PDA

View Full Version : Javier "Il Capitano" Zanetti

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Pulsar36
08 Jul 04, 20:35
Who will be our captain next year? Cuz there's a lot of talk of Vieri becoming captain. When Mancini was asked, he didn't deny it or even talk about Il capitano. He basically said he'll see and wait to decide.

====================

Il Capitano's first Inter goal:

ANaQCNXa_mk

Jimmy
08 Jul 04, 20:37
If Zanetti wonīt be the captain, then someone will get hurt. The Inter fans would hardly accept someone else besides Zanetti to be captain. And definitely not Vieri.

I was hugely dissappointed that Mancini didnīt say straight out that Zanetti will be the captain.

Pulsar36
08 Jul 04, 20:43
Well that only means that he's still deciding. He's going to ask the players who their captain should be. Its about time we get a captain who stops dwelling over his image in the San Siro and actually yell at his playerse and direct them for once.

Baggio
08 Jul 04, 20:44
After so many years Zanetti capitening Inter it would be an insult if they took away his armband and give it to someone like Vieri who only thinks about himself and not about Inter like Il Capitano does.

If Mancini would do that I would start hating him and I would go to Milan and burn his house and kill all his friends. :D :D

Ziyad
08 Jul 04, 20:47
JZ is the most consistent player who plays all the time and is injury free and the best to lead by example why do we have to take the armband from him to give it to Vieri who will see it as another excuse not to be benched and it will look like we are encouraging the attitude he showed last year...
JZ deserves it more but he has to shout at someone once in a while i think.Some players are blind to leadership by example but i am sure they arent deaf.

Jimmy
08 Jul 04, 20:48
Zanetti donīt need to yell. When I was down there, I talked with the ones who visited inside Appiano Gentile and got the chance to meet some of the players.

They first met Helveg, who was being very social and all. Then when Zanetti entered the room, Helveg took a step away, and you could see the respect Zanetti has.

Zanetti is captaining this team in his own way. Heīs not the yelling kind of guy. Heīs the one who gives 100% and sets an example for his team-mates.

Then we have heard from the other players, that it is in the locker-room that Zanetti is being very vocal. He does most of the talking there along with the coach.

Thereīs only one captain for this team!

Baggio
08 Jul 04, 20:51
Zanetti donīt need to yell. When I was down there, I talked with the ones who visited inside Appiano Gentile and got the chance to meet some of the players.

They first met Helveg, who was being very social and all. Then when Zanetti entered the room, Helveg took a step away, and you could see the respect Zanetti has.

Zanetti is captaining this team in his own way. Heīs not the yelling kind of guy. Heīs the one who gives 100% and sets an example for his team-mates.

Then we have heard from the other players, that it is in the locker-room that Zanetti is being very vocal. He does most of the talking there along with the coach.

Thereīs only one captain for this team!I didnt know Zanetti is that kind of a person and now when I know I respect him even more.

Dont you dare Mancini to take that armband from him. :fero: :fero:

:star: FORZA Il Capitano :star:

Pulsar36
08 Jul 04, 20:53
All I got to say is that losing teams are captained by losing captains. Maybe we need a change of leadership to finally install a discipline inside these spoiled player's heads.

Baggio
08 Jul 04, 20:56
All I got to say is that losing teams are captained by losing captains. Maybe we need a change of leadership to finally install a discipline inside these spoiled player's heads.Dont you dare to offend our capitain!! :fero: :fero:

Whats wrong with you man? :confused:

Pulsar36
08 Jul 04, 21:09
Nothing, but I think we need a sour person who yells at players to be our captain, not some wannabe poster boy. FORZA JZ however

Gismo
08 Jul 04, 21:25
Boy you are so wrong Pulsar36. If you look closely you will see how good a captain he really is. You only look at the outside and what the public sees. There is more than meets the eye, my friend.

Donīt ever insult our candidate legend, Javier Adelmar Zanetti!!!! :fero::fero:

Come on, man! What did you smoke? :D

Jimmy put it wonderfully well. I suggest you read his post again! ;)

Pravesh
09 Jul 04, 01:00
that wud be a stupid move to take the captain arm band away from j.zanetti ....

and i am hopeful that mancini won't make such kinda stupid move !! :stuckup:

:)

cool_cuchu
09 Jul 04, 01:54
Javier Zanetti is a true captain....
I don't see many captains like him...

if he's replaced, I think he will accept it... but I don't see a reason why Vieri should be the captain instead of him..

It's true that mancini will deploy vieri almost regularly... but Javer Zaneti will play every game...

It's not something we need to change, mancini has bigger issues than this.. I dont think he will waste his energy to do such a thing

Handoyo
09 Jul 04, 05:42
I'm stealing this phrase from an AS Roma banner: "C'e solo un capitano." There is only one captain in Inter and it is Javier Zanetti. I'm utterly disappointed that Mancini didn't say that J.Zanetti will undoubtedly become the captain next season. I hope he's just being diplomatic. Any other captain; be it fans' favourite Cordoba, Toldo, Adriano or Martins; shall not be accepted and will be regarded as a travesty of justice. There are many type of captain in this world and Javier Zanetti is not the yelling type. Javier Zanetti simply leads by example.

Hand:scream:yo

InteristaMensur
09 Jul 04, 08:22
Noone deserve to captain but JZ.NOONE!!!

Giorgio
09 Jul 04, 09:22
How can you take the captain's armband away from JZ. There is nobody at Inter that even comes close. I can hardly imagine Vieri shouting at his players..... :rolleyes:
JZ is a nerazzuri symbol. Basically read Jimmy's post he really summed up perfectly why this guy is captain. He doesn't need to shout he just leads by example. To be honest, having played in Football and Rugby teams at low level I always find that those types of Captains are the best. The players don't need to be shouted at. They just follow his lead. The defence are marshalled by Toldo anyway, he tells them what to do. But JZ shall stay as Inter captain until he retires. He's our longest serving player(I think :rolleyes: ) and our most consistently good player and our most respected player. What more could you ask for?
If Mancini replaces him he will lose so many fan's respect already. Therefore I think he knows it would be the wrong thing to do.

Riku
09 Jul 04, 15:26
I doubt Mancini would have the guts to come to a new club and just strip the captains armband from Zanetti. And I`m quite sure that all the players would be against it as well. Not to mention the fans.

Gismo
09 Jul 04, 16:39
I'm utterly disappointed that Mancini didn't say that J.Zanetti will undoubtedly become the captain next season. I hope he's just being diplomatic.

Hand:scream:yo

I think it is very likely that he is just being neutral regarding the value of our players until he gets to analyze his squad for himself.

If this isnīt the case I am very unhappy with him! Personally I choose to believe that he was just trying avoid saying something unwise at the news conference. So maybe he chose to simply donīt reveal his cards on who should be the captain of his team for that reason...

That is two possible options perhaps. Tough to analyze... :P

Hopefully one of these options or even both are true. Otherwise... :(:eek::(

Fabio
09 Jul 04, 16:46
There is no need to change Captain as Javier has earned his captaincy and Mancini would be out of his mind to change it! :star:

M.M#23
09 Jul 04, 16:51
Well every-time I hear the word CAPTAIN I imagine Javier Zanetti. And he doesn't have to yell and shout cause he serves as a professional example.
Some people say that the Captain should be Italian, I disagree, and I doubt that the Inter players will choose someone else for Captain except Javier Zanetti.
When he goes (retires) the Captain should be Zanetti(again) but this time Cristiano :D :D ;) ;)

Handoyo
09 Jul 04, 17:23
I added a poll just for the hell of it.

Hand:Dyo

Gismo
09 Jul 04, 22:14
I voted for Il Capitano - Zanna alias Javier Adelmar Zanetti, obviously...

