PDA

View Full Version : Stefan de Vrij

Pages : [1] 2

ADRossi
02 Jul 18, 16:49
MILAN - Stefan De Vrij is a new Inter player. The Dutch defender has signed a contract with the club that runs from 1st July 2018 until 30 June 2023

Born on 5 February 1992 in Ouderkerk aan den IJssel, De Vrij joined the Feyenoord academy at the age of ten. With the Rotterdam side, he made his professional debut as a 17-year-old on 24 September 2009 in a cup fixture against Harkemase Boys. He quickly became a pillar in defence for Feyenoord, making 154 appearances and scoring seven goals in five seasons. In that time, he also made his debuts in both the Champions League and Europa League.

De Vrij’s time in Italy began in the summer of 2014 when he was signed by Lazio. He scored a goal on his debut on 24 August as the Biancocelesti beat Virtus Bassano 7-0 in the cup. His impact in Italy was very impressive as he made 35 appearances in his first season at Lazio, playing an important role for Stefano Pioli’s team as they finished third and reached the Coppa Italia final. In the 2015-16 season, the Dutch defender was waylaid by a knee injury picked up on international duty but he came back to retake his place as a leader in defence. In the past two years, he won the Supercoppa Italiana when Lazio beat Juventus 3-2 and Stefan proved himself to be one of the league’s most reliable defenders. He was a vital element in Simone Inzaghi’s system and also managed to score six goals last season. By the end of his time with the Biancocelesti, he had made 118 appearances and scored ten goals across Serie A, the Coppa Italia, the Supercoppa Italiana, Champions League and Europa League.

For the Netherlands, De Vrij came through all of the youth sides, winning silver at the 2009 Under-17 European Championship and bronze at the 2013 Under-21 European Championship. He won his first senior cap on 15 August 2012 in a friendly against Belgium and in 2014 he was a starter at the World Cup in Brazil where the Dutch finished third. He has so far made 36 appearances and scored three goals for the Oranje.

The city of Milan is now ready to welcome De Vrij. #WelcomeStefan and good luck for this new adventure with the Nerazzurri!

https://www.inter.it/en/news/63223/s...n-inter-player

kurt0411
02 Jul 18, 17:08
Absolutely brilliant signing. Him and Skriniar and we've got our back line sorted for the next 10 years almost

Il Drago
02 Jul 18, 17:12
Steal. I still find hard to believe we got one of the best Serie A defenders for free. The fact we got him for free from Lotito of all people is an added bonus. Welcome aboard Stefan and good luck!

Nothing
02 Jul 18, 17:15
Welcome Stefan !

LyNX
02 Jul 18, 17:41
:megusta:

Serie A
02 Jul 18, 17:51
If it wasn't for naingolan this would have been transfer of the season!

Quality signing and for free, and as a bonus we screw Lazio along the way.

Bob Sacamano
02 Jul 18, 17:59
Contrary to reports, however, he penned his deal on March 29 and not in the lead-up to Inter’s Champions League decider against the Aquile on the final day of last season.

As expected that son of a bitch Tare was whining for no reason.

Nero Indigo
02 Jul 18, 18:12
I still can't believe how we were able to sign this dude without any competition. Good stuff! I remember how whenever his name popped up in rumours, we'd dismiss it with a "lotito won't sell him to us" :lol: #forzainter

Devious
02 Jul 18, 18:15
As expected that son of a bitch Tare was whining for no reason.

Dogs bark. Fuck'em.

Stefan is a great addition to our rejuvenated squadra. A steal indeed.

Maslany
02 Jul 18, 19:02
This is the steal of the century! Well done Inter! Welcome De Vrij!!! :)

yoszee
02 Jul 18, 19:22
Wow, a God in this forum.

Bring Neymar please, God.

ElDiego22
02 Jul 18, 21:00
Already LGI.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/j6zyWR7FkV8-IfH22zQIf_o0PA6qSDCIxzNagYE7g9qoEf4pDv6jLFU1isKY7p i4Y8GkpqNClaVYUfaRE_VaOU1MgYy-LrmL1_tu6DpgOYc--SgvWDAwNt-3CFUUGcag5eVQeHdHIcV7DbvZ3e890AQxA0wQ9oOgvOhBb_HsV TgxlfI=w384-h384-nc

chipschups
02 Jul 18, 21:01
Transfer I excited the most. Benvenuto SteV D.

TheNetworkZ
02 Jul 18, 21:04
It's fucking nuts that we managed this :lol:

_Ivan_
02 Jul 18, 21:30
Thank you and welcome :D

Wobblz
02 Jul 18, 21:31
Yep, we got a 40M player for free. Sweet deal.

.h.
02 Jul 18, 22:04
when was the last time we had a bosman this good? Cambiasso?

Black Knight
02 Jul 18, 22:10
Botta

I4E
02 Jul 18, 22:24
Hi Steve-o

JJM
02 Jul 18, 23:25
ŠTEFAN!!!

ADRossi
03 Jul 18, 01:31
when was the last time we had a bosman this good? Cambiasso?

Vidic

Vintage
03 Jul 18, 05:01
FL5abGUrbu4

This guy :lol:

Kenny
03 Jul 18, 06:19
I believe I can fly, I believe I can touch de vrij

Black Knight
03 Jul 18, 06:57
I believe I can fly, I believe I can touch de vrij

Yeah don't do that.

monster09
03 Jul 18, 07:23
Think this will be signing of the season. What a player to get on free transfer. He is just 26 too.

With this and Asamoah, Inter have signed more than 50 million worth players for nothing.

anarchy2slayer
03 Jul 18, 08:36
Think this will be signing of the season. What a player to get on free transfer. He is just 26 too.

With this and Asamoah, Inter have signed more than 50 million worth players for nothing.

I wouldn't rate Asamoah that highly , but you are correct with De Vrij. Top player for free. One of the smartest pieces of business we did in the last few years.

Me2
03 Jul 18, 08:50
I wouldn't rate Asamoah that highly , but you are correct with De Vrij. Top player for free. One of the smartest pieces of business we did in the last few years.

Last season, Asamoah was better than their 70m rated left back and Kwadwo isn't even a natural LB.

As a free transfers, I'm happy with both de Vrij and Asamoah, considering we didn't have good rotation options on both positions.

SiamoNoi
03 Jul 18, 10:01
ŠTEFAN!!!
Štef.

morrisama
03 Jul 18, 10:05
Yep, we got a 40M player for free. Sweet deal.

or Lotitto loses his 40 million.

anyway, sweet fuckin deal. Willkommen Stefan :)

Besnik
03 Jul 18, 11:12
We have made some great transfers lately and de Vrij is one of them. Fantastic player and also a true professional. He's gonna be a boost in our already great defence though.

de Vrij and Skriniar is gonna be a great pair for years to come.

dax21
03 Jul 18, 11:18
Already LGI.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/j6zyWR7FkV8-IfH22zQIf_o0PA6qSDCIxzNagYE7g9qoEf4pDv6jLFU1isKY7p i4Y8GkpqNClaVYUfaRE_VaOU1MgYy-LrmL1_tu6DpgOYc--SgvWDAwNt-3CFUUGcag5eVQeHdHIcV7DbvZ3e890AQxA0wQ9oOgvOhBb_HsV TgxlfI=w384-h384-nc

Inter's media team deciding to add more details into these drawings instead of just having simple contours/lines like last year (which was bad enough already) just makes them look like South Park characters, a parody of some sort. It's just retarded, just like shitty photoshop edits with old pics with our kit slapped on is. How hard it is to hire an on-site professional photographer, give a real shirt for the player to wear and snap a bunch of pics. Not sure if this is some hip hipster asian trend that our zerg overlords are pushing for a reason or just clueless direction.

