PDA

View Full Version : Matteo Darmian

ADRossi
05 Oct 20, 13:55
Official: https://www.inter.it/it/squadra/G1046/matteo-darmian

https://www.inter.it/binaries/content/gallery/internazionale/photos/2020/10/05/darmian/cinema_app_1200x920.jpg/cinema_app_1200x920.jpg/internazionale%3AcinemaApp

CoolMan44
05 Oct 20, 13:56
Disgusting.

n4l
05 Oct 20, 14:05
poll please

brehme1989
05 Oct 20, 14:07
Finally!

- - - Updated - - -

Disgusting.

Wait what?

Disgusted by an Inter player?
By a person that the management brought over?
By a coach's decision?

You are not a real Inter fan. You must support this club otherwise you're probably only here to troll.

:epicwin:

magnesium
05 Oct 20, 14:11
https://www.inter.it/binaries/content/gallery/internazionale/photos/2020/10/05/darmian/cinema_app_1200x920.jpg/cinema_app_1200x920.jpg/internazionale%3AcinemaApp

Il Drago
05 Oct 20, 14:13
ADRossi, you're the last person i was expecting to open this thread.

As for Darmian, IL COLPO DI MERCATO :lol: :lol: :lol:

pazza moratti
05 Oct 20, 14:14
Nice deal from Marotta :thumbsup:

Takes Candreva place and is 3 years younger, so low cost backup to Hakimi, Perisic and Young.

Can play both sides and have already played under Conte in this system!

brightbackground
05 Oct 20, 14:14
You guys can wail and gnash your teeth all you want but without Darmian now we wouldn't have Lukaku, we wouldn't have sold Adorante and Karamoh to Parma and we wouldn't get a potential renewal to Bastoni's contract. This is the kind of shit you have to put up with in modern football under FFP and player agents and I for one think a subpar bench player is an acceptable price to pay.

acroMacho
05 Oct 20, 14:18
Is there any chance this turns out to be a good deal ? :trollol:

thatdude
05 Oct 20, 14:22
Is there any chance this turns out to be a good deal ? :trollol:

Darmian 90+4 minute goal to win Scudetto off left footed cross from D’Ambrosio. You heard it here first

CoolMan44
05 Oct 20, 14:29
Finally!

- - - Updated - - -

Wait what?

Disgusted by an Inter player?
By a person that the management brought over?
By a coach's decision?

You are not a real Inter fan. You must support this club otherwise you're probably only here to troll.

:epicwin:

Management. No idea how much this had to do with the coach as we've been linked to this guy for every summer it seems.

Lui
05 Oct 20, 14:38
This guy will be a success only for the reason that bar is so incredibly low. Might be the lowest bar ever.

bolo
05 Oct 20, 15:06
We have 4 hours, can we loan him to other club?

Campione
05 Oct 20, 15:07
Why do we need this guy in the first place?

magnesium
05 Oct 20, 15:09
The Pallone Azzurro is a trophy assigned by the FIGC to the best Italian player according to the members of Club Vivo Azzurro.

Winners :

Year Best Italian footballer
2012 Andrea Pirlo
2013 Gianluigi Buffon
2014 Matteo Darmian
2015 Marco Verratti
2016 Gianluigi Buffon

Whenever how shit Darmian play is, remember.. he won The Pallone Azzuro ahead Bonucci, Chiellini, and other great players like Candreva..

Javier'sSon
05 Oct 20, 15:58
Signing this cunt is like buying a notebook for school and dreading to use it. Why do we have to buy him? I don't know but we just have to.

Tsuna
05 Oct 20, 16:01
Immense signing. Finally got the GOAT

Nothing
05 Oct 20, 16:03
F

NimAraya
05 Oct 20, 16:08
Darmian 90+4 minute goal to win Scudetto off left footed cross from D’Ambrosio. You heard it here first

Wait what? You mean there is an Inter player who could cross?

thatdude
05 Oct 20, 16:18
He has chosen number 36 for those rushing out to purchase a Darmian jersey

magnesium
05 Oct 20, 16:28
He has chosen number 36 for those rushing out to purchase a Darmian jersey

https://i.ibb.co/NjVPQ4V/120739791-813120662773150-7729670841715090467-n.jpg

ElDuccio
05 Oct 20, 16:33
one of the worst days ever

- - - Updated - - -

The Pallone Azzurro is a trophy assigned by the FIGC to the best Italian player according to the members of Club Vivo Azzurro.