I predict a big victory JZ in this poll. :D

Who voted for Vieri? Pulsar? :):) Or Tommi, maybe... :):)

Il Capitano taking the early lead: 13 votes already. Vieri has received 1 vote.

Fabio
09 Jul 04, 22:26
I voted for the obviously obvious Zanetti! :D Obviously!

Pulsar36
09 Jul 04, 22:38
I'll give you a clue=- i voted for the minority candidate

Gismo
09 Jul 04, 23:05
OK, Pulsar36... I had a theory it was you. :);)

Anyways, I just got to think of something: If say Mancini made Vieri captain... (I would never accept that). Wouldnīt it present one simple problem?

Yes, Vieri might not get to play all the time... At least almost for sure not as much as Super Zanna. ;) That would breed a simple problem for Inter... A practical one: The tiny piece of cloth on the arm you have to wear as a captain would shift to often...

bobati
09 Jul 04, 23:07
Adriano and no one else.

Baggio
09 Jul 04, 23:13
I voted for one and only Javier Adelmar Zanetti!!! :) ;)

FORZa Pupi!!! :star: :star: :star:

Shaun
09 Jul 04, 23:53
:star: Javier Adelmar Zanetti :star:

Pravesh
10 Jul 04, 02:25
I voted for the deserving one !
The one who has never stopped in believing Inter.
The one who always give everything for the sake of inter in the field.
The one who never gives up, even when others have already lost their hope.
the one and only !! :fero: :stuckup: :mad: :frustrat:

J.ZANETTI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D ;)

Gaetan
10 Jul 04, 02:54
Zanetti, no questions about it. The thought of him being stripped of the captains armband is utter disrespect on Mancio's part. He deserves much more then we offer him and the least we can do is show him how much we love and appreciate him. During the good and the bad he's always sticked with the Nerazzurri, he may not be vocal but he leads by example like some here have mentioned.

He could have easily left to another club because we're known to be huge failures, screwing up year after year. He got an offer to play for Real Madrid and rejected it - now, find me a player that would stay at Inter instead of joining one of the most glorious clubs in the world and i'll show you a player that doesn't exist. Yes, i am aware that Cordoba chose to play for us over Madrid but at the time Perez wasn't the president and they weren't as much as a worldwide powerhouse.

Miki
10 Jul 04, 05:03
Well, i am truly amazed that such a question can even be asked. Every club has a captain, and this very captain often embodies the heart and soul of the team, or at least the one most respected by the coach, the players and the fans. Or the captain could even be the one that has stayed the longest at the club.

It is no surprise then, to note that Javier Zanetti fits all 3 of the above-mentioned descriptions. I don't think there is even a need to consider a new captain as long as Il Capitano is still around. Back in 2000, there was a debate about whether Ronaldo should be the captain; i staunchly refused to accept a proposal to see Ronaldo as a captain or even as a vice-captain. Why? Because he doesn't deserve it.

Fast forward to 2004, and again i see this same question! Really, what must Javier Zanetti do to gain the utmost respect of EVERY Interista once and for all? He has been the most dedicated player we have on our ranks. He goes into every game wearing the colors of the jersey on his heart, and even if he has a bad day, you can see that he tried his level best. Il Capitano is a model professional, a true fan of the club and our longest serving player. If those are not good enough requirements to be our club's captain without a shadow of a doubt, then how about this - Javier Zanetti loves this club and the club absolutely loves him. IMO, the sum of all descriptions is enough to ensure that Il Capitano remain as that until the day he retires.

After all, nobody is more deserving of the captaincy than the one who has given his all for the club.

Ciao,
Tim

Ari
10 Jul 04, 10:05
This is totally becoming a nightmare. There shouldn't be this problem. :scared:

Handoyo
10 Jul 04, 10:24
It is no surprise then, to note that Javier Zanetti fits all 3 of the above-mentioned descriptions. I don't think there is even a need to consider a new captain as long as Il Capitano is still around. Back in 2000, there was a debate about whether Ronaldo should be the captain; i staunchly refused to accept a proposal to see Ronaldo as a captain or even as a vice-captain. Why? Because he doesn't deserve it.
Yeah, that was one hell of a joke. The captain should not be the most famous player but the player who has consistently given every drop of sweat and every ounce of energy he had for the team. :proud:

Hand:star:yo

Interforeva
10 Jul 04, 11:58
This is so stupid, Zanetti is the captain and he should stay captain until he leaves the club or stops playing regularly. Mancini would not be dumb enough to even try something like this.

Javier Zanetti
10 Jul 04, 12:05
This is so stupid, Zanetti is the captain and he should stay captain until he leaves the club or stops playing regularly. Mancini would not be dumb enough to even try something like this.
Are you trying to say what I'm thinking your'e trying to say ?! :eek:

C'E SOLO UN CAPITANO !

After god ...errr sorry...Javier Zanetti retires , I'd like him to get a non-playing role at the club , and Burdisso ,Emre,Martins or Adriano to be the new captain . :star:

Interforeva
10 Jul 04, 14:06

I am saying Mancini would b mad to think of changing our Captain. Zanetti should stay captain as long as he is at Inter and is actually playing, if he had a long term injury and couldn't play regulary like say Coco then we would need a new captain, but don't worry I am sure Zanetti would get the armband back when he returns :D

Pravesh
10 Jul 04, 14:23
Veron agrees with us ... Well, J.Zanetti is his country mate as well :D
But still, he's right !! :stuckup:

What do you think about the idea od Christian Vieri becoming Inter captain?

VERON - "I believe the captain is still Javier Zanetti and for me it's fine like this. If Mancini then decides something else there won't be any problems for me."

:star: :proud:

Marco The Butcher
10 Jul 04, 15:09
Wow, all this happened in 2 days. I didnt log yesterday, and when i opened this topic i didnt know what poll is this about. Its so dissapointing to see how far we getting from the true essence of being Inter fans. Out of all the problems we have, people are opening such a topic..!!! As an Inter fan i'm embaressed and shocked at this discussion.

I was shocked and sad to see such a topic and about what Mancini said, i still didnt read anything on inter.it and ill go now to read everything.
Its a fatal crime to even think about someone replacing Javier and i feel sad that some people voted for other players. :depress:

The thing is, we are humans and we can(must) debate on most of the things so we can continue living in this world. But to vote for another captain, especially the one we have then really this is sad and i wont be wondering why other fans joke about us and our club.!!!

You can debate about Del Piero, Totti, Raul. But no one will ever come up with a suggestion to replace Maldini, Vieira, Keane and Javier to give up on the armband. I mean do you expect the armband to go to Sheeva, RVN, Henry and Owen..?????

The only player who could have replaced our captain in the past years, would have been Gigi (Di Biaggio) and also i would have never even consider it.

I dont think i will add more to this topic. I don't understand really why we're having this discussion.....it's so shallow and degrading as human beings.....

Gismo
10 Jul 04, 16:17
Out of all the problems we have, people are opening such a topic..!!!
So you never heard of Pulsar36? hehehe... :D:D:D

Well his view of a captain seems to be someone who has to set the other players straight even to be considered a captain... I really donīt get that at all... The arguments against this opinion have already been made. And I agree with them.

Pravesh
10 Jul 04, 16:24

Well his view of a captain seems to be someone who has to set the other players straight even to be considered a captain... I really donīt get that at all... The arguments against this opinion have already been made. And I agree with them.

exactly gismo, marco, not to forget others as well.

I was really shocked as well when this debate started. Thank god, it's only one who voted for vieri ........ i am not sure why adriano was voted though !! :D

Gismo
10 Jul 04, 16:40
Probably because the voter was an Adriano fan, Prav.

Pravesh
10 Jul 04, 16:44
Probably because the voter was an Adriano fan, Prav.

may be ....

i was a ronaldo fan as well ... but still i wanted j.zanetti to be our captain .... I never even thought of ronaldo getting that arm band .. i didn't want that ....

a player shud be given what he deserves ... :)
and I know u do agree with me .....

