PDA

View Full Version : Semi Final: France - Belgium

Coasterfreek
06 Jul 18, 21:02
http://astrokentico-dev.s3.amazonaws.com/stadiumastro/media/wc2018/mainframe/worldcup_2018_logo.png

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a3/Equipe_de_France_de_football_Logo.png/300px-Equipe_de_France_de_football_Logo.png_https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f5/Belgium_urbsfa.png/250px-Belgium_urbsfa.png

Krestovsky Stadium, Saint Petersburg
10/7/18
21:00 local time, 19:00 CEST

France's last 5 results
France - Australia 2 - 1
France - Peru 1 - 0
Denmark - France 0 - 0
France - Argentina 4 - 3
Uruguay - France 0 - 2

Belgium's last 5 results
Belgium - Panama 3 - 0
Belgium - Tunisia 5 - 2
England - Belgium 0 - 1
Belgium - Japan 3 - 2
Brazil - Belgium 1 - 2

Dylan
06 Jul 18, 21:15
Will this be the game where Pogba decides to start playing? They'll need him.

ADRossi
07 Jul 18, 09:29
:slick:

monster09
07 Jul 18, 09:31
Will this be the game where Pogba decides to start playing? They'll need him.

Decides to start playing? He was involved in almost all the goals (except 1 or 2) France scored. Won more duels than anyone in Round of 16 and Quarter finals, He is easily one of France best player.

Only thing he is lacking is goals or assists column but that's not his role even though he played hand in almost all their goals

Ziyad
07 Jul 18, 09:47
I don't think France has shown everything it can do. They didn't go full throttle yet which is scary. I think their coach is approaching this like Jackie in 98 to a degree. I'm giving deshamps the benefit of the doubt cause if he isnt doing that he is limiting this amazing squad and is actually an idiot.

Ed.
07 Jul 18, 09:50
Since 1990, whoever defeated Brazil went through to the Final. However, 3 out of 4 teams ended up as runner up. Only Germany successfully defeated Brazil and won the final 4 years ago.

Belgium to the final?

chipschups
07 Jul 18, 10:06
Since both team have good attacking force, This easily will bevome battle between Curtuois and Lloris. I was criticizing Lloris before Uruguay games but then he stepped up and made important saves while Muslera fucked up big time. Same goes for Curtois who probably had his best WC match last night, after dissasterclass againts Japan I never thought he will bounced back like last night.

KevinB
08 Jul 18, 00:11
Time to beat the baguettes.

Same formation, but this time sadly Carrasco on the left and Chadli on the right.

monster09
08 Jul 18, 05:06

Same formation, but this time sadly Carrasco on the left and Chadli on the right.

This is bit of dilemma for me. 2 of my favorite teams with 2 of my favorite players playing against each other. I just want the winner of this game to win the finals.

Will be rooting for Pogba but won't mind Belgium winning it.

Ed.
08 Jul 18, 07:18
Belgium will go through and lose the final like France and Netherlands.

ElDuccio
08 Jul 18, 10:49
the song at the stadium when belgium scores a goal

0:55

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3l7fgvrEKM

:slick:

Dylan
08 Jul 18, 12:43
That's just Will Grigg's on Fire from Euro 2016.

ElDuccio
08 Jul 18, 12:48
That's just Will Grigg's on Fire from Euro 2016.

yep but the original version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDZCjonhwW0

Bob Sacamano
08 Jul 18, 22:02
I hope Belgium, at it's more or less my second home country, but i think France is just too steady. Not brilliant, but steady.

Azul
08 Jul 18, 22:22

Portugal gave the recipe to win against France last Euro, you just need to get a big black dude up front, doesn´t matter if he´s good or not.
I believe you´ve got that covered so you´ll be fine.

Glass box
09 Jul 18, 08:29
Forza KevinB, forza Belgium.

J..
10 Jul 18, 15:51

I have had this weird question in my mind for some time and I feel like I have to ask it.

Do people speak French, Dutch or English as the common language in the Belgian national team?

