PDA

View Full Version : Esteban Cambiasso

Gismo
27 Apr 04, 14:48
Since it seems very likely that he will arrive in the summer I thought we could have a thread about his move to Inter here. Then we can discuss it in here! :)

Inter will sign Cambiasso
Tuesday 27 April, 2004
Real Madridís Esteban Cambiasso will sign for Inter at the end of this season, says his agent.

The midfielder has been linked with the Italian side for some time but talk had suggested that a deal may have collapsed.

Yet his representative, Peppino Tirri, maintains that the Argentine will be wearing the Nerazzurri shirt next season.

"The agreement with Inter is in place," Tirri told Calciomercato.com. "There has been no breakdown and the move will happen.

"We have an excellent relationship with Inter and technical director Marco Branca. The signing of the contract has simply been delayed because of logistical reasons."

The 24-year-old will arrive at the San Siro for nothing as his contract with Real expires this summer.

Cambiasso had also been linked with Milan, Juventus and Arsenal amongst others but heís opted for Inter.

His arrival will subsequently see at least one player from Javier Farinos and Matias Almeyda now leave the club.

Handoyo
27 Apr 04, 15:22
The usual trademark Handoyo respond to these kind of players: Real Madrid can take Cambiasso, turn that 'sum b!tch sideways, shine him up real nice and STICK IT UP THEIR CANDY A$$!!!

Hand:scream:yo

bobati
27 Apr 04, 15:27
Cambiasso is a second hand player we have enough of :yuck: I will hate him until he leaves Inter :fero: :D

MoH
27 Apr 04, 16:54
Actually Cambiasso is a good player, not world renowned Super Star but certainly not a second hand player (Remembers his game against Barcelona) What I am worried about is can he adapt to Seire A and will he improve over time? I repeat what I said he is a good player, but not world renowned and his name will not make other teams shiver with fear. :P

Ziyad
27 Apr 04, 17:15
The guy didnt come yet ,didnt step on a pitch with an Inter shirt and already their is hatred toward him....What kind of hateful mentality is that???

:yuck:

I hope that he comes and adds an element to this team and maybe with Lamouchi leaving and maybe Farinos or Almeyda one of them gone he will be a positive upgrade at that position.For Inters sake at least

Pod
27 Apr 04, 18:27
If Almeyda,Lamouchi and maybe Farinos will leave he will be useful as backup player.

Riku
27 Apr 04, 20:16
Just what we need to do: Sell our reserves and buy some more reserves to cover for them. :rolleyes: Then we`ll expect them to start performing immediately, when they get to play in every fifth game or so. Just like with Lamouchi. I have nothing against Cambiasso really, he`s a decent player, but he just won`t add anything to our team. Moratti and his gang should for once focus on quality, not quantity!

Fabio
27 Apr 04, 20:19
To anybody who doesnt know what he looks like:
http://realmadrid.ebony.ro/Echipa/foto/cambiasso.jpg
There you go! ;)

Internazionale
27 Apr 04, 21:26
as long as we get rid of Farinos ill b happy

Ziyad
27 Apr 04, 21:45
as long as we get rid of Farinos ill b happy
IMO Farinos is not the worst at that position he actually had a couple iof good games....Lamouchi however i havent seen anything close to a good performance for me to defend.Farinos wouldnt be so bad to have on the bench.

Hammoudi
27 Apr 04, 23:26
Look at it this way: Cambiasso isn't worse than Farinos, Almeyda or Lamouchi. He is younger and will earn less money, in case you don't know Almeyda earns around $4M a season.

SB9Dragon
27 Apr 04, 23:51
I think that Cambiasso could do well at Inter and would be an upgrade over some of the reserves. Though if Inter truly gets him then we should sell Lamouchi and possibly Farinos as well...

Handoyo
28 Apr 04, 05:04
Yes, Cambiasso may be a better player than Almeyda or Lamouchi or Farinos. But it's easy for us to say: "Get him and sell Farinos!!!" :wth: It's not a secret that it's easier said than done!!! This is not a CM game. In reality, who'd wanna buy Farinos or Lamouchi??? And besides, Almeyda's contract is finished so we have to let him go for free. The last thing we need is just an over-rated and over-paid foreigner sitting on the bench doing nothing but stopping the growth of our young raring-to-go Primavera players!!!

And besides, with Cambiasso joining in, Emre's position is also under threat. Although both of them are not similar, they play in the similar position of central midfielder. And as I've said for the umpteenth time, Beati & Biava are raring to go off the bench. If ever the back-up of Lamochi, Farinos & Almeyda is not enough; we can ask Beati or Biava to step up and play!!! There won't be too many games where our defensive midfielder is so depleted so IMO there is no way we need another player in Cambiasso.