:star:

Sisenando
10 Jul 04, 16:48
:dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh: How did Greece win the Euro? Did they give the captaincy to top scorer Charisteas or Karagounis?No! Zagorakis, the anchor in their midfield. And do you strip the captaincy from JZ?What wrong has he done? Either you think like England and give the captaincy to a lunatic like David B. or you reward JZ with the least he deserves, the Captain's armband :)

Pulsar36
10 Jul 04, 17:37

Explain yourself. Un called for.

Gismo
10 Jul 04, 18:23
I was merely referring to your past behaviour at the previous Inter forum.

Explanation given. ;)

Javier Zanetti
10 Jul 04, 18:26

I am saying Mancini would b mad to think of changing our Captain. Zanetti should stay captain as long as he is at Inter and is actually playing, if he had a long term injury and couldn't play regulary like say Coco then we would need a new captain, but don't worry I am sure Zanetti would get the armband back when he returns :D
I was refering to the BOLD part !
Do you have any doubts about Javier Zanetti's Inter future ? :mad:

Handoyo
10 Jul 04, 18:51
Wow, all this happened in 2 days. I didnt log yesterday, and when i opened this topic i didnt know what poll is this about. Its so dissapointing to see how far we getting from the true essence of being Inter fans. Out of all the problems we have, people are opening such a topic..!!! As an Inter fan i'm embaressed and shocked at this discussion.
If you have followed the discussion, the result is a resounding victory for Il Tractore, Pupi, Zannaman; or whatever his name is. :proud:

The only player who could have replaced our captain in the past years, would have been Gigi (Di Biaggio) and also i would have never even consider it.
And Ivan Cordoba. ;) But, c'e solo un capitano, Javier Zanetti. :proud:

Hand;)yo

Pulsar36
10 Jul 04, 20:37
I was merely referring to your past behaviour at the previous Inter forum.

Explanation given. ;)

Well go on all you want about my past behavior at another forum. I don't really care. I shouldn't have posted here to begin with.

J zanetti
10 Jul 04, 21:22
Being a HUGE fan of our numero 4, I was delighted to see the result of the vote (sa far).

To start with I think it is even silly to have a poll in regards to this matter ;)

I have personally met him 3 times and everytime he was VERY friendly and had alot of patience towards my crappy Italian and so forth ;)
Very down to earth and always in a good mood :)

This guy has the respect of every single player (inside the team and his opponents) and also all the referees in serie A.
He gives 100% in every game and has a Inter heart like no other.
He respected and loved by the fans and the club members and its management.

Some people suggest that we need someone who can shout and push our players and so on. True, they do have a point. BUT you can not take away ALL his qualities and replace him only because of that reason.

Vieri as captan to me is a JOKE!
I also agree with Jimmy on this one.
I think Mancini should have clearly stated that Zanetti will obviously lead the team in the future aswell.

Stefan
10 Jul 04, 21:32
I think people are blowing this way out of porportion. All what mancini said is the team will decide . How can he state who will be the captain if he hasn't even had all the players for training yet?? I think there is no way jz will be replaced by vieri unless the team wants vieri as captain which I doudt.

Handoyo
10 Jul 04, 21:59
A perfect example that a simple matter is being blown out of proportion by us. :embarass::D:p

Anyway, I made that poll just to prove to any doubters that J.Zanetti is the one and only player who deserve to wear the captain's armband. Hell, even if he doesn't play, I think he should be the one who wears it and lead from the sideline!!! :D

Zanetti, you're lucky. ;)

Hand;)yo

Miki
10 Jul 04, 22:03
It is blown out of proportion only because all of us care so much about the captaincy of the club, and more importantly, of Javier Zanetti staying on as captain. Only true fans of Il Capitano would react the way we did. After all, there is nobody in this world that truly represents the face of the club more so than Javier Zanetti. And in this respect, all of us (well, most of us) are of the opinion that nobody deserves the captaincy more so than the man who has been the heart and soul of the club.

Also, do you watch any of Il Capitano's gols? What is the first thing he does everytime he scores?

That's right, he kisses the shirt. That is how much Inter means to him.

Ciao,
Tim

Pulsar36
10 Jul 04, 22:05
Think about this- When's the last time he scored a goal?

By the way, are you Xavi?

Stefan
10 Jul 04, 22:08

He plays right back they don't score many goals.

Handoyo
10 Jul 04, 22:15

The captain is not the primadona of the team nor the top goal-scorer of the team.

Hand;)yo

Miki
10 Jul 04, 22:16

Well, Il Capitano is a full-back, and his usual forays up-front are merely to create for others. Despite his excellent dribbling skills, Capitano is too humble a player to go for the gol himself.

Also, when taking on the corners, unlike the other players like Cordoba, Matrix or Cannavaro, he doesn't stay within the center of the box. He usually waits outside the penalty area in order to take the rebound shots - that is one of his most potent abilities, to take powerful shots on gol.

Anyway, the last time Il Capitano scored was away against Empoli, last season.

And yeah, it's me Xavi. :)

Ciao,
Tim

Pulsar36
10 Jul 04, 22:37
He did scorelast year..damn i missed it

Gismo
10 Jul 04, 22:41
Nevermind, Pulsar. ;) Only very few people in the world remember such things as when Super Zanna scores.

Those people are mostly Inter, obviosly. And the Interisti who remember this do have a pretty sharp memory or they are big admirers of Javier Zanetti.

Pulsar36
10 Jul 04, 22:43
I could careless for Javier Zanetti so thats why i probasbly don't remember..i care about the team and no player is bigger than the team not even vieri or jz or cordoba or gamarra

plutus
11 Jul 04, 01:53
Well, to me this poll should even have not existed...

I really HATE those stupid Italian media who trying to make chaos in such
a kind of matter --- Like the guy who asked Veron the quetion in the news
conference. Making story is their instinct, but don't let them fool you at all.

plutus
11 Jul 04, 02:46

Thereīs only one captain for this team!I didnt know Zanetti is that kind of a person and now when I know I respect him even more.

Dont you dare Mancini to take that armband from him. :fero: :fero:

:star: FORZA Il Capitano :star:

Oh you should know this~~ :D Also as I know, Capitano is very nice, smiling and making jokes at all time out of pitch, make everyone close to
him relaxed. Plus, he is very good at karaoke, :dielaugh:

Oh, this is a poll thread about the possible "new" captain, so I should
shut up.

p.s. Here is a funny pose he took in his "El Gaucho" in Milan.
http://images.anhuinews.com/articleimage/200306/1054687937622.jpg[/img]

Pravesh
11 Jul 04, 07:08

he's a defender who helps in attack !! :)

he's doesn't have to score goals to show his worth ! ;)

:star:

Sisenando
11 Jul 04, 08:12
I could careless for Javier Zanetti so thats why i probasbly don't remember..i care about the team and no player is bigger than the team not even vieri or jz or cordoba or gamarra

No player is bigger than the team, and no player is bigger than JZ in terms of leadership and humility :)

Miki
12 Jul 04, 08:23
Except that the team is essentially made up of the players, the fans, the management & the staff, and nobody is greater than Javier Zanetti amongst this collection of individuals. :)

Ciao,
Tim

intermilansg
12 Jul 04, 14:12
JZ = INTER

enuff said :proud:

Fabio
12 Jul 04, 18:26
Also, do you watch any of Il Capitano's gols? What is the first thing he does everytime he scores?

That's right, he kisses the shirt. That is how much Inter means to him.

Ciao,
Tim

And for once he is a player who means it! :proud:

Pulsar36
12 Jul 04, 19:02
So why do you guys think that Vieri doesn't celebrate his goals??????

Cuz he doesn't want to waste time- he's a true leader and Interista and he wants to get back to the center circle and start playing and score more goals!@!!!

Miki
12 Jul 04, 19:11

Cuz he doesn't want to waste time- he's a true leader and Interista and he wants to get back to the center circle and start playing and score more goals!@!!!
This goes more than just how someone celebrates his gols. Javier Zanetti has proven over the years that he has loyalty to this club. There have been occasions that Il Capitano was on the verge of leaving the club. The very fact that he has stayed on is proof that either the club values his potential and worth, or the fact that he truly loves Inter too much to see himself play for any other team. You can call it both ways Pulsar, but don't deny the man the respect he deserves. :)

Ciao,
Tim

Handoyo
12 Jul 04, 19:31
:dielaugh::lol::howler:

If the best goal celebrationer (:D) is the captain, Oba will be our captain. :D

Hand;)yo

Pulsar36
12 Jul 04, 19:46
dude, if ur talking goal celebrations..all i gotta say is

VIERI, ITALIA VS> NORWAY WC 1998

Ziyad
12 Jul 04, 20:27

Plz tell me ur kidding...So when Vieri did celebrate the goals he wasnt a leader but then when he stopped he was,and then he started celebrating again,does that mean he no longer is a leader???

Pulsar36
12 Jul 04, 20:30
Look man, don't fault him for all those celebrations....he was going through hard times in his life, and he just couldn't handle being a leader at those points..but now, he's true leader...true maximus

Noodles
12 Jul 04, 20:52
dude, if ur talking goal celebrations..all i gotta say is

My God! Those were the days. Fine moment, never forget..

SB9Dragon
12 Jul 04, 21:25
What does celebrating goals or not celebrating have anything to do with captaincy? Simply put Javier Zanetti has been at the club the longest (I'm pretty sure) he's stuck with the club through thick and thin and he has been captain for multiple seasons, so why take the captains armband from him?

On Vieri, he didn't stop celebrating goals to get the ball quickly back to the center of the field so that play could continue. He stopped because at that time he was angry/irritated with the fans who were excessively booing him. He was also going through a scoring drought.

Miki
12 Jul 04, 22:16
Look man, don't fault him for all those celebrations....he was going through hard times in his life, and he just couldn't handle being a leader at those points..but now, he's true leader...true maximus
In a way, Vieri is a leader in his own right - i don't think that can be disputed. After all, being the club's number 1 goalscorer for 4 seasons has to count for something in the way of leadership on the pitch. However, his celebrations has nothing to do with his role on the field - however he chooses to celebrate is seperate from his ability to become someone the whole team looks up to.

Anyway, for argument's sake, why is it that you (or supposedly so) think that Javier Zanetti is less capable of being a leader/captain for FC Inter than Vieri? I'd love to hear your points.

Ciao,
Tim

Tommi
12 Jul 04, 22:25
Are you talking about this:

http://www.vieri.8m.net/vieridelpiero.jpg

That sure was a nice celebration. :star: :star:

Anywayz, even i think that Javier should be our captain. It would be a shame if someone would force him to take off his armband. Iīm sure Mancini was just polite when the journalist asked him that question. But if (a big IF) players want other captain, then thatīs whole different story or IF Zanetti doesnt wanna be a captain anymore, then the players should decide whoīs the best captain.

As i said, Zanetti should definitely be our captain, but IF something like i mentioned (above) happens, then Vieri ainīt so bad candinate than some of you have mentioned. Sure he hasnt always celebrated his goals (he has scored over 100 goals for Inter and he havent celebrated about 5 goals, whatīs the bid deal?), but still he would be a quite good candinate. To me, he had good enough reason not to celebrate (who cares about that anymore tho).

Vieri is very well respected by his teammates (quite different than around here), heīs been with us since 1999, he has character, he stayed with us even when we havent won anything and "better teams" (<- more succesful) have wanted him (just like in JZ case). To me, thatīs quite good candinate IF players dont want JZ to be a captain or JZ himself dont wanna be a captain anymore. I dont see that happen tho...

Miki
12 Jul 04, 22:28
Are you talking about this:

http://www.vieri.8m.net/vieridelpiero.jpg

That sure was a nice celebration. :star: :star:

Anywayz, even i think that Javier should be our captain. It would be a shame if someone would force him to take off his armband. Iīm sure Mancini was just polite when the journalist asked him that question. But if (a big IF) players want other captain, then thatīs whole different story or IF Zanetti doesnt wanna be a captain anymore, then the players should decide whoīs the best captain.

As i said, Zanetti should definitely be our captain, but IF something like i mentioned (above) happens, then Vieri ainīt so bad candinate than some of you have mentioned. Sure he hasnt always celebrated his goals (he has scored over 100 goals for Inter and he havent celebrated about 5 goals, whatīs the bid deal?), but still he would be a quite good candinate. To me, he had good enough reason not to celebrate (who cares about that anymore tho).

Vieri is very well respected by his teammates (quite different than around here), heīs been with us since 1999, he has character, he stayed with us even when we havent won anything and better teams have wanted him (just like in JZ case). To me, thatīs quite good candinate IF players dont want JZ to be a captain or JZ himself dont wanna be a captain anymore. I dont see that happen tho...
That wasn't just a nice celebration, but was also a very nice gol. Anybody who says Vieri doesn't have a good burst of speed should watch that gol - it was simply awesome. :)

Anyway, Vieri is indeed one of the better candidates for vice-captain. Along with Cordoba and Toldo, i don't see anybody else who deserves the armband more. These afore-mentioned 3 players have done a good job with the club, and their senority by way of their age and/or time spent with the club are good factors for them to take over the captaincy if and when Il Capitano retires. Which of course, doesn't seem like something that is going to happen anytime soon. ;)

Ciao,
Tim

Pulsar36
13 Jul 04, 00:38
I agree. Javier Zanetti is our captain and should remain our captain. Mostly because he had to sacrifice a lot for his love for Inter. As for his actual leadership, I guess making an example on the field is good enough. But as for directing people and actually yelling at them, I think Vieri would be better for that cuz he yells and sulks at himself for missing shots so I'm sure he wouldn't mind doing it to Martins or Mr. invisibile himself stankovic. Umm...so u guys win. Forza jZ

But damn thanks for the pic man I have a video of that, do you have it too? that is pure class dude its the bomb

Handoyo
13 Jul 04, 07:37
Vieri IS our vice-captain. It has been one hell of a long time since JZ didn't start a match and Vieri did. As far as I can remember, the last time was the first Derby d'Madoninna in 02/03. J.Zanetti (And some other Argentinians I might add!!!) was disgracefully used for a full 90 minutes against Japan (In Japan) in a completely useless friendly which happened just 2-3 days before the derby. He wasn't fit enough to start the match. Cordoba, Toldo and Vieri all started if I'm not wrong and I'm sure it was Vieri who got the honour to be the captain of the night.

Hand;)yo

InteristaMensur
13 Jul 04, 09:00
I remembert that France was first and Brazil 2nd.What happend whit italy?
I obviously have memory problem. :D :dielaugh: :depress:

Handoyo
13 Jul 04, 09:02
Italy was knocked out by France in the semi final through penalties. The match ended 0-0 in full time. I remember Di Biagio crashing the cross bar but I forget about the rest of the PKs.

Hand;)yo

Pravesh
13 Jul 04, 09:59
Italy was knocked out by France in the semi final through penalties. The match ended 0-0 in full time. I remember Di Biagio crashing the cross bar but I forget about the rest of the PKs.

