PDA

View Full Version : The Shoutbox

Miki
17 Jul 06, 19:20
Hi guys, I have disabled the Shoutbox as it is the apparent source of our forum's performance-related issues. If the forum runs smoothly within the next few days, the Shoutbox will not be reinstated.

Ciao,
Tim

Hammoudi
17 Jul 06, 19:28
Sadly, this is true, the forums are much smoother now.

RIP Shoutbox :cry: To quote Durai: "You will be in our hearts and minds."

Bad jokes aside, it was a great idea by Tim and a great way to talk to each other. Not to mention it relieved Jimmy of his lonely feelings few times.

Durai
17 Jul 06, 19:28
i can't believe it.

Hammoudi
17 Jul 06, 19:31
i can't believe it.

I know Durai, if it wasn't for those wise words you dropped the other day, I don't know what I'd be doing now.

It's in times like this fond memories are what you keep in your heart and positive memories is what you keep in your mind.

Durai
17 Jul 06, 19:34
I know Durai, if it wasn't for those wise words you dropped the other day, I don't know what I'd be doing now.

It's in times like this fond memories are what you keep in your heart and positive memories is what you keep in your mind.

i'm glad someone understands and well done on your 10,000th post.

Gaetan
17 Jul 06, 19:42
Wasn't really a regular on the shoutbox so others will definately miss it more then I will, but it's a shame that it seems that was the problem for the server slowing down too often.

What's that phrase? "It was fun while it lasted"? :D

Durai
17 Jul 06, 19:43
What's that phrase? "It was fun while it lasted"? :D

Yes it was

Miki
17 Jul 06, 19:52
The Shoubox was the one place where I could be king of the hill with regards to post counts. However, even my position as chief chatter was usurped by Hamed himself. :(

Ciao,
Tim

Fabio
17 Jul 06, 20:05
The Shoutbox was the one place in the forum I could get away from Frisko for a while, now....its gone!

Fabio :(

Durai
17 Jul 06, 20:06
The Shoutbox was the one place in the forum I could get away from Frisko for a while, now....its gone!

Fabio :(

me too

minterke
17 Jul 06, 20:22
How about we just put a member limit (and ban all the crappy members who have like 2 posts in the video thread), or ask people who want to be members to write an essay on why they would be a good member to the forums? If they're pretty crappy then don't let them join...then we can have a smoother running forums and have our shoutbox back :D

I mean, it's the only place where Durai feels like he belongs :dielaugh:

Miki
17 Jul 06, 20:24
How about we just put a member limit (and ban all the crappy members who have like 2 posts in the video thread), or ask people who want to be members to write an essay on why they would be a good member to the forums? If they're pretty crappy then don't let them join...then we can have a smoother running forums and have our shoutbox back :D Yeah Mike, I wish this could be so.

Unfortunately, the real problem is the script proper. The forum slows down even when nobody is using the Shoutbox.

Ciao,
Tim

Durai
17 Jul 06, 20:25
How about we just put a member limit (and ban all the crappy members who have like 2 posts in the video thread), or ask people who want to be members to write an essay on why they would be a good member to the forums? If they're pretty crappy then don't let them join...then we can have a smoother running forums and have our shoutbox back :D

I mean, it's the only place where Durai feels like he belongs :dielaugh:

very funny but i have posted over 1200 posts in less than 3 months.

brehme1989
17 Jul 06, 20:25
:lol: You are so mean! :D:D:D

The shoutbox was very convenient, but I never really liked it. After all, most of us used it because we were bored. What's the arcade for then? :P I bet no one has ever played an arcade game, except those that had records taken away, after the shoutbox came in...;):)

Miki
17 Jul 06, 20:26
very funny but i have posted over 1200 posts in less than 3 months.
A statistic which pales in comparison to the time taken for you to amass 1000 posts.

What was it, a week? :D

Ciao,
Tim

Durai
17 Jul 06, 20:26
why not get rid of all members who haven't posted for a month.

Durai
17 Jul 06, 20:27
A statistic which pales in comparison to the time taken for you to amass 1000 posts.

What was it, a week? :D

Ciao,
Tim

about a week and a half

brehme1989
17 Jul 06, 20:27
Unfortunately, the real problem is the script proper. The forum slows down even when nobody is using the Shoutbox.

Really? :confused: I thought it was the opposite way round:wth:

So why don't make some people post all day long on it! :lol:

I'm sure that there are other shoutbox alternatives out there ;)

Miki
17 Jul 06, 20:28
why not get rid of all members who haven't posted for a month.
What, from the Shoutbox? That can't be done.

Besides, my previous reply to Mike explains that even if if were possible, it still wouldn't solve the forum's problem.

Ciao,
Tim

brehme1989
17 Jul 06, 20:28
about a week and a half

Damn do you keep track on this?:lol: :lol: :lol:

Durai
17 Jul 06, 20:29
Damn do you keep track on this?:lol: :lol: :lol:

nah just a rough guess

Miki
17 Jul 06, 20:30
Really? :confused: I thought it was the opposite way round:wth:

So why don't make some people post all day long on it! :lol:

I'm sure that there are other shoutbox alternatives out there ;)
Well, I'll see if there are any viable alternatives.

vBShout is popular since it uses AJAX to enable live chat. It functions in a way similar to MSN Messenger (and other chat programs) in the sense that refreshing is not required in order to see new shouts.

Ciao,
Tim

brehme1989
17 Jul 06, 20:35
There's a virtual mirc sort of program, it iss used in online games actually. If I manage to find the program name I'll inform you ;)

brehme1989
17 Jul 06, 20:43
I suggest you learn how to speak French, or have Hamed as the man who handles it(coz he;s the only mod that speaks fluent French no? or enricos may speak french too, i dont know:) )
I think all are in French. If you wanna know how this this actually is, contact me via msn ;)

www.diboo.net (http://www.diboo.net)
www.mandragor.org (http://www.mandragor.org)
www.pjirc.com (http://www.pjirc.com)
www.falcon.be (http://www.falcon.be)

I think the program is called pjirc btw, so the third link, which is in English, is the most helpful;)

Miki
17 Jul 06, 20:50
This chat program requires an external window. In that sense, it functions less as a Shoutbox as opposed to a full-fledged chat program.

