PDA

View Full Version : Germany - Argentina (Quarter-final)

Pajo
26 Jun 06, 11:09
30/06/2006

We know the first 1/4 finale, so post about it.

Oh, and FORZA ARGENTINA!!!!!!!!

UhUhOleguer
26 Jun 06, 11:46
The 2 best teams of the tournament so far..

I just hope that the winner of the game wins it all.

cozzi
26 Jun 06, 12:03
Spot on Oleguer, they are the best two teams IMO

Germany are so organised, effiecient and discipled its quite scary. Won four in a row (but against dud teams) but there confidence is through the roof. Klinsmann is a hero to some of the young German players and this inspires them even more. Its going to take a major effort and from what ive seen the Argies are the only team that can stop them. This would have been a great final.

Peckermans decisions not to pick JZ is going to bite him on the arse so hard he wont be able to sit down for weeks. If Scalone is still at right back, the Germans will but everything down the Argies right side. My gran is over 80 years old but in a running race she would beat scaloni. He is a truley dredful player.

Ziyad
26 Jun 06, 20:03
How i hoped this one wouldnt come soo soon ! :(

Mikkel
26 Jun 06, 20:07
I'm glad that they do meat each other now, I will rather see Italy-Argentina in the Semi final then those two, and another good thing about it is that we can get rid of Germany once and for all. :stuckup:

Ziyad
26 Jun 06, 20:11
Germany has been one of the best things about this tournament..In everyway

Mikkel
26 Jun 06, 20:24
Germany has been one of the best things about this tournament..In everyway

they have only played well in the last two games, they where rather shitty in the first two. so I don't really agree with you Argentina and Spain have been better.

Marcello
27 Jun 06, 13:10
To great teams going at it , for me its still to early for a game like this :(

Pajo
27 Jun 06, 15:37
To great teams going at it , for me its still to early for a game like this :(

Man, its 1/4 finale, it is not too early, every single team which came so far is one of the best 8 in the world.

Frisko
27 Jun 06, 17:51
There is no doubt that the winner of this clash will be strong favourite for the final win.

Frisko
28 Jun 06, 18:56
Quotes from Gazzetta:

CARLITOS TEVEZ: "I want to play against Germany and get all the insults from the German fans. I like difficult games, and especially playing away, it gives me pleasure to be insulted by the fans. I hope they will do that in Berlin.

These are the moments when a player needs to prove he has the right qualities, he has balls, and that he's a true champion. You know what? Friday night's game in Berlin is a game for machos, a game for real men. It's a good thing that there are plenty in the Argentina squad.

I hope the ref will give us a penalty. I'd love to take it, I would aim at the keeper's head and I'd fire a missile. If I miss, fair enough, if I don't I'll rip Lehman's head off, or at least part of his stomach."

:eek: :happy:

Michal
28 Jun 06, 20:05
Ľuboš Micheľ as a referee in this match...;)

minterke
29 Jun 06, 02:10
Quotes from Gazzetta:

CARLITOS TEVEZ: "I want to play against Germany and get all the insults from the German fans. I like difficult games, and especially playing away, it gives me pleasure to be insulted by the fans. I hope they will do that in Berlin.

These are the moments when a player needs to prove he has the right qualities, he has balls, and that he's a true champion. You know what? Friday night's game in Berlin is a game for machos, a game for real men. It's a good thing that there are plenty in the Argentina squad.

I hope the ref will give us a penalty. I'd love to take it, I would aim at the keeper's head and I'd fire a missile. If I miss, fair enough, if I don't I'll rip Lehman's head off, or at least part of his stomach."

:eek: :happy:

lol waiting for catanha's remarks on that one after he's finished jerking off :lol: :dielaugh:

catanha
29 Jun 06, 02:15
err....ummm.....yeah...

vamos ARGENTINA!!

to be honest, thats why Tevez might play ahead of Messi (if either farking start, come on Pekerman, Saviola?) because Tevez is a fighter, a bull, if he gets fouled and he doesn't like it he will not stay down, rather get up and get in the face of whoever it is.

thats where Messi never playing in a South American league, thats why he doesn't have those qualities..

minterke
29 Jun 06, 03:04
Sounds to me like Tevez would do fairly well in Serie A, where a physical presence is more than necessary.

Alex de Large
29 Jun 06, 03:10
pekerman will continue playing that crap of saviola and maxi instead of tevez and messi, he is a moron, what do u expect.

cool_cuchu
29 Jun 06, 03:27
I like these two teams, I like argenitinian players... but I think german will beat them... Any winner of this game... will win the cup ;)

minterke
29 Jun 06, 03:44
Whoever wins will have pride because there's no shame in losing to Italy ;)

Wallace
29 Jun 06, 03:48
I hope both teams would go all out, I'm expecting to see an attacking game :D. I want Argentina to win this one and see them in Semis, or possibly in the Final vs Brazil, but it's still too early to say that :).

Roberto
29 Jun 06, 06:03
Whoever wins will have pride because there's no shame in losing to Italy ;)

Best Post EVA!!

Franco
29 Jun 06, 06:10
I think Argentina will beat Germany. They have displayed an amazing tactic level, I have to respect Pekerman even if he didn't call Capitano. This will be the hardest match for Argentina but if they win, they'll have 1/2 world cup ;)

Alex de Large
29 Jun 06, 18:59
The 2 leaders

catanha
30 Jun 06, 08:56
only a few hours away, come on Argentina, please don't let us down again.

I get the feeling a World Cup 98 is gonna occur, 1-1 when one of our players (I get the feeling Saviola) goes nuts and headbuts a player (definetely Lehmann) and gets a red and then Germany wins the game.

come on Argentina, I'm praying Burdisso is fit because he is MASSIVE to us, never thought I'd say that but he is absolutely crucial, more crucial than Heinze. god, what I would do to have Zanetti in the squad.

I hope Riquelme doesn't have a bad game, because he is better than that and everyone will criticise him for the loss, no doubt about it. Same goes for Messi & Tevez, I hope they don't choke, because I know they're much better players than the usual big game choke artists of world futebol.

vamos Argentina, VAMOS!!

snake
30 Jun 06, 09:29
when one of our players (I get the feeling Saviola) goes nuts and headbuts a player (definetely Lehmann)

If Saviola can even reach Lehmann to headbutt him, then they should give Argentina a free ride to the final.

