PDA

View Full Version : Inter striker issue

catanha
05 Nov 05, 22:31
Fellas.

Does Inter need a new striker or what?
Do we stick with the current crop of 4:

Adriano: who is doing everything to fuck up his career.
Martins: Not the player we expected.
Recoba: Mr. Inconsistent.
Cruz: Our top scorer, which is kind of sad.

Or do we pull the plug and take a risk in January and sign Cassano for about 5 million...which is an ABSOLUTE BARGAIN!!!

Hammoudi
05 Nov 05, 23:46
Yeah, I just ran into a wall that shook my head and cleared up few things in my brain.

I think our current strikers won't cut it. For some reason, they are just mis-firing at the moment. And changes are necessary, but that is a dilemma in its own.

We need a pure striker who hangs in the 6-yard box, has good heading abilities, and is right-footed.

Iaquinta is having a horrible slump as of late, and he can't play in CL. His characteristics are those of the player that we need, and can't think at the moment of any other one that would be available.

As for Cassano, what can he add? He isn't a pure striker, and would himself need the pure striker we are looking for to partner him.

Keir
05 Nov 05, 23:49
should have signed owen in the summer

snake
06 Nov 05, 00:03
Wow, Keir made a very good point which i NEVER thought about...
Also catanha said something ive been thinking...

Cruz: Our top scorer, which is kind of sad.

U cant really do much. Everybody is an individual.

Adriano cant get past his ego, Recoba is Mr.Individual. All about himself.
Martins forgot how to shoot a ball.

This will be a good and possible pair to grab, which will please any italian lovers.

Toni-Cassano.

But buying new strikers wont just solve our problems, our players have mental issues when it comes to inter. They should hire a psychologist to help with this

Keir
06 Nov 05, 00:18
owen represented a no risk investment

he scores goals for whoever he plays for
he is a model professional
he wants to play football
he is EU player
he is only 25
he was able to play in europe

had he signed for inter, on form owen and adriano would have = scudetto

for newcastle:

5 games 4 goals

for real madrid:

22 games (18 subs) 14 goals

for liverpool:

267 games (30 subs) 158 goals

Pravesh
06 Nov 05, 04:44
Yeah, I just ran into a wall that shook my head and cleared up few things in my brain.

I think our current strikers won't cut it. For some reason, they are just mis-firing at the moment. And changes are necessary, but that is a dilemma in its own.

We need a pure striker who hangs in the 6-yard box, has good heading abilities, and is right-footed.

As for Cassano, what can he add? He isn't a pure striker, and would himself need the pure striker we are looking for to partner him.

That's the main reason why I have also changed my mind on Cassano mate !! :)

We need players of the calibre of Recoba/Cassano to partner Adriano. We have already seen that Adriano -- Vieri doesn't work. Could it apply to Adriano -- Toni as well ? Who knows, coz Vieri was really in bad form as well ....

In my opinion, Recoba -- Adriano duo would be better than Adriano -- Martins. But Mancini doesn't seem to be interested to give tha much of trust to Recoba, the way he gave chances to Vieri, Stankovic, Mihajlovic. Yes, Mr. Recoba is inconsistent; but I wouldn't agree with that when it comes for this season.

And that is where Cassano comes in handy. He's very similar to Recoba, and I doubt that Mancini would be able to bench Cassano that much. Forgetting Cassano's phucking attitude, he's one hell of a talented young player. Yes, there's the risk that Cassano's attitute might be a problem for the team; BUT I have to say that it's a risk worth to be taken.

With all the due respect Adriano -- Martins could be our future, but sadly the duo doesn't seem to do what's been expected from them. :rolleyes:
They just keep on showing the glimpses, thus are damn inconsistent. Bringing on Cassano will definitely put a comma {,} to our Adriano -- Martins duo, but that's not a full-stop {.} as well. After all, Cassano can also play in other few positions. Anywaz, it won't harm to have 3 young and quality players like Adriano, Martins and Cassano in the squad. They could well be rotated. It's the job of the coach to do that job well !!
All Martins have is his speed, with very bad control of the ball which is crystal clear !! And that is where Martins have to improve alot to do well in his career. As for Adriano, he should learn to play with his partner !!

But then again, there's no need of sacrificing Pizarro to get Cassano. Pizarro is the man for us next season.

Lets get Cassano & Grosso, and may be next season could definitely be ours - as we always say !! ;)

The other reason why I am welcoming Cassano is coz of the probable Recoba's departure, which I am kinda sure of. Lets just hope that Cassano won't be our new Recoba. :rolleyes:

:angel:

js
06 Nov 05, 08:48
I am not sure we need a 5th striker, and the tought of having the crazy Cassano at Inter simply scares me.
Is it really that hard for Mancini to tell Adriano to stay in the damn box??? I know he's being marked by 2 or 3 players there but he isn't any help in midfield, we already have players there!!!
In my opinion he would be perfect as a target man, he's big, strong as an ox, great heading, good shooting. Mancini should tell him not to leave the opponents box for the whole game, some good oportunities are bound to appear. Martins is always alone in the box and we CROSS to him :rolleyes:
When I look at how Adriano plays for Brazil and how he plays for us...I am just perplexed.

Forza ragazzi
06 Nov 05, 10:07
Without doubt, Adriano's the most disappointing point this season. He needs to get a grab of himself and play like we know he can. A fifth striker has been discussed for a long time, and I have always thought we should get a no 5. But I don't believe we need to get rid of any of our four strikers at this date.

Adriano needs to get back in form, but then he needs to train, and not play. What Mancini do when he's playing Adriano now is that he brings the boy further down. Adriano at this date can't provide anything for Inter, and this, of course, makes him feel even worse about himself. Mancini's not actually helping.

Recoba is Recoba. He's inconsistent alright, but you don't get rid of a player like him.

When it comes to Oba he has a terrible finishing. He can finish off a move in world class manner, but also miss an open goel three times in two minutes. This is something he really needs to work with, and when this reaches a good level, we have a young striker of international top class. And we have brought him up ourselves!

Cruz. Not much to say on this guy in these times. He's scoring form every possible and not possible position. A fine example is the Porto match. A penalty is quite easy after all, but that 2-1 header is really impressing if you see the goal a couple of times close up.

But it's not just the strikers that are the problem. It might as well be Mancini. He has this tendency to play those not in form and place the in-form players on the bench. Cruz should be a regular in these days, with Oba and Chino rotating on the second place. Adriano needs to train and gain back his confidence before he plays for Inter again.

A fifth striker would help if its a type we don't have, but it wouldn't necessary solve all problems.

Jimmy
06 Nov 05, 10:14
As much as it saddens me, I have to admit that we really are in a desperate need of a striker. I can't help to see for myself that Martins just doesn't cut it as a starter who should score 20 goals in a season. We're lucky if he scores more than ten goals.

Then we have Adriano. The striker who should be leading this team and be our number one scorer. He picks games to score all his goals, and the rest of the games, he plays as a midfielder. He has no idea of how to move as a striker. He wants to have the ball behind his passer, instead of making a run inside the box. He's far too obsessed with those shots outside the penalty box.

The duo Adriano-Martins is being hurt by the way Adriano plays. So either someone teach Adriano how to move as a striker, so that Martins' strenghts can be better utilized, or Adriano learn how to play as a support striker, which seems to be his preferred position and we buy a pure striker who lives inside the box. Which to me is easier said than done. I don't see such a striker on the market right now.

Buying Cassano won't change much if Adriano is going to be this God damn stubborn and tactically a dumbass. We'd then play with two support strikers.

I just find it pathetic when I see that everytime, one of our strikers are making crosses into ONE striker in the box. And that striker is either Martins who can't head a ball, or Adriano who can't move like a striker. It's our midfielders who should provide crosses and the last passes.

Something has to be done anyway, that's for sure. I'm beginning to fantasize about Barca's good ol' 4-3-3 with flanked forwards. Forwards, not wingers.

Julio Cesar

Zanetti - Cordoba - Samuel - Favalli

Stankovic - Veron - Cambiasso

Figo - Adriano - Recoba

This way, we have to force Adriano to stay central and be the number one striker. But this won't happen. Right now Cruz has to be our top-striker for this season until he drops form. Of course, Cruz isn't the kind of striker we should build our future around, but for this season we have no choice. He has to play, because he's the only one who knows tactically how to play as a scorer.

snake
06 Nov 05, 10:17
that lineup will never work.

Jimmy
06 Nov 05, 10:22
Well, you don't have to fill pages of arguments of why it wouldn't work.

;)

Raineri
06 Nov 05, 10:44
At the moment we definitely need a pure striker who can finish. Adriano would be ideal for that, he is strong, he can score with his head and foot. But it seems that he can't stay in box, he acts like support striker and he sucks at that position. Plus he's in poor form. So it's 160 cm long Oba alone in box and that obviously doesn't work.

I don't think getting Cassano would solve anything. Cassano-Adrino would be then 2 support strikers.. And we have already Recoba and currently Adriano for that position. Plus it seems that Mancio can't handle our current team, so imagine what it would be with Cassano.

IMO only option would be player like Toni or Iaquinta or someone similiar.

And what it comes to Jimmys lineup, it seems interesting and worth of trying, but i doubt it will never happen, knowing Mancio.

Frisko
06 Nov 05, 10:53
We don't need anyone. Adriano will soon be back, Oba is more than good enough, he's great and he will make you swallow your words. Cruz our best striker is 'sad'? Phuck that attitude.

Fabio
06 Nov 05, 11:49
"Adriano will soon be back"
I hope so, but if he carries on the way he is going he might as well go and play for Cesena.

"Oba is more than good enough"
I don't wish to blame to whole night on him, but his finishing was awfully poor last night.

"Cruz our best striker is 'sad'?"
It's not sad, but it isn't comforting that our 4th striker in line is our only hope of grabbing a goal these days.

Fabio

Frisko
06 Nov 05, 11:52
Yeah, so the solution is go buy another striker? This is such typical Inter-fan bullshit, thinking that when things don't go well you need to go buy another player. You think people would learn from years and years of doing the same mistakes.

And then if the club actually do buy somebody, you would bash them for that. Un-phuckin-believable :wallbang:

Handoyo
06 Nov 05, 12:55
He picks games to score all his goals, and the rest of the games, he plays as a midfielder. He has no idea of how to move as a striker.

He's far too obsessed with those shots outside the penalty box.

Buying Cassano won't change much if Adriano is going to be this God damn stubborn and tactically a dumbass. We'd then play with two support strikers.
In reference to the NBA, Houston Rockets hired Patrick Ewing, one of the best centres in this history of the game who has retired, to teach Yao Ming, a talented yet gullible centre, some aggressive post-moves. Maybe Inter should do the same and hire a goal poacher from the past to teach Adriano how to move in the penalty box. Paolo Rossi? Jurgen Klinsmann?

Just a crazy suggestion.

snake
06 Nov 05, 13:22
Yeah, so the solution is go buy another striker? This is such typical Inter-fan bullshit, thinking that when things don't go well you need to go buy another player. You think people would learn from years and years of doing the same mistakes.

And then if the club actually do buy somebody, you would bash them for that. Un-phuckin-believable :wallbang:

exactly.

We could go buy Cassano and Vucinic, and just add to the problems that we already have.

js
06 Nov 05, 13:23
Maybe Inter should do the same and hire a goal poacher from the past to teach Adriano how to move in the penalty box. Paolo Rossi? Jurgen Klinsmann?

Just a crazy suggestion.

Crazy, but I like it!!! But wait....wasn't Mancini a killer forward????? Can't he teach Adriano a thing or two???? :rolleyes:

Fabio
06 Nov 05, 14:07
Frisko, Helal, what are you saying to me, tell me where said I want a new striker? You people have got to take your heads out of certain players asses and look at the real situation, that certain "world class strikers" aren't doing what they are meant to be doing, which is scoring goals...

Fabio :confused:

Jake
06 Nov 05, 15:14
I already guessed in the summer how it's gonna be in this season. When everybody was hailing that Oba-Adriano is the most lethal striker duo in the world, I was thinking that 4 strikers just isn't enough for us. Most of you said that now that Vieri is gone our striker department is perfect. Well it doesn't look so perfect to me. I never ever actually couldn't even imagine that I would actually wish that Cruz would play every match for us. How in the blue hell are we in a situation that the 4th striker in the pecking order is our best goalscorer?

Let's be honest here, let's compare Juve's and Milan's strikers to ours. I have to admit that our strikers are mickeymouse-caliber compared to Milan's and Juve's. This is just too depressing.

Fabio
06 Nov 05, 16:22
I already guessed in the summer how it's gonna be in this season. When everybody was hailing that Oba-Adriano is the most lethal striker duo in the world, I was thinking that 4 strikers just isn't enough for us. Most of you said that now that Vieri is gone our striker department is perfect. Well it doesn't look so perfect to me. I never ever actually couldn't even imagine that I would actually wish that Cruz would play every match for us. How in the blue hell are we in a situation that the 4th striker in the pecking order is our best goalscorer?

Let's be honest here, let's compare Juve's and Milan's strikers to ours. I have to admit that our strikers are mickeymouse-caliber compared to Milan's and Juve's. This is just too depressing.

Great post, but unfortunately true points you made there...

Fabio :(

Frisko
06 Nov 05, 16:30
Did I mention your name Fabio??? Stop acting like a crybaby when people are not even talking to you.

Jake, it will soon be the day when I'll quote your post followed by many of these: :dielaugh:

Fabio
06 Nov 05, 16:33
You answered 3 minutes after me and replied with a question, somehow things mean that I was involved in that... And anyway, I still hold my opinion.

Fabio

Jake
06 Nov 05, 17:16
Jake, it will soon be the day when I'll quote your post followed by many of these: :dielaugh:

Well, I can't help myself, I'm just so funny guy.

Honestly, I have nothing against you Frisko, but for some reason we seem to disagree on everything. Thats why I suggest, that it would probably the best if we ignore eachother's posts in the future.

Frisko
06 Nov 05, 17:20
Point taken, I'll try my best.

Tommi
06 Nov 05, 17:37
Adriano will soon be back, Oba is more than good enough, he's great and he will make you swallow your words. Cruz our best striker is 'sad'? Phuck that attitude.
I agree with your last sentence.

Even if/when Adriano will be back soon (i doubt that though) and Oba could start to deliver some goals i´m afraid it´s too late already. Juve and Milan are going stronger and stronger and we cant keep up with them. That´s reality.

About the striker problem. I agree that we have one. How ridiculous is that really. Last season Vieri scored goal in every 98th minute (Serie A) and the management bought him out (Adri´s stats were goal in every 145 minute btw). Now, look at our main strikers (Adri-Oba) stats.

Adriano

Serie A - 731 mins - 5 goals = goal in every 146 minute

CL - 362 mins - 1 goal = goal in every 362 minute

Martins

Serie A - 602 mins - 2 goals = goal in every 301 minute

CL - 266 mins - 1 goal = goal in every 266 minute

That´s ridiculous! We are Inter for Pete´s sake! Those two are supposed to be our main strikers...oh man!

