PDA

View Full Version : Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

InterDaBest
28 Sep 08, 01:23
Score a brace for us Ibra
You are the best

lonewolf19
28 Sep 08, 16:51
we need a top Ibra tonight. He tends to score/assist against Milan. Please repeat that again!!

flexalot
28 Sep 08, 20:44
That wasn't a very convincing performance tonight although he didn't get a lot to work with. He did have some chances though which he could of done better. But he mostly looked uninterested tonight and i can't really imagine how you are while playing a derby..

Azzkikr
28 Sep 08, 20:46
He was terrible, but not much to do really, he needs a partner in attack, not two wingers where especially one of them plays on a serie C2 level.

Kaka showed him tonight that he has alot to do before he can be considered amongst the absolut best.

brehme1989
28 Sep 08, 20:50
He was terrible? He was one of the best players in the game. So apparently the game was overall terrible and everybody pretty much sucked...

Adam
28 Sep 08, 21:17
"Kaka showed him." Laughable statement. You try putting Kaka with his back to goal with two defenders on him fighting for longballs, and see how well he does. Milan played better than Inter, and provided Kaka with the kind of balls that allowed him to use his quality, there's the difference.

Azzkikr
28 Sep 08, 21:23
They didnt provide kaka, kaka provided them.

No matter what you say, Kaka is in a whole different league than your boyfriend here.

Learn to live with it.

Adam
28 Sep 08, 21:30

No matter what you say, Kaka is in a whole different league than your boyfriend here.

Learn to live with it.

Amusing. I don't have to live with it because it's not true. Fact is Kaka hasn't won a scudetto since Ibra set foot in Italy. While Ibra has celebrated winning four, although he didn't actually get to keep two of them. So no matter what you, or the media say, I could care less. And maybe you have forgotten how Kaka basicly didn't do anything in the two derbies in 06/07 while Ibra did pretty damn well.

And for once, it would be nice if you stopped sucking oppositon players cocks, and instead give some support to our own, which I know you just hate to do, because last time I checked that's not the defintion of supporter.

minterke
28 Sep 08, 21:34
Zlatan wasn't good today, even though he didn't have the service he didn't involve himself in the game or cause too many problems for Maldini and co.

At least he wasn't as bad as Quaresma :yuck:

Kaka is just on a pedastle above Ibra, Ronaldinho, Quaresma etc.

Azzkikr
28 Sep 08, 21:34
So? He is still a far better and most importantly - more consistent player.

You dont win Ballon d'Or and FIFA world players of the year by only showing up for the half the games like your buddie here.

And ill support our own players when they start performing, which by the looks of it wont be anytime soon.

Kaka is just on a pedastle above Ibra, Ronaldinho, Quaresma etc.

:howler:

Adam
28 Sep 08, 21:43
So? He is still a far better and most importantly - more consistent player.

You dont win Ballon d'Or and FIFA world players of the year by only showing up for the half the games like your buddie here.
And ill support our own players when they start performing, which by the looks of it wont be anytime soon.

Actually you do, because that's exactly what he did that season. Great in CL, very poor in Serie A. Same thing last year, although he didn't even shine in CL that year.
Go check the Milan forums and see what a vast majority of Milanisti think of Kaka's consistency in the league.

No you won't, come on who are you triyng to kid? We had 17 consecutive victories on 06/07 and you weren't giving praise or support to any of our players. Your post match analysis consisted of 95% negativity. I guess, that's just where your perspective lies. What a sad little unforfilling life you must have. You should seriously consider anti-depressants and therapy. I think it could do you some good.

Azzkikr
28 Sep 08, 21:47
Hey, the anti-depressant "joke" is your boyfriend Tonyloo's, dont steal his stuff.

Adam
28 Sep 08, 22:01
Nah, I posted it first, maybe you didn't catch that post. Well too bad, because you missed a great one. :D Anyway, the fact that you're miserable is obvious to everybody so I don't see how it's stealing.

Azzkikr
28 Sep 08, 22:08
Ok dr.phill

Puma
29 Sep 08, 08:06

Learn to live with it.

Still sucking dick Asslicker? Keep up the good work. We appreciate your posts.

Ziyad
29 Sep 08, 09:14
I think Zlatan definately needs a partner upfront.He doesnt do well doule or triple teamed...Plus he didnt receive anything decent from midfield.He did have that marvelous chance though in which he could have buried it.It was almost similar to the one against Parma last year in the final game when you take a look at the space he had.Too bad the finishing wasnt...

Ziyad
29 Sep 08, 09:14
I think Zlatan definately needs a partner upfront.He doesnt do well doule or triple teamed...Plus he didnt receive anything decent from midfield.He did have that marvelous chance though in which he could have buried it.It was almost similar to the one against Parma last year in the final game when you take a look at the space he had.Too bad the finishing wasnt...

shahz_nerazzurri
29 Sep 08, 11:27
Kaka works more in big games that Ibra, who is constantly making it a habit of disappearing every time we play against a big team.
But I would never trade Ibra for Kaka. Ibra is much more consistent in the league, specially against smaller teams, and these performances against smaller teams are what makes you win the league.

Also lol@Azz's avatar.

Ziyad
29 Sep 08, 11:33
I think its unfair to compare them head to head when they play different positions.

To me Kaka is the better player for years now.What also makes things leaning towards him is how the team performs around him in these big games.Yesterday Milan had two players to pass the ball two that would get them out of any jam and create something upfront.

We dont have anyone like that for the time being and Ibra has to come out of the area to create for himself.I think if one of Mancini and Quaresma could have taken some of the load offensively we would see a better Ibra.Even though,against these big teams i want us to have some kind of threat from midfield along with someone helping Ibra out in the box.

rockball
29 Sep 08, 12:15
Same old story. No one to share the load with Zlatan.
Absolutely no one.

Luka
29 Sep 08, 13:17
I won't say about how he did or not, as many here already already said much, but I will just say I strongly dissagree, that Zlatan was unintested in this game, or whatever, how someone have said.

I clearly remember from the end of the game, when Abbiati got the ball, and Zlatan still (in this time) sprung to him, to try to press him, while Adri who had more energy, didn't do it, despite the fact, he was right next to Ibra.

You can say whatever you want about Ibra, but you can't say he was disinterested. He wanted to win this game.

And also one more thing. Kaka is offensive yes, but he is still playing in midfield department (at Milan, mostly), and midfield is much more VISABLE than attack. If the team is mostly deffending, playing counter, Zlatan is hardly noticable, because he gets the ball rarely. So it is hard for a person like that to make an IMPACT on a team. While a midfielders are in most of the game, because they are playing in a part of the field, where the most of the game is being played (usually, and definetly in most of the important games).

My point is, for Kaka it is easier to shine, than for Zlatan, because Kaka has more contact with the ball due to the position he plays.

CafeCordoba
29 Sep 08, 13:47
Zlatan can't play as lonely CF anymore. Regardless of his position he will roam everywhere trying to get the ball (he did that yesterday pretty much). When there aren't striker pair, there are just those wingers wherever they might be at that moment when Zlatan gets the ball. They aren't naturally going for goal (forward runs etc.) so Zlatan absolutely needs center forward to play with him. Mourinho needs to realize this as soon as possible so that Inter can get its act together fast.

Suneet
29 Sep 08, 15:06
Also lol@Azz's avatar.

I was expecting Mourinho's pic crossed out.:lol:

Luka
29 Sep 08, 15:07
With that I agree Cafe. I wanted to see it a little more, and I have, and I'm sorry but Ibra isn't the type of a player he should be to play there. He is still decent, he can do this job, but this is not the position that he can excell. Adriano there should be no question, as I've stated before the season. 2 wingers, and Ibra sounded good for hard games, but it is not convincable enough.

Forza ragazzi
29 Sep 08, 21:35
Disappointed about him squandering that immense chance in the second half.

A.l.i
30 Sep 08, 08:28
Zlatan can't play as lonely CF anymore. Regardless of his position he will roam everywhere trying to get the ball (he did that yesterday pretty much). When there aren't striker pair, there are just those wingers wherever they might be at that moment when Zlatan gets the ball. They aren't naturally going for goal (forward runs etc.) so Zlatan absolutely needs center forward to play with him. Mourinho needs to realize this as soon as possible so that Inter can get its act together fast.

CafeCordoba, if he's the complete striker, he should be able to do this job atleast a little efficiently but he just squanders chances + Adri looks like a player that would need many chances to score even a single goal. :stuckup:

Only Cruz fits the bill as the lonely CF imo. Adri has a long way to go.

CafeCordoba
30 Sep 08, 10:26
CafeCordoba, if he's the complete striker, he should be able to do this job atleast a little efficiently but he just squanders chances + Adri looks like a player that would need many chances to score even a single goal. :stuckup:

Only Cruz fits the bill as the lonely CF imo. Adri has a long way to go.

I didn't say anything about Adriano or Cruz. I just said Zlatan can't play as lonely striker. Cruz is best with Zlatan, Cruz as lonely striker is probably worse than Zlatan there as his technique isn't too as good.

A.l.i
01 Oct 08, 07:04
Atleast Cruz won't squander chances when played with RQ and Mancini.

Handoyo
01 Oct 08, 07:17
Atleast Cruz won't squander chances when played with RQ and Mancini.
Thing is, without Ibra on the pitch, RQ & Mancini won't even get the chance to create chances.

