PDA

View Full Version : Bobo??? Don't go...Or please Go!!!

Sisenando
20 Apr 04, 17:55
Dear Bobo, why must u put us in this state? What is your freakin' problem? Do you hate us?The club? or simply Zac? Are you intimidated by Adriano and Obafemi that you have to resort to childish qualms? You want a place in the team eh? Why don't u work for it....Wee love you Bobo. Why don't u respond to our love? Wear your heart on your sleeve, tough man, and it'll lead you to places. :heart: :heart: You know, your age is catching up with you...Why don't you help us on the pitch rather that make Fachetti a happy man by being a good piece of business? You know, Chelsea is lurking and Hernan is there... But u don't expect it to be the same there right?U know what a theatre the San Siro is...It'll be fun to see you bang in the goals, CELEBRATE and maybe give us a little something more for a few more seasons... ;) And after that, you can fight with all the ppl u want to fight with and throw your tantrums all over Milan. So my dear gentleman, give us a little pleasure in seeing you pass on your invaluable experience to Obafemi and Adriano.

Sincerely yours,
Your biggest fan,
Recoba87

SB9Dragon
20 Apr 04, 18:30
I don't get it.... how can you be Vieri's biggest name when your name sports Recoba's name in it? ;)

Sisenando
20 Apr 04, 18:43
Yo bro, Inter is in my blood, thus i'm the biggest fan of all inter players, the architects of the sublime game. And physically, its safe to say i'ma BIG man....weighing in at almost Bobo's weight, you couldn't argue could you? :D

Interforeva
20 Apr 04, 22:25
I will be so sad if Vieri leaves or should I say when he leaves :cry2: I am sad because of the way it has happened, it has all gone sour between him and the fans. All the stuff with the not celebrating goals, the firebombs, some fans turning on him, the probs with Zac, refusing the bench and of course that ridiculous phone-in incident :depress:

It is obvious Vieri and Zac do not get on and this will have an influence on him leaving, but I still think Vieri has lost many of the fans respect and so it would b hard for him to stay even if Zac goes. Moratti still loves him but he is no longer president so I have no hope that he will stay. It is a shame the way it will probably end and Vieri has contributed to his own downfall, a lot of fans will prob say good riddance but I will still b sad to see him go.

BFC82
21 Apr 04, 04:34
excerpt taken from the guardian;

Our Christian, described by Sven-Goran Eriksson last Monday as "a great professional" is one of Inter's highest-paid players, but this didn't stop him pulling a similar stunt last December, when he skipped a Cup match at Udinese. Throw in his refusal to celebrate his goals this season, and his unease at earning buckets of cash at the long-suffering club has been all too evident. He won't have to suffer too much longer, though, as the club have already found his replacement in Adriano, who (a) is 10 years younger, (b) scores more and (c) smiles afterwards. And this Sunday, Inter fans left no one in any doubt about where their allegiances lie - unveiling, in between chants for Zaccheroni and Adriano, a 50-metre banner reading "Vieri, get off our balls!"

Who knows what next weekend holds for Christian and Perugia, assuming either of them bothers showing up? As for the other title race, it promises to be another decisive round, as indeed they all must be with a month to go.

Ziyad
21 Apr 04, 05:14
Well i am happy the fans are supporting Zac in this one...could this mean they support him for an extra season or just for that incident over Vieri's bad attitude.?

Jimmy
21 Apr 04, 06:27
I support any coach during these circumstances, even if he is a complete idiot when it comes to tactics and all. ;)

I see this more as a Vieri vs Inter issue. It´s not Zac´s or any coach´s side we should support. It´s Inter, and it is Inter Vieri has disgraced. He has humiliated our bench players by refusing to be one of them. He has disrespected the coach.

I accept (albeit not being pleased with it) players who complain that they play too little, because that shows they want to play more for Inter. But whenever a player refuses to do as he is told, I draw the line. And then it doesn´t matter who the damn player is.

Stefan
21 Apr 04, 08:19
I agree with jimmy. This is a case of supporting inter not ZAC. Personally I want both gone at the end of the season. ;)

cool_cuchu
21 Apr 04, 09:45
I agree with Jimmy in this matter.. Vieri should respect coach's decision.. even when it's against him...

but I want vieri to stay.. next season..

21 Apr 04, 09:56
there used to be a time when BOBO carried the entire team... scorig vital goals at the most critical times.... for that we say THANK YOU BOBO.
sadly however those times have come to an end. that Vierri is gone, and all that is left is a shadow of a great player. in short and to be as straight forward as possible, the new Vierri does not seem to care about inter at all. that is sad, when you see some one like the captain and many others running up and down the field trying their best to do something, and then vierri refusing to move a couple of steps to receive a pass........
i say thank you bobo for all the good times but if you do not feel the love for inter anymore, it is better that you leave and make space for someone who does.... and do it soon before you loose all the appreciation that we the fans have for you.... you are surely heading that way with all the stuff thaht you are doing...

Sisenando
21 Apr 04, 09:57
yo people, Stefan in particular, Zac should not go. It would be unfair right? He hasn't proven himself yet. He doesnt have the squad he wants.He took over halfway and the team is basically built along Cuper's tactics.It would be justified if he was given another season to show us where he can take us to. And Bobo, with or without him, Zac must sort this out quickly. Bobo is a great player. A shame if he was to leave like this. For goodness sake, give him a testimonial as an appreciation to his services. Bobogol....I love you...

Tommi
21 Apr 04, 10:02
I agree with Jimmy in this matter.. Vieri should respect coach's decision.. even when it's against him...
Agree as well.

I´ve been quite a pissed about this Vieri situation. I´m pissed to Vieri and pissed to media who exaggerates this whole Vieri issue. Vieri did a mistake for not going to the bench, but i guess it´s still better to train if he feels like it? He knows what´s best for him. He wanna stay in form and in bench you can´t do that. He´s 30 now (almost 31) and he´s not in that age anymore when he could help his team by playing the last 10 or so minutes. Like he said: "I have certain technical characteristics and I need an hour to warm up... So I don't think I'm suitable for ten to fifteen minutes on the field."

I guess he knows best, but it still was mistake from him for not accepting the coach decision. Not as huge mistake as media tells it is, but still a mistake.

Dunno, i really really hope he stays (´cause i think i´m one of his biggest fans), but it´s kinda difficult to stay ´cause almost every fan hates his guts. If Vieri and Adriano won´t play at the same time, then it´s better for Vieri to leave. If Vieri stays, then i´m 100% sure Zac goes.

Anywayz, this song is perfect for this situation:

Should I Stay Or Should I Go (The Clash)

Darling you gotta let me know
Should I stay or should I go?
If you say that you are mine
I'll be here 'til the end of time
So you got to let know

Always tease tease tease
You're happy when I'm on my knees
One day is fine, next is black
So if you want me off your back
Well come on and let me know
Should I Stay or should I go?

Should I stay or should I go now?
If I go there will be trouble
An' if I stay it will be double
So come on and let me know

This indecision's bugging me
Esta indecision me molesta
If you don't want me, set me free
Si no me quieres, librame
Exactly who'm I'm supposed to be
Digame quien tengo ser
Don't you know which clothes even fit me?
Sabes que ropas me queda?
Come on and let me know
Me tienes que decir
Should I cool it or should I blow?
Me debo ir o quedarme?

"Me entra frio por los ojos" (y es verdad)
If I go there will be trouble
Si me voy va a haber peligro
And if I stay it will be double
Si me quedo va a ser doble
So you gotta let me know
Me tienes que decir
"Me entra frio por los ojos

Jimmy
21 Apr 04, 10:08
The whole thing with him needing to warm up for an hour, is just bollony. When I was at Pinetina, he came out and blasted free-kicks and penalties without being warmed up at all.

Then he can sit on the bench as well, if he´s that irresponsible that he risks being injured by not warming up before shooting a ball.

Tommi
21 Apr 04, 10:22
You were at Pinetina once and you were far far away from pitch, am i correct?

How do you know he didn´t warm up at gym or somewhere else before he blasts those balls?

Jimmy
21 Apr 04, 10:36
Because I talked with the guys who were allowed to join their training up close. And there was no gym that day, and they followed the players very closely.

So that´s why I know that he didn´t warm up before blasting free-kicks and penalties.

Tommi
21 Apr 04, 12:14
Hear say hear say.

Of course it could be true that he didn´t warm-up before those shots, but i fail to believe it. Players have changing rooms where they can warm-up, i bet they can warm-up plenty of places without fans seeing/knowing that.

Ziyad
21 Apr 04, 14:20
I luv Vieir but this is unacceptable behavior...If he has to go i would rather not see him go to an Italian team.maybe sell him to Barca or an English team but not to one of the Italian giant teams...That would break my heart and more than that can come to haunt us.

cool_cuchu
21 Apr 04, 15:38
the last action done by the club indicated vieri will stay...,

MoH
21 Apr 04, 16:16
I will be devastated whenever he decides to leave, we are not living in a fantasy he’ll have to retire soon in the next 8-10+ years? Who knows, but I certainly don’t want him to leave now for this stupid episode, I won’t mind having him for the next 6 years...He’s still got a future with us, he might have to solve his ego a bit.

kev32
21 Apr 04, 16:40
I hope that he doesn't leave us.
I always have been a big fan off him.

So i hope that he will stay with us till the end off his career

Sisenando
22 Apr 04, 01:43
Was it necessary that we got out and took Dejan and adriano at that time of the season? If it wasn't for Adriano's immediate arrival, Bobo would still be commanding a first team spot. Ok, he may be lacklustre at times but that is what strikers are for.They have good form and bad form and honestly, only stay in the box. As Bobo is an expierenced striker, he knows where go to be at the right place at the right time. You can't expect him to go back and defend at times....He won't like that. And why Bobo seem like an imbecile now? Because he hasn't been given enough starting games tis' season. He isn't sick of the fans, He loves us. The fact of the matter is that, he is angered by how the club is run by the men upstairs. And c'mon, we hate the way it is run as well right? So why is it wrong that Bobo be our representative and protest the wrong doings of the board? But it seems to have backfired because it has turned everyone against him, including the fans, Zac and the board altogether. For me, Bobo is our most prized asset because he has that invaluable experience he can later on pass to Obafemi and Adriano. Plus, our dire position in the table is a reflection of Obafemi's and Adriano's lack of experience in front of goal. Do not look further that the Milan derby....Adriano hit the post 3 times with his efforts... Had the ball fallen to a cooler head like Bobo, the bragging rights would be ours for the taking and ACMilan will be stabbed, raped, dead and buried.......

Sincerely yours,
Your biggest fan,
Recoba87

Handoyo
22 Apr 04, 04:51
Tommi: IMO, the 60 minute warming up thing is a lie by Vieri. I mean, you don't warm up for 60 minutes!!! It won't be called as warming up if you do it that long. :dielaugh::howler: But, even if it's true, then Vieri should have warmed up first before the game in case he'll be put in, right??? Why does he have to refuse the coach's decision??? And if it's true that Vieri warms up for 60 minutes, then Vieri can never be a bench player...

Recoba87: Vieri has to accept competition. It is necessary to get both Deki and Adriano at the winter IMO. It was because at that point of the transfer, our season was bleak than we can afford to use the rest of it to allow both newcomers to adapt to the team instead of asking them to adopt to us next season, which may cost us a few matches next season. Do you get what I mean??? :D About the Milan Derby, c'mon. Vieri was outclassed by a nearly retired player in Billy Costacurta in that game!!! Vieri has always sucked for us in the latest few of Derby d'Madoninna. Look no further than last 4 Derby games that he played for us.

Hand;)yo

cool_cuchu
22 Apr 04, 06:57
If Vieri respects other players as well as the coach,
the coach can help him to achieve his maximum perfomance...

yeap, Vieri is certainly one of our best player, but at the same time..
he's now on par with adriano..

if he give his respect to the team, we can forget the facts that he sucks sometimes...

Miki
22 Apr 04, 11:41
Zai, we've discussed this too some length the other day. Well, at least you know the stance of some of the other members here on this forum. :)

Vieri is a professional and as such, he should understand that there comes a time that competition, stiff competition will arrive. He should very well know that the coach, however inept, will choose the best players he sees fit to start the games. Of course, many will argue that Vieri deserves that starting place more than, let's say Adriano or Martins. But for everyone person who champions the cause for Vieri to start, there will probably be an equal number of people who believe that it's time for both Adriano and Martins to claim the starting places that they deserve.

The latter 2 have played relatively well, whether together or with the various strike partners at Inter. IMO, they bring a dimension to the attack that wasn't as apparent when Bobo was the striker upfront. And no, please don't misunderstand my statement. Vieri himself brings a lot of excellent qualities that will help any team; it is just that he is 31 this year, and will certainly lose some of that edge that he so possessed in recent years. If Zac feels that it's time for him to start experiencing what it is like to be on the bench as part of a rotational system, then so be it. There is no birthright for Vieri to start every game. That notion is simply incredulous.

And thus, if Vieri chooses to publicly make known his feelings, then he should also bear the consequences. This huge falling out will have severe repercussions - i believe that Vieri's time at Inter will come to an end by the time summer comes around. Zai, Vieri is indeed one of our most prized assets, but we cannot let players dictate the way we play and how we lineup. If you look at the situation from a neutral stance, you will see streaks of a mercenary in Vieri. Nobody holds a club to ransom, and you cannot expect to have popular support for doing so. It's time to envision a future for Inter without Vieri.

Ciao,
Tim

scutzon
22 Apr 04, 12:13
for some of you guys who didn't know, i became and Inter fan all because of Vieri... you guys owe it all to Vieri that i'm here, not that you care, ok, so let's get to the point...

being a fan of Vieri, i understand that he wishes to be played, especially right from the start... but his sudden outburst was very unnecessary, and very unproffesional, IMO. he should at least talk to Zac, and make his stand clear, that he wishes to train then play for 10-15 minutes. he's getting old, and he's probably having those i'm-so-scared-i'm-gonna-be-dropped feeling... with Adriano and Martins performing so well in recent matches, Vieri should perform better and prove himself in order to earn a starting place... whining around doesn't help...

but, i kind of feel very sad for him too... i know how he's feeling, but i (we) cannot do anything... i know that Inter is facing a daunting task ahead, having to win the remaining matches so that we can get a comfortable 4th position int eh Serie A. thus, playing Vieri when he's in such a form would be a risk to our hopes... but i want Vieri to play too... but i seriously hope Vieri pick himself up and play proffesionally, and prove to everyone out there, that he's still the best striker in Italy...

:star: :heart: FORZA VIERI BOBOGOL :heart: :star:

Sisenando
22 Apr 04, 17:25
Why do you guys think that Bobo is a stuck up player holding the club at ransom? He isnt! He's voicing his anger at how poor the club is being handled. The board doesnt have a particular system.He is angered by the way some of our ex players have been shooed out to other teams. He hates it when his ex team mates play for AC. This obviously causes an immense confusion in his head. He hates AC but loves his ex team mates( i.e Seedorf, Pirlo, etc) He tries to represent the fans by acting as a, well, stubborn ass, and protest against the club. However, it seems the fans don't get it. He represents us. US who hate the way the club is being run. Every season(recently), they flush players out and buy em' in by the dozen. Probably the sole survivor being Captain O Wonderful, Javier. So it isnt fair to the coach and the fans that their team is always changing. If we had a squad which is consistent and consists of maybe 22 playerz max, we could actually have a Championship winning team :dielaugh: .And regardless of who is on form, Bobo is the one either Obafemi or Adriano should partner in front of gol.Simply because of class. Remember, when Adriano first burst onto the scene with Inter before moving on to Parma, he did so partnering Bobo most of the time..And that could be the key to our future success....Having Bobo regardless of his age in front of goal.He Carried us before, he will Carry us again :heart: :heart: ....I'm confident in his abilities...

Sincerely yours,
Your biggest fan,
Recoba87

Ziyad
22 Apr 04, 17:52
Dont kid urself...Vieri is more about himself and his back before being about the fans.If he was about the fans he wouldnt create such distruptions when we are after an important goal which is the CL spot.He wouldnt care if he is on the bench or starting if it was anything other than his ego thats talking.DOnt get me wrong i luv the guy too and would hate to see him in other colors but i am not blinded from the luv that i cant see the aweful truth.

