PDA

View Full Version : New rules in Italian football?

Pod
11 Nov 05, 12:38
Inter braced for foreign concept
Friday 11 November, 2005
Inter may have to give their squad a complete overhaul this summer as CONI aim to introduce new protectionist regulations from next season.

CONI, the governing body for sport in Italy, is currently discussing moves to reduce the number of foreign nationals permitted to play for Italian clubs.

It is perceived that fewer Italian players are getting the chance to make the grade and ply their trade in Italy, as a result of the influx of foreign players, and so steps are being taken to ‘protect’ youth systems.

CONI’s new directive stipulates revolutionary changes to the current system if enforced, as intended, from next season.

Under the new regime, of 18 players - the first 11 and seven substitutes - in a match-day squad submitted to the referee, at least 50 per cent must be Italian or have come through the ranks at an Italian outfit.

The squad of players at a club, meanwhile, must also consist of at least 50 per cent home-grown players.

The new regulation will come as a shock to the system for numerous Serie A sides, many of whom look abroad for new recruits.

Inter, in particular, will be seriously affected by the new ruling as they boast no fewer than 18 foreigners. Only five of Roberto Mancini’s men hail from Italy.

Francesco Toldo, Marco Materazzi, Giuseppe Favalli, Paolo Orlandoni and Cristiano Zanetti are their Italians – even if only Materazzi and Favalli can be considered first-choice players.

Critics of the proposals will say that clubs will flout the new laws by recruiting foreign players at a younger age, developing them at the expense of other Italians and sending them out to other clubs on loan.

(channel4)

Pod
11 Nov 05, 12:42
We will concentrate on Italian footballers this summer I guess.Grosso,oddo or potenza,mesto,Cassano comes to my mind first.

Mikkel
11 Nov 05, 14:38
I'm not even sure such a rule would be legal, you can't favourite Italians, it would simply be illegal. if the rule said that 50% have to be European then the rule would not break an EU regulation. but it says Italian and that is a clear violation of that regulation.

Handoyo
11 Nov 05, 14:57
Like Mikkel, I don't believe that the rule will take place, at least not from the start of next season. I mean, come on! Just imagine your boss coming up to you and say, "I want you to triple the f*cking annual turnover by the end of the year!". :D It's too unrealistic and unreasonable. Unless of course there are 'the powers that be' who push for this rule because this will jeopardise their rivals much more than themselves. :rolleyes:1) Buffon, 2) Birindelli, 3) Pesotto, 4) Cannavaro, 5) Zambrotta, 6) Blasi, 7) Camoranesi, 8) Del Piero, 9) Giannichedda, 10) Chimenti, 11) Chiellini

1) Nesta, 2) Maldini, 3) Costacurta, 4) Pirlo, 5) Ambrosini, 6) Gattuso, 7) Vieri, 8) Gilardino, 9) F.InzaghiIf it indeed happens, then we truly are f*cked in the @ss and it will be a devastating thing that will cost us a few years to recover.

Edit: Btw, I changed the topic's title since it's misleading because this rule has not been confirmed yet.

Fabio
11 Nov 05, 15:47
Hope it comes true, although like Han said it will penalise Inter...

Don't say me, Tommi, Jake didn't warn you!

Fabio :)

Handoyo
11 Nov 05, 15:56
Hope it comes true, although like Han said it will penalise Inter...
In other words, you couldn't care less about the jeopardy that Inter is gonna be in because of this rule just to satisfy your love for your fellow Italians? ;)

Fabio
11 Nov 05, 16:03
Haha how did I know you would be the first to reply?

I care very much so, but people should have thought about these kind of things earlier.

Fabio

Pod
11 Nov 05, 16:15
the problem is that Moggi is in controll of italian mercato, so for us it will be difficult.

Handoyo
11 Nov 05, 16:22
Oh Fabio Einstein, of course you would have known! After all, me and Frisko have been stalking you for weeks already! We're scrutinizing your post and will rebut any point of view that you make in the forums! :fero: Call it an obsession, call it an idolization, we just can't help but do it. :shades:

Oh, and Fabio, should anyone ever tell you that we replied to your posts immediately just because we happened to be online at the same time and disagree/agree to your point of view, don't believe them! You heard it from Han the Man himself. Yes, we are indeed stalking you. :)

I care very much so, but people should have thought about these kind of things earlier.
Let me rephrase my question then, you would prefer to put Inter in jeopardy just to prove that you were smart and they were dumb because you thought of this scenario earlier?

Fabio
11 Nov 05, 16:29
:scared: Shock horror! :rolleyes:

Anyway, back on topic (if it's possible for you):

You know I have long wanted more Italians to come to Inter and I have always been surprised that it hasn't happened. I think a great thing would be for this rule to begin from the 07/08 season, giving all teams more time to prepare and produce (youngsters). Is it a surprise your insult was long than your point??

Fabio :stress:

Frisko
11 Nov 05, 17:30
Oh Fabio Einstein, of course you would have known! After all, me and Frisko have been stalking you for weeks already! We're scrutinizing your post and will rebut any point of view that you make in the forums! :fero: Call it an obsession, call it an idolization, we just can't help but do it. :shades:

Oh, and Fabio, should anyone ever tell you that we replied to your posts immediately just because we happened to be online at the same time and disagree/agree to your point of view, don't believe them! You heard it from Han the Man himself. Yes, we are indeed stalking you. :)

Let me rephrase my question then, you would prefer to put Inter in jeopardy just to prove that you were smart and they were dumb because you thought of this scenario earlier?

Lol Han :star:

Yeah Fabio I bet you actually sit there and count the seconds it takes people to reply to topics. And when you don't know what to say, suddenly you want to 'go back on topic' :dielaugh: You have this habit of feeling at the centre of attention eh? Must be a kid thing :rolleyes: (to use one of your fav smileys).

Anyway only you could be happy about such a rule when it would completely destroy us.

This rule is basically just racist crap and it will never be approved, even if CONI did, a civil court would not allow it. No need to worry then.

Tommi
11 Nov 05, 19:53
http://www.casalazio.it/immagini/news/coni.jpg

:hug: :heart:

CONI, the governing body for sport in Italy, is currently discussing moves to reduce the number of foreign nationals permitted to play for Italian clubs.
:thumbsup:

Inter, in particular, will be seriously affected by the new ruling as they boast no fewer than 18 foreigners.
:thumbsdo:

Critics of the proposals will say that clubs will flout the new laws by recruiting foreign players at a younger age, developing them at the expense of other Italians and sending them out to other clubs on loan.
This is what has happened already, nothing new in there.

