one in the TIM Cup. This duly earned him a call-up to Roberto Mancini’s National Team, making his Azzurri debut in a friendly against Saudi Arabia on May 28th.

He’s left-footed with rapid pace and smart technique. He’s versatile (can also play on the wings and in numerous roles across the front) and is also a threat from set-pieces. Luciano Spalletti will now have Matteo Politano available as an additional danger man up front.

#WelcomeMatteo and best of luck ahead of your new Inter adventure!

qb4ever_2k
30 Jun 18, 16:26
Welcome to another 3 years of Candreva starting.

yoszee
30 Jun 18, 16:27
Guess the number.

My guess #7

Universe
30 Jun 18, 16:39
He wore #16 at Sassuolo and it's free here.

Maslany
30 Jun 18, 16:40
Good luck, kick Candreva's starting ass please!

Provenzano
30 Jun 18, 16:41
Welcome and good luck!

https://image.ibb.co/cB3QcJ/B523582_D_629_F_4823_B6_CB_3_E58448_DA9_EB.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/j7z1jy/55494350_7_FD4_433_F_A09_C_EAF14_E45_EAAF.jpg

yoszee
30 Jun 18, 16:45
Missiroli wore #7 since 2012, he joined Sas 2015.
No way he brave enough took that number from a senior.
16 = 1 + 6 = 7

He will take #7, the cursed number.

Nero Indigo
30 Jun 18, 16:46
Good fucking luck. You'll need it for this team #ForzaInter

qb4ever_2k
30 Jun 18, 16:48
Missiroli wore #7 since 2012, he joined Sas 2015.
No way he brave enough took that number from a senior.
16 = 1 + 6 = 7

He will take #7, the cursed number.

We decided not to exercise our option on our last #7, he then joint ruben, sounds fitting :work:

MakavelInterista
30 Jun 18, 17:13
I really like this move. We desperately needed some squad depth last season, particularly with Perisic shitting the bed for 3 months and having no other option for Spaletti but to play him.

Good price, solid, dependable, and versatile player. Sounds like a smart signing particularly as we will need depth for multiple competitions next year

Il Drago
30 Jun 18, 17:15
I can't say i am a fan of this move. I don't rate him as highly as others. At least it's a loan with option. I hope he's coming as a backup and not as our starting RW. Anyway, welcome and good luck!

danz
30 Jun 18, 17:18
Welcome to the hell and good luck!

Shark
30 Jun 18, 17:20
Guess the number.

My guess #7

#7 is reserved for Mbappe iirc.

I can't say i am a fan of this move. I don't rate him as highly as others. At least it's a loan with option. I hope he's coming as a backup and not as our starting RW. Anyway, welcome and good luck!

I agree. The price makes this deal actually good. Only downside of this deal is that it could end up like another Cancelo situation where he absolutely bosses and we decide to send him back to Sass.

Mad Biscione
30 Jun 18, 17:20
I have a positive feeling about this fella, he really impressed in the game against us.

Tanel
30 Jun 18, 17:25
Good signing I think, esp with that model. I do hope we do not rest there and get another option so there is an actual competition for the winger positions.

Serie A
30 Jun 18, 17:39
Let's hope you blow up and then stick around, I have no idea what to expect

ScottishInterista
30 Jun 18, 18:25
Loan with option means we cant really complain about the deal especially how its likely we wont actually sign him

Rasha
30 Jun 18, 18:58
welcome kiddo, hope you show this FIF cock suckers how its done

JJM
30 Jun 18, 19:52
https://scontent-frt3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/36376844_10157638356788696_2436984243549634560_n.j pg?_nc_cat=0&oh=5908eea810d2b315c42e6809ad6ea5c4&oe=5BB21CA4
https://scontent-frt3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/36382023_10157638357213696_4858894019473702912_n.j pg?_nc_cat=0&oh=80094f9e65c116f491c7df9b5290d559&oe=5BA88ABB
already doing the Epic Brozo deal
https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/36427091_10157638355778696_8367775776526827520_n.j pg?_nc_cat=0&oh=9518d77e36524a1481e3a5bf5bda5a81&oe=5B9FD288
https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/36376189_10157638356478696_9120696561561501696_n.j pg?_nc_cat=0&oh=ad99fc2626b97c90a7ffc05d19fb1acc&oe=5BEA5AD3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByXl3KJkhns

Illyricum
30 Jun 18, 19:54
Welcome.

I hope u will be our next Skriniar upfront.

J..
30 Jun 18, 20:02
We do already have Candreva and Karamoh on the right wing. Is Politano able to play on the left side?

ElDiego22
30 Jun 18, 20:04
Politano = Candreva.

I hope his crosses is better.

Ed.
30 Jun 18, 20:14
We do already have Candreva and Karamoh on the right wing. Is Politano able to play on the left side?

Yes. He plays left right and centre.

javier_zanetti <3
30 Jun 18, 20:51
I believe Karamoh would go on loan, It will be benefit for Inter and for him. I dont want to give up on him, i really think the boy has bright future.

Candreva will stay. If Sapll would play with 3 man defence, Candreva is a player that fits very well in this formation. I think that he won't be a regular starter, like he was last season although he was shit, he can be useful player. unless we get 15-20M offer for him, i think we better keep him.

Besnik
30 Jun 18, 21:24
We are making smart moves in transfer market lately. We have signed quality players and the pre-season hasn't begun yet, I don't remember the last time when our management has done those kind of moves this early, which means the players will be ready from day one.

Politano is such a low key signing but at the same time a quality player who can score and provide assists. Besides, he can play in few positions in attack which will give us more options when needed.

Though San Siro has been a lucky stadium for him so lets hope that will continue while he will perform as an Inter player.

chipschups
30 Jun 18, 21:32
Welcome home boy, finish your honeymoon and be ready for long season.

yoszee
30 Jun 18, 23:40
I believe Karamoh would go on loan, It will be benefit for Inter and for him. I dont want to give up on him, i really think the boy has bright future.

Candreva will stay. If Sapll would play with 3 man defence, Candreva is a player that fits very well in this formation. I think that he won't be a regular starter, like he was last season although he was shit, he can be useful player. unless we get 15-20M offer for him, i think we better keep him.

Let's hope Ausillio have the same thought as you.

- - - Updated - - -

We decided not to exercise our option on our last #7, he then joint ruben, sounds fitting :work:

Safe play.
Is his transfer an obligation or right?

varmin
01 Jul 18, 05:37
Politano is more wide forward than a one dimensional wiger like Candreva. With him and Lautaro, Sapalletti won't be dependable on one playing style.
I'm curious what will be his main formation if we assume that Perisic & Icardi will be certain starters.

uny_arturo
01 Jul 18, 06:18

Do we officially own Karanth? Otherwise how do we loan out an on-loan player :chan:

javier_zanetti <3
01 Jul 18, 06:23
Do we officially own Karanth? Otherwise how do we loan out an on-loan player :chan:
Karamoh joined us on loan with obligation to purchase, so he's our player.

forzainter257
01 Jul 18, 07:15
His nose though.. did he use to be a boxer?:brozo:
Happy we bought him and not Berardi lol

Armes
01 Jul 18, 07:24
I don't even...
but that's fine.

Dogen
01 Jul 18, 08:46
Welcome Matteo FFPolitano.

He looks happy as a clam: that's the right spirit and a good starting point.

DARi0
01 Jul 18, 14:29
Benvenuto Matteo! :D I wish you win many trophies @ INTER! :proud:

https://www.inter.it/img/361613-900.jpg

I like everything about this guy: smart, tricky, quick and great technique. I believe this is an obligation to buy in disguise, as we will probably activate the clause next summer. He will confirm his stature and hopefully make me forget about Verdi. He is devastating on the counter so I consider this a very good signing for us - we have been missing this kind of acceleration & pace. That nose only proves he has a big dick and does not get scared by big teams, so let`s start the winning cycle again!

Anyone knows if we payed €5m or €7m for the loan? I`ve read several conflicting reports, most of them reporting €5m. Anyway, he looks sincerely happy to be here and I`m sure he`ll stay for many years to come, delivering much more than FIF expects from him. :datass:

Besnik
01 Jul 18, 14:32
Apparently he has chosen number 7 in the shirt.

chipschups
01 Jul 18, 14:37
Benvenuto Matteo! :D I wish you win many trophies @ INTER! :proud:

https://www.inter.it/img/361613-900.jpg

I like everything about this guy: smart, tricky, quick and great technique. I believe this is an obligation to buy in disguise, as we will probably activate the clause next summer. He will confirm his stature and hopefully make me forget about Verdi. He is devastating on the counter so I consider this a very good signing for us - we have been missing this kind of acceleration & pace. That nose only proves he has a big dick and does not get scared by big teams, so let`s start the winning cycle again!

