PDA

View Full Version : Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

blackmore
01 Aug 09, 20:34
i dont think so...57 in 88 is abit different(actually alot)compared to 56 in 69..anyway i think u totaly misunderstood my post so dont worry about it...i mean seriously...read before ur fingers get into gear buddy...

sassofono101
01 Aug 09, 20:42
I wont degrade myself into throwing personal insults over a internet forum. If you want to discuss why Ib shouldn't be remembered as a great professional (without him actually being a Inter great), then I'm more than willing to do so as and adult and not as a child who has to resort to name calling to get my point across.

So is there an actual argument to what you're saying or have we already seen the peak of your maturity? :rollani:

Of course, you already expressed your insults by saying "idiot" and perhaps a racist by calling me "yank" (I'm not, but just because I live in USA you called me a term that for some people here is not a kind term).

Hey, I do like the essays you write, please keep them coming, so I can quote you, in Italian speaking forums.

Thanks again for your time, fanboy.

Il Genio
01 Aug 09, 20:46
i dont think so...there are many many with better then his...anyway i think u totaly misunderstood my post so dont worry about it...i mean seriously...read before ur fingers get into gear buddy...

I would suggest the same. You're having a go because he was whingeing and people as you put it are "getting pounded from behind by Ibra".

First of all it's childish, secondly it's off-topic and thirdly I did make a valid effort to respond to your jibberish the best way I could.

If your arguments on the topic (and I suggest you read it) are simply to reinvent old and boring insults and calling a whinge, then you're not adding anything to the debate, you're just a) confirming that you are childish and boring b) can't stay on topic and c) stating a common fact, that Ibra is a whingeing twat.

None of that has any importance what so ever when arguing if he's an inter great or not... :thumbsdo:

Il Genio
01 Aug 09, 20:49
Of course, you already expressed your insults by saying "idiot" and perhaps a racist by calling me "yank" (I'm not, but just because I live in USA you called me a term that for some people here is not a kind term).

Hey, I do like the essays you write, please keep them coming, so I can quote you, in Italian speaking forums.

Thanks again for your time, fanboy.

Yank is common for US citizens and I compared you to some idiots. You haven't refrained from anything you've said or even tried to keep on topic so, what the hey, it's your burden dude.

Please quote me and send me a link. Your views on Ibra and interisti will be hysterical. :lol:

Thanks for your time real, Italian US-fan.

blackmore
01 Aug 09, 21:00
I would suggest the same. You're having a go because he was whingeing and people as you put it are "getting pounded from behind by Ibra".

First of all it's childish, secondly it's off-topic and thirdly I did make a valid effort to respond to your jibberish the best way I could.

If your arguments on the topic (and I suggest you read it) are simply to reinvent old and boring insults and calling a whinge, then you're not adding anything to the debate, you're just a) confirming that you are childish and boring b) can't stay on topic and c) stating a common fact, that Ibra is a whingeing twat.

None of that has any importance what so ever when arguing if he's an inter great or not... :thumbsdo:

well firstly i was not refering to you so it really has nothing to do with you in the first place(are you really that bored,cause i was responding to someone else that quoted me)...secondly pls show me where i stated that ibra does/does not belong in la grande(i really wanna know)... and thirdly you think by responding with nonsensical qualms and inconsistent BLAH-BLAH that its all good....dude pls get a life...if its my wish to think someones a whinger or a moaner so be it...aint nuthin u gonna say or do to change that..no matter how much garbage you come up with...you are trying to have arguments with three ppl over a bitch and all u can come up with every line "is ur off topic u off topic".....grow up

sassofono101
01 Aug 09, 21:01
Well like i was trying to point out (politely!) real fans have passion,you dont!your far too worried about being seen to be P.C,we will agree to dissagree ,you "get" that dont you?And no!inter are definately NOT lpool!

It is worthless mate, Il Genio will never understand about being a "local". You do and a lot of other people like me do, it is a passion developed since we were 0 years old. It is about loyalty and honour being above any trophy.

Oops, I just realized, Another essay or comment from Genio is coming......about this. Genio Could you spare us just one time from getting another essay?.....I do not think you can, you will post about this:joker:

Il Genio
01 Aug 09, 21:07
It is worthless mate, Il Genio will never understand about being a "local". You do and a lot of other people like me do, it is a passion developed since we were 0 years old. It is about loyalty and honour being above any trophy.

Oops, I just realized, Another essay or comment from Genio is coming......about this. Genio Could you spare us just one time from getting another essay?.....I do not think you can, you will post about this:joker:

You're both obviously from the US posing as "real" fans, so an essay isn't necessary; it was just a kind way of trying to communicate through a good debate.

Shame on me, huh? :joker::lol:

blackmore
01 Aug 09, 21:11
im not from the US buddy....and trust me it wasnt "good" nor was it a "debate".....id categorize it more under verbal diaorreah

ciamac
01 Aug 09, 21:11
mods seriously should consider re vote ing or something, he isn't la grande material.
i'll remind you everyday from now on.

Luka
01 Aug 09, 21:12
One thing first.....i am not a "fake interista",i am a lpool fan born in lpool who has had a season ticket since 1976( yes im 47!lol),i am on here because i like to see other teams fans opinions of various issues,thats all,so now we've got that straight....................you have a very romantic/idealistic notion of football/inter,nowhere in my post have i condoned or mentioned racism so i dont know why you mention that to me?ALL i said was if you are local to the club you follow then "normally" your feelings will be stronger( i understand "outsiders" feelings can also be strong as well btw)than those from outside the clubs home town,case in point was when micheal owen was available on a free transfer this summer,myself and all my mates and the VAST majority of reds who were born in the city would NEVER have him back after the way he left for madrid,it made football and financial sense to get him back BUT we didnt want him,however if you were to look at various LFC websites in other parts of the world THEY wanted him back.my point is that "in general" local football fans tend to look at things in black and white,things tend to hurt them more,im NOT saying people from outside a clubs home city "dont" care,im saying that its only natural that locals get more passionate about their club and feel betrayal "more" than "outsiders",its just human nature that someone who has been going the match and borrowing thousands of pounds(as i have)to go to finals in europe etc since they were a teen "will" have stronger feelings,thats all my point was,i dont think there is anything wrong with people who get wound up/angry by their top player leaving their club,like i said........it may not even make sense BUT its just all about emotions!i personally could never have your magnanimous/forgiving attitude to micheal "the maggot" owen for instance,to me he's a judas,the lowest of the low now that he's joined united,i dont analyse my feelings ,they are how i feel in my heart ,and thats all that matters as a fan of lpool.so we will agree to dissagree on the subject,you can take your subjective/analytical approach and i will go with my feelings.
Never thought I will say it, but GREAT POST!

That is exactly what I meant when I said couple of times that at interfans it's different than here. I'm not saying it is worse !!! but it's different.

From what I saw I'm in my opinions am closer to the opinions over there, because although I don't go to Inter games every sunday, I am trying to compensate it with being more passionate, and try to be the way I am towards my club in my hometown. I would love to live in Milano, go to every game, but I'm happy that at least I can go once a year, and shout my loungs out.

Anyways great post in showing how it's different for us, and for the interistas living in Milano.

Il Genio
01 Aug 09, 21:13
im not from the US buddy....

Sure you're not "buddy"...;):lol:

Il Genio
01 Aug 09, 21:20
Never thought I will say it, but GREAT POST!

That is exactly what I meant when I said couple of times that at interfans it's different than here. I'm not saying it is worse !!! but it's different.

From what I saw I'm in my opinions am closer to the opinions over there, because although I don't go to Inter games every sunday, I am trying to compensate it with being more passionate, and try to be the way I am towards my club in my hometown. I would love to live in Milano, go to every game, but I'm happy that at least I can go once a year, and shout my loungs out.

Anyways great post in showing how it's different for us, and for the interistas living in Milano.

The compensation is your problem though. You don't realise that locals have laughed and screamed "bastardo!!" at Ibra ever since he joined, at every single goal. So when you're reading "he kissed the badge?!!" you somehow miss this :lol::yuck: and confuse it with this :frustrat:.

I dunno, maybe it's just cultural? Perhaps Sasso could explain it to you? :D

blackmore
01 Aug 09, 21:20
what makes you think im from there...(now this time actually think before you engage those fingers...cause ur gonna make urself look very silly very soon if u continue)...

Il Genio
01 Aug 09, 21:25
what makes you think im from there...(now this time actually think before you engage those fingers...cause ur gonna make urself look very silly very soon if u continue)...

The txtspeek, the US lingo, key phrases, a tendency to be childish and using stuff that's bordeline "ur homo!"-brilliant.

You know, US stuff.

You could be from the UK too, but they're usually more polished and witty in their childish abuse. Edit: Oh... and let's not forget, they are almost never plastics.

blackmore
01 Aug 09, 21:30
nah man..ur far off....very very far off...but nice try...keep at it u'll get it someday...

Il Genio
01 Aug 09, 21:34
nah man..ur far off....very very far off...but nice try...keep at it u'll get it someday...

And that's why my nickname is what it is ladies and gentlemen. :D

blackmore
01 Aug 09, 21:39
And that's why my nickname is what it is ladies and gentlemen. :D

uhhhm...no i dont think so...if you were as "good" as you proclaim to be you would have got it by now..:)

Luka
01 Aug 09, 21:43
The compensation is your problem though. You don't realise that locals have laughed and screamed "bastardo!!" at Ibra ever since he joined, at every single goal. So when you're reading "he kissed the badge?!!" you somehow miss this :lol::yuck: and confuse it with this :frustrat:.

Stop talking this bullshit.

Il Genio
01 Aug 09, 21:48
uhhhm...no i dont think so...if you were as "good" as you proclaim to be you would have got it by now..:)

Yeah, yeah. It' bedtime on this side of the pond so let's put an end to this. I wish I could say it's been interesting, but let's not kid ourselfes ey? ;)

Thanks for the chat "buddy". Keep bashing interisti or whatever it is you do to make you feel like an actual fan. :cool:

Il Genio
01 Aug 09, 21:49
Stop talking this bullshit.

Overcompensating, you said it yourself. It's silly and it's plastic and it's certainly not Inter. Grow an opinion and join the club.

blackmore
01 Aug 09, 21:54
Yeah, yeah. It' bedtime on this side of the pond so let's put an end to this. I wish I could say it's been interesting, but let's not kid ourselfes ey? ;)

Thanks for the chat "buddy". Keep bashing interisti or whatever it is you do to make you feel like an actual fan. :cool:

haha..disturbing you are{yoda}

Luka
01 Aug 09, 22:00
Overcompensating, you said it yourself. It's silly and it's plastic and it's certainly not Inter. Grow an opinion and join the club.
Maybe this is true huh ?

"You don't realise that locals have laughed and screamed "bastardo!!" at Ibra ever since he joined, at every single goal."

Ever right? Means like they did it last year, and the year before that too ?

You're a laughstock.

Adam
01 Aug 09, 22:04
i dont think so...57 in 88 is abit different(actually alot)compared to 56 in 69..anyway i think u totaly misunderstood my post so dont worry about it...i mean seriously...read before ur fingers get into gear buddy...

Actually Ronaldo had 49 in 69 which is 0.71 goals per game. Ibra had 57 in 88 which is 0.64 goals per game, which is not a huge difference. I don't know Ronaldo's assiststats but considering the way he played back then I doubt he had anything close to 23 assists, and he didn't win us any scudetto's either.

Anyways Ibra left after having achieved a lot at the club, in a dignified manner. Ronaldo left after having milked the club for money for two years during his injury. Unless Ibra joins Milan, scores and puts his hands to his ears to taunt them: he will be rememberd as an Inter great in due time. Ronaldo on the other hand will always be a fat pig.

It's hilarious you're in here talking about who's "real fans", and criticizing the people who still appreciate Ibra, while at the same time defending Ronaldo.

Keveen
01 Aug 09, 22:25
If Ibra cant be defended, then Ronaldo Da Lima deserves to be crucified

Rimpel
01 Aug 09, 23:41
firstly this newly registered ibra hater registered two yrs before you :)...secondly the only moaning is coming from you as ibra pounds you from behind.....im not trying to change anything here...i respect imahombitch as much as the next person and am grateful for what he's done for our club....but opinions vary from person to person dude and if you cant hack that in an open forum then i cant really help you out..i have never once stated my distaste for him being le grande inter...i just didnt like his consistent moaning and whining on the field...just my shitty opinion :)

were you seriously born this stupid? You respect him and call him a name which ive only seen jealous rubentus and bilan fans call him. You're a fuckin disgrace, GTFO.

tritolone
02 Aug 09, 02:27
I didn't want to post in this thread anymore but...you say the fans in Milano don't like Zlatan?

What about Milan fans from Milano who booed Maldini? Now if some idiots booed Zanetti would you join them? I hope not.

I can assure you whenever I've been to the Curva Nord in recent years Zlatan didn't get booed other than by some individuals

Jimmy
02 Aug 09, 08:17
The departure that was inevitable, has happened. I've always said I never expected Zlatan to stay for the rest of his career with Inter. That's also why I've never really got that attached to him.

When he first joined, I was pissed. He came from an extremely sub-par season with Juventus, and I could not see how this would be a good transfer. And I was right, for two months or so, and then he just exploded. He didn't start off very good with us, but as soon as he got in form, he never stopped. He did carry this team for almost three years, and is the biggest contributor of us winning the last three titles. If that doesn't warrant being a legend in our club, then I don't know what it takes.

We're all emotional people. We don't like to see players leave our club, unless we want to see them leave. It hurts. And this is why people even debate the fact that he has played a huge part in our team, and deserves to be up there amongst the greatest players we've ever had. Not the most LOVED players (God know I've never LOVED him), but one of the GREATEST. And we as fans, tend to remember the ones we loved, and not the ones that did their duty and beyond for three years, and then leave because they think they can win more at another club.

Zlatan has left, and despite all his importance in this club, he had to go. We were getting to the point where we couldn't play without his contribution. He was getting bigger than the team. Every single attack had to go through him, and if he had a day off, we were clueless of what to do. It was time for a change.
He also contributed a lot to that some of his attacking partners, shit their pants everytime they failed to deliver a pass. I have no doubt that Quaresma would have performed a lot better last year, if he didn't have Zlatan screaming at his face everytime he attempted something and failed.

We were also creating this huge gap in their hierarchy within the squad, through the wage issue. Of course, Zlatan with his importance deserved the biggest wage. But three times more than the second best paid player in the squad? Obviously, that would cause problems for the rest of the team, with players like Maicon who feel they play a huge part of this team's success too, and doesn't make close the money that Zlatan was making.

Zlatan IS an Inter legend in terms of his performances, and how BIG he was in Italy. I've been to Italy numerous of times, and he was even bigger there than he is in freaking Sweden. It was amazing.
He's not a LOVED legend, but legend nonetheless. He has played an important part of our history. This is also why I think he was just plain direspectful by kissing the Barca badge. I condemn that act fully, and some of my respect for him vanished. However, his actions with his new team, doesn't change his importance with his old team, and that is all that mattered. We knew when we got Zlatan that we wouldn't get this popular player that would be commited or passionate about playing for Inter.

All in all, I thank Zlatan for all these years, and as a Swede, I cannot believe that the biggest player in our team (and almost the entire Italy) was a Swede. Outstanding. He was never my favourite player, but he was my most important player.

But we will survive his departure. A new adventure begin, one without passing the ball to Zlatan everytime we struggle. And I for one, am extremely excited to see that adventure unfold.

Besnik
02 Aug 09, 08:24
Awesome post Jimmy. :star: definitivly great explained.

Energy
02 Aug 09, 08:46
Like I said 100 times. We are Inter, not Zlatan.

Il Genio
02 Aug 09, 09:22
were you seriously born this stupid? You respect him and call him a name which ive only seen jealous rubentus and bilan fans call him. You're a fuckin disgrace, GTFO.

Don't be so harsh on them, let Yank and Ronaldo-fan link their hugathon-crusade on a "real" Inter-forum and let the die hards have their say on the assholes of this "fake" forum. They can post a pic of Ronaldo-fan and Yank hugging each other in Ronaldo-fans Ronaldo-shirt to prove they're authentic. Both of em smiling and pointing at a pizza to show that they eat nothing but Italian...

It should be interesting. ;)

If Ibra cant be defended, then Ronaldo Da Lima deserves to be crucified

If Ibra can't be defended, Ronaldo should be sent into a orbit like a space chimp, spending his last days running out of air and wondering how the feck he ever got so far away from home. :P

"Inter, Inter... come in Inter... Do you read me Inter?????"

ataturk5
02 Aug 09, 09:58
And I'm even more poletiley trying to explain that I am a real fan and someone who claims ownership on the worlds only international club isn't.

I "get" how Prem fans behave towards foreign fans and plastics, I do, but Internazionale isn't the Prem or Liverpool - it's INTER, suck it up and face that we are in fact better and more civilized than you! :D

Get over yerself!How are you a real fan? sadly for a lot of people on here its logistically impossible to be a "real" fan,"real" fans who can go the game "will" have stronger feelings than people who simply cant get to the games,thats not me insulting people who follow inter from the USA or INDIA,its just a fact.I respect your high opinion of ibra,so why cant you respect/understand those who are angered by his leaving?your simply too disspassionate to be a "real" fan imo. you can keep your civilised,we'l keep the european cups.....suck THAT up:cool:i havnt insulted inter so theres no need to insult my club mucker

J zanetti
02 Aug 09, 10:10
Great post Jimmy – agree with most if not all but the wage issue. Correct me if I’m wrong but I think Eto’o is bound to get more or less the same wages as Ibra did. And that to me is creating an even worse scenario because Eto’o still has a lot to proof in our colours. Ibra was worth every penny he was getting seeing how fundamental he was in our team. I still do not agree with the gap between him and the sec highest paid player but somehow someone out there could have a good argument convincing 1 or 2 people. Where as that can not be done in Eto’s favour for the time being. Let’s hope he too can somehow justify his wage package. To sum, even in a good case scenario (in other words Et’o actually performs well for us) we will end up with yet another player earnings way more than the rest of the squad.

Il Genio
02 Aug 09, 10:17
Get over yerself!How are you a real fan? do you go the game? you can keep your civilised,we'l keep the european cups.....suck THAT up:cool:i havnt insulted inter so theres no need to insult my club mucker

I'm third generation Interista Einstein. How about you join Yank and Ronaldo-fan and take you Premiership wisdom to somewhere someone gives a flying feck? This is a international forum and Inter is a international club, end of.

You are so clueless you don't even understand you are defending people that hates on the forum and Ibra "fanboys" while hugging and nodding along with the Ronaldo-lovers... from across the pond. You call these people "emotional locals". :lol:

ataturk5
02 Aug 09, 10:30
I'm third generation Interista Einstein. How about you join Yank and Ronaldo-fan and take you Premiership wisdom to somewhere someone gives a flying feck? This is a international forum and Inter is a international club, end of.

You are so clueless you don't even understand you are defending people that hates on the forum and Ibra "fanboys" while hugging and nodding along with the Ronaldo-lovers... from across the pond. You call these people "emotional locals". :lol:

Ah insults eh? and here was me thinking you said you were "civilized":joker:,Third generation where?in italy? im not clueless at all,probably been to more matches in my teens than you've ever been ,im saying that YES i can understand people hating ibra for his badgekissing antics etc,if you re read my posts i was talking about "solointer" who is NOT from across the pond i dont think:D,but even if they were from across the pond and decided that they hated ibra i can understand that,you being so "civilized" should learn to respect others opinions instead of trying to portray youself as some bastion of all forgiving intelect,he left you,he kissed the barca badge right away,hardly suprising then that some members hate him now is it?get real kid;)

Ehsan
02 Aug 09, 10:41
Please end this discussion about each other and focus on talking about Zlatan.

Jimmy made a great post on the previous page which is more worthy of the replies.

Il Genio
02 Aug 09, 10:47

Jimmy made a great post on the previous page which is more worthy of the replies.

I agree, the fanboy issue is dead and burried. Let's discuss the topic.

ataturk5
02 Aug 09, 10:48

Im not talking about myself,im just saying that its entirely understandable that some forum members now dislike ibra,thats all,its the real world.......emotions run high etc,anyone who cant understand that should move to............UTOPIA:D

Adam
02 Aug 09, 12:27
Great post Jimmy. :star:

My Move Is Like A Film With A Happy Ending - Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Moving to Barcelona is like something from Hollywood...

Zlatan Ibrahimovic is still trying to digest the fact that he has completed a dream move to Barcelona as he adapts to life with the European champions.

The Swedish striker has yet to train with his new team-mates, but they have all welcomed him and he is enjoying himself on the club's trip to the United States.

After weeks of speculation the transfer that saw Samuel Eto'o head to Inter in exchange took place and Ibrahimovic thinks that it was like something from the movies.

"What has happened to me is like a film with a happy ending," he told Sport.

"I wanted to sign for Barcelona and now I am here. The one thing though is that one always has doubts when joining a squad about how they will receive you.

"But the one thing is, despite people not believing it and thinking it would be different, that everyone, absolutely everyone, has treated me marvellously.

"The most important thing now is that I am here. A lot of things have been said, some true and other things not, but I do not want to talk about this much.

"I have now left Inter and I do want to say that I am very grateful for all the club gave me, but now I am only thinking about Barcelona."

Ibrahimovic will inevitably be compared to Samuel Eto'o, but he thinks that the two of them should not be judged against the other.

"I know that during these early days everyone will want to compare me with Eto'o, but these are things for the media and do not bother me," he continued.

"We are different and we are playing for different clubs. I hope that he is happy and triumphs with Inter because it is a great club."

Nyall
02 Aug 09, 13:37
How long is Ibra out for? And what are the possibilities of his knee injury returning?

Rimpel
02 Aug 09, 16:04
what knee injury are u talking about? He's only been injured one time (from what I recall) when he played for us.

Handoyo
02 Aug 09, 16:09
Jimmy, fantastic post. :star: And as usual, your sentiments exactly mirror mine. I'd like to stress out to others that just because you don't personally like Zlatan, you really cannot deny that his contribution to the club is legendary. Debate whether he is a club legend or not, but please do not be too biased by using the 0 CL knockout goals to blind yourself from thinking that Zlatan's effect on Inter's latest success is not legendary.

Maybe you should take a chill pill, or maybe re-evaluate your stance on Ibra a few weeks/months from now when the anger at his circus behavior throughout his Barca move should subside.

Il Genio, please do us a favor. You can multiple quote posts by simply using the copy & paste function instead of posting twice.

Luka
02 Aug 09, 16:21
Han, nobody is denying that, and what we in 90% of cases were talking about had nothing to do with what Ibra did for Inter, because we all know he was irreplacable to our team.

People are not talking about that over here.

CN69
04 Aug 09, 11:30
I don't care I won't remember him

who care ?

vitomins
04 Aug 09, 11:46
I don't care I won't remember him

who care ?

Then that means you will forget about our last 3 Scudetti, because you cannot think of those without thinking about Ibra...

sassofono101
04 Aug 09, 16:52
I agree, the fanboy issue is dead and burried. Let's discuss the topic.

Idiot is far from dead you [insult]. [insults].

38 out of your 43 posts have been in this thread, therefore every opinion, every word you write / say being from Sweden is SUBJECTIVE.

Goodbye to all, this forum is not for italian interisti, at least not for me, is for international fans. Sweden Genious, don't even bother to reply, I won't be here anymore to read.

Lets see if the admins and moderators leave my post without editing.

Ouch!

[Moderator Edit: No, the mods will not leave your posts without moderating because you insulted another member. I'm sure you can articulate your thoughts without insults, but you chose not too. You've earned a 1 day ban if you ever care to come back here.]

Il Genio
04 Aug 09, 19:50
22 of your 25 posts are in this thread (all anti-Ibra) so I really don't understand what you are on about american.

Here are the facts:

1) Ibra wanted out but was happy to stay, he's 27 and have given us 3 good years and didn't (unless Moratti is a liar) pressure the club. He thanked the club and Moratti in his press conference and have reiterated his praise again according to Goal.

2) Ibra kissed the badge, it's customary in Spain. Maxwell did it too.

3) We got 45M + Eto'o for him. There is absolutely no reason to be bitter.

Now, you may argue he isn't La Grande and I wouldn't disagree. You could even say he wasn't a great professional which may be a bit emotional and not very fact based, but still a legitimate worthwhile opinion. What you may not do however, is try to impose your OPINION with insults and blatant lies of your background, like you somehow are more interista than everyone else here and your opinion is therefor the right one or everyone else can go to hell and buy a Milan shirt or whatever.

I've already owned you once, really got my fist in there good and proper, but if you want to debate this further in a mature fashion with arguments and facts instead of insults and name calling; I'm more than willing to do so. I'm not the one getting all heated over Ibrahimovic so I'm more than able to have a rational talk about him and his departure in an objective manner.

As a matter of fact, I, and I don't know how you feel about it, find myself being rather immune to any "betrayals" against Inter these days. It's like I have this infinite positive vibe knowing we've ass raped Serie A for the past 4 years, that the steroid bitch has been caught with her hand in the Moggi-jar, that Berlusconi runs with whores, that Milan is a shithouse full of retired people, that the braindead Milan-fans couldn't even send off Maldini correctly, that they're known as the most disgusting cheating club in football... and that we Interisti, just keeps on getting better and better, now with the edition of a Eto'o in the form of his life where Milan could only land a fat drunkard like Ronaldinho.

Doesn't it make you happy too my friend? Knowing what an utterly impotent laughing stock they are? That we, inspite of Ibra leaving, still is Serie As strongest and only respected team by far and far? The only ones who aren't known as disgraceful cheaters?

It's a lot to smile about in my opinion and nothing no Ibra will be able to bring down. So be happy interista, the scum are really depressed and sad and there's no use in bringing yourself down to their miserable level just because one of the dozen Inter-stars are leaving. It's not like he was Kaka and your club is on a one way street to becoming a second rate club packed with known cheaters and a stained history, is there? ;)

Zuperman8
05 Aug 09, 00:30
MUST WATCH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hWBHqvkGrI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9HCImmaLPY

Hasan
05 Aug 09, 10:21
A new adventure begin, one without passing the ball to Zlatan everytime we struggle.

Good post :star:

And this is a sentence who explains why I am so scared before new season, without Zlatan Ibrahimović.
Who will take the ball when we struggle? I hope that we will become a team but if we don't than ... we will have a problem.

kova9
05 Aug 09, 22:00
Well, lets just hope we don't struggle.. After all, now we have more balanced team.. So either we will be superior to our opponent, or we won't have solution to them.. :D

K.I.
06 Aug 09, 00:07
You know the more i think about this transfer the more i think about how amazing it is really. We got 60 million pounds from the deal (Eto'o and the Cash). Not only did we get a proven goal scorer in both his league and the CL but we also got cash and got rid of a player that we got for 25 mill pounds and who never helped us in our primary objective. Interesting transfer indeed.

tonyloo
06 Aug 09, 00:49
Of course the deal is amazing on paper. If we use the millions we get the right way we'll get alot better.

In reality I doubt we will. We might get Cassano. That wont be enough though. Cassano will be thrilled to get a Moratti paycheck and continue being the person he is today, probably worse, only training 50%(25% now? He has got Moratti's money after all.), slightly overweight and unmotivated to win.

Sneijder and the other Real Madrid fuckers can suck my dick.

Eto'o might be useful in some games were the motivated(and signed) Cassano plays, but other than that? He'll be our new Suazo.

Alessandro
06 Aug 09, 02:26
Tony Loo I disagree entirly... Maybe 3 years ago I would think different but I know now that if (when) Cassano comes to Inter he will play for the Badge... Ull see. He wants to play in the WC... He will work hard for it.

minterke
06 Aug 09, 05:31
Who's to say Zlatan is better than Cassano? For me he isn't..

Adam
06 Aug 09, 06:10
You know the more i think about this transfer the more i think about how amazing it is really. We got 60 million pounds from the deal (Eto'o and the Cash). Not only did we get a proven goal scorer in both his league and the CL but we also got cash and got rid of a player that we got for 25 mill pounds and who never helped us in our primary objective. Interesting transfer indeed.

Yeah, we also got rid of a player who not only was our top scorer in 07/08 and 08/09, but also our top assister in the same seasons. I bet you it's gonna take many, many years, probably a good decade, before someone comes to Inter and does that for even one season, let alone two. And when a player arrives that does do it I can guarantee you he'll have better service than continous longballs.

Interesting note is that Ibra was actually our top scorer in the CL these past two seasons combined, and one of the top assisters. Can't blame him for not being able to carry an avarage side to CL glory.

K.I.
06 Aug 09, 06:14
I never said he did bad in Serie A. Players come and go unfortunately and Zlatan isnt an exception.

Bes
06 Aug 09, 09:09
z l a t a n
I B R A H I M O V I C

http://thumbnails19.imagebam.com/4313/ce225143128088.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/ce225143128088/) http://thumbnails15.imagebam.com/4313/def43743128102.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/def43743128102/) http://thumbnails13.imagebam.com/4313/4a6df043128118.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/4a6df043128118/) http://thumbnails3.imagebam.com/4313/bec17043128123.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/bec17043128123/) http://thumbnails11.imagebam.com/4313/fe1ff943128130.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/fe1ff943128130/) http://thumbnails12.imagebam.com/4313/b49d9d43128136.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/b49d9d43128136/) http://thumbnails14.imagebam.com/4313/aefcf643128140.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/aefcf643128140/) http://thumbnails16.imagebam.com/4313/04e59c43128147.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/04e59c43128147/) http://thumbnails19.imagebam.com/4313/5c08fa43128152.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/5c08fa43128152/) http://thumbnails18.imagebam.com/4313/e9b9eb43128158.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/e9b9eb43128158/) http://thumbnails15.imagebam.com/4313/5302fd43128163.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/5302fd43128163/) http://thumbnails13.imagebam.com/4313/426abf43128167.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/426abf43128167/) http://thumbnails19.imagebam.com/4313/47a8ee43128173.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/47a8ee43128173/) http://thumbnails13.imagebam.com/4313/da526843128181.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/da526843128181/) http://thumbnails19.imagebam.com/4313/a5a0d643128183.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/a5a0d643128183/) http://thumbnails15.imagebam.com/4313/bd985243128186.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/bd985243128186/) http://thumbnails10.imagebam.com/4313/cec8ea43128193.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/cec8ea43128193/) http://thumbnails3.imagebam.com/4313/b5135c43128206.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/b5135c43128206/) http://thumbnails14.imagebam.com/4313/9b2da543128213.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/9b2da543128213/) http://thumbnails12.imagebam.com/4313/3876d143128226.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/3876d143128226/) http://thumbnails13.imagebam.com/4313/f21be543128247.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/f21be543128247/) http://thumbnails3.imagebam.com/4313/e88a0443128253.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/e88a0443128253/) http://thumbnails10.imagebam.com/4313/ca7bda43128270.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/ca7bda43128270/) http://thumbnails16.imagebam.com/4313/e3997c43128276.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/e3997c43128276/) http://thumbnails16.imagebam.com/4313/e22cde43128285.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/e22cde43128285/) http://thumbnails13.imagebam.com/4313/9feeed43128292.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/9feeed43128292/) http://thumbnails15.imagebam.com/4313/bd01ab43128304.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/bd01ab43128304/) http://thumbnails19.imagebam.com/4313/a9879443128319.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/a9879443128319/)

For the ones who still like Ibra...

Besnik
06 Aug 09, 09:50
Thank you Bessi :)

alvaro
06 Aug 09, 10:50
http://static.guim.co.uk/Guardian/football/gallery/2009/aug/01/transfer-window-internazionale/robmoline-8419.jpg

kova9
06 Aug 09, 12:45
These are great Bessi..

And lol alvaro! :D

INTER
06 Aug 09, 12:49
Can't blame him for not being able to carry an avarage side to CL glory.

I am sorry that you feel that way about the team but the players worked entirely for him so I don't see how he is not to blame. He should have delivered the same quality in Champions League as he did in Serie A.

Adam
06 Aug 09, 15:07
I am sorry that you feel that way about the team but the players worked entirely for him so I don't see how he is not to blame. He should have delivered the same quality in Champions League as he did in Serie A.

"They worked entirely for him".:D That's interesting. Can you explain that further?

rockball
06 Aug 09, 16:15
Oh come on. Zlatan cannot be blamed for the CL debacle. In the games against Manu, he may have missed sitters but those were some of the best performances possible. He practically had the defenders in his pocket without any support from the midfield. Of course he would feel frustrated being in a team that depended on him like a baby on its mother.

Nyall
06 Aug 09, 16:24
Pocket? Carragher and Hyypia schooled Zlatan. Evans and Rio also did the same. Zlatan had 0 shots on goal in both of these games.

vitomins
06 Aug 09, 16:32
Pocket? Carragher and Hyypia schooled Zlatan. Evans and Rio also did the same. Zlatan had 0 shots on goal in both of these games.

In the first match I remember 3 of his shots would have been goal bound but they were blocked and we won corners from them...

Rimpel
06 Aug 09, 21:45
z l a t a n
I B R A H I M O V I C

http://thumbnails19.imagebam.com/4313/ce225143128088.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/ce225143128088/) http://thumbnails15.imagebam.com/4313/def43743128102.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/def43743128102/) http://thumbnails13.imagebam.com/4313/4a6df043128118.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/4a6df043128118/) http://thumbnails3.imagebam.com/4313/bec17043128123.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/bec17043128123/) http://thumbnails11.imagebam.com/4313/fe1ff943128130.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/fe1ff943128130/) http://thumbnails12.imagebam.com/4313/b49d9d43128136.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/b49d9d43128136/) http://thumbnails14.imagebam.com/4313/aefcf643128140.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/aefcf643128140/) http://thumbnails16.imagebam.com/4313/04e59c43128147.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/04e59c43128147/) http://thumbnails19.imagebam.com/4313/5c08fa43128152.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/5c08fa43128152/) http://thumbnails18.imagebam.com/4313/e9b9eb43128158.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/e9b9eb43128158/) http://thumbnails15.imagebam.com/4313/5302fd43128163.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/5302fd43128163/) http://thumbnails13.imagebam.com/4313/426abf43128167.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/426abf43128167/) http://thumbnails19.imagebam.com/4313/47a8ee43128173.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/47a8ee43128173/) http://thumbnails13.imagebam.com/4313/da526843128181.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/da526843128181/) http://thumbnails19.imagebam.com/4313/a5a0d643128183.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/a5a0d643128183/) http://thumbnails15.imagebam.com/4313/bd985243128186.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/bd985243128186/) http://thumbnails10.imagebam.com/4313/cec8ea43128193.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/cec8ea43128193/) http://thumbnails3.imagebam.com/4313/b5135c43128206.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/b5135c43128206/) http://thumbnails14.imagebam.com/4313/9b2da543128213.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/9b2da543128213/) http://thumbnails12.imagebam.com/4313/3876d143128226.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/3876d143128226/) http://thumbnails13.imagebam.com/4313/f21be543128247.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/f21be543128247/) http://thumbnails3.imagebam.com/4313/e88a0443128253.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/e88a0443128253/) http://thumbnails10.imagebam.com/4313/ca7bda43128270.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/ca7bda43128270/) http://thumbnails16.imagebam.com/4313/e3997c43128276.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/e3997c43128276/) http://thumbnails16.imagebam.com/4313/e22cde43128285.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/e22cde43128285/) http://thumbnails13.imagebam.com/4313/9feeed43128292.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/9feeed43128292/) http://thumbnails15.imagebam.com/4313/bd01ab43128304.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/bd01ab43128304/) http://thumbnails19.imagebam.com/4313/a9879443128319.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/a9879443128319/)

For the ones who still like Ibra...

damn nice job, except for jube pic;)

lonewolf19
07 Aug 09, 03:46
Rimpel, I was going to point out the same thing. :P

Nyall
07 Aug 09, 04:04
In the first match I remember 3 of his shots would have been goal bound but they were blocked and we won corners from them...
And what came out of those corners?

Alessandro
07 Aug 09, 11:35
Idiot... :wallbang:

Zlatan Ibrahimovic gave Pep Guardiola a scare in training for Barcelona when he attempted an audacious overhead kick forgetting about the injured hand that required surgery only last week.

Nyall
07 Aug 09, 13:06
Jackass hopes he re-injures it and is out for the season.

Alessandro
07 Aug 09, 13:46
Jackass hopes he re-injures it and is out for the season.

Imagine that... Unfortunately for Barca, "No refunds" is clearly stated on the bottom of the receipt. lol

vitomins
07 Aug 09, 13:46
And what came out of those corners?

So not scoring from those corners is solely Ibra's fault?

rockball
07 Aug 09, 13:47
I hope he is fine and goes to become their Pichhichi(however it is spelt).

Luka
07 Aug 09, 14:15
http://www.sport.es/vivo/recursos/fotos/foto_380/foto_380915_CAS.jpg

WTF Zlatan :lol:

Jimmy Page
07 Aug 09, 14:22
Ouch that looks like it could hurt

rockball
07 Aug 09, 15:16
He really is excited to be there. Thanks Moratti for granting him his wish and getting a good deal in return.

Adam
07 Aug 09, 16:44
He just can't help himself. He's gotta show off his skills even if it kills him. Guardiola was heard screaming: No Ibra, not that! :lol:

Nyall
07 Aug 09, 18:25
So not scoring from those corners is solely Ibra's fault?

You're the one who even brought up those deflected shots that lead to corners topic. They didn't help us in any way shape or form and certainly didn't change the fact that Ibra is a choker.

vitomins
07 Aug 09, 18:30
You're the one who even brought up those deflected shots that lead to corners topic. They didn't help us in any way shape or form and certainly didn't change the fact that Ibra is a choker.

You do not think gaining corner kicks helps a team trying to score?

Nyall
07 Aug 09, 19:07
You do not think gaining corner kicks helps a team trying to score?

Not if the team doesn't score.

vitomins
07 Aug 09, 19:13
Not if the team doesn't score.

Then by that theory shooting on goal does not help if you do not score, so your whole argument about Ibra getting owned because he had no shots on goal is void...

Nyall
07 Aug 09, 19:40
Then by that theory shooting on goal does not help if you do not score, so your whole argument about Ibra getting owned because he had no shots on goal is void...

Not really since this is how it is viewed by the world.

vitomins
07 Aug 09, 19:47

lol...why do I bother arguing with a guy who is always right?

Rimpel
07 Aug 09, 20:01

my god:lol:

Nyall
07 Aug 09, 20:14
lol...why do I bother arguing with a guy who is always right?

No idea:D

Alessandro
08 Aug 09, 04:13
Jose Mourinho's latest comments...

“We will not forget a player who has been so important to us, and I, as a coach, do not forget the players who have made significant contributions,” he assured.

“However, I am not sad about this change and I am sure that the fans, like me, feel the same.”

My sentiments exactly...

rockball
08 Aug 09, 06:49
lol at vito owning Nyall.

J zanetti
08 Aug 09, 09:54
I think 1 was posted before however take a look as there are some funny photoshop work in there! :)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/gallery/2009/aug/06/the-gallery-zlatan-ibrahimovic?picture=351183631

Adam
08 Aug 09, 20:04
Crowd: Eto'o who? :D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gnphT6S_T6E&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gnphT6S_T6E&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

minterke
08 Aug 09, 20:44
Etoo the guy Zlatan will never be able to replace.

Adam
08 Aug 09, 20:59
Haha Mike. I don't think so. I'll make you a bet that if Ibra plays a full season, say 55 matches in all competitions he'll score 40 goals for them. If I win you have to have an avatar of my choosing, with the words "I'm Ibra's bitch" on it for a week. :D

If you win I'll have an avatar of your choosing for a week. Deal?

Nyall
09 Aug 09, 03:46
If Mike declines can I take that bet?

blackmore
09 Aug 09, 04:50
me next..:)

Alessandro
09 Aug 09, 05:04
I don't want to doubt u Adam but are u serious? Ull lose this bet.

minterke
09 Aug 09, 05:09
Haha Mike. I don't think so. I'll make you a bet that if Ibra plays a full season, say 55 matches in all competitions he'll score 40 goals for them. If I win you have to have an avatar of my choosing, with the words "I'm Ibra's bitch" on it for a week. :D

If you win I'll have an avatar of your choosing for a week. Deal?

Deal bro. I'll even make it easier, all he has to do is beat Etoo's 29 goals. And if not you have to have an avatar saying. IBRA SEI UN ZINGARO! :D

VLE
09 Aug 09, 05:43
Adam, you do realize that Ibra was brought to distribute the balls upfront, right? Not as a scorer.

Eto'o wasn't even the highest goalscorer last season. It was Messi. As long as Henry+Messi can scorer as much as or more than Eto'o, Ibra will take another role.

Luka
09 Aug 09, 06:49
That is silly idea Adam, seriously.

Zuperman8
09 Aug 09, 08:18
Deal bro. I'll even make it easier, all he has to do is beat Etoo's 29 goals. And if not you have to have an avatar saying. IBRA SEI UN ZINGARO! :D

Eto'o scored 30 La Liga goals and 9 CL Goals = 39 Goals

blackmore
09 Aug 09, 08:48
like taking candy from a baby....:)

addo
09 Aug 09, 09:30
I think Adam will win this bet here.. With La Ligas poor defenses (compared to Serie A) + the service he will finally get.. He will score at will.

Etoˇ on the other hand without the service he is used to and playing against defenses that doesnt leave as much space for his run ins.. Will not be all that good in Serie A

Adam
09 Aug 09, 09:53
If Mike declines can I take that bet?

Absolutely. You can take it anyway. I'll figure out your avatar in time, but the bet is he'll score 40 goals in all comps provided he plays at least 55 matches.

Eto'o scored 36, so let's make it an even 40. Done deal mate. :D

Adam, you do realize that Ibra was brought to distribute the balls upfront, right? Not as a scorer.

Eto'o wasn't even the highest goalscorer last season. It was Messi. As long as Henry+Messi can scorer as much as or more than Eto'o, Ibra will take another role.

We'll see.;) Maybe you're right but I expect him to play in the middle of the three. From that position regardless of role, he'll score.

P.s No more betters. Two is enough.

Ilkinio
09 Aug 09, 10:56
How can he play 55 games? :D 38 in Primera+ 13 in CL= 51. You expect him to play all Copa del Rey matches too? :D

Adam
09 Aug 09, 11:11
Yeah, some Copa del Rey, but also the Spanish Super Cup, the Uefa Super Cup, and the Club World Cup.

Anyways, Eto'o had 36 goals in 52 matches last season. I don't think it's too much to ask Ibra get's 3 more matches to score 4 more goals. Anyways, a bet's a bet. No going back on it now. :D

Raul Duke
09 Aug 09, 11:54
Eto - 30
Barca Average: 3+ Goals

Ibra - 25
Inter Average: ~ 1.6 Goals

Ilkinio
09 Aug 09, 11:59
Raul, care to look up other scorers for Barca and Inter?

caelestis
09 Aug 09, 12:02
I won't really hang around here anymore and never really posted a lot. Since I live a couple of kilometers from Zlatan in Sweden and grew up there as well it's natural for me to follow him to his new team. I hope Inter goes on to win the Scudetto again this year. Since very few of the Italian clubs except for inter bought any good players you should be fine. Hopefully you will be happy with Eto'o. Off course the team is completely different now with the new players so it might be more interesting to see the matches since there won't be as much "give the ball to Ibra and see what happens" now.

If Ibra continues with the form he had for Inter last year he will beat Eto'o in scoring for Barcelona without a doubt. 30+ goals shouldn't be a problem then. I just hope he continues making beautiful goals as well and not just tap in goals now that he has better passers around him.

To all the haters, I feel sorry for you and just hope that someday you grow up or at least get a job and a girl/boyfriend that makes you happy and realise that football is a professional sport and that not everyone is happy to stay at the same surroundings year after year. One of the worlds best players played here for three years and during that time you won three scudettos. Be happy.

Finally I think it will be interesting to see what happens in Champions League. I've always felt that Zlatan wasn't a big game choker like the english people (and now the haters here as well) believe, but instead it's just a matter of the team jsut not being good enough to play on level terms with the best in Europe. Since he will be playing in arguably the best team in the world now then people like me won't have any excuses now if he doesn't perform well ;)

God speed to you all and enjoy another great football year!

Raul Duke
09 Aug 09, 12:11
Raul, care to look up other scorers for Barca and Inter?

Yes I know Messi and Henry. But at the same time; what can be said about the supply they got from the midfield... (Eto & Ibra)

caelestis
09 Aug 09, 12:16
Raul, I totally agree with you. People don't really think very far when they compare number of goals in different leagues. Much better to compare number of goals per player compared to total number of goals for their team or even total number of goals in their league.

Luka
09 Aug 09, 20:11
If you guys want to make that bet, it would be better to bet on a ratio, and say at least 20 games of Zlatan, because he would have to have even better season he had last year, and it's not something that is more likely, than the other option, that he will not.

So a ratio say, 40/55 ratio of goals per game, and at least 20 games for him. I think that would be interesting.

bennyblanco
09 Aug 09, 22:44
I won't really hang around here anymore and never really posted a lot. Since I live a couple of kilometers from Zlatan in Sweden and grew up there as well it's natural for me to follow him to his new team. I hope Inter goes on to win the Scudetto again this year. Since very few of the Italian clubs except for inter bought any good players you should be fine. Hopefully you will be happy with Eto'o. Off course the team is completely different now with the new players so it might be more interesting to see the matches since there won't be as much "give the ball to Ibra and see what happens" now.

If Ibra continues with the form he had for Inter last year he will beat Eto'o in scoring for Barcelona without a doubt. 30+ goals shouldn't be a problem then. I just hope he continues making beautiful goals as well and not just tap in goals now that he has better passers around him.

To all the haters, I feel sorry for you and just hope that someday you grow up or at least get a job and a girl/boyfriend that makes you happy and realise that football is a professional sport and that not everyone is happy to stay at the same surroundings year after year. One of the worlds best players played here for three years and during that time you won three scudettos. Be happy.

Finally I think it will be interesting to see what happens in Champions League. I've always felt that Zlatan wasn't a big game choker like the english people (and now the haters here as well) believe, but instead it's just a matter of the team jsut not being good enough to play on level terms with the best in Europe. Since he will be playing in arguably the best team in the world now then people like me won't have any excuses now if he doesn't perform well ;)

mate you wasted a whole post for your goodbye? thanx for your Ibra input as by your own words thats why you hung around....we are Inter and not Ibrahimovic Inter and we dont see just Ibrahimovic in everything associated with Inter....

hopefully you will have great thrills on your new adventure.... i hope you enjoy it as much as Ibra does...all the best to your town aswell

minterke
10 Aug 09, 04:14
Incredible the number of Zlatanistas in the world.

shahz_nerazzurri
10 Aug 09, 05:12
I know, they are even dumber than the adrianistas

Luka
10 Aug 09, 06:18
Lol at nicknames of the fanboys :D

Should anybody had to even comment on that ? :lol:

KsE
10 Aug 09, 08:52

Always found it kinda pathetic, when "fans" can suddenly change which team they support, because their favorite player gets transfered. Where is the loyalty in that? Football is about passion for the club, the badge and the colour. Players are secondary. At least in my book..

What happens when Zlatan retires? Will you stop watching football? Or find another idol to follow around like an adoring puppy?

vitomins
10 Aug 09, 12:55
Always found it kinda pathetic, when "fans" can suddenly change which team they support, because their favorite player gets transfered. Where is the loyalty in that? Football is about passion for the club, the badge and the colour. Players are secondary. At least in my book..

What happens when Zlatan retires? Will you stop watching football? Or find another idol to follow around like an adoring puppy?

We would be missing half of the members of this forum if they actually had passion for their team and did not follow their star player here :lol:

rockball
10 Aug 09, 13:13
You are wrong vito. Sure there are enough fanboys of Ronaldo, Adriano, Zlatan etc here but most of them also become fans of Inter. Its but natural to start supporting a club because of some player.

I would classify people into few categories like some team fans (club or country), player fans like this guy kse and other general football fans who would watch various games or support teams like Barca or Roma just because they play better football.

vitomins
10 Aug 09, 13:19
You are wrong vito. Sure there are enough fanboys of Ronaldo, Adriano, Zlatan etc here but most of them also become fans of Inter. Its but natural to start supporting a club because of some player.

I would classify people into few categories like some team fans (club or country), player fans like this guy kse and other general football fans who would watch various games or support teams like Barca or Roma just because they play better football.

If you say so...

But I am not speaking about people who BEGIN following a team because of a player...I am speaking of the people that hop from team to team following that player...I think that is a huge difference.

Handoyo
10 Aug 09, 16:28
Adam you're nuts.

Might as well throw the 20 assists clause in there.

minterke
10 Aug 09, 18:32
I know, they are even dumber than the adrianistas

hmm, not too sure what that is...never seen or heard of them before.

KsE
10 Aug 09, 19:20

Excuse me, did you put me in the "player fan" category? Did you misread my post or mix up the names? NOBODY is more important than the club. Players come and go, while I've been an Interista for twelve years and probably will be 'till I'm dead and gone..

But I agree with you that a lot of fans may initially take a liking to a club because of one player.. I know I did. Recoba!:P

And I can honestly say that I was never a Danubio or Nacional fan before that time.:)

Besnik
10 Aug 09, 19:39

Good point rockball. I really agree with you, it's natural to start supporting a club because of some player. I see a lot of my friends start supporting teams because of one player, example he was fan of Man Utd and now he is fan of Real Madrid just because CR9 sign to them.

But if I'm talking for me I started to support Inter since 1998/99, I was impressed when I saw playing Zamorano, Ronaldo, Djorkaeff, Baggio and anothers.
Since that days I was Inter fan and I'll be until last moment of my life :proud:

btw, sorry for my post off topic.

vitomins
10 Aug 09, 21:00
Good point rockball. I really agree with you, it's natural to start supporting a club because of some player. I see a lot of my friends start supporting teams because of one player, example he was fan of Man Utd and now he is fan of Real Madrid just because CR9 sign to them.

But if I'm talking for me I started to support Inter since 1998/99, I was impressed when I saw playing Zamorano, Ronaldo, Djorkaeff, Baggio and anothers.
Since that days I was Inter fan and I'll be until last moment of my life :proud:

btw, sorry for my post off topic.

Thank you for completely disregarding my post before adding your 2 cents...

I said if you begin following a team because of a player that may be natural...what is not natural and completely idiotic is the way your friends are hopping from team to team following that player. Those people should not claim to be fans of that team because they switch every few years...I have many favorite players from different teams but I do not claim to be a supporter of those teams just because they play there...

KsE
10 Aug 09, 21:15
Thank you for completely disregarding my post before adding your 2 cents...

I said if you begin following a team because of a player that may be natural...what is not natural and completely idiotic is the way your friends are hopping from team to team following that player. Those people should not claim to be fans of that team because they switch every few years...I have many favorite players from different teams but I do not claim to be a supporter of those teams just because they play there...

Well said.

In Denmark, some Michael Laudrup fans made a Getafe fan site when he was coaching there. With match reports and so on, where they used the word "we" when speaking about the team. When Laudrup then switched to Spartak Moscow, they changed the site to a Spartak Moscow fan site and suddenly expressed loyalty towards them... Laughable really...:)

Sorry, totally off topic. Just another example..

caelestis
10 Aug 09, 21:42

I guess the reason we watch football is different for all of us? I've never been a hardcore fan for anything, football included. Like I said in my post one of the reasons I follow Zlatan is because he is a local. Just like many people tend to cheer for their local team, I cheer for my local player. That doesn't make me or them stupid or adoring puppies. The irony is that the only football matches I've watched over the last years apart from Zlatans are Barcelonas matches because I've found their kind of football to be the most joyful. I guess I only have to watch half as many matches now. Since you asked, I guess that when Zlatan retires I will still watch the matches with the teams that play great football that I like watching, no matter what team that is. Must sound horrible to you :)

caelestis
10 Aug 09, 21:50
Incredible the number of Zlatanistas in the world.

Do you find all sportsfans that follow great athletes to be incredible in their numbers? Strange post, especially on a forum dedicated to a sport club. Isn't it kind of obvious that all great sportsmen and women will have many people following them?

Adam
10 Aug 09, 22:45
Adam you're nuts.

Funny, that's exactly what people said to me last year when Obama was behind 20 points in the polls and Hillary was a huge favourite.:D

Anyways, we'll see Han. ;)

minterke
11 Aug 09, 04:06
Do you find all sportsfans that follow great athletes to be incredible in their numbers? Strange post, especially on a forum dedicated to a sport club. Isn't it kind of obvious that all great sportsmen and women will have many people following them?

For example Christian Vieri is one of my favourite players of all time. When he left Inter I checked up on him once in a while to see how he was doing but besides that I couldn't care less. I'm an Interista. The idea of being a fan of a player to the point that you don't even have a favourite team just a favourite player is so gay and pathetic what are you 9 years old.

Don't even watch calcio.

caelestis
11 Aug 09, 11:12
For example Christian Vieri is one of my favourite players of all time. When he left Inter I checked up on him once in a while to see how he was doing but besides that I couldn't care less. I'm an Interista. The idea of being a fan of a player to the point that you don't even have a favourite team just a favourite player is so gay and pathetic what are you 9 years old.

Don't even watch calcio.

Since you don't seem able to comprehend my posts I find this to be a waste of time. The "are you 9 years old"-comment really made my day. Cheers.

vitomins
11 Aug 09, 12:32

I have absolutely no problem with people following their favorite players...I even check up on Ronaldo from time to time. The problem I have is when people bounce from team to team claiming they are supporters of that team because their favorite player plays there....only to become a new supporter a few years later. Maybe it is just because I bleed black and blue and the fact that I would not support another team even if tortured that makes me feel this way lol

If you have the same emotions I have towards my favorite team, then you should be able to see that it is impossible to switch teams at the drop of a hat. This does not discredit people who began following Inter because of Ronaldo or Ibra or whoever and have stuck with them...I have absolutely no problem with that. But if you suddenly become Barca or Corinthians fans then I can honestly say you were never a true Interista and you have never felt the way I have about this club.

Handoyo
11 Aug 09, 15:38
I personally find nothing wrong with the idea of supporting specific players regardless where they play at. The problem with it though, is that these supporters will more often than not be extremely biased and thus irritates the hell out of the club's supporters when they disagree.

For example, the Ronaldo case when most of his fans (Not Interisti) think that he was in the right when it was pretty obvious that he backstabbed Inter and twist the knife afterwards. (I'm just using this as an obvious example, please debate the matter in his own thread. :)) Or maybe, I don't know, when Figo moved to Real Madrid; maybe some of Figo's fans still find some unfathomable ways to defend the betrayal.

The 'irritation' caused by the biasedness & stubbornness is perhaps best exampled by when a Juventino comes to our forum denying that his club is involved in Calciopoli and blindly preach the fact that we won our 4 Scudetti due to the favors we got post-Calciopoli.

But other than that, if it's done properly, it doesn't matter if you support the player or the club. What matters most is to be rational and to stay loyal with the player.

caelestis
11 Aug 09, 17:02
Vitomins, Handoyo:

I agree with both of you and am happy that I got some nice responses. I can understand that it might be irritating if a "one player"-fan goes crazy and blames the team for the players shortcomings etc. Personally I've never claimed to be an Interista same as I never claimed to be an Ajax fan or a Juve fan. However, since I liked Inter best of the teams that Zlatan played in I will follow your results in the future as well which I haven't done with Ajax or Juve. I actually feel that Inter as a whole has benefitted from the trades this summer since you now have more high class players spread out over the field. Inter matches should be more fun to watch now for you real Interistas even though I hope at least some of you will miss Zlatans crazy maneuvers sometimes. ;)

Il Genio
12 Aug 09, 19:13
I personally find nothing wrong with the idea of supporting specific players regardless where they play at. The problem with it though, is that these supporters will more often than not be extremely biased and thus irritates the hell out of the club's supporters when they disagree.

For example, the Ronaldo case when most of his fans (Not Interisti) think that he was in the right when it was pretty obvious that he backstabbed Inter and twist the knife afterwards. (I'm just using this as an obvious example, please debate the matter in his own thread. :)) Or maybe, I don't know, when Figo moved to Real Madrid; maybe some of Figo's fans still find some unfathomable ways to defend the betrayal.

The 'irritation' caused by the biasedness & stubbornness is perhaps best exampled by when a Juventino comes to our forum denying that his club is involved in Calciopoli and blindly preach the fact that we won our 4 Scudetti due to the favors we got post-Calciopoli.

But other than that, if it's done properly, it doesn't matter if you support the player or the club. What matters most is to be rational and to stay loyal with the player.

I agree but there's another side of the coin aswell. To me, it's also a bit embarassing for me at least to resort to being UPSET with a player when I'm not a local (and even if I were, it would be kind of embarrasing). I mean, if you're from Poland, Crotia, Japan, USA or whatever and have picked the team for no other reason than them looking cool on Xbox or something then you really don't have the credentials to be all in flames over a player leaving or someone else being a plastic fan. Most of those guys have themselfes either gone for the "cool shirt", "love em on Xbox", "Matthaus rules" or "Ronaldo is awesome" and are in the ultras eyes as plastic as any other non-local. It's a very thin line of acceptance there that will never be achieved in the eyes of the ultras.

On the other hand there's a history and a pedigree to Inter as a international club with an intellectual fan base. Those people, locals or not, aren't the sort of peeps that'll use that kind of narrow-minded ideas of Inter and see it through a broader contex of the history of the club and what it stands for. So if you're (not you personally, but the general "you") seeking acceptance as an Interista, those guys are your best bet - not the hooligans chanting mantras of hate, cause they effing hate you too, you are not one of them. You are plastic and that's it.

So this is equally irritating to me, fans posing as "real" fans and attacking other fans that aren't as "real". Why even bother going after player fans when Inter is a international club and you yourself are a fake fan? It just seems a bit... self righteous? And it doesn't have to be, since we all like Inter in some ways (some longer than others, but what the hey) and shouldn't travel that path at all. It's not only a bad way to connecting to locals that love Inter, but it's also very un-Inter like when looking at what the club stands for and how it was created for fans like us (citizens of the world) and not specifically "the locals" or the "real" fans.

This topic would require a thread of it's own though, and maybe it's impossible to have a rational discussion about with the people directly affected by the "ultra-bug". I don't even think it's the team that's affecting them so much as it is a desire to be part of some form of community and a willingness to do what they think is required to be so. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" and all that. All that stuff is very difficult to get past in that sort of debate, and you're not debating the club or a player as much as you are debating the need of a persons willingness to belong.

If do you look at the Zlatan issue rationally he's acted like a professional (he's always been a prick) and we got he deal of the century when shipping him out, so the whole idea of anyone passionately arguing over it amongst plastics is just weird. Like... "dude, I played with my Inter on Xbox long before any of you non-Zlatan haters cause we got that shit to the states long before any of you europeans". It's so bizarre in some cases you can't help but to wonder if any of those making these ridiculous claims are Milanistas in disguise fucking with the plastic fans of the Forza Inter-forums just to stir shit up and make the forum look silly and shallow. :joker::thumbsdo:

Il Genio
12 Aug 09, 19:17
Vitomins, Handoyo:

I agree with both of you and am happy that I got some nice responses. I can understand that it might be irritating if a "one player"-fan goes crazy and blames the team for the players shortcomings etc. Personally I've never claimed to be an Interista same as I never claimed to be an Ajax fan or a Juve fan. However, since I liked Inter best of the teams that Zlatan played in I will follow your results in the future as well which I haven't done with Ajax or Juve. I actually feel that Inter as a whole has benefitted from the trades this summer since you now have more high class players spread out over the field. Inter matches should be more fun to watch now for you real Interistas even though I hope at least some of you will miss Zlatans crazy maneuvers sometimes. ;)

Go for it dude.

vitomins
12 Aug 09, 19:32
I agree but there's another side of the coin aswell. To me, it's also a bit embarassing for me at least to resort to being UPSET with a player when I'm not a local (and even if I were, it would be kind of embarrasing). I mean, if you're from Poland, Crotia, Japan, USA or whatever and have picked the team for no other reason than them looking cool on Xbox or something then you really don't have the credentials to be all in flames over a player leaving or someone else being a plastic fan. Most of those guys have themselfes either gone for the "cool shirt", "love em on Xbox", "Matthaus rules" or "Ronaldo is awesome" and are in the ultras eyes as plastic as any other non-local. It's a very thin line of acceptance there that will never be achieved in the eyes of the ultras.

On the other hand there's a history and a pedigree to Inter as a international club with an intellectual fan base. Those people, locals or not, aren't the sort of peeps that'll use that kind of narrow-minded ideas of Inter and see it through a broader contex of the history of the club and what it stands for. So if you're (not you personally, but the general "you") seeking acceptance as an Interista, those guys are your best bet - not the hooligans chanting mantras of hate, cause they effing hate you too, you are not one of them. You are plastic and that's it.

So this is equally irritating to me, fans posing as "real" fans and attacking other fans that aren't as "real". Why even bother going after player fans when Inter is a international club and you yourself are a fake fan? It just seems a bit... self righteous? And it doesn't have to be, since we all like Inter in some ways (some longer than others, but what the hey) and shouldn't travel that path at all. It's not only a bad way to connecting to locals that love Inter, but it's also very un-Inter like when looking at what the club stands for and how it was created for fans like us (citizens of the world) and not specifically "the locals" or the "real" fans.

This topic would require a thread of it's own though, and maybe it's impossible to have a rational discussion about with the people directly affected by the "ultra-bug". I don't even think it's the team that's affecting them so much as it is a desire to be part of some form of community and a willingness to do what they think is required to be so. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" and all that. All that stuff is very difficult to get past in that sort of debate, and you're not debating the club or a player as much as you are debating the need of a persons willingness to belong.

If do you look at the Zlatan issue rationally he's acted like a professional (he's always been a prick) and we got he deal of the century when shipping him out, so the whole idea of anyone passionately arguing over it amongst plastics is just weird. Like... "dude, I played with my Inter on Xbox long before any of you non-Zlatan haters cause we got that shit to the states long before any of you europeans". It's so bizarre in some cases you can't help but to wonder if any of those making these ridiculous claims are Milanistas in disguise fucking with the plastic fans of the Forza Inter-forums just to stir shit up and make the forum look silly and shallow. :joker::thumbsdo:

Not all people living in other countries have a family history in that country....Just because I live in the United States does not mean I chose Inter because of their colors or the way they are on FIFA or PES. My entire family came from Italy and my father was a huge Interista as a child...I was following Inter on illegal satellite long before american sports broadcasting or gaming even knew what Inter was.

I think you are missing my point a bit...I am against player fans that hop from team to team claiming to support that team when they are just waiting to support the next team that player joins...if you became an Interista because of a player and remain one after the player leaves, then I have absolutely no objection...

Except if you came form being a Juventino or Milanista...yuck just the thought of switching to those teams makes me want to jump off a bridge!

Adam
12 Aug 09, 23:45
Ibra speaks on his decision for leaving Inter and some other Barca related things. I love it how he makes it sound like he could of stayed at Inter, and won the Serie A every year by default. :D

aLCEAQz9l-4

blackmore
13 Aug 09, 02:34
he said he won everythng he could with inter which to me says he knew inter didnt and wouldnt have the quality to win the c.l.....c'mon inter lets sign a quality am this year so we can show him what we're capable of....it would be a dream to meet barcelona in the finals and beat them...all we need is a player or two....:)

tritolone
13 Aug 09, 09:34
Fuck, today I saw a kid wearing Ibrahimovic new (Barcelona) jersey and almost cried:D

Il Genio
13 Aug 09, 10:56
Not all people living in other countries have a family history in that country....Just because I live in the United States does not mean I chose Inter because of their colors or the way they are on FIFA or PES. My entire family came from Italy and my father was a huge Interista as a child...I was following Inter on illegal satellite long before american sports broadcasting or gaming even knew what Inter was.

I think you are missing my point a bit...I am against player fans that hop from team to team claiming to support that team when they are just waiting to support the next team that player joins...if you became an Interista because of a player and remain one after the player leaves, then I have absolutely no objection...

Except if you came form being a Juventino or Milanista...yuck just the thought of switching to those teams makes me want to jump off a bridge!

Just to give you an idea of what it means to be real passionate about a team (and I'm not talking lovingly passionate, but hatefully passionate), let me list the credentials that very few on this forum lives up to and are not doing:

1) You are not spending a fortune on season tickets (imagine paying to watch Ibrahimovic just to see him transfer. Rah).

2) You are not sitting in a bus for three hours and standing in the rain for another two only to have your team not bother to show up, with you being forced to travel back another three hours fuming with rage and disappointment (now that shit is real).

3) You are not going to work or the shop the day after a derby with a bunch of Milanistas gloating in your face (I doubt the american crew of real interistas are having heated debates about soccer at work with a pissy co-worker, sorry, but I doubt it).

4) You are not travelling to 10-15 away games each season and investing as much time in it as the team itself (many of you crack open a bag of chips and watch the game on tele followed by a quick log on, maybe even travel down for a few matches each year, but let's not kid ourselfes; it-is-not-the-same).

If you are not doing any of these things you can not truly know what it feels to be very concerned about very real things going on in your very real day to day life. You can pretend that you do, but it would be as fake as me pretending I'm all up in flames over Brittney Spears being slandered in the media.

You have basically let yourself become this:

kHmvkRoEowc

And oh my...it is not pretty... :yuck::smileani::D

vitomins
13 Aug 09, 12:51
Just to give you an idea of what it means to be real passionate about a team (and I'm not talking lovingly passionate, but hatefully passionate), let me list the credentials that very few on this forum lives up to and are not doing:

1) You are not spending a fortune on season tickets (imagine paying to watch Ibrahimovic just to see him transfer. Rah).

2) You are not sitting in a bus for three hours and standing in the rain for another two only to have your team not bother to show up, with you being forced to travel back another three hours fuming with rage and disappointment (now that shit is real).

3) You are not going to work or the shop the day after a derby with a bunch of Milanistas gloating in your face (I doubt the american crew of real interistas are having heated debates about soccer at work with a pissy co-worker, sorry, but I doubt it).

4) You are not travelling to 10-15 away games each season and investing as much time in it as the team itself (many of you crack open a bag of chips and watch the game on tele followed by a quick log on, maybe even travel down for a few matches each year, but let's not kid ourselfes; it-is-not-the-same).

If you are not doing any of these things you can not truly know what it feels to be very concerned about very real things going on in your very real day to day life. You can pretend that you do, but it would be as fake as me pretending I'm all up in flames over Brittney Spears being slandered in the media.

kHmvkRoEowc

Ok so you are basically stating that you must live in Italy in order to be passionate about Inter?? That is just ridiculous man. If I lived in Italy than all of those supposed "credentials" would be met. To say I am not passionate about this club because I do not meet those credentials is a crock of shit...so please stop trying to prove you are a bigger fan than everyone because you live in Italy...

coprefrigerasi
13 Aug 09, 13:07
Fuck, today I saw a kid wearing Ibrahimovic new (Barcelona) jersey and almost cried:D
ibra has contribute 3 scudetto for inter. so keep proud to ibra.

Adam
13 Aug 09, 13:10
Ok so you are basically stating that you must live in Italy in order to be passionate about Inter?? That is just ridiculous man. If I lived in Italy than all of those supposed "credentials" would be met. To say I am not passionate about this club because I do not meet those credentials is a crock of shit...so please stop trying to prove you are a bigger fan than everyone because you live in Italy...

That's so godamn hypocritical Vitomins. This is coming from the same guy who thinks of himself as a bigger fan than those who started supporting the club because their favourite player joined it. It's hilarious really, someone that's lived in the U.S for most of his life is trying to educate Europeans on football culture.:rolleyes:

As for who's a fan and who's not. The only fans I take a bow to is the ones Il Genio described, because they earned it. Everybody else's opinion on this matter I consider irrelevant. Like I'm gonna put any significance on the topic of fanhood from the words of some guy sitting behind his computer screen is America, Bahrian or Sweden for that matter. Yeah, that will happen.

vitomins
13 Aug 09, 13:19
That's so godamn hypocritical Vitomins. This is coming from the same guy who thinks of himself as a bigger fan than those who started supporting the club because their favourite player joined it. It's hilarious really, someone that's lived in the U.S for most of his life is trying to educate Europeans on football culture.:rolleyes:

As for who's a fan and who's not. The only fans I take a bow to is the ones Il Genio described, because they earned it. Everybody else's opinion on this matter I consider irrelevant. Like I'm gonna put any significance on fanhood from the words of some guy sitting behind his computer screen is America, Bahrian or Sweden for that matter. Yeah, that will happen.

Adam, please stop twisting my words to attempt to prove a point. I have said on numerous occasions that I have no problem with people who begin following 1 team because of a player. The "fans" that jump from team to team are the ones that I do not consider true fans.

Your words have no credibility to me because you have been a fan of at least 3 different teams in your lifetime. As for me, I have supported, watched, and followed Inter since I first began to watch the game of football at age 5. If you knew the amount of times I wished I was born in Italy just so that I could buy season tickets every year and attend every training session then maybe you would understand.

Adam
13 Aug 09, 13:45
Adam, please stop twisting my words to attempt to prove a point. I have said on numerous occasions that I have no problem with people who begin following 1 team because of a player. The "fans" that jump from team to team are the ones that I do not consider true fans.

Your words have no credibility to me because you have been a fan of at least 3 different teams in your lifetime. As for me, I have supported, watched, and followed Inter since I first began to watch the game of football at age 5. If you knew the amount of times I wished I was born in Italy just so that I could buy season tickets every year and attend every training session then maybe you would understand.

Ahh, there's nothing worse than a hypocrite. :yuck: I'm not even gonna bother with you. You're not better than anyone else here. You just, amusingly so, think you are. In fact you're worse. Most of the members here understand that we're all from different nations, and different walks of life, but we unify in our fanhood of Inter. You think you deserve more respect because your daddy supported the club way back when. Fvck off with that bullshit.

And in regards to how many teams I've been fan of, you're actually right. It is three. MFF, Inter and the Harlem Globetrotters. If I was a fan of every football forum I visit then I would "support" half of the top clubs on the planet.

vitomins
13 Aug 09, 14:11
Ahh, there's nothing worse than a hypocrite. :yuck: I'm not even gonna bother with you. You're not better than anyone else here. You just, amusingly so, think you are. In fact you're worse. Most of the members here understand that we're all from different nations, and different walks of life, but we unify in our fanhood of Inter. You think you deserve more respect because your daddy supported the club way back when. Fvck off with that bullshit.

And in regards to how many teams I've been fan of, you're actually right. It is three. MFF, Inter and the Harlem Globetrotters. If I was a fan of every football forum I visit then I would "support" half of the top clubs on the planet.

you are pathetic...I sent a PM if you want to continue this...I'm not going to derail another thread...

blackmore
13 Aug 09, 14:28

kHmvkRoEowc

i think u have just killed of 90% of the fans here......globalisation and marketing is a big part of sport nowadays...and for you to give examples like that with a club expecially like inter is irrelevant...based upon how the club came about and what its beliefs are...

Handoyo
13 Aug 09, 15:15
Good, take it to the PMs, Adam & vito. :)

By the way, let's carry on the discussion about the Italian Interista >>> International Interista in this thread (http://www.forzainterforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3072). :)

Il Genio
13 Aug 09, 16:07
i think u have just killed of 90% of the fans here......globalisation and marketing is a big part of sport nowadays...and for you to give examples like that with a club expecially like inter is irrelevant...based upon how the club came about and what its beliefs are...

I'm not Italian so I'm not excluding myself dude, I'm just pointing out the hypocracy of pointing fingers and acting like you're as enraged as a local who's dragged his ass through the mud to support Inter.

Unless you meet those credentials you have no right to point fingers at other Interisti fueled by some crazy self-righeous fake hate. The ultras get angry for a reason. When a player lets them down it's more than the club itself, it's time, effort, prestige and money gone to waste. You (and I) are kind of like watching a movie of a love affair whereas they're the one's being the actual characters having to clean up the mess of a bad relationship. It's right there, in their lifes.

Now, if you really wanna emulate what it means to have real anger and frustration connected to the club then I suggest you play on Inter to win for €25 every game, watch the game at your local bar, travel to other towns at away games (the same distance the team does) and have a couple of irritating friend (or beter yet, enemies) come over and rub it in your face every time you lose. Give it six months and you'll be ready to destroy someone effing with your team. That is the closest you are gonna get to having the same frustration as the ultras without actually being one. It's not pretty and it's not the ideal of football and Inter like you say, but it's real and it's understandable. It's a real sense of depravation, depression, bitterness and angst.

I do not hesitate that you're able to be lovingly passionate the same as the locals though; it's only the bitter, envious, hateful, me'n'them-stuff you have to fake. The love for the team I think is pretty much the same regardless of where you come from, and especially if your first experience of the team came as a kid.

Good, take it to the PMs, Adam & vito. :)

By the way, let's carry on the discussion about the Italian Interista >>> International Interista in this thread (http://www.forzainterforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3072). :)

Do you think you can merge the related posts of this thread to make it easier to continue the debate? :)

J zanetti
13 Aug 09, 18:38
Ibra speaks on his decision for leaving Inter and some other Barca related things. I love it how he makes it sound like he could of stayed at Inter, and won the Serie A every year by default. :D

One of the many things I will miss with him is obviously his arrogance. Anyway thanks for the clip.

A.l.i
13 Aug 09, 19:53
Gone is Ibra. Nice discussion here on a true club supporter or a cock 1. I don't give a fuck about him now. He is gone, I care more about what our current players minus the deadwood are doing. I'm not youtubing Zlatan Ibrahimovic and then masturbating.

I only care for Inter thats it.

Luka
14 Aug 09, 07:45
Gone is Ibra. Nice discussion here on a true club supporter or a cock 1. I don't give a fuck about him now. He is gone, I care more about what our current players minus the deadwood are doing.
This is a little funny, as I felt totaly different when zlatan was still our player, but he was almost gone. Right now, I'm very close to how you portrated, I just don't care anymore. Maybe the last actions have a lot to do with it, but anyways I'm not so anxious to see whether Zlatan will succed there or not. Sure I'm anxious to see how it works, but that's pretty much it.

I will probably watch a few games at the beginning of a season, the bigger games and also CL games, but that will be pretty much it.

If we'll buy Sneijder and Cassano (fingers crossed) I could pretty much loose any interest in Zlatan all together. This team will be just too different, many players new to the team, some youngsters, can't be more exciting than this.

Handoyo
14 Aug 09, 08:29
I share your sentiments, Luka & Ali. I think it's unquestionnable that Zlatan's contribution for Inter is a legend but that chapter is now tightly closed in my book. I'm not gonna shed anymore tears or mournfully reminisce the great times we had with Zlatan leading our attack and you're right, a lot of it definitely has to do with the kissing the badge circus that he did right after he left.

Suneet
14 Aug 09, 08:40
Word!.

People should learn how to get over something.

caelestis
15 Aug 09, 01:22
This will be a season to remember in sooo many ways hopefully.

dark-marc
15 Aug 09, 04:15
well ... he is a mercenary :D
thanks for his effort in three years
but now he's only a player that WAS in Inter before :)
he will regret it for leaving Inter at this time :D

anyway, we already have another new "Zlatan" in Arnautovic :)

hallak
15 Aug 09, 13:04
well ... he is a mercenary :D
thanks for his effort in three years
but now he's only a player that WAS in Inter before :)
he will regret it for leaving Inter at this time :D

anyway, we already have another new "Zlatan" in Arnautovic :)

i think our "new" zlatan would be destro "such an awesome name BTW" which i hope we keep him

blackmore
16 Aug 09, 09:31
new zlatan..no thanks id rather he just be himself...dont think i could take another whinging premadonna in the team...

Handoyo
16 Aug 09, 18:18
Just wanna say that to all the people criticizing him for only doing well against the likes of Parma or Siena or whatever 'small' teams you think they are...

Many people think & remember that we lost the Scudetto at the Olimpico against Lazio but for me, the most costly defeat was undoubtedly the 1-2 defeat against Atalanta in the last sprint of the race.

So before you utter the words that Ibra is a big game choker, please remember that all freaking points count in the league, be it 3 points against Siena, Lecce or Ascoli. Call him a CL choker, but never call him a big game choker.

(Wanted to close the Ibra chapter permanently but this just crossed my mind so...:))

Adam
16 Aug 09, 18:46
I always felt it was inevitable Ibra would leave us. He could never let go of the titles he "won" with Juve. Playing for Inter that was a situation that was always gonna be a problem.

Anyways, people calling Ibra a mercenary or a traitor doesn't annoy me. But it's frustrating to read things about him like he what he did for us these past 3 years was nothing special. These days everybody are so convinced we'll win another scudetto, with good reason, but three years ago even with the points penalties and all, more or less every single member on this forum were scared shitless we were gonna screw up a title that we had basicly "won" before the season even started. Remember that when you call him a choker.

Now that we got the extra cash for Hleb Ibra went as the second highest transfer of all time. Keep in mind this is a player we bought from Juventus. In terms of transfers between the to clubs they can't hold anything over our heads anymore, because they commited one of the biggest transfer fuckups in Italian football of all time. Instead of being bitter you should take pride in that fact, and that it was at Inter Ibra developed into a true superstar of the game.

Luka
16 Aug 09, 18:50
Han, easy man... :)

No matter how many arguments anyone could use, there is too many contrarguments(for example not enough support). But I think we can all agree, that right now at Barca, we will know for sure, if Ibra is big game chocker in fact, or it was only Inters inability to help him.

n4l
16 Aug 09, 22:15
inabilty to help him??
get off it....please

how come the same team that is "unable to help him" didn't matter when he scored 25 in the league?

so he can score 25 "with no help" but can't score shit in the CL??

2 years of CL with a strong ass Juve team
3 years of CL with a strong ass Inter team

of those 5 years, how many times did zlatan deliver the goods in crunch time?
are you going to blame the squads for 5 FREAKIN' YEARS OF POOR PERFORMANCE?

if he succeeds at barca, all that shows me is that this barca team is a remarkable team....has nothing to do with ibra....shit, players like sonny anderson and kluivert scored goals in barca and it didn't mean squat about how good they are....

people here need to understand that in a TEAM, players have roles and players have to do their jobs...
if not, the TEAM loses...

in 08, ronaldo's role at manchester was to create and score.....
he did so and did so without others needing to create 4-5 chances for him...

in 09, his role was still the same....
however, he did not deliver so they lost...simple as

like or not, zlatan gets paid to create and score...
he does it in the league but he didn't do it in the CL

no excuses...

Hasan
16 Aug 09, 22:46
Every Inter fun must be grateful to him.

Adam
16 Aug 09, 22:56
inabilty to help him??
get off it....please

how come the same team that is "unable to help him" didn't matter when he scored 25 in the league?

Because he's that Godly of a footballer. Are you gonna deny that a vast majority of his goals came due to his own individual brilliance?

No I blame him for missing his chances, and I blame the team for missing the chances he created, and for their inability to create unless he was behind it. You act as if Ibra was the fault for us playing badly.:lol: I haven't been at one single rival forum where someone has hold the opinion: Wow, Inter played great, but Ibra was shit!.

Look at the matches: Against Valencia he was behind the two goals we scored. In the second leg he was shit, as was the team, but he created the better chances. Against Liverpool, shit in the first leg due to circumstance, in the second leg he created more or less everything we had. Same thing against Manchester. People give him shit for missing his chance just outisde the box and the header that hit the bar, but forget that Cambiasso, Adriano and Stankovic had much better and easier chances in those legs, created by Ibra.

people here need to understand that in a TEAM, players have roles and players have to do their jobs...

Exactly. And at Inter he's been doing the target man's job, the goalscorer, and the playmaker. Once against PSV even as the defensive midfielder.

Anyways, he's at fault, as is the team for not being good enough but if you think Inter had a strong ass team in those years, able to compete with Europe's best, you're delusional.

bennyblanco
16 Aug 09, 23:30
Ibra is the man...comparing him to everyone under the Sun is soooo American:lol:.im i watched sportscenter where they were disussing Ibra and Ronaldo...so random...comparing what Ibra does in his sparetime and what Ronaldo does... who gives a crap?

bennyblanco
17 Aug 09, 00:24
inabilty to help him??
get off it....please

so he can score 25 "with no help" but can't score shit in the CL??

2 years of CL with a strong ass Juve team
3 years of CL with a strong ass Inter team

if he succeeds at barca, all that shows me is that this barca team is a remarkable team....has nothing to do with ibra....shit, players like sonny anderson and kluivert scored goals in barca and it didn't mean squat about how good they are....

in 08, ronaldo's role at manchester was to create and score.....
he did so and did so without others needing to create 4-5 chances for him...

in 09, his role was still the same....
however, he did not deliver so they lost...simple as

like or not, zlatan gets paid to create and score...
he does it in the league but he didn't do it in the CL

no excuses...

lol i knew i remembered you....you are the former Adri fanboy :D and local Ibra hater of yesteryear?

and now that Ibras gone you making a comeback ...nice

n4l
17 Aug 09, 00:59
where in my statement did i say ibra is NOT a "great" player?
he is a great player

but
fact is fact...

in 5 years, he's been extremely successful in serie A
in 5 years, he's been extremely subpar in CL

since the "help" does not exist in both cases, why does he only perform in serie A and not in CL?

fact is, the non-existence of "help" cannot be his excuse for his failures in CL, since it has not hampered his performance in serie A, even against the big teams....

i have no problem with the man and his talent...
my problem is that he is a kop out and puts his team under the bus....
he is never to blame for anything...
no class whatsoever

after the CL final, even ronaldo and rooney acknowledged that:
(a) barca were better than them that day
(b) THEY DID NOT PRODUCE/PERFORM

blackmore
17 Aug 09, 02:10
buti have no problem with the man and his talent...
my problem is that he is a kop out and puts his team under the bus....
he is never to blame for anything...
no class whatsoever

after the CL final, even ronaldo and rooney acknowledged that:
(a) barca were better than them that day
(b) THEY DID NOT PRODUCE/PERFORM

i myself have this same problem with him...i would hold him in very high-esteem if not for this fact..none the less he was a great player for us...lets see how he does at barca..

Luka
17 Aug 09, 05:35
inabilty to help him??
get off it....please

I'm not on either side!!! I have my opinion but it is pointless here to talk about it now.

I just pointed out it will be very interesting to see how he will do this year, because there will be no arguments, if it will happen again.

n4l
17 Aug 09, 06:49
I just pointed out it will be very interesting to see how he will do this year, because there will be no arguments, if it will happen again.

well imo, what he does in barca is irrelevant...

if he doesn't score a ton, i'd honestly say that guardiola unbalanced a perfectly working system and it's not really on ibra

if he does score a ton, all i'd say is saviola, kluivert, and sonny anderson have all gone there and scored goals

fact is he was extremely successful here in the league but not in the CL...
you can attribute that to whatever you like...

and to adam, two things

(1) so what were we paying ibra 12mil for?? he was the highest paid player in the world...why?
to perform in the league and not the CL? to blame HIS inability to create and convert in the CL on the team??

(2) you are saying that Inter did not have a strong team??
are you smoking??

where do you (and others) get this idea that the CL is this prestigious thing that only the "bestest squads" can compete, and that without "x" player or "y" player, we cannot compete??

the competition is mostly about confidence, mentality, discipline, and luck more than anything......
and we've lacked all those components...

ffs, porto won with an extremely subpar squad.....
monaco made finals the same season with another non-exceptional squad
so did liverpool (traore, milan baros, smicer, kewell?? come on now)
psv, valencia, porto all making quarterfinals e.t.c
those squads were certainly not better than ours

Luka
17 Aug 09, 07:05
well imo, what he does in barca is irrelevant...

if he doesn't score a ton, i'd honestly say that guardiola unbalanced a perfectly working system and it's not really on ibra

if he does score a ton, all i'd say is saviola, kluivert, and sonny anderson have all gone there and scored goals

Seems Ibra can't really loose or win can he ? :lol:

I don't care if he will score 100 goals, or 0 goals. Or I care is to see him playing versus Real Madrid, Man Utd, Chelsea etc, and see how he will do against those teams in Barca shirt. I don't see what's wrong with this. It is perfectly logical, and it answers many discussions that stated that Ibra couldn't cope at Inter in CL, because the team couldn't support him. Now he has a team who won prior to Ibra coming, where the striker wasn't a focal point of their strategy. It's not like changing Gerrard at Liverpool with Aquilani, or Lampard with someone else. Those are focal points, at Barca focal points are Xavi and Iniesta, followed up by Messi.

n4l
17 Aug 09, 07:10
so if he scores, what questions will it answer for you??

if he's not the focal point at Barca and scores in the big games in the CL, will that mean:

(1) it was Inter/Juve fault or
(2) that he cannot take the pressure of being the focal point?

i am just trying to understand your perspective

bennyblanco
17 Aug 09, 08:23
where in my statement did i say ibra is NOT a "great" player?
he is a great player

i stand corrected...you werent just the Ibra hater...you pretty much hated anyone in our team that was starting infront of Adriano :lol:

man i have to stop with the smileys,i feel like Azzkicker...sort of like a Montgomery Burns type of laugh...yhhesss

Adam
17 Aug 09, 10:00
and to adam, two things

(1) so what were we paying ibra 12mil for?? he was the highest paid player in the world...why?
to perform in the league and not the CL? to blame HIS inability to create and convert in the CL on the team??

What inability to create? He created lots. Convert yes. Some of it is pressure i'm sure, other is just extreme bad luck. We were paying Ibra 12 mil because he carried this team on his shoulders. Top scorer + top assister for Inter in 07/08 and 08/09. Nuff said.

(2) you are saying that Inter did not have a strong team??
are you smoking??

I'm saying compared to Europe's big dawgs we were avarage.

That for one thing he's broken an incredibly unlucky patch, that was inevitable to be broken regardless of where he played. Second, if he scores a lot it will show what he's capable of in an offensive minded team with world class players around him. Nobody does it alone, if Iniesta wouldn't of scored in the semifinal you'd have ten thousands of Englishmen saying Messi is a choker that can't handle English sides. Instead he got another chance to prove himself in the final and he took it.

Nyall
17 Aug 09, 11:46
We may have been average but we were certainly better than Milan in 2006/2007 yet they still won the UCL. Why is that?

I think it's all a matter of your superstar showing up in big games. Kaka did many times. Ibra choked.

Forza ragazzi
17 Aug 09, 12:51
Although Ibra was fantastic, it's a bit strange, Adam, to say his five years without a goal in CL knockout rounds is just an unlucky patch of "form". Fact is that he hasn't scored in one of these games, and you can't really blame anyone else for it. If you credit him for scoring 25 goals in the league, you must credit him for the zero scored in CL too. Anything else would be picking facts and ignoring others just to logically maintain your opinion.

n4l
17 Aug 09, 13:00
We may have been average but we were certainly better than Milan in 2006/2007 yet they still won the UCL. Why is that?

I think it's all a matter of your superstar showing up in big games. Kaka did many times. Ibra choked.

Although Ibra was fantastic, it's a bit strange, Adam, to say his five years without a goal in CL knockout rounds is just an unlucky patch of "form". Fact is that he hasn't scored in one of these games, and you can't really blame anyone else for it. If you credit him for scoring 25 goals in the league, you must credit him for the zero scored in CL too. Anything else would be picking facts and ignoring others just to logically maintain your opinion.

this is what i am trying to explain, but to some folks, ibra is untouchable and cannot be criticized because he was magic in the league...

kaka has been magic for milan in ALL COMPETITIONS...not just the league..
i don't hear him complaining about teammates when/if he doesn't perform

more importantly though, milan had the confidence, self belief, and mentality to play in the CL...
i remember in that semi-final, manU were CLEAR FAVORITES but they came out and stomped manU....never looked as though they were scared or anything..

Inter on the other hand does not have that mentality...
as a matter of fact, before mancini became head coach, we did not have it in the league either....
why??
external pressure....
we didn't win the league since 88/89 and the pressure is just there because we always have competitive squads that were "capable" of doing it but didn't

why do you guys really think that we had that ridiculous unbeaten streak or why we just happen to eek out victories when we are not playing at our best?

it is because mancini made the team believe that in the league, nobody could touch us...that confidence is just there when Inter step onto the field in serie A..

contrast that with CL, where we look scared and uncertain
why? pressure again...
haven't won the CL in ages and the media lets us know it every season..

that is what Jose is trying to change with us (he even said it in the interview post manU)
our mentality on the euro stage....

it's like liverpool in the EPL....
they haven't won in forever and the media let's them know it....
they have the squad capable of doing it, just their mentality is not as iron clad as it is in the CL...

bennyblanco
17 Aug 09, 13:16
four dollars worth of mixed lollies please mam:lol: .. we are starting to go way off topic ...lets just stay on Ibra here

Adam
17 Aug 09, 13:41

Kaka, Inzaghi, Seedorf, Gilardino, Pirlo and a few more scored goals, or assisted and Milan played well in most of the matches. They completely outplayed United at the Meazza for instance. We on the other hand were dominated at the Meazza, and none of our players except for Cambiasso and Maicon scored goals in the knockoutstages, and those two goals btw Ibra was behind.

Although Ibra was fantastic, it's a bit strange, Adam, to say his five years without a goal in CL knockout rounds is just an unlucky patch of "form".

I don't think it's strange at all. I call it logic. And I said an incredibly unlucky patch of bad luck, not "form". What would you call it then?

Fact is that he hasn't scored in one of these games, and you can't really blame anyone else for it. If you credit him for scoring 25 goals in the league, you must credit him for the zero scored in CL too. Anything else would be picking facts and ignoring others just to logically maintain your opinion.

Like I already did. Didn't I say he was at fault for missing his chances? Point here is that Ibra even though he wasn't as good as in the league he was still one of our better players, certainly against Liverpool and United in the second legs, therefore I tend not to blame the players that actually do well for our defeats. I tend to blame the players who take too long letting off a shot, or that can't make simple passes without loosing the ball.

Anyways, whatever really. I think anyone who blames Ibra for our defeats in the CL are retards of the highest level. And with that I bow out from the discussion.

n4l
17 Aug 09, 13:46
I think anyone who blames Ibra for our defeats in the CL are retards of the highest level.

ahhh....

the only one doing the "blaming" was ibra.
true or not true??

while the rest of team lamented the loss, owned up to not performing, not capitalizing on the chances, crediting the other team e.t.c., only one dude was in a corner throwing tantrums about the team as if he performed and the rest didn't...

:thumbsdo:

Adam
17 Aug 09, 13:56
ahhh....

the only one doing the "blaming" was ibra.
true or not true??

while the rest of team lamented the loss, owned up to not performing, not capitalizing on the chances, crediting the other team e.t.c., only one dude was in a corner throwing tantrums about the team as if he performed and the rest didn't...

:thumbsdo:

Not true. Where do you get this nonsense from? Ibra hasn't blamed the team once. The one time he might of blamed someone was when he said "ask Materazzi" but that was to ask him why he got sent off. Other than that I'm afriad this is all a figment of your vivid imagination.

And for arguments sake let's say he did blame the team. He's got a fucking point. It's ridiculous to expect everything from one, or two players and nothing but hard work and running from the rest. The fact that we're going to have to switch our entire style of play up, and get an attacking midfielder + Eto'o just to replace him should tell you something abiout our workload distribution in these years.

n4l
17 Aug 09, 14:28
Not true. Where do you get this nonsense from? Ibra hasn't blamed the team once. The one time he might of blamed someone was when he said "ask Materazzi" but that was to ask him why he got sent off. Other than that I'm afriad this is all a figment of your vivid imagination.

And for arguments sake let's say he did blame the team. He's got a fucking point. It's ridiculous to expect everything from one, or two players and nothing but hard work and running from the rest. The fact that we're going to have to switch our entire style of play up, and get an attacking midfielder + Eto'o just to replace him should tell you something abiout our workload distribution in these years.

zlatan was paid 12mil, most in the world
next in line at Inter got how much? 5 or so mil??
that's more than double...

if you want equal distribution of work, you gotta take equal pay...

if you are paid leaps and bounds above everybody else, then guess what?
you are expected to perform leaps and bounds above everybody else...

in some instances, i have sympathy for the team (like the matrix and/or burdisso incidents against liverpool)

but the recent game against manU??
vieira let down
defense had a lapse in concentration
zlatan did not deliver

do you realize that in that game, the world player of year had one 1/2 chance and scored?

do you realize zlatan had a clear header on goal and scuffed it?
do you realize that zlatan got a brilliant through ball from balotelli and scuffed his shot wide?
that's two GREAT, CLEAR CHANCES....

listen, we were playing against the then best team in europe and best team in the world....
do you expect to create 6-7 clear chances?
gimme a break

sorry, but football at the highest level means capitalizing on the few chances created...

we've seen barca beat chelsea without creating much...
we've seen liverpool v chelsea decided by almost no chances and one goal scored in the first 5 minutes in the first leg
even in the final when manU did not perform, how many chances did "star studded offensive" barca create?

eto'o created his own goal out of nothing....NOTHING...all eto'o
henry had a good chance
messi scored
xavi hit a free kick on the post

ohhhhh....that's a lot chances created
:nono:

stop making excuses for the man...

Adam
17 Aug 09, 14:36
zlatan was paid 12mil, most in the world
next in line at Inter got how much? 5 or so mil??
that's more than double...

if you want equal distribution of work, you gotta take equal pay...

if you are paid leaps and bounds above everybody else, then guess what?
you are expected to perform leaps and bounds above everybody else...

He scored or assisted 50% of our goals last season. So if our salary budget is 120 million maybe we should of payed him 50 instead of 12.

do you realize that in that game, the world player of year had one 1/2 chance and scored?

Do you realize that over the two legs Ronaldo had 5 chances to score and only scored the last one, missing the other 4? Ibra had two chances to score over the two legs. And halfchance, what halfchance? It was a free header with no players blocking his view like in Ibra's case.

Anyways, whatever. Useless discussion.

Forza ragazzi
17 Aug 09, 14:38
I don't think it's strange at all. I call it logic. And I said an incredibly unlucky patch of bad luck, not "form". What would you call it then?

Ok, but anyway Ibra was a part of the team that failed. He is not going free just because he scores in Serie A. At some point, luck/form turns into quality. There is a saying: form is temporary, class is permanent. For me, five years of zero goals cannot be form or bad luck.

Like I already did. Didn't I say he was at fault for missing his chances? Point here is that Ibra even though he wasn't as good as in the league he was still one of our better players, certainly against Liverpool and United in the second legs, therefore I tend not to blame the players that actually do well for our defeats. I tend to blame the players who take too long letting off a shot, or that can't make simple passes without loosing the ball.

You win as a team and lose as a team. And if you win with Ibra as your team, you lose with Ibra as your team. I wouldn't say anything is more to blame than others. A team is one unit.

Anyways, whatever really. I think anyone who blames Ibra for our defeats in the CL are retards of the highest level. And with that I bow out from the discussion.

Totally agree, but Ibra is as much to blame for it as anyone else.

vitomins
17 Aug 09, 14:41
Do you realize that over the two legs Ronaldo had 5 chances to score and only scored the last one, missing the other 4?

Anyways, whatever. Useless discussion.

If you want to call JC pulling off incredible saves, "Ronaldo misses" then I guess you are right...but I think it was more JC playing well than Ronaldo playing poor...

Adam
17 Aug 09, 14:50
Totally agree, but Ibra is as much to blame for it as anyone else.

I disagree, for reasons I already explained. I tend to look past what the players who played well do bad, and instead criticize the players who didn't play well at all, even if they score a tap in.

Take the Supercoppa as an example. Eto'o created more or less everything we had, due to his passing and combinations. He anticipated a pass stole it, and missed a great chance to score, kind of like Ibra did vs Liverpool. Keep in mind he got that chance due to his own effort. Eto'o also ran offside and denied Milito a goal because of it.

So he had two errors, that if he hadn't done could of swung the match in our favor. Did you see me blame him for the loss? No, because what he contributed was that much more valuable and frankky I doubt we would of done anything without him.

If Eto'o would of run around being invisible and done nothing but miss chances, then yes I would of blamed him, but his contribution went way beyond scoring and therefore I don't think it's fair to blame him. For me Eto'o even if he hadn't scored a goal was the best player on the pitch. The same way I feel about Ibra's performances in the second legs vs Pool and United.

If you want to call JC pulling off incredible saves, "Ronaldo misses" then I guess you are right...but I think it was more JC playing well than Ronaldo playing poor...

Two of them went straight at Cesar, the other two slipped past the post. Maybe one of them was a great save, the others I don't think so. Point is it took him 5 chances to score one goal, not a half chance as the nitwit4life suggested.

Forza ragazzi
17 Aug 09, 14:56
I disagree, for reasons I already explained. I tend to look past what the players who played well do bad, and instead criticize the players who didn't play well at all, even if they score a tap in.

You cannot more or less credit Ibra alone for the scudetto last year and not blame him for not stepping up in CL. I mean, come on, grabben :) If you give him all credit for the scudetto, logically you should give him all credit for the CL exit as well. You can't choose where you give him praise as you please and be taken seriously.

n4l
17 Aug 09, 14:59
when the first leg is over, it is over....

n the crunch game (second leg after a 0-0 first leg), fact is ronaldo was playing poorly, had one chance and scored.....
zlatan's 2 chances were clearer and he scuffed both....

make whatever excuses you want

vitomins
17 Aug 09, 15:01
Two of them went straight at Cesar, the other two slipped past the post. Maybe one of them was a great save, the others I don't think so. Point is it took him 5 chances to score one goal, not a half chance as the nitwit4life suggested.

There was 2 unbeieveable saves in the first leg...one of Ronaldo's headers from a corner and then he tipped a free kick round the post...I don't remember if he pulled off any great saves in the second leg, like he did in the first?

The point is on a weaker keeper, such as van der Sar lol, he would have scored more goals...

Adam
17 Aug 09, 15:03
You cannot more or less credit Ibra alone for the scudetto last year and not blame him for not stepping up in CL. I mean, come on, grabben :) If you give him all credit for the scudetto, logically you should give him all credit for the CL exit as well. You can't choose where you give him praise as you please and be taken seriously.

Why not? Going by your logic Manchester fans should blame Cantona for their CL losses, Napoli fans should blame Maradona for theirs, and again Manchester fans should blame Ronaldo for their CL final loss, even though he was basicly the only player that managed anything. To me that doesn't make sense.

When a team is outplayed and dominated, and one player is more or less the sole bright spot, even if it's a little spotted, I tend not to blame the bright spot. You do as you please, but don't tell me "taken seriously" as if I'm the one with the faulty logic here, when in fact it's you, grabben.;)

vitomins
17 Aug 09, 15:07
Why not? Going by your logic Manchester fans should blame Cantona for their CL losses, Napoli fans should blame Maradona for theirs, and again Manchester fans should blame Ronaldo for their CL final loss, even though he was basicly the only player that managed anything. To me that doesn't make sense.

When a team is outplayed and dominated, and one player is more or less the sole bright spot, even if it's a little spotted, I tend not to blame the bright spot. You do as you please, but don't tell me "taken seriously" as if I'm the one with the faulty logic here, when in fact it's you, grabben.;)

If Ibra played well in CL and we lost then, yes, it is unfair to blame the losses on him. But if you are going to claim all of Inter's successes when he plays well, then it is only logical to claim all of their failures when he plays poorly....

Would we have won the Scudetti without him? Probably not, but we will never know for a fact.

Would we done shitty in CL without him? Maybe, but we will never know for a fact...

Adam
17 Aug 09, 15:11
If Ibra played well in CL and we lost then, yes, it is unfair to blame the losses on him. But if you are going to claim all of Inter's successes when he plays well, then it is only logical to claim all of their failures when he plays poorly....

Would we have won the Scudetti without him? Probably not, but we will never know for a fact.

Would we done shitty in CL without him? Maybe, but we will never know for a fact...

No, that's not logical.:lol: And who's claimed all of Inter's succes on him? He was clearly the most important player in the league, and one of the better even in the CL. But just to test your "logics" answer me this: If all A's are B's, and all B's are C's, does that mean all C's are A's?

vitomins
17 Aug 09, 15:21
No, that's not logical.:lol: And who's claimed all of Inter's succes on him? He was clearly the most important player in the league, and one of the better even in the CL. But just to test your "logics" answer me this: If all A's are B's, and all B's are C's, does that mean all C's are A's?

Sorry you did not detect the sarcasm...

Anyways this debate will go on and on...If we were able to win Serie A because Ibra scored goals and gave us assists, then we managed to lose CL because Ibra did not contribute the same...correct?

Adam
17 Aug 09, 15:27
I take it you can't answer the question. :P And, yeah that is correct, but that doesn't mean it's illogical to not criticize him for it, for reasons I already explained.

But you're right this can go on and on. Whatever really.

vitomins
17 Aug 09, 15:36
I take it you can't answer the question. :D

From what I remember...

All A's are B's
All B's are C's
All A's are C's

Is a valid form of logic but...

All A's are B's
All C's are B's
All A's are C's

Is not valid...

Adam
17 Aug 09, 15:49
You miraculously got it right, but I bet you can't tell me why. Did you google it? :D

vitomins
17 Aug 09, 15:59
You miraculously got it right, but I bet you can't tell me why. Did you google it? :D

What I got there is just from pure college memory...if you want me to explain the whole thing then I don't know if I can lol

I remember the second one is not valid because:

All horses are animals
All elephants are animals
All horses are elephants

is obviously not true lol

Adam
17 Aug 09, 16:08
What I got there is just from pure college memory...if you want me to explain the whole thing then I don't know if I can lol

I remember the second one is not valid because:

All horses are animals
All elephants are animals
All horses are elephants

is obviously not true lol

Aiight man.:) Impressive. Guess I got told. You're right. Would of been more impressive if you actually thought it up rather than remembered it though.;)

On a second look, you used the right logic but you only answered why your example was wrong.

My example was not logical because:

All apples are fruit (except for plastic, but you get the idea)
All fruit is food (presuming all fruit is edible, don't know actually)
All food isn't apples. ;)

blackmore
17 Aug 09, 16:11
is this still the zlatan thread..this is getting ridiculous...

Adam
17 Aug 09, 16:13
:lol: For once Blackmore has a point. Back to Ibra. So, still an absolutely legend and allround godly footballer then? :D

Peace! I'm out!

blackmore
17 Aug 09, 16:19
and again adam you have swung and missed terribly with your description of ibra...:)
i would have went with complaining,whinging pre-madonna.....:)

Luka
17 Aug 09, 16:52

if he's not the focal point at Barca and scores in the big games in the CL, will that mean:

(1) it was Inter/Juve fault or
(2) that he cannot take the pressure of being the focal point?

It's not realy about him scoring, it's about making the difference. If he can make an assist, play overall as good as he played in a league versus weaker deffenders, making good passes, runs etc, it will mean at Inter the problem was with the support or that the opponents focused on keeping Ibra out of the game, as they knew he is the one to make the differnce. At Barca there is Ibra, Henry, Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, and you can't double mark them all.

vitomins
17 Aug 09, 17:09
It's not realy about him scoring, it's about making the difference. If he can make an assist, play overall as good as he played in a league versus weaker deffenders, making good passes, runs etc, it will mean at Inter the problem was with the support or that the opponents focused on keeping Ibra out of the game, as they knew he is the one to make the differnce. At Barca there is Ibra, Henry, Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, and you can't double mark them all.

You have obviously never heard of the 10-0-0 formation :P

Forza ragazzi
17 Aug 09, 22:24

I get the impression you let Ibra go free of CL guilt because of what he did in the league. I don't feel that is right.

Also, by the logic of your last paragraph, you completely ignore JC's contribution. Ibra failed to produce in CL, which made it even harder for Inter. Inter counted on him (way too much) yes, but he let Inter down in CL while he was reliable in the league. I don't believe this, as I believe you win and lose as a team. You cannot blame Ibra's shortcomings on the ten other players. If he was a positive spark, he wasn't sparkling much more than the rest of the team.

caelestis
17 Aug 09, 22:44
It will be _very_ interesting to see how teams decide to meet the new Barca. Since Eto'o is more of a clean striker he didn't need as many guards as a playmaker does (need more to cut off passing routes to and from those players). In Seria A Zlatan had 2-3 players on him a lot of the time. How will teams take on Ibra+Messi+Xavi+Iniesta and then also take care of flying Henry and Dani Alves amongst others? In theory I can't see how Barca would loose this season. Since I'm a big Zlatan fan and also like Barca I'm biassed. You guys that can see more clearly, how would you propose that opponents should play against Barca this season and what am I missing?

Luka
17 Aug 09, 22:56
Same as Chelsea played. Physical play, high balls etc.

Barca is very strong on paper, probably the best first 11 in Europe(despite deffense which I don't rate very highly) but football is still football. Lazio game showed us again, the best team not always win.

I'm pretty sure Barca will not win this year the CL.

I'm also curious to see how Pepe will cope this year. Playing same style, is doomed to be "figured out" sooner than later by opposition coaches. Rijkard played great too, untill the teams found factor X, like the teams in Serie A found factor X in our team, and tried to press us high up the field.

caelestis
17 Aug 09, 23:33
Same as Chelsea played. Physical play, high balls etc.

Barca is very strong on paper, probably the best first 11 in Europe(despite deffense which I don't rate very highly) but football is still football. Lazio game showed us again, the best team not always win.

I'm pretty sure Barca will not win this year the CL.

I'm also curious to see how Pepe will cope this year. Playing same style, is doomed to be "figured out" sooner than later by opposition coaches. Rijkard played great too, untill the teams found factor X, like the teams in Serie A found factor X in our team, and tried to press us high up the field.

Yeah, the Barca squad is on the short side. I smiled when I saw the defense wall for one of Bilbaos freekicks yesterday. Like 165cm average :) Zlatan will at least add some height now and I believe Henry is pretty tall. If they really go ahead and get Vidic as well then they would get some more centimetres as well. Then again, not all teams are as tall as Chelseas squad. Spanish and Italian league teams don't have the same tall players in general as EPL teams do.

Adam
17 Aug 09, 23:39
I get the impression you let Ibra go free of CL guilt because of what he did in the league. I don't feel that is right.

No, not free of guilt. He should of scored, but then again so should the rest of the players who had chances. I just hold the opinion that the secnd leg vs Liverpool and the first half vs Manchester is, apart from his shooting, some of the most dominant I've ever seen him. Not in terms of youtube highlight reels but in terms of working for the team, and being close to perfect in his hold up and distribution, which is the main reason we managed to stand up to United as well as we did.

Like I said I tend to look past the "bright spots" flaws, when the team is being dominated, or playing badly and I'll continue doing so this season for whomever it may be.

Granted, I argue more passionatly for Ibra because I've followed his career for the last ten years, and thus have more of an emotional attachment to him, but I've done the same thing for Julio Cesar when he screwed up vs Napoli, a match he btw was brilliant in apart from that mistake, and I've done the same thing for Vieira, Suazo and Maicon. I just have a different philosophy on this matter than you FR, that's all.

Anyways, we'e wasted enough time talking about this now, me thinks.;)

tritolone
18 Aug 09, 02:51
Don't want to distract your fighting but anyways...

I wrote this before:D

Ibra and Adri both hit post/crossbar against Manchester. Had those shots gone in (matter of centimetres) they would be praised as the best pair on the planet.

Now Ibra is a big game choker and Adriano a fat drunk:wallbang:

ataturk5
18 Aug 09, 10:36
How old is ADAM:D? ive never in my life heard such rubbish! IBRA is responsible for all that is good with inter,but nothing bad!he will see the difference this year when a big game player like etto scores goals for you in CL,unbelievable how people follow PLAYERS instead of TEAMS,very sad people and not worthy of being taken seriously:thumbsdo:

Handoyo
18 Aug 09, 11:02
ffs, why do we have to always criticize him on his CL performances but never focus on the bigger, better things which is he's the dominant reason why we've won 3 Scudetti in a row. Last post I'm making in this thread for awhile.

ataturk5
18 Aug 09, 11:14
ffs, why do we have to always criticize him on his CL performances but never focus on the bigger, better things which is he's the dominant reason why we've won 3 Scudetti in a row. Last post I'm making in this thread for awhile.

Because GREAT players like GREAT teams will allways be remembered for what they've done in europe against the best( rightly or wrongly,its a fact),I.E everybody knows madrids european record but not many will know their domestic record,same with other teams,milan(sorry lol),bayern,ajax etc

Suneet
18 Aug 09, 11:20
Because GREAT players like GREAT teams will allways be remembered for what they've done in europe against the best( rightly or wrongly,its a fact),I.E everybody knows madrids european record but not many will know their domestic record,same with other teams,milan(sorry lol),bayern,ajax etc

Well, like us Liverpool have been waited a long time for a premier league title. Say for example if a player comes along for 3 years, plays a MAJOR part in winning you 3 titles, would you not consider him one of the best?

ataturk5
18 Aug 09, 11:33
Well, like us Liverpool have been waited a long time for a premier league title. Say for example if a player comes along for 3 years, plays a MAJOR part in winning you 3 titles, would you not consider him one of the best?

To an extent yes,but i also wouldnt overlook it if that player didnt do it in europe,a lot depends on your mentality as a club/fan,for a LOT of lpool fans they STILL think europe is more important than the prem,for my part.....yes of course i want to win the prem,i grew up watching us win it year after year,and ADMIT i never thought we'd wait this long,BUT once we do win the prem(if,lol!),then i would take european glory over domestic everytime!all my/our most memorable nights at anfield have been european nights,and that INCLUDES the years we were winning the league every year,i guess it depends on the clubs fans mentality,as i said for a lot of lpool fans europe is more important,we have a massive affinity with the european cup/chmps lge,i notice on here that most people think serie a is more important?like i say......it depends on HOW a clubs fans think,theres no right or wrong,but i wouldnt swap my european finals visits for any amount of lge titles

Suneet
18 Aug 09, 11:49
And rather watch your biggest rivals win both in current years... anyways, at Inter its different, most fans here rate the league higher than CL. CL is the cream on top even for me.

ataturk5
18 Aug 09, 12:00
And rather watch your biggest rivals win both in current years... anyways, at Inter its different, most fans here rate the league higher than CL. CL is the cream on top even for me.

Our biggest rivals are STILL two euro cups behind us:rollani:,thank fukc! like i say.....theres no right or wrong way of prioritising,each to their own.

Adam
18 Aug 09, 12:01
The rantings of a fat shaved head slob whose opinion is worthless

I shortened your post to save forum space but I think I managed to keep the content pretty much spot on. Jog on, bitch.

ataturk5
18 Aug 09, 12:08
I shortened your post to save forum space but I think I managed to keep the content pretty much spot on. Jog on, bitch.

Tut tut fanboy! how did you know i had a "nearly" shaved head?lmao,as regards being a bitch......its pretty obvious that you would drop your trousers for ibra at the drop of a hat!:teeth:,which team do you support today?:D,if you took an IQ test it would come back negative,no wonder the suicide rate in so high in scandinavia with the likes of you about.SAVE IT, MUG

Adam
18 Aug 09, 12:14
Tut tut fanboy! how did you know i had a "nearly" shaved head?lmao,as regards being a bitch......its pretty obvious that you would drop your trousers for ibra at the drop of a hat!:teeth:,which tean do you support today?:D,if you took an IQ test it would come back negative,no wonder the suicide rate in so high in scandinavia with the likes of you about.

I support Liverpool now, because I like overrated players and none fit the bill better than Torres and Gerrard. Good luck winning the league with the two of them stepping up when it matters.:lol: They only score and assist when the team plays well, and as your last match showed they don't do shit when the team is struggling. We'll see if you win the league this season big boy. We'll see.

And please, you can't talk down to me in regards to intelligence.:lol: It doesn't ring true coming from you, you absolute twit. Now, please be so kind and piss off, go to a liverpool match, take your shirt of and show everyone your oversized belly.

ataturk5
18 Aug 09, 12:19
I support Liverpool now, because I like overrated players and none fit the bill better than Torres and Gerrard. Good luck winning the league with the two of them stepping up when it matters.:lol: They only score and assist when the team plays well, and as your last match showed they don't do shit when the team is struggling. We'll see if you win the league this season big boy. We'll see.

And please, you can't talk down to me in regards to intelligence.:lol: It doesn't ring true coming from you, you absolute twit.

Nah i wouldnt attempt to talk down to someone as knowledgeable as you are,lmao:joker:,torres and gerrard overrated?:D ok fanboy,you'd be the expert on overrated players wouldnt yer!anyways..........back to the choker;),btw who DO you support TODAY?

Adam
18 Aug 09, 12:29
I already told you: Liverpool. It's something about those cute all red outfits.:D You got your question answered not it's my turn. When was the last time you actually saw your own pecker standing up without looking in the mirror?

Anyways, whatever dude. I've amused myself enough for one day. Toodles.

ataturk5
18 Aug 09, 12:34
I already told you: Liverpool. It's something about those cute all red outfits.:D You got your question answered not it's my turn. When was the last time you actually saw your own pecker standing up without looking in the mirror?

Mmmm thats a good one:thumbsdo:,lol,if brains were made of leather you couldnt saddle a flea kid,try and stop taking all your angst out on the forum members because some wont agree with your opinion on your hero ibra,it will only destroy your life,getting bitter and twisted does you no good:smileani:

Adam
18 Aug 09, 12:37
Mmmm thats a good one:thumbsdo:,lol,if brains were made of leather you couldnt saddle a flea kid,try and stop taking all your angst out on the forum members because some wont agree with your opinion on your hero ibra,it will only destroy your life,getting bitter and twisted does you no good:smileani:

You started shit with me dummy. Don't dish it out if you can't take it. Now go cry to someone else. I'm done with you. You're excused.

ataturk5
18 Aug 09, 12:44
You started shit with me dummy. Don't dish it out if you can't take it. Now go cry to someone else. I'm done with you. You're excused.

Oh i can take a bit of stick,fear not,lmao!just pointing out that spitting your dummy out like a little baby because other members have a different opinion than you is a bit embarrasing for you,thats all:lol:,you realy havnt got a clue have you? your slower than erosion kid,go and google IBRA =goals,BIG matches,see yer in a few months eh

Forza ragazzi
18 Aug 09, 13:08
No, not free of guilt. He should of scored, but then again so should the rest of the players who had chances. I just hold the opinion that the secnd leg vs Liverpool and the first half vs Manchester is, apart from his shooting, some of the most dominant I've ever seen him. Not in terms of youtube highlight reels but in terms of working for the team, and being close to perfect in his hold up and distribution, which is the main reason we managed to stand up to United as well as we did.

Like I said I tend to look past the "bright spots" flaws, when the team is being dominated, or playing badly and I'll continue doing so this season for whomever it may be.

Granted, I argue more passionatly for Ibra because I've followed his career for the last ten years, and thus have more of an emotional attachment to him, but I've done the same thing for Julio Cesar when he screwed up vs Napoli, a match he btw was brilliant in apart from that mistake, and I've done the same thing for Vieira, Suazo and Maicon. I just have a different philosophy on this matter than you FR, that's all.

Anyways, we'e wasted enough time talking about this now, me thinks.;)

Ibra should've scored and others should've scored. No one did = equal guilt.

And let it be noted, I admire Ibra a great deal. I consider myself a fan of his now.

vitomins
18 Aug 09, 13:12
See I'm not the only one who argues! :P

ataturk5
18 Aug 09, 13:16
See I'm not the only one who argues! :P

LMAO! nah your not,thats why ive been banned 3 times,lol:rollani:

Adam
18 Aug 09, 13:20
Oh i can take a bit of stick,fear not,lmao!just pointing out that spitting your dummy out like a little baby because other members have a different opinion than you is a bit embarrasing for you,thats all:lol:,you realy havnt got a clue have you? your slower than erosion kid,go and google IBRA =goals,BIG matches,see yer in a few months eh

Well, that's your opinion and it could be the farthest from the truth. Fact is I welcome a difference of opinion, especially when it's well articulated and with thick layers of arguments. The only problem I have is that certain slowminded individuals keep talking nonsense even after I've corrected them.

Anyways, are you done yet? A 40 something year old man engaging in flamewars on the internet. I'm 27 and I feel like a child for doing it. Go do something positive with your time: like learning how to write and structure your text properly. That's way you won't come off as such a 9 year old, and you'll save yourself a lot of embarrassment.

Forza ragazzi
18 Aug 09, 13:23
Please stay away from personal insults, Adam and ataturk.

blackmore
18 Aug 09, 14:20
are we still on this ibra shit..i thought by now the argument would have been settled...can anyone say choker...:) you guys need to stop being fanboys and start being fans

ataturk5
18 Aug 09, 14:55
Well, that's your opinion and it could be the farthest from the truth. Fact is I welcome a difference of opinion, especially when it's well articulated and with thick layers of arguments. The only problem I have is that certain slowminded individuals keep talking nonsense even after I've corrected them.

Anyways, are you done yet? A 40 something year old man engaging in flamewars on the internet. I'm 27 and I feel like a child for doing it. Go do something positive with your time: like learning how to write and structure your text properly. That's way you won't come off as such a 9 year old, and you'll save yourself a lot of embarrassment.
Its your opinion they are "slow minded",maybe they just dont agree with your "corrections" kid? "flamewars" eh,love the way you use all these americanisms,lol. as regards your age and arguing on the net.........i think once your over 16 its all the same,as regards "structuring my text properly"......take me to court,lol!THE most embarrassing thing for me would be following a player round from forum to forum:cool:,something i'd never do as im not a "lapdog" kid.:D

n4l
18 Aug 09, 15:00
here's the problem with ibra fanboys:

(1) they don't want to acknowledge that he has choked for 5 years in the CL...
they will make endless excuses

(2) they equate choking in the CL to not being a great player....
this is not true...no player can be a big game player all the time....
shit, Henry was still considered a great player when he choked for arsenal in CL from 00-07, then produced the goods in their run to the finals, then choked in the finals..
Henry is still going down as a great in the game

Adam
18 Aug 09, 18:48
For anyone interested he'll make his debut tomorrow against Man City, in the Gamper trophy.

caelestis
18 Aug 09, 19:39
Yep, will be interesting to see both in terms of Ibra in new team and also to see the new Man City. Too bad it's a friendly though. First real game with Ibra will be played this Sunday in the return Supercup match I believe. Hopefully Messi, Iniesta and Marquez will be fit by then as well.

Luka
18 Aug 09, 20:59
For anyone interested he'll make his debut tomorrow against Man City, in the Gamper trophy.
Naaah, I don't think many people interested :P:P;)

ps. Too bad it will be probably no longer then 15 minutes or so.

bennyblanco
19 Aug 09, 07:14
here's the problem with ibra fanboys:

(1) they don't want to acknowledge that he has choked for 5 years in the CL...
they will make endless excuses

(2) they equate choking in the CL to not being a great player....
this is not true...no player can be a big game player all the time....
shit, Henry was still considered a great player when he choked for arsenal in CL from 00-07, then produced the goods in their run to the finals, then choked in the finals..
Henry is still going down as a great in the game

man you're a walking talking contradiction...what are all these parables you are throwing around? what kind of rating system do you use to come up with such theories...?

as this is the Ibra thread i dont want to point certain things out like why Arsenal had to use Henry in a rather different position that day,and in general what is considered a flop?are goals the only type of rating we consider worthy?have you watched every single game of Arsenal and can declare that Henry flopped in the former CL campaigns?what about other cups in England?Uefa Cup and so?

you dont say he assisted in the leading goal and that a 10 man Arsenal were forced to change tactics because of the numerical disadvantage...that he was acting as some sort of deep lying midfielder in the UCL final of 06...

any way stop comparing Ibra to everyone and stop using everyone in your thories regarding Ibra...

please dont let it seem that im always picking on you as im not

but why would Barca,the defending champion of the UCLboth in 06 and 09 buy both Henry and now Ibra?right after winning UCL 06 they bought Henry...right after winning 09 the sign Ibra for pretty serious $$$...crazy ppl those Catalans...splashing cash on trash

why would Barca get these failers or greats or flops of the UCL OR WHATEVER YOU CLASSIFY THEM?

Barca the team that you usually use as your measuring tool? not Athletic Bilbao Barca man...

Forza ragazzi
19 Aug 09, 08:36
Will definitely try to watch the Gamper match. Hopefully a full match download will be available.

Ziyad
19 Aug 09, 12:11
I am interested in seeing him too but in an official match more than this tournament.

Luka
19 Aug 09, 21:48
Ibra touched the ball 3 times in first 15 minutes. With Xavi and Iniesta it might do better, but on the other note they will dominate possesion more, and the ball will be in the middle area of the pitch most of the time.

Could it be that Ibra picked the wrong team to show of his flair creativity and vision ;)

Sure he will have the ball sooner or later, but could there as much as for example at Inter where he was a focal point ?

Naaah, still to early into a season. ;)

ps. Wouldn't imagine Ibra not complaining, but the players are not passing to him, and yet he doesn't complain !!! :]

This Wise dude at Man City is fast as hell!!!

Ibra had a chance at goal, and tried back heel for a memorable debut. Didn't change one bit :D

UhUhOleguer
19 Aug 09, 22:23
it was his first game with the team, first time football after weeks and obviously, he wasn't used to the team...

last couple minutes were better and obviously it will be better with Xavi and Henry...although what Jonathan Dos Santos did today was marvelous too...but you could see that they didn't really know how to play him.

Rimpel
19 Aug 09, 22:23
that was a pretty good debut, seems like he's adapting to their game already. Good for him.

J zanetti
19 Aug 09, 22:29
it was his first game with the team, first time football after weeks and obviously, he wasn't used to the team...

last couple minutes were better and obviously it will be better with Xavi and Henry...although what Jonathan Dos Santos did today was marvelous too...but you could see that they didn't really know how to play him.
True... He started to see more of the ball towards the end. Had 2 decent chances to score. As said it was his first outing and things can only get better with the likes of Xavi and Iniesta feeding him.

He will have to adopt that he certainly wont see as much of the ball as he used to while playing for us. Anyway il genio will adopt and hopefully in no time will deliver.

Adam
19 Aug 09, 22:30
Nah, it was a nervous debut. Wouldn't worry too much though. His first friendly with Inter was so-so aswell. Then against Fiorentina, he still hadn't adapted but scored a goal and created the other two. It was a joy to see Messi and Ibra combine though.

Rimpel
19 Aug 09, 22:31
True... He started to see more of the ball towards the end. Had 2 decent chances to score. As said it was his first outing and things can only get better with the likes of Xavi and Iniesta feeding him.

He will have to adopt that he certainly wont see as much of the ball as he used to while playing for us. Anyway il genio will adopt and hopefully in no time will deliver.

agreed

Luka
19 Aug 09, 22:34

;)

Can't wait to see the first couple of games though, and how Ibra will find himself in Barca. Will he be involved much in a build - up, allowed to draw back etc. or not.

rfU
19 Aug 09, 22:36
am i the only who hopes he will flop at Barca :lol: He's definately lost a lot his pace since he was at Juve and first few years at Inter. He doesn't look able to beat any defenders on the dribble. Also he's not fond of the CF position, yet that's where he will playing the entire time while he's at Barca. He was decent to day, feeding off scraps, but wait till he plays with Xavi and Inesta... I'm certain he will hit 20 by seasons end. I won't like it, but it will happen.

Luka
19 Aug 09, 22:36
Ok, who is keeping fingesr crossed for a tie up with Barca in CL group stage ? :D

ps. Ok, I lied a little, I would preffer Real first, then Barca :>

caelestis
19 Aug 09, 22:49
It was an OK debut, would have loved to see him score or that Messi would have gotten to the pass from Ibra that he nearly did. The few times Messi and Ibra was close to eachother it was nice football :)

I'll wait about ten matches untill I give a first good impression though. This was nearly the B-squad without Xavi, Henry and Iniesta.

Adam
19 Aug 09, 22:53
I hope we can avoid both of them otherwise there's a bigger chance we might not even make it out of the group stages. Are you kidding me? Tie up with Barca and Madrid..What if we get one of those Turkish teams too? You know that's basicly a draw or loss away from home. I want as easy a group stage as possible.

Rimpel
19 Aug 09, 22:57
I hope we can avoid both of them otherwise there's a bigger chance we might not even make it out of the group stages. Are you kidding me? Tie up with Barca and Madrid..What if we get one of those Turkish teams too? You know that's basicly a draw or loss away from home. I want as easy a group stage as possible.

you mean like last season? That didn't go so well.

Luka
19 Aug 09, 22:59

Can we even get an easy group ? I thought I read somewhere we've dropped to second bin or something, and if that is the case we will pick someone from the top teams, and I'd rather get the top teams rather than having weaker one who will teach us nothing.

Having a top team in group stage can be very positive, it is deffinetly better to have a team like that, than getting them in the knockout stages. IMO

This way we can have very valuable matches, and if we would loose out in semis or even quarter final(although it wouldn't be much progress) it would make a positive year. Next year would have to be at least semi-final though.

Why Real though? Because they need time to get into good grip, even with this incredible offensive force on paper, and we would be IMO in better position than them. Because it would be a good publicity to Inter. And also because that would be a good opportunity for Jose to test us against a classy-flashy spain team, and we tend to have problems with teams playing this way(not that with EPL teams is much different, but you can only have one at a time).

Adam
19 Aug 09, 23:06
Hmm... I think you're right, we are in the second seed. Normaly i'd think like you aswell but at this point I have no idea how strong our team is, so I'd rather have an easier group stage.

In a sense we're kind of like Madrid. A team with lots and lots of potential but it remains to be seen if we can make it click properly.

Alessandro
20 Aug 09, 02:25
Can I just say that Ibra looked better in an Inter jersey...