Marcello
30 Jun 06, 10:05
Im backing Argentina all the way just simply love em

Im so pissed pekerman doesnt even let messi play for more then 10 mins yet its total bull shit and he has scored as well *hint hint*

cozzi
30 Jun 06, 10:20
If Saviola can even reach Lehmann to headbutt him, then they should give Argentina a free ride to the final.
:dielaugh: Classic Helal!

I would like to see the Argies beat the Germans (i dont like either) just so our boys (especially Cruz and Cambiasso) will still have a shot of winning the WC. But I think the Germans might nick this one. There strikers are on fire, the middies are doing OK, Lehman will do a half decent job, but the defence has the potential for making a mistake or two.

Argentinas problem is that there squad is too good, and some players might getting angry if Perkerman does 'nt choose them for the line up.

Pi
30 Jun 06, 10:44
The best game (on paper) of this World Cup, Germany went really strong and Argentina, well it's Argentina. Both teams are highly motivated and their thoughts are on the win, not penalties. Germany will surely have home advantage but will that matter against players that played Boca-River, Inter-Milan,...,?

I see Klinsmann having a hard day today, because I believe that Argentina didn't play that good against Mexico it was because La Volpe put his team to stop Argentina's attack, Mexico scored a goal and they could have gone through. I say this because Klinsmann can't play like this, the "home side" demands it, he will have to put his team on an attacking mood, what might make it difficult for them.

However, I can see the other side, Argentina plays slow at times, and they must pick up the pace, plus they will have big problems on the midfield as I believe that Germany has a better midfield (I'm probably getting killed for saying it). I think the smarter way to go for Argentina is Ball Possession, they have to play this one waiting on the error of Germany's defence the "weaker link" of the German team.

I just hope to see a great game and to the best team to win, and since I like Argentina better, so... go ARGENTINA.

Ziyad
30 Jun 06, 15:16
What a chance by Ballack but header gone wide...Argentina weak points are collochini..maybe the goalie too

Ziyad
30 Jun 06, 15:19
Argentina look better on the ball than Germany..

Alex de Large
30 Jun 06, 15:31
Come on Germany! come on Jurgen!

Ziyad
30 Jun 06, 15:32
I really love Lahm ..what a nice suprise for the Germans

Pajo
30 Jun 06, 15:38
What do you mean surprise for the germans. About what?

Ziyad
30 Jun 06, 15:40
The Germans have to have more ball possession or they will be burned..

Pajo
30 Jun 06, 15:46
Halftime. Much better play by Argentina!

Alex de Large
30 Jun 06, 15:46
looks like we will not see many goals...

Michal
30 Jun 06, 15:48
Crespo is unimpressive for me, hope to see better performance in 2nd half...;)

Michal
30 Jun 06, 16:06
Great goal!!! Hope to see better performance from both teams now...;)

Pajo
GGGGGGGOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ayala - Argentina 1-0 Germany

Ziyad
Ayala scores...It will be very hard for Germany to come back in this one

zip
30 Jun 06, 16:11
Ohhh Shitttt

Ziyad
30 Jun 06, 16:19
I cant believe Schneider is off !!!

Ziyad
30 Jun 06, 16:30
I cant believe Cambiasso is on for Riquelme either...

Pajo
30 Jun 06, 16:30
Cambiasso in - Riquelme out, who will be playmaker now?

Pajo
30 Jun 06, 16:33
No foul by Tevez, Odonkor is idiot!

Ziyad
30 Jun 06, 16:37
Klose AGAIN the savior

Pajo
30 Jun 06, 16:38
Fuk! Goal by Klose, Argentina 1 - 1 Germany

Michal
30 Jun 06, 16:40
It will be a problem for Argentina without Riquelme and Crespo. Let's hope Cruz and Cambiasso will be argentinian saviours...;)

Pajo
30 Jun 06, 16:47
Wow, what the fuk was that. C'mon Argentina, you can do it!!!!!!!

Michal
30 Jun 06, 16:51
Odonkor is a d.ck - why he plays for german NT???

Pajo
30 Jun 06, 16:53
End of the full time. Extra time on the way. Hope Argentina scores in the first 5 minutes :)

EDIT: But they didn't :(

Barbas
30 Jun 06, 16:56
i think klinsi made a good decision by subbing schneider with odonkor

now we see that sorin can't go forward as much as before

deutchland uber alles
c'mon, beat the crap out of the argie

Pajo
30 Jun 06, 17:09
Odonkor is trying to get past Mascherano, ha, ha, ha. What an idiot, there are only few players which can get past him. :D

Pravesh
30 Jun 06, 17:14
What the fuk was Pekerman thinking by replacing Riquelme and Crespo ?? Ok he replaced Crespo but there had to be a place for a play-maker !!
They had to change their keeper but then again, Pekerman yet again proved he's a bit of an idiot ... :D Messi ?? Ofcourse, I got the opportunity to criticize Pekerman coz of the late equaliser :lol:

Pi
30 Jun 06, 17:30
Penalties...

I hoped that the game wouldn't come to this, but it did, however it was Argentina who tried to win the in the Extra Time.

Pajo
30 Jun 06, 17:31
This match goes to penalties...

Pajo
30 Jun 06, 17:34
Did you see Kahn? Man, he is gentleman, encouraging his rival for the goalkeepers position.

Pi
30 Jun 06, 17:41
Germany advances, 4-2 in penalty shoot-out, with the misses from Roberto Ayala and Esteban Cambiasso. It's sad for Ayala, what a great World Cup he did, and for Cambiasso as well.

I was hoping for Argentina but in the end the German's had more luck. After seeing what went on the Extra Time I feel even more for Argentina they had a lot of spirit while Germany held the goal as they could and they were rewarded. As I said before football isn't fair.

Barbas
30 Jun 06, 17:43
poor cambiasso, i feel very very sorry for him

DEUTCHLAND UBER ALLES

Jake
30 Jun 06, 17:45
Inter players always miss as a last player in a penalty shootout. Remember Wome. Now Cambiasso. Fuck Germany. :mad:

snake
30 Jun 06, 17:47
Odonkor is a d.ck - why he plays for german NT???

Because his a fkn gun?

Ill give my thoughts later, I have alot of beeefs with this Argentine team, stemming from Pekerman himself.

But please bring Inter Carlos Tevez.

Pajo
30 Jun 06, 17:52
I feel very, very sorry for Argentina. They were much better all game and they deserved the win. But those idiotic beings Germans are so lucky that they won. It is not fuking fair. :( :frustrat: :mad:

alvaro
30 Jun 06, 17:53
I'm kinda happy as Argentina didn't make it, it would have been sad not to see J.Zanetti there :(

Choppin Onions
30 Jun 06, 17:58
NO JZ = NO Party. :D

Tough luck for Argentina who probably played the slightly better game until Pekerman took off Riquelme, which was a dumb move in hindsight. On the other hand good subs by Klinsmaan. Odankor added some much needed pace to the German team and Borowski and his imposing height contributed to Klose's goal.

Bad sportsmanship in the end by Heinze and Tevez at the end (who went flying into the German team lol) who frankly we're getting on my nerves with their constant diving and whining.

Hamed must be in his glory. :P

Jesse
30 Jun 06, 18:01
Pekerman fucked Argentina in this game. By not bringing the talismanic JZ and solid Samuel, he started the tournament off on a bad foot.

Sorin is completely to blame for the Klose goal, he was a step and a half behind Klose. Unfortunately in a very un-captain-esque move, he never made up for his game-changing mistake.

Unfortunate for the Abbandonzieri injury. A good waste of a sub that could have seen Leo Messi on the pitch.

However, it just seemed like a bad idea to play for the 1-0 victory. Riquelme came off and denied Argentina their key playmaker, and he was replaced by the more defensive minded Cambiasso.

Funny thing was, Pekerman replaced the attack-minded players, but the Argies refused to fall back. They had played attacking football the majority of the match, and eventually it tired them out, leading to the German equalizer.

-Jesse

Ziyad
30 Jun 06, 18:08
The Kahn move was simply CLASS...Lehman reciperocated later when they won it too

J zanetti
30 Jun 06, 18:08
That phucking Pekerman got what he deserved. This is what you get for leaving out one of the best if not the best RB.
Poor Cambi though :(

Ziyad
30 Jun 06, 18:15
I agree,although a great coach he let his personal issue interfere with the JZ matter and it came back to bite him in the last two games.

Today he took Riquelme not thinking what that would cause if Germany scored because he didnt take into consdieration that they can score..

He also made a mistake putting Cambiasso on when he just lost a substitution on the keeper...Cruz was also another bad mistake as he needed someone to run at the German defence and not just hold the ball..

His plan was built on the bad assumption that Germany wouldnt score..

Handoyo
30 Jun 06, 18:18
I have nothing to say except FORZA CUCHU! :star: I'm freaking wearing his jersey tomorrow.

F*ck Sorin and f*ck Pekerman.

Forza ragazzi
30 Jun 06, 18:20
FORZA CUCHU!!

Sempre con noi!

Alex de Large
30 Jun 06, 18:20
Yeah Baby!!!!!!! Fuck You Pekerman!!!!!!!!!! Where Was Our Captain? Hahahahhahaha Idiot..... And Messi?
Any Pics Of Sorin Crying? I Would Love To See :d

Ziyad
30 Jun 06, 18:23
Congrats Germany:heart: :star: :heart: :star:

Hardluck Argentina...In my eyes they really were the best team in the tournament.

Frisko
30 Jun 06, 18:23
What a great night!

Argentina pack your bags! They were shit today, it was all backpasses and diving, an absolute disgrace.

Heinze, why were you so mad at the end? You suck, you don't know what the word composure means, all your challenges were clumsy and unecessary, you're shit!

Crespo, what a joke of a player, I barely noticed he was on the pitch.

Take that Prickerman, take you sorry ass back home, and see if you can get a brain transplant. Playing average phucks like Coloccini and Scaloni and leaving Capitano at home, you got what you deserve! Peckerman, Peckerman, VAFFANCULO!

Danke Germany :proud:

Alex de Large
30 Jun 06, 18:30
Deutschland, Deutschland, Deutschland!!!!!!!!

UhUhOleguer
30 Jun 06, 18:42
How can a fucking coach be so fcuking stupid and leave both Messi and Aimar, his two most intelligent and brilliant players for 120 minutes on the bench??

how can he sub in minute 70 by just leading 1-0 the guy out, who basically runs his whole system??

HOWWWW??? HOWWWWW??? How can you be that stupid??

I hope Valdano takes over..faaackkk!!!

Frisko
30 Jun 06, 18:48
How can a fucking coach be so fcuking stupid and leave both Messi and Aimar, his two most intelligent and brilliant players for 120 minutes on the bench??

how can he sub in minute 70 by just leading 1-0 the guy out, who basically runs his whole system??

HOWWWW??? HOWWWWW??? How can you be that stupid??

I hope Valdano takes over..faaackkk!!!
Yeah, and taking off Riquelme for Cambiasso was class too :dielaugh:

UhUhOleguer
30 Jun 06, 18:54
Yeah, and taking off Riquelme for Cambiasso was class too :dielaugh:

guy who runs the show..that's whom I meant..

zip
30 Jun 06, 19:03
Hahahahaahaha Fuckkkkkkkk Argentina ! Don't Cry For Me...

Germany Germany Germany Germanyyyyyyyy ! Hahahahahah

Toque Me Voy Pra Casa

Sisenando
30 Jun 06, 19:10
Cuchu shouldnt be made to shoulder any blame, but why did pekerman put him in Riquelme's shoes? Yeah, cruising and all, but pekerman really has nothing to defend his decision there. Cuchu should have come on for a striker or even Lucho Gonzalez.
Cuchu did not deserve the sadness he had to go through. Man, looking at his face, and being thrusted into the fore, i felt really sorry for the man. If only he played for Italy...hmm...

I've tried my hardest to make a logical explanation of this loss for Argentina, but i can't refrain myself from saying 2 words(yeah and DX is back!):

F*CK PEKERMAN....

Alex de Large
30 Jun 06, 19:46
Hey Zaidriano, great avatar, i love it.

Pajo
30 Jun 06, 20:15
Hey, is there any videos from the fight today? If somebody finds some, pleace insert the link. Thanks.