Anyone knows if we payed €5m or €7m for the loan? I`ve read several conflicting reports, most of them reporting €5m. Anyway, he looks sincerely happy to be here and I`m sure he`ll stay for many years to come, delivering much more than FIF expects from him. :datass:

They buy odgaard for 5 mil and we loan him for 7 mil so we actually only spent 2 mil to loan him.

DIN011
01 Jul 18, 14:46

If he’s our #7 next season I would be very, very disappointed.

K.I.
01 Jul 18, 14:52
Some are saying 16...i doubt he would leave 7 [i doubt that...unless they want it for Malcolm but that would be a douche request] unless he was asked to or wants to keep his 16 going.

Besnik
01 Jul 18, 14:59
If he’s our #7 next season I would be very, very disappointed.

Politano is a great addition in our squad and there is no room for disappointment or complaints. We desperately needed someone like him. He can make difference and is a pretty skilful player.

However there is speculations that we will try for Malcom in the upcoming week so lets see what happens.

DIN011
01 Jul 18, 15:17
Politano is a great addition in our squad and there is no room for disappointment or complaints. We desperately needed someone like him. He can make difference and is a pretty skilful player.

However there is speculations that we will try for Malcom in the upcoming week so lets see what happens.

#7 is meant for star players and starters, it’s a number you have to earn. It should go to a big player or someone with huge potential, not some random 24 year old that’s had 6 decent months in his entire career. Look at all the big clubs in the world and see who’s wearing the #7 shirt.

Like I said, #7 should go to a starter, and if Politano is really meant to be a starter(which I refuse to believe) then we’re fucked.

- - - Updated - - -

#7 is meant for star players and starters, it’s a number you have to earn. It should go to a big player or someone with huge potential, not some random 24 year old that’s had 6 decent months in his entire career. Look at all the big clubs in the world and see who’s wearing the #7 shirt.

Like I said, #7 should go to a starter, and if Politano is really meant to be a starter(which I refuse to believe) then we’re fucked.

.h.
01 Jul 18, 15:25
i agree, lets bring back kdog, JM, gabigol and all those other people who have high potential...

Besnik
01 Jul 18, 16:09

Lol, who said that? :lol: Number on the shirt means jackshit, thats very random and doesn't matter if Politano wears number 7, 16, 62 or whatever lol.

Its the performances on the pitch what matters. Politano had a great season with Sassuolo and he his quality is obvious, besides he kept a "40m player Berardi" under his shadow, and I'm pretty sure he is ready for toughest challenge than Sassuolo.

He is a well matured player, doesn't rush into things and is also intelligent. I'm totally fine with him being a starter for us in the upcoming season. Though what will Malcom bring in our game that Politano won't?

Maslany
01 Jul 18, 16:31
The giveaway of the number 7 means jackshit really... J.Mario had #10, was supposed to be a leader and he sucked big time. Maybe Politano will surprise all of you doubters, who knows?

Javier'sSon
01 Jul 18, 16:56
Who the fuck is he? Bet his mom wonders the same thing.

DARi0
02 Jul 18, 06:19

Source? My sauce says he will wear #16.

Relax man, it`s just a number. But from marketing perspective, I see your point. I guess Malcom will wear #7.

Martinez #10
De Vrij #6
Asamoah #18
Nainggolan #14
Politano #16

Universe
02 Jul 18, 07:29
Just retire the #7 as it's clearly cursed since Figo.

Quaresma, Pazzini, Coutinho, Schelotto, Belfodil, Kondogbia and finally Cancelo who appeared to break the curse by having a great season but then went to juve.

JJM
02 Jul 18, 07:38
What about the #10
Ronaldo, Morfeo, Adriano(depression) , Sneijder(the flu days), Kova(sold because FFP :yao: ) , Jovetic, J. Mario

#SaveLautaro

Bluenine
02 Jul 18, 07:38
If we are buying another RW (Malcom?) then Politano might be rotated quite a bit. Forwards thrive on confidence, and the rotation may hurt that. Give him the number, if it gives him a confidence boost.

Its just a number.

EDIT: I hear he is getting #16

Il Drago
02 Jul 18, 07:41

Relax man, it`s just a number. But from marketing perspective, I see your point. I guess Malcom will wear #7.

Martinez #10
De Vrij #6
Asamoah #18
Nainggolan #14
Politano #16

I am a bit surprised with Asamoah choice. I thought he would take #22, the same jersey number he had at Juve. The others were totally expected. I agree that Malcom will probably wear #7.

TheNetworkZ
02 Jul 18, 07:51
I'm sure he was brought in to be vice-Perisic rather than being one of the 4 potential options on the right. He was involved (or scored, can't remember) with about half of Sassuolo's goals last season so hopefully he brings some of that form here with us.

chipschups
02 Jul 18, 08:32

Save the best for the last 3 signing, RB, winger and CM

tonyclifton
02 Jul 18, 09:00
What's with the people's reaction here as if we have signed a 40 year old Tommaso Rocchi?

Look, Politano is certainly not a world beater, but he's not an average player either. He's a good player, technically capable, and not a one dimensional player like what Candreva has become. Plus, he's a also goalscoring threat, something that our midfield department severely lacks. Serie A proven, knows the league well and doesn't need time to settle in. Italian, and should be at the peak of his career, at the golden age of 24.

If the reason most people here hate him is just because he doesn't do flashy shit like 30 consecutive stepovers or any sort of showboating crap like fucking Gabigol does, then I don't even know what to say. Politano is a no nonsense player and a professional. He's definitely an upgrade over the current one dimensional cross spamming Candreva that we have now. I don't even mind him as a starter as long as he delivers, gets the job done, and plays with a purpose.

I understand some of the people's disappointment here that we should have gone for Chiesa who is younger, more talented, and has every potential to be world class. But let's be realistic here, with that hefty price tag Fiorentina set on him, it's something that we can't afford, at least for now.

Berardi? Great player and very skillful, but also has been inconsistent for the past few seasons and a bit of a diva too, plagued with disciplinary issues and sometimes appears to be disinterested. I'd rather have Politano in that sense.

Give him a chance for fuck's sake before ruling him out.

Sassuolu
02 Jul 18, 09:28
It's just a number, don't put too much thought into it.

JJM
02 Jul 18, 09:38
#2 Sime Vrsaljko
#7 Malcom
#8 M. Dembelè

Save the best for the last 3 signing, RB, winger and CM

Done deals
Hahaha

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180702/62fd719c97f449f09534ced804c58ee8.jpg

Urban
02 Jul 18, 09:41
#2 jersey should be retired out of respect for Jonathan.

Besnik
02 Jul 18, 10:07

It was posted in one of big Italian fan pages regarding Inter. They wrote that Politano has chosen number 7 in the jersey.

ElDuccio
02 Jul 18, 11:25
there is only one number 7 <3

https://nst.sky.it/immagini/sport/calcio_italiano/2011/01/31/original/pazzini_inter.jpg

YoramG
02 Jul 18, 12:12
For the record I liked Pazzini, it was just idiotic to consistently play him and Milito at the same. Like playing Icardi with a slightly more mobile Icardi :lol:

Glad this was confirmed, both for the fact that it means we now have a reliable rotation player for the LW role and that there is no way Candreva starts again unless the situation is beyond dire.

Forza Matteo, I've got a feeling he's going to score in his first Milan derby.

syrus
02 Jul 18, 12:51
Not too sure about this guy. Have not seen enough of him to judge.

Good luck and welcome

Ronaldo
02 Jul 18, 14:54
So could it be that we are saving no.7 for someone special? Maybe Malcom?

Why else would Politano get 16?

JJM
02 Jul 18, 15:01

Why else would Politano get 16?Yeah...

Ed.
02 Jul 18, 15:23

it is reserved for Cristiano Ronaldo.

qb4ever_2k
02 Jul 18, 16:17
it is reserved for Cristiano Ronaldo.

Really? I heard Eden Hazard wanted #7 too.

