Finally official!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_S88glXsAEBdME.jpg

https://twitter.com/Inter/status/1149755306659815424

ElDiego22
12 Jul 19, 20:27
Welcome Nico

Wobblz
12 Jul 19, 20:28
Welcome Nicolo. Always liked the kid, let's see how this pans out.

Suraj
12 Jul 19, 20:32
very excited for this kid..he's gonna be great :thumbsup:

Devious
12 Jul 19, 20:34
One of us

https://i.ibb.co/nRtvFfV/FB-IMG-1562874388396.jpg

Welcome Nerazzurro!

Gaindé
Welcome home, Nicolo!

Abu Bader
Welcome Nico

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Kakaroto
12 Jul 19, 20:38
Finally got our Stretcher.

Johnny Ludlow
12 Jul 19, 20:42
Welcome!! I am a big fan of his capabilities and potential.

Beautiful man, too.

Nero Indigo
12 Jul 19, 20:52
Welcome Nico! Everyone has great expectations, please do everything you can to prove your fans right and your doubters wrong. If anything, I want to be able to shout “GET THE STRETCHER!” in Schwarzenegger’s voice everytime you tackle the shit out of some poor soul :lol: best of luck Barella! Forza Inter.

este19
12 Jul 19, 20:53
Beautiful man, too.

:awyeah:

Okay I get that this might come off bad, but he really should decide to have a mustache or not have a mustache, because the half-measure in that pic just isn't flattering.

The real question is: does he beat out DDA?

:lol:

Ronin
12 Jul 19, 20:54
Vito fite me irl, u stole the thread from me, now the Stretcher is gonna get stretched.

Anyway I've always rated™ Nicolo so hopefully it'll turn out alright.

Nerraz
12 Jul 19, 20:55
Expecting this guy to be dominating Serie A for years to come. Where is the poll? :brozo:

Johnny Ludlow
12 Jul 19, 20:57
I did notice the non-mustache mustache, but his eyes did it to me.

Ronin
12 Jul 19, 20:58
Added poll.

Lui
12 Jul 19, 20:59
He is our son now. Let's make sure he grows up to be a strong healthy boy.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Inter7
12 Jul 19, 21:00
Welcome Nicolo, I know you will be lifting many trophies in your Inter career!

Can't wait to see how this ages.

Ziyad
12 Jul 19, 21:03
Fan favorite soon

Johnny Ludlow
12 Jul 19, 21:06
I am seriously between 8 and 9. I guess 8 is more realistic. 8.

Fossati
12 Jul 19, 21:07
A good player - not a great one. Still, welcome to Inter... and let's hope Conte can make him exceed expectations (mine, at least).

ScottishInterista
12 Jul 19, 21:07
So glad he's finally here. Hope he can stay here long term

Wallace
12 Jul 19, 21:20
Fucking high median rating on the poll, disastrous bound acquisition.

Ronin
12 Jul 19, 21:22
https://scontent.fprn1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/67236407_2235408763222438_4945886262771843072_n.jp g?_nc_cat=107&_nc_oc=AQkFcqnbJWMZBDpIEmi_HAHiw9ANmnz4aLAnZFkiAYb ppaOGmVkhqtqEhl48ZD3oKWg&_nc_ht=scontent.fprn1-1.fna&oh=b11422f9b3cb1d3e70101a61475bdd84&oe=5DB5E003
Friendship ended with Icardi. Now Barella is my best friend.

brakbrak
12 Jul 19, 21:24
Great signing,if radja and icardi manage to resolve their problems and stay we will have a very good chance to finish second.

JJM
12 Jul 19, 21:32
After Lautaro and SDV last season , and this year for Godin I now have a boner for Barella signing...
I wish I could get two more for SMS and Dybala signing... But I might be too lustful here.
And delusional

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Jane The Virgin
12 Jul 19, 21:33
Last time I was this exited, it had nothing to do with football and everything to do with sex.

Welcome home motherfucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

H_D_Swagger
12 Jul 19, 21:33

Uncle Radja will take him out on the town and show him the ropes.

Geza
12 Jul 19, 21:40
Great signing,if radja and icardi manage to resolve their problems and stay we will have a very good chance to finish second.

That's the spirit! :D

Kramerica Industries
12 Jul 19, 21:40
I can understand the hashtags, but is there a reason why the graphics Inter uses are in English, even when being posted on the Italian - and main - Twitter page as well?

Wobblz
12 Jul 19, 21:44
Last time I was this exited, it had nothing to do with football and everything to do with sex.

Welcome home motherfucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
Said Jane... the virgin...

.h.
12 Jul 19, 21:51
pleased and kind of surprised this guy is finally here. Makes Football Manager easier next year. Will be interesting, seeing him Ninja and Sensi in a midfield I Think?

Fossati
12 Jul 19, 21:52
Fucking high median rating on the poll, disastrous bound acquisition.

Oh OK, I thought I was the only one who wasn't enamored with the guy...

William
12 Jul 19, 21:54
Finally!!!!! Can’t wait to see him in action for us!

Nyall
12 Jul 19, 21:54
Definitely a better signing and player than the piece of shit Sensi

vitomins
12 Jul 19, 21:55
Vito fite me irl, u stole the thread from me, now the Stretcher is gonna get stretched.

Anyway I've always rated™ Nicolo so hopefully it'll turn out alright.

Haha we waited and waited for you.

Added poll.

There you go. At least he is guaranteed to be half decent now!

satubito
12 Jul 19, 21:55
Welcome Nicolo. Hope you go onto big things at your childhood club. Will be buying your jersey shortly.

Johnny Ludlow
12 Jul 19, 21:57

No, it's not that. Wallace loves him deep down. The jinxing just seems a bit scary. He gave it a 1 to balance it out, but still high.

Wallace
12 Jul 19, 21:57

Don’t get me wrong, I like what I see from him.

But everyone is acting like second Jesus coming. When you have to use Nations League to justify how proven a player is, I mean that’s just messed up fanboyism.

All I am saying is he’s more proven than Sensi, sure. But he’s not much more proven than that either. Even then, more proven players have failed here.

As always, my default position to everything is optimistic skepticism.

Wobblz
12 Jul 19, 22:02
Definitely a better signing and player than the piece of shit Sensi
Would you care to elaborate? What has the poor bastard ever done to you?

Fossati
12 Jul 19, 22:07
No, it's not that. Wallace loves him deep down. The jinxing just seems a bit scary. He gave it a 1 to balance it out, but still high.

Well, I gave him a 6, and I wasn't trying to balance out anything... :D I think he's above average, but he's not the sort of impact player who "sposta gli equilibri" or whatever cliche' is popular these days. He's a solid midfielder and I like the fact that he seems to really try his hardest in every game. But I'm not really convinced that his best is good enough for a team of the level Inter aims to be.

That is, assuming zhang does want Inter to be that team... I'm not convinced about that, either...

forzainter257
12 Jul 19, 22:18
Wow, I finally seen in my life Inter signing an Interista by paying huge fee

K.I.
12 Jul 19, 22:24
He is prob an 8, i will just give a 7 to be cautious. Hopefully he does well.

Wallace
12 Jul 19, 22:42
When you vote with these polls, do you expect the player, Barella in this case, to be an 8 player this season? Or next season? Or within his lifetime in the club?

Lui
12 Jul 19, 22:50
Would you care to elaborate? What has the poor bastard ever done to you?Stuck a finger up his ass. It happened in Canada, it was all over the news. It's quite common here.

CafeCordoba
12 Jul 19, 22:56
When you vote with these polls, do you expect the player, Barella in this case, to be an 8 player this season? Or next season? Or within his lifetime in the club?

More like within his lifetime in the club.

Maslany
12 Jul 19, 23:04
Welcome! :) Good luck!!!

compile
13 Jul 19, 00:20
Welcome Nico.

Finally Brozo will have someone competent, and hard working next to him.
Mind you I will miss our center-mid right winger Vecino making runs down the right wing when Brozo has the ball.

emosjonellspiller
13 Jul 19, 00:47
Cant wait to see him play:star::star:

Universe
13 Jul 19, 01:26
Please don't be shit.

crzdcolombian
13 Jul 19, 01:27
Please don't be shit.

Haha Conte does well with Italian players

Would love to bring back Balotelli for cheap as our backup instead of Dzeko. He was awesome in the euro cup with Conte

I4E
13 Jul 19, 01:30
https://scontent.fprn1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/67236407_2235408763222438_4945886262771843072_n.jp g?_nc_cat=107&_nc_oc=AQkFcqnbJWMZBDpIEmi_HAHiw9ANmnz4aLAnZFkiAYb ppaOGmVkhqtqEhl48ZD3oKWg&_nc_ht=scontent.fprn1-1.fna&oh=b11422f9b3cb1d3e70101a61475bdd84&oe=5DB5E003

Welcome to Inter Toni Kroos.

Alex de Large
13 Jul 19, 01:44
How about Vecino giving up #8 for Barella

Wallace
13 Jul 19, 01:46
I don’t think a dressing room leader is giving up anything.

vitomins
13 Jul 19, 01:47
Haha Conte does well with Italian players

Would love to bring back Balotelli for cheap as our backup instead of Dzeko. He was awesome in the euro cup with Conte

That was Euro 2012 for Prandelli. I don't think Conte ever selected Balotelli.

crzdcolombian
13 Jul 19, 04:34
That was Euro 2012 for Prandelli. I don't think Conte ever selected Balotelli.

My bad Balo was nasty that cup o shit that was 7 years ago I’m getting fking old!

Eddie
13 Jul 19, 05:57
Seems like we are putting the media house money for transfers.....pretty disappointing presentation video for nico.
The raised the bar too high with Godins and contes videos.

