PDA

View Full Version : Ashley Young

ADRossi
17 Jan 20, 19:20
MILAN – Ashley Young is officially an Inter player. The 34-year-old English defender arrives from Manchester United and has signed a contract lasting until 30 June 2020 with an option to extend for a further season.

“I want to become a professional footballer.” Ashley Young certainly had no need to repeat himself. He was just 16 years old, but readily admitted to his teacher at school that he had no plan B. Instead, his whole life was football ever since he joined the Stevenage Colts aged five, his local football team in the same town where Lewis Hamilton grew up, with both stars attending the same school.

But fast cars weren’t a priority for Ashley: for him it was all about football. Whether that was playing on the street with his brothers until it got dark, or in the living room, using the sofa as a goal. He used to dream of being as great as Ian Wright, the legendary Arsenal centre-forward. When he was ten, he jumped at the chance to train with Watford’s youth academy. Every day, he’d travel 40km there and 40km back, right up until the age 16. This was his first real test as a player and adolescent. It was also his first taste of being a part-time footballer, as he would attend school in the mornings before then training in the afternoon with Watford’s Under-16s and Under-17s. All the while, adults tried to explain to him that he should think of alternatives to football, although Young was determined throughout – a characteristic that has set him apart throughout his career.

This soon led to him making his debut at Watford, sealing promotion to the Premier League before then becoming Aston Villa’s most expensive signing in 2007. He was relentless, whether that be on the wing or in attack. Sir Alex Ferguson soon came calling in 2011 and since his move to the Red Devils, he made 261 appearances and scored 19 goals. His United honours’ list also includes one Premier League (2012/13, Sir Alex’s last league title), one FA Cup, one League Cup, three Community Shields and one Europa League.

As a speedy and skilful winger, he’s good at crossing and can beat a man. However, as he’s matured, so has his game, as he’s become increasingly defensive. An example of this has been his time spent at wing-back in a five-man midfield – a role embraced to such an extent that he was named as the best left-back at the 2018 World Cup.

Young now becomes the third English player to ever play for Inter, following in the footsteps of Gerry Hitchens and Paul Ince. The former played for Inter as a striker from 1961 to 1963, scoring 20 goals in 43 appearances while also winning one Scudetto. As for the Guv’nor, Ince spent two seasons at Inter from 1995 to 1997, making 73 appearances with a goalscoring tally of 13. As for Young’s international career, he’s scored seven goals in 39 matches for the Three Lions.

As a keen campaigner against racism, Young has led from the front for Manchester United – recently wearing the captain’s armband for the past three seasons. However, he’s now ready for a new adventure and on behalf of the entire Nerazzurri family, we’d like to wish our new signing all the very best.

#WelcomeAshley!

https://www.inter.it/en/news/2020/01/17/official-ashley-young-inter-player.html

Nero Indigo
17 Jan 20, 19:23
Y'all should welcome our ONLY signing of the winter transfer window :lol: :lol: :lol:

CafeCordoba
17 Jan 20, 19:24
Welcome! Don't let us down. Make us use the option for the extension year! :lol:

Delicate
17 Jan 20, 19:24
Run like a horse for half a year and then please leave room for Meunier.

crzdcolombian
17 Jan 20, 19:26
Will he be the new Naga and Vecino? That gets all the hate regardless of performance?

Bizarre signing

Il Drago
17 Jan 20, 19:30
Great choice of Young to choose #15. I guess he will follow in the footsteps of other great Inter players who chose that number.

Olivier Dacourt. Rene Krhin. Andrea Ranocchia. Vidic. Ansaldi.
Joao Mario. :lol:

eduzee
17 Jan 20, 19:30
Bench Biraghi please.

Tursan
17 Jan 20, 19:39
Welcome! Given the competition in our squad I expect you to start...

Jane The Virgin
17 Jan 20, 19:52
A very Patrice Evra @ Juve type of transfer.

Nothing against it to be honest. He is quality player. For ~15 games he should be good.

CoolMan44
17 Jan 20, 19:53
Fuck.

alvaro
17 Jan 20, 19:54
Nice 5 month holiday in the city of Milan and hopefully thats it.

acroMacho
17 Jan 20, 20:03
who cares about his age, he will be forever Young

ElDiego22
17 Jan 20, 20:04
Rather him than Sicknotezzola but this feel so uninspired.

brakbrak
17 Jan 20, 20:23
Fucking scrub,sadly we might be signing only scrubs this mercato (him and giroud)
Anyone knows what his salary is?

ElDiego22
17 Jan 20, 20:35
What I am feeling right nowhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200117/c38419e91254b156901c967bf6862df7.jpg

Guz
17 Jan 20, 20:55
Welcome, I guess.
Honestly, I'm not enthused by any of the wingbacks we've been linked to in this mercato, and Young makes no exception. I realise you can't be picky in January - especially when you're on a tight budged - but all these rumours for the WBs positions (both in and out) give me the feeling that we're just throwing shit against the walls in hopes some of it may stick. I can live with it as a short term solution, but I insist we should do whatever we can to take Meunier on a free for next season. Big Rom, put in a nice word, will you? And if we can't get the Belgian, we'll still need to sign at least one really good starting WB for next season. Assuming we'll stick with the 3-5-2 formation, that is.

As for Young, he could have easily signed the extension United offered him. The fact that he opted instead for a 6-months loan in a new Country and a new league during which he will have to earn himself a contract for next season at least shows a good degree of self-esteem on his part. But I didn't expect anything less from someone who was once shat in the mouth by a pigeon and still carried on playing as if nothing had happened. Anyway, we probably decided to sign him because Asamoah is so fucked up that our medical staff has lost all hope on him. I also think we wanted someone more experienced (at high levels) than Biraghi on the left, so I expect Young to play quite regularly until the end of the season.

Pajo
17 Jan 20, 21:13
Welcome. Not hyped at all but im open to surprises so surprise me. At least he is versatile and cheap.

Lui
17 Jan 20, 21:15
If this fuck has the legs and the balls to move forward on the pitch, hes gonna be our new favourite player.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

GenDire
17 Jan 20, 21:18
Didn't he only play on the right at United?