Anywayz, my views havent changed since i wrote to italian player debate (http://forza-inter.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1129) thread. It would be pointless to basically say same things in this thread. In that thread, there were so many good posts from a lot of us. A must read to all whomīs interested!

This rule is basically just racist crap and it will never be approved...<snip>
Never know Mr.Frisko, never know.

Racist crap? How does this proposition from CONI differ from the rule we already have (meaning that we have that non-EU player rule (we can only sign one non EU player per year or something)).

Frisko
11 Nov 05, 20:32
It differs a great, immense deal, because EU citizens have the exact same rights no matter which country within the union they live in.

shahz_nerazzurri
11 Nov 05, 21:05
Racist Crap. LOLZ, its not Racism, if you want your country men to succeed more than foriegners .

But 50% :confused: :confused:, MY ASS. I would have liked this rule, had it been something like 25% percent, but these guys want half of all the players in a club to be italians, That is pure crap. Its gonna make serieA much less intresting.

I just done see this rule happening, this rule maybe disastarous for us, but its still not pleasing for Milan or Gobbi's. Milan have 9 italians in their squad of 23, so they will need 3 more according to this rule. Juve have 11 in their squad of 25, they will also need 2 more. U guys really think Milan would be willing to get 3 italian players in next year transfer winodow :wallbang:

I wouldnt worry too much about it, this rule won't get enforced NEXT YEAR, its impossible. It has three main flaws.
1. U just dont give a club 8 months to change their whole look, something which has been built over the past 5 years.
2.With so few foriegners scudetto just won't remain, italian teams night even get much weaker in CL.
3. Where the F-CKING HELL R CLUBS GOING TO FIND SO MANY ITALIAN PLAYERS???

If wrose comes to wrose, I think they will give the clubs until 2007, and reduce the no. of italian compulsory to 25%. This will still affect us, but still we'll have time to deal with it. I personally would love seeing more italians at inter, its so odd, supporting all these gobbi & milan players, playing for Italy, and not having a single Inter player to support. :mad: .Face it guys, we really are bad for Italian football (k, I am ready for it :D). If all the big clubs start following in our footsteps Italian National team will go to hell.

Tommi
11 Nov 05, 22:17
EU is such a racist towards non EU countries then.

shahz_nerazzurri: I dont think itīs true that CONI demands that 50% of the players HAS TO be Italians. Channel4 just "may" have exaggerated their story a little.

Still, :star: to CONI. At least they try to save italian football!

Hammoudi
12 Nov 05, 01:16
If they want to improve the Italian youth system, they should do other things. The thing is that if a player from Ghana, Peru or Latvia lives in Italy or EU country for 5 years, he will become a citizen, and won't be considered foreign. So what's the point?

I really can't think of a solution to improve the youth system. I think it has little to do with your own league, otherwise Brazil and Argentina wouldn't qualify to the WC.

If Coni wants to take drastic measure to ensure it, then they should say that 50% of the players should be native Italians. They must be clear on that so that their aim won't be defeated.

scutzon
12 Nov 05, 02:13
I don't think this new rule would be implemented at the end of this season, if at all. If they are really implementing it, then they'd probably give the clubs a few years to get their squad together. But if they're really implementing it at the end of this season, then we're in some deep sh!t.

Handoyo
12 Nov 05, 03:49
Speaking about the "warnings" that the clubs should have heeded, I personally don't recall them at all. Yes, there have been rumours & talks about such a rule being implemented by there was nothing firm & definite and thus they can't be classified as "warnings". What if Inter actually sold Adriano for Giampaolo Pazzini just because of this rule but in the end it didn't happen? It would turn out to be a harakiri move for the club.

Hand;)yo

BlueBacchus
12 Nov 05, 07:49
I do not think that it is racist, rather a protective measure to ensure the quality of Italian youth to rise, and hence secure the future of the Italian national team.
In all honesty, I am embracing this measure, but like most of you, this measure should not take place next season, but rather in a transitonal period.
Like Fabio stated season 07/08, however I think it should be a bit later, like 09/10.

Frisko
12 Nov 05, 08:15
Laws are laws guys. No matter if your intentions are good, you can't just pretend they don't exist.

The law says that every EU citizen has the same rights, including free movement between countries and working rights. CONI can not and will not ignore this and make new rules regardless.

Surely things have changed in regard to players and big clubs. It's now much harder for young Italian players to find space in such clubs. Then again, look at the Gilardinos, Vieris, Inzaghis, they came out in small teams and were good enough to find space in the major clubs.

Also, we don't have 6/7 top teams in serie A anymore, we have 3. I mean Udinese is a big club nowadays and freaking Sensini plays regularly. Young players still have a chance.

In a world of football with focuses so much on money, where the CL has become such a big and vital competition, talking about changing these rules is just silly.

And only UEFA could do it, surely CONI couldn't do such thing on their own.

BlueBacchus
12 Nov 05, 08:19
Well if I am correct, isn't UEFA moving in a similar path that CONI mentions?

Enricos
12 Nov 05, 09:06
The law says that every EU citizen has the same rights, including free movement between countries and working rights. CONI can not and will not ignore this and make new rules regardless.

It's not against any law to make a rule about Italians in the squad...

The non-italians can still do their job (train with us), but we can't put them on the field, so we wouldn't violate any law

As much as I hate this rule, I have a feeling it might come true... :S

Mikkel
12 Nov 05, 09:42

It's not against any law to make a rule about Italians in the squad...

The non-italians can still do their job (train with us), but we can't put them on the field, so we wouldn't violate any law

As much as I hate this rule, I have a feeling it might come true... :S

Yes it would be against the law, the law clearly says that all workers have the same working rights, and that would not be the case if you make a low that favorites Italians which this one dos. As Frisko said a law is a law, CONI's intention might be good, but the have clearly crossed the line for What is acceptable. I'm against favoritism of any kind, and if you say that this rule don't smell of racism then you are naive, maybe it's not meant that way, but any kind of favoritism ībecause of color or nationality is racism either you like it or not. And the one saying that Eu is also racistic then, might have a point here, but we as European can't afford to have none EU citizen to work and to live here, it would destroy the economical fundamental we have because then everybody could come and get social benefit. And that is the whole point why many want to come to Europe because they can get money and get a better life, but we as European can't possible afford such expenses that will come if we open our boarders. Besides another problem will be work, we haven't enough work to all those people and many of them will force European out of their jobs because the companies can exploit this immigrants. Besides no European want to jeopardize what we have now for some non-EU citizen human rights.