A country without a single common language feels odd to me. Perhaps because I'm not used to that case. I remember I once saw a live performance by Stromae in the halftime of a Belgian NT match in which it seemed like just half of the Belgian supporters understood it or actually gave a shit about it. Language is an important aspect of culture. That's why I find it confusing to be able to have a country without such a common and united trait. I guess I have to live in Belgium, Switzerland etc. to fully understand it.

Good luck with today's match. I will support the Belgians.

brehme1989
10 Jul 18, 17:21
I remember the good ol' days of the internet with a bunch of "Belgium does not exist" pre-memes.

JJM
10 Jul 18, 17:31
Im good with either one winning tbh
My dad's side of the family originates from Paris i found out recently... Lol
My uncle and cousin live in Liege Belgium and, I love the beer from there hehehe

Sooo... Either one winning is good, for me

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

InterFCAustin
10 Jul 18, 18:17
Im good with either one winning tbh
My dad's side of the family originates from Paris i found out recently... Lol
My uncle and cousin live in Liege Belgium and, I love the beer from there hehehe

Sooo... Either one winning is good, for me

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
i thought you were Italian descent? :D

aymantawil
10 Jul 18, 18:21
Why fans of Bayern Munich and Inter Milan will be hoping for a France v Croatia World Cup final
https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/2018-world-cup/409459/england-inter-milan-bayern-munich-world-cup/

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

J..
10 Jul 18, 18:26
Why fans of Bayern Munich and Inter Milan will be hoping for a France v Croatia World Cup final
https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/2018-world-cup/409459/england-inter-milan-bayern-munich-world-cup/

Bot?

aymantawil
10 Jul 18, 18:29
Bot?Lol

J..
10 Jul 18, 18:30
Lol bot :)

aymantawil
10 Jul 18, 18:44
Lol bot :)

have you ever heard of copy paste :) or you think I have the power and energy to type on phone:work:. cunt:fffuuu:

JJM
10 Jul 18, 19:06
i thought you were Italian descent? :D

yeah also,I had nomadic ancestors...

Started in Paris,they moved to south Italy somplace and then my grandpa came to Slovenia where he meet my grandma during WWII...they stay here in this Slovenian hills lol

Rasha
10 Jul 18, 19:20
candreva looks like a world class crosser compared to chadli

firmino
10 Jul 18, 19:25
all in all, belgium looks the stronger side to me. france can put their hope on mbappe.

Howl
10 Jul 18, 19:34
Giroud sucks

Bluenine
10 Jul 18, 19:41
Dembele is bossing it in the midfield

ronnyle
10 Jul 18, 19:45
Dembele is bossing it in the midfield

Not sure if we are watching the same game there. Hes been poor.

Rasha
10 Jul 18, 19:48
i havent see dembele on the pitch :yao:

Mino
10 Jul 18, 19:49
Can't believe Benzema is watching on TV Giroud play.

ronnyle
10 Jul 18, 19:50
Slow, lethargic, poor predictable pass, Bad foul, if that defined as "bossing" then i dont want him anywhere near Inter.

Howl
10 Jul 18, 19:52
Kante showing how its done. What a player.

J..
10 Jul 18, 19:52
Belgium has been the best team so far.

Would like to see Fekir at some point.

Mino
10 Jul 18, 19:56
France is basically playing with 10 since day 1
Unbelievable how bad is Giroud.

J..
10 Jul 18, 20:08
Giroud isn't that bad. His main job is to be physical and thereby be able to win balls in the air and lay it down to either Mbappe or Griezmann. His finishes are not good enough but his workrate is really great. He reminds me a bit of Olic in that aspect.

- - - Updated - - -

Take a look at his position on the field when Belgium has the ball, as he runs back and acts more like a defending AM meanwhile both Mbappe and Griezmann are up in the front waiting for a counter play. Belgium would have had it much easier if Giroud didn't help with covering one of the three Belgian inner midfielders.

And Griezmann!!!

