PDA

View Full Version : Quarter Final: Sweden - England

Coasterfreek
03 Jul 18, 21:57
http://astrokentico-dev.s3.amazonaws.com/stadiumastro/media/wc2018/mainframe/worldcup_2018_logo.png

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/AeYAAOxyyghQ7Kg4/s-l300.gif_https://render.fineartamerica.com/images/rendered/search/print/images/artworkimages/medium/1/flag-of-england-english-school.jpg

Cosmos Arena, Samara
7/7/18
18:00 local time, 15:00 CEST

Sweden's last 4 results
Sweden - South Korea 1 - 0
Germany - Sweden 2 - 1
Mexico - Sweden 0 - 3
Sweden - Switzerland 1- 0

England's last 4 results
Tunisia - England 1 - 2
England - Panama 6 - 1
England - Belgium 0 - 1
Colombia - England 1 - 1 (3-4 pen.)

ADRossi
03 Jul 18, 21:58
Sweden 2-0

crzdcolombian
03 Jul 18, 21:58
Is the US ref going to be there for this game?

Damn I fee like we played Juve

Sweden destroy those cunts!

ADRossi
03 Jul 18, 22:01
Is the US ref going to be there for this game?

Damn I fee like we played Juve

Sweden destroy those cunts!

You're lucky you didn't have to play with nine men.

J..
03 Jul 18, 22:03
Sweden... Sweden... well I have to root for England. I can't stand Guidetti.

Howl
03 Jul 18, 22:15
https://image.ibb.co/fQMrPy/IMG_20180701_WA0004.jpg

Mad Biscione
03 Jul 18, 22:17
Im begging you Sweden :yuno:

Wallace
03 Jul 18, 22:17
Forza Zlatan!!!!

Fapuccino
03 Jul 18, 22:18
I'm having 2012 Chelsea flashbacks with this England team.

Ed.
04 Jul 18, 03:01
Sweden has got 3 clean sheets in 4 games, while England has conceded a goal in every games.

Hasan
04 Jul 18, 05:28
I would love to see England got smacked from Croatia in semis.

Ed.
04 Jul 18, 05:33
I would love to see England got smacked from Croatia in semis.

That is awesome too. Then they get beaten by Brazil or Uruguay for third place.

SiamoNoi
04 Jul 18, 11:21
Colombia is overall better than Sweden in my opinion.England not have luxury to lose this.Lets see...

ScottishInterista
04 Jul 18, 13:19
Just took my columbia top back to the shop and bought a sweden top. Lots of people doing that today

Glass box
04 Jul 18, 15:19
Forza Sweden.

firmino
05 Jul 18, 21:06
may the best win. hopefully, not sweden.

eduzee
05 Jul 18, 23:27
i'm with England at this one

Sent from my m2 using Tapatalk

Coasterfreek
06 Jul 18, 10:23
Oh good, the rooting interest for this game isn't one-sided... was wondering if anyone siding with England would be here

firmino
06 Jul 18, 11:44
https://image.ibb.co/fQMrPy/IMG_20180701_WA0004.jpg

well, it took more than 50 years to buy those damn cigarettes

Candreva Crosses
06 Jul 18, 21:37
England the Roma of nations. Will suck dick and the vikings will give them 11 ones.

Ed.
07 Jul 18, 01:26
That is awesome too. Then they get beaten by Brazil or Uruguay for third place.

What a jinx. :palm:

Universe
07 Jul 18, 09:50
England will not have a better chance to win the world cup in my life time. On paper, their route to the final is probably the easiest that any team has ever been given.

monster09
07 Jul 18, 09:51
England will not have a better chance to win the world cup in my life time. On paper, their route to the final is probably the easiest that any team has ever been given.

Maybe only Germany 2002 had easier route.

Ed.
07 Jul 18, 09:57

England this year have a better schedule though in the group stage. Playing Belgium as third match worked well for them.

Matt90
07 Jul 18, 09:58
Come on Sweden , Scotland is behind you.

Harpsabu
07 Jul 18, 10:34
Come on Sweden , Scotland is behind you.

And Ireland

brehme1989
07 Jul 18, 10:43
England this year have a better schedule though in the group stage. Playing Belgium as third match worked well for them.

Germany won their group that time. And they had an easy schedule on paper, as their opponents had defeated greater opposition than them.

