PDA

View Full Version : Walter "Il Muro" Samuel

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Frisko
30 Jul 05, 10:01
This is official now, Gazzetta published it and they say it loud and clear! Yes! This is a huge step towards the Scudetto!!

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Squadra/Inter/primo%20piano/2005/07-luglio/30samuel.shtml

wzjajian
30 Jul 05, 10:05
great!!!!!!!!!!!!
thank Moratti again!

pchu21
30 Jul 05, 10:06
anyone translate it?

Jimmy
30 Jul 05, 10:08
It's not official until any of the websites publish it.

DISCO ZZANG
30 Jul 05, 10:08
I think also Samuel is already official Inter player. without medical test and www.inter.it announcement. I don't know www.inter.it why..... :confused: BBilardino official announcement also before medical test.

bit strange.. plz inter.it doing it!!!

Frisko
30 Jul 05, 10:13
Inter-Samuel: It's Done!

http://www.gazzetta.it/Foto%20Hermes/2005/07/30/samuel--310x210.jpg

MILAN, 30 July 2005 – The negotiations are closed, an agreement has been reached. Walter Samuel is an Inter player. The official announcement is delayed until after the medical which the Argentinean will undergo on Monday, but last night, just before 9 pm, Inter and Samuel's agent have reached an agreement on the financial terms. Not an easy task, Massimo Moratti invested 16 million euros for the player and over 35 millions for his wages.

"We are delighted", said Samuel's agent Roberto Rodriguez, just after having spoken to Samuel about the deal (the player was in Madrid). The positive outcome of the negotiations was never in doubt, but the agreement was delayed for a couple of days.

Anyway, in the end, the hard work, mostly on a diplomatic level, done by Marco Branca and Lele Oriali, together with Real Madrid officials Bronzetti and Tirri, has paid off and starting from yesterday, Samuel is an Inter player.

Today Samuel will collect his belongings from the Ciudad Deportiva and will the head for Milan. He's scheduled to arrive tomorrow afternoon, evening at the latest.

On Monday he will sign a contract that will make him an Inter player until 2009. What made this possible was yet another meeting in the office of Inter official Ghelfi. Inter will pay 16 millions in 4 payments (3 millions now, the other 13 divided in 3 payments). Samuel will earn 4 millions per season.

The positive outcome of the deal became evident when Real signed Brazilian striker Baptista from Sevilla, which made offloading Samuel a must for Real. Yesterday Samuel was training in Madrid. He did not speak to the press but hinted that he was waiting for a phone call from his agent in Italy. And the call came just after 9 pm. If Samuel is very happy, so is Mancini, who's got the defender he needed, and in time to use him in the Champions League qualifier (there's time until 4 August for the list).

Frisko
30 Jul 05, 10:14
Just read what gazzetta said, this is official, they wouldn't use such clear terms if it wasn't. Get the champagne out of the fridge guys, it's celebration time!

Stefan
30 Jul 05, 10:17
It's not official until any of the websites publish it.

Gazzeta is never wrong. ;)

DISCO ZZANG
30 Jul 05, 10:19
Inter-Samuel: It's Done!

http://www.gazzetta.it/Foto%20Hermes/2005/07/30/samuel--310x210.jpg

MILAN, 30 July 2005 – The negotiations are closed, an agreement has been reached. Walter Samuel is an Inter player. The official announcement is delayed until after the medical which the Argentinean will undergo on Monday, but last night, just before 9 pm, Inter and Samuel's agent have reached an agreement on the financial terms. Not an easy task, Massimo Moratti invested 16 million euros for the player and over 35 millions for his wages.

"We are delighted", said Samuel's agent Roberto Rodriguez, just after having spoken to Samuel about the deal (the player was in Madrid). The positive outcome of the negotiations was never in doubt, but the agreement was delayed for a couple of days.

Anyway, in the end, the hard work, mostly on a diplomatic level, done by Marco Branca and Lele Oriali, together with Real Madrid officials Bronzetti and Tirri, has paid off and starting from yesterday, Samuel is an Inter player.

Today Samuel will collect his belongings from the Ciudad Deportiva and will the head for Milan. He's scheduled to arrive tomorrow afternoon, evening at the latest.

On Monday he will sign a contract that will make him an Inter player until 2009. What made this possible was yet another meeting in the office of Inter official Ghelfi. Inter will pay 16 millions in 4 payments (3 millions now, the other 13 divided in 3 payments). Samuel will earn 4 millions per season.

Yesterday Samuel was training in Madrid. He did not speak to the press but hinted that he was waiting for a phone call from his agent in Italy. If Samuel is very happy, so is Mancini, who's got the defender he needed, and in time to use him in the Champions League qualifier (there's time until 4 August for the list).

Perfect Translation. good job.

Stefan
30 Jul 05, 10:19
Thank you moratti for my belated birthday present. :)

Welcome Walter.

Frisko
30 Jul 05, 10:21
Never been so glad to translate something! Gazzetta used the phrase "Samuel is an Inter player" twice, their main title at the moment on their site is Inter-Samuel: It's done. It doesn't get clearer that this.

If it didn't go through, it would have been the first time that Gazzetta did such a huge mistake. But it won't happen, he's ours.

I just added some little bits to the translation. :star:

Pravesh
30 Jul 05, 10:45
It's not really offical yet, but just a bit like in the Davids case (it was official in the Spurs' site though); we are sure that we have already grabbed Samuel. It's just a matter of days, so I think it's better to have this thread. But lets NOT open these kinda threads again in the future until it's in the offical website of any clubs....

:star:

Now, all I want is Samuel wear Inter's jersey ... :proud:

Bader
30 Jul 05, 10:46
Frisko I :heart: u

welcome samuel :star:

Frisko
30 Jul 05, 10:47
Now Real have made official that they signed Robinho and that the deal went through despite problems with the Brazilian Federation. Just another confirmation that there is no more room for Samuel at Real.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/frisko/SamuelIsOurs.gif

Save this pic guys, this is a huge day for Inter, we'll look back at this pic and say "Look, that's when all this started!" :proud:

pchu21
30 Jul 05, 10:51
I save it , hehe ~

nugran78
30 Jul 05, 10:59
Damn straight Frisko!!! This could indeed be the beginning of something big!!! I'm so happy right now!!!

MoH
30 Jul 05, 11:03
& here I though it was official, I sincerely hope you guys are right, nothing mentioned on Inter.it or Real’s official website. But I guess the capture of Robinho is a sign…I wonder if Walter has an official website? :confused:

AdriOba
30 Jul 05, 11:17
CONGRATULATIONS ... NOW WE ARE IN THE SAME LEVEL AS BARCA , JUVE , BILAN , Chelsea ... but i think we are a level before Real and ManU

primo-inter
30 Jul 05, 11:44
This is a very good day.. I have saved the screenshot Frisko posted and I will keep it forever! If I reformat my computer it will be one of the first things I save onto a disk...

After all the speculation we finally have him... but now we have a new problem........ what can we talk about now?!?! :D

GRAZIE A MILE Frisko, you are a champion.... You have been of great service to us all.

Now Cordoba has a partner he can fully rely on.

Frisko
30 Jul 05, 11:47
Thanks primo :star:

Guys I know Gazzetta, they wouldn't be so clear if there was even 1% chance of him not signing. I know you're wary, and I was too, but when I read that article, there was no more room for doubt. We bagged him!

Adriano@10
30 Jul 05, 11:49
finaly we vegot him thanks to maoratti and management

Pod
30 Jul 05, 11:49
and what if he will fail medical ?
Still not official.

Adriano@10
30 Jul 05, 12:00
dam how could he fail medical in madrid they even do some tests with their players
think hes ours so finaly this fucking tomorrow talk is over

scutzon
30 Jul 05, 12:04
I'm still feeling doubtful about this, because Inter.it ha not officially declared this yet. I know sometimes Inter.it may be a little late in announcing transfers and stuff, but I just got to make sure.

Anyway, Channel4.com reports that Samuel will spark off a shopping spree, and we are after Figo, Miccoli and Diego Milito. Figo would be a pretty good addition, if he really is coming, but Miccoli and Milito? I just hope that not both of them are coming.

Stefan
30 Jul 05, 12:16
I'm still feeling doubtful about this, because Inter.it ha not officially declared this yet. I know sometimes Inter.it may be a little late in announcing transfers and stuff, but I just got to make sure.

Anyway, Channel4.com reports that Samuel will spark off a shopping spree, and we are after Figo, Miccoli and Diego Milito. Figo would be a pretty good addition, if he really is coming, but Miccoli and Milito? I just hope that not both of them are coming.

Gazzeta is always before inter.it and they are always right. When they say its done its done. :stuckup:

Riku
30 Jul 05, 12:16
Finally Samuel is ours! It`s party time people! :star: :party:

Frisko
30 Jul 05, 12:17
and what if he will fail medical ?
Still not official.

