PDA

View Full Version : Ionuț Andrei Radu

DARi0
20 Oct 18, 14:22
#97 Andrei Radu (https://www.transfermarkt.com/andrei-radu/profil/spieler/303657) https://www.futwiz.com/assets/img/fifa18/careerfaces/234102.png

Date of Birth (Age): May 28, 1997 (21) - we share the same birthday :D
Place of Birth: Romania, Bucharest
Nationality: Romania
Height: 1,88 m
Position: Goalkeeper
Agent: Oscar Damiani
Current international: Romania U21
Caps/Goals: 11/0

https://eusunt12.ro/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/andrei-radu.jpg

Already the most expensive romanian GK in history. I was stunned to discover he didn`t have a thread here on FIF!! Let`s keep an eye on this lad, as he might become our future GK.

One great plus is that he was raised by our academy, so he has the home grown status.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbzfslu1OmtpKVTys5M9_Ov2qe9V3Uh J3n-4p7xkPUpjd4h4IIWA

Since he is fellow romanian, I feel that I have to translate for you his story.

Andrei Ionut Radu has been remarked since he was 11 years. In 2008 Steaua transferred him from Viitorul Bucharest for 12.000 euros. After just 3 years, Gigi Becali abolished Steaua Academy after making the decision to leave Ghencea Stadium {owned by the Romanian Army}. For the first time unhappy with the training conditions, significantly damaged by the owner's decision, Radu announced the leadership that he can not train in bad conditions and managed to leave contract free from the yard of the most successful club in Romanian football.

" At Steaua they asked us to wait, but we could not do it any longer, nor did they have a junior coach. My boy had come to prepare himself on the bitumen surface of Voinţa. It could not continue like this because no future was expected for him. It's not his or my fault that he left Steaua for free." said the junior's father at the time.

http://img.youtube.com/vi/I7hUY7kK4lI/hqdefault.jpg

And so did Andrei Ionut Radu end up in the court of the Dinamo rivals after some intermediaries recommended the 14-year-old goalkeeper to Cristi Borcea {club owner at that time}. The former head of "dogs" on the "Stefan cel Mare" Road agreed to this transfer after his trusted people assured him that the kid was a young football player with great qualities and great future.

"I was impressed by the training conditions and the attention paid to promoting juniors. My boy is very ambitious and with a lot of work I hope to defend one day the gate of Dinamo's first team. We thank Borcea for his support and I hope that my son will not disappoint him" - the first statements of Andrei Ionut Radu's father when his son arrived at Dinamo.

The adventure of the young goalkeeper at Dinamo lasted only one year. In 2013, Constantin Anghelache {I never heard of this guy LOL}, president under the "fresh" reign of Ionut Negoita, announced the goalkeeper's father that his son has no chances to reach the first team and will never impose himself at Dinamo. Following this, the father has contacted many agents and he eventually found a trick for his son to leave the contract from Dinamo.

"If Anghelche was a vigilant ruler, then that goalkeeper who now debuted at Inter's first team never left Dinamo free of charge. But Andrei's father went to Anghelache and told him he had an offer from Pergolettese, a Serie C2 (league four) from Italy, and asked for the transfer papers, but without telling him that this club is Inter's satellite, where the son will eventually end up! Hearing that this is a league in the fourth league in Italy, Anghelache let go of Radu without any financial claim. Of course, if he knew it was Inter, he never let him go... " concluded a source from the goalkeeper's entourage.

" Inter will remain in my soul, and in the future nobody knows what will happen. At the age of 18, Mancini offered me the debut in Serie A with Inter, and I cannot forget such an evening: we were playing against Sassuolo when mister turned to me and told me to go warm up because I was going in. At first I did not even know if he was talking to me. " - Andrei Radu

https://s.digiromania.ro/gateway/g/ZmlsZVNvdXJjZT1odHRwJTNBJTJGJTJG/c3RvcmFnZTAxdHJhbnNjb2Rlci5yY3Mt/cmRzLnJvJTJGc3RvcmFnZSUyRjIwMTYl/MkYwNSUyRjE5JTJGNjAyOTMzXzYwMjkz/M19pb251dF9yYWR1LmpwZyZ3PTEwNjAm/aD02MzYmemM9MSZoYXNoPTkyZTM4NDJjYWFjOGQ5ZDVjMTJhMD Y4MTNmYzQ5OWQx.thumb.jpg

Last season, Ionuţ Radu played as a loan to Avellino in Serie B, where he was used 22 times and helped the team in southern Italy to avoid relegation.

https://s.digiromania.ro/gateway/g/ZmlsZVNvdXJjZT1odHRwJTNBJTJGJTJG/c3RvcmFnZTAxdHJhbnNjb2Rlci5yY3Mt/cmRzLnJvJTJGc3RvcmFnZSUyRjIwMTcl/MkYwMSUyRjIyJTJGNzMyMTAyXzczMjEw/Ml9hbmRyZWlfcmFkdV9pbnRlci5qcGcm/dz0xMDYwJmg9NjM2JnpjPTEmaGFzaD1m/N2U0NGQwNGY1YmQxNDM4ZTk5ZmZkNzhlNWY1MTczNw==.thumb .jpg

"Avellino was a great experience, I grew up from a human point of view in a difficult championship like Serie B," Radu explained, who also talked about his football models: "Handanovic is the example of a complete goalkeeper. He's strong in all respects and phenomenal for the attention he gives to every detail. I studied him during the trainings, and I also really like De Gea."

http://assets.sport.ro/assets/sport/2017/04/26/image_galleries/640669/ionut-radu.jpg

Genoa president Enrico Preziosi has shared his delight following Andrei Radu’s debut in the 2-0 win over Chievo Verona.
“He played an important game and I am happy because he is a goalkeeper who we made a €9 million investment and we believe in him very much,” Preziosi said post-match at the Stadio Luigi Ferraris.

https://mediacdn.libertatea.ro/unsafe/810x0/smart/filters:contrast(8):quality(80)/https://static4.libertatea.ro/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/dsc05655.jpg

Inter retained a buy-back clause, but I could not find anything about the amount stipulated in the agreement. Technically speaking, he is currently our player on LOAN at Genoa, but he will join Genoa on full ownership starting the summer of 2019 as there is an obligation to buy. This deal is related to Eddy Salcedo coming over on loan to us, with option to buy. I believe we will buy out Salcedo, it`s just masked as a LOAN deal not to generate impact on the financial year.

