PDA

View Full Version : Facchetti, Tronchetti Provera and Matrix v Gobbi

Frisko
01 Dec 05, 19:13
TURIN, 28 November 2005
Giraudo: "There's a lot of talking about morality and then you get people spending 120 millions per year and not winning anything."

PARIS, 28 November 2005
Facchetti: "Giraudo mentioned morality, how can be immoral for someone to spend his own money? I surely don't think I have to point out to Giraudo what things are really immoral, nobody would know that better than him."

FLORENCE, 29 November 2005
Tronchetti Provera: "One of the reasons why Inter haven't won a Scudetto for many years is that they never got involved in power play. That's why I consider Moratti like a brother, he never got involved in that. We sure make many mistakes, but we don't to power play."

MILAN, 30 November 2005
Materazzi: "Juve should mind their own business."

:finger: Gobbi :mute:

shahz_nerazzurri
01 Dec 05, 23:27
HAHA I love Facchetti comment How can it be immoral to spend one's own money . Its not surprising about the Gobbi's, whenever they open their mouths shit comes out :ass:

I also read Capello saying something about Morrati, too tired to post the link. check out Channel 4

snake
02 Dec 05, 00:01
Can somebody also post Capello's comments?

Granit
02 Dec 05, 00:49
Can somebody also post Capello's comments?

Capello blasts Inter chief Moratti

Fabio Capello has launched a bitter attack on Inter owner Massimo Moratti, whom he says led him on with the false promise of the Nerazzurri job two years ago. "He strung me along with every phone call," said the Juventus boss.

In an interview with QS magazine, Capello revealed that, after deciding to leave Roma in 2003, he was contacted by Moratti who told him that he wanted him to take over the reins at the club.

However, according to Capello, the Nerazzurri chief never had any intention of hiring his services as he had already shaken hands on a deal to bring Roberto Mancini to the San Siro.

"The call from Moratti came, alright," said Capello. "I think he had already agreed a deal with Mancini in November 2003, which means that he was just stringing me along every time he rang me up. He was just stirring things up."

These revelations come at a time when tensions between Inter and Juve are particularly fraught.

Antonio Giraudo, Juve’s director of finance, recently slammed Inter’s expensive transfer policy as immoral and unsuccessful, while Inter official Tronchetti Provera countered by attributing Inter’s lack of silverware to political integrity that the Bianconeri don’t have. "Inter don’t indulge in power games," he said.

As the public mudslinging becomes increasingly personal, one thing remains patently clear – Moratti missed out on the chance to sign a highly successful Coach.

While Capello went on to win yet another Scudetto with Juve and is favourite to do so again this season, the Inter chief opted instead to hire an inexperienced young tactician who has yet to come anywhere near ending Inter’s title drought.

"I don’t know why Moratti didn’t take me to Milan," continued Capello. "I don’t know whether he hesitated or whether he was badly advised."

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/dec1e.html

Hammoudi
02 Dec 05, 02:08
"One of the reasons why Inter haven't won a Scudetto for many years is that they never got involved in power play. That's why I consider Moratti like a brother, he never got involved in that. We sure make many mistakes, but we don't to power play."

This sentence for me is worth 13 scudetti. This is why I love this club, we'd rather starve than steal the bread.

THANK ALOT Frisko for posting this one, I have not read it anywhere else.

As for Capello's comments, a big kiss to Moratti for not hiring him and teasing him. Yes, he is a winner, but he is the worse winner you can have.

He is not a man, he does not have an ounce of bravery. Always afraid and boring, whether with Madrid, Milan or Juventus.

History surely remember winners, but it remembers BRAVE winners for much longer. Capello is a soccer destroyer, he does not know what baldness and bravery means.

For me, I'd take a scudetto with Mancini over 8 with Capello. At least I can hold my head up high and say: "We won it, we deserved it, and we were not afraid."

Frisko
02 Dec 05, 09:13
This sentence for me is worth 13 scudetti. This is why I love this club, we'd rather starve than steal the bread.

