PDA

View Full Version : Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Toninu
14 Sep 09, 00:40
There's a difference between how Eto'o ended things and how Ibra ended things. I personally think we should be indifferent to be Ibra but I wouldn't blame anyone if they boo him because they have good reason to.

lonewolf19
14 Sep 09, 02:40
Alright, let us get it on Ibra. Wish you will have a bad game at the Meazza

FCBarca
14 Sep 09, 04:21
There's a difference between how Eto'o ended things and how Ibra ended things. I personally think we should be indifferent to be Ibra but I wouldn't blame anyone if they boo him because they have good reason to.

Perhaps but there's far more to the story with Samu than meets the eye...One could make a very strong argument that the biggest reason he isn't a Barca player any longer has everything to with that and how he was attempting to hold the club over the barrel in his last year of his contract

maxw
14 Sep 09, 08:06
Still, Samuel used his last matches in Barca to win them a Champions league final (again) and score lots of goals, while Zlatan pissed the fans off by acting so bored he could hardly stand up in the celebration match where we had just won the league, and only scored because Mourinho wouldn't let him be subbed off, and kept talking about Barca in every chance of an interview he got. (No offence to Barca)

Opeum
14 Sep 09, 08:58
I'm hoping that Matrix will screw his leg.

Campione
14 Sep 09, 10:18
I'm hoping that Matrix will screw his leg.

Matrix is injured so he won't have this chance.

Luka
14 Sep 09, 11:13
Muntari is the next player to speak.

“Why? Because I play for Inter. One of those players who ran for Ibrahimovic, the man who thinks he won it all by himself.”

Sulley Muntari has reminded Zlatan Ibrahimovic of why he was such a success at Inter. “It was because of people like me,” said the midfielder.

Barcelona’s Ibra last week claimed that he was the secret behind the Nerazzurri’s triumphs over the last three campaigns after firing them to Scudetto glory.

It was a remark which upset a few at Appiano Gentile, a statement which Muntari believes is misleading just days before the two teams meet in the Champions League.

“Ibra says Barcelona are stronger than Inter, but I think we are stronger than they are,” the Ghanaian underlined.

“Why? Because I play for Inter. One of those players who ran for Ibrahimovic, the man who thinks he won it all by himself.”

The Swedish striker left San Siro for the European champions in the summer after Barca agreed to hand over £40m and Samuel Eto’o.

Both men have settled quickly into their new realities and will come face to face on Wednesday evening.

However, the Cameroon star, who netted in Sunday’s 2-0 win over Parma, insists the game is bigger than just two players.

“It is Inter against Barcelona, not me against Ibrahimovic,” stated Eto'o. “I’m not playing on my own out there.”

(added)

That's accurate. He HAD a good relationship.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic says he isn’t concerned by the reception he will receive when Barcelona take to the field against Inter on Wednesday.

Ibra will immediately come up against his ex-side in his first Champions League clash for his new club and is expected to be greeted with jeers rather than cheers in midweek.

But the Swedish international insists that the reaction of the fans who once loved him is just a minor detail and not something he is concerned about.

“I’m not interested in how the crowd reacts, it is not important,” said the former Juventus player. “It will be an enjoyable game, also because of the atmosphere that will be breathed.

“I have excellent memories of Milan, but I am happy to be back at San Siro wearing a different shirt.

“I had a good relationship with my teammates and I’ll greet them with pleasure. I have nothing against them. After all, you don’t easily forget three Scudetti in three years.”

Ibra has already impressed in his two Liga games so far seeing as he has rippled the net in both encounters.

The international, however, concedes that he still needs to improve his fitness and form for the European champions.

“The goals were a bonus, I’m more pleased with the six points from two games,” he added. “My condition needs to get better as I’m still not at 100 per cent.

“I also need to understand how the team plays and make sure that I can fit in with that. But there are great players here so that won’t be a problem.”

Toninu
14 Sep 09, 12:58
Meh, in the end it's the pitch that will do the talking.

Hammoudi
14 Sep 09, 21:32
Xavi said in a quote from soccernet.com that he heard that Zlatan is a serious guy in the locker room and awkward, but in Barca, he is joking around etc.

I guess that shows at Inter and Juventus he wasn't really really happy but was being a professional. You can tell he had a bit of an austere nature to him, but I am guessing now he is really really happy!

I have no problem with that as long as he doesn't disrespect us. I don't recall him saying anything about Juve when he left them (maybe because he didn't help them win much.)

Adam
14 Sep 09, 21:47
I don't see how he has said anything bad about Inter or the other players. The "3 scudetti" comment didn't have a "I alone" feel. It's been misrepresented in the media. I know this because I've seen the Swedish interview on video where they got the quote. TBh, Muntari is a zap if he said something like that to media. I don't believe he did though. Probably media bullshit as I haven't seen it in Gazzetta.

Ibra's latest interview.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic is looking forward to making his first return to Giuseppe Meazza on Wednesday evening since leaving Inter to join FC Barcelona in the summer after three seasons at the club.

"It will be a touching moment to go back," he told reporters on Monday evening. I feel very emotional about returning. I spent three seasons with Inter and I am delighted to have another chance to play in their stadium. It will not be easy, especially as they have strengthened this season and will make things hard for us."

Mourinho and Guardiola

Having worked with Jose Mourinho and now with Pep Guardiola, the striker explained the differences and similarities between the two. "Both of them prepare for games very conscientiously," he explained. "They look for the most information they can about the opposition in order to find ways to win. The pair have great winning mentalities and that is what has made them both so successful."

And another from goal.com, apparantly from Corriere.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic Desperate To Score For Barcelona Against Inter
'Ibra' will put aside any emotions over his return to the San Siro...
Sep 14, 2009 6:41:41 PM
Photo GalleryZoom
Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Getafe, Barcelona (MARCA)
Related Links
Teams
Barcelona
Inter Milan
Players
Zlatan Ibrahimovic
When Inter host Barcelona in the Champions League on Wednesday night, Zlatan Ibrahimovic has admitted he will be fully focused on the task at hand and is desperate to get on the scoresheet.

"I will do everything to score against Inter, because now I play for Barcelona," Ibrahimovic told Il Corriere dello Sport.

"I will go to San Siro to do my best, and I hope we win. People know my qualities and for me it is an obligation to win every game.

"It's normal to have to adapt [to a new club] and it's something that will come with time. For me, it's important to play and rediscover my rhythm. When I play more games, then you will see the real Zlatan."

Despite his desire to find the back of the net, the Swede conceded that Inter were one of the strongest teams in the tournament and it will not be easy to do so.

"I believe Inter are among the favourites to win the Champions League. I'm sure that they will win it one day," he stated.

Luka
14 Sep 09, 22:19
You can tell he had a bit of an austere nature to him, but I am guessing now he is really really happy!

Good for him :)

But I have to admit I'm a little puzzled, cause I thought you should be happy, when you're playing for a club you supported as a kid :D

But everybody has a different definition of happines. Me, I would do almost everything, literally, to be emplyed by Inter as the smalest person, even gardener, to be part of society, watch the trainings, watch the guys from very close, watch the games at Meazza etc. But that's just me :)

Stefan
14 Sep 09, 23:00
Good to see your back Adam.:)

vitomins
15 Sep 09, 01:00
How could he resist...lol

lonewolf19
15 Sep 09, 01:28
Good for him :)

But I have to admit I'm a little puzzled, cause I thought you should be happy, when you're playing for a club you supported as a kid :D

But everybody has a different definition of happines. Me, I would do almost everything, literally, to be emplyed by Inter as the smalest person, even gardener, to be part of society, watch the trainings, watch the guys from very close, watch the games at Meazza etc. But that's just me :)

So would I. How much do we actually know about his childhood though? I only remember he said everyone around him picked either Juv or Milan while he chose Inter. He did not make it sound like this is his best ever dream move and a club he supported 13 years or something. In fact, I did not think he ever stressed it when we signed him. I think he first said in while he was back in Ajax and he was simply answering a journalist question than trying to appeal himself to us.

minterke
15 Sep 09, 03:20
Adam we have a bet bitch! Your not goin anywhere

Luka
15 Sep 09, 23:34
Javier Znaetti.

If Barcelona are not just Messi, Inter were not only Zlatan Ibrahimovic. "I don't know how the fans will welcome him," admitted the Inter captain. "He did very well when he was here with us and we won a lot together. He was part of the team and, as always, the team won thanks to the work of everybody. Now we have Samuel Eto'o who is adapting very well and he has already scored some important goals."

caelestis
16 Sep 09, 00:18
I'm hoping for at least one Ibracadabra goal and a draw between the teams tomorrow because then all would be happy :)

caelestis
16 Sep 09, 00:25
Btw you guys are all being played by the media that wants to sell newspapers on false news. Listen to the interviews and watch the videos and translate them yourself and you will notice how much the media angle on this is to create tension. I just hope most smart people will see through that.

Btw, about the "Inter without JC" question, that off course depends on the replacement goalie. It's a no brainer to understand that a normal class goaltender is less of a change for the team vs JC than a normal class attacker would be instead of Ibra though. Whether or not that would be enough to loose the Scudettos we will never know.

blackmore
16 Sep 09, 02:25
I'm hoping for at least one Ibracadabra goal and a draw between the teams tomorrow because then all would be happy :)

youre kidding right..?? freakin fanboy get lost....why dont u just "hope" for a barca win??

Opeum
16 Sep 09, 02:26

I'm only happy when Inter win.

caelestis
16 Sep 09, 02:32
youre kidding right..?? freakin fanboy get lost....why dont u just "hope" for a barca win??

Strange kind of humor you've got if you joke like that. If Zlatan scores and Barca don't loose they will be satisfied. Same goes for Inter if they don't loose to CL champions. Noone could be sad with the result = They should be happy. Glass is half full ;)

caelestis
16 Sep 09, 02:33
Ofc there will always be zealot fans and haters etc, but I don't really care about those since they are not logical and often quite stupid.

minterke
16 Sep 09, 02:42
If we tie I won't be happy, we're at San Siro time to teach those bitches how we play in Serie A. BENVENTUO A L'ITALIA OOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Luka
16 Sep 09, 13:07
timesonline

Zlatan Ibrahimovic is the latest target of Jose Mourinho’s mind games

There may be parallels between Pep Guardiola and José Mourinho — right down to their youthful good looks and snazzy wardrobe — but they end when it comes to mind games.

Guardiola is so well drilled he wheels out the manager-speak when he senses the imminence of pitfall questioning and slaloms around controversy, whereas Mourinho, largely by choice, snowploughs through it.

It was inevitable that, on Saturday, less than one hundred hours before the biggest clash of the first round of Champions League matches, Inter Milan v Barcelona, both men would be asked about the opposition. And while the Barcelona coach kept his reserve, Mourinho waded in, saying that, “Eto’o is the best striker with whom I have ever worked.”

Fighting talk, given that the list of strikers with whom he has worked includes a certain Zlatan Ibrahimovic, whom he sent to Barcelona in return for Eto’o plus £35 million in cash. The implication of the words of the “Special One” seem clear: I got a better player, plus a whole wad of money, I’m laughing all the way to the bank.

But Mourinho, of course, is far too clever to make such a crass statement. Which is why in the same press conference he said: “You know me, I always believe that my players are better than anybody else’s.”