We have MSN Messenger anyway. The Shoutbox was intended as a forum-based message delivery system. It is a cross between a chat program and a tag-board. :)

Ciao,
Tim

brehme1989
17 Jul 06, 20:51
Okay then, I thought it could work as an alternative ;) Coz some people don't go on msn very often, others don't have the msn of some people etc....

Anyway, I could try to find one in 2-3 days if you really want me to:D

Miki
17 Jul 06, 20:53
It's okay, Yuko. I'll search vBulletin.org for any good Shoutbox alternatives. That forum is the place to go for any mods & plugins for vBulletin forums.

Ciao,
Tim

pablito
18 Jul 06, 06:02
great, where the fuk am i gonna insult shahz now.

$cags
18 Jul 06, 07:14
so what theres not going to b any shoutbox at all ne more!!!!!!!

we need the shoutbox it is easiest way to chat to our fellow interista's and mind due the fact that its pretty fun, such as wat pabs has said is quite true about shabz!

plz try n find another alternate for a shoutbox at least

brehme1989
18 Jul 06, 10:52
Yeah it was always scgas+pablito chats in the shoutbox sometimes that I logged on :D:D:D
I was sure that you would complain much about this :P

Keir
18 Jul 06, 11:44
just use something like this and have a link to it from the front page

http://www.chatzy.com/

n00bs

brehme1989
18 Jul 06, 14:36
Similar to what I posted, Tim wants a shoutbox! That is pinned on the forum, not external from it, as there's always msn...

Keir
18 Jul 06, 21:17
Similar to what I posted, Tim wants a shoutbox! That is pinned on the forum, not external from it, as there's always msn...

you cannot have one that is not external though and not connected to the site though can you, otherwise it will just slow the site down

could the shoutbox not be on a separate page to the front page of the forum and will this not be better as it will only be accessed by the people who actually want to see it rather than it been seen by everyone who visits the frontpage?

brehme1989
18 Jul 06, 21:22
Yeah, I posted a good one before, if you have noticed the begining of the page, but Tim said he wants a fixed shoutbox, not external, as we have msn...

Miki
18 Jul 06, 21:45
I am willing to explore new ideas; however, a chatbox running on the server might slow down the forum as much as the Shoutbox did. Essentially, so long as the chat program requires direct access to the database as in the case of the Shoutbox, our server might suffer as a consequence.

Ciao,
Tim

Keir
18 Jul 06, 21:48
I am willing to explore new ideas; however, a chatbox running on the server might slow down the forum as much as the Shoutbox did. Essentially, so long as the chat program requires direct access to the database as in the case of the Shoutbox, our server might suffer as a consequence.

Ciao,
Tim

disable smileys etc and delete the "shouts" after a few days?

Miki
18 Jul 06, 21:50
disable smileys etc and delete the "shouts" after a few days?
That isn't the problem, Keir. The Shoutbox requires direct access to the mySQL database everytime it is loaded. It's taxing the server resources and that's exactly what the administrators of our webhost concluded.

Since taking the Shoutbox down, the loading times for the forum have been restored to a normal speed, wouldn't you say?

Ciao,
Tim

brehme1989
18 Jul 06, 21:52
Sometimes I'd say. It sometimes take the same time... Maybe if you removed some of the arcade games, I don't know, maybe it'd help a bit.

Miki
18 Jul 06, 21:55
Well, at least for me, the loading times have been very much improved. The Arcade isn't a real problem, since almost nobody uses it these days.

Ciao,
Tim

Hammoudi
18 Jul 06, 21:58
I'd say it improved. However, I think the traffic has been less on the forums as of late (with the conclusion of the WC and all.)

I think a real test would be if we do a major signing and lots of people would come to check it out.

Keir
have a lo-fi version of the forum for shoutbox users?

brehme1989
Yeah it is a lot faster without the shoutbox. Maybe it was just too busy at the time I was trying to make posts... It took the same time as the last few days is what I mean ;)
I guess you can work things out the best possible way for the forum :)

Miki
18 Jul 06, 22:31
I'd say it improved. However, I think the traffic has been less on the forums as of late (with the conclusion of the WC and all.)

I think a real test would be if we do a major signing and lots of people would come to check it out.
Well, previously, the forum majorly slowed down even with a handful of persons surfing the forum. :D

Ciao,
Tim

minterke
19 Jul 06, 00:39
Fack the shoutbox, this forum is getting too commercialized. First the Google Ads, then the donation requests, now we're starting with FI Tee's and CD's what's next? I see myself sitting in the movie theater one day while the previews are on and seeing

"2 Asians. 1 Swede. 1 Dream. 1 Football Club. Forza-Inter forums, not just forums...but a way of life. Brought to you by the good people at the NRA and of course...Asia."

:D

snake
19 Jul 06, 03:53
Fack the shoutbox, this forum is getting too commercialized. First the Google Ads, then the donation requests, now we're starting with FI Tee's and CD's what's next? I see myself sitting in the movie theater one day while the previews are on and seeing

"2 Asians. 1 Swede. 1 Dream. 1 Football Club. Forza-Inter forums, not just forums...but a way of life. Brought to you by the good people at the NRA and of course...Asia."

:D

If t hat doesnt work they can always sell themselves lol, Hamed's eyes just lit up...

snake
19 Jul 06, 04:43
its almost 3pm in australia, so europeans are asleep and there only about 5 people online including guests...

Yet the forum is fkn slowwwwwwwwww.

brehme1989
19 Jul 06, 19:12
It's the ghost of the shoutbox coming to eat you!!!!!! :lol:

snake
21 Jul 06, 04:34
Tim, if we had the Shoutbox on but had NO arcade, what would happen there?

the forum is still usually slow for me even without the shoutbox, maybe we should get rid of Arcade instead? :D

Poll time.

pablito
21 Jul 06, 06:25
the forum is slow as a motherfaker

nigga please!

we need the shoutbox bak!