K.I.
01 Oct 08, 07:49
I personally think Cruz and Ibra should always play along with a winger...one of quaresma or mancini....and if cruz isnt starting then balotelli should start instead of him.

A.l.i
01 Oct 08, 15:34
Thing is, without Ibra on the pitch, RQ & Mancini won't even get the chance to create chances.

If only we had a creative midfielder.:stuckup:

Handoyo
01 Oct 08, 19:40
Speaking of which, the poll is definitely the most tightly contested one, ever. :)

Azzkikr
01 Oct 08, 20:44
What a game by Zlatan "big game choker" Ibrahimovic.tonight :howler:

Constantly dribbling when he should be passing, holding up the ball when he should be quickly passing to avoid offside, shooting when he shouldnt as well.

As usual he chokes when to opposition gets tougher... World class my ass.

But we have Bologna this weekend, he should be able to play well against such an opponent with a little luck.

Master Inter
01 Oct 08, 20:46
I want to punch Ibra in face now
He make me so mad :mad:

tonyloo
01 Oct 08, 20:47
Haha, christ. How is this a big game and how is this a decisive game? Your personal problems against him is just sad.

Azzkikr
01 Oct 08, 20:50
Its a fact he sucks against better opponents.

I didnt say this was a big or decisive game, i said it was against a "tougher" opponent. Learn to read coherently before you reply, boy.

Its no personal vendetta, i wish he really was as good as you swedish people make him, but sadly thats far from the truth.

rockball
01 Oct 08, 20:54
Why can't u understand that he isn't a typical CF and the role he played today wasn't familiar to him.
He would have been asked by Mourinho to be more selfish in goal. Its just not the right role for him.

Azzkikr
01 Oct 08, 20:57
What on earth are you talking about? Typical CF? What does that have to with him dribbling when he should be passing, shooting when he shouldnt and being way too selphish.

He didnt play "a new role". Do you even watch the games this season? The front 3 swap around constantly, there are no fixed positions in attack.

He chose to dribble constantly when he had obvious options to pass to create chances serveral times and he held up the ball so we ran into offside so he couldnt pass anyways several times as well.

tonyloo
01 Oct 08, 21:00
Ok, so the "Zlatan "big game choker"" comment was there because? Seems kind of missplaced if your going to critizise him for a game that isnt a big game.

and dont tell me that Bremen at home is tougher game than for example a game against Fiorentina or Udinese.

Azzkikr
01 Oct 08, 21:06
Well people where talking about which title he should on this forum, "Big game choker" is my contribution for a fitting title, nothing to do with the game, its just my little nickname for him.

And bremen are alot better than Udine or Viola.

tonyloo
01 Oct 08, 21:15
Well people where talking about which title he should on this forum, "Big game choker" is my contribution for a fitting title, nothing to do with the game, its just my little nickname for him.

And bremen are alot better than Udine or Viola.

They really arent. Hugely overrated team that hasnt won an away game in CL for centuries. Failed to advance from a group with Olympiacos and Lazio as their main opponents last season and they couldnt beat the whatever-team at home in the first round this season. Says it all really

A.l.i
02 Oct 08, 11:16
To me Zlatan is a player one level below players like Kaka.

Confusing things he did yesterday.

Hasan
02 Oct 08, 11:33
This forum becoming very annoying with some stubborn members who came here lately. They always posting same stuff, over and over again, nothing is good, coach, players, president, mercato, other members on forum etc.

They are also very stubborn or very stupid so no argument from other members can't be good.

And what is most annoying they are here very very often and they consider very big number of members like fan-boys, blind idiots etc. etc.

Benny has left, who is next?

Ajesh
02 Oct 08, 14:47
He doesnt choke or something. He just doesnt raises his level. He turns up in the important matches as if he is playing Lecce or Atalanta thinking that everything will come very easy to him. He has to realise that Big Teams have World Class defenders like Maldini etc and they play according to a plan against him.

He just needs to work harder.

Suneet
02 Oct 08, 14:57
To be honest he had decided yesterday that he will score a pretty goal... poor performance and had he decided to pass instead of going alone, we would have been talking about a different match.

Knowing him, the next game he plays, he will be exact opposite. He is what I would call flawed genius.

And Azz, I pity you.

Handoyo
02 Oct 08, 22:58
I really find it funny how people can criticize players like Zlatan or Henry a big game choker. wtf are they smoking, really?

The only world class player for me who have been a big game choker, as far as I can remember, is Vieri. But certainly not Zlatan or Henry.

K.I.
02 Oct 08, 23:05
Henry choked alot in big games...the uefa cup final against galatasaray...the game against Barca...

Handoyo
02 Oct 08, 23:09
Ya ya ya, how about the number of times he rescued Arse against Man Utd/Chelsea/Liverpool in the league? The hattrick against Roma? The way he destroyed us in San Siro?

What's the definition of a big game choker, someone who doesn't perform ALL the time when the team needs him? If it is that, name me one world class player who's not a 'big game choker.' :rolleyes:

K.I.
02 Oct 08, 23:21
Henry in the league was always great...he always sucked in Europe. And i never said that there is any player who doesnt choke in big games...i was argueing with your statement regarding henry...also same applies to vieri who scored many goals for us.

Handoyo
02 Oct 08, 23:32
Then it's settled, there is no such thing as a non-big-game-choker?

K.I.
02 Oct 08, 23:36
I never said there was, there are many players that sucked in many big matches, it doesnt mean they arent great players.

minterke
03 Oct 08, 02:36
Ya ya ya, how about the number of times he rescued Arse against Man Utd/Chelsea/Liverpool in the league? The hattrick against Roma? The way he destroyed us in San Siro?

What's the definition of a big game choker, someone who doesn't perform ALL the time when the team needs him? If it is that, name me one world class player who's not a 'big game choker.' :rolleyes:

I'm sorry but Ibra doesn't really play well when it matters most (except that Scudetto winning game which I'm forever grateful to him for). Henry was good against Madrid and even led Arsenal to the CL final that year almost single handedly. Henry was also good against Man Utd/Chelsea/Liverpool and scored sick fuckin goals against them.

Ibra still has yet to prove to us that he can spank teams other than CSKA and Fenerbahce in the CL and play good against Juventus.

shahz_nerazzurri
03 Oct 08, 03:58
Vieri was never a big game choker, neither was Henry, and nor is C.Ronaldo.

These are usually the labels given to these players by their haters, when they cant find anything else to degrade them.

Vieri always worked well for Italy in the World cup, it was his performance against Valencia, that made us go through to our only CL semi-final appearance in the past decade. Came in the second half 2 years later against the same opposition, and helped Adriano tear them a new hole @ Mestalla. Great came back against Jube for 2-2, scored a goal and set up another one, after coming on as a sub. Sole goal vs Milan, in the season which we were supposed to win the Scudetto. Last gasp equaliser against Jube for a 1-1 draw. Tons of other goals vs Roma, or against Cragnotti's Lazio. I just dont get it how people can say Vieri was a big game choker? His only criticism could be he never really worked in the Milan derby, otherwise I wont say he was a big game choker.

C.Ronaldo, its not even worth replying to those people who think he is a big game choker. I hate him, he is an arrogant cunt, who will hopefully run out of pace this year. But if he is a big game choker, can I pls have 11 big game chokers in my team?

Henry, towards the beginning of his career, never really worked in Europe. Not a big game choker by any means, and at the latter stage with Arsenal, he started working in the CL as well.

The only three real big game chokers I know are Delpiero, Totti and sadly Ibrahimovic.
Delpiero and Totti have done nothing outside Italy, nothing with the Italian Nt as well. Same with Ibra, put him against a top quality European opposition, and Ibra-cadabra, he disappears.

I dont want 10 different posts, on how Ibra won us the Scudetto, yes he did, and no one is denying that. You win the Scudetto by getting those valuable 3 pointers against lower teams, and thats what Ibra helps us do. And I wont exchange him for any player in the world (well maybe except messi).

rockball
03 Oct 08, 09:00
I won't blame Zlatan for not performing in the Liverpool or some other games. You cannot expect him to carry the entire team by himself and there is absolutely no one from midfield supporting him. Seeing even a few mins of the Liverpool drives me sick. It was an absolutely disgraceful performance even before we were disadvantaged.

tonyloo
03 Oct 08, 09:20
C.Ronaldo, its not even worth replying to those people who think he is a big game choker. I hate him, he is an arrogant cunt, who will hopefully run out of pace this year. But if he is a big game choker, can I pls have 11 big game chokers in my team?

The only three real big game chokers I know are Delpiero, Totti and sadly Ibrahimovic.
Delpiero and Totti have done nothing outside Italy, nothing with the Italian Nt as well. Same with Ibra, put him against a top quality European opposition, and Ibra-cadabra, he disappears.

I dont want 10 different posts, on how Ibra won us the Scudetto, yes he did, and no one is denying that. You win the Scudetto by getting those valuable 3 pointers against lower teams, and thats what Ibra helps us do. And I wont exchange him for any player in the world (well maybe except messi).

Well, Ibra did score against the European Champions Greece and against the soon to be European Champions Spain. He's decided a Milan derby and has been good in 3 of the 4 he's played. He was usually pretty good against big teams with Juve aswell, I remember some games against us and his games against Real Madrid in CL.

Ronaldo is a big game choker, that's a fact, 4 goals in 11 games against Arsenal in all comps (2 was penalties), 1 in 8 against Liverpool and 1 in 13 against Chelsea(not 100% sure, found stats from January and added the latest games, might have missed some). 6 goals in 32 games right? Compare that to his stats against Wigan, Fulham and Reading. His stats isnt really the important thing here, the important thing is that he's usually not visible at all, he doesnt contribute.

He choked in the semi final against Barca, missed a penalty and was removed by an average Zambrotta. Scored a goal against Chelsea though(big mistake from the not so good rightback Essien), but after his first 15 minutes he went completely missing, missed a penalty again to further prove his weak character. I dont have to mention his joke of a performance against Milan the year before. His performance in the Euros is never mentioned, maybe that's because no one saw him there.

If your going to call Ibra a big game choker, please dont bring up Ronaldo as an example of a player that's doing it better, because he clearly isnt.

Ajesh
03 Oct 08, 10:36
C Ronaldo and Ibra both underperform when pitted against World Class Defenders. Come to think of it almost every one in the world does.

Thats why players like Kaka and Messi command such high respect. They make it happen irrespective of their opponents.

We have to learn to live with it.:D

kylan05
03 Oct 08, 10:37
Happy birthday, Zlatan!

Stefan
03 Oct 08, 12:17
Happy bday Zlatan.

interlab
03 Oct 08, 13:51
Happy bday Zlatan

Alessandro
03 Oct 08, 14:05
HB ibra! =)

rockball
03 Oct 08, 14:20
Happy birthday Zlatan. Your best is yet to come.

A.l.i
03 Oct 08, 16:36
I don't think he will, depends on how well the new system works out.

flexalot
03 Oct 08, 19:10
Gratz Zlatan!

A.l.i
04 Oct 08, 16:20
Happy B-Day !

lonewolf19
04 Oct 08, 17:20
Happy bday Zlatan

Forza ragazzi
04 Oct 08, 20:27
Great goal, but I'm extremely disappointed with his missed chances.

Stefan
04 Oct 08, 20:38
He scored the difficult one and missed all the sitters.

Suneet
04 Oct 08, 20:46
Best goal of his career probably.

He should have had a hatrick easily, guess thats why he doesnt get close to the golden ball. Had a brilliant game, but he needs to take more chances... consistantly wins us games against the weaker teams.

minterke
04 Oct 08, 20:48
He should dedicate that goal to Bobby Mancini.

Suneet
04 Oct 08, 20:52
He should dedicate that goal to Bobby Mancini.

That aint gonna happen, it was his bday, so probably he will dedicate it to himself.:dielaugh:

Thug_Paco
04 Oct 08, 21:38
Best goal of his career probably.

Certainly not, the Maradona one he scored for Ajax against Nac will probably never get beaten.

But certainly in his top 5 without a doubt.

Alex de Large
04 Oct 08, 23:42
1# ZgqsaDnsEq8

2# wsGlgKeGV5s (a monster goal vs Roma with Rube)

3# _Q723gZDWkA

4# Q_91SWckynI (similar of the one of today)

5# vewlWDw7fgU (poor Parma, they are total victims of the guy, he always score great and important goals against them)

6# today's?

7# JwG3uQveVOw (min. 4:00)

8# JwG3uQveVOw (opening goal vs celta, autopass)

J-AX
04 Oct 08, 23:54
Il Genio//Ibracadabra huumm hard to chose :)

snake
05 Oct 08, 03:06
Mama mia che goal

lonewolf19
05 Oct 08, 05:29
what a goal
only if he can score some easy ones too :)

Ziyad
05 Oct 08, 05:38
Zlatan should have ended up with a hatrick yesterday.We need to finish these easy ones.Imagine if we didnt get that penalty and Bologna were successful pulling one back,it would have been a tragedy..

The goal was absolutely fantastic but the easy ones need to be buried too..

CafeCordoba
05 Oct 08, 09:50
Has someone seen/heard the interview of Zlatan after the match? Can someone confirm he said this something like this:

"I should not think about these goals but rather score them; it was an easy goal for me," said the the hit-man.
"I have been working really hard to improve and I am satisfied. However my knee does hurt me."

Since this is from goal.com I don't trust them and their translations, that's why I want a confirmation from somewhere else.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=896710

The_Emperor
05 Oct 08, 10:04
Has someone seen/heard the interview of Zlatan after the match? Can someone confirm he said this something like this:

"I should not think about these goals but rather score them; it was an easy goal for me," said the the hit-man.
"I have been working really hard to improve and I am satisfied. However my knee does hurt me."

Since this is from goal.com I don't trust them and their translations, that's why I want a confirmation from somewhere else.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=896710

Nothing about it on Inter.it nor in swedish newspapers. Seems that goal made that one up.

CafeCordoba
05 Oct 08, 10:10
Nothing about it on Inter.it nor in swedish newspapers. Seems that goal made that one up.

They don't just "made them up", but they twist the words or translate poorly so that's why it would be good the hear the opinion of someone who have actually heard the interview.

Wallace
05 Oct 08, 11:22
I doubt Zlatan could have done that acrobatic move in scoring the goal if his knee is still hurting..

But hey, that's Zlatan...:P

brehme1989
05 Oct 08, 13:57
Zlatan's goals are always a joy to watch

Suneet
05 Oct 08, 14:44
Well, if its hurting he better rest and not go play for Sweden. IMO he should know best, no point taking the risk of injuring himself.

Puma
05 Oct 08, 15:04
Zlatan = magic.

A.l.i
05 Oct 08, 16:28
Great goal today.

kova9
05 Oct 08, 18:06
Only Ibra can do that! Give him ballon d'or!

lonewolf19
06 Oct 08, 11:58
God, this is like the 10000th time
FFS, get a life and move on. Stop jacking off Ibra

Silvio admits Ibra regrets

Milan chief Silvio Berlusconi has expressed his regret that he failed to sign Zlatan Ibrahimovic in the summer of 2006.

Zlatan scored a fantastic goal in Inter's win over Bologna this weekend, while Milan's stars failed to get past Cagliari.

And Berlusconi again spoke of how close Ibra came to wearing the Rossoneri shirt when he left Juventus after the Calciopoli scandal.

“I didn't see Ibrahimovic's goal but I have been told about it,” Berlusconi said to the Corriere dello Sport.

“It sounds like the goal of a great champion and a player that we wanted here at Milan in the past.

“In fact we even reached an agreement to sign him, but then there was the eight-point deduction saga.

“We weren't certain that we would be able to play in the Champions League and so the deal didn't go through.

“Obviously that was a disappointment because I saw the potential that he has now shown.

“He would have been an extra champion in a squad that has many champions and always will have.”

Suneet
06 Oct 08, 15:27
He said that after coming out of a night club with some chics who were quarter his age. Must be drunk, no wonder he didnt spot Dinho.

A.l.i
06 Oct 08, 16:57
Only Ibra can do that! Give him ballon d'or!

Big games??

achilles
06 Oct 08, 17:33
Every game is a big game!

Look at Juve, Roma, Milan, suffering against Siena, Palermo, Bologna!

Those are the points that win us the league year after year! Of course I want to beat Juve, Milan and Roma twice each, but that is just icing on the cake. We become champs by taking all opponents seriously.

But yeah, Zlatan could have had a hattrick!

mexican_azzurri
07 Oct 08, 22:44
Goals of "taco" like Ibra:

http://www.as.com/futbol/videogaleria/javier-zanetti-exclusiva/dasftb/20081007dasdasftb_1/Zes/

Mancio goal is awesome....

snake
08 Oct 08, 22:42
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=580125&sec=england&cc=3436

fugi
11 Oct 08, 10:50
zlatan has been appointed captain in the game vs portugal tonight :boogy:

Suneet
11 Oct 08, 11:20
Strange news, I thought he had a big problem with the FA. All of a sudden he is now captain?

The_Emperor
11 Oct 08, 12:21
Nah, quite the opposite. They butt kiss him all the time.

Stefan
13 Oct 08, 11:08
As much as I like Ibra I just can't see it.

Ibra Tells Mourinho: I Want To Be Captain

Inter striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has laid his eyes on team mate Javier Zanetti's captain's armband as he sees himself becoming the new leader at San Siro...

»Comments (18) (http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=909669#Comm)
Print This Story (javascript:self.print();)
Send To A Friend (http://www.goal.com/UserControlsV2_5/#)
Contact Us (http://www.goal.com/UserControlsV2_5/#)

http://i.media.goal.com/g/177_thumb.jpg galleria (http://www.goal.com/en/MediaImagesGallery.aspx?Id=36818) zoom (http://www.goal.com/UserControlsV2_5/#)

http://www.goal.com/images/26387_thumb.jpg (http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=909669#)
http://www.goal.com/images/26413_thumb.jpg (http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=909669#)
http://www.goal.com/images/26362_thumb.jpg (http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=909669#)

The big Sweden international has been outstanding for his club so far this term and he has performed well for his country where he has been captain.

Ibra is now eyeing the captaincy at Inter and he has dropped a massive hint to coach Jose Mourinho in an attempt to become team leader at San Siro.

"It was an honour to captain Sweden," said the hit-man.

"Now I would like to become the captain at Inter as well."

Ibrahimovic is likely to start against Roma this weekend as he attempts to fire his side to more points as they tag along the Scudetto road, but he is unlikely to be wearing the captain's armband.

Meanwhile, the Nerazzurri will be without Patrick Vieira who suffered an injury while playing for France over the weekend.The Beneamata are joint top of Serie A and they will be hoping to start moving away from the chasing pack.

Salvatore Landolina

The_Emperor
13 Oct 08, 12:20
I would much rather prefer Cambiasso, and maybe Maicon as a VC in the future.

snake
13 Oct 08, 12:31
:D

Let's be honest, Zlatan has almost single-handedly led us to 2 scudetto's in a row, so if anyone knows about leading the team it's him. However, he is probably too temperamental and his mentality drops when thing's arent going right. The type of player that captains is one that should lift when everyone else drops, give the team hope and belief.

But to be honest, I would never rule him out. If he stay's long enough when Cordoba, Zanetti and Matrix are all gone, would you honestly be suprised if you saw him wearing it? I wouldnt. But also, we have a team with many idolo's, JC, Maicon, Cambiasso all have a chance too.

nutcracker
13 Oct 08, 12:53
Cordoba will propably retire around time when Zanetti does. Hard to say really who should be captain after him.
Cambiasso and Zlatan are both good pretendents.
Cambiasso is very calm but Zlatan did so much for us last 2 seasons and it's not like hes loosing control on himself neither.
Hard decision really.
First I thought Cambiasso would be perfect next captain but now after I thought about it, I'm not so sure about that.

lonewolf19
13 Oct 08, 13:15
Zlatan temperment has been a lot better recently. He doesnt get stupid red cards anymore and sometimes we need captain with temperament. Look at Vieira for France.

Stefan
13 Oct 08, 13:33
Cambiasso and Stankovic are both ahead of zlatan unless the club decides to change the policy of following tradition and giving the armband to the longest serving player.

josipva
13 Oct 08, 14:26
Cambiasso and Stankovic are both ahead of zlatan unless the club decides to change the policy of following tradition and giving the armband to the longest serving player.

thats correct but that decision is also influenced with how regulary can that player play, since stankovic seems to be a sub now most likely candidate is cambiasso

A.l.i
13 Oct 08, 14:29
Stankovic our captain?? :howler:

Forza ragazzi
13 Oct 08, 15:04
Don't really a contemporary issue this :D but to those critical of Ibra, he has matured a lot, even while at Inter. The captain's armband can shape up rebels and I don't doubt that Ibra would take even more responsibility if he ever became our captain.

fugi
13 Oct 08, 15:46
and to be honest, he didnt say he wanted zanettis armband, he said that he would woundt say no if morinho wanted him...

Hammoudi
13 Oct 08, 16:41
Let's be honest, JZ isn't that effective as a captain and neither would Cambiasso, they are too nice. Cordoba would be excellent, but like someone said, he will retire around same time as JZ. Stan? No comments and Maicon is too much of a clown.

I remember last year when we almost lost the championship because Materazzi thought he was bigger than the team and fought off Cruz for the PK. If Zlatan was the captain, he'd tell him to fuck off and let Cruz take the PK.

Keane and Vieira were both effective and confrontational leaders. Zlatan wouldn't have a problem to confront any of his teammate if they fark up.

rockball
13 Oct 08, 16:42
There are players who perform better when entrusted with such responsibility. Zlatan could be one of them. He is already a leader with his relations with Adriano and all. Also its very evident on the pitch every time we score how the other players rush to him.

Suneet
13 Oct 08, 19:51
You can give the armband to anyone, Mourinho will always be the captain. :D
Fact is I'd love to give the armband to Ibra, but we dont need captains who are hotheads tbh.

I dont want him to get unnecessary yellow cards for complaining, he isnt most loved by the refs anyways. We need someone diplomatic like El Cuchu.

VLE
14 Oct 08, 01:16
I remember last year when we almost lost the championship because Materazzi thought he was bigger than the team and fought off Cruz for the PK. If Zlatan was the captain, he'd tell him to fuck off and let Cruz take the PK.

Zlatan would tell both of them to fuck off and take PK himself, as well as FK.

Vieri captained us from time to time, but he did not add much to the field leadership wise. Being dominant on the field doesn't always equal to organizing and bringing team together.

Another thing, he is already attacked a lot by refs, I don't want to fuel the heat by giving him the captain spot, and make him and ref confront each other even more.

cloudq
14 Oct 08, 12:10
Stankovic our captain?? :howler:

maybe someone has a very shallow memory

deki has the heart of a lion and gives 110% even when its total crap at times

La Brujita
14 Oct 08, 12:58
I don't like the idea of Deki as a captain, he gives 110% when he plays for us, but shouldn't be our captain. Our captain should be someone like Cambiasso or Zlatan, those who have more impact on the team.

IMO it should be after Zanetti

Cambiasso, Zlatan, Maicon.

(I don't like Matrix as a captain. I don't like Cordoba either.)

brehme1989
14 Oct 08, 14:49
Add a poll for whether Zlatan is suited for captaincy ;)

I say he is a good choice since giving him the armband will make him stay for many years! :D

But I prefer Cambiasso and even Samuel over him. Cordoba unfortunately is a no choice since he probably will retire at the same time as Zanetti. Materazzi, Adriano, Maicon, Julio Cesar, Chivu or Muntari are not players I see as future captains.

There's also the chance that our future captain is not at the club yet. Or maybe Balotelli will become captain in 3-4 years :P

A.l.i
14 Oct 08, 14:55
maybe someone has a very shallow memory

deki has the heart of a lion and gives 110% even when its total crap at times

I think I know that someone.

Deki may give 110 %, he just doesn't seem to be a first team player now. He can enjoy his last months with us.

14 Oct 08, 16:34
If we r to talk of captaincy, I wud like to throw another hat in the ring - what do u ppl make off JC as captain??

Suneet
14 Oct 08, 16:41
JC is calm enough, but El Cuchu is still the fav

achilles
17 Oct 08, 05:29
Why was I not informed of this video!

Zlatan on UEFA Training Ground? Awesome, esp. Ibra's english commentary!

http://www.uefa.com/trainingground/index.html#34004/2048/570507

La Brujita
18 Oct 08, 21:44
I think either this or next game against Jube will be the big game which he performs well at. Hopefully it'll be Jube's. God, I'm still upset about Camo's offside!

Azzkikr
19 Oct 08, 11:37
erm ok..

Handoyo
19 Oct 08, 20:17
Still not a big game player. Playing against Roma in the Olimpico is not a big game since Roma is still so far down the table.

But if we play away to 1st/2nd place Palermo in 06/07 and he scored, that's still not a big game either.

What a choker.

Azzkikr
19 Oct 08, 20:21
1 out of a million.

tonyloo
19 Oct 08, 20:33
Yeah, his goals against Milan was when they were midtable aswell. That Milan team being the CL winning team that year doesnt matter.

Forza ragazzi
19 Oct 08, 20:49
Regardless of one's stance in the choker/non-choker discussion, one has to recognize his great performance tonight. Juan said he could stop Ibra, I say he wasn't nowhere near during the whole match. Ibra could've scored four tonight if he wanted to.

Ilkinio
19 Oct 08, 21:06
Ibra choked in small games too. So, i guess it's not about big games. It is just about in which state of mind he is in that particular moment.

cloudq
19 Oct 08, 23:41
reminds me of a similar someone named recoba but at least his down turns didnt last tens of matches

great performance from ibra, but in general mexes and panucci really gave the game away 2 weeks ago for getting red carded against whoever they were playing

Ilkinio
19 Oct 08, 23:50
We played without our 1,2,3,4 choice defenders forever. So, it's not an excuse.

lonewolf19
19 Oct 08, 23:53
Regardless of one's stance in the choker/non-choker discussion, one has to recognize his great performance tonight. Juan said he could stop Ibra, I say he wasn't nowhere near during the whole match. Ibra could've scored four tonight if he wanted to.

I would love to see Juan reaction after Ibra second goal. Ibra totally owned him that time.
Grazie!

Alex de Large
20 Oct 08, 00:10
Fortunately Zlatan is not similar to Recoba in terms of choking.

mexican_azzurri
20 Oct 08, 02:52
This guy was amazing this match, i want more :D

cloudq
20 Oct 08, 06:48
We played without our 1,2,3,4 choice defenders forever. So, it's not an excuse.

im pretty sure cordoba-chivu central pairing is still third choice behind cordoba-samuel and cordoba-materazzi...

roma's defense might as well be have been decimated, unfit juan + loria (who the fuck is loria??), come on man, it was a cakewalk

id have called it a failure if we didnt score 3 or more goals

Handoyo
20 Oct 08, 08:31
1 out of a million.
You mean your prediction, right?

"Let's see how you clueless idiots react after Roma thrash us after the week-long international break."

And of course, you just swept in under the rug now and you've succeeded in seeking our attention anyway so that was enough to give you an orgasm.

Luka
20 Oct 08, 09:19
double.

Luka
20 Oct 08, 09:19
I jumped on a bandwagon of our forums biggest hater a long time ago, and I don't change my tune now. Not a bit, Ah-uh, no way, nope. Not a zip.

We should just sell him.

Suneet
20 Oct 08, 16:06
Big game choker whatever.

As long as he keeps winning Scudetti for us, we really shoudnt bother what everyone else says.

mexican_azzurri
22 Oct 08, 04:48
The guy need take a rest, we dont need another injury.

lonewolf19
22 Oct 08, 08:53
The guy need take a rest, we dont need another injury.

we will rest him after we qualify for the CL

Suneet
22 Oct 08, 15:05
I'm worried about that too. But Mou will make him play every game he said it.

Luka
22 Oct 08, 16:22
He didn't say only that.

He said he will play Ibra as long, as Ibra won't go to him, and tell Jose something is wrong, or he needs a rest. He said, as long as a player comes to me and says "coach I want to play, no problem", he will play. So when Ibra will feel he needs a rest, Jose will give him a rest. But as of now, I see clearly that Ibra is very close to reaching his top form, the one he had like in the middle of the first season.

mexican_azzurri
22 Oct 08, 18:26
He didn't say only that.

He said he will play Ibra as long, as Ibra won't go to him, and tell Jose something is wrong, or he needs a rest. He said, as long as a player comes to me and says "coach I want to play, no problem", he will play. So when Ibra will feel he needs a rest, Jose will give him a rest. But as of now, I see clearly that Ibra is very close to reaching his top form, the one he had like in the middle of the first season.

I agree with that but what player dont want play every match??, Mourinho should give to him a rest, the match of today is not too complicated like bremen in germany....

nutcracker
22 Oct 08, 20:46
Well, actualy it was quite difficult match. When whole team defends all the time, its hard to find any hole in the defense so all you need to count on is some magic.

Hammoudi
22 Oct 08, 20:51
I jumped on a bandwagon of our forums biggest hater a long time ago, and I don't change my tune now. Not a bit, Ah-uh, no way, nope. Not a zip.

We should just sell him.

I don't want to be a bandwagon jumper either, but that wasn't what I exactly call a big game.

They are 7th or 10th and their defence was dissimated. If Zlatan takes us past CL QF's and drops a winning brace against Juve/Milan in important games (not for pride only) in a consistent basis, then I'd call him a big game perfomer.

This is not to say he isn't improving, his brace against Parma was as important as they come. But more is surely needed to lift the choker tag.

tonyloo
22 Oct 08, 21:06
Choker as in cant lift an Inter on his own against top quality teams in Europe without any support from midfield or fullbacks? Because that's how it has looked most of the times under Mancini against big teams.

This guy must have the highest expectations of any player in any team since Maradona in Napoli. Everyone looks at him, expects him to do it, and doesnt care what the other players do, it has even looked like our players have acted that naive aswell.

Ever noticed how the fucking games have looked? It's not Inter playing well and Ibra playing bad, it's not Inter creating chances and Ibra wasting them. It has been Ibra doing what he can on his own without any support against 2 centerbacks and 1 defensive midfielder.

Azzkikr
22 Oct 08, 22:48
Zlatan was perhaps our worst player today.

I wonder if mr.inconsistent will ever have two good games in a row.

Ilkinio
22 Oct 08, 22:53
Bologna and Roma? Panathinaikos and Torino?
But, whatever makes u happy...

mexican_azzurri
23 Oct 08, 04:18
Choker as in cant lift an Inter on his own against top quality teams in Europe without any support from midfield or fullbacks? Because that's how it has looked most of the times under Mancini against big teams.

This guy must have the highest expectations of any player in any team since Maradona in Napoli. Everyone looks at him, expects him to do it, and doesnt care what the other players do, it has even looked like our players have acted that naive aswell.

Ever noticed how the fucking games have looked? It's not Inter playing well and Ibra playing bad, it's not Inter creating chances and Ibra wasting them. It has been Ibra doing what he can on his own without any support against 2 centerbacks and 1 defensive midfielder.

Take it easy...we know that ibra is awesome but nothing one expect that ibra be a maradona or pelé, thats much for him or another player....

achilles
23 Oct 08, 06:11
tonyloo has it right. It is right to expect a lot from Zlatan, but to STILL call him any kind of choker is ridiculous. He thrives under pressure. He was substituted on in the Parma game in the 52nd minute, and scored less than 10 minutes later!

He won two league titles with Ajax. Has won two Scudetto with Inter. Playing a very important position.

CafeCordoba
23 Oct 08, 08:12
Bologna and Roma? Panathinaikos and Torino?
But, whatever makes u happy...

Well, that is just amazing he has been able to play two consecutive matches well. Wow. You expect 10m€/y player to perform at the top level most of the season and not just in streaks (3 games here, 2 games there).

I mean, Zlatan really needs to step up. He was great against Roma, yes. Now he sucked again. If he's great again in next two games and sucks after that, it's not acceptable. 2/3 is not an acceptable rate of performing.

brehme1989
23 Oct 08, 08:32
Here in Cyprus everyone thought it would be Ibrahimovic Vs Anorthosi. Even the team's players thought that by restricting Zlatan they'd get a positive result here! He was the main man they marked and he was always isolated against 2-3 players while others were free. Zlatan unfortunately needs to beat 5 men in order to get a chance on his own, and he never gets the credit for trying, but when he actually achieves it, he's suddenly called the best! Can't you see that it's always the case, but some times he manages it and some times not?

Forza ragazzi
23 Oct 08, 08:40
Well, that is just amazing he has been able to play two consecutive matches well. Wow. You expect 10m€/y player to perform at the top level most of the season and not just in streaks (3 games here, 2 games there).

I mean, Zlatan really needs to step up. He was great against Roma, yes. Now he sucked again. If he's great again in next two games and sucks after that, it's not acceptable. 2/3 is not an acceptable rate of performing.

You're a bit harsh, imo. Yes, we can expect more, but he was surrounded for the whole match by Famagusta players.

Ilkinio
23 Oct 08, 08:57

He is MOM for more than half of our matches. It's enough for me. There are hardly 3-4 players that our doing that for their teams in top leagues.

tonyloo
23 Oct 08, 08:58

What? Are you retarded? Take a look at the famous Goal Scorers and Assist-Men thread. The Gazzetta official ratings thread is also quiet usefull if your brain has stopped working, MOM in 5 och 9 games and by far the highest average rating, in top of both the goal and assist rank.

Like I said, people expects him to be Maradona, he's not.

snake
23 Oct 08, 09:02
Fuck it, I resorted to only reading and refrained from posting in these threads because of imbeciles, but now I will refrain from reading it altogether.

Your just a bunch of ungrateful assholes looking to complain about anything, go get a fucking life.

Benny and Pabs cant be far away maybe I can still catch up, Goodbye.

Luka
23 Oct 08, 10:42
I don't want to be a bandwagon jumper either, but that wasn't what I exactly call a big game.

Where did I indicate that Hammoudi ? :)

They are 7th or 10th and their defence was dissimated. If Zlatan takes us past CL QF's and drops a winning brace against Juve/Milan in important games (not for pride only) in a consistent basis, then I'd call him a big game perfomer.

This is not to say he isn't improving, his brace against Parma was as important as they come. But more is surely needed to lift the choker tag.
Agreed 110%.

lonewolf19
23 Oct 08, 11:27
guys learn to appreciate. Zlatan is doing more than enough atm

cloudq
23 Oct 08, 13:15
hey if zlatan can only kill small teams, id still keep him because its killing small teams that win scudettos

Suneet
23 Oct 08, 16:05
hey if zlatan can only kill small teams, id still keep him because its killing small teams that win scudettos

Good point, but apparently they want him to be cr7 of last season in every game.

fugi
23 Oct 08, 16:27
imo zlatan was mom in the last game also, he set up his team mates for loads of chances, also he crossed the ball lovley to maicom at the goal.

Handoyo
23 Oct 08, 21:35
He was the main man they marked and he was always isolated against 2-3 players while others were free. Zlatan unfortunately needs to beat 5 men in order to get a chance on his own, and he never gets the credit for trying, but when he actually achieves it, he's suddenly called the best! Can't you see that it's always the case, but some times he manages it and some times not?
We don't agree that often but I'm completely with you in this one.

mexican_azzurri
24 Oct 08, 06:44
tonyloo has it right. It is right to expect a lot from Zlatan, but to STILL call him any kind of choker is ridiculous. He thrives under pressure. He was substituted on in the Parma game in the 52nd minute, and scored less than 10 minutes later!

He won two league titles with Ajax. Has won two Scudetto with Inter. Playing a very important position.

Between be a wonderful player and be God of football exist a big wall, zlatan is a winner, have talent, is one of the best players of the world in his position but dont have the talent to pelé or maradona.

Anyway i like how play ibra...

damn...i sound like messi or aguero fans...

rockball
24 Oct 08, 08:39
Damn..you sound like you are not making any sense.

addo
24 Oct 08, 10:15
Ibra did good in this last game.

He was marked by 11 players and still managed to show his skill. In these types of games when the opposition marks him with 2-3 players constantly you cant expect him to work his magics, what he does do even without doing anything by himself is freeing up space for his co-players. It is THEM that must take advantage of this freespace, not Ibra. And even though all this he managed to do some really nice things, he set up Adrianos goal with a nice cross to Mancini he set upp both Quaresma and Maicon (i think?) in the end and generally did a good job throughout the game.

And am i the only one that has noticed that in the games where he gets marked like this and cant play in the way that he want/can he has a very different approach when comparing to previous seasons? He works harder for the team now whereas in previous seasons he got frustrated and dissapeared totally from games.

I think we can thank Mourinho for this.

mexican_azzurri
25 Oct 08, 04:18
Damn..you sound like you are not making any sense.

About:
a)Ibra
b)messi fans
c)all

:grumpy:.............:)

Alessandro
25 Oct 08, 10:53
Ibra is about to be the highest paid player in Europe. Another Boasting attribute for the club. I'm glad we have locked him up till 2013.

Handoyo
25 Oct 08, 10:56
Am I dreaming?