Winners :

Year Best Italian footballer
2012 Andrea Pirlo
2013 Gianluigi Buffon
2014 Matteo Darmian
2015 Marco Verratti
2016 Gianluigi Buffon

Whenever how shit Darmian play is, remember.. he won The Pallone Azzuro ahead Bonucci, Chiellini, and other great players like Candreva..

https://i.imgur.com/VyFyGXb.gif

bolo
05 Oct 20, 16:34
Cmon, maybe he's not great but he's not great

MakavelInterista
05 Oct 20, 16:37
There are transfers like this where it really just doesn’t make sense to get an average or shit player in a position we don’t need just because the coach wants it and we get a huge surprise.

The player does well, is a great injury replacement or off the bench, maybe he surprises us with some goals or game-saving clearances or just good performances.

This isn’t one of those instances. He is shit.

magnesium
05 Oct 20, 16:40
Same pose as Hakimi btw :

https://i.ibb.co/GF8Lrfp/awaf.jpg

ElDuccio
05 Oct 20, 17:08
dat happy faces

https://net-storage.tccstatic.com/storage/fcinternews.it/img_notizie/thumb3/4a/4a4d9da40ed0ce67b14a8e1f020b1d22-35913-d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e.jpeg

PHM1605
05 Oct 20, 17:09
Come on, Darmian is a great player. Anyone says differently...

...is right.

rockball
05 Oct 20, 17:14
Shave those pubic hair of your pubic fucking face. And welcome.

Nero Indigo
05 Oct 20, 17:50
Number 36- that’s how old he’ll be when they extend his contract by two more years. Excellent foresight

ADRossi
05 Oct 20, 18:10
I'm experimenting with new poll options. Let me know what you think. Trying to eliminate the cluster of 7s and 8s everyone always votes for.

Bluenine
05 Oct 20, 18:15
Low cost backup for several positions, I don't mind this one. He isn't as bad as some of you are making him out to be. IMO he is like another D'Ambrosio, its good to have a few such players on the bench. Specially in a season where we may have big absences due to COVID-19.

My frustration with this transfer window is Inter failing to add some quality players where we have clear gaps. Like a starting LWB, a quality DM and perhaps a decent back up striker. I guess we are really skint. Also failing to get rid of some deadwood. Perhaps people are channelling their frustration about these issues on to Darmian.

NimAraya
05 Oct 20, 18:25
I'm experimenting with new poll options. Let me know what you think. Trying to eliminate the cluster of 7s and 8s everyone always votes for.

Voted 5. Definite answer

Il Drago
05 Oct 20, 18:26
The situation in midfield isn't as bad as some members make it out to be. We have Barella, Vidal, Brozovic, Nainggolan, Gagliardini, Eriksen and Sensi. 7 players for 3 positions. It's not ideal but it's pretty good if Conte stops the experiments of starting Gagliardini and using players out of position. In other positions the situation is much worse. We need to start praying Hakimi and Lukaku will be fit throughout the season, we have a huge question mark on the left with Perisic and we're an injury/suspension away from starting D'Ambrosio or Kolarov in defence. Simply woeful.

wera
05 Oct 20, 18:32
I hate everything about this, now may he prove me wrong.

DARi0
05 Oct 20, 18:43
Welcome Darmian, I have no h8 against you or this transfer, I just hope we don`t have to see you much on the pitch. Wishing you many trophies here @ INTER!

We have 4 hours, can we loan him to other club?

I know you`re joking but just for the record: Nah, we actually got him on LOAN with OBLIGATION to buy in 2021 for 2.5m.

eduzee
05 Oct 20, 18:47
Wrong thread

syrus
05 Oct 20, 19:00
I don't understand this signing at all.

4 years wtf.
We have become a retirement home

magnesium
05 Oct 20, 19:10
I don't understand this signing at all.

4 years wtf.
We have become a retirement home

Darmian Il nouvo Bastoni.

Last year loan to Parma. This year exploded at Inter :datass:

Grande Conte Grande Marotta Forza Inter

Choppin Onions
05 Oct 20, 19:54
I guess what I’m most confused about is the rumoured 4 year contract. How and why is that a thing?

Like someone else said, the bar is so incredibly low that even if he goes completely unnoticed in a game, that’s a good thing for us.

