PDA

View Full Version : Ivan "Cafe" Cordoba

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

David Suazo
04 Aug 05, 10:10
Hey, i was looking in the forum if there was a Cordoba threat but i didnt found one. But i was starting this threat because i just read this: http://www.calciomercato.com/modules.php?name=titolone

He must stay or our season is dead, but you never know with Moratti... :confused:

Córdoba-Samuel could do wonders

Mikkel
04 Aug 05, 10:37
As I said in the transfer topic this is Bull shit, when there aren't any true news about Inter then the media always make some up. This has been a trend for years.

Alex de Large
05 Aug 05, 00:16
like Javier, Ivan will never leave Inter

Frisko
05 Aug 05, 00:49
We didn't have a Cordoba thread? Gosh, I feel so dirty now :yuck:

Choppin Onions
05 Aug 05, 03:49
Yeah, I was wondering where the Cordoba thread was the other day. Hard to believe we didn't have one after one of our best players and possibly our next capitano depending on what the future holds.

primo-inter
05 Aug 05, 12:07
Does anyone think Cordoba may take over as right-back when J.Z leaves? Good right-backs seem to be harder to find than CB's.

About the rumour regarding Real having an option on Cordoba, well I personally believe it. But the concept of an OPTION is that if we ever decide to sell him then Real are first in the queue. However, if we don't want to sell him they can't have him. We will never sell him. He's already a legend here.

Opeum
05 Aug 05, 13:11
if he leave, im sure that i'll lose every single inter's game in winning eleven againts my so called frens who love MU and Real and hate inter becos i love inter.damn...but im pretty good in defend..so that wouldn't be much prob.hahaha! cordoba, don't leave!!

Choppin Onions
05 Aug 05, 21:57
I usually don't do comparisons but who's the better defender without being biased? Cordoba or Cannavaro?

Both are extremely similar (probably a reason they failed together), from height to their jumping and heading ability. I think Canna might be a slightly better man-marker but Cordoba has the edge in quickness. Both are also generals as you'll often see both of them yelling directions to the rest of their respective teams.

Despite what I just said about being biased I have to go with Cordoba. :D He rarely disappointed me last season and his work-load was increased due to him having a sometimes error-prone Materazzi or an aging Sinisa beside him.

Yet you never hear about him being one the best CD's in the world. Possibly because he's Colombian? :confused:

M.Adnan
05 Aug 05, 23:20
I simply count Cordoba as the best CB in the world .. he's a player that u can depend on ..

he's better than that Cannavaro who showed us hell when was with us .. and better than Nesta who can easily be goofy when he plays against a player like Martins ..

KaiokenFlash
05 Aug 05, 23:56
Cordoba's pace makes him outstanding.
He can stand up to the likes of Henry and Sheva. Where as others defenders would crumble.

Also, one of my favourite traits about Cordoba is his guts. He is not afraid to put in a last ditch tackle. And with the addition of his lightning responce....wow! We sure are lucky to have him.

Now imagine some great communtication between Samuel and Cordoba in the centre of our defence....Oh yea!! Only then will Cordoba be recognised as one of the worlds best in the football domain.

Hammoudi
06 Aug 05, 03:16
Cordoba is better than Cannavaro. Why?

1. Cordoba never took any performance enhancers to our knowledge.
2. Cordoba had to play with horrible partners, and did well at doing a two-man job.
3. Cannavaro had Thruam with him at Parma, and has Nesta/Maldini at NT. When he played with another partner (Mtx or Adani) he s-u-c-k-e-d.

cool_cuchu
06 Aug 05, 07:56
yeah, that;s probably the reason canna sucks here...
he needs a worldclass partner to perform worldclass :)

Frisko
06 Aug 05, 12:14
And let's say it, he's got 9 partners in defence at Juve.

Back on topic, I just love this pic, thanks Master Han for digging it out for me!

http://www.inter.it/aas/img/20049.jpg

F U C K MILAN
06 Aug 05, 15:37
cordoba is the best without a doubt :stuckup:

primo-inter
06 Aug 05, 15:40
yeah, that;s probably the reason canna sucks here...
he needs a worldclass partner to perform worldclass :)

Are you saying Cordoba is not world class?

Unless I've misunderstood you I find your comment very stupid.

Frisko
06 Aug 05, 15:46
No need to use the word 'stupid' primo... And I'm positive he didn't mean that anyway.

CafeCordoba
06 Aug 05, 15:47
Back on topic, I just love this pic, thanks Master Han for digging it out for me!

Yeah, it was my avatar before this new one. But that is the greatest of all, no doubt. Cafe :heart:

primo-inter
06 Aug 05, 16:05
No need to use the word 'stupid' primo... And I'm positive he didn't mean that anyway.

Then if he didn't mean it that way it wasn't stupid. Though, if it was, then I have a right to think that it's stupid. Don't you also think it's stupid? Or you do, but you don't wish to say so?

I'm not interested in arguing, we are allowed to have conversations which don't have people 100% agreeing with each other.

In this case I believe cool_cuchu said Cordoba isn't world class, a statement which I strongly disagree with.

Frisko
06 Aug 05, 16:16
If everytime I thought somebody's opinion was stupid, I called them stupid people, we would need 10 Flamers Paradise forums.

Sometimes you think what you think but you can say it in a polite way primo, I'm sure they've been teaching you that when you were 4 or 5.

primo-inter
06 Aug 05, 16:36
Did I call him a stupid person?

Please point out where I called him a stupid person.

PLEASE, I'm dying to know.

I've been behaving well here, people shouldn't just see the name 'primo-inter' and think "he's at it again, starting shit" - READ CAREFULLY WHAT I SAY in future. I don't appreciate being told I did things which I did not do - particularly when they are bad.

Handoyo
06 Aug 05, 19:14
And besides, that statement from Yopi was meant for Cannavaro.

Hand:wallbang:yo

Miki
06 Aug 05, 19:18
And besides, that statement from Yopi was meant for Cannavaro.

Hand:wallbang:yo
But Yopi's quote means that Cordoba isn't world class. Like Primo, i'm eager to see what is his reasoning for that statement. :)

Ciao,
Tim

Handoyo
06 Aug 05, 19:27
Eh, oh yeah! :eek: What was I thinking?

Yopi, you have some explaining to do! :wth:

And by the way for the rumour, here's my reply to it:CORDOBA: "THE INTER SHIRT IS MY SECOND SKIN."
Thursday, 05 June 2003 11:10:05
MILAN - Ivan Ramiro Cordoba spoke to Inter.it ahead of his departure for Madrid, where the Colombian national team will prepare for the upcoming Confederation Cup in France (4):

What's your analysis of the season that has just ended?
It's definitely not disappointing. We've worked well and fought to the end in each competition, but there's bitterness. It's the second year we're up there. We've fought to win but we haven't won. Next year will surely be our year.

Your tears after the Champions League semi-final return leg certainly didn't go unnoticed by the fans...
The Inter shirt is my second skin. It's the team I have played the most for as a professional. This is my fourth year and I feel a special attachment to this shirt. It's like my national team.

What's your message for the fans ahead of the new season?
I can't say anything to the fans. I can just thank them the affection with which they follow us everywhere.
Hand:eek:yo

K.I.
06 Aug 05, 19:31
well yah handoyo,this realy explains everything,i dont think he will ever leave.

Choppin Onions
06 Aug 05, 19:42
Doesn't get much more loyal than that. When you rank your club team up with your national team it speaks volumes about Cordoba's character. :proud:

Hammoudi
06 Aug 05, 19:45
Doesn't get much more loyal than that. When you rank your club team up with your national team it speaks volumes about Cordoba's character. :proud:

Yeah, considering that the other druggie played a season and a half not fully fit to captain the Italian NT in EC04. Thankfully, it was only for two games!

Frisko
07 Aug 05, 00:22
All right all right primo no need to make a fuss about it, you surely have the tendency to go at people a bit too strong but you're right, you've been behaving lately.

Just keep in mind that for every single thing that you think is obvious about Inter, there's somebody here who thinks the exact opposite (Zanetti not a good captain, for phuck's sake! :mad: ). Therefore, you might find MANY people's opinions stupid (I sure do at times).

K.I.
07 Aug 05, 00:46
Zanetti is a great captain,i dont care what anyone says.

Enricos
07 Aug 05, 22:22
Something I found on the web, a present for Frisko:

http://www.amsterdam-cafe.nl/dalibor/walls/wall/25_1024x768.jpg

Frisko
08 Aug 05, 00:02
Enricos you're a :star:

:)

Vic
08 Aug 05, 00:13
That is an awesome Wallpaper! FORZA IVAN!!!

primo-inter
10 Aug 05, 15:13
our friend cool_cuchu never explained himself. :rolleyes:

cool_cuchu
10 Aug 05, 15:58
ahh what do you want to know ???

primo-inter
10 Aug 05, 16:02
I want to know why you don't think Cordoba is world class...... read the whole thread to get a better understanding.

cool_cuchu
11 Aug 05, 00:47
really ??
I think Cordoba is world class, I love the guy... I love his game and his passion of playing, also his commitment.. and leadership. I always consider him as our main fast CD..

I just have the feeling that he somehow has some heart for Real.. Merda.... He chooses Raul as the world class player (he voted as columbian captain)

(These two are different matters)..
I just said that after three scudettos...., I don't mind letting him go.... This doesnt mean I don't love the guy.. I just want to say that if the guy wants to move on... I will grant him... He has given so much. On the other hand, I want him to retire on our shirt (I never mentioned this.. before)..

Cordoba is one player I respect the most in this team... He could fit in very well in spanish game. But we need him, so before 3 scudettos with him. I oppose the idea of letting him go..

JZ, Martins, Cordoba, Adriano, Stankovic, Cambiasso and probably Pizarro are my most favourite players in this team.... They always are passionate playing the game and they are our first team members.