Howl
10 Jul 18, 20:09
Fack

Fapuccino
10 Jul 18, 20:11
Someone scoring with a header....being marked by Fellaini. The irony.

Devious
10 Jul 18, 20:14
Il rentre à la maison, les garçons!

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck Giroud tbh :yao:

Native
10 Jul 18, 20:15
Mbappe is fucking incredible...

Devious
10 Jul 18, 20:15
Is Henry sad or happy?

Howl
10 Jul 18, 20:18
Should have taken Chadli off.

Matt90
10 Jul 18, 20:19
Matuidi and Mbappe have been the best players on the pitch.

Native
10 Jul 18, 20:25
Edit double

Devious
10 Jul 18, 20:26
How is Giroud still on the field is beyond my comprehension as a football fan.

Native
10 Jul 18, 20:28
Giroud is so fucking shit wtf!!! What's this guy doing in the starting XI for a world cup semi final with France? :lol: :lol:

qb4ever_2k
10 Jul 18, 20:42
For Nainggolan's sake, Belgium needs to lose this, plus they've had stupid luck in this tournament.

Ed.
10 Jul 18, 20:43
Is Henry sad or happy?

i dont know. ask browha.

Matt90
10 Jul 18, 20:45
I can’t help but feel the French could do so much more in this tournament despite being set for the final. With their attacking talent they are just blunted by that big donkey Giroud.

yoszee
10 Jul 18, 20:50
Tbh, this is like a match between immigrants.

J..
10 Jul 18, 20:54
... and France is ready to lose another final.

Devious
10 Jul 18, 20:55
Historical. Congrats to the French. Hard luck Kevinb.

Glass box
10 Jul 18, 20:56
Disgraceful performance by France. I hope they lose the final 5-0.

J..
10 Jul 18, 20:57
Honestly this match turned out to be not far as great as I thought it would be with the number of great players in both teams. Imagine what France could do with a good coach.

Native
10 Jul 18, 21:00
I guess Belgium used up all their luck against Japan and Brazil. :lol:
But really, semi final is a great achievement and they can still get the bronze medal to finish things on a better note.

I do find Lukaku absolutely pathetic against the big teams. And it's a shame KDB was used wrong again.

France pretty disappointing tbh, wondering if they just aren't giving their all or if they just can't do any better. Hope they will be beaten by Croatia in the final.

qb4ever_2k
10 Jul 18, 21:04
... and France is ready to lose another final.

Preferably to Croatia

JJM
10 Jul 18, 21:26

ForzaNerazzurro
10 Jul 18, 21:36
Aww Emmers :(

ElDuccio
10 Jul 18, 21:47
EM-MERCY AAHAHA i love karamoh :awwyeah:

Alex de Large
11 Jul 18, 00:21
What a shitty game.
I did love: France-Argentina, Brazil-Belgium, Belgium-Japan, Uruguay-Portugal.
But today was really awful.

Besnik
11 Jul 18, 10:37
What a shitty game.
I did love: France-Argentina, Brazil-Belgium, Belgium-Japan, Uruguay-Portugal.
But today was really awful.

Indeed it wasn't an exciting game but since it was a semi final, of course both teams would play cautiously because those kind of games are decided by little details.

Ziyad
11 Jul 18, 10:38
France was extremely cautious in every game almost and didn't show their fire power considering the names they have.

brehme1989
11 Jul 18, 10:42
The game was great, no idea what you're talking about.

Excellent referee as well, we need more of that 'old school' stuff in Europe (that's still present in South America).

Alex de Large
11 Jul 18, 10:43
Pavard-Umtiti-Varane-Lucas. That line is really solid, plus the best Defensive midfielder on the world on Kanté... and a guy who is 90 minutes running non-stop like Mautidi.

- - - Updated - - -

The game was great, no idea what you're talking about.

Excellent referee as well, we need more of that 'old school' stuff in Europe (that's still present in South America).

It didn't have any emotion. After France goal we all knew what was gonna happen.

Argentina-France on the other hand, was the best game of the year.