PDA

View Full Version : Lucien Agoumé

vitomins
05 Jul 19, 13:55
Will add this thread here and move it after pre-season if he does not stay in the main squad....

Welcome!

MILAN - FC Internazionale Milano can confirm that they've signed Lucien Agoumé from FC Sochaux-Montbéliard. The French midfielder, born in 2002, has signed a three-year contract with the Nerazzurri.

Last season Agoumé made 16 appearances for FC Sochaux-Montbéliard's First Team, while he's also played 17 times for France's Under-17 National Team.

https://www.inter.it/img/410581-873.jpg

https://www.inter.it/en/news/68137/lucien-agoume-is-a-new-inter-player

JJM
05 Jul 19, 13:56
Karamoh II

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Big Willy
05 Jul 19, 13:59
Looks very excited, welcome!

Il Drago
05 Jul 19, 14:01
Karamoh II

Il nuovo Pogba

JJM
05 Jul 19, 14:03
Il nuovo PogbaI consider Pogba a retard tbh
He has some nice football skills but his IQ must not be very high

Kakaroto
05 Jul 19, 14:10
Similar to Abu Diaby not Pogba.

qb4ever_2k
05 Jul 19, 14:10
Kid seems to have the potential to single handedly end our FFP problem. Can see us sell him for 30m in 3 years.

DARi0
05 Jul 19, 14:23
Transfer fee = €4.5m

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/593614a03e00beb2f0d520ad/5936401cb3db2b83532d06b1/5d150326a98f3800015ec9f6/1561658228996/lucien-agoume-france_pu8yfc3ni04w1tdkvc720raql.jpg?format=1000w

Glad we beat Barca, Man City and others who tried to outbid us in the final stages of the negotiation by offering €6.5m. This is the advantage of having the agreement with the player, him giving his word.

Good under-the-radar signing, hopefully more than just a bargain chip.

Welcome & Good luck Lucien!

CoolMan44
05 Jul 19, 14:29
Who are you?

Lui
05 Jul 19, 15:10
Great ball control and vision for his age. I'm happy with this signing

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

I4E
05 Jul 19, 15:15
What's the story with this lad ? Is he gonna be farmed out on loan immediately or what ?

ScottishInterista
05 Jul 19, 15:58
What's the story with this lad ? Is he gonna be farmed out on loan immediately or what ?

Eventually will be sold for a tidy profit to aid in allowing us to buy Vidal in 10 years time

I4E
05 Jul 19, 16:35
Eventually will be sold for a tidy profit to aid in allowing us to buy Vidal in 10 years time

Naturally, but in the meantime ?

Inter7
05 Jul 19, 16:35
Very small transfer fee! What a great pick up!

Universe
05 Jul 19, 16:51
Looks delighted to be here.

William
05 Jul 19, 16:58
Don’t fuck up or we’ll moan about you!!

Ziyad
05 Jul 19, 17:42
Happy for him and hope he will deliver. I like it more when we get players that are unknown and hey shine with us than vice versa

Eddie
05 Jul 19, 18:26
He does resemble Pogba a lot when playing. My thinking is that conte sees the potential and wants to do the same thing he did with Pogba. That may have been main reason he was able to convince him to come here.

qb4ever_2k
05 Jul 19, 19:12
Mandatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN_OflUTX_k

.h.
05 Jul 19, 21:14
and much like the compared Pogba, i'm sure he'll be great for some plusvalenza baby

Wallace
05 Jul 19, 22:00
Can’t wait for his welcoming video.

Perhaps put Pogba juggling with the ball and it transitions into Agoume amongst the fog with him coming out saying plusvenza with a grin.

Anne Marie
05 Jul 19, 23:00
Considering the amount of super talents France has introduced in recent years, Im always delight when we signed a French youth. Hope he ends up bigger than Kdog and Karamoh.

Choppin Onions
05 Jul 19, 23:40
Considering the amount of super talents France has introduced in recent years, Im always delight when we signed a French youth. Hope he ends up bigger than Kdog and Karamoh.

Karamoh has talent. He just fucked up with that stunt at Bordeaux. Whether or not he's strong enough mentally to become a better professional and in turn continue to develop on the pitch, is still up in the air.

Anyway welcome Lucien.