Then take a look at Cruz stats ->

Serie A - 402 mins - 5 goals = 80,4

CL - 304 mins - 3 goals = 101,3

Only problem is that Cruz is a sub and wont play much. Not even a minute yesterday even when he´s on fire! Who´s fault is that? Mancini´s of course, no?

We would have won a lot of matches if our strikers (mainly poor Adriano and Martins) could have scored more. I said it last year and i said it again, they´re not good duo together. Mainly because Adriano doesnt look or play like a striker. I would much rather see Recoba-Cruz pair than these two.

Do we need a striker that is Vieri´s caliber and is younger, you can bet my ass on it. Who should we buy? That´s easy, Luca Toni (like i wanted us to buy last summer). We cant have him anymore and that´s a shame. Play Cruz as a regular for now, that´s my only solution. He looks/plays like a striker and that´s exactly what we need.

Frisko
06 Nov 05, 17:41
It's funny you mention Vieri, who is proving how smart our management was by playing like absolute crap for Milan, becoming the 4th striker even behind Inzaghi now.

Tommi
06 Nov 05, 17:42
It´s funny that´s all you picked from my post.

Hammoudi
06 Nov 05, 17:46
Can we suggest some solutions instead?

I am seriously thinking of loaning Martins out to some club. I don't think it would be a good idea to have him learn the trade in our expense. Also, it sadly seems that most Serie A defenders have figured him out.

js
06 Nov 05, 18:42

I am seriously thinking of loaning Martins out to some club. I don't think it would be a good idea to have him learn the trade in our expense. Also, it sadly seems that most Serie A defenders have figured him out.

Loaning him out would be a major blow to his confidence, altough he could recover and deliver. In my opinion the problem isn't Martins, it's Adriano, a solution that I would suggest being benching him for a few games and playing
Cruz-Martins...would that work???

Keir
06 Nov 05, 20:10

how about:

* a current interntional
* vast experience
* experience of 4 european leagues
* currently not getting in first team as blocked by the world player of the year and the african player of the year
* goal scoring record of 0.73 goals per game
* 1 goal every 3 games at the highest international level

http://www.espnstar.com/photo/1121923624384henrik_larsson_210705.jpg

js
06 Nov 05, 20:16
Nice presentation Keir, but to me, Henrik Larsson is just a smaller version of Cruz, I don't know if he would really help...plus he is old and could only offer a short term solution. But do we have any short term plans???

Keir
06 Nov 05, 20:21
Nice presentation Keir, but to me, Henrik Larsson is just a smaller version of Cruz, I don't know if he would really help...plus he is old and could only offer a short term solution. But do we have any short term plans???

would you really be disappointed if he come on loan in january for few months and banged 5-10 goals in?

js
06 Nov 05, 20:27
would you really be disappointed if he come on loan in january for few months and banged 5-10 goals in?

Nope, not at all dissapointed :D. The loan ideea wouldn't be bad at all, he always was a fighter, we could use that kind of spirit here, he would serve as an example.

Anywayz, some changes must be done in the winter break, I guess we all agree on that.

shahz_nerazzurri
06 Nov 05, 22:11
Thats why I wanted gilardino so badly in summer, but all of you just laughed at me, just look at what he is doing for milan right now, he is probably the best young 'in the box' forward. And its players like him & Viera who r the smart transfers and always make Gobbi's & Milan one step ahead of us.

But gila is gone, no use crying over spilled milk :cry: :cry: , the only decent striker available for jan is Cassano, maybe he wont be as effective for us as gila would have been, but he is going to come in damn cheap, and I would take him, and I have a feeling that, so will our management.

For those who want Recoba-Cruz in the attack from the start, Mancinio has tried that twice or thrice this season and that has also never worked, Cruz always comes in handy as a super sub. For Recoba, some of you guys really need to accept this fact. ' HE HAS NEVER DONE ANYTHING FOR US AND NEVER WILL' . And thats the bitter truth.

Martins is the most promising of all our forwards, unlike Adriano he atleast tries, and I have no doubt that he will go back to his old ways of scoring. :star: , he could have been a perfect striker for us, had it not been for his small hieght. And thats exactly the reason why I dont want Obinna.

Adriano, just keeps pissing me off more and more every day. But I seriuosly hope that he gets back in to his full form, and to disciplined ways of life :rolleyes: .

Even if we buy Cassano, and some how, because of some miracle, both our striker achieve top form, we can always play Cassano in the Trident fromation

Wallace
06 Nov 05, 22:16
We can't bring in new strikers..especially the ones that do the finishing touches...If so, then Adriano cannot be in the line up...as above posts have suggested Adriano cannot partner Vieri, so he can only partner supporting strikers, which is Recoba..What our problem is that all of our strikers are undergoing this goal drought at the same time, to be honest, it's just not enough goals! I don't see Recoba as being Mr.Individual or Mr.Inconsistent as people above had said, he played every match well enough, so you people expect him to save our ass every match with 15 minutes? I don't think so...Adriano-Martins just doesn't work..We need Adriano-Recoba!! but since Adriano is undergoing this hard period..i think we might as well bet on Cruz-Recoba...to me, it's just suicidal..

snake
06 Nov 05, 23:45
Frisko, Helal, what are you saying to me, tell me where said I want a new striker? You people have got to take your heads out of certain players asses and look at the real situation, that certain "world class strikers" aren't doing what they are meant to be doing, which is scoring goals...

Fabio :confused:

what the f are u talking about?

my post wasnt aimed at u. i havent even read any of your posts in this thread.

Handoyo
07 Nov 05, 01:40
Just a point by the way. Our defence was a calamity at the start of last season but Mancini showed them some faith and they became our strongest point at around the 1/3 - 1/2 point of the season. Eventually, they held the longest record of not conceding a goal that season too, 450 minutes. Also, they didn't concede a goal for 750+ minutes in San Siro until Montella broke that record.

The point is, Mancini showed faith in them and they repaid it. To me, it is quite unarguable that C.Zanetti's return to partner Cambiasso in the middle of the part was the main reason for such a turn around, installing confidence back in the team.

Mancini is showing faith in his strikers too this season and let's hope that they will repay him back, just like our defenders did last season. It was C.Zanetti's return from injury that was the protagonist for the defence last season. Perhaps Stankovic's return from injury will do the same for our offence this season? ;) Let's just hope, pray and dream instead of just lambasting them. Criticisims & suggestions are highly appreciated but don't be too cynical, yeah? ;)

Crazy, but I like it!!! But wait....wasn't Mancini a killer forward????? Can't he teach Adriano a thing or two???? :rolleyes:
I honestly didn't see much of Mancini because I only developed a genuine interest on football after he had retired. But, I think Mancini is a forward just like the Del Piero or Cassano of today. Hence, he is not that fox-in-the-box kind. ;)

Hand;)yo

Hammoudi
07 Nov 05, 03:25
Han, a major reason why our defence was good in the latter part of the season was the fact that the pressure was off. We weren't a major contender for the title, and we were fighting with Sampdoria and Udinese for the title.

So, I hope our strikers won't wait until the pressure is off, and then start firing. That would be useless, and an illusion that everything is fine. Our team performance should be measured when they are under pressure.

As for Mancini, I caught a little bit of him, and he was the type of striker that had a little bit of everything. Reminded a bit of Romario and Signori, he was efficient, but never spectacular.

Pravesh
07 Nov 05, 03:46
Whether it's Obinna {?} or Cassano or ??, but I am kinda sure that we will get someone in the upcoming winter transfer market.

Martins will be departing for the African Cup, so there's all the chance to see a new striker join our team. Are there any other striker apart from those two, who we might buy ?? :confused:

neroazzurri
07 Nov 05, 04:19
The way I see it Inter better start thinking about getting two striker and not just one.
One in January to replace Martins when leaves for his national team and the second one for after the World Cup when Adriano leaves.
Hate to say it but it's starting to look like the Ronaldo saga all over again. Just in time for WC.

FORZA INTER
:intersca:

catanha
07 Nov 05, 06:19
Its not that we need to buy a player, its more that we need a striker.
What some of you are doing is technically correct, but when thinking out of the corner, its not true.
Yes Inter has bought players when things have looked wrong, but since is when have we bought players that we need? Not that much recently, Cassano (I'm using as an example) is a player that Inter needs? How long is Inter gonna wait on Adriano and Martins to do the obvious and deliver, I'd say there is more chance of Jesus hugging Judas than both of them delivering ASAP.

Also, Obbinna and Vucinic are different to Cassano. Obbina is just a I dunno player, don't kid yourselves...players like that come around and go...we don't know how good he is.
Vucinic is a Bojinov. Cassano is the exception, he is a genius.

Adriano= the new Schillaci.

Ziyad
07 Nov 05, 07:12
If Adriano does well in the WC his stock goes up..If he doesnt find the net and happiness here before then he will be out of here unfortunately. :(

We must keep him since he is one of our symbols...

We have been treting him like the ultimate spoiled child catering to his every need, so if he goes because of Inter treatment ,what player would want to come here ??!

snake
07 Nov 05, 08:21
Catanha, with the right guidance Adriano will prove that last comment wrong.

But without it... he will fall into it without even knowing it.

Also, Obbinna and Vucinic are different to Cassano. Obbina is just a I dunno player, don't kid yourselves...players like that come around and go...we don't know how good he is.
Vucinic is a Bojinov. Cassano is the exception, he is a genius.

First of all, Obbinna apperantly is a midfielder, and even if somehow was to come as a striker. he would just not cut it. Dont kid yourselves.

Vucinic + Bojinov + Chevanton are all the same.

They are overrated. Sinec they left Lecce their times have been up and down. Now the only one still at Lecce is Vucinic. Can somebody tell me how well he is doing now that Zeman has left Lecce? His doin shit!

Luca Toni and Cassano are the only players id like to have in my team. But im only saying this cause alot of other people are talkin fantasy football too.

interista7
08 Nov 05, 07:50
Luca Toni is what we needed, never gonna happen. :depress:
I'd like to see Cassano in nerazzurri shirt, but I have serius doubts about his character...
What about DiVaio?
He wants to return in Italy, since Valencia's coach doesn't include him in his plans.
A cheap deal for a very experienced player. :rolleyes:

neroazzurri
08 Nov 05, 22:04
I'm kind of surprised that Mancini hasn't tried to use one of those kids from Primavera.
I mean we can't wait until January to buy a player for a boat load of money and then hope that they get along with the rest of the strikers and hope that he performs well.
I would grab my top two prospect strikers and give them a shot here and there you never know what could happen. We already seen what happens when we buy multmullion dollar players...lets give the younsters a chance. I'm sure they, unlike some of our superstars, would bend over backwards to please.

My two cents

FORZA INTER PER SEMPRE

12 Nov 05, 11:35
can we get Kallon back ?

may be a weird suggestion to most of u , but i have always liked him

i think he is playing somewhere in the mid-east :confused: not sure though

Frisko
12 Nov 05, 12:51
Lol yeah Kallon, that will make us Scudetto material :dielaugh:

12 Nov 05, 16:01

never said so ... but he wud add an extra dimension to an off-form forward line

u want a forward that make us scudetto material overnight ? :rolleyes:

they cost money ... and after spending more than 20m in the summer i dont see Moratti pumping in more money this time round

Stefan
12 Nov 05, 18:42
can we get Kallon back ?

may be a weird suggestion to most of u , but i have always liked him

i think he is playing somewhere in the mid-east :confused: not sure though

Kallon is more of an attaking midfielder. We need a box striker.

Stefan
12 Nov 05, 18:43
How about luccarelli??

Fabio
12 Nov 05, 19:36
He is class but our fans hate him, he hates us and he promised he would only leave Livorno to go abroad.

Fabio :)

Stefan
12 Nov 05, 19:38
He is class but our fans hate him, he hates us and he promised he would only leave Livorno to go abroad.

Why we hate him and he us??

Fabio
12 Nov 05, 19:41
Well maybe not all of us but our Ultras (Right winged) and Lucarelli (extreme left) are unlikely to get along. They hate Livorno and we all know what Luca thinks of the team from Tuscany. Anyway, would he really move to sit on the bench???

Keir
12 Nov 05, 22:33
get hernan back!

Hammoudi
12 Nov 05, 23:34

Yeah Frisko, the last time we were within a whisker of the scudetto it was thanks to goals from Vieri, Ronaldo and Adriano!!! How underestimated Kallon is!

The guy is a true Interista, but never looked upon like a legitmate member of the squad. You have to be Brazilian or do sommersaults to be appreciated.

And Sayak, he is currently on loan with Ittihad of Saudi Arabia. He led the team earlier this month to the Asian CL title, and will be play with them in the World Club championship in Japan in december.

And Stefan, Lucarelli is a good choice. Helal said the same a while ago, but I never considered it since I had blind faith in our strikers.

But I doubt our fans will treat a commie well! Which is a shame really, since not all the Ultras are kosher themselves.

Wallace
13 Nov 05, 00:00

Yeah Frisko, the last time we were within a whisker of the scudetto it was thanks to goals from Vieri, Ronaldo and Adriano!!! How underestimated Kallon is!

The guy is a true Interista, but never looked upon like a legitmate member of the squad. You have to be Brazilian or do sommersaults to be appreciated.

And Sayak, he is currently on loan with Ittihad of Saudi Arabia. He led the team earlier this month to the Asian CL title, and will be play with them in the World Club championship in Japan in december.

And Stefan, Lucarelli is a good choice. Helal said the same a while ago, but I never considered it since I had blind faith in our strikers.

But I doubt our fans will treat a commie well! Which is a shame really, since not all the Ultras are kosher themselves.

lol i thought Adriano didn't do much at that year, probably scored 1? and then he was loaned to Fiorentina

Frisko
13 Nov 05, 00:00

never said so ... but he wud add an extra dimension to an off-form forward line

u want a forward that make us scudetto material overnight ? :rolleyes:

they cost money ... and after spending more than 20m in the summer i dont see Moratti pumping in more money this time round

You know who makes us scudetto material? Adriano Leite Ribeiro. Only considering to replace him is crazy, is an abomination. Such an incredible champion has a negative period (during which he manages to score an incredible goal against Roma) and you consider replacing him?

Do you think Adriano and Martins will keep playing badly? If not, what are you going to do with your new striker after that? What about Cruz and Recoba, are they useless in your view?

This thread is a joke, buying a stiker is NOT what we need, AT ALL. We can't give up on the ones we have. We should never doubt Adriano. Or Martins, or Cruz. Someone might doubt Chino and I understand that, but there is no need at all for new players in January. At all.

13 Nov 05, 01:22
so just wait and watch when Adriano and Oba will get back into form .... scudetto is long gone and if it takes them a month or 2 more to recover their form ... then why not ?

it hardly matters whether or not we play Champ league football next season or not :rolleyes:

if thatz ur philosophy then u can have it for urself.

i dont want to replace any body ; i just want some reinforcements.

those r diff words ; find a dictionary if u dont think so

Handoyo
13 Nov 05, 04:21
Sayak, in the world of football today, reinforcements = replacements. "Reinforcements" can only be used if the total quantity of player on the pitch doesn't change. This "reinforcement" you speak of is going to replace a member of the first-team.