_Ivan_
02 Jul 18, 20:33
welcome

chipschups
03 Jul 18, 00:56
My sauce says its David Beckham #7

thatdude
03 Jul 18, 01:27

That was his number at Sass

thatdude
03 Jul 18, 01:44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6pZ9rDUDPk

Puma
03 Jul 18, 02:04
I think the reason some posters are not keen on him is because he comes from a small Italian team and there is nothing really flashy or bright lights about his transfer to Inter. However, I would rather put my money on a player like Politano than Cunt Arse players like Barbosa, Mario and Kondogbia. My guess is that he will be keen to make an impression at Inter and will give his all to make a contribution which is a great deal more than the players mentioned above managed to do. I also have confidence that under Spalletti's guidance, Politano may well surprise us.

JJM
04 Jul 18, 00:16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ4v76rs7RE

HAHA he is too much haha

Guz
04 Jul 18, 19:22
Benvenuto Matteo!

I think many people are underrating him because his name doesn't sound exotic enough and he comes from a small (detestable) club. On the contrary, I think he's a very good player: he's competent with both feet (a particularly rare feature for a natural left-footed), fast, can dribble past defenders and has a great engine. Moreover, he can play basically everywhere up front.
Oh, I almost forgot. He can take free kicks too.

Now, I'm not saying he's the new Messi, but he can definitely prove a valuable asset for us.

Armes
04 Jul 18, 21:10
Bench asset fo sho ^

Guz
04 Jul 18, 21:41
One of the main reasons behind our dramatic drop in form between December and February was, imho, the fact that the alternatives to the starters were absolutely inadequate for a team fighting for a CL spot, which "forced" Spalletti to play the same eleven over and over again. So, yes, if Politano can give some respite to the starters without making us miss them too much, I will consider him a valuable asset to the team.

chipschups
04 Jul 18, 23:21
Perisic is the who suffer the most since we have no one to replacing him last year, now Politano can give us many option here.

JJM
05 Jul 18, 15:23
watching his presser now...he looks so fucking happy to be here.Good

Mino
05 Jul 18, 15:33
Politano, the CR killer ...

InterFCAustin
05 Jul 18, 15:50
watching his presser now...he looks so fucking happy to be here.Good
Anti Naingolan i guess :)

Howl
05 Jul 18, 16:15
Looks like he picked #16.

"In reality I was tied to 7, but Sassuolo was busy and I took 16 because it is the birth day of my wife and my brother, I will keep it because it brought me luck".

Sauce: http://www.fcinternews.it/in-primo-piano/politano-emozione-indescrivibile-napoli-contento-qui-all-inter-281606

Shark
05 Jul 18, 17:15
Looks like he picked #16.

"In reality I was tied to 7, but INTER ARE GONNA BUY HAZARD MY BOYYZZ."

Sauce: http://www.fcinternews.it/in-primo-piano/politano-emozione-indescrivibile-napoli-contento-qui-all-inter-281606

fixed

JJM
09 Jul 18, 15:42
https://scontent-frx5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/36830421_10157664890073696_4587760190140448768_n.j pg?_nc_cat=0&oh=d0c470fc07e37bbcf2541b78309ba37a&oe=5B9EA474
who the fuck is CR?! WE HAVE MATTEO PO PO PO LITANOOO PO PO LITANOOO!

oh so stats don't tell the whole picture,damn...who knew?!

ADRossi
09 Jul 18, 15:56
*cough*

0 GOALS FOR A WING FORWARD IN so many games he played...total disaster!He can fuck off to West Ham or some place in EPL low clubs ffs.

JJM
09 Jul 18, 18:00
*cough*

yeah but then you also see him play and you get some diseases known and unknown to man as well...so your fucking point is? http://forzainterforums.com/customavatars/avatar4782_36.gif

eduzee
12 Jul 18, 21:49
https://www.instagram.com/p/BlI4rVXnSay/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1b651i8ecakgu

Sent from my m2 using Tapatalk

king_elnino
15 Jul 18, 03:50
why there’s no comment about his 1st game.. this dude was crazy, tracking down the right side like a mad dog...

RickyMaravilla'sRightFoot
15 Jul 18, 04:03
Scarpini said he asked him what his nickname should be and Matteo said "Pollo." :lol:
Chicken made a very good first impression today.

thoriq_r9
15 Jul 18, 07:04
Definitely looked good on his first showing. Already in shape for the new season. I still think we need one more top class winger, though. Don't want to see Candreva starting ever again, even as a rotational option.

thatdude
15 Jul 18, 10:55
He seems a smart player, and I love smart players

M.Adnan
15 Jul 18, 13:51
Please be a freekicks specialist.

Shark
15 Jul 18, 14:41
He seems a smart player, and I love smart players

I was just about to comment the exact same thing :howler:

Please be a freekicks specialist.

Politano did score a cheeky FK against us; but I still think we should have gone for Verdi instead who is a quite capable set piece taker.

M.Adnan
15 Jul 18, 17:46
Politano did score a cheeky FK against us;

Yes but I mean, I hope that he's not your typical asshole player who only shines against Inter but does jack shit all year. You know the Suso type of player.

Nero Indigo
15 Jul 18, 18:07
Yes but I mean, I hope that he's not your typical asshole player who only shines against Inter but does jack shit all year. You know the Suso type of player.

Looooool :lol:

SiamoNoi
20 Jul 18, 14:52
7 of his 10 goals last season he scored in the last 10 matches.Just imagine that kind of impact this year after Candreva shitshow last season...

For me he is just a squad player.

Candreva Crosses
20 Jul 18, 21:08
7 of his 10 goals last season he scored in the last 10 matches.Just imagine that kind of impact this year after Candreva shitshow last season...

For me he is just a squad player.

I doubt anybody can be worse than Candreva. I'd fucking accept Biabiany

Nyall
21 Jul 18, 12:07
He shouldn't be a starter.

Rasha
21 Jul 18, 13:37
yeah.. candreva should

JJM
22 Jul 18, 23:01
I like him...

thatdude
23 Jul 18, 03:52
Would like him a lot more if he were a utility player. Maybe he will surprise though

Ed.
23 Jul 18, 23:45
He has been involved in 4 goals out of 6 we have scored so far. If he continues this way, he would be a good player to have. I'm still cautious though.

chipschups
23 Jul 18, 23:58
and people still trying picking on him, dude was on his honeymoon and we cut it flew him back to Italy lol atleast give him a break before judging him.

Sokrates
28 Jul 18, 14:32
How is he doing in preseason?

Raul Duke
28 Jul 18, 16:15
How is he doing in preseason?

He was our best player against Lugano, in the first half before being subbed.

n4l
28 Jul 18, 21:46
I could be wrong (won't be the first time), but I think this guy will really shine once brozo, 9, Vecino (if we keep him) and most importantly, if we get Sime.

He's just a really smart player. His positioning is really good in terms of getting himself into open spaces, and he's looking to make a play or shoot. Brozo's expansive passing, as well as 9 should be able to exploit that.

He's not very direct in terms of 1v1, which is where someone with the engine of a Sime to overlap constantly will really allow him to express himself.

I'm curious to see how it goes with him...

chipschups
29 Jul 18, 00:29
People underrating him so much just because he is coming from Sassuolo. At first half Spalletti trying him as trequartista which he still ddnt get used to it. When second half he put back at flank you can see how he start being comfortable and doing his stuff.

Dylan
29 Jul 18, 00:59
Yeah but he's been shit.

CoolMan44
29 Jul 18, 02:55
I thought he was decent actually. Not so much in the first half, but improved in the second half. He had a nice move and pass for Icardi in the first half as well which Icardi was too slow for.

chipschups
29 Jul 18, 05:40
Yeah but he's been shit.

So he is our new Candreva? The Italian scapegoat. Alright.

Grefu
29 Jul 18, 06:16
I didn't see the game, but I'm happy to hear some of you guys thought he played well.

Not sure if this has been stated before but I was watching some of the videos over at Inter's official youtube channel and I can't help but point out this video : https://youtu.be/p2n0mwbzwF4?t=2m37s .
The video was on Spalletti and Inter Forever team having a training session and at about the 2:37 mark, you could spot "Politano" on the whiteboard which Spallo has his tactics laid out.
The video was way before his signing was made official and may suggest that Spalletti really wanted him here and has something in mind for him in his tactical setup.

PS : you can also spot "Berardi" on the whiteboard.

Universe
29 Jul 18, 06:34
I could be wrong (won't be the first time), but I think this guy will really shine once brozo, 9, Vecino (if we keep him) and most importantly, if we get Sime.