Feel free to hit that "Thanks" as it took me 1 hour of this sunny Saturday!

Batman
20 Oct 18, 16:23
We sold him for 9m? How did I miss that? Great that he’s been a starter for a Serie A team at the age of 21.

ScottishInterista
20 Oct 18, 20:33
Hope he turns into something. he's a player i only really knew existed cause he was the backup youth keeper on Fifa and FM

kameru
21 Oct 18, 04:56
Just some Ausilio's Masterclass :closeenough:

AbdiWirajaya
21 Oct 18, 23:52
May I know the original source of the article?

DARi0
24 Oct 18, 09:18
Yes, I`ve used some romanian articles following his transfer to INTER + Preziosi statement from the Italian media. Do you need the paper`s name or the link? What for? :D

Wallace
24 Oct 18, 09:39
How is he doing in Genoa then? They concede like the third highest number of goals, it’s impossible to understand anything from such stat.

AbdiWirajaya
24 Oct 18, 11:20
Yes, I`ve used some romanian articles following his transfer to INTER + Preziosi statement from the Italian media. Do you need the paper`s name or the link? What for? :D

I shared your post to my fellow Interistas here in a chat group. One of the member asking for the source :D

DARi0
24 Oct 18, 14:32
Tell him it costs 10 Euro and the source is reliable :D

AbdiWirajaya
25 Oct 18, 03:42
:lol: Okay

DanMahulet
19 Nov 18, 14:28
Someone knows how much is the buy back clause? i tried all the google to find something about the amount but nothing. I am really curios because i thing this guy will replace handanovic :)

forzainter257
19 Nov 18, 15:37
I don't really know how good his gk skills are, except for the match his side was beaten by us heavily, but he can score basket goals by bouncing the ball off the floor with his legs. I don't know how that trick is called :lol:

Demokritos
19 Nov 18, 17:21
Handa replacement talk is way too early....
His punch always causes heart attack...

DARi0
23 Nov 18, 11:04
Someone knows how much is the buy back clause? i tried all the google to find something about the amount but nothing. I am really curios because i thing this guy will replace handanovic :)

Sorry, I could not find anything regarding the figure stipulated in the contract. Given that Genoa sold italian Perin to juBentus for only €12m, I estimate it to be between €10-14m depending on which year we activate the buy-back clause. If we buy him back later, he will be more expensive of course. I found now that the buy-back clause is valid for 2 years, the only question is: starting 2018 or starting 2019, when Genoa will pay €8m for his definitive transfer? I hope starting 2019.

http://images2.gazzanet.gazzettaobjects.it/wp-content/uploads/sites/45/2018/09/radu-piatek-630x415.jpg?v=20180930191016

Gazzetta dello Sport. "Sometimes it's about being in the right place at the right time. The thing is even more true with goalkeepers, where the "places" are limited and the hierarchies are stable. Andrei Radu could have ended up in a positive situation. Genoa has taken the place of "arrogance" at the 6th, in summer it can become the right profile as vice-Handanovic: renewal and employment of the box "products of the nursery". The Romanian after a year in B at the Avellino cost 8 million to Genoa, but Ausilio and Gardini have guaranteed the right to "recompose" over the next two years".

"The ideal for him would be a couple of years in Genoa, gaining experience. When and if Handanovic, who is a great goalkeeper, will leave Inter, maybe Radu will be ready to take over his legacy. Maybe it will take a few years, the boy is certainly balanced and knows his stuff. Even when he makes some minor mistakes due to his young age, he takes advantage of it to learn and improve ". - His agent Oscar Damiani said he will become one of the strongest goalkeepers in the world :datass:

brehme1989
22 Dec 18, 21:35
Saved a PK today vs Atalanta (at 0-0) and almost saved a second one which barely skimmed underneath him (which made it 1-1).

Il Drago
31 Dec 18, 14:16

According to GdS, it's 12m for 2019 and 16m for 2020.

CafeCordoba
01 Jan 19, 12:02
I'd keep him there till 2020 then. One full season as the starting goalie is easily worth 4m€.

chipschups
01 Jan 19, 13:37
Keep him till 2021 at Genoa and buyback him for 20m when finally Handa ready to step down.

K.I.
01 Jan 19, 15:20
Just buy him in 2020 and loan him out for 2 years or until Handa is done here.

CafeCordoba
05 Jan 19, 18:09
Genoa just bought a goalkeeper from Brazil. Fuck.

https://www.football-italia.net/132877/official-jandrei-joins-genoa

Palacio
05 Jan 19, 18:20
Radu is good with his feet.

brehme1989
05 Jan 19, 18:33
Radu is good with his feet.

Indeed.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BPnahoPArhe/

MusicalMafia
05 Jan 19, 19:09

No reason to say fuck. If he wins with him, well, its good for us. If he doesn't, first of all, we shouldnt cry he doesnt get minutes for 2020 because apparently hes far away from being worthy to be Handas successor yet and we buy him back for cheaper and hope itll change over time.

Wobblz
05 Jan 19, 21:02
Indeed.
Pretty fucking impressive.

Pimpin
05 Jan 19, 22:30

I was trying to figure out why would you say fuck, thinking perhaps we will sign marchetti or some shit and then i saw the thread name

thatdude
06 Jan 19, 14:21
Radu seems a little too light weight for my liking. Even compared to smaller goalkeepers like Perin he seems small.

forzainter257
06 Jan 19, 18:17
Indeed.
Yep, that's what I meant

I don't really know how good his gk skills are, except for the match his side was beaten by us heavily, but he can score basket goals by bouncing the ball off the floor with his legs. I don't know how that trick is called :lol:

100%
07 Jan 19, 01:30

It's probably because of the buyback clause we have on radu i guess. May be they made that move for precautionary purposes.

BabyPhat
08 Jan 19, 17:28
We are definitely buying him back this summer, genoa are already prepared for that. Does anyone know the price we are paying if we buy back after one season?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

DARi0
09 Jan 19, 07:20
No, no figure reported yet.

FCIN: It is probable that Inter will bring Radu home in the offseason. The positive performances that the 1997-born Romanian goalkeeper has had this season are persuading Inter management to welcome him back next summer, a move that could also be beneficial when it comes to UEFA squad list. Inter do have a buy-back clause and will likely to exercise it with Genoa.

Il Drago
09 Jan 19, 08:16
We are definitely buying him back this summer, genoa are already prepared for that. Does anyone know the price we are paying if we buy back after one season?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

No, no figure reported yet.

FCIN: It is probable that Inter will bring Radu home in the offseason. The positive performances that the 1997-born Romanian goalkeeper has had this season are persuading Inter management to welcome him back next summer, a move that could also be beneficial when it comes to UEFA squad list. Inter do have a buy-back clause and will likely to exercise it with Genoa.

;)

chipschups
09 Jan 19, 09:41

This one

DARi0
16 Jan 19, 10:39
FCIN: Ionut Radu will also return to Inter in the summer. Despite the transfer to Genoa, Inter have retained control over the player thanks to a buy-back option. Inter will pay the Rossoblu a figure close to 12 million euros for the Romanian. Both sides will continue the discussion because Inter hope to include a player to lower the transfer fee.

Howl
28 Jan 19, 23:50
Had another great game today, pulled out some miracle saves out of his ass to keep Genoa in it.

He's improving game by game, and the guy's only 21 years old. :notbad:

Maslany
29 Jan 19, 00:23
Could we use him if he comes in the summer? I really want Handanovic sold, can't take his antics anymore!

InterFCAustin
29 Jan 19, 02:30
Y'all need to chill with this, "want him sold" attitude,...not that im against selling any of our current players, bar Skriniar, it's just that, this is real life, its not Championship Manager game, where you can sell anyone. None of our players, expect Skriniar is desirable to anyone...that's why we cant sell for good prices. Just either loan, or cheap as fuck...

snake
29 Jan 19, 02:40
I really want Handanovic sold, can't take his antics anymore!

.https://img.fireden.net/v/image/1448/19/1448194096802.png

Pajo
29 Jan 19, 07:15
Radu is still way too green. he is a keeper that will make you all wanting to jump out of the window. He can pull out a miracle save and then drop the ball from his hands.

Let him develop for a couple of years before throwing him into the fire. He is talented but will get burned in this clusterfuck of a team.

IRR26
29 Jan 19, 09:02
Radu is still way too green. he is a keeper that will make you all wanting to jump out of the window. He can pull out a miracle save and then drop the ball from his hands.

Let him develop for a couple of years before throwing him into the fire. He is talented but will get burned in this clusterfuck of a team.

I agree but at the same time thats the reason why Inter plays Borja Valero when Roma plays Zaniolo and Milan Donnarumma.

Maslany
29 Jan 19, 09:42
.https://img.fireden.net/v/image/1448/19/1448194096802.png
:work: :trolldad:

Seriously, i couldn't stand Handanovic long before he started doing these clusterfucks. :yao2:

- - - Updated - - -

I agree but at the same time thats the reason why Inter plays Borja Valero when Roma plays Zaniolo and Milan Donnarumma.Exactly, Donnarumma is green too, but a starter at a big club at a young age.

We should cash in on Handanovic while we can!

MusicalMafia
29 Jan 19, 09:51
If we buy him back now then we won't do that to save that 4M but to actually keep him and probably rotate with Handa.

At the same time, I think that if we buy him it's just worth to take the risk. I just wouldn't pursue a strategy of buying an expensive GK and loaning Radu, considering we have more urgent purchases to make.

Pajo
29 Jan 19, 11:19
I agree but at the same time thats the reason why Inter plays Borja Valero when Roma plays Zaniolo and Milan Donnarumma.

Right. But Roma is good at developing youngsters and Zaniolo was lucky to have his midfield teammates all injured. And it's easier for an outfield players, for a GK is way worse. It's harder to get in the first team. And the pressure is bigger as each mistake is 90% goal for the opposition.

While Donnaruma is the most hyped young GK in the world, there is difference between him and Radu. Donnaruma makes many mistakes as well but at the same time he is twice the GK Radu is currently despite being 2 years younger.

Exactly, Donnarumma is green too, but a starter at a big club at a young age.

We should cash in on Handanovic while we can!

I already gave Dollarumas and Radus opinion, as for Handa... We cannot cash him. He is 35, no club will pay anything for him.

ScottishInterista
29 Jan 19, 13:43
If he comes back here in the summer I give it 10 games until JJM gives him the nickname Donut Radu

wera
03 Feb 19, 14:12
I don't know why we brought Radu, he is awful. He is not what who we need to replace Handanović.

DARi0
04 Feb 19, 14:52
We did not buy him back yet, the management is keeping tabs on him and will decide probably after seeing the other transfers go through.

Inter do have a buy-back option on him, fixed for next summer [2019] at €12M or the following summer [2020] at €16M. The club does not want to lose the player and it remains to be seen if Inter will decide to acquire him back in about six months and then leave him at Genoa on loan for the 2019-2020 season. Another option is to wait until summer 2020 to bring him home. Radu can be included in the UEFA list as a youth academy product of the Nerazzurri.

DARi0
17 Apr 19, 15:45
Inter 'to buy back Radu'

Inter have reportedly agreed to exercise their €12m option to buy back Genoa goalkeeper Ionut Radu this summer.

According to Fabrizio Romano, Inter have been impressed with Radu’s performances at Genoa.

The 21-year-old joined Genoa on loan last summer with an obligation to buy for €9m, and he has gone on play 27 times for the Grifone, keeping a clean sheet against Juventus.

Romano adds ex-Roma sporting director Monchi had been interested in bringing the Romanian to the Olimpico before stepping down from his role at the capital club.

Furthermore, the Nerazzurri would have been liable to pay an extra €3m if they chose to buy Radu back next summer.

Nonetheless, they are expected to loan him out next term as Samir Handanovic will remain Inter’s undisputed No 1 for at least another campaign.

Pajo
17 Apr 19, 15:50
12 mils? Imo way too expensive.

brehme1989
17 Apr 19, 19:36

It's 3m in real money.

Besnik
17 Apr 19, 20:58

He's amongst the hottest prospects in Italian league, and already looks like a great goalkeeper. So, that's not too expensive considering that prices in football market are gone crazy.

Handa won't last any longer though (he will be 35 very soon). Radu looks like a perfect replacement for him.

firmino
17 Apr 19, 21:03
we also have that 18 year-old brazilian kid, Brazão.

Pajo
17 Apr 19, 21:30
You guys really think he is one of the best young GKs in serie a? If you do... Ok lol..

Pajo
17 Apr 19, 21:31
It's 3m in real money.

How come?

Besnik
17 Apr 19, 21:33
You guys really think he is one of the best young GKs in serie a? If you do... Ok lol..

