PDA

View Full Version : Past captains of F.C. Internazionale Milano

21 Aug 05, 11:10
Well after JZ's first major trophy ( Cordoba lifted d Coppa Italia ) as d skipper of Inter I really felt how less I know bout our captains of yesteryears :( ... so I decided to open this thread ...

Does anyone have a complete list of d people who has been our captain over d years ?

I want to know bout Captains ... not guys putting on d captain's armband when the skipper went off d field !!!

Handoyo
22 Aug 05, 11:13
I'm not sure if the list is complete but the following players have, I believe, at lease once led Inter to a match in the past 5 years as the captain. Javier Zanetti
Ivan Cordoba
Christian Vieri
Ronaldo
Marco Materazzi
Luigi Di Biagio (?)
Alvaro Recoba (?)Maybe the veterans like Jimmy, Tim or Catanha can enlighten us more. ;)

Hand;)yo

Stefan
23 Aug 05, 18:41
Giuseppe Bergomi was the captain when we won the uefa cup in 1997.

minterke
24 Aug 05, 00:12
Let's say Javier Zanetti retires from Inter at 35 (in 3 years from now even though he'll probably retire at 40 lol). Cordoba will be 31, which means he wont be wearing that armband for too long either.

So after Cordoba, who should wear it? Cambiasso? Adriano? Stankovic? OBA!?!

Vic
24 Aug 05, 04:54
I think that I have even seing Matrix with it aswell as Bobo. Ronaldo was our Captain at one stage but I can't recall any new ones.

After Cordoba I give my vote to Cambiasso. :star: :)

Handoyo
24 Aug 05, 08:19
Although this scenario seems very unlikely, if ever Javier Zanetti's fitness fail him, than I think that it would wise for the team to select a new captain. This is because the captain of the team must be the player who is likely to play the most games in a season. Being a gentleman that he is, I am confident that he is a very reasonable man and would let the captain's armband willingly.

I do not mean to disrespect Il Capitano though. But this has been done in the past. For example, when Anfoulio Cunte handed the captain's armband to Alessandra DoPe.

But like I said, considering how Superman-esque Javier Zanetti is, this is very unlikely to ever happen. ;)

Hand;)yo

Vic
24 Aug 05, 10:34
Han, we may have this discussion in 3 years time but not now. The captain should be J.Zanetti and his obvious succesor is Iván Ramiro Café Colombia.

Back in the topic Farinos was captain once maybe even Toldo but I don't know whether they were friendlies.

primo-inter
24 Aug 05, 12:41
After J.Z it should be Cordoba, then Cambiasso.

Opeum
26 Aug 05, 09:44
recoba? when did he became inter's captain?

Handoyo
26 Aug 05, 16:25
recoba? when did he became inter's captain?I honestly can't remember the occasion, Faith. But I do have a vague memory of him leading the squad once. :confused: He has definitely led the squad in some friendly matches though.

Hand;)yo

30 Aug 05, 17:14
We r not getting anywhere with this topic ; maybe we shud transfer it to Le Grande Inter

what does Don Han feel ? :)

NeRanZurri
30 Aug 05, 17:29
Cambiasso if he stays and keep on with the good form. CZ if he will stay maybe, maybe Veron but i think that Veron will go in two years to the Argetninian league or something, maybe Adriano if he is capable to do this.

Handoyo
30 Aug 05, 18:13
We r not getting anywhere with this topic ; maybe we shud transfer it to Le Grande Inter

what does Don Han feel ? :)
Sure, I've changed the topic's title too, so people would get it easily. ;)

Frisko
30 Aug 05, 20:46
Remember that friendly game when freakin Pasquale was our captain? :D

Roberto
30 Aug 05, 20:47
:dielaugh: pasquale

Stefan
31 Aug 05, 19:40
Coco was the captain for 1 copa italia game. :D

M.Adnan
04 Sep 05, 06:47
I'll give the Captain after Zanetti , Crodoba and Recoba .. to Cambiasso , he deserves it .. even Pizarro deserves it ..

Jimmy
04 Sep 05, 12:32
Apparently Recoba will be the captain now when Zanetti is injured, if he's on the field. And after him it is Cordoba.

Ronaldo took over the armband when Bergomi retired, but that was for only one season and he was injured almost the entire season, so Zanetti got it and kept it.

Frisko
04 Sep 05, 12:39
I know Recoba is the player who's been with us the longer, but I really don't think he should be the captain ahead of Cordoba. Leadership abilities between the 2 are just way in favour of Cafe'.

Handoyo
04 Sep 05, 13:09
Apparently Recoba will be the captain now when Zanetti is injured, if he's on the field. And after him it is Cordoba.

