PDA

View Full Version : Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

wicked wizard
11 Dec 12, 19:33
well ibra scored against real in the worlds biggest derby. when barca deffence was sik. and ibras not as popular as them (over here any way) and Van Persie was a fluke

.h.
11 Dec 12, 19:35
meh, ive been telling people in england for years ibra was better than people rate him as.

We'll re-dress this conversation at the end of the season, when we can see how everyone performs over the full season. They might not score more goals, but I bet RVP&Rooney win more important titles than Ibra will.

wicked wizard
11 Dec 12, 19:38
important titles like what

.h.
11 Dec 12, 19:38
The premiership, possibly the Champions League? United have a lot more chance of winning that then PSG.

sanka
11 Dec 12, 19:39
important titles like what

Carling Cup. :yao:

The premiership, possibly the Champions League? United have a lot more chance of winning that then PSG.

You don't know that brow.I can tell ya the opposite.

.h.
11 Dec 12, 19:46
I'm not saying they WILL win it.

I just think United have more chance of winning it than PSG do. By a long way. PSG can't even top the fucking Ligue Une.

wicked wizard
11 Dec 12, 19:49
well ibras won seria loads of times and with us more less on his own how is premiership more important? . man u got no chance with cl. psg might not be as much as a team than psg, but if both teams on form met psg would smoke um

Bergpavian
11 Dec 12, 19:55
how about Philip Hosiner, surely he's world class? he's scored 15 in 13..

Or Raul Rusescu? 17 in 18

How about Michu? 12 goals for a shit team?

Or Abdul Majeed Waris, who scored 23 goals in 29?

Sorry, but by bringing such exemples and comparing them to Ibrahimovic you make a fool of yourself.

God, and stop saying RvP is WC when you say Ibrahimovic is not.

2010/11: RVP - 22 goals, ZI - 21 goals
2011/12: RvP - 37 goals, ZI - 35 Goals

RvP is only two years younger than Ibrahimovic and this are the only two seasons he scored more goals than him - 3 in total!

And when I compare the trophies from Ibrahimovic with the trophies from RvP ... then the Dutch has won nothing so far.

And when I look at RvP in NT ... can't see him being better than Ibrahimovic.

.h.
11 Dec 12, 20:09
well ibras won seria loads of times and with us more less on his own how is premiership more important? . man u got no chance with cl. psg might not be as much as a team than psg, but if both teams on form met psg would smoke um

wat? the last half of that sentence doesnt make sense.

---------- Post added at 21:09 ---------- Previous post was at 21:07 ----------

Sorry, but by bringing such exemples and comparing them to Ibrahimovic you make a fool of yourself.

God, and stop saying RvP is WC when you say Ibrahimovic is not.

2010/11: RVP - 22 goals, ZI - 21 goals
2011/12: RvP - 37 goals, ZI - 35 Goals

RvP is only two years younger than Ibrahimovic and this are the only two seasons he scored more goals than him - 3 in total!

And when I compare the trophies from Ibrahimovic with the trophies from RvP ... then the Dutch has won nothing so far.

And when I look at RvP in NT ... can't see him being better than Ibrahimovic.

As I said

RVP is only in my book 'just' on the cusp of becoming world class. If he can deliver it over the course of this season as well, then I will start to say he is world class. He CERTAINLY wasnt world class - or even a contender for it - until last season, but anyone who ignores what he did last season would be a fool.

As has been said elsewhere, the trophies don't actually really matter. I mean, clearly people like Ronaldo are world class, yet they don't have many titles to their names.

wicked wizard
11 Dec 12, 20:18
i mean if psg and man u met and there wa both on form i put my money on psg

thatdude
11 Dec 12, 20:19
Which teams must he score against and how many before you would consider him world class? Just out of curiosity?

sanka
11 Dec 12, 20:24
You nail it guys and browha is fuckin endless with arguements.

provokin bastards. lulz

.h.
11 Dec 12, 20:29
Which teams must he score against and how many before you would consider him world class? Just out of curiosity?

I'd like to see him put in world beater performances against the large clubs. He was maybe 10% of his usual self in the Milan derbies when playing for AC, I don't know about the Milan v Juve but I don't seem to remember him doing well in those either... His CL performance is well documented...

If, on more than a few occassions, he can single handedly tear a top class team apart, I'll give it to him. However, on his track record over his whole career, and even in the last few years where he's developed a lot more since, for example, his Juve/early Inter years, he's not going to make it.

wicked wizard
11 Dec 12, 20:37
ibra can be inconsistent but u seem to focus on them matches and ignore the rest

.h.
11 Dec 12, 20:41
I'll say it for the millionth time.

I appreciate his talent, I've never criticized his ability to score goals, he just doesn't deliver in the highest matches.

I'm not ignoring his good matches or anything, he is a spectacular player, but he's not a world class player, because to be in that category, you have to actually do something on a regular basis on the top level.

Cal
11 Dec 12, 20:52
until last season, but anyone who ignores what he did last season would be a fool.

And anyone who ignores what Ibra has done over the last several years would be a fool :rollani:

you have to actually do something on a regular basis on the top level.

Like Ibra scoring a shitload of goals and winning many consecutive league titles in top leagues often carrying his teams doesnt count right?

And RvP's list of achievements: UEFA cup, 1 FA cup, 1 Community shield (:yao:)

Actually, fuck it, Im not getting involved in this.. You are obviously set in your biased opinion..... Continue

sanka
11 Dec 12, 20:59
tragicomic fumes of world classicism.

Ibra's thread is really anatomized lulz.

.h.
11 Dec 12, 21:08
yeah, ibra's carried teams. He didnt carry Juve, though. He carried us, yes, but who the fuck was the competition then? We set the European record for the most consecutive home wins in the first year he was here. The only really competitive times - imho - was the first season under mourinho and the last season under mancini, at a stretch.

He carried Milan, but Juve were shit in the year they won the scudetto & we were shit. Milan's to lose, after signing Robinho.

He certainly didn't carry Barca.

He's carrying PSG now, but so what? If he carried Garforth Town, would you call him world class? No. So clearly the quality of the league has a lot to do with it.

Bergpavian
11 Dec 12, 21:13
He carried Milan, but Juve were shit in the year they won the scudetto & we were shit.

:yao:

The last sentence I will read from you in this thread.

.h.
11 Dec 12, 21:14

The last sentence I will read from you in this thread.

Well thank god for that :)

You don't think we were shit that year? Benitez for 6 months, and then the flop under Leonardo against Schalke + Milan?

We were shit that year. Did well to get 2nd. Juve were certainly shit that year.

snake
11 Dec 12, 21:23
This thread.

:palm:

minterke
11 Dec 12, 22:22
Anyone who says Ibra isn't world class is a pure hater and shouldn't ever be taken seriously again.

I don't even have to explain myself, the guy's career is self-explanatory.

Pajo
11 Dec 12, 22:50
This shit still going on? :lol:

.h.
11 Dec 12, 23:09
Anyone who says Ibra isn't world class is a pure hater and shouldn't ever be taken seriously again.

I don't even have to explain myself, the guy's career is self-explanatory.

Remind me

What definition of world class are we using? The one where you score 4 goals in a friendly = world class, whilst going missing in all the big matches you play in your career isnt important?

KevinB
11 Dec 12, 23:14
To me, worldclass would be defined as a player who's able to make a topteam play better. Ibra made us, Bbilan and PSG play better. Eto'o made us play better; Falcao makes Atlético play better; Rooney Man U; Messi,Xavi, Iniesta Barcelona ; Ronaldo, Ozil Real;....

Ibra is worldclass. Not because of he mostly doesn't perform in 'big' matches, but because of he alone can make a team play better.

.h.
11 Dec 12, 23:15
To me, worldclass would be defined as a player who's able to make a topteam play better. Ibra made us, Bbilan and PSG play better. Eto'o made us play better; Falcao makes Atlético play better; Rooney Man U; Messi,Xavi, Iniesta Barcelona ; Ronaldo, Ozil Real;....

Ibra is worldclass. Not because of he mostly doesn't perform in 'big' matches, but because of he alone can make a team play better.

But he cant. Barcelona was made worse by his presence over Eto'o. We were not a top team when we had Ibra, Milan were not a top team when they had him, Juve were not a top team when they had him, and PSG certainly aren't a top team now.

The only time he's played in a truly top 2-3 team in the world, he made them lose £40 million in one season and got shipped out.

He's too one dimensional (e.g. not in play style, but tactically inflexible and requires everything to go through him to be effective), and he fails on the top level.

For me, I agree with your definition, but I'd add the clause that they are competitive on the absolutely top tier. That is where Ibra fails.

wicked wizard
11 Dec 12, 23:24
juve was a top team when there had him. and psg are are a top team (on paper any way) like its been said before he was killing at barca before he got moved out of position. pluss hes not the type of player for barca. if he went to real insted he then that would off been a diffrent story

.h.
11 Dec 12, 23:27
PSG certainly arent a top team now. They didn't even win the fucking french league last year, they're not top of it now, not a top team.