In one fell swoop he deflected attention on to himself, sent a barbed message to Barcelona and reaffirmed his unquestioning belief in the ability of his men. There’s a reason why his pre-game nous will be studied one day by football historians. Indeed, in that sense, he’s the polar opposite to Ibrahimovic, who seems to have a knack for saying the wrong thing at the wrong time.

During his protracted transfer to Barcelona, he sent Valentine messages to the Catalan press — “Who wouldn’t want to play for a club like Barça?” — which annoyed the Inter support. He annoyed them further by kissing the Barcelona badge on his first day. But last week he really hit the Nerazzurri where it hurts.

“True fans know what I did for Inter,” he said. “Before I arrived, the club hadn’t won a title in 17 years. With me, we won three straight.”

Not the most elegant thing to say (nor the most accurate: the courts handed Inter a title before he arrived as a result of the 2006 Calciopoli scandal). But also, the kind of comment that can come back to haunt you. Inter’s response was left to Marco Materazzi, not the kind of man who shies away from a fight. “The best way to hurt him is total indifference,” he said. “Ibra did help us win three titles, but it would be wise of him to remember that we were a team.”

In fact, you wonder if, given the circumstances, Mourinho won’t be tempted to dust off Materazzi — who, at 36, has been largely on the shelf of late — and deploy “the Matrix” on Ibrahimovic come Wednesday evening. It may be the only way to unsettle the big Swede, who is feeling increasingly at home with the European champions. On Saturday he scored a tap-in and set up Lionel Messi’s header (wasn’t it supposed to work the other way around?) as Barcelona won 2-0 away to Getafe.

Guardiola knows that integrating a player with Ibrahimovic’s skill-set into a finely tuned machine such as Barcelona’s will take time, if only because at Inter the whole team was built around him. At Barcelona, on the other hand, he needs to share the limelight and be a humble participant in the weekly magic show of Messi, Andrés Iniesta and Xavi Hernández.

In deciding to axe Eto’o for Ibrahimovic, Guardiola took a sizeable gamble. Conventional wisdom dictates that you don’t tinker with a successful side. But then the payoff could be huge. If Barcelona retain the European Cup, his place in managerial history will be secure, just as his place as a player already is. The most recent team to do so were Arrigo Sacchi’s AC Milan, 20 years ago. Equal them and you become the stuff of legend.

Yet, the stakes may be even higher for Mourinho. The pressure to deliver the club game’s biggest prize is even greater. Even Fabio Capello, speaking on Thursday, conceded: “Inter must win the Champions League.”

Despite winning the domestic title last season, Mourinho’s adversaries still point to his European record with Inter and the paltry two wins — against Panathinaikos and Anorthosis Famagusta — in eight matches.

Absurdly, he could run away with the Serie A crown once again and still have people calling for his head. But that’s the pressure you live with every day when you’re the Special One.

blackmore
16 Sep 09, 17:25
If we tie I won't be happy, we're at San Siro time to teach those bitches how we play in Serie A. BENVENTUO A L'ITALIA OOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOO!!!!

thats what im fuckin talking about!!

blackmore
16 Sep 09, 17:38
Ofc there will always be zealot fans and haters etc, but I don't really care about those since they are not logical and often quite stupid.

for those still on the ibra bandwagon..its time to get off...man ronaldo always was and will be my favourite player but when he played against us i had no sense of empathy towards him whatsoever...it crushed me to see him score against us...if you "want" to see ibra score and "want" us to just draw against barca then what kind of fan are you...yes i am zealot as im a fanatic and i try to show much zeal to my beloved club..and if you as a fan cannot fathom such a pre-concept then i dont think you should be calling others stupid...there is no sense of hate here buddy...its called loyalty....look it up someday:)

Adam
16 Sep 09, 22:01
Booed, jeered, whistled, whatever. He got a friendly reception in my opinion. There where whistles, but it wasn't a hateful atmosphere. Proud of our fans. They behaved well. :star:

I especially liked the banner that said "Ibra, your honesty is better than Kaka's lies", which is what I've been saying all along. Nuff said. :)

Stefan
16 Sep 09, 22:12
Thankfull he continued his trend of missing chances in big cl games.

blackmore
16 Sep 09, 22:21
i was soooo happy when those chance fell to him....i knew there was no chance he was gonna score...

caelestis
16 Sep 09, 22:24
? What chances did you see him get? So fun to see how you judge him differently now.

minterke
16 Sep 09, 22:25
You just wonder what would've happened if we had Ibra and they had Eto'o...

shahz_nerazzurri
16 Sep 09, 22:25
Can you imagine what would have happened, had Ibra buried his chance? We would have been forced to attack to equalise, and Barca would have completely ripped us apart. The game would have finished 3-0 or something for them.

God bless Ibra. And a big FU to those who say he never does anything for Inter in the CL.

Stefan
16 Sep 09, 22:34
? What chances did you see him get? So fun to see how you judge him differently now.

What are you talking about we criticized him when he missed the same type of chances vs man utd last year.

In case you missed it. He missed a very good chance early in the first half and there was the other chance in the second half were he should have headed the ball instead of going for the flick.

blackmore
16 Sep 09, 22:42

r u kidding me...i would actually be more harsh on him if he were playing for us...but since he dosent i really dont give a crap...not everyones sucking pole like u man...get it in ur head..

Luka
16 Sep 09, 23:22
Thankfull he continued his trend of missing chances in big cl games.
:]

This is it. Ibra under CL pressure. Milito, Van Nisterloy, Crespo in their best days, all would bagged that first chance, but Ibra had to make that goal spectacular, and make the ball get in the top corner.

He will never learn. Like Sacchi said. Too good for small games, too weak for big games.

But... he has to have a slag, and I'll wait for those knockout games to judge him in the end.

rfU
17 Sep 09, 02:15
God bless Ibra. And a big FU to those who say he never does anything for Inter in the CL.
:lol:

lonewolf19
17 Sep 09, 02:59
I like how our fans behaved today towards his return.

Universe
17 Sep 09, 06:14
His off the ball movement was frightening today.

Ziyad
17 Sep 09, 09:49

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Lets hope he does the same in the second leg.:star:

Michael
17 Sep 09, 17:28
Gazzetta:

Great opportunity The big break, however, a distinction must be made. Eto'o didn't have the shred of a chance, no one put him at the goal neither he managed to do anything with the space that he had because Guardiola's Barcelona back four line was very high and he ended up offside. Ibra is different: some scoring chances came his way. The first immediately within seven minutes. Xavi found him unmarked and sent the chills down the San Siro. Ztalan was a few steps away from Julio Cesar. But the body was too high, rickety shooting, the ball hovering around the goal. Ensured that the same situation but in the league against a province team, the goal would have come.

Reception There was a game on the field and around the field. The whistles, yes. Many boos for Ibra but who pays for the tickets has the right to boo. This is at training, let alone in San Siro. The whistle was democrati, liberating. Not only whistles, though. Many banners, some sympathetic, others in favor. One out of very corner in the the Curva Sud: "Ibra, better be honest than playacting like Kaka." Another: "Ibra, thanks for everything," comes to know a fan. "Zlatan, now opponent, but never an enemy," says another. And the Nord, the place of all Interisti? For an hour the cold, whistling apart. The best punishment is the indifference they said so many times like Materazzi. But at the begining of the game (2nd half??) exposing a red light and rhyme: "Ibra, we have love but you haven't been able to meet. Now that you kissed the new shirt, there you have to s..." All capitalized, as one does on the Internet when you want to scream. Strong message and focused, with a clear reference to the game against Lazio last Spring. It was 0-0 and Ibra, remeber?, made a rude gesture to the Nord. No, not the gusture of the umbrella. Something worse, a vulgarity to the max. The banner was taken down from the banisters in five minutes because there were so many children at the stadium. And you have never seen Ibra gets the treatment from the fans like Adebayor did in City - Arsenal. Everything is
behind us, including the rude gesture to the Nord last spring.

Besnik
18 Sep 09, 13:32
Thanks man!! :thumbsup:

Toninu
19 Sep 09, 21:24
Ibra scored a goal early on today was it any good?

Analrapist
19 Sep 09, 21:25
I've heard that it was nice.

rfU
19 Sep 09, 21:26
damn, scored another for Barca. missed it but can't have been better than Messi's goal. and what a ball over the top from Xavi. Excellent. Maxwell is playing ok

The_Emperor
19 Sep 09, 21:29
He seems to be doing quite good. Scoring every game thus far. Good for him I guess.

Toninu
19 Sep 09, 21:36
What a strike by Alves, my God I'm glad we held them now 3-0 after half an hour against Atletico.

FCBarca
19 Sep 09, 21:54
damn, scored another for Barca. missed it but can't have been better than Messi's goal. and what a ball over the top from Xavi. Excellent. Maxwell is playing ok

Beg to differ, Maxwell has looked quite poor today, IMHO...Very disappointing performance from thus far

maxw
19 Sep 09, 21:58
Xavi said something about Inter playing boring football and it would be much nicer if they played more like Atletico Madrid. I wonder why he would want that? :doh:

rfU
19 Sep 09, 22:13
Beg to differ, Maxwell has looked quite poor today, IMHO...Very disappointing performance from thus far

don't think so. But at least he's invovled in the build play. Ibra just stands there

Ehsan
19 Sep 09, 22:40
Xavi said something about Inter playing boring football and it would be much nicer if they played more like Atletico Madrid. I wonder why he would want that? :doh:

Yeah I wonder... maybe it has something to do with Barca scoring 4 goals in the first half against Ateltico's "beautiful" football :P

mournickio
19 Sep 09, 22:56
Barca's players get frustrated when the cant break up strong defences while playing against top European teams...they got used to playing in Spanish league against teams that open their legs like Jenna Jameson...In spain teams hardly defend that why so many goals are scored there...

FCBarca
19 Sep 09, 23:17
Barca's players get frustrated when the cant break up strong defences while playing against top European teams...they got used to playing in Spanish league against teams that open their legs like Jenna Jameson...In spain teams hardly defend that why so many goals are scored there...

When you play 9-10 behind the ball, opponents will find it hard to score as well as be frustrated...Either you're playing football or you're playing scared is my take

Khaled
19 Sep 09, 23:22
When you are defendin with 9-10 that doesnt mean thats all what you are doing ALL the game.

Stefan
19 Sep 09, 23:23
When you play 9-10 behind the ball, opponents will find it hard to score as well as be frustrated...Either you're playing football or you're playing scared is my take

No you are just playing smart tactical football.;) Why would you go guns blazing when you know going that approach you will lose. Chelsea showed the way last season and the smart sides will copy that approach when playing barca. No side can barca currently as far as possession football goes so the smart move is defend diligently and hit them with a sucker punch either a counter or a set piece.

Rimpel
19 Sep 09, 23:26
saw his goal on youtube, he made that finish look rly easy. Good for him.

tritolone
20 Sep 09, 03:25

In the games that matter, it's better to win (or draw) playing "scared", than losing playing "nice"

Bessi
20 Sep 09, 08:23
Nicely done by Ibra. He had a fine game.

sergiu.inter
20 Sep 09, 10:17
are u guys ever gonna stop talking about this guy?!

caelestis
20 Sep 09, 12:46
are u guys ever gonna stop talking about this guy?!

Hmm let's see. Best scorer for Inter last three years, leading scorer in Italy last season, large part of last three Inter scudettos. Now playing in one of the worlds most famous teams and also in Inters CL group.

Conclusion: No, I don't think we will stop talking about Zlatan for quite some time, especially not in his own thread.