Michael
13 Jul 19, 06:32
GETTING TO KNOW BARELLA - Passion for the NBA (named his dog "Lebron"), prefers local resorts to Ibiza and looks to be the next Dejan Stankovic

He still lacks that one thing: to meet LeBron James. “My dream,” he calls it. He named his dog “Lebron” also because of his passion for the NBA. Sooner or later Barella will see the basketball superstar in an American area live in person. The other dream, to build a house with garden and swimming pool, will also happen soon because yesterday he became an Inter player with big wages. That can make you daydream.

He and his Federica Schievenin, who is crazy for motorcycles, married last year and she has already made Nicolo a father twice: Rebecca, two years old, and Lavinia was born mid-April. A happy family that does not deny itself some luxury but does not give in to being excessive. “I prefer Villasimius or Santa Margherita di Pula (two local resorts) to Ibiza and Formentera,” he once said. “When I was a boy, I was a rough kid but now I have changed.”

Breakthrough in Como - The turning point was in Como where Cagliari sent him in January 2016 under the care of Gianluca Festa to grow, play and mature quickly. He went and asked his friend, agent, tutor and also his kid’s Godfather in Alessandro Beltrami to give him the televisions to watch his beloved NBA at night and of course football.

Barellino, always with the number 18 on his back, learned everything that he can and with Federica, who is 7 years older than him, he returned to Cagliari to become the player he is now. He protests less and has more respect. Less useless runs and attacking more. Stealing balls, creating quality plays. He went through so many tutors and coaches in Cagliari from Rastelli, Maran, Cossu, Sau and Conti. Those are also his friends by the way as often they go on vacation together.

Quiet life - He lives a quiet and regular life. You only see “crazy” Barella a few times on the pitch. For the rest, he gives a lot of time to his family which is often seen at locations like Spiedo Sardo, Osteria Paradiso and Brace Vera. Dinners are made by parents Luca and Rita who would gladly keep the girls… in exchange for their son’s shirts. Because dad Luca, who sells Japanese air conditioners, is plagued by customer requests. Now, Mr. 45 million will have to think that a few thousand euros will be spent to satisfy the many fans. He refused to join Napoli in January and now Barella will try to be Inter’s next Dejan Stankovic, his real idol. The city of Milan welcomes him as king, now it’s up to him to be loved. And he will succeed. Former Inter player Gianfranco Matteoli discovered him for Cagliari’s youth sector. And now he has the difficult objective of finding another one.

yoszee
13 Jul 19, 06:43
This is probably the news you guys waiting for.

Sky - After Barella, the sales: Wolves survey for J. Mario

GenDire
13 Jul 19, 06:44
So his wife is 7 years older? Good thing she isnt his agent

Il Drago
13 Jul 19, 07:17
Welcome home. I badly want him to succeed at Inter. Not only because i rate him highly and he's one of us. But mostly because it was his determination to join Inter that made this transfer possible.

Choppin Onions
13 Jul 19, 07:47
I'm excited by this move. Probably the most I've been excited about an Inter midfielder in a long time. Kid is impressive already and is only going to get better. With one of the best coaches in football at the helm, the sky is the limit for Nico.

Him, Brozo and possibly Ninja make for a hot headed trio though lol. Let's hope they rein it in a bit or we're gonna be accumulating a lot of yellow cards.

Kramerica Industries
13 Jul 19, 08:32
So his wife is 7 years older? Good thing she isnt his agent

Kid is only 22 and has two children already, and if you gauge the timeline, this means he got together with her when he was 18-19 years old. Only thing I have to say to that is that, if he had game to be getting together with a 25 year old when he was just turning legal age (by US standards, anyway), then, well, bravo. I know I could've never done it.

javier_zanetti <3
13 Jul 19, 08:44
Our greatest Signing this summer.

wera
13 Jul 19, 09:02
Kid is only 22 and has two children already, and if you gauge the timeline, this means he got together with her when he was 18-19 years old. Only thing I have to say to that is that, if he had game to be getting together with a 25 year old when he was just turning legal age (by US standards, anyway), then, well, bravo. I know I could've never done it.

Big dick energy.

Ronaldo
13 Jul 19, 09:05
You guys keep mentioning his name next to Nainggolan and Brozovic but I kind of have feeling Conte wants an Italian trio in midfield consisting of Sensi, Barella and Gagliardini.

Shark
13 Jul 19, 09:18
He'll be fighting with Skriniar for the title of fan favourite by the end of the seasono.

Welcome Barella!

YoramG
13 Jul 19, 09:19
You guys keep mentioning his name next to Nainggolan and Brozovic but I kind of have feeling Conte wants an Italian trio in midfield consisting of Sensi, Barella and Gagliardini.

:yao2:

GenDire
13 Jul 19, 09:39

He also put a child in her a year after they got together, a year before they married. This smells of Wanda style older-woman puppetry to me

.h.
13 Jul 19, 09:59
Legal age in italy is lower than the states I believe? Devious probably knows all the stats.

Wobblz
13 Jul 19, 10:04
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq4pOUs4AOE

nurko
13 Jul 19, 10:58
Cool promo

Universe
13 Jul 19, 11:13
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq4pOUs4AOE

2 footed challenge, studs showing. Straight red IMO.

I naturally assumed that was Barella dribbling, but obviously not. Why is the highlight of that video a tackle. Is Barella a DM? A destroyer? Vice-Medel?

I think Barella will add some much needed control and ball retention to our midfield, which is exactly what Sensi will also provide, but whatever. With his nice long range passes he'll be able to switch play from each flank quickly and effectively. He can also give a nice ball forward from time to time.

But I really hope no one is expecting him to be a 'take the game by the scruff of the neck' game-winning, uber-influential midfield general, because he is not. And this is what we still lack. Sure, it's a team game and if Conte has the right pieces and gets the most out of them, then maybe we'll be fine without such a player. As far as I'm concerned, I would take all that money we intend to spend on Lukaku and use it buy such a midfielder to not only elevate our midfield, but get the most out of Barella & co.

wera
13 Jul 19, 11:19
exactly why I believe SMS coming here would make so much sense. There is probably less than 30% chance we get him tho.

We still need at least one striker too. Even if we keep Icardi.

CafeCordoba
13 Jul 19, 11:26
Confusing promo video. The other ones were much better.

vex
13 Jul 19, 12:01
Yeah video is nothing special and sooner or later this will become unoriginal and stale, i don't even know why they decided to make videos for every single player that comes here, you would have to have god like imagination and talent to produce high quality videos in that many numbers, without it becoming more of the same.

It would be much nicer imo to have one really cool and imaginative idea and concept, that can become recognizable over time, into which you present every player, then this constant trying to do something new every time.

CafeCordoba
13 Jul 19, 13:07
Yes. The first ones were nice indeed but this one plain sucked. Waiting for at least few more.

Dogen
13 Jul 19, 13:26
Welcome Nicolò. He's indeed one of us and finally where he belongs.

With that being said, being interista is one thing, bearing the heavy weight of the maglia nerazzurra on the pitch (and possibly stepping up in the process) is another. “May the Personality be with him”, but Barella is already promising in that department and seems to know how to use it (meanwhile, the future of his controversial friend and mentor Obi-Nain Golanobi is still uncertain - forza Claudia, by the way).

The presentation video is a bit of a filler, but we can hope Inter Media House will be given the opportunity to deliver a couple more masterpieces in the next few weeks, maybe with a grand finale, with all due proportions.

Wobblz
13 Jul 19, 13:31
I have no doubts in my mind a guy like Barella will excel in virtually any team. He might not be a world beater (so far at least) but he has that Toro determination and drive to succeed.

Ed.
13 Jul 19, 13:34
Yes. The first ones were nice indeed but this one plain sucked. Waiting for at least few more.

They probably had 1 afternoon to complete the video while the earlier ones they had them ready for some time especially Godin.

rockball
13 Jul 19, 15:37
Doesn't appear like the brightest of chaps. He gives me the feeling that Barella is probably better and more comfortable with his feet doing the talking than his mouth.

Dylan
13 Jul 19, 15:58
We aren't paying him or Brozovic for their smarts.

JJM
13 Jul 19, 17:54
https://images2-gazzanet.gazzettaobjects.it/wp-content/uploads/sites/45/2019/07/nainggolan-sfotte-barella.jpg?v=20190713165100
https://assets.teenvogue.com/photos/596e70457d3e1e55d6876f8f/16:9/w_1280%2Cc_limit/lede.jpg
Barella one year younger than the Spiderman kid...:pokerface:

Kramerica Industries
13 Jul 19, 20:44
We aren't paying him or Brozovic for their smarts.

Maybe we aren't but don't you dare try to indicate that Brozovic is anything other than a hidden genius.

.h.
13 Jul 19, 20:58
rooney is thick as shit and there's only one inter fan in history who wouldnt take him for us

Fitzy
13 Jul 19, 21:31
I was disappointed to hear that it wasn't his dream to fly to Melbourne and meet Hal.

wera
13 Jul 19, 21:57
some Serie A fans laughing at me that Barella is our biggest transfer in the history of the club

Caecuban
13 Jul 19, 23:28
Welcome Barella!!!!!

uzhang
13 Jul 19, 23:47
Welcome Nico

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk

Ed.
14 Jul 19, 00:29
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzUrfVaklEg

Wallace
14 Jul 19, 00:30
rooney is thick as shit and there's only one inter fan in history who wouldnt take him for us

Was that me? If not then your statement is already false.