Miki
22 Apr 04, 19:16
Why do you guys think that Bobo is a stuck up player holding the club at ransom? He isnt! He's voicing his anger at how poor the club is being handled. The board doesnt have a particular system.He is angered by the way some of our ex players have been shooed out to other teams. He hates it when his ex team mates play for AC. This obviously causes an immense confusion in his head. He hates AC but loves his ex team mates( i.e Seedorf, Pirlo, etc) He tries to represent the fans by acting as a, well, stubborn ass, and protest against the club. However, it seems the fans don't get it. He represents us. US who hate the way the club is being run. Every season(recently), they flush players out and buy em' in by the dozen. Probably the sole survivor being Captain O Wonderful, Javier. So it isnt fair to the coach and the fans that their team is always changing. If we had a squad which is consistent and consists of maybe 22 playerz max, we could actually have a Championship winning team :dielaugh: .And regardless of who is on form, Bobo is the one either Obafemi or Adriano should partner in front of gol.Simply because of class. Remember, when Adriano first burst onto the scene with Inter before moving on to Parma, he did so partnering Bobo most of the time..And that could be the key to our future success....Having Bobo regardless of his age in front of goal.He Carried us before, he will Carry us again :heart: :heart: ....I'm confident in his abilities...
Well then, if Vieri had Inter's best interests at heart, he should have known that an outburst at this time of the season isn't going to help our cause. And refusing to sit on the bench just further compounds the problem. On one hand, you say he is frustrated at all the problems going on at Inter. Well, i can say that one of the problems Inter has at the moment is the Vieri issue.

Adriano did burst onto the world stage partnering Vieri. But that was 3 years ago. His performances at Parma subsequently were quite breathtaking. He doesn't need Vieri to be a great player; both may compliment each other well - but that doesn't mean nobody else plays as well with Adriano as Vieri can.

Yes Vieri has carried us in the past; but good things have to come to an end. You may have confidence in his abilities, but what about his attitude? Can you say the same?

Ciao,
Tim

Stefan
22 Apr 04, 20:29
yo people, Stefan in particular, Zac should not go. It would be unfair right? He hasn't proven himself yet. He doesnt have the squad he wants.He took over halfway and the team is basically built along Cuper's tactics.It would be justified if he was given another season to show us where he can take us to. And Bobo, with or without him, Zac must sort this out quickly. Bobo is a great player. A shame if he was to leave like this. For goodness sake, give him a testimonial as an appreciation to his services. Bobogol....I love you...

ZAC has not succeed in his job for which he was hired. I remember fachetti's words quite clearly after ZAC was hired he said this is the only way we can stay in the scudetto race. Well we ain't in the race and we got knocked out of cl. Quite clearly ZAC failed. With ZAC we have been humilaited by milan,roma,arsenal,empoli and lecce and brecia.

Do you really think that 2 wins vs juve in a season gives ZAC another season?

Handoyo
23 Apr 04, 02:49
Vieri doesn't represent us. Yes, he protested against the club when sold our stars. But do you remember when he said, "I want Veron but they didn't give me him"??? Hello, Bobo!!! What do you think is Emre's reaction when he heard this??? This is indirectly an insult by Vieri to Emre because should Veron come, he'll take Emre's place. We were still coached by Cuper and played 4-4-2 btw, back then.

About the teams that keep changing, I agree that we shouldn't change the team by much. But, referring to the statement above, Vieri wanted Veron which means that Vieri wanted the team to change.

Just like Tim say, it's ridiculous that Bobo should be guaranteed a place upfront. A team is bigger than any player. This applies to every player, no one excluded. If Adriano and Martins are in better form than Vieri, they should start. And besides, we don't know why Zac wanted to bench Vieri against Bologna. It could be that Zac thinks that Vieri isn't fully fit and that a 100% Adriano is better than Vieri. Or, Zac doesn't want Vieri's injury to get worse should there be any clash of head between Bobo and Bologna's player.

Oh, and about Adriano's burst to the world scene, he didn't do it with Vieri. Vieri was injured after a few games into the 01/02 season and didn't recover until midway of that season. Whereas Adriano played only the first part of that season and get loaned to Fiorentina somewhen when Vieri recovered. So there's no way Adriano was helped by Vieri.

Hand;)yo

Sisenando
23 Apr 04, 03:34
Of course Zac doesn't want Bobo to play. He has to make changes to his squad now that he has failed Fachetti and us. Sadly, he had to get rid of a big name player to show the world that changes are being made. He probably is doing so to cover up his tactical blunders throughout the season. Realistically, he definitely can't pick a fight with Javier, our Captain fantastico. Thus, Bobo was chosen as the scapegoat. C'mon, who else in the squad has a bigger reputation than Bobo? None! He had to make this earth shattering decision and show that he's the boss and can take anyone out as and when he wants to.Zac is shying away from the fact that HE is the failure and he is trying to distract us with making a hash out of Bobo's attitude. He has always been hot headed and will always be. But to pick on our Goal God is ridiculous.Of course he has to play Adriano, he was paid for! And if Adriano doesnt get games, won't he act like Bobo? I assure you that he would'nt want to even be on the bench because at the back of his mind, he knows he's such a talented individual, he could walk into any club and get regular football. Okay, so maybe Adriano didn't partner Bobo up front mostly a few seasons back, but with the impact he had, would'nt Bobo be annoyed that he did not get a chance to play with him more that season?If Adriano and the old Bobo played together again now, Italy beware....Scudetto will be ours finally..

Sincerely yours,
Your biggest fan,
Recoba87

Handoyo
23 Apr 04, 04:19
First of all, Zai, I think your post will look better if you use some paragraphing. :):D:p

You're just accusing or assuming that ac doesn't want Bobo to play because he's part of the squad who failed us. Has Zac admitted it??? No. Has Zac used Bobo when he's fit??? Yes. When Bobo was fit, he has been chosen ahead of Oba and Adriano. For examples, just look at Derby d'Madoninna and Derby d'Italia of the second half of the season. Bobo was a starter in those crunch game with Adriano & Martins his partner, respectively.

Yes, Bobo is hot headed. But being bad-tempered or the star player of the team doesn't mean that Bobo has the right to refused the coach's decision to put him on the bench. Sitting on the bench doesn't mean that you're inferior to the starter. It may be that Zac wants an absolutely fit Bobo for the up-coming decisive game against Lazio. If a just-recovered-from injury Bobo were to play against Bologna, he may get an injury which may rule him out against the Lazio game. Besides, with all due respect, Bologna has a poor defence and Zac may think that Chino - Adriano duo is enough for them.

No one is as famous as Bobo, I agree with that. But being the most famous doesn't mean that you're the best player or the most loved player in the team. Bobo is famous because the media always exagerrate and invent his so-called problems. What does having the most reputation has to do with this anyway??? Being the most famous doesn't give you the right to disagree with the coach's decision. Even if you are Javier Zanetti, if the coach ask you to sit on the bench, you have to do so.

Again, you're just assuming that Adriano won't accept the bench. I'm not saying that Adriano won't accept to be a regular substitute but Adriano has accepted the bench in some situations. A perfect example is the Derby d'Italia when Bobo - Oba was preferred ahead of him. Adriano has also sat on the bench even after he performed well in the match before. An example is the match against Sampdoria (Away) where he sat on the bench even after scoring 4 goals in 2 matche (Siena & Juve) before that game. He may be rested, but so could be Bobo when he was benched against Bologna.

Of course, if the Vieri of 01/02 and this current Adriano were to play together.....I don't think I need to say more. :scared::)

Hand;)yo

Sisenando
23 Apr 04, 08:08
First of all, Ithink you are missing my point, senÔr Handoyo. ;) Zac loves Bobo.He wants him.But he doesn't have a choice does he? He has to have a bust up with Bobo so at the end of the season, he can tell Fachetti that Bobo is the cause of our failure. And that way, he can keep his job.Its every man for himself and it's either Bobo or Zac who has to go and it's looking more and more ominous that Bobo would go. It's psychology as Bobo has to be portrayed as the man in the wrong.The jerk who cares nothing bout' us. Come the end of the season, Vieri would be worth millions of bucks and that's the only way Inter can get rid of him. Or else, they will never be able to. Fachetti and Zac knows now that Bobo is such an invaluable player, they simply cannot sell him just like that this season. Many fans have now been calling for Bobo's head because they only see Zac's side of the story. Why did Bobo refuse to sit on the bench?Surely he didn't just say it to Zac while he was smiling. Surely there is personal rivalry among them now that Zac has got Adriano and Martins in great form. As for Adriano, he's a new boy.He can take it because he just returned and will sit on the bench now. If he's Bobo's age and has been in the club for years of dedication, of course he'll react the same way. Bobo is to us like Totti is for Roma, DelPiero is to Juve and Corradi to Lazio. And all of them seem to play week in week out except our Bobo...And why's that? :fero:

I hope that this time next season, we can still be talking about the man wearing the black and blue of the pure Nerazzuri and be the man we always used to call Bobogol.... :heart: * :heart: * :heart: * :heart:

Sincerely yours,
Your biggest fan,
Recoba87

Tommi
23 Apr 04, 08:52
You guys have good points and all, but this thread just shows that this whole issue has gone too far. At Inter, everything seems to be solved ages ago, but still the fans are either overreacting or just want to exaggerate about the whole thing.

I say my views again. He refused to go the bench and that was a mistake, his only mistake. Still going to practise rather than play 10-15 minutes at the end (perhaps) may have been the best thing for him, because he just came back from injured list after that bottle thing. He felt dizzy and he had mild concussion. He preferred to practise ´cause he just wanted to get or stay in form. I see no problem with that.

Just my few cents...

Jimmy
23 Apr 04, 11:01
The problem is that he didn´t do as the coach told him to do. I´ve said that I want Vieri to stay only if he accepts a rotation role. Now it is pretty obvious that he wouldn´t accept one.

We can´t have a player refusing the bench each time our coach want to start with a different striker. It´s unheard of and uncalled for! He is a part of a team, and if we would say that every player benefits more of training than sitting on the bench, then we would end up with no one on the bench. It´s a part of Serie A football to have 7 guys on the bench, and these 7 guys would also benefit more from training than sitting on the bench. Take Fontana for example who is like 38 years old and sits on the bench every week.

In football you sit on the bench if you aren´t among the 11 players that start the game. You don´t decide to train just because of it.

Tommi
23 Apr 04, 11:26
The problem is that he didn´t do as the coach told him to do. I´ve said that I want Vieri to stay only if he accepts a rotation role.
I agree with you. If he continues refusing to go to the bench, he should and he will be sold. I just hope this one was once in a lifetime experience for him. Hope he understands that he cant refuse bench roles any longer...doesn´t matter how much he dislikes our coach.

Sisenando
23 Apr 04, 16:05
Maybe the bottle had caused him to react in this way...Its a spell or something...haha.. :D :D as i said, Bobo is a player of a different class, different level, different prestige. You simply can't drop him. He's our brains, Javier is our heart. As i said, do u see Totti benched now and then?Del piero?Corradi?Heck, even Kaka plays week in week out. It's unacceptable to bench Vieri if he deem himself fit. However, Zac should have known better :( ..

Ziyad
23 Apr 04, 16:09
If he is our brains he would have reacted better...No one should feel themselves better or bigger than the team and no one should go against the coach as if we dont have enough problems as it is....Inter is too deep in the attacking position,if Vieri cant see that and will never accept to be benched then he better move on cause that cant be the case with this team.

Ari
23 Apr 04, 17:08
If he is our brains he would have reacted better...No one should feel themselves better or bigger than the team and no one should go against the coach as if we dont have enough problems as it is....Inter is too deep in the attacking position,if Vieri cant see that and will never accept to be benched then he better move on cause that cant be the case with this team.

You're right. We have also Adriano, Chino and Martins.. If he is willing to stay with us, he has to accept squad rotation system.. Well seems atleast that Bobo is doing well with his team-mates (Check out inter.it frontpage)..

Sisenando
23 Apr 04, 18:00
If Bobo plays vs S.S Lazio this time around, I think then that its fair and that its rational for Zac to actually bench him again.Then only will he show fairness.If not, and Adriano and Obafemi start, I think bobo has been victimised.Don't you see it?Everyone is against him...Even you.. So, if he isn't given the chance to play this crunch tie, i'd say its a conspiracy between the board, Zac and Bobo. It shows he isnt treated fairly and the club is showing him the door.I rest my case.

Yours Sincerely,
STILL Your biggest fan,
Recoba87

Jake
23 Apr 04, 19:02
I still haven't said a thing about this matter, since the hostile environment here made me sick. It's again the usual situation in the Inter camp or should I say in Interfans camp. Everybody's making hasty conclusions and overreacting about this matter. Seeing the photos from today's training at Inter.it showed that the atmosphere between Bobo and the others seems to be good.

The biggest problem here is that there are loads of fans who make conclusions depending on something some other has said or the tabloids (or rubbish sites) have written. Some of us live a million kilometres away from Milano and don't know a word of italian language.

When I've seen the interviews from Vieri and Zac about this matter I can truly say that this thing has been exaggerated a lot. The main reason are some football sites that twist words and tell only half of the comments also using the words of Bobo and Zac in the wrong context. The whole polemic has grown way too big and only thing that matters is that the squad is feeling good.

I have to admit that Bobo's mistake was that he didn't obey directly Zac's orders. Every player should always obey coaches orders since he's the boss. Still as I really consider Zac as a zero, I'm pretty sure some of our players don't respect him that highly either. With the disaster season we have played (and I think Zac has had a lot to do with our failure) it only natural that this causes polemics also in the players. Bobo wasn't the first one (remember Lamouchi and VDM earlier this season). I'm not saying Bobo did right, but I do agree that it was better for him to train instead of playing the 10 minutes from the end. And I disagree that it's better for everyone to train instead of sitting on the bench and playing only 10-15 minutes. Players who are 100% fit but can't get to the starting lineup get more of playing at least a little than just train. Vieri wasn't 100% fit as we know, so it was better for him to be not in the squad at all.

In the end I think it's obvious that either Zac or Vieri will leave in the summer or maybe both will leave. But if we have to choose between them then I really have to wonder if someone would prefer keeping Zac instead of Vieri.

Ï guess most of the members know that I love Vieri more than life, but still I love Inter even more than Bobo. And I really hope we can see Bobogol in nerazzurri shirt until the end of his career.

Hammoudi
24 Apr 04, 02:45
It's true that the matter has been exaggerated and the english-speaking media had added some stuff to it. I saw an interview with Vieri right after the game and although i didn't understand what he said, he looked calm and was talking like a guy who was explaining his side of a story.

But what it boils down to is that Vieri refused a bench role and the coache's order. This is the second time he did this after he did it against Udi. And if you still remember he had a brush-up with Cuper before the Leverkusen game last year because Cuper ordered him to stay home because of his suspension and he was very upset.

Most fans didn't react negatively because of this incident. It's just that these little unncessary incidents involving him are increasing and are adding up in fans' mind. We alreay have an annual problem with our team's underachievement and the last thing we need is in-fighting in the team. Can't Vieri be an example and act like other superstars?? is that too much to ask of him?? Most people mature with age and he doesn't seem to do so.

Ziyad
24 Apr 04, 13:36
Dont get me wrong but that pic with Vieri laughing things off in the inter official site is soooo calculated i cant believe we cant see beyond that.That said i think the matter is somewhat exagerated but someone's ego led to that...Doesnt the world class Vieri know better not to do such a thing that he knows will blow out of proportion and maybe affect his team and the way fans see him.I like Vieri and i dont think he is dumb

Handoyo
24 Apr 04, 14:13
Jake: About the pictures in the Inter site, it could very well be a propaganda. Do you remember the summer of 2002??? Ronaldo was pictured to be happy and enjoying his training and in the end, we know what happened. I'm not claiming that his team-mate and coach hate Vieri but I'm just saying that we can't use pictures taken from inter.it as an evidence to prove that Vieri is happy. ;)

Hand;)yo

Tommi
24 Apr 04, 15:10
Yea yea yea, pictures are propaganda. :rolleyes: What about his interviews where he seems to be happy? Propaganda as well.

We better call him and ask him if he´s happy. But then again, he would probably lie.

Anywayz, good post Jake. *Thumbs up*

Handoyo
24 Apr 04, 16:00
Yes, pictures from inter.it are propaganda IMO. Like I've said, didn't you see the pictures of a happy Ronaldo training with the squad in the summer of 2002??? Just days/weeks before he moved to Real Madrid???

As I've said, I didn't say that Vieri is unhappy. I'm just pointing out the fact that we can't use pictures taken from inter.it to prove if Vieri is happy or not. What if there's a photo where Vieri looks unhappy??? I'm sure that pic won't be put on our website.

Hand;)yo

Ziyad
24 Apr 04, 16:21
Do u really think its a coincidence that pics of an extremely happy Vieri playing around with the rest,especially Adriano are posted at this time...I am not saying he isnt happy just that the official website seems to be trying to hard in convincing ppl....Which is not the first time they do that(which is funny and too obvious for me) Han mentioned the Ronaldo thing but there is also others which i have noticed.

Pravesh
24 Apr 04, 16:44
Even Van Meyde seems happy in the pictures....

:) ;)

Tommi
24 Apr 04, 20:20
Yada yada yada. :)

It may be propaganda that they only publish happy pictures, but they havent published any Vieri´s interviews (i´ve seen two interviews after he refused the bench) where he seems to be as happy as usual.

Inter.it is mostly full of propaganda. They never publish any bad stuff unless it´s written in every newspaper all over Italy. That´s one big reason i hardly ever read it.

Jake
24 Apr 04, 20:38
:D:D:D:D:D:D

Great one Ziyad and Han! Yeah, propaganda alright...

Maybe Moratti was pointing at Vieri with an AK-47 and said: "Bobo smile!! Andy smile!! Or else I'll shoot!" Oh, please guys, besides I never said that the pictures are the evidence, I just said that seemed happy in those pics. If there's propaganda somewhere then it's on the rubbish football sites, where they twist every word and publish only the lines they want.

Maybe you guys should stop watching conspiracy movies.

And let's keep Ronaldo out of this, it's a bit too far fetched.

Jimmy
24 Apr 04, 21:22
But if we should use inter.it as a reference point, I still can´t believe what the phuck Vieri was doing after the words that were published at inter.it made by him.

I´m still confused about these pics at inter.it throughout the year, where there seems to be so much harmony and then these dumbasses can´t perform to save their asses.

All I know is that Vieri refused to sit on the bench and disobayed the coach´s decision and disrespected the rest of the bench players. That´s all I need to know to realise that Vieri is an ass who don´t deserve to be a part of this wonderful team with such history.
Not to mention that most likely Cruz had been the one left out and indirectly Vieri said to him: "I´m too damn good to be on the bench, so your loser ass can sit on it and never be brought on"

Pics, exagguration, whatever. Refusing to do as the coach tells you to do, even when it is such a simple thing as sitting on the bench, is where I draw my line.

He´s free to complain about lack of playing time when he´s benched for an amount of time, as long as he sits his ass on the bench. Like with Van der Meyde and Lamouchi. And then Vieri is on sixth place regarding playing time, while Van der Meyde is at 14th place and Lamouchi 20th place. But when he refuse to sit on the bench and get treated as a normal player, he just shows what he is made of.

Screw the primadonna acts.

Pani
24 Apr 04, 21:28
My opinion is that Vieri should leave!He is a problem for the team!

Jake
24 Apr 04, 21:40
Not to mention that most likely Cruz had been the one left out and indirectly Vieri said to him: "I´m too damn good to be on the bench, so your loser ass can sit on it and never be brought on"

Pics, exagguration, whatever. Refusing to do as the coach tells you to do, even when it is such a simple thing as sitting on the bench, is where I draw my line.

I think Zac asked Bobo to be availble as a sub, in other words he said that Vieri would probably get to play about 10-15 minutes (like he said). So Bobo said that he can't do anything in a time like that. So wasn't it better that he didn't come to bench at all. And shouldn't Cruz be happy that he got a place in the squad and a possibility to play? Or do you think that he only wants to train. I've always thought that players want to be in the squad if they are fit.

Talk about exaggeration Jimmy, maybe you should read your own posts every now and then.

Refusing to do what coach asks is always wrong, even if the coach is a puppet like Zac. Though I see Inter's season a bit differently. I'm pretty sure there's been loads of internal problems in the squad during the season and mostly due to lack of Zac's coaching ablilities. And when everything goes the wrong way (like the season went) it's natural that there will be rows between coach and players (also between players). Many players might start to question coaches skills and so on.

The problem is that Vieri and VDM couldn't be professionals all the way, instead of keeping their mouth shut they lost their temper. I'm certain that some other players in our squad have questioned Zac's tactics and choices, but they have been wise enough to be silent.

Furthermore the bigger problem was of course the fact that it was about Vieri. Things always grow 1000 times bigger they really are when it's about Vieri. Had it been let's say Cruz, I bet there would've been only a two words about the whole thing.

Jake
24 Apr 04, 21:43
About Inter.it's reliability: We all know that they don't usually publish any "bad news". But claiming that those pics are just propaganda made me almost wet my pants, thanks for that. (Good thing that my computer is near the loo).

Jimmy
24 Apr 04, 21:43
For the Inter fans, it would be a mayor thing, since us Inter fans don´t give a damn about who the player is, as long as it´s an Inter player.

For the media it would have been a different case. The critizism for Vieri started immidiately after we saw that Vieri wasn´t on the bench for the game against Bologna. So media, has been no difference for us.

Sisenando
25 Apr 04, 06:02
Now, the fact of the matter is that, Bobo and not Cruz has been in our club for seasons. For Cruz, being at Inter is already a bonus. For goodness sake, he was playing for BOLOGNA! So, he should consider himself lucky to be even training with Bobo. Now, Bobo is the asset to our club and true, maybe he acts like an ass sometimes. However, isnt it unfair to him to bring lower class players to the club (i.e, with all due respect to him, Cruz)? I'm not saying that Cruz isnt good, its just that Champions League is not for the inexperienced. When in the national squad, Cruz is nowhere near Crespo, Saviola and even C.Lopez...

So, my point is, it IS okay for Cruz to be benched. But for an impact playa like Bobo, NO, no way is he gonna play 15-20 mins.

Now tell me which official website shows unhappy players? Maybe Bobo was happy because Zac fell down and hurt his A$$ or something :D but no, the ronaldo thing is not far fetched. Inter always fools the fans regarding player's happiness. Ronaldo wasnt happy. and now Bobo is acting the same way. And i remember quite clearly, on inter.it that Ronaldo was very happy when he was supposed to have problems with HecKtor Cuper. Yes, that's my point. Propoganda. Zac and inter is forcing Bobo out and no matter what, I don't see why Vieri should be happy about this. However, his love for the club is evident. If he didn't love the club, he wouldn't be as nervous as he was when Inter played against Dinamo and was dumped out of the Champs League. If i remember correctly, he sat on the grass, and not on the bench with all other Inter players....

Bobo, our love. Bobo, our life......FOREVER :) :heart:

Sincerely yours,
your biggest fan,
Recoba87

Ziyad
25 Apr 04, 07:33
I didnt say propaganda or anything i just said that its funny our site always acts defensively trying to convince us that everything is ok by placing these pics on purpose...Whether everything is ok or not it doesnt take away from the fact of way they present the reality to us

cool_cuchu
25 Apr 04, 15:47
well, i am one of those who wants vieri to stay (you can read all my previous posts)..

But I think Martins is capable of doing more damage to some teams with certain characteristics than Vieri is... and sometimes having Adriano and Vieri is better than Martins-Vieri, .. etc..

what I m trying to say is that Vieri, Martins and Adriano are great players.. and for tactical reasons.. the coach should user this for the maximum advantage.. forcing any players to play on the pitch as starters simply because they are stars is stupid... if the coach knows that playing other players is better...

Vieri and his fans (including me) have to accept the fact that Vieri have to warm the bench once in a while... This kind of situation is really the reason why we have to get the 4th place to compete in CL...

without getting into CL, we have to let go some starters, since you can't force them to warm the bench too often..

Interforeva
25 Apr 04, 15:52
what I m trying to say is that Vieri, Martins and Adriano are great players.. and for tactical reasons.. the coach should user this for the maximum advantage.. forcing any players to play on the pitch as starters simply because they are stars is stupid... if the coach knows that playing other players is better...

I agree I think we should keep all three of them and just use whatever is the best combo for each individual match. If Vieri really can not handle the bench then I guess his time with us is finished :cry2:

Pulsar36
26 Apr 04, 04:36
I think Vieri is a real hero for Inter. It is all a misunderstanding. I think he should stay and he will be happy with a sub role. He wasn't complaining today, was he?

Sisenando
26 Apr 04, 06:25
I think Vieri is a real hero for Inter. It is all a misunderstanding. I think he should stay and he will be happy with a sub role. He wasn't complaining today, was he?

First of all, yes, he's a hero. A true one at that. However, no, he won't be happy with a sub role, mate. :D And the mistake today? Taking out Bobo, and thus the result. If we had Bobo till 90mins, a cross from Javier, A thumping header from the man and voila! And i am stating the fact that Vieri is the best header of the ball in the inter side... :)

cool_cuchu
26 Apr 04, 08:53

well, this is very true..:)
we don't hear vieri complaining anywhere, he might have shown his displeasure.. but as long as he didn't complain and plays his best..

we should not put too much pressure on him.. we need to give him the benefit of the doubt

Handoyo
26 Apr 04, 09:30
I don't mind Vieri staying because his experience will be invaluable for youngsters like Adriano and Martins but his wage is astronomically high. Report says that he's the highest paid player in Serie A. This is one of the biggest reason why I think Inter is better off Vieri.

Hand;)yo

Sisenando
26 Apr 04, 10:04
I don't mind Vieri staying because his experience will be invaluable for youngsters like Adriano and Martins but his wage is astronomically high. Report says that he's the highest paid player in Serie A. This is one of the biggest reason why I think Inter is better off Vieri.

Hand;)yo

:scared: Haha, What a lame excuse to get rid of Bobo? Yes, his wages are high. But Inter aren't Modena, with all due respect to them. If they want quality, they gotta pay for it. What harm can Bobo's wages do to the club? He's at the age where he gotta earn money and if we can put him up there with the big boys like Henry, V.Nistelrooy, and Ronaldo, we gotta pay him as much. If money was what he wanted, a move to Chelsea would be ideal. But for a player of his calibre, Inter are paying him well. You don't get a horse for $10 do you.... :) :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh:

Sincerely yours,
Recoba87

Handoyo
26 Apr 04, 14:39
:scared: Haha, What a lame excuse to get rid of Bobo? Yes, his wages are high. But Inter aren't Modena, with all due respect to them. If they want quality, they gotta pay for it. What harm can Bobo's wages do to the club? He's at the age where he gotta earn money and if we can put him up there with the big boys like Henry, V.Nistelrooy, and Ronaldo, we gotta pay him as much. If money was what he wanted, a move to Chelsea would be ideal. But for a player of his calibre, Inter are paying him well. You don't get a horse for $10 do you.... :):dielaugh::dielaugh::dielaugh:

Sincerely yours,
Recoba87
Being the highest paid player in Serie A, I expect him to be the best, if not the top 3 best player in Serie A. And I'm sorry, but the current Vieri is not even in top 5 IMO and he's unworthy of his wage. I'm willing to pay that amount of salary for players in the form of Totti but Vieri's form has taken such a dip he was nowhere the player he was 1-2 years ago.

And I'm sorry, but I can't put Vieri at the callibre of Henry. For me, he's been even at a lower level, albeit by little, compared to Ruud and Ronaldo. Yet, I think all of the players we mentioned earn less than Vieri.

I'm confused and surprised that you said, "What harm can Bobo's wage do to the club???" Obviously, you didn't know that our debt is in the size of hundred million Euros and that was before the purchase of Adriano and Stankovic. ;) Getting your highest paid player of your wage bill will definitely help Inter and the revenue generated by his sale will help to cover up the debt.

I think you're also wrong when you said that, "At his age, he gotta earn money." Not really. Javier Zanetti, who to me is as important as Bobo is to Inter, is earning much much lesser than Bobo. Besides, players at the wrong side of their age should be paid less, not more.

Hand;)yo

Sisenando
27 Apr 04, 03:05
You don't put Bobo in the class of Henry?C'mon all this hype is made up. He isn't as good as he is said to be, this Henry guy. Okay, so maybe he is faster and creates goals but, you know Bobo well enough not to diss him aside, right?True, tis' not the season to be merry for Bobo, but his qualities are proven. He is off form for most parts of the season but his presence is undeniable. The guy works like a horse when on the ball.Off the ball, maybe a different story. And in the Serie A, the defenders aren't dummies. Gamarra can play in any of the Premier League sides and will be compared to Maldini.He'll do a decent job, trust me :D . See, the hype around Premier League is massive.Maccarone,was a nobody, now somebody. Now, if Bobo played in the premiership, goals would be easier to come by and there wont be Buffon, Frey, Pagliuca or Kalac to face.

So to say Bobo is of lower quality than Henry is a little unfair. True the Frenchmen can run. But Vieri is as good in his own ways.....

We don't call him Bobogol for nothing :)

Sincerely yours,
Recoba87

Ziyad
27 Apr 04, 17:46
Henry is having the best year of his life while Vieri maybe one of his worst.How can u say that Henry is hype.He is like a player on a different level in the premiership maybe u should watch him play and make ur own assessment and if u still think he is hyped then thats another story.He is playing like he is the best player in the world nominee in every game...He might have had 2 or 3 offgames the whole year...Maybe i dont like Arsenal or English teams but i dont let that hate blind my judgement.Just like i dont let my love for Bobo or Inter cloud my judgemet either.

27 Apr 04, 19:59
sometimes i wonder if i am in the wrong place...

is this the inter forum or the vierri forum !!!!!!

With all due resoect to every reading this but we need to remember that we are INTER fans... any player who does not have enough respect for the team should not be defended like this. I am one of Vierri's biggest fan, and as i said before there were times when vierri used to carry the entire team, but similarly INTER has always been more than fair and generous with all it's players, some who have paid back (with thanx) like bobo.. and others who have sold us out on the first chance like a certain brazilian who ran to madrid with some lame excuse thati personlly never understood.
any way , the point we need to remember is that vierri disrespected the club, and if the coach should decide to bench him for some time then he has every right to do so. otherwise we will have no discipline, and every other player will decide to act on his own will.

Sisenando
28 Apr 04, 00:35
Henry is having the best year of his life while Vieri maybe one of his worst.How can u say that Henry is hype.He is like a player on a different level in the premiership maybe u should watch him play and make ur own assessment and if u still think he is hyped then thats another story.He is playing like he is the best player in the world nominee in every game...He might have had 2 or 3 offgames the whole year...Maybe i dont like Arsenal or English teams but i dont let that hate blind my judgement.Just like i dont let my love for Bobo or Inter cloud my judgemet either.

U dont get me, bro. I said the english media creates the hype extravagantly. However, i didn't deny that Henry is a great player. I argued the fact that Bobo has shown his qualities and is a great player in his own rights ;) (Comparing an on form BOBO and an on form Henry)

Handoyo
28 Apr 04, 05:19
I don't judge a player by reading from newspapers/media. ;) I've watched a lot of Arsenal games this season and almost all the time I watch them, Henry always impressed me. Look no further than the way he destroyed the living hell out of us in San Siro. Never in my life I saw Javier Zanetti got humiliated like that. Henry just killed him when he scored his second. I'm sorry but it is undoubtable and unarguable that Henry is a much better player compared to Bobo right now. I have to be realistic and unbiased. ;)

Hand;)yo

Sisenando
28 Apr 04, 06:24
I'm sorry but it is undoubtable and unarguable that Henry is a much better player compared to Bobo right now. I have to be realistic and unbiased. ;)

Hand;)yo

Well, you are entitled to your opinion but to me, they play with different styles and when Bobo was on song, he was exceptional in his own way.Undoubtedly, Henry is a class act but for me, they are both quality players, separated by Pace(Advantage Henry) and Headers and strength(Advantage Bobo)... ;) ;) ;)

Ziyad
28 Apr 04, 17:48
I'm sorry but it is undoubtable and unarguable that Henry is a much better player compared to Bobo right now. I have to be realistic and unbiased. ;)

Hand;)yo

Well, you are entitled to your opinion but to me, they play with different styles and when Bobo was on song, he was exceptional in his own way.Undoubtedly, Henry is a class act but for me, they are both quality players, separated by Pace(Advantage Henry) and Headers and strength(Advantage Bobo)... ;) ;) ;)

Dribbling ability (advantage Henry)
Setting up players(Advantage Henry)
Attitude(advantage Henry)

Sisenando
28 Apr 04, 20:02
okay man, since we can go on bout who's better, here goes their pros,

:star: HENRY :star: --------------- :star: BOBO :star:

*Pace ----------------------------- *Headers
*Setting up players ------------------- *Strength
*Attitude ------------------------*Right place Right time
*Dead ball spcialist ------------------- *Lethal in 6 yard box
*French --------------------------- *Italian
*Long range --------------------*Experience

Maybe there are a few more but these are IMO, the obvious ones.They play differently and are legends in their own respect :)

Ziyad
28 Apr 04, 20:09
okay man, since we can go on bout who's better, here goes their pros,

:star: HENRY :star: --------------- :star: BOBO :star:

*Pace ----------------------------- *Headers
*Setting up players ------------------- *Strength
*Attitude ------------------------*Right place Right time
*Dead ball spcialist ------------------- *Lethal in 6 yard box
*French --------------------------- *Italian
*Long range --------------------*Experience

Maybe there are a few more but these are IMO, the obvious ones.They play differently and are legends in their own respect :)

Are u saying that Henry isnt at the right place right time and isnt lethal in the 6 yard box and doesnt have experience even though he was part of the french team that won WC and Euro....Come on man this is not a competition of who we like its just who is better this season and i think if u ask 20 top notch coaches they would tell u that they would prefer to have Henry in their squad over Vieri

Sisenando
28 Apr 04, 20:12
Are u saying that Henry isnt at the right place right time and isnt lethal in the 6 yard box and doesnt have experience even though he was part of the french team that won WC and Euro....Come on man this is not a competition of who we like its just who is better this season and i think if u ask 20 top notch coaches they would tell u that they would prefer to have Henry in their squad over Vieri

Every coach would want henry for his pace, but in terms of qua;ity, if he is a good coach, we'd see the old bobo :)

Ziyad
28 Apr 04, 20:15

Every coach would want henry for his pace, but in terms of qua;ity, if he is a good coach, we'd see the old bobo :)
My god love is soo blind....

Sisenando
28 Apr 04, 20:17
:dielaugh: Pace is more blinding. Take Henry's pace away, what u get?
A Bergkamp! :D

Jimmy
28 Apr 04, 20:22
And Bergkamp is perhaps the best passer in the world.

Henry doesn´t just have pace. He´s not like Owen and even our own Martins. The number of assists he has for a scoring machine is impressive. His technique, and especially his position on the field shows that he doesn´t need pace. He wanders a lot on the left flank and cut in to the field.

Henry has perhaps been the best player in the world this year.

Sisenando
28 Apr 04, 20:36
And Bergkamp is perhaps the best passer in the world.

Henry doesn´t just have pace. He´s not like Owen and even our own Martins. The number of assists he has for a scoring machine is impressive..

maybe a little off topic but, erm, bergkamp best passer of the ball in the world, now? U an arsenal fan or something, brother? What happened to Ronaldinho, Zidane, Beckham, Veron and Nedved?

And, Henry is great this year, true he has risen to the occassion. But you can't compare him to Bobo on current form. Its really unfair. Bobo is very off form tis' year, so why dont u compare the Henry of Juventus and the Vieri of now?
:P

Jimmy
28 Apr 04, 20:40
Because football is played now and not as it was four years ago. ;)

And no, I´m no Arsenal fan. But I do watch them, and Bergkamp´s passes are amazing. His deep through passes are out of this world.

Ziyad
28 Apr 04, 20:40
We are not doing anything but comparing them this year or even at their best...Thank god Jimmy has knocked some common sense in this topic because i dont think Vieiri made any lists that Hnery made this year.We are not saying we dont luv Vieri but bro u will lose an argument saying he is better than Henry after this great year by him and the fact is ur not being objective...When i tell u the top 20 coaches would prefer Henry just look at the kind of response u gave me :D

SB9Dragon
28 Apr 04, 23:11
Vieri is being compared to Henry? Simply put Vieri isn't at Henry's level.

Handoyo
29 Apr 04, 03:44
Zai, you have gotta be kidding. :D

Henry without pace will still be a deadly player. His long shot, free-kicks, dribbling, vision, crossing and passing is superb.

But how can you say, "Take his pace out of him and what do you get???" What if I say, "Take Vieri's strength out of him, and what do you get???" :D

And yes, Bergkamp is probably the best passer in this world. ;) He's better than the Ronaldinhos, Beckhams (What the!?!?!?), Nedveds, Verons and Zidanes. His timing of his passes and his vision are absolutely delightful to watch.

And I'm sorry, but I'd rather have the current Henry than the old Bobo. This Henry is the best player I've ever seen. A truly rare hybrid of a player.

On second thought, I'd rather have both the old Bobo and the current Henry. :D

Hand;)yo

Sisenando
29 Apr 04, 04:27
We are not saying we dont luv Vieri but bro u will lose an argument saying he is better than Henry after this great year by him and the fact is ur not being objective...

I didnt say Bobo was better than Thierry, i also didnt say Thierry was better than bobo, they are good in their own wayz ;)

And okay, so Henry is in the form of his life right now but to say Bergkamp is the best passer in the world is disturbing man.That really puts Totti and Ronaldinho to shame man... :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh:

Henry and Bobo are different playerz, but both equally as important.
A stylish and more suited to today's game doesn't take away Bobo's aggression and importance to Inter and Italia :)

Miki
29 Apr 04, 08:43
We are not saying we dont luv Vieri but bro u will lose an argument saying he is better than Henry after this great year by him and the fact is ur not being objective...

I didnt say Bobo was better than Thierry, i also didnt say Thierry was better than bobo, they are good in their own wayz ;)

And okay, so Henry is in the form of his life right now but to say Bergkamp is the best passer in the world is disturbing man.That really puts Totti and Ronaldinho to shame man... :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh:

Henry and Bobo are different playerz, but both equally as important.
A stylish and more suited to today's game doesn't take away Bobo's aggression and importance to Inter and Italia :)
Well remember, this was always an subjective argument. Not everybody is going to agree with you on the issues at hand - certainly, a topic such as 'best passer in the world' will definitely invite lots of responses. Myself, i wouldn't say Bergkamp is the best passer in the world at the moment, but nonetheless, he is a superb player through and through.

Now let's talk about Vieri. The man is a great striker but he has qualities lacking in him. Just like no one player has everything, i would say that Henry certainly has almost everything in him at the moment. He can do more for a team than Vieri; although a head-on comparison in terms of pure goal scoring would probably lean to Bobo more than to the former.

Again, what was the argument here involving both Vieri and Henry? I kinda lost track. :)

Ciao,
Tim

Sisenando
29 Apr 04, 14:42
Okay man, we're getting off track
It's unfair to compare Thierry to Bobo literally.
Fact of matter, Titi is important to Arsenal like Bobo to Inter.
I rest my case dudes... :)
Honestly, from the bottom of my heart, its unbearable to find out that many fans have lost faith in Bobo and has despised Bobo altogether. I know he may have done somethings wrong but, nevermind..... :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

Jimmy
29 Apr 04, 16:35
You can´t call that a fact. Most people would actually disagree regarding their importance to their respective teams, so that´s hardly a fact. It actually speaks for our favour, as we have had no severe problem with surviving without Vieri due to our depth and quality up front, while Arsenal struggles without Henry.

This season, Henry has without a doubt IMO been more important to Arsenal than what Vieri has been for us. And that doesn´t discredit Vieri at all for those who will snap at such comments, but merely says how bloody awesome Henry been this year.

Handoyo
30 Apr 04, 03:19
It just differ in opinion on who's the best passer on the ball. There's no real answer and all we can do is debate till the end of time. :D But for me, he's the best. ;) Not the most fanciful. No lobs, no chips but effective nonetheless.

C'mon dude. Henry to Arsenal is what Vieri is to Inter??? If you're talking about season 01/02 or 02/03 than I guess I can't argue much. But this season, we've done well without Bobo. We have won a lot of matches without him. Arsenal (Away), Juventus (Away), Bologna (Away), Siena (Home) and many more I'm too lazy to recall. This is not saying that Bobo is a bad player but Henry has just been THAT good this year. Not only this year but last season too. Henry, over the last 2 seasons, IMO is the best player in the world and Arsenal without Henry??? They'll be breaking the record of number of match without a win rather than number of match unbeaten!!! :D

Hand;)yo

cool_cuchu
30 Apr 04, 04:39
I agree that Henry is amazing this year, arsenal need one more good forward closed to henry's quality... otherwise, they can never win CL...

assuming everything else remains the same, arsenal will not win anything this year without henry, but a coach like wenger can always find something great out of the squad.. something else will change.. and they may still be a great team..

we,on the other hand, are not really depended on any particular player this year... we got so many injuries, and no one is really carrying the team alone...

Sisenando
30 Apr 04, 16:23
Yes, Henry is probably the best player in the world right now and i can't argue. We managed w/out Bobo and they managed w/out Henry, they've got reyes and bergkamp as backup. Just like us we have Adriano and Obafemi. We cannot compare Thierry to Bobo literally! They'll be miles apart. But in terms of technical ability and confidence they bring to the team, its undeniable they make the same impact........ :P

Jimmy
30 Apr 04, 16:50
I hope you don´t mean technical ability as in technique now? :eek:

Granit
30 Apr 04, 20:14
He will stay...or he got to stay!!! ;)

scutzon
01 May 04, 04:05
recoba87 is definitely in love with Bobo... even I don't love Bobo that much... :fero:

but seriously, i read some of recoba87's posts, and i really want to laugh out loud... for goodness sake, Vieri can't be compared to Henry, Henry is miles apart... he's faster, he's more deadly, his passes are killers, his finishing... and his dribbling... i'm a great fan of Vieri, but even i do not deny this fact... Henry is better than Bobo, case closed... :heart:

i still do love Vieri, though...

no offence, recoba87...

Ziyad
01 May 04, 12:32
I really would be amazed if Vieri stays after the summer...He is definately a player that gets u torn.

Sisenando
02 May 04, 04:48
I really would be amazed if Vieri stays after the summer...He is definately a player that gets u torn.

I don't think you could be torn if you loved Bobo from the start. If you stick by him through this rough patch, I don't see a reason to loathe him. Yes, he's attitude is undeniably silly, but, he's also very important for the fortunes of this club, IMO. :)

And to Senõr Scutzon, i take no offence, and undeniably Henry is better than Vieri in terms of ability. However, I sincerely think that Henry is not as committed to Arsenal as Bobo to Inter. If let's say, Wenger resigns, his french quartet of pires,vieira,henry and wiltord will definitely leave. They play for Arsenal because of Wenger, not the club. Whereas, Bobo, plays for the team and not Zac, and i think he's trying to prove his point by this "conflict".................. :depress:

Jesse
02 May 04, 04:57
Hah, I like the mention of the French quartet, but then again, the same applies for us. God forbid if Zac leaves, Helveg might just pack his bags... :D

Sisenando
02 May 04, 08:54
Hah, I like the mention of the French quartet, but then again, the same applies for us. God forbid if Zac leaves, Helveg might just pack his bags... :D

OH my god!Why god forbid?It'll be a DREAM COME TRUE!
;) ;)

Jesse
02 May 04, 18:28
Yes, sarcasm is music to my ears... :P

But as for Recoba87, I understand where he is coming from. Bobo to him is more than a player, a symbol of the football he loves. So thats why even when Henry has proven himself as better in many more ways, Recoba87 sides with Vieri.

Just as Real Madrid has won ten CL's to our two, I love Inter because they are a team that makes me feel wonderful when they win and like merda when they lose.

PS...
Weird occurances going on in my life realted to Inter...
1) The night before the game in which Cannavaro scored a couple weeks ago, I had a dream in which he told me how bad Inter was and how he didn't want to play. Strangely, the next day he scores a goal.
2) On Saturday, May 1st, I went to my school to take my SAT tests for college, and the waiting number that i recieved was only Bobo's, 32.

*Yes these are probobly just isolated events that have relation to Inter because I have made the connection myself, but who knows, strange things can happen.

Miki
02 May 04, 18:52
And to Senõr Scutzon, i take no offence, and undeniably Henry is better than Vieri in terms of ability. However, I sincerely think that Henry is not as committed to Arsenal as Bobo to Inter. If let's say, Wenger resigns, his french quartet of pires,vieira,henry and wiltord will definitely leave. They play for Arsenal because of Wenger, not the club. Whereas, Bobo, plays for the team and not Zac, and i think he's trying to prove his point by this "conflict".................. :depress:
Well of course that cannot be disputed. Wenger was the manager who made Henry what he is right now. Vieri on the other was already an established player. Inter just further enhanced his cause by giving him a platform with which to prove just how good he is. Thus, you simply cannot argue that Henry shows less commitment to the club than Vieri.

I understand that you are visibly depressed with all that is going on with the club and the way Vieri is being treated. I would say that Bobo certainly doesn't deserve the treatment he is getting from Zac, but neither do the fans with his general outbursts. A balance needs to be found - all i can is, that balance doesn't require Zaccheroni in it. The man has proven himself to be totally inept and out of role in coaching a club like Inter. If a coach thinks that it is tactically viable for the team to start Cruz over Vieri, be it because of a feud with the latter or because he genuinely believes so - then i think such a coach doesn't deserve to be at the helm of a club like FC Inter. We deserve much better.

Ciao,
Tim

SB9Dragon
02 May 04, 22:44
I disagree. I don't really believe that Vieri is more committed to Inter then Henry to Arsenal. Henry has repeatedly said that there is no other team he would rather be then with Arsenal and Vieri has said the same so I would see them of having the same commitment if not Henry more.

Both speak of the ambitions they want to fulfill with the team...
So to say that Vieri shows more committment is not exactly right... if not wrong :D

Interforeva
02 May 04, 22:48
Vieri in new Zac row

Christian Vieri’s stint at Inter took another step towards a conclusion after he was furious at again being dropped from the side. The Italian was left out by boss Alberto Zaccheroni at Lecce this afternoon, which seemed to increase the tension between the two men. Reports allege that Vieri was so angry at being left out of the team again that he didn’t leave the team bus until 30 minutes before kick-off.

Vieri was eventually brought on in the last 10 minutes of the game, but he couldn’t help his side avoid a 2-1 defeat. The striker was interviewed by a RAI TV journalist after the game where he wasn’t in the best of moods. “Playing six minutes is better than nothing,” he snapped. He was then asked another question but stormed off down the tunnel before answering.

Boss Zaccheroni, who has publicly clashed with the player on two occasions this season, insisted there was no new break in their relationship. “There is no reason behind his exclusion,” said the Coach. “It was nothing more than a tactical choice.”

However, today’s events seem to confirm that there is an incompatibility between the two men. It seems certain that either Zac or Vieri, or even both, will leave the Nerazzurri at the end of this season.

Playing Vieri for six minutes was a pathetic decision today, I don't know what Zac thought he could do in this time. It was nice for Cruz to get a start but really I think it was clearly the wrong decision and even though I am sure Zac didn't mean to, it really stuck two fingers up at Vieri. I mean if u wanna put Vieri on the bench fine but play Oba and Adriano, not Cruz who has just not been in form. Starting Cruz makes no sense to me at all, even Oba and Vieri is better. I saw the ratings on Inter.it and Vieri has the highest by far, oh how things change :)

Frankly I don't care if this story is true or not, I just want Zac to go. He has to go! I couldn't take another season of him here, the thought makes me :depress:

Sisenando
03 May 04, 06:56
Bobo was victimised by Zac these few months and you have to feel for him :fero:

Sisenando
03 May 04, 07:34
I disagree. I don't really believe that Vieri is more committed to Inter then Henry to Arsenal. Henry has repeatedly said that there is no other team he would rather be then with Arsenal and Vieri has said the same so I would see them of having the same commitment if not Henry more.

Both speak of the ambitions they want to fulfill with the team...
So to say that Vieri shows more committment is not exactly right... if not wrong :D

Ambition, yes.Commitment, no. If Wenger leaves for a more established club, the four frenchmen would follow in his steps.What talk of ambition now? If Zac leaves for say, Juve, only maybe Helveg would leave and I'll be a happy man ;)

And to Tim, a fantastic post! Nothing less...

Tommi
03 May 04, 11:27
Giving eight minutes for Vieri is a joke and huge slap in his face. Channel4 said it best:

The best: Alberto Zaccheroni (Inter)

It’s got so bad for Zac that we’ve decided to put him in the best this week in the interest of sarcasm. He said that winning against Lecce wouldn’t be easy but still decided to start Christian Vieri on the bench. The fact that he put the striker on while the fourth official was preparing to indicate how many minutes of added time would be played was a joke. Bye, bye Zac.

I saw when Vieri was coming into the field. He was just looking how many minutes he can play and smiled. He also said something to fourth official and he (fourth official) started to laugh.

First i wanna say that i´m not here to argue. I just wanna express my feelings. At Inter, there has been at least three cases which has seriously harmed him and his confidence. First was to appoint Zac, second was to sign Adriano in january and third is how fans started to dislike him.

1. It certainly seems that Zac and Vieri dont like eachothers. Zac wont field him and now it´s so obvious either one of them (or both) will have to leave.

2. I have nothing against Adriano, but we signed him in january and that was like a slap towards Vieri´s face. It was like saying we dont need/trust you anymore. He was doing fine job before we decided to sign Adriano in january already. Fans loved him back then. After we bough Adriano, Vieri has scored only 4 goals in Serie A. Before that his rating were like 9 goals in 10/11 matches. Now it´s 13 goals in 21 matches.

3. After we bought Adriano, all of the sudden fans started to dislike Vieri. Only few fans remember how good he really is. Last season 24 goals in 23 appearances, season before that 22 goals in 25 appearances. I fail to believe he all of the sudden starts to play bad because of his age or whatever. Right now (few months already) he have had no joy of playing. He dont feel respected, he feels like almost everyone is back stabbing him. So, no wonder he complains/plays with much less attitude than he used to. If Zac leaves, it will be interesting to see if Vieri decides to stay.

Feel free to comment, but like i said...i´m not here to argue this time. Just wanted to get this huge burden off my chest.

Pod
03 May 04, 11:47
2. I have nothing against Adriano, but we signed him in january and that was like a slap towards Vieri´s face. It was like saying we dont need/trust you anymore.
I don't agree.After Adriano coming there was plan to create super duo attack formation Adriano-Vieri.It wasn't that "we don't need you anymore Vieri."Vieri still was supposed to be first team striker.

Handoyo
03 May 04, 12:32
Personally, I think Zac was wrong in fielding Cruz instead of Vieri or Oba. Cruz's form is without a shadow of a doubt the worst for our strikers. IMO, Vieri played his best game of the season when we faced Lecce in January. Yes, that game where Vieri scored his 100th goal for Inter. :proud:

1. It certainly seems that Zac and Vieri dont like eachothers. Zac wont field him and now it´s so obvious either one of them (or both) will have to leave.
If I have to choose one, I'll choose Vieri without even blinking. Players like Vieri come once every 5-10 years. Coaches like Zac come once every 100 years. Yes, Zac is an even rarer breed than Vieri because no coach is as idiot and so deeply in love with a bad player (Helveg).

2. I have nothing against Adriano, but we signed him in january and that was like a slap towards Vieri´s face. It was like saying we dont need/trust you anymore. He was doing fine job before we decided to sign Adriano in january already. Fans loved him back then. After we bough Adriano, Vieri has scored only 4 goals in Serie A. Before that his rating were like 9 goals in 10/11 matches. Now it´s 13 goals in 21 matches.
I believe we bought Adriano in January so he can start to adapt with Vieri from this season instead of start of next season. But since Zac seems to discriminate against Bobo, both of them have played very rarely up-front. For me, Bobo and Adriano can co-exist together, ecspecially if supported by a 5-men-midfield. Look at Milan. Sheva and Inzaghi/Tomasson can play well together. Adriano can create chances for himself like Sheva but Inzaghi/Tomasson is like Vieri who needs the midfield to do well. Milan only fields 4 men in midfield. We use 5 but we create far less chance.

3. After we bought Adriano, all of the sudden fans started to dislike Vieri. Only few fans remember how good he really is. Last season 24 goals in 23 appearances, season before that 22 goals in 25 appearances. I fail to believe he all of the sudden starts to play bad because of his age or whatever. Right now (few months already) he have had no joy of playing. He dont feel respected, he feels like almost everyone is back stabbing him. So, no wonder he complains/plays with much less attitude than he used to. If Zac leaves, it will be interesting to see if Vieri decides to stay.
It wasn't because Vieri not scoring goals that my love for him deteriorates a bit. But it was because of his refusal to sit on the bench against Bologna. Even though he may know what's best for him, he should follow the coach's order, albeit an incompetent coach.

Hand;)yo

Miki
03 May 04, 13:11
I hope all of you can take a step back and see that no one party is completely guilt-free in this whole Vieri-Zac saga that has plagued the club for the last couple of months.

1) Vieri's outbursts have generally alienated him from the crowd - You must remember, Interisti are generally fickle. This has been true over the years. When Vieri refused to sit on the bench, it was a slap in the face of the many tifosi who have sufferred all this years. To them, it could very well have meant that Vieri was not interested in Inter's cause. Of course, this last point is very much up for debate, but i believe that Vieri is simply frustrated at the lack of chances for a first team space. After all, he has stayed with us for so long; this club must mean something to him.

2) Zaccheroni has of course, a huge part to play in this whole episode. His constant refusal to play Vieri even when we needed him most is just going to make it ever easier for the fans to see him leave the club. 2 hands make a clap and whilst both coach and player have huge egos that refuse to back down, i am sure it is Zac's future that is at a greater risk. After all, apart from a few miraculous games, he has shown us that he is out of depth at the helm of FC Inter. He certainly needs to coach a smaller team first to regain an understanding of the rigours and difficulties of coaching a Serie A team. All i can say is, if you decide to take on the club's talisman for the past few years, you had better have the results to back up your claim. Zac has given us nothing. I think that just proves his worth for the club.

3) The fans have generally been overly fickle and less than sensitive to the player's feelings. This goes for many of us on the board. It is probably the time to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. Vieri has been a great player for us all this while. He has carried the team when we needed it most - i think it is not fair if we judge him because of his outbursts. True, i will not stand for any mercenaries in the club, but like the players, i have made my mistakes. I have thought over this situation for sometime now, and i feel that i owe Vieri an apology for any time in the previous months that i have doubted his ability or desire to play for the team. In my humble opinion, Vieri deserves more than what the Inter fans give him at the moment.

Those 3 points are the main factors that has made the on-going saga all the more toward boiling point. As fans, i think we should show general support for both Vieri and the team until end of the season. After all, i am sure Zac will not stay any longer - he has proved himself to be one of the worst coaches i have seen in my time as an Inter fan. He ranks alongside Tardelli for the most inept coach; that must really mean something. Right now, my main concern is to finish the season with dignity, and more importantly, that 4th place. It would be a moral disaster if we were to, once again, be playing in the UEFA Cup.

Yes, i think Zac is completely out of his league. Let him do what he wants with Vieri - the end of the season will prove whose position at Inter is more stable. The striker that has given us the gols when we needed them - or the coach that has given us a few great games but general, dismal and pathetic games that i have been ashamed to watch? Go figure.

Ciao,
Tim

Handoyo
03 May 04, 13:14
We need more Romantic Ukare Mode just like that here in FI. :star:

Hand;)yo

Sisenando
03 May 04, 16:09
Finally, i see the respect Bobo deserves, espescially from Tim. And Vieri is such a crucial asset to Inter that it was really heart-wrenching to see Julio Ricardo Cruz play instead of him vs Lecce. It is in my utmost view that Vieri is being treated like crap since Zac bought Adriano. And the match vs Lecce was just insult to injury. Zac's inability to utilize the best player in the attacking department for Inter further shows how Vieri was treated. IMO, Vieri probably snapped because he saw it all along. That signing Adriano was the end for him. The start of a decline in his career. He probably has to move on now that he knows his future at the club is almost certainly, to be precise, D.O.O.M.E.D

Sincerely yours,
Your biggest fan,
Recoba87

Ziyad
03 May 04, 16:25
Excellent post Mikity..We need more of these objective analysis instead of the swearing and non productive jabber. :star:

BFC82
03 May 04, 16:46
Taking a step back, I have to agree with Tommi on this. All his points are valid, maybe that does not justify the way Vieri has reacted but, these may be reasons why.
Im sure Adriano did not come to Inter to steal Vieri's thunder. Zac just made it seem so by benching Vieri and fielding Adriano whenever possible.

About us not respecting Vieri, it is true. We have forgotten how much Vieri has done for this club. When Cuper was in charge, Christian carried this team on his shoulders. Theres no way in hell we could have gotten to the top of the tables without Vieri (if only we had stayed there, but thats another story). Still though, Vieri should remember that he is part of the team, and he should respect the coaches desicion. These outburst of his cause alot of tension within the squad and disrupts our play.

I would like Vieri to stay for one more season, he deserves a better sendoff than this season had to offer. If he leaves, it should a mutual desicion on good terms.

As for zac, a couple of good games here and there does not justify the complete mess he's made of this season. He seems to blame everything from injuries, suspensions to the effing weather against Lecce. Time to take a look at the mirror Alberto, its you who is at fault.

Sisenando
03 May 04, 17:32
Now, if you were in Bobo's shoes, and a newbie(Adriano) comes in and steals your place and a dude called Cruz suddenly starts after not starting for a few games, would you over react?Zac's mistake was and always be to manage this club and destroy our hopes.Let's hope he doesn't have a bust up with Martins and make him leave and have Inter fans against him. :( :mad:

Granit
03 May 04, 18:54
I think that Zac is an IDIOT :frustrat: because VIERI got to play every game...did you see how good he play against Spain... how can he use Cruz when he is not in form, not because i don't think Cruz is good ...
mannnnnnnnnn fire Zaz's ass and hier Giovanni Trapattoni...!!! and we got to WIN the last 2 games...!!! :)

Hammoudi
03 May 04, 22:06
Playing Cruz instead of Vieri wasn't the most idiotic thing Zac has ever done while coaching us. I don't like Zac but i don't think his decision was horrible. Knowing the result now it is easy to say that he made the wrong decision, but had it work maybe nobody will think worse of Zac than they already had.

Cruz might not be the best, but he is 1000% better than Vieri when it comes to possession. He can hold the ball longer allowing his team to advance and is a better passer. Zac gambled yesterday and it didn't pay-off. It's really funny, when Vieri and Adriano played together we played horribly and never won and now the knives are out why Zac didn't play them both?? If one says that it should've been Oba-Adriano instead i agree but Cruz--Adriano is in paper better than Vieri--Adriano.

Finally, the argument about Vieri is infinite. But for the sake of the club i hope we sell him once and for all in the summer. Ever since Vieri's second year with us it has been one controversey after the other. I don't deny how much he helped us but i believe anyone else could've done his job. He scored 100 goals for us and this is phenomenal, but if you are the highest paid player you are expected to bag in trophies, and single-handedly sometimes, just like Totti or any other 'superstar'. We paid Vieri alot of money but if we had Crespo or whoever in his place since day 1 the result would not have been worse. We'll get 100 goals but that's about it. Not only that, along with these 100 goals we got 100 problems and 100 controversies.

Vieri is just a difficult person to deal with. We all encountered people like him in our lives; a person that is nice and comitted but is a head-case. How longer can we handle this? no more. We want a nice atmosphere in the club, one of equality and serenety. We don't want people that think that they are higher than others. If we want to win playes have to like each other and they have to get along with the staff. I see that most of our players are like that except for Vieri who is the only player to repeatedly stir controversies. For inter's sake, for the fans' sake and for Vieri's sake sell him and let's move forward.

Handoyo
04 May 04, 02:46
Good post Hamed. Gotta love the first sentence. :D Sometimes, I find it hard to believe that the relationships I had with some of the members have deteriorated just because of Vieri. :(

But I disagree that Cruz can hold the ball much longer than Vieri. Cruz has done a good job at that but only at the end of last year. Since then, he has sucked in EVERYTHING!!! Be it his job to assist the striker, to hold the ball or to finish chances we have created. Cruz is without a doubt our most off-form forward before the Lecce game. Anybody - Adriano is better than Cruz - Adriano IMO. Cruz has just plain sucked this year.

Hand;)yo

Sisenando
04 May 04, 04:22
Even if putting Cruz instead of Vieri had worked senõr Hamed, do you think ppl would change their opinion on Zac?What the hell was he thinking when Cruz was called up instead of BoboOkay, even if Martins played i'd be happy. And what'd u said bout Cruz?He's 1000% better when it comes to possession?Are you joking,dude?Do you watch Inter matches tis' season?Bobo might have problems.But he shouldnt be defamed like that.Cruz is way off Bobo's calibre and possession play is certainly not a plus point in Cruz :D :D

Marco The Butcher
04 May 04, 07:40
i agree with hamed, and i mentioned someting like it yesterday(the fielding of Cruz) in the lecce-inter thread but no one commented on

I think we would really be better off without both vieri and zac.

Fabio
04 May 04, 16:47
Although I would have much preferred the Adriano-Vieri partnership last Sunday,I must point out that Julio Cruz is our third top scorer with 11(?) goals this season so a starting match for him shouldnt be met with such outrage!

FORZA ADRIANO E VIERI! :fero:

Handoyo
04 May 04, 17:26
Fabio, as I've said, Cruz is a two month wonder who had Zidane-like performances in the month of November and December. Other than that, he's been UTTER CRAP so it was a bad move to put him instead of Vieri or Oba. ;)

Hand;)yo

Sisenando
04 May 04, 17:33
Fabio, as I've said, Cruz is a two month wonder who had Zidane-like performances in the month of November and December. Other than that, he's been UTTER CRAP so it was a bad move to put him instead of Vieri or Oba. ;)

Hand;)yo
Hmm...Cruz
1. He was NEVER Zidane-like.
2. Yes, 2 month wonder.
3. UTTER CRAP
4.Never will be able to be compared to Bobo as long as he plays like this
5. Cruz-Adriano was as good as Adriano playing alone

:dielaugh: :dielaugh:

Handoyo
04 May 04, 17:41
1. He was NEVER Zidane-like.
He was!!! ;) Against Perugia, Juventus, Bologna, Reggina (Coppa Italia), Ancona and some more games. He assisted and score for fun. OK, maybe he's too productive to be Zidane-like, so Totti-like. :D But it only last for 2 months.

2. Yes, 2 month wonder.
3. UTTER CRAP
Of course.

4. Never will be able to be compared to Bobo as long as he plays like this
Never will be able to be compared to Bobo never ever ever.

5. Cruz-Adriano was as good as Adriano playing alone
Adriano is better off alone rather than with Cruz.

Hand;)yo

Interforeva
04 May 04, 21:36

Hand;)yo

What happened to poor Cruz? He started so well and has just crumbled. Is it the rumoured Inter curse or is it just that he overacheived and gave us all false hopes. I dunno but surely he is gone next season.

SB9Dragon
05 May 04, 00:11
I think Cruz's main prob was that Inter bought Adriano which heavily cut down on Cruz's playing time. And a striker who doesn't play consistently can't perform as well as they use to...

Hammoudi
05 May 04, 01:33
Recoba87, i've seen enough inter games to tell you that Cruz's ball control and possession abilities is 20000% better than Vieri's. I didn't say Cruz is better overall than Vieri but in certain aspects he is.

The reason why Cruz has sucked is that he isn't getting any playing time. The guy is almost 30 yrs old and has proven himself before so a bench role isn't his specialty. Bench roles are for young and upcoming players that want to show their talent and make the best of any chance. I don't see him staying with us next year since he'll be a bencher again, but it's unfair to criticize him before giving him the full chance. Even worse, just because he played few awful games off the bench doesn't undo what he did with us at the beginning of the year.

Sisenando
05 May 04, 02:20
Recoba87, i've seen enough inter games to tell you that Cruz's ball control and possession abilities is 20000% better than Vieri's. I didn't say Cruz is better overall than Vieri but in certain aspects he is.

The reason why Cruz has sucked is that he isn't getting any playing time. The guy is almost 30 yrs old and has proven himself before so a bench role isn't his specialty. .

ok man, sorry dude. No offence man( particularly senõr Hamed). But Cruz?Possession?Yeah, he keeps the ball well. Bobo holds it up well as well. Kallon does that well too and we have AVDM who also keeps the ball a bit.Recoba's trickery is the only reason he doesnt keep possession. But i don't see Cruz to be essential in the striking department. If possession is wHat we want, change him into DM cos' he don't seem to have THE killer instinct. And honestly, i think he don't deserve to wear the Inter shirt anymore.Like i said before, and again, Inter is a bonus for Cruz.He's never been involved in a team as reputable as Inter, so being here is already a bonus.He should be happy to ever wore the inter shirt.Cos', IMO, next season, he's gone. ;) :dielaugh:

Miki
05 May 04, 10:41
Guys, look, we are talking about Julio Cruz here. When he first transferred to Inter in the first place, nobody was giving him any credit. Everybody was writing him off even before he kicked a ball. But then all of a sudden, the man played awesome football and suddenly, we all thought he was the bomb. Of course, several factors have kicked in to ensure that Cruz will drop off our radar. The very fact that some of you compare him with Adriano goes to show that for some period of time, you actually percieved a strikeforce pairing of Cruz, Adriano and/or Martins.

Why am i saying all this? Well, just give the man a break. He doesn't need comments like "he will never be as good as Adriano" and the like. We all knew that. He tried his best but he failed to keep up his good performances consistently. So the next time you want to start the Cruz bashing, just remember - he wasn't drafted in to be a first choice striker. He can be good, but never too good for your liking.

Ciao,
Tim

Sisenando
05 May 04, 15:50
Why am i saying all this? Well, just give the man a break. He doesn't need comments like "he will never be as good as Adriano" and the like. We all knew that. He tried his best but he failed to keep up his good performances consistently. So the next time you want to start the Cruz bashing, just remember - he wasn't drafted in to be a first choice striker. He can be good, but never too good for your liking.

Why was he brought here then? Surely b4 Adriano came here and Martins wasn't thought to be as fantastic as he is now, Cruz was brought in as a partner to Bobo and also a cover for Bobo.If we knew that, he won't be heere ;)

Pravesh
05 May 04, 16:29
Agree with Mikitty,

And I was some of the few inter fans in the forums who supported Cruz's arrival. ;) (but only if he would agree bench role)

And I also knew that Cruz won't be playing that consistently like he did for 2 months .......

I won't be sad if he's not sold, neither will I be very happy if he's sold.
The reasons being that we also have got Kallon, who in my opinion accepts bench role. Not to forget Inter's injury problems which let almost all the players good amount of playing time. But if Kallon is also sold/traded/loaned, then we might need Cruz (if other striker is not bought). We do need quality back up player and Cruz is one of them.

But since it seems that it's a toss between Cruz and Kallon to leave the club, I would want Inter to keep Kallon in favour of Cruz, as Kallon has also shown that he can perform well and Kallon has been in Inter since sometime.

:) ;)

Ziyad
05 May 04, 17:51
To tell u the truth i had no idea what Cruz would bring to us but as soon as i saw him play i was impressed with him...this form of late however can be attributed to many things.I think he cam here and did a great job and lifted us everytime we needed him especially under pressure.He is a very good goalscorer so i would give him a break and wont comment on him if he was bad in a game here and there because he isnt playing consistently...If he did have three games in a row and sucked in all three it would be a different story but until then he will get my respect :)

Handoyo
06 May 04, 16:52
With all due respect, a player with the calliber of Julio Cruz doesn't deserve to get regular playing time with Inter. People seem to have forgotted about all his super crap performances before November and after December. It doesn't really matter if Cruz really holds the ball better than Bobo. He doesn't know what do with it!!! At least, even though Bobo supposedly doesn't do anything with the ball too, he's one of the deadliest target-man goal-poacher in the world. And besides, with the 5-men-midfield that we used, we should have been able to accomodate both Vieri & Adriano. Playing with Cruz will make it to look more like 3-6-1 than 3-5-2.

Hand;)yo

Sisenando
06 May 04, 23:37
Finally!!I get mr Han's support!First time man!Haha, by the way yes

BOBO=ONE OF THE DEADLIEST FINISHERS IN THE WORLD
Verdict= STAY

CRUZ= erm, GREATEST POSSESSION MAN
Verdict= GO!,
maybe Siena has started talking to him...CRUZ+FLO/VENTOLA/CHIESA!
:dielaugh: :P

Hammoudi
07 May 04, 23:40
Is anyone noticing that in the couple of days inter.it is bombarding us with Vieri? His pictures are everywhere and they try and show everything he does!!! Is this sucking up or what??? BTW, he really looks high in today's pictures. ;)

Handoyo
08 May 04, 02:43
Do you remember the summer of 2002 after the World Cup??? Inter.it was showing pictures of a happy Ronaldo when Ronaldo was linked with Real Madrid. I'm sure they did that to make us convinced that Ronaldo is happy with Inter and that he'll stay. In the end, he moved.

And I'm sure that right now, inter.it is trying to accomplish to do the same thing and that is to convince us that Vieri is happy with Inter. No one knows if he is really happy or not except for himself and his close friends & family. No one knows if he'll stay or go. But I'm sure the pictures are propaganda.

Hand;)yo

Ziyad
08 May 04, 06:23
This is exactly what i said two weeks in a row and some accussed me of accussing them of propaganda when all i said it seems that the website is trying tooo hard.Its getting too obvious

Handoyo
08 May 04, 11:07
But of course, a website should be biased towards the club. Every website are. Just look and read the 'minute by minute' update in the match centre. I believe in terms of Inter, you have to have your own opinion and not be influenced by the media nor the official website. ;)

Hand;)yo

cool_cuchu
08 May 04, 12:30
Bobo's posibility of moving out is really big....

If Vieri stays then, it's more of his decision..., if he wants to move, he will likely go... out..

I do believe, vieri's sale will be another fluke in our transfer campaign..., he will shine somewehere else..., and we all will miss him..... Young strikers such as Adriano and Martins (especially martins) will miss this guy.. Vieri is a striker you won;t mind to honor him... Adriano will not mind missing few games to Vieri... coz Vieri's presence will be beneficial for his career...

Vieri has been our most stable striker for many years, Recoba was too unreliable and had too many injuries...

Unless we sign Totti, selling Vieri is a bit disapointing for me...
Totti has experience and leadership... something we are lacking upfront if vieri is gone..

But if he really is going out, I will still have a huge hope that adriano and martins can rule serie a... A strong coach needed to help this players improve themselves...

Pod
08 May 04, 13:50
Looks that Zaccheroni realized his mistakes and at least realized that Adriano-Vieri shouldn't play together.

The technician moreover returns on its passes: Adriano and Vieri cannot play together:"A me é capitato many times to mistake. I, but, must make one chosen thinking the good of the square. We, like of the rest the others, can play with a single player of those characteristics. If I make to play a forward of that type, some other must otherwise remain outside because of risentirebbero defense and centrocampo.

http://it.sports.yahoo.com/040508/212/2s2n5.html

Sisenando
08 May 04, 14:03
Yes, If bobo leaves, most of the responsibility will fall on the shoulders of Martins. And for a teenager like him, that won't be good.The guy's explosive, no doubt. But how can he play like that week in week out? With the stlye he plays, which is full of speed, it definitely is tiring, and we won't want him injured.A good player to come off the bench, Martins is best suited to a bit part role first.Maybe after Bobo's contract runs out or he retires, that's when he can burst into the scene.

And of course, Adriano can play week in week out, no doubt. Its just that who partners him. Cruz?You gotta be kidding. AVDM?I don't think Zac loves him anymore :depress: .And Eliakwu is still a youngster as well.We need a commanding presence every game, every season, every minute. And it is to the best of my opinion that Bobo does that the best.And as it is looking more ominous that Bobo'll leave, I sincerely think that Inter is making a step in the wrong direction.And to cool_emre, I'm of the opinion that Totti is a player which plays with a different style to that of Bobo. And I don't think he's capable of leading the attacking line as aggressive as Bobo..

Drogba sounds yummy :D

Sincerely yours,
Recoba87

Pravesh
08 May 04, 14:16
yup !!
Drogba sounds good, espeically if we sell Vieri and Cruz.

Having :

(1) Adriano
(2) Martins
(3) Drogba
(4) Kallon
(5) Recoba

won't be bad..... Lets see

cool_cuchu
08 May 04, 15:07
there's a chance of zac going instead of Vieri...

it means few things :

1. Zac knows that his position at inter doesn't depend on Vieri, it solely depends on his achievement to get the 4th spot

2. Zac know he's probably going out this summer, despite 4th spot..
since he loves inter.. He just do thing in his power to achieve that 4th spot .. and he just basically doesnt give a damn on vieri's madness.. since he won't be here next season.... he doesn't give a shit on conforting Vieri..

3. Mancini would probably come, since he's the only other coach mentioned that Vieri can play together with Vieri..

4. Zac will field whoever he wants for the next three games .. and you may see helveg more often :D

intermilansg
08 May 04, 19:26
Looks that Zaccheroni realized his mistakes and at least realized that Adriano-Vieri shouldn't play together.

The technician moreover returns on its passes: Adriano and Vieri cannot play together:"A me é capitato many times to mistake. I, but, must make one chosen thinking the good of the square. We, like of the rest the others, can play with a single player of those characteristics. If I make to play a forward of that type, some other must otherwise remain outside because of risentirebbero defense and centrocampo.

http://it.sports.yahoo.com/040508/212/2s2n5.html

Zac: It's either Adriano or Vieri Saturday 8 May, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alberto Zaccheroni has finally confessed he will not field Adriano and Christian Vieri in the same line-up while he is at Inter.

“I have made many mistakes in my career,” said the Nerazzurri boss, “but I must make decisions for the good of the team. All sides can only play with one centre-forward with those characteristics.”

Up until now the Coach had always tried to find a balance between his favoured 3-4-3 system and the need to make the most of his star-studded squad.

However, he will make it perfectly clear that Vieri is again destined for the substitutes bench during tomorrow’s showdown with Parma.

“If I play one powerful centre-forward,” continued Zac, “then I’ll have to leave out the other because otherwise the defence and midfield will suffer.”

Vieri reacted angrily to being left out, the first time preferring to stay back and train instead, while last week he refused to get off the team bus until the last minute.

“I made a tactical choice with Vieri, even if the press likes to paint it another way,” added the Coach who has reportedly had a bitter falling out with his star player.

“I am a logical man and make my decisions based on the balance of the side. I will never be swayed by personal likes or dislikes for the players.”

His job hangs in the balance, as failure to capture that fourth Champions’ League spot will almost certainly see Zaccheroni sacked.

This is why it is a particularly brave decision to make public just 24 hours before Sunday’s head to head clash with Parma.

“There are two games to go and we are on track for our objective. Winning this match is essential and I am confident as we worked well during the week. I can see the right level of tension within the squad and all I need to do now is choose.”

Bye bye bobo :(

SB9Dragon
08 May 04, 19:59
I agree with Zac. Adriano and Vieri are so similar that they can't play that well 2gether though I'm thinking that Zac will probably get himself sacked if he performs poorly after making such a statement...

Hammoudi
09 May 04, 01:43
Zac is making me look like a genious. I've said it time and time again that two pure CF without an excellent Playmaker is wrong. I've said with Crespo, with Cruz, with Martins and with Adriano. I really don't know whether to complement Zac for his belated bravery or to insult his intelligence for playing the wrong way the whole time. For his and inter's sake i hope we make it.

Again inter.it/en is showing its misguided bias. They didn't translate the part of Zac's interview about the impracticality of fielding Adriano and Bobo. Don't they realize that most websites will mention it since it's big news and that will only discredit them?

Jimmy
09 May 04, 08:34
I hadn´t noticed that Hamed. That the English side didn´t translate. I never read the Italian stuff, but I saw that question now.

Quite honestly, Inter.it has turned really bad during the season. They hand out fantastic information with pics and all, but they have a clear bias. At least the guys who controls the English side.

Arifin
09 May 04, 11:08
I think Bobo should leave.Smith is a good replacement.Hope you guys agree with me :D

Marco The Butcher
09 May 04, 12:43
At last someone else noticed. im glad hamed mentioned it..

I dont know italian and i only check at inter.it/en and it never mention any of the bad things that happen, or example when materazzi hit that guy from siena.. they never mentioned it. there are many other stuff i cant remember now.

Why are they doing that, this is so not right..

Sisenando
09 May 04, 23:14
If you are the official website, its obvious you want to promote what you're putting on your website.For example, have you been to Eminem's official website?His life is full of misunderstandings(i.e divorce, lawsuits) but nothing's being mentioned. Same at Inter's official website.I think we should be thankful that Inter.it is dedicated to bringing us latest news concerning us and our team.Biased or not, they show our side of the story. :)

And why would they put something on the website which is unbiased?There'll be so much sorrow and disappointment at the club, the site's gonna be full of sad faces. And regarding Bobo portrayed as a happy man, why would they put the picture there if he wasn't happy? I did consider the site biased and unreliable once, but I am now beginning to see the light. :star:

Only good things that happen to Inter is put up there but if you were to fill it up with the real story, it'll be full of disappointment.And regarding the Materazzi incident VS Siena, why would they put it on their website?It'll only show that the club promotes hooliganism and if Zac were to appeal their decision to ban him, this would be credible evidence :)

:star: Your Sincerely, :star:
:heart: :heart: Recoba87 :heart: :heart:

cool_cuchu
10 May 04, 00:06
I think inter.it should be biased.. Since the media today consists of rumors and BS.. Inter.it should reflects the management ideas of how inter they want to be represented...

As for the non bias information, we can derive it from other resources...

Inter.it should be the balancer of any information on inter today...

too many negative elements for inter, it's just right inter.it has this kind of form...

and I would say Bobo will stay, Cruz out.. and one half striker coming...

Sisenando
10 May 04, 00:15
I think inter.it should be biased.. Since the media today consists of rumors and BS.. Inter.it should reflects the management ideas of how inter they want to be represented...

too many negative elements for inter, it's just right inter.it has this kind of form...

Yep, you proved my point. That's how they want to be represented.

And Bobo looks happy yesterday, playing and will definitely be crucial in Zac's plans if he wants to keep on using this formation which requires a GREAT CENTRE FORWARD ;)

Hammoudi
10 May 04, 01:24
I'm not talking about rumors; i'm talking about solid facts. Zac said Adriano and Vieri can't co-exist and they didn't publish this story. If their aim is to show that the club is in harmony then they are fooling themselves. If they don't mention it, tens of other sites will and all they have to do is translate the italian version.

Inter.it won many awards for many things. But the thing that attracted me to it was its objectiveness. For the past year, however, they were resembling one of the official news agency in a third world country: Just mentioning the good news and ignoring unwanted news. They should be credible so that fans will run to them when hearing any bad stuff. I will try and write a letter to them when i have time just as feedback.

cool_cuchu
10 May 04, 02:40
no, even facts, man..

you know better that not every facts are good for public consumption..

inter don;t go against free press, they just simply choose what they say..

if we wanna show many facts within the team..., then there will so many bad things..

imagine that inter is a family, there're problems once in a while which can be solved within one or two days.., but if the news got out...
the problem will remain known by the public and the pain doesn't go away too easily....

something's said in public media, do not have to be included at inter.it..
those kind of statement is not considered as inter's statement.... since it doesn't go with inter's vision and mision..
but inter doesn't counter it either..., they respect free journalism..

Those are said by players, coaches, staffs, or other people which are beneficial to inter, can be published by inter.it

so far, I have no problem with that...

Granit
10 May 04, 06:42
Her is an interview with our very own BOBO...

VIERI: "VERY PLEASED BY THE APPLAUSE"
Monday, 10 May 2004 07:37:00
MILAN - Nerazzurri centre-forward Christian Vieri gave a telephone interview to sports programme Domenica Sportiva on Sunday evening:

Vieri, Inter got an important result today for the Champions League race. And now?
"And now everything depends on us. The match against Parma was the most important one of the second half of the season. We absolutely had to win. We didn't play a good match in Lecce , it was a hard-fought victory today because Parma are a good side and they played a good match at the San Siro, but the victory came and this is the only thing that counts. Now, in the final ninety minutes of the season next Sunday, everything depends on us."

Were you pleased by the applause from the fans when you left the pitch?
"Yes, I was very pleased. I left the pitch calmly. Don't look to make useless arguments."

What's the rapport with Alberto Zaccheroni like?
"I have a professional rapport with the coach. We work together and when we need to talk we do so without any problems. It's a normal working relationship, just like with everybody else. There are no problems. When we have something to say we say it."

It has been a strange season for Inter. What do you think?
"We haven't done too well, but we've improved in the second half of the season. It didn't go like we wanted at the beginning. We went out of the Champions League but then we picked up and this isn't a completely bad season. It's true that we've lacked a bit of continuity, but we've also had a lot of injuries and problems."

Are you and Adriano capable of playing together?
"This kind of problem only exists in Italy. Myself and Adriano are perfectly capable of playing together. I've played with Crespo, Ronaldo, Salas. I've always got on well with everybody and I don't see why I shouldn't play with Adriano. I think it's always better to have great players. And at Inter we have a lot. We've all played in attack, we're all good, and everybody has been ready when needed. I have never got on badly with anybody. The concept of a first and second striker doesn't exist in modern football, but it's clear that strikers aren't enough to win. You also need a strong and united team."

Was Matteo Ferrari's challenge in the area a penalty?
"Yes, it was a penalty. I got to the ball first..."

And the booking? You were on a caution, which means you won't be able to play in Empoli...
"To tell the truth, I didn't know I was on a caution. It was a slightly nervous match, but I don't think the foul was a bookable offence. In any case, we'll see a great Inter in Empoli as well. We want to win so we can get into the Champions League. There are no longer any easy matches in the Italian championship and we know this. Empoli lost against Ancona today. Who would have predicted that? So it won't be easy on Sunday. They need points to stay up, but we must win and we have every chance of getting another win and qualifying for the Champions [League]."

With the European Championship on the horizon, what's your state of form?
]"I felt well today, I had strength in my legs. On Tuesday I'll begin specific preparations and I'll do everything possible to be in form for the European Championship. Baggio? He's great. Those who said he was finished, finished before him. But Roberto has already said he will stop at the end of the season, so don't put me in difficulty with questions about a possible call-up. It's Trap who decides. But if he doesn't come with us, there's no problem for the squad. These are things which are only said in Italy. Abroad, everyone plays together and no one says anything."

Did you think it might be your last match for Inter at the San Siro today?
"I had other things to think about. And what was I thinking about? Scoring goals.. (I really hope it was not his last macht) :depress:

Do you feel you're the moral winner in this Inter side?
"The winner is always Moratti. He has suffered for Inter for many years, and without taking anything away from Facchetti, when we win my first thoughts are for him. I'm fine at Inter and I'm not thinking about leaving. If Moratti tells me the club has other plans, then we'll talk about it, without any problems. I haven't made any agreements with anybody. I have two more years on my contract with Inter."

Francesco Totti would like to have you at Roma...
"He obviously likes playing with me. Maybe he can come to Inter..."(We all hope soo...rigth???)

Ziyad
10 May 04, 07:14
Thats the best interview for BoBo...I hope he is always like that and i hope he stays and who knows maybe drag Totti here :D ;)

Handoyo
10 May 04, 09:35
The Romans may invade the Milan city if we get Totti. Romanisti and Laziali will join force to destroy the San Siro stadium. :D

Hand:pyo

Interforeva
10 May 04, 10:16
If Vieri is telling the truth then it is nice to know that he is not thinking of leaving :) Up until now I have always thought that for Vieri to stay then Zac would have to get the sack and that would only happen if we did not qualify for the Champions league.

Granit
10 May 04, 21:07
When you were substituted against Parma yesterday everybody applauded you. But you didn't salute the fans. Why not?

"I should have saluted them because they gave great applause for me and I was pleased about this. It's true, I didn't greet them, though it's difficult to forget the boos."

what do you think aboust that...?
Inter got some idiot's fans....

Hammoudi
10 May 04, 22:30
And the booking? You were on a caution, which means you won't be able to play in Empoli...
"To tell the truth, I didn't know I was on a caution. It was a slightly nervous match, but I don't think the foul was a bookable offence.

That's the only bad part of the interview. How the heck didn't the team and he know that? Only in inter!!! :depress: :depress: :depress:

Interforeva
11 May 04, 09:13
Vieri snubs transfer tales Tuesday 11 May, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christian Vieri suggests that Francesco Totti and himself will remain with their respective clubs next season.

Both men have been linked with summer transfers but the Inter ace maintains he will still be wearing the Nerazzurri shirt.

"I often speak to Totti but at the end of the day he will stay at Roma and I’ll still be here," he stated.

Totti has publicly asked Vieri to come and join him in the capital, even if the Giallorossi hero is a reported target for Real Madrid.

"I’ll definitely still be at Inter next season where we must finally win something prestigious," added the international.

Vieri’s comments will be welcomed by a large proportion of the Inter fans, many of who gave him a generous round of applause at the weekend.

"I would have wanted to give them a gesture to thank them when I was replaced against Parma," added Bobo.

"But then I remembered all of the times when I was jeered. Yet I’ll salute them the next time."

Vieri was again asked whether he believed he could play alongside the similar in style Adriano next term.

"It’s not true that we can’t co-exist," he added. "After all, I have done well playing alongside Ronaldo and Gabriel Batistuta in the past."

========================================

Lately everywhere I look I am reading positive Vieri interviews which is nice to see but I won't be satisfied till the transfer window closes for next season. Too many times players say they are happy where they are and they are not thinking of leaving then next thing you know you see them joining a new club.

Also Vieri is right we really do need to win something great next season :)

Bobone Vieri C32
15 May 04, 19:50
Ma, tell me this. How can you possibly hate a player who has scored over 100 goals for Inter in the past 5 seasons? Why do i always hear people talk about why he does not show love by not celebrating after his goals? well lemme tell ya something. wasnt he celebrating his goals last season and the begining of this season? should a player really be happy and celebrate his goals after stupid individuals disrespect Bobo by throwing cocktails at his resteraunt? for crying out loud how many times has Vieri have to repeat himself that he wants to stay with Inter for life? i think you people are caught as victims of 'Mediahype." I know this is old news but let me set this whole thing straight. Zac said to Vieri before the Bologna game that he would be dropped due to his head injury and that he only trained with the team for 3 days after recovering. Well what do you think happens to injured players? do they necessarly have to sit on the bench? i think not. Vieri should have been at home resting YET he wanted to train at the facility for the rest of the day to regain fit. But Zac was talking bullcrap after the game how he told Vieri to sit on the bench. but for what? to play the last 6 minutes? ma please, Zac said in the interview how Vieri and Adriano couldn't play together yet that is completly false because they have only played 5 games together and 3 turned out to be decent games thus will make Moratti fire Zac before Vieri if he does not fuck up on the las cruciall game against Empoli. But here i am reading the 'Lo gazzetta dello sport" it says that even if Inter dont qualify CL Zac will be inter coach next season which im 100% totally behind Zac. now why would i say this after Zac had a crappy season? i'll tell ya why. Zac was doing shit because he had to work with the shit cuper bought in the summer transfers but i think Zac deserves to have a full season under his belt to work with the players though i totally think Zac has been unfair to Vieri this season by benching him all the time. But anyways, anyone says that Bobo should leave inter is not a true Interista and that they betrayed a player who has helped us for 5 seasons being there on important games. geez, when was the last time you saw a player score a hat-trick on his debut for Inter? Anyone who says they want Vieri out just makes me sick and makes me wants to punch their lights out. There is only 2 things why Bobo is having a crappy season.....Zac and Injury has kept Bobo from scoring YET HE HAS SCORED 13 ODD GOALS FOR INTER THIS SEASON IN SERIE A! If no one can see this then your all obviously retarded.

Sisenando
15 May 04, 19:56
Welcome senõr Bobone Vieri C32! Its nice to see my fellow Bobo loving friend. I agree with your post there and what a debut post!I'm starting to like you already...
P.S: Why don't u introduce yourself in the fan exchange?We might get to know ya better ;)

Bobone Vieri C32
15 May 04, 20:07
Welcome senõr Bobone Vieri C32! Its nice to see my fellow Bobo loving friend. I agree with your post there and what a debut post!I'm starting to like you already...
P.S: Why don't u introduce yourself in the fan exchange?We might get to know ya better ;)

Grazie, and i appreciate you all for having me here now i must post into the fan exchange forum....

Tommi
15 May 04, 20:11
Anyone who says they want Vieri out just makes me sick and makes me wants to punch their lights out.
Well said man, i totally agree with you :)

...and welcome to this forum.

Handoyo
16 May 04, 08:12
C32, just a suggestion, pragraphings will make your post easier to be read. ;)

Hand;)yo

Ziyad
16 May 04, 21:10
Vieri: Only Moratti Can Make Me Go Away
Latest News | News Archive

05/16/2004. Christian Vieri has announced once again that he doesn't want to leave Inter and he doesn't have a problem with Zaccheroni.

"I have never argued with the manager and I have never told him what to do because I respect him," the striker said. "I want to play for Inter as long as possible and will be here next season as well".

"I'll change club only if Moratti wants me to go away," he added. "I hope that next year can be a good one for us and for the fans because they deserve it".
SA Italy
==========================

This is the right attitude from one of the leaders and top players of the club lets hope it stays this way with all our players.

ADRIANO***
27 May 04, 06:58
I really think Bobo must go!he gave us everything so lets cell it now when we can get some money for him:):):)

bye Bobo!

Adriano@10
27 May 04, 13:42
I dont now what i should say if Vieri plays a saison like this one it would be better if he leavs. But we can t just forget what he has don the last years for inter he was always the best forward. I think we should give Vieri an other year and then we should look again if we hold him ore let him go

Frisko
04 Jun 04, 13:55
Gazzetta.it and numerous other sites quote Vieri saying that he never said he wants to leave Inter, and he will only if Moratti decides to sell him, otherwise he will honour his contract and stay for another 2 seasons.

MMMM....could that be true?

I'm thinking about something here...is Inter trying to raise the offer from Real Madrid for Bobo? By trying and making the possible deal with Juve bigger and bigger, throwing in defenders and such?

In the end, Vieri, even if behaving strangely (no celebrations for his goals, facing the rage of the tifosi, having a row with Zac about being on the bench) has said many many times that he doesn't want to leave.

The big siren in the Real Madrid chance would be RONALDO! They're very good friends, and Vieri would love to play with him again.

One more thing: Real has got to pay us 8 millions by the end of June for the Ronaldo deal...if we decided to sell Vieri to them, couldn't we solve the left back problem with an old friend....Roberto Carlos!! He said many times that he doesn't want to go anywhere, but then he almost signed for Chelsea, and he wants a 4 years contract, which Real are not keen on....

P.S. TOMMI: thanks for telling me to move this post, I'm new here... :)

Tommi
04 Jun 04, 14:00
P.S. TOMMI: thanks for telling me to move this post, I'm new here... :)
No problem, but i meant Vieri in Di Vaio swap? thread. :D

I think that would be better thread, you can find it from transfer & rumors forum. Sorry for not being clear. :) That was just a suggestion, not a demand. :D

Frisko
04 Jun 04, 21:11
I just read on Gazzetta.it that basically the deal between Inter and Juve about Vieri is already all done, just a swap Vieri-Di Vaio, no other players coming our way. The only problem would be Bobo's wages: what he earns at Inter is the same money that Juve refused to pay Trezeguet, therefore they're in an akward position...

Gosh this sucks, only Di Vaio grrrr we have El Jardinero he's better!!!

Pani
04 Jun 04, 21:15
If we agree,we will be so idiot!!

dzhoyan1908
15 Jun 04, 13:18
I dislike vieri !

It is disappointing for me that he wont leave :depress:

forzainter23
17 Jun 04, 18:57
I dislike vieri !

It is disappointing for me that he wont leave :depress:

Only when he's gone everyone will appreciate what he has done for inter :depress:

Please dont leave BOBO :cry2:

Sisenando
22 Jun 04, 04:35
C'mon don't start this again... Name me one Italian centre forward better than Vieri in what he does?Gilardino is a hot prospect but he has only been playing regularly for what...2 yrs? Bobo may look sloppy in the euro 2004 so far but that does not take away his credentials as a Great striker.Why would Italy pin their hopes on him if he was crap?Keeping Vieri till he retires is the least we could do to repay him for what he has given us; his blood, sweat and tears... :)

Now that Zac has left, it seems that Vieri will stay cos' both of them cant live together. Let's hope for the better, shall we? :)

Sincerely yours,
Recoba87

Marco The Butcher
22 Jun 04, 05:06
I mentioned before he does well for italy.. he gives them more..
The question is not about he is good. he wont fit with inter. thats the problem. To play bobo, then adriano with him will not work and we will kill recoba and martins.. the cycle is over..
Its the same with Kluivert, why will barca let him go..? he cant fit their new plans.. Kluivert did alot to barca and he stood with them and didnt leave when they were collapsing, and the fans turned on him too like what happened with bobo.

Bobo is 32.. why keep him to play instead of younger ones who deserve to more than him.
you will tell me, he can still do the job..? Well he can for italy yah but not with us.. why take the risk then..?

Pravesh
25 Jun 04, 05:23
it's not that i hate vieri, but vieri's inter future is over ... i guess...
he's done alot for inter, but now it's time to say thanx and bye

we shud sell/trade vieri...

:stuckup: ;)

Ari
29 Jun 04, 16:33
Yeah. It's not that he isn't good. It's just time to go for Adriano..

Ziyad
29 Jun 04, 21:48
U mean Vieri...u gave me a scare there for a bit. ;)

Pulsar36
29 Jun 04, 22:03
Moratti signs Vieri's transfer papers over my dead body. He gave too much. Inter is too prestigious. WHy can't they let him retire here and give him respect as one of the alltime great Inter strikers? Adriano , I'm not sold on yet.

Stefan
29 Jun 04, 22:08
Cause he doesn't expet the bench under any circumstances. Adriano is now vieri is the past. Vieri needs to go but it seems he will stay. Well all we can hope for is that mancio can get vieri-adriano to work.

Ari
30 Jun 04, 09:04
U mean Vieri...u gave me a scare there for a bit. ;)

Yeah I meant the opposite.. :D

What I'm afraid that Bobo will kill Recoba's and Oba's careers..

We should be playing with one striker and that striker should be Adriano with Oba and on another with his back-ups. Which means Recoba should play behind Adriano on the left..

Adriano is our future.

Adriano
Recoba Veron Deki

Pod
09 Aug 04, 12:06
Mancio relies on young guns Monday 9 August, 2004

Roberto Mancini insists Adriano and Obafemi Martins will be his first choice pairing this season, but both could miss the Basel clash.

“Adriano and Martins will create an incredible partnership upfront, not just this year but for a decade to come. Perhaps I will teach them a trick or two.”.

This is an important statement from the former Sampdoria and Lazio legend, who had convinced Christian Vieri to stay on at the club despite interest from Real Madrid and Juventus.

“Vieri won’t play every single game,” conceded Mancini, “but I’m sure his input will allow us to win a few matches.”

The Italian international is notoriously ill tempered when forced to sit on the bench, as Alberto Zaccheroni learned last season when Vieri often refused to take his seat.

However, there are rather more pressing problems for the Nerazzurri as they prepare for Wednesday’s Champions’ League preliminary round trip to Basel.

There are injury worries to contend with, as Vieri, Martins, Fabio Cannavaro, Cristiano Zanetti and the suspended Sinisa Mihajlovic are out of action, while Nicolas Burdisso is at the Olympics with Argentina.

“I don’t know if Adriano will be able to play,” admitted Mancini as the Brazilian returned to Italy this morning following the tragic death of his father last week. “He is free to choose what he wants to do, but obviously we’d love to have him with us in Switzerland.”

It looks likely that Alvaro Recoba will take one of the starting places, with Julio Cruz perhaps stepping in if Adriano is not 100 per cent fit.

“The Swiss outfit are not to be underestimated,” he told the Gazzetta dello Sport, “as they have already beaten Manchester United and Juventus on their home turf. Above all, they are five weeks into their League season and are therefore at a more advanced stage of fitness preparation.”

Much is expected of Inter this season, as Mancini must provide entertaining play as well as results.

“Attractive football is a way of getting victories rather than an end in itself. At Inter there is a fear of failure and the best way to be rid of that is for players to enjoy their work, but that doesn't mean the result is secondary."

"I have learnt a lot from maestros of the game like Vujadin Boskov and Sven Goran Eriksson, but I can see Arrigo Sacchi’s influence in a lot of my teams.”

Meanwhile, it has been confirmed that English referee Graham Poll will be in charge of Inter’s crunch match against Swiss outfit Basel and German official Herbert Fandel oversees Juve’s tie with Djurgarden.

Looks that Mancio understand that Vieri - Adriano doesn't work perfectly.Bobo must be prepared that he will be benched this year for many times ,but not in Coppa Italia of course :D
But ,bench player with earn 6 mln euro a year ,man, this is sick :scared:

Giorgio
09 Aug 04, 12:09
WOW.

That news came as a bit of a shock. This is to be honest the news that I wanted. I was half expecting Mancini to favour Vieri and discard the other, more talented forwards. This statement means Mancini now has my full backing.

Forza Mancini and Adriano and Martins :D

Tommi
09 Aug 04, 12:52
Roberto Mancini insists Adriano and Obafemi Martins will be his first choice pairing this season... <snip>

Looks that Mancio understand that Vieri - Adriano doesn't work perfectly.Bobo must be prepared that he will be benched this year for many times ,but not in Coppa Italia of course :D
Sorry to spoil your happiness, but that´s not exactly what Mancini said or meant.

I´m too tired to translate it, but you can read that full interview from here (http://www.gazzetta.it/primi_piani/calcio/2004/pp_1.0.466200301.shtml).

Gismo
09 Aug 04, 14:00
Can you translate it for us then, Don Tommi? My systran doesn´t work... :depress:

J zanetti
09 Aug 04, 16:03
If Mancini now meant what he said in regards to Adriano and Martins then I guess its the best thing he has ever said while being in charge of us.

To me - there is no doubt that Adriano should be our nr 1 weapon upfront. He should play with either Martins or Chinito depending on their form.
Bobo should come into the picture when Adriano isnt available or we want to play with 3 upfront or any other given scenario.

Since the Zac era, ive always insisted that the pair of Adriano and Bobo CAN NOT play together.
And today I still say the same thing. Both are left footed which means they both tend to make their runs out in the left. Plus as we all know the both have alot of similar characteristics. It just wont work! simple as that :)

Gismo
09 Aug 04, 16:49
So two right footed players can´t work together either? :D

Jake
09 Aug 04, 16:54
Free translation from Gazzetta:

Vieri will not play every match, because no one is able to play 60 matches in a season, besides he's not a boy anymore. But we can count on his quality that will win more than one result for our favor.
---------------------------------------

I hate those Football Italia's translations where they spice up the interview's so often.

Mikkel
09 Aug 04, 17:10
If Vieri will submit to, beeing on the bench..It would be great.

Pod
09 Aug 04, 19:18
He must accept benching since noone want to buy him for right price and considering his wage.He has no choise.

Mikkel
09 Aug 04, 19:30
I think that he is gonna be pissed just like last time....That is just the way he is :rolleyes:

Gismo
09 Aug 04, 20:39
It´s different now. Mancini is his friend, Oba is his friend. Hell, he might even accept the bench. Still it is to be seen how much he will play since Channel 4 lied.

Ziyad
09 Aug 04, 20:57
I think he might accept the bench for some time(epsecially that he is injured) but we will definately see this issue raised again..

Gismo
09 Aug 04, 21:07
If Mancini prefers Martins - Adriano there is a 50 chance of chaos and mayhem. :(

J zanetti
09 Aug 04, 21:19
So two right footed players can´t work together either? :D
ofcourse they can, but it will be VERY difficult when you have
2 target players who have alot of similar characteristics!

Im sure if you had seen them play together you would have
noticed what Im on about ;)

Im not a coach, but even I can see the obvious. Adriano/Bobo
doesnt work. Especially in a a game when things are not working well for them/the team. We wouldnt have much alternative.

However lets say if we had some1 like martins or chino next to either of them then we could try other alternatives. Such as long balls behind opponents defence/or perhaps one player (chino/martins) could drop behind either of them and by doing so shake up the opponents defence line.
Cruz was/is good at droping behind and help the midfield and provide balls for our target man.

chalon
10 Aug 04, 02:58
Of course two left footed strikers can play together, most of the strikers couples in the world are both right footed, like Sheva-Tomasson/Inzaghi/Crespo, Larsson-Saviola/E'too, Del Piero-Trezeguet,Henry-Trezeguet,Crespo-Saviola/Delgado/Tevez,Makaay-Pizarro, etc. so is the same as Adriano-Vieri/Martins.

Recoba is gonna play as left mid, or back up striker???, I'd like to see him as left mid, with Emre as back up.

----------Davids-------
Stankovic------Recoba
-----------Veron--------

interafei
13 Oct 04, 16:32
Farewell to BOBO

Vieri is old ,he has been 31years old ,he is not the one ,who can save inter everytime when the squad needs him, he’s ever been the king of Cuper’s time ,However, time changed, Cos’ A10 becomes the new king of inter and takes place of him, we have to admit the fact that his feeling of match ,speed, confidence ,decision and strength go to hell, Now inter doesn’t need him, because we have Martins, a new superstar rising. meanwhile we have Rocoba and Cruz, who are both perfect, The players I mentioned are the right partner of A10,Rocoba can play different positions, for instance, he’s ever played right winger and his performance was not bad, Maybe you guys watched the match Roma VS Inter, his superb beautiful goal headed the match one time ,Chio has recovered from the injury and gotten the confidence back, hasn’t him? Cruz is also great though Mancini gives him a few chances this season ,Yet I have the course that he can contribute to the squad when inter needs him. Mancini gives BOBO a plenty of Chances, but he missed all include the penlty, So from now on ,he cannot score, It’s a shame for a super forward to kick none. However , Mancini defends him and says that he is just only lack of luck, as a Nerazzurri fan ,I think it’s unacceptable. right? Therefore I deem that Mancini should give Cruz more chance to be on the pitch not sit on the bench. we don’t forget his highlight in Inter when we were against Juventus, he scored two goals last season, maybe he is a supplement of A10,isn’t he?

Martins is a rising superstar, he isn’t only the future and fortune of Nerazzurri, but he is quite young and full of confidence, I think Martins plays important role in Mancini’s tactics, he is the suitable person to be alongside A10,I think most of you agree my standpoint., the game of Inter against Parma was a key point, Vieri was replaced by Martins, When he leaving ,fans hissed . It’s Martins ,who saved inter ,he scored two goals and the second goal was nice, if Mancini took him on the pitch earily,, the result would be changed, I’m sure, so in CL, the Coach utilized Martins instead, Unluckily, Martins was injury when Roma against Nerazzurri, in a case, I think the complement of A10 is Rocoba while Martins can't play.

here is my views about inter and Vieri. thanks for reading.....................

scutzon
14 Oct 04, 00:33
I kind of agree with you with most of your points. But IMO, Vieri just needs a little more time to find his form. And by this, I do not mean keep playing him until he starts to score. Just give Vieri time to play in a few matches, maybe as a substitute. When he finally does score, I think he'll continue to do so.

interafei
14 Oct 04, 02:31
I kind of agree with you with most of your points. But IMO, Vieri just needs a little more time to find his form. And by this, I do not mean keep playing him until he starts to score. Just give Vieri time to play in a few matches, maybe as a substitute. When he finally does score, I think he'll continue to do so.

Mancini's given him so many chances,but he missed all,so I think he should sit on the bench as a substitute like you post,Martins and Cruz should be on the pitch,esp,Martins.IMO has proved him that he has the ability to be a member of Nerazzurri.

Abdul
14 Oct 04, 08:23
I tend to agree that Vieri's days as our champion are over, but the man has served us for ages, we cant just put a big X over his name, we have to give him a chance and hope for the best.

SB9Dragon
14 Oct 04, 11:19
Vieri has done a lot for this side, a lot of times being the only reason why we won. He's been our scoring champ for the past few years and I congratulate him for that. Though if he wants to stay in this team he has to continue putting out effort and start to score again.

The last games he played he may have been of poor form and he may not have scored but its clear he was trying really hard to do so. I recognized that and so did the fans so much so that when he was subbed he wasn't jeered but he got a round of applause.

Anywayz I think Vieri can still go back to his scoring ways though I still don't believe that him and Adriano can coexist together.

koppolicci
01 Jul 05, 17:21
The web photo :http://www.interfans.net/bobo2.bmp

In China,one nerazzurri'web has been shut for three days .

we're so angry now

8 years ago ,i loved inter for BOBO

this interfans'web : www.interfans.net

Fabio
01 Jul 05, 17:49
Personally I think that's a bit too far. But I hope it goes well for you...

Fabio :rolleyes:

SB9Dragon
01 Jul 05, 23:24
There goes our #1 support in China. :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh:

Miki
01 Jul 05, 23:46
Are you guys Inter fans or Vieri fans? :confused: We all know that there is a time that comes when players have to part from their clubs, be it forced, natural or mutual. We all have to learn to live with it. :)

But like Fabio said, whatever floats your boat, really.

Ciao,
Tim

Mikkel
02 Jul 05, 00:10
the latter I guess..... :rolleyes:

And we can say good buy to the nr. 1 spot in china thats for sure.... well honstly I don't care, the moste of them are not that much interested in clubs anyway but more in football icons like Beckham :yuck:

scutzon
02 Jul 05, 02:21
well honstly I don't care, the moste of them are not that much interested in clubs anyway but more in football icons like Beckham :yuck:
What makes you think that way? I don't think that's a fair judgement, if you have not really seen soccer fans from China.

Anyway, they're shutting down the website for only three days. It's not that they are closing down forever. They're just really upset that Vieri has left, even worse, he was released, not even sold. And it seems natural that they express their anger, through whatever medium they deem appropriate. They just chose one which many would deem a bit extreme.

Imagine what would happen if we release Adriano on a free... :scared:

El Chino Recoba
02 Jul 05, 04:41
Imagine what they will do when/if El Chino leaves :D

primo-inter
02 Jul 05, 04:59
frankly I couldn't care less. Most Asian inter fans probably can't tell you the names of 11 inter players.

I know some Asians in Australia who actually believe Recoba is Chinese. That indicates to me that the general feeling is that they know f-ck all.

Opeum
02 Jul 05, 05:18
And we can say good buy to the nr. 1 spot in china thats for sure.... well honstly I don't care, the moste of them are not that much interested in clubs anyway but more in football icons like Beckham

Plus...they just want to gamble......all they think is money..money...and money...

BlueBacchus
02 Jul 05, 05:45
The CLUB is bigger than any player(s)!

Handoyo
02 Jul 05, 15:13

And we can say good buy to the nr. 1 spot in china thats for sure.... well honstly I don't care, the moste of them are not that much interested in clubs anyway but more in football icons like Beckham :yuck:
Assumptions is the mother of all f*cked-ups. The very fact that Inter, who has no football icons other than Adriano in 2005, is the most supported club there, simply state the fact that your post speaks nothing but ignorance. :thumbsdo:

As a Chinese myself, I am seriously offended by this.

primo-inter
02 Jul 05, 15:42
Handoyo surely you have to admit that a large percentage of Asian football fans are strongly drawn by the 'glamour' element of the sport. e.g. the Beckham bullshit and all the BIG NAMES who earn heaps of money and have their own special boots etc.... Surely you must agree that this is true?

I think what 'Adriano' wrote was slightly wrong but he had some valid points.

We all know that you, Handoyo, are a loyal fan and know inter inside out, but the rest aren't all like you.

Handoyo
02 Jul 05, 16:01
Handoyo surely you have to admit that a large percentage of Asian football fans are strongly drawn by the 'glamour' element of the sport. e.g. the Beckham bullshit and all the BIG NAMES who earn heaps of money and have their own special boots etc.... Surely you must agree that this is true?

I think what 'Adriano' wrote was slightly wrong but he had some valid points.

We all know that you, Handoyo, are a loyal fan and know inter inside out, but the rest aren't all like you.
Yeah, in fact, I have criticiszed them myself. I think I over-reacted there. Perhaps I was infected by your infamous temper, Primo? :p:dielaugh:

Anyways, I think yeah, Adriano has a valid point and I kinda over-reacted but looking that China has Inter, who has won zip and has no football icon other than Adriano who has only risen last season, as their favorite team, just signify that the people in China are not glory-hunters. And thus, I disagree with Adriano.

Hand;)yo

Pravesh
02 Jul 05, 16:08
frankly I couldn't care less. Most Asian inter fans probably can't tell you the names of 11 inter players.

I know some Asians in Australia who actually believe Recoba is Chinese. That indicates to me that the general feeling is that they know f-ck all.

BTW, I do know some Chinese Inter fans and they know alot abt Inter. That also doesn't mean that all Chinese Inter fans in general, know everythng abt Inter like us. :)

Those who are pure Inter fans do know inter players.
Some Asians in Australia believe that Recoba is actually a Chinese ?? :D ..... May be they are not interested in football (players) tht much at all or just doesn't bother at all. May be American/European/African ppl will also say the same thing if they know just a bit abt football/players. ;)

I am kinda shocked with that as well. But it's just like others being fan of M.Jackson who're crazy of him despite his negative stuffs. Personally, I dun like Beckham as well. :)

Miki
02 Jul 05, 20:02
But wouldn't that mean that a club other than Inter would be the most supported in China? Seeing as Inter are far less glamorous than a handful of clubs, it says a lot that a club which, prior to a month ago, has not won anything remains as the most loved team in a nation that is somewhat football crazy.

It would be very offensive against an Asian football supporter to have to bear the stigma of generalization. What Adriano said has merit, but i think it applies less to the Chinese Inter fans than to the Japanese for example. :)

Ciao,
Tim

Gaetan
03 Jul 05, 19:26

Faisal, hop off the guy's scrotum for once. The world doesn't revolve around him, you know? :D

Anyways, whatever. Some seem to be more interested in what is going on with Bobo then what is good for the team. I admit, at first I also made a bigger deal out of this then it really was but this is what's best for both sides. All you can do now is wish him the best and that we won't have to see him in Calcio. Out of respect for our fans, I expect him to go to the EPL or La Liga.

scutzon
04 Jul 05, 03:06

Faisal, hop off the guy's scrotum for once. The world doesn't revolve around him, you know? :D
:dielaugh: :dielaugh:

That's a classic! Going straight into my sig. You mind?

:dielaugh:

El Chino Recoba
04 Jul 05, 04:20
Gaetan go wank over Luis Fabiano for f*cks sake, you were laughing at me for saying Adriano was better than him a while back and now you have Adriano in your avatar! fickle f*ck.

Oh and are you still having nightmares over what team to support? I told you man just be a neutral instead of jumping from Inter to Milan to Roma to Inter to Man Utd to Barca to Inter, go suck a lemon kid.

primo-inter
04 Jul 05, 05:57
Oh and are you still having nightmares over what team to support? I told you man just be a neutral instead of jumping from Inter to Milan to Roma to Inter to Man Utd to Barca to Inter, go suck a lemon kid.

is this true?

and relax, please refrain from abuse to other members.. the mods will be up ur ass in a second (rightly so). Expect to receive a warning PM soon.

El Chino Recoba
04 Jul 05, 06:11
100% true

Im sorry but he was out of order, if he wants respect he should show it, I have shown nothing but respect to everyone on this board until then and I expect the same.

koppolicci
04 Jul 05, 08:22
99 is Bergomi,
00 is Baggio,
01 is Zamorano,
02 is Ronaldo ,
03 is crespo,
04 is Cannavaro,
05 is Vieri,
06 is ?

may be J.Z?

it's too badly!!!

why not think abot them for the club?

primo-inter
04 Jul 05, 08:24
99 is Bergomi,
00 is Baggio,
01 is Zamorano,
02 is Ronaldo ,
03 is crespo,
04 is Cannavaro,
05 is Vieri,
06 is ?

may be J.Z?

it's too badly!!!

06 will be Veron. I'm quite sure of this.

Miki
04 Jul 05, 11:36
99 is Bergomi,
00 is Baggio,
01 is Zamorano,
02 is Ronaldo ,
03 is crespo,
04 is Cannavaro,
05 is Vieri,
06 is ?

may be J.Z?

it's too badly!!!

Well, you can't be expecting to keep these players at our club forever right. :P

Stop making a big deal out of the transfers. You're starting to sound like someone we know. ;)

Ciao,
Tim

Gaetan
05 Jul 05, 06:21
I'll be the bigger man and decide to embarass you on MSN if I have to, but unlike yourself, I have too much class to disrupt this thread into bashing.

But, hope your enjoying the 'busy' summer alongside your fellow Romanisti. Oh wait... you pulled a Gaetan and don't support them anymore. :D

Take your best shot at me via here or PM's, doesn't matter. Nothing that can bother me or be news to any of the long time FI members. Again, don't expect a reply from me - I've got bigger fish to fry, so to speak.

Miki
05 Jul 05, 18:13
Come on Gaetan & Faisal, let's not turn yet another thread into a possible flame war. We all have our opinions but sometimes, we should just agree to disagree. Inter needs its fans to stand strong together now more than ever.

Ciao,
Tim

Mikkel
05 Jul 05, 19:47
99 is Bergomi,
00 is Baggio,
01 is Zamorano,
02 is Ronaldo ,
03 is crespo,
04 is Cannavaro,
05 is Vieri,
06 is ?

may be J.Z?

it's too badly!!!

Well, you can't be expecting to keep these players at our club forever right. :P

Stop making a big deal out of the transfers. You're starting to sound like someone we know. ;)

Ciao,
Tim

You are not refering to me are you :confused:

It has becomed a bad trend for us..... well there is nothing we can do about it, it is no use crying over spilt milk.

Miki
05 Jul 05, 20:14
You are not refering to me are you :confused:

It has becomed a bad trend for us..... well there is nothing we can do about it, it is no use crying over spilt milk.
No, not you but a certain someone we just barred for a week. ;)

Ciao,
Tim

Sisenando
13 Jul 05, 02:15
Dear Bobo, why must u put us in this state? What is your freakin' problem? Do you hate us?The club? or simply Zac? Are you intimidated by Adriano and Obafemi that you have to resort to childish qualms? You want a place in the team eh? Why don't u work for it....Wee love you Bobo. Why don't u respond to our love? Wear your heart on your sleeve, tough man, and it'll lead you to places. :heart: :heart: You know, your age is catching up with you...Why don't you help us on the pitch rather that make Fachetti a happy man by being a good piece of business? You know, Chelsea is lurking and Hernan is there... But u don't expect it to be the same there right?U know what a theatre the San Siro is...It'll be fun to see you bang in the goals, CELEBRATE and maybe give us a little something more for a few more seasons... ;) And after that, you can fight with all the ppl u want to fight with and throw your tantrums all over Milan. So my dear gentleman, give us a little pleasure in seeing you pass on your invaluable experience to Obafemi and Adriano.

Sincerely yours,
Your biggest fan,
Recoba87

Memories of my first ever post on FI! man, a year ago, i was already frustrated with his qualms. Maybe i knew somewhere, somehow, that this is the becomings of an eventual Milanista! Gd luck soldier, hope to see you regret this for the rest of your life.
PS: I just realised after so many years, that bobo looks like Dolph Lundgren, u know the actor opposite Van Damme in Universal soldier and in one of the rocky movies :D

Hammoudi
13 Jul 05, 03:55
Sincerely yours,
Your biggest fan,
Recoba87

:dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: Nice man! You did it Stan style, didn't notice that.

Miki
13 Jul 05, 07:52
So can we attribute Zai's whiny post as the reason Vieri left us? :D

Ciao,
Tim

BlueBacchus
13 Jul 05, 07:53
So can we attribute Zai's whiny post as the reason Vieri left us? :D

Ciao,
Tim

LOL :dielaugh:

Sisenando
13 Jul 05, 08:15
Yeah, he probably read this website and asked his agent to intepret what i said in italian. He then reconsidered my statements and thus, thought to himself, WOW! THAT WAS GREAT! THAT IS HOW I EXACTLY AM! Let's go to BBBilan then... :shades:

snake
13 Jul 05, 08:16
Yeah, he probably read this website and asked his agent to intepret what i said in italian. He then reconsidered my statements and thus, thought to himself, WOW! THAT WAS GREAT! THAT IS HOW I EXACTLY AM! Let's go to BBBilan then... :shades:

actually Vieri probably spoke the best English on the whole team. He did grow up in Australia :P

Sisenando
13 Jul 05, 08:40
oops.... But U got MY POINT? Didn't you :)