And guess what, if this "reinforcement" did well and bench Adriano or Martins who will then complain because they're not playing in the Derby, then we, not realising that it was our demand for "reinforcements" that caused the incident, will complain saying that Adriano or Martins should be a professional and shut up.

Hamed, as much as I like Mimo (:proud:), drugs or no drugs, I'm content with the 4 strikers we already have. :)

Hand;)yo

Frisko
13 Nov 05, 12:15
sayakonline God knows I'm not the one who needs a dictionary around here.

Reinforcements eh? We struggle to keep Cruz and Recoba on the bench, and you want more players? What the hell are you thinking?

13 Nov 05, 17:35
thatz not the only thing we r struggling to do right now

and to me its more important to score goals and win matches than a few dissatisfied players.

how many goals have Recoba scored in all these years at Inter ?

he has never been a prolific scorer ... whether its injury or selection problem or whatever

Frisko
13 Nov 05, 18:11
You can't just do things like that. If you want a new striker, unless you're talking about a very young player who only comes as a back up, you need to offload one of the actual players.

This is reality, you can't run a club like a kid who's not happy with what he's got, and only wants more. There is a difference between football and fantasy football, you know?

Kato
13 Nov 05, 19:26
For a start it would put more on our wage bill ;) Why not just put the confidence in the strikers we have, at this point in time we're in a better position (points-wise) than we were at this stage of last season, sure, our strikers arent scoring piles of goals, but they're hardly going to improve when everybody loses all confidence in them. After the way they played against Lazio i'm sure they'll be back in no time

minterke
13 Nov 05, 23:02
You can't just look at our latest results and blame the strikers. Maybe the coach has taught them something new, tactically. Maybe the midfield has been taught something new, who the f-ck knows.

Getting a new striker wouldn't make a difference because really we have a strikeforce that any team would only dream of having. ;)

Hammoudi
14 Nov 05, 03:34
I hope people won't use last year as a yardstick. We SUCKED at the beginning, and then played well when there was little to play for, and the pressure was off. But I get the idea, it's always good to have imporvements.

But I wonder about our goal total compared with this stage last year? Did we have more or less goals? Han to the rescue (although I bet this requires a big portion of the Han's time :D)

As for our strikers, I don't think it's only about the slump. Their characterstics in some cases are very similar. They all like to go and get the ball, and I don't know if they can't help it, or it's a command by the commander-in chief.

BlueBacchus
14 Nov 05, 06:03
We need finishers.
That is what we are lacking

Handoyo
14 Nov 05, 07:21
But I wonder about our goal total compared with this stage last year? Did we have more or less goals? Han to the rescue (although I bet this requires a big portion of the Han's time :D)
Nah, it only takes me a couple of minutes. ;)

From the first 11 Serie A games of last season, we scored 20 goals, conceding 17 goals. From the first 11 Serie A games of this season, we've scored 20 goals, conceding 10 goals. Do the math. ;)

I think the fans also have some psycholigical problem, to be honest. :D Last season, it feels as though we were scoring much more because Adriano was in such incredible form. In the truth, we scored the same amount of goals this season, but they are more evenly distributed. Defensively, we are 41.176% more solid and we've won 5 points more (If I'm not wrong) compared to this stage, last season.

Again, psycholigically, it has to do with Juve's & Milan's incredible start to the season. It also didn't help that we were unbeaten in Serie A at this stage last season, although in reality, being unbeaten but 3 draws is as bad as winning a game and losing the next 2 games.

Hand;)yo

Ari
14 Nov 05, 09:06
Sitation is problematic. In my opinion Oba has shown he isn't caliber to start for Inter and that's the way it is. On the other hand, buying a new striker will cause problems. Oba, Chino and Cruz are IMO in the same level (not in Mancini's head though) and they all would suffer of that. And now I'm ofcourse talking about Cassano. I'd propably go for him. Adriano lacks partner good enough. Meanwhile, I'd give Chino more chances.

We should never doubt Adriano. Or Martins, or Cruz. Someone might doubt Chino and I understand that, but there is no need at all for new players in January.

Err.. Seriosly what a load of crap. We shouldn't doubt? If our strikers are playing shite, what else we can do. Just smile and say everything's okay? Open your eyes and realise that Oba ain't world class striker. He's hardly in seria A top-20. It is sad, but true. Not that I didn't love Oba, I do. I love our every striker because everyone of them has shown something special for this club. Still we should be realistic. I don't understand why you can doubt Chino but not Adriano and Oba. Alvaro has been atleast in their level. Stay objective!

Julio Cesar

Zanetti - Cordoba - Samuel - Favalli

Stankovic - Veron - Cambiasso

Figo - Adriano - Recoba

:eek: Jimmy, I've been dreaming of that a while already. IMO puts our all best players to their natural positions. Chino to flanked forward, Stanko to center.. Great. :star: With current forms, we should try this with Il Martello playing while Deki is missing and Julio as a centerforward.

snake
14 Nov 05, 09:45
Jimmy, Ari that only works in a console-game.

It wont happen and wont work in real life. Firstly, Adriano is not the type of striker for that line up. 2nd, our midfield wont handle it, and it wont cut it in Italy.

catanha
14 Nov 05, 09:47
You can't just look at our latest results and blame the strikers. Maybe the coach has taught them something new, tactically. Maybe the midfield has been taught something new, who the f-ck knows.

Getting a new striker wouldn't make a difference because really we have a strikeforce that any team would only dream of having. ;)

You could not have missed the point of this thread more, and I mean that with the upmost truth.

Frisko, what on earth makes you think that Martins and Adriano are gonna start scoring again? Because they have stats of 16 and 15 in Championship Manager? I hate to say it Frisk, you know I do...but STFU poster boy :lol:...this ain't championship manager, they just don't return to "form" the next week because you made their training less or offered them a new contract.
Who gives a flying fuck whether Recoba and/or Cruz are getting annoyed at being on the bench, the point is that no striker that we have at the moment is producing, bar Cruz who is hardly gonna win us the Scudetti.

This Inter team currently makes me feel dirty.

Jimmy
14 Nov 05, 10:53
Helal, just why wouldn't it work? You're hardly giving any arguments against it.

If you compare it with Barca's team, you will see clear similarities. And their team ruled with that tactic.
And Adriano has been the sole top-striker with Parma. He would now be surrounded with two support-strikers that plays as flanked forwards. This means Adriano is FORCED to stay central, which can only do him good. He's ruining his career with his winger crap.

The midfield is well-balanced with Cambiasso as the ball-winner and a two-way midfielder in Stankovic.
If Barca can make it work with Luis Enrique and Guardiola, then we surely can as well. Regardless of which league we play in. It's quite similar to Milan's tactic in the midfield.

snake
14 Nov 05, 10:57
to me there is not much difference in

Stankovic-Veron-Cambiasso

and

Pizarro-Veron-Cambiasso.

If u havent noticed each time we play the lone striker, 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 we have lost.

Jimmy
14 Nov 05, 11:03
It's not a lone-striker. You must have been there and seen how the Figo-Anderson-Rivaldo triplet performed. Rivaldo surely wasn't a midfielder, he was a flanked forward. Same position Recoba would occupy. Recoba is a support striker as well when he plays naturally.

God knows I hate one-striker systems, but this isn't one of them. This is one top-striker and two flanked forwards who cut central and switches flanks with each other. Their defensive duties are more or less none.

I've never seen us play 4-3-3. It's been either 4-5-1 or a defensive 4-2-3-1.

shahz_nerazzurri
14 Nov 05, 11:27
Kallon is playing for AlIttihad, Asian Champions League winners. I think Kallon himself realises that he is not top quality material, will never work in a big league, and Saudi's r paying him more than enough to keep him happy. So he wont be too keen to come back to inter. And anyways, we really dont need him

Ari
14 Nov 05, 13:36
I find that tactic worth of trying. IMO we'd have material in the line-up Jimmy posted, made for 4-3-3. Everything in midfield: Playmaker, ballwinner, allarounder. Clear big man in center (and he would be forced to stay there also) and support strikers around of him. Which are for Figo and Chino their best positions IMO. No mores central midfielders playing wingers.

snake
14 Nov 05, 14:22
Adriano simply will not fit the bill for that position in his current state.

his under-performing as it is...

Jimmy
14 Nov 05, 14:35
So it's better for him to continue playing the way that is ruining him? It makes absolutely no sense at all.

Handoyo
14 Nov 05, 14:41
Jimmy, a question unrelated to that formation, which I believe will work but I'm not in favor of, do you think it's Adriano's own stubbornness or Mancini's tactical decision that caused him to always drift to the wings and back to the midfield?

snake
14 Nov 05, 14:45
so many people here say just make adriano change.

Its not that easy. Adriano loves playing like he does, its been so successful for him. You can NOT force him to be a box striker, that just is NOT him.

By doing that you lose his technical skills. I cant belive we would change to a 4-3-3- formation jsut to FORCE(as jimmy said) Adriano to play in the box.

That isnt his game...if thats how it is u got the wrong striker.

1.Were talknig about Adriano, a player with lovely skill, lovely dribbling abilities, lovely outside shots and lovely passes and able to set up plays.

2. His not the greatest finisher from close, and certainly isnt the greatest header out there.

Players that fit in 1: Henry, Adriano, etc... (does not imply they are the same)

Players that fit in 2: Gilardino etc.

Turn him into a player that he doesnt wan to be (no.2) then he will not be able to use his abilities as such, that bring him joy. You will have an even unhappier Adriano.

U cant just stick him in a box to lose that, His from the land of Samba football not Italy!

Handoyo
14 Nov 05, 15:08
As Jimmy had mentioned, Helal, Adriano started to burst into the scene as as the striker in Prandelli's 4-2-3-1 formation with Parma in 02/03. He repeated the trick in 03/04, scoring 8-9 goals in as many games before we got him back. So, there is no reason why Adriano can't get back to that Adriano. Prandelli, his mentor, even said that that is his best position, flanked by 2 forwards.

I personally still believe in Adriano - Martins though. Both of them are the their worst forms in their life and if they are indeed the Champions I though they are, they will bounce back soon. It's the same faith that I still have in Mancini despite my disagreements with him over some of his tactics/line-ups.

Jimmy
14 Nov 05, 15:52
As Handoyo said. The best Adriano I've ever seen was with Parma where he had Mutu on the left of him, who more or less pumped him with assists. Adriano at Inter have tried to play like Mutu instead while Martins has been the Adriano of Parma. It just doesn't work, and it's so obvious by now. Adriano has only scored on two games and Martins is having his worst season so far with Inter. Something has to change, and Adriano's playing style is one of them. He passes far too little to be able to pull off the movements he does. If you have seen the last games, you have seen our players yelling like crazy at Adriano due to his movements.

Adriano has NOT been successful as a support striker.

14 Nov 05, 16:41
According to Skysports Leverkusen is willing to sell Berbatov in Jan.

He is 25 yrs old , 6-2 (and from the highlights of Bundesliga i see off & on ) has a blistering shot.

i wonder if he can be our messaiah !

another option cud be Fernando Morientes who is a clear misfit in the EPL.

Frisko
14 Nov 05, 17:32
[Frisko, what on earth makes you think that Martins and Adriano are gonna start scoring again? Because they have stats of 16 and 15 in Championship Manager? I hate to say it Frisk, you know I do...but STFU poster boy :lol:...this ain't championship manager, they just don't return to "form" the next week because you made their training less or offered them a new contract.
Who gives a flying **** whether Recoba and/or Cruz are getting annoyed at being on the bench, the point is that no striker that we have at the moment is producing, bar Cruz who is hardly gonna win us the Scudetti.

*stops laughing for the new and hilarious 'poster boy' comment*

catanha, I'm the last person who you can accuse of judging football with a Championship Manager mentality.

Unlike many people on here, I'm not just judging players by their mistakes, and I'm keeping in mind that the season is still damn long. Buying a new player is simply an idiotic solution.

You should wash your mouth before you speak about Cruz, Adriano and Martins. Cruz shut you up with facts already, Adriano and Martins will do so very soon, then you will look just great celebrating our victories!

By the way there is such thing as belief in people, that's how I know that Martins and Adriano will soon start to score big time.

Then again, your judgement is always so constructive and impartial catanha :dielaugh:

Kato
14 Nov 05, 17:41
Frisko, u know ur a poster boy deep down, just freakin admit it, u live ur life playing football manager games & u only like media savvys like Beckham :yuck:. Anyway, I disagree with u, we should sell all our strikers & start from scratch :rolleyes: :wallbang:

Stefan
14 Nov 05, 17:59
Jimmy, a question unrelated to that formation, which I believe will work but I'm not in favor of, do you think it's Adriano's own stubbornness or Mancini's tactical decision that caused him to always drift to the wings and back to the midfield?

He does for Brazil as well . So I don't think its a coaching/tactical thing unless mancini and perreira thinks the same way. :D

Choppin Onions
14 Nov 05, 20:11
Adriano is very good for Brazil, even when's he playing crappy with us. Granted he has a little more talent around him but it still doesn't explain why he's so bad with us.

Oba is regressing this season it seems. I have no idea what the reason is but I hope he gets it together because he's doing everything right except finishing, which unfortunately is the most important role of a striker. Even in years before Oba was just good enough in the finishing department but this year he has been missing everything. :depress:

minterke
14 Nov 05, 22:47

You could not have missed the point of this thread more, and I mean that with the upmost truth.

Frisko, what on earth makes you think that Martins and Adriano are gonna start scoring again? Because they have stats of 16 and 15 in Championship Manager? I hate to say it Frisk, you know I do...but STFU poster boy :lol:...this ain't championship manager, they just don't return to "form" the next week because you made their training less or offered them a new contract.
Who gives a flying **** whether Recoba and/or Cruz are getting annoyed at being on the bench, the point is that no striker that we have at the moment is producing, bar Cruz who is hardly gonna win us the Scudetti.

I'm just saying that the "let's get Cassano and everything will be perfect" mentality is wrong. Our forwards are having a scoring draught, be patient ffs and they're going to eventually gain their form.

Hammoudi
15 Nov 05, 01:03
I think Kallon himself realises that he is not top quality material, will never work in a big league,

Shah, this is nonsense. The guy lead the French league in scoring for long periods last year, while playing as a RW, and wasn't used all the time. He left due to feuds with Deschamp, who was later fired.

Also, when he played consistently with us, he lead us to being first in Serie A. And the reason he left us was due to the drug scandal. So clearly, he didn't leave all the big leagues because he wasn't up to it.

I am not saying let's get him back, but I just don't understand how some belittle him!

According to Skysports Leverkusen is willing to sell Berbatov in Jan.

He is 25 yrs old , 6-2 (and from the highlights of Bundesliga i see off & on ) has a blistering shot.

i wonder if he can be our messaiah !

No :scared: More likely our anti-messiah. He is a good player, but GOD, does he waste alot of chances. If you think that our players are misfiring now, this guy misfires 90% of the time. He only plays because he is the best Bulgarian striker, and that Leverkusen are desparate.