ElDuccio
14 Jul 19, 00:53
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzUrfVaklEg

i don't understand why this guy is so popular. Everytime i watch him im like :palm: and he also understands nothing about calcio tbh, he thinks to know things better then others. Like when he says that Juve wanted Icardi only because wanda said it.. he keeps talking only trash every video, so annoying

compile
14 Jul 19, 06:12
Doesn't appear like the brightest of chaps. He gives me the feeling that Barella is probably better and more comfortable with his feet doing the talking than his mouth.

Or it could be he doesn't like being infront of cameras when he's not on the pitch playing? Conte sounded like a idiot too when he played. Some people just don't like the lime light and would rather be playing to express themselves.

rockball
14 Jul 19, 08:32

Didn't mean that as a bad thing. It is actually good in the sense that he likes to express and talk through his game. Just that this bit struck me about him.

- - - Updated - - -

Also there are different kind of characters that any team needs. You need some who are very intelligent, typically the regista, playmaker, CB positions are where this is needed. You need some who are all about grinta, Barella probably belongs there. And so on..

Besnik
14 Jul 19, 10:17

Chances of that happening are next to none. But in another note, Barella signing excites me a lot. I usually like energetic players who also have abilities to play with the ball. Can't wait to see him in action.

JJM
14 Jul 19, 15:09
some Serie A fans laughing at me that Barella is our biggest transfer in the history of the club

Ronaldo's transfer from Barcelona to Inter Milan in 1997 would cost £388m in today's market

https://www.givemesport.com/1486995-ronaldos-transfer-from-barcelona-to-inter-milan-in-1997-would-cost-388m-in-todays-market

Zoro
15 Jul 19, 01:53

Show me the ones that laughed at you. They won't hurt you again <3

wera
15 Jul 19, 08:22
<3 the masked avenger

Bluenine
16 Jul 19, 20:00
Ronaldo's transfer from Barcelona to Inter Milan in 1997 would cost £388m in today's market

https://www.givemesport.com/1486995-ronaldos-transfer-from-barcelona-to-inter-milan-in-1997-would-cost-388m-in-todays-market

I am not surprised. For people like me who were Inter fans at that time, that Ronaldo move was staggering in the football world. It was even hard to imagine such a deal was possible. In 3 decades as a football fan, I have never seen anything like it. If someone had bought Messi from Barca when he was 20, thats how big the Ronaldo move was.

I have seen some other staggering moves over the years - like Maradona to Napoli was a huge one, as was Baggio to Juventus and Zidane to Madrid. But none come close to what Moratti pulled off with Ronaldo.

Lui
16 Jul 19, 20:31
Yeah I remember it even got the Pope to speak out.

InterFCAustin
16 Jul 19, 20:45
It truly shook the soccer world. I think Inter gained more popularity world wide with that Ronaldo transfer then when we won the treble.

vex
16 Jul 19, 21:12
It truly shook the soccer world. I think Inter gained more popularity world wide with that Ronaldo transfer then when we won the treble.

That's definitely the case. If you ask majority of the foreign fans when and why they started supporting inter atleast 70% of them will tell you it was during the ronaldo era and because of ronaldo. Dude was ridiculously popular in those days...hell even today when you mention him most people picture him in our shirt because he came here in his prime...

thatdude
17 Jul 19, 02:07
Sad thing is Juve is doing the same thing right now with their own ronaldo

RickyMaravilla'sRightFoot
17 Jul 19, 04:06
i don't understand why this guy is so popular. Everytime i watch him im like :palm: and he also understands nothing about calcio tbh, he thinks to know things better then others. Like when he says that Juve wanted Icardi only because wanda said it.. he keeps talking only trash every video, so annoying

Dude is the embodiment of joy at times and pure misery at others, but truly loves inter. And Southern Italians have always been known for their general sympathetic qualities (eg. funny to a lot of Northern Italians).

iThrowRocksAtBlindKids
17 Jul 19, 05:36
Sad thing is Juve is doing the same thing right now with their own ronaldo

I don’t think it will end up being to the same extent, IMO. Cristiano Ronaldo is way past his trendsetting days. He’s ‘98, last shot, Jordan right now. All about getting the job done. His days of “be like Mike”, dunking from the free throw line are over. People knew his move to Juve was only going to be temporary from the start. If they fail again this year in the UCL, I wouldn’t be shocked if he left Italy. (My gut tells me for one last shot with Manchester United until he ultimately ends up in LA/MLS.) We’re also in the social media age, social media = bandwagon heaven. Unless he wins something major with Juve outside of Italy, most people will end up forgetting he even played for them...ala the Wizards.

His impact was made when he moved to Real Madrid; yeah I know, as if Real Madrid were lacking in that department to begin with.

rfU
17 Jul 19, 10:20

What is this based on and how did they arrive at that number? Ronaldo is my GOAT but this doesn't seem right.

InterFCAustin
20 Jul 19, 18:09
Did he play at all today?

TiGrr
20 Jul 19, 18:55
Did he play at all today?

He came in around 73th min

qb4ever_2k
22 Jul 19, 15:58
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a01yGtoStQE

Can see why his introduction video was about a tackle.

Palacio
22 Jul 19, 16:04
Why didn't he start against man u? If Conte doesn't like him why did we wasted almost 50m on him?

thatdude
22 Jul 19, 16:08
I hope you’re joking. He just joined, let him train for a week before we judge Conte not starting him in a preseason friendly

Palacio
22 Jul 19, 16:10
I hope you’re joking. He just joined, let him train for a week before we judge Conte not starting him in a preseason friendly
True but we are in a hurry to see what our midfield will look like next season.

Shark
22 Jul 19, 16:44
Candreva and Rano have some sort of beef? @0:18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a01yGtoStQE

Can see why his introduction video was about a tackle.

K.I.
22 Jul 19, 17:05
He shrugged his hands towards Rano, it kinda looked like he left him hanging, he looks excited though.

Gaindé
22 Jul 19, 18:08

Candreva is a dickh*ad.

TiGrr
22 Jul 19, 21:58

Cuntdreva is a piece of shit! Barella probably knows it and didn't even bother as you can see..

DARi0
24 Jul 19, 11:26
I guess it`s time to update my signature, we finally got him :proud:

Did you know you`re a grandfather? :trolldad:

Barella: Inter or nothing

Nicolo Barella has revealed that he would have stayed at Cagliari if a move to Inter did not happen.

Barella was courted by Napoli in January, while Roma were hoping to capitalise on the protracted nature of Inter’s negotiations with Cagliari.

However, the midfielder ultimately joined the Nerazzurri in a €50m deal and he is delighted to be at the disposal of Antonio Conte.

“Conte called me while I was on holiday and it was gratifying,” he told Corriere dello Sport.

“It makes you feel important if one of the best Coaches in the world wants you in his squad.

“Certainly this is the hardest training regime I’ve been on, together with the famous steps of Zeman. The intensity is always high, and you run with and without the ball.

“The first few days of training were tough. He’s obsessive in everything he does and he really leaves nothing to chance.

“I’d shared a very specific program with Cagliari, which was that I’d stay until June, and then we’d establish together what to do next.

“I knew Napoli were interested in me, but I never thought about changing clubs in the winter.

“It’s true that I rejected a lucrative offer from Napoli, but I’ve never thought about money in my career.

“I’ve always prioritised ambition and the welfare of my family. Money comes second.

“President Giulini had an agreement with Roma, but I explained to him that if he couldn’t find an agreement with Inter, I would’ve stayed at Cagliari.

“I didn’t have to leave home. I was calm and I wasn’t in a hurry, but luckily the two clubs then came to an agreement.

“I didn’t want to leave at all costs, but Inter’s offer was an opportunity I couldn’t miss for the sake of my career.”

Given the 22-year-old is Cagliari born and bred, is it a case of ‘goodbye’ to the Sardinians or ‘see you later’?

“In football, anything can happen. I’ve left my doors open. At the time of my transfer to Inter, both Giulini and I were happy.

“We’re on good terms, we wished each other good luck and I hope Cagliari achieve their objectives this season.

“I know some of their fans didn’t take my exit well but, even if there are whistles directed at me, I won’t go against my people. I’ll accept everything that comes my way.

“I have a strong bond with Sardinia and I’m sorry if some people didn’t understand my choice.

“I’ve always given everything to Cagliari and now I’ll do the same with Inter because I’m a professional.”

Found the complete interview in CdS, adding the rest:

What were the most beautiful messages you received after going to Inter?
“There were many but there were also some messages that I expected but did not come. From those I will not say. The most beautiful ones are from Conti, Deiola and Ceppitelli.”

If and when all the bonuses are activated, you could become the most expensive player in the history of Inter.
“In the past, you had players that were worth more than me proportionally, like for example Vieri of 20 years ago. For me, paying that kind of money to sign me is a great stimulus to always do better.”

What does it say about your career now that you are here at Inter?
“I think I did very well at the Rossoblu to win a spot in the national team, it was such an honor. Now, a new chapter in my sporting life begins: Inter convinced me with a serious and ambitious project. I too am ambitious. The Nerazzurri were always my first choice, this is the ideal club for me to work and improve.”

You said that you are ambitious. What kind of objective do you have?
“Conte is a winner and everyone wants to win here. Logically, we want to do better than last season but when we have a coach like him, the objective is to win.”

Juventus remain Scudetto favorite.
“It’s a great team and they are an important organization. But they will not have an easy time because they have a new coach who will bring new ideas compared to the past. We will keep up with them.”

Do you like the project that Inter have to become more Italian?
“This is the choice of the club and so it’s not for me to say. But the more Italian this team is, the better. Stefano and I just got here, but there are also Politano, Gagliardini, Ranocchia, D’Ambrosio. They have given me a nice hand to settle well here.”

When there is no Brozovic, the Inter midfield could be that of the Italian national team with Gagliardini, Sensi and Barella?
“Yes, that could happen even though there are also Verratti and Jorginho. The three of us have known each other for a long time and we are well together. But Brozo is important for the team and his absence would be dearly missed.”