Javier Zanetti
11 Aug 05, 04:29
Happy Birthday Caffe Colombia ! :strong: :heart:

InterMilan31
11 Aug 05, 08:08
Happy birthday!!!!

Handoyo
11 Aug 05, 10:28
Those sons of b!tches in inter.it better dedicate a topic for him. :fero:

BUON COMPLEANNO IVAN RAMIRO CORDOBA!

Hand:proud:yo

Frisko
11 Aug 05, 11:00
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/frisko/FI%20Forums/felizcompleanos.gif

K.I.
11 Aug 05, 12:07
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR GREAT CD IVAN CORDOBA.

Mikkel
11 Aug 05, 14:41
Happy Birthday Cordoba :star: :star: :star: :proud:

kova9
11 Aug 05, 15:27
Happy birthday Ivan!!!

fcinterfan
11 Aug 05, 16:04
H A p p Y B i R T H d a Y....

Adriano@10
11 Aug 05, 16:34
happy birthday to the best cd in the world

Enricos
11 Aug 05, 16:40
Happy Birthday Ivan :star:

Penyon
11 Aug 05, 19:23
Great Centre back, I love this guy (not in a gay way), plays for the club and fans. Can't be sold at any costs, but I always doubted these rumors he was leaving. :)

Happy Birthday Ivan. :intersca:

Stefan
11 Aug 05, 20:35
Happy bday Ivan Cordoba.

NeRanZurri
11 Aug 05, 21:25
Boun Compleanno Cordoba !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cool_cuchu
12 Aug 05, 03:48
Buon Compleanno, Ivan !!!

Choppin Onions
12 Aug 05, 04:41
Happy (somewhat belated) birthday to Ivan Cordoba! Hope he enjoyed it. :)

Matrix and Cuchu's birthday's also coming up.

Alex de Large
13 Aug 05, 21:42
I'am very worried guys.... this rumors are killing me, I'AM VERY WORRIED

brehme1989
13 Aug 05, 22:13
Happy birthday to Cordoba, even if I delayed

HE IS GOING NOWHERE

La Beneamata
31 Oct 05, 09:53
Since I'm often to play football with the role of defender, I very fancy Ivan Cordoba. He is small and have the same height just like me :D but he can compete with each other in Serie A and with his NT. I also like what he did when he reject Madrid and prefer us, what a player, nerazzurri thru&thru.

No wonder, one of curva nord group made a group with his name.

02 Nov 05, 05:47
what happenned to him last night ? any clues ?

K.I.
02 Nov 05, 06:35
he was rested.

Enricos
03 Jan 06, 13:52
Man, this thread was low, time to revive it

Cordoba concluded with a few words about Germany '06 and the distractions the World Cup could create for the Inter players. "At Inter there are great professionals who know full well that the only way to play a good World Cup is to do well with their club. I won't be going to the World Cup, but personally, playing for a prestigious club like Inter won't make me miss the World Cup, even if I was disappointed about not qualifying. Now we're just thinking about Siena, then we'll think about all the rest.
http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=21328&L=en

Forza Ivan !! :star: :star:

Marcello
03 Jan 06, 20:37
sorry im late Ivan lol
Happy Birthday ivan :joker:

Vic
03 Jan 06, 23:15
Well if playing for us makes him feel better then lucky for him but he knows that he had too much to do which Colombia's elimination in the qualifiers. Anywayz Forza Ivan and shows us the heart that makes us proud of you!

04 Jan 06, 14:41
Cordoba on Mancini and Cassano ...

"Cassano is going to Real and there's no point in talking about him," said Cordoba.

"For sure, he is the strongest player and we have all seen him play. I have had the possibility to play against him many times. He is unpredictable, always creative and is extraordinary."

He added: "His character is a difficult one, but here at Inter is a trainer to manage these things. He would have been able to manage Cassano. Now he is with Real and we wish him all the best."

cool_cuchu
04 Jan 06, 23:58
he's #19, ussually people with these numbers at Madrid will go to inter later on..

kova9
05 Jan 06, 00:16
Anyone before cambiasso and samuel??

cool_cuchu
05 Jan 06, 01:07
It's a new tradition :D

Marcello
05 Jan 06, 04:21
haha this is spooky it might be a new tradition :D

cool_cuchu
05 Jan 06, 04:32
up until cassano, it won't be a bad one :)

kova9
05 Jan 06, 10:35
Was Zamorano no.19 at Real, before joining us??

cool_cuchu
06 Jan 06, 01:03
if he is, that must be REALLY, REALLY interesting..

Marcello
06 Jan 06, 11:05
looks like he was 9 but hey its got 9 in it :D
http://im.rediff.com/sports/2003/dec/24ron.jpg

Cheers
Marcello

kova9
06 Jan 06, 16:39
Where is this picture from?? I think they both have no.9 if its from "Ronaldo vs Zidane " match..

Enricos
06 Jan 06, 16:48
yeah, its a picture from 2003, it was from that charity game ;)

But he did have number 9 at Real

Djorkaeff
15 Feb 06, 12:25
With Recoba he is our curse.

Marcello
18 Feb 06, 00:08
Cordoba dreaming of revenge:)
Friday 17 February, 2006
Inter’s Ivan Cordoba is hoping to exact revenge for his side’s Serie A defeat to Juventus by beating them in the Champions League.

Cordoba was at the centre of the controversial turning point during the Derby d’Italia when he was adjudged to have brought down Pavel Nedved outside of the area with five minutes to go.

Depsite the Nerazzurri’s insistence that Nedved had dived, the free-kick was awarded and Alessandro Del Piero scored from the set-piece to shatter Inter’s Scudetto hopes.

Now, though, Cordoba is hoping to make amends in Europe, where he wants to meet Juventus again and settle his score with the Bianconeri.

“It would be a good opportunity to send a message out to everyone, including ourselves,” he told Sky television programme Fuori Zona.

“We could show that we didn’t deserve what happened to us – there is not such a big difference between us and Juve.”

Before any third act of the intriguing Inter versus Juve spectacle can be played out, however, Roberto Mancini’s men must first overcome Ajax in the last 16, but Cordoba has more pressing concerns in the form of Livorno this weekend.

Under the guidance of new Coach Carlo Mazzone, the Tuscan side appear to have recovered from their season’s blip and are high on confidence after beating Fiorentina last weekend.

Inter will not relish another trip to Tuscany in the space of 10 days. It was the Viola who ended their 20-match unbeaten run and now they face a side that succeeded where they failed by beating Cesare Prandelli’s men.

“We will be playing a very motivated side who have a very experienced Coach in Mazzone,” said the South American defender.

“However, we want to get back on track and will do whatever it takes to win the match.

“Twelve points puts us a long way behind but it is not too great a lead yet,” he continued.

“You never know, until the maths tells us otherwise we will keep going. A win will also pick us up for the match against the Dutch next week.”

M.Adnan
18 Feb 06, 00:29
I realy realy have big feelings that we're gonna face Juve in CL sooner or later

and we will kick them out , you know why ?

NO REFEREES IN EUROPE

snake
18 Feb 06, 02:20
I hope we dont get any Italian team. That being said, ill take liverpool in a blink

Frisko
18 Feb 06, 09:25
Give me Arsenal!!

Enricos
18 Feb 06, 11:49
Give me Juve ! :D

Handoyo
18 Feb 06, 14:44
Give me Arsenal!!
Yep.

Arsenal's weakness have always been the fact that their squad is so damn thing and it doesn't help that this season, they have been London Hospital's biggest client. Their defence is in an absolute catastrophic stage.

Once in a blue moon (this season) though, their midfield and forwards played the most beautiful football you'll ever see.

Hand;)yo

Hammoudi
18 Feb 06, 18:52
Our players should keep their mouths quiet at times.

They give us some false hopes, like wishing to meet Milan in the CL last year and then choking up.

And now Cordoba says this!!! Man, silence is a virtue!

18 Feb 06, 19:30
rather have the winner of Vilarreal and Rangers.

Wallace
18 Feb 06, 20:45
I want to see us beating Real Merda up :frustrat:

snake
19 Feb 06, 02:23
And now Cordoba says this!!! Man, silence is a virtue!

just last week u were saying our players need to speak out more and be heard etc.. make up your mind :wth:

Hammoudi
19 Feb 06, 02:27
Speak up as in standing against Serie A and its crap. Speak up in criticizing some of the players and the coaches' tactics.

But this is the wrong way. We measure nothing against Juve in terms of play, and he knows better. It's one thing to stick up for you team, and it's something else to overrate your team.

04 Mar 06, 04:07
now Tribal is reporting that Mancini has given the green signal to sell Cordoba in the summer.

itz Tribal but u never know ... specially that we r going to splash out heavily in the summer on a striker or 2 as well as a LW. (or Ballack's contract)

i guess all of it wont come from Moratti's pocket, and thatz what bothers me now.

catanha
04 Mar 06, 04:24
I wouldn't know what to think about selling Cordoba, but he has been way below what we have been used to or expect from Ivan.
I'm not sure, but if we can attract a good Italian cb, then I wouldn't mind saying bye bye.

K.I.
04 Mar 06, 04:34
well if cordoba is sold then burdisso will be his replacement,i am SURE of that.

I Love cordoba,he also loves inter,he has been our best defender for a long time,why should we sell him?

i dont think buridsso would mind being 3rd defender for a while.

04 Mar 06, 04:39
Cordoba has not been that gr8 this season, but i really cant make up my mind bout it.

He is one player i really like, but unfortunately he has not been his usual self this season. I guess a lot of that has also to got with his playing RB earlier in the season.

snake
04 Mar 06, 04:49
It would be terrible to see Ivan leave, hope it is false news.

