PDA

View Full Version : How did you fall in love with Inter?

Vic
17 Aug 05, 02:54
I have not found a thread were we solely discuss how did it come about for us to be supporting the same club. What brought us to be the passionate fans we are now and what have being the greatest tests that have being endured in your situation. If there is a there were this is already discussed can you plz merge them?

First, I started supporting Inter in 1998. The South American contingency plus Il fenomeno made love the team. I have to admit I was very immature then and I loved eveytime that we were linked to another big player. But it was until our worst transfer market campaing in my eyes that I was outraged by the players we brought in. With Lippi in charge and the CL final being played in Milan Moratti wanted Inter to make it and spent big, We already had Vieri and Ronaldo but were both injured. We sold Baggio, Peruzzi and bought Sukur, Keane. Those are the players that come to mind right now. Those players failed to not only qualify to the CL but to save our pride against Milan then coached by Tardelli. After that I only wanted samrt moves I did care about big names as much. Despite having gone worst previous to the Lippi era to me this was the lowest point.

I became more attached to the club when I moved countries, my natal Colombia for Australia. Since we had lots of foreigners in our club and even ended up buying Ivan Ramiro and after our horror year with Tardelli we had Cuper who took us from shambles into the heights we were supposed to be at, pitty he is not a coahc taht plays to win but he indeed fixed the team.

Now after almost 7 years of supporting this club, what I admire most are our values which are clearly reflected through our Captain, owner and president. Those three guys are just a class act and truly show what Internazionale FC is about.

:star: FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE :star:

minterke
17 Aug 05, 03:15
Well said man you truly are dedicated fan. :)

Unfortunetaly in 1998 (even though I supported Inter) I was merely 8 years old and didnt understand football as I do today. But the main reason I supported them is because my family supports them so I continued tradition. It was later on when I realised why my family supports them because no other thing can bring me as much joy as Inter and I support them with pride no matter how bad things can get. Vieri used to be my favourite player as child because I was also a die hard Azzuri fan and he was every little kid's hero.

I never miss any Inter game's unless they cannot be shown on television and I really try to find a stream if not I listen to any commentary I can find. I may not have as much experience as many of the people on this forum but like I said I'm only 15 and I try my best to beat the shit out of any little Milan or Juve gino's at my school who disrespect what I stand for.

FORZA INTER :star:

snake
17 Aug 05, 03:16
how? for me it was Ronaldo.

KaiokenFlash
17 Aug 05, 03:23
Exactly the same with me Helal.

When I saw Ronaldo in the 1998 Uefa, I instantly fell in love with inter. But, now I have come to respect the club more than it's players.

Vic
17 Aug 05, 03:58
Ronaldo to me was the icing on the cake. Being South American I wanted to support South Americans. :) Lukily they are the most loyal to our team. During my time loving Inter I sort of support Italy but now Its hard since I don't appreciate Lippi too much.

nugran78
17 Aug 05, 07:31
I've been a fan since 93, and the reason for falling in love was... I don't know. Norwegian TV2 was showing Italian football back then, and I saw most of the matches. My heart pounded faster whenever Inter played, and they did have some great players back then, Sosa, Bergomi, Berti... Eventually, by the 94WC I hoped Italy would win, and I realised that Inter had taken over for Liverpool as my team of choice. For me it wasn't a single player, but the feeling you get watching their games.

brehme1989
17 Aug 05, 10:10
I stated supporting Inter right after the first UEFA cup Final. I could barely walk back then, but I had already picked some of my teams(local,Greek, Barcelona,Liverpool and Inter). I don't know really why, but I liked Inter. I haven't been in real touch with Inter for many years since European championships started to be broadcasted in 1996 here, and there was only 1 game per week. And you know that back then there were 6-7 big clubs. My emotions became greater when I was in Italy, in Milano 3 days before the Lazio-Inter game in 2002 and saw all those people "dressing up" Duomo square, scarfs all over the place etc etc. On the matchday, I was in Bologna for the Euroliga, and the game wasn't broadcasted in the hotel. I could only follow it by Rai. I remember that I cried on that day, even if I didn't know what was going on coz it was in Italian. The only thing I knew was that Ronaldo had came out quite early(he had just recovered), that Simeone who was an Inter idol has scored a goal against us, and that 80.000 people, half of which were Inter fans and the other half were Laziali, were rooting for us. And that no one except the Lazio players celebrated their goals. What pissed me off was the fact that Roma-Juve are their big rivals and they let them have a "tittle shot", and that Lazio was 8th, and could go no higher or lower in the table.