Why are we renewing his contract once every 3 months? :wth: Does Moratti really have that much cash that he doesn't know how to spend it?

Hammoudi
25 Oct 08, 11:27
We are just desparate to keep him. As great as Ibra is, there is no way on earth that he deserves to be the highest paid player in Europe.

We again just overpay our stars. He has to be a heck better to deserve this astronomical wage. Only players I can think of that deserve such wage are Kaka, Messi and maybe CR7 but no way Ibra! We are just inflating his ego more and more.

K.I.
25 Oct 08, 12:15
First of all nothing is official, second of all this figure i think if indeed his contract gets extended will only be reached if certain goals are accomplished, like winning the CL, scudetto etc..

Suneet
25 Oct 08, 12:32
Not worth it, but fact is he is winning us trophies, so Moratti cant say no. Basically we are going to keep him till he retires.

Executioner93
25 Oct 08, 12:36
We are just desparate to keep him. As great as Ibra is, there is no way on earth that he deserves to be the highest paid player in Europe.

We again just overpay our stars. He has to be a heck better to deserve this astronomical wage. Only players I can think of that deserve such wage are Kaka, Messi and maybe CR7 but no way Ibra! We are just inflating his ego more and more.

As much as I love Ibra and know next winter he will be the Ballon'D'or winner I agree with you 100%. There's no reason for us to pay him such an increase in his wages, as you said it just keeps on building up his ego. Which is about the only thing from making his go to that next level and do it on a consistent basis game after game.

rockball
25 Oct 08, 14:09
Why do these contract extensions keep happening every month?

I don't like comparisons but then atm he is far more important to us than Kaka or Ronaldo to their clubs.

CafeCordoba
25 Oct 08, 15:50
Only positive thing of this extension is that if for some reason Zlatan would want to buy out his contract at some point during his contract, he is able to do that after two years from this moment (2010), and he would have to pay ~36m€ to Inter (3y * ~12M€). Don't see any other positive things about this.

Actually, it's two whole seasons, or exactly two years, meaning he can move to another club on January 2011 at the earliest. And I'm not sure about that figure, how media can know these figures? Like someone mentioned, that figure probably includes bonuses related to Inter's success and Zlatan's personal success.

lonewolf19
26 Oct 08, 01:45
Guys I think they are just pure BS
There are no official contract renewal from inter.it

Hasan
26 Oct 08, 07:56

Life before and life after Ibra for Inter fans, is that even comparable? I agree that is huge money but he's one of a kind. He's definitely top five in the world and he deserves every penny.

And C.Ronaldo doesn't have a ego? Kaka belongs to Jesus and that's a reason why he's so calm, Messi got 12 millions from Barca too latest reports).

Azzkikr
26 Oct 08, 16:38
Not his best game today, but still decent apart from the freekicks.

Not much support in attack for him.

Adam
26 Oct 08, 16:48
Life before and life after Ibra for Inter fans, is that even comparable? I agree that is huge money but he's one of a kind. He's definitely top five in the world and he deserves every penny.

And C.Ronaldo doesn't have a ego? Kaka belongs to Jesus and that's a reason why he's so calm, Messi got 12 millions from Barca too latest reports).

:dielaugh: Good post but the bolded part is too funny. :D

Luka
26 Oct 08, 18:39
Another time, we see why papers are just load of crap.

OFFICIAL!!! (inter.it)

My contract? "Last year I signed until 2013. For the details you'll have to talk to my agent."
I think that's case closed.

Forza ragazzi
27 Oct 08, 10:23
When he is doing well he is an ace, but yesterday I was very unhappy with him. He stopped every attack because he wanted the ball at his feet, then to turn around and stop the fluency. Ok, not much support and I have to say Genoa did extremely well, I knew we would struggle right away. But he was incredibly ineffective yesterday.

David Suazo
27 Oct 08, 15:24
When he is doing well he is an ace, but yesterday I was very unhappy with him. He stopped every attack because he wanted the ball at his feet, then to turn around and stop the fluency. Ok, not much support and I have to say Genoa did extremely well, I knew we would struggle right away. But he was incredibly ineffective yesterday.

He was looking for options, you could see on his body language that he was getting frustrated by the lack of options.

Forza ragazzi
27 Oct 08, 22:25
He was looking for options, you could see on his body language that he was getting frustrated by the lack of options.

Yes, but on a couple occasions his work before he received the pass put him in difficult situations. I remember one time when Zanetti, I think, won the ball and went on the counter. Instead of running forward to cause confusion in Genoa's defence, Ibra stopped and wanted the ball at his feet from Zanetti. The pass from Zanetti eventually came, more or less backwards, to Zlatan who then had no one to play to. He froze the whole counter-attack.

CafeCordoba
28 Oct 08, 10:18
Yes, but on a couple occasions his work before he received the pass put him in difficult situations. I remember one time when Zanetti, I think, won the ball and went on the counter. Instead of running forward to cause confusion in Genoa's defence, Ibra stopped and wanted the ball at his feet from Zanetti. The pass from Zanetti eventually came, more or less backwards, to Zlatan who then had no one to play to. He froze the whole counter-attack.

I remember that occasion. To me, Zanetti was the one who ruined the attack. He should have passed the ball as fast as possible to Zlatan. We all know, and Javier should too, that he isn't too great with the ball and specially passing the ball, and again specially passing the ball in the offensive zone.

Forza ragazzi
29 Oct 08, 16:39
I remember that occasion. To me, Zanetti was the one who ruined the attack. He should have passed the ball as fast as possible to Zlatan. We all know, and Javier should too, that he isn't too great with the ball and specially passing the ball, and again specially passing the ball in the offensive zone.

Zlatan wasn't available for a pass. ANd you can't run a counter-attack if that one player must have the ball.

Tanel
29 Oct 08, 21:28
Oh for heaven's sake does he have to play every game and every 90 minutes of it.

he's already dead-tired and understandably so.

Handoyo
29 Oct 08, 21:32
We can rest him yet against Reggina. Our attack is as blunt as a penis at the moment and, dear Lord I hate saying this, we have to keep in pace with the league leaders. We should undoubtedly give him the break against Anorthosis though. With 7 points from 3 games, at least we can manage to drop some points there.

Suneet
30 Oct 08, 15:18
I have been asking for him to rest for quite some time.... I dont see it coming until he is injured though.

Forza ragazzi
01 Nov 08, 18:47
He needs to stop taking our FKs. He squanders each and every one.

Azzkikr
01 Nov 08, 18:51
Doubt it will happan.

Apparently Mourinho doesnt care about setpieces, although it was a key reason his chelsea side dominated.

Forza ragazzi
01 Nov 08, 18:55
Doubt it will happan.

Apparently Mourinho doesnt care about setpieces, although it was a key reason his chelsea side dominated.

Mourinho is naive when playing Ibra all the time as well. Ibra had no energy today. Poor guy, really. he has played every minute since what, september or something? Ludicrously stupid of Jose :S

Ilkinio
01 Nov 08, 18:57
And key reason Mancini's Inter dominated from summer of 2006 till february of 2008.

Alex de Large
01 Nov 08, 19:00
Chivu and him are horrible in that department, the only reason why we miss Figone.

Forza ragazzi
01 Nov 08, 19:01
Chivu and him are horrible in that department, the only reason why we miss Figone.

But why don't we let Mario have a shot at least once? He hasn't even been by the ball in recent games when we had FKs in good positions. Ibra is just blasting them to terzo anello everytime.

Suneet
01 Nov 08, 19:04
Lets hope he gets this week off till we play in the league again.

Ilkinio
01 Nov 08, 19:29
It would be silly to play him against Anorthosis. But, looks like we don't have other choices.

Ziyad
02 Nov 08, 06:42
We can always give Cruz and SMB a chance...At least keep him on the bench.

Karim
02 Nov 08, 08:30
Well let's just see here, under Mancio and under Mo, which is better for Ibra?

Under Mancio, and with Ibra's own words: "It's like he saw himself in me".
Ibra under Mancio was more of a second striker, one who would come from the front to the back and look to assist forward Crespo or Cruz or such and last season he managed to get 20 goals in all competitions from 9 penalties, and 9 assists in all, making him last season's main goalscorer/assister. In 2006-2007, he scored 15 goals, all in Serie A becoming our second top goalscorer after Crespo, assisting 8, 2 less than Deki, and 7 lesws than our assist king at that time Figo.

Under Mo, he is used more like Drogba with his towering height, power, passing, shooting and such he seems ideal in Mo's concept of a 4-3-3 with much passing given to the central figure of the game, teh central attacker who is actually pressing from the middle, coming from the front and collecting to feed the sides more often and that helps disorientate the defenses with the lines being shattered to go for the central man who would quickly provide for the wingers to go forward. We aren't doing that yet but still, Ibra has managed to score 5 goals already, all in Serie A with respectable 4 assists.

Azzkikr
02 Nov 08, 11:25
Zlatan wants to win the golden ball, to do that he must play every game. - Jose Mourinho.

A.l.i
02 Nov 08, 13:27
Zlatan is a living organism.

Suneet
02 Nov 08, 15:49
Well he cant play every game, because over time he will get injured.

minterke
02 Nov 08, 16:09
I don't get you guys, Zlatan doesn't even run 500m a game what makes you think he's tired. It's not like he's a midfielder.

josipva
02 Nov 08, 17:22
well he doesnt need to run to be tired, all those aerial duels and having few defenders on him each time he has the ball tires the player

minterke
03 Nov 08, 03:27
The guy makes a salary where you should be able to play 99% of the games. And plus, Mourinho keeping Adri out of the picture leaves us with the biggest joke of strikers in European football.