THANK ALOT Frisko for posting this one, I have not read it anywhere else.

As for Capello's comments, a big kiss to Moratti for not hiring him and teasing him. Yes, he is a winner, but he is the worse winner you can have.

He is not a man, he does not have an ounce of bravery. Always afraid and boring, whether with Madrid, Milan or Juventus.

History surely remember winners, but it remembers BRAVE winners for much longer. Capello is a soccer destroyer, he does not know what baldness and bravery means.

For me, I'd take a scudetto with Mancini over 8 with Capello. At least I can hold my head up high and say: "We won it, we deserved it, and we were not afraid."

If only you were a woman Hamed :heart: :dielaugh:

So that's why Moggi and Giraudo opened those sewers they have for mouths, cause Moratti did this: :finger: :ass: to Don Fabio! Haha grande Massimo!

It surely is one of our biggest reasons to be proud of Inter, the fact that we are clean and we always have been.

Tommi
02 Dec 05, 12:25

Well, his team wasn´t boring when he was @ Roma, not very boring when he was @ R€al & @ Milan either.

Now @ Juve it may looks boring to some, but i´d rather play organized football than see every player running towards the ball like little kids. Still, boring or not, 1st season @ Juve = Scudetto, 2nd season = maybe another Scudetto. That´s huge accomplishment! In few years, none remember how boring you were, people just remembers the winners.

I think that´s just silly, but then again...everyone gets excited about different things.

Weren´t you a fan of Cúper by the way? You would´ve not been happy if we had won in 2002? I wonder how did Cúper´s tactics differ from Capello´s...

Handoyo
02 Dec 05, 13:48
Speaking about Capello solely, I totally agree with you, Don Tommi. :star: Winning is what matters most, defensive or offensive plays comes in later. Defensive tactics definitely can't be equated as being afraid, nor can offensive tactics be equated as being brave.

Maybe, we can even say that being defensive is being calculative & cautious and being offensive is being bravado & reckless. :D

Hand;)yo

InterFan
02 Dec 05, 15:30
Are here any Italien speakers?

I have links from the gazzetta to the above quotes, which misses some Moggi's quote. Can someone bring in Moggi's quotes?

Frisko
02 Dec 05, 22:37
TURIN, 1 DECEMBER 2005

Raffaele Guariniello (Turin Magistrate): "It's fair to find Agricola guilty as charged, but it's even more important that Giraudo is found guilty."

"At Juventus giving drugs to players was part of the club policy."

"It is a fact that a system was created at Juventus where players were given an incredible amount of drugs, over 200. It was such a clear system that it obviously went beyond a single man's will, it was the club policy."

"It is a fact that this systematic use of drugs, done with the purpose of enhancing performances, was the response to a demand for success for the club."

"It is a fact that using prohibited drugs has devastating effects on a club. Therefore this cannot be done by one person, it must be the result of consultations between the doctor and the top officials in the club. How can you believe that Agricola has done it all on his own?"

"It is a fact that starting from 9 May 1994 Giraudo is the real commander in chief at Juventus. All sectors respond to him, and any expense over 50 euros must be authorised by him."

"The use of drugs is clerly part of his responsibilities. It is certain that he was aware of the laws about performance-enhancing drugs. It is a fact that he did sign all the orders for drugs, while being perfectly aware that they were going to be given to the players."

"It is a fact that before he was in charge, the club was spending 18 millions on drugs, and after his arrival, they were spending over 100 millions."

Immoral eh? Shut the phuck up Giraudo, you belong in a phuckin cell, you and all the bianconeri pigs. You already have the damn shirt :yuck:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c27/frisko78/Giraudo.jpg

Hammoudi
02 Dec 05, 23:35
Valid points Don T, and I will respond to them.

As for his stints with Madrid, why is it that he was kicked out after one year and after winning La Liga? They saw him and saw how he plays negative soccer even with a great squad. I personally never heared of a coach that gets sacked after winning the league in his first year, but it happened to him.