Miki
21 Jul 06, 08:00
Tim, if we had the Shoutbox on but had NO arcade, what would happen there?

the forum is still usually slow for me even without the shoutbox, maybe we should get rid of Arcade instead? :D

Poll time.
Actually, the forum is working rather normally, at least for me.

The Shoutbox was definitely a main cause of the forum's degradation in performance.

In fact, our host's server administrator cited the Shoutbox as the major factor.

Ciao,
Tim

brehme1989
21 Jul 06, 16:00
If you remove the Arcade, can I still keep my trophy? :proud: :P

Mikkel
21 Jul 06, 16:16
Actually, the forum is working rather normally, at least for me.

The Shoutbox was definitely a main cause of the forum's degradation in performance.

In fact, our host's server administrator cited the Shoutbox as the major factor.

Ciao,
Tim

at leat it work for you then :grumpy: it doesn't for us who doesnt have the highest connection.

it's still slow as hell for me, and it didn't make any difference what so ever that you removed the shoutbox.

brehme1989
21 Jul 06, 16:42
I've really fast connection and it's still slow! (I've 24Mbits connection atm)

shahz_nerazzurri
21 Jul 06, 19:30
Hey, I havent been of the forums for past few days, and now I done see any shoutbox. can anyone tell, why it was removed?

Durai
21 Jul 06, 19:53
some people think it's the reason for the forum becoming slow sometimes, so they got rid of it, also some people wanted it to be removed because they never use it i won't name any names.

Hammoudi
21 Jul 06, 20:04
Dear Shah,

Last Monday, and around 3:20 pm EST, the Shoutbox was put to rest. It was an emotional time for us all since we grew fond and had fine memories with the Shoutbox. Tim was never the same after killing the Shoutbox, and few of us are sturggling to come in grips with the facts.

However, the following words by Durai were a remedy to the heartache:

It will be in our hearts and minds.

So, just remember it in your heart and keep it vivid in your mind.

BTW, here is the link: http://www.forza-inter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3027

And I am killing this needless thread, search around next time!

Durai
21 Jul 06, 21:44
bring it back, the forum is still slow.

Miki
21 Jul 06, 21:53
Actually, I waited a few days to test the server's performance, and whilst there is an improvement, it isn't a huge one.

I have shot off several tickets to our host's support system, and am awaiting a system technician's diagnosis of the problem.

However, restoring the Shoutbox is only going to make things worse. What don't you understand, Durai?

Ciao,
Tim

Durai
21 Jul 06, 21:58
What don't you understand, Durai?

Ciao,
Tim

i dunno

Ciao,
Tim

brehme1989
21 Jul 06, 22:09
:lol: :confused: :lol:

Miki
21 Jul 06, 22:09
Alright, keep it that away. :D

Ciao,
Tim

Durai
21 Jul 06, 22:11
Alright, keep it that away. :D

Ciao,
Tim

keep what that way?

Ciao,
Tim

pablito
22 Jul 06, 10:27
this is bullshit!

i want the shoutbox bak. why should i have to ring scags, wastre my money, when we can talk on the shoutbox..i'm starting a campaighn to bring the shoutbox bak, those who want to join me, say I, the rest can fuk off

Ciao,
Durai

$cags
22 Jul 06, 10:32
this is bullshit!

i want the shoutbox bak. why should i have to ring scags, wastre my money, when we can talk on the shoutbox..i'm starting a campaighn to bring the shoutbox bak, those who want to join me, say I, the rest can fuk off

Ciao,
Durai

yeh i sorry to say but this is a joke i want the shoutbox bak its the best
pabs bro u i second every single motion u take wit this shout box shit, so yeh put me down for ur campagin

Durai
22 Jul 06, 20:56
this is bullshit!

Ciao,
Durai

count me in as well, BRING BACK THE SHOUTBOX

Ciao,
Pablo

shahz_nerazzurri
22 Jul 06, 21:04
NO NO HOW CAN YOU TIM???. The 'shoutbox' wasnt just a box, as Mike puts it "It was a way of life for me".
How can you take it away from me. OHH all those beautiful memories that I had on my shoutbox. AHHHH those 4 or 5ams when I wasnt sleepy, I would just humiliate Helal and piss off Pablo, or make fun of KT and England. AHH GOOD TIMES
What WHAT am I going to do now at 5am Tim, WHAT???

Serioulsy, I wasnt here that much last week, so I dont know about forums slow speed, but we had the shoutbox for over 4 months, and the forums seemed running smoothly all the time. Its just that we have some people over here, with crappy net connections, who like to moan a lot whenever the forum goes a wee bit slow.

I need THE SHOUTBOX BACK. And I am gonna join Pablito's campaign

Fabio
22 Jul 06, 21:56
I'm with you Pablito, NO SHOUTBOX NO PARTY!

Fabio :D

pablito
23 Jul 06, 04:17
right..
fab
shabaz
scags
durai
Hal ( i'll just shove your name there)

come on people, we need to protest, scags and me have already put a message on our sigs..
we will not be pushed around like kids, we will not be treated like animals! we have a rights jut like any other members, and we demand the shoutbox be re-instated!
..there will be consequences mofos

http://www.fromwhereisit.org/wp-images/posts/mushroom.jpg

Mikkel
23 Jul 06, 10:13
lol :lol: it's ain't that important, the only time I used it was when I was bored. so go out and meet some chicks and get laid instead. :P

$cags
23 Jul 06, 11:01
lol :lol: it's ain't that important, the only time I used it was when I was bored. so go out and meet some chicks and get laid instead. :P

buddy get over ur self, its the shoutbox n us on the campaign list want it back, what the fuk do chicks and sex have to do wiv the shoutbox, ur just jellous cos ur always being owned by the shoutbox dominators:D

come saviours just join our campagin "DO IT!"

