PDA

View Full Version : Quarter Final: Uruguay - France

Coasterfreek
30 Jun 18, 22:04
http://astrokentico-dev.s3.amazonaws.com/stadiumastro/media/wc2018/mainframe/worldcup_2018_logo.png

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fe/Flag_of_Uruguay.svg/300px-Flag_of_Uruguay.svg.png_https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/21bm4Gf8SGL.jpg

Nizhny Novgorod Stadium
6/7/18
17:00 local time, 15:00 CEST

Uruguay's last 4 results
Egypt - Uruguay 0 - 1
Uruguay - Saudi Arabia 1 - 0
Uruguay - Russia 3 - 0
Uruguay - Portugal 2 - 1

France's last 4 results
France - Australia 2 - 1
France - Peru 1 - 0
Denmark - France 0 - 0
France - Argentina 4 - 3

Glass box
30 Jun 18, 22:30
Forza Vecino, Forza Uruguay.

Ed.
30 Jun 18, 23:01
Uruguay all the way!!

crzdcolombian
30 Jun 18, 23:12
Forza Vecino, Forza Uruguay.

Yup.... Frances Defense and goalie don’t look solid at all. Uruguay defends way better then Argentina and have more then 1 player. Hope Cavani ok

chipschups
01 Jul 18, 02:23
Lloris is crap, if Spurs having betfer goalie maybe they already win something.

ScottishInterista
01 Jul 18, 10:28
looking forward to this, great attacking team vs a good defensive team. Hope Cavani is fit

Fapuccino
02 Jul 18, 00:55
Mbappe reminds me of the original Ronaldo. Deadly speed + close ball control combined. Messi/CR7 were the closest that came to that combo, but neither got it right imo. CR7 had the top speed, but he couldn't weave in and out of tight spaces like Ronaldo. Messi could weave in and out of tight spaces, but his top speed wasn't as good as his acceleration.

I think Mbappe will go stale after 26-27, but I'm excited to see where he takes his career and if he lives up to his potential.

ElDuccio
02 Jul 18, 01:33
yep thats why i liked il fenomeno and like mbappe..this kid has so much potential

vasilios
02 Jul 18, 01:40
Suarez being such a punchable twat makes it tough to root for Uruguay, but I suppose I'd still rather see them win than France

ADRossi
02 Jul 18, 02:01
Suarez being such a punchable twat makes it tough to root for Uruguay, but I suppose I'd still rather see them win than France

Suarez alone is making me root for France. I'm still bitter about '14 though.

Coasterfreek
02 Jul 18, 03:04
Forza Vecino.

Ed.
02 Jul 18, 03:50
Vecino will make Mbappe his bitch. We will get a 80 million euro offer for Vecino. Win for all.

brehme1989
02 Jul 18, 07:18
Mbappe has glimpses of Ronaldo. He is a severe downgrade though at the moment with some room for improvement. He needs to be more involved in the game from the middle, improve dribbling to Ronaldinho levels, improve shooting accuracy from distance, build up some muscle and thus become someone the whole team has to chase around. Odds say it won't happen. I don't think people know or remember Ronaldo that well :D

I was laughing when they compared him to freaking Henry. He's already more versatile than him and has the same 3 traits where Henry excelled at (cutting in from the left, excellent placed shot and speed). This kid could do more when he was 18 and it too obvious. He won't be a Ronaldo, he'd already be one if he were. But for sure it's the player that reminds most of R9 due to that explosive speed. Prior to that, I think Zlatan came the closest until Mourinho 'converted' him into more of a box striker. The skillset was almost as good as a R9 copy though, his first step, the acceleration(damn, Zlatan was too fast for his size before joining PSG).

Ed.
02 Jul 18, 07:24
Mbappe has glimpses of Ronaldo. He is a severe downgrade though at the moment with some room for improvement. He needs to be more involved in the game from the middle, improve dribbling to Ronaldinho levels, improve shooting accuracy from distance, build up some muscle and thus become someone the whole team has to chase around. Odds say it won't happen. I don't think people know or remember Ronaldo that well :D

I was laughing when they compared him to freaking Henry. He's already more versatile than him and has the same 3 traits where Henry excelled at (cutting in from the left, excellent placed shot and speed). This kid could do more when he was 18 and it too obvious. He won't be a Ronaldo, he'd already be one if he were. But for sure it's the player that reminds most of R9 due to that explosive speed. Prior to that, I think Zlatan came the closest until Mourinho 'converted' him into more of a box striker. The skillset was almost as good as a R9 copy though, his first step, the acceleration(damn, Zlatan was too fast for his size before joining PSG).

Where is browha?

wera
05 Jul 18, 12:15
And the anti-Henry bias starts yet again, this time comparing a kid that haven't achieved anything yet (his career just started ffs) against a player that won pretty much everything a player can win.

chipschups
06 Jul 18, 11:51
This Vecino troll goal at 90++ min written all over.