Name some better young gk's than Radu...

JJM
17 Apr 19, 21:41
I like him from little what I saw of him , he is very explosive, quick reaction time, he isn't Handa on 1vs1 tbh but...
However I didn't see him enough to say more, about his positioning awareness, that's very important quality to have

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Pajo
17 Apr 19, 21:49

Its not important. Have you watched him regularly? The guy makes one insane save and than concede 3 retarded goals in a game.

Ps. Just to name a few: Gollini, Meret, Audero, Lafont, Cragno.. Not even mentioning the likes of Donnaruma and Strahosha who are already established GKs. He is not even in top 5 best young GKs in serie a, CURRENTLY.

He has talent but need at leas 3 more years as regular GK somewhere. I dont mind buying him (even tho quite expensive), but he needs to stay at lesser club for couple of yeara and then see what he is made of.

Shark
17 Apr 19, 22:12
I think 12m is an adequate price for Radu considering he's Genoa's first choice GK now. He has played all 32 games so far and that's great for his development.

That being said, it would be silly to buy him out now. As of now he's average at best. It'd be wiser to extend his loan and buy him out if he turns out to be the real deal.

We should keep the tradition of having world class GKs over the past decades. Anyone fancy a Oblak-Icardi swap?

Materazzi_23
18 Apr 19, 07:24

Onana!

But on a serious note.
I've not watched alot of games of him but from what I saw I think he will be a good addition if he developed him every year. Will he be a starter for Inter? I doubt it, buy maybe that is because Handanovic is now the standard.

For that kind of money we should get him back, isn't he also a youth product so we can use him for the CL as home-grown?

Wallace
18 Apr 19, 09:33
He would definitely train himself up well while training with our AAA line of freekick takers in Politano, Candreva, and Perisic.

Universe
18 Apr 19, 10:28
I think 12m is an adequate price for Radu considering he's Genoa's first choice GK now. He has played all 32 games so far and that's great for his development.

That being said, it would be silly to buy him out now. As of now he's average at best. It'd be wiser to extend his loan and buy him out if he turns out to be the real deal.

We should keep the tradition of having world class GKs over the past decades. Anyone fancy a Oblak-Icardi swap?

Agreed RE Radu. His development is encouraging, and €12m doesn't seem unreasonable but ideally I'd like him to play few more seasons in Serie A before we make any decision over him.

As for Oblak, he literally signed a contract extension today, until 2023. Grain of salt stuff, but his agent also said smth like "juve are the only team in Italy" not too long ago .

brehme1989
18 Apr 19, 15:28
How come?

Genoa is paying us 9m in June. Helps our FFP situation.
We buy him for 12m in July.

12-9 = 3

CafeCordoba
20 Apr 19, 11:16
Yeah and the buyback clause rises to 16m€ in 2020 summer. So maybe just get him back now, loan him back to Genoa or somewhere else. There's been talk of Roma, with Olsen falling in this season. Not a great environment though at this point, but we never know what is going to happen in Roma (Pallotta selling to Arabs has been rumored).

Adriano@10
24 Apr 19, 13:16
Yeah and the buyback clause rises to 16m€ in 2020 summer. So maybe just get him back now, loan him back to Genoa or somewhere else. There's been talk of Roma, with Olsen falling in this season. Not a great environment though at this point, but we never know what is going to happen in Roma (Pallotta selling to Arabs has been rumored).

Honestly i would not mind paying extra 4 mio to keep him at genoa as a starting keeper for one more year. And i dont think genoa would accept us buying him back and then just loaning radu to them as i m sure they rather have the 4 mio on top of keeping radu.
With him developing very nicely at genoa i d be more than happy to pay those 4 mio and keep him at genoa rather than take a gamble to find a new team for him where he ll start or even worse have him on the bench behind handa for a year.
On top of that shipping players from club to club usually also does not really help their development.

CafeCordoba
24 Apr 19, 14:15
Well they would get their current keeper for free still. If we are anyway going to get him back, after that point why wouldn't they just take him on loan? Other option for them is to get a new goalkeeper. Having the previous one again is simpler for them too. And they are still getting that 12m€, immediately.

PHM1605
24 Apr 19, 14:50
Well they would get their current keeper for free still. If we are anyway going to get him back, after that point why wouldn't they just take him on loan? Other option for them is to get a new goalkeeper. Having the previous one again is simpler for them too. And they are still getting that 12m€, immediately.
Italy clubs don't treat youngsters that nicely though. Genoa is a selling club. They 'd rather scout a raw gem elsewhere, give him minutes and earn profit later. Why doing that for free, if their ambition is just avoiding relegation (and they will, with or without Radu)?

Adriano@10
24 Apr 19, 15:14

Well seeing his performance they could probably get more for him if they sold him on the open market. So while you are right they could keep their current keeper but the incentive to play and develop him would be way smaller.
Also i m more pointing to that genoa might say fuck you to us out of spite. while they d get a good keeper on loan they d only get him for a year and the only thing that would be different from telling us to fuck off is that they postpone their search for a keeper for one season.
Imho if we want him to stay there for one more season we ll have to stick to the original deal otherwise genoa is probably gonna pull out.

_OC_
05 May 19, 16:28
Dai, ragazzo!

https://media.giphy.com/media/d96b3USB3lYwUzxaLU/giphy.gif

Seems to me like he has one of these monster reaction-saves almost every match. The raw talent is certainly there.

snake
06 May 19, 04:57
Honestly... Handanovic is great, but he is getting old and he's an uninspiring captain.

Next year should be his last. By then Radu will be ready. Also by then, Skri should be ready for captaincy.

A.l.i
06 May 19, 08:41
Hope we don't pull a Zaniolo on him.

Il Drago
06 May 19, 09:43
Hope we don't pull a Zaniolo on him.

I am more worried about pulling a Sebastian Frey on him.

Sassuolu
06 May 19, 12:10
I am more worried about pulling a Sebastian Frey on him.

By that you mean start him for a season? Lose a derby 6-0 and then get one of the best goalkeepers in the country?

CafeCordoba
06 May 19, 13:30
Hopefully we don't indeed pull a Zaniolo with Radu but insert another buyback clause if we are going to make money in this summer by selling him outright. Maybe loaning is more reasonable, unless we insert him as an expensive makeweight to Barella deal for example. Barella sale price 50m€, Radu sale price 20m€ and buyback at 25m€ for 1 year and 30m€ for 2 years or something like that.