IRR26
03 Jul 18, 11:26
Vidic

Following Walter Mazzarri's departure as head coach, the returning Roberto Mancini relegated Vidić to the bench in favor of younger defenders Andrea Ranocchia and Juan Jesus. :notbad:

Native
03 Jul 18, 11:31
We will reach CL quarter final next year at the very least.

n4l
03 Jul 18, 11:55

ahaha...ok

I mean, I love lucky lucho, but he doesn't have a great CL history and will need to improve on that MASSIVELY if we are to make any significant progress in CL. What we should be focusing on is solidifying our standing in Serie A as a perennial top 4 team, and this signing (and the others) will definitely cement that.

chipschups
03 Jul 18, 12:29

There is huge falcao law on that.

Ed.
03 Jul 18, 13:09
Inter's media team deciding to add more details into these drawings instead of just having simple contours/lines like last year (which was bad enough already) just makes them look like South Park characters, a parody of some sort. It's just retarded, just like shitty photoshop edits with old pics with our kit slapped on is. How hard it is to hire an on-site professional photographer, give a real shirt for the player to wear and snap a bunch of pics. Not sure if this is some hip hipster asian trend that our zerg overlords are pushing for a reason or just clueless direction.

Maybe we should hire the one works for Roma.

Gosh. inter fans just have to complain about everything eh. These caricatures are made as clickbaits. We don't need them to be amazing.

Wobblz
03 Jul 18, 13:34
I like the illustrations as such, but I just don't think all the other elements are adequate - the photographic background namely. Would be much nicer if it was just an illustration and a type treatment.

ED 8661
03 Jul 18, 14:11
Maybe we should hire the one works for Roma.

Gosh. inter fans just have to complain about everything eh. These caricatures are made as clickbaits. We don't need them to be amazing.

There’s always one in every thread..

Nothing
03 Jul 18, 14:15
I'm sure we will get SMS for free too in years :oblivious:

SiamoNoi
03 Jul 18, 14:32
Looking good to me.

dax21
03 Jul 18, 14:49
Gosh. inter fans just have to complain about everything eh.

Pot, meet kettle. God forbid I express an opinion about Inter related things on an Inter fan forum.

Dogen
03 Jul 18, 15:06
Welcome De Vrij (finally, through all the drama that has been fabricated since March).

While I’m looking forward to his potentially epic partnership with Skriniar... right now, after watching the video presentations of Nainggolan (parkour) and Politano (city tour), I’m more curious to see what the marketing team has in store for both him and Asamoah.
Priorities, aka everything at its own time.

Anyway, masterclass by Ausilio.

qb4ever_2k
03 Jul 18, 17:29
Welcome De Vrij (finally, through all the drama that has been fabricated since March).

While I’m looking forward to his potentially epic partnership with Skriniar... right now, after watching the video presentations of Nainggolan (parkour) and Politano (city tour), I’m more curious to see what the marketing team has in store for both him and Asamoah.

Hell yeah, I'm waiting for the videos too, look really cool tbh.

Vintage
03 Jul 18, 18:35

This is the video :lol:
hd2JYI5kJCA

Just kidding.....welcome de vrij :interflag:

MakavelInterista
03 Jul 18, 23:44
I hate to bring this up but...can we for a second imagine what it would look like with Miranda/Skriniar as starting a game (particularly in the CL), being up 1-0 or 2-1, subbing Radja off for De Vrij who takes Skriniar's position as CB, and having Skriniar slot into the DM role?!

You can't tell me the possibility of De Vrij/Miranda at the back with Skriniar at DM doesn't excite you, even if it's just to close out games...

JJM
04 Jul 18, 01:10
I hate to bring this up but...can we for a second imagine what it would look like with Miranda/Skriniar as starting a game (particularly in the CL), being up 1-0 or 2-1, subbing Radja off for De Vrij who takes Skriniar's position as CB, and having Skriniar slot into the DM role?!

You can't tell me the possibility of De Vrij/Miranda at the back with Skriniar at DM doesn't excite you, even if it's just to close out games...

dude...i already have a boner for this idea

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL5abGUrbu4

Native
04 Jul 18, 12:45
ahaha...ok

I mean, I love lucky lucho, but he doesn't have a great CL history and will need to improve on that MASSIVELY if we are to make any significant progress in CL. What we should be focusing on is solidifying our standing in Serie A as a perennial top 4 team, and this signing (and the others) will definitely cement that.
Don't forget where you heard it first though!

Guz
04 Jul 18, 20:08
Welcome Stefan!

We got ourselves one of the best defenders in Italy, and for free, no less.
Kudos to Ausilio for pulling this off.
Personally, I don't think his arrival means we will switch to a 3-men defense as many people are suggesting. Instead, I think he will compete for one of the two available CB spots with Skriniar and Miranda, which will allow us some quality rotation in the back and, above all, keep them all well-rested all season long. Of course, age plays against Miranda, but I wouldn't rule him out yet, especially considering his International experience.

YoramG
10 Jul 18, 13:59
Oddly excited about his announcement video now.

In fact I'm now excited for us to buy more players just to see what our media department comes up with. Will Dembele be making waffles? Will Malcolm be in the middle? Will Vrsaljko teach us how to spell his name?

Such possibilities.

Wobblz
10 Jul 18, 14:24

Here it is @ 04:10 :troll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juHPx8n7dKs?t=250

YoramG
10 Jul 18, 15:17
Here it is @ 04:10 :troll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juHPx8n7dKs?t=250

:lol:

VECINO! LA PRENDE VECINO!

I will never get tired of those highlights.

JJM
10 Jul 18, 16:51
https://scontent-frx5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/36915630_1922501998041966_4347333727706152960_n.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=fcf6829307d2e6afb299d72ad77999e0&oe=5BA65880
CR kabbooom in to the wall...

WLEXT
11 Jul 18, 08:34

It's out https://twitter.com/i/status/1016947700548292609

Pajo
11 Jul 18, 08:54
Great video! Inter Marketing team is improving day by day.

Shark
11 Jul 18, 10:34
Did they mess up with his name at the end on purpose?

JJM
11 Jul 18, 10:41

TAAAC! AHAHAHA:awyeah:

dax21
11 Jul 18, 10:49
Massive improvement with the media stuff, that was awesome.

CafeCordoba
11 Jul 18, 10:50
Haha

JJM
11 Jul 18, 11:00
https://scontent-frx5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/36848970_10157669836673696_6149753071716007936_o.j pg?_nc_cat=0&oh=7a78c85cb6e4ab38a508db15350ad9a7&oe=5BCF39D9
Stefan the builder!

Dogen
11 Jul 18, 11:42
First Asamoah, playing scrabble and cheating with letters (hopefully his rehab already started: Juventus brainwashed him with that "winning is all that matters" mentality).
Bonus: meme reference.

Now De Vrij, building a wall while the stereotypical "man of retirement age who passes the time watching construction sites, with hands clasped behind their back" speaks to him in Milanese dialect and misspell his name.
Bonus: "Taaac" (even if the Dutchman has to work to reach the "taaac" level of Italian actor and comedian Renato Pozzetto).

My expectations are growing video after video.

JJM
11 Jul 18, 12:26
backstage hahaha TAAAC LMAO! hahaha

thatdude
11 Jul 18, 13:15
Can someone explain the taac thing to me?

Devious
11 Jul 18, 13:20
I suppose it's Ta-Daaa in Italian.

Adriano@10
11 Jul 18, 13:30
Can someone explain the taac thing to me?

Not 100% sure but i think it s used in milanese when your finished with something kind of a done or check or like devious said a tadaaa.