Fapuccino
05 Oct 20, 20:01
2:1 odds he gets more minutes than Eriksen this season?

CafeCordoba
05 Oct 20, 20:11
I guess what I’m most confused about is the rumoured 4 year contract. How and why is that a thing?

Like someone else said, the bar is so incredibly low that even if he goes completely unnoticed in a game, that’s a good thing for us.

Yeah, 4 years is the mind boggling part of this deal. Why not give him just 2-year deal, MAX 3 years. If he's particularly good, we can always extend.

YoramG
05 Oct 20, 21:04
Derby debut goal? I see it already.

n4l
05 Oct 20, 21:07
thatdude called it, but I'll add.

gags hockey assist; dumbo cross to darmian goal....

LUKA to come out and say "Conte knows and you guys don't know shit!"

brehme1989
05 Oct 20, 21:13

A bit better but still needs work. 3-5 essentially is a variation of a top player, 2 is a good player and 0 + Joao Mario categories are for useless players. And it's a tad unfair on Palombo and Robbie Keane to be singled out there. I'd use someone like Nelson Vivas or Ruben Botta there :D

Minardista
05 Oct 20, 21:18
I've been waiting since he was at Torino for this day.

He will have picked 36 becuase that's how many first-team starts he'll be making this season :epicwin:

Can we just fast-track him to LGI already?

uny_arturo
05 Oct 20, 21:57
Tactical back-up I understand. But I dread the 4 year contract. With (formerly) younger players like Ciao Mario and Dalberto Carlos we could still reason it. But why a 4-year term for Darmian? This is not the US presidential election.

Candreva Crosses
05 Oct 20, 22:52

Joao Mario is below 0, I love that detail :awwyeah:

IRR26
05 Oct 20, 23:01
I have almost never seem him play so I cannot make any presumptions.

But I remember Darmian and D'Ambrosio were both playing fullback in Torino. Inter couldn't afford Darmian who went to Manu and D'Ambrosio became Thohir's first signing.

But good luck to Darmian!

Universe
05 Oct 20, 23:42
dat happy faces

https://net-storage.tccstatic.com/storage/fcinternews.it/img_notizie/thumb3/4a/4a4d9da40ed0ce67b14a8e1f020b1d22-35913-d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e.jpeg

This kind of idiot shit is how players get COVID and why the league is a handful of cases away from getting shut down for another month.

Who the fuck are these retards? How and why are they allowed to come in contact with a brand new signing? In previous years sure but not in 2020 obviously. Forgive the presumption but considering the lack of masks and the general low intellect of most ultras, I daresay these gentlemen aren’t the most rigorous COVID-safe participants.

What a ludicrous breach of the safety protocols.

Lui
05 Oct 20, 23:51
They're protesting for minorities, so covid wont catch them.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

crzdcolombian
06 Oct 20, 03:04
So is he the new Candreva? Or can he actually cross?

I have a feeling this is going to be everyones new favorite player to hate

qb4ever_2k
06 Oct 20, 03:43
This kind of idiot shit is how players get COVID and why the league is a handful of cases away from getting shut down for another month.

Who the fuck are these retards? How and why are they allowed to come in contact with a brand new signing? In previous years sure but not in 2020 obviously. Forgive the presumption but considering the lack of masks and the general low intellect of most ultras, I daresay these gentlemen aren’t the most rigorous COVID-safe participants.

What a ludicrous breach of the safety protocols.

Give them some slacks, you don't get to see an absolute legend of the club everyday.

Alex de Large
06 Oct 20, 07:51
0 - Fever Dream. An anonymous player no one will ever remember. Palombo, Robbie Keane.

Joker
06 Oct 20, 07:58
Welcome Darmian, and good fuck...I mean luck.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome Darmian, and good fuck...I mean luck.

Ffi201zi002tlis
06 Oct 20, 09:05
22.45% voted for "5 - Club legend. Contender to have his number retired, like Zanetti or Facchetti.", the expectation here is sky-high. Ballon d'Or 's contenders better watch out :fap:

NimAraya
06 Oct 20, 10:33
22.45% voted for "5 - Club legend. Contender to have his number retired, like Zanetti or Facchetti.", the expectation here is sky-high. Ballon d'Or 's contenders better watch out :fap:

The chance is very high, as probably no one's ever going to choose the #36 again.

Darth_Ausilio
06 Oct 20, 13:26
As I see many of you have doubts as to why we signed Master Darmian, allow me to explain.