While CONI's proposal would have no economical benefit, for the country. or for Italians in general.

shahz_nerazzurri
12 Nov 05, 11:03
No offence, but some of you really need to check the meaning of Racism

Mikkel
12 Nov 05, 11:23
there is two forms of Racism Biological and cultural. Many today only think that there is one form and that is the biological racism also the most known of the two forms. of cause saying that the rule CONI want is racism is putting it on the edge of a knife. maybe I exaggerated a bit. Maybe we should call it a fascistic proposal instead :D

12 Nov 05, 11:41
i never knew that we had so many "legal eagles" over here :)

Stefan
12 Nov 05, 12:05
I have made my views clear on this before but here it goes again.

This is defenitly racism. Racism is the discrimation of one group above another.

What this rule says is that italians are superior to other countries.

And I am dam sure its against eu laws.

Another thing quatas as this is is bad for sport. I have seen what quatas do in SA sport its not a good thing. What will happen is the player who gets in cause of this quata will know he doesn't really deserve to be in the team he is just there cause he is "italian" not because he is the better player.

Finally I would like to say I have nothing against buying good italian players who can make the team better.

I am against any artificial interferrence in markets and sports and thats what coni is trying to do.

Stefan
12 Nov 05, 12:08
Well if I am correct, isn't UEFA moving in a similar path that CONI mentions?

No they are saying you have to have 4 home grown players in your squad. No mention of nationalities. Since according to them it would be against eu law. ;)

Kato
12 Nov 05, 12:47
Still, it's gotta be said that the EU is bunch of useless crap :D
Bit of a waste of freakin time when they still havent worked out votes for those member states that joined almost 2 years ago!!
Not as if all member states have equal rights anyway, but not even gona go there.
I think 50% is way too harsh, though i'd agree with something like 10%.. But I think the way forward is improving the youth system rather than holding back the senior squads.

Fabio
12 Nov 05, 13:08

Lol Han :star:

Yeah Fabio I bet you actually sit there and count the seconds it takes people to reply to topics. And when you don't know what to say, suddenly you want to 'go back on topic' :dielaugh: You have this habit of feeling at the centre of attention eh? Must be a kid thing :rolleyes: (to use one of your fav smileys).

Anyway only you could be happy about such a rule when it would completely destroy us.

This rule is basically just racist crap and it will never be approved, even if CONI did, a civil court would not allow it. No need to worry then.

No honestly, if you wanted to keep arguing I don't mind, but I thought you might be a little fed up with that, we could always talk on MSN.

:rolleyes: is a great smiley, it sums up my feelings when I read somethings on here.

Anyway only you would question my love for Inter, jeez. :blind:

Fabio

Stefan
12 Nov 05, 18:35
I also don't see the point of these rules since most of the clubs except inter have lots of italians on the field anyway.

shahz_nerazzurri
12 Nov 05, 22:45
I have made my views clear on this before but here it goes again.

This is defenitly racism. Racism is the discrimation of one group above another.

What this rule says is that italians are superior to other countries.

Okay, let me just go off topic here. You know Universities in Britian charge you 4 times more, if you are a forienger or rather from a non-EU country, same thing about Canadian or American or any other universities in the world, so I think then that would also come under the Racist act. The tax that some of the foriengers have to pay just because they are foriengers would then also come under Racism, infact the whole Visa policy is a Racist then, as you are preffering your country men over others. :wallbang:.

Damn, the world is full of Racism :rolleyes:

Hammoudi
12 Nov 05, 23:24
I really don't see it as racism. Besides, those who say it's racism because it is discriminating against EU laws, wouldn't the EU laws themselves be racist because they favour Europeans over non-Europeans?

For the record, I don't think the EU laws are racist. It's just a protection of Europeans. But you can't say that Coni are racists, and at the same time say the EU isn't.

Besides, I think the right word is 'discriminant', not racist.

Kato
12 Nov 05, 23:32
Of course it's more expensive for Uni & stuff if ur from out the country, why would the bill payers in this country want to support people who decide they want to be educated here but dont want to give anything back to the economy..

As far as I see it the EU is stupid/pointless/whatever. But I also think these rules are stupid, it shouldn't matter what the nationality of the player is, thats what the NTs are for. Club football has been multicultural for a long time & I hope it stays that way

BlueBacchus
13 Nov 05, 06:48
That is why I say this with all my heart "Join the US of A!" :D

Mikkel
13 Nov 05, 07:41
NO Thanks, I'm just fine here in Denmark, it's allot more dangerous in the states then in most European countries, in America it can be a risk to go outside your door you might even get shot, that rarely happens here in Europe and especially in Denmark. We might be a little unknown country with no influence what so ever, but at least we are one of the most secure countries in the world.

And our universities & stuff are for "free" :D if you live in Scandinavia. Good bless Denmark.

But hamed is right it's more discriminant' then racist, as I said calling it racism is exaggerating.

Miki
13 Nov 05, 15:37
Racism is a form of discrimination on racial grounds. If you favor a racial group over another, you are both a bigot and a racist.

Ciao,
Tim

Mikkel
13 Nov 05, 16:04
Racism is a form of discrimination on racial grounds. If you favor a racial group over another, you are both a bigot and a racist.

Ciao,
Tim

you forget that there are another form for racism called cultural, not near as common as racial but it dos exist.

Hammoudi
13 Nov 05, 16:24
Yeah, discrimination includes racism, sexism etc. etc. So it's better to be general in this case, because I don't think racism applies. I don't know what the right word is? Maybe nationalism :D

Mikkel
13 Nov 05, 17:22
nationalism is actually a perfect word for it, and you can easily defend that CONI's new proposal is a Nationalistic proposal.

13 Nov 05, 17:42
all said and done a club shud have some responsibility towards the development of football in the country in which it is based ... and that translates into fielding few more Italian players ( few more than Inter currently have)

its like responsible citizens looking after their country's interrests , there shud not be any law that dictates to him what he shud do or not do.

Stefan
13 Nov 05, 18:43
all said and done a club shud have some responsibility towards the development of football in the country in which it is based ... and that translates into fielding few more Italian players ( few more than Inter currently have)

its like responsible citizens looking after their country's interrests , there shud not be any law that dictates to him what he shud do or not do.