Seems less sensible if he is coming here just to replace Lazaro and give competition to Candreva

brehme1989
17 Jan 20, 21:50
Lol what a transfer

dax21
17 Jan 20, 21:59
Maybe you can break the curse of black players at Inter of the past decade.

Who am I kidding

crzdcolombian
17 Jan 20, 22:40
6 months... how much is he going to get paid?

Seems like a we need experience to win the title then he goes to the mls

ADRossi
17 Jan 20, 22:56

Who am I kidding

I can't wait until he's gets racially abused in about three weeks

varmin
17 Jan 20, 23:55
Apart of everything else, 6 months + 1 year option is a very good deal for us. If Ashley is able to fit in Conte's style, he'll be useful and could help us even next season. Otherwise he is leaving summer.

Universe
18 Jan 20, 00:03
Great choice of Young to choose #15. I guess he will follow in the footsteps of other great Inter players who chose that number.

He even looks exactly like Joao Mario from a distance. I can’t wait to see them playing together next season when Lokomotiv invariably choose not to sign him.

I was gonna say though, at least he had the dignity to pick a shit number.

Alex de Large
18 Jan 20, 00:23
How come that year option, is this a loan?

Lionheart
18 Jan 20, 00:27

Who am I kidding

Uhhh... Lukaku already did :work:

Joker
18 Jan 20, 00:32
Welcome Joao Mario look alike.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome Joao Mario look alike.

Ethor
18 Jan 20, 00:52
Why? Good luck and do us proud I guess.

I4E
18 Jan 20, 01:33
Don't embarrass yourself and especially don't embarrass us. Just do whatever the fuck you were brought here to do.

Not happy.

Fapuccino
18 Jan 20, 01:42
Hello Nemanja Young. We never learn do we?

I can't wait until he's gets racially abused in about three weeks

It's a rite of passage :lol:

monster09
18 Jan 20, 02:35
Didn't he only play on the right at United?

Seems less sensible if he is coming here just to replace Lazaro and give competition to Candreva

No, most of his career he played as left winger and once he became FB/WB, he played most games on the left.

b4h4mooth
18 Jan 20, 02:37
He may look old consider he is 34 but he is young, if you know what i mean.

William
18 Jan 20, 03:01
Don’t get why there is so much hate for this guy, having watched him over the past couple of years he can still do a job for us.

I4E
18 Jan 20, 07:53
Don’t get why there is so much hate for this guy, having watched him over the past couple of years he can still do a job for us.

We don't need him. We've done quite well so far. We can see out the season (which I think we can) with just adding another central midfielder. Idgaff about the cost of this operation, just cos it's there and available doesn't mean we should grab it.

dynasty27
18 Jan 20, 08:03
Welcunt to Inter

rockball
18 Jan 20, 11:17
I dislike this dude, primary reasons being -
1. He is from Manu. He is quintessentially the kind of player that Fergie used to like and make shine under him. Hate that fucking club.
2. Manu. Nuff said.
3. He is average. And English.
4. Manu.
5. Captain of that fucking piece of shit club.

But he is definitely better than Biraghi, and Asamoah as well for LWB. Better than D'Ambrosio, and Lazaro for RWB. He will be useful to us. And he is on a short contract, so no harm.

Do well, and make your detractors eat crow shit.

Bluenine
18 Jan 20, 11:18
The sad reality is that even a 34 year old Young, who was never a great player even when younger, will most likely improve our starting XI as LWB. Even if its for the very short term. Hopefully this means we will target a top LWB in the summer.

YoramG
18 Jan 20, 11:48
Ight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJi7DNABYl4&t=0s

Linege
18 Jan 20, 11:54
now we can sell lazaro to epl

then dig in epl trash bin again

and sell some other player there

I'mNewHere
18 Jan 20, 13:12
Typical Conte signing, similar to when Juve signed Padoin. Will do well I'm sure.

Ronaldo
18 Jan 20, 15:30
Meh... whatever!

Choppin Onions
18 Jan 20, 16:18
Bizarre transfer but alright. I guess because Asamoah is permanently injured (possibly dead? Haven't heard much from him lately) Lazaro is leaving, Biraghi is shite and Candreva, our best WB :yao2: isn't exactly in his prime footballing years anymore. Quite the collection of wingbacks we've accumulated. Fucking hell.

Go on Young. Surprise us lad.

Wobblz
18 Jan 20, 19:00
On another note it'd be hilarious if we won a Scudetto with Lukaku, Sanchez and Young in our squad, while MU finished outside of EU spots.

BUCHROM
18 Jan 20, 20:18
From BBC site: "Thank god he's off - charges down the wing and always BOOTS IT INTO OBLIVION"

reminds me of Candreva

Edward.
18 Jan 20, 20:23
Good decision to bring him imo. He is not a bad player. He is not slow despite his age, has great experience, low cost. I like it

Shark
18 Jan 20, 23:15
On another note it'd be hilarious if we won a Scudetto with Lukaku, Sanchez and Young in our squad, while MU finished outside of EU spots.

The English will spin it and say how terribly shit Serie A is that even premier league rejects are able to win it.

IM21
18 Jan 20, 23:23
The English will spin it and say how terribly shit Serie A is that even premier league rejects are able to win it.

if your champion is decided in December I think you are the only shitty league out there.

Lui
18 Jan 20, 23:42
Claudio Ranieri, who cant even find a job making pizza, won the premier league with Leicester.

Check-mate fuck them.

redmou
19 Jan 20, 06:42
As a Man United fan, Im saying he will do well. I think Conte will make him effective. Good option at both wingback spots.

Nyall
19 Jan 20, 15:10
I expect everyone here to realize he's done and want him out before the end of the season.

Bluenine
20 Jan 20, 10:54
I don't mind Young. Mainly coz he cost only 1.5m, and specially if its just a 18 month deal. Young can back up both the wingback roles. And I wouldn't be surprised if he is our best option for LWB this season, that is how shite our LWB options are at the mo.

Ronin
20 Jan 20, 15:51
if your champion is decided in December I think you are the only shitty league out there.
https://i.imgur.com/PFpGXL9.png
:brozo:

DARi0
20 Jan 20, 18:00
Yo man welcomh! Jamaica party ON!

Run like a horse for half a year and then please leave room for Darmian.
Fixed. :trolldad:

:lol: very good post, let`s keep this in the records :D
https://alexis.lindaikejisblog.com/photos/shares/5e2221b49a87c.jpeg

As for Young, he could have easily signed the extension United offered him. The fact that he opted instead for a 6-months loan in a new Country and a new league during which he will have to earn himself a contract for next season at least shows a good degree of self-esteem on his part.
Or he just couldn`t take that shit-show any more in Manchester. :awyeah:

Bluenine
23 Jan 20, 22:45
Don't embarrass yourself and especially don't embarrass us. Just do whatever the fuck you were brought here to do.

Not happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzzJ-H2HuNw&frags=pl%2Cwn

.h.
24 Jan 20, 07:28

it'll just reinforce the EPL arguments that Italy has turned into England's retirement home tbh

satubito
24 Jan 20, 07:44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzzJ-H2HuNw&frags=pl%2Cwn

Love it. Lazaro is happy as heck :awwyeah:

Wobblz
24 Jan 20, 08:14
it'll just reinforce the EPL arguments that Italy has turned into England's retirement home tbh
Yes... the proverbial farmers league...

YoramG
24 Jan 20, 08:20
Only thing I'm enjoying about Liverpool's dominating run is that, for once, the EPL is the one with the 'good team' ruining the 'farmers' every week.

vitomins
24 Jan 20, 15:54
Poll added. Will close in 10 days.

Alex de Large
24 Jan 20, 15:56
5 - Completely average player

brehme1989
24 Jan 20, 18:36
Can you change the text next to the polls? Some just feel too random.

Also, header should be "rate the transfer", not the player.

M.Adnan
25 Jan 20, 11:41
3 - Anonymous player who will never be remembered through the fact nobody expected anything from him

​Sounds just about right.

Fitzy
25 Jan 20, 14:31
I actually think he'll do well here in this system, for some reason. The big thing will be learning the language.

crzdcolombian
25 Jan 20, 15:31
I actually think he'll do well here in this system, for some reason. The big thing will be learning the language.

He is here only for 6 months..... going to be tough to learn the langauge that quick

surripere
25 Jan 20, 16:16
The language of football is enough.

brehme1989
25 Jan 20, 16:17
The language of football is enough.

Not so sure he speaks that either.

Universe
25 Jan 20, 16:27
Every little thing is gonna be alright.

brehme1989
25 Jan 20, 16:36
Every little thing is gonna be alright.

He's two bird shits away from reaching that level.

Palacio
25 Jan 20, 17:33
When I see players like Kolarov are still starting and very much thriving as fullbacks in serie a, I understand why Conte wants to have players like Young or Moses.

Devious
26 Jan 20, 09:46
I hope old Young is going to be better than young Young in Serie A.

tonyclifton
26 Jan 20, 10:51
I hope old Young is going to be better than young Young in Serie A.

Don't worry about the thing.

Palacio
26 Jan 20, 12:01
He is more energetic than Biraghi.

- - - Updated - - -

Old young did it. Nice cross. Where was this guy in the first half?

Kenny
26 Jan 20, 12:26
He has that right flank in his blood.

Verathia
26 Jan 20, 12:45
too soon to move to La Grande?

CafeCordoba
26 Jan 20, 20:53
So can he play the left flank? Though he came in to cover Biraghi. Moses seems like almost a pure right winger.

monster09
27 Jan 20, 05:49
So can he play the left flank? Though he came in to cover Biraghi. Moses seems like almost a pure right winger.

He played almost all his career as LW and LWB.

Sassuolu
27 Jan 20, 06:17
He was pretty good yesterday, great assist.

Pravesh
27 Jan 20, 06:27
Just one game and against Cagliari (each performance counts though and for obvious reasons) - he seemed good. Unlike Biraghi and Candreva, he at least tried and kinda succeeded to go past his opponent. Even though Candreva has been doing okish (forget Biraghi), they just simply can't get past their opponents and always go for back/side passes.

Wallace
27 Jan 20, 06:41
Biraghi was also “pretty good” and had an assist in his debut.

Hold off all your assumptions and extrapolations.

Sassuolu
27 Jan 20, 08:35
Biraghi was also “pretty good” and had an assist in his debut.

Hold off all your assumptions and extrapolations.

Young still needs to get the pressing down he was always late but these are normal growing pains.

Biraghi is never there when we press and it hurt us.

Lui
27 Jan 20, 22:13
Young could fuck up just as much as biraghi but at least he does it faster

Alex de Large
29 Jan 20, 21:47
Pathetic to say but amazing improvement over Biraghi or last year LB's.

Batman
29 Jan 20, 21:50
I will start him over Biraghi any day. He is faster and 10 times better on the ball.

I'mNewHere
29 Jan 20, 21:51
Excellent player making all of our wingbacks the last decade look like shit

YoramG
29 Jan 20, 21:52
Please make it through the rest of the season. So much better than Biraghi.

magnesium
29 Jan 20, 21:55
Ashley young >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Biraghi :challenge:

dax21
29 Jan 20, 21:59
This guy is a surprise, proving a lot of people wrong, me included. Seems so much more calm and relaxed on the ball unlike Biraghi who is so obviously always trying to outreach his own abilities, often getting lost in it.
Hopefully Young can sustain this form. United fans reading this can eat their heart out.

vex
29 Jan 20, 22:03
Ashley young >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Biraghi :challenge:

And soon it will be moses >>>>>>>>>> candreva...just goes to show how fuckin basic and underwhelming both candreva and biraghi are.

acroMacho
29 Jan 20, 22:03
Our best wing backs are all over 30 years old ... that must prove something.

Wobblz
30 Jan 20, 09:34
And soon it will be moses >>>>>>>>>> candreva...just goes to show how fuckin basic and underwhelming both candreva and biraghi are.
Candreva is quite great himself this season. I don't believe Moses will have it as easy as Young in gaining a starting spot.

Our best wing backs are all over 30 years old ... that must prove something.
It only proves it's a very tactically demanding position.