Paraguay was pretty good back then with Chilavert, Santa Cruz and Arce amongst others.
Mexico managed to lose to the USA who had a weird tournament, scoring early in most games. Probably the strongest US team ever.
Then they faced Korea in the semis when it should have been Spain or Italy. We all know what happened. And beating Korea in that tournament was not an easy feat. They had a good team and too much ref help.

On the other hand, England finished second and they're facing the favourites of each tie each time or at least teams of equivalent strength. It's not like 2 minnows have eliminated stronger sides (USA vs Mexico, Korea vs Italy/Spain).

ElDiego22
07 Jul 18, 11:53
Everybody bashed Colombia but England were just as pathetic. Kane, Lingard, Sterling are worse divers. Let's hope the game has a stronger refeere.

brehme1989
07 Jul 18, 12:04
Everybody bashed Colombia but England were just as pathetic. Kane, Lingard, Sterling are worse divers. Let's hope the game has a stronger refeere.

You forget Maguire who had the best dive of the tournament in the area.

SiamoNoi
07 Jul 18, 12:29
Already excuses for possible England win?Thats pathetic.

Nothing
07 Jul 18, 13:48
IKEA going to win this match :fuckyea:

Native
07 Jul 18, 14:03
Less than one hour until EURO 2018 continues.

Rooting for Sweden.

Howl
07 Jul 18, 14:47
I got a bad feeling about this.

If Sweden get the lead, I wont be surprised if they defend out the 1-0. They are so organised and well drilled.

indro1908
07 Jul 18, 14:56
will be boring match, england will be struggle to break down this sweden side
lingard and delle ali will struggle to find space behind sweden defence since sweden they will defend deep
set piece will make difference in this game

brehme1989
07 Jul 18, 14:59
Already excuses for possible England win?Thats pathetic.
England will win 3-0 anyway. And there aren't any excuses, no clue who you're replying to.

Mad Biscione
07 Jul 18, 15:05
Priaise the Norse gods, Go SWEDEN!

ElDiego22
07 Jul 18, 15:30
1-0 England

monster09
07 Jul 18, 15:30
Set pieces, that's their strength.

Howl
07 Jul 18, 15:31
Fuck Yeaaaa

brehme1989
07 Jul 18, 15:32
Funny how Sweden got robbed of a chance with a false offside call just before that goal. Well, annoyingly funny. In a bad way.

ADRossi
07 Jul 18, 15:38

Italy in 06 had a hilariously easy route, perhaps vindicated by beating Germany in the semis.

A group of Ghana/Czech/USA was not hard, and their first two knock out games were Australia (who they barely beat) and Ukraine.

brehme1989
07 Jul 18, 15:40
Groups are rarely hard for the top teams though. You get like 1 tough group per tournament.

Howl
07 Jul 18, 15:45
Keep saying it.

Sterling sucks.

Ed.
07 Jul 18, 15:48
Da fuq was that? The offside call was called very late. Did they wait to see if England scores = goal, if not = offside?

Shark
07 Jul 18, 15:48
Sterling choked real hard. Twice.

Also, how come no one here mentioned the obvious false offside call on Sweden?

monster09
07 Jul 18, 15:52
Disappointing from Sweden, excepted lot more than this. They barely created anything.

CoolMan44
07 Jul 18, 15:52
Da fuq was that? The offside call was called very late. Did they wait to see if England scores = goal, if not = offside?

I've seen that a lot this world cup. I think some linesman are afraid to make the wrong call so they do nothing trusting VAR to correct it.

M.Adnan
07 Jul 18, 15:53
Sterling is rubbish.

Ziyad
07 Jul 18, 15:53
Sterling choked real hard. Twice.

Also, how come no one here mentioned the obvious false offside call on Sweden?

it was mentioned. Plus that first sterling chance was an offside that was called by the ref not the linesman which is weird as it was miles offside.

Ed.
07 Jul 18, 15:57
I've seen that a lot this world cup. I think some linesman are afraid to make the wrong call so they do nothing trusting VAR to correct it.

That was miles offside though. Can't be any clearer. The linesman was on the line as well.

brehme1989
07 Jul 18, 15:58
Keep saying it.

Sterling sucks.

Candreva > Sterling.

People don't believe until they see.

Shark
07 Jul 18, 15:59
it was mentioned. Plus that first sterling chance was an offside that was called by the ref not the linesman which is weird as it was miles offside.

Shit, my bad I missed the post.

