PDA

View Full Version : Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

VLE
12 Mar 09, 00:40
Barca needs to replace Henry soon... though I do too think Ibra doesn't fit their style very well.

Inter_fan33
12 Mar 09, 00:42
Ibra fits in every style. The guy is a beast

lonewolf19
12 Mar 09, 01:35
I think Ibra will stay. He is doing well and enjoying himself here. As long as we move in the correct decision (signing more creative AM), Ibra will get a lot more services and hence goals/awards you name it.

Gasparroni
12 Mar 09, 02:48
If you guys even think of Ibra will be leaving and can be happy that we would earn enough money to buy a new team, I wonder what kind of fans you are.....I have never thought about Ibra leaving us, and I would be very sad and angry if he ever did. I wouldn't like it even if we would get 500 million.

Ibra has become really on his best so far at Inter. He has been important to us in every season. And (Interisti????) people are laughing at him because he doesn't score? Wow, I can't believe it!

There are many people who think they are smart and know everything from soccer. They think: "Ibra is a attacker, so he must only score". But this is so wrong! Ibra was never able to score many or easily goals, and he never will. It can be coinsidence that he is scoring well this season in the Serie A. The fact is that he isn't a player who must score.

Ibra is always working, he is probably one of our hardest workers in the team. He sets up many attacks, he is always availeble to play the ball too. And how is he supposed to score while he set up the attack?
It's not about who scores, it's about all the work that is done before the goal. Ibra is all doing that perfectly, and it's crazy that not many people can see this.
If every striker must only score goals, we would all have 2 Inzaghi's in our teams......yeah, that would be fun? The striker that must score goals is missing at Inter. It could be Cruz or Crespo, but they are too old and over the top. So it's not Ibra his problem that the goal didn't fall tonight, it's the fault of our scouts and everything that has to do with transfers. We need someone who scores easily near Ibra, then we would go perfect.

Ibra is here to work his ass off every game, to give great passes and sometimes to score a goal. But don't only judge him on goals, because thats ridiculous.

minterke
12 Mar 09, 04:05
There is no one in Canada who defends Ibra more than me. I try to smash into everybodys heads that he's one of the best players in the world, that he's a phenom because he is. He's an Inter legend no denying that.

But vs. Man Utd he had the service, he had the chances etc...he was poor though. Definetly not up to his standards. I was praying for him to have a good game so that cocksucker Derek Rae and those UEFA CL commentators can shut the fuck up about Ibra choking in Europe.

But he did. And it sucks.

Jimmy Page
12 Mar 09, 08:32
God damn it , watch the game again, he had a good game. It was one chance he maybe should have scored but he got a little to long to the right so it wasnt that easy. Stankovic should have scored, Adriano could have scored with little luck, 1 dm below the crossbar and we would have talked how fantastic Ibra was.

Ziyad
12 Mar 09, 08:40
I just bought his jersey,so he better not leave...

Seriously though i dont think there is anyone else (As Hammoudi said) that scored as much as him from open play.Ok he isnt the best finished but with proper creative midfielder around him that should change. I like Stan and Muntari but we should be a team that has them on the bench not starters.

Handoyo
12 Mar 09, 09:24
I just did too, Z.

But it doesn't matter, even if he leaves, it doesn't change the fact that over the past 2 decades, no player has been as influential as Ibra is for Inter, PERIOD.

Forza ragazzi
12 Mar 09, 09:48
People who flourish on Inter's losses or bad aspect disgust me.

Ibra played a great game last night. Also, a player like him shouldn't be judged solely on the amount of goals he scores. He is much more than this. Inter have failed in getting a scoring machine to partner him, a player that is supposed to score on all Ibra creates.

Ibra created and held up the ball once again. Vidic and Rio had to adapt to him, and we should not minimize that feat. Shame about the missed chances, but again, the game overall was massive. Without him we certainly would've had no chance at all.

NimAraya
12 Mar 09, 11:23
Ibra was ok for me. I don't understand all these moanings. What could he do when he was all alone with 5 Manu defender most of the time. I just think he could do more when he had a shot to VDS. He could stop the ball and maybe do something better.

CafeCordoba
12 Mar 09, 11:58
Ibra was ok for me. I don't understand all these moanings. What could he do when he was all alone with 5 Manu defender most of the time. I just think he could do more when he had a shot to VDS. He could stop the ball and maybe do something better.

We all saw his massive effort yesterday. But Mourinho has given Zlatan a role, he gave to Drogba back in Chelsea time. Drogba also had to fight every ball and but he had to score goals too, just like Zlatan has to in our system. Yesterday Zlatan failed in the latter part, scoring goals in two clear chances. We all know Zlatan's work is immense and very big, but that is his role in addition to scoring goals.

That's too big for him because he isn't a true goalscorer with killer instinct. So partly it's bad squad building, to rely your goalscoring mostly for player who isn't a NATURAL goalscorer.

Rimpel
12 Mar 09, 13:30
Wow did anyone see how disappointed Ibra looked in the interview with viasat. He tried to put on a fake smile but he looked totally lost.

Rimpel
12 Mar 09, 13:32
We all saw his massive effort yesterday. But Mourinho has given Zlatan a role, he gave to Drogba back in Chelsea time. Drogba also had to fight every ball and but he had to score goals too, just like Zlatan has to in our system. Yesterday Zlatan failed in the latter part, scoring goals in two clear chances. We all know Zlatan's work is immense and very big, but that is his role in addition to scoring goals.

That's too big for him because he isn't a true goalscorer with killer instinct. So partly it's bad squad building, to rely your goalscoring mostly for player who isn't a NATURAL goalscorer.

Problem is that Ibra is our only goalscorer, we could have really used someone like Lampard this season.

Azzkikr
12 Mar 09, 15:50
Ibra played a great game last night. Also, a player like him shouldn't be judged solely on the amount of goals he scores. He is much more than this. Inter have failed in getting a scoring machine to partner him, a player that is supposed to score on all Ibra creates.

At the end of the day he is a forward, forwards are supposed to score goals. When he misses gigantic chances like last night he doesnt deserve any praise, regardless of how well he played.

Games are won by scoring goals.

Gasparroni
12 Mar 09, 16:00
At the end of the day he is a forward, forwards are supposed to score goals. When he misses gigantic chances like last night he doesnt deserve any praise, regardless of how well he played.

Games are won by scoring goals.Zlatan only missed 1 chance, and that hitted the bar. The other chances weren't 100% scoring chances. And Ibra even didn't do much wrong with the header on the bar.

Ibra sets up attack, he works his ass off, he is almost the only one who delivers us creativety because nobody else can do this. How is someone supposed to score from a attack that he puts up himself? The striker near Ibra must be a killer, but Crespo and Cruz arent, Adriano and Balotelli can be, but don't show it. They are to blame and not Ibra.

Azzkikr
12 Mar 09, 16:11
Regardless who he plays with, he will still miss these easy chances. If you want to win the CL you have to score on such chances.

The other chances werent 100% chances, true, but Zlatan is supposed to be a special players and he has scored plenty of such goals before.

But when it counts the most in the CL knockoutstages, he simply cant deliver the goals, thats a fact and scoring is the most important thing.

He will never be considered best in the world before he starts scoring these easy chances. Scoring and not choking these easy chances, especially in the CL, makes the difference between winner and loser.

NimAraya
12 Mar 09, 16:14
Problem is that Ibra is our only goalscorer, we could have really used someone like Lampard this season.

And Crespo! It's amazing how Mourinho could easily ignored a player like him that were always great in CL and had a good record against english teams. We can't even use our own strenght right. Seems playing Stankovic and Muntari all the time is more important than puting Crespo's name in CL list!!:wallbang:

Jimmy Page
12 Mar 09, 16:54
When even many of the english newspapers and many of the man u supporters think he did a good day, well than I think is pretty obivous he had a good game. People always expect mircales from Zlatan, when he doesnt deliver, he basacilly sucks according to some people. Nevertheless he didnt score and that is what the game of football is all about.

But I still feel that the crisismen is a bit unjust. Zlatan has pretty much carried an average Inter on hes shoulders for the past 2 1/2 seasons. I know some people dont like Totti but he and Zlatan has many simillartys. Both Totti and Zlatan has made average teams abale to compete for titles both in Europe and Italy. Both players havnt scored against english teams. Does this make Totti any less of a player? I dont think so, he has done so much for Roma and have been a fantastic player for so many years. Personally I rate him as one of the best Italian players that have emerged during the last decades in Italy

David Suazo
12 Mar 09, 17:19
The question was "do you think you can stay at Inter and win the CL?" He said "dunno, we'll see." So it's not really a question of leaving just a question of not knowning if he can win the competition with Inter. In fact the answer "we'll see" is more positive towards him staying than leaving because it implies he wants to give it another shot.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/webbtv/sport/viasat/article4630500.ab

There you have the interview.

Principe
12 Mar 09, 19:22
I really think that yesterday he didn't play bad, yes he missed chances and a great striker should score those no doubt about it but like Azz said he did great holding the ball.....

I really think the pressure gets to him, the problem is we really don't have a striker who can perform on the big stage or take away some of that pressure that is put on Zlatan's shoulder before such a game (especially when you know you haven't scored in 19 KO games)....I mean as a player sometimes the sense of urgency added as a player is just not the best combination to have especially as a striker.... It was very visible in his 1 on 1 with van der sar where he ran in from the angle and tried to place it in....such shots needs a leveled head (not that Ibra is the best finisher but he has scored such goals before) and I'm pretty sure his thoughts while running was the need to put that in the back of the net and thus he missed such a chance......

I don't think he's better than Messi or such players but I think he's the person in our team that we should build our team around but also we should have players that can take the burden off of him....

I thought a 4-3-3 would help take the burden off of him if we get great names but like Azz stated during our attempt for the 4-3-3 we don't have the right midfielders (and also we should have gone for more effective players than Quaresma)......

I don't know if Mourinho will still attempt the 4-3-3 after an overhaul of the midfield or just play with the 4-3-1-2....but whatever it is for the system to work it must be done in such a way where Zlatan won't have to save our asses and be our creative spark each and every game....

Forza ragazzi
12 Mar 09, 20:55

I disagree.

Gasparroni
12 Mar 09, 20:58

In the end of the day Julio Cesar is a goalkeeper and goalkeepers are supposed to not consede goals.

When he let in 2 goals in 1 match he doesnt deserve any praise, regardless of how well he played.

Goalkeeper their games are won by not letting in goals.

It's a perfect example of the oposite, but perhaps now you will see that it's bullshit.

fugi
12 Mar 09, 21:08
It's a perfect example of the oposite, but perhaps now you will see that it's bullshit.

word! =)

minterke
13 Mar 09, 05:01
I saw the game again and I take back what I said earlier. Ibra wasn't that bad. He wasn't great but he did have a decent game. Actually both he and Balotelli played decently.

With a good creative midfielder to play with Cuchu and Zanetti, Man Utd would've definetly lost.

shahz_nerazzurri
13 Mar 09, 05:23
If I was Zlatan, and I had any ambitions, and wasnt a money hungry bitch thinking about the biggest pay cheque for a footballer, I would definitely move away from Inter this summer.

This guy has so much potential and class, Its sad really that he only cares about money, and thats why is still at Inter. He is a money hungry bitch, doesnt deserve any better.

rockball
13 Mar 09, 05:25
If I ever wanted to prove something to the world, I would play for Inter since it is the toughest team to win with.

Interista nr.1
13 Mar 09, 07:32
If I was Zlatan, and I had any ambitions, and wasnt a money hungry bitch thinking about the biggest pay cheque for a footballer, I would definitely move away from Inter this summer.