Anyways as far as i know it means heel and theres a milanese rhyme which my zia used to tell to us:
Ti che te tachet i tac
tacum i tac a mi
mi tacat i tac a ti
ti che tachet i tac
tacheti ti i to tac
ti che te tachet i tac.

sounds amazing when said at high speed. If i m not wrong it s about a shomaker telling another shoe maker to fix his heel.

firmino
11 Jul 18, 13:33
first of all, in italy we have this stereotype that older men, typically those who are retired, spend a good deal of their free time watching construction sites and even giving tips to the workers.

and it is not just a stereotype by the way, many times you do see them around.

that's why there is that old man at the beginning of the video: with no old geezer around, it's not an actual construction site. :lol:

rather than italian, "taaaac" is more specifically typical of milano. it can be translated as "tada" but has a lot of nuances, like "here you are", "done", and similar.

junkie
11 Jul 18, 13:37
https://youtu.be/anq-8rHNZsc

firmino
11 Jul 18, 13:40
That was a good movie, it portraits all the stereotypes on the city of Milano. The actor was quite popular, too.

Dylan
11 Jul 18, 17:14
Tac is a slang term for weed here so having the Dutch guy introduce himself with Taaaac! is pretty funny on a different level for me.

eduzee
11 Jul 18, 17:43
Tac is a slang term for weed here so having the Dutch guy introduce himself with Taaaac! is pretty funny on a different level for me.Bro this playa is dope. nd he looks like a stoner

Sent from my m2 using Tapatalk

Kakaroto
11 Jul 18, 17:51
So for Martinez they gonna make him do an asado?

Inter Siamo Noi
11 Jul 18, 22:51
There was already a welcome vid for Martinez

magnesium
12 Jul 18, 07:24
So for Martinez they gonna make him do an asado?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HW2s83ve3M

Best inter media video so far.. is lautaro martinez video.

n4l
13 Jul 18, 20:39
Good luck. CB competition will be fiery this year. Did you guys see Miranda at WC? Especially that last game where he totally dominated lukaku? Lol....

This going to be hard for whoever does not start. Lucky lucho will have tough decisions to make.

chipschups
13 Jul 18, 21:56
Good luck. CB competition will be fiery this year. Did you guys see Miranda at WC? Especially that last game where he totally dominated lukaku? Lol....

This going to be hard for whoever does not start. Lucky lucho will have tough decisions to make.

We cant registering our midfielder (Borja 5.5m, gagli 20m, vecino 24m) to champion league due to their price tag. So there is chance we wilĺ gonna play with 3 at back or just moving Skriniar as CDM when playing with 4 at back. Maybe he will turn into Super Milan Skriniar playing as midfielder.

Candreva Crosses
14 Jul 18, 03:03

He got raped by Lukaku every fucking aerial situation.

Matt90
14 Jul 18, 08:14
Still had an excellent overall WC though.

Lazio fans now changing their tune and seem to think journeyman acerbi will fill the void of De Vrij. If I was them and got a former Genoa reserve to replace a star defender I’d be frustrated to say the least. Cheap ass Lotito.

Universe
14 Jul 18, 08:36
Still had an excellent overall WC though.

Lazio fans now changing their tune and seem to think journeyman acerbi will fill the void of De Vrij. If I was them and got a former Genoa reserve to replace a star defender I’d be frustrated to say the least. Cheap ass Lotito.

At the very least, Acerbi is consistent. He's played every minute of every game for the past two consecutive seasons and 36 out of 38 games in 2015/16 - that's pretty impressive.

I agree Laizo probably need a new high level defender if they're going to emulate or better their performance last season though. I'm been thoroughly unimpressed every time I've seen any of Luiz Felipe, Wallace, Bastos, and Patric in particular seems a real shitter.

Besnik
14 Jul 18, 22:51
He got raped by Lukaku every fucking aerial situation.

Thats not true. Miranda has won a few aerial duels against Lukaku and was absolutely a beast during the game. I would say that was Miranda's best game on tournament.

brehme1989
15 Jul 18, 13:51
rather than italian, "taaaac" is more specifically typical of milano. it can be translated as "tada" but has a lot of nuances, like "here you are", "done", and similar.

It's also been used in French (heard it many times from Parisians in particular) and also in parts of Greece (mostly hear it from notherners). With the exact same meaning. I actually use it occassionally, out of a habit.

Candreva Crosses
15 Jul 18, 14:07
Thats not true. Miranda has won a few aerial duels against Lukaku and was absolutely a beast during the game. I would say that was Miranda's best game on tournament.

I'd like Highlights on that. Also I mentioned only aerial other than that he had him in his pocket.

Ziyad
15 Jul 18, 20:18
I'd like Highlights on that. Also I mentioned only aerial other than that he had him in his pocket.

Miranda definitely owned him in the second half.

Fapuccino
05 Aug 18, 00:21
Btw, how's this dude performing in pre-season?

Ziyad
05 Aug 18, 00:35
Not enough to to put Miranda on the bench,far from it. It's still preseason thu and he needs to have a better understanding with Skriniar

Palacio
05 Aug 18, 22:50
Not enough to to put Miranda on the bench,far from it. It's still preseason thu and he needs to have a better understanding with Skriniar

I am really suprised he hasn't scored a goal yet.

InterFCAustin
12 Aug 18, 02:42
Keep him in the bench.

It was refreshing to see Skriniar-Miranda duo again.

Il Drago
12 Aug 18, 08:34
I would like to see him next to Miranda before making a judgement on him. I am curious to see if he's just not good enough to start for us or if it's simply a matter of his partnership with Skriniar not working.

Starmo4
12 Aug 18, 09:28
I would like to see him next to Miranda before making a judgement on him. I am curious to see if he's just not good enough to start for us or if it's simply a matter of his partnership with Skriniar not working.

U wont see that . Maybe if skriniar get injured . He is untouchable

Candreva Crosses
12 Aug 18, 13:45
U wont see that . Maybe if skriniar get injured . He is untouchable

Don't you fucking dare to say injury and that name in the same sentence. you better fucking start an antijinx posting rampage

abuali
12 Aug 18, 19:08
he was very good yesterday

La Brujita
19 Aug 18, 11:22
I really hope he impresses today. Was a bit underwhelming in pre-season.

Palacio
19 Aug 18, 16:03
I really hope he impresses today. Was a bit underwhelming in pre-season.

I think Spalletti's eyes are on his goal scoring skills, not his defensive ones.

Il Drago
19 Aug 18, 22:34
This guy was probably the only positive from tonight . He was much better compared to the preseason matches.

Balor
19 Aug 18, 23:02
Surprised me today anyway, I thought it would have been Miranda carrying him, not the other way around. Good start at the club for this man.

ADRossi
19 Aug 18, 23:16
He was great tonight. Curious to see if he'll be this good with Skriniar as his CB partner.

satubito
20 Aug 18, 00:04
This guy was probably the only positive from tonight . He was much better compared to the preseason matches.

Asamoah and Politano were my player's of the match, but Stefan was a close second. Much better than in the preseason. Miranda just makes whoever starts beside him better.

Pimpin
20 Aug 18, 01:30
Miranda just makes whoever starts beside him better.

lmao, even when he fucks up people praise him

aymantawil
20 Aug 18, 01:52
lmao, even when he fucks up people praise himMiranda is class defender and by class I mean he is not the best defender but he is consistent and rarely do mistakes let alone stupid ones

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Ed.
20 Aug 18, 02:17
Miranda just makes whoever starts beside him better.

Didn't work on Dalbert though.

Candreva Crosses
20 Aug 18, 02:19
I bet shielding Dalbert with Samuel, Puyol, Maldini and fucking Zanetti wouldn't make that shit look good.

chipschups
20 Aug 18, 05:40
He is indeed one better performer tonight, and really sharp in the box almost score too.

Pajo
20 Aug 18, 07:33
Good second half, but made few amateurish mistakes in the first one. Still decent debut, envious to see how he does with Skriniar.

chipschups
27 Aug 18, 02:58
If last season we got Skriniar, this season for sure De Vrij doing the same prove all his doubter are wrong. So far he is one of our better performance in first two games. Spalletti should just stop make some mad experiment, just play backfour with him and Skriniar or miranda and we will be fine ffs.

ADRossi
27 Aug 18, 04:24
He's as good as advertised.

ElDuccio
28 Aug 18, 22:31
im really happy to have someone like him that can score. With Skriniar we have really dangerous players at the free kicks and corner

ADRossi
28 Aug 18, 22:39
Yeah, I love Miranda, but he provides absolutely zero aerial ability.

Balor
31 Aug 18, 13:10
From what I've seen so far, very positive in both games. Solid at the back and a constant threat from set pieces. He has more to offer than I thought he did, Miranda is going to have a tough time keeping his place in the team if he can keep this up.

La Brujita
01 Sep 18, 21:27
What a great defender. I didn't think I'd like him much and wanted Miranda to start but he's so calm on the ball and has a calming presense in defense. I'm surprised he came to us for free. This is such a coup.

Batman
01 Sep 18, 21:40
He and Skriniar were good today. But I wouldnt get hypes too much since Bologna was so shit today.

Besnik
01 Sep 18, 21:49
His goalscoring ability is a huge bonus for us. Dunno exactly how many goals he scored last season with Lazio, but as far as I know he was crucial in many games for them. I think we will score a bunch of goals from set-pieces this season.

Palacio
01 Sep 18, 22:35
His goalscoring ability is a huge bonus for us. Dunno exactly how many goals he scored last season with Lazio, but as far as I know he was crucial in many games for them. I think we will score a bunch of goals from set-pieces this season.

He scored 6 last season and scored already one goal with Inter.

La Brujita
01 Sep 18, 23:15
He and Skriniar were good today. But I wouldnt get hypes too much since Bologna was so shit today.

They have shit attackers (0 goals after 3 games) but it was mostly because Skrini and Stefan man-handled their attackers all game.

chipschups
02 Sep 18, 03:49
Screaming at his bromance hug with Skriniar, Inter defense is good for next 10 years.v

Dogen
02 Sep 18, 11:22
Screaming at his bromance hug with Skriniar

https://media.giphy.com/media/495ujhtizhinyEr0pU/giphy.gif

Palacio
02 Sep 18, 12:30
https://media.giphy.com/media/495ujhtizhinyEr0pU/giphy.gif

They almost have the same height.

ElDuccio
02 Sep 18, 12:32
yeah with Skriniar and De Vrij we have like 2 number 9 players. Both want's to score, it's a problem as you saw in the last minutes before the hug :yao:

ElDuccio
02 Sep 18, 13:49
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DmFi5JyXcAALJs7.jpg

Gift to Verstappen from De Vrij

Wobblz
02 Sep 18, 22:18
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DmFi5JyXcAALJs7.jpg

Gift to Verstappen from De Vrij
Seems bit large, no? :einstein:

#forcedperspective

wera
03 Sep 18, 12:33
Doing good, for now.

Ronaldo
03 Sep 18, 12:36
Why he gave him DDA's number?

junkie
03 Sep 18, 12:37
no.33 is on his bike

Poslano sa mog SM-G920F koriste

wera
03 Sep 18, 12:42
And that is because he is a DDA fan

La Brujita
10 Sep 18, 00:12
Any idea why he didn't start for the Netherlands? It De Ligt currently much better than him?

thatdude
10 Sep 18, 04:27
I was wondering the same thing. Seems to me like De Vrij and Van dijk should be the obvious Cb pairing. Apparently though De Ligt is really highly rated in the Netherlands.

Materazzi_23
10 Sep 18, 07:47
Van Dijk is captain so he will always start. De Ligt is one of the most promising young defender in years, it is a bit strange to see De Vrij on the bench but there is no discussion in Holland why de Vrij didn't start. De Ligt is just that good.

Il Drago
13 Sep 18, 08:57
De Vrij: ‘If I wanted to help Inter…’
By Football Italia staff

Stefan de Vrij defends his final match for Lazio - “do you think I’d have waited until the last game if I wanted to help Inter?”

The Dutch international had already signed for the Nerazzurri when the two sides met in Week 38 of last season, which was effectively a play-off for the Champions League.

The centre-back started for the Aquile against his future side, and gave away a penalty in the match.

“They knew me at Lazio and if they let me play, it means that they trusted me,” De Vrij pointed out, speaking to Corriere dello Sport.

“None of them said anything to me about the mistake I made that led to the penalty on [Mauro] Icardi.

“Unfortunately mistakes happen in football, especially in situations like that second half where we were playing very close to our own goal, and against a certain Icardi…

“That game wasn’t easy, I wanted to confirm my value in my last game for Lazio, but then there was that action…

“I was trying to intercept a ball that Eder had put into the box, then I saw Icardi, who wasn't offside, and would have finished in two steps.

“So I tried to intercept it and I came really close to nicking the ball. If I’d touched it then everyone would have talked about a great interception, but then…

“I did my best for Lazio that night, as a real professional. Do you think I’d have waited until the last game if I wanted to help Inter? In the second-last game I cleared one off the line at Crotone…”

De Vrij was asked what his new club’s aims for the season are.

“Finish in the top four and confirm ourselves in the Champions League.

“The Scudetto? I’ve learned not to be conditioned and only think about what happens on the pitch. It’s better to take it one game at a time, or being the anti-Juventus will become an obsession.”

Juventus signed Cristiano Ronaldo this summer, a deal which many considered impossible.

“I confess, at first I didn’t believe he’d come to Italy,” De Vrij confirmed.

“But they kept saying it and then… His arrival in Serie A was important for Italian football, because it gives a boost to the whole movement.

“I’ve played against him for the national team, in a friendly against Portugal just before the 2014 World Cup.

“It finished 1-1 and he scored at the end, but it was from a corner.

“The best striker I’ve ever faced? Kylian Mbappé.”

Fitzy
14 Sep 18, 13:47
I like this kent

Devious
14 Sep 18, 14:19
That's the most Aussie thing I've heard all week

qb4ever_2k
14 Sep 18, 14:24
Simply not an aussie thing without cunts

Devious
14 Sep 18, 19:02
Kents

Wobblz
14 Sep 18, 22:25
Clark Kent, at your services.

Materazzi_23
19 Sep 18, 08:36
De Vrij and Skriniar will be one of the toughest central duo in Europe the coming years!

Candreva Crosses
19 Sep 18, 17:52
This motherfucker has made Spalletti's job so hard.

Rasha
19 Sep 18, 18:50
De Vrij and Skriniar will be one of the toughest central duo in Europe the coming years!

didnt know man utd is interested in de vrij also

CafeCordoba
19 Sep 18, 19:00
He was great, though he wass the one who let Kane 1v1 against Handa. Like lost Kane 100% on that one.

Candreva Crosses
19 Sep 18, 19:26
He was great, though he wass the one who let Kane 1v1 against Handa. Like lost Kane 100% on that one.

If that was Handanovic he would get eaten alive on this forum.

chipschups
20 Sep 18, 10:33
One thing is he really so sharp in the box, 1 goal and 2 assist so far? and couple of close call to score during corner or set pieces.

Sassuolu
20 Sep 18, 11:18
Yeah only time he was in trouble was when Kane came one on one but he recovered quickly.