Alex de Large
02 Feb 20, 22:04
Patrice Evra 2.0?

acroMacho
02 Feb 20, 22:05
Great player. I gave him rating 7 in the poll, but did't really think he will be that good. But he is. He is great, worked hard, saved us from conceding....
I would rate him the MOTM, because he was the only one throughout the match who didn't lack composure even when others played shit. Apparently he is used to it from ManU :notbad:

J..
02 Feb 20, 22:05
I thought Evra was Ashley Young 2.0

Batman
02 Feb 20, 22:09
Speed and especially PASSING is essential for a wing back. And Young has them both. I’m sick of having wing back who cant pass to save their lives (Biraghi, Asamoah, D’Ambrosio and Candreva). Last full back with good passing skills was Cancelo.

Pipka
02 Feb 20, 22:21
Suprisingly he's also quite good defensively

William
03 Feb 20, 00:24
Was great today! We actually have a competent wing back!!

redmou
03 Feb 20, 00:59
I knew him and Lukaku would be good for you guys. Alexis has more to give as well.

Anne Marie
03 Feb 20, 01:02
He is only ...34. He should be with us 2 more years so that he could nurture Biraghi into a righteous path.

crzdcolombian
03 Feb 20, 02:00
He is only ...34. He should be with us 2 more years so that he could nurture Biraghi into a righteous path.

He is an a 6 month deal. With an option for another year

Has been great both games. Even tho he is old as fk dude didn’t totally run out of gas like Moses did

ADRossi
03 Feb 20, 04:34
Definitely a tangible step up from Biraghi, which isn't saying much but was greatly needed. His workrate is noticeable, and he had a great defensive play.

I hope we don't make the mistake of playing this guy every week for two months. That's how you send these older players spiraling.

ath
03 Feb 20, 05:25
'M quiet happy by his debuts, nothing fancy, but really solid and no noticeable mistake.

Defensively consistent, offensively present, keep it up Ashley.

tonyclifton
03 Feb 20, 06:02
At 34, he's doing a great job at probably the most physically demanding position in football. His fitness puts players way younger than him to shame. That's why I don't really buy the notion of players over 30 years old being perceived as fucking grandpas who collapse after walking 3 steps forward. He's only 34 for fuck's sake, not 94.

Cómi
03 Feb 20, 23:11
At 34, he's doing a great job at probably the most physically demanding position in football. His fitness puts players way younger than him to shame. That's why I don't really buy the notion of players over 30 years old being perceived as fucking grandpas who collapse after walking 3 steps forward. He's only 34 for fuck's sake, not 94.

Some players do drop off massively around this age though, because of specific mixtures of personal discipline, careers spent playing too often without proper recovery time, and genetics. Lucky it doesn't seem to be the case here. Overall I liked Young's performance, he did what was expected of a wingback.

brehme1989
04 Feb 20, 10:22
He's a fighter but his reactions on the ball are way too slow. Teams will eventually take advantage of this though if we keep playing Moses there's no need for them to do that :lol:

Sassuolu
04 Feb 20, 10:27
He's just smart, I think it helps him a lot and he's got bags of energy to boot, real good signing.

dynasty27
09 Feb 20, 22:40
thank you Ash

William
09 Feb 20, 22:45
Another great performance again, can easily see him here again next season/ hope he is!!

thatdude
09 Feb 20, 23:41
Guy is just consistent. Exactly what we needed for a short term solution on that left flank. I’ll wait till summer before saying whether or not we should look to extend his stay here but he hasn’t really put a foot wrong and he certainly doesn’t look to old on the pitch.

Edward.
10 Feb 20, 01:59
A) he worked really hard... And b) his experience was really noticeable In this game

ath
10 Feb 20, 08:02
So far our best signing of the winter.

What a professional, and he seems so happy to play with us.

Gaindé
10 Feb 20, 08:22
He is so consistent and so serious, I love him already.

brehme1989
10 Feb 20, 08:35
He's a fighter and the Inter crowd always likes this type of players.

He shouldn't be a lock for the lineup though. We need to get real with that Asamoah contract dispute. And anyone else for that matter. We cannot keep freezing out players for contract issues. Who's next? Lautaro and Skriniar?

wera
10 Feb 20, 09:06
We need to get real with that Asamoah contract dispute. And anyone else for that matter. We cannot keep freezing out players for contract issues. Who's next? Lautaro and Skriniar?

Yes. I don't see Skriniar having any wage issues, I'm sure he'll sign a new contract, otherwise we'll just sell him in the summer to City/United/Barca. Same with Lautaro, getting 110mil would help build a better team since we don't have infinite money. Imagine getting Kumbulla, Werner, a more defensive type midfielder that could be bench option for Brozo and a better wingback than Candreva just from selling Lautaro and adding some pocket change.

It's smart. I'm not afraid. We always find great strikers.
We can always find another Lautaro and another Skriniar.

Il Drago
10 Feb 20, 09:14
Skriniar signed an extension till 2023 which has no release clause less than a year ago. We are in no rush to offer him another extension or sell him in the summer.

wicked wizard
10 Feb 20, 09:19
Another great performance again, can easily see him here again next season/ hope he is!!Stop it. He's doing OK because people were expecting some type of meme player (which he is not), but he's in his honny moon peried right now and will most likely turn out to become like smalling who was playing well at first but now is back to his old self.

William
10 Feb 20, 09:31
Stop it. He's doing OK because people were expecting some type of meme player (which he is not), but he's in his honny moon peried right now and will most likely turn out to become like smalling who was playing well at first but now is back to his old self.

Let’s wait and see then. However, based on what Conte has done with others this season I think we’ll continue to see his best past the ‘honeymoon’ period! And if not, then we won’t renew and get a new wing back in the summer.

Fapuccino
15 Feb 20, 06:56
I was ready to trash him tbh, but so far so good.

wera
16 Feb 20, 22:05
Great to see him score

Ronin
16 Feb 20, 22:06
Motm probably. Scored one, assisted another but Lautaro couldn't stay onside, dribbled 3 players at one point and almost drew a penalty.

Ronaldo
16 Feb 20, 22:31
Definitely our best player tonight.

William
17 Feb 20, 00:43
The guy has been a gem since he arrived!

Joker
17 Feb 20, 01:29
Talk about balls, Young has it.