This guy has so much potential and class, Its sad really that he only cares about money, and thats why is still at Inter. He is a money hungry bitch, doesnt deserve any better.
That's strange thing to say, because im sure other clubs would give him same money or more, manchester city would give him double of what he earns.

VLE
13 Mar 09, 07:34

Well, he was given three roles.
Target, playmaker, scorer.

When our scorer has to play two other roles that attract the defenders the most, I won't blame him much.

A.l.i
13 Mar 09, 15:39
People call him a "big game flop." I will only call Ibra a big game flop and not world class when he flops in a team which has equal and creative players to support him, where all the burden isn't on him, still he fails. That is only when I will definitely concede to what pundits like Andy fucking Gray say about him.

Messi, CR7, Kaka all have brilliant + creative players around them to support them equally which is why they all perform well in such big games. Ibra is all alone.

Azzkikr
13 Mar 09, 16:21

:lol:

This is probably the dumbest post ever written here.

Cesar relies on his defense not to let in goals, when a moron like Vieira doesnt mark his man and Vidic has all the time in the world to make a perfect header, then Cesar is not to blame, he didnt stand a chance.

Zlatan on the other hand, has only himself to blame for missing one easy chance after another, he is supposed to be world class, but it certainly never shows when in matters the most in the knockoutstages.

Well, he was given three roles.
Target, playmaker, scorer.

When our scorer has to play two other roles that attract the defenders the most, I won't blame him much.

This is irrelevant, he still had some good chances, but he wasted them. It doesnt matter how much responsibility he has or how many roles he has to cover, bottomline is that he wastes easy chances and you need to score these easy chances to win the CL.

If he hadnt gotton any chances at all and been outmarket the entire game then you could argue that it was because he didnt get enough help, but this isnt the case, he got plenty of good chances but failed miserably. Its Zlatans fault he misses easy chances, no one else.

ronaldinhiano
13 Mar 09, 21:42
you guys should really change the "son of god" option in the poll....this has nothing to do with me being a milanista. It's offensive to christians (who would consider it blasphemous) anyway I predict a plethora of insult riddled posts coming up for saying this.

shahz_nerazzurri
13 Mar 09, 22:07
you should really go and commit suicide...... this has nothing to do with you being a milanista. You are just so dumb, its actually offensive not only to Christians but to all other religions and races in the world (you being this dumb kind of makes people loose their faith in god). anyways I predict you wont commit suicide, but if you ever plan to do so, and need some help, feel free to call me.

ronaldinhiano
13 Mar 09, 22:30
you should really go and commit suicide...... this has nothing to do with you being a milanista. You are just so dumb, its actually offensive not only to Christians but to all other religions and races in the world (you being this dumb kind of makes people loose their faith in god). anyways I predict you wont commit suicide, but if you ever plan to do so, and need some help, feel free to call me. I know I trash talk inter a lot....but honestly I meant no offense this time...sorry. All I meant is that us Christians think of the Son of god being Jesus...and to equate Ibrahimovic with him is offensive.....any way carry on.

bollockologist
13 Mar 09, 23:43
Inter should concentrate on how to make the most of the INCREDIBLE abilties that Ibrahimovic has (keeping the ball, creating, passing, etc.) and take pressure out of him for scoring.

I do believe that pressure is an important part of Ibra's inability to score in CL knockout games. If there was a Messi in the team for example I think he would feel a lot less pressured to do everything and less pressure leads to better scoring imo (more so because defenders of the opposite team would have to take care of two very dangerous players instead of just one).

Which makes the acqusition of an excellent AM an absolute must for next year.

kylan05
14 Mar 09, 03:35
Benny said it perfectly (in anU-Inter thread).

Zlatan please don't even think of leaving. It's going to break my heart badddly if he does :(

Gasparroni
14 Mar 09, 11:13
Zlatan must know even beter than all of us that Inter is missing a real killer. Now that they will finally go look for this next summer (and I think it will be Milito), and also Acquafresca will come. And also Inter will look creative midfielders, so Zlatan can keep his mind only at attacking instead of always helping our midfield out to set up attacks. I think this will all help to make Zlatan even more better. And when he realize this, I don't see any reason why he should leave.

Forza ragazzi
14 Mar 09, 11:57
Benny said it perfectly (in anU-Inter thread).

Zlatan please don't even think of leaving. It's going to break my heart badddly if he does :(

What did Benny say?

ALAIN7
14 Mar 09, 12:03
Zlatan must know even beter than all of us that Inter is missing a real killer. Now that they will finally go look for this next summer (and I think it will be Milito), and also Acquafresca will come. And also Inter will look creative midfielders, so Zlatan can keep his mind only at attacking instead of always helping our midfield out to set up attacks. I think this will all help to make Zlatan even more better. And when he realize this, I don't see any reason why he should leave.

Sport on mate. He's being too pressured by helping our non-creative midfield.:rolleyes: That's why we are lacking goals.

kylan05
14 Mar 09, 15:34
What did Benny say?

Pretty much that INTER doesn't deserve Zlatan (i'm too lazy to find the post, but it's there somewhere). Which is true. Which is my thought already for a while...just never dare to spit it out.

Zlatan wants to win Baloon d'Or. He has all the capabilities to do it. He just needs to have the right team to play for (or teammataes to play with).

I'm pretty sure he knows this (or his agents wouldn't fail to fill him in), and I'm going crazy with a thought of him quitting on us.

lonewolf19
14 Mar 09, 15:54
That is why we need to make a really good transfer market next season and ensure all of our star players does not leave Inter.

If we get enough creative players to support Ibra, I am sure he will be happy staying here.

Azzkikr
14 Mar 09, 15:57
We only have one superstar and thats Cesar, i doubt he is going anywhere.

Rimpel
15 Mar 09, 21:39
^ That's some nice bullshit.

Not the fact that Cesar is superstar ofc. Do you understand where this team would be without Ibra? Do you?

lonewolf19
15 Mar 09, 22:12
Zlataaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!

Adam
15 Mar 09, 22:13
Enter Azzkikr: "Frey shoukld of read the ball much faster from that distance. What a fuck up by Frey.":D

Ilkinio
15 Mar 09, 22:18
I was watching game on TV, channel stopped decoding, i switched to some Chinese stream. It was 109km/h for god's sake! bullet!

CafeCordoba
15 Mar 09, 22:22
Han, hunt for the 20 goals in the league continues. :)

30 goals in season is probably out of the reach as I doubt he can score 10 goals in 10 Serie A matches and one Coppa Italia match.

Last time Inter player scored 20 goals in Serie A was Vieri back in 02/03 (24 goals). Long time.

Azzkikr
15 Mar 09, 22:30
Typical Zlatan to be clinical again when the pressure is off.

Ilkinio
15 Mar 09, 22:31

You are just brilliant :dielaugh:

CafeCordoba
15 Mar 09, 22:34

Sadly, this is how it goes.

Adam
15 Mar 09, 22:51
I think after Parma-Inter the argument that he can't cope with pressure is really weak. Other examples include Inter-Psv(needed the win), Inter-Cska(two goals down), and all the times in Serie A he's scored for us when we were a goal down.

I thought he looked completely uneffected by pressure against United. Didn't look nervous at all. It's just that he lacks the killer instinct of a Trezeguet or Inzaghi.

Azzkikr
15 Mar 09, 22:54
All i know is that he has played 20 knockout games and scored 0 goals.

Always when he has the chance to prove himself the most, he comes short.

And there is absolutely nothing you, tonyloo or that tool who just posted after me can say that will change this fact.

caelestis
15 Mar 09, 22:54
Sadly, this is how it goes.

Actually it's mostly true but not because of the reasons you seem to think. The reason he performs better here is that the teams isn't as good as in CL so here he can actually win games by himself, something that is harder to do in CL. Also since Italien football is so slow and defensive Zlatan is used to having a bit more time to find goal himself or to pass to teammates. In CL he doesn't get that time. He wouldn't have any problem playing with a fast team though since he has done that before. I just ope Mourinho is able to find some good players for next season. This year only Santon was a keeper.

Azzkikrs comments I won't talk about though since he is clearly just out to get attention and doesn't know shit about football.

A sidenote: Anyone know if Zlatan eally dislikes Muntari? I often get that impression when watching the games and goal celebrations etc.

Jimmy Page
15 Mar 09, 22:57
All i know is that he has played 20 knockout games and scored 0 goals.

Always when he has the chance to prove himself the most, he comes short.

And there is absolutely nothing you, tonyloo or that tool who just posted after me can say that will change this fact.

Its actually 16 matches, although that doesnt make your point less valied

lonewolf19
16 Mar 09, 00:24
Even if Ibra does not score under pressure (CL knock out) it does not matter. Keeping him healthy means a + 50% chance winning the Scudetto. We should sign another WC poacher to partner Ibra up front then we will definitely have everything needed up front.

shahz_nerazzurri
16 Mar 09, 00:32
In CL there is way too much pressure on him to perform, and he just bundles under the pressure, just like most of our players, sadly.
The two CL games against English opposition define our season, and our players sadly cant handle that kind of pressure.

Adam
16 Mar 09, 00:33
His interview with Rai after the match is quite telling. He was asked a question(forgot what, something about winning), and he said "Yes, we won, but we didn't play well. We can better. If we play like this we'll win the championship but not the Champions league." And then he walked away.

Doesn't sound like he's content. To my ears this basicly means;"reinforce the squad in the summer or I'm out".

Gasparroni
16 Mar 09, 00:39
Omg, look at him!

http://i39.tinypic.com/28wjm82.jpg

How can someone ever jump that high in the situation. It's really amazing how acrobatic Ibra is. I'm sure even Olimpic players are jealous at his acrobatics hehe.

Adam
16 Mar 09, 00:45
:lol: That's some jump! Getting elbowed in the ass to. Should have been a penalty.:D

lonewolf19
16 Mar 09, 01:19
Watch NBA. It is rare in soccer though.

minterke
16 Mar 09, 01:22
I think after Parma-Inter the argument that he can't cope with pressure is really weak. Other examples include Inter-Psv(needed the win), Inter-Cska(two goals down), and all the times in Serie A he's scored for us when we were a goal down.

PSV and CSKA are hardly 'pressure'. Anyways who cares, Zlatan's on fire...in Serie A.

Nyall
16 Mar 09, 01:24
Watch NBA. It is rare in soccer though.

I watch it And I don't think there's any player apart from Nate Robinson who can raise their legs so high.

Handoyo
16 Mar 09, 03:25
I agree with Adam. For the first time in quite awhile, I can see that Ibra seems discontent with the side. It was as if he felt he is the only one who can do a thing and who can blame him really.

I hope his disappointment will dissipate once we (Fingers crossed) win the Scudetto. :)

And to the emos: It's very funny how you think pressure can come only from the Champions League. Very funny, so now games against Roma, Juventus & Milan in the league are not pressured anymore. To quote Ranieri, your attitude reminds me of "spoilt children." Just because we are dominating Serie A right now, you are taking the matches & victories for granted.

snake
16 Mar 09, 03:34
Just because we are dominating Serie A right now, you are taking the matches & victories for granted.

Yeah.

That was Mancini's fault actually. We won 17 straight and broke the European record previously held by Bayern and Real. After that, people just didn't even bother because they just new before the game, forgone conclusion, we had already won.

God, i'd like to see some of these younger fans during the hard times.

shahz_nerazzurri
16 Mar 09, 04:44
And to the emos: It's very funny how you think pressure can come only from the Champions League. Very funny, so now games against Roma, Juventus & Milan in the league are not pressured anymore. To quote Ranieri, your attitude reminds me of "spoilt children." Just because we are dominating Serie A right now, you are taking the matches & victories for granted.