Hand;)yo

Baggio scored this time (penalty)

That's what I remember

and the rest from google :

GROUP B
Italy - Chile 2:2 (1:1)
Italy - Cameroon 3:0 (1:0)
Italy - Austria 2:1 (0:0)

Group B
Italy 7:1 7-3
Chile 3:3 4-4
Austria 2:5 3-4
Cameroon 2:5 2-5

1/8 FINALS
Italy - Norway 1:0 (1:0)

QUARTERFINALS
France - Italy 0:0 penalties: 4:3 (Di Biagio and Albertini missed)

Top scorers
Šuker (Croatia) 6
Batistuta (Argentina)
Vieri (Italy) 5 :proud:

Miki
13 Jul 04, 10:03

Hand;)yo
Baggio scored, Albertini had his penalty saved, Costacurta scored, Vieri scored and Di Biagio missed the final penalty.

Ciao,
Tim

Frisko
19 Jul 04, 08:35
Nothing, but I think we need a sour person who yells at players to be our captain, not some wannabe poster boy. FORZA JZ however

:mad: :fero: :yuck: :frustrat: :wth:

Pulsar one word for you: GRRRRR!

I think Mancini has only been diplomatic, he wanted to show that he came to Inter with no pre-existing ideas, and that he will make his decisions after he gets to know the players.

Of course J Zanetti will be our captain, he's so important for us. He may not yell around the pitch, but his confidence is what makes him the ideal captain. When he has the ball I know we won't lose it, and his team-mates know that too.

Pulsar on your knees and apologize NOW :rolleyes:

J zanetti
19 Jul 04, 09:58
I think Mancini has only been diplomatic, he wanted to show that he came to Inter with no pre-existing ideas, and that he will make his decisions after he gets to know the players.

I like that phrase you used. Spot on! :)

ditto :D

Giorgio
19 Jul 04, 10:00

Hand;)yo

It was the quarter final BTW.

France met Croatia in the semi's.

Frisko
19 Jul 04, 11:59

I like that phrase you used. Spot on! :)

ditto :D

Thank you mate :) :rolleyes:

GentinteR
19 Jul 04, 16:13
ok
i agree that J.ZANETTI would be our captain but how u ALL can predict that he will not get injured????
i think he is a man and not ROBOCOP
maybe he would be injured for 6 months and vieri will be the most constant player of our team, WHO KNOWS
we have to look to other sides
zanetti is for a long time at inter, he is in generally old player and has a big experience(in football game and also in captanity), and everyone is used to see zanetti our captain
otherelse to be our captain is very very shameful and is dissrespect for J'ZANETTI

C'E SOLO L'INTER

Handoyo
19 Jul 04, 16:24
He's not Robocop. Even Robocop needs some maintainance. Javier Zanetti is Superman. All he need is food, drink & some Milanista's a$$ to kick and he'll be fit forever. :)

Hand;)yo

Gismo
19 Jul 04, 18:04
Am I the only one who still believes Cordoba is our vice-captain behind J. Zanetti? :redface:

All respect for Vieri. But Cordoba should IMO be vice-captain as he has been for some time now. :stuckup::D

Giorgio
19 Jul 04, 18:41
I too thought it was Cordoba, but seeing as the majority think Vieri is vice-captain then we're probably the ones who are wrong Gismo. :rolleyes:

Gismo
19 Jul 04, 18:46
Perhaps... Letīs await Manciniīs decision after consulting the team.

Jimmy
19 Jul 04, 19:07
Recoba was captaining the team against Brunico with Cordoba on the field. So I donīt know what to make of that.

Giorgio
19 Jul 04, 19:22
Perhaps Mancini doesn't consider Cordoba to be part of his first team :confused: :depress: :eek:

Or maybe he's just a huge fan of Recoba, and by making this offer, he is trying to build Alvaro's confidence. Who knows.

Gismo
19 Jul 04, 19:22
I guess we will only know for sure who is captain and vice-captain when the season starts with the CL Preliminaries.

I cannot imagine Mancini not using Cordoba. :)

GentinteR
19 Jul 04, 20:43
He's not Robocop. Even Robocop needs some maintainance. Javier Zanetti is Superman. All he need is food, drink & some Milanista's a$$ to kick and he'll be fit forever. :)

Hand;)yo
its really good for ur health to make yourself happy
isnt it???

C'E SOLO L'INTER

Pulsar36
19 Jul 04, 20:47
I'm sorry.

Ziyad
19 Jul 04, 21:05
Hasnt Recoba been at the team longer? :confused:
Thats the reason if there are any..

Gismo
19 Jul 04, 21:08
A long shot could be to boost his morale like A#10 said.

Frisko
19 Jul 04, 21:34
I'm sorry.

You're forgiven but another word against the Captain and it will be severe punishment for you LOL :D

Pulsar36
19 Jul 04, 21:45
I'm sorry.

You're forgiven but another word against the Captain and it will be severe punishment for you LOL :D

Okay won't happen again.

Gaetan
19 Jul 04, 21:53
It's nothing new, folks.

Last time around it was that bastard Ronaldo that people were thinking of making the captain. Anyways, i sorta feel that Mancio was indeed just trying to bring in a breathe of fresh air and give the media a clue that he will introduce a brand new team. I believe many things will be changed, starting with our players mentality to our style of play. Not only must it be effective, but Mancio isn't one to sit back for 90 minutes IMO.

He needs to give this team a "make over" just like Cuper did when he signed in 2001. In Mancini we trust, boys.

Gismo
20 Jul 04, 10:47
I really hope Mancini will change the mentality of the club. With the help of his "the players need to have fun" ideology he might succeed. I give him 50% chance of toughening our mental strength.

K.I.
21 Jul 04, 06:05
well ofcourse zanetti will be captain becuase he is the longest serving and is an idol to all the players including vieri,and mancini would lose his reputation if he does something like that becuase zanettis is the longest serving player in the club and thats it,and recoba is second because he is the second most serving player at the club

the list of captains in order:
1-j.zanetti
2-recoba
3-vieri
4-cordoba

cool_cuchu
21 Jul 04, 06:43
mine is :
1. Javier Zanetti
2. Vieri
3. Stankovic
4. Cordoba
5. Cannavaro
6. Veron
7. Recoba

GentinteR
21 Jul 04, 07:43
mine
1. J.ZANETTI
2. VIERI
3. RECOBA
4. CORDOBA

Giorgio
21 Jul 04, 08:21
1. J.Zanetti
2. Cordoba
3. Toldo
4. Vieri
5. Cannavaro

CafeCordoba
21 Jul 04, 10:06
I was able to watch the Copa America semifinal Argentina-Columbia and in that match Zanetti played really well (like usually), he did a lot those trademark runs from the right flank. :thumbsup:

My list for the captain:

1. J.Zanetti
2. Cordoba
3. Recoba
4. Vieri
5. Toldo

Pravesh
21 Jul 04, 10:18
After watching J.Zanetti's performance in Copa, the thing that has amazed me are J.Zanetti's crosses. I hadn't thought that he was also a good crosser. His runs doesn't amazes me anymore as I am used to it, but his crosses. wow...

Frisko
22 Jul 04, 08:40
After watching J.Zanetti's performance in Copa, the thing that has amazed me are J.Zanetti's crosses. I hadn't thought that he was also a good crosser. His runs doesn't amazes me anymore as I am used to it, but his crosses. wow...

I told you that he could play RW without any problems! :rolleyes:

Miki
22 Jul 04, 08:55

Hand;)yo
I was reading some older posts and i came across Han's post. And i started laughing.