Forza ragazzi
04 Nov 08, 20:51
He really needs a rest. Mourinho is naive thinking this will work in the long run.

Luka
05 Nov 08, 17:54
The sad part is that, I was sure he would be rested if we would win last night, but it's not the case anymore.

blackmore
06 Nov 08, 06:37
he is a professional sportsman..if he cant handle it let him go...look at all these other players playing day in day out..and were worried about him..nah not worth it.."just my 2 cents"

Forza ragazzi
06 Nov 08, 08:49
he is a professional sportsman..if he cant handle it let him go...look at all these other players playing day in day out..and were worried about him..nah not worth it.."just my 2 cents"

Zlatan has had a problem with his knee and there are very, very few players that play day in day out. Freaks like Lampard eg. Zlatan takes a lot of knocks because he is a talented striker, plus he is very important to Inter. Him resting is necessary for him and then subsequently (indirectly) for Inter.

lonewolf19
06 Nov 08, 13:19
Well we lost the chance to rest him.
With our fixtures coming up, I expect him to play every single game again

Luka
06 Nov 08, 14:30
Zlatan has had a problem with his knee and there are very, very few players that play day in day out. Freaks like Lampard eg. Zlatan takes a lot of knocks because he is a talented striker, plus he is very important to Inter. Him resting is necessary for him and then subsequently (indirectly) for Inter.
I would feel much safer too, if he was rested here and then.

But I have to say, that Jose is very convincing, and he strongly said, everything is ok with Zlatan, and there is no problem. Got to trust our coach ;)

minterke
06 Nov 08, 15:12
Saying Zlatan is tired because he's playing like crap is a pathetic excuse by the Ibra fanboys. If he was tired Mourinho wouldn't risk him playing, and Zlatan would've said something.

Maicon's played as many games as him and he runs 100 times more I don't see anyone complaining about him needing a rest.

Luka
06 Nov 08, 15:29
Saying Zlatan is tired because he's playing like crap is a pathetic excuse by the Ibra fanboys. If he was tired Mourinho wouldn't risk him playing, and Zlatan would've said something.

Agreed.

I believe(or want to believe) what our coach is saying, and he is saying Zlatan is 100% ok, and he can play.

He didn't play well, and that's just it. No excuses needed.

Forza ragazzi
06 Nov 08, 19:41

Maicon's played as many games as him and he runs 100 times more I don't see anyone complaining about him needing a rest.

Well, it doesn't completely justify a bad performance, but denying that the grade of tiredness could make it difficult to perform well is very problematic.

Azzkikr
06 Nov 08, 20:08
None of us knows if he is tired of not. Stop assuming thats why hes playing like shit, its ridiculous.

There is no way playing as much as he does should wear him down at this time of season anyways. People are talking like we are in week 35 of serie a or something. And its not like he has the highest workrate and runs 10km pr game, he should be able to play each game.

If Zlatan isnt feeling 100% it will show in training as well, and then Mourinho wont play him, simple as that.

Besides that, Mourinho is constantly swapping around his partners in attack, there is zero consistency here which isnt good. The only player he has combined and performed well with as a partnership has been Adriano so far.

Constantly swapping around Cruz, Adriano or having 2 wingers and him alone or one winger where he again has 3 different players in Mancini, RQ and Obinna.

New system and a constantly changing attack is more likely the reason he isnt performing as well as we would like.

Rimpel
08 Nov 08, 14:33

let him go? That's retarded...

He's saved our asses countless of times and won us the scudetto last year. Yes, let's one of our best performing players the past seasons go to another club, hell not why a rival club in Italy:yuck:

He's already scored most of our goals and most goals/dangerous chances involve Ibra. Though I agree he is missing waaaaay too many chances and playing lazy, I hope he will improve this.

Forza ragazzi
09 Nov 08, 14:57
I don't know if he's tired or whatever, he doesn't contribute at all right now. Bad patch of form.

Although he nodded it on to Cruz today :)

Suneet
09 Nov 08, 15:01
Tired, shows in his performances. Haters can say what they want.

He didnt chase after ANYTHING, didnt press their defence. Second half improvement but not much, he got to see more of the ball as he was half striker. Needs a rest desperately.

lonewolf19
09 Nov 08, 15:59
Rest him against Palermo so he can be in top condition for the Juventus showdown

Adam
09 Nov 08, 16:15
While there may be truth to him being tired (he's surely feeling a bit in his knee) but today he just looked bored out of his mind. He's used to getting to see a lot of the ball and now it goes such long periods of time between touches.

He's not the kind of player, he needs the ball at his feet to enjoy himself and be at his best, otherwise he'll be to eager to do something once he does get the ball. He's not an Inzaghi or Crespo type player.

And tbh, Inter are boring as shit when he doesn't get it. Such lack of ideas, every single attack ends in a pass to the side and a lame cross attempt. Frustrating to watch really.

There was one moment early in the second half where he dropped deep and gave a 20 meter pass to Vieira just outside of the box, and from there we looked dangerous and kept a lot of possession. This is what we need more form our midfielders and what we lack when Muntari isn't playing.

Azzkikr
09 Nov 08, 16:26
The problem is the players around him. He doesnt seem to work well with RQ and especially not with Balotelli. There is simply zero understanding between them.

Give him Adriano and Mancini and it should be different. Mancini has been crap lately tho, but Zlatan has looked much better with him around, especially in the start of the season.

minterke
09 Nov 08, 16:39
I agree, RQ kind of takes away Zlatan's role of setting up the plays all the time we always seem to play like shit when both of them play at the same time.

Next game, I wouldn't mind "resting" (benching) Ibra, and starting RQ-Adri-Cruz

Luka
09 Nov 08, 17:33
Was out of touch today.

Still, I would much more preffer for him to play second striker in 4-4-2, or to play him on a "wing" in 4-3-3, with either Adriano or Cruz in a center.

I believe that would make a hell lot of a difference.

Azzkikr
09 Nov 08, 18:32
I wish Mourinho would stop being stubborn and just play all of Zlatan, adri and cruz. Cruz on top and Zlatan and Adriano in more or less free roles behind him, who both can drift to the sides as well to help the fullbacks.

I wish he would try the x-mas tree, just a game or two.

Maicon-Cordoba-Samuel-Zanetti
.....Vieira-Cambiasso-Muntari.....
........<-Zlatan-Adriano->..........
.................Cruz.....................

Zlatan would shine in such a role. It would still be less creative than Milans version, but with more bang and alot more physical presence and it would be very compact.

Mourinho needs to wake up and realise that regular wing play doesnt work in Italy, never did and never will. The occasional wing play in italy comes from the fullbacks and am's/forwards who drifts wide from a central position. You lose too much in terms of central control by having 2 wide players constantly. Low tempo, defenders rarely go on opposite half, defensive focus from most teams, use of dm's closing down ect ect all these are factor why wingers simply doesnt work, there isnt enough space or tempo in serie a for pure wingers to be a viable tactic.

This should fit balotelli alot better as well, he doesnt seem good being wide. Mancini should have no problem with it as well. Its much better to have players centraly on the offense who can then drift to the sides if needed, like we saw kaka do when milan scored against us this season. The midfield will have alot more support and have an easier time combining with the attack.

Forza ragazzi
09 Nov 08, 20:24
Very much agree, but want Maxwell on LB. It's painful, but Zanetti doesn't feature in my ideal line-up anymore.

We created much more pressure on Udinese today when Cruz came on and we changed to something that looked like 4-3-1-2. Our wingers are not working at all.

I at least want Adriano with Ibra, even if it is in 4-3-3. At least they can create something together despite the formation. The third player should be either Balotelli or Cruz.

Julio Cesar; Maicon, Cordoba/Chivu, Samuel, Maxwell; Vieira, Cambiasso, Muntari; Cruz-Adriano-Ibrahimovic

lonewolf19
10 Nov 08, 00:16
Good idea and I really think that lineup could do wonder. FR, I would still put JZ in LB. I know Maxwell deserve the spot too but with if we alter the midfield a little more offensive, JZ can be useful to cover up defense. It is going to be static LB but with Maicon, Muntari, Vieira plus all 3 front attacking, you will want to have JZ on the back covering. The 3 man attacking could be similar to Udinese's Di Natale, Quag.....(too hard to spell), Pepe

-----------JC------------
Maicon-Samuel-Cordoba-JZ
--------Cambiasso--------
----Muntari------Vieira----
Ibra------Adriano----Cruz

Handoyo
10 Nov 08, 03:13
Watching him today was...painful...:cry:

Forza ragazzi
10 Nov 08, 08:18
Good idea and I really think that lineup could do wonder. FR, I would still put JZ in LB. I know Maxwell deserve the spot too but with if we alter the midfield a little more offensive, JZ can be useful to cover up defense. It is going to be static LB but with Maicon, Muntari, Vieira plus all 3 front attacking, you will want to have JZ on the back covering. The 3 man attacking could be similar to Udinese's Di Natale, Quag.....(too hard to spell), Pepe

-----------JC------------
Maicon-Samuel-Cordoba-JZ
--------Cambiasso--------
----Muntari------Vieira----
Ibra------Adriano----Cruz

Disagree. Although Maxwell isn't as strong defensively, one full-back always stays behind. Only the full-back on the "ball side" goes forward. We would be far to static as you say. To me, Maxwell and Maicon on the pitch is a must. At least for the most matches.