What if his plane crashes? :P

Pod
30 Jul 05, 12:20
hehe :thumbsup:

ILuvInter
30 Jul 05, 12:34
Now Real have made official that they signed Robinho and that the deal went through despite problems with the Brazilian Federation. Just another confirmation that there is no more room for Samuel at Real.

Save this pic guys, this is a huge day for Inter, we'll look back at this pic and say "Look, that's when all this started!" :proud:

YEAH ! YEAH! YEAH !!!! We are in the right direction and thanx Fris for all you have done plus im speechless about the motivation and inspiration you have towards our NErazzurri . Grazzie voi Senjor

Pod
30 Jul 05, 12:36
Honestly I don't bellive until I see that.I remember last year when Di vaio was almost swapped with Vieri.He gave even interwiew in with said how it will be great to play with Adriano.And then everything failed in one minute unfortunetly.

So, let's wait and see.

ILuvInter
30 Jul 05, 12:39

I just pray to good that we get figo then stop . I don't want a new loads of players that mancio don't want or that will affect our system . However i don't believe in this rumor especially the hammer . I don't want miccoli...we got martins and let's leave this 5th striker space till january and judge . Please Inter board no more players other than The wall and Figo

Mikkel
30 Jul 05, 12:43

After I saw this article, I had a change of mind. This has been a roller-coaster ride. For a very long time I believed in the signing, then I didn't then Gazzetta changed my mind, and then I didn't believe it again and now Gazzetta has changed my mind once again :rolleyes:

Khalifa
30 Jul 05, 12:53
I post this msg while listenin to AMALA coz thats what i do when we win or somethin special for inter happens. I wanna see that bull smacking into strikers, havin this get the fuck off smirk on his face when strikers get to close..haha..as u can see..im way 2 hyped up here. Walter, Welcome!

Thanks for the good news Frisko.

snake
30 Jul 05, 13:36
Well nobody believed it but its done. A defender that was a world record 25 million and Branca Lele get him for 16 million in a 3 year installment plan.

ALL of you bow down to the greatest!

intermilansg
30 Jul 05, 13:46
Well nobody believed it but its done. A defender that was a world record 25 million and Branca Lele get him for 16 million in a 3 year installment plan.

ALL of you bow down to the greatest!
Dont be so quick to sing their praises yet. He could turn out to be a dud. :dielaugh:

snake
30 Jul 05, 13:54
Since Han will eventually close the official joining topic in Transfer and Rumours, we might aswell talk about our great new player here.

Lets hope the Il Muro of Rome comes back and not the one of Madrid.

K.I.
30 Jul 05, 14:01
well tomrrow i hope to wake up and find it official at inter.it,congrats for the singning people,i think now we have a complete squad,i hope burdisso gets loaned out to boce until january then get loaned out to an italian team se he can come back next year,hew will be our 3rd defender,he can learn a great deal from samuel,for as this year,i think the transfer market should be closed,we SHOULD renew c.zanetti's contract,if he doesnt want to,then we should sell him this year,but i think he will extend his contract.

Dutch Nerazzurri
30 Jul 05, 15:08
Fan-tas-tic... Omg, I'm happy with this. I hope Mancini will build a very strong team, for the coming years, and win the Sc..................

Handoyo
30 Jul 05, 15:09
NOT official until inter.it or realmadrid.com says so. Even though I myself believe it's official, going by our previous policy, this topic is unfortunately closed. :)

Hand;)yo

Cro Nerazzurro
30 Jul 05, 15:30
lets hope samuel comes... i know its all probablly done but u never know what can happen...

Ziyad
30 Jul 05, 18:17
Everyone here and all over the media has put soo much pressure on this guy...I just hope he lives up to it.

Pani
30 Jul 05, 19:45
I am optimistic that Samuel will be great with us.

In Madrid nobody else was defending.What could have he done more?

Cro Nerazzurro
30 Jul 05, 20:02
its enough that samuel is experiance strong, and great jumpr

he cant do bad

Enricos
30 Jul 05, 20:16
Is it confirmed yet?

Cro Nerazzurro
30 Jul 05, 20:20
gazzetta said its official, that the deal will be done tomorrow with medical...

they even had a text line were samuel agent said he and samuel are happy with deal and move

Stefan
30 Jul 05, 21:38
He was palying with amateurs at defending at real. At inter he will have the likes of jz,cordoba,cambiasso and cz helping.

Hell adriano and oba do more defending than the galacticos combined do .

Cro Nerazzurro
30 Jul 05, 21:47
samuel cordoba cambiasso and veron(pizarro)

that is too good!

snake
31 Jul 05, 01:59
Just because he had bad defeners with him (which i dont agree, Gravesen, Salgado etc)

It did not mean he have to make those stupid tackles. So many reds and 15 yellow cards in the season. I hope it does change. cause all together he will cost us over 30 million dollars in the 4 seasons (including transfer price)

And this is i guess Moratti's present. I think so because nobody would of expected this transfer long ago.

catanha
31 Jul 05, 02:08
Actually it is an excuse because at Roma they defended with 5 players, whereas @ Real they only defended with two players.
Samuel can easily use that excuse and get away with it, because it's true.

Choppin Onions
31 Jul 05, 07:12
I agree with Helal. Sammy made some idiotic tackles at Real, but hopefully he cuts that shite out now that's he's partnering a world-class CD in Cordoba and some other good defensive minded players like JZ, Cambiasso, Favalli etc.

We've always seen good players that came off good seasons, come to Inter and fail (Canna comes to mind) so maybe it will be the opposite for Samuel who just came of a brutal season and have a great season(s) for us. :star: Let's hope so anyways.

primo-inter
31 Jul 05, 08:13
Does anyone know Walter Samuel's background (where his ancestors came from)?

Is he eligible for an EU passport?

Just to make one thing clear... 'Samuel' isn't an English surname is it? :scared: ;)

El Chino Recoba
31 Jul 05, 09:20
Samuel isn't his real surname, he took it from the uncle who raised him up when his father walked out on the family, he can't stand the sight of his father who only turned up when he was a star at Boca, his real surname is something like Lugo I think, some spanish surname.

I really hope Samuel returns to the machine he was at Roma.

catanha
31 Jul 05, 09:36
Yep true, he was raised by his aunty and uncle, his father abadoned him and his family because he was a drunken nobody scum. Samuel only got into futebol because of his uncle and to this day he hols them responsible for his talents.
Another reason to like him is because he was born where I was. :D

snake
31 Jul 05, 12:27
Just to make one thing clear... 'Samuel' isn't an English surname is it? :scared: ;)

its not Sam'youll'

its Sam'well'

Stefan
31 Jul 05, 17:35
Does anyone know Walter Samuel's background (where his ancestors came from)?

Is he eligible for an EU passport?

No he doesn't have an eu passport thats the main reason madrid wanted to get rid of him. :dielaugh:

Frisko
31 Jul 05, 17:46
By the way, strange how the Forza Inter mafia closed my Samuel thread in the transfers forum becasue it's not official yet, but this thread in a forum which is dedicated to INTER PLAYERS, has been left alone :D

El_Chino
31 Jul 05, 20:03
Samuel I think will do a damn site better with Cordoba partnering him, who can cope with the fastest of forwards with his pace, and Samuel will give us that huge aerial presence

I reckon he'll do very well, as him and Cordoba complement each ohter very well

Vic
31 Jul 05, 22:54
Yep true, he was raised by his aunty and uncle, his father abadoned him and his family because he was a drunken nobody scum. Samuel only got into futebol because of his uncle and to this day he hols them responsible for his talents.
Another reason to like him is because he was born where I was. :D
That would imply that the man has character. I really like argentinias, they may not be a elegant in the sense of tricks as the brazilians but they get the job done and afterall I have meet great people from there!

I think he did improved slightly towards the end of the season so I hope he makes it back here at INTER!

snake
01 Aug 05, 01:11
By the way, strange how the Forza Inter mafia closed my Samuel thread in the transfers forum becasue it's not official yet, but this thread in a forum which is dedicated to INTER PLAYERS, has been left alone :D

Just cause u got killed doesnt mean u can bring me down with you! lol

Anyway, Mancini did an interview where we said.

"This is a great transfer, im happy we got him because his one of the best defenders going around"

snake
01 Aug 05, 08:54
After arriving in Milan...
Walter Samuel has told the press that he will live near the San Siro (not the ground) So in other words he chose it over Como lol.

"Inter has spent alot on me, and these days this is not easy. I already know most of the players at Inter but I quickly want to combine with the squad"

"Figo has told me that there is a possibility that he will come to Inter, he still has much enthusiasm and I hope he does arrive. He still wants to win."

"I had gone to the Real Madrid (from Rome) in order to win however it was not successful but I do not want to make anymore controversies. Real Madrid have not believed in me and fortunately I have found Inter that it is willing betting on my future, I wont disappoint them" :proud:

amazing.

Enricos
01 Aug 05, 10:05
After arriving in Milan...
Walter Samuel has told the press that he will live near the San Siro (not the ground) So in other words he chose it over Como lol.