The whistle only came after Sterling fucked up though. So that was a legit attemt by him.

Fapuccino
07 Jul 18, 16:12
Sweden has a hand in taking out Italy, Germany, Holland, Switzerland, then finally starts to play like a mid-table team against England.

This is how Greece won in 2004.

brehme1989
07 Jul 18, 16:14
Sweden has a hand in taking out Italy, Germany, Holland, Switzerland, then finally starts to play like a mid-table team against England.

This is how Greece won in 2004.

Greece in 2004 was actually very good compared to the shit we've been watching in the last 4 years.

Devious
07 Jul 18, 16:14
Forza Howl!

Maicon
07 Jul 18, 16:15
Alli header, Sweden really poor

Fapuccino
07 Jul 18, 16:15
Greece in 2004 was actually very good compared to the shit we've been watching in the last 4 years.

I'm not questioning how good Greece was, but you can't deny teams like Italy/Germany being knocked out early, was a deciding factor in them winning.

monster09
07 Jul 18, 16:16
Game over.

Fapuccino
07 Jul 18, 16:17
Great now all we need is Croatia to lose against Russia, then Russia to finally start playing like Sweden in the semis after eliminating Spain and Croatia.

Howl
07 Jul 18, 16:18
They better not fuck this up.

monster09
Pickford had a great world cup.

ElDiego22
Sweden is shit. Them in the QFs instead of Germany is a mystery.

brehme1989
07 Jul 18, 16:19
I'm not questioning how good Greece was, but you can't deny teams like Italy/Germany being knocked out early, was a deciding factor in them winning.

Yes, Greece was lucky that some major teams were out or in the other side. But the Czechs were very strong that year (semi finalists) and Greece, well, in the 90-105th minutes, deserved the win :D In the proper 90 minutes one could argue that Greece got lucky.
And Greece took out France and didn't lose to Spain in the group (who were eliminated by a last game Portugal loss).
Beating that Portugal twice was not a simple feat either.

The Dutch were also very strong then, lost in the semis iirc, but also lost to the Czechs in the group.
But both Italy and Germany were poor in that tournament. Germany couldn't even beat Latvia.

Howl
07 Jul 18, 16:19
Grande Pickford

brehme1989
07 Jul 18, 16:20
Sweden is shit. Them in the QFs instead of Germany is a mystery.

Any of these two in the World Cup semis is a mockery of the sport. Think that Uruguay and Brazil went home yesterday.

Devious
07 Jul 18, 16:22
The English now: Pickford is the best human GK in the world

Fapuccino
07 Jul 18, 16:27
Harry Maguire has more goals in the knockout stages of this World Cup than Messi and Ronaldo combined in all their career.

Even amidst all the glitz and the glamour, it's clear who the true legends are <3.

Ed.
07 Jul 18, 16:29
The quarter finals have been game of the goalkeepers.

Fapuccino
07 Jul 18, 16:32
A Swedish guy named Berg? No wonder England got everything.

Ed.
07 Jul 18, 16:36
How were those not yellow cards?

Sterling and Young should have been booked.

Mino
07 Jul 18, 16:46
wew lads, a France-England or a Belgium-England final would be epic.

especially the latter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPxrGDIbrUU

https://media1.tenor.com/images/54451401d52c0dd2fe9ee5752857d53c/tenor.gif?itemid=3579864

Ed.
07 Jul 18, 16:48
And their meeting in Russia. Lol.

Devious
07 Jul 18, 16:52
It's coming home baby

Il Drago
07 Jul 18, 16:52
First world cup semifinal for England since 1990.

YoramG
07 Jul 18, 16:56
To be fair, it is coming home.

Irequis
07 Jul 18, 16:57
Sweden's strategy in this world cup is by dragging their opponent's level down to their level and then beat them with experience.
Unfortunately, England have more experience in being mediocre than Sweden.

ScottishInterista
07 Jul 18, 16:58
Fuck this.

ElDuccio
07 Jul 18, 16:59
England back in the semifinals after Italia 90

for those people who was cheering for Sweden:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/trollpasta/images/5/53/Fuck_off.gif/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/600?cb=20150630053642

SiamoNoi
England will win 3-0 anyway. And there aren't any excuses, no clue who you're replying to.
Weak opponents is not excuses?

You dont know for a new "rule"?

They are not afraid.It's a instructions they have got.