It's easy to fill history with 'what ifs', but at the end of the day, we only have the facts to run off. And they speak for themselves.

I disagree. Juve were not a top team in the time period in question - and even if they were, he was by no means their stand out player. They had much better players, in Trezegeut and Del Piero, among others.

I can give you that he's close to world class in the last 2-3 years, but at Juve? Fuck no. Not by a long shot. In that time period, he'd have to be competing with Van Nistelrooy, Shevchenko, Raul, Henry, Eto'o... He was nowhere near their levels. Not even CLOSE.

wicked wizard
11 Dec 12, 23:35
ofcorse he at there level lol hes up there with the best

.h.
11 Dec 12, 23:45
No he isnt. Not by a LONG way, when compared to people like Shevchenko & Henry & Van Nistelrooy at that time.

04-06, RVN scored 40 in 74
Henry scored 63 in 87 (with 26 assists)
Eto'o scored 63 in 93 (with 15 assists)
Shevchenko scored 54 in 85

shit, Adriano was world class for the first half of that time period, he hit 46 in 89 (bearing in mind the second half of the second season was the start of his huge slumps)

Zlatan? 26 with 6 assists in 92 matches.

Not. Even. Close. Even Julio Cruz (who I have an unbelievable amount of respect for) scored more goals than Ibrahimovic in this time (30 in 77), or Crespo with 31 in 82....

Zlatan was not even close to world class at Juventus.

---------- Post added at 00:43 ---------- Previous post was at 00:40 ----------

Actually, even Vieri had a better strike rate in this time period..

17 in 36 at Inter, 2 in 14 at Milan = 19 in 50.

---------- Post added at 00:45 ---------- Previous post was at 00:43 ----------

Infact, here's one for lols.

David Suazo. 33 in 67 in this time period.
Luca Toni. 49 in 71.
Cristiano Lucarelli. 43 in 71
Alberto Gilardino. 35 in 92

wicked wizard
11 Dec 12, 23:47
ye hes stats wasent worldclass at the time but you could still seee what a quality player he was. but them stats soon changed. and comparing his stats to players like Van Nistelrooy is un fair there pure pochers obviously gunna get more goals

.h.
11 Dec 12, 23:48
ye hes stats wasent worldclass at the time but you could still seee what a quality player he was. but them stats soon changed. and comparing his stats to players like Van Nistelrooy is un fair there pure pochers obviously gunna get more goals

I'm not saying he didn't show quality, but to say he was world class at Juve is ridiculous. The only time you can even reasonably argue Zlatan was with the best strikers in the world was from his last season at Inter onwards. That is beyond dispute. What we can argue about is where we draw the line for world class, and as I've said 100 times, I draw the line at people who don't perform on the top level.

Fitzy
11 Dec 12, 23:50
What definition of world class are we using?Dyna's "fuoriclasse"

Btw, :lol: at this thread.... Ibra not world class... :yao:

wicked wizard
11 Dec 12, 23:55
ok your definition off world class is like the very best like messi and everyone under that is just a good player ok. but your argument falls apart when you say players Van Persie and falcao and surez are world class who have achieved well jack shit

.h.
12 Dec 12, 00:01
ok your definition off world class is like the very best like messi and everyone under that is just a good player ok. but your argument falls apart when you say players Van Persie and falcao and surez are world class who have achieved well jack shit

We've already established achievements mean nothing - or do you think Ronaldo isn't world class? (Fat ronaldo, not CR)

I've also never even MENTIONED Suarez, and I've didn't say today that VP is world class. Just that if he keeps his form up until the end of the season, I will start to consider him as world class.

But, yes, that is my definition of world class. The very VERY best are world class, and the people even JUST under are good/very good players.

wicked wizard
12 Dec 12, 00:06
ibra is the very very best who the fuck is if he int. no one in todays football makes me think wow wat did you just do there like ibra. not even messi certainly not ronaldo. and as a football fan thts what i watch football for

.h.
12 Dec 12, 00:09
Messi and Ronaldo both score more, deliver on the top level.

It's not just about the goals they score, its about when they score them, too. I'd personally rather see a tap in in the CL final than a spectacular goal against England in a friendly. For me its about how people adapt to the pressure and the circumstances, how they deal with the difficulties, and stepping up to the plate.

It's the 'do or die' thing. World class players do. Mediocre ones die. Zlatan, sadly, is not a do-er.

When your whole season comes down to a 90 minute final, to separate you as victor versus loser, Zlatan is NOT the man you want there. I'd take any of about 6 strikers ahead of him.

wicked wizard
12 Dec 12, 00:15
ronaldo flops when real are doing shit he cant drag a team like ibra. so your saying a player that scores ten tapins is a better player than one who scores 5 wonder goals

---------- Post added at 02:15 ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 ----------

wictch 6 strikers

.h.
12 Dec 12, 00:15
ronaldo flops when real are doing shit he cant drag a team like ibra. so your saying a player that scores ten tapins is a better player than one who scores 5 wonder goals

I'm saying a player who scores in a Champions League final is better than a player who scores in a park friendly, yes.

Ronaldo carries Real still, he carried United alot, and scored & got MOTM in a CL final. Zlatan will never achieve that.

To answer your latter question

If it was the Champions League final, I would rather pick Falcao, Messi, Ronaldo, Van Persie, Rooney, and to be honest (for big game form alone) Milito.

wicked wizard
12 Dec 12, 00:22
ronaldo might off did that in the most boring and weakest cl ever he ant done that now. and did u start watching football 4 to 5 years ago when cl has become over hyped. carying a team to a league title the whole season is much more than a achievement than a few games in cl

.h.
12 Dec 12, 00:25
ronaldo might off did that in the most boring and weakest cl ever he ant done that now. and did u start watching football 4 to 5 years ago when cl has become over hyped. carying a team to a league title the whole season is much more than a achievement than a few games in cl

CL? Overhyped?

You play 13 games, against the best teams in Europe. Once you hit the knock out stages, you're pretty much playing a team with a world class player or two in from then on. That's a fuck load better than playing fucking Chievo or Siena.

Nah, CL is still much higher profile. As is reflected in the much larger prize money from the CL than anything. It's the worlds premier football competition by a long way for good reason.

Also

If winning the CL is so much easier than winning the league, why has Zlatan never carried a team to the CL :) Shit, he's never even carried a team to the CL knock out stages.

wicked wizard
12 Dec 12, 00:35
no way u ask playes what there would rather win its the league players over 25 anyway there will say the league. most the group stages are pointless most of the time your playing worst teams than Chievo or Siena. and the knock out stages you can play shit teams 2 like man u did when there reached the final. and look at chelsea was there the best team in europe last year?. its a bonus a nice bonus but a bonus. been consistent thourgh out the year is harder

Pajo
12 Dec 12, 00:35
I can't believe this shit is still going on... :D

Pimpin
12 Dec 12, 00:37
you two need to get a room tbh :work:

Fitzy
12 Dec 12, 00:43
:lol: Who changed the thread title? Reply so I can thank. (I'm guessing snakey or vasiliosios)

Howl
12 Dec 12, 00:55
change this pricks title to 'big nose' or 'horseface'

hate this fucking cunt

I4E
12 Dec 12, 01:01
Browha - Could you please provide us with your list of world class players ? Starting from best until you reach Zlatan.

Universe
12 Dec 12, 01:05
:lol: Who changed the thread title? Reply so I can thank. (I'm guessing snakey or vasiliosios)

I lol'ed when I saw the name of the thread :lol:

I4E
12 Dec 12, 01:08

I lol'ed when I saw the name of the thread :lol:

I also 'lol'ed' :lol:

I'm with Fitz, either it was 'powertrippin' Sir Vas or Smartarse Aussie Cunt Snake :lol:

Universe
12 Dec 12, 01:13
Multiquote :awyeah:

Seriously though. I'm so fucked. Had a late start at work so I intended to wake up at 9, woke up at 11:50 instead (:awyeah: or is it :fu:?) Jesus shit I'm so fucking boned.

So far no ones said anything so I'll just stay til midnight or some garbaggio then leave. Don't ask, don't tell.

I4E
12 Dec 12, 01:20
Multiquote :awyeah:

:awyeah:

Actually, while I was 'multi quoting' that post, I was like;

Multiquote :yao: Belec Palacio :awyeah:

William
12 Dec 12, 01:43
So.....I asked if we could have julio's nickname in the title of his thread (an Inter legend) and that didn't happen yet I have to endure this shit now...

tbh it's kinda funny :pokerface:

Fitzy
12 Dec 12, 01:44
I'm sure its only temporary.

snake
12 Dec 12, 02:02

I also 'lol'ed' :lol:

I'm with Fitz, either it was 'powertrippin' Sir Vas or Smartarse Aussie Cunt Snake :lol:

Why the fuck did you all blame me for...you know, it doesn't have to be a mod...even the thread starter can change it.

I4E
12 Dec 12, 02:04
I see what you have done there....

ADRossi
12 Dec 12, 02:32
Why the fuck did you all blame me for...you know, it doesn't have to be a mod...even the thread starter can change it.

Coaster...