"Inter has spent alot on me, and these days this is not easy. I already know most of the players at Inter but I quickly want to combine with the squad"

"Figo has told me that there is a possibility that he will come to Inter, he still has much enthusiasm and I hope he does arrive. He still wants to win."

"I had gone to the Real Madrid (from Rome) in order to win however it was not successful but I do not want to make anymore controversies. Real Madrid have not believed in me and fortunately I have found Inter that it is willing betting on my future, I wont disappoint them" :proud:

amazing.

You got a source for that?

K.I.
01 Aug 05, 10:15
gazzeta

snake
01 Aug 05, 11:16
gazzeta also sports.it, it was doen by the gazzete but i dont know if its on their website yet

primo-inter
01 Aug 05, 12:29
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=295889&CPID=21&CLID=&lid=2&title=Walter's+Inter+mission&channel=football_home

Real Madrid defender Walter Samuel is on the verge of sealing a move to Italian giants Internazionale.

It had initially been suggested that Real and Inter had come to a loan arrangement for the Argentine, however the two clubs have since agreed a €16 million fee.

The rugged defender will undergo a medical on Monday before signing a four-year contract with Roberto Mancini's side.

The 27-year-old has admitted his disappointment to be leaving the Bernabeu where he feels the Spaniards rarely saw the best of him.

"It was clear that Real didn't fancy me although I am aware that I didn't have the best of seasons," he said.

Reflecting on his one season with Real, Samuel felt that the lack of continuity at the club was largely to blame for his poor form.

He lamented: "At Real we had three different coaches and the team's performances were affected by these disruptions. I went to Real to win but we were unable to do that."

Samuel is now looking to draw a line under his unhappy time in Spain and is thankful for the opportunity that Inter have given him.

"I must thank Massimo Moratti," added the former Roma man. "I am lucky to have found a really big club who have confidence in me.

"I know my team-mates in defence and they are all good experienced players."

Samuel is also looking forward to the possibility of being joined at the San Siro by fellow Madridista, Luis Figo.

"I really hope we can get him. He has told me that he is very keen to join me at Inter," he confirmed.

SB9Dragon
01 Aug 05, 15:02
Hopefully this whole thing is finally ended today. And to be honest I sorta believe that Figo might have actually said what Samuel said he said. (Wow that's a confusing line :P)

Enricos
01 Aug 05, 16:07
W00t, Im first :)

http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=19546&L=en&IDINI=19546

Its official, he's ours !!!!

Pravesh
01 Aug 05, 16:11
http://www.inter.it/aas/img/72285.jpg

SAMUEL COMPLETES INTER MOVE

Monday, 01 August 2005 18:03:35
MILAN - FC Internazionale have signed Walter Adriano Samuel from Real Madrid. The Argentine defender put pen to paper on a four-year deal today after completing a medical. The contract expires on 30 June 2009.

Frisko
01 Aug 05, 16:12
Han open my thread in the Transfers forum NOWWW!!!! Mwahahaha!!

Frisko
01 Aug 05, 16:13
Told you guys, Gazzetta is just as reliable as the official sites.

Grazie Branca, Oriali and Moratti :proud:

DISCO ZZANG
01 Aug 05, 16:17
GRANDE MORATTI e BRANCA!!!!!!!!! especially Branca!!!!!!!!!

alvaro
01 Aug 05, 16:23
PHUCKING YEAH! FINALLY!

gspath
01 Aug 05, 16:32
Well done....
At last after many years, this team finally gets what it needed most..
A world-class defender...

Welcome Walter

Ziyad
01 Aug 05, 16:36
I wanna see what Costacurta will say now...

Anyways great job Inter management,we got the best man for the most needed position...

Miki
01 Aug 05, 16:37
Finalmente! Finally! I can't believe we have waited for so long for Samuel. It seemed like ages! Grazie Inter! :star:

I imagine this is *the* definite Samuel smiley:

http://www.romanticukaremode.com/images/wallbang-big.gif
Shevchenko VS Samuel :D

Ciao,
Tim

Sisenando
01 Aug 05, 16:56
Ooooh, i can't wait for our derby!! YEah Samuel!! WE really are Inter Buenos....
Next up, Tevez :D

Samuel, you mark that gayka, matrix, you mark gaychenko, pizarro, destroy gatusso, the rest, well, just play well... :)

01 Aug 05, 16:58
Thank God for Samuel ... i have been praying and fidgeting for this moment for over a month now

This is gr8 ... this is amazing ... WELCOME WALTER ... da nerazzuri march to d scudetto starts NOW :star:

01 Aug 05, 16:59
Ooooh, i can't wait for our derby!! YEah Samuel!! WE really are Inter Buenos....
Next up, Tevez :D

Samuel, you mark that gayka, matrix, you mark gaychenko, pizarro, destroy gatusso, the rest, well, just play well... :)

u mean Cordoba ... we all r pretty ecstatic i guess ! :D

David Suazo
01 Aug 05, 17:01
so nice :D

Adriano@10
01 Aug 05, 17:03
so finaly we should party

Jesse
01 Aug 05, 17:10
It certainly is about damn time for this to happen! I was sweating my ass off filing papers in a VERY hot storage unit, when I came home to hear the great news on my lunchbreak.

-MCN

MoH
01 Aug 05, 17:11
Congratulation boys, now lets hope he’s match fit for the Shakhtar encounter :star:

Stefan
01 Aug 05, 17:12
Welcome Walter. :)

Sisenando
01 Aug 05, 17:20
Obviously, there has been some good transfers this season, namely Robinho, Baptista, SWP, Del Horny, Vieira, Van Bommel, etc. However, arguably the best deal is Samuel! He still has so much to offer with world class talents!

Walter Samuel - A few million dollars

Inter Jersey with Samuel on the back - $79.90

The look of Roma fans with Roma Jersey with Samuel on the back - priceless, and damn, i mean PRICELESS

:D

Pravesh
01 Aug 05, 17:23
http://www.inter.it/aas/img/72294.jpg

http://www.inter.it/aas/img/72296.jpg

btw .. Zaidriano, it's Del Horno instead of Del Horny. Remember !! one thing leads to another and ... :D :P

And it also seems that we have spent quite alot of $$, as it's been reported that it's not a loan deal. Even Samuel said that Inter has spent a lot of money to get him .. :)

:confused:

plutus
01 Aug 05, 17:23
Oh yeah, FINALLY, this saga ends.

Should we close that 97-page defender rumor thread to celebrate? :D

AdriOba
01 Aug 05, 17:32
Samuel cost us 51mil$ ... 16 milion to Real Madrid ... and 35 for Samuel for 4 years ...

BlueBacchus
01 Aug 05, 17:34
Ok now seriously last post.
I am still packing.
But I can now fly with a rest of mind to Europe.
Damn staright, f-ing Bbilan and Gobbi, YOUR TIME IS DONE FOR.
This year is Inter's year.
05/06 Scudetto is ours!!!
:intersca: :intersca: :intersca:

SB9Dragon
01 Aug 05, 17:36
Well it's finally over. Welcome, welcome, welcome Walter Samuel. :star:

intermilansg
01 Aug 05, 17:49
Considering he is 26, he still has a lot of football left in him. Now all is needed is for him to regain his Roma form. A great coup by the management.

plutus
01 Aug 05, 17:54
"I'm not the so-called super star, my job on pitch is destruction."

Said by EL Muro when he joined Real last summer. :D

Choppin Onions
01 Aug 05, 17:54
Finally the rollercoaster ride ends! At times I thought we were gonna lose out on Samuel but now that the deal in completed I can't help but smile and look forward to Cordoba-Samuel. :D

Grazie Moratti, Branca and Oriali! :star:

Frisko
01 Aug 05, 17:58
You're right, take that you old bag Costacurta, shut that sewer now :finger:

El_Chino
01 Aug 05, 18:01
What did Costacurta say?

sharcles
01 Aug 05, 18:07
Wow - fantastic news. Been waiting for this for a long time, and now it's done. Can't wait for the season to start!!!

My productivity at work is going way up now that I don't have to check all the sports sites every 15 minutes. :P

Welcome to The Wall!!

Jimmy
01 Aug 05, 18:27
After a terrible round of golf, this news when arriving home, was surely the best thing that could make me forget that round. :D

Fabolous news. I dear to say that from a sporting perspective, this is one of the best signings we have ever made. We fixed a problem by adding one of the best possible on that position.

Frisko
01 Aug 05, 18:32
What did Costacurta say?
He said that Inter couldn't compete with Milan and Juve because we needed a central defender.

zzang and cro_nerazzurri must be jumping up and down, I'm so happy for you guys!