Why ?? Clubs are private entities not national corporations owned by the state. They should look after themselves.

Tommi
15 Nov 05, 09:13
And only UEFA could do it, surely CONI couldn't do such thing on their own.
Isnīt CONI basically the same to Italy, than RFEF (Spanish Football Federation) is to Spain? Well, FIGC is the same than RFEF, but i remember FIGC has talked about this as well. When RFEF can do it, then why CONI/FIGC couldnīt? That doesnīt make any sense.

Under RFEF rules Spanish clubs are only allowed three non-European Union players in their squad.

Laws are laws guys. No matter if your intentions are good, you can't just pretend they don't exist.
Again, if Spain could do it and it seems to NOT be forbidden, then how come Italy couldnīt. If it would be illegal, then Spain wouldnīt have that 3 non-EU player law.

Stefan
15 Nov 05, 10:56
Tommi what Coni wants to do isn't just foreigners. They want to exclude eu members. Spains is legal since it doesn't block how many eu members it only restricts foreigners.

BTW I heard from some italian interisti that players who have played 5 or more years in italia will be classified as italian according to this rule.

That means jz,cordoba,stankovic, martins and recoba will be classified as "italian".

Tommi
15 Nov 05, 11:18
Stefan, i understand CONI (and FIGC) doesnīt only want what Spain has, but that would be a good start for them. At least itīs legal. After that is done, find a loophole and modify that rule a bit.

That means jz,cordoba,stankovic, martins and recoba will be classified as "italian".
I think that could be true IF those players will get italian passport...just like Roberto Carlos and €naldo just got their spanish passports. Which i think is silly by the way. Why would they get spanish passports when they are brazilians and they represent Brazil. In my opinion you should get a passport - from the country youīre working - only if you have been in that country 10 to 15 years or more.

15 Nov 05, 14:53

Why ?? Clubs are private entities not national corporations owned by the state. They should look after themselves.
when u play CL for example u represent Italy ; and serie A is the Italaina national league.

i mean that no one shud be forced to have Italians in their squad.

but it is downright improper to ignore ur responsiblities in the development of the game in the country where u play

this is not about legal or illegal ; 2 me it shud be a moral responsibility.

and whether u oppose my feelings or not ; if u think u will find that u wud preffer to have some more Italians in the squad than some of the mediocre European talents we have

sladdi
16 Nov 05, 00:38
at least 50 per cent must be Italian or have come through the ranks at an Italian outfit.

what excactly does that mean?
i've read somewhere else that a foreign player who has been playing in italy for long would not be affected by the new rules...

if so, we shouldn't have any problems, as stankovic, capitano, cordoba, pizarro, martins, veron, mihajlovic, recoba and ze maria (the latter 4 will probably leave us anyway after this season) have all been playing in italy for a very long time (5+ years everyone)

we could also do it the real madrid way... like they've done with ronaldo and roberto carlos.. just give some the italian passport. :D they've been in italy for long and they speak the damn language.

gut generally i would welcome a few more italians in our team. players that come to my mind are grosso, chiellini, barzagli, bonera, cassano, and miccoli

Hammoudi
16 Nov 05, 02:59
Yeah Don T, I understand your point. It's kind of silly to hear Roberto Carlos and Ronaldo becoming Spanish for probably giving Real more seats to fill with non-EU players.

Which is the same like I said, CONI has to make sure that it defines an Italian clearly. I think a safe way would be to tell the player that if he becomes Italian, he can't play for his NT. But again, this maybe unfair for the player himself since it will be hard for him to make it to the Italian NT and abandon his NT.

So, I don't know what the solution is. But I just think it's silly for players to get passports from nations just to enable their clubs to bend the rules. This may dilute what it means to be Spanish or whatever. Not that I am a patriotic person, but it's upsetting to see people using these things to dance around the rules.

Stefan
16 Nov 05, 08:39
Yeah Don T, I understand your point. It's kind of silly to hear Roberto Carlos and Ronaldo becoming Spanish for probably giving Real more seats to fill with non-EU players.

Which is the same like I said, CONI has to make sure that it defines an Italian clearly. I think a safe way would be to tell the player that if he becomes Italian, he can't play for his NT. But again, this maybe unfair for the player himself since it will be hard for him to make it to the Italian NT and abandon his NT.

So, I don't know what the solution is. But I just think it's silly for players to get passports from nations just to enable their clubs to bend the rules. This may dilute what it means to be Spanish or whatever. Not that I am a patriotic person, but it's upsetting to see people using these things to dance around the rules.

Coni has no jurisdication over that. Thats the italian goverments jurisdiction.

Plus I don't see whats the problem with having more than 1 nationality. a lot of people around the world has this so they can work in a certain country its not just the footballers.

Stefan
16 Nov 05, 08:40

when u play CL for example u represent Italy ; and serie A is the Italaina national league.

i mean that no one shud be forced to have Italians in their squad.

but it is downright improper to ignore ur responsiblities in the development of the game in the country where u play

this is not about legal or illegal ; 2 me it shud be a moral responsibility.

and whether u oppose my feelings or not ; if u think u will find that u wud preffer to have some more Italians in the squad than some of the mediocre European talents we have

I won't get involved in an ethical/moral debate. There are jsut too many views and philosophies on that.

But I disagree about inter representing italia in the cl. The serie a is just a mechanism for us to get to the cl imho. We have no obligation to represent italy. Just my opinion.

Tommi
16 Nov 05, 11:05
Yeah, it just shows how stupid many of the EU laws are.

Edit: Today we have six italians. Toldo is about to leave, Orlandoni is useless and might retire/ leave, Andreolli will probably be loaned to a smaller team, Favalli might stay (as a back-up for next season i assume), Materazzi - same thing than Favalli, Cristiano will go to Juve...me thinks.

Then, what do we got, where is our italians?! Oh dear, oh dear! It would be simply outrageous if what i predicted will happen.

One can only hope that FIGC or/and CONI saves us from our management!

Frisko
16 Nov 05, 17:34

Whateverrrr :rolleyes:

Stefan
16 Nov 05, 17:47

Totally agree.

Save us from what??

From the evil foregeiner??

Yeah Right. :dielaugh:

Frisko
16 Nov 05, 17:52
Sometimes I wonder if these are Forza Inter Forums or Forza Italia Forums :P

Tommi
16 Nov 05, 18:14
You mean "whatever, minger!", right? :D

Save us from what??