"WE WANT THE SHOUTBOX BAK !!!!!!!!!!":frustrat:

Durai
23 Jul 06, 11:29
We Want The Shoutbox Back

brehme1989
23 Jul 06, 11:42
Put me on the list for the sake of it :P
I'll create an online petition if you want and make people sign :lol:

Executioner
23 Jul 06, 11:43
We Want The Shoutbox Back
^What that guy just said :P

Edit: put me on the list... if there is one :P

Durai
23 Jul 06, 11:44
I'll create an online petition if you want and make people sign :lol:

please do

pablito
23 Jul 06, 12:48
ok revised list of shoutbox millitants:
me
fab
shabaz
scags
durai
Hal
yuko
cozzi (his a good lad, hell join the dark side with me)
executioner
katiey (she'll join)
marcello (same as cozzi)
BS (we all know he aint getting laid, so the shoutbox is only alternative)
Hamed (he'll join any group helal is in)
wally (he'll join any group hamed is in)
zaidriano

petition coming soon. be patiant children

snake
23 Jul 06, 13:14

LOLLLLLLLLLLLL

Hamed has been owned so much lately, poor guy has lost it all.

Keir
23 Jul 06, 14:19
Surely a forum that runs at a reasonable speed and no shoutbox is better than a forum that is sloooooooooow and a shoutbox especially when there are alternatives for the shoutbox.

brehme1989
23 Jul 06, 19:15
Silence!!! :fero:

(I speak for Pablo as he's asleep :P:P:P)

P.S: I agree with you, I think pjirc was good enough... I'm joining the shoutbox thingy just for the sake of it :lol:

Durai
23 Jul 06, 19:27
me
fab
shabaz
scags
durai
Hal
yuko
executioner
katiey (she'll join)
marcello (same as cozzi)

you forgot frisko

cozzi
24 Jul 06, 08:31
I'll join the list and great job Pas and Scags

We must have the shoutbox back.

Its one of the best things on the forum.

pablito
24 Jul 06, 10:14
ok soldiers... sighn the official petition
http://www.petitionnow.com/forzainter

durai as senior vice president, i expect you to pass this petition around to as many people as possibel lol. scags will be the tough guy who breakes peoples legs if they dont sighn.

$cags
24 Jul 06, 12:13
ok soldiers... sighn the official petition
http://www.petitionnow.com/forzainter

durai as senior vice president, i expect you to pass this petition around to as many people as possibel lol. scags will be the tough guy who breakes peoples legs if they dont sighn.

:boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing:
dats right bitches all u guyz better sign this fukn petition :rules: :rules: :rules:
COS WE WANT THE SHOUT BOX BAK NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WIT SOUTBOX:D
WITOUT SHOUTBOX :frustrat: :frustrat: :wallbang: :frustrat: :frustrat: :frustrat:

$cags
24 Jul 06, 12:13
Sign the petition ppl otherwise the shoutbox soilders will come n get u !!!!!!!

Mikkel
24 Jul 06, 14:31
me
fab
shabaz
scags
durai
Hal
yuko
executioner
katiey (she'll join)
marcello (same as cozzi)

WTF :wth: I'm getting plenty. :stuckup: lol I just think I will go against the Stream and say no to the shoutbox just for the sake of it. :D besides I'm not that interested in joining the Dark side, I see myself as a bright person who always are friendly and who couldn't hurt a fly. :D

Choppin Onions
24 Jul 06, 19:52

:lol:

I barely ever used the shoutbox. The entire Aussie contingent seems to love it for some reason. I wouldn't mind if it came back... as long as it doesn't slow the forums down like it did before. Trying to post was like trying to walk through 5 feet of snow.

Durai
24 Jul 06, 19:56
WTF :wth: I'm getting plenty. :stuckup: lol I just think I will go against the Stream and say no to the shoutbox just for the sake of it. :D besides I'm not that interested in joining the Dark side, I see myself as a bright person who always are friendly and who couldn't hurt a fly. :D

JUDAS

Durai
24 Jul 06, 20:05
forum is slow again.

Miki
25 Jul 06, 01:56
I'm sorry people, but I don't think I will be reinstating the Shoutbox. I have checked the server usage every single day since its removal, and the stress load of our host's CPU has indeed gone down. In fact, by quite a bit.

I understand the Shoutbox presents a great place to communicate with your fellow members, but the cost of its implementation is our forum's own performance.

forum is slow again.
No server is a 100% free of hiccups, Durai.

I can attest to the fact that since the Shoutbox has been taken down, I have seen a 1000% reduction in server crashes relating to our mySQL database.

Ciao,
Tim

snake
25 Jul 06, 02:02
Sorry Tim, but the forum has still been slow everynow and then for me too.

Im just curious if you removed the Arcade and reinstated the Shoutbox will the forum also run smoothly? Please dont lie, and if so I think the guys on this forum deserve to vote on it.:star:

Miki
25 Jul 06, 02:17
Thing is, is it always as slow, and as frequently so, as when the Shoutbox was around?

On my part, the forum has certainly sped up. Like I said, I can attest to the fact that we are receiving much LESS server errors than when the Shoutbox was around. Moreover, the CPU's performance has greatly improved, too.

Ciao,
Tim

snake
25 Jul 06, 02:21
Hmm youd make a good Politician, cause you did NOT answer my question.

Ill quote myself for you.

Im just curious if you removed the Arcade and reinstated the Shoutbox will the forum also run smoothly? Please dont lie, and if so I think the guys on this forum deserve to vote on it

Miki
25 Jul 06, 02:25
Hmm youd make a good Politician, cause you did NOT answer my question.

Ill quote myself for you.

Im just curious if you removed the Arcade and reinstated the Shoutbox will the forum also run smoothly? Please dont lie, and if so I think the guys on this forum deserve to vote on it I don't believe the Arcade is impeding the forum's performance. In fact, as I have mentioned before, our server's tech administrator attributed our forums's degrading performance to the Shoutbox.

Moreover, the forum has sped up to a more reasonable speed ever since the Shoutbox has been removed, or at least on my part.

Ciao,
Tim

snake
25 Jul 06, 02:50
Ok so your saying if we kept the shoutbox but no arcade, the forum would not be quick enough?

Miki
25 Jul 06, 03:13
Ok so your saying if we kept the shoutbox but no arcade, the forum would not be quick enough?
I believe this to be so, yes.

vBShout was also the one script that ate a colossal amount of bandwidth. In fact, during the month of June, vBShout utilized the greatest amount of bandwidth - 6.6 GB, as opposed to only 4.5 GB for the total amount of threads loaded from all users.