Man, Robocop sucks!! You can't compare Il Capitano with that walking piece of junk! :D

Did you watch Robocop 2? Remember when that spam can walked into that garage or something and got chopped up by all the bad guys? Well, Il Capitano takes on 10 men and gets away from it with barely a scratch. :D:D

I know you weren't comparing Capitano with Robocop, but they are frankly in 2 different worlds. Like you mentioned, Superman is the right alter ego for Capitano - they even look alike (Christopher Reeve that is). :dielaugh:

My god! Robocop & Capitano! Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! :D:D

Ciao,
Tim

benny
22 Jul 04, 09:15
Zanetti J. has a great "heart" but nothing more. He is a normal player, not a champ. Maybe we must accept him again as capitain, but he is like Paganini and other not glorious capitain in our recent years.
There was a man with heart and charisma and his name is Gigi Di Biagio. But the Brains in Palazzo Durini prefered Lamouchi... :fero:

Gismo
22 Jul 04, 10:50
How many times did you see J. Zanetti, benny? :wth:

:D

benny
22 Jul 04, 11:01
More than you, be sure Gismo... For a while I went in Appiano to see the training. I've also a picture with him. :) I don't hate him, I just think that his time in our team is finished.

Gismo
22 Jul 04, 11:13
I know why you think this way now. I still donīt think he will fade away, he will burn out! ;)

benny
22 Jul 04, 11:17
I hope that you'll be right. Believe me, I pray to be wrong... :)

Gismo
22 Jul 04, 11:19
Ealier today I feared you were Milanista. :D:eek: But you are simply an Interista with a fear. I was so relieved. :thumbsup:;)

Jimmy
22 Jul 04, 11:24
We must have ended up with the only 2 people who can see something bad in Javier Zanetti.

I think we deserve a prize for that one.

Gismo
22 Jul 04, 11:52
Yeah, odd coincidence. I am happy though that Pulsar is behaving well! :thumbsup: And that we have a member like benny who has been Interfan for over 30 years! :thumbsup:

benny
22 Jul 04, 12:03
Thank you, Gismo... I was afraid you dislike me... :D
ehi Jimmi... come in Milan and you'll meet a lot of people, Inter fans obviously, who see something bad in Javier Zanetti. But relax... there were a lot of people who didn't like Matthaus, time ago... :)
with regards to the prize... beh, a scudetto sounds good to me... :dielaugh:

Jimmy
22 Jul 04, 12:06
Then I suggest that Zanetti leaves this club. Unappriciated as hell.

But Iīm not gonna debate this stupid thing.

benny
22 Jul 04, 12:11
Yes, that's really a stupid thing to debate because just the managers can sell Zanetti. Not me or you, Jimmy. Just them... :dielaugh:
And if they have given Roberto Carlos to Real Madrid, nothing is impossibile, Jimmi. Nothing.... ahahah... :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh:

Jimmy
22 Jul 04, 12:13
If you say so...

benny
22 Jul 04, 12:25
our problems aren't the players... our problems are the managers...

Frisko
22 Jul 04, 13:24

This is a very common thought among Inter fans. Our managers, and Moratti in particular, are responsible for Inter not being able to win.

Now, I'm not saying these guys didn't make any mistakes. They sure did. But maybe we should remember that in the last 5 years Inter lost one Scudetto at the last day, they fought with Juve in 98 until they got robbed in Turin. They also lost the Euro Derby on away goals, and Cordoba and Kallon had a chance to score that 2nd goal that would have put us through to the CL final.

So let's not just blame the mangers guys. When we went to Rome to play Lazio for the Italian title we had everybody available, Ronaldo and Vieri playing from the start.

I think Moratti started with only passion and not much knowledge of football, and especially with no clear ideas on how to run a club of that size and importance. But we've grown a lot. Look at Branca: everytime there was a problem last year, he spoke clearly in favour of the club. I remember him telling off Vieri a couple of times when he misbehaved.

When Ronaldo told Moratti that he was to sack Cuper otherwise he was going to walk, Moratti let him walk. The old Moratti would have kept his champion and sacked the coach...

benny
22 Jul 04, 13:49
mistake... when Angelo Moratti engaged Helenio Herrera in our team there was Antonio Valentin Angelillo, the player who scored 33 goals in 34 matches (record still unbeated in Italian championship). The first request from Herrera was to sell Angelillo. Moratti really loved this player but said yes. And Angelillo went to Rome. After 3 years Herrera's Inter became Campion of Italy and after that Champion of Europe and theWord. For two years consecutivly...

Frisko
22 Jul 04, 15:20
mistake... when Angelo Moratti engaged Helenio Herrera in our team there was Antonio Valentin Angelillo, the player who scored 33 goals in 34 matches (record still unbeated in Italian championship). The first request from Herrera was to sell Angelillo. Moratti really loved this player but said yes. And Angelillo went to Rome. After 3 years Herrera's Inter became Campion of Italy and after that Champion of Europe and theWord. For two years consecutivly...

You see? That means that Massimo is learning from his dad. I don't understand how so many people can hate Moratti after all what he has done for Inter.

You should try and remember Pellegrini's times, the guy only won one scudetto, a Uefa Cup and an Italian Supercup, and the big signings at those times were FONTOLAN and SHALIMOV...

Just go to inter.it and look at our squad. There's little blaming Moratti...the players have everything at their disposal to succeed, they just need to do it!

Gismo
22 Jul 04, 15:37
frisko, with all due respect. :) You are blindfolded! 9 years - one UEFA Cup title. :(

Moratti has given a lot of lovely cash to Inter. But since he has managed the club so badly none of the invested money gave a positive outcome: A big title!

And why are the great players not winning? How long do you have? :D

benny
22 Jul 04, 15:38
After 10 years Angelo was already pluriwinner... Italy, Europe, World... everything was our...
Fontolan was the best young player of the italian championship and Shalimov was the star of the wonderful Foggia of coach Zeman. Also Pellegrini buoght big players, for example Matthaus, Brehme, Rummenigge, Brady, Causio, Tardelli, Klinsmann, Bergkamp, Jonk... After In 15 years Pellegrini won a scudetto, two Uefa Cup and a italian Supercup. And Moratti? Just a Uefa Cup, I remember. He has the money, now we need someone who is able to spend them...
Ah, Moratti father let Herrera work (and win), Moratti son sacked Cuper only few months after Ronaldo ...

Frisko
22 Jul 04, 16:08
After 10 years Angelo was already pluriwinner... Italy, Europe, World... everything was our...
Fontolan was the best young player of the italian championship and Shalimov was the star of the wonderful Foggia of coach Zeman. Also Pellegrini buoght big players, for example Matthaus, Brehme, Rummenigge, Brady, Causio, Tardelli, Klinsmann, Bergkamp, Jonk... After In 15 years Pellegrini won a scudetto, two Uefa Cup and a italian Supercup. And Moratti? Just a Uefa Cup, I remember. He has the money, now we need someone who is able to spend them...
Ah, Moratti father let Herrera work (and win), Moratti son sacked Cuper only few months after Ronaldo ...

1) Lol at including Bergkamp and Jonk in the list of GREAT players!
2) I think Pellegrini only won the Uefa cup in 1990 against Roma, and Moratti 2, in1995 against Salisburgo and in 1998 against Lazio.
3) With Moratti we went inches from the CL final 2 years ago, and we got to the 1/4 finals going out against Man Utd. With Pellegrini we go knocked out in the first round by Malmoe!
4) Give Moratti 15 years then we'll talk again :rolleyes:

K.I.
22 Jul 04, 20:51
well i think moratti learned from his father,and fachetti is also helping him so 2 heads are better than one and i say it again,inters time has come,u will see.

benny
23 Jul 04, 07:15
ehi frisko, you shooted me... :D

1) bergkamp was the most talentous guy, at that time. and in Italy there was people who said that Pellegrini bought him with juve or milan money. So envious... In our Uefa Cup Bergkamp was the top shooter of the competition...
2) sorry but Moratti has won just a Uefa Cup. He became President only after the final against Salisburgo.
3) yes Malmoe... but do you think that Lugano is better???!!! And Helsinborgs???!!!
4) further 15 years? :eek: ok ok... I'm so used to wait...