Well, i know youīre happy with average foreigners. So, pointless to "argue" with you.

Only few of us wants more italians and thereīs nothing wrong saying that, right? This is a forum where we can post our opinions, right? I am very interested about this issue and thatīs why i keep posting about it. But if you want, you can ignore my posts or i can stay away from this forum.

Frisko
16 Nov 05, 18:17
No Tommi, no need for such drastic measures, as you said you're surely entitled to your opinion.

Oh another thing, stop reading my mind :P

Stefan
16 Nov 05, 18:30
You mean "whatever, minger!", right? :D

Save us from what??

Well, i know youīre happy with average foreigners. So, pointless to "argue" with you.

Only few of us wants more italians and thereīs nothing wrong saying that, right? This is a forum where we can post our opinions, right? I am very interested about this issue and thatīs why i keep posting about it. But if you want, you can ignore my posts or i can stay away from this forum.

Where do you get that idea from?? I don't want average foreigners. I want the best players at the best value. And the only average foreigner I see at Inter is Wome. I would have preferred potenza to him. But I see no other average foreigner. :rolleyes:

Wallace
16 Nov 05, 19:57
Doesn't Inter this name means a team that is manipulated with many players with different nationalities? If Inter has 50% italian players on pitch, then it seems like Inter has lost it's meaning

Hammoudi
17 Nov 05, 03:56
Plus I don't see whats the problem with having more than 1 nationality. a lot of people around the world has this so they can work in a certain country its not just the footballers.

There is nothing wrong with holding one more nationality, nothing whatsoever. However, I don't think it's fair to just hold a nationality so that you can bend the rules like some clubs do, I think it's unfair.

But if a player truly feels that he loves the country and he is proud to be a citizen of it, all right to him. But if he gets it so that his team can vacate some non-EU spots, then it's not right.

Pod
17 Nov 05, 12:41
It's not about players on the pitch,it's about team including also reserves,so it's possible that we will go with first 11 with 2 italians + 7 italians on the reserve.That' will give 50 % of Italians since all squad for the games includes 18 names.

this is from Tuttomercato web.Our situation

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/index.php?action=read&id=16585

Wome and Martins doesn'tr counts because they where young when they played in Italy.But I have no idea why there is no Cordoba ?

Hammoudi
17 Nov 05, 19:20
Cordoba came when he was about 24 years old, I think. I don't know, maybe he has a Spanish passport or so.

Which is another thing, I think there is no harm for some of our players to get EU passports based on ancestory. I don't know if JZ, Cordoba and Recoba are considered EU or not, but if not, I guess they should get Italian or Spanish passports based on where their ancestors come from.

This is an 'ethical' way to meet the rules.

Stefan
18 Nov 05, 07:03
Cordoba came when he was about 24 years old, I think. I don't know, maybe he has a Spanish passport or so.

Which is another thing, I think there is no harm for some of our players to get EU passports based on ancestory. I don't know if JZ, Cordoba and Recoba are considered EU or not, but if not, I guess they should get Italian or Spanish passports based on where their ancestors come from.

This is an 'ethical' way to meet the rules.

JZ has an italian passport. Might even have dual citenzenship since he owns a restauarant and has been in italia for 10 years. Cambiasso and Burdisso have italian passports. Oba and Wome have been italia since very young. Solari has a spanish passport. I think pizzaro too.

Tommi
20 Nov 05, 11:25
Where do you get that idea from?? I don't want average foreigners. I want the best players at the best value. And the only average foreigner I see at Inter is Wome. I would have preferred potenza to him. But I see no other average foreigner.
- Cesar (average)
- Mihajlovic (below average)
- Wome (below average)
- Ze Maria (average)
- Kily (average)
- Ģigo (average)
- Solari (average)
- Martins (average)

Of course sometimes anyone of them seems to be playing like a superstar, but theyīre usually very average or even below that. 10 to 13 points behind the leader (Juve) after just 12 rounds. I shouldīve probably mentioned our whole squad. None (excepts Cruz) has played good so far and Cruz is at bench more than he should, that says something about our team. Itīs certain that we have plenty of average players and/or they are not giving their all to win. If you dont have any class, itīs difficult to play better though, i understand that.

About Podīs post. Are all of these... ->

Portieri: Julio Cesar (26)

Difensori: Burdisso (24), Mihajlovic (26), Samuel (27), Zanetti (32), Zč Maria (32).

Centrocampisti: Cambiasso (25), Figo (33), Kily Gonzalez (31), Pizarro (26), Solari (29), Stankovic (27), Veron (30).

Attaccanti: Adriano (23), Cruz (31), Recoba (29).

...our non-eu players? 16 players are from non-eu countries out of 26 players (total). And Martins & Wome has some problems as well? Worrying...

Stefan
20 Nov 05, 21:50
Where do you get that idea from?? I don't want average foreigners. I want the best players at the best value. And the only average foreigner I see at Inter is Wome. I would have preferred potenza to him. But I see no other average foreigner.
- Cesar (average)
- Wome (below average)
- Ze Maria (average)
- Kily (average)
- Ģigo (average)
- Solari (average)
- Martins (average)

Of course sometimes anyone of them seems to be playing like a superstar, but theyīre usually very average or even below that. 10 to 13 points behind the leader (Juve) after just 12 rounds. I shouldīve probably mentioned our whole squad. None (excepts Cruz) has played good so far and Cruz is at bench more than he should, that says something about our team. Itīs certain that we have plenty of average players and/or they are not giving their all to win. If you dont have any class, itīs difficult to play better though, i understand that.

Difensori: Burdisso (24), Mihajlovic (26), Samuel (27), Zanetti (32), Zč Maria (32).

Centrocampisti: Cambiasso (25), Figo (33), Kily Gonzalez (31), Pizarro (26), Solari (29), Stankovic (27), Veron (30).

...our non-eu players? 16 players are from non-eu countries out of 26 players (total). And Martins & Wome has some problems as well? Worrying...

Kily when we signed him was considered a very good lw. Solari is also a very good lw. And I don't agree on Julio Cesar and Oba at all. J.Cesar is a great young keeper. And Oba is very promising. He is still only 21. Figo is defenitly not average either.

But I won't get into a debate about who is average and who is not since I am sure we won't agree.