Love his calmness when coming out with the ball.

aymantawil
20 Sep 18, 22:14
SDV Assist in the game against Lazio with the tackle in Icardi , and assist for Vecino for the goal against Tottenham, non the less Vecino the scorer of the winner goals. Pazza coincidences

javier_zanetti <3
25 Sep 18, 22:01
Fantastic player.

hitmax
25 Sep 18, 23:00
another great game from this guy, he is easily best signing of the summer.

MusicalMafia
25 Sep 18, 23:12
Beast of a player. Might be MOTM for me, pretty much all more difficult defensive staff was handled by him apart from one intervention by Skriniar and one from Handa.

I want Miranda to play but this guy has instantly become untouchable. And lets not forget that there is more to come knowing how often he scores with his head - goal against Torino wasn't an accident.

Candreva Crosses
25 Sep 18, 23:15
WHAT

surripere
25 Sep 18, 23:31
This is one ice cool motherfucker.

thatdude
26 Sep 18, 09:28
This guy is a boss. I was most impressed by him on the ball. Taking difficult balls down with the chest and finding teammates safely with ease. Should have been a much easier game for the CBs but our midfield kept putting us under pressure. He and Skriniar stood up well

Bluenine
26 Sep 18, 10:24
We have 3 great CBs to rotate around. Wish we were like this in all positions.

Devious
26 Sep 18, 10:33
This guy is a boss. I was most impressed by him on the ball. Taking difficult balls down with the chest and finding teammates safely with ease. Should have been a much easier game for the CBs but our midfield kept putting us under pressure. He and Skriniar stood up well

Exactly, I'll just put it this way; imagine Cambiasso in front of De Vrij and Skriniar.

I think our priority in January is a quality midfielder who can read the game and cover all spaces and fucking intercept the fucking ball from the opposition, cause right now Brozo does everything by himself it's ridiculous!

Pajo
26 Sep 18, 14:05
If we cant get Rafinha, i would deffo get Barella. The boy is awesome. If we dont get him soon, Juve will get him as Khedira replacement next year.

Inter7
26 Sep 18, 18:57
If we cant get Rafinha, i would deffo get Barella. The boy is awesome. If we dont get him soon, Juve will get him as Khedira replacement next year.

dont they play different positions? rafinha is an AM and Barella is a CM? The circle jerk of Rafinha on this foum is unreal

phonk
26 Sep 18, 19:33
Skriniar/De Vrij will be the best CB pairing in the league for the next couple of years, absolutely 0 doubt

wera
26 Sep 18, 19:39
Looks like it, yeah. =)

Wings
27 Sep 18, 01:02
dont they play different positions? rafinha is an AM and Barella is a CM? The circle jerk of Rafinha on this foum is unreal

I don't see any obvious reason why Rafinha can't play CM. I want Rafinha because we have lots of direct players, both in forward and midfield position. We have relatively less ability in passing the ball, which Rafinha excels in.

Inter7
27 Sep 18, 01:42
I don't see any obvious reason why Rafinha can't play CM. I want Rafinha because we have lots of direct players, both in forward and midfield position. We have relatively less ability in passing the ball, which Rafinha excels in.

but thats my point people would rather play Rafinha out of position when you can get another CM who can be a ball passing player. Plus I think with brozo being the tempo and passer in the team its best if we find a different type of MF next to him with that being said someone who is obviously has a first touch and can pass.

Pajo
27 Sep 18, 08:24

They do. Maybe we would do 4-3-3, i think we have players more suited to 4-3-3 rather than 4-2-3-1.

I'd agree Rafi is vastly overrated by many inter fans, but the guy (the type of player) is what Inter needs atm.

Jerry
29 Sep 18, 21:40
I'm sure there were positives, but today vs Cagliari, de Vrij missed two headers from 6 yards and was probably most responsible on the corner that Cagliari scored with a handball.

Not here to bash him, just pointing out some less than stellar moments.

CoolMan44
29 Sep 18, 22:02
As I mentioned, I have no issue with the headers. I can't comment on the goal as I can't remember who was supposed to be guarding the goal-scorer.

In terms of the headers, the fact that this guy is our most dangerous player after set pieces tells a lot - he's excellent in the air. Neither header was easy, as the first was a little too high, and it's not as if he was standing unchallenged in the box with no player 10 metres from him.

I think, in general, when the biggest gripe about a central defender is that he didn't score 2 goals, it means he was excellent (not sure about the Cagliari goal though, once again).

brehme1989
29 Sep 18, 22:11
It was a crap defensive setup in that corner. Our two center backs didn't man mark anyone. Lautaro was sort of man marking Dessena and abandoned him after a bit. Perisic also went too aggressive and left the post to reach the ball when it already was 2 vs 2 on the air.

eduzee
01 Oct 18, 06:28
like the movement of this guy. so calm and accurate.

DARi0
02 Oct 18, 18:10
Exactly, I'll just put it this way; imagine Cambiasso in front of De Vrij and Skriniar.

I think our priority in January is a quality midfielder who can read the game and cover all spaces and fucking intercept the fucking ball from the opposition, cause right now Brozo does everything by himself it's ridiculous!
The solution is called Barella, the modern 2way midfielder with ideal technique, vision and passing skills. Runs a lot and plays with utter determination, resulting in a lot of duels won and balls recovered for the team.

https://www.football-italia.net/sites/default/files/imagecache/main_photo/[type]/[nid]/DeVrij-1808-Tor-celeb-epa_0.jpg

Stefan de Vrij insists the “pressure doesn’t affect me” at Inter and is concerned about the “intensity” of the PSV Eindhoven wingers.

The Nerazzurri continue their Champions League campaign in Eindhoven tomorrow evening after beating Tottenham Hotspur 2-1.

“I feel great at this club, as it’s like a family and I really like it here,” said the Dutch defender in his Press conference.

“I knew this was a huge club with a lot of expectations. There is pressure, but it doesn’t affect me. :datass:
It was tough at the start when results weren’t going our way, as we had many new players like me and others who arrived late due to the World Cup. Now we’re finding our feet.”
De Vrij was playing for Feyenoord during an extraordinary 10-0 defeat to PSV Eindhoven here in October 2010.

“It was one of the ugliest moments of my career, but I won here too. I saw that PSV lost to Barcelona in the last round. They have fast wingers, a centre-forward to lean on and play with great intensity. It won’t be easy for us.”

Bluenine
02 Oct 18, 20:02
The solution is called Barella, the modern 2way midfielder with ideal technique, vision and passing skills. Runs a lot and plays with utter determination, resulting in a lot of duels won and balls recovered for the team.

I have been talking up Barella since last season, I rate him higher than most for a while now. If we have the funds, we must sign him... but as Nainggolan's long term replacement, not as a starting player and definitely not as DM. The kid is still 21, and is just 2 seasons old at a small club in Serie A. Ideally we should allow him a year or two of adjustment and growth to become a regular starter for Inter. Which we can since Nianggolan should be good for a year or two, and probably can teach young Barella a lot of things.

Our DM position is an immediate requirement, like Devious mentioned a "Cambiasso" type player would be brilliant in Jan. But we need a player who is Cambiasso level already, and that is not easy to find. Sarri seems to be wasting Kante's talent at Chelsea by playing him out go position, so if he still loves Vecino (who is more suitable for that role) I wouldn't mind a swap ;) Another option could be Julian Weigl, who seems out of favour at Dortmund. I saw him play (in the stadium) many times 2 years ago and he looked like an awesome talent who was ready for a step up, though I am not sure how ready he is now as he seems to have regressed.

Ideally, I would love this midfield:

Nainggolan (Barella)
Brozovic (Valero) - Kante (Gagliardini)

brehme1989
02 Oct 18, 22:43
There's no Cambiasso type of player at the moment. If there was one in Europe, everyone would know. As for talents in Argentna/South America, there ae some cases, but if anyone was really close to that level and style, they'd be in Europe by their late teens.