J zanetti
30 Jun 06, 21:02
Great to see him pack his bag – what a fool!
Pekerman to quit after defeat

Paul Jump
Friday June 30, 2006
Jose Pekerman says he will quit as coach of Argentina after his team's 4-2 defeat on penalties to Germany.
"This has come to an end and I will certainly not go on," he said after the game. "You have to make a decision and I'm convinced I've done everything in my reach, and it's time to look for something else.
"I'm very sorry for the coaches and the fans and the players. This team deserves to go further but we couldn't make it."
Pekerman defended his decision to substitute Juan Román Riquelme and Hernán Crespo for Esteban Cambiasso and Julio Cruz with twenty minutes of normal time remaining, leaving the exciting Lionel Messi on the bench.
"Riquelme looked a bit tired," he explained. As for Messi, "We always had that option in mind...but it wasn't the right moment."
The 55-year-old added that he was happy with the way his team had played.
"Argentina always looked to win but in our best moments of football we had no clear-cut chances," he said. "It was a very exciting match. Argentina played like favourites and gave of their best although they lost. It's a shame for Argentina who played very well today and in the whole championship."
German coach Juergen Klinsmann said he thought the passionate German crowd had played a big part in his team's victory.
"The fantastic crowd carried us, they believed in us," he said. "We knew that even down a goal we'd come back. We were convinced that if we got to penalties we'd advance.
"The belief we have in ourselves is really strong. This is a team that's grown together over the past six weeks and we want to be world champions."
Captain and man-of-the-match Michael Ballack added that he though the hosts deserved to win.
"That was sensational," he said. "The match was maybe not so interesting for spectators but it was a match at a very high level. The team fought to the end.
"Of course, there's always luck when it comes to penalties but I think the team really deserved to win."

UhUhOleguer
30 Jun 06, 21:10
I feel sorry for him. He was a decent guy but he was never meant to be coach of Argentina. He wasn't big enough for it.

I hope Valdano or Bianchi take over.

Neon
30 Jun 06, 21:22
F@CK Pekerman and I hope he never coaches even a pre-school team. Damn him to hell!

Poor Cambi, he cried, and I nearly cried cause he is a good, good boy.

Pekerman is such an ass. His subs were horrible, his penalty kick lineup was horrible! AYALA! Ayala would have to go dead last, and Cambi, how could you put Cambi there so early!

In the end though I prefer this. Italy is going to stomp Germany, whereas Argentina might have been a problem.

Forza Cuchu and damn Perkerman, even I could've done a far, far better job.

Anyways did anyone know what happened or what was said that caused the scuffle on the field? I saw Mascherano jump punch someone! What was happening...........

UhUhOleguer
30 Jun 06, 21:36
this happened

World-Argentina and Germany players clash

By Mike Collett
BERLIN, June 30 (Reuters) - Players and officials from both teams clashed on the pitch after Germany beat Argentina 4-2 on penalties to reach the semi-finals of the World Cup on Friday.

Argentina's Leandro Cufre, an unused substitute, was shown the red card after the final whistle, FIFA said in its official match report.

Although German coach Juergen Klinsmann and his Argentine counterpart Jose Pekerman played down the incident, FIFA are likely to take a very dim view of it especially as TV pictures were beamed to a huge global audience.

German team manager Oliver Bierhoff, caught in the middle of the melee, said he had intervened after an Argentina substitute trod on German defender Per Mertesacker.

"It's a shame that in a game like a quarter-final such pictures end up getting sent around the world," Bierhoff said.

"The fans have shown that they can get on well with each other and we should be able to do the same as sportsmen and team representatives."
Klinsmann put it down to the heat of the moment.

"I'd like to remind people that in football there is so much tension, so many emotions and if it goes all the way to penalties someone can lose control.

"Football is just so emotional. It's just normal. It's no big deal, no problem at all."

Pekerman added: "At times emotions run away with themselves at a match and its not what we feel.

"Germany and ourselves have great respect for each other and this was a thing in the heat of the moment."

INCURRING WRATH
FIFA officials and referee Lubos Michel were all caught up in the melee and punches and kicks appeared to be thrown in chaotic scenes which went on for approximately 90 seconds in front of a 72,000 crowd.

The trouble appeared to start when midfielder Tim Borowski gestured towards the Argentina players to "keep quiet" having scored his penalty to make it 4-2 in Germany's favour.

Several of the South American players walked towards him and when Esteban Cambiasso's final Argentina spot-kick was saved by German goalkeeper Jens Lehmann, the Argentina defender Fabricio Coloccini approached Germany's Oliver Neuville.

Punches were thrown in a brief melee before it was broken up.

Germany skipper Michael Ballack blamed the Argentinians for starting the trouble saying after the match: "I think the first provocation came from Argentina. They were shouting at our players during the penalty shoot-out.
"They said something we couldn't understand but I think they tried to influence our penalty takers.

"When we scored the last penalty, Tim Borowski put his fingers to his lips and they were a bit mad.

FIFA will examine video footage of the incident and both teams are liable for heavy fines or other sanctions.

minterke
30 Jun 06, 21:41
I thought Heinze showed great passion at the end, he wanted to take the whole German team to himself for obviously something that bothered him.

Good on you Gabby. I thought Cruz was complete shit today and cost Argentina a good man upfront, Messi should've been brought on instead of him. I can only feel sorry for 2 people though: Cambiasso and Ayala who gave his nation the lead and went from hero to zero.

Shouldn't hurt either of their stellar reputations though.

Neon
30 Jun 06, 21:42
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hmmmm. We at home saw none of this taunting, only the aftermath, but who am I to judge I wasn't on the pitch.

Still football is a sport where emotions run high, these things happen, there's alot of passionate boys on the pitch and no one likes to go home.

I for one understand.

I wanted to punch Lehman in the face though when he was waving his finger at Cambiasso.

BFC82
30 Jun 06, 21:46
Damnit man....:-(

I was really convinced Argentina could have win the WC. This is so damn depressing, hurts worse than when USA failed.

Damnit!!!!

Frisko
30 Jun 06, 21:51
The Argies are just very bad losers, other than cheats. They put so much effort into diving, chating abuse and shit like that, no wonder they always get their asses kicked out of big competitions.

Peckerman resigned, this is just a day to remember.

BFC82
30 Jun 06, 22:06
The Argies are just very bad losers, other than cheats. They put so much effort into diving, chating abuse and shit like that, no wonder they always get their asses kicked out of big competitions.

C'mon Frisk...you act like they are the only ones who would do that. The Germans werent being any angels either, they were roughing up anyone they could. The only good that came out of this is Pekerman resigned.

Man just seeing Cambi's face after the game made this loss sting so much more. All I could think about was Zanetti's face after they lost to Milan in the CL.

:-(

minterke
30 Jun 06, 22:42
Argentina didn't deserve this victory, a draw was the right result but only an Argie would say they deserved the victory. Leo Franco was shit in the PKs, he barely dove he just fell to the side.

Both teams were hungry, but in the end I guess Klinsmann and Lehmann were the difference makers.

Gaetan
30 Jun 06, 22:45

I'm loving every single minute of this Argentine defeat.

I personally play with a bunch of Argies at home and they've got this attitude about football that just makes me sick. Many lie, cheat and are sore losers.