Il Drago
06 May 19, 13:56
By that you mean start him for a season? Lose a derby 6-0 and then get one of the best goalkeepers in the country?

I mean making him a starter before he's ready. Radu looks promising but he needs to work on his weaknesses. We need to be patient with him. 1-2 more seasons on loan will be beneficial for him. Sadly there's no Francesco Toldo (my favorite Inter gk btw) available to get this time.

Sassuolu
06 May 19, 14:08
I mean making him a starter before he's ready. Radu looks promising but he needs to work on his weaknesses. We need to be patient with him. 1-2 more seasons on loan will be beneficial for him. Sadly there's no Francesco Toldo (my favorite Inter gk btw) available to get this time.

Yeah just fucking around, Frey was fantastic for Fiore.

Wobblz
06 May 19, 22:15
Hopefully we don't indeed pull a Zaniolo with Radu but insert another buyback clause if we are going to make money in this summer by selling him outright. Maybe loaning is more reasonable, unless we insert him as an expensive makeweight to Barella deal for example. Barella sale price 50m€, Radu sale price 20m€ and buyback at 25m€ for 1 year and 30m€ for 2 years or something like that.
FIGC recently decided to ban buyback clauses.

CafeCordoba
07 May 19, 06:02
FIGC recently decided to ban buyback clauses.

Have they?

I found only this https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/figc-plan-to-bring-some-changes-to-the-transfer-market-93578

Pajo
07 May 19, 09:29
IIRC they only banned 50% ownerships as it was a clusterfuck with them. Buy back clauses aren't banned as far as i know.

as for Radu, i'm all in having him bought and sold again, with higher buyout clause. He is simply not ready for us, still makes retarded moves and poor decisions, even tho the talent is there. Needs couple more years at a club like Genoa. Or as someone said above, we can do a Frey.

Wobblz
07 May 19, 10:24
Have they?

I found only this https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/figc-plan-to-bring-some-changes-to-the-transfer-market-93578
Hm, read it somewhere (over FedeNerazzurra or SempreInter) recently in relation to our summer transfer dealings, that we won't be able to insert those clauses anymore. It was stated that they did indeed change the rule for good already but you're right, couldn't find any confirmation. Anyway, the FIGC president seems dead set to remove it.

FIGC President Gabriele Gravina has confirmed that Italy could abolish buyback clauses in transfers.

Buyback options were only permitted in Italian football last summer, when it was still being run by a commissionership, but Gravina made it clear they were not in place to stay.

“It’s a measure that was suitable during the commissioner period,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

“We’re weighing things up and I hope to propose the amendment of the rule by March 20 so that the Federal Council can cancel this change.”

Adriano@10
07 May 19, 11:07
as for Radu, i'm all in having him bought and sold again, with higher buyout clause. He is simply not ready for us, still makes retarded moves and poor decisions, even tho the talent is there. Needs couple more years at a club like Genoa. Or as someone said above, we can do a Frey.

Why not just leave him at genoa if we already have a buy back option for next year?

On the buy back clause in general was it not uefa that wanted to get rid of them?

Sokrates
07 May 19, 11:11
Why not just leave him at genoa if we already have a buy back option for next year?

On the buy back clause in general was it not uefa that wanted to get rid of them?

I don't know the numbers, but maybe a buy now with a new sale (with buy back of course) can give us some profit for FFP

Sassuolu
07 May 19, 11:32
Why remove buy back clauses? They're like release clauses.

Adriano@10
07 May 19, 12:49
Why remove buy back clauses? They're like release clauses.

But they are favouring big teams as in we get to sell a player and limit the potential upside the buyer has when it comes to selling the player for a higher price.

So while the small team also profits and gets a good player for less then they would have to buy in a straight buy it still is heavily favored for the big team i mean if it goes great and the player develops they win if the player completely flops they also win it s only when the player stays mediocre when the big team does not get the better of the deal.

I honestly think it s worse than co ownership deals for small teams. At least in co ownership the small teams can go to a blind auction and get good money, with a buy back there is no way the small team can profit as much if the player develops better than expected.

CafeCordoba
07 May 19, 13:32
IIRC they only banned 50% ownerships as it was a clusterfuck with them. Buy back clauses aren't banned as far as i know.

They are thinking about banning the buyback clauses, they haven't banned them yet.

As for the the clause rule itself, obviously it benefits small teams but specially the young players. If buybacks are banned right from this moment and let's say we had buyback for Radu only to this summer, we would buy him back and he would be a 2nd goalie for us. Who is benefiting from that? At least Radu is taking a big hit in that one. Small club too who would be able to have him next season (whoever that is).

Big clubs would keep these talents more than let them go. They would let them go only for cases when they see the player is so far from ready so that it's not easy to see the real potential and the odds for potential to get realized. Then the price would be small and small clubs could afford the price. Then some random cases the player might hit it at small club and become a great player and the small club have hit a jackpot in that case. But those cases would be far too rare.

In current situation, they can't hit a jackpot so easily but they can get more ready players and if these more ready players grow to become real good, they can make some profit out of them. Without buybacks, the small clubs don't even get to the situation to get these more ready players.

Adriano@10
07 May 19, 16:01
They are thinking about banning the buyback clauses, they haven't banned them yet.

As for the the clause rule itself, obviously it benefits small teams but specially the young players. If buybacks are banned right from this moment and let's say we had buyback for Radu only to this summer, we would buy him back and he would be a 2nd goalie for us. Who is benefiting from that? At least Radu is taking a big hit in that one. Small club too who would be able to have him next season (whoever that is).

Big clubs would keep these talents more than let them go. They would let them go only for cases when they see the player is so far from ready so that it's not easy to see the real potential and the odds for potential to get realized. Then the price would be small and small clubs could afford the price. Then some random cases the player might hit it at small club and become a great player and the small club have hit a jackpot in that case. But those cases would be far too rare.

In current situation, they can't hit a jackpot so easily but they can get more ready players and if these more ready players grow to become real good, they can make some profit out of them. Without buybacks, the small clubs don't even get to the situation to get these more ready players.

Thats questionable though as i see it with a buy back clause the big teams just shift all the risk to the small team. I mean who profits if the player develops better than expected? The big team as they will most likely get a player cheaper than they would on the open market. Now if you revers the situation and the player goes bust plays badly and does not live up to potential again the small team carries all the risk as they will now be stuck with an expensive player on their books for whom they most likely overpaid.
Now while it would not change immediately but i think players and big club would realised that their wasting time and money if they just keep guys on the bench with not playing them till they re "old"

Dont get me wrong i get your point that a lot of players would just eat bench all the time with no such arrangements but i also understand Uefa that it is a disadvantage for small clubs as this way they can only keep underperforming players and they wont be able to get fair value for players that outperform expectations.
Also the argument could be made that big clubs just buy as many talents as they can if they can just sell them on with buyback clauses which obviously increases the market prices for these young players no matter how talented they are. So small clubs might not even be capable to pick up a young talent that would fit their status cause a big club is ready to role the dice on him. and since their limit of loss will be limited why not?

CafeCordoba
07 May 19, 17:34
Yeah you have a good points.

Sassuolu
08 May 19, 08:53
But they are favouring big teams as in we get to sell a player and limit the potential upside the buyer has when it comes to selling the player for a higher price.

So while the small team also profits and gets a good player for less then they would have to buy in a straight buy it still is heavily favored for the big team i mean if it goes great and the player develops they win if the player completely flops they also win it s only when the player stays mediocre when the big team does not get the better of the deal.

I honestly think it s worse than co ownership deals for small teams. At least in co ownership the small teams can go to a blind auction and get good money, with a buy back there is no way the small team can profit as much if the player develops better than expected.

Well this will only hike up prices for smaller teams.

brehme1989
08 May 19, 09:03
They should just abolish it. But wait till we're done with this FFP and SA madness.

DARi0
03 Jun 19, 17:49
Radu said he would like to stay 1 more year at Genoa to continue his development.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/593614a03e00beb2f0d520ad/5936401cb3db2b83532d06b1/5cf5392dcd3dc50001215304/1559575348669/DsL_rRMXgAAluNW-1.jpg?format=2500w

The future of Ionut Radu, who performed very well last season with Genoa, could be tied to the possible transfer of Alessio Cragno to Roma.

According to the Gazzetta dello Sport, if contacts between Inter and Cagliari for Nicolo Barella should lead to something more concrete, the Romanian goalkeeper could also be included in this negotiation to replace Cragno as Cagliari’s starter in goal next season.

In this Inter-Cagliari-Roma triangulation, Genoa must now play the part of spectator as they are also waiting to resolve coaching question for next season.

Fossati
03 Jun 19, 17:57
Radu said he would like to stay 1 more year at Genoa to continue his development.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/593614a03e00beb2f0d520ad/5936401cb3db2b83532d06b1/5cf5392dcd3dc50001215304/1559575348669/DsL_rRMXgAAluNW-1.jpg?format=2500w

The future of Ionut Radu, who performed very well last season with Genoa, could be tied to the possible transfer of Alessio Cragno to Roma.

According to the Gazzetta dello Sport, if contacts between Inter and Cagliari for Nicolo Barella should lead to something more concrete, the Romanian goalkeeper could also be included in this negotiation to replace Cragno as Cagliari’s starter in goal next season.

In this Inter-Cagliari-Roma triangulation, Genoa must now play the part of spectator as they are also waiting to resolve coaching question for next season.

I hope we keep him - Handanovic is getting on in years. I don't see that many young goalies we could bring in instead of Radu.

Plus - all this so that we can get Barella? If you are 5 ft tall you'd better have skills comparable to Maradona, otherwise I'm not interested.

DARi0
18 Jun 19, 16:56
Radu ready for Genoa stay

Former Inter goalkeeper Ionut Radu says he is ready to spend another season at Genoa as ‘it’ll do me good’.

Inter have a right to repurchase Radu, who joined Genoa last summer on loan with an obligation to buy, but he hinted the Nerazzurri would let him stay at Marassi.

“I’m happy at Genoa,” the 22-year-old told Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I think another year in Rossoblu will do me good because I have the chance to work with a [goalkeeping] coach as good as Alessio Scarpi, who has helped me grow in every sense.

“Italy has the best goalkeeping school in the world. I absolutely had an unforgettable season.

“I never imagined I’d come in after just four games and play 33 times. Genoa gave me this chance. I’ve always dreamt of playing in Serie A.”

The Romanian was then asked about his role model, a fellow shot-stopper he rated and Roberto Mancini, who gave him his senior debut in 2016.

“[Samir] Handanovic’s my role model, he’s a truly great professional. I also think [Juan] Musso at Udinese is really very good.

“Mancini was super. I have incredible memories of him. He let me start in Serie A.”

Radu played 33 times in 2018-19 for the Grifone, who just about managed to preserve their Serie A status.

JJM
22 Jun 19, 18:38
https://scontent-frx5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/64743009_2381004988788249_5352914145840726016_n.jp g?_nc_cat=1&_nc_oc=AQmsDCc4pA-4Yr3BCdAhykzIQa7lUYFjLaVhterzBFq2Gz1GROWO2O9bKoaep KwJh-M&_nc_ht=scontent-frx5-1.xx&oh=f242c19a1193e84e0c3147a0780b1b37&oe=5DBC7B36
Romania's hero keeper Ionut Radu burst into tears and showed a shirt with his late sister's face following the amazing win over England yesterday. "I owe you everything. I love you, Ema". She past away in 2006, when she was just 14.

DARi0
24 Jun 19, 17:47
I watched the game and it was INSANE how he kept his team in the game and saved their asses several times!

Romania took the lead multiple times but were immediately pegged back by the superior players of England (at least on paper) and drew level 2 times, until the romanians managed to strike twice by the end of the game! It was a crazy thriller and Radu was MOtM IMO. If he manages to stay humble over the years and continue improving, I see a great future for this keeper! He seems to have everything it takes.

Universe
12 Jul 19, 13:48
IONUT RADU SIGNS FOR INTER AND IS SUBSEQUENTLY LOANED OUT
The 22-year-old goalkeeper will play for Genoa CFC during the 2019/2020 season
12/07/2019 - 13:37

MILAN – FC Internazionale Milano announces that the Club has signed Ionut Radu from Genoa CFC on a permanent basis. At the same time, the goalkeeper has joined the Liguarian side on a year-long loan deal.

