PDA

View Full Version : Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Handoyo
23 Dec 08, 05:23
We have enought pedestrians in midfield as it is. You might get away with a lazy striker that doesn't seem interested at times, but a midfielder can't pull that off.

Totti and Cassano are hustlers and fight for the ball, something Zlatan can't do for even 60 minutes.
Well said.

A lot of people think that Ibra can play behind a front two, or in front of the trio of midfielder, but that can only work on PES games where we ourselves control Ibra's movement and all he needs to do is to dribble past player, make killer pass or score.

But being a trequartista requires MUCH more than that. A perfect example is Deki during the recent Juve or Chievo match. You need to run your ass off and defend from high up the pitch. There are so many things to do off the ball that even if you're as skilled as Maradona, you may not do well in that position.

Suneet
23 Dec 08, 13:52
Ibra if interested in the game generally closes down defenders. But no he isnt an AM. Not even close. He just needs to be the second striker to bring the best out of him and to keep him awake.

pengie
25 Dec 08, 20:31
I agree, Zlatan would probably not fit as a pure midfielder but would be an interesting option as the link between the midfield and two attacking forwards.

A.l.i
28 Dec 08, 15:59
All Man utd fans are clueless idiots.

Went to Redcafe.net, and they are judging Ibra's dribbling etc from his Ajax clips and according to those reds, CR7 is better than Ibra at shooting, dribbling, finishing, heading, penalties, free kicks.

Nyall
28 Dec 08, 16:46
Man U fans have never even seen one Serie A game of Zlatan ever.

nutcracker
28 Dec 08, 21:42
CR7 is better than Ibra at shooting, dribbling, finishing, heading, penalties, free kicks.

finishing, free kicks. That's true. But dribbling, heading - they are equal. In shooting, Zlatan is ofc better.

Adam
28 Dec 08, 22:52
I think in regard to finishing, freekicks, penalties and heading Ronaldo is better than Zlatan. Dribbling is equal because Ibra gets past players more often while Ronaldo pushes the ball forward at a higher speed.

Ibra is better at shooting, not to mention passing and vision. He's also much stronger, more creative and overall a more ingenius footballer.

But regarding Redcafe...I read there occasionally and I don't think it's fair to say they are all morons. I've found a lot of top blokes there actually.

nutcracker
29 Dec 08, 07:44
I think in regard to finishing, freekicks, penalties and heading Ronaldo is better than Zlatan.

PENALTIES?!?! :howler::howler::wth::wth:

How can you say that when Ronaldo missed 2 most important penalties in his life, while Zlatan took all?

Nyall
29 Dec 08, 08:24
Also, Ronaldo is a one trick pony. Ibra is superior to Ronaldo in terms of dribbling. Hell even Quaresma is better than Ronaldo.

szasza02
29 Dec 08, 10:15
Also, Ronaldo is a one trick pony. Ibra is superior to Ronaldo in terms of dribbling. Hell even Quaresma is better than Ronaldo.

one could argue with that :howler:

lonewolf19
29 Dec 08, 14:12
I agree. Zlatan is much better penalty taker comapre to CR7. Anyways showdown Feb!!

Speaking of which, did Zlatan take any penalties this year? From what I recall we only had one penalty and Zlatan gave it to Adri.

Nyall
29 Dec 08, 15:47
one could argue with that :howler:

Don't let Quaresma's Inter days fool you. Go compare Ronaldo and Quaresma's compilation on youtube and you will see which player is more skillful.

Nyall
29 Dec 08, 15:48
I agree. Zlatan is much better penalty taker comapre to CR7. Anyways showdown Feb!!

Speaking of which, did Zlatan take any penalties this year? From what I recall we only had one penalty and Zlatan gave it to Adri.

Nope, he has yet to take a penalty.

A.l.i
29 Dec 08, 16:11
don't let quaresma's inter days fool you. Go compare ronaldo and quaresma's compilation on youtube and you will see which player is more skillful.

:p

rockball
30 Dec 08, 05:25
Stupid comparisons but I have to say Ronaldo is possibly the best header around the world today.

A.l.i
30 Dec 08, 14:05
Stupid comparisons but I have to say Ronaldo is possibly the best header around the world today.

Wtf? Crouch? :lol:

Jonnie_Venom89
30 Dec 08, 20:18
Wtf? Crouch? :lol:

lol Gilardino is by far the best header at the moment...just look at how many goals he has scored with his head(all of his CL goals are headers). I haven't seen such a good header of the ball since Crespo's and Vieri's golden periods

nzinter
30 Dec 08, 22:50
i think quarsma and adriano should play they could win us the game remember man u are english and any player with skill will rip them apart

lonewolf19
31 Dec 08, 11:15
Klose is pretty good with headers too
I remember he scored a hat trick header goals

The_Emperor
31 Dec 08, 11:41
i think quarsma and adriano should play they could win us the game remember man u are english and any player with skill will rip them apart

Yeah, that's why Barcelona lost to them last year:wallbang:

I think we should stick to our game and hope it'll work out. Doing some experiments in an important clash as this one would be stupid.

Toninu
01 Jan 09, 11:57
Heh people seem to be forgetting that header by Dinho in the derby. But I think Ronaldo actually has a better header than Zlatan, heading isn't one of Zlatan's strong suits imo even though he did sink 2 this year with his head. But we need to stop these stupid comparisions we'll see who's better in February until then...

Luka
02 Jan 09, 13:23
2 different players. You can't go more stupid than this.

The one thing it makes sense, is that Zlatan is no conventional striker, and Ronaldo is more of a striker, than a winger actually. So I guess it's not that stupid after all.

Still, Zlatan plays as striker, Ronaldo as a winger.

Neverless, I will say it again. There is NO OTHER PLAYER ON THE PLANET RIGHT NOW, who is almost 2m tall, and has such a vision, creativity, flair, body coordination, and technique like Zlatan. This is a unique striker, and we can feel blessed(I actually do, since 2005 :) ).

Take Ronaldo, and you have Messi, Robben(maybe), Ribery, take Etoo, and you have Torres, Villa, take Xavi, and you have Anderson, Fabregas. The list goes on and on.

Take Ibrahimovic, and you have.... ???

If we loose Ibrahimovic, we can't get anybody close to him. If Man Utd loose Ronaldo, they always can find another winger, even Ribbery from first glance.

In that department, there isn't even a slight comparison of how important Ibra is for Inter, and how important Ronaldo is for Man Utd.

Handoyo
03 Jan 09, 09:43
The 2004 Adriano would be the closest thing to the current Ibra, methinks.

But you're spot on, Ibra is unique as a player.

And of course, it is too scary how reliant we are on him.

Luka
03 Jan 09, 14:02
To me Adriano in 2004 was the best striker in the world. But even then he was no Ibra. Different type of player.

Less vision, and even that day, left foot only(or 90% of the time).

That doesn't mean Adri didn't have anything better. Finishing, for starters, heading, many qualities. Neverless, different type of player. Different style of play if you ask me.

interita77
03 Jan 09, 15:05
hELLO EVERYONE, i AM NEW IN THIS FORUM,

I'm from sweden, from the same country as Zlatan :D:D:D:D:D:D:D;):)

Edit by Handoyo: No advertisement

Suneet
03 Jan 09, 15:12
Less alcohol blood level.

Adam
06 Jan 09, 19:00
Cannavaro To Ibrahimovic: I've Won More Than You!
The Italian defender has boasted about winning more than Ibra since moving away from Juventus...
»Comments (92) Print This Story Send To A Friend Contact Us galleria zoom Real Madrid defender Fabio Cannavaro has taken a swipe at Inter hit-man Zlatan Ibrahimovic and the World Cup-winning stopper has reminded the Sweden international to look at his own achievements before talking.

Both players were part of Fabio Capello's Juventus side back in 2006 before they went separate ways after Calciopoli.

Cannavaro has revealed that Ibra always taunted him at Juve and the stopper has hit back.

"If Ibra wants to see the Ballon d'Or then he has to come to my house to do so," Cannavaro told Il Corriere Dello Sport.

"When we were at Juve, Ibra used to say: 'the only reason you have won the Scudetto is because of me, before you had nothing.'

"After, he went to Inter and I to Real Madrid. I won a World Cup, a Ballon d'Or and two championships. I have massacred him."

Ibrahimovic on the other hand has not done as well as the defender in terms of honours, winning three Scudetti on the bounce with Inter.

A reaction from the striker is expected following Cannavaro's words.

Salvatore Landolina, Goal.com

rockball
06 Jan 09, 19:04
Crappavaro bastard.