CoolMan44
17 Feb 20, 03:27
Pleasant surprise. Hated the thought of getting him, as I thought he would be crap and he always looked like a bit of a prick in the games I've seen him in - but he's been hard-working and done really well for us. In all honestly I wouldn't have an issue with him staying next season, ideally as a backup to a starting LWB. I know he's 34 but the guy is really fit - he looks to be in better shape than Biraghi tbh.

brehme1989
17 Feb 20, 09:31
Still looks like a prick honestly, but he's our prick.

JJM
17 Feb 20, 09:58
He is a pretty cool player, tactically and technically, nice, nice. Finally a WB with some high football IQ.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

CafeCordoba
17 Feb 20, 10:30
He was very good. Very active and was pretty good with the ball. To me in this Lazio match he made a real difference to Biraghi, earlier it wasn't the case for me.

DARi0
19 Feb 20, 09:44
Still looks like a prick honestly, but he's our prick.

Brehme hails Young and Conte

Inter legend Andreas Brehme is impressed with Antonio Conte and Ashley Young. “The English player is strong in technique and mentality.”

Brehme was part of the all-conquering Inter side of the late 1980s and early 1990s, playing in Young’s role of left-back.

“He’s a great player and has many years of experience in England,” Brehme told Inter TV.

“I think he’s a fine left-back, strong in technique and mentality.”
:troll:

Does the German also see similarities between Conte and his own Nerazzurri coach Giovanni Trapattoni?

“Both wave their arms around constantly during matches. They work with sheer passion. Inter play good football, they held Atalanta 1-1 at home, who are a great team. I think they only really dropped points with Cagliari.

“It’s a pity they lost to Lazio at the Olimpico, but the season isn’t over yet. Inter play very, very well and still have a good chance.

“I always like coming back here to Milan, as I still have many friends here, including former teammates. I remember the chaos from the fans when we won the Scudetto with new records, and the UEFA Cup. There was such a great atmosphere.”

Ed.
22 Feb 20, 02:59
Brehme hails Young and Conte

Inter legend Andreas Brehme is impressed with Antonio Conte and Ashley Young. “The English player is strong in technique and mentality.”

Brehme was part of the all-conquering Inter side of the late 1980s and early 1990s, playing in Young’s role of left-back.

“He’s a great player and has many years of experience in England,” Brehme told Inter TV.

“I think he’s a fine left-back, strong in technique and mentality.”
:troll:

Does the German also see similarities between Conte and his own Nerazzurri coach Giovanni Trapattoni?

“Both wave their arms around constantly during matches. They work with sheer passion. Inter play good football, they held Atalanta 1-1 at home, who are a great team. I think they only really dropped points with Cagliari.

“It’s a pity they lost to Lazio at the Olimpico, but the season isn’t over yet. Inter play very, very well and still have a good chance.

“I always like coming back here to Milan, as I still have many friends here, including former teammates. I remember the chaos from the fans when we won the Scudetto with new records, and the UEFA Cup. There was such a great atmosphere.”

must be a fake brehme.

Il Drago
21 Apr 20, 09:51
Fabrizio Romano:

Ashley Young to sign one-year contract extension at Inter

Internazionale will reward Ashley Young with a new one-year deal after the full-back impressed his manager, Antonio Conte, and the club’s hierarchy after joining on an initial six-month contract from Manchester United.

The 34-year-old made seven appearances for Inter before football in Italy shut down. Young signed for the remainder of the 2019-20 season with an option for another year, which Inter are ready to trigger.

The club are third in Serie A, nine points behind the leaders, Juventus, who have 12 games remaining to Inter’s 13. Conte’s side are also in the last 16 of the Europa League, where they are due to face Getafe.

Inter made the contract offer this week and the former England full-back has accepted the terms and is ready to sign it.

Young spent nine years at Old Trafford after joining from Aston Villa in 2011, winning one Premier League title as well as the FA Cup, League Cup and the Europa League.

This month he shared his thoughts on what do to in lockdown, tweeting: “This may sound harsh but treat everybody that’s not in your household as if they have the virus. You just don’t know! Most importantly, just stay safe! This is what we are doing here [in Italy], it’s not an overreaction, it’s staying safe. And just remember others should be looking at you in this way as well. It’s not horrible, it’s a way of keeping your distance to ultimately help save lives.”
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/apr/21/ashley-young-to-sign-one-year-contract-extension-at-inter

Adriano@10
21 Apr 20, 16:56
Fabrizio Romano:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/apr/21/ashley-young-to-sign-one-year-contract-extension-at-inter

Imho great news, dude has been way better than we all expected and it would have been fucken harsh to send him home after he played here for what 2 months and then everything got fucked. Plus he really seems to enjoy himselfe @ inter and in Italy. So i m happy for him and us, I still think we should buy a starter on his position though.

brehme1989
21 Apr 20, 17:11
Imho great news, dude has been way better than we all expected and it would have been fucken harsh to send him home after he played here for what 2 months and then everything got fucked. Plus he really seems to enjoy himselfe @ inter and in Italy. So i m happy for him and us, I still think we should buy a starter on his position though.

This is a guy who has spent his life between Stevenage, Watford, Birmingham and Manchester. Of course he's going to love living in Milano with the wealth he has :D

Black Knight
19 May 20, 07:55
https://i.imgur.com/IbrYoB9_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Puma
19 May 20, 08:18
He must have asked his coach where he can get some hair.

Candreva Crosses
21 May 20, 22:10
He is here to fuck Wanda

Javier'sSon
26 May 20, 17:15
who isn't

Irequis
29 May 20, 12:03
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/05/28/inter-milan-set-extend-ashley-youngs-contract-san-siro/

Cool. Now can we move on to our eternal goal to secure competent long-term fullback instead of buying obscure fullbacks every year?

YoramG
01 Jun 20, 18:24
Happy with Young as the Asamoah replacement, hasn't really put a foot wrong since arriving here.

CoolMan44
24 Jun 20, 20:38
Ridiculous defending today.

thatdude
24 Jun 20, 20:39
He really did his part to make sure Sassuolo got a point today

uny_arturo
24 Jun 20, 20:39
Probably his worst performance? Make it a one off please. Serie A is way more unforgiving than EPL

magnesium
24 Jun 20, 20:48
I though Agoume and Bastoni give him hard time.

Bastoni fool yellow card make Young work extra.

Agoume doesn't help him either.

wyze
24 Jun 20, 21:08
Why is this guy here?