Dylan
06 Jul 18, 14:03
Cavani on the bench. Forza Uruguay!

firmino
06 Jul 18, 14:36
i'm with uruguay on this one. but it's going to be super tough. i guess cavani on the bench is just for desperate measures, in case they are losing towards the end of the match.

i don't think he can play more than 10-15 minutes and he won't be in good conditions anyway

Irequis
06 Jul 18, 15:16
That header really reminds Mbappe to Henry :D

Wallace
06 Jul 18, 15:29
If Spaletti wants to play 3 men defence, we should get this left back Uruguay is playing.

He has amazing lungs, and he can run all day. He's tenacious, and he fights for the ball to his last breath.

I think he will be world class one day if he's not already one.

Fitzy
06 Jul 18, 15:39
Bentacur just tried to brake Tolisso's leg.

Native
06 Jul 18, 15:40
Brilliant header.

firmino
06 Jul 18, 15:44
in this world cup set pieces are being incredibly relevant

chipschups
06 Jul 18, 15:52
Stuani basically break every Uruguay counter, missed pass and then get beaten by Varane. Cavani probably burning inside right now.

ElDiego22
06 Jul 18, 15:56
Such a boring match. France can do much better.

Dylan
06 Jul 18, 16:00
Get the crippled Cavani on and get your shit together.

Fitzy
06 Jul 18, 16:01
Uruguay have still created a couple of decent chances, though.

Native
06 Jul 18, 16:20
Ouch... That stings...

Ed.
06 Jul 18, 16:21
Bentacur just tried to brake Tolisso's leg.

He is a juventino.

Wallace
06 Jul 18, 16:22
World class Muslera.

ADRossi
06 Jul 18, 16:24
What a brutal goal to concede

Dylan
06 Jul 18, 16:30
Caceres is so fucking bad at attacking.

magnesium
06 Jul 18, 16:35
From PSG to Girona :awwyeah:

I kinda feel bad for Uruguay,,,

Just like 4 years ago, you can't go because Suarez didn't play, now you can't go because Cavani didn't play.

Wallace
06 Jul 18, 16:35
Is this really the "World Class" Uruguay I have been hearing about?

They are pretty tenacious in defending and they put in the extra shift. Without Cavani though, they look completely tamed.

bolo
06 Jul 18, 16:47
why he cry? just watch, i miss something?

Universe
06 Jul 18, 16:54
One of my absolute pet hates: it's the fucking 90-somethingth minute, and cunts are putting crosses that aren't even clearing the first man :palm: get the ball deep into the box, not on the fringes where it's so easily cleared

- - - Updated - - -

Also toreira looks likes a tattooed small child

firmino
06 Jul 18, 17:22
why he cry? just watch, i miss something?

Whom are you referring to?

Earth
06 Jul 18, 17:27
Giménez started crying about 5 minutes before full time

Ronin
06 Jul 18, 21:22
Cavani > Suarez

crzdcolombian
06 Jul 18, 22:56
Shocked by this loss

Went out too defensively

monster09
07 Jul 18, 09:21
Good game, France were the deserving winners. Uruguay missed Cavani big time.

Pogba and Kante just bossed the game.

Ed.
07 Jul 18, 09:26
I was hoping Uruguay to triumph because I'm getting bored with European teams winning the world cup.

wera
07 Jul 18, 21:36
Pogba and Kante just bossed the game.

Even tho they play in an inferior league.

monster09
08 Jul 18, 05:19
Even tho they play in an inferior league.

Number of PL/English league players in Semi finalists starting 11.

Croatia - 1
England - 11
Belgium - 9
France - 4

wera
09 Jul 18, 09:44
Carragher about Suarez

“He kicked me in a training session at Melwood. 'This fella is a bit different,' I thought. I loved it. Then I kicked him back!

“His skill was obvious – Suarez is the best Liverpool signing I played with – but the most instantly reassuring quality was how he approached every game the same, whether behind closed doors or in front of 45,000 at Anfield.

“Not all players do this. They hold back until matchday.”

“If the first team did not train as usual, he would join the reserves rather than head to the gym or for physiotherapy.

“Not once while we were playing, or even in year after my departure, did I ever see or hear of Suarez missing a session or game due to slight injury.

“He would need a broken bone to miss anything, and even then would probably argue with the doctor about his fitness.”

Dylan
09 Jul 18, 23:33
Suarez has that cuntish desire to win which you have to admire as long as he isn't biting you or calling you some derogatory term personally. I loved his handball against Ghana too.

ADRossi
10 Jul 18, 00:15
The handball made sense; the THREE biting incidents is where he lost me.

firmino
10 Jul 18, 09:19
clearly hunger to win

crzdcolombian
12 Jul 18, 12:51
The handball made sense; the THREE biting incidents is where he lost me.

The hand of god made me love him. I don’t care about the biting. Some dudes grab players asses or dicks that is werid.

Tho Evra did accuse him of calling him something racist.