M.Adnan
04 Mar 06, 04:58
I think selling Cordoba is silly

just like Milan selling Nesta , or Barca selling Puyol

Nesta had a bad season .. will they sell him in summer ?

plz this is not playstation

scutzon
04 Mar 06, 15:11
It'd be a great loss for us if we sell Cordoba. Even if he hasn't been performing to his usual standard, he's still one of the players who truely loves Inter. And, we definitely need a new CD if we sell him, and he would take time to gel up with not only Samuel, but J. Zanetti and Favalli too.

M.Adnan
04 Mar 06, 16:40
I'd rather selling Materazzi than selling Ivan

Frisko
04 Mar 06, 16:43
I don't understand how people can even start remotely considering, let alone talking about selling Cordoba :(

Djorkaeff
04 Mar 06, 18:52
Maybe he love Inter, but i love Inter too, but if im a bad player, im bad and i cannot play for best club on world. He is good player, but he is not good enough to play for Inter.

04 Mar 06, 19:03
dont jump the gun mate ... he has put in seasons of good work b4 this one

Stefan
04 Mar 06, 19:07
Maybe he love Inter, but i love Inter too, but if im a bad player, im bad and i cannot play for best club on world. He is good player, but he is not good enough to play for Inter.

What are you smoking?? Cordoba is one of our most trusted players. There are quite a few who should go before we even consider selling him.

J zanetti
04 Mar 06, 19:10
Oh man... :rolleyes: :wallbang:

Djorkaeff
05 Mar 06, 00:29
Yes he is good this year because Samuel is aside. I watch Inter last 10years, and i know what im talking. Worst Inter defender in last couple of years.

Gaetan
05 Mar 06, 01:19
What are you smoking?? Cordoba is one of our most trusted players. There are quite a few who should go before we even consider selling him.

He is one of the Inter veterans and has been one of our best players these past seasons, but lately he has been crap IMO.

Hopefully he gets back to top form.

snake
05 Mar 06, 01:30
|Im pretty sure if there was truth behind this the journos would of asked Mancini in his pre-match conference.

K.I.
05 Mar 06, 01:41
Thats True Helal.

Enricos
05 Mar 06, 02:59
Yes he is good this year because Samuel is aside. I watch Inter last 10years, and i know what im talking. Worst Inter defender in last couple of years.
OK, you got us all, now just tell us that this was a lousy joke ;)

Or wasn't it? :rolleyes: :wallbang:

M.Adnan
05 Mar 06, 03:22
if Cordoba was our worst defenders .. then what do u call people like semic .. silvestre .. wome .. blanc ??

top best three defenders in the last 8 seasons :

1- Bergomi
2-J.Zanetti
3- Cordoba

K.I.
05 Mar 06, 03:48
lol people who say cordoba is bad and cambiasso is bad and figo is bad should be ignored really,there is nothing else you can do.

Khalifa
05 Mar 06, 04:11

U Got Good shit?

05 Mar 06, 06:42
well i am worried, coz:

1. Cordoba is not having his best season
2. Mancini seems to have taken a liking for Burdisso
3. We need to splash out big-time in the summer on a forward, LW and maybe Ballack. All of that is not gonna come from Moratti's pocket.
4. Cordoba is not an EU player, and the likes of Ronaldo, Tevez are also non-EU players
5. As u may recall, we did not get Maicon in Jan coz we did not have an EU spot. Veron leaves, so Maicon comes in his place. Who else leaves for that forward? maybe Recoba ... maybe ...
6. The Italian angle, and the likes of Barzagli are an attractive option.

I want Ivan, but these r facts that r making me uneasy.

snake
05 Mar 06, 07:05
well i am worried, coz:

1. Cordoba is not having his best season
2. Mancini seems to have taken a liking for Burdisso
3. We need to splash out big-time in the summer on a forward, LW and maybe Ballack. All of that is not gonna

I want Ivan, but these r facts that r making me uneasy.

Ballack if he coems will be on a free, but maybe about 4.5 mill a season. 2nd, we wont 'splash bigtime' for a LW thats for sure.

Pulsar36
05 Mar 06, 07:12
Ivan. Can someone say overrated? That said, still an above-average defender, and glad to have him on my team.

Wallace
05 Mar 06, 08:14

I might have agreed with you when Cordoba was under Lippi back in 2000. But after watching him for so long, under Cuper and now under Mancini. He really has changed my thoughts on him. We cannot find another central defender who is more reliable than Cordoba, he is always there every game and has been the most consistent defender for years.

I don't think Samuel's presence actually made Cordoba look good, I think Samuel made Cordoba look bad actually. When Cordoba played along side Matrix, he looked superior to Matrix, but when Samuel is beside him, Cordoba looks a lot more inferior and doesn't seem to be the leader he used to be in the back line.

Mikkel
05 Mar 06, 11:13
lol people who say cordoba is bad and cambiasso is bad and figo is bad should be ignored really,there is nothing else you can do.

I agree with you, I know Milan would gladly take him if we ever sold him. And they would lough their ass off if we do. that much is for sure.

one more thing I really don't get people who dis our defence do I really have to tell you that this is the best defence we have had for ages. And it's not only because of Samuel, that we have conceded so few but our other defenders have also contributed allot, yeah Cordoba might not have had the best season but he will come back that is a guarantee, besides he so important for our team moral, without player who are dedicated too the club as much as Cordoba is then you literally ****ed, just look at real.

Frisko
05 Mar 06, 14:44
That Djorkaeff guy is turning this thread into The Crap Thread 2 :wallbang:

Jimmy
05 Mar 06, 14:59
Such a shame about the choice of username though. ;)

Cordoba has had his worst season with Inter this year, but he has still played at a very high level. Then that this Djorkaeff dude says "Yes he is good this year because Samuel is aside." means that according to Djorkaeff, Cordoba is having his best season with Inter.
Anyone here will claim otherwise.

So with such a comment, we can only draw to this conclusion: Prejudice

If you're not even aware of that Cordoba is having his worst season, and not best season, there's no point even discussing the subject.

Cordoba will be majorly shit when he turns about 31-32 though. We can all see that happening. Because at that time he has lost his pace and his ability to read the game and position himself is not good enough. But there's a few years to go before that time comes.

05 Mar 06, 15:19
Cordoba will be majorly shit when he turns about 31-32 though. We can all see that happening. Because at that time he has lost his pace and his ability to read the game and position himself is not good enough. But there's a few years to go before that time comes.
i beleive he is 29 now (?) ... all i say, is keep an open mind.

CafeCordoba
05 Mar 06, 17:14

Why would he lose his pace and ability to read the game? I don't think positioning and ability to read the game will be lost when time goes by. In my opinion it's quite contrary, experience brings more to those abilities. And pace, well, it's probable he'll lose some of it. But look at for example Cannavaro, who's three years older. In my opinion he hasn't lose pace so much that he can't be considered as a worldclass central defender (and man-marker).

Bosnian_Interista
05 Mar 06, 17:46
I've read some opinions here,and i dont agree with people who says that Cordoba is bad or whatsoever.Cordoba is strong defender and he is dedicated to the club,which I admire...

Hammoudi
05 Mar 06, 17:57
But look at for example Cannavaro, who's three years older. In my opinion he hasn't lose pace so much that he can't be considered as a worldclass central defender (and man-marker).

CafeCordoba, I don't have a smoking gun or a hard evidence. But I am sure as hell that Cannvaro takes drugs/steriods.

Jimmy
05 Mar 06, 18:34
CafeCordoba, what I meant to say is that Cordoba lacks positioning and ability to read the game NOW. Much of his defending is based on pace, agility and courage.

It's no secret that with age, much of the pace and agility disappears. Especially pace.

That's why Cordoba will be useless as soon as he loses a bit of those qualities. Right now he's a rock though.

05 Mar 06, 19:22
I've read some opinions here,and i dont agree with people who says that Cordoba is bad or whatsoever.Cordoba is strong defender and he is dedicated to the club,which I admire...
welcome friend ... ;) nice post to start at FI

Stefan
05 Mar 06, 21:46
Why would he lose his pace and ability to read the game? I don't think positioning and ability to read the game will be lost when time goes by. In my opinion it's quite contrary, experience brings more to those abilities. And pace, well, it's probable he'll lose some of it. But look at for example Cannavaro, who's three years older. In my opinion he hasn't lose pace so much that he can't be considered as a worldclass central defender (and man-marker).

Cordoba doesn't have the drugs dopavaro has to help over come the againg process.;)

Bosnian_Interista
06 Mar 06, 13:53
Thank you 1919;)

Choppin Onions
07 Mar 06, 00:46
CafeCordoba, I don't have a smoking gun or a hard evidence. But I am sure as hell that Cannvaro takes drugs/steriods.

Who needs any more evidence other than "he plays for Juventus"? :P

If you're not taking drugs, you're diving 5-6 times a game and if you're not doing that you're bribing the refs to make phantom calls outside the box.

snake
07 Mar 06, 01:40
Who needs any more evidence other than "he plays for Juventus"? :P

If you're not taking drugs, you're diving 5-6 times a game and if you're not doing that you're bribing the refs to make phantom calls outside the box.

add 'winning scudettos' to it

Hammoudi
07 Mar 06, 02:44
And if anyone is following Cannavaro closely, how many times did we hear of a PK that wasn't called after a challenge of his? He is really getting alot of calls his way, and he is becoming dirtier by the year.

I hope he doesn't get full of himself. Otherwise, I will send him the tape of Barca 3 - Inter 0 in the CL 2002/2003, when Kliuvert and Saviola owned him. Yeah, Kluivert :yuck:

M.Adnan
07 Mar 06, 03:10
or let me bring you Euro 2000 final tape , and laugh on Cannavaro and his silly mistakes .

snake
07 Mar 06, 04:12
And if anyone is following Cannavaro closely, how many times did we hear of a PK that wasn't called after a challenge of his? He is really getting alot of calls his way, and he is becoming dirtier by the year.

I hope he doesn't get full of himself. Otherwise, I will send him the tape of Barca 3 - Inter 0 in the CL 2002/2003, when Kliuvert and Saviola owned him. Yeah, Kluivert :yuck:

no matter how much times u tell yourself that he's sh!t, do u even believe it?