La Brujita
24 Jun 20, 21:13
2 penalties and wrong positoning for their third goal..

Black Knight
25 Jun 20, 09:14
In an empty stadium, just as the ref whistled for the penalty, I clearly heard him say, "I didn't even touch him, man!"

Cue replay which shows him clearly kicking the Sass player's heel. :lol:

RickyMaravilla'sRightFoot
25 Jun 20, 17:02
Yeah, he was awful yesterday.. wonder wtf that was about. Was hoping he'd at least continue his form March for another few months.

Kramerica Industries
26 Jun 20, 03:43
That performance was shades of Dalbert vs. Empoli.

thatdude
26 Jun 20, 03:43
Maybe he’s just not very good at getting up to speed with matches when he comes off the bench

Puma
26 Jun 20, 03:48
Maybe he’s just not very good at getting up to speed with matches when he comes off the bench

You might be right. I had that thought yesterday. It's probably because he's an old cunt.

.h.
13 Jul 20, 22:41
really good signing so far tbh. A few bad fuck ups, but doing well for a 35 year old free.

I hope he helps to draw other English players to Serie A - if there's one thing they have in the Premiership, it's stamina - works well for some roles in Conte's system.

yoszee
13 Jul 20, 22:45
really good signing so far tbh. A few bad fuck ups, but doing well for a 35 year old free.

I hope he helps to draw other English players to Serie A - if there's one thing they have in the Premiership, it's stamina - works well for some roles in Conte's system.

Willian and David Silva at the end of their contract.
https://www.transfermarkt.com/premier-league/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/GB1/jahr/2020/plus/1

Is it possible for us to sign that players?

.h.
13 Jul 20, 22:48
Probably too expensive tbh

Universe
13 Jul 20, 22:49

You're going to regret saying that when you see the names we're linked to next mercato. Ross Barkley, Declan Rice.. "Inter to make shock move for Matty Longstaff?" "BREAKING NEWS: INTER make €40m bid for Tyrone Mings" "Lingard on Inter radar"..

firmino
13 Jul 20, 22:50
this guy must be a great professional because he runs like he's 5 years younger than he is.

magnesium
13 Jul 20, 22:52
this guy must be a great professional because he runs like he's 5 years younger than he is.

He is faster than 27 year old italian left back btw :oblivious:

uny_arturo
13 Jul 20, 22:59
Good to have EPL players like Alexis, Lukaku and Young in the squad. Much more dynamic / less whiny than our Italians; and much calmer than our Balkan friends

Ethor
14 Jul 20, 00:52
MOTM for me with special kudos to Sanchez.

thatdude
14 Jul 20, 02:44
Needs to quit the long range shooting but well taken goal today. Confident finish of a former winger

Universe
14 Jul 20, 07:52
Nitpicking but I don't mind his long range shooting tbh.

If I'm not mistaken, all 3 of his goals have been excellent volleys lol. He's got a handful of assists to his name and his crosses / shots are generally on target. I've been impressed with his composure and in general his execution has been very good.

We might have Il Nuovo Divino on our hands.

Pajo
14 Jul 20, 08:21
Shame Young isnt yooung anymore.. Tho shows great physical performance for a 35 yo.

.h.
14 Jul 20, 08:27
Nitpicking but I don't mind his long range shooting tbh.

If I'm not mistaken, all 3 of his goals have been excellent volleys lol. He's got a handful of assists to his name and his crosses / shots are generally on target. I've been impressed with his composure and in general his execution has been very good.

We might have Il Nuovo Divino on our hands.

Yeah, he's a bit better with it, than, say, Gagliardini. I'd say Candreva but he's scored a couple of great goals from distance. Obviously, though, a broken clock is right twice a day still.

brehme1989
14 Jul 20, 08:29
Ashley Young was not a free transfer, don't know why people keep repeating this.

.h.
14 Jul 20, 08:29
ah, you're right - i thought united terminated his contract early.

Still, 1.5mil, not bad at all.

Universe
14 Jul 20, 08:33
What's his salary?

Yeah, he's a bit better with it, than, say, Gagliardini. I'd say Candreva but he's scored a couple of great goals from distance. Obviously, though, a broken clock is right twice a day still.

Yeah, despite some good stats Candreva clearly doesn't pass the eye test of efficiency. He's a bit like Guarin in that regard. For each goal, assist or dangerous moment, he has a fucking ludicrous amount of bullshit moments that make you want to hurl your screen out the window.

.h.
14 Jul 20, 08:58
I'm not sure. He was on £120k a week at United, gross, so probably like 3m a year in Inter reporting terms.

He's potentially eligible for the foreigner tax relief, though, as his contract in Inter will expire mid-way through next year, which might give him long enough to be tax resident in Italy in 2020-2021.

brehme1989
14 Jul 20, 09:36
He came on a 3m contract which means basically 1.5m cause it's half a year. Extension was triggered so it may be on a similar scale or slightly less.

Goldenboyv88
14 Jul 20, 09:42
I think that Young has been one of the best improvement this year! It's a pleasure to see!

Batman
14 Jul 20, 11:23
Excellent signing so far. Still wont rule out any future fuckups.

ElDiego22
14 Jul 20, 12:20
Very athletic for someone who's old.

brehme1989
14 Jul 20, 15:57
Very athletic for someone who's old.

Dude, he's 35, not 65.

monster09
14 Jul 20, 16:27
:proud:

forzainter257
14 Jul 20, 17:08
Very good signing from Conte. Unlike Spallo he has excellent vision! ;)

ath
19 Jul 20, 21:40
I wonder if this isn't his worst half with us.

Pajo
19 Jul 20, 21:49
Deffo his worst game for us so far. Did nothing in offense, got rapex in defense.

Hasan
20 Jul 20, 01:46
Roma's full back was big miss match for him, stronger, faster. He was raped tonight.

Another prove we need much better starter on that position and Young can be very useful against smaller teams when we are in position to dominate.