Ilkinio
10 Nov 08, 12:02
Yesterday our left flank was active too. Maxwell, maybe is not as strong and flashy as Maicon, but he surely adds to attacking play more than Chivu/Zanetti on this position.

Suneet
10 Nov 08, 15:06
Azz got a great lineup, I think that can be the strongest Inter. But we need to find a more attacking LB.

Luka
10 Nov 08, 15:14
To me, Maxwell and Maicon on the pitch is a must. At least for the most matches.
Without a question.

Suneet, but Max is a great left back. (??)

lonewolf19
10 Nov 08, 23:31
Disagree. Although Maxwell isn't as strong defensively, one full-back always stays behind. Only the full-back on the "ball side" goes forward. We would be far to static as you say. To me, Maxwell and Maicon on the pitch is a must. At least for the most matches.

I know, I know... but it just hurts not to see JZ in the lineup :(

Suneet
11 Nov 08, 15:49
Without a question.

Suneet, but Max is a great left back. (??)

Offcourse, but he is the only attacking one we have. Its important when we play Zlatan as half striker, because Maicon and Maxwell will spread the opponents defence and release pressure on our midfield.

CafeCordoba
12 Nov 08, 08:49
Lars Fucking Lagerback has called Zlatan for Sweden's friendly match against Holland. That's three days before derby d'Italia. :wth:

Hopefully Mourinho insists that Zlatan plays just minor minutes.

Ziyad
13 Nov 08, 06:11
^^Cant we fake injure him and not have him go at all...Its just a friendly

A.l.i
13 Nov 08, 13:31
We don't do things like Raymond fucking Domenech.

Azzkikr
15 Nov 08, 14:50
Ibra: I deserve Ballon d'Or
Saturday 15 November, 2008
Zlatan Ibrahimovic is “certain” he is worthy of the Ballon d’Or. “Kaka and Ronaldinho have nothing over me.”

The Inter striker has long been considered a contender for the trophy by those within the club, most notably President Massimo Moratti, but is not among the favourites for the 2008 edition.

“I am certainly worthy of the Ballon d’Or,” he told French newspaper L’Equipe today.

“I think that Kaka and Ronaldinho have nothing over me. I am at their level and would not look bad by their side.

“Unfortunately, to win the Ballon d’Or you first have to win the Champions League. It is a necessary requirement.”

Ibrahimovic hopes to add that trophy to his cabinet in May, as Inter hired Jose Mourinho with the express intention of pushing for the Champions League.

Meanwhile, that piece of silverware is why the Swede has picked a Manchester United star for success.

“I would give it to Cristiano Ronaldo, although he did not have a very good European Championship.

“If we were to focus entirely on Euro 2008, then I’d say Iker Casillas deserved the trophy.”
-------------------------------

Zlatan apparently smoking crack, perhaps that the reason why he is playing like shit.

Adam
15 Nov 08, 16:24
I don't see what's wrong about that statement. Pretty much spot on, and he's not playing like shit. He's been our best player so far this season. Sure, he's had his fair share of avarge matches but that's more down to the system than anything else. Top scorer, top assister, top MOM, nuff said.

I think you and every other hater must be the ones on crack.

A.l.i
15 Nov 08, 16:29
Don't agree with Zlatan there, although the UCL part was spot on.

Hasan
15 Nov 08, 16:35
How can I block azz's posts from my view?

Spot on Zlatan, good interview.

A.l.i
15 Nov 08, 16:39
Azz wasn't wrong. Go and watch our UCL matches this term, maybe then you'll change your mind too.

Ilkinio
15 Nov 08, 16:44
Azz wasn't wrong. Go and watch our UCL matches this term, maybe then you'll change your mind too.

As an answer to you: Favorite Player: All Midfield generals.

A.l.i
15 Nov 08, 16:49
Not having midfield generals doesn't change tha fact that when the opposition gets tough, Zlatan too tends to suck.

Ilkinio
15 Nov 08, 16:55
It's not year 1958 anymore. Football is a team game, and u can't exactly turn every game u play, whoever u are, and whatever ur talent is. Give Zlatan Hamsik, or at least Cambiasso-Vieira-Muntari constantly, and u will see difference.

Suneet
15 Nov 08, 18:29
He doesnt deserve it right now, but he can win it. He has the talent, jsut needs a good run in the CL.

Azzkikr
15 Nov 08, 20:40
How can I block azzidiot's posts from my view?

Use the ignore function if you got a problem

Zlatan will never win the Ballon d'Or, he is way too inconsistent to do that. Not to mention not good enough overall. He has nothing on the likes of Messi and Cron.

Joss
15 Nov 08, 20:44
He has nothing on the likes of Messi and Cron.

Neither did cannavaro. It means its his role as a squad player as much as an individual, which is why the team as a whole needs to perform in europe.

lonewolf19
15 Nov 08, 20:45
2 crackers today!!
great goals indeed

Handoyo
15 Nov 08, 20:45
How can I block azz's posts from my view?

You can use the ignore function, Hasan.

With regards to Zlatan, he only said that he deserves to win it, but that he should win it. Notice the difference, he even obviously mentioned that CR7 should win it this year.

Adam
15 Nov 08, 20:46
Neither did cannavaro.

P'owned.:D

Ilkinio
15 Nov 08, 20:54
Erm.. Zlatan, can u give such interview before Rube match too? Thanks!

Azzkikr
15 Nov 08, 21:05
Neither did cannavaro. It means its his role as a squad player as much as an individual, which is why the team as a whole needs to perform in europe.

Well if you dont count the individual performance, then Zlatan has even less chance to win it. Since its his individual performances that stands out, not his team play.

And Cannavaro is a special case. He won it because he was clearly the best defender at that time and Italy won the world cup.

Traditionaly they pick forwards or AM's, we all know that. And even if they decided to make yet another special case, like in the cannavaro case, Zlatan hardly qualifies as a special case.

Zlatan does a good job, but several player do it just as good and even better and arent as inconsistent.

lonewolf19
15 Nov 08, 21:12
Zlatan's free kick secret

Zlatan Ibrahimovic confirms he has been practising his free kicks in training after tonight's goal was clocked at 124km/h!

“Tonight I scored two important goals and the team did well. It was a tough game away from home against Palermo and everything went well. I am very happy,” said the Inter star.

He scored both goals in Sicily in spectacular fashion with fierce right-foot strikes that left the goalkeeper with no chance.

“I have hit a few powerful free kicks in my career and I'm trying in training to hone my technique. I always work to get better at everything.”

The victory ensures Inter maintain the Serie A leadership going into next Saturday's crunch match with his former club, Juventus.

“It was a crucial win and we are top of the table, so we must continue this way. The next game against Juve is very difficult, but if we want to win the Scudetto then we need a victory.

“Just a few weeks ago we were a long way off from Juve and now they are just three points behind, so you never can tell in football.”

Ivan Cordoba will not be able to play in that clash, as he picked up a yellow card and will be suspended.

Tanel
15 Nov 08, 22:51
Well, I must agree he has nothing on Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi atm due to his and Inter's inconsistancy. But fact is that he should be better than anyone else in the world is quite clear tbh because he's got absolutely everything on the technical and physical aspects given to be one of the best players ever, so it's really frustrating to see how he can't fulfill it for moe than some periods of form, rather than whole seasons.

Not just my opinon. Lot of people who actually see him consistently and aren't Interisti agree with me, even ManU fans have said so.

Xoonky
15 Nov 08, 23:16
Ibra needs consistency to win the ballon d'or, he has the physical, mental and everything else needed abilities to be double the best player in the world. Most of the other best players (Messi, Ronaldo, Kaka...) have at least something missing, he is very complete.

I believe he will win one of the next two ballon d'ors after this one, Mou will make sure he is consistent.

On the other hand, congratz Ibra, incredible game tonight, played with Palermo's defense like it was sony play-station on the second half, and a great shot at 90th minute, too bad he didnt get a hat-trick of bombs!

Interista nr.1
15 Nov 08, 23:39
I don't see what's wrong about that statement. Pretty much spot on, and he's not playing like shit. He's been our best player so far this season. Sure, he's had his fair share of avarge matches but that's more down to the system than anything else. Top scorer, top assister, top MOM, nuff said.

I think you and every other hater must be the ones on crack.
He was our best player since he joined Inter, God knows how many trophies less Inter would win without Ibrahimaga.

Interista nr.1
15 Nov 08, 23:41
Use the ignore function if you got a problem

Zlatan will never win the Ballon d'Or, he is way too inconsistent to do that. Not to mention not good enough overall. He has nothing on the likes of Messi and Cron.
Nostradamus has spoken. Didn't you also said that Roma would win scudetto last year..

Adam
15 Nov 08, 23:48
Azzkikr sound like a retarded English pundit. How is he not consistent? 87 matches in all competitions with 44 goals and 22 assists. And Inter isn't exactly Barcelona or Arsenal, where you attack nonstop for ninety minutes. That's anything but "inconsistent".

That's pretty awesome stats for anyone. And even when he doesn't score or assist nobody can say he doesn't play at a high level and finds other ways to help the team. Add two titles to that..

In fact, since Ibra joined Inter are there even any forwards, in the Serie A with better stats than him? God knows there's no one with more talent.