Over the course of the 2018/2019 season, the 22-year-old made 33 appearances in Serie A with Genoa. With Inter’s Primavera side, Radu won the Viareggio Cup in 2015 and the 2015/2016 Coppa Italia before making his debut for the First Team in Serie A on 14 May 2016.

https://www.inter.it/en/news/68211/ionut-radu-signs-for-inter-and-is-subsequently-loaned-out

Good move IMO, both activating his buyback clause and immediately loaning back to Genoa. I could be wrong but I think his buy back was €15m? Not cheap, but worth the gamble. Guess we should move the thread to the loaned players section.

- - - Updated - - -

That was quick :einstein:

MusicalMafia
02 Sep 19, 10:09
He actually got an assist vs. Fiorentina yesterday!

DARi0
11 Nov 19, 21:53
Sick skills in the goal prevented Napoli from scoring at home against Genoa!

10aJ-wJ_lGw

Kenny
26 Nov 19, 11:24
impressive vs spal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvdL5iqJNfU

Il Drago
26 Nov 19, 12:45
Wow. Amazing reflexes.

junior55
27 Nov 19, 09:24
The guy used to be great at penalty saving in primavera level.
Not sure what his stats are at professional level so far ....

DARi0
24 Dec 19, 15:12
Ionut Radu’s agent confirms the Inter goalkeeper will remain on loan at Genoa in January as “it wouldn’t make much sense to move him on” midseason.

Radu has spent the past year-and-a-half on loan at Genoa and started every Serie A game this term for the Rossoblu, but their pursuit of Mattia Perin had thrown the Romanian’s future at Marassi into doubt.

Despite that, Oscar Damiani told FcInterNews.it: “The boy is playing regularly and doing well at Genoa. It wouldn’t make much sense to move him on in January.

“He will stay in Liguria and return to Inter next June as scheduled.”

The 22-year-old has seen his place come under threat following a first half to the campaign that saw him concede 36 goals and keep just two clean sheets.

Nonetheless, he is considered by some as Samir Handanovic’s long-term heir at Inter.

ADRossi
24 Dec 19, 15:13
Perin won't stay fit for long

Howl
24 Dec 19, 16:11
There goes his playing time.. If he's definitely leaving Genoa and coming back in June, then it only makes sense for them to start Perin as first choice once they re-sign him.

It was a good move overall though, the guy had a ton of playing time and experience.

Il Drago
06 Jan 20, 12:24
Damiani: “Radu Can’t Be Second Choice At Genoa, He Could Return To Inter”

Oscar Damiani, the agent of Inter youngster Iounut Radu, has confirmed that his client could return to Inter this month having lost his place at Genoa to Mattia Perin.

“Davide Nicola has been clear that there will be no battle for the starting spot in goals between Perin and Radu. Radu has been Genoa’s best player and certainly cannot stay and be second choice with all due respect to Perin,” he explained in an interview with Italian radio station Radio Rai.

“Radu has a right to be able to compete to be the number one and we will evaluate things during this month. It is a problem which a solution needs to be found for and maybe he could return to Inter.”

Universe
06 Jan 20, 13:22
I'm really not one for this "training with champions" and "learn from senior player" stuff that people like to talk up.

Some act as if having young players training alongside great older players is like giving them steroids. Not saying there's zero benefit in it, but IMO nothing beats actually playing consistently.

If Radu isn't going to be playing for the next 6 months, bring the boy home then. Better he train here than in that trainwreck of a club.

rsz85
06 Jan 20, 13:39
Just simply loan him to another Serie A team. or even better sell him. i highly doubt he will be our new no1 after Handa.

junior55
06 Jan 20, 13:50
What is the contract status of Padelli ?

If he is going to leave next season then it is worth taking Radu back and give him some Europa League football i guess.

brehme1989
06 Jan 20, 14:01
I'm really not one for this "training with champions" and "learn from senior player" stuff that people like to talk up.

Some act as if having young players training alongside great older players is like giving them steroids. Not saying there's zero benefit in it, but IMO nothing beats actually playing consistently.

If Radu isn't going to be playing for the next 6 months, bring the boy home then. Better he train here than in that trainwreck of a club.

Well, truth is that the bext experience is to be playing with champions, not just training with them. But we've tried that with Sebastian Frey and the results were disastrous. A young goalkeeper is best served training with the best. He trains with them 5/6 times a week while a game is less than 2 hours work. If your training sessions aren't up to standards, those 2 hours of official games won't really do you much good aside from learning to cope with pressure. It can also be a devastating factor for a gk who relies on confidence. If your team and defence sucks it's not a really good 'school' for you. At least for more than a season.

With that being said, Radu is best off sent to a top team in a mid-tier league. The same formula I suggest for most of our non-Italian prospects. Send them to Holland, Greece, Belgium, Portugal, Russia, Turkey, Sweden, Serbia or wherever there's championship pressure and a demand by the fanbase to win all games (yes, fans can be irrational like that) and also get to play in UEFA competitions being a minnow in most of the games. Usually there are 2-4 teams in those leagus that will compete for the championship so that gives you a pool of like 30 teams you can opt to send someone for a proper football experience. This is also the mindset of players you need to have.
Italians on the other hand do not have this luxury as not everyone can belong to the big three [historically] and top talent develops everywhere*. It's just up to the player to make the right move and the right time. Otherwise you end up being like Stefano Fiore who was unlucky to make all the wrong choices (left Parma slightly early for an Udinese team that took off some years after the fact, then moved to Lazio when they started deteriorating and it was game over for him). Barella on the other hand made the move at the right time and I'm very excited to have him around.

Sending them just to get playing time is a way of telling them "you're never going to play here".

As for Radu, if he's sent back, I'd rather keep him around if he's mentally capable of handling it. Loaning him to another Serie A club would be the ideal situation as he's got used to being a Serie A starter and you avoid having him feeling terrible for going to 1st choice somewhere to 3rd choice at Inter. But it won't be the desired result in terms of his development to make the move.

* And this is exactly what ruined the previous generation, Juventus' trying to pull this off by themselves and monopolizing the Italian market, owning 3/4 of all Italian prospects and then just scattering them around for on the pitch or off the pitch benefits.

Universe
06 Jan 20, 14:47
It's a bit of both. No point training with champions if you never set foot on the pitch. No point being sent out like a lamb to the slaughter if your coaching is subpar.

I don't dislike the idea of sending him to a top team in a lower league like Slavia Prague. I've heard that school of thought a few times but loaning him to a better Serie A team than Genoa (not that hard, there's 19 of them) would be the best-case scenario.