Forza ragazzi
06 Jan 09, 19:08
What is the point with this? :S

Luka
06 Jan 09, 19:11
Well I wouldn't be suprised, if that line was actual true.

"When we were at Juve, Ibra used to say: 'the only reason you have won the
Scudetto is because of me, before you had nothing."

But everybody saw how Ibra changed since he came from JuBe. He is not the same man, and to be honest, he became quite calm. I expect him to just say "next question" to the reporter when he is asked about that.

Oh. And I forgot -> Fuck off Fabio.

rockball
06 Jan 09, 19:16
Not saying this cos he is an Inter player, but I really feel he has improved as a person since coming here. Maybe its because he has become a father or something.

I hope he stays this way.

berneng
06 Jan 09, 19:19
Nothing shows class better than an uncalled-for un-provoked cheap-shot lie. You can easily tell he's a goBBo. (talkin about Cuntavaro there in case u didn't notice :P)

Adam
06 Jan 09, 19:44
Oh ffs, Cannavaro is joking! He and Ibra are good friends. In fact recently Cannavaro said Ibra was the best striker in the World and he would give him the Balon D'or if he could.

He's just teasing him, like Ibra was teasing him before. I expect Ibra to have a nice litle comeback when he's questioned about it, even though it will be pretty tough to come up with one.

Luka
06 Jan 09, 19:52
If that's the case... then it was a good tease, I have to admit :)

berneng
06 Jan 09, 19:59
Still not convinced...though i hate cunatavaro and gattuseless with a passion.

Maybe Mourinho can come with a good comeback...he's usually good at that sort of thing XD

Stefan
06 Jan 09, 20:59
Irrelevant whether he is joking or not. Crappavaro is still to be regarded with absolute disdain by each and every interisti. We know how he and moggi plotted his transfer to juve. We all read the transcripts of him deliberately under performing while at inter.

Forza ragazzi
06 Jan 09, 21:18
Have never heard of this supposed deliberate under-performing. Where did you read that?

Adam
06 Jan 09, 21:55
Yeah I never heard of that either. Got any links mate?

Alessandro
06 Jan 09, 22:12
Its a conspiracy... there can't be proof of that right? unless there was a recorded phone conversation between Moggi and Canna stating this...

rockball
07 Jan 09, 03:24
Proof or not..he purposely underperformed and betrayed Inter. Not to mention, he has always taken a cheap shot at Inter after that. Bastardo.

Handoyo
07 Jan 09, 04:31
Obviously I can't give you the link to prove it but I think Stefan is right, I somehow recall that as well.

Stefan
07 Jan 09, 06:06
Frisko translated the transcripts here on the forum. So either you guys weren't around or don't remember it.

Ilkinio
07 Jan 09, 06:07
I don't remember reading anything like that, but, i'm pretty sure that Cannavaro had his worst spell with us. Don't know if it was intentional or not.

M.Adnan
07 Jan 09, 06:18
Yeah I remember the translation by Frisko about Cannavaro very well. It was somewhere in the Calciopoli thread. The name of the thread was Italian something fixing scandal something. Though I have no idea where exactly so you have to find it yourself if you really want to read it. :D

Luka
07 Jan 09, 07:12
Read this!

More Moggi scum from Gazzetta:

Conversation between Moggi and Paco Casal, Fabian Carini's agent.

Moggi: "Branca called Cannavaro and he's told him that he'll never that he'll never give him to Juve. Cannavaro told him to f uck off and that he was going to talk to the President, not to him."

Casal: "We need to push it. If Cannavaro calls Ghelfi and tells him 'Look Dr I'm not staying here because I'm not going to play and the coach won't consider me important enough'.

Casal: "Look we should do this today."

Moggi: "Ok then. Make him call Ghelfi and tell him he wants to leave. And get him to call that tall muppet too, what's his name... the president... Facchetti!".

Forza ragazzi
07 Jan 09, 10:03
That doesn't prove the accusations to me, but I won't argue over it. Cannavaro didn't play at his best obviously, but I think it's strange that he was under-performing from day 1. Moggi used the same tactic on Ibra in his last weeks at Ajax, but not before. It's a tactic Moggi used short time before a transfer to easen the process.

Anyway, a wave of rage came over me I read the way Moggi referred to Facchetti. Moggi is just a pile of camel poo.

Alessandro
07 Jan 09, 12:38
Ibra dunking that shit! haha

http://inter.it/aas/img/112524-480.jpg

A.l.i
07 Jan 09, 13:45
Moggi: "Ok then. Make him call Ghelfi and tell him he wants to leave. And get him to call that tall muppet too, what's his name... the president... Facchetti!"

Wtf. Wtf did this piece of poty handed a football ban for 5 years only?

Alessandro
15 Jan 09, 04:12
I just want to throw a question out there...

If Manchester city was offering us 100 million for Ibra instead of Milan's Kaka, Do you think Moratti accept it? Would he let our saviour in recent times go to England? With the money, we could buy some big players...

What do you guys think?

Ziyad
15 Jan 09, 05:11
I think Milan are in a better position to accept that offer than we are.

Forza ragazzi
15 Jan 09, 07:19
Haven't thought about it before, but that might happen. I don't think we should sell. Unless Moratti is in need of money. Ibra will be extremely difficult to replace.

rockball
15 Jan 09, 11:22
Pato and Ronaldinho would ensure Milan don't miss Kaka much. But there is no way we can do without Zlatan. 100m isn't too bad though. If we can get Diego(or other amazing AM), and a nice young striker....

But Zlatan has become more than just a player now. He has truly won over our hearts so far inspite of the fact that he came from Juve. We would be giving away our leader too.

Suneet
15 Jan 09, 15:24
I'd take it in the summer. 100mil means we get 3-4 super quality players all over the field....
Big match failure.
:D

Azzkikr
15 Jan 09, 16:08
I hope no star players leaves Italy (or any other country for that matter) for Man city.

It would be a terrible loss for Italian football if they manage to get Kaka or any other major star.

I wish all the worst for Man city and that rich asshole who owns them :yuck:

A.l.i
15 Jan 09, 16:09
The whole forum will "agree" with you on that.

Stefan
15 Jan 09, 16:27
The whole forum will "agree" with you on that.

No they won't. I personally couldn't care less if the man city owner manages to buy each and every bbilan and gobbi player. I care about Inter. The rest I couldn't care less about.

I just want to throw a question out there...

If Manchester city was offering us 100 million for Ibra instead of Milan's Kaka, Do you think Moratti accept it? Would he let our saviour in recent times go to England? With the money, we could buy some big players...

What do you guys think?

Unless Ibra wants to leave moratti sell him. He never sells first choice players unless they want to go.

Il Muro
15 Jan 09, 16:40
Don't agree with that Stefan. He sold Crespo after we got a big money bid from Chelsea.

Stefan
15 Jan 09, 16:46
Don't agree with that Stefan. He sold Crespo after we got a big money bid from Chelsea.

Crespo wasn't first choice back then. Vieri-recoba was.;)

CafeCordoba
15 Jan 09, 16:50
I hope no star players leaves Italy (or any other country for that matter) for Man city.

It would be a terrible loss for Italian football if they manage to get Kaka or any other major star.

I wish all the worst for Man city and that rich asshole who owns them :yuck:

True. The better the league, the better for Inter. If Juventus or Milan would lose their best players, it would be again easy for Inter to win Scudetto. Does Stefan want to win Scudetto easily like in 06/07? Okay, it was fun once, but that's it. Inter can never build a great team if it is playing in a poor league aka the team can never reach to the highest levels if it doesn't have any pressure in the nationa championship.

Azzkikr
15 Jan 09, 17:10
No they won't. I personally couldn't care less if the man city owner manages to buy each and every bbilan and gobbi player. I care about Inter. The rest I couldn't care less about.

What an ignorant statement.

It indirectly hurts Inter if great players leave the league.

Great players makes great teams, great teams makes the league more attractive to other great players.

We want Serie A to regain its former strengh, it certainly wont do that by losing its best players.

tritolone
15 Jan 09, 17:38
we don't play in the f...ing french league FFS. why should inter or milan sell their irreplacible players??? it's not like moratti or especially berlusca don't have the money

Il Muro
15 Jan 09, 17:48
we don't play in the f...ing french league FFS. why should inter or milan sell their irreplacible players??? it's not like moratti or especially berlusca don't have the money

You're right. But 100million is alot. It's probably twice Kaka's actual market value. With that money Milan could buy a top class defence and a striker.

It's similar to when Juve sold Zidane for roughly 50million. With that money they bought Nedved, Thuram and Buffon and were more succesful afterwards.

Stefan
15 Jan 09, 17:51
You're right. But 100million is alot. It's probably twice Kaka's actual market value. With that money Milan could buy a top class defence and a striker.

It's similar to when Juve sold Zidane for roughly 50million. With that money they bought Nedved, Thuram and Buffon and were more succesful afterwards.

They had some chance left over to pay of refs as well.;)

Stefan
15 Jan 09, 17:56
True. The better the league, the better for Inter. If Juventus or Milan would lose their best players, it would be again easy for Inter to win Scudetto. Does Stefan want to win Scudetto easily like in 06/07? Okay, it was fun once, but that's it. Inter can never build a great team if it is playing in a poor league aka the team can never reach to the highest levels if it doesn't have any pressure in the nationa championship.

Well that's where we disagree. I believe a team can reach the highest levels even if it doesn't have pressure in its local league. For the record I wouldn't mind the likes of roma,lazio,napoli and fiorentina getting great player but bbilan and juve I would love to lose all their players and end up playing in serie d. That's the dream, that will never be a reality.:(

Alex de Large
15 Jan 09, 18:03

RuBe did improve, but not Serie A because Nedved, Thuram and Buffon were Lazio and Parma players.

With the money Milan will probably get Mexes and a player like Zarate (and more), so Serie A will get weaker.

tritolone
15 Jan 09, 18:16

that's a good point but we already have a great team, we only need one or two reinforcements. i think we can get them without selling ibra

CafeCordoba
15 Jan 09, 18:38
Well that's where we disagree. I believe a team can reach the highest levels even if it doesn't have pressure in its local league. For the record I wouldn't mind the likes of roma,lazio,napoli and fiorentina getting great player but bbilan and juve I would love to lose all their players and end up playing in serie d. That's the dream, that will never be a reality.:(

Yeah, that's unrealistic scenario. Juventus and Milan are the only organizations in Serie A capable of competing with Inter. Also Roman, Fiorentina, Lazio and Napoli need to get just better so that Serie A can get back to its old glory.

Il Muro
15 Jan 09, 18:50
that's a good point but we already have a great team, we only need one or two reinforcements. i think we can get them without selling ibra

Yeh i agree, for us it's different. We only need a creative midfielder and a striker to be complete (IMO).

For Milan though, they have huge problems, mainly with their defence.

Il Muro
15 Jan 09, 18:53
RuBe did improve, but not Serie A because Nedved, Thuram and Buffon were Lazio and Parma players.

With the money Milan will probably get Mexes and a player like Zarate (and more), so Serie A will get weaker.

Fair point. But from the individual club's point of view, they won't care.

I agree we want Serie A to stay strong, and Kaka is probably the most famous player in the league at the moment.

tritolone
15 Jan 09, 19:04
well if berlusca werent a greedy bastard they wouldn't have these problems. he's got all the money a big football club needs for transfers and it's only his fault that he's so cheap he doesn't invest more. even if they sell kaka, he'd say they were world champions a year ago and have the players like ronaldinho, shevchenko, seedorf, etc. and don't need new ones:D

tonyloo
15 Jan 09, 19:23
Serie A has started climbing again. Just compare they players leaving Serie A this season to Spain or England with the players coming in.

Premier League teams signed Di Michele(Bad), Behrami(Average), Grella and Dossena(Very bad).

Player coming from England: Flamini, Zarate, Muntari, Mellberg, Riise, Rozehnal, Shevchenko, Senderos, Bianchi and Dzemaili.

The list of players going to Spain is even worse, Ujfalusi being the only player of value that I can remember right now. Baptista, Milito, Ronaldinho, Zambrotta and Felipe Melo coming in, among others.

Looking at the market right now it's alot more likely that a top player from England or Spain will go to Italy than the other way around. When players from teams like Udinese, Genoa, Lazio and Napoli says no to teams like Chelsea and Arsenal among others it shows us that Serie A is the league alot of players wants to play in. Even if they say so because they feel like they arent ready for such big teams yet, 2-3 years ago they would've left for England in a second.

Alot of clubs in Spain are going through extreme financial problems, Valencia being the most high profile one. Last summer was the most inactive transfer window for La Liga in years, the league as a whole sold for more than it bought. Barcelona and Real who are the only team in the league that can compete for the really big names stood for 50% of the total amount spent. Says it all really, the overall level of the teams has gone down, Sevilla sells all their players, Valencia is not signing any and fights for their life to be able to hold on to their stars. The mid-bottom teams barely signed anything, they mainly signed wash ups and brought up players from their youth teams.

In England, with the British Pound being at it's lowest in years the Euro in Italy is alot more attracting than it was some time ago. Add to that, most teams in England have so much debt that the banks have started putting pressure on them. West Ham and Portsmouth have already sold of their best players. The big clubs will probably have to do it sooner or later aswell, in a smaller scale, unless they magically find another way to pay their debts.

Kaka moving to City could destroy all this. Kaká would send the message: "Premier League is still were you want to go, I was the best player in the world 2 years ago but a shit team like City is enough for me. Hey, it's Premier League".

It could start an exodus.

Stefan
15 Jan 09, 20:05
If Kaka goes it sends the message that man city is the place to be and that bbilan is a selling club. ;)

Alessandro
15 Jan 09, 20:13
What an ignorant statement.

It indirectly hurts Inter if great players leave the league.

Great players makes great teams, great teams makes the league more attractive to other great players.

We want Serie A to regain its former strengh, it certainly wont do that by losing its best players.

I totally agree

But Milan has are in deep debt... That's the only reason i feel there accepting this offer... What a shame to lose such a great player though.

VLE
15 Jan 09, 21:48
milan apparently gave a permission to man city to talk to Kaka's agent.

About having a strong league; Selling Kaka would hurt calcio, but without money, Milan is going to crash anyway unless Berlu decides to re-invest in football (which likely won't happen until next election), or decides to sell the club to some mid-eastern rich guy. They will get weaker in current state unless their scouts find another Kaka in df, gk, fb and striker area.

So, it is hard to say if selling Kaka will make them weaker or not, since they desperately need a rebuild and it requires a huge money sink.

tritolone
15 Jan 09, 21:53
milan has debts at berlusconi, just like inter has debts at moratti and provera. i don't think they borrow money from banks to pay the wages or fund a transfer

Alex de Large
15 Jan 09, 22:06
Anyway, i doubt Kaka leaves for City now.

Handoyo
16 Jan 09, 11:27
Guys, please stop all discussion with regards to the Kaka - Man City transfer in this thread. This is Ibrahimovic's thread and let's focus on him & Inter here. ;)

With regards to Kaka, Man City, and any impact it may have to Serie A, please discuss it in this thread (http://www.forzainterforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1467). Thank you folks.

Adam
18 Jan 09, 20:47
7 in 7 for him now. He's scoring more ugly goals lately, and he's scoring more goals alltogether too but he's not involved at all like he used to be in prevous seasons. I thought we looked much more convincing when he had a somewhat of a free role.

Anyways, he picked up a yellow today so he won't play against Sampdoria. Luckily we play them at home.

CafeCordoba
18 Jan 09, 21:33
7 in 7 for him now. He's scoring more ugly goals lately, and he's scoring more goals alltogether too but he's not involved at all like he used to be in prevous seasons. I thought we looked much more convincing when he had a somewhat of a free role.

Anyways, he picked up a yellow today so he won't play against Sampdoria. Luckily we play them at home.

Will be very interesting to see how we can survive without Zlatan. Only hope is Adriano, and he is no way close to 100%.

Handoyo
18 Jan 09, 23:44
Sampdoria's away record: 1-2-6, 5-16

If we can't win and keep a clean sheet against them, we are truly fucked.

lonewolf19
18 Jan 09, 23:48
Zlatan will be gone.... it is be interesting how our team react without him. He had been absolutely pivotal for us this season

Alessandro
18 Jan 09, 23:49
Ibra is doing well on the scoring sheet... 2 behind Di Vaio. Not one penalty either.

Di Vaio Bologna 14 (3 pens)
Gilardino Fiorentina 12
Ibrahimovic Inter 12
Milito Genoa 12 (4)
Amauri Juventus 11

Stefan
19 Jan 09, 18:38
Well done to Ibra. Voted player of the season 2007/2008. dope boy got best italian player and prandelli best manager.

http://www.sportmediaset.it/calcio/articoli/articolo19861.shtml

Ibra also got the best foreign player.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jan19t.html

Adam
19 Jan 09, 18:54
Zlatan scoops Oscars hat-trick Monday 19 January, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic was the biggest winner at the Calcio Oscars 2008 as he pocketed three awards.

The prizes were voted for by the players of Serie A in pre-season and were presented at a gala televised on SportItalia.

Swedish international Ibrahimovic was the star of the show as he won Best Foreign Player, Best Player and Best Goal of 2008.

Juventus captain Alessandro Del Piero was honoured as Best Italian Player and his teammate Giorgio Chiellini was named Best Defender. Juventus No 1 Gigi Buffon was Best Goalkeeper.

Napoli's Slovakian midfield sensation Marek Hamsik won Best Young Player and Fiorentina's Cesare Prandelli was top of the Coaches.

The awards in full:
Best Player Outright: Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Inter)
Best Italian Player: Alessandro Del Piero (Juventus)
Best Foreign Player: Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Inter)
Best Young Player: Marek Hamsik (Napoli)
Best Goalkeeper: Gigi Buffon (Juventus)
Best Defender: Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus)
Best Coach: Cesare Prandelli (Fiorentina)
Best Referee: Roberto Rosetti
Best Goal of 2008: Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Inter)
Best fan: Stefano Borgonovo

Well deserved.:proud:

rockball
19 Jan 09, 19:20
Best Goal of 2008: Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Inter)
Best fan: Stefano Borgonovo

Which was that goal?

And how the hell is best fan decided? Whom did that guy support?

Azzkikr
19 Jan 09, 19:26
"best fan" is a hilarious award.

I also wonder why they dont have awards for midfielders and forwards when they have for everything else.

Makes no sense to me.

Adam
19 Jan 09, 19:52
Rock, it was his backheel against Bologna. ;)

I'm not sure how they decide best fan but it was a Viola fan that broke his back or something.

tonyloo
19 Jan 09, 20:09
It's a former Fiorentina player who's suffering from ALS.

Adam
19 Jan 09, 21:29
I think the award show is on at this link. http://www.sportitalia.com/silivefeed.aspx and yeah Tonyloo you're right.

lonewolf19
19 Jan 09, 23:11
Well deserved Ibra. I do believe they vote for best midfielder and forwards too? It simply make no sense not to if you have awards for defender and keeper

Handoyo
19 Jan 09, 23:16
Maybe they didn't have best midfielder or forward because it'll be confusing to determine what position does Totti (Old one), Ronaldinho, Cassano, etc occupies?

Anyways, I thought the award was for the 07/08 season, so how could they choose Ibra's goal against Bologna. :howler: How many of this awards they have anyway, the last time I remember, R.Mancini was selected as the coach of the season last summer.

Ilkinio
20 Jan 09, 02:42
Best Goalkeeper: Gigi Buffon (Juventus). Why?

Handoyo
20 Jan 09, 03:26
Best Goalkeeper: Gigi Buffon (Juventus). Why?
Because he's been injured all the while this season? :confused:

That should vindicate the award.

Ilkinio
20 Jan 09, 05:12
So, why i'm not getting any of these awards? :D

Ziyad
20 Jan 09, 05:16
I have no idea why Buffon got that award?!?!?!

I mean come ON!!!!

szasza02
20 Jan 09, 11:03
I think it's for the 2008 year, not the football season.
http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=30671&L=en
buffon being the best goalie in 2008 is a joke... probably the voters would have felt themselves embarrased to vote on Julio Cesar, an Inter player (and also a foreign one) rather than buffon, who is a gobbo and italian...

classexa
20 Jan 09, 11:14
Is Ibra suspended against Roma in Coppa Italia or is it just against Sampdoria??

Handoyo
20 Jan 09, 11:18
Is Ibra suspended against Roma in Coppa Italia or is it just against Sampdoria??
Only against Sampdoria. He can play in Coppa against Roma.

By the way, I can't remember, but is this the first time suspension from Coppa Italia & Serie A is separated? I could have sworn that they combined them last time. Remember how Samuel got suspended for supposedly spitting at Nedved (:lol: Gobbi at their best) in the SuperCoppa match in 05/06? Or maybe SuperCoppa's suspension is combined with Serie A but Coppa Italia is not?

classexa
20 Jan 09, 11:29

By the way, I can't remember, but is this the first time suspension from Coppa Italia & Serie A is separated? I could have sworn that they combined them last time. Remember how Samuel got suspended for supposedly spitting at Nedved (:lol: Gobbi at their best) in the SuperCoppa match in 05/06? Or maybe SuperCoppa's suspension is combined with Serie A but Coppa Italia is not?

That's great :D

To be honest, I can't remember if they ever combined the two of them :confused: It's possible. You'll have to excuse my memory :lol:

Stefan
20 Jan 09, 12:17

Super coppa and serie a are combined. Normal coppa and serie a suspensions are separate.

Suneet
20 Jan 09, 14:37
You are right Stef, Han is just a conspiracy theorist. :D

classexa
20 Jan 09, 19:13
Oh damn I can't believe the hate on my man Ibra when he first got here. People, you should know better :lol:

Handoyo
21 Jan 09, 05:24
You are right Stef, Han is just a conspiracy theorist. :D
It was an honest question bro? Where was my conspiracy allegation? :confused:

Suneet
21 Jan 09, 14:34
It was an honest question bro? Where was my conspiracy allegation? :confused:

And you take everything I say seriously???

And to the statsfreaks, how many goals has Zlatan scored throughout his career? Is this season his most prolific?

classexa
21 Jan 09, 21:13
Ibra. 8 goals/8 last games :D

lonewolf19
21 Jan 09, 21:41
omfg crazy Ibra

Handoyo
22 Jan 09, 06:10
And you take everything I say seriously???

And to the statsfreaks, how many goals has Zlatan scored throughout his career? Is this season his most prolific?

15 in 28 matches this season, 22 in 34 matches last season.

So he's actually more prolific last season, although I think last season he scored a lot of braces/doubles so the goals were not as evenly spread out as this season.

Alessandro
22 Jan 09, 06:13

15 in 28 matches this season, 22 in 34 matches last season.

So he's actually more prolific last season, although I think last season he scored a lot of braces/doubles so the goals were not as evenly spread out as this season.

Last season he had scored a lot of penalties aswell...

Ilkinio
22 Jan 09, 06:14
Don't forget penalties. From 22 last year 7-8 were scored form penalties. So, he is getting only better.

Handoyo
22 Jan 09, 06:17
Indeed.

Pretty sure he doesn't assist as much though. :|

Stefan
22 Jan 09, 06:23
Indeed.

Pretty sure he doesn't assist as much though. :|

Actually you are wrong Han. According to Frisko's stats Ibra had 9 assists in total last season. He has 6 so far this season.

Adam
22 Jan 09, 07:00
He could of easily had 20 assists last season though. Maybe he doesn't actually "assist" less but he gives a lot less premium passes to his teammates, and has less second assists, but that's due to the position Mourinho has him playing.

Stefan
22 Jan 09, 07:25
Yo, how do I delete this mutha? Don't know why it got posted twice...

You can't. Only mods and admins can delete posts. Will have to wait for Adnan,Hamoudi or Han to delete it. I can't since I am not a mod for this section.

M.Adnan
22 Jan 09, 09:21
Like XL said, those direct assists aren't the main way to evaluate a player's contribution when it comes to creating goals and such.

You might make an excellent pass to some player, and then this player makes an easy pass to someone else who scores an important goal. At the end of the day, the assist won't be counted for the first player even though he's the one who started this goal scoring chance in the first place.

The only way to rate a player like Zlatan is to actually watch the whole game, not by just checking some numbers and stats.

Ilkinio
22 Jan 09, 09:25
Yep, watching how he makes likes of Mexes his little bitches- PRICELESS!

Handoyo
27 Jan 09, 01:43
As expected, now rumours are coming up that Man City will make a similar offer for him.

I'm not indifferent about the offer, honestly. Ibra is easily the biggest reason why we have been dominating Serie A for the past 2 1/2 seasons but with 100m Pounds, we can buy 3-4 world class players that will strengthen our squad dramatically. The question is, who, and how proven are those talents?

Hamsik is still very young with no CL experience or top-club experience.

Diego is erratic, was piss poor against us this season and has been a trouble-maker it seems this season.

Benzema? There are huge competitions over his signature.

David Villa seems content to stay at that asshole of a club.

Etc etc.

The easy way out is obviously to say no and just don't scout/negotiate for replacements. The hard way out, which is also more risky, is to accept the offer and buy his replacements.

And then of course there is the loyalty factor. We expect players to be loyal to us and I believe we should also be loyal to our player. Ahhh, the dilemma.

Adam
27 Jan 09, 02:25
I don't think there's any credence to these rumors. He was just asked by some journalist what he would of done if Man City made a similar offer to that of Kaka. He said "God knows" and added "but there's nothing concrete so I don't have to think about it", or something along those lines.

shahz_nerazzurri
27 Jan 09, 02:49
Nope, no way. I wont go as far as saying that he is priceless. But I am not selling him for 100mill. Maybe for 200mills. :-P

I dont think he will move anyways. I wish he had a better response than, "only god knows". But he is still the highest paid player in the world, and Moratti isnt half as dumb as Berlusconi. There is no way he will sell his best player.

Also in todays market, 100mills cant really get you 4-5 good players. Benzema alone would cost around 50, Aguero around 55-60, Ribery atleast 40. We can maybe get two or a maximum of 3 really good players for that amount, but in the end they wont be Zlatan. Might take time to adopt to the league or not be able to perform in SERIEA at all. So no thanks.

Stefan
27 Jan 09, 06:40
I am pretty sure that response that he needs to ask God is a digg at Kaka.;)

I wouldn't sell him or even consider the offer. I wouldn't sell my best players. If they want some of our players they can make an offer for the likes of burdisso.

Forza ragazzi
27 Jan 09, 06:48
Wouldn't accept. If he isn't replaceable, I don't trust Inter to buy the right players for the money from the sale.

Puma
27 Jan 09, 08:17
Just a few thoughts:

Ibrahimovic left Juventus as they were relegated to Serie B. He wanted to play in the top flight and more importantly, wanted to play in the Champions League. Last time I checked, Manchester City were midtable in the Premier League, 15 points off a place in the Champions League.

There is also the matter of Manchester City having a clueless coach. Mark Huges is rumoured to be on his way out and unless Ibrahimovic fancies playing under Roberto Mancini again then he should ignore any offers that come in from the Blue half of Manchester.

Xoonky
29 Jan 09, 07:12
I trust Ibra not going after the money, he has developed a great character and love at Inter and i really doubt he would leave unless asked too, though with his temper, you never know, he might just fall out with Mou or Moratti some day. Either way though, he has the highest pay in Serie A i think, and one of the highest in the world, so i doubt he'd join a crappy team for "money".

tritolone
29 Jan 09, 12:39
he earns 12mil + all sponsors contracts here. i dont think that city would give him an offer so much better that he'd leave us.

Adam
29 Jan 09, 14:38
I don't think he would leave for Man City unless Moratti would request it. At least not while they aren't contenders, but sooner or later he will leave for another club outside of Italy. It's basicly inevitable, and I would say the same goes for Adriano, although I can actually see Adri moving to another Italian club.

These kind of players will always have suitors, and once they hit a certain age the money we could get for them is worth more than their performances on the pitch, therefore it's better for the club to sell.

The only way I see Ibra staying at Inter for his entire career is if he goes into a huge slump, or gets injured and ventures into mediocrecy for a couple of years, then we would probably keep him because his market value wouldn't be high enough for a good deal, and once he hits 31-32 and still playing decent he would be too old to sell anyway so it's probable he could finish with Inter.

Other than that I don't see him staying the rest of his career. Also Ibra is very ambitous, he will want to test himself in another league sooner or later. But who knows, maybe he'll make captain and stay for the rest of hsi career. Stanger things have happpened, you never know, but I doubt it.

Tbh, as an Inter fan it would be great to see him play his entire career for us, but as an Ibra fan I'm kind of curious to see how he would fare in Spain or England, hopefully with some technical midfield players behind him.

Anyways, this talk about selling him is pointless. It's not as if Man City have made a bid. On another note, he'll play his 100th match in all competitions for us against Torino. :star:

Azzkikr
29 Jan 09, 15:36
I dont think Zlatan will leave as long as Inter lives or dies in matches almost purely based on his contribution.

He is constantly in the spotlight here at Inter and doesnt have to share it with anyone. He loves getting attention and to stand out. He wont do that at the same degree at bigger clubs in europe.

Forza ragazzi
29 Jan 09, 15:37
I'm not as convinced he'll leave. As long as Inter are successful, I don't he'll go anywhere.

Handoyo
29 Jan 09, 23:34
Adam, I did not follow Zlatan's career as long as you have, nor can I pull something out of my ass showing a clip/news about Zlatan from an obscure Swedish site. :)

But I don't think Zlatan will leave us as long as we'd like to keep him. From what I see, Ibra seems to completely enjoy his time in Inter. He never seems so stressed and that 'bad side' of his arrogance is gone. It's like he's now settled down. It's something like, a playboy is ready to finally settle down after screwing 100 different girls.

The only way I can see him leave would be something similar to the Vieri situation. Someone is ready to take his mantle in the future but Ibra still wants to have first-team football and thus, a rescission of the contract is mutually agreed by both parties.

Adam
30 Jan 09, 07:51
I agree Han, he looks completely satisfied with his life at Inter. I dunno maybe you're right.

Ilkinio
30 Jan 09, 07:55
And i guess he is one of the candidates for captain spot after Zanetti retires.

cloudq
30 Jan 09, 07:57
inter's a very traditional club

the captain's armband goes to the next most capped (inter caps) player in the leadership group

which is cordoba

Ilkinio
30 Jan 09, 08:05
That won't be very clever. Cordoba will retire shortly after Zanetti. We need someone who can play at least 5-6 years more. Cambiasso, Ibra.
If we have played in NHL Santon/Balotelli would be our next captain. But we are not hockey team :)

Puma
30 Jan 09, 08:15
That won't be very clever. Cordoba will retire shortly after Zanetti. We need someone who can play at least 5-6 years more. Cambiasso, Ibra.
If we have played in NHL Santon/Balotelli would be our next captain. But we are not hockey team :)

I cant stop laughing at the second half of your post and imagining Balotelli as Honorary Captain. I have no doubt, given his self confidence and ability, that he can Captain from the stands or possibly even his lounge room when watching his team mates in front of the television!

Ibrahimovic is not Captain material. He sulks and strolls around the pitch when things are going badly and he all too often criticises team mates for their mistakes. If you believe the last point is untrue, look at the last game Quaresma started and the amount of criticism Ibrahimovic gave him. It is little wonder the Portuguese is carrying so much psychological baggage.

Ilkinio
30 Jan 09, 08:25
Second half of my post was for laughs :)

Captaincy have tendency to change people. Imho we don't have captain material right now. Cambiasso is too soft. Ibra has certain leadership abilities. But, to be captain you should have both hard and soft parts in your character. First to deal with Adriano/Balotelli/etc, second to deal with poor Quaresma and type.

Handoyo
30 Jan 09, 08:36
Ibrahimovic as our captain would be a joke. He doesn't possess the leadership quality. He can lead our play, but not our players.

By order, the players who are most experienced in our squad is: J.Zanetti, Cordoba, Toldo, Materazzi, Stankovic, Adriano and Cambiasso. And due to their ages or belly, obviously Cambiasso should be the captain here.

VLE
30 Jan 09, 08:44
come to think of it, wasn't Adri here before Deki? I mean before he went to parma. I wasn't following inter closely at that moment, but he was at inter for something like 6 months, right?

Handoyo
30 Jan 09, 09:34
come to think of it, wasn't Adri here before Deki? I mean before he went to parma. I wasn't following inter closely at that moment, but he was at inter for something like 6 months, right?
Yeah, you're right. He was bought at summer 01 and then loaned out to Fiorentina in winter 02.

Alessandro
30 Jan 09, 09:52
I would give Maicon the captaincy...

Adam
30 Jan 09, 10:20
I don't see why Ibra shouldn't be able to be captain. I'm not saying he should but I hardly think the fact that he demands a lot from his teammates is something that should keep him from the captaincy.
It's obvious he has a lot of influence and also support within the squad, which is what is most important.

Although, I do agree Cambiasso should be captain after Zanetti.

Energy
31 Jan 09, 06:27
Well Materazzi and Cordoba are our vice-captains and Materazzi coming to the very end of his career it probably will be Cordoba, but I think Cambiasso would be a good choice.

Btw, Ibra is the shit, end of topic =p

lonewolf19
31 Jan 09, 06:46
To be honest, JZ will stay as captain for at least 2-3 seasons. It doesnt seems he is having hard time with fitness yet. We will talk about it then because any players can mature enough during these years to take captaincy role.

tritolone
31 Jan 09, 12:32
if stankovic is still here when JZ retires i think he's the one to take over the captain's spot. if he's not here then cambiasso is the one.

mexican_azzurri
02 Feb 09, 04:16
Ibra is more mature now that 2006 but the guy is too "closed" and that for a captain is not aceptable.

Handoyo
02 Feb 09, 04:19
I don't want anymore milestone matches.

J.Zanetti's milestone matches turned out to be disastrous or a struggling match.

And now Zlatan's 100th match also turned out to be a debacle.

Ehsan
02 Feb 09, 08:06
For me, the milestone I've been waiting for is after 4 games. Zlatan had 103 apps for Ajax, so on his 104'th game with Inter he will have played more games with us than any other team he played for.

desperanish
03 Feb 09, 08:42
Hi Friends

Auguri Ibra...

I Love Ibracadabra...

And this Tapic

Inter and Not Another

desperanish
03 Feb 09, 08:48
100th Game for Inter. Ibra isn't Very Good.

But if he Scored a Goal example his Bar He Become Legendary...

Jimmy Page
03 Feb 09, 09:32
Right

Jimmy Page
07 Feb 09, 18:18
3 more goals and Ibra will have scored as many as he did 07/08 in serie A. Hopefully and with pretty good odds he will score 20 + this season in the league

The_Eradicator
08 Feb 09, 10:02
I know red cards can be appealed to avoid suspension but can yellows? His booking for simulation was ridicolous, I just hate to think later on he is booked again and misses an important game in the future.

lonewolf19
08 Feb 09, 23:43
You cannot do much about it.
Zlatan is having an awesome season so far again. He is really on target to win the top scorer this year.

mexican_azzurri
09 Feb 09, 03:36
You cannot do much about it.
Zlatan is having an awesome season so far again. He is really on target to win the top scorer this year.

Yeah, and my reasons for that:
1.- Parma Match
2.- Mourinho.- makes a team around him and get liberty for explote the 100% of capabilities.
3.- He wants be the best and he is working for that.

CafeCordoba
09 Feb 09, 11:43
3 more goals and Ibra will have scored as many as he did 07/08 in serie A. Hopefully and with pretty good odds he will score 20 + this season in the league

And what makes this season far more better than the last one for Zlatan when it comes to scoring goals, is that there isn't a single penalty goal in his tally yet. Last season he scored 17 Serie A goals and 8 of those were penalties so he scored just 9 gameplay goals. Now he has scored already 14 gameplay goals in Serie A. That's a huge improvement as there's still 15 matches left. He can score every other match and he still gets over 20 goals.

There is also at least 2 CL matches and at least 2 Coppa matches left, so overall amount of matches left is 19-25 matches. A reasonable target for Zlatan's goal tally overall this season could be somewhere around 30 which requires 13 goals in those matches.

Handoyo
09 Feb 09, 12:23
Don't push it dude...The last time we had a 30 goal striker was...It was...50 years ago?

Surely not since I supported Inter in 01/02.

Jimmy Page
09 Feb 09, 12:27
How many goals did Adriano score during 03/04 season? Wasnt he close to be the topscorer in Serie A that year? And had a fair amount of goals in cl? I wasnt that in to football and that time so I can be totally wrong.

CafeCordoba
09 Feb 09, 12:27
Don't push it dude...The last time we had a 30 goal striker was...It was...50 years ago?

Okay, that 30 would be really good since the most probable amount of matches is 15 Serie A, 3 Coppa and 2 CL = 20, so 13 goals might be a bit too much to ask from Zlatan.

Gasparroni
09 Feb 09, 12:32
How many goals did Adriano score during 03/04 season? Wasnt he close to be the topscorer in Serie A that year? And had a fair amount of goals in cl? I wasnt that in to football and that time so I can be totally wrong.17 goals at Inter and Parma. Sheva ended with 24, Gilardino (Parma) 23 and Totti 20.

30 is almost a impossible number in the topscore list in the Serie A. Besides, I don't care much who will end as topscorer. It would mean that player is maybe too important for that team.
I'm also happy if Ibra set's up a attack where Maicon scores, or that Ibra gives the assists etc.......but this is never remembered, only the goals.....

Jimmy Page
09 Feb 09, 12:42
During the 04/05 season Adriano scored, according to wiki, 28 goals, maybe Ibra can match that

Gasparroni
09 Feb 09, 12:44
During the 04/05 season Adriano scored, according to wiki, 28 goals, maybe Ibra can match thatPerhaps that were all his goals. Because he scored 16 goals in the Serie A. Lucarelli was topscorer with (again) 24 goals, and Gilardino scored again 23 at Parma.

Jimmy Page
09 Feb 09, 12:49
Yea that was including coppa, cl and so on

tonyloo
09 Feb 09, 13:09
Ronaldo scored 34 his first season. Not really possible to beat. He should target Vieri's and Adriano's records, Vieri scored 27 goals 02/03 and Adriano 28 goals 04/05.

lonewolf19
09 Feb 09, 13:27
It is been a while to see an Inter's player getting over 25 goals.

Il Muro
09 Feb 09, 13:29

I think Vieri might've reached 30 if he actually managed to play at least 30 games in a season!

The_Eradicator
09 Feb 09, 13:41
On current form Ibra would probably just be shaded by Messi in Ballon d'Or stakes, as for the others, Ronaldo's season has been hampered by injury and Kaka won't play in the CL so it will be very hard for him to compete...

Anyway I think a 25+ goals in all competitions would be great, and if he can be top scorer in the league even better.

Adam
09 Feb 09, 15:58
I think 25 in all competitions is reasonable. He's on 17 now with almost half a season to play. Zlatan has said several times that one of his personal goals this season is to score more and it sure does show. The old Zlatan would probably have tried to pass the ball back to Cambiasso in the situation from which he scored against Lecce.

Allthough I still think he was more influential last season before his injury.

Suneet
09 Feb 09, 16:04
He needs to score more tap ins and start taking penalties. It all depends on how far we go in the CL.

Jimmy Page
09 Feb 09, 16:11
Well we have to get penalties in order for Ibra score from the penalty spot. We only have been rewarded with 1 penalty in the league so far and Ibra as you remember let Adriano take it. On the tap ins I agree, but Ibra have become better at it altough the main reason we seldom see Ibra do easy tap ins ala C.Ronaldo is because he often likes to operate outside the box. This is way Ibra doenst work as well as lone striker compard to have partner upfront who can be inside the box.

lonewolf19
10 Feb 09, 00:08
Btw, in Ballon d'or 2009 betting, Ibra is in second place behind Messi. CR7 being the third despite having an average season so far.

minterke
10 Feb 09, 03:30
Really hard to see anyone beating Messi this year...even Ibra's who's been spectacular..

Ilkinio
10 Feb 09, 05:02
It's up to CL, as always.

lonewolf19
10 Feb 09, 06:04
and when it comes to CL, we all know who performs better. Or which team performs better.

jamsieboy86
10 Feb 09, 16:56
Yeah true, Ibra needs to perform in this years CL to be considered. The CL will be very important this year as there's no International tournament.

Scorpion
10 Feb 09, 20:53
Actually, there is a international tournament this year. The FIFA

Confederations Cup.... But I dont think Argentina will participate in it as Brazil won the Copa America.

jamsieboy86
11 Feb 09, 12:55
The Confederations Cup isn't a proper competitive tournament, it won't be taken seriously by most people, except for the players involved.

interlab
13 Feb 09, 12:42
I dream ibra scoring a brace tomorrow in derby and tell everybody that he doesn't struggle in derbies and he is in form and is ready to destroy Man utd ...

Bes
14 Feb 09, 18:51
Actually, there is a international tournament this year. The FIFA

Confederations Cup.... But I dont think Argentina will participate in it as Brazil won the Copa America.
As I can remember the Confederation Cup of 2005 there were Brazil and Argetina both, Brazil winning by 4-1 with one goal of Adriano. IN that tournament Adri shyed so much! I can remember the goal of him against Germany from FK. Beauty one.

Jonnie_Venom89
15 Feb 09, 08:52
As I can remember the Confederation Cup of 2005 there were Brazil and Argetina both, Brazil winning by 4-1 with one goal of Adriano. IN that tournament Adri shyed so much! I can remember the goal of him against Germany from FK. Beauty one.

they both participated because Brazil -World Cup Champions 2002 ,but since they also won the final in 2004 of Copa America against Argentina, Argentina got to go from 2nd place to the Confederation Cup.:P

Rimpel
15 Feb 09, 21:36
good game by ibra today, set up deki in the first half and called all kinds of mayhem in the second half.

NimAraya
15 Feb 09, 21:38
Absolutely good match by him. I wish he and Adriano can keep this partenship. We need it for the CL match.

jamsieboy86
15 Feb 09, 22:28
Absolutely good match by him. I wish he and Adriano can keep this partenship. We need it for the CL match.

Agree totally, Ibra and Adriano need to be at their brilliant best for the Manure game.

lonewolf19
15 Feb 09, 22:32
Another assist to his rank. I really like the way he is playing now. Help out in defense, chase long ball and provide assists.

Handoyo
16 Feb 09, 03:37
There is no Serie A defence that can keep up with Ibra - Adri. They're both so physical that you need to double team them.

The only defence that can stop them are perhaps the EPL defence, where the defenders are more brawns than brains. Which is ironic considering we're facing Vidic - Ferdinand in CL. :wallbang:

shahz_nerazzurri
16 Feb 09, 06:28
Dont wanna jinx it, but if Adriano keeps up his good form (and both him and Zlatan improve their finishing), we will have the best attacking duo in Europe.

I dont think Vidic and Ferdinand have experienced a duo like that in EPL. They are not only physical but have got lots of skills as well.

Forza ragazzi
16 Feb 09, 09:40
I had expected more from Ibra yesterday, but he did fine.

Jimmy Page
16 Feb 09, 09:49
I know what you mean FR, you always excepct more from Ibra, and just after the match I thought he had a pretty bad game, but when the emotions had settled down I think he had a pretty okey match, 6-5 to 7.0 for me

Forza ragazzi
16 Feb 09, 13:29
I know what you mean FR, you always excepct more from Ibra, and just after the match I thought he had a pretty bad game, but when the emotions had settled down I think he had a pretty okey match, 6-5 to 7.0 for me

Yeah, I felt the same way. But he wasn't as visible as I would've wanted him to.

Adam
16 Feb 09, 13:44
Agreed, not as enthusiastic either. He looked kind of bored actually.

Azzkikr
16 Feb 09, 15:38
We have yet to see both perform in a game tho.

One has always been anonymous every single time they have played together, while the other has stood out.

CafeCordoba
16 Feb 09, 16:09
We have yet to see both perform in a game tho.

One has always been anonymous every single time they have played together, while the other has stood out.

I didn't see Zlatan anonymous yesterday, he got better when the match went on. He wasn't standing out, but I think he was good enough.

Azzkikr
16 Feb 09, 16:29
Im not saying he was terrible, just that he wasnt up to usual standard. He did improve in the second half tho.

And it has been like that every time they have played together, one has stood out and the other has been pretty average.

minterke
16 Feb 09, 17:00
Good enough I guess, as long as one of them performs good. Both players are capable of exploding at any moment.

Ehsan
16 Feb 09, 17:19
Except that they'll both need to stand out against Man U... We are very likely to concede so our best bet is to score more than them.

lonewolf19
16 Feb 09, 23:39
Yea, it is okay for easier games but against Man Utd, they both need to explode.
Otherwise it is really going to be difficult since Man Utd has a strong physical pair, Ferdinand-Vidic

Forza ragazzi
17 Feb 09, 14:18
However, they are creating space for each other all the time. The reason why Ibra perhaps was a bit less visible, may be because Milan feared him more, and put more effort into marking him instead of Adriano. This gave Adriano more space.

Handoyo
18 Feb 09, 01:23
However, they are creating space for each other all the time. The reason why Ibra perhaps was a bit less visible, may be because Milan feared him more, and put more effort into marking him instead of Adriano. This gave Adriano more space.
Agreed. Like I said in the other thread, it's a Catch 22 situation for the opposition. Maybe it's impossible for them to shine simultaneously but when it comes to Ibra & Adri, only 1 needs to shine and we'll be fine.

But of course, there's also the possibility that neither of them does well, in which case we're doomed.

A.l.i
18 Feb 09, 07:25

This is what happens and it is the reason why I don't see them both failing "together". 1 will get space, 1 won't.

Forza ragazzi
18 Feb 09, 08:07
But of course, there's also the possibility that neither of them does well, in which case we're doomed.

But this isn't unique with Ibra and Adri. This can happen with any striker pair.

Ilkinio
18 Feb 09, 08:40
It will be nice to have dangerous Adriano back. Depending on 3 players(4 with Stank) is so much better than depending on 2.

Luka
19 Feb 09, 17:00
I dont think Vidic and Ferdinand have experienced a duo like that in EPL. They are not only physical but have got lots of skills as well.
Essato.

Now just lets hope they will close all Adris favourite night clubs in Milano untill the CL final in may :)

As for the Zlatan, nothing extraordinary, but also he didn't loose the ball very much. Just an average game from him.

Also agreed with you guys posts, that the reason why usually one shines while the other doesn't, is because the one is "working" for the other. Who is the former, who is the latter depends on who will be more marked by the opposition and who won't.

Ilkinio
19 Feb 09, 17:10
I don't care who is scoring for this team, i care about victories..

Luka
19 Feb 09, 17:36
Exactly.

That's why we shouldn't worry if one of the two isn't playing like the other, if we are winning games.

For example, I've clearly seen at least one time, when Ibra was immidietly double teamed when he got the ball. The only time he wasn't double teamed was when he wasn't near the penalty area.

The same story happened when Nest had the best game against Ibra, and also when Cruz scored this contact goal in the home derby, when Ibra passed to Cambiasso while he was tripple teamed.

With Adriano at his best, there is no way the opposite team will double team both.

So as long, as we're winning, and either of the two is playing well, it's all good.

A.l.i
23 Feb 09, 07:25
What are most footballers nowadays wearing inside? What is it called? Body warmer??

http://www.javno.com/slike/slike_3/r1/g2008/m03/y165804075673997.jpg

Marcello
23 Feb 09, 08:19
What are most footballers nowadays wearing inside? What is it called? Body warmer??

http://www.javno.com/slike/slike_3/r1/g2008/m03/y165804075673997.jpg

Skins or thermals

A.l.i
23 Feb 09, 15:01
Big things are expected this time around Ibra. We'll see how he cope's with Rio.

Adam
23 Feb 09, 15:28
I don't know if Mourinho is a genius or a nut, but him going out and saying we need a perfect performance from Ibra isn't exactly taking the pressure off of him. He already has enough pressure on his shoulders, it doesn't seem smart to add to it, but maybe Jose knows something I don't.

Ilkinio
23 Feb 09, 15:42
Zlatan made very bold statements. Usually he is pretty modest and silent before such games. Let's hope Mour fired him up.

Azzkikr
23 Feb 09, 16:01
All focus will be on Zlatan and Ronaldo. I have a feeling both will have quiet games. They rarely shine through in these types of games.

minterke
23 Feb 09, 16:12
Zlatan wants everyone in the world to know he's the best? This is his game, if he can shine against Manchester, there is no question he's the best.

Azzkikr
23 Feb 09, 16:35
Zlatan wants everyone in the world to know he's the best? This is his game, if he can shine against Manchester, there is no question he's the best.

Just like he was supposed to do it against liverpool and before that Valencia...

We all know how that went. He always falls short in these situations, much like C.Ron actually.

I personaly have more faith in your boyfriend Adriano to do the difference if we are to get a result here.

minterke
23 Feb 09, 18:08
I have faith in both of them.

addo
23 Feb 09, 18:41
Just like he was supposed to do it against liverpool and before that Valencia...

We all know how that went. He always falls short in these situations, much like C.Ron actually.

I personaly have more faith in your boyfriend Adriano to do the difference if we are to get a result here.

Yes we know.. He was forced to playing without support since inter had one man less on the field for most of both legs..

lonewolf19
23 Feb 09, 23:45
CR7 and Ibra will be marked closely and heavily. I dont expect them to have a great game but whoever does more for his team will definitely leads to victory.

Come on IBRA!!

A.l.i
24 Feb 09, 14:24
It will definitely be Adri who will decide this game. Adri rarely dissapointed in european matches.

K.I.
24 Feb 09, 14:48
Really? Didnt he play in the previous years in the same matches we were knocked out in?

rockball
24 Feb 09, 15:00
Someone's forgot the Villareal game.

Azzkikr
24 Feb 09, 15:13
Adriano is actually the clubs all-time topscorer in the CL with 18 goals :howler:

A pathetic "record" tbh, really shows how much of a minor we are in this competition.

A.l.i
24 Feb 09, 19:38
Someone's forgot the Villareal game.