Moreover, the Arcade doesn't connect to the database as frequently as the Shoutbox does. Everytime the Shoutbox is loaded, a mySQL request is made - chatting on the Shoutbox is the equivalent of making a post per chat entry.

For those reasons, along with an enhanced server load, and as affirmed by Hostgator's tech admin, I am of the opinion that the Shoutbox was our forum's number 1 contributor to its degrading performance.

I'll be looking for other viable alternatives.

Ciao,
Tim

Durai
25 Jul 06, 09:26
I'm sorry people, but I don't think I will be reinstating the Shoutbox. I have checked the server usage every single day since its removal, and the stress load of our host's CPU has indeed gone down. In fact, by quite a bit.

I understand the Shoutbox presents a great place to communicate with your fellow members, but the cost of its implementation is our forum's own performance.

No server is a 100% free of hiccups, Durai.

I can attest to the fact that since the Shoutbox has been taken down, I have seen a 1000% reduction in server crashes relating to our mySQL database.

Ciao,
Tim

lies nothing but lies.

Durai
25 Jul 06, 09:27
Im just curious if you removed the Arcade and reinstated the Shoutbox will the forum also run smoothly? Please dont lie, and if so I think the guys on this forum deserve to vote on it.:star:

that would also cause riots but i would be happy about that.

Durai
25 Jul 06, 09:29
Sorry Tim, but the forum has still been slow everynow and then for me too.

looks like i'm not the only one, helal have you signed the petition? if you haven't please do sign it.

brehme1989
25 Jul 06, 10:43
The shoutbox caused me to see a weird guy instead of the forums once, when it was stuck and i refreshed the page :lol: You know well, Tim :D:D That hasseldude, baywatch guy :P Did the hostgator people inform you about that? :D

Hammoudi
25 Jul 06, 21:15
Man, I had a great laugh reading this! Pablito rocks :star: and he he is right, wherever Helal is, I am at, and wherever I am, Waleed is at.

Jokes aside, I thought for few times that the Shoutbox made no difference, but now I have to agree with Tim, it's much faster.

It was indeed a great idea to have the Shoutbox Tim, and now you are a victim of your own genious (like Helal is after inventing the legal age limit.)

I don't know how accurate this is, but maybe if we had a big enough server, we can have both. But that means more $$ and ways are iffy as they stand.

shahz_nerazzurri
25 Jul 06, 22:28
Tim how about kicking out the Mutimedia forum, and getting the shoutbox back?. I am sure a few of other members would agree to this.

Cause shoutbox was just not a box, it was a way of life for us. I enjoyed many emotional moments out there, pissing off Helal and pablito, at 4am in the mornings. I 'need' it back.

SHOUTBOX TILL I DIE!!!!!.

Serioulsy though, if we wanna get a bigger sever, which will cost more money, I will be willing to spend some cash, as long as I get my shoutbox back

minterke
26 Jul 06, 01:01
MM forum > Arcade > Shoutbox >>>>>>>>> Australia

Miki
26 Jul 06, 01:10
Tim how about kicking out the Mutimedia forum, and getting the shoutbox back?. I am sure a few of other members would agree to this. Well Shahz, the Multimedia forum isn't the problem; in fact, as I have mentioned in an earlier post, the Shoutbox alone uses up as much bandwidth and database connectivity as the rest of the forum (threads, posts reading).

Serioulsy though, if we wanna get a bigger sever, which will cost more money, I will be willing to spend some cash, as long as I get my shoutbox back We wouldn't be able to afford another server upgrade. :D

Ciao,
Tim

brehme1989
26 Jul 06, 01:14
How much money are we talking about here Tim? A couple of hundreds or more? :)

Miki
26 Jul 06, 01:31
About a $100 more, per month. :D

Ciao,
Tim

brehme1989
26 Jul 06, 01:44
Allow me to say: OUCH!!!!!!!! :scream:

How much does the current want cost by the way? I think you have already $200 or even more from donations, and you have your own money(:lol:) so it should be okay to shift at a time in future, when more people will donate and when you finally get a job :lol: :P

EDIT: I just noticed that you have around $500!!!!!!!!

Miki
26 Jul 06, 02:00
Yeah, but it costs us $75 a month on our current server.

Ciao,
Tim

pablito
26 Jul 06, 03:18
this is bullshit!

MM forum > Arcade > Shoutbox >>>>>>>>> Australia

take your canadian bitterness elsewhere. :D

Marcello
26 Jul 06, 08:20
y would u take away the mm forum for a fuken shoutbox?

Durai
26 Jul 06, 08:33
i have a wild theory, but i think the following people are not real they are a form of artificial intelligence within this forum they were created by the original starter off this forum.

Tim
Hamed
Helal
Frisko
J zanetti
and a couple of others

i know it seems absurd but it seems the only logical explanation.

pablito
26 Jul 06, 08:33
becasue the MM forum, is for gay people who suk cock, swallow the cum and take it up the ass with pleasure.

yeh u heard me cum lips...
these forums are so fkn boring now.

pablito
26 Jul 06, 08:35
durai, i'm loving your theory..
it might even expain why hamed gets no pounding action
i dont know bout helal though, he seems pritty dam human to me.
but the rest...well your onto something their.

brehme1989
26 Jul 06, 10:41
Have you noticed that Tim never gets wrong the "Ciao, Tim" he posts everytime? :eek: :lol: :lol:

Durai
26 Jul 06, 10:45
Have you noticed that Tim never gets wrong the "Ciao, Tim" he posts everytime? :eek: :lol: :lol:

exactly LOL

Marcello
26 Jul 06, 12:28
durai, i'm loving your theory..
it might even expain why hamed gets no pounding action
i dont know bout helal though, he seems pritty dam human to me.
but the rest...well your onto something their.

alright then

so when our best game comes with fkn awsome goals

wat u gana do then turn to the shoutbox

im not taking sides just the forums have been pretty fast latley

pablito
26 Jul 06, 12:43
alright then

so when our best game comes with fkn awsome goals

wat u gana do then turn to the shoutbox

im not taking sides just the forums have been pretty fast latley

hmmmm... chek out the other hundreds of inter sites which provide, more then sufficiant videos of every fuking incident which comes to mind.

your taking sides..spare me the crap.