Ed.
20 Jul 20, 01:46
Deffo his worst game for us so far. Did nothing in offense, got rapex in defense.

he was worse in Sassuolo

Pimpin
20 Jul 20, 02:57
a game to forget

dax21
20 Jul 20, 08:59
He can have a one off game as far as I'm concerned. He has been a steady performer for most of his time here so far, and we always knew he wasn't gonna be reliable defensively. Cost of doing business with three in the back.
Generally speaking I like Young way more than I expected. He is quick with the ball, doesn't take too much time with decision making. He crosses decently, he is good near the touchline and rarely fucks up so that we lose possession. Let's also take into account that he is literally having a crash course in terms of Italian football, I expect him to be a lot better next season if he stays.

n4l
20 Jul 20, 11:07
Once it was clear that both wing backs were faster and stronger than ours, we should have tactically adapted by changing to back 4, or pushed the WBs further back so there was less space behind them.

We did neither so both wingbacks consistently got raped. How many 1-2s between Peres and Pellegrini? Or the entry pass where he dummied and got past Young? In all cases, if he was in a traditional WB position, there would be much less space behind him for any of those plays to work.

Black Knight
20 Jul 20, 12:26
He's surprised me quite positively, but he can't speak any Italian yet, as far as I can tell. Every time I've heard him speak during a match, it was in English, be it with teammates, opponents or the ref. That's got to be working against him. I noticed even Eriksen called 'mano' to the ref after his freekick hit some guy's arm.

magnesium
01 Aug 20, 22:12
What a player he is.

Forever Young :fuckyea:

uny_arturo
01 Aug 20, 22:20
He's surprised me quite positively, but he can't speak any Italian yet, as far as I can tell. Every time I've heard him speak during a match, it was in English, be it with teammates, opponents or the ref. That's got to be working against him. I noticed even Eriksen called 'mano' to the ref after his freekick hit some guy's arm.

I noticed the same. But then his performance speaks for himself.

I don't think this whole English speaking thing is bad. When faced with weaker "provincial" teams, I'd even prefer the coach to give instructions in English so as to conceal our tactical changes. We have a squad that's quite capable (and educated) to understand English, barring Brozo of course.

firmino
01 Aug 20, 22:37
Speaking of English, the few English players of Serie A in the past have often struggled, while young adapted beautifully.

brakbrak
01 Aug 20, 23:15
His goal today is exactly what politano was trying to do all year long for us last season.

Called this dude a scrub when he came in. Given his low cost, cant say the same now.

uny_arturo
01 Aug 20, 23:18
4 goals + 4 assists in Serie A. 1 goal + 1 assist in Europa League.

Only half a season. Came to a new country during a pandemic. Biggest surprise for sure.

Candreva Crosses
01 Aug 20, 23:19
Speaking of English, the few English players of Serie A in the past have often struggled, while young adapted beautifully.

Probably because Bastoni never expect him to help at defense. ;)

forzainter257
01 Aug 20, 23:23
The decision to shoot was annoying. He could have gotten closer to the box, he could have passed to Dumbro who was in better position. The GK could have saved it had he better positioned himself.

P.s. I'm kidding :lol:, a grandissimo goal Ashley

brehme1989
01 Aug 20, 23:28
His goal reminded me of Jovetic vs Atalanta.

ADRossi
01 Aug 20, 23:50
Four months of genuinely quality football. A few errors sprinkled in, but overall a guy who impacted the matches he played in positively. Just really impressive.

monster09
02 Aug 20, 06:23
It's great to watch him do well, gives everything on the pitch and this wing back role suits him so well. He was attacking left winger who won PL young player of the year and was in PL team of the year as LW, started over Di Maria, then started to play as LB and played well. He is a great professional. Apart from CB and GK he played in every position.

Hopefully he will win Serie A before he retires.

Choppin Onions
02 Aug 20, 07:44
4 goals + 4 assists in Serie A. 1 goal + 1 assist in Europa League.

Only half a season. Came to a new country during a pandemic. Biggest surprise for sure.

Pretty damn good return for a guy in his mid-30s in a brand new league. He couldn’t handle a full workload at his age but he’s a good asset to the squad.

wera
02 Aug 20, 10:55
If we don't keep him, I will lose my shit.

.h.
02 Aug 20, 10:56
i thought we'd already triggered his extension

brehme1989
02 Aug 20, 11:01
He's definitely been a positive acquisition. His role next season should be more limited, he's a liability against stronger teams but his grit has been influential against minnows.

But let's not forget that we're paying him almost twice as much as Lautaro currently earns, to give some perspective.

I think having Lukaku here and to some extent the arrival of Moses has helped him settle, otherwise he probably could have struggled as he has shown zero willingness to learn even the most basic Italian.

dynasty27
02 Aug 20, 11:20
It's nice to have a fine wine in the squad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNMjJ1yxUeU&t=104s

thatdude
02 Aug 20, 12:21
He's definitely been a positive acquisition. His role next season should be more limited, he's a liability against stronger teams but his grit has been influential against minnows.

But let's not forget that we're paying him almost twice as much as Lautaro currently earns, to give some perspective.

I think having Lukaku here and to some extent the arrival of Moses has helped him settle, otherwise he probably could have struggled as he has shown zero willingness to learn even the most basic Italian.

Goals against Lazio and Atalanta though. Not bad for a liability against the bigger teams.

brehme1989
02 Aug 20, 12:29
Goals against Lazio and Atalanta though. Not bad for a liability against the bigger teams.

Offensively all wing backs have the luxury of being the extra man and having many chances to enter into scoring chances.

I am obviously talking about his defensive output here. He does have to carry the entire flank, as all wing backs in this system.

thatdude
02 Aug 20, 15:13
I knew what you meant I just wanted to mention that, because goals do change games. He does struggle at times defensively no doubt but it’s almost impossible to find a perfectly balanced wingback.

crzdcolombian
02 Aug 20, 20:36
Pretty sure I bitched when he was signed. My bad and great signing. Hope he has another year in the tank. But defiantly need a better starter to get out of Champions league group stage and beat Juve next season

wera
03 Aug 20, 16:40
He probably won the most trophies of all of our players (next to Sanchez, who I don't know if he is ours already) and it kinda shows. He is a hard worker.

Ethor
06 Aug 20, 02:36
Very important today in communication with the ref and our players. In that sense pivotal. Good work.

Palatiga
06 Aug 20, 02:54
totally invisible, shouldve put biraghi sooner

somehow all the attack defence were from dumbo cucurella side

surripere
06 Aug 20, 17:57
I like him a lot, he has a brain.