Ronaldo took over the armband when Bergomi retired, but that was for only one season and he was injured almost the entire season, so Zanetti got it and kept it.
Source Jimmy, source, please. :D

Jimmy
04 Sep 05, 13:17
The meeting Mancini and co. had with Nerazzurri Svedesi when they were in Varberg. So it's the words from Mancini himself.

minterke
10 Sep 05, 01:21
I would pick Adriano ahead of Cambiasso as captain. One reason is because the team depends on Adriano alot, Mancini always says it. Adriano is the difference-maker in our team and giving him the role of a captain will only improve the great player that he is today :D

17 Nov 05, 09:55
So we can't come up with a complete list of Inter's captains over the years ? :rolleyes:

i really hoped that our Italian brothers wud do a little research and enlighten us ...since there is little info on the English sites ... but everyone is concerned bout who the nxt captain will be :wallbang: :rollani:

this SUXXX :thumbsdo:

17 Nov 05, 10:06
Atleast now i have got who was our first captain back in 1908 when the club was founded Hernst Manktl

Jake
29 Dec 05, 18:07
So we can't come up with a complete list of Inter's captains over the years ? :rolleyes:

So how about making one. Let's put our wise heads together and start working. And let's exclude vice captains like Cordoba, Vieri, Materazzi, Coco, Ventola...

Javier Zanetti
Giuseppe Bergomi
Alessandro Altobelli
Giuseppe Baresi
Giacinto Facchetti
Sandro Mazzola
Armando Picchi
Virgilio Fossati I
Hernst Manktl

Those are the ones I remembered straight away. I'll edit the list later and add years (if possible). Now I need your help mates.

Tanel
29 Dec 05, 18:19
I'm pretty sure that Giacinto Facchetti was one of the captains. :)

kova9
29 Dec 05, 19:09
J.Zanetti
RONALDO
J.Zanetti
G.Bergomi
LOOL... :D

Hisham 10
24 Jul 06, 09:00
who do you think should take the heir of the great Javier? after he retires?

Forza ragazzi
25 Jul 06, 20:32
Hard to predict as there are to many variables to consider. How long will Javier play? Who's at the club then? etc. Ask when Javier's done. Now it's not a theme for dicussion. Forza Capitano!

micah ken
03 Aug 06, 15:50
?

micah ken
03 Aug 06, 15:51
Materazzi??? he is too old.. he's not absolute first team..
Cordoba??? for now yes he's 2nd captain but he's too old.. can't be Inter next captain.. maybe yes but only 1 year..
Samuel..?? nope
Grosso.. he's just arrived... no..
Maicon.. ?? lack of experienced and he is a new player
that's belong to maxwell too...
Cuchu..?? maybe Yes... he hv much of influenced to the team and he's argentinian also just like our present Captain..
Vieira.. no.. he's 30 and new..
Cesar, Solari, Figo and Dacourt?? nope..
Deki.. maybe yes but.. hmm... ?? dunno yet.. i prefer Cuchu...
Recoba..?? already 30 and he is not first team..
Martins.. nope..
Cruz!! yucK!!! :yuck:
Adriano 'Imperatore' Leite Ribeiro... ???
heLL yeaHH... for me only those two.. cuChu and Adriano... but i prefer Adriano bcoz he's now on the mascot of inter.. inter fans and whole team is seems depend on him.. and he hv huge charisma also.. maybe he must improve.. improve in characters, hardwork n skills.. and he will be a perfect choice.. but pls Adriano.. prove it.. get your hardwork n WE WILL VOTE YA!!! :boogy:

Executioner
03 Aug 06, 18:52
A good captain would be Grosso

Michal
03 Aug 06, 19:03
Wasn't Diego Simeone our captain during his first season in Inter? I am not sure if it was because of injured Javier but I can remember him with captain's stripe...:)

Hasan
03 Aug 06, 22:37
I remember even Simic%Helveg like capitans in Copa games. Next without doubt should be Adriano.

Lamb of God
04 Aug 06, 09:29
what about giacinto faccheti if im not mistaken he was captain of inter and the all time best italian leftback.

Wallace
04 Aug 06, 11:21
Wasn't Diego Simeone our captain during his first season in Inter? I am not sure if it was because of injured Javier but I can remember him with captain's stripe...:)

Diego Simeone's first season was in 97/98 if I am not mistaken, which Bergomi was still there. Vice captain was Pagliuca whenver Bergomi was unavailable, so I guess it was just a coincidence.

Alex de Large
08 Aug 06, 22:35
JZ will be the Inter captain for all the next years, thinking about a future? well, recoba, cordoba, matrix and toldo will retire before JZ so forget about them, so the logic for the team will be stankovic cause he would be the most older in inter but also forget about him cause when JZ retires he will be around 31 years.

so we only have cambiasso and adriano, 2 players i hope they stay many years more.

brehme1989
11 Aug 06, 13:05
Our next captain isn't here yet....

Cambiasso would be more suitable for captain than Adriano, and Stankovic wouldn't be a bad option either.

Pajo
11 Aug 06, 13:07
Yeah, i think Cambiasso will be great as captain. He is always cakm, has pasion, and is great player. He would be great leader, better then Adri.

ronaldo9
16 Aug 06, 13:08
Paul Ince captained the team as well on a few occasions, he was good player for us, but his wife wanted to go back to England and thats why he left. He was best mates with Massimo Paganin IIRC.