If Burdisso goes, you think Samuel will take number 3? Or will he take 19 and Cambiasso change?

plutus
01 Aug 05, 18:36
Maybe this photo indicates something about their future in inter...:D
http://inter.it/aas/img/27665.jpg

El_Chino
01 Aug 05, 18:57
I reckon Burdisso should be loaned out back to Argentina until he sorts his personal problems, he is a classy, classy player and I wouldn't like him to leave us without giving his full potential. He is an Argentine national team player after all, and unlike most of our defenders he has great composure on the ball

Jimmy
01 Aug 05, 19:02
Will be interesting to see what number Samuel will receive. His number 19 is already occupied by Cambiasso.

ILuvInter
01 Aug 05, 19:03
YES , YES , YES ....Can't believe this ...Thanx Oriali , Branca and Dr. Moratti . Now we are so , very too much complete .....im in ecstacy ....Can't wait for the season to begin

Coroba - Samuel in defense will beat all the other defenses from thuram - Canna to Nesta - Stam ...We are da Best

Veron - Deki - Cambiasso and also pizzaro

Adriano - martins ooooowwwww can't forget capitano also ...

plutus
01 Aug 05, 19:08
Will be interesting to see what number Samuel will receive. His number 19 is already occupied by Cambiasso.

guess he will get either Burdisso's #3 or #5 (If Deki doesn't insist on that one).

Viper66
01 Aug 05, 19:11
This time it was a really great job by our management :star:

Welcome Samuel, finally...

nugran78
01 Aug 05, 19:21
I can't believe that someone starts bitching about the cost of making a defence potentially good enough for us to start really doing concistently well. Think of the revenue generated by winning the Champions League in a few years, the league asap and all merchandice sold due to us being a genuine top team! Welcome Walter!!!

Khalifa
01 Aug 05, 19:26
U must be shitting me? we actually got a world class defender? we actually got Samuel? We actually got a 26yr old defender? For 12mill?With Branca not fucking it up? Dude..!!

CHUN
01 Aug 05, 19:37
samuel samuel samuel yea! and who was those jerks talk down our managerment couple months ago? huh?

Frisko
01 Aug 05, 19:47
I think Samuel might get number 3 Jimmy, unless Cuchu wants to change number.

CHUN
01 Aug 05, 19:52
hey frisko, can u make me a Deki only avatar plz?

Pod
01 Aug 05, 19:53
Finalmente !!!http://www.interfans.org/forum/images/smilies/band1.gif

Cro Nerazzurro
01 Aug 05, 20:10
finally!

Roberto
01 Aug 05, 20:20
Fantastic news although it was in my mind he was already ours after all the reports early last week. We now have 3 world class defenders and we might finally be able to keep leads this year. Hamed can finally sleep at night.

Frisko
01 Aug 05, 20:23
hey frisko, can u make me a Deki only avatar plz?

Yep, go here:

http://forza-inter.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=904&start=475

tony
01 Aug 05, 20:55
WHAT AN ADDITION !!!!
Finally we have a world class decent CB in our team, with Cordoba and Matrix it will be a hell of a defence line.
To hell CANNAVARO!!!!

Mikkel
01 Aug 05, 20:59
YEEEEEEEEEEEEHA :) :proud: that was about bloody time that he signed under.

I cant wait for the derbies. And then Kaka can eat his shit, cause he would have a hard time getting through our defence.

Cro Nerazzurro
01 Aug 05, 21:23
yeah frisko...i am jmping up and down!!!!

and i will continue doing that as iam going to play basketball!

scutzon
01 Aug 05, 22:54
Finally, Samuel is finally ours!! :fero:

I wonder what his jersey number will be...

shahz_nerazzurri
01 Aug 05, 23:16
ATLAST!!!!!!, the most frustating summer transer is over. WEEE. Welcome samuel, hope u have a great ride with here :)

snake
01 Aug 05, 23:17
What did Costacurta say?
He said that Inter couldn't compete with Milan and Juve because we needed a central defender.

zzang and cro_nerazzurri must be jumping up and down, I'm so happy for you guys!

If Burdisso goes, you think Samuel will take number 3? Or will he take 19 and Cambiasso change?

Burdisso should go on loan, until next year cause Miha will be retired. Until then he should be starting somewhere.

But now we have Samuel and Cordoba both young. Those milan grandfathers are finished.

Hammoudi
01 Aug 05, 23:50
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :D :D :D :D :D :D :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :P :P :P :P :confused:

He is finally here, thanks to eveyone that made it happen, and mostly Moratti.

Someone is going to die :fero: :fero: :fero:

Gaetan
02 Aug 05, 00:44
Wooohooo! The best news that I could get coming back from my vacation. We arguably have just got ourselves the best defender in the world when on top form, as we all saw in 2003-2004 he could challenge any at his position such as Allesandro Nesta.

Our defense with a duo of Cordoba and Samuel looks fabolous on paper. I'm very excited at their potential, I feel that they'll be able to compliment each other well as Cafe Cordoba is very speedy and has great recovery skills while Samuel is tough, no non-sense and very tough to beat in the air.

Grazie Moratti! kudos to those who never gave up on the Samuel deal such as myself. ;)

INTER_FAN
02 Aug 05, 05:08
Samuel Finally Signs For Inter
8/2/2005 3:31:00 AM
After many weeks of speculation Inter Milan has finally signed Argentine defender Walter Samuel from Real Madrid.
Inter reportedly signed the Argentine for 16 million euros and will be hoping that he will be able to bring some stability to their defence.

The 27 year old former Real Madrid player who also played for AS Roma and Boca Juniors was delighted to sign for Inter and commented on the reason why he did not have a great season at Madrid:

“I went to Madrid with the intention to win titles, but we did not have any success, but I prefer not to get into that as I don’t want to start any problems with the club.

“In Madrid they did not believe in me, but fortunately I was able to move to Inter, a club that is happy to look to my future”.

Samuel also comments on his high profile move to the Italian club:

“Inter has spent a lot of money on me and now days teams don’t have that money to waste. In saying so I feel that I have a huge responsibility at Inter and promise to give everything for the club”.

Samuel is likely to play his first match wearing the Inter shirt next week during the Champions League third qualifying round match versus FC Shakhtar Donetsk.

Gregory Sica - goal.com

----------
impressive

Ari
02 Aug 05, 06:02

:eek: :dielaugh:

brehme1989
02 Aug 05, 06:16
Finally Samuel is here! Cordoba-Samuel is the best defensive duo in the world . :D The other defences are shit in front of them. Nesta-Stam is no match for them :P

David Suazo
02 Aug 05, 07:11
Hey Frisko, can you make a David Pizarro & Javier Zanetti avatar for me, please?

snake
02 Aug 05, 07:50

:eek: :dielaugh:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Finally. now we need more fans to follow you.

Marco The Butcher
02 Aug 05, 08:41
Great news. Already excited about the new season.

But I still think Branca is a clown. I am positive it is not him who was operatiing this summer.

The Count of Anti-Milan
02 Aug 05, 08:56

ZZANG, is that really you? :D :P

fc_internazionale
02 Aug 05, 09:33
Welcome Samuel!

CL qualifier is in 9-10 days from now...
hope he could make himself useful against the Ukrainians.

Tommi
02 Aug 05, 10:16
Some of you are so quick to label players, but none has mentioned him being a traitor yet, i´m surprised. :P

Anywayz, welcome Samuel. :star: :star:

Frisko
02 Aug 05, 10:30
Hey Frisko, can you make a David Pizarro & Javier Zanetti avatar for me, please?

Yeah but behave guys and post this kind of request in the avatar thread please ;)

Just go there, I've done it:

http://forza-inter.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=904&start=475

Handoyo
02 Aug 05, 10:45
If you wanna know how happy I am, this is what I posted almost a year ago in a topic called Dream Player topic at mid-September 2004.Every transfer forum deserves a topic like this! :D Simple question really, if you can play God and choose any current player to play for Inter, who would it be and why? I have 2 at the moment.

Walter Samuel
With all due respect to Marco Materazzi, there is a lot better player out there that is playing in the same position as him. I regard Samuel is one of the best defender in the world. He reads the game as if he was reading a primary school textbook. He is strong in the air and he will complement Cordoba well. Furthermore, he plays as a stopper with the Argentinian NT and will be able to complement Materazzi should Cafè is injured. He may not start his Real Madrid career well but there is no doubt that he is up there with the Nestas.

Steven Gerrard
He is one of the most improved player over the last 2-3 seasons. Simply indispensible for Liverpool, he is perhaps the most complete midfielder in the world at the moment. Playmaking, ball-winning, goal-scoring, you name it, he has it. With him, this will be my dream midfield:

Stankovic

Emre Gerrard

Davids
Mamamia bellissimo grandissimo fantastico gangbang we'll rule the whole damn world! :lick::horny:Truly a dream come true. :star::proud:

By the way, I'll close this topic tomorrow, seeing that we already have a Samuel topic in the Players & Coaches forum. ;)

Hand;)yo

Wallace
02 Aug 05, 11:24
well..there goes our 16 million..but its worth it.. :D :D :D

Miki
02 Aug 05, 11:26
We shouldn't close this topic but merge it instead. After all, this is the livelier of the 2.