Fapuccino
Sweden's strategy in this world cup is by dragging their opponent's level down to their level and then beat them with experience.
Unfortunately, England have more experience in being mediocre than Sweden.

:awwyeah:

Ed.
07 Jul 18, 17:04
You dont know for a new "rule"?

What new rule? Letting England a lenient way?

I hope your country beats Russia and England though. Must be fun for you.

SiamoNoi
07 Jul 18, 17:08
What new rule? Letting England a lenient way?

I hope your country beats Russia and England though. Must be fun for you.
Good one.Hate with no reason will eat you.

This one:

Pierluigi Collina, the chairman of Fifa’s referees committee, said the problems with lengthy delays during trials had been ironed out. The Italian also said assistant referees had been advised to keep their flag down for tight offside calls and to leave it to VAR to decide.

“If you see some assistant referee not raising the flag, it’s not because he’s making mistakes,” Collina said. “It’s because he’s respected the instruction to keep the flag down. They were told to keep the flag down when there is a tight offside incident and there could be a very promising attack or a goal-scoring opportunity because, if the assistant referee raises the flag, then everything is finished.”
How can anybody watch WC and don't know for this?I dont get it.

Yeah,it not tight in that situation (and few more on the tournament but this is a point...)

Ed.
07 Jul 18, 17:25
Good one.Hate with no reason will eat you.

This one:

How can anybody watch WC and don't know for this?I dont get it.

Yeah,it not tight in that situation (and few more on the tournament but this is a point...)

The quote said if it is a tight offside.

It was not a tight offside.

So, I don't see the point of arguing because the rule is nullified in this case. The call was right at the wrong time which could risk Sweden another goal if England had scored. Yes, there is VAR but in many occasions referees have refused to review VAR as well.

SiamoNoi
07 Jul 18, 17:39
Yeah,tight or not it was offside.

I know it was not tight here but we already see in other games that they are waiting for call.Especially after that one mistake from the beginning of WC when referee bring flag up with no reason (no offside).

You are really into this referees cheer for England things.If Sterling scores VAR would have disallowed goal.I don't see any problems here.

magnesium
07 Jul 18, 17:44
I don't know how, but England seems gain lucky path to WorldCup Final.

:oblivious:

Ranocchia is one of factor England there..

If Ranocchia doesn't come to Hull, Maguire can't be England starting CB , and England defense not good like now.

Earth
07 Jul 18, 17:58
it's happening guys :oblivious:

wera
07 Jul 18, 18:12
2 shots on goal, 2 goals. So prolific.

Mad Biscione
07 Jul 18, 18:28
https://i.imgur.com/h490TH9.gif

Ed.
07 Jul 18, 19:46
Yeah,tight or not it was offside.

I know it was not tight here but we already see in other games that they are waiting for call.Especially after that one mistake from the beginning of WC when referee bring flag up with no reason (no offside).

You are really into this referees cheer for England things.If Sterling scores VAR would have disallowed goal.I don't see any problems here.

Lol. You quoted my post when the incident happened in the real time and you tell me I am bragging about the ref. :palm:

Ronin
07 Jul 18, 19:49
Idk why but England are really unlikable, especially with this 'coming home' shit. They remind me of Liverpool.

Zoro
07 Jul 18, 20:16
I just want them to lose so fucking bad :(

wicked wizard
07 Jul 18, 20:46
Idk why but England are really unlikable, especially with this 'coming home' shit. They remind me of Liverpool.Well...We did invent the sport.

brehme1989
07 Jul 18, 21:01
Well...We did invent the sport.

Are you Chinese by any chance?
All the British did was write a rule book. We're thankful for that rule book.
They didn't invent kicking a round object, they didn't invent round objects.
They actually did invent a non-round object, completely distorted an ancient Greco-Roman sport with the same playing style and ended up calling it rugby FOOTBALL... So you can have that, and your silly soccer-football debate with the rest of the Anglosphere :lol:

Coasterfreek
07 Jul 18, 21:24
Sweden 2-0

At least the 2-0 part was right.

wicked wizard
07 Jul 18, 22:22
Are you Chinese by any chance?
All the British did was write a rule book. We're thankful for that rule book.
They didn't invent kicking a round object, they didn't invent round objects.
They actually did invent a non-round object, completely distorted an ancient Greco-Roman sport with the same playing style and ended up calling it rugby FOOTBALL... So you can have that, and your silly soccer-football debate with the rest of the Anglosphere :lol:Oh am sure they were cave men kicking other people's heads around too. Fact is, we invented football to what it is today.

brehme1989
07 Jul 18, 22:26
No, you didn't invent shit. Choose your words carefully. You developed it, yes. You confined an abstract version into a modern rulebook. But no, you didn't invent the sport. Variations of it were around before the English themselves were...invented.