Its a known fact, that pressure in CL for us >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than any game in the league.

Italian teams in general feel more pressure in CL, cause lately they havent been performing that well, and they feel its their only chance at getting back at the English teams backed by their media. They players know they have to perform in these games, otherwise they will be labeled big game chokers, even if they go ahead and score a double hatrick in Milan derby.

For us the pressure is more so than the other Italian teams, there is way less pressure on us in the league, cause we are leading it by a good margin, and have won it in the past 3 years, and now everyone knows CL is the next step.

You can see by how scared our players are in CL games, that the pressure is way too much on them.

VLE
16 Mar 09, 05:19
Yeah.

I was around in 90s when scudetto by far held more value than CL cups, and each and every serie A clubs posed a threat.
Not exactly the same now, is it?

Handoyo
16 Mar 09, 05:52
Its a known fact, that pressure in CL for us >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than any game in the league.

Italian teams in general feel more pressure in CL, cause lately they havent been performing that well, and they feel its their only chance at getting back at the English teams backed by their media. They players know they have to perform in these games, otherwise they will be labeled big game chokers, even if they go ahead and score a double hatrick in Milan derby.

For us the pressure is more so than the other Italian teams, there is way less pressure on us in the league, cause we are leading it by a good margin, and have won it in the past 3 years, and now everyone knows CL is the next step.

You can see by how scared our players are in CL games, that the pressure is way too much on them.
Your point?

So because there is that much more pressure in CL games, it makes CL that much more worthy than the Scudetto?

And who gives a damn about what the media label us anyway. When we do poorly in the league, we're Serie A chokers. When we do well, we're Serie A cheaters. Probably gonna be the same damn thing in the CL.

Yeah.

That was Mancini's fault actually. We won 17 straight and broke the European record previously held by Bayern and Real. After that, people just didn't even bother because they just new before the game, forgone conclusion, we had already won.

I wanted to say "I wish Inter go back to its state in the early 2000s" but no, I don't wanna go through those times again myself. :D Maybe create a time machine and send the ingrates back to those times...That'd be cool.

shahz_nerazzurri
16 Mar 09, 06:23
Your point?

So because there is that much more pressure in CL games, it makes CL that much more worthy than the Scudetto?

I didnt say it was more worthy, even though if it might be the case. You were talking about pressure, and I was explaining why the pressure in CL is so much greater for us, which could be one of the explanation why Ibra usually bottles it up, and is unable to perform.

What makes CL more worthy than Scudetto is the fact that we havent won the CL since 1965. If we win it somehow, I wouldnt give a crap about for the next 5 years, focusing on the league instead.

NimAraya
16 Mar 09, 06:33
It's just the memory of victories shahz. Everyone admit in Italian championship there is alot of pressure and stress for everyone but because we are the winner for 3 seasons we gained a firm confidence when we play it.

Our situation in CL right now is exactly like 5,6 years ago in Serie A when we always were finishing 2en, 3rd or 4th and everyone in the club was saying that we need to win then the next wins will come. It's the same story for us in CL now. We need to win then we will have the confidence we need in CL for next years. Somethign that happened to Liverpool too.

snake
16 Mar 09, 06:44
I was around in 90s when scudetto by far held more value than CL cups, and each and every serie A clubs posed a threat.

I was referring to Inter's darker times in the early 2000's, no mention of the value of CL over Serie A, or vice versa.

VLE
16 Mar 09, 07:21
I was referring to Inter's darker times in the early 2000's, no mention of the value of CL over Serie A, or vice versa.

and I was reffering that some old fans who has been with inter for somewhere around ten yrs are freaking out as well, even with the possible scudetto this season.

Forza ragazzi
16 Mar 09, 09:29
I'm starting to fear he might leave this summer. But then again, with Mourinho realising the need for new players and Zlatan's role in the club, I think Moratti will give in to the demands for new players. Let's just hope Zlatan brings it up in a way that doesn't cause too much stir.

shahz_nerazzurri
16 Mar 09, 09:32
Zlatan is the single most highest earning player in the world, I doubt he will create any drama in the summer.

Forza ragazzi
16 Mar 09, 09:36
His will for victory might make him leave.

Adam
16 Mar 09, 09:51
Agreed FR. Oh and Shahz, Ibra is just the highest earner if we only count netto salary. There's many players making more than him because they have imagerights etc included in the contract, on top of their salary.

Handoyo
16 Mar 09, 09:53
Agreed FR. Oh and Shahz, Ibra is just the highest earner if we only count netto salary. There's many players making more than him because they have imagerights etc included in the contract, on top of their salary.
How about after-tax figures? Does he still earn more than, say CR7 or Messi? Galliani moaned about taxes in Italy so I thought I'd raise this issue out.

Adam
16 Mar 09, 09:58
Yeah, that's what "netto" means dude. Must be just a Swedish term. Damn I thought it was the same in English.

Ilkinio
16 Mar 09, 09:59
It is.

shahz_nerazzurri
16 Mar 09, 10:24
Netto is a slang word for net. lol

Ibra's after tax earnings are higher than Messi and C.Ronaldo. Lets not even talk about before tax, considering the highest earning tax bracket in Italy is 47%, in England it is 40% and in Spain its 30%.

But yeah I dont know about image rights and stuff. Some clubs give their star players full control over their image rights, some take a share out of it.

CafeCordoba
16 Mar 09, 12:08
http://74.125.39.132/translate_c?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&langpair=auto|en&u=http://www.fcinternews.it/index.php%3Faction%3Dread%26idnotizia%3D2912&tbb=1&usg=ALkJrhihC3bc-dqZw6jfeArr1dqjiuDNnQ (http://74.125.39.132/translate_c?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&langpair=auto%7Cen&u=http://www.fcinternews.it/index.php%3Faction%3Dread%26idnotizia%3D2912&tbb=1&usg=ALkJrhihC3bc-dqZw6jfeArr1dqjiuDNnQ)

It starts to be pretty clear Zlatan will demand a serious reinforcements for the squad. Can't blame him for that really.

Jimmy Page
16 Mar 09, 12:20
17 goals in 26 matches in serie A, exactly the same stats as last year, with the difference that this year none of his goals has been made from 11 meters.

CafeCordoba
16 Mar 09, 12:40
17 goals in 26 matches in serie A, exactly the same stats as last year, with the difference that this year none of his goals has been made from 11 meters.

And there's 10 matches left.

lonewolf19
16 Mar 09, 12:43
We definitely need some huge improvements this summer. Enough talk of best defense in serie a and best attack. If we stays like this, we are going to end up like Bilan now.

Azzkikr
16 Mar 09, 15:38
We dont have the best attack in serie a. We have the best forward, but not he best striking force, juve clearly has that.

And about Zlatan performing in serie a "under pressure", its a completely different case. Its not make or break like in the CL.

When he has infact never scored a single goal in 20 knockout games, even the most biased Zlatan fanboys will admit there is a problem.

minterke
16 Mar 09, 18:18
Sampdoria probably has the best strikers.

Gasparroni
16 Mar 09, 18:23
Ibra is in the new Nike commercial:

zfnEOYEK_aw

alvaro
16 Mar 09, 20:09
Ye, Zlaatana has surely choked at the big CL games, but as it has been said for million times before, partly because of the non-existent service or the fact he is all alone fighting against the likes of Ferdinand, Carragher and co. Thats how it's been at Inter at least, about Juve I dont know. I would like to see Zlatan who is actually supported by the another striker, and serviced by Diego or some other creative player. Let's just hope that happens in Inter and not in another club..

snowforum180
16 Mar 09, 20:59
I hope Ibra basically tells Moratti that he needs help in attack, and who can he see himself playing with. I mean this is not a very classy way to do things, but are best player knows whats best for Inter.

K.I.
16 Mar 09, 21:13
lol thats actually a pretty cool Ad.

Speaking on the problem, i think we all know the reason why we strugle in CL matches and we have said it many hunred times. Our midfield cant run shit against big teams and always cant play under pressure. We need better midfielders, simple as.

Azzkikr
16 Mar 09, 21:22
Blaming lack of service is only true for a handfull of games.

Both against Liverpool and SS this year against United at OT he had the chances, but failed miserably.

Hammoudi
16 Mar 09, 21:26
I normally don't like it when players 'demand' reinforcements from the squad.

However, after years and years of not having capable playmakers (honestly, when is the last time we had a good playmaker? Even on the wings????)

Alessandro
16 Mar 09, 21:30
I normally don't like it when players 'demand' reinforcements from the squad.

However, after years and years of not having capable playmakers (honestly, when is the last time we had a good playmaker? Even on the wings????)

Veron?

shahz_nerazzurri
16 Mar 09, 21:31
:d:D

Hammoudi
16 Mar 09, 21:34
Veron wasn't a good playmaker, he was average. Just like Pizarro, Van der Meyede, Figo, Jimenez etc.

We always rely on half-solutions, I hope Mou and Ibra push our management to get proper players.

Handoyo
16 Mar 09, 22:40
Veron wasn't a good playmaker, he was average. Just like Pizarro, Van der Meyede, Figo, Jimenez etc.

We always rely on half-solutions, I hope Mou and Ibra push our management to get proper players.
My fellow Veron-hater. :hug:

But the last time Inter had a midfielder who can do a decent job offensively might be Emre in 02/03. Figo was pretty damn effective in 05/06 with his goals & assists but mostly came from set pieces.

Alex de Large
16 Mar 09, 22:45
Matthaus.

NimAraya
17 Mar 09, 07:11
Veron is not the player you can count on that much. He has many Ups and Downs. He's alittle better version of Stankovic, but he's as dumb as him and lose many passes. Riquelme is much much better player than Veron, you can really call him a "Playmaker".

Adam
17 Mar 09, 07:27
I think Ibra should put all his focus on trying to win the Capocannonieri title. He needs a new challenge now that we're out of the CL. Only two behind Di Vaio, so it's not impossible. I think he can do it.

lonewolf19
17 Mar 09, 07:39
His new challenge is to simply bring us our forth Scudetto!
I believe he can do it :)

classexa
17 Mar 09, 10:44
http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/multimedia/dynamic/00880/17s89-zlatan-438_ps_880635l.jpg

It's sick how high up he is :wth:

Adam
17 Mar 09, 11:58
Zlatan Ibrahimovic Keen On Barcelona Switch – Report

Barcelona would not need to do much to persuade Zlatan Ibrahimovic to join them in the summer, according to an Italian source.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic is keen to taste success in the Champions League and believes that a move to the Primera Division, and Barcelona in particular, could bring him that, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport.

The Swedish international striker wants a fresh challenge and his agent, Mino Raiola, has made no secret of the fact that a move to Camp Nou would be tempting.

“Mino Raiola has a clear idea of what could happen and has maintained contact with Barcelona," the Italian paper states. "The first exchanges have been satisfactory.”

At no time has there been any contact with Inter about a possible switch but the fact that there is interest could mean that the Milan club will have to make the first move to see what the player's plans are.

"Nobody can think that they can tie Ibrahimovic to Inter," Raiola said recently. Such comments have led to speculation that, after another early exit from the Champions league, a move could be on the cards.

The sale of Samuel Eto'o would ease the way for the Swede to move to Camp Nou and, while the Cameroonian striker will not discuss a new deal, the Blaugrana are drawing up a list of possible replacements.

In case Barcelona are not interested - reports in Spain suggest that David Villa is at the head of their queue - the option of Real Madrid is also put forward.

"As an alternative, Ibrahimovic could team up with Carlo Ancelotti at Madrid, with Florentino Perez back as president," La Gazzetta dello Sport claims.

Lucas Brown, Goal.com

Every season this time of year there's rumors that he's going to another club, but most of the time it turns out being bullshit meant to sell newspapers. But this time, based on his agents comments and Zlatan's somewhat bitter comments regarding the Cl I think there might be some truth in it. This is the top story in Gazzetta aswell..

Eto'o the other way wouldn't be bad, and we would probably get 10-15 mil in between but in any case it will be a huge loss for the club. We'd have to invest in some serious midfielders to win the league with Eto'o, nevermind the CL.

I wonder how much we could get for Ibra if we sold him straight up? Of course just hypothetically, I don't want him to go but I'd say about 40-50 mil. Probably more if he went to Chelsea or Man City, but you know that's not happening.

40-50 isn't really that much all things considered. We buy one star, he turns out to be a flop, and we're left with 15 million wondering where the money went. Anyways we'll see but I'm worried.

classexa
17 Mar 09, 12:04
I don't think he'll go anywhere to be honest and I doubt they'll let Eto'o go. He's a scoring machine in Barca

But if he wants to win CL as he says, he'll have to move.

Jimmy Page
17 Mar 09, 12:11
He will not go to barca. Barca dont need Ibra. Barcelona will go for either Villa or Ribery maybe both. Or perhaps Aguero. Im 100 % sure that this is a way to put a bit of pressure on Inter to get better players.

rockball
17 Mar 09, 12:19
Honestly he doesn't fit in Barca's current style. Madrid is a different thing. He would fit in very nicely over there.

Stefan
17 Mar 09, 12:25
Etoo is the best finisher in the game. If we can get him and some cash and we have enough to replace zlatan with augero it would be ok but only if Zlatan wants to go. No point keeping an unhappy player.

classexa
17 Mar 09, 12:29
He can't just pick up his things and move though. He has the kids and Helena to think about.

Anyway, I really hope he stays

.:42:.
17 Mar 09, 12:30
I can't hear such rumours anymore!

Everyone in Italy hoped Inter will struggle in Serie A after the CL exit. But it didn't happen. And why? Because we have Ibrahimovic.

It is just the next step of the press. Now they attack Ibrahimovic.

That is just bad journalism. We simply have to ignore such rumours.

Azzkikr
17 Mar 09, 12:34
I doubt there is any truth to this.

I also believe Zlatan would be a failure at Barca.

Zlatan needs to be the big star in attack, to have the ball and be the focus point of passing. But when there is other players on who also needs the ball alot, Zlatan fades. We have seen it plenty of times when he has partnered Adriano this season. With Messi on the same team and Barca's midfield i think Zlatan will struggle to make an impact really.

But lets hope this doesnt happen, we would lose all the swedish "fans" on this board then and after all they have been responsible for making my day more than once with their biased talk.

Would be a big loss in more than one way.

Adam
17 Mar 09, 12:34
Honestly he doesn't fit in Barca's current style. Madrid is a different thing. He would fit in very nicely over there.

What makes you say that? Tbh a player with Ibra's qualities can play in any team.

And I agree Stefan, If we could get both Eto'o and Aguero we would be fine. We'd still have to upgrade the midfield though.

rsz85
17 Mar 09, 14:17
He failed once in 4-3-3 system...

But he would fit very well to RM, where "everybody" will be transferred and pres election will be in the summer, and Perez has the most chance who loves superstars taking to madrid.

So, i think this romours aren't true.

Jimmy Page
17 Mar 09, 14:21
I wouldnt say that it was Zlatan who failed in the 4-3-3 experiment, besides he played in a 4-3-3 formation in ajax and it worked pretty well.

lonewolf19
17 Mar 09, 14:26
I wouldnt sell him. He is basically the only one who can make a difference in our team. Instead, we should sign more midfielder and add a great finisher.

Pravesh
17 Mar 09, 14:49
It would be terrible if we loose Zlatan. I mean, I was hoping that we would finally sign a wonderful playmaker, a good midfielder and have someone alongside him (pure striker - mario/milito, whoever). I am kind of losing hope on Adriano lately. He will surely not go back to his old form nor might he go down BUT we need a classy poacher to play alongside Zlatan, coz Zlatan ain't one.

It was sad not to see Ronaldo -- Vieri in action but now we have another chance to see that kinda duo in Inter. All we need is 3/4 class players in the summer market and we would be perfect.

Well, if despite the assurances that Inter would be getting those players and he would still insist on going away, we should let him leave. With that money, lets hope we sign Aguero and co.

And incase, this is his strategy to force the club to sign quality midfielders in the midfield and a class poacher (?), I would love it. :D

A.l.i
17 Mar 09, 14:53
Nice font there. I had to remove my glasses to see your post.

Gasparroni
17 Mar 09, 15:27
The agent of Ibra has spoken on the Italian radio today.

He said that between Ibra and Inter there are absolutely no problems. Ibra still has a concert of 4 years, and will at least finish these.
He isn't thinking to leave Inter, only he was upset that Inter got knocked out again in the CL. It was hard for him because his maintarget this season was winning the CL.

With Mourinho his REAL team, and other players next year, Ibrahimovic can fully concentrate on the attack. Ibra doesn't have to play in the role of a creative midfielder anymore, because that player will come for sure.
This will make not only Ibra, but whole Inter a lot stronger next year. There is a good chance that it will be Diego, while also a real killer could be playing next to Ibra next season (I still think Milito).

Mourinho has great plans, and Ibra is 100% guarenteed included in these. He will stay, so stop all the stupid spectalution please.

Pravesh
17 Mar 09, 15:39
The agent of Ibra has spoken on the Italian radio today.

He said that between Ibra and Inter there are absolutely no problems. Ibra still has a concert of 4 years, and will at least finish these.
He isn't thinking to leave Inter, only he was upset that Inter got knocked out again in the CL. It was hard for him because his maintarget this season was winning the CL.

With Mourinho his REAL team, and other players next year, Ibrahimovic can fully concentrate on the attack. Ibra doesn't have to play in the role of a creative midfielder anymore, because that player will come for sure.
This will make not only Ibra, but whole Inter a lot stronger next year. There is a good chance that it will be Diego, while also a real killer could be playing next to Ibra next season (I still think Milito).

Mourinho has great plans, and Ibra is 100% guarenteed included in these. He will stay, so stop all the stupid spectalution please.

I hope thats true and it has to be. As I said earlier on as well (sorry for the font Ali :D), Adriano might only be a good back up striker for us. We need a classy poacher and Milito fits that bill very well.

I would be very frank here and ask you guys -- "What kind of player Aguero actually is - second striker/playmaker ??" I know he is playing as a second stiker now. We already have a similar player in Zlatan, if he's a second striker kinda player. Anywaz, he's damn expensive UNLESS he is to play as a playmaker (IF HE IS ONE).

Hope we don't go for second/third solutions and get those players for the whole pre-season and not in the last seconds of the transfer market.

Its time to get THE players on time !

:rules::drool:

Gasparroni
17 Mar 09, 15:47
Ah, also Zlatan himself have spoken now.

"I will not leave Inter, only when Moratti want's to sell me I will. But I want to stay here.
Mourinho and I will have a project, to win the Champions Leage. It didn't work this year, so we must get it next year."

It also said under his words. Moratti is warned.

Mourinho's project will start this summer period, and it will be a transformation to a team that can win the CL. We can expect some good names, and many players will have to leave.

tonyloo
17 Mar 09, 15:51
Agüero is not a playmaker, never has been, never will be.

Probably just some solution people who play FM use so they can field as many stars in the same lineup as possible.

classexa
17 Mar 09, 16:03

"I will not leave Inter, only when Moratti want's to sell me I will. But I want to stay here.
Mourinho and I will have a project, to win the Champions Leage. It didn't work this year, so we must get it next year."

Mourinho's project will start this summer period, and it will be a transformation to a team that can win the CL. We can expect some good names, and many players will have to leave.

Bring it on :boogy:

Forza ragazzi
17 Mar 09, 16:25
ah, also zlatan himself have spoken now.

"i will not leave inter, only when moratti want's to sell me i will. But i want to stay here.
Mourinho and i will have a project, to win the champions leage. It didn't work this year, so we must get it next year."

it also said under his words. moratti is warned.

Mourinho's project will start this summer period, and it will be a transformation to a team that can win the cl. We can expect some good names, and many players will have to leave.

finally!

bjwam4
17 Mar 09, 17:10

Now this gets me excited!

rockball
17 Mar 09, 17:27
What makes you say that? Tbh a player with Ibra's qualities can play in any team.

Zlatan is one who wants the ball at his feet instead of him waiting in the box for it. In Barca, there is already Messi who hogs the ball way too much. It would not give Zlatan any chance to show his skill. Also as good as he may be, I don't think Zlatan is one to play one touch football or display the kind of passing that a team like Arsenal has.

Great players need not always be successful. Many players become great only due to their coaches and the formations used by them. Example Henry, Pirlo.....

Adam
17 Mar 09, 19:22
That's great news Gasparroni! May I ask where u got that quote from? So maybe it was a strategy to get more players after all.. :happy: Doesn't mean he'll stay for a certainty though. If the bid is high enough Moratti might be tempted to cash in. Also it could very well just be the standard political answer most footballers give a couple of months before they leave. We'll have to wait and see, but it's certainly a higher chance he'll stay now.

Zlatan is one who wants the ball at his feet instead of him waiting in the box for it. In Barca, there is already Messi who hogs the ball way too much. It would not give Zlatan any chance to show his skill. Also as good as he may be, I don't think Zlatan is one to play one touch football or display the kind of passing that a team like Arsenal has.

Great players need not always be successful. Many players become great only due to their coaches and the formations used by them. Example Henry, Pirlo.....

Well, I disagree. I think Ibra and Messi would be unbeatable together, especially with a midfield like Barca's but even with ours they'd be incredible. The perfect striking due in my opinion. And in regards to one touch football I can only say that you must have not watched us much because he's excellent at it.

Gasparroni
17 Mar 09, 19:31
That's great news Gasparroni! May I ask where u got that quote from? So maybe it was a strategy to get more players after all.. :happy: Doesn't mean he'll stay for a certainty though. If the bid is high enough Moratti might be tempted to cash in. Also it could very well just be the standard political answer most footballers give a couple of months before they leave. We'll have to wait and see, but it's certainly a higher chance he'll stay now.Sure.

Gazzetta:
Calcio, agente Ibra: "Con l'Inter non ci sono problemi"
Indice Ultim'ora

MILANO - Zlatan Ibrahimovic non ha intenzione di lasciare l'Inter. Lo ha fatto sapere il suo agente Mino Raiola, a Radio Radio, smentendo le voci di un malessere dell'attaccante svedese nei confronti della societa' nerazzurra in seguito all'eliminazione dalla Champions League. "E' evidente che c'e' mal di pancia per l'uscita dalla Champions, lui la vuole a tutti i costi - ha detto Raiola - lui ha un contratto di quattro anni e per adesso non ci sono problemi". (Agr)

And a bigger part with main rumours, where also this is said:
http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Primo_Piano/2009/03/17/malouda.shtml

And I got my words from:

http://www.sportmediaset.it/mercato/articoli/articolo21643.shtml

They edited the text a bit. There is also that Mourinho will ask much from Moratti. Mourinho has a short list of new players, but they will cost a lot. But to not make trouble Moratti shouldnt ignore this, because it will cost even more when he will not do what Mourinho asks. Because then players like Ibra CAN leave, and fans will be very dissapointed.

So we can make ourselves ready for a hot summer.

Adam
17 Mar 09, 19:38
Ok, but where du you get the quote from Ibra? You must have misread something because in neither of those articles does he make a statement. It's all Raiola.

Gasparroni
17 Mar 09, 19:50
Ok, but where du you get the quote from Ibra? You must have misread something because in neither of those articles does he make a statement. It's all Raiola.There are some quotes in the text from Zlatan. Or did you think Raiola made up everything himself? Besides Raiola is a fair man, and he would also say only things that are the truth and said by Zlatan.

Adam
17 Mar 09, 20:08
There are some quotes in the text from Zlatan. Or did you think Raiola made up everything himself? Besides Raiola is a fair man, and he would also say only things that are the truth and said by Zlatan.

The quotes from Ibra are the same ones he made after Viola, the other quotes are from Raiola. And while I do believe sometimes he's being told what to say by Ibra,(this time might be one of them) but he's also known to speak his own mind whenever he pleases. Just a week ago he criticized Mourinho for all sorts of things. I seriously doubt that came from Ibra or Maxwell.

bennyblanco
18 Mar 09, 00:18
Nice font there. I had to remove my glasses to see your post.

gold :dielaugh:

Nyall
18 Mar 09, 00:20
If Ibra leaves I will go support whatever team that buys him. This guy is bigger and more important than Inter to me and is the only reason why I watch Inter games.

Alex de Large
18 Mar 09, 00:23
Then you are a Ibrahimoivc fan, not an Inter fan.

lonewolf19
18 Mar 09, 02:36
Exactly. No players can be bigger than Inter Period

rockball
18 Mar 09, 04:19
Seconded.

ps - Zlatan won't leave this summer. And I hope Moratti doesn't lose it over Mourinho's demands.

minterke
18 Mar 09, 04:31
Nyall your a loser bro lol

We all love Zlatan but that's taking it too far.

hallak
18 Mar 09, 04:33
i like ibra and if he leaves ill definitely like inter a little less but never support anyother team

anyway it seems like a strategy made by mouriho to press on morratti to sign some new players i wish it works.......if so!!why do they need to do this?
why dont he walk to the big man and say we need new players?

minterke
18 Mar 09, 04:35
Zanetti, Adri anyone can leave even Moratti and it won't change a thing for me.

Interista nr.1
18 Mar 09, 09:00
I hope Mourinho anf Figo doesn't choose Quaresma type of players again,if thats their big problem, than no cl title for Inter next year eather.

Stefan
18 Mar 09, 09:01
Players come players go. The only thing that remains is team Inter and that's the most important thing.

I hope Zlatan stays and Moratti gives project Mou the necessary players to succeed.

Interista nr.1
18 Mar 09, 09:01
I mean, if that's their big plan than no CL title next year eather.

Adam
18 Mar 09, 09:33
Inter Director Branca: Zlatan Ibrahimovic Will Get Over European Blues
The Nerazzurri transfer guru has insisted that ‘Ibra’ is merely dejected and promised they will be even stronger next term.

The Italian media have speculated this week that Zlatan Ibrahimovic could leave Inter next summer due to the disappointment of their Champions League campaign.

The Swedish international’s agent, Mino Raiola, reiterated yesterday that his client is willing to stay put and Inter’s technical director, Marco Branca, has now moved to reassure the Beneamata support.

“We know that he is disappointed,” Branca admitted to La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“It is the sporting disappointment of a champion who was really keen on winning the Champions League.

“I’m sure he will get over it. There is no need to talk to him. I went to Appiano Gentile and I saw that he was training hard. There are no psychological problems and it showed in the game with Fiorentina.”

The ex-Ajax man netted a brace against the Viola at the weekend to maintain the Nerazzurri’s seven-point lead at the top of the Serie A table.

Meanwhile, Branca insists he will now talk with coach Jose Mourinho about strengthening the side ahead of next season.

“It is only normal,” he noted. “There are no shortlists, but we want to make Inter even more competitive.

“We will sit around a table and decide what to do to improve our squad. The president has made lots of sacrifices and we’ll do everything to become even stronger.”

Vince Masiello, Goal.com

Jimmy Page
18 Mar 09, 09:51
It seems to me that Zlatan have been promissed that new players will arrive during the summer and hence hes agent now tells everybody to calm down and that Zlatan will stay at Inter

Gasparroni
18 Mar 09, 11:11
If Ibra leaves I will go support whatever team that buys him. This guy is bigger and more important than Inter to me and is the only reason why I watch Inter games.So this explanes for me your way of posting before, you're not an Interista.

Nyall
18 Mar 09, 11:59
Lol lol lol. I only posted that for attention.

If Ibra leaves he'll be like Ronaldo, Vieri, Adriano was to me a memory.

Besnik
18 Mar 09, 12:17
Ibracadabra :P

scary nickname, he is killer striker :D the best striker in world, i think he's gonna take gold ball next year :)

forza IBRA, forza INTER.

Suneet
18 Mar 09, 18:05
The only way Barca will get him is if they give us Messi :P....

But I really think he will start to get desperate if we dont come close to winning the CL next season. He is by far the most important player in the recent history and I hope he stays here forever, but I dont see him doing that.

snowforum180
18 Mar 09, 19:46
Wow i dont like fans that jump clubs with players, honestly what if Ibra wen't to Man City would u support them?

Anyway, thats funny cause i said earlier that Ibra should have a say on who who he thinks could partner him and support him in attack and branca said they would discuss it. but seriously ibra makes are attack what it is, and if he goes, we have a major setback.

ALAIN7
18 Mar 09, 20:15
If Ibra leaves I will go support whatever team that buys him. This guy is bigger and more important than Inter to me and is the only reason why I watch Inter games.

You're an Ibrahimovic fan. Not an Inter fan. How gay.

A.l.i
19 Mar 09, 21:27
Please remove your "Arshavin" avatar.

Jerry
20 Mar 09, 04:09

If that is the case, you should remove the Inter badge from your avatar!

Jerry
20 Mar 09, 04:11
Ibra's agent is a real hard-ass... even cockier than Ibra himself!

Ibra's agent: Mou wants out! (http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/03/10/1147629/jose-mourinho-wants-to-leave-inter-for-real-madrid-states-ibrahi)

szasza02
20 Mar 09, 09:41
Zlatan scoring 40 goals a season - YEAH RIGHT! :lol:

Nyall
20 Mar 09, 21:14
Why the is everyone missing my second post where I said that it was just a JOKE!!!!!

NimAraya
20 Mar 09, 21:34
Why the is everyone missing my second post where I said that it was just a JOKE!!!!!

Cause always the first one counts!:D

Gasparroni
21 Mar 09, 11:27
Zanetti said that he is sure Ibra want to stay at Inter and he wants to win with Inter. I believe Zanetti, he works every day with Ibra and spends the most time with him. The press just like to write crap.

CafeCordoba
21 Mar 09, 14:05
Zanetti said that he is sure Ibra want to stay at Inter and he wants to win with Inter. I believe Zanetti, he works every day with Ibra and spends the most time with him. The press just like to write crap.

What crap has the press written recently? They've written that Raiola has said Zlatan might want move which is totally credible piece of information. I'm pretty sure Zlatan isn't totally comfortable at Inter with team mates on the pitch who aren't skilled enough. He knows he can't win CL with a team like this. That's why Raiola makes such statements, to put some public pressure on Inter too.

A.l.i
21 Mar 09, 17:47
I like Raiola. Trying to wake up Branca, Moratti.

Ajesh
21 Mar 09, 18:49
Zlatan's chances of winning Champions League anywhere else is as good as here. Which team can claim of winning CL before a season? Realistically None. Most Closest would be Manu or Barca. But they would think over hundred times over signing a player of his stature in their already established Line-ups.

Left are the likes of Madrid, Arsenal, Liverpool,Chelsea. With the exception of Liverpool,perhaps, none of the sides can claim to have a markedly higher chance of winning than Inter, one big assumption is our successful Summer enforcements. So Zlatan, whether you like it or not, you are better off here.

Jerry
21 Mar 09, 20:39
Zlatan's chances of winning Champions League anywhere else is as good as here. Which team can claim of winning CL before a season? Realistically None. Most Closest would be Manu or Barca. But they would think over hundred times over signing a player of his stature in their already established Line-ups.

Left are the likes of Madrid, Arsenal, Liverpool,Chelsea. With the exception of Liverpool,perhaps, none of the sides can claim to have a markedly higher chance of winning than Inter, one big assumption is our successful Summer enforcements. So Zlatan, whether you like it or not, you are better off here.

As of now, we have Mourinho and his pedigree plus Moratti and his checkbook. That is hard to compete with. But Mou and Ibra have been (weakly) linked to Madrid.

Madrid is the only threat, IMO, but both Mou and Ibra will stay for at least one more year, it would be a huge betrayal if they did not.

Jerry
21 Mar 09, 20:40
it is curious that R Mancini's contract situation has not been resolved, though, isn't it?

lonewolf19
22 Mar 09, 15:55
What a great goal today from the superb Swede again. He is on top of the goal chart now with Di Viao

Ilkinio
22 Mar 09, 15:55
Frustration is... GOOD :)

Adam
22 Mar 09, 16:00
Absolutely sick goal from him. The fucked up part is it's not even his best this season. Reminded me of Totti's chip against us in 04/05.

He's gonna win the capocannoniere for sure.

Jerry
22 Mar 09, 16:57
Channel 4 Bullshit (http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/mar22j.html)

Zlatan Ibrahimovic sends a cold chill down the backs of Inter fans by refusing to answer questions on his future. “We'll see.”

“After the end of this season we'll see what happens,” he told cameras after scoring a brace in the 3-0 win over Reggina.

“For now I am only focused on winning this title.”

--------------------------------

once again, shitty sensationalist reporting from C4

Azzkikr
22 Mar 09, 17:01
Absolutely sick goal from him. The fucked up part is it's not even his best this season. Reminded me of Totti's chip against us in 04/05

I dont know about that, i think this was his best goal. It was pure skill, not mostly luck like that backheel.

Luka
22 Mar 09, 17:36
Zlatan tends to score goals like that. That's why when we talk about him we don't use the word luck(in 90% of the cases). Had Inzaghi scored that nobody would deny it.

That backheal was pure talent of his, and it was intentional. And we can say all amazing goals needs some luck to go in.

XL said it right. Sick goal from him.

And this whole "We'll see" part I won't comment, because it sunds "fishy" to me. Although truth to be told, there is no Zlatan interview yet on inter.it, even on italian site, and usually they are very fast with that right after the game.

Probably the admin of the site waits for the decision from MM what to do with this comment. Interesting :]

Not scared about Ibra leaving us, no way.

Jerry
22 Mar 09, 17:52
I dont know about that, i think this was his best goal. It was pure skill, not mostly luck like that backheel.

LOL... 'gee... whats something negative I can say after an amazing goal and a 3-0 victory?'

I know... 'it does not get any better than this, because everything else is luck'... meh

nutcracker
22 Mar 09, 18:11
When asked if his future lies at Inter, Ibrahimovic replied: "I have a contract with Inter and I'm happy to be at this club. For now we are all concentrated on winning this Scudetto. At the end of the season we will see what happens."

Thats the version of inter.it

Jerry
22 Mar 09, 18:41
When asked if his future lies at Inter, Ibrahimovic replied: "I have a contract with Inter and I'm happy to be at this club. For now we are all concentrated on winning this Scudetto. At the end of the season we will see what happens."

Thats the version of inter.it

doesn't that just sends CHILLS down your SPINE!?!

:rolleyes:

CafeCordoba
22 Mar 09, 23:27
That goal was just pure class. Easily beats his backheel goal.

When it comes to his comments, they send some message to us. That he isn't totally committed to Inter. It is so clear now Zlatan (and Raiola) demands some true reinforcements, which is just right.

snowforum180
23 Mar 09, 01:00
his only problem is the lack of support in our team, he knows Inter has potential, but when he is playing, he knows that our team rely on him too much. I would respect Zlatans opinions in the tranfer market, he could help out alot, our best player should get some voice on who he thinks could make Inter a better team.

Hammoudi
23 Mar 09, 02:01
I am more impressed that he was able to score that goal with his weaker left foot. He is truly a freak, I bet if someone does stats he'd find most of his goals are freakish, I can just imagine if he is able to bury those easy ones too.

The_Eradicator
23 Mar 09, 09:26
Top class players want to play alongside other top class players, Ibra no doubt sees that the team is pretty much him+10 at times in attack. And who can begrudge him for starting to become fed up with it? The midfield doesn't contribute enough goals and the other forwards sure as hell don't either (Mario+Adriano+Cruz+Crepso have scored a little over 10 goals combined IIRC).

Executioner93
23 Mar 09, 11:01
Diego and Aguero is the best thing that could happen for this club we dont need any more bulldogs dm on the pitch Muntari Javier and Cambi do their job well Cambi more then others the problem is we need creative build ups in Europe players with pace and speed if you don't have that then you have no chance. Aguero and Diego lets go Moratti 60 million or so and half that will be raised by selling the guys its all the club need atm. Maybe a nice youngster like a Santacroce in the future or Hamsik possible maybe Dentinho Aquilani guys like this.

ante interista
23 Mar 09, 12:16
diego is for us an excellent player, and that what I need so that it would be dedicated to him the maximum they could win the league champion

13ertil.
23 Mar 09, 15:23
Hope zlatan Stays........ otherwise it will be hard to win cl 2010 and hard = expensive

Ziyad
23 Mar 09, 15:35
I think this whole thing could be a ploy to get maximum funds for players around Zlatan..

Azzkikr
23 Mar 09, 15:36
If he wants to leave, then let him leave.

Also, the entire team is made around Zlatan, who on the other hand is a failure when it matters the most in the CL.

Having the CL as your primary target and biggest dream and then at the same time relying almost completely on a player who is a bottler in this competition is probably not the best choice anyways.

He would net atleast 50m€, which we can easily put to good use.

I dont know, its a difficult choice, but if he wants to leave, then let him. We can easily use the money to properly change the team into a more balanced side which isnt overly reliant one just one player.

Nyall
23 Mar 09, 15:45
If we were to sell Ibra we would net at least 90 million Euros.

Azzkikr
23 Mar 09, 15:49
90m€? :D lets get back to reality.

50m€ might be over the top actually. 40-50 is realistic, considering that in this case scenario he would want to leave and taken into consideration that he is a proven choker in the CL doesnt exactly increase his value either.

Nyall
23 Mar 09, 15:53
40-50 would be use getting ripped off, especially since he could end up the league's top scorer.

Azzkikr
23 Mar 09, 16:03
Why would being top scorer in serie a make his value over 50m?

I fail to see the logic in that.

Nyall
23 Mar 09, 16:12
I feel that Ibra is already valued at over 70 million Euros. Being top scorer would add to his value even further IMO.

Azzkikr
23 Mar 09, 16:23
Well i think you are wrong. You will be very disappointed if you expect that kinda money if he get sold.

Ajesh
23 Mar 09, 16:36
He is valued at 45 M Euros by the Transfer Market Site. We could squeeze till 60 M, i guess. 70 onwards is way way unrealistic.

Jimmy Page
23 Mar 09, 16:43
He will not go anywhere because A) Nobody can afford buying him and B) Hes statements is a way to put pressure on Moaratti to buy som high quality players.

ataturk5
23 Mar 09, 17:32
How old is ibra? i thought he was 27/ 28? theres only what? 4 or 5 teams that can afford him? i dont think you would get 50 mill for him anyway tbh, man city maybe?

Adam
23 Mar 09, 17:42
Massimo Moratti: Ibrahimovic Situation Is Not About Money

The chief has intervened in an attempt to stop the constant hype surrounding his star player...

Inter president Massimo Moratti has reacted to rumours suggesting Zlatan Ibrahimovic wanted to leave the San Siro as he clarifies his club's stance over the growing concerns.

The striker was rumoured he wanted to leave the club following the Champions League exit against Manchester United, with Barcelona being the club of his choice. Despite the confusion off the pitch, 'Ibra' has still be proving his worth on it in Serie A.

After deflecting questions over the Sweden striker following the 3-0 win against Reggina on Sunday, Moratti has spoken to explain why there has been an air of tension spreading thoughout the club.

"I don't think it's a question of money," Moratti told Il Corriere Dello Sport.

"I think Ibrahimovic was upset because of my opinions after the Manchester United match, but I was referring to everyone. Obviously he reacted in the way I did after the KO.

"He has a great relationship with this club and its coach. Perhaps he wants to win the Champions League with another club, but it's difficult to pick a club capable of doing so.

"However, Inter will try again next year."

Voices have also grown louder regarding Jose Mourinho's future at the club, and the chief was quick to give short and sharp answers.

"Mourinho? He has a contract and will remain here for some years," concluded the chief.

Salvatore Landolina, Goal.com

What does he mean by "my comments after Manchester"? Does anyone have a link to that?

Tothe people who think we could put the money to good use: let's say we get 50 mil for Ibra which would be acceptable considering the economic climate we're in, we could get one Quaresma, one Mancini and one Muntari. Worth it?

David Suazo
23 Mar 09, 17:46
He's 28, we can't expect anything over 50. But I'm pretty sure that he'll stay along with Mourinho.

Alex de Large
23 Mar 09, 17:51
In Juve the team didn't depend on him on offense only, they had other players like Nedved, Trezeguet or Del Piero and he was effective anyway.
Zlatan should be one more in the team, not the man, hopefully next year he will and we will not depend him so much on offense.

Suneet
23 Mar 09, 18:05
Well if he wants to move then we cant help it, thats the reality, would love to see him play here till he retires...

Prices and all can wait, but I think everyone knows its not easy to say no to Moratti and Mourinho when they want to convince you.

Nyall
23 Mar 09, 18:14
Ibra is 27. Villa is also around that age. If Villa can go for the rumored 70 + Million then surely Ibra can do the same, IMO.

ataturk5
23 Mar 09, 18:22
No offence nyall but ibra isnt held in "as" high a regard outside of italy as he is in italy,i honestly cant see anyone paying 50 mill for him when doubts still remain about him at the highest level,villa ( admittedly playing in a far better team )has just had a great euro 08,and btw i dont think he would fetch 50mill either.

CafeCordoba
23 Mar 09, 18:26
Well if he wants to move then we cant help it, thats the reality, would love to see him play here till he retires...

Prices and all can wait, but I think everyone knows its not easy to say no to Moratti and Mourinho when they want to convince you.

I don't see why it wouldn't bee easy. Zlatan says he wants to go and play with a serious CL contender as he wants to win CL and Ballon d'Or. Inter with 3 straight-from-the-quarters-exits in CL isn't a serious contender and Zlatan knows it. So it has nothing to do with money as with that Moratti has always tempted players to stay or come to Inter. I think we can all admit this. Inter can't offer Zlatan anything more what he wants.

It's true there aren't many clubs (any?) who would be willing to buy him AND have need for him AND are serious CL-contenders. But this "threatening" is just good, it should put Moratti to think a bit about his Inter squad.

minterke
23 Mar 09, 18:40
"Perhaps he wants to win the Champions League with another club, but it's difficult to pick a club capable of doing so.

This line scares me. If Ibra went up to Moratti and asked to be switched then he's a greedy rat prick. We can't sell Ibra it's not an option.

Ehsan
23 Mar 09, 19:05
I don't think he wants to leave as much as he wants something else.

If you want to leave, you don't go announcing it weeks before. His agent could have negotiated with other clubs in the background.

You come up with media statements and pressure when you want something. I just don't know what he wants. More money? A better midfield? More recognition? But I'm sure he wants something, otherwise he would be quiet now and surprise everyone with a move later.

Ehsan
23 Mar 09, 19:25
What does he mean by "my comments after Manchester"? Does anyone have a link to that?

After the Manchester defeat, Moratti burst into the locker room and started shouting at the players behind closed doors. One of the things he said to no one in particular was "But how could you miss such a goal!", which Zlatan took personally to be directed towards him. [source (http://www.repubblica.it/2008/12/sport/calcio/serie-a/inter/ibra-futuro/ibra-futuro.html)]

Hussein
23 Mar 09, 19:30
I don't think he wants to leave as much as he wants something else.

If you want to leave, you don't go announcing it weeks before. His agent could have negotiated with other clubs in the background.

You come up with media statements and pressure when you want something. I just don't know what he wants. More money? A better midfield? More recognition? But I'm sure he wants something, otherwise he would be quiet now and surprise everyone with a move later.

I have to disagree with your opinion Ehsan. Ibra wants to leave and the situation is serious, you would've understood this from the statements released by both Moratti and Mourinho on inter.it today.

Honestly I don't see a problem with this. If he wants to leave then it's better to sell him now rather than end up with the a player who is not committed to the Inter cause.

We lost Ronaldo in the past and Zlatan is no one compared to him.

10GladiatoreMilano10
23 Mar 09, 19:34
I like Ibra very much but he is not bogger then Inter...If he wants then he leave Inter.His price should be 70 mio eur...For that money we can get Kun Agureo and Diego....We have Mario and Acquafresca....

P.S.:Does anybody knows how much money does Moratti have

ataturk5
23 Mar 09, 20:03
I like Ibra very much but he is not bogger then Inter...If he wants then he leave Inter.His price should be 70 mio eur...For that money we can get Kun Agureo and Diego....We have Mario and Acquafresca....

P.S.:Does anybody knows how much money does Moratti have

Are you for real???? 70million euro!!!!!!!!! as ive said before.....ibra IS NOT held in as high esteem as he is in italy in the rest of europe,NO WAY in the world will you get 70 mill

10GladiatoreMilano10
23 Mar 09, 20:13
Are you for real???? 70million euro!!!!!!!!! as ive said before.....ibra IS NOT held in as high esteem as he is in italy in the rest of europe,NO WAY in the world will you get 70 mill

Ibrahimovic is better then Eto'o and barca want for him 50 mio....Kaka is like Ibra but Bilan want for him 100 mio....We can get 70 mio from Real Madrid,Man.City,Chelsea,;););)

Ehsan
23 Mar 09, 20:17
Ibra is only like Kaka in that they both carried their entire team on their shoulders, except Kaka got them CL while Ibra got us Serie A.

We can't expect more than 50 mil for Zlatan.

K.I.
23 Mar 09, 20:24
Everyone likes Ibra but if he leaves then so be it, i think he is an amazing player and i appreciate what he has done with us but whatever his choice may be inter will go on with or without him....and he wont go for cheap i will tell you that much.

minterke
23 Mar 09, 20:28
If he wants to leave than it's a selfish move on his part. Us getting kicked out of the CL wasn't only the team's fault but his too, it's not like he was spectacular.

I hope he stays, but if he wants to leave to go to Barca or Man Utd then like I said he's a rat fuck mercenary piece of shit.

We need him, he's our symbol.

Adam
23 Mar 09, 20:36
After the Manchester defeat, Moratti burst into the locker room and started shouting at the players behind closed doors. One of the things he said to no one in particular was "But how could you miss such a goal!", which Zlatan took personally to be directed towards him. [source (http://www.repubblica.it/2008/12/sport/calcio/serie-a/inter/ibra-futuro/ibra-futuro.html)]

Thx. I can definitly see Zlatan taking that badly. He acts macho but he's very sensitive, and he doesn't respond well to criticism. He probably feels Moratti is ungratefull with that comment.

I agree we won't get 70 mil but you'rw wrong that he's not held in high regard in the rest of Europe. He's rated highly in Spain. Probably the only place in the World where they don't rate him is England.

ataturk5
23 Mar 09, 20:39
Ibrahimovic is better then Eto'o and barca want for him 50 mio....Kaka is like Ibra but Bilan want for him 100 mio....We can get 70 mio from Real Madrid,Man.City,Chelsea,;););)

No offence mate,but what they want and what they get are two completely different things,you concentrate on serie a obviously,but if you asked any fan outside of italy kaka or ibra? you would get 1 answer ...........kaka,NO WAY in the world will you get 70mill for ibra,no way!think of the teams that can afford him at say 30 to 40 mill( maybe! ),utd? dont need him,chelsea?dont need him,madrid?maybe,barca?maybe,city MIGHT pay silly money,but wether you want to admit it or not,he has a reputation as a bottler in the big games,im not against ibra btw,im just giving you an "outsiders" opinion on how the rest of europe views him,thats all.

ataturk5
23 Mar 09, 20:42
Thx. I can definitly see Zlatan taking that badly. He acts macho but he's very sensitive, and he doesn't respond well to criticism. He probably feels Moratti is ungratefull with that comment.

I agree we won't get 70 mil but you'rw wrong that he's not held in high regard in the rest of Europe. He's rated highly in Spain. Probably the only place in the World where they don't rate him is England.

Dont take it personally xl,as i say...........im not against ibra,i just think that he is a god in italy,but not thought of "that" highly outside of italy.

10GladiatoreMilano10
23 Mar 09, 21:00
I know that 70 mio is too much but if he wants to leave the club we should get a lot of money...I like him very much but if he wants to leave he is a scumbag!!!

How much money does Moratti have??????

Jimmy Page
23 Mar 09, 21:08
I sont think you can call him a scumbag if he leaves. I for one thinks and hopes he will stay in Inter. But if he leaves it wont be for the money, he will leave because he pretty much has won everything you can win in Italy except scoring the most goals which he has a good chance of doing this season. He will leave to get new challenges and not the money.

If what gossip about what Moratti said in dressingroom is true I can understand why Zlatan is a bit upset. Pretty strong words from our president, specialy when Zlatan was one of the best players against Man u at OT-

CafeCordoba
23 Mar 09, 21:13
If he wants to leave than it's a selfish move on his part. Us getting kicked out of the CL wasn't only the team's fault but his too, it's not like he was spectacular.

I hope he stays, but if he wants to leave to go to Barca or Man Utd then like I said he's a rat fuck mercenary piece of shit.

We need him, he's our symbol.

Well, most of the players think about their careers first. I just don't see any problem Zlatan wanting out if Inter isn't going to get a step forward (reinforcements). Zlatan has been dragging the whole team for two seasons. Yes he failed in CL yet again, but yet again, he's without any support. I believe Zlatan wants real support. If he can't get it in Inter, he leaves.

But I believe this "leaving" thing at the moment is just a hoax, made by the press.

snowforum180
23 Mar 09, 21:48
If he does leave this is a major set back, and 50 Million would just be sort of a bummer, I can hardly think of a player that would do the same as him for Inter. 50 Million is not enough anymore, it would get us 1.5 of world class players today. Sad but true we need him, and we cant move backwards only forward, get rid of the dead meat and in with the new.

minterke
23 Mar 09, 21:55
I believe Zlatan wants real support. If he can't get it in Inter, he leaves.

Thats the biggest bunch of bullshit I've ever read. I hope you're right Cafe, that it's a hoax.

Alessandro
23 Mar 09, 22:08
Didn't his agent come out recently and state he's staying at Inter?

Hammoudi
23 Mar 09, 22:53
It's good to have a symbol in our team, we need that 'appeal' even though it's a shallow thing. Other than him, we don't have any other 'star' name.

But if he wants to leave, then we will learn to survive, we sold the best player of the last two decades (Ronaldo) and we managed to survive.

Ataturk is right in that Ibra doesn't merit 70M euros but I hope that Real pay that much, they are the only big, rich and stupid club to offer him that much.

CafeCordoba
23 Mar 09, 23:05
Thats the biggest bunch of bullshit I've ever read. I hope you're right Cafe, that it's a hoax.

Why do you think it's bullshit? I think it's perfectly normal situation.

CafeCordoba
23 Mar 09, 23:07
It's good to have a symbol in our team, we need that 'appeal' even though it's a shallow thing. Other than him, we don't have any other 'star' name.

But if he wants to leave, then we will learn to survive, we sold the best player of the last two decades (Ronaldo) and we managed to survive.

Ataturk is right in that Ibra doesn't merit 70M euros but I hope that Real pay that much, they are the only big, rich and stupid club to offer him that much.

The problem is, Zlatan surely won't accept Real for the next couple of seasons. They've done even worse than Inter at CL for the last 5 seasons or something. :howler: Real isn't a CL contender in any way more than Inter.

classexa
23 Mar 09, 23:39
I say this once again. He'll stay

minterke
24 Mar 09, 03:53
You never know with Ibra. He fucked over Ajax when he said he would stay, then he fucked over Juventus lol

raduccio
24 Mar 09, 06:41
He didin't fuck over Ajax! Chivu, Ibra, VD Meyde, VD Vaart, De Jong, Maxwell, Mido... all were itching to leave for bigger clubs.
Nobody really spends too much time there after becoming famous.

After that he didn't want to stay for a club that was relegated through scandal! And again, he wasn't alone! Thuram, Canna, Zambrotta and Vieira also left Juve.

I think that with a new scudeto and the promise of a new chance at the UCL, he will stay. But we do need to get a lot further into the competition next year. At least semifinals.

For that we will need change a lot in our squad:
1. new defender(s) because we shouldn't have to rely on the likes of rivas and burdisso. chivu, samuel and cordoba are good, matrix is ok, as long as they are fit.
2. Figo will retire and we have to get rid of Vieira! He's passed his prime and for two straight years he was rubbish in the first knockout stage. We will need to bring new blood into our midfield. Hopefully Mourinho will find great players like he did at Chelski.
3. Get as much as we can for Adri and Ricky Q. I believe they're lost causes for us. Bring Aquafresca.

If anything like this will be done during the summer Ibra's confidence in Inter may come back.

Ajesh
24 Mar 09, 06:59
I can definitly see Zlatan taking that badly. He acts macho but he's very sensitive, and he doesn't respond well to criticism. He probably feels Moratti is ungratefull with that comment.

This seems to be most logical reason. You do not hear Zlatan screaming all season long that He wants to win the CL, Ballon D' Or unlike the faggot from England. He states his objective at the beginning of the season and after our usual CL exits he states that he is dissapointed. That is it.

Never did he mention that CL is all means to his ends and he is obsessed about it. After all he looked so serene in these past few seasons in Italy.

The sad part if he goes is that we would never know how good he could have been with a better and more dynamic Mid Field.

emily_se
24 Mar 09, 09:29
Never did he mention that CL is all means to his ends and he is obsessed about it. After all he looked so serene in these past few seasons in Italy.

Actually, yes, he did.

"It was my only goal to win CL this year. I am terribly disappointed."

Zlatan Ibrahimovic after CL defeat.

He intends to do everything he can to win it, I think, including changing teams, and that is probably what is happening right now.

He deserves the golden ball, and he will win it only if he wins the CL. Playing for Sweden he obviously won't win any tournaments. His only chance is the CL, and that's what he has to go after.

Ajesh
24 Mar 09, 10:51
Actually, yes, he did.

"It was my only goal to win CL this year. I am terribly disappointed."

Zlatan Ibrahimovic after CL defeat.

He intends to do everything he can to win it, I think, including changing teams, and that is probably what is happening right now.

Yes it was his main objectives. But i would like to believe that if he was so obsessed about it he wouldn't have stayed this long, considering the manner of our exits each year.

He still can be convinced. And lets not forget Mourinho's was not a one year Project.

Ehsan
24 Mar 09, 10:57
Okay I'm following everyone's points here and understand the arguments. My only question is, if he only wants to leave, why is he announcing it to the media instead of being secretive or discussing it behind closed doors with Inter? I can't see what he will gain by causing controversy at this stage... It just seems fishy to me if his only objective is to leave.

CafeCordoba
24 Mar 09, 11:04
Okay I'm following everyone's points here and understand the arguments. My only question is, if he only wants to leave, why is he announcing it to the media instead of being secretive or discussing it behind closed doors with Inter? I can't see what he will gain by causing controversy at this stage... It just seems fishy to me if his only objective is to leave.

Has anyone thought his only objective is to leave? No. Many have said they think Zlatan thinks about leaving if Inter doesn't reinforce the squad enough. It's just Raiola making some public pressure towards Inter management. I'm sure Zlatan wants to stay at Inter as long as Inter keeps getting better and more competitive.

raduccio
24 Mar 09, 11:08
Same thoughts exactly! I always believed he just wanted to put pressure on management to reinforce the squad.

Adam
24 Mar 09, 11:15
Zlatan Ibrahimovic Can Go For €100m - Massimo Moratti

The Inter president has slapped a mammoth price tag on Inter's mercurial forward but he has said that the doesn't want the Swedish star to leave.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Inter president Massimo Moratti will sell Zlatan Ibrahimovic for no less than €100 million.

Although coach Jose Mourinho and director Ernesto Paolillo recently declared their man was staying at the San Siro, Moratti has opened the door to an exit as he set a price for the hitman.

Voices surrounding Ibrahimovic suggested a squabble between the player and the club's hierarchy following Champions League elimination. The chief insists there are no such problems, but he admitted 'Ibra' is not priceless.

"I wouldn't mind €100m for Ibrahimovic," Moratti told Il Corriere Dello Sport.

Although Moratti has given mega cash a thought, he feels his club will not be the same if Ibra does leave.

"I am not upset with him; he has given so much to this club and we have given plenty to him also," added the chief.

"I cannot say anything to him and I cannot really imagine a future without him."

Recent reports from Spain linked the hitman with a move to Barcelona. The Swedish international’s agent triggered the hype when he suggested the striker would leave, only to eat his words and say that his client will stay in Milan.

Salvatore Landolina, Goal.com

There's too much talk about it from every corner, and now Moratti sets a pricetag on him? It almost seems like they want to sell him. I think Ibra will be gone in the summer. It won't be for no 100 millions but he will be sold.

shahz_nerazzurri
24 Mar 09, 11:19
Little worried by the Moratti interview. Before that I didnt think he would leave.

Still I am 90% sure he will stay. He wont get a wage like what he is getting any where else.

It will be really a disaster if he leaves. Despite his consistent European failures, he is the the only difference between us and the rest of the chasing pack, in the league. If he leaves we can wish Scudetto goodbye next season.

raduccio
24 Mar 09, 11:19
€100m for Ibra?! It's like saying ''hands off" ! Now more than ever I'm sure he won't leave.

VLE
24 Mar 09, 11:22
Corriere does sometimes blow interviews out of proportion, but they don't make up non-existent interviews.

I don't like this. A simple NFS should have been sufficient. I was ignoring the whole incident, but now this makes me worried.

shahz_nerazzurri
24 Mar 09, 11:37
Maybe 3-4 years ago 100 mill would have been a hands off warning, but in todays world it isnt.

ManCity were ready to pay 120mills for Kaka, they can easily pay 100mills for Ibra, so can Madrid.

Gasparroni
24 Mar 09, 11:42
Funny to see how the press is playing everyone. How can you guys ever take the press serious? Come on.....

Ofcourse Ibra is for sale, so if Julio Cesar, so is Cambiasso, so is Messi, so is C. Ronaldo etc. Everyone is for sale in the end.

But. Ibra said sunday he is happy at Inter and that he wants to stay. He has no reason to leave. He earns the most money in the world, he has many real fans around him, he works in a team with great players and persons. The only thing is that he wants to win the CL.
But would going to Real make him win the CL? Ofcourse not....they make just as less chance as we do.

Mourinho and Moratti have shared ideas to build a CL winning squad for next season. Ofcourse Ibra will be in there and Ibra knows they do everything to win the CL, so why should he complain?

Have a bit more trust in your own players, in Inter and NOT in the press.

raduccio
24 Mar 09, 11:47
City may have the money but they're... CITY!!! What on earth would he be doing there?! He may as well go play in tadjikistan or saudi arabia (or for la galaxy).

CafeCordoba
24 Mar 09, 11:47
The interviewer has probably just asked precisely that there's always a price for a player and what it would be for Zlatan. So Moratti has answered to that. These goal.com and channel4 sites just twist the words to make their topics and stories more interesting and shocking or something. I'm 100% sure Raiola isn't looking at any club for Zlatan at the moment like the agent would be doing if a player was really on a verge of considering leaving the club.

Jimmy Page
24 Mar 09, 11:48
Yea but we can safely say he wont go to Man city, as money isnt the problem and Man city will be a contender for champions league in the 3-4 years, which is a to long time for Ibra to wait. Real Madrid havent been close to wining champions league for some years now. The only clubs that I can think of that is a real CL contender and have atleast some money, is Barcelona, Chelsea and Man U. Barcelona dont need Ibra and even if they sell Eto they will primarly go after Villa. Chelsea has it pretty ruff fincancialy and Man U have already all the player need, plus they bought Berbatov who is a poor mans Ibrahimovic for 30 milion pounds.

CafeCordoba
24 Mar 09, 11:50
City may have the money but they're... CITY!!! What on earth would he be doing there?! He may as well go play in tadjikistan or saudi arabia (or for la galaxy).

Yep. ManCity is out of the question when it comes to Zlatan moving somewhere. Zlatan doesn't have SO MANY years at the top that he could spend couple of them earning ridiculous money at the Arab club. He has ambition to win and City won't be a seriously taken club for many years even if they splash 500m€ in one summer.

Alex de Large
24 Mar 09, 12:17
0 goals in 20 games, he should start to shut up.

Jimmy Page
24 Mar 09, 12:19
Actually its 16 games, and what have Zlatan said? He has said he will think about his future at Inter. Nothing more nothing less so people calm the fuck down

Gasparroni
24 Mar 09, 12:21
Actually its 16 games, and what have Zlatan said? He has said he will think about his future at Inter. Nothing more nothing less so people calm the fuck downThis is what he said:

lonewolf19
24 Mar 09, 13:45
All Speculations. I am still confident he will stay. Where else is he going to get the salary he is getting paid now? I understand he wants honor as well and hopefully this will pressure the club to spend big this summer.

Gasparroni
24 Mar 09, 14:58
President, there's still lots of talk about Zlatan Ibrahimovic and the fact that he could leave Inter. And the fans are starting to suffer this situation. As the number one fan, do you feel hurt, humanly and emotionally, at the possibility that a player might want to leave?

"Listen... I really don't want to keep on talking about this. I still haven't seen Ibrahimovic. Actually, I saw him on Sunday when he played very well, and I saw him after the match and he was calm. I will know more after I have spoken with him. For the moment I can't say anything."

emily_se
24 Mar 09, 15:00

He hasn't "announced" it to the media, like in a press conference. Not at all. These types of false statements need to stop.

He has ANSWERED a direct question by a sport journalist, directly after the game when it is costumary to answer reporter questions. What was he supposed to do? Scream in horror and run? He answered the question. If he had said "no comment" that would be criticized too.

No matter what he does it will always be wrong since the message he gives is the wrong one for those who want him to stay in Inter and sacrifize the Golden Ball trophy for them.

The truth is he will be leaving Inter. I am Swedish and I know how to read between the lines and his expressions, and he is leaving. 100% certainty.

He has done tons for Inter and since it cannot bring him where he needs to go now in his career he wants to look forward.

I want to see him happy and playing the kind of football he deserves to play with a team that is up to his standards in international tournaments, instead of carrying half the team on his shoulders. He obviously thinks Inter is lacking, and he has given it three valuable years of his career in spite of that.

emily_se
24 Mar 09, 15:05
0 goals in 20 games, he should start to shut up.

Maybe that is exactly why he has lost his patience with a team that consistently fails to support him in the big tournaments. He is part of a team, a team that is not up to standards, and no matter how excellent one player is he WILL need adequate assistance. He is not getting it at Inter. Everyone sees that.

emily_se
24 Mar 09, 15:12
It also amuses me to see the mixed messages you write here. He is lousy and doesn't score in big tournaments (never mind that the team is not CL standard) and he is only there for the money...yet you desperately want him to stay and you assure yourselves and everyone else he is not leaving.

Well, which is it? If he is so bad set him free! Let him go! Sell him! End of story. If you still want him - don't trash him. Stop being such big hypocrites!!

ataturk5
24 Mar 09, 15:13
Maybe that is exactly why he has lost his patience with a team that consistently fails to support him in the big tournaments. He is part of a team, a team that is not up to standards, and no matter how excellent one player is he WILL need adequate assistance. He is not getting it at Inter. Everyone sees that.

I agree he should have better playmakers around him,to take all the pressure off him,maybe that will help him relax in the big games,but as been stated no goals in 20 CL games cant "all" be blamed on the players around him? btw,im a nuetral

Azzkikr
24 Mar 09, 15:49
Having better players around him wont make him score those easy chances he always missed.

He had 3 great chances in the United tie at OT and atleast 2 great chances in the liverpool tie at SS, but he wasted them.

So now he misses these chances because we dont have proper playmakers and support for him? Give me a fucking break.

He misses these chances because he is a proven bottler when it matters the most in the CL. The fact that he has never scored in a knockout round proves this as well.

Zlatan has only himself to blame. He should stop pointing fingers at others and look at himself instead and figure out what to do to stop choking when it really matters.

Azzkikr
24 Mar 09, 15:52
Also this board is full of hypocrites. I see the same people who consistently said we werent inferior in the CL and that we had a great team now say exactly the opposite because of this Zlatan ordeal now.

Hilarious, you guys are something else :D

Ilkinio
24 Mar 09, 15:58
You are hypocrite, you know. First you say that our MF is not creating enough chances, now you say that enough is created and our Forwards(Zlatan) are failing to convert them.

Before judging somebody, try yourself. Painful experience, but relaxing in the end.

Azzkikr
24 Mar 09, 16:04
I think you need to pay better attention in school if that is how you understand my post.

I never said we create enough, but that isnt the issue here.

He had the chances the score, not just regular chances, but HUGE chances. But he is a bottler in the CL when i matters the most, thats just the way it is.

As i said, getting the best creative midfielders in the world wont make Zlatan any less of a choker. He will still miss easy chances.

This has absolutely nothing to do with our midfield not creating enough. But i find it hilarious how the same ignorants here who always kept writing moronic replies to me saying that our midfield was fine and we had a worldclass squad now changed their mind because Zlatan is sad.

Think before you write next time, dumbass.

Gasparroni
24 Mar 09, 16:05
Having better players around him wont make him score those easy chances he always missed.

He had 3 great chances in the United tie at OT and atleast 2 great chances in the liverpool tie at SS, but he wasted them.

So now he misses these chances because we dont have proper playmakers and support for him? Give me a fucking break.

He misses these chances because he is a proven bottler when it matters the most in the CL. The fact that he has never scored in a knockout round proves this as well.

Zlatan has only himself to blame. He should stop pointing fingers at others and look at himself instead and figure out what to do to stop choking when it really matters.First of all, Ibra has never been someone who easily scored goals. When you look back at his time at Ajax, Juventus and now at Inter, he kept improving on really every point.
Last season, and now again he is scoring more and more. So when he keeps improving that, who know's, he will score every chance he gets. But don't ask this from him. Even Inzaghi can miss 7 of the 10 great chances, but still always knows how to score. The only thing is that Inzaghi don't have to work for his team, he only have to wait for the right pass. While Ibra must get the ball, start the action, be creative, and also score his own actions? Isn't it a bit too much asked?

With the right players, Ibra can for the first time fully conentrate on only attacking. He can start to become a real goalgetter. It will be another Ibra in some ways. Ofcourse he will still make nice actions etc, but he doesn't have to set up attacks anymore. It will make a lot more difference in my opinion. But we just must wait and see what will happend.

First of all I don't think it's right to SEARCH to attack your own players and talk as negative as possible about them. I see this many times, and I never understand it.

Also this board is full of hypocrites. I see the same people who consistently said we werent inferior in the CL and that we had a great team now say exactly the opposite because of this Zlatan ordeal now.

Hilarious, you guys are something else :DIt has not always to do with hypocritism and also it's not hilarious.

On a forum everybody can learn from eachother. You can have a own opinion, but when you read the opinion of someone else, it can open your eyes and make you think the same. So you change you opinion, and it's just a normal thing on a forum. It isn't hypocritic or whatever.

ataturk5
24 Mar 09, 16:11

Zlatan has only himself to blame. He should stop pointing fingers at others and look at himself instead and figure out what to do to stop choking when it really matters.

Read the other posts i put on re balotelli ! ibra does carry all the pressure/expectation on his shoulders at inter,thats fact,pressure doesnt make for calmness in front of goal,torres carried same expectations at athletico,he wasnt prolific there, HE SAYS ( a world class striker,not an expert on a forum! ) that not having the same expectation on his shoulders at lpool has made him relax "a bit" more in front of goal,that can make a difference. im nuetral on this,im the first to say (as i have! ) you cant blame 0 in 20 on the players around him, all im saying is what torres has said,and he knows more than you i reckon, if he had a better partner i think you would see the best of him,thats all im saying.

M.Adnan
24 Mar 09, 16:11
He misses the easy chances, so?

He still has other skills, doesn't he?

Ajesh
24 Mar 09, 16:13
No matter what he does it will always be wrong since the message he gives is the wrong one for those who want him to stay in Inter and sacrifize the Golden Ball trophy for them.

I want to see him happy and playing the kind of football he deserves to play with a team that is up to his standards in international tournaments, instead of carrying half the team on his shoulders. He obviously thinks Inter is lacking, and he has given it three valuable years of his career in spite of that.

lol. it is just a theory which states that Zlatan would win much Bigger things because of a better Mid Field. But there are a lots and lots of loopholes in it. First of all he was playing for a certain team called Juventus. Even nullyfying the fact their Work Horse like Mid Field is just like us they had much accomplished forwards in Del Peiro, Trezegay etc. SO the Burden of scoring/creating Goals was much much better shared in their team. But why did he still choke in quite important European Matches?

I haven't followed him closely during those times. But for information sake can you just tell us why did he choke against the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool etc. Now don't give us the crap that Capello had made him a restricted player. Capello surely would want to win matches instead of telling Ibra to play like Zayaleta or someone.

Secondly people who win Ballon D' Or have the habit of winning on their own sometimes against the Bigger teams. Now we haven't seen that with him for a long long time. Last season against Liverpool when the whole team was down he should have known better as a "Best player of the World" that he needs to act like one instead of looking like an ordinary player.

Once again, i am not saying that Zlatan cannot be a Golden Ball winner but there are many doubts on him to be able to say things like " He is carrying the whole team on his own" or " Inter is stopping him from winning Golden Ball" and stuff.

Jimmy Page
24 Mar 09, 16:18
Dont you think its kind of funny that Azzkiker only writes posts when Inter is doing bad or when ever he has a chance of critisize a player? I highly doubt hes a Interfan cause he sure as hell doesnt act like one.