While all the mroe his won consecutive scudetto's and in the running for the CL.

Without Cannavaro, Thuram would struggle big time. But when both of them play together and play so well, they'll keep winning scudetto

Opeum
07 Mar 06, 05:41
during parma's time, did they won the scudetto?

Hammoudi
07 Mar 06, 13:56
Of course I believe it, why would I say it otherwise? And you make it sound like he is the difference maker in Juve's form. The reasons are as follows:

1. Good team
2. Referees
3. Defensive play

I don't see Cannavaro anywhere. He is benefiting from playing for a hard-nose defensive coach. Also, he plays with one of the best defenders of the last decade in Thuram. Finally, he has Emerson as his DM, and Vieira now.

And Faith, he took drugs with Parma, and it was on tape. He was really good back then, I guess that had a part.

07 Mar 06, 17:41
during parma's time, did they won the scudetto?
nope.

Djorkaeff
07 Mar 06, 19:14
He is one of the Inter veterans and has been one of our best players these past seasons, but lately he has been crap IMO.

Hopefully he gets back to top form.

Yea he is ''great''...

Just watched derby in last couple of years, every goal that Schevchenko scored, Cordoba is guilty for it. To me, its enough.

Cordoba & Recoba = curse of INTER!

Frisko
07 Mar 06, 22:34
Yea he is ''great''...

Just watched derby in last couple of years, every goal that Schevchenko scored, Cordoba is guilty for it. To me, its enough.

Cordoba & Recoba = curse of INTER!
I bet you don't even watch games, you probably only catch some highlights once every 6 months. You're talking out of your :ass:

Alex de Large
09 Mar 06, 01:03
I want to see Ivan in Inter atleast 5 or 6 years more, sell that guy it's like sell Cambiasso, only a moron can do it.

Hammoudi
09 Mar 06, 01:53
I think it was Jimmy that said players like Cordoba won't stay that good past their early 30's.

I agree with him 100%. Cordoba is in a way like Martins, all pace and not that much techniques. His sense of positioning is horrible at times. I wanted us to keep Gamarra so that he could teach Cordoba a thing or two about positioning.

Gamarra is in his late 30's or so, but he still had a hell of a season at Brazil. He doesn't have alot of pace, average aerial abilities, but makes up for all of that with a positioning that is amazing.

Pravesh
09 Mar 06, 04:00
"It's a sin even to think of selling Cordoba". :stuckup: There's nothing more than that I want to say about this ongoing topic.;)

Hammoudi
09 Mar 06, 16:52
We will see in two seasons Prav ;) Unless he improves his positioning and stop tackling needlessly, you will see a catastrophe.

Stefan
09 Mar 06, 17:23
I have to agree with Hamed and Jimmy's analysis of cordoba. In 2/r seasons time he will be a good backup but not starting material anymore.

10 Mar 06, 09:07
I have to agree with Hamed and Jimmy's analysis of cordoba. In 2/r seasons time he will be a good backup but not starting material anymore.
unless he changes his role and becomes a Gattuso-type hustler in CM. I do worry bout his distribution though.

Durai
03 Apr 06, 20:26
how much does cordoba earn?

Frisko
03 Apr 06, 20:49
how much does cordoba earn?
Good lord did you post that same question about all of our players??

Durai
03 Apr 06, 20:50
yes i did

Waleed
04 Apr 06, 01:47
yes i did

why?

Hammoudi
04 Apr 06, 01:52
Hmm, not really sure, but it's about $1.5M-$2M.

I am not worried about his wage, but about his play. The guy is going downhill soon, I just can see it. And with this love of fouls, we can have another Montero, Nadal etc.

I love Cordoba very much and he stuck with us when we were bad. But I doubt if we can do the opposite. Get back to form please...:(

04 Apr 06, 02:58
didn't we hv a specific thread where we had a rundown of all player's wages ?

Marcello
04 Apr 06, 12:14
Hmm, not really sure, but it's about $1.5M-$2M.

I am not worried about his wage, but about his play. The guy is going downhill soon, I just can see it. And with this love of fouls, we can have another Montero, Nadal etc.

I love Cordoba very much and he stuck with us when we were bad. But I doubt if we can do the opposite. Get back to form please...:(

Yes ..i dont think he is coping with samuel once he came cordoba has gone down hill..now with matarazzi with competion i think hes under deep presure!

K.I.
05 Apr 06, 19:44
i dont really think it's something to do with pressure really,he is a great defender,he will get back in form,but the defense this year has been actualy good,no worries from me over him or our whole defence.

Waleed
06 Apr 06, 15:54
Cordoba has played very below par this season and I though having Samuel next to him would improve his level of play rather than take it back a notch. He had Materazzi next to him last season and was virtually a one man destruction squad back there cleaning up almost all of his mistakes (remember that tackle on Montella in the box??). He has played pretty piss poor this season and does not seem to have the same spring in his step anymore and it was very evident in the wat that Josi Mari was able to run at and past him with such ease last week.

I am not saying we need to throw him out but he just picked the wrong time to decide to do his sucking. Perhaps he needs to have the responsibility of knowing that he is the final line of defence and everything rests on his shoulder to perform at his highest levels.

Whatever it is Cordoba as a player has not played at all well for a large portion of this season.

CafeCordoba
05 May 06, 09:58
CORDOBA GETS TWO-MATCH CUP BAN
Thursday, 04 May 2006 20:20:22 MILAN - The Lega Calcio's Disciplinary Commission has suspended Inter defender Ivan Cordoba for two domestic cup matches for a blow directed at Roma player Cufrè in the 40th minute of last night's Tim Cup final first leg.

The decision was reached after examination of videotape evidence as, according to the statement, "the referee did not see and therefore could not make any decision".

According to the sports judge Cufré should also have been penalised, but unlike Cordoba he was not reported.

Mexes, Perrotta and Taddei are automatically banned for one cup match after reaching the limit of yellow cards with their bookings at the Olimpico. All three Roma players are therefore ruled out of next Thursday's return leg.

Too bad. :( Samuel-Materazzi at next match? I would go with Burdisso-Samuel/Materazzi (if Argentinean isn't fit)

Inter appeals against the ban.

Hammoudi
05 May 06, 20:50
Cordoba is becoming dumb. :moan: Another clown in the making :cry:

Gaetan
06 May 06, 13:29
That was a disgrace. Cordoba is a joke.

Frisko
06 May 06, 14:19
That was a disgrace. Cordoba is a joke.
Wow, talk about going over the top.

minterke
06 May 06, 16:53
Cordoba's performance this season is similar to Adriano's.

Both are half the player they were last year. It's incredible to see how shaky and unsecure Cordoba has turned into. His ball control is laughable, he struggles to clear and if it were not for his incredible speed and jump then he would not even be good enough for Serie B.

Once he loses his speed, I would love to see Burdisso slip into the starting XI.

Alex de Large
06 May 06, 17:48
Cordoba, Adriano and Martin will be back next season, and i hope it's in Inter.

Hammoudi
06 May 06, 20:55
Adriano and even Martins may improve, but I doubt it's so with Cordoba.

He is about 30 now, and always had horrible positioning. His great speed and pace masked that in the past. However, as the legs get tired, the ugly monster that is slow-pace will show its head.

Players like Gamarra and Costcurta play well until their late 30's because they learened how to position themselves well. Sadly, players like Cordoba turn into butchers once the pace is gone.

It's partly our fault as well. We didn't partner him with a great CD until this year. He always had to do a two-man job, and that affect your sense of positioning.

I just hope he sticks to me and learns how to position himself well. I'd hate for us to relegate him.

minterke
06 May 06, 22:28
Well, Hamed, last season Cordoba was partnered up with Materazzi (who was half the player he is this season) and Mihajlovic (no comments needed) and he was arguably rated the best CB of the season.

I can still remember that goal-saving tackle he did on Montella which was IMO one of the best I have ever seen.

I don't know what it is, but as the games go by he just seems less and less secure. What I don't believe is that we need to buy a new CB. With Burdisso and Andreolli, the future of our backline does not look that bad at all.

Hammoudi
07 May 06, 03:34
Yes Mike, he has SAVED our asses many times in the past. I just think it's physical. I hope and pray it's an injury that he is playing through that we don't know off.

However, most likely it's age catching up with him. I don't know if it's medically correct, but once you hit 30, the pace on those legs starts diminshing.

Javier Zanetti
19 Jun 06, 16:57
HELP:
I'm looking for some quotes from a former San Lorenzo manager on Ivan Ramiro before he went to Inter, I think he said that Cordoba is the fastest player in South America.

M.Adnan
20 Jun 06, 09:11
Ivan is the fastest CD in the world now, not just before.

Javier Zanetti
20 Jun 06, 09:40
I know but I'm looking for the quote :D

Pi
19 Jul 06, 10:52
From goal.com - http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoId=96179

Cordoba Proud To Be At Inter

The Nerazzurro player is glad to have chosen to play for this club.

Ivan Cordoba spoke about being part of Inter, a club which has not been involved in the Calciopoli scandal.

"It's something really beautiful being part of Inter. A long time ago I chose to be part of this club and now I feel prouder about this choice.

Cordoba now hopes that the Nerazzurri will be awarded with the past season's Scudetto.

"A lot of talk has been made, there is a justice and everyone knows well what they deserve. We know well what we deserve with regards to the past season, let's hope they confirm it."

Djorkaeff
23 Jul 06, 14:53
Our worse player in last 10years. I really dont know what u guys see in him. He is guilty for 70% Inter conceded goals.

Tanel
23 Jul 06, 15:15
Our worse player in last 10years. I really dont know what u guys see in him. He is guilty for 70% Inter conceded goals.Umm, whatever!

CafeCordoba
23 Jul 06, 18:05
Our worse player in last 10years. I really dont know what u guys see in him. He is guilty for 70% Inter conceded goals.

And you are guilty for being so stupid that you shouldn't have right to live.

Djorkaeff
23 Jul 06, 19:40
Yea great argument...

Wallace
23 Jul 06, 20:05
I didn't use to like him the first two seasons after he joined Inter. I thought exactly the same as the Djorkaeff fan above, but Cordoba eventually showed how solid he was (even kicked Cannavaro out of the first team at times). However, last season Cordoba really wasn't that good, hope the best for him this season!

Lamb of God
25 Jul 06, 17:39
cordoba is really vital for our defence remember the times he was crucial for us proud to have him at inter

Alex de Large
10 Aug 06, 23:47
HAPPY BIRTHDAY IVAN.

don't forget this man, he had a bad season but he will return this next year, he still have 2 world class seasons left, maybe at the age of 32 he starts beeing a bench player but i don't think he cares. FORZA IVAN RAMIRO.

Miki
10 Aug 06, 23:59
Coming right behind Il Capitano, Cafe Cordoba! :star:

Happy 30th Birthday, Ivan! Best wishes, and trophies galore! :)

Ciao,
Tim

kova9
11 Aug 06, 00:04
Funny!! Our 2nd captain has birthday one day after our Il Capitano!!

Happy birthday Ivan!! :star:

Adriano@10
11 Aug 06, 00:05
Happy birthday Cordoba !!!! Mhh dam what more do i have to say well hope to see u celebrating the scudetto with us next year

Sisenando
11 Aug 06, 02:59
Happy Birthday IVAN RAMIRRRO CORODOBAAA!! Though u may not read this, but i wish you nonetheless. :D

This message was brought to you by the 75 character limit © 2006

K.I.
11 Aug 06, 03:31
Happy birthday cordoba,hope you also have a great year with us you great player.

Pi
11 Aug 06, 03:34
Happy Birthday Cordoba!!! I hope that we can have the real Cordoba back and not the Cordoba we had last year.

FORZA INTER!!!

FORZA CORDOBA!!!

Lamb of God
11 Aug 06, 06:13
happy birthday cordoba i hope you form a wall with samuel or matrix for the coming season.forza cordoba

Stefan
11 Aug 06, 07:27
Happy bday Cafe. Lets hope you regain your form last season was disappointing. Lets hope come next bday you and the boys will have won numero 15.:):boogy::cool:

Mikkel
11 Aug 06, 07:37
Happy Birthday Ivan Cordoba! :yeay:

you'll always be a favorite player of mine, no matter how you play, you are one of the few who play with your heart, and I love you for it. Grazie for all the good experiences you have been giving us, may you play for us the next many years, hope you get a good season. :proud: :star: :heart: :hug:

Choppin Onions
11 Aug 06, 09:22
Happy Birthday Ivan. May you have a stellar, and hopefully trophy-winning, season alongside Samuel. :star:

Forza ragazzi
11 Aug 06, 12:33
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, IVAN RAMIRO!!

Eres un defensor fantastico!

Man, he's only 30. He has many years still in him.

Pajo
11 Aug 06, 13:55
Happy Birthday Mr. Ivan Ramiro Cordoba!!!

I hope you lift the Scudetto at the end of this season.

stifler13
23 Aug 06, 20:29
He's the best inter central defender in recent seasons and probably 2 or 3 years again, no doubt about it. I respect him for being so loyal to inter ( he prefered to join inter than real madrid from San Lorenzo ). What i like so much about him is Cordoba can jump higher against taller opponent considered his height. Hope he can improve his skills and teamwork with matrix or samuel in seasons to come. Viva IVAN!

Tanel
28 Sep 06, 18:26
I was beginning to hope that last years cathastrophe is behind for Ivan, but no. He is shitty this year. Lots of mistakes, he loses most of the headers in the box, his passes could be a lot better. He has costed us a loads of goals this year already. I believe seeing that Samuel and Matrix are playing well he should no doubt be on the bench as he is now starting to make mistakes which he can't cover up with his speed and therefore he is becoming useless. As much as I like the dude and his character, his performances wouldn't even please a relegation fighter.

IbraHimoVic
28 Sep 06, 19:16
What a mistake did Cordoba yesterday !!! :cry:

Stefan
28 Sep 06, 19:45
The time has come for Mancini to drop Cordoba and give Burdisso a chance. Cafe ( who I love as a player) has been dreadfull for a year now. With the exception of the games vs roma. It's time Burdisso got his chance.

Waleed
28 Sep 06, 22:30
What a mistake did Cordoba yesterday !!! :cry:

Did you see Bayern's second goal? He is almost totally at fault for that one although JZ's weird header up in the air and back didnt help matters much either.

I agree with you Stefan Cordoba seems lik he is going down hill and I dont think we need to wait any longer to put Burdisso straight into the mix. I think he can compliment Samuel much better than Cordoba can and he and Materazzi can co exist IMO.

Sorry Cordoba your tenure at the club has been long but that doesnt mean that you should continue to play if there are other alternatives out there. I await to see if Mancini will have the guts to make such a tough decision when Burdisso is fully fit.

Durai
28 Sep 06, 22:34
forget about the defence, the attack didn't work, if the attack worked our defence could have been allowed to make those mistakes.

Tanel
30 Sep 06, 18:04
Durai, I assume you haven't seen most of our games or what? That Bayern mistake was the cherry on the cake considering his recent form. He is pure shit for a year or so from now. He seems a lot more weaker (he loses most of the headers and duels) and without the speed he'd be dead-meet as he is already showing how prone he can be to marking and passing mistakes.

M.Adnan
30 Sep 06, 18:26
I don't understand many Inter fans.

Once a player has a bad season, you want him out.

Toldo had a bad season, now he's JC's sub.
Cordoba had an average season, now you want Burdisso.
Materazzi made ALOT of mistakes, but many Interisti wanted him out, and I always supported him. And now after his great performances, you want him to stay.

All football players are no perfect. Big clubs wait their players for seasons until they get back their form.

Look at Milan.

Dida had a terrible season, a worse season than Toldo's. Did anyone bench him? Did they sell him?
No. They put full faith in him, and he's still their first goalkeeper.

Nesta.. He had a poor season, but he's still number one in their defence, and no one throws him away. Shevchenko had a bad season, but they kept him and put full faith on him.

Let me ask you a question, why are you still patient on Adriano? Why Adriano and not Cordoba?

Wait until Cordoba gets his form back. Then you'll eat your words, just like what you did after Materazzi's WC, until this day.

Players need confidence to get their form back, even if took them a whole year.

Stefan
30 Sep 06, 18:45
Adriano has been dropped. Why can't cordoba be dropped?? And also cafe probaly deteriorate further as he gets older. He relies on pace and as you get older you lose that. Cafe doesn't have the positioning sense to cope with that. Nico deserves a chance.

Tanel
30 Sep 06, 21:31
We have options to replace him. Are we supposed to wait until he stops making some shitty mistakes that even would make the shittiest defender on the world proud. And as Stefan said, it's no secret that Cordoba would be nothing in the world of football if he would not have pace and he is losing it and it's taking the other flaws he has up to the public also. With Adriano we have problems that can be solved for a young striker, but Cordoba's current problems are pretty much unsolvable and he is an oldie also and with his playing style oh what an effect it has. Milan example you brought up is a bad one because in Milan there were nobody to replace Nesta who was just an average (not bad) and Dida who by the way turned hot at the end of the season as Milan had no other choices for goalkeepers as Kalac was a clown and so were the others.

And by the way, what makes the main difference with small and big clubs is that when a player underperforms, we have a backup that can play as good as him, if not better.

And more to your record. Most of the Inter fans love Cordoba and his unique character in our team, but he has almost had his year of underperforming. With possible replacements in Burdisso & Samuel he should be in bench as otherwise we'd be screwed. Adriano situation was different as last year we had basically no options to replace him, but now we have and you see what that has resulted into - he barely plays.

Waleed
04 Oct 06, 02:50
Dida had a terrible season, a worse season than Toldo's. Did anyone bench him? Did they sell him?
No. They put full faith in him, and he's still their first goalkeeper.

Who would they have replaced him with? kalac? Gimme a break he is a nine foot clown. Also I would have been willing to take a bet that had Abbiatti still been at Milan he would have gotten a few starts with the way Nelson was playing.

Nesta.. He had a poor season, but he's still number one in their defence, and no one throws him away.

A bad season by the standard of the best center back in the world can not be compared with a bad season for a very mediocre center back like Cordoba. Furthermore Nesta was not half bad and his team still managed to get othe CL semis and finish second in the league. Not bad when you think about how many injuries he sustained. Plus who were they going to replace him with Simic.......:P

Shevchenko had a bad season, but they kept him and put full faith on him.

Again Shev may have had an average season but that is to be expected after his golden ball winning performance from the season before. His scoring rate in Europe was actually quite good and it was only his domestic form that suffered.

IMO you can stick a fork in Cordoba because he is done son. His continual lack of concentration at the back has become more than frustrating. Time to blood in the promising youngster and phase out the old generation, it is the natural process of football.

The fact that Cordoba continues to start for us is getting embarassing at the moment and it is about time Mancini became aware of this.

19 Nov 06, 19:31
i hv a feeling that Cordoba is nt the same defender that he used to be.
he has let us down on several occasions this season as well as the last and its time we think bout looking for a sub.
when i say a sub, it cud be Materazzi or Burdisso, but unfortunately they dont hv d pace to replace Cordoba.
and to my mind Samuel is the best CD we hv. and i say dis keeping my anti-materazzi feelings apart

what do u peep think?

Suneet
20 Nov 06, 10:55
Bring Burdisso in for Cafe Cordoba? What are you guys on? Didnt you watch yesterday's game? Burdisso was crap All Reggina had to do is get the ball to their right. I dont know why you guys were praising him for? I certainly dont see anything promising.