We are talking about someone who is a treble winner.
A player who is a Guinness World Record holder.
https://sportslens.com/matteo-darmian-and-antonio-valencia-enter-the-guinness-world-records-for-most-goals-scored-from-the-corner-in-one-minute/262151/

Above all, let us not overlook that Darmian has a very attractive wife, who will raise the standard of our WAGs.

DARi0
06 Oct 20, 14:21
Darmian: 'I will never forget Parma'

https://sempreinter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Welcome-Darmian.jpg

Inter full-back Matteo Darmian thanked Parma after completing his move to San Siro and said he will ‘never forget’ the group he was part of at the Ennio Tardini.

The 30-year-old former Italy international has reunited with former CT Antonio Conte at San Siro and leaves Parma after only one season with the Crociati.

The right-back moves after having played three games in the new season, adding to the 33 appearances in Serie A 2019-20 with the Gialloblu.

Darmian thanked his former club and the fans, saying the group at Parma will always be in his heart.

“Thanks Parma and thanks to the fans,” Darmian wrote on Twitter. “Now, a new adventure awaits me.

“I leave a fantastic group that I will never forget, a group that I will face on the pitch as an opponent but that I will always carry in my heart.”

Darmian’s impressive stint at Torino earned him a big move to Manchester United in July 2015, but after four seasons and 92 competitive games for the Red Devils, he returned to Italy and Parma in 2019.

> I`m sure many FIF members already hope he will return ASAP.

#NotForMe
06 Oct 20, 14:23
Low cost backup for several positions, I don't mind this one. He isn't as bad as some of you are making him out to be. IMO he is like another D'Ambrosio, its good to have a few such players on the bench. Specially in a season where we may have big absences due to COVID-19.

My frustration with this transfer window is Inter failing to add some quality players where we have clear gaps. Like a starting LWB, a quality DM and perhaps a decent back up striker. I guess we are really skint. Also failing to get rid of some deadwood. Perhaps people are channelling their frustration about these issues on to Darmian.

Point is we have one D'Ambrosio already...

magnesium
06 Oct 20, 15:13
Welcome Darmian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8nMypTVHcA

Nice Video. Grande Inter Media House.

Alex de Large
06 Oct 20, 15:24
biggest budget for the video not for vidal, not for hakimi, not for eriksen.
FOR DARMIAN.

vex
06 Oct 20, 17:18
I shat on all videos so far and rightfully so, but I must say this one was decent.:D

Eddie
06 Oct 20, 17:34
As I see many of you have doubts as to why we signed Master Darmian, allow me to explain.

We are talking about someone who is a treble winner.
A player who is a Guinness World Record holder.
https://sportslens.com/matteo-darmian-and-antonio-valencia-enter-the-guinness-world-records-for-most-goals-scored-from-the-corner-in-one-minute/262151/

Above all, let us not overlook that Darmian has a very attractive wife, who will raise the standard of our WAGs.

She’s average as hell......

wera
06 Oct 20, 17:44
You're Colombian, ofc Colombian women look far better than Italian

brehme1989
06 Oct 20, 18:54
Nah, she really is average looking. Wouldn't turn any heads if she was walking in the streets of Milano.

Tsuna
06 Oct 20, 19:26
Was about to all call you guys gay for saying that. But then looked her up. Yep PASS

Ethor
06 Oct 20, 19:55
Voted him a '1' hope he proves me wrong and is a lot better, but man....4 yrs.

Eddie
06 Oct 20, 20:17
You're Colombian, ofc Colombian women look far better than Italian

Lol....Like brehme says you wouldn’t even look at her twice. I was expecting her to be on the level of Lautaro’s girl.

Raul Duke
07 Oct 20, 02:58
I’m holding out for the fearsome RWB/RCB pairing of D’Ambrosio/D’Armian.

Ffi201zi002tlis
07 Oct 20, 08:08
From wikipedia:

An intelligent, dynamic, hard-working, and versatile player, he is known for his good quality of offensive and defensive play, as well as his tactical awareness, pace, and stamina, attributes which allow him to cover the wing effectively and provide width to his team when attacking; his professionalism, as well as his promising and consistent performances in his youth, led him to be compared to several esteemed Italian former full-backs, such as Antonio Cabrini and Paolo Maldini
:work:

phonk
07 Oct 20, 09:10
That’s alright, Darmians wife would pass on you guys as well.