04 Dec 05, 06:19
Well cud not catch the game tonight ; instead the Milan match was live tonight on ZEE.

I saw Obinna for the last 15-20 mins and he looked pretty good.

A couple of things i liked bout him:

1. A stronger (taller) presence than Oba.
2. Good pace and positioning. He was in just the perfect position once to score but his partner went for the goal himself
3. He can pass the ball fairly accurate.A couple of switches were just perfect.

Itz the first time i saw Obinna live , and i must say he looked promising. We shud look to bring him in Jan

Tommi
07 Dec 05, 10:20
7.12.2005 (source: Inter.it)

Season 2005/06

Martins

A - 740 mins - 2 goals = goal in every 370 minute

CL - 362 mins - 1 goal = 362

Cup - 199 mins - 1 goal = 199

All in all, 1301 mins - 4 goals = 325,25 :lol:

Recoba

A - 550 mins - 2 goals = 275

CL - 261 mins - 1 goal = 261

Cup - 41 mins

All in all, 852 mins - 3 goals = 284

Adriano

A - 1018 mins - 6 goals = 164,2

CL - 539 mins - 5 goal = 107,8

Cup - 127 mins

All in all, 1684 mins - 11 goals = 153,09

Cruz

A - 457 mins - 5 goals = 91

CL - 304 mins - 3 goals = 101,3

Cup: 75 mins

All in all, 836 mins - 8 goals = 104,75

Career at Inter so far (only Serie A)

Martins at Inter - Serie A - 71 matches - 21 goals = 0,29 goals/match

Recoba at Inter - Serie A - 154 matches - 49 goals = 0,31 goals/match

Cruz at Inter - Serie A - 49 matches - 17 goals = 0,34 goals/match

Adriano at Inter - Serie A - 67 matches - 32 goals = 0,47 goals/match

....and in comparision...

Vieri at Inter - Serie A - 143 matches - 102 goals = 0,71 goals/match :proud:

By the way, where is that thread where members were talking about Martins-Adriano partnership and said they would be our future striker pair for the next ten years or so. Are you guys still happy the way they play together? :lol:

J zanetti
07 Dec 05, 10:48

By the way, where is that thread where members were talking about Martins-Adriano partnership and said they would be our future striker pair for the next ten years or so. Are you guys still happy the way they play together? :lol:

To be honest with you I had high hopes of the Adri & Oba partnership. However having seen their miserable form of late I’m starting to doubt it more and more. The problem mainly with Adri as I also mentioned in the other thread is the fact that when Oba is on the pitch he tends to play more as LW player which is utterly frustrating.
Where as of late, when Chino plays along side Adriano then, more often we can see playing in his usual position.

Also, since Oba came into the frame I haven’t seen him having such dreadful finishing. Having said all that I still have hope in the 2 of them. Thanks for the stats by the way! ;)

CafeCordoba
07 Dec 05, 11:18
I had too high hopes of partnership of Adriano-Martins. But it really seems, that it isn't just working.

Adriano and Martins will do so very soon, then you will look just great celebrating our victories!

By the way there is such thing as belief in people, that's how I know that Martins and Adriano will soon start to score big time.

And when is that "very soon"? Couple of weeks? A month? Couple of months? How much do we have time to wait? I'd say not much. Okay, we've been winning some matches, but our strikers hasn't scored too much (Adriano-Martins particurlaly not at all as a partnership).

I would go for Cassano if it's just anyhow possible on January.

Marcello
07 Dec 05, 11:23
[quote=Tommi]

i used to think the same way as well but now i'm not very convinced by this anymore.
I hope they improve their communication in the game and also their finishing.
And that they'll set up more chances for each other ..then the goals will roll in.
They have the potential to be the best partnership in the world and Mancini must help them as well!!

FORZA OBA,FORZA ADRIANO

07 Dec 05, 15:51
the worst thing bout Adriano-Oba is that they never play as a pair each of them is too individualistic and rarely passes to the other

Frisko
07 Dec 05, 18:30
I had too high hopes of partnership of Adriano-Martins. But it really seems, that it isn't just working.

Adriano and Martins will do so very soon, then you will look just great celebrating our victories!

And when is that "very soon"? Couple of weeks? A month? Couple of months? How much do we have time to wait? I'd say not much. Okay, we've been winning some matches, but our strikers hasn't scored too much (Adriano-Martins particurlaly not at all as a partnership).

I know you can't wait forever, what if they hit the jackpot on Sunday night? ;)

Jake
07 Dec 05, 19:14
If they do hit a jackpot on Sunday night, I can wait another year or so... ;)

brehme1989
07 Dec 05, 20:08

If anyone asks, I'm gonna be with Jake waiting for another year :D

08 Dec 05, 07:21
and if they dont ?

brehme1989
08 Dec 05, 11:30
...We're screwed :rolleyes:

Hopefully Cruz and Recoba can rescue some days...

Ari
08 Dec 05, 11:39

Inter is a club that is suffering from not finding good partner for Adriano. When at the moment player of Cassano's calibre is on the market, there is no question that should we or should we not go for him. Absolutely.

09 Dec 05, 07:15
...We're screwed :rolleyes:

Hopefully Cruz and Recoba can rescue some days...
Hopefully they get fit ... Hopefully Mancini is not forced to field Oba-Adriano ... Hopefully Mancini can choose

:D

Tommi
13 Feb 06, 10:08
Inter is a club that is suffering from not finding good partner for Adriano.
That´s true.

But i think it´s kind of silly that Adriano cant play with anyone we have or have had. Recoba might, but no coach really thinks that way. Looks like it´s not other players fault, maybe Adriano is the one who is impossible to play with, at least it looks like it.

Anywayz, i wrote this in July 10th [forward rumors thread] just after we gave Vieri away [Vieri who had best goal/minute ratio last two seasons as well :lol:]. These were Serie A only [Serie A, most important for most of the fans].

Adriano

Season 03/04

1270 minutes / 9 goals = Goal in every 141,11 minutes

04/05

2405 / 16 = 150,31 minutes/goal

Martins

03/04

1417 / 7 = 202,42 minutes/goal

04/05

1895 / 11 = 172,27 minutes/goal

Vieri

03/04

1746 - 13 = Goal in every 134 minutes

04/05

1726 - 13 = Goal in every 132 minutes

With Vieri gone, someone has to step up.
...and none has stepped up ever since!

Adriano in all competitions in 05/06

2804 minutes / 17 goals [2 penalties] = Goal in every 164,94 minute [nice! :D]

Serie A only: 1940 mins - 12 goals [2 penalties] = Goal in every 161,6 minute

Martins in all competitions in 05/06

1843 / 8 = Goal in every 230,375 minutes :lol:

Serie A only: 1260 mins - 6 goals = Goal in every 210 minute

Where´s that thread where you guys were talking about how Adriano-Martins will be our starting duo for years to come and they will be super! Still think that way?

:lol:

13 Feb 06, 16:03
No.

Hammoudi
13 Feb 06, 16:17
Anybody who thinks we don't have a strikers' problems, is like an Ostrich barying her head into the sand.

We have to face it soon or later.

brehme1989
13 Feb 06, 18:01
I never thought Martins-Adriano would be the partnership for the future. I thought on holding onto both of them, but not Martins as a starter.. If some guys remember, I was always for, in bringing back Ronaldo, or getting Gilardino, Cassano, Robinho, Tevez and whoever else... Martins is good, with potential, but we need someone NOW!!!

Miki
14 Feb 06, 03:35
Where´s that thread where you guys were talking about how Adriano-Martins will be our starting duo for years to come and they will be super! Still think that way?

:lol: Yeah, pretty sad huh? What was the future of the Inter strikeforce has degenerated into a pathetic display of strikers running about struggling to get their shots on target, let alone into the net.

And yes, where in the world are the guys who insisted that Adriano & Martins were the only way to go?

Anyways, I just had to include this, for the simple matter of comparing the worth of our strikers this season. Don't mind me. :D

Julio Cruz

Total minutes / Goals : 1618 / 11
Minutes in Serie A / Goals : 1041 / 8
Minutes in Champions League / Goals : 304 / 3
Minutes in Coppa Italia / Goals : 273 / 0

Minutes per goal in all competitions : 147.1
Minutes per goal in Serie A : 130.1
Minutes per goal in Champions League : 101 Hey guess what, his strike ratio beats Adriano and Martins by far! :lol:

Adriano
Total minutes / Goals : 2804 / 17
Minutes per goal in all competitions : 164.9

Julio Cruz
Total minutes / Goals : 1618 / 11
Minutes per goal in all competitions : 147.1

Obafemi Martins
Total minutes / Goals : 1843 / 8
Minutes per goal in all competitions : 230.4

Alvaro Recoba
Total minutes / Goals : 928 / 4
Minutes per goal in all competitions : 232 Someone once told me through MSN that Julio Cruz was only good as a backup to Martins & Adriano. :lol:

Ciao,
Tim

snake
14 Feb 06, 04:20
Inter is a club that is suffering from not finding good partner for Adriano. .

what the hell does that mean?

We have had a box striker, pure finisher(vieri) with him it didnt work.

We had a small striker(martins) with him and it didnt work.

We have 2 support strikers in Cruz and Recoba but one isnt the best and the other doesnt play much etc.

When adriano is in form he can score against anybody and alongside anybody!

It doesnt matter if u put Pele and Maradona on each side of him, when he goes through these 'phases' during the season no partner can change that.

Opeum
14 Feb 06, 05:42
adriano does need a good partner. a support striker.

14 Feb 06, 05:53
the thing lacking is quality.

Oba is a sad sad shadow for last season.

Recoba never really scores a lot of goals.

And Cruz as a starter just suxx big time.

Itz time we go out and spend some big cash on 2 quality strikers, 1 support striker and 1 in-the-box striker.

Jake
14 Feb 06, 06:12
During last summer and this Fenruary we've had a possibility at least to make an offer for strikers like Toni, Gilardino and Cassano. Too bad we failed to sign anyone of them.

One thing I'd like to point out is that nowadays our strikers are terrible in heading. Cruz is the best, but he's best as a super sub, not as a starter. Both Martins and Recoba can't head at all and Adriano keeping in mind his mind is below average. The problem that occurs is that there's never anyone to try headers in open play whenever someone manages to cross decently. In dead ball situations we have defenders that can score with headers, but our strikers simply can't do it. Another thing is that we usually lose lots of headers in the midfield when we try to attack.

snake
14 Feb 06, 06:23
Everyone keeps saying that Adriano needs a new striker. When his on fire and scoring nobody says a word. But when he goes through this shocking period which he always seems to doing everyone starts saying get these new type of strikers.

Adriano cant score now simple as that, no matter who his partner is. We had about 1000 crosses into the box against Fiorentina and ohe did nothing.

So ill say it again, a new partner for Adriano will not chance SHIT with the form his in now.

14 Feb 06, 06:25
Adriano cant score now simple as that, no matter who his partner is. We had about 1000 crosses into the box against Fiorentina and ohe did nothing.
His new partner will do it. We need a striker who does not depend on Adriano for passes ... some one who can score goals on his own.

cool_cuchu
14 Feb 06, 07:31
Man,

I hate to bring it up, but... upfront our difference has been Cristian Vieri...
he may pass his time, but he still could prove useful for us...

the difference between this season and last season is that... last season we could have amazing come backs... Mancio could field new strikers to add more excitements...

This season, we could not have such a thing.. we have such a stable formation... when we're behind... It's very tough to expect a come back... No sub can make the game alive..

I don't mean to get Vieri back, what I mean is that our striking force are too often played...They become tired and predictable... we need someone with Vieri's characteristics... and give the other strikers enough rest... Chino need to keep himself from being injured..

Let's face it.. We improve in other departments but our front has performed much worse than last seaosn.

Karim
14 Feb 06, 08:45
Here is what I think:
I think that because of the strikers' recent decrease in form, here is my personal solution, we need to sell either Cruz or Martins, most suitable to me is of course Cruz, the guy is 30 and is not as useful when he gets in as he used to 2 seasons ago when he was with Martins in front. We need to buy another striker, wether its Boijnov or whoever, we need someone who is fast and powerful with his strikes, great ball possesioning and keeping, and good with headers.
I give you a list:
(Just a list)
- Rooney
- Cisse
- Boijnov
- Luca Toni
These sort of guys who can keep the ball and score a lot!
Strong in physical aspect, and stubborn as a nail on letinmg the ball away, and offensive on their headers and strikes!
Or just get another striker on top of these guys that we have now in order to correct each others mistackes or mishaps like when Vieri was here and we had 5 strikers, whoever does bad is replacved and his error was relatively fixed.

snake
14 Feb 06, 09:00
His new partner will do it. We need a striker who does not depend on Adriano for passes ... some one who can score goals on his own.

this shits me.

Get it through your head. When Adriano isnt going through these kind of moments he can score with your grandma playing next to him.

When his not, he just wont score even if its damn maradona with him.

what im tryin to say is maybe adriano cant handle the pressure of being our number 1. We rely way too much on him by building our team around him.

Maybe his just not up to it yet

Pravesh
14 Feb 06, 09:26
All I know is that we need a good striker for next season to play alongside Adriano. Guys, Martins' kinda over-rated. A starter kinda striker should be our main target for next season for sure ! ;)

Tommi
14 Feb 06, 09:27
If i could choose, i would play and try Recoba-Cruz partnership for next few matches. They just couldn´t be any worse than Martins-Adriano. If something isn´t working, then fix it...it´s that simple.

It´s not that Martins-Adriano hasnt had enough chances to show their worth together.

I hate to bring it up, but... upfront our difference has been Cristian Vieri...
he may pass his time, but he still could prove useful for us...
Vieri would indeed be very valuable now when we have £igo who gives good crosses at times and overall our midfield is better than it used to. I remember posting all those stats when he played with Martins, with Adriano and so on. Vieri and whoever was his partner had good goal/minute ratio, better than any pair without Vieri [best stats were when we used Vieri-Martins pair]. And if you´ve seen him in Monaco, then you know he isn´t finished yet.

We have had a box striker, pure finisher(vieri) with him it didnt work.
Adriano and Vieri had both quite good stats when they played together. Second best, only Vieri-Martins pair was more lethal. I know that stats dont mean everything, but they say pretty much. It´s not like Adriano and Vieri were similar or something. Other one is good finisher, is good in headers and is a typical box player and other one is...well Adriano. :)

Miki
14 Feb 06, 09:40
So ill say it again, a new partner for Adriano will not chance SHIT with the form his in now. Maybe not, but that isn't really the crux of the problem. Buying a good striker will without a doubt, increase the effectiveness of the strikeforce. Whether this new partnership with Adriano will mutually affect the latter's performance remains to be seen. However, the serious issue plaguing Inter at the moment is the inability of our strikers to score. The purchase of a new forward would in essence improve the performance of the strikeforce.

I couldn't give a damn if Adriano is scoring at the moment, or not; the most important point to be resolved is one of our strikers must be banging in the goals. The overwhelmingly pathetic truth though, is that none of the 4 are in any shape or form to lead the attack.