ADRossi
07 Jul 18, 22:58
Ah yes, arguing over semantics on a football forum on a Saturday night in the summer. Fun stuff, lads.

wicked wizard
07 Jul 18, 23:14
No, you didn't invent shit. Choose your words carefully. You developed it, yes. You confined an abstract version into a modern rulebook. But no, you didn't invent the sport. Variations of it were around before the English themselves were...invented.We invented football like we did most things. That's why we are all speaking English on this forum. It's coming home and there's nothing you can do about it.

Harpsabu
07 Jul 18, 23:44
We invented football like we did most things. That's why we are all speaking English on this forum. It's coming home and there's nothing you can do about it.

Theres that English arrogance and ignorance we all know and hate

Mad Biscione
07 Jul 18, 23:50
We invented football like we did most things. That's why we are all speaking English on this forum. It's coming home and there's nothing you can do about it.

if someome asked me why im cheering against the English, I couldnt come up with a better answer myself

wicked wizard
08 Jul 18, 00:05
Theres that English arrogance and ignorance we all know and hateIt's not arrogance if it's true.

Harpsabu
08 Jul 18, 00:33
It's not arrogance if it's true.

Not even worth arguing with. Brexit voter for sure. Learn your countries shameful history and come back to me.

Ed.
08 Jul 18, 00:35

Lol. Most things are made in China.

wicked wizard
08 Jul 18, 00:56
Not even worth arguing with. Brexit voter for sure. Learn your countries shameful history and come back to me.
*"Brexit voter for sure. Learn your countries shameful history" you dam right I am a Brexit voter should I ashamed of that? Like every other country has a squeaky clean history apart from England. We have done more good for the world than bad than all you mother fuckers. And we should feel guilty? Fuck that.

ADRossi
08 Jul 18, 01:20
Cut it out guys.

Bluenine
08 Jul 18, 02:37
Every country has parts of history they should not be proud of... its time to move past all that. As for people in the UK who voted for Brexit, there is nothing to be ashamed of, it was their democratic choice to vote the way they want. Of course it was a really stupid and self harming thing to do, but thats their fucking choice.

Stupidity should be empathised, not shamed. :work:

P.S.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmcYoxizJZQ&frags=pl%2Cwn

Native
08 Jul 18, 04:23
Damn sons, it doesn't help to look at England with so much pre-baked hate.

They aren't retarded, they know like any other that this will only be their fourth semi final ever and the first one in 28 friggin' years. When they say it's coming home that's more of a way to celebrate and emit proudness of their team. Just like anyone does really. If you think that's arrogance then any team/fanbase is arrogant. The Belgians have been convinced they will win the title since they defeated Panama, and much like England we've had our songs about becoming champions as well when we had our bronze/silver generations.

The thing is that this is rightfully deserved when your team actually performs well - which is now the case with England. Nice win, nice goals, good to see one coming from open play. Not easy against this Sweden, which had tactically felled multiple great teams already. Let England rightfully enjoy their well deserved semi final place and quit crying...

Sweden can also be proud of this achievement tbh. Our spot (and Italy's...) went to Sweden on goal difference and it's satisfying to see they've put it to good use. Among the best eight teams in the world is a result to celebrate and be proud of. I'd have taken it in an instant.

Zoro
08 Jul 18, 08:17

They aren't retarded, they know like any other that this will only be their fourth semi final ever and the first one in 28 friggin' years. When they say it's coming home that's more of a way to celebrate and emit proudness of their team. Just like anyone does really. If you think that's arrogance then any team/fanbase is arrogant. The Belgians have been convinced they will win the title since they defeated Panama, and much like England we've had our songs about becoming champions as well when we had our bronze/silver generations.

The thing is that this is rightfully deserved when your team actually performs well - which is now the case with England. Nice win, nice goals, good to see one coming from open play. Not easy against this Sweden, which had tactically felled multiple great teams already. Let England rightfully enjoy their well deserved semi final place and quit crying...

Sweden can also be proud of this achievement tbh. Our spot (and Italy's...) went to Sweden on goal difference and it's satisfying to see they've put it to good use. Among the best eight teams in the world is a result to celebrate and be proud of. I'd have taken it in an instant.

Bro I been hearing "it's coming home" since they beat Tunisia. The semi final being reached is not it. It's so annoying.

Ed.
08 Jul 18, 08:40

Have you seen the BBC released video about England winning the World Cup? They released it yesterday. Lol

brehme1989
08 Jul 18, 09:08
Bro I been hearing "it's coming home" since they beat Tunisia. The semi final being reached is not it. It's so annoying.

I've been hearing it since the plane engines cooled off at Heathrow on the 25th of June 2014.

Coasterfreek
08 Jul 18, 10:20
Too much politics... isn't that supposed to be a rule not to discuss it? I can go on a separate forum for that kind of talk. Yes I have my opinions too, but PM me if you really want those thoughts.

YoramG
08 Jul 18, 10:29
Apart from obvious exceptions (wicked wizard), the whole 'It's coming home' mentality is mostly self-aware banter. Most of my mates who sing it at the top of their lungs after each game usually follow it up with something like 'yeah but Croatia will do us in'. I'm having a great time going to watch England games in this kind of atmosphere as everyone has a good time and it's just a good laugh. Plus it goes some way to fill the hole left by Italy failing to reach the finals since it gives me a reason to give a shit; the longer England are in it, the longer the party continues :D

Plus you know, it's coming home.

Bluenine
08 Jul 18, 12:26

I have been hearing it since 1996

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJqimlFcJsM&frags=pl%2Cwn

For England, this song has almost become a football anthem, like Solo Inter or Pazza Inter Amala are for us. For most people in England, this does not represent arrogance but hope.

ElDuccio
08 Jul 18, 12:40
i like that song tbh. one of the best football songs ever

Howl
08 Jul 18, 12:53
Apart from obvious exceptions (wicked wizard), the whole 'It's coming home' mentality is mostly self-aware banter. Most of my mates who sing it at the top of their lungs after each game usually follow it up with something like 'yeah but Croatia will do us in'. I'm having a great time going to watch England games in this kind of atmosphere as everyone has a good time and it's just a good laugh. Plus it goes some way to fill the hole left by Italy failing to reach the finals since it gives me a reason to give a shit; the longer England are in it, the longer the party continues :D

Plus you know, it's coming home.

Its pretty much been said as a laugh here for this WC, and started before the tournament. I keep saying it, but people here should know i'm not serious or arragont at all, just trolling :lol:

RichDAS
08 Jul 18, 12:56
I'm half English, and where I 100% support Italy in the World Cup, England is all I have in this tournament. That being said, the remarks I could just imagine of "We have the best league in the world AND national team." will be too much for me to handle.

wicked wizard
08 Jul 18, 19:06

Plus you know, it's coming home.Well am not exactly been serious. Am far far from one of those who think England are the best team in world the or anywhere near, I never have done.

Dylan
08 Jul 18, 19:11
Well am not exactly been serious. Am far far from one of those who think England are the best team in world the or anywhere near, I never have done.

What's your thoughts on Sterling this tournament? I've heard different opinions on him from England fans.

wicked wizard
08 Jul 18, 19:32
What's your thoughts on Sterling this tournament? I've heard different opinions on him from England fans.I think he looks like one of our most dangerous players when he's on the ball, but has messed up on some really important moments. I think his pace is a really important weapon as well.

Dylan
08 Jul 18, 19:40
Do you think Rashford could do the same without fucking up chances?

wicked wizard
08 Jul 18, 19:53
Do you think Rashford could do the same without fucking up chances?I don't think so. I think sterling at moment is the better player, even though I think Rashford will become better. Although there is that chance that Rashford as a 20 year old with the pressure not on him and everything to gain and nothing to lose could be the better option. I wouldn't really know what to do tbh.

Fapuccino
08 Jul 18, 20:20

It's not even that. It just seems kinda lame that England strolls to the final without much of a challenge just because of the bracket they're in. They haven't taken out any giants yet. The closest they came to beating a top team, was Colombia on penalties who didn't even have their star player. Now with Croatia, it seems like their starting #9 and GK might both be out.

With Belgium, they got kinda lucky last game, but at least they knocked out Brazil who were the tournament favourites. And if they get to the final they would have knocked out the #2-#3 favourite as well, while England is just knocking out injury-ridden higher up teams.