Your idol is Stankovic. Why?
“Because I have always tried to play like him in the way that on the pitch there is no such thing as friendly and you always go hard, without saving yourselves. Stankovic then added to these values a great shot from outside the box, something I always envy.”

Is it true that there are many Interisti in your family?
“It’s something that has been highly discussed. Some of my cousins and uncles are Interisti but my father roots for Cagliari. But now he will also root for Inter and will continue following the Rossoblu.”

Why did you choose the number 24 shirt?
“I still don’t know if that will be my shirt number. I took it because it was the day that my first daughter, Rebecca, was born. The other, Lavinia, was born on the 18, the number that I had in Cagliari and the national team.”

Why did you have the number 18 in Sardinia?
“The president gave it to me and I was convinced that it would bring me good luck. I listened and luckily he wasn’t wrong.”

In these years in Serie A, you have learned on how to improve your abilities and to score more. What is the next step for you?
“To score even more goals because last year I only got one but I struck the posts five times. I was a bit unlucky. I hope that not only I can help Inter by doing a lot of running but also my goals.”

You arrived at Inter in the summer that Nainggolan is now not in the club’s project.
“With Radja, we share the same agent but he is also my friend. We are from the same city because he adapted Cagliari to be his own. And we often visit it. I love him.”

How important is the Italian national team shirt for your maturation?
“It’s very important and it’s an honor for me. I am happy for the trust that Mancini has given me, allowing me to play next to Jorginho and Verrati. Both of them help me tremendously to get better, to be ready for Inter. Playing next to two champions makes me understand how to play at high level.”

You played at home for the U-21 European Championship. What went wrong?
“The lack of qualification for the semifinals and therefore the Olympics was double regret because we could have done better. On the last day, we were not in charge of our own destiny and that at that point, it was normal for two teams to go through after a draw. Regardless of the elimination, there are great players in Italy.”

What is Barella off the pitch? Those who are around you know that you have passion for NBA and your dog Lebron?
“Why do you think I called him that? I am a Lebron fan and I’m crazy for him.”

Your other passion is tattoos?
“I have 10: the most important are the face of my wife, the first picture with my daughter. Then we have one with my parents and one for my dog. Now I will get one for my other daughter, Lavinia.”

Do you have place to tattoo a trophy?
“I have my whole body. The only football related tattoo that I have right now is the bicycle kick goal for Italy.”

Have you found a home in Milan?
“I’m still looking. By the way, if someone wants to help me…”

I believe this only underlines what I`ve been suspecting for a long time: he is the real deal, true character, exactly what kind of men we need. Yes, Nicolò is a 22-year old man, with 2 children already - so he knows what responsibility is.

nurko
24 Jul 19, 11:39
I believe this only underlines what I`ve been suspecting for a long time: he is the real deal, true character, exactly what kind of men we need. Yes, Nicolò is a 22-year old man, with 2 children already - so he knows what responsibility is.

And Icardi is head and shoulders above Nicolo's level of responsibility :D

Nyall
24 Jul 19, 18:27
Barella isn't ready to be the best midfielder on a Champions League team yet.

He needs to have other talent around him to reach his best

vitomins
24 Jul 19, 18:35
Barella isn't ready to be the best midfielder on a Champions League team yet.

He needs to have other talent around him to reach his best

Brozovic and Sensi are both talented and they could form a nice trio. Nothing world class obviously, but it would be a major upgrade over what we have seen the last few years.

Nyall
24 Jul 19, 18:36
Brozovic and Sensi are both talented and they could form a nice trio. Nothing world class obviously, but it would be a major upgrade over what we have seen the last few years.

Not really seeing how Sensi-Brozovic-Barella is better than Vecino-Radja-Brozovic, much less a major upgrade.

vitomins
24 Jul 19, 19:15
Not really seeing how Sensi-Brozovic-Barella is better than Vecino-Radja-Brozovic, much less a major upgrade.

Seriously?

Nyall
26 Jul 19, 04:01
Is Sensi a better player than Vecino?

Is Barella better than Radja?

RickyMaravilla'sRightFoot
26 Jul 19, 04:11

You have to evaluate the midfield as a unit. Certainly Radja at his best is better than any midfielder we have, but he's not at his best. Vecino we know is a physical presence and little else.
Brozovic, Barella, and Sensi are all comfortable on the ball and have good positional sense. That counts for a lot. They'll be able to move the ball together more effectively than the aforementioned midfield.

CoolMan44
26 Jul 19, 04:42

Sensi is definitely better than Vecino. The fact that he can pass the ball and receive it already makes him better. Half the time the ball comes to Vecino it looks like it's bouncing off a piece of wood.

Is Barella better than Roma Nainggolan? No. Is he better than last year's Nainggolan? Yes. I love Radja but he looked like he couldn't run in 90% of the games past season. I wish he was the old Radja but I don't think he'll ever get back to that physically.

Sassuolu
26 Jul 19, 10:31
I've been more impressed by Sensi so far but Barella seems to come on when our second string is on the pitch so there isn't much to judge him on.

forzainter257
26 Jul 19, 10:33

I don't know if there is a player who is worse than Vecino

Sassuolu
26 Jul 19, 10:36
Why is there this stupid argument comparing midfields? Barella and Sensi add much needed options to our midfield and there will be different combinations throughout the year.

Gaindé
26 Jul 19, 10:42
I don't know if there is a player who is worse than Vecino

Your statement implies that Vecino is a football player.
Seeing how he does his best to avoid touching the ball, I would'nt say so.

forzainter257
26 Jul 19, 12:50
Your statement implies that Vecino is a football player.
Seeing how he does his best to avoid touching the ball, I would'nt say so.

he has a very rare characteristic - to score destiny changing goals sometimes. And it makes us eat the bait

Palacio
26 Jul 19, 13:00
he has a very rare characteristic - to score destiny changing goals sometimes. And it makes us eat the bait
Vecino and Nainnggolan were given an unfair advantage to be near the opponent goal all the time and they were doing hardly any defensive duties, so why wouldn't they score? But give the same chances to any other player (except Candreva and Mario) and they would score at least twice as many goals if not more.

forzainter257
26 Jul 19, 13:15
I don't give a damn shit about his goals, neither do I care about goals scored by Gags. Both score tap-ins...I only rate them for their presence in midfield and Gagliardini is better in that component. I would keep Gags for a backup role and get rid of Vecino in a heartbeat

Gaindé
26 Jul 19, 13:28
+1000 Gagliardini is way more useful than Vecino. 90 minutes of hiding 1 minute of playing football. That's why Gaglia makes more mistakes than him, he is way more involved in the game.

Nyall
26 Jul 19, 14:04
Yikes..

Two meaningless games that we lost against two opponents that were barely even trying and our new signings are getting overrated to the moon... like every summer in FIF.

It's funny seeing the same people posting and thanking all sorts of posts of our midfield being this "unit" are in the Transfer Section posting how they're pissed off that we didn't spend 75 million to get SMS. :lol:

You guys aren't even trying to be consistent. If Sensi - Brozovic - Barella is good enough, why are y'all asking for another midfielder? I've been against the Vecino signing from Day One..

This was my post about his arrival:

What does he add to this team to be excited about?

Which of our midfielders is he an improve over?

So our midfield is now 2/3 the midfield of the team that finished 8th.

Again what is there to be excited about? Fiorentina should be the ones celebrating right now. They're making more money for their underachievers than we're able to get for ours.

when the same people shitting all over Vecino today, were saying things like..

Brozovic and Kondogbia easily. He's also probably currently better than Gagliardini, but I like Gagliardini a lot and think he has very high potential.

He add consistency , regularity , technicality and complementarity with Valero.

in summer 2015, Juve bought Palermo top scorer (Dybala), and this summer they bought a winger for 40M from "the team that finished 8th".

Spalletti and Sabatini knows much better than you all what they are doing.

I can`t wait until he makes his contesters shut up with his consistent performances on the pitch :cool:

Many are worried that they never heard of him, but that`s the way to go if you want good players for reasonable prices. People need to chill as we have Sabatini now taking care of the transfers. :datass:

---
Needless to say, Sensi falls within exactly that category of player. What makes Vecino better is his ability to somehow score goals in big and important games. At no point in Sensi's career to this point has he ever shown to be capable of doing that. He's also never shown himself to ever be a player conducive to his team scoring goals, and he's gonna carry that from Sassuolo to Inter.

Wobblz
26 Jul 19, 14:10
They are undoubtedly good signings, that doesn't mean we aren't a greedy bunch now, does it?

Palacio
26 Jul 19, 15:58
Nyall, if you want to do things your way at Inter, buy the club and do whatever you want with it.

Lui
26 Jul 19, 16:34
Or hug a puppy.

Too early to make an assessment, but I'm pleased with the fact that they're moving constantly, alert to what's around them, and opening up for passing option. No one was moving last year, it was pass-and -stare and our possession statistics flattered us because the only way we got the ball forward was through politano.

Nyall
26 Jul 19, 16:49
Nyall, if you want to do things your way at Inter, buy the club and do whatever you want with it.

:rollani:

Praise everything the club does, not matter how stupid or buy it.

Palacio
26 Jul 19, 19:00

Speedwise and workratewise each of them is a lot better than their counter part.

Bluenine
26 Jul 19, 20:00

You are right. Its not a major upgrade, or even an upgrade quality wise. However the new midfield is more suitable for Conte in terms of their work rate, discipline and intensity. Also, Conte has made it clear that Nainggolan needs to be replaced and if we replace him well, that midfield will be an upgrade from last season. For e.g.:

Bro-Barella-Vidal-Sensi-Vecino-Gags will be a decent upgrade on Bro-9G-Vecino-Valero-Gags-Mario.