About last nights game: First half was really nice, second half Barca slacked off and they also stopped feeding balls to Zlatan, with most of the balls going to Messi and then nowhere or out to Alves. Maxwell was not as good this time as he was the last time. Lots of corners permitted by him that you normally expect Barca defenders to be able to avoid by smart passing. He also needs to be a bit more offensive buy I guess that is up to Pep to decide since I guess Maxwell is just doing what he is told to when it comes to postitioning. Same goes for Zlatan, but people don't seem to realise that. In the first half the position worked really nice (Zlatan hanging around jsut behind Atleticos defensive line and available for second wave passes that goes first to another playing running to come in behind the line as well). Second half it wasn't any real pressure which meant that Zlatan wasn't as involved. Still a nice lob to Messi before Messis magic when setting up Keita. You could also tell that Zlatan is slowly getting back to normal form in terms of running. He moves a lot more this match.

jayjay
21 Sep 09, 16:39
i still cant belive how bad we ripped off barca

FCBarca
21 Sep 09, 17:49
About last nights game: First half was really nice, second half Barca slacked off and they also stopped feeding balls to Zlatan, with most of the balls going to Messi and then nowhere or out to Alves. Maxwell was not as good this time as he was the last time. Lots of corners permitted by him that you normally expect Barca defenders to be able to avoid by smart passing. He also needs to be a bit more offensive buy I guess that is up to Pep to decide since I guess Maxwell is just doing what he is told to when it comes to postitioning. Same goes for Zlatan, but people don't seem to realise that. In the first half the position worked really nice (Zlatan hanging around jsut behind Atleticos defensive line and available for second wave passes that goes first to another playing running to come in behind the line as well). Second half it wasn't any real pressure which meant that Zlatan wasn't as involved. Still a nice lob to Messi before Messis magic when setting up Keita. You could also tell that Zlatan is slowly getting back to normal form in terms of running. He moves a lot more this match.

Good run down on Zlatan, I'd echo that...I think part of the problem in the 2nd half was the same that happens when the club gets up on the opposition, they get lazy and do not press forward or defend tightly...The other is that the back 4 really lacked much bite...Not only gave away corners cheaply but also were losing the ball more than I can recall in some time...A very sloppy match, IMHO...Strange to assess that after a 5-2 win but it was sloppy.

Credit to Atletic, however, as they came to play and earned their goals

Khaled
21 Sep 09, 17:52
Well considering you scored 5 offcourse you will say that.

FCBarca
21 Sep 09, 20:12
Well considering you scored 5 offcourse you will say that.

Everytime you step onto a pitch, one side may end up being better than the other...If you come to play, the cream will rise to the top as they say...Despite being on the losing end of 5-2, Atletic had plenty of legitimate chances to not only draw level but also go home with 3 pts...They simply didn't make the most of those chances, unlike Barca.

From a sporting perspective, IMHO, it was a balanced match in large portions.

Madrid did not play with fear and decided to come to play rather than park the bus...Against any side, irregardless of Barca, sometimes you win & sometimes you lose...And that, IMHO, is what sport is.

Khaled
22 Sep 09, 03:42
THat is your defenition, aside of how we played we still could have got the 3 points against you since we also had about 5 chances.

FCBarca
22 Sep 09, 04:41
THat is your defenition, aside of how we played we still could have got the 3 points against you since we also had about 5 chances.

I guess it boils down to perspective...On the one hand, some claim Inter had 5 chances and we're equal or better than Barca...On the other hand, some, like myself, would claim that I wouldn't have counted but perhaps 1 opportunity from Inter in that match as a legit shot on goal...Moreover, even claim that Barca was far and away in control & had the lion's share of legit chances on goal

My guess is that most fans/experts etc. would fall into the latter category

skeet
22 Sep 09, 06:34
barcelona were in total control against chelsea during both CL legs last season but i don't think the majority of fans/experts think barcelona were the better team even though they had like 70% possession and chelsea had 5 shots on goal over both legs

Luka
22 Sep 09, 15:21
Either you're playing football or you're playing scared is my take
The funny thing is, that if there would be a team with even better controll of the ball than you, your exact Barca team would do the same thing as top teams are doing against you. Deffend, because you wouldn't be able to controll the ball as much, and sooner or later, you would have to give away the initiative to the opposition. I wonder what would you say then.

I'm sure you would like everybody to copy Atletico style. Fortunetly, not everybody is as dumb.

Funny thing is that:
- while Xavi was happy at the way Atletico played, and nobody will bash them for not playing deffensive football
- at the same time everybody will feel sorry for Atletico seeing that result

Xavi was unhappy about us, and yet we got a point. See any corelation here ? :>

FCBarca
22 Sep 09, 16:20
The funny thing is, that if there would be a team with even better controll of the ball than you, your exact Barca team would do the same thing as top teams are doing against you. Deffend, because you wouldn't be able to controll the ball as much, and sooner or later, you would have to give away the initiative to the opposition. I wonder what would you say then.

That's your opinion but one I would wholeheartedly disagree with...Barca wants to win but believe the best way to win is to play the Cruyff way, the Barca way...I've been watching Barca for nearly a decade and I can't recall a time they played 10 behind the ball...Rijkaard may have come close on an occasion but Pep would never play that way....At the end of the day, getting beaten by a better side is how the results should be, non?

I'm sure you would like everybody to copy Atletico style. Fortunetly, not everybody is as dumb.

Not dumb but not football either...Football is the beautiful game not for reasons like parking the bus...I would like any side Barca faces to come to play...I'd think the same way if I was playing with my mates and we faced a side who decided to park the bus as well...Either come to play or don't come at all....You might as well just line up your whole side in the net and stand there for 90 minutes.

Funny thing is that:
- while Xavi was happy at the way Atletico played, and nobody will bash them for not playing deffensive football
- at the same time everybody will feel sorry for Atletico seeing that result

Xavi was unhappy about us, and yet we got a point. See any corelation here ? :>

There were no moral victories was the sentiment from the Atletico players after the match but they had their chances, truth be told...Chances that easily could've seen them get a draw or even 3pts...They were quite good winning the ball back and beating the offside trap...A side that decides to come to play, even in defeat, IMHO because they at least came in thinking they 'could' win whereas the bus parkers go in believeing they will lose if they play football...Where's the honor or sporstmanship in that?

Jimmy Page
22 Sep 09, 16:29
You should take it as a compliment how teams like Chelsea and Inter play against you, because if they/we would try to attack Barcelona those teams would lose. Football is a beautiful game, but the game is about who scores the most wins, not about who plays the best.

FCBarca
22 Sep 09, 16:42
You should take it as a compliment how teams like Chelsea and Inter play against you, because if they/we would try to attack Barcelona those teams would lose. Football is a beautiful game, but the game is about who scores the most wins, not about who plays the best wins.

Unintentionally, this seems to have gone off on a tangent so I won't belabor this pt. as it's off topic...I'll finish with this.

I certainly don't take it as a compliment to Barca...I honestly just see fear when I see that...Fear to play and the hope that maybe one might be able to nick a goal on a chance counter.

Watching Barca have to play that tika taka passing outside the area where there are 11 men sitting in there is hardly a compliment or enjoyable for anyone involved...I can't imagine the defenders are enjoying it, I know the Barca players aren't enjoying it and as a fan I can't think of anything more boring to watch than that.

Racing, Barca's Liga opponent today is typically an open attacking side...A side that is dwarfed by Barca's talent & budget...Yet, last season, they played both encounters to win...They did not sit back and defend 9 or 10 behind the ball...They drew at Camp Nou and lost by a goal at the Sardinero...And all I recall was how spirited their efforts were...I have respect for that...Win, lose or draw, as a fan, I want to see the beautiful game being played.

Some of you Inter fans were blasting Bari and their tactics but seemed to have no problem employing it themselves...It's just my contention that playing that way signals you are inferior and you won't 'play' but hope for an error, mistake or lucky bounce to put one in a position on a counter to nick a goal.

At the end of the day, it boils down to this: Would you rather watch your club team sit back and defend with 10 behind the ball or watch them play some football, win/lose/draw?

vitomins
22 Sep 09, 17:40
At the end of the day, it boils down to this: Would you rather watch your club team sit back and defend with 10 behind the ball or watch them play some football, win/lose/draw?

Whichever one leads to a win...

JohnTheBaptist
22 Sep 09, 21:29
Wow, man he is raping R.Sant at the moment.
He is just too good against this kind of teams, and as we all know... too weak against big clubs.

Rimpel
22 Sep 09, 21:33
did you see his backheel to pique's goal? 5 defenders totally lost at the same time, looked hilarious :lol: but seriously, defence in la liga is shiiit.

JohnTheBaptist
22 Sep 09, 21:37
Yes i did.
He is in the mood, how come he cant play like that against better teams? Its a psychological problem i guess, he need a proper motivation. All coocky like i'm the best i dont need to prove anything.

Alex de Large
22 Sep 09, 21:39
Oh man, he will finish scoring 35 goals this season if keep it up.

Rimpel
22 Sep 09, 21:43
Yes i did.
He is in the mood, how come he cant play like that against better teams? Its a psychological problem i guess, he need a proper motivation. All coocky like i'm the best i dont need to prove anything.

like I said in another thread, let half a season go before we pass judgement on that.

Bessi
22 Sep 09, 21:51
That assist to Pique was class. :star:

FCBarca
22 Sep 09, 22:19
did you see his backheel to pique's goal? 5 defenders totally lost at the same time, looked hilarious :lol: but seriously, defence in la liga is shiiit.

Sure, if you compare 4 defenders to 9 or 10 then yeah, they look poor by comparison :rollani:

Alessandro
22 Sep 09, 22:22
Ibra is doing well... good on him.

caelestis
22 Sep 09, 23:03
Zlatan injured. I hope it's nothing serious because this match was his best so far in Barca! Sweden also needs him in their must-win-game vs Denmark in two weeks.

J zanetti
22 Sep 09, 23:05
Based on reports from reliable swedish sites Ibra just made history in Barca by being the first new player managing to score in his first 4 league games :star: Grande Ibra ;)

Xoonky
22 Sep 09, 23:10
God damn! I don't want him to succeed!

mournickio
22 Sep 09, 23:21
God damn! I don't want him to succeed!

Will see if he succeeds against the big Spanish teams and in CL.To score goals with such a creative squad is the minimum u expect from a striker.

Stefan
23 Sep 09, 00:23
Unintentionally, this seems to have gone off on a tangent so I won't belabor this pt. as it's off topic...I'll finish with this.

I certainly don't take it as a compliment to Barca...I honestly just see fear when I see that...Fear to play and the hope that maybe one might be able to nick a goal on a chance counter.

Watching Barca have to play that tika taka passing outside the area where there are 11 men sitting in there is hardly a compliment or enjoyable for anyone involved...I can't imagine the defenders are enjoying it, I know the Barca players aren't enjoying it and as a fan I can't think of anything more boring to watch than that.

Racing, Barca's Liga opponent today is typically an open attacking side...A side that is dwarfed by Barca's talent & budget...Yet, last season, they played both encounters to win...They did not sit back and defend 9 or 10 behind the ball...They drew at Camp Nou and lost by a goal at the Sardinero...And all I recall was how spirited their efforts were...I have respect for that...Win, lose or draw, as a fan, I want to see the beautiful game being played.

Some of you Inter fans were blasting Bari and their tactics but seemed to have no problem employing it themselves...It's just my contention that playing that way signals you are inferior and you won't 'play' but hope for an error, mistake or lucky bounce to put one in a position on a counter to nick a goal.

I would rather win. Whether that means defending for 90 minutes and grabbing a counterattack goal in 95 minute or playing the other side of the park and winning 5-0 it doesn't matter to me. What matters is winning .

skeet
23 Sep 09, 03:44
i don't think any fan would rather see the his team attack and lose rather than park the bus and get a 1-0 win or a draw

had inter scored one of their half chances i think they would have fully deserved 3 points

FCBarca
23 Sep 09, 06:39
i don't think any fan would rather see the his team attack and lose rather than park the bus and get a 1-0 win or a draw

had inter scored one of their half chances i think they would have fully deserved 3 points

Depends on the fans...Ask an English or Serie A fan, perhaps...Ask a Liga fan, I doubt it...Everyone wants to win but some of us support winning while playing...Parking the bus isn't playing for a lot of us out there

FCBarca
23 Sep 09, 06:41
Based on reports from reliable swedish sites Ibra just made history in Barca by being the first new player managing to score in his first 4 league games :star: Grande Ibra ;)

Could've scored a couple extra too...His backheel assist to Pique was a beauty while he was draped by 5 defenders...Class

It does appear, however, that he may not make it 5 for 5 as he's questionable for the Malaga match on Saturday (Ankle).

Ehsan
23 Sep 09, 07:56

This argument is getting off-topic and the same points are being repeated, but I just want to say once again that Spanish fans in general prefer a more beautiful game over results.

That was the major reason (among other things) that Capello was sacked 2 years ago from Real, even though he brought them the league after 4 years of no trophies. Even Real's president said "we needed a more enthusiastic way of playing." The fans didn't care about his results, they were disgusted by his tactics, and they got him sacked.

I'm sure FCBarca feels the same way, and if Barcelona needed a draw against Real Madrid to win the league someday, they would still play their attacking game instead of defending, even if it means they might concede and lose the title.

Karim
23 Sep 09, 11:54
Just saw this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_(football)

So now he is the second most expensive transfer in football history, that' ssome good money

vitomins
23 Sep 09, 13:57
Just saw this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_(football)

So now he is the second most expensive transfer in football history, that' ssome good money

What do you mean now? Hasn't it been that way since the transfer went through a month ago?

shahz_nerazzurri
23 Sep 09, 13:59
And I am guessing if the currency is changed to Cuban Pesos or Qatari Dinars, he may even be the highest transfer of all time. Thats really good money.

skeet
23 Sep 09, 15:47
And I am guessing if the currency is changed to Cuban Pesos or Qatari Dinars, he may even be the highest transfer of all time. Thats really good money.

how the hell would that work :lol:

UhUhOleguer
23 Sep 09, 16:11

yessir

he achieved something neither Kubala, Suarez, Cruyff, Romario, Ronaldo, Lineker, Eto'o or anyone else achieved.

The more I watch him, the more I see his brilliance. He suits us perfect because just like the rest of the team he loves to play and he offers us whole new tactical possibilities, like goals from headers, presence, holding the ball for the midfield to arrive etc.

He is unfreakingbelievable!

Energy
23 Sep 09, 17:22
I just want to say once again that Spanish fans in general prefer a more beautiful game over results.

So if a Spanish club played beautifully year in and year out in the CL but never made it passed the group stages even when expected to..........................Spanish fans wouldn't care? I don't know about all that.....

lonewolf19
23 Sep 09, 17:35
He is doing really well at La Liga. Keep it up Ibra

FCBarca
23 Sep 09, 17:43
This argument is getting off-topic and the same points are being repeated, but I just want to say once again that Spanish fans in general prefer a more beautiful game over results.

That was the major reason (among other things) that Capello was sacked 2 years ago from Real, even though he brought them the league after 4 years of no trophies. Even Real's president said "we needed a more enthusiastic way of playing." The fans didn't care about his results, they were disgusted by his tactics, and they got him sacked.

I'm sure FCBarca feels the same way, and if Barcelona needed a draw against Real Madrid to win the league someday, they would still play their attacking game instead of defending, even if it means they might concede and lose the title.

Ehsan aghah, you are spot on...You feel me dog :thumbsup:

J zanetti
23 Sep 09, 18:03
yessir

he achieved something neither Kubala, Suarez, Cruyff, Romario, Ronaldo, Lineker, Eto'o or anyone else achieved.

The more I watch him, the more I see his brilliance. He suits us perfect because just like the rest of the team he loves to play and he offers us whole new tactical possibilities, like goals from headers, presence, holding the ball for the midfield to arrive etc.

He is unfreakingbelievable!
Having watched him week in week for the past few years I knew he would kick some serious a$$ in Spain. As I said earlier he gives a whole new dimension to your game which I'm sure was the main reason Pep wanting his at Barca (possibly not the main reason for him wanting away though hehe)
To sum the guy is more than one player and with the type of players around him things can only get better for you guys! ;)

Luka
23 Sep 09, 19:41
He did great versus who ?

Well, that's some news I got to tell ya.

Tell me something I don't know. We all know where he struggles, and where he has to show his worth. This is nothing new he shows briliance versus Cagliari, Torino and Livorno. This is where the brilliance works.

Versus Chelsea etc. Briliance doesn't work. Efficiency and simple stuff works in those games, because there was no other player like Maradonna(Messi close) who could do the same things they do on a regular basis, versus the best deffenders. Currently there is no player like that, even though Messi is the best in the pack.

UhUhOleguer
23 Sep 09, 20:03
Having watched him week in week for the past few years I knew he would kick some serious a$$ in Spain. As I said earlier he gives a whole new dimension to your game which I'm sure was the main reason Pep wanting his at Barca (possibly not the main reason for him wanting away though hehe)
To sum the guy is more than one player and with the type of players around him things can only get better for you guys! ;)

maybe the most important aspect is that they are not used AT ALL to defend a guy like him with our team. They may try to force him away from the penalty area but no problem, drops to midfield and you have Messi and henry going 1 on 1 against defenders. May try to double mark him, well, what are you going to do with Messi and Henry. Double mark Messi and play 1on1 vs. Ibra..well..good luck beating him in headers and physical power you dwarfs. :D

And his movement is only getting better too.

Suneet
23 Sep 09, 20:46
He will break his champions league duck, I'm a fan, but with the team he has, he will have too many chances to score. I wish him luck and lets hope Eto'o does the same. He is now fitting in at Barca.

Energy
23 Sep 09, 23:36
There was no doubt in my mind Ibra would do well at Barcelona. I mean, it's Ibra...lol

Interista Gallese
24 Sep 09, 00:02
What a joy it is to watch Diego Milito after this guy. Ibra was all about himself. Milito seems to me to be a better player and yet has no ego about him and is completely team-focussed.

Vybz Kartel
24 Sep 09, 02:32
And it was said we needed Cassano because Eto'o and Milito couldn't play together. True their chemistry isn't 100%, but it certainly isn't as of they're 2 players who have only played about 10 games together. These guys really compliment each other perfectly.

FCBarca
24 Sep 09, 02:41
And it was said we needed Cassano because Eto'o and Milito couldn't play together. True their chemistry isn't 100%, but it certainly isn't as of they're 2 players who have only played about 10 games together. These guys really compliment each other perfectly.

It's mainly, IMHO, the result of having both played in La Liga...I'm sure there's an understanding of styles there that allows for the synergy

Energy
24 Sep 09, 03:09
Cassano or Ibra with either Eto'o and Milito would be great imho.

Also I'd like to randomly say since we are talking about Barcelona, we need to find a left back like Abidal. He may not be the best in the world but he's so God damn consistent, he's big and he's pretty damn smart.

Anyways, Barcelona is a team with a bunch of players that are great dibblers, so I think Ibra said it himself in an interview that it will take him time to adjust to that because he's to having the ball logged to him and creating something.

blackmore
24 Sep 09, 03:50
wow were still on this guys nuts???

Energy
24 Sep 09, 05:58
wow were still on this guys nuts???

Coming from someone who has Ronaldo as 1 of his favorite Inter players.......

Interista Gallese
24 Sep 09, 11:23

I was one of the those who said this but am happy to say I was completely wrong, particularly about Milito, he is brilliant and has such a wonderful attitude towards the team which Ibraegovic never had.

jayjay
24 Sep 09, 22:50
plus millito appears in more big games

Luka
25 Sep 09, 07:19
What a joy it is to watch Diego Milito after this guy. Ibra was all about himself. Milito seems to me to be a better player and yet has no ego about him and is completely team-focussed.
:star:

He will break his champions league duck, I'm a fan, but with the team he has, he will have too many chances to score.
And how many chances Barca had last year to score against Chelsea ?

The "many chances" trick only works, when Barca is playing versus a weak team, or versus a better team who is stupid and plays open football with Barca.

If you have top team, with top deffensive organisation, Ibra won't have 10 chances to score. He will have 1 and he will have to bury that goal. We all know he is not that guy.

If Ibra was in Eto'o place when he scored the first goal versus Man Utd, he would do a flick, tulupe, spin around, put the ball under his legs, over the head, do a backheel - and send it to the stands 20 m off the goal.

This is a difference. Eto'o scores simple goals, Ibra can't score simple goals, Jose said it himself.

Fitzy
25 Sep 09, 09:37
There was no doubt in my mind that he would settle in well at Barca. I'm happy for him in that sense. He still hasn't got rid of the big-game choker tag people have put on him though I think he might do something about that soon. We'll get more of an idea when they come up against Real and us again later on.

That flick to Pique the other day was class.

Suneet
25 Sep 09, 10:24
:star:

And how many chances Barca had last year to score against Chelsea ?

Not that I hate Eto'o and love Ibra too much, but you also have to ask yourself, how many chances can Eto'o create by himself? Compare that to what Ibra can do when the opposition is marking Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Henry?

FCBarca
25 Sep 09, 18:11
Not that I hate Eto'o and love Ibra too much, but you also have to ask yourself, how many chances can Eto'o create by himself? Compare that to what Ibra can do when the opposition is marking Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Henry?

As Fonzie would say, Exactamundo...THAT is where a player like Ibra brings something different to the table for Barca...When the bus is parked, the hope is that Zlatan will be the bus breaker

Toninu
25 Sep 09, 18:18
Am I the only one who's sick about all this God damn talk about public transport :P

maxw
25 Sep 09, 18:20
Yeah me too. I thought that the reason why Barca signed Henrique Buss was to stop this nonsense :P

FCBarca
25 Sep 09, 19:41
Zlatana has been included in the squad list for the Malaga match tomorrow by Pep...Means he's clear to play from that ankle issue he had...Not sure if he plays 90 let alone starts but that's welcome news...5 for 5?

caelestis
25 Sep 09, 22:38
i still cant belive how bad we ripped off barca

I think both teams got what they wanted for a fair price. Inter improved the most off course but that's because Barca couldn't improve much in the first place.

Vybz Kartel
26 Sep 09, 00:02
I think both teams got what they wanted for a fair price. Inter improved the most off course but that's because Barca couldn't improve much in the first place.

Stop fooling yourself. Barcelona was ripped off badly with this deal. Ibra and Eto'o are only seven months apart in age and are definitely not 46 million euros different in value.

Inter have most definitely imrpoved but it's yet to be seen whether this deal has left them at perfection or added a blemish to it.

FCBarca
26 Sep 09, 00:23
Stop fooling yourself. Barcelona was ripped off badly with this deal. Ibra and Eto'o are only seven months apart in age and are definitely not 46 million euros different in value.

Inter have most definitely imrpoved but it's yet to be seen whether this deal has left them at perfection or added a blemish to it.

You're demonstrating a lack of knowledge about the particulars of the deal

Xoonky
26 Sep 09, 01:41

Actually, to be honest he does have a point, a very good one too.
The difference between Eto'o and Ibra is really not 46 milion euros or whatever exact price it had. Okay well, i know Eto'o was on the last year of his contract, but we could say the same about Ibra, he was all into leaving the club, he had lost motivation for Inter and teh same applies to him.
Unless Ibra does some magic in big matches where it matters (different from his usual self), i really cannot see how Barca became better with him? In fact, i think on the long term they will be hurting more.

FCBarca
26 Sep 09, 02:28
The issue of which player makes Barca better in the long run or not isn't really a basis to make a comparison...As I mentioned before, this swap was not all about getting a different sort of striker for the parked bus opponents...There was more beneath the surface that would be far too lengthy (And boring for most of you I'm sure) to get into here...Suffice it to say, there's a history of discontent between the club & Samu for a variety of reasons...It wasn't necessarily untenable but in the last year of his contract, the writing was on the wall that the player would not be resigning with Barca.

So, you either let the player walk for free the following summer and have to pony up big money for a new striker...A striker in a market where they wouldn't necessarily be alone in the bidding (i.e. that price could escalate out of control).

The last substantial offer Barca made for David Villa was for €50million was turned down by a club whose finances were in disarray (And for a player who openly wanted to go to Barca)...In many ways, IMHO, there are similarities between Villa & Eto'O.

There are, however, differences between Samu & Ibra...Being the alternate to Villa, the deal for Ibra made sense for a lot of reasons regardless of whether or not, on balance, it was the financially soundest move to make with the transfer season all but ended.

Ibra was a player in a contract, a 5 year contract with Inter...Buying a player while in a contract as opposed to one in the end of the contract is a night & day situation...Ibra's value was going to always be much higher in that scenario rather than had he been in his final year...Just the way transfers go.

So, €46 million plus the valuation of Eto'O at €20million worked out both financially and tactically...Could they have gotten a better deal?...Sure...But all things considered, it was a good move for Barca, IMHO...And that's the sentiment of most analyzing Barca's transfers.

FCBarca
26 Sep 09, 19:55
5 for 5 for the Swede

Vybz Kartel
26 Sep 09, 20:01

The particulars don't matter at all as Inter were able to get a better more team oriented player and 46 million euros + for a lazy, self obsessed player who thought he was higher than the team.

All you're doing is over complicating a deal adding a whole bunch of irrelevant points to make it appear as if Barca made a good deal. In the end all that remains is that Barca paid 46 million euros+ and Eto'o for a player who is not 46 million euros better than Eto'o.

caelestis
26 Sep 09, 23:12
Zlatan >>> Eto'o in advertisement value = 46 million won't be 46 million in the end.

ps. 5 games 5 goals.

FCBarca
26 Sep 09, 23:29
The particulars don't matter at all as Inter were able to get a better more team oriented player and 46 million euros + for a lazy, self obsessed player who thought he was higher than the team.

All you're doing is over complicating a deal adding a whole bunch of irrelevant points to make it appear as if Barca made a good deal. In the end all that remains is that Barca paid 46 million euros+ and Eto'o for a player who is not 46 million euros better than Eto'o.

All it sounds like you're doing is overlooking logic and perseverating over an emotional point...For me, logic > emotion everytime

skyline1908
26 Sep 09, 23:31
It is not 46 milion!

51m + Eto'o,becouse A. Hleb has joined Stuttgart.

shahz_nerazzurri
26 Sep 09, 23:32
No he isnt. Apart from the dumb swedish fan boys, Zlatan doesnt really have that much appeal around the world. His endorsements and shirtsales etc, come no where close to C.Ronaldo, Kaka, Gerrard, Rooney, Messi, Totti etc etc.

So say there is a big difference in advertisment value between is pretty hilarious.

madrid_moose
26 Sep 09, 23:44
It is not 46 milion!

51m + Eto'o,becouse A. Hleb has joined Stuttgart.

I don't know where you heard that, but I'm sure the Italian media tells its fans what they want to hear.

It was 43 + 3 = 46 + Eto'o for Ibrahimovic. The 3 million was paid for part of Hleb's contract (i.e. Inter gets 3 million towards an attacking player that they needed). Barcelona was going to loan out Hleb for free anyway even if it wasn't to Inter. After Hleb refused Inter Barca paid Inter the 3 million anyway as a payment instead of paying for part of Hleb's salary. The final value was still 46 + Eto'o.

Think about it, why would Barcelona pay 3 million for Hleb not going to Inter but also pay 3 million for Hleb's salary if he's not going to Inter? But you can believe whatever you want to believe. I'm sure the Inter homers here will try to tell you it's 50 million + Eto'o but that doesn't make any sense.

rfU
26 Sep 09, 23:59
Damn, scored again today. We need to beat Barca in the return leg. We can't let Ibra get away with it. why should he be happy and not us

Vybz Kartel
27 Sep 09, 00:15
Zlatan >>> Eto'o in advertisement value = 46 million won't be 46 million in the end.

ps. 5 games 5 goals.
Give me one piece of evidence that supports this. Or are you going to what your favorite clothing store in Sweden says?

No he isnt. Apart from the dumb swedish fan boys, Zlatan doesnt really have that much appeal around the world. His endorsements and shirtsales etc, come no where close to C.Ronaldo, Kaka, Gerrard, Rooney, Messi, Totti etc etc.

So say there is a big difference in advertisment value between is pretty hilarious.

I wholeheartedly agree. And addition I seriously don't even think he even outsells Eto'o.

Vybz Kartel
27 Sep 09, 00:18
I don't know where you heard that, but I'm sure the Italian media tells its fans what they want to hear.

It was 43 + 3 = 46 + Eto'o for Ibrahimovic. The 3 million was paid for part of Hleb's contract (i.e. Inter gets 3 million towards an attacking player that they needed). Barcelona was going to loan out Hleb for free anyway even if it wasn't to Inter. After Hleb refused Inter Barca paid Inter the 3 million anyway as a payment instead of paying for part of Hleb's salary. The final value was still 46 + Eto'o.

Think about it, why would Barcelona pay 3 million for Hleb not going to Inter but also pay 3 million for Hleb's salary if he's not going to Inter? But you can believe whatever you want to believe. I'm sure the Inter homers here will try to tell you it's 50 million + Eto'o but that doesn't make any sense.

Gee another Spanish know it all. Just what we needed here. :rollani:

All it sounds like you're doing is overlooking logic and perseverating over an emotional point...For me, logic > emotion everytime
Logics? What logic? Does logic change the fact that Eto'o has had a better career than Ibra. Does it change the fact that Inter able to by half a new team in the summer ans as a result of that sale still make a profit? You can list me 100 more of your paragraph long logistical points it still won't change the fact that Barca were ripped off and unless that cheque that La Porta wrote Moratti was fraudulent then so it will stay.

FCBarca
27 Sep 09, 00:48
Logics? What logic?

The logical argument I made that refuted the claim that it was somehow 'highway robbery' in the deal that saw the players swap shirts...I've seen no answer to that logic.

Does logic change the fact that Eto'o has had a better career than Ibra.

This is a subjective point to try and prove...You can base it on goals, you could base it on trophies and yes, Eto'O appears the 'better' player...However, since this isn't Playstation, there's more that goes into determining a player's value, particularly to a specific club...I've never once talked down Eto'O's quality as a striker not that I'd need to in order to compliment Ibra...One doesn't require negating the other.

Does it change the fact that Inter able to by half a new team in the summer ans as a result of that sale still make a profit?

Barca are a profitable club and are in the black...Plus, they happened to win the last 5 trophies that were up for grabs...Sounds like they're doing fine...Inter gets a great player in Samu, less reliance on one player in Ibra and a nice chunk of change as well...Sounds like win-win...Except you need to try and bully your way into Barca getting the short end of the stick...It's early in the season but Barca look to be doing fine with Ibra just as Inter is with Samu.

You can list me 100 more of your paragraph long logistical points it still won't change the fact that Barca were ripped off and unless that cheque that La Porta wrote Moratti was fraudulent then so it will stay.

I see, it's comprehension that's a problem...Plus the much vaunted tactic of clasping your hands over your ears, stomping on the ground and screaming la la la la 'I'm right'...Works like a charm, certainly more than a logical debate :rollani:

caelestis
27 Sep 09, 02:00
Heh, I was about to answer some of the silly things people write but FCBarca is doing a good job so I just say that I wholeheartedly agree with him :) It's funny how big the difference is between this forum and the Barca forum that I now write at mostly. Much more negativism here. Same goes for the Real Madrid forums and english forums. Lots of haters while there's mostly really nice talk in the Barca forum. PErhaps because the fans are really happy with their team and don't feel the need to talk smack about others.

FCBarca
27 Sep 09, 02:06
Heh, I was about to answer some of the silly things people write but FCBarca is doing a good job so I just say that I wholeheartedly agree with him :) It's funny how big the difference is between this forum and the Barca forum that I now write at mostly. Much more negativism here. Same goes for the Real Madrid forums and english forums. Lots of haters while there's mostly really nice talk in the Barca forum. PErhaps because the fans are really happy with their team and don't feel the need to talk smack about others.

Heh heh...That's probably an accurate observation...The Barca forum I frequent is definitely a friendly lot, even before all the success started building...Pretty respectful even when we disagreed which, I assure you, happens a lot...There is a fair amount of vitriol in a lot of forums I've seen, not just here...It does surprise me as you'd think that fans could engage in these topics without getting too bent out of shape...But, yeah, winning is a great tonic - that's true...I suppose if we were constantly in RM's shadow, perhaps there'd be more arguing/bickering.

There's a good number of posters in here though which brings me back, not just because of my interest in the former Barca players...Plus, Inter has been entertaining to watch...Until recently, I had sort of given up on Serie A - glad I'm checking it out more

caelestis
27 Sep 09, 02:20
Give me one piece of evidence that supports this. Or are you going to what your favorite clothing store in Sweden says?

Going by logic reasoning in terms of what companys sponsor them, nike vs puma and in what parts of the world they are most popular, europe vs africa. I think it would be hard to find any hard facts about it. Then again if you think they are worth the same in terms of advertisement as you say then you are either saying that FC Barcelona don't know what they're doing in terms of selling/buying players or that you are wrong and Barca do know what they are doing. What do you think is most probable ;)

Vybz Kartel
27 Sep 09, 04:15
Going by logic reasoning in terms of what companys sponsor them, nike vs puma and in what parts of the world they are most popular, europe vs africa. I think it would be hard to find any hard facts about it. Then again if you think they are worth the same in terms of advertisement as you say then you are either saying that FC Barcelona don't know what they're doing in terms of selling/buying players or that you are wrong and Barca do know what they are doing. What do you think is most probable ;)

Brands have nothing to do with shirt sales when it comes to players as some of the world's most marketable players aren't even Nike sponsored. Also, using continents is even more ridiculous as it implies that only Europeans by Ibra's shirts and only Africans by Eto'o's. If a player is popular people will buy his shirts no matter what brand he has or what continent he hails from.

The only reason Barca spent so much was because Madrid was doing it and they didn't want to be upstaged by Madrid mega signings so they made on of their own. It had nothing to do with the fact that Ibra would make them 46 million Euros during the course of his contract. Ibra is not the 10th most marketable player in the world so I don't see how he would make his club that much money.

FCBarca
27 Sep 09, 05:11
Barca bad, Inter good...How's that?...Better?

Energy
27 Sep 09, 05:39
FCBarca quit arguing with these guys it's not worth it.

Why the hell would you guys wish upon Ibrahimovic's downfall at Barcelona? 1st of all, he's world class, there is no way he wasn't going to do good, and 2nd, that's like Barcelona fans wishing upon Eto'o's downfall at Inter. How would you guys feel if Eto'o who is making 10 million+ decided to just suck? Please.....

jayjay
27 Sep 09, 09:45

ps. 5 games 5 goals.

diego millito has 5 goals as well you know

when the big games come most of us knows what will happen to barcas zlatan

addo
27 Sep 09, 11:15
There are plenty of chicks here that got dumped by their popular ex-boyfriend for a hotter chick... And acting thereafter...

Be happy about your new boyfriend instead of stalking your hotter ex..?

caelestis
27 Sep 09, 11:32
text

OK, I see that the only thing we can agree on is to disagree so lets leave it at that because this is a waste of my time. Just a note, Zlatan was 6th in commercial value in the world in 2006. You think he is worth more or less than that in 2009? ;)

Vybz Kartel
27 Sep 09, 13:21
OK, I see that the only thing we can agree on is to disagree so lets leave it at that because this is a waste of my time. Just a note, Zlatan was 6th in commercial value in the world in 2006. You think he is worth more or less than that in 2009? ;)
Less.

lonewolf19
27 Sep 09, 15:59
looks like Zlatan cant stop scoring yet

Ziyad
27 Sep 09, 16:09
He will reach 30 easy..With that midfield and the defences of La Liga and staying injury free you can bet on it.

shahz_nerazzurri
27 Sep 09, 18:25

No he isnt, stop pulling things out of your ass. You raise your commercial value by usually performing in big tournaments like CL and WC (or being english). And we all know what happens to Zlatan in the big tournaments.

Last year Cannavaro had more commercial value than Zlatan. This is exactly why despite being the highest paid player with us for two years, he was never in the top 10 list for highest earners in football.

caelestis
27 Sep 09, 23:07
No he isnt, stop pulling things out of your ass. You raise your commercial value by usually performing in big tournaments like CL and WC (or being english). And we all know what happens to Zlatan in the big tournaments.

Last year Cannavaro had more commercial value than Zlatan. This is exactly why despite being the highest paid player with us for two years, he was never in the top 10 list for highest earners in football.

We were not comparing him to any other player than Eto'o. Also, you think he is worth less in 2009 than in 2006 after winning scudettos three years in a row and also scoring title in Italy last year and now playing in arguably the worlds best team? Also don't know here you got your facts but according to france football and goal (although I dont trust goal hat much I have to say) Ibra is 7th in the world atm.

Vybz Kartel
28 Sep 09, 02:06
We were not comparing him to any other player than Eto'o. Also, you think he is worth less in 2009 than in 2006 after winning scudettos three years in a row and also scoring title in Italy last year and now playing in arguably the worlds best team? Also don't know here you got your facts but according to france football and goal (although I dont trust goal hat much I have to say) Ibra is 7th in the world atm.
The way you post you definitely show that you are posting out of your ass by using assumptions that because Ibra won this and that he will go up in the list. That's not how it works. By the way you said he was 6th in 2006 I said he would be lower in 2009 and you said he was 7th so he was still lower.:rollani:

And you were correct France Football had him listed at 7th. Here's the list:
1. David Beckham (Milan): 32.4 million
2. Lionel Messi (Barcellona): 28.6 million
3. Ronaldinho (Milan): 19.6 million
4. Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United): 18.3 million
5. Thierry Henry (Barcelona): 17 million
6. Kaka (Milan): 15.1 million
7. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Inter): 14 million
8. Wayne Rooney (Manchester United): 13.5 million
9. Frank Lampard (Chelsea): 13 million
10. John Terry (Chelsea): 11.7 million

In 2008, Ibra was the highest paid player earning 12 million. And the list has him earning a mere 2 million not including his contract. 2 million is a far cry from the 46 million he is supposedly going to make Barca through advertising or whatever you call it. But let's give you the benefit of the doubt and assume Inter owned 60% of his rights and he got 40%(which I highly doubt) it's that still only equates to 5 million a year.

caelestis
28 Sep 09, 10:31
more text and a misquote

I asked if you thought he was worth more or less now compared to 2006. You said less. It was 2 million more. There was never a question of "is he higher or lower in the list". Stop making things up.

Anyway this is a waste of time for both of us like I said earlier. Have fun and good luck to your favourite players whoever they are.

caelestis
28 Sep 09, 10:49
Back to Zlatan. Anyone know how Dynamo Kiev plays defensively? Normally I'd expect eastern european teams to have tall players in defense which would make it harder for Barca in the air compared to normal small Spanish players (luckily they have Zlatan now though who adds height). I really hope for a goal or two from Zlatan since he haven't scored many goals in CL ever since Inter was eliminated when he was leading the scoring in CL.

FCBarca
28 Sep 09, 15:58
Hard to say how Kiev intend to play at the Camp Nou but they're not usually a defensive side

One thing is for certain, with Thierry out with injury, Zlatan will have plenty of chances to build a CL resume

Suneet
28 Sep 09, 17:22
Zlatan's fingernail can do more than Beckham. Only thing Beckham has is workrate. How he earns 32.5 mil is a mystery to me.

Anyways, FCBarcu, Ibra's problem is not the group stages, its the knockouts.

FCBarca
28 Sep 09, 18:03
Zlatan's fingernail can do more than Beckham. Only thing Beckham has is workrate. How he earns 32.5 mil is a mystery to me.

Anyways, FCBarcu, Ibra's problem is not the group stages, its the knockouts.

Amazing to see Becks at the top of that list still...Over the hill, one trick pony (Albeit terrific crosses) and plying his trade in the MLS...Amazing.

As for Zlatan, we'll see. although I'm not honestly too concerned about his CL record...I tend to think that as a tournament progresses, whomever is the focal point ends up getting the bulk of the attention of the defense & tactics...Perhaps that figured into Ibra's past, I don't know...That won't be the case with Barca where it will be difficult to focus on just one player or tactic

caelestis
28 Sep 09, 22:58
As for Zlatan, we'll see. although I'm not honestly too concerned about his CL record...I tend to think that as a tournament progresses, whomever is the focal point ends up getting the bulk of the attention of the defense & tactics...Perhaps that figured into Ibra's past, I don't know...That won't be the case with Barca where it will be difficult to focus on just one player or tactic

Yup, I guess it's hard to do the back heel to a free player with five opponents around you when you are the only player in your team in the penalty area :)

shahz_nerazzurri
28 Sep 09, 23:08
I know, and its equally hard to tap in a goal from two metres with no goal keeper in sight.

Universe
29 Sep 09, 06:23
As Fonzie would say, Exactamundo...THAT is where a player like Ibra brings something different to the table for Barca...When the bus is parked, the hope is that Zlatan will be the bus breaker

You paid 65million for a bus breaker?

Universe
29 Sep 09, 06:34

I'm not trying to hound you and argue every word you say, just trying to fill in some gaps in my knowledge, but isn't that contradictory of the whole argument a few pages earlier? about winning at all costs not matter how ugly, and against playing attractive, fluid football?

FCBarca
29 Sep 09, 12:59
I'm not trying to hound you and argue every word you say, just trying to fill in some gaps in my knowledge, but isn't that contradictory of the whole argument a few pages earlier? about winning at all costs not matter how ugly, and against playing attractive, fluid football?

Depends on whether logically one views negative football as football...I don't...It's called anti football for a reason...Although, ultimately, you're comparing apples to oranges here.

Pep said it best leading up to the CL Final...The Cruyfff model is the Barca model...It's the way Barca plays and it's the way that gives the best chances for a side to win as well as win attractively...Winning is important but it's the belief that this style gives Barca the best shot at winning.

FCBarca
29 Sep 09, 13:06
You paid 65million for a bus breaker?

I paid nothing...I just continue to see a circular argument here....I see a solvent club that has added a weapon that gives that a tactical edge over the side they had last season - a season where they won every competition they entered...Try & enjoy Samu in the meantime without feeling the need to hate on the state of Barca & Ibra

Karim
29 Sep 09, 13:20
I don't see Barca being shit as some claim here at all.

I was asked in last January whether Ibra would be suitable for Barca or Real Madrid?
I said Real, because I though that Ibra would be better at a 4-4-2 system than a 4-3-3 because he would have the support of a second striker who would ease of the pressure off Zlatan when needed just as he played with Inter.
As for Barca, I saw him in the middle as being too much for Ibra because he doesn't have the finishing of Eto'o and won't be as effective. Well, I think I am being proven wrong because the guy can't stop scoring.

Khaled
29 Sep 09, 14:06
Ibra improved on his finishing alot with us during the last 3 years, one can clearly see the difference between Juventus Ibra and Inter / Barcelona (now) Ibra. I mean not only his finishing but everything really. Inter fans now are saying what people outside of Italy and non-Inter Fans were saying about Ibra just because he left....and we were the ones saying they were wrong. Lets not kid ourselves into think he is not that good because we saw it firsthand what he can do. I am sure that FCBarca was one of the people that thought or said that Ibra wasnt that much but now that he watches him closely he can see how wrong everyone was about him. All of this has NOTHING to do with him choking in the CL or his antics after he left, with us he choked because he was our best player, he was the one we relied on while with Barca he isnt and they dont rely on him, same with Henry and Arsenal really, anyone remember 2006 CL? or Ueft Cup against Galatasaray? Yet with Barca he did fine the last 2 years and won the treble.

Thats what Inter and Jose are trying to do with this new Inter of 5 new players, one can clearly see that having more than 1 good player and a group that can play good team football together (like Barca) is way better than relying on just one person, Jose orignially wanted to do that with Ibra here with us but he wanted Barca and who better to replace one of the best with another who is considered one of the best?

FCBarca
29 Sep 09, 14:35
Good points Khaled...Absolutely that I fell into the category you described wrt Ibra...I really didn't know much about him apart from the highlights...I'd see a goal here or there for the NT too but didn't really know what his strengths/weaknesses were, tbh...I knew him best for what kind of quote machine he was, though...He was legendary in my mind.

It's only been a short while but I am really impressed with the player and the skills he has, it's remarkable for a man of his size

Khaled
29 Sep 09, 14:46
Good points Khaled...Absolutely that I fell into the category you described wrt Ibra...I really didn't know much about him apart from the highlights...I'd see a goal here or there for the NT too but didn't really know what his strengths/weaknesses were, tbh...I knew him best for what kind of quote machine he was, though...He was legendary in my mind.

It's only been a short while but I am really impressed with the player and the skills he has, it's remarkable for a man of his size

Exactly, and we have been saying that for the past 3 years, if you go into the middle of this thread and read some of the posts, same thing.

mournickio
29 Sep 09, 21:27
How did the 'Bus Breaker' played today against Dynamo Kiev?

FCBarca
29 Sep 09, 21:37
How did the 'Bus Breaker' played today against Dynamo Kiev?

Really had a fantastic match, IMHO...Only thing missing was a goal but he had an assist and was almost unplayable...I think Messi was a tad selfish here and there otherwise perhaps he would've been on the scoresheet...Been great though

Suneet
29 Sep 09, 21:51
Really had a fantastic match, IMHO...Only thing missing was a goal but he had an assist and was almost unplayable...I think Messi was a tad selfish here and there otherwise perhaps he would've been on the scoresheet...Been great though

What a game he had.... I have to say it was 10 men of Barca and team ibra against Kiev.

FCBarca
29 Sep 09, 22:02
The array of things Ibra did in the match is rare, IMHO...You see some players have this trick or that to unlock a match but today I saw Zlatan perform a variety of impressive plays that either put him on goal, someone else on goal or in position to provide an assist...The only thing apart from a goal I didn't see him do was unleash one of his patented long distance shots

fugi
29 Sep 09, 22:02
to bad he didnt score on that nice kick just before HT

Vybz Kartel
29 Sep 09, 22:41
Leave it to Zlatan to shine in the smaller games.

classexa
29 Sep 09, 23:07
Leave it to Zlatan to shine in the smaller games.

You don't seem very bright

Vybz Kartel
29 Sep 09, 23:15

Coming from the person who has their favorite player as INTER. Stupidity pumps through veins.

caelestis
29 Sep 09, 23:34
Great game by Ibra! Finally elastico, dribbling 4 guys, crazy volleys etc all in one game for Barca. Too bad he didn't score but he played well and the goals will come.

caelestis
29 Sep 09, 23:36

Don't bother about him, he's just another notorious hater :)

FCBarca
30 Sep 09, 01:32
Don't bother about him, he's just another notorious hater :)

A case of the 'Ignore List' being your friend :teeth:

caelestis
02 Oct 09, 14:44
I Zlatan scores again tomorrow I doubt anyone will ever break his debutant scoring record in la liga.

FCBarca
02 Oct 09, 14:55
I Zlatan scores again tomorrow I doubt anyone will ever break his debutant scoring record in la liga.

It'll be a nice record, true, but records are made & broken all the time...I just want to see him lift a certain big eared trophy at the Bobby Brown ;)

rfU
02 Oct 09, 17:12

I thought CR9 has that record? Anyway at this rate, its becoming more and more likely he will score against us in the return leg. At least it won't be a home game.

FCBarca
02 Oct 09, 17:32
I thought CR9 has that record? Anyway at this rate, its becoming more and more likely he will score against us in the return leg. At least it won't be a home game.

CR had 5 for 5 as well but failed to score in his last match.

caelestis
02 Oct 09, 22:55
5 for 4 I believe CR had. Either way he's out of the record race.

Besnik
03 Oct 09, 08:22
Happy birthday Il Genio. You are legend!! :star:

barcetia
03 Oct 09, 10:55
5 for 4 I believe CR had. Either way he's out of the record race.
They're both on 5 for 5 but Zlatan has less minutes and more assists :)

caelestis
03 Oct 09, 12:58
I think you're wrong. As I remember it kaka and hmm 2x benzema or someone was the ones scoring in one of their games. CR has gone goalless in one game at least.

tritolone
03 Oct 09, 12:58
yeah they're both 5/5, but Zlatan scored a goal every game while Cristina scored 2 goals in one game and didn't score in another. Zlatan's record is scoring in all his first 5 games in la liga

PS: Happy birthday

Bessi
03 Oct 09, 17:09
Happy bday to Zlatan :star:

Suneet
03 Oct 09, 17:28
Happy birthday, hope he breaks the record.

caelestis
03 Oct 09, 18:07
Iniesta, Messi and Zlatan up top for Barca today it seems. Hopefully some Birthday magic!

Rimpel
03 Oct 09, 19:08
Happy birthday IBRA!

Vybz Kartel
03 Oct 09, 20:44
Leave it to Zlatan to choke on breaking a record. :lol:

Btw, Happy Birthday you choker.

Rimpel
03 Oct 09, 21:48
Leave it to Zlatan to choke on breaking a record. :lol:

Btw, Happy Birthday you choker.

didn't he already beat one record? ;)

Suneet
03 Oct 09, 21:53
Give the guy some love, he didnt do drugs/alcohol, didnt leave on Aug 31 after promising to stay, didnt take us to court for spying and won us 3 Scudetti. Got us a nice profit.... and he's still scored more than Milito this season.

Stefan
03 Oct 09, 22:10
Give the guy some love, he didnt do drugs/alcohol, didnt leave on Aug 31 after promising to stay, didnt take us to court for spying and won us 3 Scudetti. Got us a nice profit.... and he's still scored more than Milito this season.

You can't expect people to love him. He is simply not that type of player. Also whatever love he had he lost with many interisti the moment he kissed that badge. Most will respect him for what he did but he won't get much love.

Suneet
03 Oct 09, 22:13
Well, I have to agree that even I didnt like kissing of the badge bit, but no body can atleast deny him respect, especially when people here love sAdriano, Vieri, fatNALDO?

Anyways, dont want to take this thread offtopic. So please ignore the upper part. How did Ibra play FCBarca?

caelestis
04 Oct 09, 18:47
Ibra was OK yesterday and got the best grades from the spanish newspapers. Sadly he didn't score and Barca wasn't as good up front as we're used to mainly because Messi, Iniesta and Xavi wasn't 100%. I saw Messi give Zlatan like one good pass during the whole match.

FCBarca
04 Oct 09, 21:36
Well, I have to agree that even I didnt like kissing of the badge bit, but no body can atleast deny him respect, especially when people here love sAdriano, Vieri, fatNALDO?

Anyways, dont want to take this thread offtopic. So please ignore the upper part. How did Ibra play FCBarca?

Very strange match, tactically speaking, from Almeria & Hugo...They basically shadowed Iniesta & Xavi out of the match...Gave everything else up essentially as a result (Including an interest in trying to play up the pitch)...It was like a 0-10-0 formation or something.

Ibra was barely involved for large stretches...A very suspect match from Barca, IMHO...Granted Hugo came to lock the midfield down but I was a bit disappointed in Pep's response...Nothing really sent up long for Ibra et al.

Ibra is Ibra, obviously...Very nearly had his 6 for 6 intact in the 2nd half but Diego Alves made a nice stop...Hands down one of the most boring matches I've seen from Barca in a long while

shahz_nerazzurri
11 Oct 09, 10:41
According to Gazzetta, Ibra wants to change his NT to Brazil, as he feels a player of his superior ability deserves to win the WC.

Rimpel
11 Oct 09, 11:05
According to Gazzetta, Ibra wants to change his NT to Brazil, as he feels a player of his superior ability deserves to win the WC.

shit man, your originality is outstanding :D

Handoyo
12 Oct 09, 08:59
That was outstanding. :D

lonewolf19
12 Oct 09, 10:43
:lol:
That was pretty good

Besnik
12 Oct 09, 12:35

:dielaugh:

Nyall
12 Oct 09, 15:59
Inter Are Not A Great Team, Unlike Barcelona - Zlatan Ibrahimovic
The Sweden striker has hit out against Inter once again...
Oct 12, 2009 3:16:50 PM
Eto'o & Ibrahimovic - Inter-Barcellona - UCL (Grazia Neri)
Photo Gallery
Zoom
Eto'o & Ibrahimovic - Inter-Barcellona - UCL (Grazia Neri)
Related Links
Teams

* Barcelona
* Inter Milan

Players

* Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Barcelona striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has poured scorn on his former club Inter, claiming they don't have many world class players.

The hitman, who left the Nerazzurri last summer, has returned to speak about his old side, but there were no words of comfort for the tifosi.

"There are not many players who can make the difference at Inter. If there was ever a problem, then it would be hard to recover," Ibrahimovic told Barca magazine.

"However, if someone is out here at Barcelona, then we have the players to come in. This is what makes Barcelona a great team."

'Ibra' has also claimed that a team who doesn't finish first is "nothing".

"Either you are first or nothing. I always like being first, not second, third or fourth," concluded the striker.

----
Classless, what did Inter do to this guy? Not even Milan or Juve players have attacked us as much or as often as he has.

tritolone
12 Oct 09, 16:12
And again where did he attack us??? He said not many players can make the difference*. When he played here there were exactly 2 (him and Maicon). At Barcelona there are now him, Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Henry, Alves. That statement about being first or nothing has nothing to do with Inter...

*meaning being able to produce some magic to win the game with a brilliant move when the team is in trouble, not being a great worker/defender/ballwinner/goalkeeper

minterke
12 Oct 09, 17:02
And again where did he attack us??? He said not many players can make the difference*.

Eto'o, Milito, Sneijder and Balotelli can't make a difference? C'mon bro, Ibra is just a degenerate..

tritolone
12 Oct 09, 17:09
Yes they can...where were they last year when Ibra was here??? I understand his interwiev like he says he likes it better there because there are more "players who can make the difference".

I'm sure noone can deny that Barcelona has more those players than Inter had last year. And I also believe this is the main reason we sold Ibra, to solve the problem of being completely dependant on one player (in offensive phase).

If you look at current teams, the diffenrence in "difference makers" still exist, but in lesser way than before.

caelestis
12 Oct 09, 17:15
God I wish people would stop reading too much into what Zlatan says. If anything, history should have taught you never to take his interviews very serious :)

nerazzurri4life
12 Oct 09, 17:24
zlatan really reminds me of milan, roma and juve players/coaches/media who insist on talking about Inter every chance they get..

we don't say shit about them, but they always insist on talking about us..

ps...it's quite interesting that we haven't heard a peep from ronaldo, kaka, sneijder, etoo, robben e.t.c about their former teams.....quite interesting

FCBarca
12 Oct 09, 17:29
God I wish people would stop reading too much into what Zlatan says. If anything, history should have taught you never to take his interviews very serious :)

Agreed...I read a few of those blurbs and 'articles' and realize this is simply a case of 'news'papers etc. just trying to generate some headlines and spike their viewers/readers etc.

The quotes I read were never derogatory or condescending towards his former club, just a remark about the quality of players at Barca...That he's simply another cog in the machine rather than the one counted on for so much.

It's annoying more than anything but it certainly didn't sound like it was a shot at Inter...These sort of 'stories' come out all the time from big name players that make a switch...There are many stories playing with CR's choice of words as well.

Truth is, it's my opinion that in the world of international football, the media blitz might just be more intense than it is for a politician...They're into every aspect of your life and right/wrong, they will play 'up' a story to generate viewers/readers...It's pretty lowclass which begs the question of why these things aren't regulated a bit more

minterke
12 Oct 09, 17:41
The reporters should ask him, Zlatan how come Inter are playing better football ever since you left?

FCBarca
12 Oct 09, 18:34
The reporters should ask him, Zlatan how come Inter are playing better football ever since you left?

Heh heh...Well, there's also the issue of goading...Ibra, as you all know, is not the type of player to take baiting too kindly...He'll come back with a cheeky comment in those scenarios, I'm certain

Let it go is my sentiment, as would be the case for Samu (Same goes for his 'claim' against Barca for fees).

Suneet
12 Oct 09, 18:35
Talking crap, he is like the girl who cant get over you with his comments.

FCBarca
12 Oct 09, 18:38
Talking crap, he is like the girl who cant get over you with his comments.

He's always been a talker though, right?...But in these scenarios, all I'm seeing/reading is interviews etc. baiting him to diss his former club...I think it's nothing

nerazzurri4life
12 Oct 09, 18:52
i cannot recall him ONCE saying crap about Juve...ever

FCBarca
12 Oct 09, 19:04

I'm not trying to defend crap as I wouldn't like any player vocally ripping a club (Unless it's RM :joker:)...But I haven't seen nor read these comments that apparently continues to get a rise out of Inter fans.

You'd have to at least concede this point, the media loves to invent stories

Analrapist
12 Oct 09, 19:58

Then you haven't been following his interviews with us ;).

shahz_nerazzurri
12 Oct 09, 20:34
I dont know whats his obsession with stating the obvious. No one from Inter talks about Ibra anymore, why does he have to come out after every couple of days, and open that dumb mouth of his? I really dont know. Maybe he is trying to win the support of Barca fans, maybe he is trying to increase his market value.

Shouldnt he be more concerned, that his NT just got dumped out of the WC qualifiers, and he failed to do anything in an important game yet again?

Campione
12 Oct 09, 20:39
Ibrahimovic did a lot in these 3 years as an Inter player and I appreciate it and will never forget it, but he shouldn't talk things like that. Unfortunately he has never understood the defenition of the word "respect".

nerazzurri4life
12 Oct 09, 21:17
Then you haven't been following his interviews with us ;).

us??

sorry, we don't support the same 'team'..
you support FC Ibra; I support FC Internazionale

secondly, he has NEVER said shit about "his time" at Juve....NEVER

all he has said about juve (much to the disdain of inter fans) was that:

(1)"they won on the field"
(2)"they deserved those 2 scudetti"
(3)"they had a very strong team"

please provide links where zlatan spoke shit about juve......please

Nyall
12 Oct 09, 21:21
us??

secondly, he has NEVER said shit about "his time" at Juve....NEVER

all he has said about juve (much to the disdain of inter fans) was that:

(1)"they won on the field"
(2)"they deserved those 2 scudetti"
(3)"they had a very strong team"

please provide links where zlatan spoke shit about juve......please

Don't forget Moggi was a father to me...

Rimpel
12 Oct 09, 21:56
What happened with "I don't care about ibra now that he's gone"? What a bunch of bullshit :lol:

minterke
12 Oct 09, 22:45
What happened with "I don't care about ibra now that he's gone"? What a bunch of bullshit :lol:

Well if he keeps making comments like this how do you expect people not to talk about him.

sergiu.inter
13 Oct 09, 12:17
he's an asshole,just like the majority of the players that played for RUBentus....

Analrapist
13 Oct 09, 14:09
us??

Dude, go fuck yourself.

kookoorookoo
14 Oct 09, 05:58
hahahahahahahahahah this wanker chokes again! no world cup! no ballon d' or! :lol:

FCBarca
20 Oct 09, 20:51
The wanker scored a sublime equalizer for Barca today...In CL no less, go figure

caelestis
20 Oct 09, 21:51
One goal, one volley hit the crossbar, one free kick from distance like a rocket that almost went in and then one bicycle kick that was wide but still entertaining. OK match by Zlatan, horrible result for FCB. Barca didn't start to play in a frenzy until it was about 5 minutes left. They should have done that when it was 25 minutes left and they would have scored goals.

FCBarca
20 Oct 09, 21:56
One goal, one volley hit the crossbar, one free kick from distance like a rocket that almost went in and then one bicycle kick that was wide but still entertaining. OK match by Zlatan, horrible result for FCB. Barca didn't start to play in a frenzy until it was about 5 minutes left. They should have done that when it was 25 minutes left and they would have scored goals.

Three things.

One, the International break is still having it's effects, IMHO...They just didn't look very sharp for stretches...Giving balls away cheaply and too much standing around on attacks rather than direct play.

Two, mileage...The club has played a helluva lot of matches both on the NT level and for the club...They looked fatigued...Xavi never looks that out of it.

Three, complacency...You win everything and you do it walking away and inevitably you get a bit too loose...The urgency isn't the same when you win it all...It's what makes repeating so difficult.

That being said, I'm optimistic...They still had many great moments in the match and perhaps losing is a good wakeup call....I don't like that they're not 'feeding the beast' enough with Ibra...Give the Swede the ball more...Too much standing around instead of letting him take a crack on goal.

Post denied them 3 times today and that last one from Yaya inexplicably hit the inside of the post yet still richocheted out :wallbang:

caelestis
20 Oct 09, 22:23
Three things.

One, the International break is still having it's effects, IMHO...They just didn't look very sharp for stretches...Giving balls away cheaply and too much standing around on attacks rather than direct play.

Two, mileage...The club has played a helluva lot of matches both on the NT level and for the club...They looked fatigued...Xavi never looks that out of it.

Three, complacency...You win everything and you do it walking away and inevitably you get a bit too loose...The urgency isn't the same when you win it all...It's what makes repeating so difficult.

That being said, I'm optimistic...They still had many great moments in the match and perhaps losing is a good wakeup call....I don't like that they're not 'feeding the beast' enough with Ibra...Give the Swede the ball more...Too much standing around instead of letting him take a crack on goal.

Post denied them 3 times today and that last one from Yaya inexplicably hit the inside of the post yet still richocheted out :wallbang:

I agree that they're not using Zlatan to his full potential when he has to stand and do fast backwards passes at the beginning of every attack wave. The wings didn't really work either. Pedro looked good but it didn't really create anything. The real danger came when Messi and Ibra was close together in the middle outside and inside of Rubins penalty area.

FCBarca
20 Oct 09, 22:30
I agree that they're not using Zlatan to his full potential when he has to stand and do fast backwards passes at the beginning of every attack wave. The wings didn't really work either. Pedro looked good but it didn't really create anything. The real danger came when Messi and Ibra was close together in the middle outside and inside of Rubins penalty area.

They missed Thierry today, for sure...As great as Pedro can be, he's better cutting into the middle of the pitch than beating his man to the flag...If the rumours are true about Robinho on loan, that would make a world of difference on that left side....They couldn't build anything on the wings and Kazan just loaded up in the middle of the pitch.

You can still see that the timing is not quite there yet between Ibra & Leo but we got glimpses again of how great it 'can' be eventually....Can't believe Ibra's 2nd shot didn't get in...He punished the woodwork though, eh? :lol: That net was moving for awhile after that - looked like Shaq had dunked or something

caelestis
21 Oct 09, 22:16
Yes, normally I'd expect Ibra to get that on goal since if it's one thing he is really good at it's volleys and controlling balls with good touch.

FCBarca
25 Oct 09, 21:35
Nice fk for a goal from Ibra today

FCBarca
25 Oct 09, 21:44
Throw in an assist for the 3rd goal too

caelestis
25 Oct 09, 21:53
One super freekick goal, one great assist and one goal dissallowed. "OK" first half for Zlatan ;)

Besnik
25 Oct 09, 21:55
I can say he was perfect this first half, he is doing very well and working with Messi is fantastic.. it's just about time, he need time to adopt completely with Barca's game, it's big difference between our and Barca's game.. Ibra is fantastic definitivly, and no doubt!!!

Alex de Large
25 Oct 09, 22:12
Ibrahimovic is without doubt the best offensive player on Barcelona just like he was the best offensive player for us, but what can we do? it's a natural thing, i rather the player to go if he isn't happy at my club, but a trio Sneijder-Milito-Ibrahimovic would have been AMAZING.

FCBarca
25 Oct 09, 22:14
Another goal from Ibra in the 2nd half...Interesting match from him, he's found the back of the net 4 times today, credited for only 2 though

Khaled
25 Oct 09, 22:17
Ibrahimovic is without doubt the best offensive player on Barcelona just like he was the best offensive player for us, but what can we do? it's a natural thing, i rather the player to go if he isn't happy at my club, but a trio Sneijder-Milito-Ibrahimovic would have been AMAZING.

Or find someone else as good as him technically? Eto'o when he will hit form will be great with us, and we also have Balo coming up so i think our attack is fine to be honest.

caelestis
25 Oct 09, 22:23
Or find someone else as good as him technically? Eto'o when he will hit form will be great with us, and we also have Balo coming up so i think our attack is fine to be honest.

Good luck finding someone that has the same technique as Zlatan, especially with the shot, passing ability and power added.

Two goals, one assist and two disallowed goals today for Zlatan after 65 minutes.

FCBarca
25 Oct 09, 22:27
Should've had a 2nd assist today had Messi converted that sublime backheel pass for a 1v1

Adam
25 Oct 09, 22:48
That was Busquets FCBarca. But he could of had at least one more goal if Messi would of passed the ball a bit faster. Messi was a bit of today in his finishing and decision making. Still scored a very nice goal though. Keita and Ibra were amazing.

J zanetti
25 Oct 09, 22:51
Great night for Ibra tonight. Not that we did not know but Il Genio has so far showed how much more versatile than Eto'o he is.
Good for him - as expected he is raping LaLiga ;)

FCBarca
25 Oct 09, 23:28
That was Busquets FCBarca. But he could of had at least one more goal if Messi would of passed the ball a bit faster. Messi was a bit of today in his finishing and decision making. Still scored a very nice goal though. Keita and Ibra were amazing.

You sure?...Perhaps....Yeah, wasn't vintage stuff from Leo today...Truth is, I think he's feeling the weight of all the criticism/pressure (Unfairly, I'd add)

Nyall
26 Oct 09, 02:01
Good game by the choker.. I guess

caelestis
26 Oct 09, 11:57
Good game by the choker.. I guess

If you have to guess whether or not Zlatan had a good game you really should learn more about football ;) (yes yes I know it's a figure of speech)

Suneet
26 Oct 09, 16:36
Messi needs a break from the game, and maybe an easy team to play against, just to get his confidence going...

sergiu.inter
26 Oct 09, 18:59
If you have to guess whether or not Zlatan had a good game you really should learn more about football ;) (yes yes I know it's a figure of speech)

i see this is the only topic your write in...are you even 1% interested in inter or not?if not,go creat yourself and ibrahimovic forum and you and other ibrahimovic-interested people can talk 24/7 about him without having to get irritated when others say something bad about ibra or just have an opinion.:rollani:

caelestis
26 Oct 09, 20:02
i see this is the only topic your write in...are you even 1% interested in inter or not?if not,go creat yourself and ibrahimovic forum and you and other ibrahimovic-interested people can talk 24/7 about him without having to get irritated when others say something bad about ibra or just have an opinion.:rollani:

Please read what you just wrote and then think about where you wrote it :)

vitomins
26 Oct 09, 20:06
Please read what you just wrote and then think about where you wrote it :)

He means a completely separate forum, not thread. There is a difference you know?

FCBarca
26 Oct 09, 22:12
Messi needs a break from the game, and maybe an easy team to play against, just to get his confidence going...

I have to say, watching his body language and expressions during the match, there is definitely a lot weighing on the young man's mind...I think he's been in fine form for Barca but perhaps the NT issues have been hard for the lad...Having an entire country on your shoulders can be a helluva burden.

skyline1908
26 Oct 09, 22:14
I see him...

http://files.myopera.com/BlakDragon/albums/732029/messi%20inter.png

Summer 2010 or Summer 2011.

100% ;)

FCBarca
26 Oct 09, 23:12
You must love Aerosmith then, eh?

t9r8T2pyvwU

skyline1908
26 Oct 09, 23:39
No,I love Moratti. ;)

Alex de Large
27 Oct 09, 02:05
Ibrahimoivc is better than Messi anyway, rather get him back, Messi in Inter would be like in the Argentina NT, without help in the midfield he sucks.