It must be somewhat amazing for anybody who doesn't follow the trials and tribulations of Inter through this season to discover that Inter's best striker by way of goals per minute is none other than Julio Cruz, the supposed 4th striker in the pecking order.

Ciao,
Tim

Handoyo
14 Feb 06, 13:46
So Helal, I'm really interested in what do you suggest Inter should do?

As for the issue, I have to admit that, judging from this season, the duo of Adriano - Martins remains a pure fantasy. I've seen glimpses of hopes earlier this season and last season (When they didn't play together that much) but 6 months into the season, nothing has improved. It has to be say now that it was a huge mistake in letting Gilardino, Toni & Cassano slipped of our hands.

But it's our mistake to make. The signs were not obvious that Adriano - Martins didn't work. For a partnership to work, it need not be flashy 1-2s between the strikers. What matters most is that they bang in the goals as much as Wilt Chamberlain bangs the ladies. Adriano & Martins had a very good goal per minute ratio in 04/05 and in matches when they were used together, they showed huge potential. Alas, that hasn't been the case this season.

Moving on to the obvious controversial topic, letting Vieri go, I still think it was the correct decision. As I've said before, circumstances had it that although Vieri had a good 2nd half of the season, he was enduring the worst period of his career in 2004 when he didn't score for months. Adriano - Martins were the first choices and since Inter can't afford to Vieri's huge wage bill and since Vieri wants to go to the World Cup, there could only be one solution. And hey, didn't he help weaken our rivals, Milan, in the process? :lol: Especially when he was supposed to mark Adriano in the last corner of this season's Derby. ;)

All things said, it was a mistake but what would be a bigger mistake IMO is to let the opportunity of seeing Adriano - Martins pass. Although they weren't Italian, they were the closest of being the most Inter-bred strike partnership since God knows when and now we can at least say that we have tried that. :)

As for the solution, I prefer to wait until the end of the season before discussing it.

Hand;)yo

K.I.
14 Feb 06, 14:48
i agreee with helal,adriano just has to try to score every match,he has to stop going on matches without scoring and then scoring in another,he has to be stable and atleast score 1 every match,that being said,helal even if this is andriano's problem we need a new right footed world class striker and sell cruz,recoba and martins can be subs,doesnt mattcher if he is a support striker or a box striker,i would personally choose tevez.

14 Feb 06, 15:08
this shits me.

Get it through your head. When Adriano isnt going through these kind of moments he can score with your grandma playing next to him.

When his not, he just wont score even if its damn maradona with him.

what im tryin to say is maybe adriano cant handle the pressure of being our number 1. We rely way too much on him by building our team around him.

Maybe his just not up to it yet
Why dont u get this in ur head?

With a decent partner for Adriano, the team wont be suffering when Adriano is going thru a goal-drought. Inter's dependency on Adriano will diminish as will the pressure to perform and win every match on his own.

Gaetan
14 Feb 06, 23:56
We lack a real support striker. I've been bashed in the past for my lack of confidence in Obafemi Martins (while many here praised him for his improving, I have always maintaned that he isn't comfortable with the ball and may be strong with both feet, he just isn't world class). Adriano may not be the "flavor of the month" right now, but when on top form and not put on as much pressure, he's one of the best CF's in the world.

Getting rid of Cruz & Recoba to add one or two quality forward(s) would be ideal. So, am I a minority with my thinking or not?

minterke
14 Feb 06, 23:59
We lack a real support striker. I've been bashed in the past for my lack of confidence in Obafemi Martins (while many here praised him for his improving, I have always maintaned that he isn't comfortable with the ball and may be strong with both feet, he just isn't world class). Adriano may not be the "flavor of the month" right now, but when on top form and not put on as much pressure, he's one of the best CF's in the world.

Getting rid of Cruz & Recoba to add one or two quality forward(s) would be ideal. So, am I a minority with my thinking or not?

Good point. If we want to solve this 'striker issue' we need to make changes and not significant changes. "Win or lose" changes.

snake
15 Feb 06, 00:09
Why dont u get this in ur head?

With a decent partner for Adriano, the team wont be suffering when Adriano is going thru a goal-drought. Inter's dependency on Adriano will diminish as will the pressure to perform and win every match on his own.

Exactly, so stop this talking of relying on adriano and his new partner.

Say we need a new striker to rely on more. cause obviously Adriano cant handle the burden of scoring more t hen 20 goals a season.

15 Feb 06, 05:26
Helal is becoming my favorite sparring partner.

catanha
15 Feb 06, 06:16
so, in the summer, we passed up on these players

Luca Toni: finest striker in Italia, at the moment.
Diego Milito: most of the time playing as a lone striker, and still killing it in Spain.

snake
15 Feb 06, 06:22
so, in the summer, we passed up on these players

Luca Toni: finest striker in Italia, at the moment.
Diego Milito: most of the time playing as a lone striker, and still killing it in Spain.

thats all that needs tobe said.

Had we of gotten one of those players Adriano wouldnt be relied on so much.

15 Feb 06, 06:28
and if we did sign Cassano in Jan he wud not have been bothered whether Recoba gets injured or not.

snake
15 Feb 06, 07:18
we didnt/dont need Cassano. Why do we need someone to set up plays? We already have Figo and Veron.

Example, considerthe game against the Viola. We sent about 1000 good crosses. Now thats good setting up but we had no one to score them.

15 Feb 06, 07:24
i said Cassano just coz Adriano played a couple of good matches with Recoba and if u recall his magical partnership with Mutu.

snake
15 Feb 06, 08:05
i said Cassano just coz Adriano played a couple of good matches with Recoba and if u recall his magical partnership with Mutu.

yep but compare parmas midfield with ours now. Mutu and Adriano had to create for themsleves cause they didnt have the most talented mids with them. but...
;)
What ive been saying is, we dont need a striker to create cause Veron, Figo, Cambiasso are doing plenty of that.

What we need is a player who can score.

Tommi
15 Feb 06, 08:58
Parma´s midfield obviously wasn´t as good as we do have now, but big reason why Mutu-Adriano was so good was that Parma was a counter-attack team and that differs much as how we play now.

Back then Mutu-Adriano was very good pair indeed, but i dont think they would´ve been even close as good if they tried to play like Inter does know [meaning we take a control of the game and dont create any serious counter-attacks due to lack of speed in some of our players].

Adriano is still very good player when given a space, but sadly he isn´t getting any ´cause of the way we play and the way other Serie A teams defend. Not saying Adriano is finished or something, but i think Serie A style of game doesnt suit his style very well.

15 Feb 06, 09:48
Inter can only play in Serie A not in La Liga or EPL.

So we have to figure out something for Adriano to play well.

snake
15 Feb 06, 10:09
Inter can only play in Serie A not in La Liga or EPL.

So we have to figure out something for Adriano to play well.

or how about we stop all this relying on adriano?

minterke
15 Feb 06, 20:19
Like InterFan28 said in the Inter-Juve thread. Adriano is to us what Totti is to Roma, what Henry is to Arsenal, what Sheva is to Milan etc. Mancini needs to play this team to it's qualities and not force them to play the position he wants them to. For example:

Adriano as a support striker.
Veron as an AM.
Stankovic as a LW.
Martins as a finisher.

Like I said again, when Adriano plays for Brazil he doesn't play good because everytime he goes he's in good form, no. He plays good because of who is around him. Robinho to support him, Kaka etc. We don't have players like this. Veron doesn't play like an AM, he doesn't run up with the ball and create plays he just passes. Martins has absolutely no creativity for Adriano to work with he just runs. In the end it all results in Adriano getting criticized for not scoring his usual hat trick.

Adriano being amazing for Brazil and not for us isn't a fluke and it isn't rocket science. Until we get a good AM, then you can put whoever you want and they won't score.

Waleed
15 Feb 06, 22:44
I thought this would probably be the best place to put this up. I know people are complaining about the Adriano-Cruz partnership and that Recoba is a better fit. However I want to call everyone's attention to something very important that has been troubling be for a little while.

I dont think Adriano is going to be able to count on either partner come the end of the season. Both Recoba and Cruz are free agents at the end of the season and if i am not mistaken since January were allowed to sign pre-contract agreements with other teams. This is extremely worrying since our already somewhat pathetic strike force is going to be decimated.

I know Moratti has mentioned that it is going to be no trouble in renewing Recoba's contract but nothing is official as of yet. While on the other hand Cruz has proved himself to be very useful in our times of need and is more than willing to ride the pine (or shall i say leather covered racing seats) when need be.

Both Martins and Adriano have renewed their contracts within the last year and are going to be with us for a long time (bar some major money being offered of course). Does Mancini perfer some new blood while getting rid of one seasoned veteran and a reliable go-to guy. I personally think this is major trouble if the management dont play this carefully they could screw things up for a long time for us.

Anyways just some food for thought guys

Hammoudi
16 Feb 06, 00:23
You can add water to oil, wait for a decade, and they will not mix. This is the Adriano -- Martins situation, time to sell Martins.

We should ( and we can ) either get Cassano or Roma's Mancini to be the support striker. (Adriano said he plays better near a support-striker like Recoba, and those two are the closest thing to Recoba that I can find.)

catanha
16 Feb 06, 00:30
You can add water to oil, wait for a decade, and they will not mix. This is the Adriano -- Martins situation, time to sell Martins.

We should ( and we can ) either get Cassano or Roma's Mancini to be the support striker. (Adriano said he plays better near a support-striker like Recoba, and those two are the closest thing to Recoba that I can find.)

You got it right, re: Adriano and Martins.

But you got it wrong, re: selling Martins.

If anyone is to go, it should be Adriano. Infact, he should go. Where's Chelsea at?

snake
16 Feb 06, 00:33
Hamed did u not see the viola game? We sent in about a million crosses and only connected with one by that fool Cruz, that he missed.

Now im trying to show u that we already create. THat whats a midfield is for. So whats the point of this support striker?

U can put 10 support strikers next to Adriano when his like this and he still couldnt score reguraly.

Come seasons end, give Cruz+Kliy+10mil to viola and get the man we need.

Hammoudi
16 Feb 06, 00:33
Catanha, do you really see Martins being a striker worthy of Inter?

The guy is so one-dimensional, and hasn't improved much in the last 2 years.

Besides, as Interfan28 said, Adriano is the Franchise player, like they say here in North America. I believe in him, and his slump is caused by the wrong way we are using him.

Hammoudi
16 Feb 06, 00:36
Helal, heading isn't one of Adriano's fortes. I think the guy is better around a ground game (diamond midfield)

I am basing all my arguments on us retaining Adriano, if not, then that will change everything.

catanha
16 Feb 06, 00:38
I agree with helal, all this Adriano needs a support striker sh1t is bs, and I was a firm believer in it, hence my pro-signing Cassano. But Adriano, his fans and Inter are using the fact that he does not have a support striker as a excuse for his constant bs performances.

Adriano has to leave the club, he is lazy, a joke, does not give 2 shits about the club, a poster child for "how to fark up your playing career before it starts" whereas Martins is playing with a big fella who constantly tries to hog the ball, when he has 4 players to beat and Martins one on one with Balzaretti, Adriano tries to take them on.

We'd get more money out of Adriano, and with a player like Toni (no chance though, Fiorentina would never sell him nor would he leave to join a Inter) Martins has the class to be a great.
Oba is still young, one the best young strikers in the game, and will continue to grow, he has improved, I think Nesta's comments say it all when he said that Martins was the toughest opponent he had ever faced.

minterke
16 Feb 06, 00:47
So I guess him being the best player in Copa America with a 'B' team Brazil, MVP in Confederations cup and his 40 goals in one year makes him a joke of a player. I'm sure Martins can do that, get him a pair of glasses first so he can at least see hit the net.

Hammoudi
16 Feb 06, 00:49
Catanha, I've seen both for a while now, and I just don't think Martins should be the way to go.

The guy has an appauling first touch, and tries to jam himself through defenders at times. I think he is made for a leauge like the EPL, and yes Helal, the EPL!

snake
16 Feb 06, 00:51
Martins is way too weak for te epl. He has no real great technique to speak of so he relys on pace but they'l jsut shove him off the ball

Hammoudi
16 Feb 06, 00:53
I know what you mean. But there are two type of strikers that make it in the EPL: Pacy and Powerful.

There are, were and will always be, pacy players with no overpowering physique in the EPL.

Players like Owen now, and Ian Wright weren't the strongest, but their pace made up for it.

I think Martins has what it takes, and it isn't like his less physical then Owen or Dassell.

catanha
16 Feb 06, 01:07
Catanha, I've seen both for a while now, and I just don't think Martins should be the way to go.

The guy has an appauling first touch, and tries to jam himself through defenders at times. I think he is made for a leauge like the EPL, and yes Helal, the EPL!

Martins should be the throwdown striker, Inzaghi at his time @ Atalanta, Juve and early Milan is what I want and expect Martins to be, except Martins has better pace but less finishing skills, but with hard work it can be done.
He should not be the #1 striker, he does need a decent/big stiker with decent aerial ability, able to pass the ball but not hog it (Adriano doesn't fit the latter) and decent central passing.

Tavano, Martins & Tevez is the way to go for me. Sadly, paidriano doesn't fit the bill.

snake
16 Feb 06, 02:44
I think Martins has what it takes, and it isn't like his less physical then Owen or Dassell.

do u mean Vassell? lol

16 Feb 06, 05:48
Well Catanha what do u find interesting or remarkable in Oba's game? Apart from his pace what r the atttributes u can assign him?

Poor first touch.
No heading.
No good from set-piece.
Not good from outside the box (long-range shooting)
Not good finishing skills.
Little physical presence.

itz a No-no all the way. Oba wud fit nicely into a team who plays a lot on the counter, but we r not that team (atleast as long as Mancini is here)

In his defense, u can say that he is young and he cud improve his game. But surely we can't go on playing him for the sake of him improving game-by-game. What i say is find a decent team with an experienced coach, and send Oba on loan for a season.

The decision to sell Adriano or Oba or both or none shud be taken a season after the next one.

And itz not as if we dont have the funds to buy a player unless we sell one of them.

Johnny Ludlow
16 Feb 06, 09:47
And Adriano is so versatile?!

Can score with only left foot
Doesn't have a killer instinct
Is really predictable in his movement
Is ultimately just average dribbler and in 1 on 1
Very inconsistent
Tactically lost
Poor passing
Lousy co-operating with strike partner
Not a good heading skill
Not a good finisher

I'm sorry guys, but he is nowhere near top strikers in the world. He is solo player, who might make himself look good time to time, but hardly ever Inter. It's really pathetic that player with his lousy vision and passing can't just settle to be a true centre forward. He is no Henry or Cassano. Just stay in the box and you might be a true champion some day.

Wallace
16 Feb 06, 10:17
In his defense, u can say that he is young and he cud improve his game. But surely we can't go on playing him for the sake of him improving game-by-game. What i say is find a decent team with an experienced coach, and send Oba on loan for a season.

Exactly, same goes for Adriano.We cannot go on playing him for the sake of him finding his form game-by-game without any improvement but only disappointment. How many games do we have to wait for him to gain his form again? And how long will his form last?