Wallace
17 Aug 05, 10:30
it was ronaldo AND recoba that brought me to inter as well :) saw El Chino's debut against Brescia..2 goals ...that 40yards stroke was astonishing enough to fall in love with inter immediately..and ronaldo was really amazing in that year..

brehme1989
17 Aug 05, 10:35
Every one was amazing on that year...

Enricos
17 Aug 05, 10:44
Well yeah, sadly enough, it was Ronaldo who brought me here in 1998... The little kid I was back then (11 years old :p)

Maybe I should be thankful to him for that :p

Adriano@10
17 Aug 05, 11:06
well first it was my famili but then i only liked inter and when i saw ronaldo i just loved inter

scutzon
17 Aug 05, 11:58
The way I fell in love with Inter has got to be the funniest one yet.

I started playing Winning Eleven 5 on the Playstation around two or three years ago. I always used Italy since I've always liked them. I wasn't too familiar with all the players though. Anyway, this guy called Christian Vieri couldn't stop scoring. He practically scored in every match. Yeah. So I decided to check him up on the internet. Found that he was an Inter player. I became a fan of Vieri, and thus paid more attention to how he was doing.

Naturally, I soon got more interested in Inter too, and voila, I became an Inter fan. I always liked to support the 'underdogs' in soccer, like how I like Southampton. ;)

Been around two years since I became an Inter fan now. And I'm proud of it! :fero:

intermilansg
17 Aug 05, 13:46
I wasnt into club football much back then mainly interested only in the Argentina National Team. The first thing that that got me notice about Inter was when the Maradona led Argie team lost to Germany in Italia 90. I notice many protaganist for the German team played for a certain team call Internazionale.

Anyway Italia 90 bought me into the Calcio. When I started watching I liked several teams including Roma, Inter, Genoa. In 95 a young Argentinian took the league by storm with his tremendous runs down the flank and from then on I started noticing that Inter team more and that bought me to support the Nerazurri.

Cro Nerazzurro
17 Aug 05, 16:48
i think it was 98 year, year more or less..

and i was watching seria a highlights , and there was inter game that inter draw or won but it was 2-2 or 3-2 i think. and inter was 15th in league that time..or 14th, and they finished as 2nd or 3th

i think recoba was first name i loved. i become ronaldo fan,i loved zamorano,vieri.

i remember saying my friend that i will support inter until moratti is there
now nothing would change my mind, as iam interista till death

interista
17 Aug 05, 21:59
INTER IS IN MY DNA...nothing else :D

Ali 2004
17 Aug 05, 22:17

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Miki
17 Aug 05, 22:18
Well, i guess the romantic version would be that Inter chose me to be a fan. But the reality isn't quite so nice. Let me begin..

It was 10 years ago when i realised that football was a game so huge that i could no longer simply keep up with it via random matches and newspaper articles. I then decided i wanted to support an Italian team for reasons that Italia was my favorite national team. I liked blue (and black) and Inter Milan sounded like a nice, cool name and that was how i began my love affair with Inter.

Times were hard all these years, not only because of the results but also because of the games. I have never missed a single Inter game, either by television broadcasts or by radio. This has well and truly affected my sleeping patterns as the games are shown at either 9pm/10pm for the afternoon slot games or at 2:30/3:30 for the evening games. Therefore, there have been many a time where i ended up going to school or work without any sleep at all. While this has taken a toll on me, i never once ever considered that i could ever give up watching or following the matches.

Inter is more than just a football club. It is an entity that once chosen, will forever be your eternal partner. Through Inter, i have met some of my best friends around and i feel glad that if and when we win the scudetto, i will be celebrating it with some of the best Inter fans around. :)

Ciao,
Tim

Fedaykin
17 Aug 05, 23:28
First of all hello to all Inter fans on this forum . I wanted to make my first post on this thread . Inter has been my soul team since i was 7 years old and started playing football . Walter Zenga was best goalkeeper in the world . Other legendary players were Bergomi , Brehme , Berti , Matthaeus and Klinsman back in 1991 . Giovanni Trapattoni was mister . Inter won Uefa cup that year i got to watch every game and soon realised it is the only foreign team for me .
Have seen alot of great players pass Inter but most memorable for me were/are Zenga , Bergomi , Berti , Zanetti and Cordoba .