:lol:

skeet
12 Dec 12, 04:14
whoever changed the thread name deserves a blowjob

vasilios
12 Dec 12, 04:28
I'm sure its only temporary.

Form is temporary, (world) class is permanent.

Hasan
12 Dec 12, 05:31
Boss thread name, congratulations. He should have his own category too:

- former players is for guys like Di Biagio, Emre, Kallon ...
- grande Inter for Cordoba, Julio Cesar, Figo ...
- former bosses for Ibrahimović, Eto'o, Materazzi, Ronaldo etc. That are guys who have done huge things for our reputation in the world.

:D

skeet
12 Dec 12, 05:33
Boss thread name, congratulations. He should have his own category too:

- former players is for guys like Di Biagio, Emre, Kallon ...
- grande Inter for Cordoba, Julio Cesar, Figo ...
- former bosses for Ibrahimović, Eto'o, Materazzi, Ronaldo etc. That are guys who have done huge things for our reputation in the world.

figo in la grande but not matrix :yao:

CafeCordoba
12 Dec 12, 06:01
I was about to say the same. Or more likely that in my books Matrix is the FIRST guy in La Grande, even before Mourinho (who is obviously there also).

rockball
12 Dec 12, 06:05
Ibra has done more with an orange than RVP with.. oranje.

---------- Post added at 12:35 ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 ----------

And what's this bullshit about player A being world class for those 6 months in that season. Or player B being world class in this side, or player C will be world class if he does this in the remainder of this season.

World class is world class, if that stature keeps changing every few games for a player, then that definition is :palm: in any book.

FCBarca
12 Dec 12, 07:17

Well done :)

.h.
12 Dec 12, 08:18

---------- Post added at 12:35 ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 ----------

And what's this bullshit about player A being world class for those 6 months in that season. Or player B being world class in this side, or player C will be world class if he does this in the remainder of this season.

World class is world class, if that stature keeps changing every few games for a player, then that definition is :palm: in any book.

I've said if people keep their form up for a sustained period, then I would consider them world class. I've never said, oh, RVP is world class in the first 20 games of this season. That's clearly retarded.

For example, also, in some players there are dramatic fucking changes. Look at Adriano? He was probably among the best strikers in the world when he was at Inter, and then things very suddenly declined. Also, if world class is world class, does that mean Ronaldo was world class at 17? Or that Cafu is still, now, a world class player? Or that Shevchenko was world class at Chelsea? No, clearly they werent. World class clearly is at least partially based in form. You have to assess it more on the time frame of the concurrent ~2 seasons, but don't be retarded and say that 'world class is world class'. Very VERY few people are world class their entire career, and if that's the definition we want to start using, Ibrahimovic is so far away from it, he'd need to buy fucking binoculars to see the people in the world class category.

---------- Post added at 09:18 ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 ----------

Shit, let's not forget MICHAEL OWEN has won a Ballon d'Or, and he certainly hasn't been world class for about a decade now. But he was also certainly world class at the peak of his Liverpool career.

Lionheart
12 Dec 12, 08:19
Who dafuq added that "world class" to his name without consulting me first? :mad: :grumpycat:

It should be "Il Nose" god damn! IL NOSE!

.h.
12 Dec 12, 08:21
Whoever added it was being satirical, hence the use of ""quotations"" around it :)

Or at least thats how I see it

---------- Post added at 09:21 ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 ----------

ok your definition off world class is like the very best like messi and everyone under that is just a good player ok

what i find funny is that my biggest detractor has ALREADY AGREED with me. (Yet will still argue it)

I4E
12 Dec 12, 08:23
Browha - could you please deliver on my request.

Browha - Could you please provide us with your list of world class players ? Starting from best until you reach Zlatan.

.h.
12 Dec 12, 08:24
Browha - could you please deliver on my request.

You want a list of all positions, or just strikers?

I4E
12 Dec 12, 08:25
You want a list of all positions, or just strikers?

Let's start with strikers, then all positions.

.h.
12 Dec 12, 08:31
Well, I've done the strikers already in the previous pages, but..

Rooney, Messi, Ronaldo, Falcao (at a touch, but he's only a very recent entry on that level).

The rest of them?

In midfield, Vidal certainly deserves to be there. Of course the mandatory inclusion of Xavi & Iniesta. I'd like to include Hazard & Mata as well, but certainly the former isn't quite there yet. Ozil deserves to be there, too. One might be tempted to include Marchisio too, or David Silva.

In defence, I think Thiago Silva definitely deserves the nod. Alves as well. I dont know who else I'd pick out for the defenders, normally Pique would be up there too but he's not performing on that level lately. Ashley Cole is possibly still the left back in the world, I cant think of anyone to compete with him. Perhaps Kompany. Or Chiellini.

In goal, I'd put Handanovic, Neuer, Casillas

As I said before, for me world class is the group of players who can compete with the best in the world in their position. So for example, I dont think on 2-3 year form anyone really can compete with Thiago Silva, but there are a few goalies and midfielders who do deserve to be in there.

Note: List may not be exhaustive, I may have forgotten some people.

inb4 Ibrahimovic.

I4E
12 Dec 12, 08:33
So they are the ONLY world class players in your opinion ? And how many players between them and Zlatan are their ?

.h.
12 Dec 12, 08:35
Oh, there arent many at all between them and Zlatan. Zlatan is on a microstep below them, but he is not with them.

Yes, they are the only world class players. World class, to me, means the absolute best players in world football. Its a definition that should cover 20, not 100 (as someone posted, "There's only 20 world class players for you? Football must be so boring!" - which of course isn't quite how it works)

I4E
12 Dec 12, 08:59
What about players like Luis Suarez, Aguero, Pirlo (despite his age).... Not world class ? Neymar even ???

.h.
12 Dec 12, 09:02
Pirlo last season, clearly was yes. But sadly he's not delivered that in the season before, or the season after. He was world class for a very long time at Milan, but then fell out of that bracket with subdued performances.

Aguero, yes, he's world class, my apologies. Suarez, hmm I dont know. I'd like to say he is, but he needs to do it more consistently. He was good last year at Liverpool, but not good enough to be in the top bracket, and as we've already established, half a season doesn't make you world class. I'd say for him, all the talent for him to be world class is certainly there.

Neymar's never even come close to being tested to a high level. Whilst I think he has all the makings for, not just a world class player, but possibly one of the best players in history, there are others who have been in his shoes before, and failed badly (like Denilson. Robinho to a lesser extent, etc). I'd like to see him perform in a quality European league before I commit to him being a really class player.

monster09
12 Dec 12, 09:10
Well, I've done the strikers already in the previous pages, but..

Rooney, Messi, Ronaldo, Falcao (at a touch, but he's only a very recent entry on that level).

The rest of them?

In midfield, Vidal certainly deserves to be there. Of course the mandatory inclusion of Xavi & Iniesta. I'd like to include Hazard & Mata as well, but certainly the former isn't quite there yet. Ozil deserves to be there, too. One might be tempted to include Marchisio too, or David Silva.

In defence, I think Thiago Silva definitely deserves the nod. Alves as well. I dont know who else I'd pick out for the defenders, normally Pique would be up there too but he's not performing on that level lately. Ashley Cole is possibly still the left back in the world, I cant think of anyone to compete with him. Perhaps Kompany. Or Chiellini.

In goal, I'd put Handanovic, Neuer, Casillas

As I said before, for me world class is the group of players who can compete with the best in the world in their position. So for example, I dont think on 2-3 year form anyone really can compete with Thiago Silva, but there are a few goalies and midfielders who do deserve to be in there.

Note: List may not be exhaustive, I may have forgotten some people.

inb4 Ibrahimovic.

How can Hazard be considered as world class when all he has done is tear French divison (which Ibra is making his bitch) and Ibra can't?

I like your other posts and your point of view Browha, but this looks like you are just digging deeper hole with no way back. You made a fuck up, accept it and move on which will save lot of bandwidth and time for everyone arguing. Argument was well lost when you tried to put RVP and Falcao as world class but not Ibra as Ibra is performing week in week out for a decade now, whereas Falcao is on fire from last 2-3 seasons and RVP from 2 and half seasons.

Just my whatever cents.

---------- Post added at 15:40 ---------- Previous post was at 15:36 ----------

Aguero, yes, he's world class, my apologies. .

He hasn't done anything that Ibra didn't. He has not scored shit loads in CL nevermind playing in CL knockout. He couldn't even drag city to the KO of CL, the very same criteria for Ibra not being world class.

.h.
12 Dec 12, 09:15
I didnt say Hazard was world class.

From the exact same line

but certainly the former isn't quite there yet.

I think he certainly has ALL the hall markings of being a world class player, and the form he put in the first 10 games or so of this season, he was easily one of the best in the world, but he needs to sustain it.

Ibra hasnt been performing week in week out for a decade. He's done it for like, 4? seasons. RVP, as a career average (same with Falcao) are clearly worse players than Ibrahimovic. Over the lifetime of their career to date. But on the form of the last year or so, I think both are better. That's my opinion. RVP last year, and I feel confident about him this year, will probably be carrying United to some titles. Falcao, again, has carried two teams to Europa Leagues now, and I think - especially if he gets a big money move to City or Chelsea - he will be lighting up the stage.

Ibrahimovic's lack of delivery in any sort of big game, basically over his entire career, is enough. The fact that when I mention this, people have to go and find exceptions is what amuses me. If I said that about most other 'world class' players, you could be like "Oh yeah he scored a brace against City 4 days ago. Or the winner against City 4 days ago. Or 5 goals in one match, or a hat trick against Chelsea" etc. With Ibrahimovic, not quite so easy ;)

---------- Post added at 10:15 ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 ----------

He hasn't done anything that Ibra didn't. He has not scored shit loads in CL nevermind playing in CL knockout. He couldn't even drag city to the KO of CL, the very same criteria for Ibra not being world class.

Ibrahimovic has failed at the CL challenge at every club he's ever played at. I dont expect him to win it, but I dont even remember him making a large contribution at any stage, except for Barca/Arsenal?

Aguero - limited as much by a ridiculous CL-flop manager as anything - has only run that gambit like twice. Whilst disappointing both times, I think he will deliver.

I4E
12 Dec 12, 09:17
Pirlo last season, clearly was yes. But sadly he's not delivered that in the season before, or the season after. He was world class for a very long time at Milan, but then fell out of that bracket with subdued performances.

Aguero, yes, he's world class, my apologies. Suarez, hmm I dont know. I'd like to say he is, but he needs to do it more consistently. He was good last year at Liverpool, but not good enough to be in the top bracket, and as we've already established, half a season doesn't make you world class. I'd say for him, all the talent for him to be world class is certainly there.

Neymar's never even come close to being tested to a high level. Whilst I think he has all the makings for, not just a world class player, but possibly one of the best players in history, there are others who have been in his shoes before, and failed badly (like Denilson. Robinho to a lesser extent, etc). I'd like to see him perform in a quality European league before I commit to him being a really class player.

Suarez bossed the 2011 Copa America ! You don't win best player of the tournament for having big teeth !!! Not his fault his club team players are duds.

.h.
12 Dec 12, 09:19
Suarez bossed the 2011 Copa America ! You don't win best player of the tournament for having big teeth !!! Not his fault his club team players are duds.

Like I said, I think Suarez is very good. If he can get to a title-competitive club, and keep up the performances there, I might push him into the world class category. I do rate him a lot, but scoring all the goals at Liverpool is hardly a feat, when your competition is Borini who cant walk, and Jonjo Shelvey.

wera
12 Dec 12, 11:17
Ibra is not only a goalscorer, he also has a lot of assists

.h.
12 Dec 12, 11:21
and Henry, Suarez, Messi, etc dont?

Pajo
12 Dec 12, 11:29
How could you forget Kun in the first place!? :mad:

sanka
12 Dec 12, 12:02
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShF4oGmE1qqb39o9UBW3PdV4xEHt1z9 6W-_AlvF0rASyN36v_9

WC discussion.

Universe
12 Dec 12, 12:55
Ibrowhimoyawn

jmaster
12 Dec 12, 14:52
Zlatan "World Class" Ibrahimovic

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e311/The_yoda/dramatic-alpaca-3137.gif

rfU
12 Dec 12, 15:56
Ibrahimovic's lack of delivery in any sort of big game, basically over his entire career, is enough.That settles it for me. Players like CRonaldo, RvP, Suarez, Tevez, Aguero, Messi, you can count on to deliver on big, must-win or garner a result games, whether its by scoring goals or influencing the players around you. You look at players like Beckham, Veron, Cannavaro, Kahn, Ballack, Crespo they had influence, when shit was going down that's who everyone looked to conjure something up... whether a freekick goal, last ditch poacher goal, or domineering performance in defence.

Ibra isn't like that, maybe a personality trait but I mostly put it down on mentality. Ibra is fantastic player to watch and a player you can rely on for a full season, but where will you find him in a UCL semi-final match against a top tier side when things are going stale? Again I am not talking about goals but "influence"/assertiveness.

But then what of Totti, Del Piero and Henry on the international stage?

sanka
12 Dec 12, 16:05
Durr. Please save me from embarassment by ending that discussion or i'll pull a :redbullsnation: and start a 'fuck ibra wc talk' thread in flamers parade.

Jimmy Page
12 Dec 12, 17:02
Totti is probably the most underrated player in the world outside of Italy. A unique player in every sense of it

wera
12 Dec 12, 17:09
Aye. And Totti is still delivering today, just like Del Piero did

rfU
12 Dec 12, 17:34
Neither Totti nor Del Piero delivered anything worth of note for Italy. Maybe that back heel to Fiore (and then Delvechio for the goal) in the euro 2000 but watching Totti week in week out in those days, that was nothing compared to what he was capable of with Roma. THere's a real enigma for you.

Jimmy Page
12 Dec 12, 17:37
A number of great players havent been as good for their national teams as they have been for their clubs, so that is not something I would hold against neither Del Piero nor Totti

snake
12 Dec 12, 18:10
So you must perform on international stage for your nation to be world class.

So I guess Messi isn't world class.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

sanka
12 Dec 12, 18:15
Self defeating arguments tbh and i don't wanna open this thread again.

wera
12 Dec 12, 18:43
so what, now we are saying that looking back at Del Piero's career, he can't be considered World Class...that he was never wc?

fuck it then! the only wc players are Zidane and Ronaldo...oh no, Ronaldo didn't play good in the 98 final, so Zidane is the only world class player that ever lived.

it's not about the results, people. some people played in a lot worse clubs than Barcelona (again with Ibra? Ibra was not right for Barcelona from the start, and still managed to win the LaLiga and scored 10+ goals in half a year) and Manchester United, and they are considered world class. Falcao is world class, and he is never gonna conquer UCL or La Liga.

ADRossi
12 Dec 12, 18:46
http://i52.tinypic.com/34qqxs8.jpg

wicked wizard
12 Dec 12, 18:48
its true wat some said u world class this and not the next. thats a from, been world class is mainly about your attributes

wera
12 Dec 12, 19:12
^^^finally some fucking sense

Scottish_one
12 Dec 12, 19:35
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clKi92j6eLE

sanka
12 Dec 12, 19:41
Ohh now i see..browha wants to be nominated..yayaya

admit it you stubborn fucker..

friendly sayin as always primavera pedo analyst u noou ai laik you hehehe

Fitzy
12 Dec 12, 19:42
So you must perform on international stage for your nation to be world class.

So I guess Messi isn't world class.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2And Cristiano tbh... :lol:

.h.
12 Dec 12, 21:56
...wat?

Universe
12 Dec 12, 22:35
Del Piero's inability to perform for Italy is more than made up for by his world class form at Sydney FC.

Broseph Stalin
12 Dec 12, 22:50
I think the whole discussion about a player being word class or not just does not make any sense. There is no a commonly accepted definition of what world class is, it is purely subjective. If you define "world class" by the ability to change the outcome of a game then Ibra is definitely world class, he is the player who can turn the game around with his magic (Parma-Inter, 2008). If you define "world class" by the ability to win the national championships then Ibra is definitely world class again, he was delivering national titles wherever he was playing at, and most often he was the main driving force behind the teams. If you define world class by the performances in the European and international competitions then Ibra is a flop, he failed to perform in big games in the CL and his international career with Sweden is nothing outstanding. The bottom line is it's up to you whether Ibra is a world class or not, and there will never be consensus on this matter.

William
13 Dec 12, 03:34
It's an arguement where there are numerous ways that it can be interpreted and defined, all interpretations can be seen as being right and wrong.

Let's just move on and stop giving Ibra the attention he whores for.

wicked wizard
13 Dec 12, 05:29
dont understand the logic if he scores in a one of game against valenca in the cl semi final then he suddenly becomes world class. anyway thourght i would just say that before work. man i need a girlfriend

.h.
13 Dec 12, 12:07
dont understand the logic if he scores in a one of game against valenca in the cl semi final then he suddenly becomes world class.

pretty sure i never said that.

---------- Post added at 13:07 ---------- Previous post was at 13:06 ----------

That settles it for me. Players like CRonaldo, RvP, Suarez, Tevez, Aguero, Messi, you can count on to deliver on big, must-win or garner a result games, whether its by scoring goals or influencing the players around you. You look at players like Beckham, Veron, Cannavaro, Kahn, Ballack, Crespo they had influence, when shit was going down that's who everyone looked to conjure something up... whether a freekick goal, last ditch poacher goal, or domineering performance in defence.

Ibra isn't like that, maybe a personality trait but I mostly put it down on mentality. Ibra is fantastic player to watch and a player you can rely on for a full season, but where will you find him in a UCL semi-final match against a top tier side when things are going stale? Again I am not talking about goals but "influence"/assertiveness.

But then what of Totti, Del Piero and Henry on the international stage?

Indeed, exactly right.

Devious
13 Dec 12, 12:27
Fuck Ibra.

Raul Duke
15 Dec 12, 17:39
Ibra's next tattoo is rumoured to be his entire autobiography tattooed to his nose

...in 3 different languages :slick:

dynasty27
15 Dec 12, 17:42
I'm sure you'll get your thanx :)

Dylan
15 Dec 12, 17:43
Nz. Love it.

Raul Duke
15 Dec 12, 17:49
I'm sure you'll get your thanx :)

Don't throw me in the thank whore pile like that.

jmaster
15 Dec 12, 21:17
Don't throw me in the thank whore pile like that.

You deserve it hoe

---------- Post added at 00:17 ---------- Previous post was at 00:15 ----------

though*

sorry

Devious
16 Dec 12, 17:13
hoe looks better

Raul duke is a hoe, a thank hoe

Fitzy
16 Dec 12, 22:10
hoe looks better

Raul duke is a hoe, a thank hoeCome on man. He's only doing it to support his children.

sanka
17 Dec 12, 09:51
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOyZG_X_h4U

Cunt.

Pajo
17 Dec 12, 09:56

realjulm
17 Dec 12, 10:34
lifetime ban to this bignose

vassago
17 Dec 12, 12:09
fucking idiot...

vasilios
17 Dec 12, 14:15
That was a world class stomp.

Besnik
17 Dec 12, 16:18
that was damn rough. if only he wouldn't have such a terrible attitude on the pitch, he would've enormous respect among the people.

i felt sorry for Lovren though

CafeCordoba
27 Dec 12, 15:28
Btw, have you guys read his autobiography?

I read it and my respect to this guy increased several degrees. What a fucking story. No one believed in him but he fought through it all and now he's there, best paid footballer of the planet? For example Xavi, Messi, Iniesta, they're just a product of the Barcelona football factory. Zlatan did it by himself (of course later got help from many coaches and managers but in his early years he really did it himself).

The Guardiola case was also very interesting to read. After reading it, I don't ever want that man to coach Inter. He clearly doesn't have a clue how to handle different personalities. Only those Barcelona puppies. Like Zlatan called the whole Barcelona team, it's like a boarding school. :lol:

.h.
27 Dec 12, 15:30
he's not the best paid player on the planet :)
Eto'o earns more, and that brazilian guy who plays in China does as well I BELIEVE

monster09
27 Dec 12, 15:45
he's not the best paid player on the planet :)
Eto'o earns more, and that brazilian guy who plays in China does as well I BELIEVE

Dario Conca? I dont think he is paid that much and he is from Argentina. FM legend though. :D

.h.
27 Dec 12, 15:48
ah, sorry, yes.
he earns more than sneijder does ;)

when he signed, he was top 10 in the world for salary

rockball
03 Jan 13, 06:18
http://zlatan.fr/hello-zlatan/

:notbad:

Sokrates
03 Jan 13, 06:35
Btw, have you guys read his autobiography?

I read it and my respect to this guy increased several degrees. What a fucking story. No one believed in him but he fought through it all and now he's there, best paid footballer of the planet? For example Xavi, Messi, Iniesta, they're just a product of the Barcelona football factory. Zlatan did it by himself (of course later got help from many coaches and managers but in his early years he really did it himself).

The Guardiola case was also very interesting to read. After reading it, I don't ever want that man to coach Inter. He clearly doesn't have a clue how to handle different personalities. Only those Barcelona puppies. Like Zlatan called the whole Barcelona team, it's like a boarding school. :lol:

Where can I read it online?

sanka
03 Jan 13, 10:25
just google search it, download the pdf 'I'm Zlatan'.

monster09
03 Jan 13, 11:17
World class autobiography tbh..:troll:

Devious
03 Jan 13, 11:27
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9m7m8_2t4Y

rfU
04 Jan 13, 03:03
The Guardiola case was also very interesting to read. After reading it, I don't ever want that man to coach Inter. He clearly doesn't have a clue how to handle different personalities. Only those Barcelona puppies. Like Zlatan called the whole Barcelona team, it's like a boarding school. :lol::lol: this was written by Ibra, his own account of things, as arrogant as he is you know he embellished a whole fucking lot, heaping praise on himself and how hard he had it... lets here Guardiolas side first, then judge

.h.
04 Jan 13, 09:22
Its not worth the effort... people here cant critically think or form their own opinion... parrots with no thought process.

Devious
04 Jan 13, 17:35
Its not worth the effort... people here cant critically think or form their own opinion... parrots with no thought process.

Which purely explains my 100% post/thank ratio! :oblivious:

Gaetan
05 Jan 13, 13:48
Is his autobiography in English?

sanka
05 Jan 13, 13:49
Yeap..

Fitzy
05 Jan 13, 14:56
Yeap..

The biggest cynic is the gorilla himself

sanka
05 Jan 13, 15:01
:awyeah:

gauwrilla tbh..

Coasterfreek
05 Jan 13, 22:06
:lol: @ the domain being a blackmail.

Starmo4
27 Jan 13, 23:59
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KZkcUKGFDNY

Arhhhhhhhh:D

Rimpel
29 Jan 13, 15:48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KZkcUKGFDNY

Arhhhhhhhh:D
:lol: @ Ibra's smile

Howl
29 Jan 13, 23:19
lol suck on that ya big nose cunt

chejou :notbad:

Dylan
06 Feb 13, 18:29
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/future-news-zlatan-ibrahimovic-announces-donating-entire-salary-065816514--sow.html

I know 99% of these Zlatan interviews are made up such as this one but:

"I heard Beckham's decision and it made me think," Ibrahimovic told reporters while on duty with the Swedish national team. "Who is most deserving of all of the money that I, Zlatan, am paid? The answer is Zlatan. The children of Paris are not leading Ligue 1 in goals this season. I am. I have 20 goals. The next best players have 12. Twelve! If anything, the children of Paris should be giving me even more money for having the privilege of being in the same city as my incredible quality. And so should David Beckham. Call it a Zlaritable donation."

tott
06 Feb 13, 23:05
i don't know why he is not in la grande... i don't like him anymore..but he has the merit's that we have won 3 scudetto

Miles
06 Feb 13, 23:10
Tbh, that article is bullshit, they don't even say where they got this info from. And knowing Zlatan, he doesn't say childish stuff like that. Arrogant, self confident yes, stupid and mocker? No.

vasilios
06 Feb 13, 23:19
i don't know why he is not in la grande... i don't like him anymore..but he has the merit's that we have won 3 scudetto

Because people vote for who they like, merit is a very small part of the equation.

Tbh, that article is bullshit, they don't even say where they got this info from. And knowing Zlatan, he doesn't say childish stuff like that. Arrogant, self confident yes, stupid and mocker? No.

The article is clearly a joke

Handoyo
21 Feb 13, 05:36
If Milan wins the CL this season

:trollol:

This will be the only saving grace

Pajo
21 Feb 13, 06:00
http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/563278_10152555283930462_604709604_n.jpg

.h.
21 Feb 13, 08:22
tbh, its happened too many times in a row now, not just coincidence ;)

Besnik
22 Feb 13, 10:34
He's safe though, milan won't win CL

thatdude
22 Feb 13, 11:42
He's safe though, milan won't win CL

Although I don't believe they will I wouldn't call it impossible. They are perfect underdog status right now. It's all about who they get drawn against. A little luck and some good home performances and they could go far.

interista4
22 Feb 13, 11:57
Although I don't believe they will I wouldn't call it impossible. They are perfect underdog status right now. It's all about who they get drawn against. A little luck and some good home performances and they could go far.

Indeed, Chelsea didn't play any better and won it, so anything is possible.
But I suddenly hope they get raped at camp nou.

Batman
22 Feb 13, 12:09
Indeed, Chelsea didn't play any better and won it, so anything is possible.
But I suddenly hope they get raped at camp nou.Hope they get raped by another team, I want them to beat Farca first.

.h.
23 Feb 13, 11:35
Ibra dumped us during a pre-season training camp in Los Angeles to join Barcelona. He told Cristian Chivu: ‘You won’t even win the Scudetto without me.’ Mourinho confronted him and said: ‘I want you to know that we’ll win everything without you.’ That was exactly what happened.

“In fact, I now have a concern that Milan will win the Champions League. It already happened at Barcelona and Inter, as when Ibra leaves, that teamthen lifts the trophy...”

fuck you zlatan, cunthead

Devious
23 Feb 13, 12:26
Yeah this should jinx bilan since it`s been mentioned.

Forza
23 Feb 13, 13:47
Bbilan will win UCL, PSG will hire Mou and kick Zlatan then they'll win UCL. In the end Zlatan will kill himself.

Seriously, did he really say that to Chivu.....? :confused:

Quentin
23 Feb 13, 13:52
Retroscena Matrix: "Ibra prima di andare ci disse..."

Marco Materazzi svela tutto. Nel corso dell'intervista rilasciata a La Repubblica, l'ex numero 23 nerazzurro parla anche di José Mourinho, e della possibilità che l'allenatore portoghese possa trasferirsi al Paris Saint-Germain, dove ritroverebbe Zlatan Ibrahimovic: "Non so se accadrà, ma in quel caso non so cosa sarà di Ibrahimovic: i due non si sono lasciati bene. Ibra ci mollò durante un ritiro a Los Angeles per andare al Barcellona, e disse a Chivu: “Senza di me non vincerete nemmeno lo scudetto”. Mourinho lo affrontò: “Sappi che senza di te vinceremo tutto”. E così andò. Solo che adesso ho un timore… Da tifoso dell’Inter ho paura che il Milan vinca la Champions: quando Ibra se ne va, ed è già accaduto a Barcellona e Inter, quella squadra poi alza la Champions...".

- - - Updated - - -

ibra to chivu : without me you'll not win not even the "scudetto"!!!
jose to ibra : without you we'll win everything!!!

szasza02
23 Feb 13, 16:03
cockroach

kido
23 Feb 13, 16:55
Ibra is a c*nt. Everyone knows that.

Sent in 3D using mine LG-P920

monster09
28 Feb 13, 11:18
Barton Vs Ibra

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8088/8513256069_6297d8ba91_o.gif

Kenny
28 Feb 13, 11:46
"Big fockin' nose, prick cock"

And then Zlatan scored 2 goals and shove it up Bartons ass.

kido
28 Feb 13, 12:21
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZStSHtYM6g

The whole jibe. Ibra hits back with something about Barton's dick... :D

Pajo
28 Feb 13, 12:33
gold :lol:

Howl
28 Feb 13, 12:55
i hate barton the fucking cunt, but thats the best thing hes done his whole life

Shaun
28 Feb 13, 13:02
Really? telling a guy with a big nose that he has a big nose? :yao:

Howl
28 Feb 13, 19:45
Really? telling a guy with a big nose that he has a big nose? :yao:

cant think of anything else.. apart from his french interview

rockball
28 Feb 13, 19:54

Ibra has more talent in his nose than Barton in his entire body.

wera
28 Feb 13, 20:24
Ibra is world class

he just got a place in the world class eleven since Messi is playing like shit and he isn't world class anymore

chipschups
01 Mar 13, 01:54
barton :yao:

Bergpavian
09 Mar 13, 19:10
Bigmouth strikes again ...

dynasty27
15 Mar 13, 11:26
Zlatan and CL not workin? Especially against his Karma clubs? Not this time. He will break the unwritten law of nature single-handedly.

rockball
15 Mar 13, 11:53
He has no shame does he? Rumours of moving to Juve...

Tsuna
15 Mar 13, 14:17
Did u forget he played for them?

KevinB
15 Mar 13, 14:30
Don't think that will happen. He's hated there. (where isn't he :yao:)

Devious
15 Mar 13, 17:38
Are you telling me that juBe can pay better salaries than PSG? :chan:

Oh shit apparently they can :palm: fuck jube

Mad Biscione
29 Mar 13, 20:06
watching PSG-MOntpellier, Ibra is still a cunt, pushing and annoying other players when refs dont look

Numero Dieci
29 Mar 13, 21:29
Nah,it's just what happens in matches.

Camara pushed Silva.Ibra pushed him.

That's football.

rockball
02 Apr 13, 14:09
Fuck Barca.

Mad Biscione
02 Apr 13, 15:13
I hope he scores against those cunts, better yet scores a winner

.h.
02 Apr 13, 20:21
not the end of the match yet but ibrahimovic has been a disaster so far.

not just bad by his standards, but bad overall. a waste of space up front

- - - Updated - - -

rofl. WELL OFFSIDE.

Bergpavian
02 Apr 13, 20:40
not the end of the match yet but ibrahimovic has been a disaster so far.

not just bad by his standards, but bad overall. a waste of space up front

- - - Updated - - -

rofl. WELL OFFSIDE.

Scored a goal and made an assists against this scum ... and browha is still not happy with him. :D

Mad Biscione
02 Apr 13, 20:41
good job Il Nose:trolldad:

.h.
02 Apr 13, 20:44
Scored a goal and made an assists against this scum ... and browha is still not happy with him. :D

offside goal, he was dreadful for the whole match, but the assist was well decided at least

monster09
02 Apr 13, 20:58
Dreadful is just OTT. He had good game, his finishing was off but overall he had a good game and troubled Barca's defense all game.

Since you have already made a opinion that Ibra is not world class you will always come up with these kind of posts whenever he decides the game in the CL KOs.

.h.
02 Apr 13, 21:04
Dreadful is just OTT. He had good game, his finishing was off but overall he had a good game and troubled Barca's defense all game.

Since you have already made a opinion that Ibra is not world class you will always come up with these kind of posts whenever he decides the game in the CL KOs.

he repeatedly lost the ball in amateurish ways when on the counter with Barca (for example simple miscontrols, etc). I'm capable of stating when a player has done well, or badly. Ibra tonight was not good. Aside from the assist and goal, all he did was like one good lay off for Moura?

monster09
02 Apr 13, 21:08
he repeatedly lost the ball in amateurish ways when on the counter with Barca (for example simple miscontrols, etc). I'm capable of stating when a player has done well, or badly. Ibra tonight was not good. Aside from the assist and goal, all he did was like one good lay off for Moura?

No. Chest the ball from goal kick, dribble past players on his own and won a free kick near the edge of the box. Almost scored the goal when 2 Barca players were down in the box but he was sort of unlucky as he couldn't make a proper contact with the ball.

Playing as striker against Barca is one of the toughest role to play as all game the striker will be isolated. And aside from goal and assist? :lol: What more you want from your attacking player? When Ibra plays well and not score or assist, everyone says he is a bottler, but when he scores and assists in the big games you are asking aside from them what did he do?

.h.
02 Apr 13, 21:09
No. Chest the ball from goal kick, dribble past players on his own and won a free kick near the edge of the box. Almost scored the goal when 2 Barca players were down in the box but he was sort of unlucky as he couldn't make a proper contact with the ball.

Playing as striker against Barca is one of the toughest role to play as all game the striker will be isolated. And aside from goal and assist? :lol: What more you want from your attacking player? When Ibra plays well and not score or assist, everyone says he is a bottler, but when he scores and assists in the big games you are asking aside from them what did he do?

Well the goal was offside, by a LONG way, and as I said, fair credit on the assist. It was a good head down for the player.... But its not like he excelled during that game, he did pretty badly overall...

monster09
02 Apr 13, 21:15
At the end of the day he was the one who changed the outcome of the game, which means he played very important role in the big CL game against the best team.

Scoring and creating goals for fun.

.h.
02 Apr 13, 21:16
Like I said, credit to him for the assist, but overall he was pretty poor in my book. That is, granted, closer to what I asked in terms of a "game changer", but overall he was still pretty disappointing. I still doubt deliver again in the next match

Numero Dieci
02 Apr 13, 21:19
I thought he choked aswell but that being said he choked in the manner a class player would.

Scoring one nad making an assist while choking is still something.

Fitzy
03 Apr 13, 00:05
Scored and got an assist but still had quite a poor game... I mean, if that goal and assist didn't count, for instance, his team would have lost. He, like Coutinho, is an over-hyped talent who will not do anything important in his career.

Pimpin
03 Apr 13, 00:12
I am with browha on this one..

he lost the ball way too much, scored an offside goal and passed the ball in the 93rd minute , after he had 100 possibilities the 90 minutes before that but he did not and this time he did not have another choice but to give it to matuidi , I m sorry he played like shit

Wallace
03 Apr 13, 06:46
I agree, he missed many opportunities, and he lost the ball a couple of times.

I think he was one of the worst in the PSG team, at least the midfielders worked hard and ran a lot compared to him.

.h.
03 Apr 13, 08:39
thank you. I am an empirical, rational human being. I can give praise when deserved. I just thought, last night, Zlatan was pretty poor.

Rimpel
03 Apr 13, 10:07
Scored and got an assist but still had quite a poor game... I mean, if that goal and assist didn't count, for instance, his team would have lost. He, like Coutinho, is an over-hyped talent who will not do anything important in his career.

Hasn't done anything important in his career? roflmao. People on this forum :lol:

Pimpin
03 Apr 13, 10:26
Hasn't done anything important in his career? roflmao. People on this forum :lol:

yeah people on this forum who don't know Fitzay :lol:

Fitzy
03 Apr 13, 10:46

:)

Devious
04 Apr 13, 13:19
https://m.ak.fbcdn.net/sphotos-e.ak/hphotos-ak-prn1/544876_585280768157216_1027315851_n.jpg

rfU
10 Apr 13, 08:24
up until the last few minutes of the match he was a "no show" no ibracadabra, no end product, no leadership, nothing... a player with world class talent but not world class because he doesnt and will never have that mental edge. It's as simple as that.

Serie A
10 Apr 13, 16:13
I will hate to see camel at jube....oh god why

dynasty27
10 Apr 13, 18:54
rafael van der vaart breaks up with sylvie, rafa now with sabie boularouz and sylvie together with ibrahimovic (father)? ugh

Sokrates
10 Apr 13, 20:38
Out again :trolldad:

- - - Updated - - -

rafael van der vaart breaks up with sylvie, rafa now with sabie boularouz and sylvie together with ibrahimovic (father)? ugh

and you are the only one who gives a fuck about this

minterke
10 Apr 13, 20:39
up until the last few minutes of the match he was a "no show" no ibracadabra, no end product, no leadership, nothing... a player with world class talent but not world class because he doesnt and will never have that mental edge. It's as simple as that.