Ciao,
Tim

Tommi
02 Aug 05, 11:39
Exactly like Tim said.

Merge, not close. :thumbsup: Many good discussions die because they´re closed down.

Davor Mirkovic
02 Aug 05, 12:20
I always liked this man sssssooooooo much. He is THE BEST!!!

I just hope that we won't see Cordoba-Abbiati switch on August 31st. :rolleyes:

Mikkel
02 Aug 05, 12:25
Don't jinx it, besides Cordoba loves our club and would never do such thing.

Davor Mirkovic
02 Aug 05, 12:47
Just joking.

Handoyo
02 Aug 05, 13:25
We shouldn't close this topic but merge it instead. After all, this is the livelier of the 2.
The idea crossed my mind too. And yes Tommi, I feel guilty of closing the topic because the posts written here would be sorta deleted, since one has to go through to the Closed Topics forum to read it again.

But the thing is the post may get messy and out of order. For example,

[Posts from Walter Samuel topic]
[Posts from Official: Walter Samuel signs for Inter topic]

Get what I'm saying? ;) But I don't see a big problem with it of course. :) We can try the first merge of transfers & players topic with Samuel's case. ;) If you guys agree, I'll merge them tomorrow. :)

Hand;)yo

Pod
02 Aug 05, 14:09
http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=28630&L=it

Songly
02 Aug 05, 14:19
Perfect!Now we have Samuel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:):):)

Jimmy
02 Aug 05, 14:38
Samuel will receive number 25. That is official now. So yet again a new number for Stankovic (most likely 5).

Yeah, it's confirmed that Stankovic will wear number 5.

Pravesh
02 Aug 05, 14:41
Handoyo, don't close this thread. It would be a huge mistake !! ;)
Instead, merge it like Tim said. Or if needed, just lock the Samuel thread in the Players' section for the time being.

:P

25 for SAMUEL !! Yeah, new number for Stankovic then and it's better this way. :)

interista
02 Aug 05, 14:44
we have to make new song for samuel in curva :confused:

primo-inter
02 Aug 05, 15:05
number 25...

that number sucks. :(

I wanted him to have a sub-20 number, or in fact - sub 10. But 25? no this number is not good damn it..

I guess it's the player that counts. :)

Gaetan
02 Aug 05, 15:25
I would have liked it better if Samuel got a number less then ten, in fact, I'd rather he take number five instead of twenty five from Stankovic.

Regardless, who cares. ;)

Tommi
02 Aug 05, 15:37
Frisko must be happy now.

Didn´t he just got jersey #25 with Stankovic on it? :)

Mikkel
02 Aug 05, 15:42
yes he did..

that is why I'm waiting to get mine.

Mikkel
02 Aug 05, 15:46
SAMUEL: "I'M HERE TO WIN"
Tuesday, 02 August 2005 17:33:49
APPIANO GENTILE - New signing Walter Samuel was presented to the media by Inter president Giacinto Facchetti this afternoon at Angelo Moratti Sports Centre. "I chose Inter because they showed great interest in me right from the start," the Argentine defender said. "I'm here to win with a team that has an excellent basis and which has become remarkably stronger through the transfer market. I want to make my contribution as soon as possible."

Cro Nerazzurro
02 Aug 05, 16:04
were are official squad numbers to check?

Pravesh
02 Aug 05, 17:21
http://www.inter.it/aas/img/72312.jpg

http://www.inter.it/aas/img/72314.jpg

:proud: :star:

Dutch Nerazzurri
02 Aug 05, 20:02
Damn, I'm so happy now, unbelievable :)

Gaetan
03 Aug 05, 01:25
I still slap myself to make sure that this isn't a dream. The Wall in an Inter jersey, who would think that this would be possible a year ago when he signed with Madrid?

Cro Nerazzurro
03 Aug 05, 02:59
i have the same hair style as samuel, o=my hair only a bit longer but same style!

WALL !

SB9Dragon
03 Aug 05, 03:48
I'm sorta dazed too. It hasn't totally set in. We've gotten the best 2 signings of the whole transfer market, Pizarro and Samuel. I'm freakin amazed. The club would have to make a totally disgusting mistake for me to doubt them anymore. :P Facchetti and his boys are leading this club to a new age. :star:

Hammoudi
03 Aug 05, 04:08
Man, I really thank God for this moment. I was dreaming before the transfer market starts of getting Samuel and Pizarro. And all thanks and gratitude served to the management team, they did a super job this year so far.

I knew we had a shot at Pizarro, but Samuel! It's really kind of surreal, and it truly hasn't sunk in yet. I was almost in tears seeing Samuel in our shirt, and refer to Inter as' my team' :proud:

Vic
03 Aug 05, 05:20
Well I guess we are all happy with Dr. Moratti's surprise. I have to say this, hats off to our management for the time being in the transfer market. I think this should be our last signing this summer if we are gona need anything lets just get it on Winter!

GRAZIE!!!! :star:

Davor Mirkovic
03 Aug 05, 09:59
Truly remarkable transfer window so far.
BTW,cool hair cut.

CafeCordoba
03 Aug 05, 10:21
Truly remarkable transfer window so far.
BTW,cool hair cut.

Well, how about the Vieri case and possible arrival of Figo? They are totally opposite of these mentioned Samuel & Pizarro signings. Which of course have been so far one of the best moves in the transfer market in this summer.

Frisko
03 Aug 05, 10:53
The Vieri case is a good deal for us.

MasterZen
03 Aug 05, 15:23
yea supeb signings by inter

just like i ever wanted off-load davids, vieri, gamra, maybe someone else but getting samuel and david thats the bigest thing could happen to us!!

only 2 teams left to fight for scudetto inter and juve, milan they got leathel combination of losers in vieri and anchelotti one is over his time one is 2 stupid to have such group of grat players. :D

We are balancing the team which is good ;)

only veron is to much but ok;)

again superb move by inter managment this year.

Cro Nerazzurro
03 Aug 05, 15:50
veron isnt to much! coco and meyde are

03 Aug 05, 16:58
SAMUEL: "A CONFIDENT ENVIRONMENT"
Wednesday, 03 August 2005 18:34:05

Walter Samuel was the subject of an Inter Channel special before his second Nerazzurri training session on Wednesday. Loads of Inter fans called, faxed and emailed the club's official TV to thank 'The Wall' for choosing Inter. "I'm happy and I hope I can contribute to writing an important part of this club's history," the Argentine defender declared.

"When you join a club with a long-term project and a strong group, you hope to come and do well. I want to win with the Inter shirt and assimilate myself with my teammates as soon as possible.

"I know the Argentines well, I have played with all of them in the national team, but I hope to get to know everyone as soon as possible. And, most of all, I want to be at the service of the coach as quickly as I can. I trained yesterday and I will do so again today because I don't want to miss even a minute so I can satisfy the fans' expectations. I have only been here two days and I already feel the confidence of the fans."

In their messages many fans thanked Massimo Moratti for bringing Samuel to Inter. "I still haven't met him, we have only spoken on the telephone, but I can't wait to meet him in person," said Samuel of the Inter patron.

Looks like he is warming up for da ride ahead !
;)

DISCO ZZANG
03 Aug 05, 17:28
CORDOBA AT WORK WITH SAMUEL

APPIANO GENTILE - In his second Nerazzurri training session on Wednesday afternoon new signing Walter Adrian Samuel worked with Ivan Ramiro Cordoba, who returned to Appiano a day ahead of schedule to test his fitness after spraining his ankle in last Friday's match against Treviso. Both South American defenders did aerobic exercises with fitness trainer Giannicola Bisciotti.

Begin Samuel-Cordoba "the wall" :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :intersca:

El_Chino
03 Aug 05, 17:35
Man this season is going to be awesome!

Handoyo
04 Aug 05, 13:26
The Samuel topic from the Transfers & Rumours forum has been merged with the Samuel topic from the Players & Coaches forum. :)

Hand;)yo

Frisko
04 Aug 05, 16:42
The Samuel topic from the Transfers & Rumours forum has been merged with the Samuel topic from the Players & Coaches forum. :)

Hand;)yo

And the author is helal, when it should be meeeee :mad: :P

Vic
06 Aug 05, 05:28
Well I can't wait for his debut! I hope he does well and luckily him and Cordoba speak Spanish if they feel like it aswell!

Pravesh
07 Aug 05, 02:52
Samuel in Inter colours:

http://www.inter.it/aas/img/72558.jpg

http://www.inter.it/aas/img/72567.jpg

Hammoudi
07 Aug 05, 02:55
You get'em boy :fero: :proud:

Giorgio
07 Aug 05, 07:41
The third picture makes me laugh. Those two attackers that he is crushing look awfully scared :D .

Do you think we are still going to see a surprise or do you think that is it for now?

KaiokenFlash
07 Aug 05, 09:52
Samual looks amazing in those photo's. Taking on 2 players in an Aerial duel!