AdriOba
18 Aug 05, 00:40
I used to watch every Ronaldo match when he was playing for Barca ... and then he came to Inter ... since there i was an Inter fan ... it's very funny cuz i used to be a Juventus Fan ... but no so strong fan ... now Inter is in my heart ... Inter is the club i like the most ...

Sisenando
18 Aug 05, 16:09
Well, it was simple for me...

Woke up one day, and saw this really cool team with a huge stadium on tv. I was fascinated with the word Pirelli, and even named my late turtle Pirelli. My cousin was a roma fan and he kept saying how beautiful Italian soccer was as opposed to the English game which is much rougher and hugely popular. I wanted to be different from the mainstream audience and i still can't explain why. I loved Recoba alot, with his deadly freekicks, i sometimes wonder why he never gets as much publicity as Beckham.
:lick:
However, one player which really caught my eye was Javier Zanetti. He kept on running and running and running!! He showed such commitment I couldn't find in other teams! I was like, Oh My! I gotta support this team. A few years later though, Roma won the title and i started seeing quite few Roma jerseys walking on the streets. I thought I was alone. That was when I went to my man, Tim's home. I saw this beautiful Capitano jersey in his living room, and thus I realised I was not alone! This is the club for me. Sophisticated. Stylish. Eloquent. Exceptionnaly beautiful. :lick:

Fabio
18 Aug 05, 16:18
Cuore Negro Sangue Blu...

Fabio :)

Stefan
18 Aug 05, 19:42
I just inter play in once in serie a it was the second game I ever saw of serie a the first was the lazio vs parma where mancini scored that great goal. I just fell in love with the colours and the team and ever since I have been hooked. Or proudly cursed. :D

interista
18 Aug 05, 20:14

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

we were born interistas :D

ROAR
18 Aug 05, 20:30
I started to Love INTER since 1985 the days of BARESI , RUMMENIGGE , BERGOMI , BECCALOSSI , ALTOBELLI....

Why since 1985?? coz my Father is INTER FAN ;)

Miki
18 Aug 05, 21:54
However, one player which really caught my eye was Javier Zanetti. He kept on running and running and running!! He showed such commitment I couldn't find in other teams! I was like, Oh My! I gotta support this team. A few years later though, Roma won the title and i started seeing quite few Roma jerseys walking on the streets. I thought I was alone. That was when I went to my man, Tim's home. I saw this beautiful Capitano jersey in his living room, and thus I realised I was not alone! This is the club for me. Sophisticated. Stylish. Eloquent. Exceptionnaly beautiful. :lick:
I'm glad i played my part in your early Interista years. :D

The Inter fans in Singapore, at least the real ones, are few and far between. The good thing is, they are all found on this forum. :P

Ciao,
Tim

Pravesh
19 Aug 05, 03:55
My Inter love started in a very interesting manner. Well, I had heard alot about Ronaldo and wanted to watch him play. Frankly, I rarely used to have interest in watching football. But then in the 98 UEFA Final day, I finally did watch Ronaldo's first game in an Inter shirt {my first Inter match}.

The thing now I am gonna tell you guys are gonna shock you.
1-0, 2-0 ... I was like - what the heck is happening !! Ronaldo is a striker and he hasn't scored yet; is he really a good player ?? How come other players of different positions score as well ?? :D

That was just the beginning of my Inter adventure and the black-gray jersey attracted me towards the club. No wonder, I so much love that jersey. Thankg god, the current third jersey of ours kinda same.

It was also the win against Lazio which made me Inter fan. :D
Had we not won that game, it could had been a different story. We won and I started following Inter more and more. But it wasn't till 2003, only when I got to watch Inter's second match after coming to Beijing. Even though I didn't get to watch Inter's matches for 4/5 years, I did use to follow inter's news and results via internet, newspapers, sports news {CNN} ... It was just a love in first sight. Thankfully, I came to Beijng, where I am able to watch almost all Inter's matches.