Marcello
26 Jul 06, 12:47
Say what you want

pablito
26 Jul 06, 12:51
dont cry

Marcello
26 Jul 06, 12:53
yeah, give me a tissue

pablito
26 Jul 06, 13:00
is that for the tears....or the cum on your lips

Marcello
26 Jul 06, 13:02
na

brehme1989
26 Jul 06, 13:03
:lol: That's why the shoutbox will be missed :cry:

$cags
26 Jul 06, 13:05
hoiw can u do this marcello ur breaking the ozzy brotherhood, how can u go against our doings n say u dont want the shoutbox

Marcello
26 Jul 06, 13:05
hahah true

bring it back lol

sorry boys

pablito
26 Jul 06, 13:06
so which one...be spacific man..not all tissues can perform the same job
*ohhh the irony, how the shoutbox would have come in handy for the convo*

pablito
26 Jul 06, 13:07
marcy.. i knew you would trurn mate!
i had faith in thee

$cags
26 Jul 06, 13:09
well if theres no shoutbox well i guess this is our only other option

I WANT THE FUKN SHOUTBOX BAK NOW I SAY NOW

pablito
26 Jul 06, 13:11
so scags hows ya day been mate?
isnt shahz such a prick..
canadinas in general are just punk bitches, who act cool, but are not

$cags
26 Jul 06, 13:12
marcy.. i knew you would trurn mate!
i had faith in thee

yay marcy u stayed awaay from the dark side!!!!!!!!!!

i knew u had it in u

$cags
26 Jul 06, 13:13
so scags hows ya day been mate?
isnt shahz such a prick..
canadinas in general are just punk bitches, who act cool, but are not

fukn oath shit day
n yes i so agree wit u shahz is a bitch
y cant they just be themselves n not try n live in the shadows of usa

$cags
26 Jul 06, 13:16
durai buddy how u been??

how have plans for the shoutbox returnal coming along

Durai
26 Jul 06, 13:18
durai buddy how u been??

how have plans for the shoutbox returnal coming along

not great, the mods warned me not to spam when i sent messages to everyone about the petition.

Jimmy
26 Jul 06, 13:19
Guys, I suggest you take all the chat conversation to MSN or any other chat program. It's been made clear that we cannot have the shoutbox, so let's end it here.

$cags
26 Jul 06, 13:23
i agree 100% wat happns if im not aloud to use msn

Durai
26 Jul 06, 13:25
we don't really need the arcade we should get rid of it and bring the shoutbox back.

$cags
26 Jul 06, 13:28
we don't really need the arcade we should get rid of it and bring the shoutbox back.

n wtf does the calendar do wtf, n by the way the service today is fukn shit house, n yes it was neva like this wen the shoutbox was here

brehme1989
26 Jul 06, 13:28
What if "The Shoutbox" thread becomes THE SHOUTBOX? :lol:

:rolleyes:

$cags
26 Jul 06, 13:29

but its just not the same, like this some times take millions of years

brehme1989
26 Jul 06, 13:30
The calendar is good imo
The arcade is good imo
The shoutbox was good imo
The forums though are the best of them all, so we shouldn't wreck it...

Hammoudi

Good suggestion Yuko.

We already have the crap thread, but I think it's fine if we have a new thread called 'The Shoutbox.'

Durai

yeah not bad idea, the mods could delete the posts everyday.

$cags
26 Jul 06, 13:34
see how fuk slow it is thats the point they removed the shoutbox n look wats happning now

Fabio
26 Jul 06, 13:43
No one can argue though because this IS the shoutbox!

lol

Wheres frisko these days

$cags
26 Jul 06, 13:44
First step til we get the whole thing back ay?

hopefully

but still after awhile it just doesnt have the shoutbox touch

Hammoudi
26 Jul 06, 13:47
well one big factor of the new form of shoutbox is that we can get our post counts very high llol :)

Yeah, that's why I said 'I think it's fine.' Obviously it isn't since the post count will be increased unfairly.

So how about wait until we agree on something?

snake
26 Jul 06, 13:49
I move for a vote.

Make a poll where users make a single vote on what they would rather have.

1) Shoutbox
2) Arcade

3) Calendar (but i doubt this one, since it dosnt slow it down much)

seriously, this forum should have a democracy. If the Arcade (which i NEVER use) is more wanted, then we shall leave the shoutbox GONE.

Both sides of the argument should elect one leader who puts foward his argument, they should get a week :D

I think the boys deserve a fair go.

pablito
26 Jul 06, 13:50
if post count is important to people then thats just sad..
honostly wtf is post count got to do with anything..
we will spam every fuking thread till we get the shoutbox bak.

$cags
26 Jul 06, 13:52
so they not fair to the tru interista's

$cags
26 Jul 06, 13:53
dats just really really sad

they should get a life if they do

Hammoudi
26 Jul 06, 13:54
I move for a vote.

Make a poll where users make a single vote on what they would rather have.

1) Shoutbox
2) Arcade

3) Calendar (but i doubt this one, since it dosnt slow it down much)

seriously, this forum should have a democracy. If the Arcade (which i NEVER use) is more wanted, then we shall leave the shoutbox GONE.

I think the boys deserve a fair go.

Oi, Tim has said that the Arcade doesn't impact the forums that much and that the shoutbox takes as much space as the forum itself.

If there was a viable solution, then we'd see about a vote. But until there is one, I don't see what the calendar or the arcade can do?

Anyway, lol @ some people here, are you guys kidding and trolling us or the Shoutbox means that much to you?

pablito
26 Jul 06, 13:54
its called a democracy, and we wont sit here accepting this shit..
ban us.. we will come bak , biger stronger then ever

$cags
26 Jul 06, 13:55
its just mad, n like what is so bad with it

pablito
26 Jul 06, 13:56
double

$cags
26 Jul 06, 13:56
these fukaz have better of heard of spartacaz cos we would just be like him get bigger n bigger till we offically take ova

Hammoudi
26 Jul 06, 13:59
Relax, nobody is banning you for speaking out. I doubt I'd ever get my hands to ban Pablito and his sexy (according to Helal) cousin $ags.