Provenzano
06 Jul 19, 10:29
Welcome boy and good luck!

P.S. I initially thought we were buying him for our Primavera. :D

JJM
06 Jul 19, 10:33
We bought him for plusvalenza aaaaa

Nyall
06 Jul 19, 13:46
Mandatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN_OflUTX_k

This video was far more impressive than Sensi's... so I expect him to get no playing time this year.

Universe
06 Jul 19, 14:08
His face has "Genoa" written all over it.

wera
06 Jul 19, 14:38
Silly Universe, that's his skintone

Delicate
06 Jul 19, 14:43
Since we are selling everyone,he will have some minutes this season for sure.

thatdude
06 Jul 19, 14:44
The best thing for him would probably be a loan back to his old club. A kid who just turned 17 can still learn a lot in the 2nd division of France. I just have a hard time seeing us use him, at least this year.

Ffi201zi002tlis
08 Jul 19, 08:50
Poor guy, he just committed career suicide at such young age :pokerface:

Wallace
08 Jul 19, 08:52
Actually it’s good he come so early, so he gets more time later on to salvage his career.

Inter7
08 Jul 19, 17:43
why is there no poll here I am ready to vote 10 because obviously we have the new pogba /s

Puma
10 Jul 19, 03:15
The career trajectory of most French talents that come to Inter end up going in the direction of Stephane Dalmat. Youri Djorkaeff was no doubt an exception.

Inter7
11 Jul 19, 16:53
The career trajectory of most French talents that come to Inter end up going in the direction of Stephane Dalmat. Youri Djorkaeff was no doubt an exception.

Excuse me don't you dare disrespect the legendary Kondogbia. Feared all over Italy for his rough tackling and accurate passing. Plus the legendary goal scored in preseason against Chelsea

yoszee
14 Jul 19, 17:23
This kid obviously deserve a place in the first team.

thatdude
14 Jul 19, 17:30
Definitely an interesting prospect. You can see why we invested. If he gets playing time he could be a very good player, I just don’t know if that will realistically happen.

Lui
14 Jul 19, 18:41
Top class skills

RickyMaravilla'sRightFoot
16 Jul 19, 03:13
Would be interesting to see him get some minutes in the Asia tour. Could be an interesting project for Conte if he can hold his own.

Eddie
16 Jul 19, 03:35
The kid didn’t even look like he’s 17.

How old was Pogba when conte played him?? 18??

I’m pretty sure conte saw something in him and hell do what he did with Pogba.

ElDuccio
16 Jul 19, 07:41
Sell Joao and Valero and keep this guy :work:

Materazzi_23
22 Jul 19, 10:29
Did Agoume really came in for Candreva to play rightwinger? I didn't see the match so I'm wondering how he was the 10 minutes he played and in which position he played.

Wallace
22 Jul 19, 19:33
Yes he did, and he sucked there.

DARi0
24 Jul 19, 15:28
I like the way he passes - low balls and tries not to lose possession. He had a chance to cross from the right, Longo or Puscas asked for it, but realized it would have been useless so he just passed the ball back to midfield. Seems like a smart boy.

Lui
24 Jul 19, 16:06
He took two touches today - both of which were world class.

Raul Duke
24 Jul 19, 16:26
Yes he did, and he sucked there.

In a way, I actually liked his attitude. He clearly has the skills to take players on, and most kids his age, when given a five minute run during preseason, would try some dickhead step-overs or a Guarinesque shot. The fact that he kept his game completely unremarkable was in its way impressive.

Having said that, Conte did spend the last five minutes screaming and gesturing at him to press deeper.

varmin
24 Jul 19, 16:50
Having said that, Conte did spend the last five minutes screaming and gesturing at him to press deeper.
If he survives Conte, he can turn into decent player.

magnesium
24 Jul 19, 18:15
If he survives Conte, he can turn into decent player.

New Pogba or New Kante .

Tsuna
24 Jul 19, 19:10
Maybe stop playing him as a winger and he can then press deeper

Lui
24 Jul 19, 19:47
He was just on for a run out and came on with like 7 new players. He's meant to play in the middle.

Palacio
24 Jul 19, 21:29
I think Marotta convinced suning that one of the kids who will develop under Conte will more than cover Conte's and Marotta's salaries.

Wallace
25 Jul 19, 03:15
In a way, I actually liked his attitude. He clearly has the skills to take players on, and most kids his age, when given a five minute run during preseason, would try some dickhead step-overs or a Guarinesque shot. The fact that he kept his game completely unremarkable was in its way impressive.

Dude, wrong game

alvaro
27 Oct 19, 21:24
https://streamja.com/blmv

pen goal in u-17 WC.

zodd
27 Oct 19, 21:25
Agoume just scored from penalty against Chile in the U-17 World Cup. Also, he is the captain of the team. Go on, kiddo!

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/593614a03e00beb2f0d520ad/5936401cb3db2b83532d06b1/5cfdc30c67088200012c663b/1560137418144/GettyImages-1134285956.jpg?format=1000w

Wings
22 Nov 19, 21:47
He is imposing, muscular and energetic. He reads the game well and has excellent vision. Fittingly, for a player who counts Kevin De Bruyne and Paul Pogba among his chief inspirations, he is also a driving force in possession, capable of unpicking a defence with a pass (witness his contribution to France’s first goal in the third-place play-off against Holland) or bursting through the lines with a steam-train surge.

“He looked really comfortable on the pitch,” Minonzio continues. “He is a modern midfielder, with that ability to play box-to-box. He’s quick and very good with both feet. And he’s very comfortable on the ball: you can see he’s technically gifted. He has a good shot on him, and is very accurate with his long passes. When you put it all together, you could see he had huge potential.”

Minonzio, like Agoume himself, highlights similarities with Pogba. But there are obvious points of departure – Agoume is less showy and more capable defensively – and not everyone is convinced that the comparison is an instructive one.

“Obviously for a young French player, it’s absolutely normal that Pogba could be an example,” says Samaden. “But I think Lucien’s characteristics are a little bit different. Lucien is more of a deep playmaker: I think that’s the right role for him on the pitch. He is someone who can construct the play, a very technical player. Pogba, for me, is another kind of midfielder, one who can play further forward. But it’s a small difference, not a big one.”
(Jack Lang)
https://theathletic.com/1385186/2019/11/18/stars-of-the-future-france-captain-agoume-is-a-driving-force-in-possession-counts-pogba-as-inspiration-and-at-17-is-already-training-with-inter-first-team/

Universe
23 Nov 19, 03:38
Hearing he could be called up to the first team soon.

Palacio
23 Nov 19, 14:06
Judging by how Brozo plays, it’s quite clear he won’t be able to finish the season as a starter. So it’s wise to have a replacement ready in cases of emergency.

brehme1989
23 Nov 19, 16:11
Judging by how Brozo plays, it’s quite clear he won’t be able to finish the season as a starter. So it’s wise to have a replacement ready in cases of emergency.

Agoume is our youngest midfielder so he must be our best midfielder, right?

Lui
23 Nov 19, 16:29
This kid is insanely talented and the bar for that open CM spot is pretty low with sensi injured.

Palacio
23 Nov 19, 17:29
Agoume is our youngest midfielder so he must be our best midfielder, right?
No, but he is closest to fill Brozo's place which will soon be empty if he continues to be a starter.

PpanY
24 Nov 19, 02:10
He will have his time coming soon.

Vecino - Brozo - Agoume

Universe
24 Nov 19, 04:41
If that description Wings posted is accurate then it does sound like his best role is the same role Brozovic is playing.

varmin
24 Nov 19, 07:32
He will have his time coming soon.

Vecino - Borja - Agoume
Fixed.

Palacio
24 Nov 19, 10:03
Fixed.

LOL. We still need two 5m Ausilio picked midfielders in january if we want to win anything.

- - - Updated - - -

If that description Wings posted is accurate then it does sound like his best role is the same role Brozovic is playing.

I have a feeling he will do much better than Brozo but Conte needs to give him the chance.

GenDire
25 Nov 19, 05:28
I have a feeling he will do much better than Brozo but Conte needs to give him the chance.

If he does "much better" than Brozo at 17 he'd be a 150-200m euro player

varmin
25 Nov 19, 09:20
If he does "much better" than Brozo at 17 he'd be a 150-200m euro player

Definitely but i think Palacio meant his defensive contribution not playmaking skills.
I don't know it is only me, but when Valero came in and Brozo moved a bit higher, i think he was getting more dangerous although he misplaced several passes ( IMO it was because of the pitch's condition). I really deem that Brozo could be more useful as B2B but we need a quality defensive midfielder to occupy his current spot.

thatdude
25 Nov 19, 12:08
I liked what I saw in the quick cameo he made as a CM. I feel like his mobility is honestly a bit wasted at DM and positionally he can be suspect there. Gets dragged all over the place when a team moves the ball quickly. If we could get a good DM we could have Sensi/Brozo/Barella as legit options for CM and if we need to rest that DM we can always drop Brozo back.

I know his performances were mediocre there previously but a lot of that was due to lack of organization in the way we build play. Also the fact he as often receiving the ball with his back to goal.

CafeCordoba
25 Nov 19, 20:53
What cameo you are talking about?

.h.
25 Nov 19, 21:36
ya r u confused with valero?

Lui
26 Nov 19, 12:15
I think he was referring to brozovic' role when Valero was subbed in.

thatdude
15 Dec 19, 20:58
As soon as I saw this kid come on and play as a CENTRAL FUCKING DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER I knew we were going to concede.

He’s a decent talent I’m sure but 1-0 up 10 minutes to go away at Fiorentina was not the time to give him minutes. I don’t care if Borja had one leg.

Lui
15 Dec 19, 21:11
Looked like a baby giraffe out there today.

GenDire
15 Dec 19, 22:01
Looked like a baby giraffe out there today.

Agreed, and all the ingredients are there for him to develop into a full-grown giraffe for us

CoolMan44
15 Dec 19, 22:18
Can't critique him - very young and he was just put in a really tough situation. I hope we're able to give him minutes in "eash" games throughout the season.

Universe
15 Dec 19, 22:23
As someone said, his only involvement was to play a horrendously overhit lobbed pass, and to rush out of position to try win the ball (and missed). It was a shit cameo no doubt, but impossible to write him off.

He may have to play against Genoa too so let’s hope the fuckers can make it easier for him by securing the game before he has to come on.

Lui
15 Dec 19, 22:51
I like that he went box to box in 6 strides

Wobblz
15 Dec 19, 22:58
Expected more in terms of positioning at least. He's being hyped to have a "great reading of the game"...

ADRossi
15 Dec 19, 23:47
Looked like someone who had never played a minute of football before

Irequis
16 Dec 19, 01:16

So much for doing much better :lol:

Expected more in terms of positioning at least. He's being hyped to have a "great reading of the game"...

He isn't hyped to have a "great play of the game" though :work::slick:

On positive side, this should seal the discussion if Agoume is better than Vecino or Valero. The former can be better in future ahead, but he is certainly far from ready now.

Adriano@10
16 Dec 19, 08:07
Welcome to inter boy where everybody wants you to play when your young until you make one actual mistake then you go from huge talent to crap within seconds.

Seriously judging him from the 10 mins he got yesterday is one of the stupider things people can do

CafeCordoba
16 Dec 19, 09:12
We can judge him that he's not ready for this level, at least not for these type of situations. As the evidenced showed us.

This thing was just a reminder for those asking for Agoume to play instead of Vecino/Gags/Valero. Most kids are not ready to play at this level.

firmino
16 Dec 19, 09:48
It is probably safe to say both he and Esposito are promising but not ready. Time to loan them out so that they can get some playing time elsewhere.

Wobblz
16 Dec 19, 09:54
I doubt even a team like Lecce would play them, both being only 17... Maybe they could make it and actually play regularly in Serie B.

Materazzi_23
16 Dec 19, 10:18
That's why we should have had a U23 team who plays in the Serie C. That way you still control the players, the formation they play in the training regime etc etc. Hopefully Inter will form a team like that when it's possible or was that just a one time thing and Juventus is the only club who took the chance?

Ajax is doing this for some years now with their second team. De Ligt, Frenkie de Jong, Van de Beek, Onana etc all played in that team which plays in the second league of Holland and they all got playing time and much more resistent than if they played against youth teams.

ADRossi
16 Dec 19, 15:19
That's why we should have had a U23 team who plays in the Serie C. That way you still control the players, the formation they play in the training regime etc etc. Hopefully Inter will form a team like that when it's possible or was that just a one time thing and Juventus is the only club who took the chance?