May 5th 2002 was the worst year being an Inter fan as we all know. And yeah, I am still waiting for the Scudetto, as I don't know how it feels like winning it. :proud:

btw, just let me tell that I hate Ronaldo like hell since he betrayed us.

:star:

CurvaNord
20 Aug 05, 06:18
My story begins in 1988...In these years Milan had Riijkard,Van Basten and Gullit...and they were verypopular among my closest friends...almost veryone supports Milan because of these players...I'm from Turkey and also in these years Turkish fooftball was very very bad...We couldnt make it World Cup or Euro Championships...so in these big tournaments i always supported German Team...because lothar mattheus and jurgen klinsmann were my favourite...and then one day i saw in a newspaper that Lothar joined Inter...from that day i gave my heart Inter...

In my first season as a supporter,nerazzuris won the scudetto...but it is the only championship i saw...I hopr we can brring the title again Meazza...

Jonnie_Venom89
20 Aug 05, 22:05
I liked Inter since 2002......you know Lazio :yuck: ............and then i thought i have made a mistake following Inter..........and i said to myself "Hell i'll wait till next year to see what Inter does till then".................The Man that made me fall completlly in love with Inter was Crespo.........i still remember the Inter--Ajax game.........Chivu was a defender at Ajax(he is one of the favourite players here in my country:P) and everyone looked at Ajax's young team back then...................well crespo with his great strike in the dieing minuts at the San Siro made me a Inter Fan 4 ever......................

Jonnie_Venom89
20 Aug 05, 22:05
I liked Inter since 2002......you know Lazio :yuck: ............and then i thought i have made a mistake following Inter..........and i said to myself "Hell i'll wait till next year to see what Inter does till then".................The Man that made me fall completlly in love with Inter was Crespo.........i still remember the Inter--Ajax game.........Chivu was a defender at Ajax(he is one of the favourite players here in my country:P) and everyone looked at Ajax's young team back then...................well crespo with his great strike in the dieing minuts at the San Siro made me a Inter Fan 4 ever......................

Luis
21 Aug 05, 13:59
My story started when i watched an italian serie a match and i saw a charismatic defender who defend like there is no goalkeeper. That night i learnt that his name is Bergomi.

Time goes on and bring me to that notorious juve-INTER match which brought juve to a scudetto. I felt like, the hell with this fcukers, they cheated their way to the title. FCUK! i shall support INTER because they deserve the title more than those filthy team with black and white colors.

And thats how i love INTER, up till now. And that also explains how i hate juve, up till now and forever more.

Luis

interista
22 Aug 05, 00:04
but seriosly I have no idea how I became interista...I think its really in my DNA :D I dont even rememeber when I start liking them, but what I remembmer made me addictive is this case...

I was 8 or something, I already supported inter but it was not love yet..I was visitng milan with my parents, I did not live there yet....I bought new inter shirt with ronaldo on the back(number 9, man I felt like a pimp)..so I quickly put it on...I was so proud to walk with this shirt...and while walking I remember half of people smiling to me and other half being assholes :D It felt really good and proud to walk in the city with inter shirt.... thanks god I became interista...Its one of the best things that happened to me...and belive me guys the longer we wait for scudetto, sweeter will be the victory...FORZA INTER FOREVER

BLACK AND BLUE IS MY HEART

Perttu10
26 Aug 05, 19:35
For me there were tworeasons.

1. I fell in love with Zamorano in 94 world cup.

2.I realized that Zamorano plays for inter. I fell in love with inter in 97 uefa cup

Actually I really started to watch football at 97.Before that I was more into Hockey.,

interista7
04 Oct 05, 12:10
I support Inter since 1990 because of Mattheus and Brehme.
Germany won the WorldCup back then, Mattheus was #1 and Brehme scored the penalty in the final against Argentina
I remember watching this games with my older brother,he told me that they are playing in an Italian team called Inter.

That was it! :heart:

Handoyo
04 Oct 05, 12:36
I always can't believe that you can choose which club to fall in love with. What we can do, is to choose which club to support or like. I chose Inter in 99/00 after Vieri joined and I thought they're gonna be big. Yes, sounds kinda glory-hunter, I must say. ;) I supported even more after watching a VCD of Ronaldo's exploit in France 98.

But I believe it was some other force out there that made me fall in love with Inter. Be it God, Prisco, Meazza or Inter itself but I was finally attached to the club and will never leave it. Strangely, events such as 5 May 02 or the first EuroDerby loss only made that love grow stronger. I admit that there were times I was pondering that my life would be much better if I'm not an Interista since it brings so much wounds & scars but I can't leave Inter even if I want too, just like I couldn't choose Inter to be the club I should love.

Hand;)yo

primo-inter
04 Oct 05, 13:44
I started to like Inter when I was very young... I watched Italian football every Sunday morning on the small little highlights show we used to have.. then I saw Inter play and I loved them... I saw Recoba score a beautiful free kick and show his passion when celebrating. Then I decided, this team is good. Then I saw Javier Zanetti score a great goal and he started kissing the shirt, and I was like.. "wow, that is true passion and love". Then I start to like Inter.

Co-incidentally I went to Italy one year later and it turns out all my relatives from the part when my family is from supports either Milan or Inter. Obviously these are the 2 big clubs in Lombardia... so it turned out to be a good decision. I then had a tour of the STADIO GIUSEPPE MEAZZA and I knew I loved this team. Watching Ronaldo made me love it even more and I was obsessed with him because he was THE BEST back then. Fast, skillful, regularly scoring...

Then I just followed it and visited inter.it all the time and kept up to date with the club. Then when Ronaldo left I thought I would start supporting Real Madrid because he was my favourite player (it was after the world cup for gods sake)...... I was still young and dumb, but I never grew to like Real and I stuck with Inter and basically said "fuck Ronaldo"...

I've been on the right path since. I will stay with Inter until I die.

snake
04 Oct 05, 13:50
almsot every body, including me started cause of ronaldo!

Damn you ronnie! lol

Handoyo
04 Oct 05, 14:21

Damn you ronnie! lol
Well, that's just because we're born on the wrong era. :wallbang::stress:

If we were born earlier, we would fall for the likes of Matthaus or Bergomi. :proud::star:

Hand;)yo

Granit
04 Oct 05, 14:23

Damn you ronnie! lol

yea me too...I still like him, he still is one of the best!
I hope he will be back one day :proud:

primo-inter
04 Oct 05, 14:51
f-ck Ronnie. You should all be ashamed to even admit he was the reason you started to like inter.... I am ashamed that I liked Ronaldo so much.

shahz_nerazzurri
04 Oct 05, 21:08
Actaully some of us started to likle inter because of vieri.
I had lived with italians most of my life, and became friends with them, i had started watching international football in 92, when i was only 6, and with all these italians surronding me, i beacme an azzurri fan immediatly. i remeber we had a big party after milan won the cl, we had a great party where i got loads of gifts and stuff, too bad italy lost in the same year in the final of WC, otherwise we would have had a much bigger party again. Then in 98, i started to get into club football, BOBO VIERI became my favorite player, i almost worshipped that guy at that time, and when he moved to inter, I became a big Nerrazzuri and its always been like that since.

Granit
04 Oct 05, 21:32
f-ck Ronnie. You should all be ashamed to even admit he was the reason you started to like inter.... I am ashamed that I liked Ronaldo so much.

I know...But that is the truth :( :cry:

AMCD
05 Oct 05, 12:42
It was the late 90's for me that made me an Inter fan. Playing football the way it should be with strikers scoring goals of high quality. It was around this time that Serie A was getting coverage on TV where I live.

Followed them through the years and they were getting more coverage than other Italian teams because of players from the UK like Keane and Ince.....though they never established themselves as great players for the team.

Then with Ryanair introdcing flights to Milan I got the chance to see them for myself and it had me hooked. A crowd who could raise the hairs on your neck with the atmosphere created. Unforgettable.

Many more years of going to watch the team are planned and introduce my son to a football heaven when he is old enough to appreciate it.

Forza Inter

primo-inter
05 Oct 05, 13:04
Followed them through the years and they were getting more coverage than other Italian teams because of players from the UK like Keane and Ince.....though they never established themselves as great players for the team.

correct me if I'm wrong but Keane is not from the UK is he?