ElDiego22
09 Jan 20, 10:46
It's better for Radu to be Handa's backup challeging for Scudetto than fighting relegation and being no.2 to Rube's ex no2 keeper.

dax21
09 Jan 20, 11:04
He simply needs to play at this stage of development, we need to loan him out elsewhere. Plus, Padelli is pretty much a perfect backup GK - humble, lifelong fan of the club, happy with one or two appearances in friendlies or early coppa fixtures, and has decent skills if there ever comes a need for him to step up. And he is a very likable guy. Either way, Padelli's contract (Berni's as well, for that matter) expire in June this year, we gave them extensions last summer.

Piirakainen
17 Jan 20, 11:52
Any news about staying in Genoa, new loan or coming to Inter?

CafeCordoba
17 Jan 20, 12:00
Return to Inter or new loan to somewhere else. He got fucked by Genoa, agent was quite pissed about the Perin move.

Piirakainen
17 Jan 20, 16:34
Hopefully they can find him new long term option as a starter. Handa still have 1-2 years in him after this season I think.

Il Drago
25 Jan 20, 19:40
Ionut Radu’s Agent Oscar Damiani: “Nice Would Like To Sign Him On Loan From Inter”

Inter owned goalkeeper Ionut Radu’s agent, Oscar Damiani, discussed the current situation of the 22-year-old Romanian in an interview with Italian radio station Radio Marte.

“Today I’m in Nice and the French team would like to sign him on loan. Not for six months but at least for a year and a half. Radu deserves a team that respects him, and he would find that here.”

Damiani then spoke about the reasons why the 22-year-old was keen for a move away from Genoa, where he has been on loan since July of 2018.

“Radu has always done his duty. He was the best in Genoa, but the team have made their choice, that’s why we will look for somewhere else. If he has to be the second choice, he’ll do it elsewhere and not in red and blue.”

Radu has made 52 appearances across all competitions for the Ligurian side, conceding 83 goals in that time and keeping eight clean sheets.

rfU
27 Jan 20, 14:02
Current Nice number one Benítez (one of my choices to replace Handa) has 6 months left on his contract so he's possibly on the move before the end of the mercato. Raiola is his agent.

Il Drago
27 Jan 20, 18:20
According to Sky, Radu is close to Parma. I am not really confident he's gonna start ahead of Sepe but let's hope this is gonna be the case.

InterFCAustin
27 Jan 20, 19:01
According to Sky, Radu is close to Parma. I am not really confident he's gonna start ahead of Sepe but let's hope this is gonna be the case.
Seppe got hurt. That’s why they going after Radu.

Kenny
27 Jan 20, 19:47
Sepe is having a great season with Parma, is it a long term injury?

Il Drago
30 Jan 20, 18:51
Radu to Parma is official. Dry loan till the end of the season.

Wobblz
31 Jan 20, 09:24
Radu to Parma is official. Dry loan till the end of the season.
Question is - is he going to be a starter there?

brehme1989
31 Jan 20, 09:36
Question is - is he going to be a starter there?

For a couple of months at least, yes.

DARi0
06 Feb 20, 15:41
@brehme: In Cagliari Calcio 2:2 Parma, Colombi was the keeper @ Parma. :work:

Radu: 'Fate brought me to Parma'

Ionut Radu has claimed “fate” brought him back to Parma after a previous trial at the club and is “happy” to be part of a “large family” at the Ennio Tardini.

The Inter loanee spent the first half of the season at the Marassi with Genoa, but the Rossoblu replaced him as their first choice this winter and the Romanian started searching for a new club.

The 22-year-old goalkeeper has only played one game for the Nerazzurri since his arrival from Pergolettese in 2013, but he has experience from spells on loan at Avellino and Genoa.

“Nothing had been broken in Genoa, there were only a few technical choices that I have always respected,” he said at a press conference. “The first time I set foot in Italy, was here in Parma. I came to have a trial at the age of 15.

“Fate brought me back here, I’m happy about it. [Scout Vincenzo] De Vito is here, whom I know and had in Avellino. There’s a large group, we’re a large family and we can achieve great results.”

Radu kept eight clean sheets in 50 matches for Genoa and said he is still working to improve the strengths he already has to help him claim a spot in the starting line-up at the Ennio Tardini.

“My strengths are also what I have to work on, the mental aspect,” he added. “Everything starts from there. Improving the psychological aspect will help improve everything else.

“It’s always what happens on the pitch that decides. You must always give everything and put down maximum effort. Then, in the end, the coach decides.”

He admits that he didn’t know what the future held for him when Mattia Perin returned to Genoa this winter, but instantly accepted when he was presented a route to Parma.

“I was going to Inter, to talk about my future,” he said. “I didn’t know what to do. But then the phone call from Parma came and I immediately chose to come here.”

Good luck, hope you play as much as possible!

rfU
06 Feb 20, 18:51
@brehme: In Cagliari Calcio 2:2 Parma, Colombi was the keeper @ Parma. :work: Sepe was injured though. Don't think he's out for long. Should've sent him to Brescia where he could be a starter.

diamen
09 Feb 20, 16:26
on the bench today, so he is basically third Parma's goalkeeper for this moment...

Puma
14 Jul 20, 01:45
WHere do things stand with this guy? I find it interesting that Inter are looking for a replacement for Handanovic or at least someone that can be his vice and yet Radu is never mentioned. It is also funny that his agent always talks about returning to Inter but that is about as far as things have gone.

Given that he is presently Parma's third choice, I guess a return to Inter and his prospects of staying can not really be spoken about. I was just curious as to the esteem (or lack thereof) that our management has for him. Also, after seeing Padelli earlier this season, I cannot help but wonder if Radu would have been a better alternative. Personally, I feel that Padelli is a Clown Act.

CafeCordoba
16 Jul 20, 19:49
Latest rumor is we've decided to call him back and have him as the 2nd keeper.

This is the easy choice, and doesn't cost us anything.

Only thing we need to remember is to give him some games also.

rfU
24 Jul 20, 19:51
Latest rumor is we've decided to call him back and have him as the 2nd keeper.

This is the easy choice, and doesn't cost us anything.

Only thing we need to remember is to give him some games also.I just remembered Julio C didnt play a single game for Chievo in 2005 but became our #1 straight away the following season with no serie A experience. Fingers crossed this guy is the real deal.

CafeCordoba
08 Sep 20, 14:26
Let's bump this thread up. He's gonna be our 2nd keeper this season. Hopefully he gets more minutes this season than what Padelli has got during his whole time at Inter. :D