I think Figo was the suprise, was he not?

Choppin Onions
07 Aug 05, 22:22
I'd be scared if I had to go mano-a-mano with Samuel in an aerial duel too. ;)

Vic
07 Aug 05, 23:57
Samual looks amazing in those photo's. Taking on 2 players in an Aerial duel!

I think Figo was the suprise, was he not?

Looking at the end of the transfer campaing I would say so.

cool_cuchu
08 Aug 05, 07:42
man, he looks like flying there...... !!!

K.I.
08 Aug 05, 07:50
its Samuel cuchu,damn we have a great defense line man,damn i am so hyped up for the new season.

F U C K MILAN
09 Aug 05, 14:52
ABOUT THE SUPRISE I THINK IT IS MOST OF THE SIGNINGS,STARTING WITH PIZZARO AND THEN SAMUEL!! AND CLOSING IT WITH FIGO .

KaiokenFlash
09 Aug 05, 15:38
Must be. As they were very very good signings.

NeRanZurri
09 Aug 05, 15:56
Im really appreciate what Moratti has done ! Great signings !
Exactly the players we needed, maybe beside LB but maybe he thinks that Wome and espcially Favalli its enough, actually, i think so to.
Im real happy and optimistic by those signings.

Ziyad
09 Aug 05, 17:26
I think this has been one of the best seasons in the transfer market...We bought reinforcements we need for this year (Samuel) and thought about the future as well(Pizzaro replacing Veron)

Adriano@10
09 Aug 05, 17:55
yeah till now management did great job but if they give away hammer fore tudore theyl destroy everything again

Choppin Onions
09 Aug 05, 20:34
Samuel and Pizarro were superb moves, both for now and the future. The jury is still out on Solari, Figo, Cesar and Wome but I think they'll do well.

I honestly think Samuel will return to his best with us. There was too pressure in Madrid (not that there isn't in Milano with us) where they expect a trophy every season. He also had to deal with a crappy partner and a shoddy DM before Gravesen arrived. At Inter he has Cordoba and Cambiasso, not to mention very solid defenders in JZ and Favalli. I'm definitely excited to see Il Muro in action!

snake
20 Aug 05, 21:49
Any1 forsee Samuel getting a 3 match ban for spitting at nedved?

Hammoudi
20 Aug 05, 23:40
Depends if the ref has it in his match report. If he does, then it's a 3 game ban.

However, I already have an excuse for him in the hearing: "Judge, Nedved sweat flew to my mouth, and I thought I tasted some drugs. I had to spit it out before it gets to my system and I fail a drug test!" Voila

Frisko
21 Aug 05, 00:20
Depends if the ref has it in his match report. If he does, then it's a 3 game ban.

However, I already have an excuse for him in the hearing: "Judge, Nedved sweat flew to my mouth, and I thought I tasted some drugs. I had to spit it out before it gets to my system and I fail a drug test!" Voila
Oh my gosh Hamed they should give you a medal for that! :dielaugh:

snake
21 Aug 05, 03:49
it doesnt have to be in a match report. Obviously refs dont have eyes everywhere, and that why theres video replays.

Pravesh
21 Aug 05, 04:11
it doesnt have to be in a match report. Obviously refs dont have eyes everywhere, and that why theres video replays.

Yeah, that's what video replays are for. If the referee did see the incident and it doesn't matter, then it would be great.

Or lets hope that the referee would say that he discussed with the other referees and there's no need to take any actions. It happens alot of time, even when players should be punished - Shevchenko, Zlatan, ....

{I have yet to see the game though, just putting down my views from what I read ... just 10% left}

Hammoudi
21 Aug 05, 04:38
In UEFA it has to be reported by the ref, that's why Sheva wasn't punished for the headbutt on Materazzi.

But FIGC use video replays regardless I guess.

F U C K MILAN
21 Aug 05, 05:09

dude whats ovious is that last nights ref does not have his eyes anywhere, last night he stunk what a basterd :mad:

anyway i thought samuel started being more fit and starting to be on form(still not in form but he is close to) :)

forza inter 4 ever

snake
21 Aug 05, 06:13

Yeah, that's what video replays are for. If the referee did see the incident and it doesn't matter, then it would be great.

Or lets hope that the referee would say that he discussed with the other referees and there's no need to take any actions. It happens alot of time, even when players should be punished - Shevchenko, Zlatan, ....

{I have yet to see the game though, just putting down my views from what I read ... just 10% left}

yeh, well this one wasnt very nice. It was a clear spit at Nedved, might of missed him lol but i still found it amusing.

Ziyad
21 Aug 05, 13:50
I think the spit missed him by far its just the camera angle that made it look much closer than it is really...

Anyways the refs in Italy can go both ways.You remmeber that girly punch by Inzaghi to THurams backhead last year...Nothing happened even though it was caught by the camera...

Frisko
21 Aug 05, 16:40
I wanna see it, everyone who spits at Nedved is a hero to me :D

Also loved when Veron told Vieira to get the phuck up :dielaugh:

Hammoudi
21 Aug 05, 19:48
You remmeber that girly punch by Inzaghi to THurams backhead last year...Nothing happened even though it was caught by the camera...

LOL, you still remember that? That was one of the funniest things I've seen.

You know, yesterday I thought I remembered an incident where the ref didn't report anything in Serie A, yet no video camera was used.

And since I don't count on my memory or I will be called a liar :D I didn't want to mention it. Now I remember it was that incident, and nothing happened to Inzaghi after it.

AdriOba
22 Aug 05, 02:10
i dont think we will se Roma's Samuel anymore :S ...

Pravesh
22 Aug 05, 02:44

After having watched the match, I don't think that the spitting was that serious matter. He didn't spit when Nedved was facing him but when Nedved had already turned back. Samuel could even say that he didn't spit at him. :D

Yeah Frisko, I loved when Veron yelled at Vieira, and all Vieira could do was - shut his mouth. God, I am already starting to hate another Juventus player - Vieira. :proud:

As for Samuel's performance, it will take sometime for him. And lets just not blame Samuel's Supercoppa performance. It's not easy for a newly signed defender to come on as a sub and right away play damn well; that also when he's facing Juventus (away game) & Zlatan ! :D

cool_cuchu
22 Aug 05, 04:05
YEah, it's just great....
Samuel is creating hate against juve in instant.. :) if he's punished for spitting, we should give him a medal for it...

I saw Cuchu talked to Viera, Cuchu talked with smile but Viera just kept his mouth shut... he probably doesnt understand the words cuchu said :D Probably Cuchu said 'give it up arsenal dude, you lost already..., I am better than you.. you 're just a big name and an old has been'.... Viera was silent and in his heart he said ' damned, this guy is right... I am never good at serie A, I should have stayed in EPL.. Hipefully the refs here will help me out'/

Pravesh
22 Aug 05, 04:23
In UEFA it has to be reported by the ref, that's why Sheva wasn't punished for the headbutt on Materazzi.

But FIGC use video replays regardless I guess.

Really Hamed ?
If I am not wrong, the video replay wasn't used in Shevchenko's case coz the referee (main referee or the linesman) saw the incident and said that the video replays weren't neccessary.

;)

F U C K MILAN
22 Aug 05, 05:46
shemo gave one headbut to mterazzi but materazzi did a hole lot to shemo(including a knee to the balls :D ) so it really does not matter,but samuel should of spate right in nedveds face :boxing: which will probably make nedved fall on the pitch and get injured just like he was foueld but if he get banned for that weak spit its not worth it!

primo-inter
22 Aug 05, 07:32

After having watched the match, I don't think that the spitting was that serious matter. He didn't spit when Nedved was facing him but when Nedved had already turned back. Samuel could even say that he didn't spit at him. :D

Yeah Frisko, I loved when Veron yelled at Vieira, and all Vieira could do was - shut his mouth. God, I am already starting to hate another Juventus player - Vieira. :proud:

me too, I can't stand Vieira. I already see him as pure scum. As for Veron, well he's becoming a legend at inter!

kova9
22 Aug 05, 09:42
Yeah,Seba really showed himself as our leader...And when he scored a goal and kissed shirt...I almost cried..

And Samuel is that kind of player..He doesn't tolarate any shit against his team..

snake
22 Aug 05, 11:18
YEh well even if your happy with his spitting. Samuel has gone under review for the incident, expect a hefty ban, say 3 games.

Frisko
22 Aug 05, 14:53
The rule with TV evidence in Italy is: if the ref saw the incident and includes it in his match report, TV images CANNOT be used to punish the player.

If the ref missed it, then TV images can be used.

sharcles
22 Aug 05, 15:55
3 match ban for Samuel - official on gazetta and channel4 and sports.it

Jimmy
22 Aug 05, 16:01
It will probably be lowered after the appeal. Still, IF he did it on purpose, then he owes the entire organization an apology.