Granit
05 Oct 05, 13:09

He/they(Roy and Robbie) are from Ireland

Handoyo
05 Oct 05, 13:43
Keane is not from England, he's from Republic of Ireland. But, Republic of Ireland is a part of the United Kingdom.

Maybe that's what got you confused?

Hand;)yo

primo-inter
05 Oct 05, 15:04
Keane is not from England, he's from Republic of Ireland. But, Republic of Ireland is a part of the United Kingdom.

Maybe that's what got you confused?

Hand;)yo

hahaha no... I'm not confused at all.

Republic : a government having a chief of state who is not a monarch and who in modern times is usually a president

UK's chief of state is a monarch - the queen.

Therefore, the Republic of Ireland is separate to UK.

Handoyo
05 Oct 05, 15:13
D@mn! I confused it with Northern Ireland. :dielaugh::embarass:

Keir
05 Oct 05, 17:50
I think that AMCD was meaning that Keane was brought from the UK as in from Coventry.

AMCD
06 Oct 05, 07:54
Thats exactly what I meant!

As he was UK based the media had a great interest in him and were comparing his performances in the English and Italian games and informing of us of his "progress" in Serie A

davidRecoba
06 Oct 05, 16:08
How did I fall in love with inter?
my dad and my bro was (and until now i think) a Milan fan since 90s (after Van Basten era). I was around 6-10 years at that time (I forget), didnt know and didnt like watching soccer, I only liked playing it. What I knew was AC Milan were the greatest team and must be supported (becoz my bro and my friend liked Milan). Then when I wanted to support Milan too, they said that I was only following them.

Then one day I played SEGA game (FIFA 97) as Inter. I found this club was good. Then I tried to watch the match, and I dont know why I felt in love with Inter (it's the year when Recoba was loaned to Venezia), and after I knew that Recoba was Inters, I felt deeper and here I am with Inter in my heart.

Barbas
07 Oct 05, 13:03
it was in 1990, when germany won the WC. i've always been a germany fans, perhaps bcoz their determination in game. at that time, milan dominated serie A, i guess, with van basten, gullit and rijkaard.

so i decided to pick their arc rivals, inter, as my favorite club. bcoz i always like the one who after success than the one who already in success (read scudetto). and inter had matthaeus, and brehme+klinsmann be4 that. pretty weird ha. :P

the same process went when i chose ferrari as my fave f1 team in 1999 bcoz mclaren won the champs. which has no relation with juve (fiat) owns them. :P :yuck:

since then, i always support inter. no matter who the players are, or the rank in serie A. :dielaugh:

rockball
11 Oct 05, 14:47
its quite strange really

I used to support AC Milan and Paolo Maldini...actually Maldini was the player cos of whom i started loving football.

But somehow my loyalties changed during the CL semi 2 yrs back
I have been a diehard Inter fan since and am very proud of it.

Forza Inter
Forza Zanetti

Juventinos
12 Oct 05, 05:36
Interesting...

09 Jan 06, 10:27
The day I fell in love with INTER ...

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b159/sayakonline/WithInter1.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b159/sayakonline/WithInter2.jpg

And the first time I ever saw Roberto Baggio LIVE in a club match, it was in the INTER shirt after WC1998.

Enricos
09 Jan 06, 11:24
I already said Ronaldo brought my attention to Inter, but faith has to have something to do with it.

See, here in Belgium, I get to see about 2 Inter matches a year (in CL, never Serie A) if Inter gets far enough in CL...

It was 1998-1999, the 1/4 finals of CL: Inter-Man U. The first football game I ever saw on TV, it just can't be a coincidence, I turn on the tv and by accident I see this black and blue team struggling against Man U.
I saw Ronaldo (grrrr :frustrat:) playing and he looked so helpless, I started to pity him (now: hate) and so I started to love Inter :star::star:

Pi
09 Jan 06, 16:31
For me it started in school, in the year of 1995, a friend of mine was crazy about Italian football, and crazy about the German team, so who had the best German players in Italy? INTER. Then I was hooked:D.
What began as an Italian League preference became my number 1 team, how? I do not know, but it just feels right.