Jokes aside, trust me, I want the Shoutbox too. However, there has to be a solution that makes sense. What is the point of having a Shoutbox and a slow forum (and I did notice the difference.)

Finally, not to be a prick or anything, but why isn't MSN a good solution to the problem?

$cags
26 Jul 06, 14:01
thanx for the compltement lol

$cags
26 Jul 06, 14:02
no cos like i liked the fact of spking wit my interista in an inter environemnt

pablito
26 Jul 06, 14:03
hamed...your such a compasionate man..always calm, collected.. flanders like

msn is not the same...some people dont have msn for a start..secondly twas fun to talk..and people would join along for the ride..remember thje times hamed i asked for help in exams and people chipped in with respomces ext..
making fun of BS and shahz is not the same if people dont see it..

come join us hamed lol..fight the power.

$cags
26 Jul 06, 14:06
i have to second that motion pabs

ur quite the champ hammed

i just wish ur friends on the admin teams were just so considerate like u

Miki
26 Jul 06, 14:07
The calendar is part of vBulletin - it cannot be removed.

The only other add-on to the forum script is the Arcade. As I said before, it was the Shoutbox that utilized a huge chunk of server resources.

1) Our tech admin has pinpointed the Shoutbox as the main factor contributing to our forum's performance (or the proper lack of).

2) Ever since I've removed the forums, our server load has greatly increased.

3) The Shoutbox utilized the most bandwidth.

Ciao,
Tim

$cags
26 Jul 06, 14:09
they always try and rule us little guyz wen the thing is we are the feet of this site, we are the dough on the pizza, one day i myself may be able to be the cheese n rule on top

$cags
26 Jul 06, 14:15
i can finally go to bed wit all our hard wrk starting to steadily going somewhere, good wrk boyz

WELCOME TO THE NEW SHOUTBOX

pablito
26 Jul 06, 14:18
welcome indeed
well done lads!
i'm tired after all this comotion....cyaz fellaz

Fabio
26 Jul 06, 14:50
Durai, its time for you and me to see if we can do anything while the Aussies sleep.

I will start by saying this, why can't all you mods be like good old Hamed?!?!?!

brehme1989
26 Jul 06, 15:41
Do I win anything? :P

Handoyo
26 Jul 06, 15:49
If you want a place where you can chat with each other, look no further than here (http://forza-inter.com/forums/announcement.php?f=16). It's mIRC. It's very simple to learn.

Do our forum a little favor. Shoutbox used the most bandwidth and definitely slows down the forum. Even I myself am enjoying faster load time ever since it was removed.

And please, for the love of the Gods, petition? :lol:

brehme1989
26 Jul 06, 15:52
Han, check this out: www.pjirc.com (http://www.pjirc.com)
It's irc for websites, external, and it's probably gonna help more, as it's something that the forums give, and that members won't need to search or change servers each time. I already suggested this but Tim said at the time that he wanted something like the shoutbox. Now that we can see that it's not possible, check that, and also the other program that Keir posted ;)

Durai
26 Jul 06, 15:57
Durai, its time for you and me to see if we can do anything while the Aussies sleep.

I will start by saying this, why can't all you mods be like good old Hamed?!?!?!

yep hamed who i have noticed is very............ lenient.

Durai
26 Jul 06, 18:48
when this was posted the forum was ffffffff*cking slow.

why tim?

Miki
26 Jul 06, 19:49
when this was posted the forum was ffffffff*cking slow.

why tim?
I've asked our host for an explanation for our server's crash.

I've yet to receive any reply, though.

Ciao,
Tim

Sisenando
27 Jul 06, 01:43
Shoutbox is our source of bonding, and we want it back.
SHOUTBOXXXXXXXXX
We can chat in an Inter environment!!
Imagine there's a match, and Inter score, we won't be posting in the threads anymore with lame one liners like "GOOOAAALLL""
That's just unfair post addition. Let's reinstate the SHOUTBOXX SO WE CAN CELEEEBRRREEEAAATTTEE GOOD TIMES, COME ON!
SHOUTBOXX
SHOUTBOXXX
SHOUTBOXXXX

Executioner
27 Jul 06, 01:52
^Stop bitching lol :P

Say it like this: Please, get the shoutbox back. :P :P

$cags
27 Jul 06, 09:35
^Stop bitching lol :P

Say it like this: Please, get the shoutbox back. :P :P

if that wrks i would seriously suk my own dik, so yeh

u have to be strong wit these guyz STAND UP FOR WHAT IS RITE:boxing: :boxing: :frustrat: :happy: :nervous: :| :boogy: :stuckup: :D ;) :) :P :lol: :boxing: :boxing:

why did u the admin delete my signature why?????????????????????

its not fair

its just not ethical

pablito
27 Jul 06, 09:45
lol its a conspiracy scags....they want to shut us up, silence our voices.............but we will never be silenced!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

btw scags my msn is not working

$cags
27 Jul 06, 09:45
hearrro pabs

im so fukn stuck in my maths hw duno wtf to do

lol its a conspiracy scags....they want to shut us up, silence our voices.............but we will never be silenced!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

btw scags my msn is not working

why the fuk not how come wtf fuk is happning first its no shout box n now its this whyyyyyyyyyyy:frustrat: :frustrat:

Handoyo
27 Jul 06, 10:31
Ah, sorry Scags, I forgot to send you the PM to tell you that your sig was too long (over 8 lines).

If you want a place to chat, as I've said before, go to our IRC channel.

Don't waste your effort in making petitions and $hits. Take that time to learn how to use IRC and bring members there instead. ;)

brehme1989
27 Jul 06, 17:02
Han, check this out: www.pjirc.com (http://www.pjirc.com)
It's irc for websites, external, and it's probably gonna help more, as it's something that the forums give, and that members won't need to search or change servers each time. I already suggested this but Tim said at the time that he wanted something like the shoutbox. Now that we can see that it's not possible, check that, and also the other program that Keir posted ;)

This is better than irc :D It's irc ON Forza-Inter.com :boogy:
All you have to do, is learn if it's a free thingy or not...
And also check Keir's post on the subject...