The one talent that might have good chances of becoming a similar player is Gaston Lodico. Looks similar on the ball, but I need to watch him much closer to understand if he 'gets' the game tactically as well as Cambiasso did. I also like Benavidez for that DM spot, but he's not similar to Cambiasso. More like Casemiro I'd say but more comfortable on the ball.

Speaking of which, I'm super excited about Maxi Lovera and that's a player I'd love Inter to get. He'll own that right wing spot for a decade if he adapts to Italian football. Just needs a full season in Argentina and he'll be far greater than the likes of Di Maria.

Anne Marie
03 Oct 18, 00:01
If it were:

Brozo
Gaga-Vidal

Would you guys prefer this over:

Ninja
Brozo-Vecino

Kenny
03 Oct 18, 22:03
BOSS

Batman
03 Oct 18, 22:25
What a rock.

Candreva Crosses
04 Oct 18, 00:28
No CB in the world is like Skriniar, so you'll have to do de Vrij. I think I will always be a hard critic of you because of the level Skriniar has put in that line.

Pimpin
04 Oct 18, 03:14
9 pages only, proof that he is doing good :lol:

ScottishInterista
04 Oct 18, 09:19
Am so thankful we got him, not often you get two CB's who form such a solid bond together

ElDuccio
05 Oct 18, 15:47
http://images2.gazzanet.gazzettaobjects.it/wp-content/uploads/sites/45/2018/10/img-3471-1.jpg?v=20181005140000

You dont know how much i hated our defense years ago with Nagatomo, Rannochia, Juan Jesus...even some club like Ascoli could have scored against that defense. It's amazing how much we improved now with this 2 guys but also Asamoah and Vrsa!

phonk
05 Oct 18, 16:02
We paid more for Dalbert than for these two. Let that sink in

ForzaNerazzurro
05 Oct 18, 16:14
I really hope we don't lose either of them because the club is paying stupid wages.

A.l.i
05 Oct 18, 16:18
Such an old fashioned solid CB.

ScottishInterista
05 Oct 18, 21:33
We paid more for Dalbert than for these two. Let that sink in

Wasn't Dilbert 20 million and Skriniar 23 million?

brehme1989
05 Oct 18, 21:41
Wasn't Dilbert 20 million and Skriniar 23 million?

Skriniar was 12 + Caprari.

Besnik
06 Oct 18, 08:15
Skriniar was 12 + Caprari.

13 + Caprari

dax21
06 Oct 18, 08:21
You dont know how much i hated our defense years ago with Nagatomo, Rannochia, Juan Jesus...even some club like Ascoli could have scored against that defense. It's amazing how much we improved now with this 2 guys but also Asamoah and Vrsa!

My new favorite Inter moment is when both Skriniar and DeVrij walk into the box on corners

https://i.imgur.com/hk8Xgbl.gif

Devious
07 Oct 18, 13:19
https://image.ibb.co/bCb0tp/FB_IMG_1538914427942.jpg

Them shorts

Wobblz
07 Oct 18, 14:54
https://image.ibb.co/bCb0tp/FB_IMG_1538914427942.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/hk8Xgbl.gif

:troll:

Devious
07 Oct 18, 21:44
I4E must have one of those vintage hot Inter shorts

He was missed today, I have nothing against Miranda, but he's been committing stupid fouls lately, today's penalty was so uncalled for.

WLEXT
08 Oct 18, 13:33
https://i.imgur.com/7sIcYYjl.jpg

https://twitter.com/safiazsn/status/1049059445051981824

chipschups
08 Oct 18, 16:02
De Vrij x Skriniar bromance is sailing :awyeah:

Sassuolu
09 Oct 18, 06:25
And we have Miranda on the bench.

"Luxury" - Yorkshire accent, Monty Python.

Javier'sSon
09 Oct 18, 18:33
Seriously this guy has been the greatest surprise this season, didn't rule out the thought him becoming essential for us but never expected him to settle so quickly. Has to be said good, defensive-minded players seem to almost always feel at home at Inter.

hitmax
25 Oct 18, 13:28
this guy was so crucial for our defense this season so far, lets not rotate him in big matches again.

king_elnino
03 Nov 18, 20:29
no love for this man against Genoa? he’s superb.

wera
03 Nov 18, 20:32
I find it weird that two such similar CBs complete each other so well. Both are no bs type, strong and both aren't bad at passing the ball. Many of our attacks today started with our CBs being comfortable when passing the ball forward.

eduzee
03 Nov 18, 21:31
SDV has an amazing accuracy. The man has that cold blooded state of mind I can't describe. World class defender. See him becoming a legend if things are going well.

rfU
04 Nov 18, 08:10
Many of our attacks today started with our CBs being comfortable when passing the ball forward.Let see how competent vs Barcas high pressing on tuesday.

wera
04 Nov 18, 11:22
Last time it was Miranda instead of SDV. Will Miranda start again against Barca? :(

I love Miranda, but SDV-Skriniar is the combo I would use against Barca.

Kramerica Industries
04 Nov 18, 16:45
Last time it was Miranda instead of SDV. Will Miranda start again against Barca? :(

I love Miranda, but SDV-Skriniar is the combo I would use against Barca.

I expect De Vrij and Skriniar again. I thought that, if anyone was going to get the day off back there yesterday, it would've been Skriniar with Miranda playing for him, but I guess Spalletti didn't want to go three-in-three with Miranda? Best guess I can figure. Originally, I thought he went with Miranda in Barcelona to rest De Vrij for the Lazio game, and maybe he did that originally and then changed his mind the closer the Lazio game came, but this time around the Barcelona game is clearly the most important one in this mini-stretch and I fully expect the best Starting XI that health permits on Tuesday.

I'm guessing Miranda will make his next appearance at Bergamo.

Rasha
29 Nov 18, 08:33
M O T H E R F U C K E R !

ScottishInterista
29 Nov 18, 08:59
Thought he was great for the most part if i'm being honest. Made Kane his bitch for the most part

thatdude
29 Nov 18, 15:17
I think he and Skriniar are two players we can’t lose. Need to build around them, Brozovic and Icardi. That’s our spine

Wallace
29 Nov 18, 18:56
Pretty lucky to find our Miranda replacement this quickly, and for free, and he's under 30 as well.

Thank god honestly, or just thank Ausilio.

Devious
29 Nov 18, 19:25
I think he and Skriniar are two players we can’t lose. Need to build around them, Brozovic and Icardi. That’s our spine

Was just telling that to Besnik on messenger. If we sold one of these then Suning can kiss my ass and Zhang is better take off to China and manage some kung fu club instead.

Hasan
30 Nov 18, 00:51

I know he’s still too young to be key part of the team but I wouldn’t sell Lautaro at any circumstances. He have that Luis Suarez vibe (hunger) when he was in Ajax that you can see he will be great.

ronnyle
30 Nov 18, 01:00
Was just telling that to Besnik on messenger. If we sold one of these then Suning can kiss my ass and Zhang is better take off to China and manage some kung fu club instead.

That is ban worthy. Racist af.

YoramG
30 Nov 18, 22:13
Nvm, wrote a whole thing about why Devious wasn't being racist but it's not even remotely on topic.

Don't sell De Vrij or Skriniar fuckers, regardless of whether you know about Kung Fu or not.

GenDire
01 Dec 18, 08:27
That is ban worthy. Racist af.

Has nobody here seen Shaolin Soccer?

varmin
01 Dec 18, 10:38
Has nobody here seen Shaolin Soccer?

Great movie. Kung Fu Hustle also is worth watching.

CoolMan44
15 Dec 18, 19:30
So damn good on the ball. He misses a bit of pace, but his partnership with Skriniar is a great one to have.

Pimpin
15 Dec 18, 20:00
i think today was his best game for us tbh.