Cordoba is getting older yes, he will lose pace yes, but he has experience to cover up the lack of pace and he wasnt that bad IMO.

Mikkel
20 Nov 06, 12:56
i hv a feeling that Cordoba is nt the same defender that he used to be.
he has let us down on several occasions this season as well as the last and its time we think bout looking for a sub.
when i say a sub, it cud be Materazzi or Burdisso, but unfortunately they dont hv d pace to replace Cordoba.
and to my mind Samuel is the best CD we hv. and i say dis keeping my anti-materazzi feelings apart

what do u peep think?

As much as I hate to admit it Cordoba hasn't been good, but give him all the blame is lack of understanding, way to often have I seen our defence got screwed by the rest of our team because they didn't bother to win the ball back they had just lost.

yes he has coast us some goals, but the same can be said about all of our defenders except J.Zanetti. none of them have been great on a consistent basis Maicon was horrible the first many games and where owned in several occasions, Grosso has at best been decent and has also coasted us allot, Burdisso has been Horrible so far. Samuel hasn't been in the same level as he was in last year. And Matrix keep on making foolish mistakes.

And to Cordobas defence then you also seem to forget that he has saved our ass in several games this season even though he didn't play up to his old level.

If we have to replace him then there is only one who can do it and it's Andreolli I know he is young and inexperienced but this is the right time to give him a chance when some of our defenders aren't doing well.

Forza ragazzi
20 Nov 06, 13:00
Bring Burdisso in for Cafe Cordoba? What are you guys on? Didnt you watch yesterday's game? Burdisso was crap All Reggina had to do is get the ball to their right. I dont know why you guys were praising him for? I certainly dont see anything promising.

Cordoba is getting older yes, he will lose pace yes, but he has experience to cover up the lack of pace and he wasnt that bad IMO.

But Nico played at the left. He's way better as a CD.

Pajo
20 Nov 06, 13:35

Nico is great player, the problem is that Mancini outs him as LB. And Nico's position is CD. Have you seen him playing as CD?

As for Cordoba, I think we shouldn't bench him, yet... later on, dunno...

Johnny Ludlow
20 Nov 06, 16:50
I also have an obsession about Burdisso getting a shot in the middle. He have been excellent in the national team time to time. I know he has alot of talent in him. He would need to play few games from start, so that it eould be routine for him, se seems kind of nervous sometimes, probably because he plays so little.

Waleed
20 Nov 06, 19:21
And to Cordobas defence then you also seem to forget that he has saved our ass in several games this season even though he didn't play up to his old level.

True, but ever hear of the old saying "you are only as good as your last performance" I think it is very apt in this situation.

I do agree that if he is going to be replaced then Andreiolli should get a shot at the spot too. I favor Burdisso because of his international experience but may the best man win IMO.

Suneet
20 Nov 06, 19:22
Nico is great player, the problem is that Mancini outs him as LB. And Nico's position is CD. Have you seen him playing as CD?

As for Cordoba, I think we shouldn't bench him, yet... later on, dunno...

Agreed Nico's best and preffered position is CD, to be frank I have only watched about 3-4 matches where hes played.

But temme, if you were Mancini and you saw a strange performance like the one against Reggina would you like to play him in the center, especially when you have the likes of Materazzi, Samuel etc in your squad?

The above players are proven, what I'm saying is that Nico needs to prove first that he is a safe bet to play as CD, he has to take the chances he's been given. He dint take it this week, but he will get more.

Cordoba has lost his touch a little bit, but hes done it before, so hes less nervous, if we play someone like Burdisso in current form before Cafe, it will destroy a great player's confidence in himself

Its not the end of the road, but currently NO, its too soon and too risky. We have crucial matches coming up, we need experience not experiments. Reggina's midfield was running riot with Nico in front of them, watch the game with a critical point of view and you will agree.:)

Tanel
20 Nov 06, 19:58
As much as I hate to admit it Cordoba hasn't been good, but give him all the blame is lack of understanding, way to often have I seen our defence got screwed by the rest of our team because they didn't bother to win the ball back they had just lost.

yes he has coast us some goals, but the same can be said about all of our defenders except J.Zanetti. none of them have been great on a consistent basis Maicon was horrible the first many games and where owned in several occasions, Grosso has at best been decent and has also coasted us allot, Burdisso has been Horrible so far. Samuel hasn't been in the same level as he was in last year. And Matrix keep on making foolish mistakes.

If we have to replace him then there is only one who can do it and it's Andreolli I know he is young and inexperienced but this is the right time to give him a chance when some of our defenders aren't doing well.For your record.

1.) Burdisso was horrible only in that game vs. Reggina.
2.) Tell me one big mistake that cost us anything. (Except from the Supercoppa match of bad parnering with Samuel in the 1st half which was the first of the season and Matrix started training much later than some others/One foolish backpass at Spartak) He was marking Budan last weekend, but that was tough for him to prevent. Only big time mistake he has done is letting his feelings win the calm mind with a red card vs. Milan.
3.) Grosso has barely costed us any goals, he has just been lame at attacking (though showed positive signs vs. Parma)
4.) JZ has done couple of mistakes too.
5.) Samuel has been stronger with every game and I think he is beginning to play at his level currently.

Cordoba has costed us much much more than the rest. He is getting slower and he gots overpowered in challenges.

---

Suneet, we can easily swap Samuel with Cordoba and make it Materazzi - Samuel. Easily our best cb's this season. Our options can always depend on the opponent and importance of the game. We've got 5 defenders who all are rather different. Two big boys with different style of play- Materazzi/Andreolli; Fast dude - Cordoba; Great footgame and also nice air player - Samuel; Passionate, versatile & smart - Burdisso. Quite frankly I like all the dudes very much.

---

When talking about Nico, LB or CB, there wasn't much difference. He was slow and he made lot of defensive blunders. Those are things he has to face playing at CB too. I except him and Andreolli to lead us for next decade even in defence and I have full trust in him, but the LB is a lame excuse for defensive mistakes and lack of pace.

---

And more, Cordoba is still our fastest defender, but his pace is far from same so one weapon of his is lost and I don't think he'll ever return to his best possible. You can see him almost getting outran constantly.

Forza ragazzi
21 Nov 06, 16:46
Suneet, we can easily swap Samuel with Cordoba and make it Materazzi - Samuel. Easily our best cb's this season. Our options can always depend on the opponent and importance of the game. We've got 5 defenders who all are rather different. Two big boys with different style of play- Materazzi/Andreolli; Fast dude - Cordoba; Great footgame and also nice air player - Samuel; Passionate, versatile & smart - Burdisso. Quite frankly I like all the dudes very much.

Materazzi-Samuel isn't, and never will be, our best partnership. They have to many weaknesses together. They would only work vs certain opponents and hence they're not a pair to bet on on a regular basis.

great footgame = good technique, or what are you saying? 'Cause Wally isn't a great technican. Also, Materazzi is better than Samuel in the air, mostly do to his height.

Waleed
23 Nov 06, 05:53
Agreed I dont think a defensive partnership of Samuel and Materazzi could sustains us for any extened period of time. Both are left footers meaning they will attack the ball in the ball in the same way. SO if one gets beat generally the other one will be in a terrible position to move over and make the stop. Especially if the attack beomce centered on the right flank.

Cordoba-Materazzi/Samuel is the best partnership that can go out there right now but I dont know how much longer old Cafe can last out there.

Handoyo
23 Nov 06, 08:18
Even though Matrix and Samuel has produced some very good performances of their own, it does not mean that they will work well as a duo.

To make an analogy, Vieri and Trezeguet scored hundreds of goals for Inter & Juve respectively; do you think they'll make a great partnership? I doubt so.

Hand;)yo

25 Nov 06, 16:47
no issues against Burdisso. but i really think he lacks the pace to step into Cordoba's shoes.

the same reason why samuel and materazzi wont make a good pair ... Burdisso lacks the pace of Cordoba which was there for all to see when he was playing LB ... he was beaten time and again by the RW.

interista
26 Nov 06, 04:54
For your record.

1.) Burdisso was horrible only in that game vs. Reggina.
2.) Tell me one big mistake that cost us anything. (Except from the Supercoppa match of bad parnering with Samuel in the 1st half which was the first of the season and Matrix started training much later than some others/One foolish backpass at Spartak) He was marking Budan last weekend, but that was tough for him to prevent. Only big time mistake he has done is letting his feelings win the calm mind with a red card vs. Milan.
3.) Grosso has barely costed us any goals, he has just been lame at attacking (though showed positive signs vs. Parma)
4.) JZ has done couple of mistakes too.
5.) Samuel has been stronger with every game and I think he is beginning to play at his level currently.

Cordoba has costed us much much more than the rest. He is getting slower and he gots overpowered in challenges.

---

---

When talking about Nico, LB or CB, there wasn't much difference. He was slow and he made lot of defensive blunders. Those are things he has to face playing at CB too. I except him and Andreolli to lead us for next decade even in defence and I have full trust in him, but the LB is a lame excuse for defensive mistakes and lack of pace.

---

And more, Cordoba is still our fastest defender, but his pace is far from same so one weapon of his is lost and I don't think he'll ever return to his best possible. You can see him almost getting outran constantly.

Man thats not true. Cordoba is still very fast and as someone said its a nice combination matrix cordoba. I think ivan is underrated. And not samuel or burdisoo can replace at this moment for sure

interista
26 Nov 06, 04:55
Almost forgot. He slaped couple of milan fans last season I think because they were insulting inter. GRANDE IVAN

simeone
26 Nov 06, 05:38
:rolleyes: Ivan was bad in the first few matches but in the last 2 matches he has improved a lot.He was quite excellent in Sporting lisbon match.