kova9
09 Jan 06, 23:08
I always simpatised Inter since I was a kid..That club just seemed different from others..As every kid, I liked attractive players they always had, and they played the game with the same passion,but couldn't win anything..I don't know,I always supported Ferrari also even before Schumi time,and they just couldn't win..And Schumi was my favourite..
Then one day,this boy's dream comes true..One player,his football idol,an icon did some impressive stuff with the ball..But he was at Barca at the time..He watched Barca only because of him,even though he didn't like them very much..And then he came to Inter..The 2 parts become ONE and Ronaldo was at Inter..He WAS Inter..9 years later,the boy is grown up,Interista 4life,but he will never forget his dream,which he owes to Il fenomeno..

DISCO ZZANG
10 Jan 06, 08:55
Since 1994. when Inter win second uefa cup victory. I really like Bergkamp, Jonk and Bergomi. especially Walter Zenga!!!!!! true legend!!!! Bergkamp and Jonk no longer.. shit..

Anyway I can't wait anymore for Scudetto or CL. I really can't wait anymore. I'm all-in this year. if fail? I will forget football. even it's like impossible and like cut off heart and eyes. can't wait anymore .... I believe this year!!!!! plz!!!

Frisko
10 Jan 06, 17:08
Since 1994. when Inter win second uefa cup victory. I really like Bergkamp, Jonk and Bergomi. especially Walter Zenga!!!!!! true legend!!!! Bergkamp and Jonk no longer.. shit..

Anyway I can't wait anymore for Scudetto or CL. I really can't wait anymore. I'm all-in this year. if fail? I will forget football. even it's like impossible and like cut off heart and eyes. can't wait anymore .... I believe this year!!!!! plz!!!
I was at the S Siro that night ZZang, my second ever game at the S Siro, first one at night. Over 83,000 fans. Will never forget it :D

That shot that hit the post twice, the sound was so loud! And that lob from Jonk, the noise was like a bomb going off when we shouted Gooooooo! :proud:

UhUhOleguer
10 Jan 06, 19:24
I was at the S Siro that night ZZang, my second ever game at the S Siro, first one at night. Over 83,000 fans. Will never forget it :D

That shot that hit the post twice, the sound was so loud! And that lob from Jonk, the noise was like a bomb going off when we shouted Gooooooo! :proud:

Guess you talk about the Salzburgo final and the shot from Marquinho. That's one of the Inter games I remember best, as that night I think for the first time in the 90ies almost everyone in Austria was watching football.

Kato
10 Jan 06, 19:34
I don't even remember my 'first' Inter game, I was 2, nearly 3 & apparently all I did was complain of the noise :rolleyes:
For me, Inter are in the family so I guess I just grew up watching them.

Puma
13 Jan 06, 13:44
I started supporting Inter in the early 90s. I think it was straight after World Cup 1990. Being in Australia, live coverage of football was non-existent at the time. I used to watch an hour long highlights package every Sunday morning. The first Sunday I watched, I discovered a team wearing black and blue and I liked them. Every Sunday that followed, I would tune in and follow their progress. One of my earliest memories of that time was watching them in a match against Sampdoria. Perhaps my memory is sketchy but we missed a couple of penalties in one game and Matthaus was carried off on a stretcher. This is going to sound silly but as a little boy I hit the ground in frustration and cried.

Ever since then, I have supported Inter...
Before the internet, I used to stay up past midnight and listen to live Italian Radio. Apart from the scorelines, I did not understand much but I would tune in every Monday morning (Australian time) and listen to the broadcast. They used to go around the grounds and broadcast 5 or so minutes from each match and when a goal was scored it was instantly announced by the commentator calling that game. I would just lay in bed and listen for the commentators of Inter's matches to announce they had taken the lead.

Sixteen years later and I am still supporting them! One day I hope to celebrate a championship or a champions league victory as an Inter supporter.

Inter101
23 Feb 06, 00:16
Hi all.

First of all since I'm from canada, I had to wait a while before I got to know any thing about soccer (better known as football everywhere else in the world). It was when i came to egypt with my dad that got to know the sport better. I started playing some street football (that's the only place they play anyway lol) with egyptians and others from different parts of africa.