Johnny Ludlow
16 Feb 06, 14:23
The reason why I am frustrated about Adriano, is that I know his natural talent. If I thought he hasn't got what it takes, I wouldn't be so mad. But talent isn't enough.

When I now read my last message about Adriano, I was pretty mad when writing it, I still think I was pretty much right. That just tells us just how good he could be.... Everybody is speaking about slump or that he is out of form. Have you ever thought that maybe he isn't out of form? Maybe the problem is that he haven't made any progress. At the moment he basically relies on his physics and left foot. Everybody now knows his strengths and numerous weaknesses. The sad truth is that as he is now, good defender can put him in the pocket too easily. There is no spark or unpredictability in his game.

Mancini seems to be totally helpless to improve his game tactically, meaning his place on the field, making the right moves, and operating with the team. He is not a team player, and this is not because he is selfish, but because he can't connect with his team mates; he doesn't know how to. Vieri didn't have the natural talent Adriano has, but he was constantly looking for one-two's and moved so that it's actually possible to play him the ball in the box. I also loved the way he was a danger in every corner and cross. Adriano isn't; not because he doesn't have the required physics, but because he doesn't have the necessary eye for it.

The good news is that centre forwards like Toni or Vieri weren't that good at 23. He now has to work hard to achieve the implicite understanding of how a true centre forward should play, that is the single most important thing. At the moment he has illusions of grandeur, he thinks he can do everything. He will never be great if he doesn't stay focused. He is a centre forward, and it almost makes me cry when I hear somebody talk how he shouldn't be tied to play up front, but to do what he wants.

J zanetti
16 Feb 06, 14:41
Great post Johnny – couldn’t agree more with you on this issue.
It’s a risky business this one. So risky that next time when/ if someone knocks on the door with a HUGE amount of £ asking for his services – I too might be tempted to sell him. OR do we keep hold of him hoping that he one day will be the player that so many of us dream of? I guess only time will tell… :rolleyes:

16 Feb 06, 14:50
the point is we cant continue with both of them playing and developing at the same time.

And at the moment Adriano brings more quality to Inter. That is a fact.

snake
17 Feb 06, 00:51
Great post Johnny – couldn’t agree more with you on this issue.
It’s a risky business this one. So risky that next time when/ if someone knocks on the door with a HUGE amount of £ asking for his services – I too might be tempted to sell him. OR do we keep hold of him hoping that he one day will be the player that so many of us dream of? I guess only time will tell… :rolleyes:

what do u mean U will be tempted? lol and who are u, Oriali in disguise :D

J zanetti
17 Feb 06, 07:09
what do u mean U will be tempted? lol and who are u, Oriali in disguise :D
LOL Just trying to make a point that for someone like myself who was totally against his departure I now would not sit down and cry if he left. That’s all...

Waleed
17 Feb 06, 20:01
Great second post johnny i didnt really appreciate your first one but your second one more than made up for it. Your points on the killer instinct eye is something that only comes with time. Neither Veiri and certainlynot Toni had it at Adriano's age. The money made from Adriano's sale can more than be made up for in trophies and titles if we learn to train him properly. Give him the right conditions and I think not only Adriano but Martins also will flourish.

I am of the opinion that neither should be sold, Adriano I am positive if he cant turn it around by the end of season will come back a new player after WC. It is too bad that Martins will not be given the same opportunity but I think asking Martins to come back say 3 weeks early to work one on one with someone with the right tactical and technical uderstanding of the game will teach him to play properly and become the diamond in the rough we all know he is.

All of us must learn that Adriano and Martins have achieved heights that many their age will never be able to reach. However we must understand that these two are still students of the game that were put in the accelerated class their entire lives and now have been put amongst those who have been taught for longer. The teaching should have never stopped for these two when they reached the senior team and it is of utmost importance that Mancini realize that he must take these two under his wing as a former great and mold them into the type of player that he was.

Johnny Ludlow
18 Feb 06, 08:22
Great second post johnny i didnt really appreciate your first one but your second one more than made up for it.

Yeah, thank you. I know the first one wasn't very constructive.

This proves how important is it to say the things in right way. The first was way too aggressive and provocative to ever get a positive response. Yet I don't think it was far off when it comes to the implicit content of the message.

First I just got mad at 1919 for his bashing of Martins, with list like that you can 'prove' whatever you want, if you only say negative things. Then I tried to prove a point by bashing Adriano. Stupid, isn't it? :)

snake
18 Feb 06, 08:22
lol 1919 isnt making many friends round ere :D

18 Feb 06, 14:49
First I just got mad at 1919 for his bashing of Martins, with list like that you can 'prove' whatever you want, if you only say negative things. Then I tried to prove a point by bashing Adriano. Stupid, isn't it? :)

u may not like what i said, but do u disagree?

lol 1919 isnt making many friends round ere :D

i think sharing opinions is more imp than making friends. but some people will never understand.

Hammoudi
18 Feb 06, 18:00
Isn't Adriano about 24 now? When Vieri was roughly in that age, he moved to a tottaly new league, and bagged 24 goals in 24 games.

I am one of Vieri's biggest critics, but he did't have Adriano's starting place luxury at that age. Still, he scored whenever he played (except when it mattered the most, which is an arguable statement, but let's focus on the main point.)

minterke
18 Feb 06, 18:02
And Adriano is so versatile?!

Can score with only left foot
Doesn't have a killer instinct
Is really predictable in his movement
Is ultimately just average dribbler and in 1 on 1
Very inconsistent
Tactically lost
Poor passing
Lousy co-operating with strike partner
Not a good heading skill
Not a good finisher

I'm sorry guys, but he is nowhere near top strikers in the world. He is solo player, who might make himself look good time to time, but hardly ever Inter. It's really pathetic that player with his lousy vision and passing can't just settle to be a true centre forward. He is no Henry or Cassano. Just stay in the box and you might be a true champion some day.

Adriano can have 5 defenders on him and get past all of them. He can even world class defenders and fly by them or use his force and speed to get by them. Don't talk out of your ass, Adriano might not be playing very good right now but don't say he's an average dribbler and he's no Cassano etc.

Tanel
18 Feb 06, 18:40
Johnny Ludlow, Adriano can't progress when he has not got decent help from coaching staff. The fact is that Roberto Mancini has no idea, how to get him to play after shit form. He almost always plays good for Brazil, but not for Inter. The moment Mancini first lost his form in 2004, those slumps started to repeat and repeat. And the fact is that he can't make much progress anymore! When he finds he's goalscoring touch, he becomes one of the best strikers on planet. That supportstriker talk is bullshit too if you ask for me, but he needs a manager who can get his potential out every game and keep him consistent. Mancini can't do it it seems.

And Adriano hasn't got much natural talent too I think. He weren't brightest of the stars back in his Brazil days.

And I'd rather sell Recoba & Cruz, than Martins.

PS! I've got a good feeling, that starting from next week, everything will start to go fine again. :)

Jake
18 Feb 06, 19:12
Adriano can have 5 defenders on him and get past all of them.

And when was the last time that happened in Inter jersey??

minterke
18 Feb 06, 21:06
And when was the last time that happened in Inter jersey??

Today vs. Livorno and the time before that would be vs. Fiorentina :)

Jake
18 Feb 06, 21:33
I saw both matches so I guess I'm blind. Today I show him get pass one defender, but then his run stopped on the second Livorno player.

minterke
18 Feb 06, 21:37
I saw both matches so I guess I'm blind. Today I show him get pass one defender, but then his run stopped on the second Livorno player.

He had 3 surrounding him, sped past all three and then encountered 2 in the Livorno box, managed to dribble past 1 but the other one disposessed him. Vs. Viola he ran from midfield all the way to being 1 on 1 with the keeper with 5 blue shirts on him.

You better book an appointment with an Optomitrist I guess..

Forza ragazzi
18 Feb 06, 21:52
Adriano can dribble whoever and how many he wants, but he never scores. That's his job. I'm sad to see his development stands still this season. Will he ever fulfil his potensial? I'm actually worried he will not.

We don't win this year because our striking force is bad. Recoba's as vulnerable as a cracker, ObaOba isn't a finisher and his runs has no plan to it, Cruz is to dependent on others and Adriano just stinks as of this date. Of all our strikers I would only give Cruz an ''okey'' this season. Face it. Out of 48 league goals only 29 has been scored by our strikers. That's the reason we're 12 points adrift of Juventus.

Jake
18 Feb 06, 22:46
He had 3 surrounding him, sped past all three and then encountered 2 in the Livorno box, managed to dribble past 1 but the other one disposessed him. Vs. Viola he ran from midfield all the way to being 1 on 1 with the keeper with 5 blue shirts on him.

You better book an appointment with an Optomitrist I guess..

No need for optometrist right now. He certainly didn't dribble past five opponents against Livorno nor Viola. Anyway, even if he had, what's the use when he in the end lost the ball anyway. Against Livorno he lost it to a defender and against Viola he shot it out of Artemio Franchi. If he can't pass or score then I don't care about his dribbling, which is getting worse all the time. In the beginning he really could go past any player, but too bad not anymore. Nowadays he usually just stands still or runs straight at the opponent, maybe he's waiting for his pal *up there* to move the opponents away.

minterke
18 Feb 06, 22:59
No need for optometrist right now. He certainly didn't dribble past five opponents against Livorno nor Viola. Anyway, even if he had, what's the use when he in the end lost the ball anyway. Against Livorno he lost it to a defender and against Viola he shot it out of Artemio Franchi. If he can't pass or score then I don't care about his dribbling, which is getting worse all the time. In the beginning he really could go past any player, but too bad not anymore. Nowadays he usually just stands still or runs straight at the opponent, maybe he's waiting for his pal *up there* to move the opponents away.

You're right what is the use if he can't score. Maybe he goes to midfield because that's the only way he can get the ball? Maybe he doesn't pass because he knows if someone else has the ball they won't create anything for him. So he tries and dribble his way through until he is 1 on 1 with the keeper and he keeps getting criticized for that.

Jake
18 Feb 06, 23:30
Football is a team sport and if Adriano is that good, then maybe he could pass the ball instead of losing in ALWAYS in the end. And how could anyone pass the ball to him whil he's never in the penalty area where he should be. He simply imitates Kallon and plays like a midfielder, just like the ex-interista from Sierra Leone.

snake
19 Feb 06, 01:07
this Adriano sage will continue until he either kicks 25 goals in a season or we sell him...the 2 outcomes

Jake
19 Feb 06, 10:11
All I want is for him to play like he did in the spring 2004 when he came from Parma. After that he hasn't been able to be nowhere near so deadly than he was then.

19 Feb 06, 10:11
Adriano has not been in good form this season, but u guys cant ignore the fact that the delivery to him has also been below par this season, not too mention of his strike partner who refuses to pass the ball to him.

Miki
19 Feb 06, 10:25
Adriano has not been in good form this season, but u guys cant ignore the fact that the delivery to him has also been below par this season, not too mention of his strike partner who refuses to pass the ball to him.
To be precise, I wouldn't say Adriano has been out of form, per se. His playing ability hasn't decreased by much, but he has been very out of sorts lately. You could chalk it down to a confidence issue, but the man clearly has issues with himself.

The problems surrounding the striker issue are immense, and the blame doesn't solely rest on the shoulders of Adriano. The man tries too hard sometimes, as he sees himself as the one to lead Inter, and rightfully so. However, this also means he isolates himself from everyone, since he recognizes his own ability level and tries to do more, which effectively relegates everyone else on the team to supporting roles.

There are ways to solve the problem, but everyone has to understand their role is no different from everyone else on the pitch - to work with each other in a concerted effort to achieve that victory.

As of this current moment though, we are simply playing as 'Adriano along with Inter'.

Ciao,
Tim

Jake
19 Feb 06, 10:29
You can clearly see Adriano's frustration. Yesterday he slapped a Livorno player in the face and another one in the chest.

Miki
23 Feb 06, 08:16
Updated statistics as of 23/02/06; old statistics in parentheses:

Adriano
Total minutes / Goals : 2964 / 17 (2004 / 17)
Minutes per goal in all competitions : 174.4 (164.9)

Julio Cruz
Total minutes / Goals : 1722 / 12 (1618 / 11)
Minutes per goal in all competitions : 143.5 (147.1)

Obafemi Martins
Total minutes / Goals : 1953 / 8 (1843 / 8)
Minutes per goal in all competitions : 244.1 (230.4)

Alvaro Recoba
Total minutes / Goals : 928 / 4 (928 / 4)
Minutes per goal in all competitions : 232 (232) So as we can see, Cruz is the only striker who has scored and subsequently improved on his goal ratio in the last 2 games. :lol:

Adriano
Minutes per goal in all competitions : 174.4
Chance of scoring in any next game : 51.6%

Minutes per goal in Serie A : 169.5
Chance of scoring against Udinese : 53.1%

Julio Cruz
Minutes per goal in all competitions : 143.5
Chance of scoring in any next game : 62.7%

Minutes per goal in Serie A : 131.5
Chance of scoring against Udinese : 68.4%

Obafemi Martins
Minutes per goal in all competitions : 244.1
Chance of scoring in any next game : 36.9%

Minutes per goal in Serie A : 223.8
Chance of scoring against Udinese : 40.2%

Alvaro Recoba
Minutes per goal in all competitions : 232
Chance of scoring in any next game : 38.8%

Minutes per goal in Serie A : 208.7
Chance of scoring against Udinese : 43.1% Thus, when compared with any of our 3 other strikers, Cruz is at the least, 11% more likely to score in any next game and 15% more likely to score in our next Serie A fixture. Food for thought, perhaps? :D

Ciao,
Tim

23 Feb 06, 08:21
Tim can u get an attempts on target/min played stat ???

that wud give a better idea ... as to who is more of a threat.

Miki
23 Feb 06, 09:15
Well, I can't find those stats on Inter.it, but UEFA's official website has some interesting statistics. Note: These statistics are only for the Champions League proper, and do not include the matches played in the qualifying rounds.