RickyMaravilla'sRightFoot
07 Oct 20, 17:49
Literally any young Italian fullback that plays half of a decent season is "the new Maldini"

brehme1989
21 Oct 20, 21:58
His best game with the club!!

Pajo
21 Oct 20, 21:59
How bad we were says the fact he was one of our better players.. FML.

magnesium
21 Oct 20, 22:03
If only that heading was IN :oblivious:

PHM1605
21 Oct 20, 22:09
Darmian is technical limited but he KNOWS what to do as a wingback. Something Perisic never does.

His movement has been nearly perfect. He is proving me wrong, forza Darmian!!!

uny_arturo
21 Oct 20, 22:10
He's no Hakimi. But he played better than Perisic.

Ethor
21 Oct 20, 22:14
Yikes! He was one of best players on the pitch today.

Gaindé
21 Oct 20, 22:19
Serious game from Darmian today.

Bluenine
21 Oct 20, 23:02
Like I said, this transfer isn't as bad as people were making it out to be. Not surprised with his game today, wasn't great but good enough for back up RWB.

Perisic was shite today, either he learns the movement required of a LWB or he is useless to us in this formation.

CafeCordoba
21 Oct 20, 23:03
Better than expected for sure.

I don't see him as RCB, like AT ALL. He's too skinny and weak.

GenDire
22 Oct 20, 00:04
I thought it was pretty funny that he seems to have great chemistry with D'Ambrosio, the player that is most like him in the squad

Glass box
22 Oct 20, 00:06
Darmian>Perisic.

Vertigo
22 Oct 20, 00:39
An okay performance and a safe choice. He’s just like biraghi without his crossing accuracy

surripere
22 Oct 20, 00:53
Good show, considering he was thrown in the deep end.

thatdude
22 Oct 20, 02:24
If he can play equally well on the left then he will be benching Perisic until Young comes back.

K.I.
22 Oct 20, 02:34
Really good debut, surprised me TBH.

22 Oct 20, 03:58
Solid game tbh. He's never going to impress in the attacking phase so we should just accept that now.

Currently, he interprets the role much better than Perisic and presents less of a risk in defense.

thatdude
22 Oct 20, 04:25
He had a ball for Lukaku that was actually a good pass if he finished his run. Instead Lukaku stopped and expected Darmian to know he was going to sit in the middle of the 18 yard box.

Universe
22 Oct 20, 04:59
Lukaku can eat a fucking dick. I'm getting so fed up with that stupid cunt.

Darmian was very good today. Obviously he's a very limited player but he played at the absolute extent of those limits and IMO one of the best on the pitch.

Of course, one good performance does not vindicate his very existence in this club - that is still a joke. He needs to keep buying goodwill for himself with performances like these and then we'll see.

Good work today, Darmo. I'll be keeping one eye on you, cunt.

BasedGodPunk
22 Oct 20, 05:17
Poor Hakimi, he’ll recover from covid just for conte to continue giving his spot to Darmian.

ElinaYvo
22 Oct 20, 07:53
I thought it was pretty funny that he seems to have great chemistry with D'Ambrosio, the player that is most like him in the squad

i remember they were teammates at Torino when I watched serie b 10 years ago

Palacio
22 Oct 20, 07:57
Poor Hakimi, he’ll recover from covid just for conte to continue giving his spot to Darmian.

It will spare Hakimi the embarrassment. Barella, Hakimi, Lautaro and Skriniar deserve to play for a competent coach.

Pajo
22 Oct 20, 08:02
Can he play as LWB? I have seen him as LCB, but havent really seen him on the left. If so, then he should be backup LWB/RWB, with perisic being the 7th.

pazza moratti
22 Oct 20, 13:21
Better than expected for sure.

I don't see him as RCB, like AT ALL. He's too skinny and weak.

I think he and Hakimi and Perisic came to replace Candreva and Moses, not to play as RCB?

He played some games as LWB under Conte at national team.

CafeCordoba
22 Oct 20, 18:42
He had a ball for Lukaku that was actually a good pass if he finished his run. Instead Lukaku stopped and expected Darmian to know he was going to sit in the middle of the 18 yard box.