Mikkel
21 Nov 05, 14:13
- Cesar (average)
- Wome (below average)
- Ze Maria (average)
- Kily (average)
- Ģigo (average)
- Solari (average)
- Martins (average)

I agree that some of the players are not good enough, but then again you can't have 25 good players in the squad, neither Milan nor Juve have that.

And another thing is which Italian players are better then the players you mentioned, and it have to be players we can get. The case is that we can only get very very few, who is even good enough if we just replace None-EU players with Italians then the quality in our squad will be reduced drastically. you can't just say that they should be replaced by Italians when you don't even come up with suggestions to whom it could be, and Moratti said some something smart a short time ago that is very true regarding the CONI's proposal.

We are in an industry in which the borders have fallen. I do not understand why people want to bring in restrictions. We do not buy foreigners for the sake of it, but because they are good players and they have characteristic techniques that can serve us. For me, everyone is the same, from the Chinese and Swedish, to the Italians and French

Tommi
22 Nov 05, 17:24
I agree that some of the players are not good enough, but then again you can't have 25 good players in the squad, neither Milan nor Juve have that.
I dont mean that we should have 25 good players in our team or that we should replace all our foreigners with italians, but iīm just saying that there is no need to buy foreigners when we can get as good (or even better) domestic players.

Like iīve said earlier -> Foreign players should always be better than domestic oneīs. If/when they arenīt, then whatīs the point?

And another thing is which Italian players are better then the players you mentioned, and it have to be players we can get.
Ok, few examples on top of my head...

- Cesar (average)
* We didnt necessarily need to buy Cesar, Toldo is as good or even better.

* Mihajlovic we dont need to replace anymore since we already have Cordoba, Samuel, Burdisso and Materazzi

- Wome (below average)
* Grosso is better than Wome, so is Potenza (we loaned him out)

- Ze Maria (average)
* Oddo is better than Ze Maria

- Kily (average)
* Semioli (we owned him) is better than Kily

- Ģigo (average)
* Fiore is as good (or even better) than Ģigo

- Solari (average)
* Solari we could keep, but our coach doesnt use him

- Martins (average)
* Toni is much better than Martins (or anyone else in our strikers for that matter) and would suit in our team perfectly.

All those players (i mentioned) were available in last summer or we did own them already.

And i disagree with you, i think we do buy foreigners just because theyīre foreigners.

Handoyo
23 Nov 05, 07:34
Martins' stat last season:

45 appearances
2885 minutes
22 goals
6 assists
0.686 goals per 90 minutes
0.187 assists per 90 minutes

Average!? :wallbang: You might argue that he played in second rate competitions like Coppa Italia. My rebuttal is that Martins was used as a substitute a lot of times and often only had 15-20 mintues to do something in a match.

Hand;)yo

Tommi
23 Nov 05, 08:49
Martins is average, as not such a great striker that should be a regular at Inter. Inter has always be known for itīs good strikers, that cant be said for this seasons strikers at all.

Martins' stat this season:

14 appearances
1015 minutes
3 goals
Dunno how many assists
0.266 goals per 90 minutes = goal in every 338,33 minutes.

Not average!? :wallbang: Form is temporary of course, but to me, Martins isnīt much better than average striker (if at all). I hoped he would become a "superstar", but but but...i do not think so anymore. Also, it isnt Martins fault (or Adrianoīs for that matter), but he and Adriano creates poor partnership together. Thatīs one huge reason why Martins (and Adriano as well) struggles as much as they do.

Anywayz, this isnīt thread to talk about this. I just answered to Blue Öyster when he asked who is better and you cant really deny that Toni seems to be lightyears better than Martins (or any other stiker we have).

Pravesh
23 Nov 05, 09:10
I had been worried about this situation in Inter's case since I heard a bit about this new rule last season. Anywaz, there's lot of room for us to replace foreigners with Italians for next season.

Players like Ze Maria (end of contract) could leave and we could have some Italian there. So should be done for the left back position. We should get rid of Wome and instead get a starting left back, like Grosso. Sadly, if we can't get Grosso; then I am afriad to say that we might have to get a foreigner there. I haven't heard any good Italian left back player other than Grosso at the moment. As for Ze Maria's replacement, there should be other players. How about in or youth team or players like Andreolli/? {are they right back players}. After all, J.Zanetti rarely gets injured and it happened only this season.

As for central defenders, Burdisso is a natural replacement for Mihajlovic's departure {next season}. It would had been better if Materazzi would have agreed to stay in Inter as a back up player; but if wants to play regularly, then we can say g'bye to him next season. I would want us to keep Matrix, but only if he agrees to stay as a back up player.

For our midfield, I am sure that Kily will be leaving, so should be the case for Veron. We have a natural replacement for Veron, who happens to be Pizarro. As for Kily's replacement, I don't think we will need any other player, if Solari stays with us. I would be happy if we could get someone like Marchionni. Figo will be in his last year of contract next season, so it wouldn't be bad to get Marchionni. I don't know any other good Italian wingers. We should keep an eye on Quaresma as well.

Lets hope that we do keep C.Zanetti, but I think that the chance is very slim. So, we should be looking for a back up player, if C.Zanetti does leave.

- Cesar (average)
* We didnt necessarily need to buy Cesar, Toldo is as good or even better.

* Mihajlovic we dont need to replace anymore since we already have Cordoba, Samuel, Burdisso and Materazzi

- Wome (below average)
* Grosso is better than Wome, so is Potenza (we loaned him out)

- Ze Maria (average)
* Oddo is better than Ze Maria

- Kily (average)
* Semioli (we owned him) is better than Kily

- Ģigo (average)
* Fiore is as good (or even better) than Ģigo

- Solari (average)
* Solari we could keep, but our coach doesnt use him

- Martins (average)
* Toni is much better than Martins (or anyone else in our strikers for that matter) and would suit in our team perfectly.

All those players (i mentioned) were available in last summer or we did own them already.

And i disagree with you, i think we do buy foreigners just because theyīre foreigners.

Tommi, even I would want more Italian players than we actually have; but I disagree with you on these:

J.Cesar is not an average player. He has proved that he's a talented keeper and has done very well for us till now. He can be what Dida is for Milan. ;)

Martins' not an average player either mate !! I don't trust that much on Martins, coz I think that he needs to learn alot, especially ball control and stuffs. Still, he's above than average. No wonder, I feel that there's no harm in getting Cassano if there's a chance than we could get him in a small amount of $$. Having 3 quality strikers: Adriano--Martins--Cassano wouldn't be bad for a team nor the players.

Ze Maria is an average player and we won't need him next season, as we need a back up player for our right back position who could be played at RB position when J.Zanetti gets injured or rested. That wasn't the case this season when J.Zanetti was out for a long time. But we can't compare Ze Maria with Oddo mate. Oddo won't join Inter to be a bench warmer at any cost !! ;)

FIGO is not an average player as well. He may have lost his great form with his age, but for me, he has been one of the performing players this season.

Anywaz, I am really hoping for GROSSO's arrival, if possible even in January !! That would be a great move for us. Favalli and Grosso for our left back would be really great.

:star:

Handoyo
23 Nov 05, 09:22
Hmmm, since Toni is Italian and you are saying that he should be chosen ahead of Martins, I can't help but rebut your point in this topic, Don Tommi. :D

Anyways, I thought we should have continuity in our squad and all? ;) He has improved his goal-to-minute ratio ever since he was introduced in the 02/03 season. He's in a bad form this season, but if we were to replace him with Toni, who last season fared no better than Martins, last summer, then does that fit the term "continuity"?

Of course, Toni is light years ahead of every striker we have at the moment but given the form Martins was last season, I don't think you can criticise the management in keeping their faith in this non-Italian Martins. It's like, barring the Spanish curse and all, criticising the Lazio management for buying Mendieta, who turned out to be a flop. Mendieta was arguably Europe's best midfield that season and it looked like he could be the perfect replacement for Veron, who was departing to Man Utd.

Tommi
23 Nov 05, 09:53
Anyways, I thought we should have continuity in our squad and all? ;)
Yes, continuity with the right kind of players who play well together. It isnīt wise to keep players - who clearly doesnt play well with eachothers - playing together only because of the word continuity. I have never liked the way Adriano-Martins play together and i really do doubt they will ever be a lethal duo.

Adriano plays like a winger and Martins can not do anything else than run fast. Whoever we play against have noticed our moves and knows how to defend against Adriano-Martins duo.Thatīs one huge reason i mentioned Toni for example. Heīs the "in-box striker" and he surely knows how to score, from his head or with both feet. He reminds me a lot of "young" Vieri - who also was kind of a late bloomer - and when he finally bloomed (dont know if thatīs a word), none could stop him.

Ok, let me ask you this. Do you actually think that Adriano-Martins play well together?

...Toni, who last season fared no better than Martins, last summer, then does that fit the term "continuity"?
Well, last season Toni scored 20 goals in 35 matches while Martins scored 11 in 31 matches (Serie A). To me, thatīs a huge difference.

I don't think you can criticise the management in keeping their faith in this non-Italian Martins.
I dont think our management have much faith in that pair much either anymore. If they keep playing like they have, then come to january and weīll buy some replacement. Too bad that they didnīt buy Toni (for Ģ7 million) when they had a chance.

I don't trust that much on Martins, coz I think that he needs to learn alot, especially ball control and stuffs. Still, he's above than average.
Well said, apart from that last sentence.

I dont trust that much on Martins either, thatīs why i would want him to be our "super sub" and not a starter.

Adriano@10
23 Nov 05, 11:56
I dont trust that much on Martins either, thatīs why i would want him to be our "super sub" and not a starter.
I TRUST ON MARTINS i know he still has lot to learn in terms of ball control and finishing, but he has alredy improoved a lot in this terms if i think of the martins we saw last year. The fact that he isen t scoring right now is not that big problem it s just a matter of time and we ll see the Martins we all know.

On u re suggestion to use him as a super sub i just think he s to good fore that, and don t forget that young players make the biggest improvments if they get playing time

Mikkel
23 Nov 05, 15:54
Tommi

if you haven't hear it then Grosso might be on his way to join us next summer, and that will most likely mean that Wome will have to find himself a new club.

Anyway none of us knew that Toni would be that good this season and our partnership of Adriano and Martins would be that awful. as I said last season I didn't believe in that partnership either, precisely because of the reasons you have come up with Tommi. besides we have to remember that Toni play for the most in form team at the moment, and that both Adriano and Martins play for (let's be honest) the most out of form team at the moment. It's not like it's only those two who sucks, allot of our player do, especially the offensive ones. So of cause it makes him look allot better then the striker we have at our disposal, but saying that he is a better player then Adriano is baloney.

besides I'm not going to defend those players you have named since I was against them from the beginning. I just want to say a few thing about it and that is that Fiore is not better then Figo, he might be 3 years younger, but better that is the last thing he is.

and how can you even compare Semioli with Kily who is our 3 choice on that spot instead you should compare him with Solari.

the last thing is that Ze Maria was already here, I don't know what you think but I'm against to many changes besides who would have known that J.Zanetti would get Injured for such a long period. and we also have to remember that he usually play most of the matches so a player like Oddo would most likely have turned us down. Besides he is not that young anymore and the smell of Lazio dos not exactly make it better.

Frisko
23 Nov 05, 17:11
Tommi Martins is actually Italian! He's great eh? :P

Jake
23 Nov 05, 17:57
This whole topic is a much bigger issue, not concerning only Inter. The amount of foreign players in major leagues has increased and this is a big problem. Tommi is right when he says, that a foreign player has to be better than available italian players. If average foreign players play instead of young italian players, in the end the whole italian football suffers from it. It the same thing in Spain, England... If there are to equal players in ther skills, I think the nationality should decide. I know I sound like a racist, but it's for the good of national football.

Another thing is that of course the best players should always play and we should always buy the best available players despite of their nationality.

Frisko
24 Nov 05, 17:09
Roberto Mancini on Inter playing with 11 non-Italian players against Artmedia:

"Only foreigners on the pitch? I realise it now that you tell me," said Roberto Mancini about the team that started last night's match against Artmedia. Mancini added: "For me they are all Inter players and all footballers are equal. And if we have to bring up these things, then let's stop being moralists, making advertisements against racism or saying that we are all the same."

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tommi
24 Nov 05, 21:59
La Lega contro l'Inter: "Vergogna" :thumbsup:

I remember few seasons ago when Arsenal did the same thing. Almost every fan i knew laughed at them and said how silly is that. Now it happens at Inter and hardly none says a thing. :lol: Now you guys are happy, but i dont think youīre thinking about the consequences this may have.

Imagine this: All 20 Serie A teams uses only foreigners. Dont you think the identity would be lost then. Italian influence would be gone. Isnīt that the exact reason we first fall for this team? To me it certainly was. Weīre playing in Italy, weīre an italian team, we use only foreigners.