Goals / Minutes
Adriano : 4 / 411
Julio Cruz : 4 / 364
Obafemi Martins : 0 / 274
Alvaro Recoba : 0 / 157

Assists / Minutes
Adriano : 1 / 411
Julio Cruz : 0 / 364
Obafemi Martins : 0 / 274
Alvaro Recoba : 1 / 157

Total Shots / Minutes
Adriano : 20 / 411
Julio Cruz : 12 / 364
Obafemi Martins : 7 / 274
Alvaro Recoba : 6 / 157

Shots On Target / Minutes
Adriano : 6 / 411
Julio Cruz : 9 / 364
Obafemi Martins : 3 / 274
Alvaro Recoba : 3 / 157

Shots Fired Wide / Minutes
Adriano : 14 / 411
Julio Cruz : 3 / 364
Obafemi Martins : 4 / 274
Alvaro Recoba : 3 / 157

Ruled Offside / Minutes
Adriano : 5 / 411
Julio Cruz : 6 / 364
Obafemi Martins : 5 / 274
Alvaro Recoba : 5 / 157 Another way of looking at the statistics:

Adriano
Goals / Minutes : 4 / 411
Minutes Per Goal : 102.75

Assists / Minutes : 1 / 411
Minutes Per Assist : 411

Total Shots / Minutes : 20 / 411
Minutes Per Shot : 20.6

Shots on Target / Minutes : 6 / 411
Minutes Per Shot on Target : 68.5

Shots Fired Wide / Minutes : 14 / 411
Minutes Per Wide Shot : 29.4

Ruled Offside / Minutes : 5 / 411
Minutes Per Offside : 82.2

Julio Cruz
Goals / Minutes : 4 / 364
Minutes Per Goal : 91

Assists / Minutes : 0 / 364
Minutes Per Assist : N/A

Total Shots / Minutes : 12 / 364
Minutes Per Shot : 30.3

Shots on Target / Minutes : 9 / 364
Minutes Per Shot on Target : 40.4

Shots Fired Wide / Minutes : 3 / 364
Minutes Per Wide Shot : 121.3

Ruled Offside / Minutes : 6 / 364
Minutes Per Offside : 60.7

Obafemi Martins
Goals / Minutes : 0 / 274
Minutes Per Goal : N/A

Assists / Minutes : 0 / 274
Minutes Per Assist : N/A

Total Shots / Minutes : 7 / 274
Minutes Per Shot : 39.1

Shots on Target / Minutes : 3 / 274
Minutes Per Shot on Target : 91.3

Shots Fired Wide / Minutes : 4 / 274
Minutes Per Wide Shot : 68.5

Ruled Offside / Minutes : 5 / 274
Minutes Per Offside : 54.8

Alvaro Recoba
Goals / Minutes : 0 / 157
Minutes Per Goal : N/A

Assists / Minutes : 1 / 157
Minutes Per Assist : 157

Total Shots / Minutes : 6 / 157
Minutes Per Shot : 26.2

Shots on Target / Minutes : 3 / 157
Minutes Per Shot on Target : 52.3

Shots Fired Wide / Minutes : 3 / 157
Minutes Per Wide Shot : 52.3

Ruled Offside / Minutes : 5 / 157
Minutes Per Offside : 31.4 As we can see, Cruz is by and large the more effective striker. His ratio for shots on target is better than Adriano's; in effect, he shoots on target once every 40 mins. To compare, Adriano takes a shot on target once every 68 mins.

Moreover, Adriano fires too many wayward shots, 14 in total, for an average of a missed shot once every 29 mins. Cruz on the other hand has only fired 3 missed shots for an average of once per 121 mins.

In fact, everytime Adriano takes a shot, it has a 70% chance of going wide. To put that abysmal statistic into perspective, Cruz's shots have a 75% chance of hitting the target!

Interesting?

Ciao,
Tim

Johnny Ludlow
23 Feb 06, 10:22
Don't talk out of your ass, Adriano might not be playing very good right now but don't say he's an average dribbler

He is not a good dribbler, that's my opinion, and I'm not talking out of my ass, whatever that means. I've seen him try go past players this season so many times with no success, it's frustrating and painful to watch. Unpredictability is one of the things that make a great attacking player. Adriano is so predictable in his dribbles, mainly because he always has to shoot with his left, it's just too easy to cover. In my humble opinion the cruel fact is, that something has to happen in his game, if he wants to be the player he was. It's not only about form, it's also that defenders now know how to defend against him.

23 Feb 06, 10:28
gr8 work Tim. Well done and thanx.

And Johny, agree with u ... Adriano goes past players mainly with his burst of speed. and he does need to start shooting with his right foot.

Gaetan
23 Feb 06, 12:00
He is not a good dribbler, that's my opinion, and I'm not talking out of my ass, whatever that means. I've seen him try go past players this season so many times with no success, it's frustrating and painful to watch. Unpredictability is one of the things that make a great attacking player. Adriano is so predictable in his dribbles, mainly because he always has to shoot with his left, it's just too easy to cover. In my humble opinion the cruel fact is, that something has to happen in his game, if he wants to be the player he was. It's not only about form, it's also that defenders now know how to defend against him.

Your absolutely right. You are not as fond of Adriano as I am, and I've got to totally agree with you which obviously means your on to something. Now, Adriano is in no way, shape or form an "average" dribbler in terms of pure skill and technique, but his lack of a right foot has made him so predictable at times this season that it may be the main reason why he's in the middle of such a drought.

Now, those that consider Adriano as losing his touch is ridiculous. He's been playing at this top level for over 2 years and it isn't like coaches have just decided to study his tapes. He is out of form and needs to get back at it, really that simple to get him back to scoring gols. The problems brought up by you are legit and will be neccessary Adriano to get to the next level in terms of a striker, though.

Just my opinion, of course.

Tanel
23 Feb 06, 12:43
Have you ever noticed how Adriano's form changes over the breaks and something.

Before going to Brazil's WC qualifiers in September - Awesome.
After qualifiers - Bad form
Going to November qualifiers - still bad form (a few good games)
After November qualifiers - awesome
Going to christmas break - awesome
After christmas break - bad
Going to 2 match ban - bad
After - ???

History better repeat itself now. Though, I'm surely not the only one who has recognized how he has had 3-4 players covering him after christmas. But he's still in bad form, striker-wise. I'm sure, in few games we'll see the emperor once again, ruling the great empire of Inter!

Inter's outcome of the season depends on whether he can get back his form or not. Otherwise, we're doomed.

Handoyo
23 Feb 06, 15:24
Great work Tim. Finally a fellow stats man after Tommi. :D

I don't know how reliable UEFA's website in those stats though. I clearly recall a Recoba assist for Adriano's 2nd goal against Artmedia in San Siro.

Hand;)yo

Miki
23 Feb 06, 17:50
I don't know how reliable UEFA's website in those stats though. I clearly recall a Recoba assist for Adriano's 2nd goal against Artmedia in San Siro.
Yeah, I included that assist in the first table, but I mistakenly ommitted it (honest mistake! :D) for the latter. UEFA's statistics are pretty reliable; after all, they are the governing body for all things European football. It would be greatly remiss on their part to offer statistics that aren't concrete. :)

Ciao,
Tim

Miki
26 Feb 06, 15:09
Updated statistics as of 26/02/06; old statistics in parentheses:

Adriano
Total minutes / Goals : 2964 / 17 (2964 / 17)
Minutes per goal in all competitions : 174.4 (174.4)

Minutes / Goals in Serie A : 2034 / 12 (2034 / 12)
Minutes per goal in Serie A : 169.5 (169.5)

Julio Cruz
Total minutes / Goals : 1816 / 14 (1722 / 12)
Minutes per goal in all competitions : 129.7 (143.5)

Minutes / Goals in Serie A : 1146 / 10 (1052 / 8)
Minutes per goal in Serie A : 114.6 (131.5)

Obafemi Martins
Total minutes / Goals : 2025 / 9 (1953 / 8)
Minutes per goal in all competitions : 225 (244.1)

Minutes / Goals in Serie A : 1415 / 7 (1343 / 6)
Minutes per goal in Serie A : 202.1 (223.8)

Alvaro Recoba
Total minutes / Goals : 928 / 4 (928 / 4)
Minutes per goal in all competitions : 232 (232)

Minutes / Goals in Serie A : 626 / 3 (626 / 3)
Minutes per goal in Serie A : 208.7 (208.7)

Adriano
Minutes per goal in all competitions : 174.4
Chance of scoring in any next game : 51.6%

Minutes per goal in Serie A : 169.5
Chance of scoring in next Serie A game : 53.1%

Julio Cruz
Minutes per goal in all competitions : 129.7
Chance of scoring in any next game : 69.4%

Minutes per goal in Serie A : 114.6
Chance of scoring in next Serie A game : 78.5%

Obafemi Martins
Minutes per goal in all competitions : 225
Chance of scoring in any next game : 40%

Minutes per goal in Serie A : 202.1
Chance of scoring in next Serie A game : 44.5%

Alvaro Recoba
Minutes per goal in all competitions : 232
Chance of scoring in any next game : 38.8%

Minutes per goal in Serie A : 208.7
Chance of scoring in next Serie A game : 43.1%
Ciao,
Tim

Miki
26 Feb 06, 15:38
Julio Cruz
Minutes per goal in Serie A : 131.5
Chance of scoring against Udinese : 68.4% Looks like those odds worked after all. :D

Grazie Cruz!

Ciao,
Tim

Tommi
23 Mar 06, 17:48
Updated statistics as of 23/03/06

...this is not for weak minded people.

Adriano
Total minutes / Goals : 3238 / 18 [2 penalties]
Minutes per goal in all competitions : 179,88

Minutes / Goals in Serie A : 2213 / 13 [2 penalties]
Minutes per goal in Serie A : 170,23

Julio Cruz
Total minutes / Goals : 1986 / 14 [2 penalties]
Minutes per goal in all competitions : 141,85

Minutes / Goals in Serie A : 1222 / 10 [1 penalty]
Minutes per goal in Serie A : 122,2

Obafemi Martins
Total minutes / Goals : 2261 / 9
Minutes per goal in all competitions : 251,22

Minutes / Goals in Serie A : 1476 / 7
Minutes per goal in Serie A : 210,85

Alvaro Recoba
Total minutes / Goals : 1178 / 6
Minutes per goal in all competitions : 196,33

Minutes / Goals in Serie A : 865 / 5
Minutes per goal in Serie A : 173
Look at Martins´ stats for example -> ´ Minutes per goal in all competitions : 251,22´ [Oh my! :lol:]

These stats are certainly NOT good enough for Inter! Ridiculous stats really. I wonder when was the last time our strikers were as bad? Martins-Adriano are supposed to be our best strikers, for years to come. :lol:

Kato
23 Mar 06, 20:46
Looks like Juve & Milan will be ass-raping us for years to come then unless something drastically changes :lol:

snake
23 Mar 06, 23:35
Tommi we dont need numbers.

im pretty sure its clear to most people.

Hammoudi
24 Mar 06, 01:37
Well, I am 100% sure there are those who still think our striker-force is world-class.

snake
24 Mar 06, 03:52
Well, I am 100% sure there are those who still think our striker-force is world-class.

theoretically they are, it just didnt click.

THe chances our midfield create have been amazing, so obviously the problem lies up front.

Miki
24 Mar 06, 04:43
At the rate Recoba is scoring, it wouldn't surprise me if he outdoes Martins to become the club's 3rd best scorer.

Which is really nothing to boast about, though.

Still, Martins must be getting worried seeing Recoba breathing down his neck in the scoring statistics. :D

Martins needs nearly 3 full games to score each goal. Shocking! :lol:

Ciao,
Tim

Handoyo
24 Mar 06, 13:20
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a370/Handoyo/Shtva.jpg

Summer of 2003
G@ylliani: Hey Berlu! Look at Sheva's goal-to-game ratio this season! It f*cking sucks! Let's sell him to Real Madrid!
B!tchlusconi: Yeah. Let's not give a flying f*ck how he fared in his first 3 seasons here.

NOT!!!

No way in hell am I claiming Martins is Sheva but even the best falls down sometime.

Tommi, why don't you get a stats on Vieri's year of 2004? I'm sure it'll be hellafun. :lol: Unfortunately we can't get stats of Vieri's incredible misses but nevermind. :D

All I'm saying is, there's no denying that Martins has looked incredibly bad this year but to banish him after 3 years of continuous improvement and a great last season, that'd be extremely harsh. Give the boy another season!

Edit: Damn, they banned my pic cos of the file's name. :lol: Gotta edit it.

Hand;)yo

Jimmy
24 Mar 06, 14:38
Martins can stay, but as a sub. I don't think there's any doubt anymore that he just doesn't cut it as a starting striker. He has at most scored eleven goals in a season, and then he even plays as a striker who is meant to score a lot of goals.

But he makes a hell of a lot of mess for the defending team, which is why he is perfect on the bench.

I was one of those who were all in favour of giving Adriano and Martins the chance to become our future partnership. It has failed, obviously. Both of them has underperformed.

24 Mar 06, 14:45
its not only Oba's form, it the chemistry he lacks with Adriano i am more concerned bout. Itz time to make the tough call and select one for nxt season.

and i beleive sending Oba out on loan where he wud get to play regularly wud do him a world of good.

Miki
24 Mar 06, 15:10
All I'm saying is, there's no denying that Martins has looked incredibly bad this year but to banish him after 3 years of continuous improvement and a great last season, that'd be extremely harsh. Give the boy another season!
Yes, but neither Tommi nor I were advocating the sale of Martins.

If anything, knowing Martins' capability to the fullest extent, we were simply using statistics to highlight the slump he has been in over the course of the last 6 months.

However, those numbers are incredibly poor. Martins had better do something to arrest the regression; the future doesn't look so bloomy for an Adriano - Martins partnership now, does it?

Ciao,
Tim

Tommi
24 Mar 06, 16:49
Tommi, why don't you get a stats on Vieri's year of 2004? I'm sure it'll be hellafun. :lol: So, i posted our striker stats and now you want to turn this into Vieri is crappy thread? Did i eat your noodles or why such an attack?

You wanted Vieri´s 03/04 stats i believe? Well, look no further [only Serie A though] -> http://www.forza-inter.com/forums/showpost.php?p=132130&postcount=103

Season 03/04

1746 minutes - 13 goals = Goal in every 134 minutes

Oh my! His worst season and he would still beat everyone [but Cruz] from our current team. Hellafun Han? :lol:

From inter.it archives: Overall he played in 32 matches, scored 17 goals [Serie A 22 matches-13 goals, CL 9-4, Coppa 1-0].

And last, good posts Jimmy and Tim. I also want Martins to be our sub in next season...

Stefan
24 Mar 06, 18:02

Skill wise Adriano is defenitly world class. Just ain't performing at the moment. He needs to mature and get his act together. But we need to buy a top striker in the summer.

Tanel
24 Mar 06, 21:32
I don't want a top striker! I want us to remain with the same attacking line up and so on. Henry can **** my arse! Our strikers were great last season and over the time they show world class games/potential. Now we need a man to guide them right and help them to hold their form. Every player can have a bad season/time! That doesen't mean he is a complete garbage of the rest of his career and should be sold or loaned out right away.

And I was hoping for our strikers to improve miles better when Mancini took over with his striker experiences, but it's sad that the players that used to go better and better before his "era" stopped improving. And it's very hard to score constatly when the manager barely has 2 same strikers in consecutive games.

Stats are just numbers which I only care about when they are league table. I have complete trust in all of our attacking players and I believe in them and I certainly don't want anyone new in.

Edit: And Adriano will sooner or later become consistent! It better happen with Inter.