Ziyad: Just because he hasn't step on the pitch wearing the Nerazzurra jersey doesn't mean we can't hate him. His transfer will directly threatened the position of players like Emre (Who's much better), Beati and Biava. And, we have to pay his wage. Why do we need to pay more when we have an abundance of players in the DM position??? As I've said, it's easier said than done to say: "Maybe Lamouchi/Almeyda/Farinos will leave." Me, personally, I'll rather continue with those 3 because it will mean giving them the continuity with Inter. A bench player needs not be as good as their starter and I must say I'm satisfied with Farinos' or Almeyda's performance, considering they're back-ups.

Hand;)yo

Sisenando
28 Apr 04, 06:28
Cambiasso is gonna be another almeyda and we dont need anymore of defensive minded playas. Cambiasso will have a better chance of playing in REAL than here. And if he ever comes here, he will be as valuable as Gaddhefi to Perugia :D :D

Ari
28 Apr 04, 07:04
It looks like Lamouchi and Almeyda going and Cambiasso coming.. I haven't seen him much, but I don't like him if he threatenes Emre's position.. I thought he's going to be back-up for Cristiao.. And if he's really coming, no Emerson, that's sure!

Mixi
28 Apr 04, 10:01
I agree with Handoyo. Signing Cambiasso is totally stupid.

SB9Dragon
28 Apr 04, 11:18
Beati is on loan Han ;)

So I doubt he will come back immediately just to be on the bench again.

Sure Cambiasso can play in that LCM position where Emre plays but its a long season and I doubt that Emre would be benched to start Cambiasso if they are both healthy unless Emre needs rest or such.

If those players are leaving then its a good idea especially since Cambiasso is a free transfer.

And remember, its a big world, there are definately teams that would love to have Farinos and Lamouchi. French teams like Marseille want Lamouchi and Spanish teams want Farinos because they know what those guys are capable off. Remember that Villareal wanted to buy Farinos last time but they were just short on cash so things fell apart? Farinos in Spain isn't the same Farinos here. ;)

SB9Dragon
28 Apr 04, 11:19
We are no linked to Ledesma from Lecce, a centermidfielder I think?

Fabio
28 Apr 04, 14:54
We are linked to Ledesma from Lecce, a centermidfielder I think?

Yes a very young one(and good one)-however I think he is a defensive midfielder! :(

Yes selling 1 or 2 out of Lamouchi/Farinos/Almeyda and buying Cambiasso would be a good move! :star:

Ziyad
28 Apr 04, 17:59
In Team sports once u cant for example improve ur starting lineup u strengthen ur team by improving the subs...This Cambiasso move is just that i think IMO.Since the major player we have in that position is CZanetti.Since we arent upgrading him lets get better YOUNGER talent to replace the likes of Lamouchi,Farinos,or even Almeyda.Whats so bad about that.Emre's position is not at risk especially if Emre plays like he does.Plus remmember we have lots of injuries and suspensions especially to the DM position.

SB9Dragon
28 Apr 04, 23:07
And don't 4get about fatigue, and that we will be in 3 competitions next year, possibly the Champions League, if not the UEFA Cup and also their are International callups and private problems so even if Cambiasso could play in Emre's position that won't be a problem since their will probably be many chances for everyone to play.

Baggio
29 Apr 04, 03:11
If Cambiasso is coming to Inter then he should really get a haircut before he comes. :D :D

Handoyo
29 Apr 04, 03:34
Again, as I've said, it's easier to say. Oh, those Frenchies & Spanish want Lamouchi & Farinos. Lamouchi is in the end of his career. How do we know if they're gonna buy him??? It's just speculations. And if those Spanish still trust Farinos, why don't they try to buy him after all these years??? Farinos wasn't used at all when Cuper was here and I'm sure that he'd be avaliable at a cheaper price back then. Hell, he was loaned to Villareal, impressed but no one came to buy him!!! And I'm sure both of them receive quite a big wage in Inter (We know how dumb is our transfer organiser). Who knows if Farinos and Lamouchi are mercenaries who aren't willing to take paycut to join the smaller clubs???

The season is long, true, but right now, we have enough players already. Look, even with these current players, central midfielders like Lamouchi is still not playing enough and Biava is yet to start a game with us. And I don't get what you mean by, "Beati is on loan so I doubt he will come back immediately just to be on the bench again." If you mean that Beati won't accept the bench, I absolutely disagree with you. Beati is just a young talent and I'm sure he's smart enough to know that he's not yet ready to be our starter.

Cambiasso is a free transfer but his wages aren't free. Morfeo was a free transfer. We got Lamouchi for free. But we have to pay these guys' wages. When we have such dire financial condition, why do we need to pay more when we already have the sufficient amount of central midfielders and young talents waiting for their chances??? Just take a look at Milan who gave unproven players like Gattuso and Ambrosini to shine. Their faith was repaid and Gattuso now is one of the best DM in the world. Or, just take a look at us and Martins. We gave Martins a few games and he's now one of the most feared striker in Serie A. We need to treat Beati and Biava the same way.