Native
09 Jul 18, 09:52
It's not even that. It just seems kinda lame that England strolls to the final without much of a challenge just because of the bracket they're in. They haven't taken out any giants yet. The closest they came to beating a top team, was Colombia on penalties who didn't even have their star player. Now with Croatia, it seems like their starting #9 and GK might both be out.

With Belgium, they got kinda lucky last game, but at least they knocked out Brazil who were the tournament favourites. And if they get to the final they would have knocked out the #2-#3 favourite as well, while England is just knocking out injury-ridden higher up teams.
You're right. But imo it's quite cruel to deny them their happiness because of this. After all the other 'good' teams are all out because they were just even worse this year and most of them went out against weaker teams than the ones England has faced thus far.

None of the remaining countries have been that impressive. France hasn't gone full throttle in a single game, though the one against Argentina was pretty cool. Croatia have needed penalties twice now. England once, but they did beat a tough Swedish team that won its group with both Germany and Mexico in it and defeated the #6 team in the world in the Round of 16. Belgium had three friendlies in the group, then went through the eye of the needle against the #61 in the world and were so lucky against Brazil that I might start believing in higher powers saving their asses.

None have been truly convincing imo, not one much more so than another. Yet England get all this hate, also for singing "it's coming home", which to them is just like a WC anthem, they don't sing it because they're absolutely convinced it's actually gonna happen. But because it's fun and it fraternizes the people. Most countries have songs like that for the same purpose... But somehow only England get bashed for it.
Because I don't really understand why, it looks a bit out of place, cruel and childish. I'm all for Croatia by the way but I won't mind if England go through. :P

Devious
09 Jul 18, 10:38
Theres that English arrogance and ignorance we all know and hate

There is a reason they called it the Cockney accent.

Adriano@10
09 Jul 18, 15:06
Almost got in a fight with an english man in a public viewing! Motherfucker got pissed after i told him too fuck off when he came 30 minutes in the game and stood right in front off me blocking my view.
Anyways since he was like 30 years older than me only a couple of mother fucker and fucking english cunt got exchanged before he left!
Made me hate those fucking english fans even more then I already did. Especially since he came back when england won with a grin on his face and a what up?
Told him to get fucked once more and that it will never fucking come home!

Harpsabu
09 Jul 18, 21:09
You're right. But imo it's quite cruel to deny them their happiness because of this. After all the other 'good' teams are all out because they were just even worse this year and most of them went out against weaker teams than the ones England has faced thus far.

None of the remaining countries have been that impressive. France hasn't gone full throttle in a single game, though the one against Argentina was pretty cool. Croatia have needed penalties twice now. England once, but they did beat a tough Swedish team that won its group with both Germany and Mexico in it and defeated the #6 team in the world in the Round of 16. Belgium had three friendlies in the group, then went through the eye of the needle against the #61 in the world and were so lucky against Brazil that I might start believing in higher powers saving their asses.

None have been truly convincing imo, not one much more so than another. Yet England get all this hate, also for singing "it's coming home", which to them is just like a WC anthem, they don't sing it because they're absolutely convinced it's actually gonna happen. But because it's fun and it fraternizes the people. Most countries have songs like that for the same purpose... But somehow only England get bashed for it.
Because I don't really understand why, it looks a bit out of place, cruel and childish. I'm all for Croatia by the way but I won't mind if England go through. :P

Did you not see the video of their fans going into ikea and wrecking the place after beating sweden? Or the video of their fans jumping on a car and putting the roof through the car? The whole 'it's coming home' is funny, unfortunately for their good fans they have too many idiots that let them all down

Native
10 Jul 18, 09:16
Yeah Harpsabu but the thing is you find people like that, or the one Adriano is talking about, just as much in ANY OTHER country/club fanbase. You truly do. But with England they're put under a magnifier because it's England. :rolleyes:

brehme1989
10 Jul 18, 17:13
Yeah Harpsabu but the thing is you find people like that, or the one Adriano is talking about, just as much in ANY OTHER country/club fanbase. You truly do. But with England they're put under a magnifier because it's England. :rolleyes:

They're also more in terms of a percentage, so easier to spot.

Wings
10 Jul 18, 19:02
They're also more in terms of a percentage, so easier to spot.

or possibly confirmation bias...