What about the Milan game before that??

Gasparroni
25 Feb 09, 00:16
Adriano is actually the clubs all-time topscorer in the CL with 18 goals :howler:

A pathetic "record" tbh, really shows how much of a minor we are in this competition.It's because Inter also played enough in the UEFA Cup. This is the EUROPIAN record of Inter:

Alessandro Altobelli 35
Giuseppe Meazza 29
Roberto Boninsegna 22
Sandro Mazzola 18
Leite Ribeiro Adriano 18
Alvaro Recoba 13
Julio Ricardo Cruz 13
Da Costa Jair 12
Obafemi Martins 12
Aldo Serena 12

minterke
25 Feb 09, 04:22
Ibra had a good game, how anyone can give him a 5 for his performance is beyond me. Our strikers were left completely isolated, the fact that we even saw Adri and Ibra actually creating scoring chances shows how good they are. Ibra showed his skill and almost set up Adri who should have scored, and Adri showed his strength and ball control and his ability to win headers deep in midfield, if we had a strong mid we would've wrecked ManU.

Imagine them with CR7 or Carrick feeding them passes!

NimAraya
25 Feb 09, 08:50
He was ok. But he still wasn't the Ibra we all expected. He even wasn't the Ibra against Milan. He was about 57%.

szasza02
25 Feb 09, 14:21
del

Adam
25 Feb 09, 14:25
I didn't see him having any chances other than the freekick. Adriano was the one who had a header chance but tried to dive for the penalty.

szasza02
25 Feb 09, 14:27
yeah, after I posted it I saw it's the Zlatan topic, so I deleted:)

Forza ragazzi
26 Feb 09, 11:41
I'm very satisfied with his performance. He deserves loads of credit for helping us to dominate the second half. Without him, we would've struggled to keep the ball in attack and press up with the midfielders.

Tekeo
11 Mar 09, 07:16
Hopefully this guy will do it for us tonight :).

lonewolf19
11 Mar 09, 08:13
He needs to shine in this game for us to have any chance of going through. Odds do not look too good but there is always hope.

Puma
11 Mar 09, 08:21
Hopefully this guy will do it for us tonight :).

Dont hold your breath because in all likelihood, we will have to wait until next season.

snake
11 Mar 09, 08:27
It's a two way thing.

Inter cant do it without Zlatan...but Zlatan cant do it without Inter.

How can we expect him to get us through if he doesnt even recieve the ball from midfield?

As benny said, this guy really is not appreciated enough by Inter fans. Only when he leaves will people start to see what we were blessed with.

He wants the Ballon D'or and that wont happen without the CL, sadly I dont think he has the team to help him acheive that goal.

A guy his height should not be able to do the things he does. This guy defies physics and is easily one of the most technical players our fans have ever been able to watch at the meazza.

Make no mistake, we dont progess in the CL without him...but he needs support. Simple as that.

Luka
11 Mar 09, 09:15
As benny said, this guy really is not appreciated enough by Inter fans. Only when he leaves will people start to see what we were blessed with.

Hal, there are many people here, who are smart enough to know this, but I agree, that there is still more people who just doesn't see it.

Hopefully Jose will make necesery additions to the squad in the summer. He tried with 4-3-3, but it didn't work. Seems he will go for 4-3-1-2 this year, and maybe he will get us some nice trio(striker, midfielder, trequartista).

snake
11 Mar 09, 09:26
Lukey, I'm sure most can see what Zlatan does for us. But when I say 'appreciate', I say it in the 'dont know what you got until it's gone' sense of the word.

Stefan
11 Mar 09, 10:28
Its a team game. Zlatan can't beat utd on his own. He needs help from the other 10 players. If we beat manoo it will be a team effort.

A.l.i
11 Mar 09, 15:41
manoo.

:p

Azzkikr
11 Mar 09, 15:44
Never scoring in a knockoutstage game in the CL is really impressive.

Adam
11 Mar 09, 17:47
Coincidence, as he's had more bars and posts than I care to remember. Also, his qualites lie more in putting others into play. If he gets a chance today I'm confident he'll set that bad streak straight.

Luka
11 Mar 09, 17:50
Lukey, I'm sure most can see what Zlatan does for us. But when I say 'appreciate', I say it in the 'dont know what you got until it's gone' sense of the word.
So true, so true.

Azzkikr
11 Mar 09, 18:37
Coincidence, as he's had more bars and posts than I care to remember. Also, his qualites lie more in putting others into play. If he gets a chance today I'm confident he'll set that bad streak straight.

I knew either you or that tool tonyloo would come defend him with that :D, but thats true, but he is still a striker and strikers are supposed to score goals.

19 knockout games and not a single goal is really incredible his ability taken into consideration.

Hopefully he will turn it around tonight, though it doesnt seem likely.

minterke
11 Mar 09, 18:38
Mitico Ibra! Score 1 tonite!

Handoyo
11 Mar 09, 21:23
Didn't know that he's never scored in the knockout stage...That's really horrible. :D

But would you take an Inzaghi who has scored many times in the knockout stage, including 2 in a final, over Ibra?

Yep.

minterke
11 Mar 09, 21:43
Mitico Ibra! Score 1 tonite!

Wow what a bad game he had...:moan:

Ilkinio
11 Mar 09, 21:54
Come on. He was our best player.

David Suazo
11 Mar 09, 23:01
Ouch guys. Ibra got the question: "Do you think you can win CL with Inter and do you think you'll stay with Inter?" ANd he said: I don't know. We'll see.

Live on swedish television.

On a positive note, with the money we'd receive from Ibra, we could buy a CL winning team.

Adam
11 Mar 09, 23:03
Ouch guys. Ibra got the question: "Do you think you can win CL with Inter and do you think you'll stay with Inter?" ANd he said: I don't know. We'll see.

Live on swedish television.

On a positive note, with the money we'd receive from Ibra, we could buy a CL winning team.

What channel was that?

Azzkikr
11 Mar 09, 23:05
20 games 0 goals.

Not bad.

Best player in the world for sure :howler:

David Suazo
11 Mar 09, 23:13
What channel was that?

Viasat Fotboll.

David Suazo
11 Mar 09, 23:17
He also said that winning CL was his only goal this season, so he managed to say 2 stupid things in one interview. Really impressive...

Adam
11 Mar 09, 23:22
So that interview should be available online. Are you sure he didn't just answer the first question and forgot about the "leaving Inter" part? Sometimes when Zlatan says things it's very cryptic...

CafeCordoba
11 Mar 09, 23:24
That answer wasn't too convincing. Probably there's some frustration and disappointment because of the loss though.

But still, I really can that there's a possibility Zlatan leaves Inter in the close future (1-2 seasons). Zlatan wants the Ballon d'Or and he can't get it at Inter as Inter is struggling in CL year after year. Also Raiola (agent) seems to want some extra cash so he would welcome a big money transfer with hefty slice of the fee going to his pocket (referring to Raiola's interview in this week).

It's clear we need to make some drastic changes to our squad. Zlatan isn't happy on the pitch when there's just muscle and hardwork playing with him. He has to do all the things alone up front because team mates are just too poor with the ball. This is clear and I don't see it impossible Raiola comes to Moratti one day and asks that Zlatan wants to go if you don't get some quality players to play with him.

Hammoudi
11 Mar 09, 23:45
True, he doesn't get alot of service; in fact, he is probably the only superstar striker with 15 league goals that has crappy service.

However, he misses easy chances regularly. He has improved on this a bit, but he has to bury those chances specially on an occasion like today.

CafeCordoba
11 Mar 09, 23:50
True, he doesn't get alot of service; in fact, he is probably the only superstar striker with 15 league goals that has crappy service.

However, he misses easy chances regularly. He has improved on this a bit, but he has to bury those chances specially on an occasion like today.

Yeah, in these games, the true stars are made. Not in matches against chievos and lecces. When the pressure is at the highest, the true stars deliver. Yes, he's too alone at Inter but still we managed to create those chances and when those chances are created, you have to use them!

Adam
12 Mar 09, 00:02
The question was "do you think you can stay at Inter and win the CL?" He said "dunno, we'll see." So it's not really a question of leaving just a question of not knowning if he can win the competition with Inter. In fact the answer "we'll see" is more positive towards him staying than leaving because it implies he wants to give it another shot.

Handoyo
12 Mar 09, 00:09
Where would he leave though? Chelsea, who have never won it? Man City? :lol: Real Madrid, who themselves have been a joke in the CL just like us lately? Barcelona won't buy him either, methinks.