Ajax is doing this for some years now with their second team. De Ligt, Frenkie de Jong, Van de Beek, Onana etc all played in that team which plays in the second league of Holland and they all got playing time and much more resistent than if they played against youth teams.

Browha and I have had these debates a lot over the years. Serie C is some seriously amateur level football and probably wouldn't do much more for our club than a Primavera team does. BUT if you could get the team promoted into Serie B (like a Barca or Madrid B team in La Liga), then I think you could extract some serious value by having players like Agoume and Esposito (in an ideal world) spend time there.

Puma
16 Dec 19, 21:49
Is it the case that with Brozovic suspended, Conte is going to be forced to play Agoume? The only alternative would be to play Skriniar in midfield but I think that would be crazier than playing Agoume.

Materazzi_23
17 Dec 19, 06:40
Browha and I have had these debates a lot over the years. Serie C is some seriously amateur level football and probably wouldn't do much more for our club than a Primavera team does. BUT if you could get the team promoted into Serie B (like a Barca or Madrid B team in La Liga), then I think you could extract some serious value by having players like Agoume and Esposito (in an ideal world) spend time there.

I don't know the Serie C so I will take your words for it. Completely agree though with your reference to Serie B. Especially in a country as Italy where youth players never get a chance and always get loaned out etc it would be the perfect solution. The most important thing is the development of the players, whether we sell them for profit or use them in the first team. Players like Gravillon, Agoume, Esposito, Karamoh, Emmers, Vanheusden etc would be better off training the ''Inter'' way and stay in Milano at the Academy, training under good coaches etc than stuck at some team who play against relegation and only chooses older experienced players in that kind of situation.

A.l.i
17 Dec 19, 07:01
Is it the case that with Brozovic suspended, Conte is going to be forced to play Agoume? The only alternative would be to play Skriniar in midfield but I think that would be crazier than playing Agoume.

No way Skriniar is playing in midfield. Conte would more likely play De Vrij. He already referred De Vrij last month as an extra midfielder.

Materazzi_23
17 Dec 19, 07:09
No way Skriniar is playing in midfield. Conte would more likely play De Vrij. He already referred De Vrij last month as an extra midfielder.

De Vrij would be easily exposed as a midfielder as he lack speed and mobility. Can't imagine Conte will play him as a midfielder.

.h.
17 Dec 19, 19:49
Aye. I'd still love to have an U23 team - but at the same time, we need to be pretty considerate here. Quite a few of our youth players *develop into Serie C* players - I dont know what value it would add for our guys to have exposure at that level. If we can get to a low Serie B side, e.g. not just U23s, but a proper second team, then some of the guys could get reasonable experience.

Look at how badly Juve did last year, barely survived relegation threat

Tursan
17 Dec 19, 20:09

I agree that the quality of Serie C is not on a great level. Usually there are some good teams around for a year or two and that‘s it. I used to watch quite some games when they streamed the league for free. Now they changed it to a paid service and I can‘t be bothered to pay for Serie C football. That being said, I think having an Inter B team in Serie C would still be beneficial opposed to only having a primavera. I believe it‘s good for the growth of some young players to not only play teams with teenagers. I would also like to have the opportunity to send players to the B team to get some minutes in their legs after injuries. If more Serie A teams would have B teams in Serie C, maybe there‘s a chance they would be admitted to play in Serie B in the future. Given that much Italian teams are notoriously broke the association has trouble to fill the lower leagues with competitive sides anyways.

Lui
17 Dec 19, 20:11
But can affiliated teams earn promotion?

Tursan
17 Dec 19, 20:17
But can affiliated teams earn promotion?

As far as I know, they can‘t at the moment. They started with JuBe U23 and Milan U23 as an experiment. But Milan has withdrawn their team for financial reasons even before they started the league.

.h.
17 Dec 19, 20:23
I thought they could move up to Serie B?

The current rules, btw, would not allow an injured A team player to play in the B league

Tursan
17 Dec 19, 20:27
Oh, they could move up? Wasn’t aware of it then.
Edit: You‘re right. They are allowed to promote. I just checked. But I read that the project is at risk as the interest from Serie A sides is underwhelming.

Currently it‘s not allowed to field an injured A player but imo it should be. Would make sense and could be an incentive for the teams to invest in a second team.