Yeah I remember that. And what does Lukaku? Spreading his arms wondering how the fuck Darmian didn't pass the ball to him where he decided to stay rather than where he was first running. :D That's so goddamn irritating to watch in Lukaku's game. Like everyone would have to read his mind everytime, no matter how stupid decisions he might make at any given moment.

satubito
22 Oct 20, 18:47
lol everyone on the Darmian train now.

22 Oct 20, 23:38
lol everyone on the Darmian train now.

considering how low the expectations are and how shit Perisic has been.. wasn't going to take much

Candreva Crosses
22 Oct 20, 23:44
Darmian will win the love of FIF just like D'Ambrosio and Candreva managed to do.

Puma
23 Oct 20, 01:38
His performance against BM was pretty good. He was one of our better players. Compliments to him because he made his debut in the Champions League and has not been at the club for very long. Perhaps the most promising aspect of his debut is that there were a few occasions when he got into promising attacking positions and I feel that bodes well for the future.

Having said that, I think his challenge will be applying himself consistently at a high level. I do not like the fact that he is part of our squad and honestly speaking, I have huge issues with the likes of of Ashley Young and Kolarov. But if Darmian, when called upon, can play at the level that he did against BM or thereabouts, I will not be complaining.

diamen
23 Oct 20, 17:16
by the way, it is so surrealistic for me watching Darmian and Perisić in the same game and seeing Darmian is playing much much better. Darmian who was taken from low-table Parma team, who wasn't even a key player for Parma and didn't play any minute before for Inter. On the other side there is Perisić who was important player for Bayern which just have won Champions League and was the key player for Croatia in World Cup where they played in the final.

Wallace
23 Oct 20, 19:20
Goes to show, football is a team game and Perisic did not win the triplete alone for Bayern.

Ethor
24 Oct 20, 19:07
Golly another decent performance. Good job!

Joker
24 Oct 20, 19:11
Miles better than Kolarov.

- - - Updated - - -

Miles better than Kolarov.

magnesium
24 Oct 20, 19:13
What i say .. Manchester United EX Player get power up whenever playing with Inter shirt. :awyeah:

TheNetworkZ
24 Oct 20, 19:17
Hes been a Conte love interest for a while just like Lukaku was. Its not all that surprising hes done well in his first 2 games. Hopefully he keeps it up.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

YoramG
24 Oct 20, 20:22
Eh, pretty good again. Certainly doesn't seem scared or anxious while playing for a big team.

CafeCordoba
24 Oct 20, 20:43
He's bee a positive surprise. Let's see how he copes when the opponent is a bit better than not attacking Monchengladbad or Genoa.

magnesium
24 Oct 20, 20:44
He's bee a positive surprise. Let's see how he copes when the opponent is a bit better than not attacking Monchengladbad or Genoa.

Complete package. Good LWB and RWB.

Should start as LWB instead Perisic.

satubito
24 Oct 20, 22:28
Well done Matteo. Crosses, pace, offense, and defense. Been really good so far.

M.Adnan
24 Oct 20, 23:33
He really does fit his description. A mediocre player, but also energetic, hard-working and versatile. I'm starting to think that D'Ambrosio is the mediocre version of Darmian, not the other way around.

Well here's another player that should be a head of Kolarov in the pecking order.

n4l
24 Oct 20, 23:38
Hes been a Conte love interest for a while just like Lukaku was. Its not all that surprising hes done well in his first 2 games. Hopefully he keeps it up.

Wait....now he's a Conte player? :lol::lol::lol:

FiF is the greatest...

TheNetworkZ
25 Oct 20, 01:12
Wait....now he's a Conte player? :lol::lol::lol:

FiF is the greatest...Not sure whats so funny here. Conte liked him when he was Italy coach and Chelsea were linked to Darmian when Conte was coach there too.

Did I ever say otherwise?

Nothing
25 Oct 20, 02:32
I'm happy but unhappy with his good performance I'm afraid Conte favoring him than Hakimi for RWB spot lol

junkie
25 Oct 20, 08:51
he should be playing on the left, rotate him, kolarov and young...three players, lot of games , twonof them are little older so everybody should be happy...just no more perisic, he just waist every ball, he runs when he should stop on the ball and stops on the ball when he shoul run/pass quickly...i would like to see more kolarov and bastoni on the left we this teams where we dominate...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Choppin Onions
25 Oct 20, 08:52
There’s no way we’re gonna blow our mercato load on Hakimi only to have him benched by Darmian. Hakimi adds a big dimension to our attack. Like Maicon did. Not saying he’s good as the Brazilian of course but same kind of attacking skill. And ridiculous pace of course.