Hand;)yo

Johnny Ludlow
29 Apr 04, 09:03
I really don't think getting rid of Lamouchi and Farinos is all that hard. If they are told they will not get to play next season and granted free transfer, I'm 100% there are interested clubs. Marseille for example is interested in Lamouchi, and most of the spanish teams would be happy to get young and solid CM like Farinos.

About Cambiasso, I think he could even make it to the starting lineup along with CZanetti. Because we are playing with basically three strikers, two defensive midfielders are almost a must, especially against top teams. Cambiasso can give more in attack than CZanetti and is a true anchorman. Ideal situation would ofcourse be players that are defensively able and still dangerous in attack, like Pirlo: vision and passing, Lampard: shot, Vieira: forward runs, and the best one: Emerson, who combines all these. I'm not surprised that we are linked with three of these. It seems to me that the player that is not given trust in case we buy new MC is Emre. If our management would have trust in our good and versatile midfield duo (Emre and CZ), they would be happy with backup we have right now. They seem to think Emre can't defend. It's really sad, but I think Emre might not have future in black and blue shirt.

One possibility you have not yet thought of, is that he will play in the left flank, that would'nt a bad idea in my opinion. I have no trust at all for Hazardous Coco, and I think Zac believes Kily is too attacking, and he is, especially if we would'nt have two pure anchormen, balance of our team would suffer. Though I don't know what kind experience he has from wing back position.

Pod
29 Apr 04, 09:14
It seems to me that the player that is not given trust in case we buy new MC is Emre. If our management would have trust in our good and versatile midfield duo (Emre and CZ), they would be happy with backup we have right now. They seem to think Emre can't defend. It's really sad, but I think Emre might not have future in black and blue shirt. .
I think we buy him just because we want to have better backups since our players from first lineup has all the time problems with injures(for example Emre).And it's not only this seson,it was also before.

One possibility you have not yet thought of, is that he will play in the left flank, that would'nt a bad idea in my opinion. I have no trust at all for Hazardous Coco, and I think Zac believes Kily is too attacking, and he is, especially if we would'nt have two pure anchormen, balance of our team would suffer. Though I don't know what kind experience he has from wing back position.
I though about it too.I wanted to see it this season.And I think it would work.But for the next seson I hope to see fit Coco and also new DML with orginally plays on this positiopn.

Handoyo
30 Apr 04, 02:54
I really don't think getting rid of Lamouchi and Farinos is all that hard. If they are told they will not get to play next season and granted free transfer, I'm 100% there are interested clubs. Marseille for example is interested in Lamouchi, and most of the spanish teams would be happy to get young and solid CM like Farinos.
Granting them free transfers. :D Why should we make these sacrifices just to get a BACK-UP player???

About Cambiasso, I think he could even make it to the starting lineup along with CZanetti. Because we are playing with basically three strikers, two defensive midfielders are almost a must, especially against top teams. Cambiasso can give more in attack than CZanetti and is a true anchorman. Ideal situation would ofcourse be players that are defensively able and still dangerous in attack, like Pirlo: vision and passing, Lampard: shot, Vieira: forward runs, and the best one: Emerson, who combines all these. I'm not surprised that we are linked with three of these. It seems to me that the player that is not given trust in case we buy new MC is Emre. If our management would have trust in our good and versatile midfield duo (Emre and CZ), they would be happy with backup we have right now. They seem to think Emre can't defend. It's really sad, but I think Emre might not have future in black and blue shirt.
Buying Cambiasso will only encourage Zac to use 2 DM (Not good) and not using Emre (Not good). Emre is IMO one of the most talented central midfielders in the world. Too bad that dumba$$ Zac rarely used him like Cuper did. Buying another central midfielder, be it a DM or a playmaker, will only encourage Zac to bench Emre, isn't it so??? I don't want that to ever happen. ;)

I think Cambiasso has never ever play as a wing back before. :D:D:D No way in hell he'll play in that position. Besides; we have Coco, Kily and Pasquale in that position. We don't need another one. ;)

Pravesh
30 Apr 04, 05:05
why the hell would we have to play with 2 DM ??

C.Zanetti/Emerson----Cambiasso/C.Zanetti or .....

We have got Emre to partner one DM.....

Sometimes.... it doesn't matter - to play with 2 DM.... but no way should we be playing with 2 DM in most of the games.....

:fero:

Ziyad
30 Apr 04, 05:37
I too dont think we should play with 2 DM unless its against the big teams...Against the smaller teams we can afford to play a bit more offensively.