The guy has 7 assists (most in CL), sorry but he was PSG's best player over both legs. Lavezzi on the other hand...

Kenny
10 Apr 13, 20:45
The curse continues. In another lifetime Zlatan.....

rfU
10 Apr 13, 21:20
The guy has 7 assists (most in CL), sorry but he was PSG's best player over both legs. Lavezzi on the other hand...

ha dont even get me started on Lavezzi...

Back to Ibra, list all the stats you want but you saw him out there today, wasnt expecting hattricks and flicks but damn.... pastore and lucas showed more personality IMO. over 180 minutes Ibra was largely lifeless, showed no vigor, no urgency. this was THE occassion and he blew it. But then can't say Im surprised.

minterke
10 Apr 13, 22:25
ha dont even get me started on Lavezzi...

Back to Ibra, list all the stats you want but you saw him out there today, wasnt expecting hattricks and flicks but damn.... pastore and lucas showed more personality IMO. over 180 minutes Ibra was largely lifeless, showed no vigor, no urgency. this was THE occassion and he blew it. But then can't say Im surprised.

Saying he "blew it" is really harsh IMO. His passes both today and in the first leg were sublime. He created Pastore's goal today, he holds the ball up better than any striker on the planet.

I understand the hated for Ibra on this forum but that's being way too harsh...PSG didn't even lose they went out on away goals.

Forza
11 Apr 13, 00:06
4 of his 7 assists came from a game vs the worst team in the CL, Zagreb.

William
11 Apr 13, 01:02
Ibra...:yuno: win the CL haha

achilles
11 Apr 13, 01:31
He wasn't great today, but at the same time, Moura, Pastore and Lavezzi weren't either. The only difference was they work hard on the defensive end as well. Pastore, Lucas and Lavezzi all had gilt edged chances, and how many did they produce for Ibra?

There was the free kick in a promising position and Ibra let Lucas take it, so its not like he was trying to be a one-man show. I think its tough to be a world class striker these days, if you work for the team but don't score (Ibra w/ his passing, Torres w/ work rate) then you get criticized. Focus on scoring, and don't contribute to the overall team's play and again you will be criticized!

You got to say thats some good revenge by Ibra on Rafael Van der Vaart though! B!tches be ruthless.

rfU
11 Apr 13, 06:04
Saying he "blew it" is really harsh IMO. His passes both today and in the first leg were sublime. He created Pastore's goal todayits not like Ibra served him up an easy chance. Pastore still had it all to do once he latched on to that pass. Ibra is the leader of this PSG team, it's most experienced and talented (arguably) player, but he didn't prove that at all.

if you work for the team but don't score (Ibra w/ his passing, Torres w/ work rate) then you get criticizedglad you compared Ibra with one of the biggest, most expensive flops in history and not with Suarez or CR7.

monster09
11 Apr 13, 06:12
He scored 1 goal and assisted 2 goals in a 3-3 tie. He also created good chance which Lavezzi missed. With the 30% possession he did everything he could and if they were bit more clinical PSG would have won the tie.

He played well in CL KO game against the best team, not sure if people still believe "He can't do against big team" BS.

victor_inter
11 Apr 13, 07:00
difference is messi has some sort of placebo effect, where players tend to play well above their actual capabilities and it is noticeable as soon as he entered the pitch, everyone got a boost in their general mentality and even physically which felt as though the communication between him and his team mates were telepathic lol. Some sort of cosmic energy just crept inside the lungs of xavi and pedro etc, they started playing better overall, passing, speed, shooting and positioning improvised when messi entered the pitch. Zlatan does not have that mental edge like messi, hence why messi outshines him almost every time they go head to head.

- - - Updated - - -

Saying he "blew it" is really harsh IMO. His passes both today and in the first leg were sublime. He created Pastore's goal today, he holds the ball up better than any striker on the planet.

I understand the hated for Ibra on this forum but that's being way too harsh...PSG didn't even lose they went out on away goals.

i believe a certain inter legend called milito and a chelsea legend Drogba can hold up the ball just as good. No disrespect to ibra, all 3 are equally adept at holding up the ball, i cant choose between the three, but i have to, it would be DIEGO MILITO (not just a prince, he is the king)

Bam Bam 1+8
11 Apr 13, 07:32
I do think Zlatan can give that spezial boost to his teammates. With him on the pitch you know, as a teamplayer, you can score a goal everytime out of nowhere. He hasn't aways shown that on international level, thats right. But at least in the national leagues, he got that mental push to the teammates.

To your second point. Milito got some abilities that make him better fitting than Zlatan. He isn't a player who needs to be the target of every attack. Thats the bad side of Zlatan beeing an "i can make it all on my own" -player. But if it is abput the pure skills, it is hard to mess with Zlatan. Hes got the strenght, the skills on ball, the view,... he got that all.
Nothing against Milito and in striker qualities like finishing they are on the same level. But Zlatan in a more complete and more fifted player.
Although it counts what you mkae of it, and Milito surely doesn' have to hide for what he reached as a player.

victor_inter
11 Apr 13, 07:41
i was referring to UCL games Zlatan doesnt have that mental edge particularly in big games, but he was good this year against barca i must say. Milito on the other end lives for these big nights, never goes missing in big games. Zlatan as a player is one of the most complete players i have ever seen no doubt, i actually like him but for big games, i would pick milito over him any day simply cuz he guarantees a win in the end. I just think his mentality in these sort of games lets him down, like you said, he needs to me in the midst of every action and expects every ball to be played to his feet, which is unacceptable against quality teams, since u need to play as a team and believe in you teammates who are there for your support. He tends to over do a lot of petty things, like shoot when a pass would have been a better option.

Hasan
11 Apr 13, 08:48
4 of his 7 assists came from a game vs the worst team in the CL, Zagreb.

And our best prospect in the moment came from that team ...

FCBarca
11 Apr 13, 09:11
He's a terrific player and without him, PSG really would've posed little threat...He was involved in all the goals (Including the offside one) and set up the best chances for the team...Not bad for a player that wasn't even supposed to be able to play in the 1st leg

Mino
11 Apr 13, 09:36
http://hasibrawonchampionsleague.com/
never gets old

Bam Bam 1+8
11 Apr 13, 09:45
http://hasibrawonchampionsleague.com/
never gets old

it is funny. But without glee, he isn't the one to blame for it. With a little bit more luck with the teams he played for, he could have won it one or two times.

Mino
11 Apr 13, 10:04
it is funny. But without glee, he isn't the one to blame for it. With a little bit more luck with the teams he played for, he could have won it one or two times.
he have always been a Mercenary arrogant prick
he deserves what he got

rockball
11 Apr 13, 11:02
Gotta say he played well over both legs, not great but good. And so did PSG, it was a weird lineup but they managed very well and should be proud that they didn't lose any leg.

Bam Bam 1+8
11 Apr 13, 12:51
he have always been a Mercenary arrogant prick
he deserves what he got

There are players that want to be legend at one club, like Zanetti, Totti,... and they get much respect for that.

And there are players, who want to make a big career, have success, play a handfull of clubs, earn money,...
A career of Malmö, Ajax,Juve, Inter, Barcelona, Milan, Paris doesn't sound that wrong to me. A career most footballers only dream about. Should he have stayed at Malmö? Or at Ajax? Already is a whore playing for the third club? Or became he that, when he don't wanted to play Serie B, what wasn't his fault do go down?

He is always a 100% professional, does his job, leads the scorerboards,... I don't see much to critizise him. Nobody his to like his way/behaviour/... (altogh teamates talk very good about him), but i don't see reasons to critisize his career.

Not everybody is in a big club from youthteams on, and even if Malmö would be his team of dreams, it would be stupid he stayed there his career.

I don't get that Anti-Ibra thing. Although his talks about former teammates after leaving Inter was needless. But histor proved him wrong.

rfU
11 Apr 13, 14:12
i actually like him but for big games, i would pick milito over him any day What he said.

K.I.
11 Apr 13, 14:36
Was strange not seeing PSG not launch balls forward in the last 20 mins or so since he was always gonna head it or win it since they are terrible at set pieces and long balls and Ibra had a presence there but yah should have done more for his team, but he did great considering PSG are new on this stage in recent years.

Andy Roddick
11 Apr 13, 15:52
Poor Zlatan, he's truly cursed ahahah

Y&h
22 Apr 13, 15:25
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnzAeMzToh4

Dylan
22 Apr 13, 21:19
http://greginhollywood.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/PA-7964700.jpg

Serie A
22 Apr 13, 22:23
Going to jube?

DARi0
25 Apr 13, 06:08
I do think Zlatan can give that spezial boost to his teammates. With him on the pitch you know, as a teamplayer, you can score a goal everytime out of nowhere. He hasn't aways shown that on international level, thats right. But at least in the national leagues, he got that mental push to the teammates.