Handoyo
22 Aug 05, 16:04
‘Spitting’ Samuel handed ban
Monday 22 August, 2005
Inter’s Walter Samuel has been suspended for three matches after spitting at Pavel Nedved of Juventus.

The Italian football authorities have handed Samuel the ban, after TV evidence from Saturday’s Italian Super Cup match was evaluated.

Footage shows the Argentine, who only arrived from Real Madrid in the summer, spit at the Czech ace in Inter’s 1-0 win.

The former Roma central defender is now set to miss the Serie A matches against Treviso, Palermo and Lecce.

Inter are likely to appeal against the punishment, especially as the player himself has pleaded his innocence.

"I may have spat but it wasn’t targeted at Nedved, it was aimed at the ground," stated the South American.

Nedved himself said: "I’ve been told of what happened but I didn’t realise anything at the time."

(channel4)First of all, the most important issue is that whether the spit was really directed to Nedved. From the image that I found here (http://www.gazzetta.it/Hermes%20Foto/2005/08/22/0ILJJ7GH--280x190.jpg), it looks like it is but you gotta take a look at it from different angles as well. I would be p!ssed if they based their judgment basing on video footage or pictures from just an angle.

Secondly, I don't want to be a biased hypocrit. I believed that Zlatan got what he deserved last season for headbutting Cordoba and was thus banned 3-match using the video footage system and thus I still thing the video system is good. Another thing, whether or not Samuel's spit hit Nedved is of little importance. The most important thing is the existence of the malice.

Let's hope that Samuel's start to the season won't be delayed because the last thing we need is a delay in Samuel's adaptation to the team, defence & Cordoba.

Hand:stress:yo

Handoyo
22 Aug 05, 16:26
We will appeal. Good luck!INTER TO APPEAL OVER SAMUEL BAN
Monday, 22 August 2005 18:01:24
MILAN - FC Internazionale will appeal against the Lega Calcio Disciplinary Commission's decision to ban Walter Samuel for three matches on examination of videotape evidence related to an episode which occurred in the 7th minute of the first period of extra time in Saturday's Super Cup match between Inter and Juventus.

(channel4)
Hand;)yo

Pravesh
22 Aug 05, 16:52
I just read Samuel's interview on this incident in inter's site and does in a way try to convince me that his spit wasn't directed at Nedved. It could just had been a normal spit in anger, but not at Nedved. Well, it's possible. But if Samuel intentionally tried to spit at Samuel, then we have to accept it. :rolleyes:

:stress:

EDIT:

Is it just me who's kinda supporting Samuel in this spitting incident ?? Not that I am saying it was good that he spat, but I am saying that he might not had spit at Nedved. Just now as well, I kept on watching the replays on and on. It's damn unclear with the replays as well. Just like Samuel said (for me as well), it did seem that he didn't spit at Nedved.

----------------

MILAN - After learning of the three-match ban imposed on him by the Lega Calcio Disciplinary Commission on examination of videotape evidence related to the episode that occurred in the seventh minute of the first period of extra time in Saturday's Super Cup match between Inter and Juventus just before a Bianconeri free kick, Nerazzurri Walter Samuel gave a brief interview to Inter Channel and Sky.

Samuel, you have been banned for three matches after the episode that occurred in Juventus-Inter. Can you tell us what happened?
"I think this thing has been made up because I spat on the ground. Spitting at an opponent is something I have never done in my life. In that moment we were talking amongst ourselves and I certainly didn't spit towards Nedved. I think you can also see this from the replay and they told me that even Nedved said nothing had happened. I have never behaved like this since I have been playing football and I certainly do not have any intention of starting now."

Were you expecting to be involved in a controversy so soon after returning to Italy?
"No, because I think that we did well what we did on the pitch. Now they're looking for an issue. It's something that, to tell the truth, has really surprised me. My teammates told me about it in the dressing room and I couldn't believe it {what did his teammates tell him in the dressing roome ?? :confused: }. I'm very surprised because I think this is a non-existent issue. From the replay you can see that I spat on the ground, I never did anything like this towards Nedved or any other opponent."

Inter have said they will appeal. The club is by your side...
"Let's hope the result of the appeal is favourable. It's incredible to look at that reply and get a three-match suspension. An issue has been created, I don't know by who. Maybe because we won."

I am not being biased but I have been saying it since I watched the game that the spitting incident is damn unclear. {from the angle which I got to watch}.

:stress:

22 Aug 05, 17:43
it was a "misdirected" scud missile ? Got Nedved instead of d deadly grass of Delle Alpi :D

Cro Nerazzurro
22 Aug 05, 18:20
i saw spit clear, but i didnt see were spit ended...

hope appeal will work, i dont want us to start without starting 11 players

Stefan
22 Aug 05, 20:18
I believe the Wall in this . I am convinced its another eveil method from gobbi and bilan to derail us. :irritate: :boxing:

Frisko
22 Aug 05, 22:07
I don't care about the ban, thank you El Muro for spitting on that diver bastard!

cool_cuchu
22 Aug 05, 23:19
Call me unfair, but I hope Muro won't be banned.. :) even if he did spit on nedved

Pod
22 Aug 05, 23:42
if Matrix isn't fit until Sunday we are in truble.

snake
23 Aug 05, 00:08
Any1 forsee Samuel getting a 3 match ban for spitting at nedved?

hate to gloat, but i said this straight after the match. and it happened. take that hamed :finger:

Cro Nerazzurro
23 Aug 05, 00:19
Matrix and Miha are injured, and Samuel ban would get us in problems.
It's good that we played with Favalli as central defender in preseason, so he can cover that position if he needs to. But I am sure they will cancel the ban.

catanha
23 Aug 05, 05:14
What a clown. He used to be a good thug, one that took down players and gave them a hard time, but ever since he left Roma he has become a complete ruthless thug. He better change.
If aimed @ Nedved, what a pig. I'm embarassed to have Samuel and Mihajlovic representing Inter, hopefully the ban is cut and he doesn't have the spitting tag on him and Inter's heads.

darsez
23 Aug 05, 06:56
So the ban will be on Seria A matches but not Coppa Italia? Am I right? If they are on Coppa Italia then I don't care. We probably will field the bench players anyway.

kova9
23 Aug 05, 10:16
I don't care about the ban, thank you El Muro for spitting on that diver bastard!

lol Frisko!!!
:D

I believe Samuel,and I hope there won't be a ban..
Anyway, I liked the last sentence of Samuels interview.. :D :proud: :finger:

primo-inter
23 Aug 05, 10:22
here is the link for those who didn't see it..

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=23DS6ZQO

I have to admit, it looks like he went 'puhhhhhhh u mother fucker!' :D

But I'll believe him and support him 100%.

If he meant to do it, I already love him. If he didn't mean to do it, then it means he's a good, full professional.

Here's what's fucked up though - some big f-ck named Bobo Balde gets no punishment for breaking a 17 year old Australian's leg in a pre-season match. Yet Samuel gets punished for spitting in the direction of the back of another player, even though he didn't mean to (and probably didn't) hit the player.

Pravesh
23 Aug 05, 10:31
I am not biased but I still think that what Samuel said in the interview (inter.it) could be right. He definitely did spit, which was in Nedved's direction. But it could also be that he was just spitting normally (not at the player).

After Cambiasso's foul on Vieira, referee blew the whistle. Then Inter players were trying to stop the ball and as Samuel was about to pick the ball from the ground there comes Nedved who kicked the ball from the back.
What's more irritating is that Samuel didn't react to that and just went on to get the ball & this time the bastard Nedved shrugged him off in the face. It's Nedved who started all this.

I am not saying that spitting is good; and Samuel should be banned if he really did it at Nedved. What I meant is - Why's Nedved not punished ??

If those people in the Calcio committee did watch the video replays so many times, didn't those bastards also see what Nedved did ?? :fero:

:stuckup: :hopefull:

Pravesh
23 Aug 05, 10:51
here is the link for those who didn't see it..
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=23DS6ZQO

Ahem ... Well, that video really doesn't look good & it seems that his spit was totally directed at him. :stress:

:(

Franco
23 Aug 05, 11:47
I think he did it on porpouse but i dont care, it was funny hearing "Samuel, that's nasty" from de commentator :dielaugh: j/k. I hope the ban is cancelled tough, because i liked Samuel's attitude (despite this) shown at the game. He is not at his best, but sure he's trying.

23 Aug 05, 13:32
I hope d appeal works ... i wanna see him really in form b4 d Gobbi-match in d serie A :)

Ziyad
23 Aug 05, 13:51
That Derby will be twice as fiery this time around...But what a feast for fans despite it being goalless almost..

Just compare it with Chelsea-United

Pravesh
23 Aug 05, 16:46
Mancini's interview is there and he again convinces me that the ban is really unfair. Just like Mancini said, if we watch from some angle (just like the one which primo-inter gave the link), we would say that he did spit at Nedved. But from the other angle {or lets say when it's not zoomed}, it doesn't seem that Samuel spat at him. I do think and also hope that Samuel is made the victim here. :hopefull:

:stuckup:

Ziyad
23 Aug 05, 16:59
Just like Mancini said, if we watch from some angle (just like the one which primo-inter gave the link), we would say that he did spit at Nedved. But from the other angle {or lets say when it's not zoomed}, it doesn't seem that Samuel spat at him.