And please, before this is called racism, it's more like first hand experience. Sorry if class acts like catanha and co may not like what is coming out of my mouth, but I sincerely think so.

Fabio
30 Jun 06, 22:46
Why wasn't Abbondanzieri playing?

Fabio

P.S This has been a BAD week for catanha :D

Miki
30 Jun 06, 22:49
Pekerwood got what he thoroughly deserved. You reap what you sow, numbnut.

Zaidriano's avatar says it all, really. Essentially, he screwed Argentina right before the tournament even started. He had a squad comprising the world's best players, but he couldn't do a thing with them.

What a shame. A great team goes out.

Ciao,
Tim

minterke
30 Jun 06, 22:57
I personally don't care that Pekerman didn't call up JZ or Samuel. I mean if you are trusted enough to be the coach of a huge footballing nation like Argentina at the WC then you should pick whatever players you like and it should be your own project. Sadly though, Pekerman disappointed everyone from day 1 by keeping players like Aimar, Tevez and Messi on the bench.

You pull out your key playmaker at the 70th minute to defend a 1 goal lead against a team like Germany in the WC quarterfinals? I wish I can say that Germany don't deserve to advance, sadly though they do.

rainBOWstarlite
01 Jul 06, 01:14
I think Pekerman should have kept Riquelme on, and bought Messi or Saviola on in the last minutes. I heard that he's resigned as team coach and it's probably so that he dosen't have to face the media regarding his tactics today. I honestly thought Argentina would go on to win htis but I knew Germany would be a tough team.

zip
01 Jul 06, 01:39
Where catanha is it now? Someone know? LOL

snake
01 Jul 06, 03:45
Colocci is a JOKE!!!

If Burdisso is injured, you could of used Samuel, Gonzalo or even Milito.

The best bit of the whole day was seeing Sorin owned like that by Odonkor :D :D :D

Pekermans an idiot, Tevez...fuck me i want him @ inter.

shahz_nerazzurri
01 Jul 06, 04:02
DAMN, I wished Pekerman would have gotten sacked instead of resigning, that would have been much more humiliation for him, and more satisfaction for me. :D
Frankly, this was the best Argentine team in years, and I feel sorry for the Argentinian public, one moronic coach screwed them over

Alex de Large
01 Jul 06, 04:09
Tevez has proved that he can play in the big team he wants, we should get him now :D

Pravesh
01 Jul 06, 05:42
fuck fuck pekerman ... for not having j.zanetti in the squad, for not playing messi yesterday, for not playing with a playmaker ....

As to those who says Argentina didn't deserve the victory (Frisko), so was the case with Germany. ;)

Ziyad
01 Jul 06, 07:27
I saw the pics of the fight..I have no idea why i cant post them here.

Anyways i got a pic of dirty bitch Cufre kicking a German player in the groin...Another during the fuss Maxi trying to punch Shweini when he wasnt looking...Pathetic these two they should be banned for life out of the WC

Ziyad
01 Jul 06, 07:28
http://www.spiegel.de/img/0,1020,656945,00.jpg

Ziyad
01 Jul 06, 07:29
http://www.bild.t-online.de/BTO/sport/wm2006/fotogalerie/argentinien-deutschland-rangelei/mfb-5022257-rangelei-quer,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,width=1 76.jpg
This bastard should be banned for life !!! He doesnt have the class to represent his country at the WC.

M.Adnan
01 Jul 06, 07:48
Glad to hear that Pacman has resigned.

Thanks for screwing the world cup chance on JZ and Walter.

Now JZ will try to hope.. WC10 .. 36 years old..

robson ponte
01 Jul 06, 08:44
Up your ass PECKERman!!!!!:finger: :ass:

The only one I feel sorry for is Cuchu.:( Damn, why didn't Sorin shoot that penalty, it would've been the perfect scenario to see him miss.

Ziyad
01 Jul 06, 08:54
I was wondering why Tevez didnt take one since he really wanted to kill Lehman with his penalty?!?!?

robson ponte
01 Jul 06, 09:02
I was wondering why Tevez didnt take one since he really wanted to kill Lehman with his penalty?!?!?

Yeah. But what can you expect from Pekerman...:wallbang:

Handoyo
01 Jul 06, 09:15
http://www.bild.t-online.de/BTO/sport/wm2006/fotogalerie/argentinien-deutschland-rangelei/mfb-5022257-rangelei-quer,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,width=1 76.jpg
This bastard should be banned for life! He doesnt have the class to represent his country at the WC.
Shocker. Maybe I'm considered "g@y" or "un-macho" but this is football, not World Wrestling Federation. Ban Cufre for life. :finger:

Pekerman seems to be a passionate coach, but leaving J.Zanetti & Samuel are shockers and he paid for it. Good riddance, but what a waste. A proper full Argentina team will have a very very high chance of winning this World Cup.

Sorin as captain. :lol::lol::lol:

Eshilde
01 Jul 06, 10:17
This result is still better for Argentina than the last World Cup, when they're failed go to the 2nd round. The worst thing, that I saw Javier Zanetti was crying after the game versus Sweden.

In the World Cup 2006, at least Argies goes to quarter final, too bad, they met Germany and defeated in the game.

The bad thins about this match are :
1. Argentina lost
2. The match was ended with chaos, and some Argentine player forget about the theme of World Cup 2006, "It's Time To Make a Friends".
3. The worst thing, Pekerman didn't bring Zanetti to the squad, and this could be the good thing, because if he is in there, I might see he is crying again.

Pajo
01 Jul 06, 12:08
Tevez...fuck me i want him @ inter.

Who doesn't want Tevez in Inter. Man, I would kill for him, better than Toni, better than Tavano, better than Ronaldo, better than Oba Oba!:D

catanha
01 Jul 06, 12:44
everything that has been said in this thread so far is correct, I can't try and defend anything that we did wrong.

Absolutely heartbroken, especially for someone like Roberto Ayala to miss a penalty, its a shame that people like Heinze let the team down by not marking Klose when he scored the goal. Saying if is a wonderful thing, but if only Zanetti was there, if only Burdisso was there, if only Messi was there, if only Roman was there, if only Crespo was there.

Pekerman is the definition of an arrogant fool, take off your best players in the biggest match of his life. About the performance, we did what we had to do except for the final 10 minutes.

I'm not going to argue with anyone about cheating or diving, because they will most likely be correct but how was it not a handball by the German defender in the 83rd minute, I've been rewinding and pausing that all day today and I can't believe a penalty wasn't given, Tevez was going ballistic at the ref, ironically they didn't even show a replay of it, but Maxi didn't deserve a penalty when he was brought down because the defender did get Maxi and not the ball, but Maxi is a disgrace for falling over like that.