Il Drago
25 Oct 20, 09:44
he should be playing on the left, rotate him, kolarov and young...three players, lot of games , twonof them are little older so everybody should be happy...just no more perisic, he just waist every ball, he runs when he should stop on the ball and stops on the ball when he shoul run/pass quickly...i would like to see more kolarov and bastoni on the left we this teams where we dominate...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Whenever i had seen Darmian playing on the left at Man Utd and Parma, he was pretty bad. He is much better on the right. Even in his good seasons at Torino he was playing on the right and D'Ambrosio on the left. Till Young is back better play Hakimi on the left and Darmian on the right than vice versa.

brehme1989
25 Oct 20, 13:23
So we have concluded that Darmian must be a starter now?

uny_arturo
25 Oct 20, 13:45
So we have concluded that Darmian must be a starter now?

Nope. But the 12th man, like DDA, the first player you pick to deputise the usual starter and don't have to sweat about.

n4l
26 Oct 20, 13:33
Not sure whats so funny here. Conte liked him when he was Italy coach and Chelsea were linked to Darmian when Conte was coach there too.

Did I ever say otherwise?

Bro. All over the darmian transfer thread was talk that this was a gentleman's agreement with Parma "prior to Conte". So sorry, but it's funny that he plays 2 solid games and he's a conte player. Meanwhile, kolarov has been a disaster so he's not a Conte player :lol:

Let's just follow the rule that's been established.

- If the player turns out to be good, it was Conte's request.
- If the player turns out to be bad, it was Ausillo's move

There....easy. Solves all issue :pokerface:

:oblivious:

Il Drago
26 Oct 20, 14:54
Darmian is probably Marotta. Marotta had tried to sign Darmian at Juventus every year since he joined Man Utd.

2016: https://www.football-italia.net/92822/juventus-challenge-inter-darmian

2017: https://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusive/2017/01/06/31180642/juventus-line-up-summer-move-for-man-utds-darmian

2018: https://www.goal.com/en-qa/news/juventus-set-to-sign-10m-darmian-and-keep-man-utd-target/xomdiy88ojqu10mvkprait16t

The trend continued at Inter.

https://www.football-italia.net/133608/report-inter-darmian

https://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Serie-A/Inter/19-04-2019/inter-casting-terzino-oltre-danilo-c-darmian-mercato-330903696993.shtml

https://sempreinter.com/2019/07/09/inter-behind-juventus-in-battle-to-sign-manchester-uniteds-darmian/

Universe
26 Oct 20, 15:46
Why is this even being disputed. I thought it was common knowledge that Marotta has wanted Darmian for years.

Just like that cunt Mirabelli who had some ridiculous hard-on for fucking Borini.. We were linked to Borini every 6 months while Mirabelli was our scout/chief scout. Then the moment Mirabelli takes a job at Southampton, they sign Borini. Then of course, when Milan hilariously hired Mirabelli as their sporting director, one of his first moves was to sign Borini again :lol: retard.

Seems like every coach, scout or DS has that one mediocre player they're inexplicably obsessed with. With Mirabelli, it's Borini. With Marotta, Darmian. As others have speculated, these must be their illegitimate children they are looking after.

Ed.
26 Oct 20, 16:48
Darmian is probably Marotta. Marotta had tried to sign Darmian at Juventus every year since he joined Man Utd.

2016: https://www.football-italia.net/92822/juventus-challenge-inter-darmian

2017: https://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusive/2017/01/06/31180642/juventus-line-up-summer-move-for-man-utds-darmian

2018: https://www.goal.com/en-qa/news/juventus-set-to-sign-10m-darmian-and-keep-man-utd-target/xomdiy88ojqu10mvkprait16t

The trend continued at Inter.

https://www.football-italia.net/133608/report-inter-darmian

https://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Serie-A/Inter/19-04-2019/inter-casting-terzino-oltre-danilo-c-darmian-mercato-330903696993.shtml

https://sempreinter.com/2019/07/09/inter-behind-juventus-in-battle-to-sign-manchester-uniteds-darmian/

We had tried to chase Darmian even before he went to United.

.h.
26 Oct 20, 16:50
Weve been chasing Darmian for years.