Imagine if this happens in every team, in every country. What would be the point of having domestic leagues like Spanish league, English premier league, Serie A, Bundesliga etc. Well, there would be no point. All those leagues would be in trouble if they wouldnīt have/use domestic players - less spectators, not so many sponsors etc. There would be only one or two global competitions (like CL) and no domestic leagues.

I looked some Inter history and found quite a pattern here...

1964/65 - CL winning team - 13 italians, 3 foreigners

1979/80 - Scudetto winning team - All italian team

1988/89 - Scudetto winning team - 16 italians, 3 foreigners

1997/98 - Uefa Cup winning team - 11 italians, 11 foreigners

2001/02 - Almost Scudetto - 10 italians (5-6 starters), 17 foreigners

2005/06 - Current season - 6 italians (maybe one as a starter / Favalli), 20 foreigners

See the path where we are going...less and less italians.

But, who am i kidding here, you guys arenīt interested about the identities of football...about the domestic leagues...about the future of football as we know it...

...you guys are happy the way things are going, good for you then...

Stefan
24 Nov 05, 22:14
La Lega contro l'Inter: "Vergogna" :thumbsup:

I remember few seasons ago when Arsenal did the same thing. Almost every fan i knew laughed at them and said how silly is that. Now it happens at Inter and hardly none says a thing. :lol: Now you guys are happy, but i dont think youīre thinking about the consequences this may have.

Imagine this: All 20 Serie A teams uses only foreigners. Dont you think the identity would be lost then. Italian influence would be gone. Isnīt that the exact reason we first fall for this team? To me it certainly was. Weīre playing in Italy, weīre an italian team, we use only foreigners.

Imagine if this happens in every team, in every country. What would be the point of having domestic leagues like Spanish league, English premier league, Serie A, Bundesliga etc. Well, there would be no point. All those leagues would be in trouble if they wouldnīt have/use domestic players - less spectators, not so many sponsors etc. There would be only one or two global competitions (like CL) and no domestic leagues.

I looked some Inter history and found quite a pattern here...

1964/65 - CL winning team - 13 italians, 3 foreigners

1979/80 - Scudetto winning team - All italian team

1988/89 - Scudetto winning team - 16 italians, 3 foreigners

1997/98 - Uefa Cup winning team - 11 italians, 11 foreigners

2001/02 - Almost Scudetto - 10 italians (5-6 starters), 17 foreigners

2005/06 - Current season - 6 italians (maybe one as a starter / Favalli), 20 foreigners

See the path where we are going...less and less italians.

But, who am i kidding here, you guys arenīt interested about the identities of football...about the domestic leagues...about the future of football as we know it...

...you guys are happy the way things are going, good for you then...

I fell in love with Inter cauese the club welcomed anybody now matter what your origin was.

Plus I don't see how it's a big problem. In serie a over 70% of the players playing in the league are italian.

Inter is the exception just like arsenal is the exception in england.

Handoyo
25 Nov 05, 04:42
Hmmm, maybe those who didn't laughed at them then are those who don't complain now. ;) If it takes 11 foreigners to create a team just like Arsenal of 03/04, then I say GO THE HELL AHEAD!!! :thumbsup:

Hand;)yo

Tommi
25 Nov 05, 09:59
Hmmm, maybe those who didn't laughed at them then are those who don't complain now.
Well, too bad that our database in this forum isnīt as good as xtraīs database is (It could very well be the time when we were at interforums though). Obviously i cant check who said what and when, but i remember that most of the members condemded Arsenalīs actions and laughed at them. Doesnīt really matter though...it just wouldīve been interesting to read comments from that time and compare it to the present time.

Pod
12 Dec 05, 12:44
http://www.calciomercato.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=105449

FIFA wants limits too.

I think we are in truble considering also that 3/4 of Italians players is in hands of Allesandro's Moggi(son of Luciano) - GEA organisation.Why ?Most of italian players agents are in this organisation.

Stefan
12 Dec 05, 20:24
http://www.calciomercato.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=105449

FIFA wants limits too.

I think we are in truble considering also that 3/4 of Italians players is in hands of Allesandro's Moggi(son of Luciano) - GEA organisation.Why ?Most of italian players agents are in this organisation.

Screw Blatter. He can't can do shit against the clubs. G 14 will fight this if he even thinks of trying it. Forza G 14. My heroes. :stuckup:

neroazzurri
13 Dec 05, 06:20
[quote=Screw Blatter. He can't can do shit against the clubs. G 14 will fight this if he even thinks of trying it. Forza G 14. My heroes. :stuckup:[/quote]

I'm with you on this one. There's no way Italy alone will go with this kind of rule...think about it, italian football would suffer tremendously in European level if the other countries don't have such rule! It would take years for italian football to develop at the quality is now with all the foreigners...NOT to take anything away from the italian player but there's a reason why there are so many foreigners in italian football.

Maybe this is one of the reasons why Italy has not won a world cup in so many years, not enough italians get a chance in the big teams.

DISCO ZZANG
13 Dec 05, 08:02
Don't worry all Interista for that rules.

Because J.Zanetti, Cordoba, Adriano, Recoba, Pizarro, Stankovic, Veron definitely can get Italian nationality. because 5 season over in Serie-A.

and 2~3 youth players promote.

No problem anything.

13 Dec 05, 08:15
Well ZZANG personally I really dont want them to take advantage of that law unless they r willing to play for Italy ... which none of them are.

I dont think itz right to bend the rules in that manner ... better to get rid of the more average foreigners ZM/Kily/Wome etc. and replace them with young blood from the academy.

13 Dec 05, 08:17
also Miha & Veron not palying from nxt season

DISCO ZZANG
13 Dec 05, 08:46
I only know. no problem that rules.

Stefan
15 Dec 05, 18:48
Well ZZANG personally I really dont want them to take advantage of that law unless they r willing to play for Italy ... which none of them are.

I dont think itz right to bend the rules in that manner ... better to get rid of the more average foreigners ZM/Kily/Wome etc. and replace them with young blood from the academy.

Man how is that bending the rules?? A lot of people get citenzenship so they can work in countries. I know a lot of south africans who live in australia and england who have aus and uk citenzenships but they don't support those countries. They got it soo they can work there. It's the same case with the players here. I see nothing wrong with that. I fact once I am finished with my studies. I will probaly be looking to do the same thingat which ever country I end up. ;)