He's just a really smart player. His positioning is really good in terms of getting himself into open spaces, and he's looking to make a play or shoot. Brozo's expansive passing, as well as 9 should be able to exploit that.

He's not very direct in terms of 1v1, which is where someone with the engine of a Sime to overlap constantly will really allow him to express himself.

Brozovic, Nainggolan, Vrsaljko sure. They all have redeeming qualities that outweigh their weaknesses. But exactly what does Vecino add to this equation? As far as I'm concerned we should be accepting any offers near the value of €20m for him and sending the buyers a gift basket with wine and cheeses. Vecino is one of the most mediocre two-way midfielders we've had in my memory. He's frequently out of position on the transition, he's not a particularly physically powerful or fast player, he's not a good tackler, he's not good at marking his man or covering an area. In offense, he's practically useless. He passes sideways and very rarely makes any offensive passes - often because he misplaces them when he tries. I lost count of the amount of times he gave the ball away playing in the World Cup. He doesn't make many offensive runs forward, and despite his three goals this season, you still wouldn't call him a legitimate goal-threat by any means. His redeeming factors are that he has a good engine on him and he occasionally goes on some great dribbles forward. As far as I'm concerned he's just a body in midfield. At the top level you need more than corpses to clog up the midfield. One nice forward run every 3 games and a ton of sideways passing isn't enough.

Back to Politano though, I'd much rather have gambled on Malcom - and that has nothing to do with Barca or Roma signing him. Malcom has potential to flop, certainly. But Politano is more industrious than creative or sharp, more Palacio than Ljajic so to speak, and despite several signings we still lack attacking quality beyond brute force and physicality. That's not going to remedied by signing Vrsaljko either as the guy is basically a direct like-for-like upgrade over D'Ambrosio.

CafeCordoba
29 Jul 18, 06:43
Gambling on Malcom was paying 40m€ for him. We got Politano with Odgaard. There's your explanation why we got Politano.

Universe
29 Jul 18, 06:49
I didn't ask for an explanation as to why we got Politano, I commented on the result of his signing i.e. that we still lack creativity up front.

capitano92
29 Jul 18, 07:27
Im impressed with the kids adaptability so far, but that will become more concrete in the official season. Will probably take a few games to work out where he fits into the side properly and how often he is going to be used. As of right now, there is no reason to suggest why he shouldn't start in the RW role. I would only be happy with Karamoh or him starting, can't bare the thought of Cuntdreva starting these games. As for Malcom, yeah that would have been nice but fuck dishing out 40 mil on someone from the French league. Not trying to say its a shit league, but it is.

Ronaldo
29 Jul 18, 08:10
Gambling on Malcom was paying 40m€ for him. We got Politano with Odgaard. There's your explanation why we got Politano.

Quantity over quality?

JJM
29 Jul 18, 08:18
massive upgrade over Candreva...and that's what we needed...he played trequartista in the first half,he fucked up a glorious chance but he isnt'a trequartista usually,playing with Antonio and Asamoah as a LW...it was weird and then Emmers a 18 y kid and Gags.
He is not a dumb player like Candreva...thank fuck and yeah he will improve massivelly,and he came to play after some injury problem remember!

In an ideal world we would get Chiesa but we don't have 70mil lying around this season...maybe in the future,not even 40mil for a Malcom if we can't sell big!¨Settlement agreement on our ass still...till next summer and then hopefully for manouver space for Ausilio.
He would be a sub in a perfect scenario but I think he will surprise the FIF experts like Lautaro is doing...

rfU
29 Jul 18, 09:51
I definitely underrated him. Lively and involved. Whatever, he's better than Candreva.

CafeCordoba
29 Jul 18, 09:59
Quantity over quality?

No, almost free over very expensive.

chipschups
29 Jul 18, 11:39
Think about Malcom we are indeed having 20mil extra to spend with at some point we push 15m loam which being rejected by tjose crsxy club, but after we failed to sign him think Spalletti seen what is our team lack the most, another experience midfielder. So instead chasing another winger we choose chasing high calibre midfielder which exactly will elevating our team to next level comparing with midfield we have.

And thats in line with what we read Spaletti putting trust to karamoh and politano who expecting having breakthrough season. If Vidal and Vrsaljko coming we practically only have 1 position left which probably being competed by Lautaro, karamoh and politano. Think Spalletti seen this as plausible to gambling less comparing if he force buying another unproven winger which left us with two uncertain position on the team. Now gambling on Politano, Karamoh and Lautaro seems more appealing and will give us good return more than gambling on our current midfield like gagli, vecino or even emmers.

brehme1989
29 Jul 18, 11:42
Even Candreva can look good with a midfielder of Nainggolan-Vidal-Brozovic.

CoolMan44
29 Jul 18, 13:42
Quantity over quality?

Malcom was too expensive for us. Bordeaux were not willing to accept our offer, loan + money after so it's not as if Ausillio didn't try. People fail to realize we're not in an ideal situation and still have to comply with loan + option/obligation. People were also saying the same about Cancelo who I liked but Valencia was asking 40 million. Inter can't afford that for a full-back who cannot defend in any way.

Cómi
29 Jul 18, 15:49
I didn't see the game, but I'm happy to hear some of you guys thought he played well.

Not sure if this has been stated before but I was watching some of the videos over at Inter's official youtube channel and I can't help but point out this video : https://youtu.be/p2n0mwbzwF4?t=2m37s .
The video was on Spalletti and Inter Forever team having a training session and at about the 2:37 mark, you could spot "Politano" on the whiteboard which Spallo has his tactics laid out.
The video was way before his signing was made official and may suggest that Spalletti really wanted him here and has something in mind for him in his tactical setup.

Good catch. Can anyone work out what's going on?

JJM
29 Jul 18, 15:52

WE were playing against Sassuolo dude...lmao,they were studying the opposition

syrus
29 Jul 18, 16:26
I was skeptical about signing him
But will not pass judgement untill see more of him
Let's just hope he is not a candreva 2.0. Beta version

Bluenine
29 Jul 18, 20:02

I hope you are right, I just don't rate him as highly. This season will be crucial for him, as we will see whether he just looked like a big fish in a very small pond, or can he really swim with the big guys.

However, between Politano, Martinez, Karamoh & Candreva, we got our RW position well covered - we just need 1 of them to have a great season, the others can help rotate. If I were a betting man, my money would be on Martinez to be that player.

Balor
29 Jul 18, 23:56
I think what we all need to do is wait until he plays a few competitive games in an Inter shirt and maybe give our ratings then.

Personally I do consider him an improvement on Candreva but that is based off the limited amount I saw of him playing for Sassuolo, while a lot of others are judging him off unimportant pre season or just without seeing him play at all.

When Serie A and CL kick off, those are the performances that matter.

Dylan
30 Jul 18, 00:07
I think what we all need to do is wait until he plays a few competitive games in an Inter shirt and maybe give our ratings then.

Personally I do consider him an improvement on Candreva but that is based off the limited amount I saw of him playing for Sassuolo, while a lot of others are judging him off unimportant pre season or just without seeing him play at all.

When Serie A and CL kick off, those are the performances that matter.

I said he was shit because he has been, his ability to not fuck up every second pass makes him better than Candreva but I am a bit concerned about how he only started scoring goals when he was moved to a ST position for Sassuolo.

Nevertheless, I am obviously going to wait till he plays a few competitive games before making my judgement on him.

J..
30 Jul 18, 05:30
I hope you are right, I just don't rate him as highly. This season will be crucial for him, as we will see whether he just looked like a big fish in a very small pond, or can he really swim with the big guys.

The same was said with Gagliardini. I like the signing of Politano and possibly Barella as they know the league quite well and don't need much time to adapt like for example some of our South American signings.

Nero Indigo
30 Jul 18, 06:48
We'll see what happens over the course of the season. However from what I've seen so far, I'm still of the opinion that we should have gone after Verdi instead.

Pajo
30 Jul 18, 07:11
We'll see what happens over the course of the season. However from what I've seen so far, I'm still of the opinion that we should have gone after Verdi instead.

I think Politano is the better player. Verdi is imo one of the most overrated Serie A players. he is decent at everything, but doesn't excels in anything except set pieces. Most of his goals/assists came from set pieces.

Also Verdi was focal point in Bologna, Politano wasn't one in Sass. And Verdi is 3 years older, has more experience. Maybe Verdi was safer bet, but Politano can be the better player. Is much smarter than Verdi, and has better ball control.

We will see how it goes. So far i really like Politano at Inter, and i liked him more than Verdi previously.

Provenzano
03 Aug 18, 08:02
Happy bday!

https://image.ibb.co/c0ufwK/38391266_1868828806513245_8208348295601324032_n.jp g

Demokritos
03 Aug 18, 10:18
I think Politano is the better player. Verdi is imo one of the most overrated Serie A players. he is decent at everything, but doesn't excels in anything except set pieces. Most of his goals/assists came from set pieces.

Also Verdi was focal point in Bologna, Politano wasn't one in Sass. And Verdi is 3 years older, has more experience. Maybe Verdi was safer bet, but Politano can be the better player. Is much smarter than Verdi, and has better ball control.

We will see how it goes. So far i really like Politano at Inter, and i liked him more than Verdi previously.

Three years older...
just say compare a 24 years old politano with 30 years old verdi....

.................................................. ......................................
Verdi is only one year older than politano .....

chipschups
05 Aug 18, 01:54
One thing I know from this preseason is, He is indeed smart player. All of our new setpiece free kick coming from his brilliant head. Shouldnt just put him to deep especially as RWB on 3-4-2-1 set up since D'ambrosio offer nothing and his pace is wasted if he play to deep. He play as one of 2 AMC is the best position for him.

Wallace
05 Aug 18, 02:01
Three years older...

.................................................. ......................................

He time travelled two years forward to see a lack of development in Verdi and made his judgement there.

JJM
05 Aug 18, 07:29
I like him...

Mantaining my position
Upgrading it with... What a smart player
Vision for the Lautaro goal, to let it past to Lautaro was fucking genius like.
A certain Antonio would fuck it up for sure...
He is more effective centrally as one of the AM pairing tho. Waiting for his first goal patiently. He needs to work on his chemistry with Icardi tho. If he punished his ex(ex scoring law) team that would be sweet, because fuck Sassuolo!

Palacio
05 Aug 18, 14:00
Mantaining my position
Upgrading it with... What a smart player
Vision for the Lautaro goal, to let it past to Lautaro was fucking genius like.
A certain Antonio would fuck it up for sure...
He is more effective centrally as one of the AM pairing tho. Waiting for his first goal patiently. He needs to work on his chemistry with Icardi tho. If he punished his ex(ex scoring law) team that would be sweet, because fuck Sassuolo!

Most of the credit should go to Dalbet for the cross for Lautaro's goal. Frankly, I expected more of Politano and so far all I saw was that he is a smarter Gagliardini. And Gagliarini types of players don't grow a lot.

Besnik
05 Aug 18, 14:15
Most of the credit should go to Dalbet for the cross for Lautaro's goal. Frankly, I expected more of Politano and so far all I saw was that he is a smarter Gagliardini. And Gagliarini types of players don't grow a lot.

Actually most of the credit should go to Politano for his smart movement to open the goal for Lautaro. And besides, what expectations did you had from Politano? He is surely an intelligent player and has been involved in most of our pre-season goals so far.

He seems ready to play and is already an upgrade in our RW position.

Gagliardini is not even smart though.

chipschups
05 Aug 18, 14:28
Politani is Gagliardini MiniMe while Zappa is Vecino filial son.

Pajo
06 Aug 18, 06:27
Three years older...

Didn't check that, i thought Verdi was 27 and Politano 24 :D my bad. Nevertheless, I still stand for what I said for the rest.

DARi0
08 Aug 18, 11:55
Politano has impressed Spalletti during Pre-Season

https://sempreinter.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/politano-4-1024x683.jpg

Matteo Politano is set to play an important role in attack for Inter this year after impressing Luciano Spalletti during pre-season, according to Corriere dello Sport.

Politano joined the Nerazzurri from Sassuolo in June for a fee in the region of €25 million but initially was not expected to be in contention for a place in the starting XI this season, with reports suggesting that sporting director Piero Ausilio was looking to sign a second wide forward in order to reinforce Spalletti’s options up front.

However the Italian has made a great impression in his first month at the club and the Rome-based publication now report he is set for a significant amount of game-time this year.

“Inter’s pre-season friendlies so far have provided nothing but positive indications on the player who almost signed for Napoli in January,” they wrote on Tuesday.

“It’s always important to provide goals as a forward, and here we must bring [Antonio] Candreva into the discussion, Inter’s first choice on the right wing last season.

“The Italian international did not score a single goal during the 2017-18 campaign, with his last coming in the Milan derby back in April 2017 – since when he has limited himself to a lot of crosses and plenty of assists (11 in total).

“The goals that Candreva hasn’t provided however could now be provided by Politano, a versatile winger who wouldn’t have a problem finding a place in the team even if Spalletti decided to use a back three. Inter have even sold Eder to make space for him this season.”

////

I also hope we can offload Candreva so Politano can prove his worth and Karamoh still gets his playing time.

Devious
08 Aug 18, 12:01
I was impressed as well. Great ball control, plays excellent with both feet and is a good crosser too.

M.Adnan
08 Aug 18, 16:06
Good so it means no Keita? Someone has to be redeemed and we surely won't spend a total of 55m on Politano and Keita alone next summer?

magnesium
08 Aug 18, 16:12
look at 2:10

Owned Koulibaly.

at 5:30, we can see he owned Napoli defense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1EPWyiBdq4

Politano is one of the most underrated player in Serie A ..
He is so good, from what i see, Juventus and Napoli interested to him.

Pajo
09 Aug 18, 05:50
He is the complete package. Even before being linked to him (we were linked to Verdi), I said we should go for Politano instead.

What remains to be seen is how he copes with the pressure at Inter. Fans, media, have expectations, and many players failed simply because of that, not because of quality or talent.

wera
09 Aug 18, 06:05
Well the environment at the moment is probably better than it has been in years, good coach, good players (at least the starting 11) and he does have talent.

If he doesn't succeed, he's just another J.Mario

Sassuolu
09 Aug 18, 06:10
Yeah I wasn't too enthused by this but he has speed technique and is not afraid to take shot at goal, very good signing.

DARi0
09 Aug 18, 07:38
So are we adding the prediction poll?

Because I expect the buying out option to be activated.

Ffi201zi002tlis
09 Aug 18, 07:51
He is the complete package.
Now he's done for! :cry:

Devious
09 Aug 18, 16:29
Fifiiiii! http://forzainterforums.com/customavatars/avatar6620_1.gif

Guz
12 Aug 18, 13:46
He's had a good pre-season and will probably start against Sassuolo next Sunday. One thing I noticed, though, is that he tends to blast the ball straight at the defender when he shoots from inside the box. I think he needs to work on his shoot preparation (i.e. create space for the shot with his last touch) because he can easily score half a dozen goals if he just gets things right.

thatdude
12 Aug 18, 20:28
Should have passed to Lautaro in the 2nd half instead of shooting into a defender. Other than that he was good

chipschups
12 Aug 18, 22:58
His left foot is joy to watch.

Black Knight
13 Aug 18, 04:18
His left foot is joy to watch.

That's a weirdly specific fetish

Pajo
13 Aug 18, 06:13
Very technically gifted player. Smart too, almost always is in the right position to receive a pass and is never caught off position. Might not be a starter right away, but I have high hopes for this guy. Can be awesome for us if he doesn't fall under the pressure of playing for Inter.

brehme1989
13 Aug 18, 06:51
Definite rotation player. We haven't had some in years.

AbdiWirajaya
13 Aug 18, 07:27

His favourite player is a lefty as well

chipschups
13 Aug 18, 10:36

Im left footed too, not naturally but because accident I cant use my right foot as good as the left foot when play football, Im basically a Ricky alvarez on the pitch only use my left foot all the time lmao. So I grew some affection to all of this left foot player especially my man Alvaro Recoba.

Bluenine
13 Aug 18, 14:22
He seems to have good attitude on the pitch. Maybe with the extra competition for his spot (Martinez, Keita, Karamoh, Candreva) and the fact that he is on a loan, he might train very hard and develop his skills.

I am quite happy with the young competition we have in our squad in the attack. This can be very healthy, and it will help separate the wheat from the chaff.

Irequis
13 Aug 18, 17:34
I believe his future is in central position as SS like Griezmann, not as a winger. He is too slow to play as a winger who utmostly requires nimble feet. On the other hand, intelligent player like him will thrive when playing at middle.

CoolMan44
19 Aug 18, 21:17
Decent game in my opinion. He has good technique, and is able to switch play and make nice passes into the middle. Overall, obviously he needs to do more, but I felt that today he had absolutely no support - D'Ambrosio didn't move past the half-way line most of the match and Vecino was so bad. Perisic had it better with Asamoah constantly making himself available and occupying a player, while Politano didn't have that on his side - the good thing about Vrsaljko is that he will constantly making overlapping runs - which is really important as otherwise it's quite easy to close down the winger when he needs to do everything himself.

I think he's a much smarter player than Candreva. He's not top class but I think he'll be a useful player for the season.

M.Adnan
19 Aug 18, 21:18
A fresh breath of air after Candreva's pollution all year.

IRR26
19 Aug 18, 21:43
I think he's a much smarter player than Candreva. He's not top class but I think he'll be a useful player for the season.

In the position he played you need to be more than just "useful player." There are about 10 teams in Serie A that just sits back. For that you need someone who can break those defences and take needed risks. I just didn't see that in Politano yet. Keita is a big question mark but I liked that he challenged the defender and runned straigt towards goal.

Palacio
19 Aug 18, 21:47
In the position he played you need to be more than just "useful player." There are about 10 teams in Serie A that just sits back. For that you need someone who can break those defences and take needed risks. I just didn't see that in Politano yet. Keita is a big question mark but I liked that he challenged the defender and runned straigt towards goal.
I hope also we compare Politano's efforts with those of Berardi today.

ADRossi
19 Aug 18, 22:24
I hope also we compare Politano's efforts with those of Berardi today.

Berardi raped us when we were playing Dalbert at LB, and went invisible the moment we put Asamoah back there. It speaks more to the ineptitude of Dalbert than it does Berardi's abilities.

Pajo
20 Aug 18, 05:58
Politano was our second best player yesterday. Good debut, shame the rest were shit.

thatdude
20 Aug 18, 06:07
Not sure I like him taking corners over Brozo. Seemed like we just started to get that working last year

Balor
20 Aug 18, 07:02
Well his deliveries from set pieces were very threatening so I have no problem with him taking them. Yesterday it was the only time we looked threatening. Brozovic couldn't find his arse with two hands yesterday so god only knows where he would have put any set pieces.

Batman
20 Aug 18, 07:54
It’s refreshing to see him taking up defenders and cross well. Something we’d never see from Candreva.

Universe
20 Aug 18, 08:02
Nit picking but his set piece /cross quality dropped drastically as the game went on and the last several he attempted were dismal. I feel like he hit every cross very flat with lots of power whereas Brozovic tends to float crosses and corners in with more height and curve. As thatdude says, we need that variety. Otherwise a very good game from Politano.

SiamoNoi
25 Aug 18, 15:42
I found this interesting:

http://pokit.org/get/img/978ee3e31c9387febfb280032571adc0.jpg

http://pokit.org/get/img/85fd4ea0a7579f043ba4711dcafce0b7.jpg
Only 2/14.Nuovo Candreva :trolldad:

Wallace
25 Aug 18, 23:52
Thing is that's not the only thing he does, he cuts in with the left foot.

So there is a variety of things he can do and not just one thing continuously for a whole game. It gets old after a while.

M.Adnan
26 Aug 18, 00:08
I'm pretty sure that he can also score freekicks under the wall.

Guz
26 Aug 18, 21:47
His first half performance was the best thing about today's shit show. He looked very lively and extremely slippery in tight spaces. I also liked how he continuously swapped positions with his attack partners. Sadly, he sunk along with the rest of his teammates in the second half, but it's hardly his fault if we couldn't get the ball past the midfield.

CoolMan44
26 Aug 18, 22:06
His first half performance was the best thing about today's shit show. He looked very lively and extremely slippery in tight spaces. I also liked how he continuously swapped positions with his attack partners. Sadly, he sunk along with the rest of his teammates in the second half, but it's hardly his fault if we couldn't get the ball past the midfield.

Yup. Him and Icardi did have one nice counterattack though, where they both did well, and Icardi almost got to the end of Politano's cross.

I'm not worried about Politano at all. I'm more worried about the mistakes Spaletti is making. No offensive player could flourish with the way we played our second half, not even Messi.

Fitzy
29 Aug 18, 02:00
For me, his performances have been the most positive aspect of the first two games. He's making himself busy and showing a bit of quality, even if there is the odd mistake.

Javier'sSon
01 Sep 18, 18:08
For me, his performances have been the most positive aspect of the first two games. He's making himself busy and showing a bit of quality, even if there is the odd mistake.

You know Politano is good when Fitz makes a post that starts with "For me.." and you don't see a joke anywhere.

Another good performance today.

ForzaNerazzurro
01 Sep 18, 18:29
I love this guy.

M.Adnan
01 Sep 18, 18:51
He’s so good that we won’t redeem him.

wera
01 Sep 18, 19:12
Don't let him be another Rafinha.

Delicate
01 Sep 18, 19:24
Well, with him we technically already have an adequate replacement of Rafinha, especially his today's 40m-50m run dribbling past the opposition really reminded last season's Rafinha.

Besnik
01 Sep 18, 19:39
He is very unpredictable and always a threat to our opponent. Besides of his technical abilities, he is also a hard worker as you can see him everywhere in the pitch, continously looking for the ball and trying to open the game for his teammates. Lets hope he will get himself a goal very soon also.

Knew he would be an important player for us.

JJM
01 Sep 18, 19:41
Always liked this guy

Alex de Large
01 Sep 18, 19:45
Mom

Pajo
01 Sep 18, 20:26
Another great game. And we WILL get him lol. He is 15m, not 35 like Rafinha.

CoolMan44
02 Sep 18, 02:45
Most important thing is that he's a smart player. If you watch him play, he never makes stupid decisions like Candreva. He always tries to make the right choice. It may fail at times but it usually succeeds. He's good on the ball too.

2 assists so far.

uny_arturo
02 Sep 18, 04:53
Our best signing so far? Not expensive to redeem either.

Alex de Large
02 Sep 18, 05:44
What a steal... 15m for a 25 year old world class winger >>> Malcom X

chipschups
02 Sep 18, 07:02
Thing is he loves to cut it but then D'ambrosio as our RB is offer nothing going forward. Hope Vrsaljko get fit soon, I want to see that nice combo from him more like againts torino when Poli cut in and then backheel pass to Vrsaljko who overlapping on right side.

Il Drago
02 Sep 18, 07:13

If we activate his option the total cost will be 20m + Odgaard. It's still a good deal. I am pleasantly surprised with him. Even when he's not having a good day (e.g. match against Bologna) he can still be useful. We should thank Marotta for not letting him go to Napoli last January.

rosesareblackandblue
02 Sep 18, 13:41
This is spot on. He's an intelligent player that knows he's strengths and weaknesses. Doesn't try to over do it. From what I've seen so far, he has a very high football IQ.

- - - Updated - - -

Most important thing is that he's a smart player. If you watch him play, he never makes stupid decisions like Candreva. He always tries to make the right choice. It may fail at times but it usually succeeds. He's good on the ball too.

2 assists so far.

This is spot on. He's an intelligent player that knows he's strengths and weaknesses. Doesn't try to over do it. He seems to have a high football IQ.

JJM
02 Sep 18, 14:03
fuck a CR we have a Po Po Po Po litanooo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=038X5oOcoBk

Linege
02 Sep 18, 21:48
our iniesta :lol:

our only creative player this year

probably we wont buy him like we didnt buy rafinha :lol:

Wallace
03 Sep 18, 00:00

World class...?

Sassuolu
03 Sep 18, 07:45
World class...?

So he's better than Zlatan?

IRR26
18 Sep 18, 18:34
Didn't have heard of him before inter signed him. Now I know why. Candreva at least challenge opponent politano is like scared mice standing in his flank. Cannot understand how he is starting.

Palacio
18 Sep 18, 18:52
He belongs at Sassaulo.

ScottishInterista
18 Sep 18, 19:11
Okay in the first half, disappeared in the second along with everyone else

Wallace
18 Sep 18, 19:13
Too many overhit Crosses and deadballs.

Need to improve on final delivery.

As for Candreva, need to improve on basic football skills.

Ziyad
18 Sep 18, 19:21
He is still young and adapting. To me he did well for his first game in the CL as he at least didn't disappear like other players. Don't forget that he had to play with a CB for RB so that changes your game.

Batman
18 Sep 18, 19:22
Still better than Candreva

Wallace
18 Sep 18, 19:24
He did well keeping the ball in play and in possession despite being isolated and marked by two defenders.

90% of Inter players would have lost those balls in the last 8 years. Did well in some things, not so well in others. I never expected him to carry the team in creating, so that's that.

Besnik
18 Sep 18, 19:26
He was also much better than Perisic. He wasn't anything impressive tonight, but he was solid to me, unlike Perisic who was completely useless tonight. Lets keep in mind that he was alone attacking in the right flank as he had no support from Skriniar who has played as RB tonight.

I like him so much, and I have no doubt that he will only get better in time. He should remain as our starter in every game though.

Candreva Crosses
18 Sep 18, 19:27
He was fucking great. I don't know if my opinion of him is because of a player we had before him but from what I've seen from our RW during these past years Politano was a fucking fresh breath of air.

Solfice
18 Sep 18, 19:29
I love how he gives everything. No bullshit from him.

Harpsabu
18 Sep 18, 21:03
He was visibly tired before coming off but its nice to have someone with pace and trickery on the wing. I think he will get a good few goals as well, looks dangerous when he cuts in

eduzee
18 Sep 18, 21:04
100% starter. no doubt.

Sent from my m2 using Tapatalk

dax21
18 Sep 18, 21:12
Meanwhile on our neighbourly forum. Can't tell if genuine delusion or just being retarded

https://i.imgur.com/uX0rdFV.png

Wings
19 Sep 18, 00:27
Meanwhile on our neighbourly forum. Can't tell if genuine delusion or just being retarded

https://i.imgur.com/uX0rdFV.png

I'm also happy they didn't sign Politano.

Choppin Onions
19 Sep 18, 00:52
I like his energy and he's good with the ball at his feet. His end product was severely lacking today though. That being said, he deserves to start ahead of Candreva and Keita IMO

CoolMan44
19 Sep 18, 05:24
It's also his first game in the CL and he hasn't played for a big team before. I definitely think he still deserves to start as Candreva/Keita haven't shown me that they deserve a starting spot over Politano.

Sassuolu
19 Sep 18, 05:29
They have Halilovic who needs Politano?

Raul Duke
19 Sep 18, 05:52
Not surprised he fell off in the second half, he pressured like a madman.

Pajo
19 Sep 18, 06:11
Solid game imo. Dunno what people expect when you have Skriniar as a RB. He closed down their entire wing, caused some problems and had few decent shots. In the second half he faded away, but looked tired and so did our entire team.

Matrix_invincible
19 Sep 18, 06:13
As Skriniar wasnt too offensive he had more to do on the right side and made a very good job!

Wallace
19 Sep 18, 07:33
He better get used to it then, D'Ambrosio isn't the most attacking RB either.

He does come up a bit sometimes, but don't expect him to actually offer Politano any constructive assistance.

Pajo
19 Sep 18, 10:18
He better get used to it then, D'Ambrosio isn't the most attacking RB either.

He does come up a bit sometimes, but don't expect him to actually offer Politano any constructive assistance.

He is not offensive RB, but he is a RB. He overlaps, runs more, has better vision... It's simply his natural position.

Bluenine
19 Sep 18, 10:37
Like I said in the summer, I don't see Politano as anything more than a bench player for a club like Inter. He just doesn't have the quality, and I had my doubts about how much he can do at a big club. And so far, I haven't seen anything to change my opinion. I think his freekick summarised his performances for me so far - even before he took that kick, his body language was of a player who knows he is going to fuck it up. And looking at his age, I have my doubts on how much he can develop. IMO Politano starts only coz Candreva and Keita have been worse. I am hoping that Martinez can play on the right, because that kid brings more intensity and has greater potential, he is my hope for Inter's attack.

That said, of course its too early to judge Politano at Inter, either this way or that. I hope he proves me wrong by the end of the season.

Pajo
19 Sep 18, 11:54
I am hoping that Martinez can play on the right, because that kid brings more intensity and has greater potential, he is my hope for Inter's attack.

Not gonna go into Politanos quality or even Martinez debate.. But what has Lautaro done so that you want hi play instead of Politano, or to say he has greater potential?

Palacio
19 Sep 18, 13:05
Not gonna go into Politanos quality or even Martinez debate.. But what has Lautaro done so that you want hi play instead of Politano, or to say he has greater potential?
He scored two goals already, links well with Icardi, works hard, and is a constant threat to the opponent.

A.l.i
19 Sep 18, 13:46
Like how he is incharge of all set pieces lol. Really looking forward to seeing how he develops. Decent game by him.

qb4ever_2k
19 Sep 18, 14:13
By blue9's standards, I wonder if Candreva has ever been, at any point in his career, 'inter material'.

Wallace
19 Sep 18, 19:45
Like I said in the summer, I don't see Politano as anything more than a bench player for a club like Inter. He just doesn't have the quality, and I had my doubts about how much he can do at a big club. And so far, I haven't seen anything to change my opinion. I think his freekick summarised his performances for me so far - even before he took that kick, his body language was of a player who knows he is going to fuck it up. And looking at his age, I have my doubts on how much he can develop. IMO Politano starts only coz Candreva and Keita have been worse. I am hoping that Martinez can play on the right, because that kid brings more intensity and has greater potential, he is my hope for Inter's attack.

That said, of course its too early to judge Politano at Inter, either this way or that. I hope he proves me wrong by the end of the season.

Indeed, the microexpression on his face tells me he knows he lacks all the quality in the world to play for us.

Sassuolu
19 Sep 18, 20:34
Think character wise he is better than most tbh, not afraid to take on defenders and hes very direct. I am happy with him and i am sure he will improve.

Adriano@10
19 Sep 18, 21:48
I also think he s one of the more intelligent lads out there very seldom takes the wrong decision!

Wallace
20 Sep 18, 02:24
He is not offensive RB, but he is a RB. He overlaps, runs more, has better vision... It's simply his natural position.

Yeah, but that's like comparing Giuseppe Favalli to Christian Chivu (admittedly Skriniar is even worse than Chivu when he started playing full back, but just for the sake of comparison).

Honestly I don't rate D'Ambrosio's competency in helping out in attack, at most it's an extra body available for Politano to pass to. Which I guess in this case is some help is better than no help.

I get where you are coming from though definitely.

Raul Duke
23 Sep 18, 13:03
How did he play against Samp?

ScottishInterista
23 Sep 18, 13:27
Best player in the first half was the only one doing anything in attack, came off limping

Palacio
23 Sep 18, 13:34
Best player in the first half was the only one doing anything in attack, came off limping

I don't understand why he starts when he is almost harmless (for the opponent) in terms of attack, goal scoring or set piece taking.

wera
23 Sep 18, 13:43
I disagree, he actually has a lot to offer, the only thing that was shit yesterday were his crosses. Otherwise he brings a lot to our attack.

Palacio
23 Sep 18, 13:46
I disagree, he actually has a lot to offer, the only thing that was shit yesterday were his crosses. Otherwise he brings a lot to our attack.
Keita is the logical starter, not Politano. If Spallo doesn't stop this, Politano, Candreva strating could cost us the fourth place.

ADRossi
23 Sep 18, 14:27
I don't understand why he starts when he is almost harmless (for the opponent) in terms of attack, goal scoring or set piece taking.

Keita is the logical starter, not Politano. If Spallo doesn't stop this, Politano, Candreva strating could cost us the fourth place.

I don't understand this opinion at all. Politano has been superb this year: he set up Nainggolan's goal against Bologna, has provided assists off of set pieces (de Vrij goal versus Torino), and is the only player on our team capable of making dangerous runs behind the defense without the ball.

Palacio
23 Sep 18, 14:32
I don't understand this opinion at all. Politano has been superb this year: he set up Nainggolan's goal against Bologna, has provided assists off of set pieces (de Vrij goal versus Torino), and is the only player on our team capable of making dangerous runs behind the defense without the ball.

Agreed but Keita also contributed to 9G goal as well. I am not saying he is uselss but he doesn't draw of a lot of defenders like Keita. His height also is a major minus. Keita's aerial duel yesterday contributed to Brozo's goal.

junior55
23 Sep 18, 15:18
I think the evaluation of Politano is strangely positive in this forum and around inter environment.

The only real department where he has actually shown to be better than the other rivals for the starting right wing position is his skills on free kicks. If he is constantly starting because of this then ok , other than that i haven't seen this improvement the other people see from the likes of Candreva.

I know it is unpopular around here to defend Candreva but all Politano does is show the potential to be better in dribbling , passing , scoring then candreva but in truth he hasn't delivered on this potential yet.
He doesn't have a single shot on goal as far as i remember , all his crosses (not from free kick) are long and have never managed to reach Icardi and his dribbling have never proven to be effective in dangerous positions so far.

Adding to the above his combination with Dambrosio has been poor so far and he tracks back like 10% of the amount Candreva does.

People keep saying that Icardi has scored so much even though he has had poor teammates in the last years but the truth is that Icardi can't play with too much technically gifted players around him. He never got a long with the likes of Ljajic/Jovetic when we had them and the same is happening this year with Politano/Keita

He needs players who run , cover spaces for him and spam balls to his area. That is why having Candreva- Perisic along him (or Palacio before) makes him score.

Adriano@10
23 Sep 18, 16:01
Mhh to me mostly his decision making has stood out! And it s where he has been way better than keita and lautaro!

Wobblz
23 Sep 18, 20:01
Politano in the definition of underrated.

CoolMan44
24 Sep 18, 00:07
Agreed but Keita also contributed to 9G goal as well. I am not saying he is uselss but he doesn't draw of a lot of defenders like Keita. His height also is a major minus. Keita's aerial duel yesterday contributed to Brozo's goal.

I actually thought Keita took way too long on our first goal against Bologna. His touch wasn't very good and he actually played bad with his back to the goal in the sense he would never do a first-touch layoff, but always touch the ball 2 or 3 times there. Besides, not really sure how you can compare Politano's contribution to Keita's on that goal lol. On Politano's pass to Nainggolan, it was a very smart pass into the area, Keita just passed back to Gagliardini. Gags actually deserves more credit than Keita on that goal as he made a nice pass to the free Politano on the right side.

I don't dislike Keita and I want him to play more, but I'm not sure why anyone thinks he's the logical starter on the right side - his best performances at Lazio were as a 2nd striker and then on the left side- not to mention that Politano has generally done well for us, so I'm a bit confused.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the evaluation of Politano is strangely positive in this forum and around inter environment.

The only real department where he has actually shown to be better than the other rivals for the starting right wing position is his skills on free kicks. If he is constantly starting because of this then ok , other than that i haven't seen this improvement the other people see from the likes of Candreva.

I know it is unpopular around here to defend Candreva but all Politano does is show the potential to be better in dribbling , passing , scoring then candreva but in truth he hasn't delivered on this potential yet.
He doesn't have a single shot on goal as far as i remember , all his crosses (not from free kick) are long and have never managed to reach Icardi and his dribbling have never proven to be effective in dangerous positions so far.

Adding to the above his combination with Dambrosio has been poor so far and he tracks back like 10% of the amount Candreva does.

People keep saying that Icardi has scored so much even though he has had poor teammates in the last years but the truth is that Icardi can't play with too much technically gifted players around him. He never got a long with the likes of Ljajic/Jovetic when we had them and the same is happening this year with Politano/Keita

He needs players who run , cover spaces for him and spam balls to his area. That is why having Candreva- Perisic along him (or Palacio before) makes him score.

For me, it comes down to this. Politano makes smart decisions, Candreva doesn't. Yes, Politano needs to show more in terms of being a goal threat (not in comparison to Candreva who sucks), but I think that will come in time. But whenever Politano has the ball, he typically makes the right decision. When Candreva has the ball, you don't get the idea that he ever knows what he wants to do - and typically the decisions he makes are awful.

He also does track back - maybe not as much as Candreva but it's not as if Candreva offers anything defensively. Another thing is that Politano can actually get past a player, while I don't believe Candreva can.

Politano was excellent in that first half against Torino, and made a great assist for our winner in Bologna. The only game he was truly bad in was the Parma one when he came off the bench.

Universe
24 Sep 18, 07:12
Politano deserves great credit (and a starting spot for as long as he keeps it up) for what he's done in our jersey so far. While I stand by my assessment that he's not a top-grade player and lacks that top-tier level of dribbling, shooting, or pace, he's really made the utmost of what he can do - as ADR says, he's provided assists and contributed to our attacking play down the right with his clever decision-making.

Wallace
24 Sep 18, 07:24
Lol I don't think anyone ever said he was top class, except in one occasion someone said he was world class.

Even if we get someone absolutely top class in next few mercato, we absolutely should keep Politano.

wera
24 Sep 18, 09:37
He's what Shaqiri could've been if he was used correctly.

Bluenine
24 Sep 18, 11:02
IMO Candreva had a better game than Politano. That said, I am liking this benefit of doubt given to Politano over here, all new players deserve this. Politano has been pretty average so far, but he is only 5 games old at Inter. It can be tough adapting to a new club, specially one where the pressure is so much more and where you are not the star of the show. Lets give him some time before we judge him.

CoolMan44
24 Sep 18, 15:24
IMO Candreva had a better game than Politano. That said, I am liking this benefit of doubt given to Politano over here, all new players deserve this. Politano has been pretty average so far, but he is only 5 games old at Inter. It can be tough adapting to a new club, specially one where the pressure is so much more and where you are not the star of the show. Lets give him some time before we judge him.

He's definitely been better than average. Candreva did better in the right but was absolutely useless the entire first half. Also missed a shot from 5 yards out. Granted, not the easiest sitter but Candreva has not bad a decisive goal or assist in almost a year. Sure he scored against Bologna when we were winning but the guy has 0 goals and assists since the 3-1 loss to Udinese last year - not to mention his game against Totenham was one of the worst performances I've ever seen.

Palacio
24 Sep 18, 17:41
I think we all agree that Candreva shouldn't play 90 minutes and should be benched because he doesn't have the legs to start. So the question is why should Politano start when Keita would be more effective judging the performace and the gaps Keita opens in the minutes he payed in the last three games?

CoolMan44
25 Sep 18, 03:17
Eh, I haven't really seen much from Keita in the last 3 games (Tottenham and Parma mainly). I think he did well against Samp (it was his nice pass that led to Asamoah's 'goal'), but I don't think you can say he showed he needs to start over Politano - I think Politano has been overall better than Keita and is a smarter player overall.

Pajo
25 Sep 18, 06:56
Lol, Keita has done nothing to warrant a start over Politano. ESPECIALLY on the right. I'd rather give him a start on the left instead of Ivane. Keita - Icardi - Politano.

surripere
25 Sep 18, 08:10
Beginning to look predictable - on the right side at least - no assists? Even Crossdreva makes assists. Would perhaps be better on the left. I'd give Keita a chance next.

CoolMan44
25 Sep 18, 16:56
What assists does Candreva have? He hasn't assisted in almost a year. Politano has 2 this season.

surripere
25 Sep 18, 21:41
Was he on the pitch?

Palacio
25 Sep 18, 21:46
Was he on the pitch?

He played in the last 30 minutes of the match but he wasn't better than Candreva.

Pajo
25 Sep 18, 21:50
I think he is not good LW. His style is much more suited for a RW, as he tends to drift inside or open space by going outside. He loses both traits as lw.

I dont get why both him and Keita were on the left most of the time.

Palacio
25 Sep 18, 22:05
I think he is not good LW. His style is much more suited for a RW, as he tends to drift inside or open space by going outside. He loses both traits as lw.

I dont get why both him and Keita were on the left most of the time.
The only logical reason is this is an area that Spalletti can see well.

surripere
25 Sep 18, 22:27
He played in the last 30 minutes of the match but he wasn't better than Candreva.

I know, it was a rhetorical question.

MusicalMafia
25 Sep 18, 22:33
I was on the stadium and he was actually on the right initially, then when Keita was subbed in he swapped with Perisic and kept his position throughout. Swapping with Perisic was smart since when you have essentially two strikers you take the pressure off that from that moment should rather focus on trying to assist (and this makes sense considering that Politano is Right-footed and Perisic the opposite).

Last 10 minutes were indeed a bit chaotic but in my eyes it was rather fault of Keita who wasn't keeping any particular position (like he forgot Perisic was taken off).

JJM
26 Sep 18, 14:26
?Players with most created chances:?

?[17] Callejon?
?[14] Calhanoglu?
?[13] POLITANO?
?[13] Insigne?
?[13] Alberto?

brehme1989
26 Sep 18, 15:55
Are you asking us? :P