About the fight, Cufre should be banned for life, I do not condone that, Maxi should get a life ban for attempting to kill Schweinsteiger but from what I've read, Heinze & Tevez should be applauded because Bierhoff ran past Ayala who missed a penalty and taunted him about missing the penalty, to which Heinze went absolutely nuts about and Bierhoff ran screaming "I'm sorry, I'm sorry" in English.
Also, I've read about Argentine players trying to put off the German penalty takers, is that wrong? is not allowed?

Regarding the future for Argentina, its a disaster that players like Ayala & Zanetti will never feature in a World Cup arena again, but my brother called me and said that there were hundreds lined up outside of Pekerman's house, all the windows were broken but the mood was much of heartbreak than anger, with chants of "Messi, Messi, Messi" and a rumour was that the Argentine FA were going to resign, and a new board with Maradona, Redondo, Kempes, Ruggeri leading the line with Valdano as coach with Javier Zanetti as captain.

congratulations to Germany.

Vamos, vamos Argentina, no te deja, no te deja de alentar.

:broken: :cry:

Marcello
01 Jul 06, 12:51
Man feel like shit for you Argentina die hard supporters aka Catanha
But why dint he ever play messi did he give him shit or somthing i cant work out

Pajo
01 Jul 06, 13:05
I asked if there is a video about the fight. Can somebody give me link to that video?

Frisko
01 Jul 06, 13:07
everything that has been said in this thread so far is correct, I can't try and defend anything that we did wrong.

Absolutely heartbroken, especially for someone like Roberto Ayala to miss a penalty, its a shame that people like Heinze let the team down by not marking Klose when he scored the goal. Saying if is a wonderful thing, but if only Zanetti was there, if only Burdisso was there, if only Messi was there, if only Roman was there, if only Crespo was there.

Pekerman is the definition of an arrogant fool, take off your best players in the biggest match of his life. About the performance, we did what we had to do except for the final 10 minutes.

I'm not going to argue with anyone about cheating or diving, because they will most likely be correct but how was it not a handball by the German defender in the 83rd minute, I've been rewinding and pausing that all day today and I can't believe a penalty wasn't given, Tevez was going ballistic at the ref, ironically they didn't even show a replay of it, but Maxi didn't deserve a penalty when he was brought down because the defender did get Maxi and not the ball, but Maxi is a disgrace for falling over like that.

About the fight, Cufre should be banned for life, I do not condone that, Maxi should get a life ban for attempting to kill Schweinsteiger but from what I've read, Heinze & Tevez should be applauded because Bierhoff ran past Ayala who missed a penalty and taunted him about missing the penalty, to which Heinze went absolutely nuts about and Bierhoff ran screaming "I'm sorry, I'm sorry" in English.
Also, I've read about Argentine players trying to put off the German penalty takers, is that wrong? is not allowed?

Regarding the future for Argentina, its a disaster that players like Ayala & Zanetti will never feature in a World Cup arena again, but my brother called me and said that there were hundreds lined up outside of Pekerman's house, all the windows were broken but the mood was much of heartbreak than anger, with chants of "Messi, Messi, Messi" and a rumour was that the Argentine FA were going to resign, and a new board with Maradona, Redondo, Kempes, Ruggeri leading the line with Valdano as coach with Javier Zanetti as captain.

Respect to catanha :star:

I've just read that Maradona was not allowed in the stadium by FIFA officials. Reason: he's too loud when he sings with his friends... :eek: :confused:

J zanetti
01 Jul 06, 13:29

If true, then this is great, a bit too late but still it might ease the pain for few of the players and specially our own Javier.
Having said I wont blame Zanetti if he now decides to retire from international football.

Frisko
01 Jul 06, 13:33
If true, then this is great, a bit too late but still it might ease the pain for few of the players and specially our own Javier.
Having said I wont blame Zanetti if he now decides to retire from international football.
He won't, he said clearly that he won't give up and he will keep work hard to regain his place in the NT.

J zanetti
01 Jul 06, 13:35
He won't, he said clearly that he won't give up and he will keep work hard to regain his place in the NT.
Good to hear that, I just can't remember him saying that though. But I'm sure you are right. ;)

Frisko
01 Jul 06, 13:39
There you go mate:

Will you end your international career after this exclusion?
"On my part this is certainly not the end. I will continue to work like I have done in all these years so I can return to defending my country's shirt. There will be many matches and I still hope I can play in a few."

http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?L=en&N=23042&stringa=zanetti

Alex de Large
01 Jul 06, 14:53
Like always, GRANDE JAVIER, always humble.
I would like to read his words after the yestarday match, and know if he wants to continue with Argetnina NT or not.

Tommi
01 Jul 06, 18:55
I've just read that Maradona was not allowed in the stadium by FIFA officials. Reason: he's too loud when he sings with his friends... :eek: :confused:
I dont believe that´s correct.

Maradona didnt want to enter to the stadium ´cause one of his friend wasn´t allowed to enter.

Anywayz, poor tactical choices from Peker. Too bad Argentina is out, i would´ve loved to see Argentina vs Italia match.

Hammoudi
01 Jul 06, 19:51
I really didn't think Germany would come back and score a goal. In any normal game, a team would just shut it off against this Argentina, but that's what they call the crowd factor.

Also, Pekerman acted like a ball-less Italian coach and went for the caution! It was really shocking, you don't do stuff like that in the WC. Also, if you go with 3 CM's (Cambiasso, Lucho, Mascherano) then Messi should have come for Maxi Rodriguez.

LOL @ Collocini, what a poetic justice that the tying goal came off the right-flank of Argentina. Ballack had all day to cross that ball.

I am surprised at those here who questioned Odonkor's introduction. He gave Sorin so much trouble and provided great crosses. He is also hungry, and might be the only member in the German NT who actually shows emotions!

Respect to Catanha for being a man and admitting that some Argie players acted unprofessional. And I agree on Bierhoff, but he has always been a selfish jackass.

UhUhOleguer
01 Jul 06, 20:03
and a rumour was that the Argentine FA were going to resign, and a new board with Maradona, Redondo, Kempes, Ruggeri leading the line with Valdano as coach with Javier Zanetti as captain.

Oh man..if this happens, it will be the best possible for Argentina. Redondo, and Valdano..match in heaven! Despite being real figures, I adore both of them, because they were visionaries.

maradona has to be there for giving the team confidence..

that's as good as it gets...2010 will be Argentina's!