With Roma and Milan, he simply had exceptionally creative players. Whether it was Van Basten or Totti, he had players that turn a dull team into an exciting one. Also, Berlusconi and Sensi were on his case, and both are fans of exciting soccer.

Now that he has the real freedom of play at Juve, you are seeing the real coward Capello. It's not organized soccer, it's called scared soccer.

As for Cuper, you point is right, Cuper is as defensive as Capello. Difference is Cuper did it from necessity, he never ever had half the great squads that Capello had.

There is a difference between coaching Mallorca, Valencia and an average Inter than coaching star-studded Madrid, Milan o Juve.

BlueBacchus
03 Dec 05, 05:08
Boy I do fall asleep when watching Gobbi games.
For some reason though, he does win alot.

brehme1989
03 Dec 05, 07:16
I personally never heared of a coach that gets sacked after winning the league in his first year, but it happened to him.

Well, I see that all the time :D

P.S: Overall I agree with you...

InterFan
03 Dec 05, 09:31
In what context did Giraudo said thos things mentioned in the 1st post here?

I must know it in order to be objective.

Sometimes understanding the context provides one with a completely different point of view.

Frisko
03 Dec 05, 10:08
InterFan, it all started after the Zoro incident and the discussion about morality, Moggi actually suggested that Inter could be given a 0-3 defeat by default because of the incident.

Handoyo
03 Dec 05, 10:31
InterFan, it all started after the Zoro incident and the discussion about morality, Moggi actually suggested that Inter could be given a 0-3 defeat by default because of the incident.
Insanity! Moggi is ranting his mouth just because he has never dealt with crowd trouble before for no Juventini watch their team's match (Even though it only cost a freaking Euro for some). :finger:

Frisko
03 Dec 05, 10:35
Actually I was watching a show about Italian football yesterday, and they were saying that Juve will move to the Stadio Comunale in Turin for the next 2 seasons. They will share it with Torino. The capacity is around 28,000. The guy said: "Hmmm, that's still a bit too much for Juve!" :dielaugh:

Handoyo
03 Dec 05, 10:38
Actually I was watching a show about Italian football yesterday, and they were saying that Juve will move to the Stadio Comunale in Turin for the next 2 seasons. They will share it with Torino. The capacity is around 28,000. The guy said: "Hmmm, that's still a bit too much for Juve!" :dielaugh:
They're just living in a state of denial thinking that they can fill up the stadium, Frisk. ;)

BFC82
03 Dec 05, 17:11
Ive always wondered how Juve stay out of bankruptcy having virtually no fans in their stadiums. Look how much we lost just on those 4 CL matches behind closed doors, imagine going through seasons like that?

InterFan
03 Dec 05, 17:43
Ive always wondered how Juve stay out of bankruptcy having virtually no fans in their stadiums. Look how much we lost just on those 4 CL matches behind closed doors, imagine going through seasons like that?

Among all the big clubs, Juve has the biggest number of fans in Italy(Inter is 2nd BTW).
The stadium in Torino is bad(it's not an excuse, but at least it can explain it partially) and most of the Torino residents are fans of Torino, so there are too few fans in Juve's home matches.

BUT, and this is a BIG BUT, Juve has an agreement with Sky(or other company, I don't remember for sure) whuch pays Juve MUCH more than what Inter and ACM get, because there are A LOT of Juve fans around Italy paying for the channel which provides Juves' home matches in cable.

Juve gets from them 235 or 285 millions Euros annually from what I remember.

BFC82
03 Dec 05, 17:50

Among all the big clubs, Juve has the biggest number of fans in Italy(Inter is 2nd BTW).
The stadium in Torino is bad(it's not an excuse, but at least it can explain it partially) and most of the Torino residents are fans of Torino, so there are too few fans in Juve's home matches.

BUT, and this is a BIG BUT, Juve has an agreement with Sky(or other company, I don't remember for sure) whuch pays Juve MUCH more than what Inter and ACM get, because there are A LOT of Juve fans around Italy paying for the channel which provides Juves' home matches in cable.

Juve gets from them 235 or 285 millions Euros annually from what I remember.

Wouldn't it make more sense to put your stadium near your fanbase? It is still shocking to see their pathetic attendance and still see them paying millions on players, but I guess the tv rights more than covers it.

InterFan
03 Dec 05, 18:04
Juventus is the only big club in Europe, such that the profit from home tickets is not even in the 2nd place for them(in terms of annual income).

Inter, for example, gets from the tickets(at least in 2003) a bit more than from the TV rights.

Frisko
03 Dec 05, 18:25
This thing about Juve not having lots of fans in Turin is simply a bunch of crap. Do you think that all the people going to see Inter and Milan every week are from Milan? I personally know lots of people with season tickets for Inter who live more than 100 miles from Milan. The inevitable truth is that Gobbi fans only bother to go to the stadium for the Scudetto celebration, they just don't give a shit about their team, they only want to brag about victories.

InterFan
03 Dec 05, 19:36
Frisko, you're wrong as far as my knowledge concerns.
Juve fans also strike against the club for the expansive tickets for so poor stadium(their tickets cost more than Inters&ACMs last seasons)- did you know that fact, for example?

You also have to explain why Juve boast for having many fans in their away games and wht their fans bother to pay for Juve matches so much(in cables)?

Frisko
03 Dec 05, 20:33
Frisko, you're wrong as far as my knowledge concerns.
Juve fans also strike against the club for the expansive tickets for so poor stadium(their tickets cost more than Inters&ACMs last seasons)- did you know that fact, for example?

You also have to explain why Juve boast for having many fans in their away games and wht their fans bother to pay for Juve matches so much(in cables)?

So please tell me where I'm wrong again?

Are you saying Juve v Bayern Munich in the CL gets less than 10,000 spectators because of high priced tickets?? And what fans in away games? What are you talking about?

Hammoudi
03 Dec 05, 20:42
Man, that would be one long strike. It would beat Kramer's strike from work.

InterFan
03 Dec 05, 20:59
So please tell me where I'm wrong again?

Here-

This thing about Juve not having lots of fans in Turin is simply a bunch of crap.

Are you saying Juve v Bayern Munich in the CL gets less than 10,000 spectators because of high priced tickets?? And what fans in away games? What are you talking about?

I don't say there are satisfying excuses for such things, I just say that it looks less bad if you take into consideration some things.

The problems between Juve fans and the club are more complicated than what most of us think.

The thing about away matches is the fact that Juve have their away tickets sold-out in most of the away matches.

Explain me why there are 7,000 Juve fans against Lecce in Turin and then there are 5,500 against Lecce in Lecce.

Frisko
03 Dec 05, 21:07
Well obviously it isn't a major task to 'sell out' 7,000 tickets in Lecce, they have fans everywhere, and a team in Serie C can easily get 7,000 spectators.

On the other hand, you simply cannot justify the incredible low attendance at the Delle Alpi, even for major games. I clearly remember (with a big smile) Juve v Inter last year, in a crucial moment of the season, and you could hear all of our chants clearly (juventino pezzo di merda! and so on) without any response from the gobbi fans.

As I said, you don't fill a stadium with people from inside the city, you do it with people coming from all around the main city. Juve is winning scudettti in front of empty stands, even Capello himself said that he had to get used to this after experiencing the great support from the fans at Roma.

This is no debate, sorry mate. Listen to commentators from all over Europe, how overwhelmed they are looking at the Delle Alpi during CL games.

The only thing that could justify it would be if the stadium was on top of a freaking volcano or something :P

Tommi
05 Dec 05, 10:12
Hamed, i still dont think you would be gutted if it would be Inter who was playing as "boring" as Juve right now and leading by 8 points.

I dont believe either that Capello is that kind of coach you mentioned (scared or whatever). He does what he knows best and that very often leads to championships. That´s the most important thing, not the way you get it. Allthough, i´m not saying there´s anything wrong how Juve is playing. If Capello had Ronaldinho and few other "fancy" players, then he wouldn´t seem a boring coach to many. Give Kluivert a "boring" team and he would be as "boring".

To me, Cúper is a defensive coach, doesnt really matter what kind of team he has. He is somewhat like Capello to me, nothing wrong with that though.

Last, if anyone can say that Juve is boring and Inter is entertaining, then :lol: Look at match against Ascoli for example and there´s tons of other examples from this season only.

Miki
05 Dec 05, 10:39
This theory doesn't hold much weight in light of Juventus' poor home record. The population numbers as referenced here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turin) tells us that at least a million residents live in Turin alone. It would seem highly unlikely that more than 95% of its population support Torino exclusively.

Besides, there are times when the Delle Alpi does host comparatively large numbers of fans, especially for the big games. As such, the overwhelming reasons i gather for Juventus' lack of fan support at home is due to complacency by its Turin resident fans who have come to expect nothing but wins and therefore, a trip to the stadium is simply a trite affair for them.

Yes, considering that Juventus have a lead in the market share of fans all over Italy, their television rights are a hotter commodity than any other team's.

Ciao,
Tim

catanha
06 Dec 05, 00:06
Juve's low crowds have nothing to do with ticket prices, rather the stadium problems. Read Galliani's comments about wanting to leave the San Siro....that is exactly why Juve gets low crowds.

Secondly, :lol: @ Capello. Fucking whinging b1tch.
What Moratti did to him was stupid, and god Mancini over Capello? :lol @ Massimo. I'd still take Capello, but fuck me what a b1tch attitude.

Hammoudi
06 Dec 05, 02:08
Don T, against Ascoli we were still attacking and trying, not sitting back.

Also, fact is Cuper has always been a coach of the underdogs, even with us. When he took us to that almost scudetto, nobody was picking us to challenge at the beginning of the year.

About Capello, what Totti says about him is true. Totti says it like it is, and he has lived and played under Capello. He says that Capello isn't a man, and always has a whiny attitude.

A man in coaching terms is one who isn't afraid to attack sensibly, and one that makes bald decisions and Capello is neither. Just like Juve, he may be a winner, but he will never be a champion.

Besides, I would love to see Capello coach the current Juve teams without them getting any favours, then we can see who the real Capello is.

Tommi
06 Dec 05, 10:43
Well, to me, Capello will always be a champion.

He is annoying, always whining, whatever, but he surely knows his stuff. If he´d have come to Inter, i´m sure we´d be more complete as a team, have more points and at the end of the year, perhaps have one Scudetto.

Against Ascoli we attacked, we tryed, but we were so darn awful to watch.

If Juve´s style is boring and if boring means that you have scored six goals more, conceeded three less, have ten points more, then i would like us to play as boring.

Pod
06 Dec 05, 10:58
Completly agree with Tommi.

now my few words.Critizizing Capello in that kind of way is just ridicilous I think.It's smells to me like just some kind of jalous or frustration.This man deserve for some respect !Let's just face it and accept that.He is winner.And he is Juve coach now and not Inter only because of Moratti' stupid decision :wallbang: and Oriali :jester: with probably gave him this beautiful advise to hire Mancini instead :rolleyes:

snake
06 Dec 05, 11:08
Pod man, where u been lol.

Ive missed seeing that mug around the forums :D

CafeCordoba
06 Dec 05, 14:28
Capello is a prick, period.

Pod
06 Dec 05, 17:42
Pod man, where u been lol.

Ive missed seeing that mug around the forums :D
:thumbsup:

Hammoudi
06 Dec 05, 18:23
Jealousy and Frustration??? Oh, please!

Capello is more of a whiner than a winner. We just have different approaches I guess. You like the Capello and Mourinho type of coaches, two boring coaches that are half-men, but won alot.

Some like it this way, but some despise it.