That being said it doesn't mean the decision to bring him in specifically now wasnt necessarily conte or marottas

Il Drago
28 Oct 20, 10:51
What was exactly the point of bringing in Darmian at 80th minute last night? Subbing in Kolarov and switching to a back 4 would make a lot more sense.

Harpsabu
30 Oct 20, 16:20
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CG-MlQGKaw6/?igshid=8pxk8cyebx5f

Disturbing

BasedGodPunk
08 Nov 20, 20:21
One of the single greatest players my eyes have ever had the privilege of witnessing.

Palacio
08 Nov 20, 21:52
What was exactly the point of bringing in Darmian at 80th minute last night? Subbing in Kolarov and switching to a back 4 would make a lot more sense.

If you want peace of mind don't ever use logic when discussing anything related to Conte or Marotta because they almost always do the opposite of common sense.

Ethor
09 Nov 20, 01:17
Is this guy going to be the best signing in 2020? Could be, cause he played decent again today.

CoolMan44
09 Nov 20, 04:09
He has been good. You cant fault him for not having Hakimi's pace. I put the blame on Conte for not putting in Hakimi from the start to exploit an inexperienced player in his debut Serie A game. I think Darmian is actually doing a good job in terms of his ability - he's a better fit for a wing-back than D'Ambrosio.

Choppin Onions
09 Nov 20, 04:42
He’s been fine. Which is massive praise from me considering how shit I thought he was gonna be. It would be an Inter thing to do to buy an extremely talented and promising wingback for a hefty amount of money only to have him replaced by a generic Italian however.

ADRossi
09 Nov 20, 05:10
He has been good. You cant fault him for not having Hakimi's pace. I put the blame on Conte for not putting in Hakimi from the start to exploit an inexperienced player in his debut Serie A game. I think Darmian is actually doing a good job in terms of his ability - he's a better fit for a wing-back than D'Ambrosio.

D'Ambrosio was never a wing back. He's slow, poor in attack, and incapable of completing anything beyond the most simple of passes. His only viable role in this squad is as a RCB against teams lacking pace or a RWB when we have a lead and are looking to see out a match.

Provi
10 Nov 20, 02:39
Which is funny because Mazzari definitely signed him to play LWB back then and forced Nagatomo to RWB in which he sucked.

Puma
10 Nov 20, 02:59
Mazzari! LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Which is funny because Mazzari definitely signed him to play LWB back then and forced Nagatomo to RWB in which he sucked.

Mazzari! LOL

Bluenine
28 Nov 20, 15:52
Good game today. Like I said, people were being too harsh re the Darmian transfer. He never was as bad as some were making him out to be, a decent cheap buy for back up RB/RWB.

brehme1989
28 Nov 20, 15:54
As long as he's the backup, it's fine. The problems will start when Hakimi becomes the backup.

magnesium
28 Nov 20, 15:59
The only man who can defeat D'ambrosio

Darmian :troll:

28 Nov 20, 16:50
No Darmian. No Party :fuckyea:

syrus
28 Nov 20, 17:02
Good game today. Like I said, people were being too harsh re the Darmian transfer. He never was as bad as some were making him out to be, a decent cheap buy for back up RB/RWB.

I was one of them
So far he's been ok, as a back up he is fine kinda Dumbo level

YoramG
28 Nov 20, 19:21
I thought he was going to have a nightmare against Boga, but him, Vidal, and Skriniar didn't really let him have a sniff.

Played well, good assist, and very good defensively. Like Brehme said, very good rotation option so far.

uny_arturo
28 Nov 20, 21:48
Gotta admit I was overly harsh on Darmian at the beginning. Good rotation player. Hopefully his quality will bring us further in Coppa Italia.

Batman
28 Nov 20, 22:06
Good player to have

Universe
29 Nov 20, 05:08
Just want to say that I wholly endorsed this signing right from the beginning.

Wallace
29 Nov 20, 06:46
I was correct voting him club legend, he already is one after several sensational performances at the level we expected from Hakimi.

Palatiga
29 Nov 20, 07:16
when i said he's gresko with pube face, i was totally kidding!

29 Nov 20, 17:24
The Darmian avatar is becoming gradually less and less ironic.

Ronaldo
29 Nov 20, 18:17
One good game doesn't wipe out years of mediocrity...

Nerazzurri_IE
29 Nov 20, 22:13
He has looked better than expected so far. Hopefully he keeps playing well though or he could easily become just another forgotton player.