Miki
23 Jul 04, 11:08
If that's the case, than this quote of yours invalidates the claim you made about Javier Zanetti receiving criticism from pockets of fans from around the city, as you have mentioned. If so, then how can criticism be laid on any one player, let alone the player that most fans on this board, with the exception of yourself, seeing that Il Capitano is the best player in the club? Ergo, if a player as good as Capitano is to be blamed, then the rest of the squad should shoulder even greater blame for their mistakes. Ultimately, the squad would have to be a main or sole cause of Inter's failure thus far. But alas, this contradicts itself with your quoted post.

Ciao,
Tim

BFC82
23 Jul 04, 20:53
If that's the case, than this quote of yours invalidates the claim you made about Javier Zanetti receiving criticism from pockets of fans from around the city, as you have mentioned. If so, then how can criticism be laid on any one player, let alone the player that most fans on this board, with the exception of yourself, seeing that Il Capitano is the best player in the club? Ergo, if a player as good as Capitano is to be blamed, then the rest of the squad should shoulder even greater blame for their mistakes. Ultimately, the squad would have to be a main or sole cause of Inter's failure thus far. But alas, this contradicts itself with your quoted post.

Ciao,
Tim

A bit out of topic, but you sound like that guy from the Matrix Reloaded. The old guy, architect of the Matrix, when he was talking to Neo in that room with all the Tv's.

Frisko
23 Jul 04, 22:29
Lol Benny, I respect your opinions, you're very well prepared about Inter past and present. I just happen to disagree with some... And remember, I wasn't even born when Inter won the CL in the 60s, so I'm even hungrier than you...but I'll wait...and keep dreaming of Javier Zanetti lifting the cup with big ears...or wearing the scudetto on that beautiful shirt...*VIOLINS PLAYING* :dielaugh:

Ari
07 Aug 04, 11:44
Lol Benny, I respect your opinions, you're very well prepared about Inter past and present. I just happen to disagree with some... And remember, I wasn't even born when Inter won the CL in the 60s, so I'm even hungrier than you...but I'll wait...and keep dreaming of Javier Zanetti lifting the cup with big ears...or wearing the scudetto on that beautiful shirt...*VIOLINS PLAYING* :dielaugh:

:dielaugh: :D ;) :) :proud: :cry2:

He really deserves that. More than any other football-player in the world. And this is very objective opinion..

intermilansg
10 Aug 04, 04:58
Its the captains birthday today !

SO lets wish him a Happy Birthday ! :D

Frisko
10 Aug 04, 07:44
Its the captains birthday today !

SO lets wish him a Happy Birthday ! :D

Happy Birthday Javier!

By the way, this banner was at the Pinetina yesterday. Gosh those supporters are just too good!

http://www.inter.it/aas/img/38917.jpg

cool_cuchu
10 Aug 04, 08:05
well, i think we should open up a new thread, but what the hey..
happy birthday to Il Capitano...

J zanetti
10 Aug 04, 08:58
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the heart and soul of Inter! :proud:

Gismo
10 Aug 04, 11:15
I was happy when I got the news that he is only 31. I thought he was 32 or 33. :proud:

intermilansg
14 Oct 04, 10:15
J.ZANETTI EQUALS MARADONA
Thursday, 14 October 2004 00:51:16
MILAN - Javier Zanetti makes it 91 appearances for Argentina in tonight's World Cup qualifier against Chile and joins Diego Armando Maradona and Roberto Ayala in the all-time list of Argentina players. In front of the Inter captain are Oscar Alfredo Ruggeri (98 appearances) and former Nerazzurri midfielder Diego Pablo Simeone (106).

:proud:

Frisko
14 Oct 04, 18:10
J.ZANETTI EQUALS MARADONA
Thursday, 14 October 2004 00:51:16
MILAN - Javier Zanetti makes it 91 appearances for Argentina in tonight's World Cup qualifier against Chile and joins Diego Armando Maradona and Roberto Ayala in the all-time list of Argentina players. In front of the Inter captain are Oscar Alfredo Ruggeri (98 appearances) and former Nerazzurri midfielder Diego Pablo Simeone (106).

:proud: :proud:

Fabio
14 Oct 04, 20:11

J zanetti
15 Oct 04, 17:43
the heart and soul of Inter - what can you say! :proud:

intermilansg
10 May 05, 11:59
J.ZANETTI APPROACHES 450TH INTER MATCH

MILAN - Including Sunday's 3-0 victory at Brescia, Javier Zanetti has made 449 appearances in an Inter shirt (325 in Serie A, 87 in Euro cups, and 37 in Coppa Italia), and is now just one away from a milestone 450 matches for the club.

In the all-time list of most present Nerazzurri, the current Inter captain is in ninth place behind Altobelli (466), Burgnich (467), Zenga (473), Corso (502), G.Baresi (559), Mazzola (565), Facchetti (634) and Bergomi (758)

Handoyo
10 May 05, 15:56
Let's just hope that the 450th match will be much better than his 400th. :stress: Which was a defeat at San Siro to Marseille in the 2nd leg of UEFA Cup Semi-Final last season.

Forza Pupi! :proud:

Hand;)yo

Choppin Onions
10 May 05, 19:44
Damn his 450th already? Talk about an ironman. Can anyone even remember the last game he didn't play? :confused: :proud:

I can see him maybe making it to 3rd all-time on that list if he continues to play with Inter for a couple more years. Passing Facchetti and Bergomi would be a stretch though.

Frisko
14 May 05, 19:45
Here's our captain playing subbuteo with Dida, for charity:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/frisko/FI%20Forums/ZanavDida001.jpg

Miki
14 May 05, 19:53
If & when Capitano lost, did he smash the board over Dida's head? :D

Ciao,
Tim

Hammoudi
15 May 05, 00:01
Typical Milanista, notice Dida bribing the referee with some coins. :fero:

Miki
15 May 05, 00:06
I don't think that's the referee.. it looks more like Gatusso that he's trying to flick forward. :D

Man, i really miss playing Subbuteo. Although i hated having to iron flat the cloth everytime i took it out to play. :P

Ciao,
Tim

Hammoudi
15 May 05, 00:09
What is Subbeto anyway? And what you said doesn't ring any bells with me, care to explain?

Is it different from Fussball? It could be like the hockey game here, where little players play on a small field.

Miki
15 May 05, 00:12
Subbuteo is exactly the game that Capitano & that walking donkey Dida are playing. It involves flicking small figurines to control the movement and direction of the ball. Consider it primitive home football entertainment. It became extinct when Playstation was created. :D

Ciao,
Tim

Hammoudi
15 May 05, 00:14
This is what I was thinking, we have it here in Arcades in Canada, but they have hockey instead.

But that game rocked. I remember me and my friend once played 100 games in one semester, he beat me at the end 51-49 :depress: :cry2:

Davor Mirkovic
15 May 05, 00:25
The most incredible poll ever.

intermilansg
31 May 05, 13:20
J.ZANETTI TOPS 2004/05 APPEARANCE LIST
Monday, 30 May 2005 15:28:21

[FOTO Monday, 30 May 2005 15:28:21] MILAN - Javier Zanetti finishes the 2004/05 Serie A season with more appearances than any of his teammates. For the third consecutive season, the Inter captain played 34 matches (34 out of 34 last year, 34 out of 38 this term). . :star: :proud:

Frisko
31 May 05, 18:31
J.ZANETTI TOPS 2004/05 APPEARANCE LIST
Monday, 30 May 2005 15:28:21

[FOTO Monday, 30 May 2005 15:28:21] MILAN - Javier Zanetti finishes the 2004/05 Serie A season with more appearances than any of his teammates. For the third consecutive season, the Inter captain played 34 matches (34 out of 34 last year, 34 out of 38 this term). . :star: :proud:

Check the translation thread for the complete Gazzetta article.