J zanetti
24 Mar 06, 21:44
I was one of those who were all in favour of giving Adriano and Martins the chance to become our future partnership. It has failed, obviously. Both of them has underperformed.
Me to! Even before the start of this season I considered them as our future attacking duo - thinking that not only they are very compatible but based on their characteristic on the verge of being perfect. However their display when paired together proved me wrong! And seeing Adri almost playing on the LW when paired with Oba is a real torture to watch. :wallbang:

Now, I’m not sure whether it was / is because of Adri being almost as inconsistent as Chino or even at times as useless as Deki was during a VERY long period. Or because Oba hasn’t been on his best and nor performed to the standard that we were expecting of him. Sure Oba has improved his right food (yes, he is left footed) and acrobatics, but that’s about it! OR Could it perhaps be a combination of the two? :rolleyes:

Anyhow, we should definitely still keep Oba as part of our future squad. We shall see how bad we screw things up in the summer market. After all our management might want to give them another go!

Adriano@10
24 Mar 06, 22:51
It realy depend son who were able to get . But id preffer to give adri and oba another go then to buy.
Ronaldo Rvn ore Drogba

Coz i realy think they can play toghetter this year we were just very unlucky since one of them was allways in bad form injured ore just tired from nt duttyes

snake
24 Mar 06, 23:19
Ashkan, a player might seem useless cause he doesnt score or assit.

But when u have players like Veron and Figo in midfield, somebody has to do the dirty work. Even tho it doesnt make em look real good.

grande stan!

UhUhOleguer
25 Mar 06, 08:01
Me to! Even before the start of this season I considered them as our future attacking duo - thinking that not only they are very compatible but based on their characteristic on the verge of being perfect. However their display when paired together proved me wrong! And seeing Adri almost playing on the LW when paired with Oba is a real torture to watch. :wallbang: [COLOR=white][FONT=Tahoma]

Don't wanna blame everything on Stankovic, but when you play with 2 strikers and play a right footed player on the left wing, who moves inside, one striker has to move outside and fill that spot, so Adriano might have done that to get some free space or whatver, and hence a lot of his use has been lost.

It was also common for France at the Euro, when Zidane moved always towards the center, Henry had to drop to the left to fill the gap(because there was no decent leftback there either) and with Trezeguet in the middle too, the whole team plan became rubbish.

about the whole running and work thing....you might even see this when you play a 5-a-side game. There are players who run a lot, but because of their endless running they mess up the whole team, because they interfere with other peoples "space".

In good working teams, everyone has to know where to run and how to run. If a guy just runs around, because there are too many gaps, then something is wrong.

Handoyo
25 Mar 06, 09:34
Yes, but neither Tommi nor I were advocating the sale of Martins.

If anything, knowing Martins' capability to the fullest extent, we were simply using statistics to highlight the slump he has been in over the course of the last 6 months.

However, those numbers are incredibly poor. Martins had better do something to arrest the regression; the future doesn't look so bloomy for an Adriano - Martins partnership now, does it?
Well from the way you & Tommi talked, I kinda assumed it. :embarass::D But yeah, I basically agree with this post. Martins has been crap this season but I just found it saddening that while he deserves all the criticisms, very little support has been given to him, except by Oba's fan, despite his previous seasons with us. That was the main point of my previous posts.

So, i posted our striker stats and now you want to turn this into Vieri is crappy thread? Did i eat your noodles or why such an attack?

Oh my! His worst season and he would still beat everyone [but Cruz] from our current team. Hellafun Han? :lol:
What I meant was January 2004 - December 2004. I didn't want to make this into a Vieri = crap or Vieri vs Oba thread and I apologise if I sounded offensive. But I'm sure that you supported Vieri during his slumps which is just as worse and I believe you should treat Martins the same way. ;) With both criticisms and support, not only the former.

catanha
25 Mar 06, 09:58
Anyone else the hilarious (sad) irony if we sign Crespo?

Crespo was sold because of the emergence of Martins, because the great Inter managment believed after a good pre-season in which Martins scored a few goals, that he was going to be a sensation, therefore Crespo was not needed.
Now Crespo might join us 3 years later, because Martins hasn't turned into the player we expected. :lol:

Handoyo
25 Mar 06, 14:17
Crespo was sold because of the emergence of Martins, because the great Inter managment believed after a good pre-season in which Martins scored a few goals, that he was going to be a sensation, therefore Crespo was not needed.

Now Crespo might join us 3 years later, because Martins hasn't turned into the player we expected. :lol:
:nono:

I'm pretty sure that Crespo was sold because Cuper needed the money to buy the wingers we needed. In 02/03, we had sad excuses of Conceicao, Okan, Morfeo & Recoba as our wingers. In summer of 2003, where we had no money, Cuper wanted wingers and Crespo was sold to finance the move of Fadiga, Van Der Meyde, Kily & Luciano/Eriberto. Cruz was brought in as a cheaper alternative to Crespo.

But it'd be completely wrong to say that Martins wasn't a factor of that decision, as the Nigerian did very well in the year of 2003.

Hand;)yo

Miki
25 Mar 06, 18:29
Without a doubt, the value of our strikers is bordering on worthlessness. Their inability to strike with any sense of effeciency is rather disconcerting.

Adriano looks like a great many shades shy from his best form.

It is apparent that any plans for the next season must comprise of new faces in the striking department.

Ciao,
Tim

catanha
25 Mar 06, 23:22
Han, I'm 99% sure that the likes of Erirberto (ARF!....who was actually on a loan deal), van der Meyde, Kily and Fadiga were bought before Crespo was sold.
I remember reading everywhere, how well Martins had done in pre-season, so then Inter were contemplating selling Crespo because of the rise of Martins.

snake
26 Mar 06, 00:26
Anyone else the hilarious (sad) irony if we sign Crespo?

I still think it was a financial move, Chelsea came knockin and we took it.

Obviously there both related, the good money was offered and then they would think who will replace him n theyd expect martins too...

Handoyo
26 Mar 06, 04:10
Han, I'm 99% sure that the likes of Erirberto (ARF!....who was actually on a loan deal), van der Meyde, Kily and Fadiga were bought before Crespo was sold.

I remember reading everywhere, how well Martins had done in pre-season, so then Inter were contemplating selling Crespo because of the rise of Martins.
Yeah, Martins was our top-scorer in the pre-season.

As for whether Crespo was sold before or after those transfers, I think it doesn't change the fact that he was sold for the financial, not technical, reason. There could very much be a possibility that negotiations with Chelsea started before we bought the wingers but the Chelsea negotiations lasted longer and finished later.

Frisko
26 Mar 06, 11:34
While there is no denying that our strikers are having an awful season (with the exception of El Jardinero), I wonder how many of you have actually given up on Adriano and Martins.

How about a poll?

Given up on Adri/Given up on Martins/On both/Haven't given up

Jimmy
26 Mar 06, 11:48
I don't think selling Crespo was a wrong deal, at that time. Financially it was very good, because we had overpaid for Crespo anyway, and Chelsea gave us a chance to regain those money. No other team would pay as much as they do.

Crespo was also finding it difficult to play with Vieri, who at this time was our number one striker.

The offer was too good to turn down, and I was all for the transfer. Then again, I expected someone better than Cruz to be signed.

Priority number one for the coming season, is obviously a striker. I think that is the only spot in this team that needs to be changed. I'm fine with the keeper, defence and midfield. Find a partner to Adriano, and it's rock'n roll. And not a half-ass striker who MIGHT be good, but take this seriously. Give me Thierry Henry!

We will have a signicifant amount of money to spend during the summer, and if it takes everything to sign a world-class striker, then so be it. Because we are already covered on every single position.

Miki
26 Mar 06, 11:56
How about a poll?

Given up on Adri/Given up on Martins/On both/Haven't given up
You got it.

Ciao,
Tim

26 Mar 06, 12:56
they r not a pair. clear as daylight for me

Handoyo
26 Mar 06, 15:33
Whoa, I surely didn't expect Tim & Ashkan to pick the same option as I did. :D If you ask me, give the partnership another year, for the same reason why we should give Mancini another year. I'm of the opinion that not only have the partnership fails this year but the catalyst was the poor individual form of both striker.

minterke
26 Mar 06, 17:18
I think we should definetly keep both Adriano and Martins. Adriano because we know he can be world class and when he hits his prime he will be the most dangerous striker in the world and Martins because, like Gaetan puts it, is a sparkplug off the bench.

We obviously need a new partner for Adriano, but by no means do I or IMO should we sell either of them.

Ziyad
26 Mar 06, 18:44
Tell you the truth I think both are great we just dont know how to get them back easily to where they should be and take advantage of what they have to offer properly

Hammoudi
26 Mar 06, 22:34
If we get Crespo again, it would be rather ironice, YES!

Anyway, I think Crespo was sold because Cuper wasn't so hot on him anyway. He never wanted him (he wanted a 20-goal DiVaio back then to partner Vieri) but he got Crespo.

Also, I think Cuper likes to build his team around on true CF, and it was clear that Vieri was the man back then.

I really liked Crespo and was a bit upset he left, and felt bad by some words that he said. Would I want him back? I wanted to earlier, but now we re-signed Cruz and it seems Adriano wouldn't play well alongside another true CF.

As for Adriano-Martins? Give it a rest, it will never work.

snake
27 Mar 06, 03:58
Whoa, I surely didn't expect Tim & Ashkan to pick the same option as I did. :D If you ask me, give the partnership another year, for the same reason why we should give Mancini another year. I'm of the opinion that not only have the partnership fails this year but the catalyst was the poor individual form of both striker.

i personally believe that Adriano dragged down martins with him :D

For some reason (which sh!ts me like crazy) when Martins plays with Adri, martinsdoesnt do alot of running. Yet when Marti plays with Cruz, he runs much more into wide positions etc...

Miki
27 Mar 06, 17:27
Whoa, I surely didn't expect Tim & Ashkan to pick the same option as I did. :D If you ask me, give the partnership another year, for the same reason why we should give Mancini another year. I'm of the opinion that not only have the partnership fails this year but the catalyst was the poor individual form of both striker. Well, I have yet to reach a definitive conclusion, but I am leaning toward the negative option.

As the days go by though, the incompatibility becomes ever the more apparent. I fear another season with their torrid romance isn't going to bode well with the fans. :(

Ciao,
Tim

Durai
02 Apr 06, 21:09
Adriano needs a playmaker forward alongside him, martins isn't a playmaker forward

Miki
07 May 06, 18:55
Updated statistics for 7th May 2006.

Adriano
Total minutes / Goals : 3720 / 19
Minutes per goal in all competitions : 195.8

Minutes / Goals in Serie A : 2421 / 13
Minutes per goal in Serie A : 186.2

Julio Cruz
Total minutes / Goals : 2620 / 19
Minutes per goal in all competitions : 137.9

Minutes / Goals in Serie A : 1662 / 14
Minutes per goal in Serie A : 118.7

Obafemi Martins
Total minutes / Goals : 2839 / 12
Minutes per goal in all competitions : 236.6

Minutes / Goals in Serie A : 1973 / 9
Minutes per goal in Serie A : 219.2

Alvaro Recoba
Total minutes / Goals : 1483 / 6
Minutes per goal in all competitions : 247.2

Minutes / Goals in Serie A : 975 / 5
Minutes per goal in Serie A : 195
:D :lol:

Ciao,
Tim

Marcello
11 May 06, 10:53
Just shows Julio Cruz is our :star: and i hope we dam neva get rid of him

forza Julio

Miki
12 May 06, 17:02
Updated statistics for 12th May 2006.

Adriano
Total appearances : 47
Starting appearances : 44
Appearances from the bench : 3

Total minutes / Goals : 3789 / 19
Minutes per goal in all competitions : 199.4

Julio Cruz
Total appearances : 44
Starting appearances : 30
Appearances from the bench : 14

Total minutes / Goals : 2715 / 20
Minutes per goal in all competitions : 135.75

Minutes / Goals in Serie A : 1662 / 14
Minutes per goal in Serie A : 118.7

Obafemi Martins
Total appearances : 42
Starting appearances : 34
Appearances from the bench : 9

Total minutes / Goals : 2865 / 13
Minutes per goal in all competitions : 220.4

Alvaro Recoba
Total appearances : 30
Starting appearances : 21

Minutes per goal in Serie A : 195 Wow, Adriano's minutes per goal ratio has almost reached the 200 minute mark! :lol:

Ciao,
Tim

Miki
14 May 06, 16:01
Updated statistics for 14th May 2006.

Adriano
Total appearances : 47
Starting appearances : 44
Appearances from the bench : 3

Total minutes / Goals : 3789 / 19
Minutes per goal in all competitions : 199.4

Julio Cruz
Total appearances : 45
Starting appearances : 31
Appearances from the bench : 14

Total minutes / Goals : 2807 / 21
Minutes per goal in all competitions : 133.7

Minutes / Goals in Serie A : 1754 / 15
Minutes per goal in Serie A : 116.9

Obafemi Martins
Total appearances : 42
Starting appearances : 34

Total minutes / Goals : 2865 / 13
Minutes per goal in all competitions : 220.4

Alvaro Recoba
Total appearances : 30
Starting appearances : 21

Minutes per goal in Serie A : 195
Cruz signs off in style. :star:

Ciao,
Tim

brehme1989
14 May 06, 18:57
I voted the 2nd option, but I do not feel that they are completely incompatible together... It's just that I don't see them having a great future together, maybe a good or good enough future, depends on what's good enough... :rolleyes: Anyway... :P

nove
01 Jun 06, 12:40
i honestly think that Martins is to weak for Serie A. He'd be right at home in la liga. What Adriano needs is some one around him to create/pass and support him aswell as score, someone like Cassano, Del Piero or Tevez.

Karim
03 Jun 06, 13:35
Adriano needs a playmaker forward alongside him, martins isn't a playmaker forward

Adriano IS our playmaking forward since the Super Cup

Inter101
03 Jun 06, 15:15
i honestly think that Martins is to weak for Serie A. He'd be right at home in la liga. What Adriano needs is some one around him to create/pass and support him aswell as score, someone like Cassano, Del Piero or Tevez.
Martins isn't weak, he has strength way beyond his size. Serie a's perfect for him, big stadiums so he can run around more freely.

Miki
03 Jun 06, 22:54
Martins isn't weak, he has strength way beyond his size. Serie a's perfect for him, big stadiums so he can run around more freely.
Actually, I don't believe nove had physical weakness in mind there.

Ciao,
Tim

nove
04 Jun 06, 12:04
yeah, no miki actually i was talking about physical weakness, some defender just gives him the lightest of checks (which is what italian defence is pretty much all about -> intimmidating and destracting strikers) and lil'oba flys 10 meters. plus arsenal,man u and tottenham are ready to splash out bigtime on him as reported on channel4 2day. i dunno, he has certain great skills but i just don't see him progressing and making a major impact.
don't get me wrong guys, he would make one hell of a joker when we need to counterattack but i'd rather have a more rubust guy like boijnov or tevez upfront.
what weakness did you have in mind miki?

also on channel4 it reports that Adriano promissed that he won't leave Inter before Inter wins a major trophy (I hope even after we start winning major trophies he'll stick around till he's old and goes back to Flamengo) but on the same note he says that he wants major changes, i think especially in the forward department so i gues he'll let the big man know who he thinks will work best with him up front.
i read on bild.de that perreira said his pissed at kaka cuz now kaka is talking about a move away from ac. has anyone heard something along those lines asweel.
i hope a big surprise will happen.