Mancini said that...I said that too :D :heart:

Great minds DO think alike ;)

Stefan
23 Aug 05, 17:43
JZ has also said the same. Even nedved said he didn't notice anything. I am sure if somebody spits on you you would notice it, atleast feel it.

The Wall is innocent. Damm gobbi and milanista's trying to upset us. They can try but in the end their dirty tactics won't work this year.

This year is the year of the black and blue snake!!!

Ziyad
23 Aug 05, 17:49
I think this is just a great motivator and should be used as such for our games against Juve especially for Samuel

24 Aug 05, 12:44
JZ has also said the same. Even nedved said he didn't notice anything. I am sure if somebody spits on you you would notice it, atleast feel it.

The Wall is innocent. Damm gobbi and milanista's trying to upset us. They can try but in the end their dirty tactics won't work this year.

how do u call Inter snake ? r u sure u support Inter :frustrat: :frustrat: :frustrat: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang:

snake
24 Aug 05, 13:52

how do u call Inter snake ? r u sure u support Inter :frustrat: :frustrat: :frustrat: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang:

what the hell?
Sayak didnt you know that our symbol is the Snake?

26 Aug 05, 06:28
Well i did not think snake as a symbol ... snake to us in releigious terms represents something that cant be trusted ... in our culture if u call someone a snake itz taken as an grave insult ...

sorry for snapping back ...

InteristaMensur
26 Aug 05, 06:47
So you are buddhist right?

DISCO ZZANG
26 Aug 05, 07:26
Galliani most the scum of society of football league president. :finger: :finger: :finger:

Even another sucks garbage Berlusconi also don't want meet Galliani. because lose one´s appetite. :finger: :finger:

26 Aug 05, 09:32
So you are buddhist right?
no mate ... A Hindu ... though we have some similarities with Buddhism

Giorgio
26 Aug 05, 15:55
I haven't been on here since the Cl 2nd leg and I am still so angry that Samuel was not selected. He is out of action for three Serie A games. How is he expected exactly to be match fit now? He has hardly any game time...I fear he may struggle now to even break into the first team :( .

Viper66
26 Aug 05, 18:56
SAMUEL APPEAL REJECTED
Friday, 26 August 2005 19:10:17

[FOTO Friday, 26 August 2005 19:10:17] MILAN - The Lega Calcio Disciplinary Commission has turned down FC Internazionale's appeal over the spitting incident involving Nerazzurri defender Walter Samuel in last Saturday's Super Cup match against Juventus at the Delle Alpi Stadium. The three-match ban therefore stands.
:yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

brehme1989
26 Aug 05, 19:57
Well i did not think snake as a symbol ... snake to us in releigious terms represents something that cant be trusted ... in our culture if u call someone a snake itz taken as an grave insult ...

sorry for snapping back ...

just check my avatar

Stefan
26 Aug 05, 21:01
Fachetti says we aren't going to let this rest . He seems quite pissed.

FACCHETTI: "UN PROCESSO ALLE INTENZIONI"
Venerdì, 26 Agosto 2005 19:30:01
[FOTO Venerdì, 26 Agosto 2005 19:30:01]

MILANO - L'Inter non si ferma. La Commissione Disciplinare della Lega Calcio ha respinto il ricorso d'urgenza della Società sulla squalifica per tre giornate inflitta a Walter Samuel, ma il presidente Giacinto Facchetti annuncia che l'Inter ha già deciso di presentare ricorso alla Caf e considera un vero e proprio "processo alle intenzioni" le motivazioni proposte per la conferma della squalifica.

"Siamo di fronte a un processo alle intenzioni - dichiara Facchetti -. L'episodio non è stato valutato oggettivamente, soprattutto nel secondo grado di giudizio. Le immagini televisive sono state interpretate, mentre sono stati considerati irrilevanti gli elementi tecnici delle riprese, fornite dallo stesso regista della partita che ha dimostrato la distanza di almeno tre metri fra i due calciatori. E pensare che lo stesso Nedved aveva escluso che fosse successo qualcosa già negli spogliatoi... ".
"Nelle motivazioni - continua Facchetti - viene dato più spazio alle espressioni di Samuel durante una partita tiratissima arrivata ai supplementari piuttosto che alla ricostruzione di quando si è visto attraverso le immagini televisive a campo largo. Si parla del commento a caldo del telecronista, quasi fosse un metro di valutazione, e di un compagno di Samuel, che viene individuato in Pizarro (ndr.: in realtà per la maggioranza degli osservatori è Juan Sebastian Veron), che lo prenderebbe per un braccio, magari solo per dirgli qualcosa di calcistico, per altro normale visto che eravamo nel vivo della gara. Quindi persino le intenzioni del compagno di Samuel vengono interpretate. Ancora più di prima, abbiamo l'impressione di una squalifica ingiusta. Per questo motivo presenteremo ricorso alla Caf".

source:www.inter.it

Mikkel
26 Aug 05, 21:04
SAMUEL APPEAL REJECTED

[FOTO Friday, 26 August 2005 19:10:17] MILAN - The Lega Calcio Disciplinary Commission has turned down FC Internazionale's appeal over the spitting incident involving Nerazzurri defender Walter Samuel in last Saturday's Super Cup match against Juventus at the Delle Alpi Stadium. The three-match ban therefore stands.

That sucks, but I didn't expect them to change the judgment. To bad and a very bad news for us and for Samuel who now won't get much action in the coming month. And it will coast us since it now will take longer for him to gel with the rest of our team.

Stefan
26 Aug 05, 21:17
SAMUEL APPEAL REJECTED

That sucks, but I didn't expect them to change the judgment. To bad and a very bad news for us and for Samuel who now won't get much action in the coming month. And it will coast us since it now will take longer for him to gel with the rest of our team.

We are appealing to CAF its not finished yet. ;)

minterke
26 Aug 05, 23:49
Galliani most the scum of society of football league president. :finger: :finger: :finger:

Even another sucks garbage Berlusconi also don't want meet Galliani. because lose one´s appetite. :finger: :finger:

You took the words right out of my mouth, ZZANG ;)

cool_cuchu
27 Aug 05, 00:19
Hmm, this certainly sucks....
This year, Bilan is going all the way in the cowardness and cheating....
they are so full of it, even I am ashamed to see it

DISCO ZZANG
27 Aug 05, 04:32
Bitch Galliani.

Samuel will be slow starter. Mancio why didn't use for last CL match!! can't understand. really bad feeling. shit

cool_cuchu
27 Aug 05, 08:18
I think he will us it for CL games...

do not worry, samuel is a great player,but Spanish and Italian teams are different in fitness preparations, So all new players from Real Merda have to catch up with it..

Solari was here for a while and he's still not at his best... Defense is a very delicate position... But Il Muro is a world class player, he will play in no time...

Yeah, Fachetti is a president with passion..., hopefully our ban will be lifted at CAF...
Too bad we can't fire galliani..

But the tought of seeing Galliani hand over the Scudetto to us is a gem...

Mikkel
27 Aug 05, 12:56
That would be so funny to see his face while giving us the trophy, I'm sure he would look like one whose wife had cheated on him with his worst enemy. But then again if we win it this season I'm sure he will report sick and therefore can't attend in the ceremony where he shall hand over the trophy.

Jimmy
08 Sep 05, 16:47
And the second and last appeal was also rejected. Samuel is suspended for the next two matches.

kova9
08 Sep 05, 17:14
shit!!! they are all against us!!! We'll show them who's the best at the end of season anyway.

Choppin Onions
08 Sep 05, 18:41
Too bad but it's only two more games. BTW how did Samuel do in the Juve game?

Adriano@10
08 Sep 05, 19:11
yeah thats fucking shit, but anyway so i will see samuels first seri a match fore inter live.

Pani
08 Sep 05, 20:15
Too bad but it's only two more games. BTW how did Samuel do in the Juve game?

He had some problems with Ibrahimovic,but he was ok.

MoH
08 Sep 05, 20:24
Controversial post up ahead…........You’ve been warned ;) …........ I hardy doubt we're going to miss him. No offence, but he has been in pretty poor form lately, he's got to improve, improve quickly.

Handoyo
10 Sep 05, 09:02
Controversial post up ahead…........You’ve been warned ;) …........ I hardy doubt we're going to miss him. No offence, but he has been in pretty poor form lately, he's got to improve, improve quickly.
To be honest, I have been extremely worried with his pre-season form. However, pre-season form is hardly suggestive of what is to be expected from a players' performance. If I'm not wrong, either Kallon or Vieri was our top-scorer for our 2--3 pre-season but neither of them did very well in the season thereafter (03/04).

Hand;)yo