Irc might be too hard for some people;) I for example cannot log onto a server different from Undernet :confused:

Lamb of God
27 Jul 06, 17:21
so how loud can i can shout is there a limit :D

Executioner
27 Jul 06, 17:25
^No...

Does this shoutbox cost money Yuko? Or not?

Lamb of God
27 Jul 06, 17:33
no

great than i shout as much as i can

Executioner
27 Jul 06, 17:40
Well why don't they get it if it doesn't cost money?

Ok then, no more please :P

GET THE ****ING SHOUTBOX BACK!!!! :P

Executioner
27 Jul 06, 17:41
Stop spamming you two...

Waleed
27 Jul 06, 20:50
Man I can not believe I have been included in this charade for the return of the shout box. Shame on you Hamed. ;)

Personally I dont care either way, I didnt use the shoutbox that often and since its removal have seen a pretty big change in the speed with which I can access the threads...............from what I have read this is not the response that guys wanted to hear from me.

Never fear I am always on the side of the oppressed little people, fighting for their right to express themselves, especailly when you guys are coming up against my arch nemisis Timmy. The only way to settle this is the way we settle all arguments on this forum............. a good old fashioned game/battle of batminton!

Helal suit up man we are going to war here, Hamed make yourself useful and shine my good badminton shoes, fetch me a gatorade while your at it too. :howler:

PS: Timmy I am not interested in your logcial arguments of the forum working better or whatever. They are not going to get through to my militia of hardheaded shoutbox fanatics. Select a partner (Han, BS or both) and get ready to have your faces rubbed into the gymnasium floor. You guys are going down!!

Sisenando
27 Jul 06, 21:11
Hey, can I get a list of who are in this group of "freedom shoutboxx fighters"?
Or operation "Loud Freedom"?
I for one, have petitioned :D

Keir
27 Jul 06, 23:01
www.chatzy.com

pablito
28 Jul 06, 09:12
zaidirano your on the list mate...
...but it sadly seems we wont be getting our shoutbox back..
the admins have unfortunatly forgotten about democracy.

i understand the admins have supreme powers over members ext.. but i just thoguht for such an issue perhaps the members who actually use the shoutbox day in and day out could have had their say....a poll would have been more then satisfactoy terms of resolving such an issue.

the petition has fallen upon deaf ears.... and has been laughed upon by the so called, "understanding" admins.

this is a sad day in the history of FI. when the little people get pushed around like so.

shame shame shame,

Pajo
28 Jul 06, 17:47
Well, the forum is still slow in moments, removing the shoutbox did not make big difference. I thing you mods should give us back the shoutbox.

Durai
28 Jul 06, 20:23
Well, the forum is still slow in moments, removing the shoutbox did not make big difference. I thing you mods should give us back the shoutbox.

pajo sign the petition

Stefan
28 Jul 06, 20:28
Tim how about kicking out the Mutimedia forum, and getting the shoutbox back?. I am sure a few of other members would agree to this.

Cause shoutbox was just not a box, it was a way of life for us. I enjoyed many emotional moments out there, pissing off Helal and pablito, at 4am in the mornings. I 'need' it back.

SHOUTBOX TILL I DIE!!!!!.

Serioulsy though, if we wanna get a bigger sever, which will cost more money, I will be willing to spend some cash, as long as I get my shoutbox back

The mm forum is way more usefull. We need it to get our videos. You guys can chat by using aim,msn or yahoo no need for the shoutbox.

Executioner
28 Jul 06, 20:34
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
A shoutbox will always be good in a forum..

That way the whole forum can chat, and not have your MSN list crowded with people :P

brehme1989
28 Jul 06, 21:27
You haven't even seen the bloody thing? How can you talk about it? :lala:

Durai
28 Jul 06, 21:29
You haven't even seen the bloody thing? How can you talk about it? :lala:

he probably saw it when he visited as a guest when we had the shoutbox or maybe at another forum.

Pajo
29 Jul 06, 00:24
pajo sign the petition

I did, I'm 13 on the list.

EDIT: Wow, my 666 post, I am a vampire...:crazy:

Where is the shoutbox now? I wanted to say bye to you, I have to sleep, but I can't. Please, bring it back...

Shaun
29 Jul 06, 03:41
This topic is Idiotic, Tim has given you the reasons why having the shoutbox is logistically not sound, and yet guys continue on this vendetta? It is painfully obvious that its not coming back, there is no point in extending this argument any further.

Durai
03 Aug 06, 19:11
where's that member who went by the majikv?

Kato
03 Aug 06, 20:30

Don't know about anybody else but i'd rather have the forum working than a little chat thing at the bottom of the screen.

If the shoutbox is the only reason ur on the site.. Then maybe it's a waste of time replying!

Frisko
03 Aug 06, 20:42
The fact that people spend time debating and making petitions about the shoutbox is disturbing :rolleyes:

Michal
03 Aug 06, 20:51
http://www.petitionnow.com/forzainter/signatures1-16.html

12..Durai is gay..............Durai is gay. Ban him now

btw I will never sign this document...;)

Durai
03 Aug 06, 20:55
http://www.petitionnow.com/forzainter/signatures1-16.html

12..Durai is gay..............Durai is gay. Ban him now

btw I will never sign this document...;)

ha ha that is 'sooo funny'.

Executioner
03 Aug 06, 20:56
^I bet that was Frisko... He always seem to hate you....

Either him or it was you trying to be funny :P

Durai
03 Aug 06, 20:57
^I bet that was Frisko... He always seem to hate you....

Either him or it was you trying to be funny :P

nah wasn't me, i think it was frisko.

Executioner
03 Aug 06, 21:04
You people just HAVE to spam this place up!!!

Durai
07 Aug 06, 21:00
so many days have past since the shoutbox was close but it seems like it was yesterday when i was last on it, it bought happiness to a lot of people except the evil one who never posted on the shoutbox and so to piss everyone off he got rid of it.

Handoyo
07 Aug 06, 21:51
Alright, well, this has gone for too long. It's not coming back.

Thread closed.

Hand;)yo