To your second point. Milito got some abilities that make him better fitting than Zlatan. He isn't a player who needs to be the target of every attack. Thats the bad side of Zlatan beeing an "i can make it all on my own" -player. But if it is abput the pure skills, it is hard to mess with Zlatan. Hes got the strenght, the skills on ball, the view,... he got that all.
Nothing against Milito and in striker qualities like finishing they are on the same level. But Zlatan in a more complete and more fifted player.
Although it counts what you mkae of it, and Milito surely doesn' have to hide for what he reached as a player.
I totally agree. If anyone doesn't, go ask Cassano [requested transfer after Ibra left] or Boateng [shit since Ibra left].

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnzAeMzToh4

what was this about? [This video has been removed by the user.]

'When Ibra left Juve...'
By Football Italia staff

Amid reports of Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s return to Juventus, ex-director Alessio Secco reveals “he did everything possible to leave in 2006.”

Newspapers in Italy and France continue to suggest there are advanced negotiations between the clubs for a summer transfer.

However, those who were in charge of the Bianconeri back in 2006 when the Swede left are doubtful.

“I won’t judge, but I’ll just say that at the time, the moment we went into Serie B, he did everything possible to show he wanted to leave,” former director Secco told TMW.

“Of course, people can change in life and he can do what he wants. Do I have advice for Juve? They did so well to do everything they’ve done, so the directors will know what evaluations to make on Ibra’s potential return.”

Several stars, such as Gigi Buffon, Pavel Nedved, Alessandro Del Piero, David Trezeguet and Mauro Camoranesi, opted to stay with Juventus after the Calciopoli scandal and their demotion to Serie B.

Giovanni Cobolli Gigli was the President of Juventus during that troubled summer and he also revealed some background to Ibrahimovic’s departure.

“Nobody can doubt he is a great player, even if a little tactically anarchic. I remember when he demanded a transfer, banging his fists on the table,” Cobolli Gigli told TMW.

“Along with his agent Mino Raiola, they make quite a pair! We were forced to sell him, but also the situation meant we had to deal with buyers who knew our backs were to the wall. At the end of the day, we had to sell to a club that was our historic antagonist, Inter.”

:D

PS: can't believe people can still afford to complain about him as a professional player! Look at his key importance for any team he has played, look at his strength, winning mentality and skills! Hell, you can even check his stats, this season he is probably going to score most goals in a season ever in his career. ;) so stop bitchin`- he's one of the greatest.

I4E
25 Apr 13, 12:29
Despite how great he is, Fuck Ibrahe'sabitch tbh

Guney
25 Apr 13, 13:38
TRAITORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Serie A
28 Apr 13, 20:46
Lol pathetic that jube are going to take him back after he stabbed them...pathetic player pathetic club

ForzaInterUSA
24 May 13, 00:37
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/24/e4ezyryr.jpg

KevinB
24 May 13, 20:14
Next up I love Chelsea/City

Toninu
27 May 13, 11:37
Apparently Raiola said that if Ancelotti leaves Ibra might leave, I wonder who can afford him he says he misses Italy but no one affords his wages. I think he should go to the Premiership, I think he'd be the only player to win a title in Spain, Italy and England.

A.l.i
27 May 13, 18:04
It would certainly be interesting how he does there.

minterke
27 May 13, 19:04
It would certainly be interesting how he does there.

You kidding me? Zlatan would do good anywhere...he's THAT fucking good.

.h.
27 May 13, 19:05
except barca

minterke
27 May 13, 19:10
except barca

Yeah 16 goals 7 assists in your first year in a new league/new system is a huge failure...

I guess Palacio with 12 goals and 5 assists this year sucked balls according to you.

.h.
27 May 13, 19:16
Yeah 16 goals 7 assists in your first year in a new league/new system is a huge failure...

I guess Palacio with 12 goals and 5 assists this year sucked balls according to you.

I consider Barca losing 45 million euros to offload him as soon as possible a failure, rather than when we desperately fight to cling on to palacio this summer....
also, those stats are fucking retarded. that year barca scored 98 goals in the league - we've oinly scored 57. So pound for pound, Zlatan scored 16% of Barca's goal that year - Palacio scored 21%...

Learn to think critically!

Ffi201zi002tlis
27 May 13, 19:20
and dont forget Palacio got huge support from world class playmaker like Gargano, Schelotto, and he played in superior system which was setup by next Mourinho+Ferguson combined... while Ibra had to play tiki-taka with average midget like Xavi, Iniesta, Messi... :yao:

armendsh
27 May 13, 19:25

RONALDO in first year for REAL Madrid scored 33 goals ?
Also Falcao scored 17goals for ATTLETICO MADRID not BARCA who has a wonderful squad..

And yess ibra is a failure in SPAIN

minterke
27 May 13, 19:31
And yess ibra is a failure in SPAIN

That was his worst season of his career, pretty much speaks volumes of how amazing he is (unless you get a hard on for shitting on him).

I wish Inter's failures had 16 goals and 7 assists.

.h.
27 May 13, 19:38

That was his worst season of his career, pretty much speaks volumes of how amazing he is (unless you get a hard on for shitting on him).

I wish Inter's failures had 16 goals and 7 assists.
there are clearly different "tiers" of failure - no one is accusing him of being a chyrgnsky failure - but when you're signed for 65.5million euros - which makes him the 2nd most expensive football player in history - his return for barca was fucking dreadful.

if you think a £40 million loss after one season is a way of showing how much of a non-failure he is, you need your head checked

even torres - whose first 12 months at chelsea were FAR worse than Ibrahimovic at Barca - has yet to be offloaded for a £40 million loss.... THATS HOW BAD IBRA WAS. WORSE THAN TORRES!

minterke
27 May 13, 19:38
I consider Barca losing 45 million euros to offload him as soon as possible a failure, rather than when we desperately fight to cling on to palacio this summer....
also, those stats are fucking retarded. that year barca scored 98 goals in the league - we've oinly scored 57. So pound for pound, Zlatan scored 16% of Barca's goal that year - Palacio scored 21%...

Learn to think critically!

And btw, by January break Ibra had 11 goals and 4 assists in his first 15 games with Farca by far their best player at the time (he was even voted the best player on their website by the fans in January) that was before Messi started bitching and he had a falling out with Pep where they changed his position in the team.

Do a little research and learn to think critically!

.h.
27 May 13, 19:57
And btw, by January break Ibra had 11 goals and 4 assists in his first 15 games with Farca by far their best player at the time (he was even voted the best player on their website by the fans in January) that was before Messi started bitching and he had a falling out with Pep where they changed his position in the team.

Do a little research and learn to think critically!

who gives a fuck about "by the break"?

at the end of the day - they took the BIGGEST SINGLE LOSS ON ANY FOOTBALLER IN HISTORY on Ibrahimovic, with a 45 million euro loss.

http://soccerlens.com/top-10-most-expensive-transfers-in-football/5244/

No one else on any top 10 list represents such a loss. The only one who even comes CLOSE is Andy Carroll.

Dylan
27 May 13, 20:10
So when Kaka fucks off somewhere or gets released will he become the biggest flop?

.h.
27 May 13, 20:13
So when Kaka fucks off somewhere or gets released will he become the biggest flop?
naw, he's been at real for 4 years now.

Dylan
27 May 13, 20:14
naw, he's been at real for 4 years now.

Ibra arguably did more in his 1 year than Kaka has in 4. Probably cheaper too as I assume Kaka's wages weren't small.

.h.
27 May 13, 20:16
Ibra arguably did more in his 1 year than Kaka has in 4. Probably cheaper too as I assume Kaka's wages weren't small.

ibra was one of the worlds highest earners at Barca. Kaka's wages are less than Ronaldos, which in turn are less than Messis I believe.

Kaka HAS been a flop, theres no doubt about that, but the difference between someone who flopped so hard he was shipped off after 1 season for a 40 million euro loss, and someone who wasnt as good as they expected but they kept around for 4 seasons+ is quite big.

Dylan
27 May 13, 20:22
In the sense that he was potentially going to fuck up the team/dressing room Ibra was a flop for me but on purely performance I really can't see how Kaka hasn't flopped way harder than Ibra.

.h.
27 May 13, 20:24
of course one valid opinion, but like i said, the fact remains that kaka wasnt offloaded by real madrid 1 year later at a 40 million loss. for this very reason, ibra will go down as one of the biggest flops in history, for me.

Dylan
27 May 13, 20:38
Well just using some rough figures;
- if Kaka was on <10 mil a year for the last 4 years, add that to his fee around 65 you get over 100million spent on Kaka.
- if Ibra was on around 12 mil a year for 1 season add that to his 65 and you get under 80 million.

The fact Barca later managed to recoup 25 million for Ibra and put it towards Sánchez I guess while Kaka is still at Madrid underperforming then really Madrid should be the ones hanging their heads about their transfer.

rockball
28 May 13, 13:40
The reason Kaka isn't sold yet is cos no one wants to buy him. Ibra had clubs asking for him, and he left to play the pivotal role in winning the title next season. Yes, Kaka is a lesser flop.