Then the football gaming era started for me. Since i wasn't good on the street (I was often in goal, I'll kick they're ass in football now) I found out they made soccer games (whoa!). I bought fifa 2003 for PS1 and me and my friends played it like hell. I always had trouble finding the right team until a stranger beat me with Inter. We played 5 more times (oh how I remember that day Inter was revealed to me) and he beat me again and again. Recoba was outstanding in all of them and I wondered how me or the others never played with this team. After that I picked them like a madman.

Inter Milan. I bought they're jersey and hardly took it off. Inter was a revelation from above. Then I started to follow their results online.Of course I didn't have a clue about real life Inter, they're history, and they're sad recent history. I thought they we're the kind of team that racked in 50 trophies a year. I thought Recoba, conceisao, vieri, ventola where the worlds best players, shows how much I knew. The real inter the total opposite. Right now Adriano's probably the biggest name for non-inter fans, while the rest (zanetti, recoba, cordoba .........) are your average players. The real Inter's a heart ache. Like last month, We were about to catch juve, 6 points above milan and u know the rest.

But Inter fans are much like cocaine addicts, one moment they're on top of the world, nothing can stop them, they've got no worries. But then after that they're right back where they were before, in despair. wondering what went wrong, what they did to deserve it. They both think they'll stop. always next year for Inter, always the last sniff for addicts. Rehab is the only way out. Coke addicts are doomed but not Inter. Why? Because we have hope. And money.And there's always next year.

google
23 Feb 06, 02:27
a good article.
how long have you been an inter fan?
are you a Muslim? I like many interest of place in Egypt.
thanks

23 Feb 06, 16:46
nice post, but we have an existing topic on this in General Inter Stuff.

Han, i feel u shud merge this one.

NimAraya
23 Feb 06, 16:54
I don't remember!:D

23 Feb 06, 19:04
I don't remember!:D
here ...

http://www.javierzanetti.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1745

Inter101
23 Feb 06, 23:30
nice post, but we have an existing topic on this in General Inter Stuff.

Han, i feel u shud merge this one.

never knew.They should seriously let us delete posts and threads.

Inter101
23 Feb 06, 23:45
In my first season as a supporter,nerazzuris won the scudetto...but it is the only championship i saw...I hopr we can brring the title again Meazza...

lucky you.

Well, it was simple for me...

Woke up one day, and saw this really cool team with a huge stadium on tv. I was fascinated with the word Pirelli, and even named my late turtle Pirelli. My cousin was a roma fan and he kept saying how beautiful Italian soccer was as opposed to the English game which is much rougher and hugely popular. I wanted to be different from the mainstream audience and i still can't explain why. I loved Recoba alot, with his deadly freekicks, i sometimes wonder why he never gets as much publicity as Beckham.

lol:howler:
I force my parents to buy pirelli tires.hope milan or realM doesnt steal our sponsors.

Did anyone notice that usually players attract most of these fans to Inter? mostly recoba and ronaldo? (probably adriano now and mattheus and bergomi back then).and also their colors and name and country?

24 Feb 06, 00:15
no need to delete, Han wur probably merge the threads when he is available.

He is a busy man these days, u know.

il magnifico
24 Feb 06, 01:51
I was living in Venice a couple of years ago and i had the oppurtunity to see a two serie a games. One was Juve v Chievo in Torino, the other was Inter v Bologna at San Siro. the Juve game was fun, it was my first game experience, but i fell in love with Inter and havent looked back. no complaints here. c'e' solo l'inter

robson ponte
24 Feb 06, 14:31
I started watching football from the wc '98. I was only 8 years old and Ronaldo was the best player back then. When I saw him on tv in Brazil jersey I immediately fell in love.:D

Later that summer I was in Italy for a trip. Me and my dad were walking by a jersey store. I so wanted to buy Ronaldo's Brazil jersey but there weren't any.
My dad suggested me to buy his Inter jersey. Back then I didn't watch club football, I just knew the names of bigger teams but not their players.

I said what the heck and bought the jersey. Since that day I've been following Inter and soon become a diehard fan.

But nowdays Ronaldo is just a worthless piece of shit to me. The only thing he ever done good is that he made me an Inter fan(like many of us).

Btw I'm still keeping that old small jersey with no.10 on the back.
Don't know why.:P