Bro-Barella-SMS-Sensi-Vecino-Gags will be a MAJOR upgrade.

AntonTheGreat
26 Jul 19, 20:24
So some people on this forum went from underrating players like Sensi and Barella, to overrating Naingollan (I mean, I know he had his injury and off the field issues but did anyone even watch him last season) and FUCKING Vecino?? If you do not see Brozo-Barella-XX/Sensi as an improvement over fucking Vecino and a half assed Naingollan… just wow.

Holy shit its comical here at FIF.

n4l
26 Jul 19, 22:56
So some people on this forum went from underrating players like Sensi and Barella, to overrating Naingollan (I mean, I know he had his injury and off the field issues but did anyone even watch him last season) and FUCKING Vecino?? If you do not see Brozo-Barella-XX/Sensi as an improvement over fucking Vecino and a half assed Naingollan… just wow.

Holy shit its comical here at FIF.

Well...at the same time, you are totally undervaluing the fact that the players you're shitting on have actually played competitive games for Inter. Under Inter pressure, booing from fans for every single mis-touch etc.. When Sensi and Barella deal with that and come out ahead, then we can exalt them.

Until then, they literally have no idea what it is to play for Inter and you can't say they're better than those who have played for us.

Go look at vecino and gags play before coming to Inter and they look like bosses too.

andrei
26 Jul 19, 23:23
Well...at the same time, you are totally undervaluing the fact that the players you're shitting on have actually played competitive games for Inter. Under Inter pressure, booing from fans for every single mis-touch etc.. When Sensi and Barella deal with that and come out ahead, then we can exalt them.

Until then, they literally have no idea what it is to play for Inter and you can't say they're better than those who have played for us.

Go look at vecino and gags play before coming to Inter and they look like bosses too.

Vecino and Gags were bosses!!! Are you fucking high or what!

AntonTheGreat
27 Jul 19, 00:40

I am not undervaluing them at all. I just think from a technical standpoint and on paper they are large improvements and good investments.

You are correct. We do not know how the new kids will play for Inter. But as you said, gaglia and vecino were bosses before and crumbled under the pressure of Inter. Not only is it false that they were ever boss at anything, but people at the very least owe themselves to use your evaluation. Gaglia and Vecino have both been shit for a good chunk of their Inter careers. They deserve to be shit on based on what they've shown us all. Yet your saying these exciting young prospects who have yet to play are not at the very least a slight upgrade to the shit you've seen from said players. An "upgrade" is obviously an opinion until we see them all play together for Inter. Vecino and Gaglia for the most part have shown they can't handle the pressure you mentioned, the prospects (top rated Italian ones at that) at least deserve a chance to see if they can.

n4l
27 Jul 19, 01:04
Vecino and Gags were bosses!!! Are you fucking high or what!

Really? Let's just say Vecino at fiorentina was far more impressive than sensi @ sass and barella @ cagliari....combined. Far better midfielder. If you disagree, then no need to continue discussing.

I am not undervaluing them at all. I just think from a technical standpoint and on paper they are large improvements and good investments.

You are correct. We do not know how the new kids will play for Inter. But as you said, gaglia and vecino were bosses before and crumbled under the pressure of Inter. Not only is it false that they were ever boss at anything, but people at the very least owe themselves to use your evaluation. Gaglia and Vecino have both been shit for a good chunk of their Inter careers. They deserve to be shit on based on what they've shown us all. Yet your saying these exciting young prospects who have yet to play are not at the very least a slight upgrade to the shit you've seen from said players. An "upgrade" is obviously an opinion until we see them all play together for Inter. Vecino and Gaglia for the most part have shown they can't handle the pressure you mentioned, the prospects (top rated Italian ones at that) at least deserve a chance to see if they can.

My point is, you cannot already say this midfield is better than previous midfield, because you don't know how sensi and barella will react to playing for Inter under heavy microscope and scrutiny. The same technical qualities that you rave about, it's easy to overlook the mistakes/inconsistency when they're playing for sass and cag and you're not watching their every single play in every single game. It's no different to the technical qualities of gags and vecino at atalanta and fio. They were impressive for those teams and looked far more technically competent than the players we had before (guarin, kuzmanovic etc.).

But when they come here and you are literally watching every single touch, every single move they make, and that losing the ball, misplacing a pass, miscontrolling a ball has far more consequences than at a smaller team, that technical proficiency is then challenged and the question then becomes, is their technical quality good enough for this level or not.

Until they've done it here (or at this level), I will not exalt them as already being 'better'.

nurko
27 Jul 19, 07:45
The only thing Vecino can contribute more than Sensi and/or Barella is physicality. Regardless how combative Barella is, players like Rabiot, Khedira and Can are going to win physical duels rather easily.
When it comes to passing, crossing, tackling, team play and link up, Vecino is behind. I don't care if he had couple of good games at Fiorentina, Vecino we saw at Inter shows very little quality.

CafeCordoba
27 Jul 19, 07:49
Point was we have seen zero games from Barella or Sensi at Inter.

AntonTheGreat
27 Jul 19, 08:56
Point was we have seen zero games from Barella or Sensi at Inter.

Other point was we have seen plenty of games by the players being criticised. (gaglia, Vecino, borja, n9) But I agree we can't say anything outside of opinion until they play some games in our shirt. Their end product under Spaletti deserves the criticism and it doesn't surprise me people believe Sensi and Barella are an upgrade to that.

Universe
27 Jul 19, 08:59
The way we've been this decade, even if we sign Messi + Neymar we'd have to wait and see how they play in our shirt.

andrei
27 Jul 19, 10:03
Really? Let's just say Vecino at fiorentina was far more impressive than sensi @ sass and barella @ cagliari....combined. Far better midfielder. If you disagree, then no need to continue discussing.

My point is, you cannot already say this midfield is better than previous midfield, because you don't know how sensi and barella will react to playing for Inter under heavy microscope and scrutiny. The same technical qualities that you rave about, it's easy to overlook the mistakes/inconsistency when they're playing for sass and cag and you're not watching their every single play in every single game. It's no different to the technical qualities of gags and vecino at atalanta and fio. They were impressive for those teams and looked far more technically competent than the players we had before (guarin, kuzmanovic etc.).

But when they come here and you are literally watching every single touch, every single move they make, and that losing the ball, misplacing a pass, miscontrolling a ball has far more consequences than at a smaller team, that technical proficiency is then challenged and the question then becomes, is their technical quality good enough for this level or not.

Until they've done it here (or at this level), I will not exalt them as already being 'better'.

Fiorentina, those years have a midfield of Borja- Badelj-Vecino, and our fucker was the worst from that trio. As a impact on that team he was behind Bernardeschi, Ilicic, Kalinic, Borja or Badelj. He was the definition of mediocrity even there. None of us probably really knows who he was! I mean not the name, but what kind of player he is, what are his strengths, and so on! That was one of the most senseless transfer in the last decade! To pay 24m for this idiot!

Barella and Sensi even if they come from small teams, were their more important player in those teams! How their game will translate, we don't know, but the qualities are there!

vex
27 Jul 19, 10:54
Fiorentina, those years have a midfield of Borja- Badelj-Vecino, and our fucker was the worst from that trio. As a impact on that team he was behind Bernardeschi, Ilicic, Kalinic, Borja or Badelj. He was the definition of mediocrity even there. None of us probably really knows who he was! I mean not the name, but what kind of player he is, what are his strengths, and so on! That was one of the most senseless transfer in the last decade! To pay 24m for this idiot!

Barella and Sensi even if they come from small teams, were their more important player in those teams! How their game will translate, we don't know, but the qualities are there!

Everything you said about vecino translates really well with my opinion on gagliardini.:D

I don't think vecino was that senseless, he had a clause we paid for it, and he scored some important goals for us, one of them was one of the most important goals in our recent history which gave us opportunity to further improve our team, which didn't happen btw.Yeah he doesn't excel in anything particular, but he played his role, and was somewhat useful given his mentioned contribution. Wtf was gagliardinis contribution, scoring two goals against ten man genoa?

MusicalMafia
27 Jul 19, 17:09
Didn't watch the game today, how was he?

vex
27 Jul 19, 17:18
Didn't watch the game today, how was he?

Solid, currently his biggest issue is fitness level, which is understandable, he came late to our preseason, once that's fixed he will be fine.

CoolMan44
27 Jul 19, 18:09
Everything you said about vecino translates really well with my opinion on gagliardini.:D

I don't think vecino was that senseless, he had a clause we paid for it, and he scored some important goals for us, one of them was one of the most important goals in our recent history which gave us opportunity to further improve our team, which didn't happen btw.Yeah he doesn't excel in anything particular, but he played his role, and was somewhat useful given his mentioned contribution. Wtf was gagliardinis contribution, scoring two goals against ten man genoa?

You're looking only at goals scored as a measure it seems. The season before last, our only good period after the winter disaster was with Brozovic/Gagliardini starting and not Vecino. Vecino did score a really important goal but he also got sent off in a really important game for us in the first 15 minutes of the game - prior to that he hadn't even started in months. So he could have "cost" us that spot as well.

Vecino under Spaletti also had a role where he could easily leave a gaping hole in the midfield to join the attack so it would make sense that he would have more scoring chances.

qb4ever_2k
29 Jul 19, 12:54
Was on point with his touches and won quite a few balls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmTuUDoqtWY

Inter7
29 Jul 19, 13:29
Had nice flick over opposition players. He takes a small touch and lifts it over players. Other than that has a good shot on goal saved and played well. Will only grow in our shirt.

DARi0
30 Jul 19, 13:13
Cagliari president just confirmed that Barella rejected Atlético Madrid in order to stay at Cagliari. I guess this was not during this summer, but still, he held on until we came for him. We already know that he rejected Liverpool and Napoli during winter.

Pajo
30 Jul 19, 13:20
Poor kid :lol:

dax21
30 Jul 19, 13:48
Wtf was gagliardinis contribution, scoring two goals against ten man genoa?

Slightly unfair given how Vecino got far more minutes than Gagliardini did this last season. Not that I consider Gagliardini that much better, but merely trying to be objective.

MusicalMafia
30 Jul 19, 17:55
Was on point with his touches and won quite a few balls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmTuUDoqtWY

Was expecting slightly more offensively but I love how he gives us more ball control in the centre of the pitch. The Nico-Brozo-Sensi trio might make it extremely good in that regard. That should be quite refreshing after the time with Spalletti.

Universe
30 Jul 19, 18:00
Was expecting slightly more offensively but I love how he gives us more ball control in the centre of the pitch. The Nico-Brozo-Sensi trio might make it extremely good in that regard. That should be quite refreshing after the time with Spalletti.

Don't. He doesn't really contribute much in offense. Simply not that kind of player.

thatdude
30 Jul 19, 18:12
Exactly.

Brozo will be the deep guy, Barella will work box to box, and Sensi or whoever the 3rd midfielder is will be more attacking. Barella will get the odd goal but he’s not really an attack minded player.

Kev9Inter
30 Jul 19, 18:38
Exactly.

Brozo will be the deep guy, Barella will work box to box, and Milinkovic-Savic will be more attacking. Barella will get the odd goal but he’s not really an attack minded player.

That's better :)

Sassuolu
01 Aug 19, 07:09
Exactly.

Brozo will be the deep guy, Barella will work box to box, and Sensi or whoever the 3rd midfielder is will be more attacking. Barella will get the odd goal but he’s not really an attack minded player.

Not exactly, now that we have a more technically gifted midfield the players can sometimes switch roles and we're not that dependent on Brozo.

phonk
05 Aug 19, 13:03
I think we should go for Cagliaris SD. Sold Barella for 45 mil or whatever it was and also got Nainggolan without even having to pay his full wages. Marotta got assblasted in the most barbaric way imaginable.

Palacio
05 Aug 19, 13:10
Nainngolan is a piece of junk. Barella isn’t worth 45m now but he has some qualities that can help us win something. Marotta did what I would do-- replacing a dying processor with a new one.

ElDuccio
05 Aug 19, 13:10
I think we should go for Cagliaris SD. Sold Barella for 45 mil or whatever it was and also got Nainggolan without even having to pay his full wages. Marotta got assblasted in the most barbaric way imaginable.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/l1J9GtzSAZ8qJocDe/giphy.gif

Wallace
10 Aug 19, 23:41
Putting this here, I have a bad feeling Vecino is the starter and he’s the vice Vecino.

Please I hope I am very wrong about this.

Palacio
10 Aug 19, 23:57
I am almost sure he will be a bench player judging by what I have seen from him so far. But I really hope Conte gives him minutes when we are winning.

Inter7
11 Aug 19, 00:01
I think he will be a starter. Looked solid today

Harpsabu
11 Aug 19, 09:44
We cant spend 50m on a bench player. He has to start or what the fuck was the point.

Mad Biscione
11 Aug 19, 09:59
We cant spend 50m on a bench player. He has to start or what the fuck was the point.

He already lost half the value, bench is fine :trolldad: #InterEffect

.h.
11 Aug 19, 10:17
barella has definitely been brought in as a starter. it might not be the first few months, but we arent spending 50mil on someone to be a starter in 2-3 seasons time.

wera
11 Aug 19, 10:27
we bought him so we can sell him next summer to Arsenal or Manchester United

Candreva Crosses
11 Aug 19, 10:51
If Spalletti made Brozovic this good I hope Conte can atleast make Barella good...

n4l
11 Aug 19, 12:24
If Spalletti made Brozovic this good I hope Conte can atleast make Barella good...

Except Spallo didn't do a single good thing here, according to the #ConteisGOD fanatics. He didn't improve any players. Defense wasn't that good. We never really pressed opponents as good as Conte is doing it and so on...

andrei
11 Aug 19, 13:14
Except Spallo didn't do a single good thing here, according to the #ConteisGOD fanatics. He didn't improve any players. Defense wasn't that good. We never really pressed opponents as good as Conte is doing it and so on...

Slowly you are turning into a "mini Brehme" here!
Nobody says Spalletti didn't do a single good thing here! More or less subjectively he had the recognition for the good things he achieved here.

forzainter257
11 Aug 19, 13:30
"mini brehme" you made my day bro :lol:

thatdude
11 Aug 19, 13:31
Barella will be fine, he is 22 and will have time to grow into this side. He is a few years away from peaking no doubt but he will be a starter this year 100% unless someone flat out outperforms him. If they do then great we just have more depth but long term Barella is our guy for RCM position.

Palacio
11 Aug 19, 14:41
Barella will be fine, he is 22 and will have time to grow into this side. He is a few years away from peaking no doubt but he will be a starter this year 100% unless someone flat out outperforms him. If they do then great we just have more depth but long term Barella is our guy for RCM position.

No doubt about that. The only thing I am worried about is if he doesn't use the chances well and doesn't adapt to Conte's system fast, he many not have many chances with Conte. Sensi impressed many of us in a a few minutes. Barella should do the same or he will be in trouble. Conte is no Spalletti. Losing points will certainly not be tolerated.

Jacquez
11 Aug 19, 17:41
I have not been impressed by him this pre-season, and even though I sincerely hope he proves me wrong, I strongly anticipate that he will be the victim of prepubescent namecalling (such as Nicolol Badella etc.) on this forum due to his lack of creativity and initiative in the final third.

Batman
11 Aug 19, 18:16
I have not been impressed by him this pre-season, and even though I sincerely hope he proves me wrong, I strongly anticipate that he will be the victim of prepubescent namecalling (such as Nicolol Badella etc.) on this forum due to his lack of creativity and initiative in the final third.

Hope JJM doesnt read this

thatdude
11 Aug 19, 18:18
I get the odd feeling here some people almost want him to flop. He’s had like 3 friendly performances none in which he was bad and already negativity.

William
11 Aug 19, 18:25
The fear of success!!

Palacio
11 Aug 19, 19:55
The fear of success!!
It's more like fear of expensive players who don't impress right away.

Wallace
11 Aug 19, 21:42
The thing with Vecino is he has attacking directness and is physically imposing inside the box.

With a lack of right attacking personnel on both wings, we are likely to resort to using Vecino as a third attacking option, as weird as that may sound.

Unfortunately, “not bad” is not sufficient to break the Vecino curse.

Palacio
11 Aug 19, 21:46
Vecino's main weakness (other than speed) is, as Uni once noted, his low accuracy.

n4l
11 Aug 19, 21:48
I get the odd feeling here some people almost want him to flop. He’s had like 3 friendly performances none in which he was bad and already negativity.

ridiculous assertion...

Wallace
11 Aug 19, 21:49
Of course I know what his weakness is.

But having the option that has some probability of being a threat or scoring a goal is better than none.

thatdude
11 Aug 19, 22:21
ridiculous assertion...

People coming up with nicknames he will be called if he’s shit after limited preseason minutes is ridiculous.

While we’re speaking about ridiculous assertions...

Thinking people think every move done by Marotta the “elite sports CEO” is a good move is also ridiculous.

Thinking everyone thinks Spalletti did nothing and Conte is a savior is also...I think you see where I’m going here.

Kakaroto
11 Aug 19, 22:21

Not just him the whole team. They’ll be miserable if the team does good.

thatdude
11 Aug 19, 22:28
Not just him the whole team. They’ll be miserable if the team does good.

I think the shit we’ve been through as inter fans has just turned a lot of people into masochists. They’re afraid of getting their hopes up because they’ve been crushed so many times.

n4l
12 Aug 19, 00:47
People coming up with nicknames he will be called if he’s shit after limited preseason minutes is ridiculous.

While we’re speaking about ridiculous assertions...

Thinking people think every move done by Marotta the “elite sports CEO” is a good move is also ridiculous.

Thinking everyone thinks Spalletti did nothing and Conte is a savior is also...I think you see where I’m going here.

You're a smart enough person...not sure why you even think this a comparison...

On one hand, very few will disagree that Barella, through the preseason:
- has GENERALLY not been impressive, regardless of his price
- has definitely not looked anywhere near as impressive to justify his price
- has been definitely outperformed by another midfielder, 1/2 his price, in every facet of midfield play (pick anything, Sensi has been better)

Yes it's preseason and he will be evaluated come full season. But that's where it's at.

ONE person said based on that, and IF he turns out to be shit, that here are possible nicknames. If....

Now, I can show you dozens of posts by quite a bit more than one poster who have praised every single move made by Marotta. Similarly, already exhalting "we are better" than with Spalletti after same said pre-season games. I mean, I can't remember if it was here or #FiFonWhatsApp, but somebody was lauding our pressing game under Conte (in the same preseason) and saying we never pressed like that before and acted totally incredulous when I said we were already pretty good at pressing under Spallo :lol:

No if's....

At the end of the day, nobody wants barella to fail. We need him to succeed and quite frankly, exceed. Become a world class player. We need every single transfer to succeed, particularly expensive ones. So it is indeed, a ridiculous assertion to say 'people' want him to fail.

Lui
12 Aug 19, 01:27
Brain storming some possible names and it's hard to find a good one common with FIF tradition

Ba-retard
Shit-ella
Bareshit
Cuntella
Barecunt
Cunt
Shit
Shitcunt

Barella can never be shit.