Devious
15 Dec 18, 20:22
A multiple times I thought he's Skriniar with the flawless interceptions, really good game.

They teach each other and learn from their strengths, we're so lucky to have them, just need Cambiasso to complete them.

Ed.
19 Dec 18, 23:49
Just saw his lady's picture on inter.it

Damn.. he has a really good taste.

brehme1989
22 Dec 18, 21:41
It was his fuck up that led to Chievo's goal. Aside from a bad parallel pass at the back, it was his only mistake. Just shows how these things can be costly at the back. Can't complain about his overall performance.

surripere
22 Dec 18, 21:49
Just saw his lady's picture on inter.it

Damn.. he has a really good taste.
Or he can just afford it.

wera
22 Dec 18, 22:18
Was pretty good the whole game except for the collective fuck up.

Guz
22 Dec 18, 22:55
That kind of shit can happen even to the best defenders. The real problem is our chronic inability to put games away. No matter how poor the opponents are, we always find a way to keep them in the game until the last 20 minutes, when we usually sit back, letting them take over the midfield, and start defending with ten men in our last third. And that's what makes the chances of a fuck-up skyrocket.

Ed.
23 Dec 18, 10:20
It was his fuck up that led to Chievo's goal. Aside from a bad parallel pass at the back, it was his only mistake. Just shows how these things can be costly at the back. Can't complain about his overall performance.

Skriniar kept Pellisier onside also though. It was a collective mistake from the defence system.

brehme1989
23 Dec 18, 10:47
Skriniar kept Pellisier onside also though. It was a collective mistake from the defence system.

Well, de Vrij was supposed to be marking Pelissier and he tried to reach a header that was destined for a player 2 meters ahead of him, a player that Skriniar was responsible for, leaving Pelissier exposed to our defence. You can blame lack of communication, but not Skriniar individually. Skriniar failing to reach that header wouldn't be the end of the world if de Vrij was on Pelissier at the time. D'Ambrosio could also be blamed for that move but it wasn't his fault either.

Ed.
23 Dec 18, 11:32
Well, de Vrij was supposed to be marking Pelissier and he tried to reach a header that was destined for a player 2 meters ahead of him, a player that Skriniar was responsible for, leaving Pelissier exposed to our defence. You can blame lack of communication, but not Skriniar individually. Skriniar failing to reach that header wouldn't be the end of the world if de Vrij was on Pelissier at the time. D'Ambrosio could also be blamed for that move but it wasn't his fault either.

If you have read my post properly. I said it is a mistake of the defence system rather than individual mistakes. I didnt blame anyone.

I could have blame Brozovic as well for throwing away the corner in a way worst thab amateur player. But their goal came from a collective mistake of our players rather than an individual one.

brehme1989
23 Dec 18, 11:44
Which is what I disagree with :)

It was almost exclusively a de Vrij error. You also singled out Skriniar's "mistake", which wasn't really a mistake. It was a standard situation and de Vrij made it happen for Chievo. Shit happens, he'll get over it and perform better next time.

Ed.
23 Dec 18, 11:50
Pellisier was behind DDA when the header was done. Skriniar was the last man. Where was the marker of the header? He was left alone. Yeah ofc its only de vrij fault.

Wobblz
23 Dec 18, 12:35
I wasn't able to watch the rest of the game as I had some friends that are MU fans and we switched to their game against Cardiff, but watching Chievo's goal I can also put some blame on Handa's half-assed attempt to rush out and clear the ball, which not only he didn't manage to pull-off but he opened the goal completely. Anyway, this one goes to Spalletti also, you just can't let Chievo outplay you in the 2nd half and also he should've tried to kill the game with a second goal early on. Pressure is mounting.

brehme1989
23 Dec 18, 14:14
Pellisier was behind DDA when the header was done. Skriniar was the last man. Where was the marker of the header? He was left alone. Yeah ofc its only de vrij fault.

I don't get why you people keep doing this and then call me stubborn :lol:

Long ball incoming:

https://i.imgur.com/UFyn8hz.png

de Vrij chases the ball, Skriniar gets confused, D'Ambrosio who was standing 2 meters away from Pelissier (who was on a sprint) is now forced to make a sprint run on someone who's already accelerating (leaving the age nonsense aside, if he wasn't capable of it, he wouldn't pull it off, it's not like he was running in slow mo) and was someone else's responsibility, so he's lagging in terms of distance and acceleration.
https://i.imgur.com/ZYvu4hh.jpg

Same applies with Skriniar who doesn't have time to react as he initially set his foot to go for a header but instantly made a backwards step as he saw de Vrij jump for it. By the time the ball came towards his direction it was already under Pelissier's control and at least 3 meters away from him, while the sprinting striker just needed a finish.

https://i.imgur.com/XhjsD7Z.png

And here is the moment right after the long ball was hit by Chievo. Notice that de Vrij is pretty much man marking Pelissier and then decided to become a faulty patriot missile.

https://i.imgur.com/jFIdcir.png

So you can see that Pelissier who was happily free from de Vrij started sprinting when he noticed that hiccup and took full advantage of it.

And here's the video:
Gmpj0onawCE

P.S: It took a much longer than I anticipated until someone ridiculously blamed Handanovic for the goal :lol:

Universe
23 Dec 18, 17:52
I don't give a fuck about the goal or whose fault it was or wasn't. I'm perfectly happy to blame Berni for all I give a shit.

A gripe I have with de Vrij is that he plays backwards to Handanovic way too often.

As we all know, Handanovic (who deserves immense credit for improving dramatically in this regard) is still, pretty unimpressive at playing out from the back. He's gone from perhaps the single worst goalkeeper I've ever seen with his feet, to being "just a bit crap". An improvement from 1/10 to 4/10 is big, but 4/10 is still pretty shit.

Essentially, playing to Handanovic is a risk. Most of the time we end up putting unnecessary pressure on ourselves while stretched, and turn the ball over with a long punt to the halfway line. de Vrij very often will pass backwards to Hnadanovic when he has other options still available. This bothers me tremendously. He must work on his ball retention and the team too, must do better to make themselves available for passes from our CB's.

brehme1989
23 Dec 18, 18:20
Too strict on Handanovic with his feet. We rarely face trouble when he has the ball and he's usually very smart with the distribution. He does look very awkward with the ball though which creates this perceived flaw about his ball playing ability, but that's about it. Obviously it's not one of his strengths, but it's a non-issue. I'm more comfortable with him throwing the ball towards the attack, which for some reason seems like a superstrength skill when it's done by Handa as it covers 2/3 of the pitch. We need more of that :D

The problem is de Vrij is running out of options to give the ball to, not that it's back to Handa. We sometimes attack on the counter and 3 seconds later the ball ends up between Skriniar and de Vrij in the middle of the pitch.

Our midfield is barely EL material (it will show when we display half of it in the actual tournament) while our attack and defence is of CL level. There's a huge gap, literally and figuratively.

M.Adnan
23 Dec 18, 19:57
Our midfield is barely EL material (...) while our attack and defence is of CL level. There's a huge gap, literally and figuratively.

Hasn't it always been like this with Inter (excluding Mourinho)? It's like a part of the club's philosophy.

brehme1989
23 Dec 18, 21:32
Hasn't it always been like this with Inter (excluding Mourinho)? It's like a part of the club's philosophy.