Hammoudi
01 Jul 06, 20:22
Ayala:

5 games played, 1 goal (should've been 2), 0 yellow cards and 0 red cards.

Playing in a defence where one player just came back from a long injury and never looked sharp. Another player was jittery and got injured only to be replaced by two clowns and the GK was good-average.

Playing in a team that was offensive for the most part and included alot of youngsters. Still, you didn't even get a single card. You only comitted 7 fouls, but suffered 10!

You were flawless, the real captain and had the best defensive display I have ever witnessed in my life.

It wasn't supposed to end like this, but it ended in an Ayala-fashion. So much unfortunate events and unlucky circumstances, just like your soccer career.

Fark Nesta, Maldini, Stam etc. etc. YOU ARE THE BEST EVER.

Everyone else was the favourite son of the city with rolling red-carpets and love from everyone. You were another 'Gonzalez' or 'Carlos' that was given little chance and had to fight your way. They gave you little chance and wasted your years, and the curse of injuries always loomed over you.

Some had Baresi, Maldini etc. etc. and played in a defensive league. You played in the hub of offensive soccer with average defensive partners. You won your team the championship in the face of Los Galacticos in their prime.

I pity those who don't appreciate you. I just hope God gives you health and good fortune and we all see you again and again.

Alex de Large
02 Jul 06, 01:53
Argentina in southafrica 2010, with Hector Cuper, i hope it's not maradona or bianchi.

-------------------------------USTARI----------
ZAAAAAANNNNNEEEEEEETTTIIIIIIII (36 years old :D )---AYALA-----MILITO------HEINZE-----
-----------------------------------MASCHERANO--GAGO---CUCHO--------------
----------------TEVEZ------------------------------------MESSI----------------------
--------------------------------------EL KUN-------------------------------------

Hammoudi
02 Jul 06, 03:46
I had hoped they'd hire Cuper when they fired Biesla, but I was wrong. I hope it's either Bianchi or Cuper this time.

Catanha, if you read this, what are you thoughts on Cuper (in general and about him getting this job?)

Frisko
02 Jul 06, 08:51
Ayala:

5 games played, 1 goal (should've been 2), 0 yellow cards and 0 red cards.

Playing in a defence where one player just came back from a long injury and never looked sharp. Another player was jittery and got injured only to be replaced by two clowns and the GK was good-average.

Playing in a team that was offensive for the most part and included alot of youngsters. Still, you didn't even get a single card. You only comitted 7 fouls, but suffered 10!

You were flawless, the real captain and had the best defensive display I have ever witnessed in my life.

It wasn't supposed to end like this, but it ended in an Ayala-fashion. So much unfortunate events and unlucky circumstances, just like your soccer career.

Fark Nesta, Maldini, Stam etc. etc. YOU ARE THE BEST EVER.

Everyone else was the favourite son of the city with rolling red-carpets and love from everyone. You were another 'Gonzalez' or 'Carlos' that was given little chance and had to fight your way. They gave you little chance and wasted your years, and the curse of injuries always loomed over you.

Some had Baresi, Maldini etc. etc. and played in a defensive league. You played in the hub of offensive soccer with average defensive partners. You won your team the championship in the face of Los Galacticos in their prime.

I pity those who don't appreciate you. I just hope God gives you health and good fortune and we all see you again and again.
I gotta admit defeat here. I've always thought you and catanha were overrating the shit out of Ayala, but he was the best defender in the WC, an absolute rock, not one mistake, ready to cover for others, just incredible, hats off to him.

catanha
02 Jul 06, 09:07
Hamed, no to Cuper.
From his time @ Inter how many awesome playmakers did he reject? Kaka, Ronaldinho etc.

Argentina's future is to play beautifully, to play a tridente consisting of Tevez, Aguero & Messi, and I'll be pretty surprised if Cuper had those players @ his disposal and if he even plays one of them in his team.

UhUhOleguer
02 Jul 06, 10:02
Hamed, no to Cuper.
From his time @ Inter how many awesome playmakers did he reject? Kaka, Ronaldinho etc.

Argentina's future is to play beautifully, to play a tridente consisting of Tevez, Aguero & Messi, and I'll be pretty surprised if Cuper had those players @ his disposal and if he even plays one of them in his team.

nevermind that he would take the team to the final and lose it. ;)

No man..the future is Valdano!! I pray to god that he takes over.

Shafs
02 Jul 06, 10:28
I felt sorry for Esteban.

Hammoudi
02 Jul 06, 15:00
Frisko, I am glad you saw the light brother. I respect your opinions, but I am happy that you and the world saw the real Ayala. Too bad it had to end.

Hamed, no to Cuper.

For the record Catanha, Moratti came out and denied that Cuper rejected Dinho. I think it's the same with Kaka, and let's not forget that the management rarely listened to Cuper.

I am sure if they had the chance, they'd have gotten Kaka and Dinho and told Cuper to work it out. After all, they got him Morfeo, a playmaker, and told him to make it work!

Karim
02 Jul 06, 22:13
Argentina should have been through, if it weren't for Abodenzieri's injury!
The guy is my goalie choise in case of any penalties, in Boca in the Libertadores he rules penalties, I really like him.

pablito
03 Jul 06, 04:56
here is the video of the fight, if anyone wants to see again:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcFAP2AX6XM&feature=Views&page=1&t=t&f=b

CafeCordoba
03 Jul 06, 05:15
Argentina should have been through, if it weren't for Abodenzieri's injury!
The guy is my goalie choise in case of any penalties, in Boca in the Libertadores he rules penalties, I really like him.

Oh, then it was a really bad luck for Argentina, cause Leo Franco reminded me of Julio Cesar on penalties.

Michal
03 Jul 06, 16:42
link (http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/sports/story/0,4136,109378,00.html)
YOUR FAULT, JOSE
By Wang Meng Meng

July 03, 2006

NO way, Jose.

Normally so astute and so wise, Argentina's rocket scientist of a coach picked the most inopportune moment to make his only tactical goof of the competition.

And now, Jose Pekerman has paid the ultimate price - his head.

As he announced his shock resignation in the wake of his country's 4-2 defeat on penalties to Germany in the last eight, having drawn 1-1 at the end of extra-time, he knows that victory, a spot in the World Cup semi-finals and a place in footballing immortality was there for his taking. But he let it all slip away.

It seemed to be against all logic, to say the least.

Pre-match, the 56-year-old was on an unprecedented high.