Ed.
12 Aug 19, 01:30
Brain storming some possible names and it's hard to find a good one common with FIF tradition

Ba-retard
Shit-ella
Bareshit
Cuntella
Barecunt
Cunt
Shit
Shitcunt

Dumbrella

Candreva Crosses
12 Aug 19, 02:41
Dumbrella

That makes me think of D'ambrosio...

snake
12 Aug 19, 05:11
As I said in our Whatsapp group, Barella will be benched by Vecino.

qb4ever_2k
12 Aug 19, 05:36

Ba-retard
Shit-ella
Bareshit
Cuntella
Barecunt
Cunt
Shit
Shitcunt

Bare cunt takes it for me :lol:

I'mNewHere
12 Aug 19, 08:05
XD

Give him 1 official game, then you can trash him, Imagine he is Brazilian or Argentinian, now give him 2 games.

snake
13 Aug 19, 01:08
XD

Give him 1 official game, then you can trash him, Imagine he is Brazilian or Argentinian, now give him 2 games.

Look, you're new here, ill give him 3 games.

syrus
18 Aug 19, 14:26
Sounds like the lynch mob are ready sharping their Pitchfork's

Easy fellas ... Season has not started yet

Ziyad
18 Aug 19, 14:44
This is why we can’t have nice things ....

Bluenine
18 Aug 19, 18:16
Barella is 22. He is 2 years younger than Sensi, and the same age as Dimarco. Even if he takes a season to adjust into Inter, I wouldn't call that a failure. People already trashing him after a few friendlies are being ridiculous. Give him time. This is exactly why Inter need another midfielder (SMS or Vidal) so that Barella can develop without the extra pressure.

These friendlies are not the first time we have seen Barella. We have seen enough of his games for Cagliari and Azzurri to know how much potential he has. Now its up to Inter to harness that talent.

Irequis
18 Aug 19, 18:40
Sounds like the lynch mob are ready sharping their Pitchfork's

Easy fellas ... Season has not started yet

Why not ? Lets forget all his performances with Cagliari & Italy and lets conclude he is trash by the brief preseason with the new environment and the new tactic. That's how internet works right ?

n4l
18 Aug 19, 19:49
Barella is 22. He is 2 years younger than Sensi, and the same age as Dimarco. Even if he takes a season to adjust into Inter, I wouldn't call that a failure. People already trashing him after a few friendlies are being ridiculous. Give him time. This is exactly why Inter need another midfielder (SMS or Vidal) so that Barella can develop without the extra pressure.

These friendlies are not the first time we have seen Barella. We have seen enough of his games for Cagliari and Azzurri to know how much potential he has. Now its up to Inter to harness that talent.

Or now it's time for Barella to take his talent and transition from 'potential' to 'real deal'.....

Universe
18 Aug 19, 20:16
Personally I question exactly how much or how good that talent is as well. I see a lot of nice things in how he plays, but nothing immensely valuable.

Wallace
18 Aug 19, 20:47
Exactly, the potential and the cost seems to be a mismatch.

GenDire
18 Aug 19, 21:00
Exactly, the potential and the cost seems to be a mismatch.

Sensi on the other hand...

H_D_Swagger
18 Aug 19, 21:04

Ba-retard
Shit-ella
Bareshit
Cuntella
Barecunt
Cunt
Shit
Shitcunt

Nichomo Retardella

I think Nicolol Badella was the best though.

Bluenine
18 Aug 19, 21:20
Personally I question exactly how much or how good that talent is as well. I see a lot of nice things in how he plays, but nothing immensely valuable.

I have been putting Barella in my hopeful Inter squads for a year now at FIF, so let me give you my response. I have seen quite a few of Cagliari games last season, mostly because of this kid. He is really good for his age. Even at 20-21, he could make very accurate long passes, not afraid to dive into challenges to win balls, and more importantly he was the engine room for Cagliari. Any player who can do that at that young an age is special. He is a modern midfielder, and plays at high work rate and intensity (too much sometimes, and is a bit hotheaded). But if he can replicate his Cagliari form at Inter in a year or two, he can go on to achieve peak Nainggolan-level. Thats how good I think he can become.

He is not a creative midfielder, so you won't see any impressive tricks on this compilation videos that todays Instagram generation uses to judge players. Give Barella time, he is the kind of player who will impress over the whole game. You can never foretell the success of a young player, football is funny like that, but I am quite confident about Barella. He is the real deal.

Wallace
18 Aug 19, 21:22
Sensi on the other hand...

People like to compare the two because we got them in the same window.

To me however, they are very different players. Sensi’s talent also manifested itself very explicitly, unlike the other.

n4l
18 Aug 19, 21:25
Definitely was NOT the engine room of cagliari.

Ed.
18 Aug 19, 21:31
Definitely was the engine room of Cagliari

ScottishInterista
18 Aug 19, 21:58
Definitely was NOT the engine room of cagliari.

Definitely was the engine room of Cagliari

I'm convinced

n4l
18 Aug 19, 22:13
Pick any of their games last season. They played 4-3-1-2 and barella was primarily LCM. Easily for over 90% of the games. A couple of games he was AM.

Their DM (mostly cigarini, sometimes bradaric) and ionita were the controllers of their game.

snake
19 Aug 19, 05:43
Just sayin...it's not too late to loan him for a year lols.

Mad Biscione
19 Aug 19, 07:17
I think Nicolol Badella was the best though.

FIF at its finest :oblivious:

Universe
19 Aug 19, 07:35
I have been putting Barella in my hopeful Inter squads for a year now at FIF, so let me give you my response. I have seen quite a few of Cagliari games last season, mostly because of this kid. He is really good for his age. Even at 20-21, he could make very accurate long passes, not afraid to dive into challenges to win balls, and more importantly he was the engine room for Cagliari. Any player who can do that at that young an age is special. He is a modern midfielder, and plays at high work rate and intensity (too much sometimes, and is a bit hotheaded). But if he can replicate his Cagliari form at Inter in a year or two, he can go on to achieve peak Nainggolan-level. Thats how good I think he can become.

He is not a creative midfielder, so you won't see any impressive tricks on this compilation videos that todays Instagram generation uses to judge players. Give Barella time, he is the kind of player who will impress over the whole game. You can never foretell the success of a young player, football is funny like that, but I am quite confident about Barella. He is the real deal.

I don't know what you mean when you say he can reach "peak-Nainggolan level" because the two are very different IMO. In terms of playing style? I don't see it. In terms of the effect Nainggolan had on the pitch? I still don't see it. A peak Nainggolan was able to use his stamina, physicality, power and potency to great effect at Roma. He was a leader on the pitch and had 14 goals + 7 assists in 16/17. Personally I am yet to see very many comparable or outstanding skills from Barella and therefore I have trouble seeing how he will put said skills to any great effect. (and when I say 'skills', obviously I am not referring to how many trivelas and step-overs he can do.)

You are right in saying he's not a creative midfielder, at least not consistently so. I have also noted his accurate long passes, but these are almost always sideways to switch possession from flank to flank. Even Medel was great at those. You are also right in saying he's hot headed, and that's an understatement if anything. He averages a yellow card every 3 games. If anything I consider Barella a very old fashioned midfielder, a vessel for the team to play through, one to influence the game subtly. I see (or saw) Nainggolan as the exact opposite, a super influential and dynamic mid who would grab the game by the scruff of the neck, get stuck in and lead the team. I don't see these qualities in Barella.

I'm not saying Barella is a bum. I'm saying at the price we paid for him, and considering the deficiencies of our midfield, he is an expensive luxury rather than desperately needed repairs. Barella, Brozovic and Sensi are all too similar (relatively speaking). We still lack that peak Nainggolan you mention and IMO Barella is not that and will never be that.

thatdude
19 Aug 19, 07:45
To be fair players develop and it’s hard to say just how much a player will because it depends on so many factors. When Nainggolan joined Roma he was just a tough tackling defensive box to box midfielder, I don’t think anyone thought he would ever be the type to score 16 goals in a season.

Same with Yaya Toure for example, remember when this guy joined city he was a DM and occasionally played CB at Barca. At City Mancini moves him higher up the pitch and he became probably the best all round midfielder in the league.

Not saying Barella will make that type of transformation but those players didn’t take that step forward until their prime years. The good thing about Barella and part of the reason we paid so much is that all his prime years will be spent here. It’s up to us and Barella to develop into a top player. However for once we won’t have a player we wish we would have signed 5-10 years ago like Cavani, Dzeko, Sanchez, etc.

CafeCordoba
19 Aug 19, 07:49
I think Barella will be just fine. He's going to take the starting spot eventually.

Wallace
19 Aug 19, 08:16
If only we have this groundless optimism in Sensi thread.

Anne Marie
19 Aug 19, 09:55
When Inter signs a 20 year old Messi: fif: who the fuck is Messi? Did he is good enough for that money?
When Inter sign a 30 year old Messi: fif: should have signed him 10 years ago, now he will be 40 in no time.

Joke aside. I just think about our starting material for midfield: Brozo, Sensi, Barella, and then Vecino, Valero. And we have three competitions. Even though the first three are a bit familiar but in a long season, it means we are insured. Also, to be honest, if Barella was ‘bad’ in a few friendlies then Sensi was also good in that very few friendlies. Things dont develop in a linear fashion. (Also I dont recall he was bad vs PsG).

And about money, in this current market, a 22 year old who was already played for The national team, 35m-40m is the norm.

rockball
19 Aug 19, 10:03
I don't know what you mean when you say he can reach "peak-Nainggolan level" because the two are very different IMO. In terms of playing style? I don't see it. In terms of the effect Nainggolan had on the pitch? I still don't see it. A peak Nainggolan was able to use his stamina, physicality, power and potency to great effect at Roma. He was a leader on the pitch and had 14 goals + 7 assists in 16/17. Personally I am yet to see very many comparable or outstanding skills from Barella and therefore I have trouble seeing how he will put said skills to any great effect. (and when I say 'skills', obviously I am not referring to how many trivelas and step-overs he can do.)