Vic
26 Nov 06, 08:12
I though Ivan had improved since his slow start where he was out of place frequently. If you saw the Sporting game you can see the cover he offers with his speed after we lose the ball, Mancio counts on him for the imediate future so I expect no changes.

simeone
26 Nov 06, 10:20
I though Ivan had improved since his slow start where he was out of place frequently. If you saw the Sporting game you can see the cover he offers with his speed after we lose the ball, Mancio counts on him for the imediate future so I expect no changes.

Thank you for some sanity.He has improved a lot and he saved our ass many times in the Sporting game.

Alex de Large
26 Nov 06, 10:27
He also gives speed to a players who only one have 1 fault, Grosso, Matrix, Samuel, Vieira, Figo.... and more, excellent players but slow.

Vic
26 Nov 06, 11:55
I do think he is a liability from set pieces not because he can't jump but because he gets easily pushed or overpowered by players with greater presence. Cordoba may have started slow but he usually has those moments through out the season now that they seem to be over we may feel safer, I hope I am not talking too early here.

Hussein
27 Nov 06, 06:07
Ivan left the pitch injured last night and I hope it will not be anything serious. Although he has not been at his best lately, still we need an experienced and fast guy like him to complement Matrix.

Marcello
27 Nov 06, 07:20
if we lose him for the bayern game we are totaly stuffed who is fast enuff to race pizzaro and makkay only cordoba :( come back soon mate

Vic
30 Nov 06, 04:15
True, Mancio said he would not rush his recovery. Luckily we are already through this is a formality game.

SHAPESHIFTER
07 Dec 06, 17:15
ever since he joined back in 2000 I liked this guy.....the passion for this jersey he has is rare ( as it's stated on inter.it in his profile : Cordoba refused offers of a transfer to Real Madrid so he could come to Milan and wear the black and blue colours of Inter )....
he might not be the best CD world has ever seen, but he's an Inter worth player and more....
haven't seen a player ( besides Capitano ) who loves the club as much..
we all know his technical abilities + a fact that whoever was Inter coach he was always choice no.1....
I believe he can pull out at least 2 more seasons wit us on this level
one of the symbols of Inter in 2g

FORZA CAFE

Stefan
07 Dec 06, 17:29
Cafe has always been one of my favourite inter players but we have to face facts for the 2 last season he has not performed as well as before. And personally I can't see it changing much he relies on pace and with age you lose that. He doesn't have the positional sense or reading of the game to compensate for that. I see in years time he will be more of a squad player than a first choice. Still a very important player but not the number 1 defener.

And again I am not bashing cafe. I still love the guy as a player but we must face facts. No one can stop the ageing process.

interlab
07 Dec 06, 18:22
He Is 1 In The World

K.I.
07 Dec 06, 22:26
yes he is,to me anyways.

uny_arturo
08 Dec 06, 15:44
Do you guys think that Cafe often plays too many games every season? I wonder if his stamina can sustain his career longer. Anway, Forza Cafe the vice captain

Michal
28 Dec 06, 08:29
IVAN CORDOBA ON 'UNO DI NOI'

How many people do you live with? Four.
What book are you reading at the moment? The Gospel according to Maria Valtorta.
What image is there on your mousepad? It's a blue mousepad with no image.
What do you have on your desk? Many documents and photos of my daughters.
The best trip you have ever made? When I used to go to the seaside with my parents. And my honeymoon to the USA.
Your favourite colour? Black.
Your favourite board game? It's called One.
Your favourite magazine? Cromos. I get it when I go to Colombia.
Your favourite cartoon? Tom & Jerry.
Your favourite smell? Burnt eucalyptus.
The first trip you made alone? When I went to play for a football team for the first time.
The worst feeling in the world? To feel empty and soulless, without anybody to believe in.
And the nicest thing? To have faith and know there's always someone who will help you.
The first thing you think about when you wake up? My daughters.
Better to be alone or in bad company? Better to be alone.
Are roller coasters terrifying or exciting? Exciting.
How many times does your phone ring before you reply? It depends. I usually reply immediately.
Your favourite food? It's a typical Colombian dish with many ingredients.
Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate.
Sweet or savoury? Sweet.
Cat or dog? Dog.
New York or Rome? New York
Christmas or New Year's Eve? Christmas.
The Beatles or the Rolling Stones? The Rolling Stones.
Michelle Pfeiffer or Angelina Jolie? Angelina Jolie.
Do you like driving fast? No, but I like my car to have good acceleration.
Have you ever slept with a soft toy? No.
- -
What make was your first car? A white Fiat Uno.
Your favourite alcoholic drink? Colombian rum.
Your star sign? Leo
If you could choose a job you like, which would it be? A forest engineer or a mechanic.
Is there a love you have never forgotten? No.
The first time you got drunk? When I was dating my girlfriend.
Is your glass half full or half empty? Half full.
Your favourite film? The Gladiator and The Passion of Christ.
A recurring dream that will never become reality? To travel in space.
The telephone call you have waited the longest for? When I was waiting for Inter to buy me.
And email? None that I remember.
Favourite number? Two.
Your birthday? 11 August.
The sport you like playing most? Football.
And your favourite sport to watch? Volleyball.
Physically, is there anything you can't stand about a woman? The mouth must be clean.
And sentimentally? I don't like women who think they're the cat's whiskers.
Physically, the thing you like most about a woman? Her simplicity.
And psychologically? Her goodwill.
Your first time? At the age of nineteen.
A secret you have managed to keep? I can't tell you. I have never told anybody.
A wish that has come true? Winning the Copa America with my national team.

And one that hasn't come true yet? Qualify for a World Cup with my national team.

Waleed
10 Jan 07, 21:29
What did you guys think of his performance last night? Of course he scored which is always a hige plus for a defender but as for the defensive duties I have to say I was not totally convinced he was ready to be back. We looked like a team which was much more secure with Materazzi and Burdisso in the middle than when Cordoba stepped in.

Khalifa
11 Jan 07, 02:25
What did you guys think of his performance last night? Of course he scored which is always a hige plus for a defender but as for the defensive duties I have to say I was not totally convinced he was ready to be back. We looked like a team which was much more secure with Materazzi and Burdisso in the middle than when Cordoba stepped in.

He was alreayd caught off guard by some header. He was behind the striker even. He needs more gametime.

minterke
11 Jan 07, 02:34
Physically, is there anything you can't stand about a woman? The mouth must be clean.

Cordoba likes to make sure the girl he's kissing hasn't blown anyone lately. I'm sure it's because it's happened to him before lol

bennyblanco
11 Jan 07, 04:42
Your first time? At the age of nineteen. :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh:

man i was doing fat laura when i was 12,not to brag or anything:D

Materazzi 23
11 Jan 07, 06:50
man i was doing fat laura

That's nothing you should be proud of i think.:P

bennyblanco
11 Jan 07, 08:53
i growled emma jenkins when i was 11,she was a hottie

materazzi 23,im not proud:cry: ,still recovering mentally from it today
my gobbi cousin made me do it,to prove i wasnt gay

because of laura i honestly was on the verge of gay tendacies,you dont know the feeling when a 95 kg bird sits on top of you

cruciate ligament damage still exists

Materazzi 23
11 Jan 07, 08:54
materazzi 23,im not proud:cry: ,still recovering mentally from it today
my gobbi cousin made me do it,to prove i wasnt gay

because of laura i honestly was on the verge of gay tendacies,you dont know the feeling when a 95 kg bird sits on top of you

I don't wanna know! I'm glad my girlfriend is a hottie with a perfect body.;)

bennyblanco
11 Jan 07, 09:00
thats great matrix 23,hope you marry her:dielaugh:

Materazzi 23
11 Jan 07, 09:01
thats great matrix 23,hope you marry her:dielaugh:

I posted a picture of her in favourite babe topic.:P

bennyblanco
11 Jan 07, 09:10
we better stop posting on Ivans thread before they smack us off,

btw,ive got a couple dozen amateur porn flix films starring me but i doubt that the mods will let me load em up:dielaugh:

btw,classy chick bro if i may say so

Stefan
05 Feb 07, 14:06
Goal.com says we will extend his contract to 2011.

K.I.
05 Feb 07, 14:17
EXCELLENT NEWS,i hope so.

Ziyad
05 Feb 07, 14:31
Goal.com says we will extend his contract to 2011.

If true,thats alot...I think he can give us 2 extra years but not even as a starter,not with Samuel and Burdisso being more starter material.

Alex de Large
05 Feb 07, 14:42
He should finish his football life at inter, like zanetti, remember he rejected go to other clubs who pay him more just to stay at inter. GRANDE IVAN.

interlab
05 Feb 07, 17:25
i love Ivan Ramiro Cordoba and i hope he will end his carrier here in Inter also hope he will be starter -Love you cafe -:) :)

Waleed
05 Feb 07, 22:13
I really dont think his contract should be extended. I am not the sentimental type at all. Cordoba is the type of player that will demand first team action and I just dont see Inter being able to provide him with that when we have not one but two starter material players lying in wait.

If his contract is extended then it should be for no more than an extra year tacked onto his current deal with reduced wages.

Alex de Large
05 Feb 07, 23:59
i don't think he demands to be starter, actually this last matches he has not started and he don't talk bullshit like luis figo does.

06 Feb 07, 12:24
I really dont think his contract should be extended. I am not the sentimental type at all. Cordoba is the type of player that will demand first team action and I just dont see Inter being able to provide him with that when we have not one but two starter material players lying in wait.

If his contract is extended then it should be for no more than an extra year tacked onto his current deal with reduced wages.

well if he is ok with being a backup i m ok wid that. only negative being, he will still be blocking the progress of Andreolli

K.I.
07 Feb 07, 01:18
lol one average or above average season and everone wants him out,wont even bother replying or explaining anything about this.

Waleed
07 Feb 07, 02:30
Whatever Khaled I know you are referring to me but I dont really care to tell you the truth. Cordoba has not been suck for this season only he was not impressive last season and has not been for quite some time. Even in his prime he was never considered a top notch defender other than by us Inter fans.