We used to have some great midfielders but lacked the ability to make them tick. Di Biagio-Seedorf-Jugovic for example should have been elite but we managed to bottle that season because Ronaldo was injured and Vieri missed half the games. We did have lots of average players that started for us like Cauet, Cristiano Zanetti, Farinos, Emre, Dacourt, Muntari etc, while our managers always used players out of position for no reason. Veron starting as right midfielder comes to mind :lol:

dax21
23 Dec 18, 21:51
I really find it unfair to throw Emre in with Farinos and Dacourt. It's the injuries that ruined him. He was a fairly reliable player for us and definitely at least a mediocre midfielder compared to atrocious failures listed above.

chipschups
23 Dec 18, 23:05
I will stick blame on Spalletti on this games.

rfU
26 Dec 18, 13:19
We did have lots of average players that started for us like Cauet, Cristiano Zanetti, Farinos, Emre, Dacourt, Muntari etc Zanetti and Emre were injury prone not average.

brehme1989
26 Dec 18, 13:32
Zanetti and Emre were injury prone not average.

I sort of liked Cristiano Zanetti but he was a limited player. He was no Di Biagio or Almeyda, just to mention two similar players we had who were better but not world class.

With Emre I never got the hype, good on the ball, average passing for his role, decent dribbling but nothing great, his shooting was awful and this was a time where you needed midfielders to shoot more and he lost the ball too easily at times because he was fragile and physically weaker than his competition. He was a great prospect when we signed him at an early age, had one solid season, but he never really improved. David Pizarro was a humongous upgrade over him, only shame was that Mancini couldn't take advantage of it.

Wobblz
02 Feb 19, 09:18
Here's an interview with him on Goal.com's Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/goal/videos/572935303175028/).

Stefan shares that it was Spalletti who called him and convinced him to join us. Also talks about Icardi, De Ligt, Suarez, etc.

n4l
10 Feb 19, 13:00
Very good player but makes too many mistakes. His lapses in concentration & poor reaction time on entry passes is just not good enough for where we want to be.

If Godin does come, deV is probably on the bench.

firmino
10 Feb 19, 13:08
unless we give credit to those conte rumours. in case he's our coach next season, neither de vrij nor godin will eat bench

YoramG
10 Feb 19, 13:32
Eh, if starting next season Stefan de Vrij is our weakest CB then I'd say we have absolutely no problems in this sector.

Sassuolu
12 Feb 19, 10:24
Yeah, he does make a few mistakes, luckily for him I can't recall us conceding any goals direct from them.

n4l
12 Feb 19, 12:55
Almost all of our goals conceeded in the last month+ are due to him.

rockball
12 Feb 19, 16:15
Almost all of our goals conceeded in the last month+ are due to him.

Even earlier in the season, also in CL.

K.I.
12 Feb 19, 16:24
He def looks like a solid defender but then you look at replays and over time u see he makes a lot of defensive mistakes, gets wrong footed a lot, passes go through him and behind him easily. Maybe if he improves his positioning and timing he will be better.

thatdude
12 Feb 19, 20:53
Well with a player like Godin coming in he’ll have competition, which can only be good for him. Long term though he looks like the partner for Skriniar unless Bastoni develops a lot.

crzdcolombian
13 Feb 19, 01:40
Well with a player like Godin coming in he’ll have competition, which can only be good for him. Long term though he looks like the partner for Skriniar unless Bastoni develops a lot.

Godin will be another Vidic.

This dude is 27 he doesn’t need to be anyone’s understudy. He needs to be sold or Skriniar to bring money. If Godin is going to start

Sassuolu
13 Feb 19, 06:44
We should have signed Zapata.

Ziyad
13 Feb 19, 16:03
Why sell part of a winning formula. Hell I wouldn’t even do anything to disrupt it. It’s as if Inter problems are in defense. If you want a winning team you keep ur jewels and take out the trash. This money thing shouldn’t be a factor these days.

CafeCordoba
13 Feb 19, 18:06
Why sell part of a winning formula. Hell I wouldn’t even do anything to disrupt it. It’s as if Inter problems are in defense. If you want a winning team you keep ur jewels and take out the trash. This money thing shouldn’t be a factor these days.

Unfortunately it still is until 1st of July, given that we will fix it by that date. Which means making money so probably someone needs to be sold.

Dylan
13 Feb 19, 18:32
Completely out of left field but can you imagine the sheer plusvalenza we could get from Icardi, Perisic + De Vrij sales if Godin is a cheap replacement and we properly invest that money over the entire squad.

De Vrij is great and I have no problem keeping him but if Barca are signing the Murillos of this world then we should be able to get 45 million easily these days.

Pipedream over.

Lui
13 Feb 19, 22:30
Agreed. I'd do it for the 100% profit, although deVrij has been great. Godin isn't like Vidic cuz Godin is still good.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Guz
17 Feb 19, 20:41
He often plays Robin to Skriniar's Batman, but today he was simply outstanding.

Touches 73
Passes 59
Successful passes 92%
Aerials won 2 (100%)
Tackles won 1 (100%)
Interceptions 2
Recoveries 3
Clearances 6
Key passes 2

We're so lucky to have them

https://images2.gazzettaobjects.it/methode_image/2019/01/05/Calcio/Foto%20Calcio%20-%20Trattate/1075210274-0066-kHrD-U320134551507MLC-620x349@Gazzetta-Web_articolo.jpg?v=201901061443

https://twitter.com/i/status/1097192820740378624

.h.
17 Feb 19, 20:55
i have a strong feeling murillo is a loan that definitely wont be taken up, he's played 1 la liga game ALL Season and only played for Barca in the coppas so far

CoolMan44
18 Feb 19, 04:01
He had a really good game I thought. He sometimes has issues not marking his man properly, but I thought he was especially good today. He's great at moving up with the ball and had a great pass to Perisic for a counter attack. I love the fact that we have him and Skriniar together.

If we had a decent set piece taker, this guy would have had more than one goal this season..

forzainter257
18 Feb 19, 06:30
Maybe I am less concerned about defense but I never saw any visible fuck up from him.

Ed.
18 Feb 19, 06:38
His girlfriend attends almost all inter games, home and away. Never makes a drama out of it though.

GenDire
18 Feb 19, 12:07
i have a strong feeling murillo is a loan that definitely wont be taken up, he's played 1 la liga game ALL Season and only played for Barca in the coppas so far

Why, you think we should buy him back?

brehme1989
20 Feb 19, 16:04
Why, you think we should buy him back?

No, he thinks Barcelona will make a bid for de Vrij as a result of that.

Maicon
09 Mar 19, 01:56
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2gtVp2qMO0

Zlatan4life
14 Mar 19, 21:23
What a horrible mistake by De Vrij

https://streamable.com/hv5dg

brehme1989
14 Mar 19, 21:46
Such a shame, he's had a good half apart from that brainfart. Too costly to ignore.

Harpsabu
14 Mar 19, 21:53
Awful mistake but he's had a stellar season so far and has responded well. Unfortunate mistake but lets move on

K.I.
14 Mar 19, 22:01
He def looks like a solid defender but then you look at replays and over time u see he makes a lot of defensive mistakes, gets wrong footed a lot, passes go through him and behind him easily. Maybe if he improves his positioning and timing he will be better.

:palm:

Demenza Senile
14 Mar 19, 22:08
Awful mistake but he's had a stellar season so far and has responded well. Unfortunate mistake but lets move on

Its not been "stellar" by any stretch of imagination.Its been decent so far.

Didnt he make a similar mistake against Chievo too?Not dealing too well with longballs sometimes.But yess wouldnt be too harsh with him.Generally solid with mistakes every now and then.

Harpsabu
14 Mar 19, 22:57
Its not been "stellar" by any stretch of imagination.Its been decent so far.

Didnt he make a similar mistake against Chievo too?Not dealing too well with longballs sometimes.But yess wouldnt be too harsh with him.Generally solid with mistakes every now and then.

True he had a similar one vs chievo. But he is the least of our problems right now. All players make mistakes, just unfortunate. Its every player in front of him and skriniar, and to the sides as well in fairness we need to worry about