Ethor
10 Aug 20, 22:14
Really good today, glad we have him.

Javier'sSon
10 Aug 20, 22:15
He has very good chemistry with Lukaku.

BasedGodPunk
19 Aug 20, 17:42
Probably in the minority here but if we were to have to start him again next season, I wouldn't be that depressed about it. Not saying I'd be thrilled, but he's been better than expected.

Candreva Crosses
19 Aug 20, 18:41
I wonder if some football players tend to play better now during covid because there is no fans psyching them out?

firmino
20 Aug 20, 19:03
I wonder if some football players tend to play better now during covid because there is no fans psyching them out?

good remark, though i don't think it's young's case, he doens't seem to be the type who suffers this kind of pressure.

21 Aug 20, 02:34
Has a key battle ahead of him with Jesus Navas. Battle of the 30 something wingers.

Goldenboyv88
21 Aug 20, 08:43
Today Young must play much better than the last match. I did not like him a lot against Shaktar. He has the qualities to be much more dangerous and offensive. Come on Ashley!

Sokrates
08 Sep 20, 14:25
Will he be here next season?

CafeCordoba
08 Sep 20, 14:29
Do you mean this season or next season? :D

Sokrates
08 Sep 20, 14:51
Do you mean this season or next season? :D

:awyeah:

2020/2021 season of course :D

CafeCordoba
08 Sep 20, 16:45
He will surely be here now. We used to option to extend his contract for one year.

uny_arturo
15 Sep 20, 17:49
Damn. I know it's just a pre-season friendly with Lugano. But Ashley looked so alive.

DARi0
08 Oct 20, 16:49
Good to see he`s already preparing for life after Inter

Young: 'I would leave Inter for Watford'

Inter full-back Ashley Young has said he would leave Italy right away if he could return to Watford.

The 35-year-old former England international left Watford in January 2007, when he joined Aston Villa in the Premier League.

He then moved to Manchester United in July 2011 and spent eight and a half years at Old Trafford before joining Inter in January.

Young’s contract at San Siro expires in June 2021 and he has played three games in Serie A already this season, but he admitted he would leave Milan if Watford came calling.

“If I could go back to play there [at Watford] again, I would walk from Italy right now,” Young told The Hornets podcast Golden Tales.

“Because it’s what I know, it’s where I come from and what allowed me to be who I am and get to where I am. They gave me a humble start.”

#planning

08 Oct 20, 17:08
Good to see he`s already preparing for life after Inter

#planning

Great, so we have 3 wingbacks-- one is new to Italy, one has never had to defend before, and the other would go to bloody WATFORD "right now." :yao:

uny_arturo
08 Oct 20, 20:50
Joke of an interview but then we all know Ash is just enjoying his pre-retirement in Milan.

Let's cut him some slack. As long as he keeps performing, I have no issues.

Candreva Crosses
09 Oct 20, 04:23
Great, so we have 3 wingbacks-- one is new to Italy, one has never had to defend before, and the other would go to bloody WATFORD "right now." :yao:

conte-effect

delaurentis
11 Oct 20, 11:20
Inter have officially announced that English left wing back Ashley Young has tested positive for COVID-19 in a statement earlier today.

This is going to be a season to forget....

Nero Indigo
11 Oct 20, 11:30
Welcome to the new world!

.h.
11 Oct 20, 11:41
football aside, its clear covid has penetrated the inter training bubble at the ground. I believe Young, Radu, Gagliardini, Nainggolan were all in it? As, quite possibly, all of our goalkeepers.

Anyone in that social bubble should be forced to isolate for 2 weeks from the most recent positive test. It's just ridiculous to try to play football in these circumstances.

If it was a random player out on an international who got it, that's a separate issue - Skriniar and Bastoni is bad enough, and seems likely they might be part of the same Inter strain, but the fact that its in our bubble is a mess.

You cant play football in these circumstances. Games need to be cancelled.

YoramG
17 Oct 20, 20:10
Never thought I'd miss this guy so much :lol:

uny_arturo
17 Oct 20, 22:48
Never thought I'd miss this guy so much :lol:

Ash isn't bad at all. Not a long term solution but that bloke better stay healthy this season cos we need him.

IM21
21 Oct 20, 13:59
di marzio - Ashley #Young still positive

just great....

IM21
23 Oct 20, 12:35
finally some good news... his tests came negative.

Ethor
23 Oct 20, 14:31
finally some good news... his tests came negative.

According to reports, will be unavailable for Genoa but maybe for Champions League.

M.Adnan
23 Oct 20, 14:42
Young is my least concern atm. I'm much more concerned about Kolarov. Bastoni/Skriniar has to take his place asap so we can stop bleeding goals.

Il Drago
28 Oct 20, 10:38
He had a defensive fuckup which could have been costly but apart from that he was a major improvement over our other options on the left. Good to have him back.

Glass box
30 Oct 20, 22:09
Openly shitting (half jokingly tho) on Fifa 21 on a video where he was supposed to promote them. :lol:

30 Oct 20, 22:29
Openly shitting (half jokingly tho) on Fifa 21 on a video where he was supposed to promote them. :lol:

They gave Barella a 10 higher speed rating, I'd be livid too.

Candreva Crosses
30 Oct 20, 23:19
They gave Barella a 10 higher speed rating, I'd be livid too.

It doesn't matter how fast you run. If you are not CR7 you will get lower pace with age on FIFA. How can he be livid about a game he doesn't play if he doesn't even know the factor about old age= low pace? :lol:

brehme1989
31 Oct 20, 07:25
It doesn't matter how fast you run. If you are not CR7 you will get lower pace with age on FIFA. How can he be livid about a game he doesn't play if he doesn't even know the factor about old age= low pace? :lol:

So because the game is stupid, a player whose profile is depicted on it may not have an opinion on it? :D

Candreva Crosses
01 Nov 20, 01:31
So because the game is stupid, a player whose profile is depicted on it may not have an opinion on it? :D

You misunderstood me. He doesn't play the game which means he doesn't understand the game and the concept about an older player getting a lower pace. Which makes his whole fucking opinion dumb.

He can have whatever opinion he wants, doesn't change the fact that its a dumb one.