You are right in saying he's not a creative midfielder, at least not consistently so. I have also noted his accurate long passes, but these are almost always sideways to switch possession from flank to flank. Even Medel was great at those. You are also right in saying he's hot headed, and that's an understatement if anything. He averages a yellow card every 3 games. If anything I consider Barella a very old fashioned midfielder, a vessel for the team to play through, one to influence the game subtly. I see (or saw) Nainggolan as the exact opposite, a super influential and dynamic mid who would grab the game by the scruff of the neck, get stuck in and lead the team. I don't see these qualities in Barella.

I'm not saying Barella is a bum. I'm saying at the price we paid for him, and considering the deficiencies of our midfield, he is an expensive luxury rather than desperately needed repairs. Barella, Brozovic and Sensi are all too similar (relatively speaking). We still lack that peak Nainggolan you mention and IMO Barella is not that and will never be that.

I don't totally disagree with what you're saying. But till Nainggolan moved to Roma, he had scored a total of 7 goals for Cagliari in 4+ seasons. In 3 of those seasons, he played over 34 games scoring 5 goals. It was only in Roma where he became more of a prolific scorer. And he moved to Roma when he was 26.

The Nainggolan I remember at Cagliari isn't very different to the Barella of today. Of course he was more mature and a very intelligent player. While it's anybody's guess as to how Barella develops, I can bet that the Barella we see today is much better than what Nainggolan was when we was 21-22.

Wallace
19 Aug 19, 10:19
Also, to be honest, if Barella was ‘bad’ in a few friendlies then Sensi was also good in that very few friendlies. Things dont develop in a linear fashion. (Also I dont recall he was bad vs PsG).

Indeed, Barella can get exponentially bad and Sensi can get exponentially great.

Gaindé
19 Aug 19, 10:41
I don't really get why people say he has been bad. I watched all the games and he was neither especially bad nor especially good, he had a good game against PSG imo. He had pretty much no holidays after the competition with the Nazionale and he said the preparation was rough for him, I'm confident him and Sensi will be very interesting for us,

- - - Updated - - -

I don't really get why people say he has been bad. I watched all the games and he was neither especially bad nor especially good, he had a good game against PSG imo. He had pretty much no holidays after the competition with the Nazionale and he said the preparation was rough for him, I'm confident him and Sensi will be very interesting for us,

Wings
20 Aug 19, 08:24
I've seen little of Barella and none of our preseason, so have no opinion on him. But from what I do know he seems like the perfect type of player to flop at Inter - young, expensive, supposed game changer who relies on his physicality rather than technique.

I'mNewHere
20 Aug 19, 08:29
People who think Barella is not technically gifted, you are so fucking wrong it hurts my brain.

brehme1989
20 Aug 19, 08:33
People expecting him to contribute with a shitload of goals because of his price tag are going to have a hard time here.

It's not like he cannot do it, but it's not what he's done so far. He has the characteristics to step into the box a lot and we could use that in a 3-5-2 which could lead to 5-10 goals per season for such players, but he's much more suited in a deeper role.

.h.
20 Aug 19, 08:36
To be blunt that's exactly what we need. For nearly a decade weve been lacking a cohesive midfield- goals from midfield are a nice to have but having the skills to control a game and maintain possession is far more important.

Wallace
20 Aug 19, 08:46
I've seen little of Barella and none of our preseason, so have no opinion on him. But from what I do know he seems like the perfect type of player to flop at Inter - young, expensive, supposed game changer who relies on his physicality rather than technique.

He does have technique making long passes and nice touches. Not a 100% physical midfielder.

Game changing ability is not quite there yet though.

wera
20 Aug 19, 13:36
Yeah unless if you have a midfield like Real Madrid (Kroos, Isco, Casemiro, Modrić) where all of them are a goal threat, it's unfair to expect that from a squad player like Barella.

Him being not shit at stuff is enough at the moment.

Gaindé
20 Aug 19, 13:57

You picture him like a Medel while I believe he has way more passing quality as well as dribbling capacity. He doesn't have skills like SMS for example but he can hold the ball and escape with it when under pressure, he even does a couple sombreros from time to time. He is also a good addition because he is always ready to run for all the balls bouncing out of the opponent area whether it is for shooting or keeping possession. Way different tha Borja or Vecino who seem to do their best to stay away from the ball.

+ he is our fastest center midfielder.

n4l
20 Aug 19, 14:01
borja OR vaelro? :work:

Gaindé
20 Aug 19, 14:07
Edited. I meant Vecino but given that the two of them make me want to drink bleach I made the mistake...

Wings
20 Aug 19, 18:17
He does have technique making long passes and nice touches. Not a 100% physical midfielder.

Game changing ability is not quite there yet though.

You picture him like a Medel while I believe he has way more passing quality as well as dribbling capacity. He doesn't have skills like SMS for example but he can hold the ball and escape with it when under pressure, he even does a couple sombreros from time to time. He is also a good addition because he is always ready to run for all the balls bouncing out of the opponent area whether it is for shooting or keeping possession. Way different tha Borja or Vecino who seem to do their best to stay away from the ball.

+ he is our fastest center midfielder.

Show me where I said he has zero technique? If I thought he was another Medel I would have no hope for him at all. I'm hopeful but cautiously so.

Wallace
20 Aug 19, 20:36
Relies on physicality rather than technique.

That is implying he’s more closely resembling Medel’s group on a spectrum, also it’s not quite true, whether it’s absolute 0 technique or not.

ElDuccio
20 Aug 19, 21:37
People who think Barella is not technically gifted, you are so fucking wrong it hurts my brain.

I came here exactly to say this. Yes we will see if he scores and how much goals he will make. But talking about passing he is a great player that knows how to open spaces and helping the team to create something. The last games i watched him playing was at the national team. He's contribution for the team was really important. In the last games of the National team he was always one of the best on the field. Barella and Chiesa are the 2 players that can make the diffence, they are really unpredictable. The movements from Barella made our team look really better. Compared to the other midfielders he is for sure the best we have in the national team.
So what i wanted to say is that Barella is not only a good at takling like a lot of people here think, he offers much more.

On what he needs to improve is maybe the concentration. While he made a lot of good things in the offensive part, he also made some dumb mistakes in the defensive. Specialy in the U21 tournament. But he is still young and i can accept it as long he improves.

vex
20 Aug 19, 22:08
What he needs to change the most judging by the friendlies we played is his passiveness, with brozo and sensi i always have a feeling they are in the game, involved, I can feel their presence, with him not so much. I don't know if its because he plays alongside the players that like to have a ball in their feet or is it just him, but he needs to improve that.

Candreva Crosses
21 Aug 19, 00:32
People expecting him to contribute with a shitload of goals because of his price tag are going to have a hard time here.

It's not like he cannot do it, but it's not what he's done so far. He has the characteristics to step into the box a lot and we could use that in a 3-5-2 which could lead to 5-10 goals per season for such players, but he's much more suited in a deeper role.

What pricetag? That's not even expensive, well maybe in delusional fif members.

thatdude
21 Aug 19, 05:40
Preseason highlights

https://youtu.be/cPV-OXwhcsM

Gaindé
21 Aug 19, 06:49
What he needs to change the most judging by the friendlies we played is his passiveness, with brozo and sensi i always have a feeling they are in the game, involved, I can feel their presence, with him not so much. I don't know if its because he plays alongside the players that like to have a ball in their feet or is it just him, but he needs to improve that.

That's true but I think he is not completely fit, like Lautaro for example with the competition they played so it's not easy. When fit he will be all over the pitch . He brings a lot of activity in the midfield imo.

Bluenine
21 Aug 19, 10:32
Nainggolan only scored a lot of goals when Spalletti made him a false-AM at Roma. As a B2B player, Nainggolan was pretty much like Barella, of course a bit better and more of a leader as he was older. Barella has all those characteristics as a B2B player, and he also has a great shot. If Inter were still a Spalletti team, I can see Barella as a false-AM scoring a few. But in a Conte formation, he will be used purely as a B2B player and played deeper, just like he was at Cagliari and Italy. So we are unlikely to see many goals/assists, but that doesn't mean he is a bad player.

Barella has scope to improve and become like Nainggolan at his peak as a B2B midfielder, that was my point. He also has the potential to become as good as Nainggolan as a AM, but its unlikely he will be used that way under Conte.

ChillBro
21 Aug 19, 21:17
Breakout player for us this season. When he gets his chance - he will boss it. Can't wait.

Candreva Crosses
23 Aug 19, 04:05
Hopefully this will be Conte's Skriniar.

varmin
23 Aug 19, 09:16
I think he will be nothing spectacular this season.

wera
23 Aug 19, 12:26
This season's Kondogbia. A few good games but mostly shit.

Wobblz
23 Aug 19, 12:58
You'll be eating your words in no time.

brehme1989
23 Aug 19, 13:37
This season's Kondogbia. A few good games but mostly shit.

Wrong thread.

wera
23 Aug 19, 14:27
Every year we search for scapegoats midseason when it all goes to shit. He's not gonna play over Vecino imo

Sawyer
23 Aug 19, 17:25
Not heard much about Barella since he joined, must like to keep his head down and get on with it, I like this. He's going to be a great signing for us this season and he's Italian, bonus.

Candreva Crosses
23 Aug 19, 17:33
Every year we search for scapegoats midseason when it all goes to shit. He's not gonna play over Vecino imo

We have Candreva then, its ok.