Oh and dont bring up the Real Merda link thing cause it is old news and Madrid were trying to sign any centerback they could get their hands on to fill the gap.

Cordoba may not be finished just yet but he is very close to it and I personally dont want to take the chance on a half rate defender when we have people like Burdisso and Samuel who have proven that they are better than him.

bjwam4
07 Feb 07, 02:47
Waleed, how has Samuel proven to be a better player than Cordoba?

Obviously Mancini doesn't think thats the case, and nor do I.

K.I.
07 Feb 07, 03:50
Whatever Khaled I know you are referring to me but I dont really care to tell you the truth. Cordoba has not been suck for this season only he was not impressive last season and has not been for quite some time. Even in his prime he was never considered a top notch defender other than by us Inter fans.

Oh and dont bring up the Real Merda link thing cause it is old news and Madrid were trying to sign any centerback they could get their hands on to fill the gap.

Cordoba may not be finished just yet but he is very close to it and I personally dont want to take the chance on a half rate defender when we have people like Burdisso and Samuel who have proven that they are better than him.

haha looking at you getting all personal even tho i didnt say anything to you,anyways my post wasnt only referred to you,it was to alot of people here and also i always considered him a great defender,also materazzi who people were always bashing a few years ago and wanted to kick him out is now considered an inter legend but cordoba who always was top notch and recentley just has a dip in his form in one season people began to say they want him out,oh how things change.

Barbas
07 Feb 07, 06:40
i do want cordoba end his career with us. perhaps he is/will be profesional enough to know that someone is better than him as a CD. as long as he does/will not moan about being third or fourth choice, then we should stick with him.

Waleed
07 Feb 07, 18:41
Waleed, how has Samuel proven to be a better player than Cordoba?

Obviously Mancini doesn't think thats the case, and nor do I.

Stats dont lie, the season Samuel came Inter had their best defensive record in 5 years. I dont take these things as coincidence since he had played a large majority of those games.

Waleed
07 Feb 07, 18:46
haha looking at you getting all personal even tho i didnt say anything to you,anyways my post wasnt only referred to you,it was to alot of people here and also i always considered him a great defender,also materazzi who people were always bashing a few years ago and wanted to kick him out is now considered an inter legend but cordoba who always was top notch and recentley just has a dip in his form in one season people began to say they want him out,oh how things change.

I am not taking it personally. Your post was referring to me directly or indirectly so what did you want me to do? My opinion was that of the group which you are condemning and as such I felt it fit to reply.

As for your opinion on Materazzi? So what hal thought he was god too does that make you guys right b/c he is starting to play awesome? Of course not. You rightly supported him when he was doing terrible but the fact remains that he was not playing well and you cant fault people for pointing that out.

The same goes for Cordoba, he has not been playing top notch recently and hasnt done so at any point in this season or the last one. I really dont see any reason for his contract to be extended fir anything beyond an extra year. Having him under contract until 2010 would be a huge mistake IMO.

K.I.
07 Feb 07, 19:15
lol so now that materazzi is playing well he desreves to stay and have his contract extended but now that cordoba is underperforming this season only he cant get his contract extended evev tho he has been our best defender in the last 6 years? lol both matrix and cordoba deserve to stay and both deserve to stay until 2010.

What makes you think that materazzi's great forum will continue and what makes you think that cordoba's bad form will continue? you dont know but fact is that they are both great players and they deserve to stay,also when samuel came our defence improved yes but he wast alone in defence,he also had cordoba who was just as good as him and even better.

K.I.
07 Feb 07, 19:17
I am not taking it personally. Your post was referring to me directly or indirectly so what did you want me to do? My opinion was that of the group which you are condemning and as such I felt it fit to reply.

As for your opinion on Materazzi? So what hal thought he was god too does that make you guys right b/c he is starting to play awesome? Of course not. You rightly supported him when he was doing terrible but the fact remains that he was not playing well and you cant fault people for pointing that out.

The same goes for Cordoba, he has not been playing top notch recently and hasnt done so at any point in this season or the last one. I really dont see any reason for his contract to be extended fir anything beyond an extra year. Having him under contract until 2010 would be a huge mistake IMO.

You can reply in a good way and present your opinion which i will respect instead of going"Whatever Khaled I know you are referring to me but I dont really care to tell you the truth."

Waleed
07 Feb 07, 20:43
lol so now that materazzi is playing well he desreves to stay and have his contract extended but now that cordoba is underperforming this season only he cant get his contract extended evev tho he has been our best defender in the last 6 years? lol both matrix and cordoba deserve to stay and both deserve to stay until 2010.What makes you think that materazzi's great forum will continue and what makes you think that cordoba's bad form will continue? you dont know but fact is that they are both great players and they deserve to stay.

:wth:

Where did I mention or even imply that Materazzi deserved to have his contract extended? Never, and I still think despite his form that the extension he got after the WC was rushed and ill thought out.

Like everyone else I cant predict the future so I dont know how long the Matrix's good form will last or how long Cordoba will continue to suck. Nor do I really care.

As for Cordoba being our best defender in the past six years? Dont make me laugh Khaled. I am sick and it hurts to laugh this hard. We all know who our best defender was in these past six years, we are just to ashamed to admit it after what he did to us.

also when samuel came our defence improved yes but he wast alone in defence,he also had cordoba who was just as good as him and even better.

Bullshit is spelled B U L L S H I T. Cordoba was not in any way shape or form better than Samuel at any point in the season last year. If anything Cordoba was time an again the player that left Samuel high and dry only for him to save the day. Cordoba's retarded spells of not being able to locate players when they attack and relying on his failing speed to get himself back in the game is well known and pitiful for a player of his experience.

Furthermore why the hell did the team only manage to attain its best defensive record in five years when Samuel came despite having Cordoba present for many of the previous seasons. And dont tell me it is because we played a more defensive game cause god knows Mancini doesnt know shit about proper hardcore defending and Cuper was always superior to him in that department.

Aker il kalam ya Khaled I know you will never agree with me that Cordoba is junk but my opinion of him remains and only gets stronger with each passing game. As I watch him screw up time and again and hand the opposition gold tinged chances on a silver platter I only wonder when you will come to understand my POV.

You can reply in a good way and present your opinion which i will respect instead of going"Whatever Khaled I know you are referring to me but I dont really care to tell you the truth."

Just saw this, you are right, and I apologize, my anger was misdirected, it is this damn cold that is starting to get to me. haak alia ya habibi :D

K.I.
07 Feb 07, 21:44
Because samuel played instead of a shaky materazzi,not instead of cordoba,and also this year,our main duo is cordoba-materazzi up until ivan got injured.

I was just giving materazzi as an example,i dint say you said anything about him,anyways yah you said it best i wont agree with you on this.

haha and no problem man i know we will always disagree on alot of things,thats why i am here for :D

Handoyo
08 Feb 07, 08:47
Ivan should stay because he's Ivan...Period. :stuckup:

Seriously, I think Cordoba can be to us what Costacurta is to Milan. A versatile backup defender who can play in any of the backline. I don't think he's as bad as Waleed described him to be but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to notice that his game has been decreasing steadily over the past few seasons.

I still have purely biased and sentimental reasons that he will regain his form though. :)

Hand;)yo

Stefan
08 Feb 07, 12:35
If Cafe excepts the 4 defender role he should stay else he should go. I hate to dash your hopes Han but cafe relies on speed and he won't regain that. He will continue to struggle with that. As a 4 defender he is fine because they don't have to be consistent but for a starter he has to be consistent and with his skills degreasing this ain't possible.

K.I.
08 Feb 07, 16:02
Yes but until now his speed hasnt decreased,so when this begins to happen we will see and i also think he will regain his form.

Stefan
08 Feb 07, 16:30
Yes but until now his speed hasnt decreased,so when this begins to happen we will see and i also think he will regain his form.

His speed has decreased he is not as quick as he was in cuper's time here. I will be shocked if he regains his great form.

Wallace
08 Feb 07, 20:45
Cordoba without speed is just like Martins at Inter's time without speed. Basically, Cordoba's positioning skills honestly sucks, he always had to use his speed to catch opponents up. I would rather promote Andreolli to 4th defender than try to use Cordoba at his advanced age.

However, his skills don't actually contribute to his contract extension, it's his loyalty to Inter that deserved it.

Suneet
08 Feb 07, 22:44
What about the positive side of growing older??

You people are forgetting that even though he might lose his speed, he will gain more and more experience. Materazzi is a great example of playing better when getting older :D

Andreolli is also great, will be better in future, but you people are just forgetting a player who is perhaps the player who's experienced our highs and lows. Its gross injustice just because for once we have good defenders coming in from our youth ranks.

He has played in almost every stadia in Italy.(big ones I mean, not the Serie Z or the division Jube play in;))

Handoyo
08 Feb 07, 23:40
I honestly think we shouldn't be labelling Cordoba as our 4th choice defender so soon. Had it not been his great form since the World Cup, Matrix was always the one that we picked on.

On current form, yes, he is the worst of the four central defenders we have but we should always base our selection on how well the player perform on the pitch. We should still give Cordoba the chance to play in lesser matches and should he improve his performances while Matrix's or Samuel's or Burdisso's deprove, we should still award Cordoba a starting spot.

I understand that some of you are skeptical about Cordoba, and justifiably so, but I think Cordoba has been harshly and hastily judged. For a player who has been such a great servant for Inter, he deserves more respect and chances. :)

Besides, if I'm not wrong, Maldini's performances in the late 90s and early 00s were poor and people, including Milanisti themselves, were writing him off. However, he regained his form in 02/03 and shut the critics. Even though Cordoba has nothing but a speck of Maldini's positioning ability, I think we should not shut the door on him just because our other 3 defenders have been better.

But, when it's all said and done, what matters most is the best for Inter and if Cordoba can't be that, he should be benched. :)

Hand;)yo