He is hailed as the best youth coach ever, having taken Argentina's Under-20s to three world titles in 1995, 1997 and 2001.

He reached the quarter-finals of this World Cup by playing some of the finest football seen in Germany, especially that 6-0 slaughter of Serbia and Montenegro.

And he has been praised by the Argentinian press for taking 10 attacking players to Germany - Juan Roman Riquelme, Lionel Messi, Pablo Aimar, Carlos Tevez, Hernan Crespo, Julio Cruz, Rodrigo Palacio, Luis Gonzalez, Maxi Rodriguez and Javier Saviola.

But against all logic, Pekerman kept his high-calibre guns holstered in Berlin just when it was the perfect time to brandish them and pump the Germans full of lead.

Up until the 72nd minute, Argentina were coasting.

An off-colour German side were on the backfoot, having fallen behind to Roberto Ayala's emphatic header in the 49th minute.

The deadly triangle of Michael Ballack, Miroslav Klose and Lukas Podolski were feeding on crumbs. And Juergen Klinsmann simply could not find a way to outwit his South American opponents.

Sensing that a famous victory was close at hand, Pekerman boldly removed his chief architect Riquelme and replaced him with holding midfielder Esteban Cambiasso. It was a decision that was greeted with joy on the Rhine and met with shock back at River Plate.

Lest it be forgotten, it was the man they call Romi who was punching holes in Klinsmann's armour with those radar-guided through passes. And it was his unerring corner that was thumped home by Ayala.

Though there was space to be exploited, which was right up the playmaker's alley, the coach's decision to send in a destroyer proved fatal as it surrendered all the initiative to the Germans.

As the hosts poured more resources forward, Pekerman could have sealed his opponents' fate by sending in the fleet-footed Messi, Saviola or Aimar to make a beeline for lumbering centre-backs Per Mertesacker and Christoph Metzelder.

TIMELY

In addition, with Germany's energy sapping away laying siege on stand-in Leonardo Franco's goal, the timely use of fresh legs with fresh ideas by Argentina would probably have buried the Germans for good.

Instead of making one final push, Pekerman forced his team to take two steps backwards. His choice of substitutes, Cambiasso and Julio Cruz, proved to be uninspiring.

And there never was any coming back against arguably the most resilient national team ever.

Right on cue, Klins-men made Argentina pay with just 10 minutes left.

Drifting to the left, Ballack found some room to plant a cross inside the box where Tim Borowski was on hand to provide the flick-on.

And Klose needed no second invitation to send a powerful header past Franco, who had replaced the injured Roberto Abbondanzieri.

Then came the inevitable, the dreaded penalty shoot-out after the stalemate in extra-time, which really should be re-named the German Roulette after their amazing knack of winning these World Cup tie-breakers against France (1982 semi-final), Mexico (1986 quarter-final), England (1990 semi-final) and even during the European Championships (England again, in the 1996 semi-final).

In the test of nerves, Ballack, whose calf injury had flared up again, defied medical science to step up and hoof a shot that totally wrong-footed Franco.

How Pekerman could do with the marksmanship of Riquelme, Crespo, Aimar, Saviola and Messi in his hour of need.

Instead, Ayala and Cambiasso hardly looked confident as they aimed their kicks straight at Lehmann.

He took risks. He gambled. He bet the farm.

But what is it they say about unhatched chickens?

What a cock-up.

Handoyo
04 Jul 06, 08:41
What the f*ck! :D Michal, how the hell did you get your hands on a Singaporean article? :D Let me just say that I read that newspaper (The New Paper) everyday and it's full of bollocks, don't even bother reading it. One of the "pundits" even proudly proclaimed that he has 2 TV to watch 2 simultaneous CL matches to analyze both of them at the same time. :lol::lol::lol: A bigger joke than Pekerman, these guys.

Respect for Catanha for accepting Argie's defeat graciously. :star: You're wrong on one thing though mate. J.Zanetti has the physique of a Superman and he WILL play in World Cup 2010 barring any cock-up of a coach. :strong: (Hopefully Ayala does too. My eyes have been opened too, in this World Cup, just like Frisko.)

Hand;)yo

Hammoudi
04 Jul 06, 11:48
One of the "pundits" even proudly proclaimed that he has 2 TV to watch 2 simultaneous CL matches to analyze both of them at the same time. :lol::lol::lol: A bigger joke than Pekerman, these guys.

lollllllllllllllllllll, now that was funny! What is his name? Just to watch out for him in the future?

Handoyo
04 Jul 06, 13:40
lollllllllllllllllllll, now that was funny! What is his name? Just to watch out for him in the future?
Tohari Paijan. :D A local football coach here. I'm not sure but I think his club is in a league equivalent to Serie C2 in Italy. :D

The best thing is, he writes with supreme confidence and claims that had coach X did "this and that" his team would have won the match.

He never cease to amaze me. Once put R.Carlos & Cafu in a 3-men defence (Not the wing-backs!) in one of his dream team.

Hand;)yo

Handoyo
09 Jul 06, 09:01
Cufre given brawl ban
Saturday 8 July, 2006
Roma defender Leandro Cufre and Argentine teammate Maxi Rodriguez have received hefty bans for their part in a brawl with Germany.

The unseemly melee broke out after Germany won a quarter-final penalty shoot-out and video footage showed Cufre sparking the scuffle by kicking defender Per Mertesacker in the groin.

The Roma player, who was an unused substitute in that game, has been given a four-match ban and fined £4,800 for his part in the incident.

Maxi Rodriguez will have to sit out a two-match suspension and fined £2,400 after he was caught on camera throwing punches in the ensuing brawl.

German midfielder Torsten Frings was banned for the semi-final defeat to Italy for punching Julio Cruz. Video evidence from Italian television station Sky Italia was used to suspend the player.

(channel4)

Disgrace. :yuck:

Can someone please enlighten me, how and why the hell do fines given to player or clubs always amount to only 0.000001% of the total wages/revenue they make? :confused:

Cufre deserves to be ban for life after that kick.

Though to be honest, we ourselves are familiar about such an incident when Matrix punched Cirillo even though Matrix wasn't even on the match squad when we played Siena in San Siro on 03/04. :D

Whether provoked, or unprovoked, such actions should thrown outta football.

Hand;)yo

Frisko
09 Jul 06, 11:09
Please somebody kill Blatter. Phuckin disgrace, that piece of sh it Cufre gets a 4 match suspension just like De Rossi?

Phuck this, even better phuck you FIFA, FukinIdiotsFukininArseholes.