Nerazzurri8
30 Apr 04, 07:23
We obiously don't need to play with 2 DM, CZ should be the DM and Emre as a Central midfielder.
It be good to sign cambiasso, he's better then farinos. He also usual to be a sub in madrid.

we can play like this (if Zac will coach):
---------------toldo-----------------
-----canna--matrix--cordoba-----
----------------CZ------------------
Capitano-------Emre----------Kily
--------------Recoba---------------
----------Adriano--Oba------------

subs:
Cambiasso
Adani
VDM (i hope that Zac will let him play)
Kompany
Kallon
Almeyda

*This line up is in case we don't change many things.

Dino
04 May 04, 11:21
What's the point of acquiring him as long as we keep all the midfielders currently at the squad? In order for him to arrive, some DM's must go. Oherwise, we will be the one team with so many defensive midfielders. Because we may risk playing with too many D's which is not that great...

Sisenando
04 May 04, 16:51
Other than Cristiano, name me one quality DM in our team? Last time i checked, NONE!

Dino
04 May 04, 16:57
C.Zanetti+E.Cambiasso will be a good duo

Handoyo
04 May 04, 17:37
Other than Cristiano, name me one quality DM in our team? Last time i checked, NONE!
Farinos, Almeyda, Beati and Biava are good enough for BACK-UPS. We don't need a DM as good as our starter because that'll only encourage Zac to play with 2 DM, which is not good for our team. And besides, Esteban's arrival will pretty much kill Beati's and Biava's career.

Hand;)yo

mohamad_1978
04 May 04, 19:33
i think moratti stell the presedent :S
another dumb move by inter

SB9Dragon
04 May 04, 23:53
Beati is on loan and isn't Biava a LCM?? I don't think he is a DM...

Fabio
03 Apr 05, 16:12
I bet some of you are regretting your first impressions on El "Cuchu"...

Fabio :D

Enricos
03 Apr 05, 17:52
I bet some of you are regretting your first impressions on El "Cuchu"...

Fabio :D

Indeed, cuchu is kicking some ass :D :D :proud:

Hammoudi
03 Apr 05, 18:04
Getting him erases our blunders with Mutu, Ferrari etc.. No, I don't think Pirlo and Seedorf are great players!!!

A man with heart and talent, when I see his face whenever we score he is so damn happy. I'll never forget his face when we tied Juve that game, he was just beaming like a kid. :proud:

Giorgio
04 Apr 05, 08:32
The usual trademark Handoyo respond to these kind of players: Real Madrid can take Cambiasso, turn that 'sum b!tch sideways, shine him up real nice and STICK IT UP THEIR CANDY A$$!!!

Hand:scream:yo

Our survery says ur-uh!!

:D :P

Ari
04 Apr 05, 08:37
Yeah, it indeed was fun to read this topic. :dielaugh:

Johnny Ludlow
04 Apr 05, 10:06
Yeah, reading this was alot of fun. In your face Han.

Handoyo
04 Apr 05, 12:12
Hand:wallbang:yo

SB9Dragon
04 Apr 05, 23:22
LOL, Han. I guess even Super Han the Incredible makes blunders, and yes this was a mighty blunder indeed. :D

Fabio
04 Apr 05, 23:41
Hand:wallbang:yo

Haha I revived this thread to haunt you...

Fabio :dielaugh:

Choppin Onions
06 Apr 05, 08:20
Hehe

Who would have knew he'd turn into one of our best players? :D

snake
06 Apr 05, 08:27
And besides, Esteban's arrival will pretty much kill Beati's and Biava's career. '

thats the best quote by far, but to be fair we all thought he was just a squad player.

Johnny Ludlow
06 Apr 05, 09:47
I don't want to be cocky or anything, but...

About Cambiasso, I think he could even make it to the starting lineup along with CZanetti.
I'm very well avare that it could have been me whose predict is silly retrospectively, but this time I was right :)

josigod
30 Apr 05, 04:06
god bless cambiaso..that's all i have to say about that guy...make him captain...

primo-inter
30 Apr 05, 08:11
god bless cambiaso..that's all i have to say about that guy...make him captain...

when J-Z retires... hopefully not soon.

scutzon
30 Apr 05, 14:23
Cambiasso sure has the qualitites of a captain, but only if he continues playing with such consistency. And, he will only be captain if JZ retires. And that won't be in the near future.

SB9Dragon
30 Apr 05, 20:21
I could definate imagine El Cuchu as captain. :proud:

Aussie Inter
21 Jun 05, 09:23
Cambiasso is a second hand player we have enough of :yuck: I will hate him until he leaves Inter :fero: :D

I BET LOOKING BACK ON THE SEASON CAMBIASSO HAS JUST HAD EVERYONE THAT WAS PUTTING SHIT ON HIM IS HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS......