PDA

View Full Version : Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Suneet
12 Jan 08, 17:01
LOL..nice one on Adriano to Islam. make me laugh :D
Anyway, those Mideast do drink, but usually to warm themself..but like you said, why the hell do we talk about religion here?!

Its too warm here anyways? We dont need any other warmness.:D

Adam
12 Jan 08, 23:43
Guys, that interview where he got the question "your first time?" was "uno di noi" for Interchannel and he answered "Di cosa?" meaning "of what?" which is a perfectly valid question IMO:D , even though it's obvious what she meant.

The lady that did the interviews then said something along the lines of that she couldn't say that on television and she put a dot and moved on to the next question. That's why Ibra laughed.

The thing's on youtube for those interested. Btw, I remember readiing in another interview from Gazzetta that he lost his virginity at sixteen.

Anyways. I'm hoping to see a great match from him tomorrow. I hope he scores but I would rather see him get involved more in build up because some of the passes he's pulled off lately have been pure magic.

Enricos
13 Jan 08, 00:01
Ibra weds Inter until 2012: ‘Nobody scares me’

How I just love his muscle-talk :D

Opeum
13 Jan 08, 03:53
Its too warm here anyways? We dont need any other warmness.:D

Well, I heard about it from guy from Oman :D

Suneet
13 Jan 08, 15:45
Well, I heard about it from guy from Oman :D

Its actually winter here, I've never seen it rain for 4 hours on the trot like it is today and this is a first. Perhaps its George Bush, I love the guy because they've declared tomorrow a holiday cz he's coming.:D

Back to the topic: Zlatan's football, lets hope we wont talk about his virginity or anything. Does anyone have a clip of his 2nd goal against Siena, I missed the game :(

Forza ragazzi
13 Jan 08, 16:44
inter.it. Magnificent shot into the top corner.

Adam
13 Jan 08, 20:56
Saw the goal again. Absolutely brilliant strike!:star:

I thing I noticed though...Is it me or does Ibra have an obsession with hitting the ball in the top right corner? Almsot every shot he takes he aims for it.

His superstrike against Cska, then again against Lazio although he didn't hit his target, again against Fenerbache, against Milan he tried it first on a volley and then again at the end of the match, and today he scored his goal and again tried it towards the end. Coincidence?

Jonnie_Venom89
13 Jan 08, 21:06
Saw the goal again. Absolutely brilliant strike!:star:

I thing I noticed though...Is it me or does Ibra have an obsession with hitting the ball in the top right corner? Almsot every shot he takes he aims for it.

Sure he does. It's harder , if not even imposible for the keeper to keep it out that way. :D If it's on target , it's a goal:) Grande Ibra!

Adam
14 Jan 08, 01:36
Yeah but why the right all the time? Why not the left?

Anyways, another thing that I'm excited about is the idea of that if Ibra continues to score in the same pace that he has thus far this season, not only will he have outscored Ronaldo's league tally for us but he will also have a better goal per match ratio, by the end of the season.

All notions of "better players around him" and "stronger league back then" aside that would still be something.:)

Ooops, sorry. I miscalculated a little. He would infact still be a number of goals behind Ronaldo if he keeps this form up. I guess he's gonna have to speed it up a bit.:D

Suneet
14 Jan 08, 06:41
Yeah but why the right all the time? Why not the left?

Anyways, another thing that I'm excited about is the idea of that if Ibra continues to score in the same pace that he has thus far this season, not only will he have outscored Ronaldo's league tally for us but he will also have a better goal per match ratio, by the end of the season.

All notions of "better players around him" and "stronger league back then" aside that would still be something.:)

Ooops, sorry. I miscalculated a little. He would infact still be a number of goals behind Ronaldo if he keeps this form up. I guess he's gonna have to speed it up a bit.:D

He will get better eventually than Fatnaldo. I just hope at the end of 2008 people outside Inter and the Serie realise the immense talent he has.

kylan05
14 Jan 08, 13:33
Who are we kidding guys? Ibra is ugly, as shit. Remember when he was with Jube, there was a pic of him on this forum looking like a donkey? Chances are before he started making money, he never got laid. [QUOTE]

Are u kidding me, shahz? Ibra is so hot ;) I especially like his big nose.

[QUOTE=Pico32;310289]http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t44/eng_pico32/zlatan-ibrahimovic-30.jpg
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t44/eng_pico32/zlatan-ibrahimovic-21.jpg
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t44/eng_pico32/zlatan-ibrahimovic-20.jpg
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t44/eng_pico32/zlatan-ibrahimovic.jpg

Handoyo
14 Jan 08, 13:34
Monster :scared:

He was bad in the Derby and I feared that it may hampered his confidence in the second half of the season but he answered back with 2 goals and an assist. I just pray that we can keep watching Zlatan performing like this until the end of his career.

rockball
14 Jan 08, 15:43
[QUOTE=shahz_nerazzurri;311539]Who are we kidding guys? Ibra is ugly, as shit. Remember when he was with Jube, there was a pic of him on this forum looking like a donkey? Chances are before he started making money, he never got laid. [QUOTE]

Are u kidding me, shahz? Ibra is so hot ;) I especially like his big nose.

Different people, different tastes :D

He is an unconventional good looker.

Adam
14 Jan 08, 20:57
Zlatan today recieved the award for male Swedish athlete of year and "Jerringpriset" which is basicly the athlete of the year voted by the Swedish people. It's the highest honor any sportsman/woman can get in Sweden and it's the first time ever it has gone to a footballer.:proud: :star:

Zlatan made a very intelligent, insightfull and humble speech.:star: Like always in speeches you forget to thank someone important and he forgot to thank his wife, who was there with him.:lol:

One thing that made me really laugh out loud was when they showed the clips of his story so far they had a clip when he was in Malmö and scored a nice goal, and he made his "Godammit, I'm good!" celebration in the clip. Only that one is the worst of them all. I'll translate his speech later..

Marcello
17 Jan 08, 07:56
That would be nice man!

addo
17 Jan 08, 10:20
Ibra in training backheels in basketballhoops.

rockball
17 Jan 08, 11:27
Thats a nice one!

Adam
18 Jan 08, 17:46
http://www.uefa.com/fanzone/teamoftheyear/news/newsid=647292.html

Zlatan included in UEFA team of the year. Finally a little respect from the football community.

Marcello, shit I forgot to do that but I think the speech was up on Inter.it.;)

cloudq
20 Jan 08, 08:53
gazzetta measures that shot at 114 km/h?

almost as stupid as measuring materazzi height of connection (and comparing to elephants and buses) with that goal he scored against france

VLE
20 Jan 08, 09:04
Ibra in training backheels in basketballhoops.

Thats just crazy

addo
23 Jan 08, 11:05
"Don't talk back to me!" :D

kylan05
23 Jan 08, 16:19

Ha..that's some nice shot. Look @ Zlatan's expression :lol:

tonyloo
23 Jan 08, 22:22
Morrone. Moron in Italian? Nice name!

Adam
24 Jan 08, 02:33
After having rewatched the Parma match I noticed that in the situation before he gave Rossi a small push in the back, or an elbow if you prefer, he was actually fouled by the very same. He was also somehow provoced by Dessena, because you see him chasing after Ibra after he scored the penalty.

Too bad they didn't show neither the foul or provocation. Anyway, first time in a long while I have seen him respond with payback. So he's come a long way since his Ajax days where he used to get into trouble regularly. I just pray he doesn't do it in CL. Because even a yellow card could be disastrous for us because Ibra in general plays worse after being booked. He looks worried about picking up another so he doesn't dominate with his strength nearly as much.

Anyways, 18 goals & 6 assists in 19 starts.:eek: Together with Cruz's 12 goals & 5 assists in 13 starts makes them the most effective forward duo in Europe, by far.:star:

nutcracker
14 Feb 08, 13:43
Both Milanese clubs face difficult ties as the competition resumes next week, with Inter playing Liverpool, and Milan locking horns with Premiership leaders Arsenal.

"It would be beautiful ho have a final like this,” Ibrahimovic told Calcio 2000.

“It would be a great game, an honour for the city and for the whole of Italian football. It would be a dream.

"I am a footballer, not a visionary but the most important thing is that Inter win. Then, as far as I am concerned, to score would be great since all children dream of scoring a goal in the Champions League final.”

Ibrahimovic then spoke about the Swedish national team and he was asked who he would select, if he could choose one player from the Azzurri.

”It is difficult to say. If I had to choose only one, perhaps Pirlo. We do not have a player like him in midfield and he is very strong. He can be the decisive man for Italy," said the striker.

Finally the 26-year-old was asked if he would like to play with Ronaldinho, who has been strongly linked with a move to Inter in the summer.

“He has imagination like me, I am confident that together we would make a great pair,” he concluded.

Good to see his self-confidence. Hope hes gone show next thursday what he prepared for the match.

Luka
14 Feb 08, 14:29
It's tuesday nutcracker.

Anyway he won't show anything if we'll keep playing like we do lately. I hope he will, but the team as a whole, must change the way it plays so he can be more with the ball, and actually have time to show the stuff he's capable of.

Suneet
14 Feb 08, 14:38
:lol: Next Thursday would be too late to perform.

I hope he lives up to his word, we need a masterclass performance.

nutcracker
14 Feb 08, 15:05
Our serie a performance in serie a, I belive, is an effect of preparing to match with Liverpool. They all keep repeating that it's still alot of time till match with liverpool. But in fact, its not true. There is less than one week till match. Even 2 weeks is not much. Just look, in our last serei a matches we had like NO tactics at all. Everything they do on trainings is dedicated for match against Liverpool.
Through this season, Mancin earned alot of trust in me with his strategy. He has shown HUGE improvment in this part of football. His rotation of our players in game (like Suazo in last match or Vieira in match against parma) were brilliant.

Atleast, thats in what I belive.

A.l.i
15 Feb 08, 05:52
Thats what we all believe in nutcracker

lonewolf19
15 Feb 08, 06:55
Hope his next game (preferable against Pool) to be a cracker. He needs to find his excellent form back (not saying he is on a bad form).

cloudq
15 Feb 08, 08:59
man, all we need is a couple of debatable penalties

ibra will get back to form no problem!

mikepugs
15 Feb 08, 16:52

Man, Ibra was pissed!

Jonnie_Venom89
17 Feb 08, 08:32
Zlatan looks fired up and ready for Liverpool! Let's hope he will have a great match. BTW....when is he planning to take a haircut:D?:)

A.l.i
18 Feb 08, 11:45
He's fine already !!!!

camdenyards1
19 Feb 08, 00:55
No haircuts for him. He plays like shit with short hair!

lonewolf19
19 Feb 08, 02:23
Forza Ibra!!
Hope he will put in a convicing performance.
We need him at top of his game

rockball
20 Feb 08, 11:36
Ibra blaming Matrix for the defeat.

When asked what went wrong in the game, he replied "Why don't you ask Materazzi"

I am not sure how much to trust these sites..but this could well be true. The kind of mentality he has, Ibra would have already had enough of such pathetic games.

To be fair, he had absolutely no support yesterday.

Adam
20 Feb 08, 13:00
That's from "Giornale", a pro Milan media so I doubt it. But if he did say it, although inappropiate and unfair towards Materazzi, I wouldn't blame him for being dissapointed and pissed off.

One has to consider Ibra will get most of the negative press today when he didn't really have a chance to put his mark on the game.

Azzkikr
20 Feb 08, 15:16
We should cash in on ibra in the summer. I have a feeling he is going to get pissed about going nowhere in europe, so we might as well cash in now, instead of waiting for him to cause problems and lose value like we did with Adriano.

Its absolutely ridiculous that we are wasting such a good player because we have such a pathetic midfield who doesnt have the ability to take part in any fast offensive combination play what so ever.

Ibra is best when he has player around working with him, not just long balls to him like we do way to much. Mancini/new coach needs to put the retarded diamond midfield with 3 DM's behind him and get fast techincal player that has some good fast short passing, so he can get the proper support.

Adam
20 Feb 08, 18:04
Well I would rather not sell him, because he is irreplaceable for this team. You can't find a player in World football with his mix of qualities. That's not saying we couldn't buy a better player just not someone so complete.

I would rather just buy a great AM to put behind him. Then we would have a team that could challenge for the CL with a much bigger shot of actually winning it.

kova9
20 Feb 08, 18:20
what a hell are you discussing here?! Selling him!!?! this is completely out of this world.. please..

VLE
20 Feb 08, 18:32
I think Mancini has to give Ibra more definate roll. A second striker that can play target is a huge gift, but making him a central striker is wrong imo. Ibra seems to be more concentrating on scoring these days than fluiding the game.

I understand he has magic and giving freedom can maximize his talent, but there is difference between givign him freedom to move, and letting him play any role he seems fit during the game. Ibra seems to be confused on what he needs to concentrate on, and so does players who used to link up with Ibra, such as Maicon.

It did happen before with Adri. Mancini let Adriano move more freely than any other players, and at that time I thought it was OK, since Adri in the past could score from anyware. However, its different with Ibra. Though he did improve his scoring ability vastly, he is not a world-class scorer yet, and I think Mancini should let him stay in his true position.

nutcracker
20 Feb 08, 18:52
We should cash in on ibra in the summer. I have a feeling he is going to get pissed about going nowhere in europe, so we might as well cash in now, instead of waiting for him to cause problems and lose value like we did with Adriano.

Its absolutely ridiculous that we are wasting such a good player because we have such a pathetic midfield who doesnt have the ability to take part in any fast offensive combination play what so ever.

Ibra is best when he has player around working with him, not just long balls to him like we do way to much. Mancini/new coach needs to put the retarded diamond midfield with 3 DM's behind him and get fast techincal player that has some good fast short passing, so he can get the proper support.

don't even talk with this guy who after lost 1 match is firing coach. Grow up.

Marcello
21 Feb 08, 03:29
HAHAHHAHAHAAHAHHA ur a joke man

Adam
21 Feb 08, 11:25
Ibra & Matrix Not Speaking – Report
Inter Milan pair Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Marco Materazzi are no longer on speaking terms, according to the Gazzetta dello Sport.
»Comments (3) Print This Story Send To A Friend Contact Us
galleria zoom Materazzi was sent off after just half-an-hour of Inter’s Champions League last 16 first leg tie at Liverpool on Tuesday night, a game that would finish 2-0 to the English-outfit.

After the game Ibrahimovic appeared to blame the Italian defender for the defeat when a journalist shouted at him, “What happened?”, to which the Swede angrily replied, “Why don’t you go and ask Materazzi what happened?”

Ibrahimovic has tried to insist that he hasn’t fallen out with his team-mate and that he wasn’t blaming Materazzi.

"My sentence about Materazzi was one only based on fact - that the incident [his dismissal] had influenced all concerned,” the striker stated.

"So, then it was right to ask him whether his sending off was the right decision or not."

Nevertheless despite these comments, the Gazzetta says that the pair have certainly fallen out.

Both players were at a media function in London yesterday and refused to speak to each other. This caused tension among the rest of the Inter squad, and was a cause for embarrassment for everyone present.

Luca Capofranco

Not good at all. And this time it's from Gazzetta so it's more credible. If this is true it could be disastrous for our season in serie A. We can't have two of the most influential people on the team being mad at each other.

Stefan
21 Feb 08, 11:29
Sheringham and A.Cole and man utd never spoke to each other.

It doesn't really matter if they are mad at each other as long as they still perform.

Shafs
21 Feb 08, 11:39
They're just going through a phase, I'm sure they'll calm down soon.

M.Adnan
21 Feb 08, 11:42
They said that Vieira and Materazzi don't speak to each other. If you carefully watched Juventus - Inter in Coppa Italia, you'll know it was all BS.

Adam
21 Feb 08, 11:45
Sheringham and A.Cole and man utd never spoke to each other.

It doesn't really matter if they are mad at each other as long as they still perform.

Yeah, but they(I8 M23) used to socialize outside of training, meaning they were friends. I believe shit like that is different to two people who work together but don't like each other, especially when they are both leaders in their own way.

Anyways here's another goal.com article

Ibra: Inter Are Better Than Liverpool
Zlatan Ibrahimovic has declared that Inter are better than Liverpool despite the English-side’s victory on Tuesday night.
»Comments Print This Story Send To A Friend Contact Us
galleria zoom The Nerazzurri face a huge task if they are to qualify for the next round of the Champions League following their 2-0 loss at Anfield in their last 16 first leg tie.

"I believe that Inter did well for 85 minutes,” Ibrahimovic told the Gazzetta dello Sport..

“Then Cordoba got hurt, and this was a serious blow because Ivan had done well until then. But not only him, we all fought, all ten gave the maximum.

“Then in the last five minutes we conceded two goals and it was like a knife through the heart after all the work he had done up until that point.”

Ibrahimovic was then asked if Inter should play with three strikers for the return leg at San Siro. "This is a decision that Mancini has to make,” he said.

“We must score at least two goals. There are two things we have to execute. The first is to attack because our game is made to attack, not to defend. ”The second is to play eleven against eleven because on Tuesday evening that was not the case.

“Then you will see who is stronger between Inter and Liverpool. And I still believe that we are stronger.”

Ibrahimovic was one of Inter’s most disappointing players on the night at Anfield and will be hoping for a much improved display at San Siro in three weeks time.

Luca Capofranco

UhUhOleguer
21 Feb 08, 11:51
sell Ibra and get whom?? Seriously..

Forza ragazzi
21 Feb 08, 12:09
Even if they don't speak, it doesn't matter as long as they give their all for Inter. Anyway, Ibra is a sucky loser and this match didn't please him obviously. They'll be buds in short time. Just let the disappointment fade a bit.

CafeCordoba
21 Feb 08, 12:31
I wouldn't blame Ibrahimovic for what happened on Tuesday. There was all the time 2-3 players concentrating on him. And when there's no support from midfield, one can't ask Ibra to perform in that situation.

ronaldinhiano
21 Feb 08, 13:21
I told you guys that Ibra was a troublemaker....I honestly don't know why Ancelotti and Galliani are crying over not getting him :wallbang: . He has great skills and is quite intelligent but personality wise he is poor. He is also slow.

Next to him, Materazzi is an angel :eek: His personality is horrible.....He is even more dirty than Materazzi and if I'm not mistaken he has a beef with Chivu.....aaah well as long as he continues to disrupt your dressing room I hope you guys renew his contract for the next 20 years :dielaugh:

It's sad to see real gentlemen like Zanetti, Crespo, Cruz, hell even Cambiasso and Figo having to put up with his primadonna ass :rolleyes:

A.l.i
21 Feb 08, 13:32
I told you guys that Ibra was a troublemaker....I honestly don't know why Ancelotti and Galliani are crying over not getting him :wallbang: . He has great skills and is quite intelligent but personality wise he is poor. He is also slow.

Next to him, Materazzi is an angel :eek: His personality is horrible.....He is even more dirty than Materazzi and if I'm not mistaken he has a beef with Chivu.....aaah well as long as he continues to disrupt your dressing room I hope you guys renew his contract for the next 20 years :dielaugh:

It's sad to see real gentlemen like Zanetti, Crespo, Cruz, hell even Cambiasso and Figo having to put up with his primadonna ass :rolleyes:

You make me laugh lol

As for our defeat, no figo means no creativity means no goals in "away" games. The only way we can win this is through Figo and he'll be a treat to watch on the 11th of March ;)

kova9
21 Feb 08, 13:50
Ibra and Matrix will talk soon, very soon.. As soon as we knock out Liverpool!! :interscarf:

ronaldinhiano
21 Feb 08, 13:59
You make me laugh lol

As for our defeat, no figo means no creativity means no goals in "away" games. The only way we can win this is through Figo and he'll be a treat to watch on the 11th of March ;)
For sure Figo has always been a classy person and player....it's a pity that he has to deal with the likes of Ibra all the time :yawn:

tonyloo
21 Feb 08, 15:37
Everything is Ibras fault! He should've scored on his own..

Blame Mancini for building everything around him instead, he seems to think that 4 defenders and 3 defensive midfielders is the way to go. Against Liverpool he even stopped Maicon and Maxwell from going forward, who is Ibra going to pass? Zanetti and Cambiasso were seen 2 or 3 times on Liverpools half, Stankovic were nowhere to be seen, Maicon and Maxwell were defending.

The balls Ibra had to work with this game were ridiculous, long balls from the backline and no support from the midfield.

Collovati-
"They needed to be more courageous. The only thing Inter did was to launch long balls to Ibra or Cruz in the hope that they could invent something."

Azzkikr
21 Feb 08, 16:27
The first is to attack because our game is made to attack, not to defend.

:howler:

Right, a team with 3 dm's and a poor cm in basicly every game is made to attack...

Its good that he apparently doesnt know any better, or else he would likely request to transfer to a club who has midfielders who he can combine with in attack and who actually has the technique and ability to do so.

Luka
21 Feb 08, 16:47
Blame Mancini for building everything around him instead, he seems to think that 4 defenders and 3 defensive midfielders is the way to go. Against Liverpool he even stopped Maicon and Maxwell from going forward, who is Ibra going to pass? Zanetti and Cambiasso were seen 2 or 3 times on Liverpools half, Stankovic were nowhere to be seen, Maicon and Maxwell were defending.

The balls Ibra had to work with this game were ridiculous, long balls from the backline and no support from the midfield.

Absolutely great post.

And yet, there are still people, who thinks Ibra did nothing against Liverpool. They don't realise, that with the way we played even if we fielded Kaka and Messi next to him, they would do nothing, as there was nobody who could cover them from behind, and exchange passes with.

J zanetti
21 Feb 08, 21:05
Ibra’s winning mentality, his attitude and cockiness are all vital to our success. I can’t comprehend how people can blame the Pool result on a single individual - let alone Ibra in this case. :rolleyes: Ibra could not have done any more than what he did in the game.
I don’t even think he touched the ball more than 7-8 times. There was no service or support what so ever. When you are 1 man down and have to reshuffle your CD pair as one gets the red card and the other (possibly man of the game Cordoba) gets injured then there isn’t much you can do.
Ibra should and hopefully will remain with us for another 3-4 years.

Alex de Large
21 Feb 08, 23:53
normally when a team lose, people use to blame they're best player, in the defeat vs villarreal people blame adriano, i don't blame ibra now and adriano then, cause i know it's too difficult to create chances if you don't have the chances.
cristiano ronaldo or messi should be blamed when they're team lose anyway, people make them look like gods or something and they are not that good, very good but not that, both of them and zlatan are probably overrated, i see them too inconsistent, same with kaka.

Hammoudi
22 Feb 08, 00:06
You can say that Materazzi is responsible for our loss and I am glad someone is trying to build a sense of accountability in this team because neither our coach nor captain seems to be confrontational.

The first card might have been ridiculous but knowing that, you can't go and commit a clear shirt-tug that would surely earn you another card. I thought that separated professionals from amatuers, but our players take it easy because they don't have to answer to anyone.

rockball
22 Feb 08, 05:58
For accountability, it would have been better if we had lost in Serie A few weeks back when Vieira was sent off and someone had a real go at him.

kylan05
23 Feb 08, 17:04
http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=28717&L=en&IDINI=28720

That explains why Ibra hasn't looked so fresh in the past few matches, even before Livo & Live.

He needs to get the knee tendon taken care of completely before he starts playing again. This is one of the guys that we should not push to play when they have little problem & wait till it becomes major & they really have to stay away for a while.

Luka
24 Feb 08, 00:18
After Crespo saying that Mancini was lying about him not being fit, I'm not so fast to believe in this.

Our whole team is playing bad, using freeking long balls. I'm really, really pissed, that many people, journalist, are attacking Ibra, while if you watch just 2 games from the begining of the season say, Sampdoria, and Livorno, and last games like Catania, Parma it would be clear enough, that it's not Ibra's fault, as our whole team is playing at most 50% of what they are capable of.

Ibra in Barcelona, Arsenal or any other team who is basing it's way of play on exchanging passes and a lot of movement would shine.

kylan05
24 Feb 08, 02:14
But it's the fact that Ibra had not looked fresh in the past few weeks.

I sure hope so it's not true that Ibra's knee has problem. We can't afford anymore injuries than we already have.

Adam
25 Feb 08, 18:30
I think it's quite clear he's been injured or fatigued for some time now. He's played with bandages over his knee in training and hasn't been a part of any training matches for the last week.

Not since Liverpool has he been part of regular training. I hope he won't miss the match against Roma.

kylan05
25 Feb 08, 19:18
...He's played with bandages over his knee in training...

Where did u see it, XL?

Adam
25 Feb 08, 19:49
Where did u see it, XL?

Well, maybe not bandages per se but it's some kind of band for support. I saw it on Inter.it a couple of days before Liverpool. The same pic was in a Swedish newspaper.

Adam
26 Feb 08, 12:38
Ibra's secret injury fears Tuesday 26 February, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter’s star striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has sensationally revealed that he has been battling with a very serious knee injury.

The Swedish hitman will miss tomorrow’s Scudetto showdown with Roma, but now there are fears that his involvement in a crucial period of the season could be limited.

Rather than a minor knee complaint, it seems that Zlatan has been playing with damage to the same tendon that Ronaldo severed.

“I have a hole in my tendon,” the former Ajax man explained. “It has been hurting for a long time and I don’t know when it will heal.

“I didn’t want to say anything because I have just been thinking about winning with this team, but now I realise that I am taking a big risk and so I am resting.”

The prolific former Juventus marksman concluded by denying that he had a spat with Marco Materazzi after the Beneamata’s defeat at Liverpool.

“I didn’t have it in for Materazzi at Anfield,” he claimed. “I didn’t see the fouls. Marco told me that they weren’t bookings and I believe him – it was the referee’s fault. In any case, we can overturn the deficit.”

M.Adnan
26 Feb 08, 12:57
Why our most important players are injuried everytime we have a crucial game in the Champion league, while Milan always have Kaka 100% fit in every Champions League game?

I can see that our 20 years Scudetto curse completely turned to the Champions League.

Anyone remembers when Vieri missed the first Euro derbies?

Anyway, if Zlatan couldn't heal in time, I still have full faith in Crespo and Cruz. They have always been there when needed them.

Suneet
26 Feb 08, 14:16
Yup, now only one player wont have the burden of scoring,creating and doing everything.

K.I.
26 Feb 08, 14:29
You could tell in the games that he isnt 100%...hope he gets better soon.

Forza ragazzi
26 Feb 08, 14:32
The only problem with Cruz-Crespo vs Liverpool is that none of these have the extreme abilities Ibra has to hold up the ball. To a great extent both these two are poachers, so they need a lot of support from midfield. Atm our midfield is going through a bit of a crisis. It doesn't only lack obvious creativity, but it also seems to choke in CL and hasn't looked too good lately with only Capitano and Cuchu playing to their standards.

I'm very doubtful over the pairing of Cruz and Crespo vs Liverpool. I'm afraid it will make us far too static in attack.

We need Ibra for the Liverpool match. His mere presence is important.

kylan05
26 Feb 08, 16:26
Agree with everything FR said.

If Ibra doesn't play till Mar 11, it will be 21 days rest. Exactly 3 week. Don't know how bad his knee is. Truly hoping that he can at least play this Pool game, then we can rest him again for a few more weeks. Till the end of the season if needed. We have enough striker to cover, I think. If anything, Primavera will lend us SuperMario. But we really do need Ibra for Pool.

:frustrat: bad injuries :(

minterke
26 Feb 08, 17:17
Ill say it again, use Suazo against Lpool, look what he did to ManU in the summer.

Luka
26 Feb 08, 17:25
We played using conter in that game.

And against Liverpool we are suppose to attack and keep possession. If that is the case, we have to go with Cruz.

K.I.
26 Feb 08, 17:32
Lol Suazo is a must for the liverpool match,crespo or cruz beside suazo doesnt really matter to be honest.

rockball
26 Feb 08, 17:33
Ill say it again, use Suazo against Lpool, look what he did to ManU in the summer.

Nothing against Suazo, but don't use a friendly ages back as a yardstick to measure who should start here.

Suneet
26 Feb 08, 17:49
Suazo only in the 2nd half if we score and need one more.

Ibra-Crespo/Cruz will be a great pairing only if Ibra is in top condition. I'd rather confuse Benitez with playing Jimenez and Figo in a 4-3-3. Add Suazo if needed. All-out attack with Max and Maicon on the wings.

Luka
26 Feb 08, 18:30
Lol Suazo is a must for the liverpool match,crespo or cruz beside suazo doesnt really matter to be honest.
So you expect Ibra not to play in that game ?

M.Adnan
26 Feb 08, 19:44
Are you worried about Zlatan Ibrahimovic's knee?
"I'm not worried. Zlatan has had a knee inflammation for a while, this stops him from training well. I think after a few days' rest he can start training again and maybe play at Napoli on Sunday."

-----------------------------------

It seems that he'll play after all.

lonewolf19
26 Feb 08, 23:47
I hope he regain his fitness ASAP.
We need him against Liverpool

Handoyo
27 Feb 08, 02:51
IMO, Mancini should keep Ibra from the pitch until the second (or first) half against Reggina, the final match before the 2nd leg. Not only do we need an un-injured Ibra for the 2nd leg, we need him match fit too. So it'd be wrong to completely rest him.

And I'd rather use a 50% fit Ibra rather than Crespo - Cruz. As sad, Crespo - Cruz will rely on the midfield too much and considering how offensively inept our midfield have been in the CL, that is certainly a scenario I'd like to avoid.

rockball
27 Feb 08, 08:06
We will surely play Suazo instead of Cruz-Crespo against Liverpool.

snake
28 Feb 08, 21:30
and now by Mancini losing his rag with the team's medical staff.

Mancini was furious to discover shortly before kick-off yesterday that Ibrahimovic would not be available for the Roma game, and could even miss the Liverpool game next Wednesday, after the medical team discovered a new problem with his knee tendon that they had previously missed. "As usual the diagnosis is different to what he has actually done," Mancini railed before kick-off. But it wasn't enough to disrupt Inter's inevitable march towards a third consecutive Serie A title. Whether they will be in any state to overturn a two-goal deficit against Liverpool in two weeks' time remains to be seen.

So his a massive chance to miss the CL game? great....even if he does make it, he wont be 100percent.

mexican_azzurri
28 Feb 08, 21:45
Eeee....The game is in two weeks.....no the next wednesday

lonewolf19
29 Feb 08, 00:05
A not fit Ibra is still better than playing other players. This is our last chance in CL.

Forza ragazzi
29 Feb 08, 07:56
There is still 10-11 days until the match. Let Ibra train easily these days and let him rest a lot. He'll grit his teeth for that match. Ibra is like that.

Handoyo
29 Feb 08, 09:10
Thank the Gods that our UEFA co-efficient is lower than Milan, really. (That's the reason why we're playing a week later, right?) We can really use the extra week to not only rest Ibra but also let Crespo gets back to last season's form.

Stefan
29 Feb 08, 09:14
Thank the Gods that our UEFA co-efficient is lower than Milan, really. (That's the reason why we're playing a week later, right?) We can really use the extra week to not only rest Ibra but also let Crespo gets back to last season's form.

We are playing a week later because BB refused our request to play on the 5th. We didn't want the cl game to clash with the 100 year celebrations. But like always they refused and cause of the uefa thing they had the final say.

ronaldinhiano
29 Feb 08, 13:39
Thank the Gods that our UEFA co-efficient is lower than Milan, really. :eek: (That's the reason why we're playing a week later, right?) We can really use the extra week to not only rest Ibra but also let Crespo gets back to last season's form.We're thankful that our Uefa coefficient is higher too...winning it so often could be a real drag :dielaugh::dielaugh:

kylan05
29 Feb 08, 15:42
We are playing a week later because BB refused our request to play on the 5th. We didn't want the cl game to clash with the 100 year celebrations. But like always they refused and cause of the uefa thing they had the final say.

Did they give any reason as to why they refuse? Not that they have to, but who knows, just curious.

Azzkikr
29 Feb 08, 19:03
Ibra should be given time to recover. play cruzcrespo for liverpool, our unimmaginative midfield only know how to make crosses anyways.

Seriously, Ibra has been a complete joke on the pitch since sometimes before christmas. I dont know if his injury already started back then, but he has been useless ever since the parma game.

minterke
29 Feb 08, 19:35
Ibra has been a complete joke on the pitch since sometimes before christmas.

Let's hope its this knee injury, because I agree 100%. Not the same player from the 1st half of this season.

Choppin Onions
29 Feb 08, 19:52
I also agree. Ibra hasn't looked up for it in awhile. Only can only hope it's the knee that's affecting him and not a lack of interest. Time to roll the dice on the other dudes.

Handoyo
02 Mar 08, 01:06
Are you guys dreaming or what? Have you forgotten how he rescued us against Parma & Siena? :confused:

M.Adnan
02 Mar 08, 05:34
Are you guys dreaming or what? Have you forgotten how he rescued us against Parma & Siena? :confused:

I think they meant his form after these two games. I would definitely blame the team, not Zlatan. He can't do everything alone.

cloudq
03 Mar 08, 09:43
i think what people are seeing is that he is getting isolated in attack of late

he can neither hold onto the ball long enough nor has the support to help him attack

what this inter looks like is fatigued

Ziyad
03 Mar 08, 10:40
^^Sort of what Adri went through leading to the Villareal game.

Suneet
03 Mar 08, 14:19
what this inter looks like is fatigued

Word.:stuckup:

Where have you been these days, cloudy?

addo
06 Mar 08, 09:22
Ibra's second son was delievered this morning at Lunds University hospital in Sweden.

His name will be Vincent.

A.l.i
06 Mar 08, 13:12
"The eye of the tiger"

rockball
06 Mar 08, 13:38
Guess its time for a goal dedication against Pool ;)

This kid will be the son of Inter...

lonewolf19
06 Mar 08, 13:42
Yea, we are kinda in a dip of form at the moment. Hope Ibra will save us from it again

mikepugs
07 Mar 08, 01:46
Ibrahimovic #2

2028 - Vincent Ibrahimovic, #9, scores 15 goals in Serie A for Inter. J. Zanetti II has 5 assists on Ibra II's 15 goals.

Congratulations Zlatan!

lonewolf19
07 Mar 08, 03:48
Ibrahimovic #2

2028 - Vincent Ibrahimovic, #9, scores 15 goals in Serie A for Inter. J. Zanetti II has 5 assists on Ibra II's 15 goals.

Congratulations Zlatan!

Glad that you are looking forward
:rules:

rockball
07 Mar 08, 11:40
Correction!

Ibrahimovic #2

2028 - Vincent Ibrahimovic, #9, scores 15 goals in Serie A for Inter. Javier "Il Capitano" Zanetti has 5 assists on Ibra II's 15 goals.

Congratulations Zlatan!

minterke
08 Mar 08, 19:15
How many penalties did this guy score this season 10?!

Adam
08 Mar 08, 19:28
Nine,(serie A & CL) five of which he earned by himself if I remember correctly.

What's fascinating is that he hasn't missed a single one yet.

rockball
08 Mar 08, 19:45
don't jinx it!

minterke
09 Mar 08, 17:51
Still, there's no way Ibra deserves to win FIFA World Player of The Year when half his goals are non existant penalties because Serie A refs are morons.

I agree he's calm and collected when taking PKs.

Adam
09 Mar 08, 18:20
Winning those awards are not just about goals. It's about what you do for your team. And apart from the occasional good match here and there, without him Inter is clearly not the same team. For one thing, We played better football with him when we were one man down in all those matches after Parma, than we did 11 vs 11 when he was out injured, and the results confirm that.

But he won't win it unless Inter win the CL and he performs, and that's looking unlikely. It will probably go to C.Ronaldo if Manchester go far and in that case it will be well earned IMO. But saying Ibra shouldn't have it because he scores many penalties or not enough goals, I don't agree with. I think he's been consistently one of the best players in the World and without a doubt the best in Serie A this season.

kylan05
10 Mar 08, 01:12
Winning those awards are not just about goals. It's about what you do for your team. And apart from the occasional good match here and there, without him Inter is clearly not the same team. For one thing, We played better football with him when we were one man down in all those matches after Parma, than we did 11 vs 11 when he was out injured, and the results confirm that.

But he won't win it unless Inter win the CL and he performs, and that's looking unlikely. It will probably go to C.Ronaldo if Manchester go far and in that case it will be well earned IMO. But saying Ibra shouldn't have it because he scores many penalties or not enough goals, I don't agree with. I think he's been consistently one of the best players in the World and without a doubt the best in Serie A this season.

Well said, XL. :thumbsup:

Vs Reggina, 1st half, although it should be 4-3-1-2 w/ Jimi as 1, most of the time I saw Ibra played as if 4-3-2-1, either w/ Jimi or Stan.

He's good at assist, run & fought for the ball, awesome finisher, & not selfish at all. Even those words aren't enough to describe what Ibra is doing when he plays. & don't forget, he's playing despite the knee situation too. & still managed to do what he did.

Alessandro
10 Mar 08, 01:51
Ibra is our key... I have alot of faith in him, Not just for the team but he has to do it for himself... Step up IBRA, The world is yours to take!

lonewolf19
10 Mar 08, 07:28
Yup, agree with XL. He wont win any awards unless we go far in the CL and he shines in our game. They dont care about league game as much as CL.

minterke
10 Mar 08, 11:13
Well this game vs. Liverpool is arguably his biggest game since joining us, I believe in him....c'mon Ibra one early goal is all we need...

shahz_nerazzurri
10 Mar 08, 14:58
Ibrahimovic's goal scoring hasnt been great this season, he wont even win the SERIEA player of the season let alone the Ballon D'Or.
I know he creates a lot for the team, but blaah he needs to score more from open play. 8 Penalties in SERIEA this seaoson!!!

We are extending his contract up to 8mill pounds/year. Probably making him the highest paid player in the world along with Kaka.

We need to see more of Ibra that we saw in the frist 2-3 months of this season. Lets hope he delivers tommorow on the pitch.

Ilkinio
10 Mar 08, 15:02
Let's not forget that he is playing through pain..

Suneet
10 Mar 08, 15:40
All that pain doesnt count.

I think if we dont make it to the next round, the most dissapointed player will be Ibra. Its not that he isnt good enough to play in Europe, its just that he needs a good start to the game, not necessarily a goal, just a few nice flicks etc.. If he can do that then Wankerpool's defenders will pee in their pants every time he has the ball.

addo
10 Mar 08, 16:51
He needs service...He cant be both the only creative player and no1 goalscorer.. Well.. HE actually can, but he shouldnt have to...

I wish we had a real creative midfielder...

Alex de Large
10 Mar 08, 17:40
He can't do anything in big games, only vs milan cause milan sucks, remember when rubentus was defeated by arsenal and liverpool, ibrahimovic was invisible, i don't expect anything from him tomorrow, but i hope he close my mouth.

Handoyo
10 Mar 08, 18:28
Well the good thing is, despite his documented CL goal drought, he has scored 5 times in our last 3 CL home matches; 2 vs PSV, 2 vs CSKA and 1 vs Fenerbahce. Let's hope that streak continues, we really do need it.

minterke
10 Mar 08, 18:34
Yeah, PSV, CSKA and Fenerbahce...those aren't big games.

Like Alex was saying, Ibra has yet to prove himself in big games for us. Against Valencia last year he was poor (but so was our whole team), against Juventus this year which was IMO the biggest Serie A game he was poor and against Liverpool, well it's not his fault but he could've done a little more.

If there is a player that can change this around for us it's Ibra Il Genio but if he fails to deliver once again then he's a true big game choker like Henry.

Handoyo
10 Mar 08, 19:37
The thing is, nobody delivers at big matches 100%. Name me one player who can do that, Mike.

Shevchenko, known for his clutch performances, failed miserably at the 04/05 CL final.

Drogba failed to get Chelsea the victory over Spurs in the Carling Cup final.

Ronaldinho has been terrible over the past 2 years.

Messi didn't help Barca win against Real Madrid.

Gerrard can't stop Liverpool from getting knocked out by Barnsley.

And the list goes on and on. If we can't win against Liverpool, it's not just Ibra's fault; the whole team should be blamed. Ibra already got us out of jail numerous times this season and I think it's a bit ungrateful if we blame him this time should we get knocked out from CL this season.

rockball
10 Mar 08, 19:45
The thing about big games is you need someone to step up. And its mostly a player who isn't expected to be the real threat.
Remember Larsson in Barca-Arsenal final.
Since someone like Ibra will be heavily marked, we will win if someone else has a moment of genius. I expect Deki and Jimenez to do the job for us.

minterke
10 Mar 08, 19:45
Shevchenko was always known for destroying us, and Juventus as well. He was always good in big games except a few that you mentioned.

Drogba failed to get Chelsea the victory over Spurs in the Carling Cup final.Carling Cup? C'mon dude how many decisive goals has Drogba scored for Chelsea, and anyways people on this forum rank Ibra with the likes of Cronaldo, Ronaldinho, Messi, Aguero etc so let's keep the discussion on that class of players...I don't consider Drogba to be in the same class.

Messi? C'mon that's one game, besides that I'm pretty sure most Barca fans would agree that he's ALWAYS great in the big games...take a look at their CL victory over Celtic before he got injured.

Gerrard can't stop Liverpool from getting knocked out by Barnsley.Again, not a big game. Gerrard won the Champions League single handedly, something Ibra has not even come close to yet. And I can't believe you even mentioned Gerrard after he scored against us in the 1st leg.

Ibra's big game accomplishments: Double over a mediocre AC Milan last year, scoring that freak goal vs. Italy in the Euro Cup 2004.

rockball
10 Mar 08, 19:46
And Han, a match against Barnsley can hardly be called a big game. It will be for Barnsley but Liverpool won't go into that game feeling its too big.

Alex de Large
10 Mar 08, 20:07
It's a shame that this mercenary will get more money than a legend like Zanetti, a real shame.
8 millions year!? wtf!? in 2 years he will cry because he wants more money, mercenarys like this are like dogs.

tonyloo
10 Mar 08, 20:15
It's a shame that this mercenary will get more money than a legend like Zanetti, a real shame.
8 millions year!? wtf!? in 2 years he will cry because he wants more money, mercenarys like this are like dogs.

piss off.

Stefan
10 Mar 08, 20:33

If Zanetti wanted more money he would get more money. Ibra's performances for us over these last 2 season warrants a rise and if Moratti feels he deserves as much then he does. He has been decisive for us.

And Mike you C.Ronaldo tell me again what he did in the cl knockout stages these last 2 seasons?

Forza ragazzi
10 Mar 08, 20:57
Come on, Ibra, we need you tomorrow night!

Alex de Large
10 Mar 08, 21:54
You really think that a gentelman like Zanetti would ask more money than 2'5? it's the club who should give him more, IMO he should be around the 4 or 4'5, while vieira don't deserves more than 1 and ibrahimovic max. 5.

snake
10 Mar 08, 22:39
Come on, Ibra, we need you tomorrow night!

And I need you now tonight
And I need you more than ever
And if you'll only hold me tight
We'll be holding on forever
And we'll only be making it right
Cause we'll never be wrong together
We can take it to the end of the line
Your love is like a shadow on me all of the time
I don't know what to do and I'm always in the dark
We're living in a powder keg and giving off sparks
I really need you tonight
Forever's gonna start tonight
Forever's gonna start tonight

Once upon a time I was falling in love
But now I'm only falling apart
There's nothing I can do
A total eclipse of the heart...........

Adam
10 Mar 08, 23:27
The thing is, nobody delivers at big matches 100%. Name me one player who can do that, Mike.

Shevchenko, known for his clutch performances, failed miserably at the 04/05 CL final.

Drogba failed to get Chelsea the victory over Spurs in the Carling Cup final.

Ronaldinho has been terrible over the past 2 years.

Messi didn't help Barca win against Real Madrid.

Gerrard can't stop Liverpool from getting knocked out by Barnsley.

And the list goes on and on. If we can't win against Liverpool, it's not just Ibra's fault; the whole team should be blamed. Ibra already got us out of jail numerous times this season and I think it's a bit ungrateful if we blame him this time should we get knocked out from CL this season.

Class post, Han.:star: And might I add those examples you give are just one out of hundreds. Every year the biggest clubs crash out of the CL and many of the World class players have poor matches.

But I can agree that Ibra is not as good in CL as he is in Serie A, or some of the big matches, but at the same time that goes for ALL top players. Maybe Ibra just hasn't dominated on the big stage enough or had that big memorable performance, so people tend to focus on the negative matches. But I've seen clear improvement from him this season in that regard as well so if he get's some support I know he will perform against Pool.

And Mike, only Milan and Italy?:howler: Sorry, but that's a joke.

Alessandro
10 Mar 08, 23:33
Yeah well i'm sure Zanetti has other percs that the rest of the squad wouldn't recieve... He's already inter legend.

shahz_nerazzurri
10 Mar 08, 23:44
You have to be kidding me Han, half the matches you mentioned can't even be close to be calling a big match.
Also players like C.Ronaldo or Torres may fail in a big game, but they dont regularly fail in big games. Ibrahimovic has done NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING against bigger teams in Europe. He didnt do anything for Jube against Liverpool or Arsenal, he didnt do anything last year against Valencia or against Munich, and is once against proving the same thing. Even in the league this year, he failed against both Milan and Jube, Chellini kept him completely in his pocket.

I was arguing with my Liverpool friend on why Ibra is much better than Torres, but was left red faced after the game. Their was just such a big difference in quality between him and Torres, on that day, even if our midfield share some of the blame.

I think we overrate him too much. In all honesty he is a very special player, but way off from the likes of Messi, C.Ronaldo, Eto, Torres etc.
And he doesnt deserve one bit of 8mill pounds that he is gonna earn. His 5mill should have been more than enough.

I really miss Adriano of 2-3 years ago, I really do. The game he played against Valencia at Mestalla, Ibra can never do that. If we had an on-form Adriano playing for us tommorow, I would have rated our chances much more than with Ibra playing.

Ibra pls go and prove me wrong tommorow.

lonewolf19
11 Mar 08, 00:49
Yes, please Ibra show us your strength tomow and take us through.

minterke
11 Mar 08, 00:55
And Mike, only Milan and Italy?:howler: Sorry, but that's a joke.

Han's examples were jokes dude. Gerrard, Shevchenko and Messi?

Only Milan and Italy yup. That's unless you consider Inter-Roma a 'big game'.

josipva
11 Mar 08, 01:21
You have to be kidding me Han, half the matches you mentioned can't even be close to be calling a big match.
Also players like C.Ronaldo or Torres may fail in a big game, but they dont regularly fail in big games. Ibrahimovic has done NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING against bigger teams in Europe. He didnt do anything for Jube against Liverpool or Arsenal, he didnt do anything last year against Valencia or against Munich, and is once against proving the same thing. Even in the league this year, he failed against both Milan and Jube, Chellini kept him completely in his pocket.

I was arguing with my Liverpool friend on why Ibra is much better than Torres, but was left red faced after the game. Their was just such a big difference in quality between him and Torres, on that day, even if our midfield share some of the blame.

I think we overrate him too much. In all honesty he is a very special player, but way off from the likes of Messi, C.Ronaldo, Eto, Torres etc.
And he doesnt deserve one bit of 8mill pounds that he is gonna earn. His 5mill should have been more than enough.

Ibra pls go and prove me wrong tommorow.

I think you got few stuff wrong there, first of all there wasnt any reason for you to be red faced in front of your friends after last game, ibra constantly faced 2-3 or more defenders alone throughout the game, a situation in which no player would do anything, while torres dived twice, had a shoot which came from deflected vieira pass and was invisible for rest of game while his team was pressuring us a situation where a such a player like torres who has so much more quality than our ibra should have made some way through our defense and make impact, therefore only thing you should be ashamed is lack of your beleif in our team and to think that torres is better than ibra is a bit too much, i agree that younger version of ibra used to fail in bigger matches but i can also see his improvement in last 2 years

Handoyo
11 Mar 08, 01:57
Shevchenko was always known for destroying us, and Juventus as well. He was always good in big games except a few that you mentioned.
True, but there are moments where he choked too, you surely don't need me to list them all? From the back of my head: 04/05, big match in San Siro, Milan & Juve level on point with a few matches left, where the fark was he? Against Barcelona in 05/06, where was he? I know he is a big game player, but my argument is that nobody is always perfect.

Carling Cup? C'mon dude how many decisive goals has Drogba scored for Chelsea, and anyways people on this forum rank Ibra with the likes of Cronaldo, Ronaldinho, Messi, Aguero etc so let's keep the discussion on that class of players...I don't consider Drogba to be in the same class.
C.Ronaldo, you said? Where was he against Milan last season? Where was he against Chelsea in the FA Cup final?

Again, not a big game. Gerrard won the Champions League single handedly, something Ibra has not even come close to yet. And I can't believe you even mentioned Gerrard after he scored against us in the 1st leg.
And look how he has led Liverpool in the Premier League. :lol: He simply disappears in most big important EPL matches against Man Utd, Chelsea & Arsenal.

Ibra's big game accomplishments: Double over a mediocre AC Milan last year, scoring that freak goal vs. Italy in the Euro Cup 2004.
I'd rather get a player who consistently delivers in matches but sometimes choke in big matches than a player who consistently chokes in matches like Gerrard but sometimes perform well in the big stage.

I agree with you to a certain extent. I personally find it a big joke that clubs nowadays renew their players contract yearly, each time for 4-5 additional years. I mean, wtf? What's the point of having a contract then? To be honest, you can't solely blame Ibra on this, because he's not the only one. This practice seems common, since Kaka, Fabregas and C.Ronaldo have also done such things in the past year or so.

And Alex, if Il Capitano wanted 100 million Euros per season, he'd get it.

Adam
11 Mar 08, 02:27
Han's examples were jokes dude. Gerrard, Shevchenko and Messi?

The point he's making is all players have their poor big game matches. Messi has been poor against Madrid, Valencia and in the derby numerous times. And in CL he's done much less than Ibra.

Why is Celtic-Barcelona a big match and Inter-Psv isn't btw? Seems to me there is more pressure on the players, when they have lost the first match of the group and face the second best club, than when playing against a team that's lucky to be in the eights.

Only Milan and Italy yup. That's unless you consider Inter-Roma a 'big game'.

Well, when it's a battle between the two dominant teams in the league then how can it not be a big match? Anyways, what is an accomplishment? A Goal? So a good game counts for nothing in other words?

Ibra has scored against Milan, Roma and also against Inter in Serie A. There's Juve left, and he's only played one match against them.

In CL he's scored against Bayern, Lyon, Valencia. And that's leaving out all the derbies in Sweden and Holland, not to mention all the big matches he hasn't scored in but played great like Juve-Madrid, Sweden-Denmark, Bayern-Juve etc.

Alex de Large
11 Mar 08, 03:36
hey it's really disgusting to see torres name there, hes not even the best spanish striker, call me when he scores against a good team and not derby country or wigan.

Alessandro
11 Mar 08, 06:03
hey it's really disgusting to see torres name there, hes not even the best spanish striker, call me when he scores against a good team and not derby country or wigan.

Man if you followed his career in spain he has scored many times against Real Madrid and Barcelona... He's spain's starting striker... Probably there best since Raul in his prime... and we should respct that.

Pravesh
11 Mar 08, 08:30

I have to agree with Shahz as well. Zlatan's a gifted player but I haven't seen him perform at his best when it comes to facing big opponents. Yeah, he did well against Milan, in the match when he scored a goal as well ??

He's got all the skills and abilities but hasn't been able to do it in the very big stages. But I also think that, it's due to the fact that the whole team has to be blamed as well (Valencia, Liverpool, ..).

Alex de Large
11 Mar 08, 12:40
Man if you followed his career in spain he has scored many times against Real Madrid and Barcelona... He's spain's starting striker... Probably there best since Raul in his prime... and we should respct that.
yes i have, 1 goal against real madrid in 5 years.

A.l.i
11 Mar 08, 14:22
He didn't do a thing against us except for those 2 dives and that chance of our Vieira's assist ;)

Azzkikr
11 Mar 08, 16:44
Deffinetly way to much for him. Way to much for any football player, but thats another issue.

Zlatan doesnt deserve to be a top earner. He is a great asset on form. But when he doesnt play well he pulls the team down with him because he takes up so much of the ball and then if he doesnt get anything out of it noone does, because the team is fixed around him when he is on the pitch. The players just offload the ball on him.

He had a couple of great months at the start of this season, but since then he has fluctuated way to much in his performances. To still call him the best forward in the world now, as some did at the start of this season, is laughable.

Lets hope he gets his shit together tonight.

Stefan
11 Mar 08, 22:31
He didn't do a thing against us except for those 2 dives and that chance of our Vieira's assist ;)

Did you happen to miss the pass to cruz in the first half. Were julio totally phucked up??

Ibra needs support in these big games. We either need another super forward or a great acm.

jcvdevil
11 Mar 08, 22:37
I can't believe how people love this dude. Even when he screw things up like today, he missed 2 clear goals that even a monkey could score and nobody talks about him, inter lost this game because of ibra failing in the most crucial moments of the match, i simply can't believe how people talk shit about other player and praise this dude, that the only thing he does is waste opportunities like today. He deserves to be like our fifth striker, he does nothing his goals are only from the pk spot, he doesn't put his heat to the game, like other inter player, his only preocupation is to look good for the cameras doing tricks and stupidly loosing the ball.

minterke
11 Mar 08, 22:43
Zlatan was good in the 1st half today, but a world class striker would've scored in 180 minutes of football. Especially with the chances he got today.

snake
11 Mar 08, 22:46
good?

yuk yuk yuk. is all i can say. That 2nd free kick? oh my.

still want him in our team, but no doubt he was pathetic.

tonyloo
11 Mar 08, 22:48
He was good today.

jcvdevil
11 Mar 08, 22:49
He was good today.
yeah he was good sitting at the bench

Adam
11 Mar 08, 22:52
Good first half is not enough. Brilliant is closer to the truth. Second half was good apart from the finishing.

But if you think he's such a pathetic choker maybe you will get lucky and he'll decline the 8 million a year contract and go to Madrid or Chelsea instead. For the money we'll get for him I'm sure the replacement will be much better.

Ilkinio
11 Mar 08, 23:19
BTW, cassano was there..

Alex de Large
11 Mar 08, 23:43
He was ok, but don't let him take more fk.

snake
11 Mar 08, 23:48
BTW, cassano was there..

BTW, so was Rossi.

Ilkinio
11 Mar 08, 23:58
BTW, so was Rossi.

That ugly guy in hat? My God, Miha looks beautiful comparing to him :)

Stefan
12 Mar 08, 00:00
BTW, so was Rossi.

Yeah but valentino is a life long interista and goes to inter games whenever possible. Cassano I don't think has been know to go to inter games. I wonder what the samp management think of this.

Ilkinio
12 Mar 08, 00:08
May be, Real madrid's management? :)

snake
12 Mar 08, 00:08
Cassano I don't think has been know to go to inter games. I wonder what the samp management think of this.

wtf big deal?

Martins was here to see our scudetto celebrations, newcastle didnt spank his ass. yeah his no cassano, but its out of the country.

but seriously, days off, after traing etcc you can go where yo uwant. There is no rule saying Cassano cant go to an inter game.

Stefan
12 Mar 08, 00:16
wtf big deal?

Martins was here to see our scudetto celebrations, newcastle didnt spank his ass. yeah his no cassano, but its out of the country.

but seriously, days off, after traing etcc you can go where yo uwant. There is no rule saying Cassano cant go to an inter game.

Yeah but Cassano has been linked to Inter. I wouldn't be happy if I was the samp management. It's not against the rules but I would be worried seeing him at an Inter game.

Oba was most likely invited by Inter and I am sure he would have cleared that with newcastle.

Forza ragazzi
12 Mar 08, 13:26
Yeah but valentino is a life long interista and goes to inter games whenever possible. Cassano I don't think has been know to go to inter games. I wonder what the samp management think of this.

Are there any problems with attending a CL match?

H20, where did you find out about Oba? I never saw him the clips.

Pravesh
12 Mar 08, 16:33
Are there any problems with attending a CL match?

H20, where did you find out about Oba? I never saw him the clips.

He was there. I saw his pics in this forum or was it in inter.it as well.:D

Yeah but Cassano has been linked to Inter. I wouldn't be happy if I was the samp management. It's not against the rules but I would be worried seeing him at an Inter game.

Oba was most likely invited by Inter and I am sure he would have cleared that with newcastle.

No Stefan. There's nothing wrong with attending games like these - Champs League games.;)

He could have even asked for a day off to watch the game, after all he's suspended for 5 games.;)

A.l.i
13 Mar 08, 15:05
Did you happen to miss the pass to cruz in the first half. Were julio totally phucked up??

Ibra needs support in these big games. We either need another super forward or a great acm.

I was talking about Torres not Ibra ;)

As for Ibra's performance. He was definitely good but atleast had to finish that gift which he received, I think if he would have been at any other club except Inter that would have been a goal lol, Inter and Champions League just dont mix. I agree with Stefan that tonight he had 4 Dm's behind him with Zanetti advancing the most which sounds utterly ridiculous and that he needs a world class AM like r10, Diego for support. I wouldn't say that Ibra is world class but surely has the potential to be. I just got so ****ing pissed after the game when my friends started BS like," What did your world class striker do"? Nothing........He's half the striker Torres is. Lol

p.s Cr7 to get Ballon D'or.

josipva
13 Mar 08, 15:31
actually ibra was involved throughout whole game, and he was still a bit rusty for not playing 3 weeks, while torres is in form of life and he was invisible until he scored while we were man down and in shock

mexican_azzurri
14 Mar 08, 03:01
The problem with Ibra is that in the big games just dissappear...is a great player but need grow up for be the best!

Pravesh
14 Mar 08, 05:03
Zlatan had a good game against Liverpool, as a second striker for sure. All he missed was the finishing touch which would have gone inside. That's what count the most but I am happy that he wasn't lost. It was just a bad luck that we couldn't score in the first half.

Ajesh
14 Mar 08, 06:59
I dont why is everybody after Ibra so much.Ibra missed so many matches and he might be carrying an injury as well.In the match Cruz should have done better with his finishing also.He shot across goal when all he needed was to pass i guess it was Deki who was all alone in front of the Liverpool Goal.And another ocassion when somebody crossed and he did a fancy back flick which didnt work where there were likes of Cucho waiting in a better position.
Having said that Cruz also returned from injury that didnt help the cause.

A.l.i
14 Mar 08, 14:36
I wish he had a world class "AM" supporting him from behind like Dinho or Diego, It all would have been so much easier.

Stefan
16 Mar 08, 18:49
Apparently he wants mancini gone.

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/Notizie/Calcio/22436/Inter%2C+scoppia+il+caso+Ibrahimovic

Joss
16 Mar 08, 19:10
I think the players are objecting with being subbed off because they dont respect Mancini's decisions anymore. Which means they longer have faith in his ability to manage the club. Mancini's latest outburst ruined his credibility as a manager.

When managing a club like Inter with so many Big egos, you cannot let your gaurd down or show weakness because then players will question your authority and judgement. Unfortunately that is exactly what Mancini did and Moratti might not have a choice but sack him come the end of the season.

Ziyad
16 Mar 08, 19:10
Cesare Maldini just said that Ibra said something unacceptable towards Mancini..So its probably to that affect.

I have no more respect for Ibra if this is true.If it is Mancini and Moratti better step in strong and kick some ass.Otherwise this behavior will affect all the players and we will have a big problem on our hands..

WHat pisses me off is what does Ibra of all people have to complain about Mancini.He gets to play 90% of every game when he isnt injured.He is always praised and excused by the coach no matter what level of douchbag he reaches..!!!

I would understand if this was Crespo,Solari,Viera because they dont get enough time for soo long (Viera because he sees Stan ahead of him in the order)BUT WHY IBRA WHY???

Ziyad
16 Mar 08, 19:13
I think the players are objecting with being subbed off because they dont respect Mancini's decisions anymore. Which means they longer have faith in his ability to manage the club. Mancini's latest outburst ruined his credibility as a manager.

When managing a club like Inter with so many Big egos, you cannot let your gaurd down or show weakness because then players will question your authority and judgement. Unfortunately that is exactly what Mancini did and Moratti might not have a choice but sack him come the end of the season.

I agree with you that Mancini made a lame duck out of himself,but the players did this before the CL-leaving Inter fiasco started.

Adam
16 Mar 08, 19:45
MILAN - "When I came off the pitch I was expressing my disappointment over the substitution and the missed chances. I never said anything disrespectful against the coach." With these words, Inter striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic repudiates the words attributed to him by presumed lip reading evidence during his substitution in the final minutes of Inter's match against Palermo.

That's from Inter.it

Azzkikr
16 Mar 08, 19:49
He should be more discontent about his own current form than about being subbed.

Luka
16 Mar 08, 20:58

That's right. This is a jungle, and it is the most primitive insticts that are important here, the coach is the alfa male, and if he will show any weaknesses, there are many who are up to shake his authority.

Even Jimenez had some objections. JIMENEZ, the guy who is on loan, who is still owned by third division team Ternana, and who should be doing everything not to be disliked by the coach in hope, of being bought. That shows a lot, how the position of Mancini is now perceived by the players.

And that was even before the CL incident. Wait couple of weeks, and we'll here more complaints of Suazo, Crespo, maybe even Maniche will say something, when he sees Dejan with his "remarkable" displays is playing almost every time he is able to.

And I wouldn' be cursing any of the players. Look how they must feel, the guy just recently gave up on them, and now how can you expect them to still respect the coach? If you would be in a job, and your boss would tell you that he will definetly leave the post in 2 weeks, how would you act from this point? You wouldn't probably stab him, but you wouldn't be so carefull, you would tell him a thing here, and then, and stuff like that.

We don't have 25 Zanettis in the team with his 150% profresionalitism, and with Ibra his determination, his will to show the world he is best, and what pottential he has it is not a big suprise to me.

It's over folks. The change of the coach is iminent. If that won't happen we're really screwed.

Aleksandar
16 Mar 08, 21:12
That's right. This is a jungle, and it is the most primitive insticts that are important here, the coach is the alfa male, and if he will show any weaknesses, there are many who are up to shake his authority.

Even Jimenez had some objections. JIMENEZ, the guy who is on loan, who is still owned by third division team Ternana, and who should be doing everything not to be disliked by the coach in hope, of being bought. That shows a lot, how the position of Mancini is now perceived by the players.

And that was even before the CL incident. Wait couple of weeks, and we'll here more complaints of Suazo, Crespo, maybe even Maniche will say something, when he sees Dejan with his "remarkable" displays is playing almost every time he is able to.

And I wouldn' be cursing any of the players. Look how they must feel, the guy just recently gave up on them, and now how can you expect them to still respect the coach? If you would be in a job, and your boss would tell you that he will definetly leave the post in 2 weeks, how would you act from this point? You wouldn't probably stab him, but you wouldn't be so carefull, you would tell him a thing here, and then, and stuff like that.

We don't have 25 Zanettis in the team with his 150% profresionalitism, and with Ibra his determination, his will to show the world he is best, and what pottential he has it is not a big suprise to me.

It's over folks. The change of the coach is iminent. If that won't happen we're really screwed.
You are right about some things in here BUT this kind of things happend also way before all this,at the begining of the season,and I 'm starting to think that only at Inter this happens.....there should be penalties for everybody that act as superstar or child,as for Ibra,I like him,he is great footballer but wtf he was thinking??? He plays every game without substitution,and he was substituted in 79min!!!!!!!!!!!!!>>>?????????? I would have understand (to some deegre)if it was Crespo or somebody else that warms the bench but Ibrahmovic???

Aleksandar
16 Mar 08, 21:37
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/mar16m.html

Did Ibra insult Mancini? Sunday 16 March, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new touchline row has shaken Inter, as Zlatan Ibrahimovic was caught on camera insulting Coach Roberto Mancini.

The Swede appeared very irritated when he was substituted in the 2-1 victory over Palermo this afternoon.

He did not shake the tactician’s hand, refused to make eye contact and was muttering all the way to the bench.

Ibrahimovic was caught on camera and the Italian media analysed his lip movements with the phrase “I hope he really does leave.”

The reference was clearly aimed at Mancini’s announcement this week that he was set to quit Inter at the end of the season.

The Coach changed his mind less than 24 hours later, but it may have done more damage than at first thought to the relations within the team.

“I was a player, so I understand. I did much worse than that! These things are understandable,” insisted Mancini.

After the television coverage of the incident, the official Inter website released a statement from Ibrahimovic.

“As I left the field I expressed my disappointment for the substitution and the chances I had missed, but I never said anything insulting towards the Coach.”

The touchline row comes just days after Luis Figo reportedly refused to come on as a substitute against Liverpool in the Champions League.

Here too there is some confusion over what actually happened, as the Portuguese international insisted there was nothing in it.

“I have never had any problems with Mancini. I am here to win and that is the most important thing,” said Figo.

“Clearly one cannot always be happy in case of a defeat. If people want to find a scapegoat for our Champions League exit, then that is not me.

“It is not true that I refused to play against Liverpool. I have never in my career refused to play, even if it was just for five minutes.”

Yet on Saturday Mancini’s Press conference statements seemed to suggest that Figo had called himself out.

“I was a player for 20 years, so I know someone can not like a Coach because he doesn’t let him play or always substitutes him, but I have never seen anyone pull back at the moment when fighting spirit is needed, especially out of respect for their teammates and the club. In any case, I am not vindictive and only look to the good of the collective. I won’t ask for a fine.

“I reacted perfectly well and nothing has changed for me. This is not a temporary truce until the end of the season until we decide to change. That is not the case.”

I DON'T KNOW IF IBRA SAID - I HOPE HE GOES(MANCINI)WHEN WAS LEAVING THE FIELD,BUT I'M SURE THAT HE CURUSED ON SERBIAN :D

Luka
16 Mar 08, 22:00
You are right about some things in here BUT this kind of things happend also way before all this,at the begining of the season.
It did ?

The way I remember it was, that couple of months ago, everybody was happy at the club, there were no dissapointments, everybody was claping Mancio's hand when substituted, and everybody was saying the team is the most important, including Zlatan, when he was asked about the golden ball. Didn't he say something like, the team result is what counts the most? Now what happened recently, that so many players in our team started to behave like that? :)

Aleksandar
16 Mar 08, 22:12
It did ?

The way I remember it was, that couple of months ago, everybody was happy at the club, there were no dissapointments, everybody was claping Mancio's hand when substituted, and everybody was saying the team is the most important, including Zlatan, when he was asked about the golden ball. Didn't he say something like, the team result is what counts the most? Now what happened recently, that so many players in our team started to behave like that? :)Well yes,like somebody else said - when the team wins everybody are happy and they all "think about the team,not scoring goals,if team wins that's all they care about........"and crap like that :D but when team is not wining than.......and not Ibra but Vieira,Figo behaved like this couple of times before all this and not just this season but also last year..... :)
I just saw a Interview of Ibra where he is denying that he said something about the coach(you should leave or staff like that) :D ...........BUT HE SURE DID CURSED AT HIM :D

Hammoudi
16 Mar 08, 23:16
He should be more discontent about his own current form than about being subbed.

I think his form is great, he might not be scoring goals from open play, but he is sure making them. He has to take the extra task and act like a playmaker when it is not his job, we are expecting way too much of him and will burn him out again.

Also, like I said in the Mancini forum, I doubt Mancini cares what the players say to him. There are coaches like Spaletti and Cuper that bench players that show dissent when subbed and there are coaches (rare) that don't. Mancini used to be a player who makes scenes so he understands those players. As long as he is fine with it, I see no problem, it would be different if a player insults Moratti, his teammates or the team (like by throwing his shirt to the ground etc.)

Azzkikr
16 Mar 08, 23:35
He is a striker so i expect hes main contribution to be goals.

Penalties apart, 7 regular goals in 1800 minutes in serie a hardly justifies giving him that extreeme wage raise that we have heard about.

Disappointing in my book, but he is great at converting all those penalty gift that we have been getting, ill give him that much.

tonyloo
17 Mar 08, 00:29
15 goals, 8 assists.

Inter has scored 54 goals.

Directly involved in over 40% of our goals. Probably 75% if you count the buildups.

Yeah, he's crap.

Alessandro
17 Mar 08, 00:36
15 goals, 8 assists.

Directly involved in over 40% of our goals. Probably 75% if you count the buildups.

Yeah, he's crap.

Haha

Well said =)

Alex de Large
17 Mar 08, 01:53
There is no doubt he started the season on fire, i remember him scoring goal/game in the first 8 or 9 games. I don't know what happened next, since the Rubentus-Inter game that ended 1-1 he is not the same.

Adam
17 Mar 08, 05:45
I think his form is great, he might not be scoring goals from open play, but he is sure making them. He has to take the extra task and act like a playmaker when it is not his job, we are expecting way too much of him and will burn him out again.

Also, like I said in the Mancini forum, I doubt Mancini cares what the players say to him. There are coaches like Spaletti and Cuper that bench players that show dissent when subbed and there are coaches (rare) that don't. Mancini used to be a player who makes scenes so he understands those players. As long as he is fine with it, I see no problem, it would be different if a player insults Moratti, his teammates or the team (like by throwing his shirt to the ground etc.)

I agree, I think he's playing better in regards to build up than at the beginning of the season. I still think he needs to improve his finishing and most imortantly get into scoring oppurtunites more often, but I think he's been a joy to watch since returning from his injury.

Anyways. What he did yesterday was very immature and he should just accept to be subbed like everyone(well, almost) else without causing trouble. Can't say I blame him for getting pissed since he deserved to stay on, yesterday and against Pool. It doesn't excuse his behaviour but I can understand it.

Put a smile to my face though.:D Following Inter is about as fun anyone could have watching football in terms of controversy.

Stefan
17 Mar 08, 07:52
MILAN - "When I came off the pitch I was expressing my disappointment over the substitution and the missed chances. I never said anything disrespectful against the coach." With these words, Inter striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic repudiates the words attributed to him by presumed lip reading evidence during his substitution in the final minutes of Inter's match against Palermo.
That's from Inter.it

From Inter.it

And inter.it always tells the truth and Zlatan is going to go and admit he doesn't want Mancini at the club in front of the official club press. Yeah right.

Adam
17 Mar 08, 08:01
And inter.it always tells the truth and Zlatan is going to go and admit he doesn't want Mancini at the club in front of the official club press. Yeah right.

You know I couldn't figure out why it sounded like you think I was implying that Inter.it always tells the truth. Then I noticed I forgot to remove one of the "from Inter.it" when I edited. Fixed it.;)

bennyblanco
17 Mar 08, 08:32
without Ibra we wouldnt be the same team or had achieved 50% of what we have this and last term....,not even half the team without Ibra
we rely on him HEAVILY,ive always said that he isnt a striker but a number #10....the biggest surprise to me is how much this man has given to Inter and still gets blasted from some ppl....he is playing injured since the juBe game in reality and our form has suffered since then....

Mancio overburnt him to some extent and cant rely on anyone like he can on Ibra as far as our forwards are concerned....if we had an AM so much pressure would have been taken of Ibra and he could concentrate on scoring rather then making chances for the likes of Cruz,Suazo and everyone else for that matter....this is the best thing Inter has had in the last 20 years as he has given Inter ten fold what Ronaldo and Vieri have....

Forza ragazzi
17 Mar 08, 09:00
Very well said, benny :star:

Anyway, with a player like Ibra, you don't count the goals. He isn't a pure goal scorer. Mainly the goal scoring should be done by (in our team) Cruz and Crespo. They are poachers whereas Ibra is more of a playing striker, who contributes with holding up the ball, passing, creating assists and so on. Ibra has never been a great goal scorer, but he is still considered having a fairly successful career.

Ziyad
17 Mar 08, 09:50
I agree Benny,we shouldnt rely on a player so heavily that we burn him up.First of all because we become predictable,second because we get used to relying on him that our form relies on one man.Third because that player is bound to have a bad spell and things can then spiral dramatically into the gutter,think Adriano..

Aleksandar
17 Mar 08, 18:13
http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=625365

The media and lips readers now went to far......this becomes sooo funny :D

Alex de Large
17 Mar 08, 18:30
LOL, they don't know how to break team's chemistry, too bad for them that the players don't care about this and only want to win scudetto.

J zanetti
17 Mar 08, 19:05
They are poachers whereas Ibra is more of a playing striker, who contributes with holding up the ball, passing, creating assists and so on. Ibra has never been a great goal scorer, but he is still considered having a fairly successful career.
True... also one might want to add to that the fact that he is a bad MF with a winning mentality that every team would love to have. His cockiness and HUGE ego is a must for our team.

Luka
17 Mar 08, 21:52
without Ibra we wouldnt be the same team or had achieved 50% of what we have this and last term....,not even half the team without Ibra
we rely on him HEAVILY,ive always said that he isnt a striker but a number #10....the biggest surprise to me is how much this man has given to Inter and still gets blasted from some ppl....he is playing injured since the juBe game in reality and our form has suffered since then....

Mancio overburnt him to some extent and cant rely on anyone like he can on Ibra as far as our forwards are concerned....if we had an AM so much pressure would have been taken of Ibra and he could concentrate on scoring rather then making chances for the likes of Cruz,Suazo and everyone else for that matter....this is the best thing Inter has had in the last 20 years as he has given Inter ten fold what Ronaldo and Vieri have....
Indeed.

That's why I was so pro of bringing him here when the rumors started.

He isn't playing like he was playing at the beggining of the season, or before that, and that is obvious to me. Just remember the first period with his, 2 goals, assis, 2 goals, assist...

To me what's happened is that, the teams started to mark him no matter what.

Our team relies on him to much, that's probably why we played so good half a year ago. The opposition let him have the ball, so he passed it around, he moved, he made splendid through balls. Now? He is man marked, double man marked. The time the ball is coming at him is he only time he has like a 1 meter of freedom around him.

It's like with Milan. Man Mark Kaka, man mark Pirlo, try to draw them away from passes and the team is dead. Well, in most of the cases. In one, that's what happened with them against Arsenal at San - Siro.

With Arsenal, Real, Man Utd, Barcelona and so on, you can't do that sh1t. You would have to man mark most of their team, as most of them can do something with the ball.

Hammoudi
18 Mar 08, 00:32
I think for next year, we have to pair him with a world class striker, I don't mean Crespo, Cruz or Suazo (with all due respect to them) but a super star striker. We can't simply waste him like this, we need a world-class playmaker/wingers (no Jimenez or Figo) and a world class striker, then I think we will see his best.

I didn't want us to get a forward, but we really have to capitalize on the fact that Zlatan is being double-teamed but can still combine with a smart striker that can use space effectively.

Out of the top of my head I can mention Drogba, Sheva :lol: etc.

Alessandro
18 Mar 08, 01:36
Cassano... \

Actually imagine Eto (with his rebel attitude which fits inter's mold...) with Ibra... crazy

Alessandro
18 Mar 08, 01:38
I still think Ibra/ Adriano partnership would be very effective... if u saw pre season there was moments of magic between them. Its just a shame Adri wasn't in the best of shape. He's looking alot better now. Plus papers in Italy are saying that adri has contacted Mancini and has given him 110% commitment for next season...

Azzkikr
18 Mar 08, 16:33
15 goals, 8 assists.

Yeah, he's crap.

Crap? no, overrated by inter fans? yes by an extreeme degree.

There is a reason nobody rates zlatan outside italy atm, penalties dont count for shit really and 7 goals in 1800 minutes is hardly anything noteworthy.

He takes part in the plays alot and is a good player, but even mentioning him among the top forwards in the world atm is ridiculous.

tonyloo
18 Mar 08, 16:47
"penalties dont count for shit"

Never knew that.

minterke
18 Mar 08, 17:00
They don't, any player can score penalties...that's what Azzkikr meant...although Ibra has done a gd job at converting them successfully.

Anyways, Ibra is a good player not as good as Sheva, Ronnie, Baggio, MVB, Totti were but he's still valuable for now.

I just feel that sometimes Ibra's ego is so big that he doesn't even realize how he can improve himself.

Suneet
18 Mar 08, 17:10
I just feel that sometimes Ibra's ego is so big that he doesn't even realize how he can improve himself.

:star: coudnt have said it better. There is a reason Mancio showed him videos of Van Baasten.

Luka
18 Mar 08, 18:35
Ibra overated?

Yeah, if a player can't score every freeking game, than he is overated.

The fact that Ibra is being man marked or double man marked for a while now, every time he is about to receive the ball, doesn't count? When he passed the ball to Cambiasso when we leveled in the derby game, he was surrounded by how many? 4 Milan players or so ?

Didn't we forget how he played last year, how he played for the half of this season? Everybody was out of the adjectives for his play. Even Massimo was asked that question.

So he turned from briliant, and by mane considered best striker in the world, to overated?

It's not Ibras fault, that the coach can't find a way to divert the attention from him. The same goes with Kaka at Milan.

Even if you were Messi, Diego, Pele, you name it, you wouldn't do a shit if you were the only one, who could do something with the ball. The opposition just double, or tripple man mark you, and that's it for your game.

He has his off days here and then, unfortunatly more in the big games, but he is far from overated.

Also take a note the whole Inter was playing amazingly poor from the beggining of the year, not only Zlatan.

Azzkikr
18 Mar 08, 19:01
Only Inter fans ever considered him the best striker in the world.

And cambiasso the best central midfielder.

Maicon the best RB.

You guys overrate our players way to much, if they were half as good as you make them we would win everything almost without showing up the games.

We have a decent squad, a few players who can be worldclass in a specific match on a given day, but they all share the lack of consistency to ever be considered one outside Italy. Zlatan is no exception.

Cesar is probably the closets we are at having a player who consistently performs at worldclass level. So was Samuel before the injury.

Suneet
18 Mar 08, 19:06
Well then that level of consistency happens only on computer games. There is no player in the world who can perform like you want day in and day out.

tonyloo
18 Mar 08, 19:15
Azzkikr is wrong in pretty much everything he says. Its amazing.

Why is this attention whore still allowed to post here?

This guy is the biggest bandwagon jumper I've ever seen...

Azzkikr
18 Mar 08, 19:23
Azzkikr is wrong in pretty much everything he says. Its amazing.

Why is this attention whore still allowed to post here?

This guy is the biggest bandwagon jumper I've ever seen...

Bandwagon? :howler: Are you deliberately trying to make yourself look stupid here?

Jumping on a bandwagon means that you believe things because many others do. In my case it would be exactly the opposite. So how can i be a bandwagon jumper? In reality im not the bandwagon jumper, but 90% of this board is, ignoring every fact about the players and the game and instead listens and agrees to a couple of loudmouthes who constantly throws their ignorant views around.

Dont use words and sentences your dont know the meaning of tonyloo.

And again, if you have a problem, use the ignore function. That goes for everyone. In the civilized world we dont throw off the buss if they dont have the same idea as you do, but perhaps everyone in your FI bandwagon needs to have the same ideas? In that case in really sorry.

Luka
18 Mar 08, 19:26
It's results that make you the best.

When Barcelona won CL, Etoo was the best striker, Ronaldinho the best player that walked the earth, Puyol the best defender (:P), Xavi the best central midfielder, Deco the best playmaker and so on, and so on.

When Milan won CL, Kaka was the best player ever, Pirlo the best playmaker, Gattuso the best deffensive midfielder.

It's all relevant. The results make you the best, besides ofcourse the club you're playing in.

Year after year, we see new "the best players", who switch last years "best of eleven".

We were considered one of the best team in Europe, the team with the best depth in the squad, who is unstopable, not so long ago. 2 games against Liverpool dropped us by at least 2 levels down.

Didn't someone say once, "you are as good as your last game" ?

For me, I'm trying to remember players performance for at least a year, or two as a whole and then judge.

Sure one might say, if the players fail year after year, there is something to it, they obviously aren't that good, and this whole talk is not about them. But there is also another option.

Coach, coach, coach :> And I really believe that's the case here.

tonyloo
18 Mar 08, 19:29
You a couple of months ago: "Ibra is the only world class player in Inter, he is Inter"

Now, after Ibra has had a couple of bad games: "Ibra is overrated, he doesnt deserve his paycheck"

In a couple of months: "Ibra is the best thing since sliced bread"

Jumper.

Months ago. "Cesar is a world class keeper? Let me laugh at your ignorance."

Now. "Cesar is world class."

In a couple of months: "Sell this stupid goalie while he's still worth something"

Luka
18 Mar 08, 19:46
That is what they say "check mate".

Unless of course tonyloo made those up. But that would come out very quickly, so I think this is highly unlikely.

alvaro
18 Mar 08, 19:58
Ye he was the best Inter player 4 months ago, singlehandedly leading us to win the Scudetto, if not for him we'd be in Uefa cup. Ye Ibra has missed some crucial chances and his form has dropped, but lets not forget that Ibra ain't the only one who's having a dip in form, most notably the midfield which is supposed to be supporting him and other strikers.

In addition, I would be more concerned of Ibra's partner, Cruz did nothing against Palermo and missed some great chances against Pool. Crespo seems to have totally lost it, while Suazo... well he's just utter shite. Maybe Balotelli will get his chance as Ibra's partner sooner or later, though given the important games coming up that might be too risky in Mancio's mind. Having said all this, one new striker for next season is a must.

Oh and what comes to Azzkikrs posts, as he said, ignore him if it's too much for you to take. I like reading his stuff. :P

Adam
18 Mar 08, 20:03
There is a reason nobody rates zlatan outside italy atm.

If that would of been true he wouldn't of been the forward with the most votes in Uefa team of the year. I'm a member of many different football forums, and despite only posting with regularity on two, I've read enough to know most football fans wank over him.

Azzkikr
18 Mar 08, 20:40
Seedorf is also in the Uefa team of the year, so that takes all credibility away already here.

Im not arguing if zlatan is a good player, and certainly plenty would want him, but he just isnt among the absolute best in the world in any way, and its clearly the general understand here that he is. He started out very promising this season, and showed potential, but in the end when the league got warmed up, he couldnt quiet keep it up anymore.

Perhaps some day, if his finishing improves and he performs at a consistent basis he might be one.

Untill then he will just be another good player who doesnt quiet has what it takes be considered among the very best. And there are plenty of those.

Alex de Large
18 Mar 08, 21:02
Be overrated in a forum don't means be bad, he is one of the best striker of the world, but not THE BEST, like many people here think.

Anyway, nothing weird, i'am sure that in Milan forums people consider Pirlo a top3 midfielder and he is not even in the top10.

Aleksandar
18 Mar 08, 21:34
By mistake I somehow got to the first page of this thread,and I read some of the things there and it's very funny when you look in the past :D

nutcracker
18 Mar 08, 21:34
Cesar is probably the closets we are at having a player who consistently performs at worldclass level. So was Samuel before the injury.

Not really. Its just your retardish pesymistic opinion based on our last matches instead of our results. Some time ago in Juve for example he rarely played with team, he just wanted to be a star or a hero, now he is different. Ibra improved alot under Mancinis eye. From being a stupid brainless striker he turned into something more than just a striker. His number of passes means that and thats propably why in fact, we can't compare him to other strikers becouse he is not one of them.

Thats pretty ridiculous Azzkikr to read about your expectations from our players and how you treat them. You clearly want every of them to be best on the world, score goal every match, do amazing passes, make alone raids through whole pitch. Seriously, I have no f**** idea how can you be an Inter fan (I can't really call you supporter becouse in fact you don't support them even in 0.5%) when you hate this team so much.

josipva
18 Mar 08, 21:37
hmm, and who exatly is THE best ? :O

minterke
18 Mar 08, 21:49
Seriously guys Alex and Azz do have a point, Ibra is overrated by Inter fans by saying he is the best player in the world. Putting Ibrahimovic next to C.Ronaldo and Messi is extremely unfair to those 2 players, who have 10 times the talent Ibra has.

Ibra is the best forward in Serie A...that IMO is fair.

tonyloo
18 Mar 08, 22:16
What has Messi done this season thats so amazing? He scored some goals in the beginning of the season when Barca trashed some teams with 4-1 and 3-0 scores, and he scored some weeks ago in a 5-1 trashing. He has scored 3 goals since October in the league.

If you're saying that Messi is far better than Ibra then you're the one underrating Ibra and overrating Messi.

...or is he that much better because he scored against Celtic when Ibra failed to score against Liverpool?

and Aguero is alot better than Messi...

Aleksandar
18 Mar 08, 22:18
Putting Ibrahimovic next to C.Ronaldo and Messi is extremely unfair to those 2 players, who have 10 times the talent Ibra has.

Ibra is the best forward in Serie A...that IMO is fair.I think you are wrong when you are saying they have 10 times the talent that he has,that is overdoing,he has not reach their level yet but if we are talking about his talent he is up there with them

snake
18 Mar 08, 22:20
I feel for strikers at inter.

As soon as you have a few games where you play unbelieavebly, everyone expects so much of you. The moment you play a few normal games, everyone then turns their opinion and blasts you. We helped Adriano ruin himself like that; poor zlatan...

Azzkikr
18 Mar 08, 22:27

Hardly true. As a goal scorer there are alot of serie a forwards who are way more clinical and who has better finishing.

Then people will say that ibra isnt a true striker and more of a second creative kinda forward, which is probably true, but here Totti pisses all over him in this department really (and as a goal scorer for that matter).

tonyloo
18 Mar 08, 22:31
Statistics says otherwise.

Ibra is in top of the assist league, Di Natale is second. Totti is nowhere to be found.

Stop underrating....

Alex de Large
18 Mar 08, 22:32
hmm, and who exatly is THE best ? :O

I don't think it's fair to talk about "a best striker", it's like say "best team in the world", that could change every 6 months.

Luka
18 Mar 08, 22:41
This discussion is coming to a ridiculusly low level now.

It's a common knowledge that when a team is underperforming, all fans are turning to the best player in the team, as they think he should do some jigles, skip past 5 players and score a screamer from 35 meters.

Look. If the team would still play great as a whole, if we would still crush and burn every opponent, if we would dominate in CL, and Zlatan would suck all together, missing chances playing crap, I would agree. But we were/are playing bad as a team, it's not a fault of one player. So stop bashing individuals, and focus on the team as a group of eleven on the field.

There is no striker in the world who would do more, with the game we are playing for some time now. Either it would be Robinho, Adebayor, Drogba, Etoo.

minterke
18 Mar 08, 23:36
Hardly true. As a goal scorer there are alot of serie a forwards who are way more clinical and who has better finishing.

Then people will say that ibra isnt a true striker and more of a second creative kinda forward, which is probably true, but here Totti pisses all over him in this department really (and as a goal scorer for that matter).

Well, Ibra has had 1.5 SPECTACULAR season out of 2 seasons which is very good. You can say he hasn't been the 'big game player' that he should be, but he's our top scorer and our 'Fenomeno'...the one player than can amaze us and change the game at any moment.

I am a 100% Zlatanhead, Ibra fan to the fullest, but I don't think he's the best in the world. That's all.

It's unfair to compare him to Totti, who is arguably the most talented Italian player of all time.

It's a common knowledge that when a team is underperforming, all fans are turning to the best player in the team, as they think he should do some jigles, skip past 5 players and score a screamer from 35 meters.

Well perhaps he's the reason we've been underperforming, because we rely on him so heavily that when he hits a bad patch of form we're f*cked.

Handoyo
18 Mar 08, 23:58
You can't really compare Ibrahimovic and Totti right now, as the latter had a fluid 5-men midfield behind him. Totti is also the absolute focal point of Roma's play, where Ibra on the other hand is part of a team machine system. Also, I dare say that Ibra was better than Totti in 06/07, despite the the Capocannonieri and Golden Boot award that Totti won. He scored a lot of 'unnecessary' goals (Brace in a 4-0 easy win against Parma, etc) while Ibra brought us win from tricky ties in Renzo Barbera, Ennio Tardini, twice against Milan, etc.

This season, it remains to be seen, and let's reserve our judgment until the season concludes.

Luka
19 Mar 08, 00:01
Well perhaps he's the reason we've been underperforming, because we rely on him so heavily that when he hits a bad patch of form we're f*cked.
Honestly, I was thinking 5 minutes before answering. And still, I don't know how to respond, you got me puzzled :P

Neverless, I don't think we would get on so well for 2 years without anybody realising what is going on here :P

Zlatan played and still plays a great deal of importance in our game, and everytime he played well we won. But last year everybody played their beat, I don't think any team in the world can get on well for so long where their game depends on just one individual. At least not a team that is chalanging for the title or CL cup.

Lately it was like kick the ball up front, and let Cruz nad Zlatan deal with it.

minterke
19 Mar 08, 00:02
Han there's no way Ibra is part of a 'team machine system' because our 'team machine system's gameplan is throw a long ball to Ibra and cross your fingers.

Luka
19 Mar 08, 00:09
Han there's no way Ibra is part of a 'team machine system' because our 'team machine system's gameplan is throw a long ball to Ibra and cross your fingers.
That's what I said a minute before.

What are the ods, eh ? :>

But I've noticed it only since the christmas break. Someone said it's like this for a long time, but I didn't notice it before. If I did, I would start complaining as I did couple of months ago, much earlier.

scutzon
19 Mar 08, 06:30
I would have to agree that we are currently relying a lot on Ibra and Cruz to create something out of nothing. In the last few games I've watched, we have just been hoofing the ball up to Ibra and hoping he does something good with it. That's definitely not a team machine to me...

Ziyad
19 Mar 08, 06:47
I agree totally and mentioned that this will backfire on Inter and Ibra in the long run..

I have to also add that besides that the only other move we have is going through Maicon

nutcracker
19 Mar 08, 06:52
Seriously guys Alex and Azz do have a point, Ibra is overrated by Inter fans by saying he is the best player in the world. Putting Ibrahimovic next to C.Ronaldo and Messi is extremely unfair to those 2 players, who have 10 times the talent Ibra has.

Rofl. C. Ronaldo? Don't make me laugh. First of all he is not a striker and secondly hes not even in top5 for me. Seriously his dances with ball aren't impressing me, they even disgust me. And well, he fails at it alot of times.

Alessandro
19 Mar 08, 07:10
Rofl. C. Ronaldo? Don't make me laugh. First of all he is not a striker and secondly hes not even in top5 for me. Seriously his dances with ball aren't impressing me, they even disgust me. And well, he fails at it alot of times.

Your an idiot... He's favourite to win the Ballon d'Or right now... he has 22 goals so far in the PL which makes him the competitions top scorer... and he's not even a striker. You obviously havent been watching him this season

C.Ronaldo > Ibra (this season...)

Hasan
19 Mar 08, 08:04
We can't compare Ibrahimović with Messi or C.Ronaldo. They are fast wizards who can make the difference, especially when they have enough space from counter attacks. Inter definitely misses that kind of player but Ibra's advantage is that he's beast and he can hold the ball by himself, only problem is that we don't have Messi's type of player to follow his moves. Because Cruz, Stan, Cambiasso don't have that whizz moves and than Ibra fells lonely in attack so underperforming is normal with teammates who can't follow him.

addo
19 Mar 08, 08:42
Everyones entitled to their opinion.

In my opinion Ibra has the sheer ability to be the best in the world. Unfortunately Inter wont let him.. He cant be given the sole responsibility to create everything and also convert everything.

Every "world beater" player have a team that is able to create and convert without said player. Unfortunately Inter have 0 creativity without Ibra even in conversion Inter runs low without ibra.

Look at Man Utd, they ooze creativity, same with Milan last year, this year, Milan has struggled and where has that put Kaka? he also struggles to be at the level expected.

Im not saying the players at Inter are bad, its a strong team. But Inter seriosly lack offensive creativity when you have to rely on a striker to create everything offensively.

Marcello
19 Mar 08, 10:54
i hate this talk .. why the **** didnt we get tevez then

ronaldinhiano
19 Mar 08, 14:27
What has Messi done this season thats so amazing? He scored some goals in the beginning of the season when Barca trashed some teams with 4-1 and 3-0 scores, and he scored some weeks ago in a 5-1 trashing. He has scored 3 goals since October in the league.

If you're saying that Messi is far better than Ibra then you're the one underrating Ibra and overrating Messi.

...or is he that much better because he scored against Celtic when Ibra failed to score against Liverpool?

and Aguero is alot better than Messi...

Great post :star:
Messi is great don't get me wrong but aside from helping his youth team win the U-21 tournament...he hasn't really been the driving force behind any real trophy haul the way Kaka, Ibra and CR7 have. Perhaps that's a little harsh to say since he's always injured but Ibra is as consistent as they come (excpet for Vieri) for Inter's strikers in the last 10+ years....maybe Crespo or Adriano were better classwise, but Ibra is definitely Inter's go-to man.

Ibra is great, fantastic even but to say he's world calss would demand that he really proves himself outside of Italy.....especially with surrounding allegations of inter's being favoured (which are all true btw :dielaugh: ).

Just as there are certain things Messi can do that Ibra can't like blow past defenders with sheer pace.....ther are things Messi can't do...like use his strenght to hold off defenders. This ability is crucual in Italy

Let him make top scorer in the CL....or even better WIN the CL (wishful thinking I know :D ) with Inter with a strong performance in the final and the tag will stick.....oh and by the way Ibra didn't win best striker in the CL....that was Kaka (who won best midfielder the year before :cool: )

In other news best midfielder was Seedorf and best defender was Nesta. Best player was voted Kaka (a real world class player) :stuckup:

minterke
19 Mar 08, 14:43
Man, Jimenez's been a better player this season than Kaka...please..

ronaldinhiano
19 Mar 08, 15:22
Man, Jimenez's been a better player this season than Kaka...please..
Very true...I mean he isn't anywhere close to Kaka in ability but for all the awards and hype that Kaka has gotten he has been playing rubbish. Pirlo was even worse :yuck:

I also don't understand why Inter and Milan fans have been knocking CR7.
CR7, Torres and Totti-Mancini are the best players in the world atm or have I been watching golf by accident :confused:

Mancini rightly tried to get the perfect partner in Suazo for Ibra....a striker who is supposed to be a good finisher and have a lot of pace. Unfortunately Suazo is crap. A striker like Aguero/Pato/Balotelli/Saviola is just what Ibra needs to shine.

Remember how great Ibra looked whenhe was at Juve withTrezuget....and he was slow....just imagine Ibra carving up the defenses and dishing to a speedy Aguero :eek: I still think that Mancini should have had more faith in Crespo though......in theory it would have at least been as good as Trez-Ibra

nutcracker
19 Mar 08, 17:36
Your an idiot... He's favourite to win the Ballon d'Or right now... he has 22 goals so far in the PL which makes him the competitions top scorer... and he's not even a striker. You obviously havent been watching him this season

C.Ronaldo > Ibra (this season...)

Sorry but you seems to not understand what I wrote you moron. I wrote that C.Ronaldo playstyle makes me puke and thats just my ****in opinion.

In the group stage, Zlatan was most effective player of Champions league, and I don't ****in care about PL. You say Zlatan is worst becouse you watch all Inter matches and you see his bad and good sides, but you don't watch PL and you hear only good things about C. Ronaldo. Time to grow up dude.

Luka
19 Mar 08, 18:35
Cristiano has what Zlatan, as people predict has, that is inability to excell in big games. He does his fancy tricks against weaker oppositions, but when he comes to very good side, with pretty decent defence he gets cripled more and more.

-> Milan games from last season.

minterke
19 Mar 08, 18:43
Well what he did to Roma is probably the biggest ass raping I've ever seen.

Luka
19 Mar 08, 18:45
Exception, prooving the rule ;)

A.l.i
19 Mar 08, 19:44
The bitch Any Gray said one thing in the Liverpool game which was sad to hear but true IMO:

"Ibrahimovic has scored only "1" goal against the top 7 teams in Serie A and that too was a penalty so it's pretty much obvious that he finds it hard to play against the very best".

ronaldinhiano
19 Mar 08, 19:59
The bitch Any Gray said one thing in the Liverpool game which was sad to hear but true IMO:

"Ibrahimovic has scored only "1" goal against the top 7 teams in Serie A and that too was a penalty so it's pretty much obvious that he finds it hard to play against the very best".Screw Andy Gray.....he is the most supremely biased excuse for a journalist that the brits could ever barf out.......he even gets the FIFA 08 commentary wrong :dielaugh: Didn't he predict an ALL English final last year :rolleyes: didn't Ibra score one against us too?

Adam
19 Mar 08, 21:52

"Ibrahimovic has scored only "1" goal against the top 7 teams in Serie A and that too was a penalty so it's pretty much obvious that he finds it hard to play against the very best".

1 goal against the top "7" teams.:howler: Don't know the guy but he's clearly a moron, even if that 7 was intended as a 4.

Enricos
19 Mar 08, 22:12
I have to agree with people saying Zlatan is being "burned"... The big problem at Inter is is that we clearly lacked an attacking midfielder last year too. The only difference was that Zlatan was able to cope with that, but we can't expect him to be doing a double task every year... He is getting tired and that is very, very normal... Give him some decent support and you WILL see a worldclass striker !