Opeum
04 Jun 05, 07:49
i didn't vote for any of the players mentioned...i prefer cambiasso...his level of playing are good and consistent..he yell at other player a ll' bit and encourage them also...this is a kind of a leader...about JZ, i think opther players are scared of him even thought he is respected...JZ is more qualified to be a coach..inter coach maybe to replace mancini..mancini sux ya'know...

Miki
04 Jun 05, 19:21
i didn't vote for any of the players mentioned...i prefer cambiasso...his level of playing are good and consistent..he yell at other player a ll' bit and encourage them also...this is a kind of a leader...about JZ, i think opther players are scared of him even thought he is respected...JZ is more qualified to be a coach..inter coach maybe to replace mancini..mancini sux ya'know...
What do you mean by 'scared'? Are you saying some of these players are terrified of being on the pitch with Capitano? Honestly speaking, i don't think there's been a finger gentleman in our squad than Javier Zanetti. He is a true player's player and has been a respected role model for the club for many seasons now. Cambiasso is in the same vein as Zanetti, albeit more publicly passionate than the latter. However, i don't think anybody can replace Zanetti as the absolute captain of this squad until he retires.

Consider this: Would it not be a shameful travesty if Javier Zanetti retires at Inter wihout being the captain? :)

Ciao,
Tim

Enricos
05 Jun 05, 08:30
Zanetti by far, he is and will continue to be our Capitano

snake
11 Jun 05, 13:50
JAVIER ZANETTI BECOMES FATHER Saturday, 11 June 2005 15:47:46
MILAN - Javier Zanetti's wife Paula has given birth to a baby girl. Both Sol Zanetti and her mother are well. After this morning's training session the Inter captain left Angelo Moratti Sports Centre to be with his wife for the birth of their first child. The player will join the squad in Rome this evening.

Massimo Moratti, Giacinto Facchetti and the club, Roberto Mancini and the coaching staff, the players and all Inter fans wish Paula, Javier and newly-born Sol all the best.

Hammoudi
11 Jun 05, 14:02
Congratulations to the Zanetti's.

Pravesh
11 Jun 05, 14:33
CONGRATS !! ZAN !! :proud:

Fabio
11 Jun 05, 14:46
:proud: Javier, Paula and Sol Zanetti...

Fabio :proud:

Frisko
11 Jun 05, 16:01
Congratulations Javier :proud:

Choppin Onions
11 Jun 05, 21:01
Congrats to the Zanetti's. :)

Miki
11 Jun 05, 22:50
Congrats to the Zanettis on the birth of their wonderful baby girl. Forza Inter Forums wishes the 3 of you the happiest times ahead. Good luck and the best of health to little Sol Zanetti! :)

Ciao,
Tim

NeRanZurri
12 Jun 05, 18:20
Congrats to the Zanettis on the birth of their wonderful baby girl. Forza Inter Forums wishes the 3 of you the happiest times ahead. Good luck and the best of health to little Sol Zanetti! :)

Ciao,
Tim
Sol is the name of the new chiquiquita !

Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What an happy day ! only if we win today !

Javier Zanetti
15 Jun 05, 07:19
Il Capitano has extended his contract until the end of 2010 ,and says he will finish his career at Inter :proud: .

primo-inter
15 Jun 05, 07:47
Il Capitano has extended his contract until the end of 2010 ,and says he will finish his career at Inter :proud: .

GREAT NEWS!

My goal is to see him play IN PERSON, at least ONCE. I want to go to an inter match some time soon, see Javier Zanetti... what a legend.

Where did you find out by the way?

snake
15 Jun 05, 07:49
yeh i need to see a source to.

Javier Zanetti
15 Jun 05, 08:19
http://sports.virgilio.it/it/cmc/calcio/200524/cmc_83482.html

Ari
15 Jun 05, 08:28
:proud: Well.. :star:

Enricos
15 Jun 05, 09:04

FORZA CAPITANO, give this man a scudetto guys :proud: :proud: :proud:

Karim
15 Jun 05, 12:02
There is only one.....................Javier Zanetti!

I just want to know why would anyone take away his arm band, I look at the poll and I see people other than pulsar36 voting away fro JZ?
Why?
And why not Cordoba or matrix? Why Vieri?
Better yet, WHY THE HELL WOULD GIVE ADRIANO THE ARMBAND?(NO OFFENCE, Adriano is fine, he is one of my fav players damn it!)
He's a great player, but that doesn't mean he should be the captain?

Choppin Onions
16 Jun 05, 21:23
No suprise in JZ extending his contract. The guy probably pumps out black and blue blood. :) Hopefully we get him a Scudetto before all is said and done.

Grazie Capitano!

Javier Zanetti
21 Jun 05, 21:35
Javier Zanetti has made his 99 apperance for Argentina today ,now only Simeone has played for Argentina more than him(106 times) ,
if our captain keeps playing like that I'm sure he can set a record which won't be broken for a long time.

Granit
21 Jun 05, 22:40
Javier Zanetti has made his 99 apperance for Argentina today ,now only Simeone has played for Argentina more than him(106 times) ,
if our captain keeps playing like that I'm sure he can set a record which won't be broken for a long time.

Nice man...i really hope he can do it
i saw the game, he played GooD like alwayse
and Cambiasso scored!

Miki
22 Jun 05, 07:06
Is Cordoba not more vocal than Javier Zanetti on the pitch? I would take that as a given affirmative, as i believe Cordoba is one of the more vocal and animated characters in the Inter squad. Thus, why has he not received any votes in this poll at all when some of you are whining about our captain needing to be more vocal. Cordoba is not unlike Zanetti in his determination, consistency and as an overall leader to look up to on the pitch. The only thing that seperates them from each other is that Zanetti is a more reserved person. As such, Cordoba should be the natural choice for the lot of you who berate Javier Zanetti for not being vocal enough!

However! The fact remains that Zanetti has received 93 votes as opposed to Cordoba's 0! What's the discrepancy here?

Zanetti is a model defender.
Cordoba is a model defender.

Zanetti is a true Interista.
Cordoba is a true Interista.

Zanetti hardly lets the team down.
Cordoba hardly lets the team down.

Zanetti is a quiet and more resevered person.
Cordoba is a more vocal and animated character.

Thus, the last point is the only thing that seperates the both of them! If being more vocal as a captain is the standard with which a captain must be judged (along with his other traits), then why isn't Cordoba the clear choice in this poll, or at least one of the leading contenders. As it stands, he hasn't even had a vote!

Explain Hamed, Tommi, Handoyo!

Javier Zanetti as captain forever. :stuckup:

Ciao,
Tim

Tommi
22 Jun 05, 08:19
Just for your information, i am very sleepy right now. :)

Explain Hamed, Tommi, Handoyo!
:scared:

I havenīt mentioned that iīd want more vocal captain.

Like i mentioned in another thread Iīve had my doubts over J Zanettiīs leadership skills before and Recobaīs comments gave me more doubts if J Zanetti is the right man to lead as difficult team as Inter is.

All i know what Recoba mentioned and it looks like there is a problem in Interīs dressing room. Iīm happy if the team is happy, but it looks like itīs not. This sentence is bugging me the most "...we do not have a player that makes himself respected by his team mates"

I always thought he is highly respected, but i guess he isnīt then. I dont know how much other players [besides our argentinians] feel about his leadership. I donīt even really know how our argentinians feel about him though. When i look closely what Recoba said i think he complained about the amount of the foreigners we have and thatīs one huge problem around the camp, Recoba have noticed/thinks Zanetti canīt handle all of them and not all of them respect him for that. Thatīs what i think Recoba thinks. Am i a great analyzer [is that the right word? :D] or what.

*waiting Stefan to come here īcause i mentioned a word "foreigner" which seems to be as annoying to him as the red is for a bull. :P

Karim
22 Jun 05, 08:43
I think Il Capitano is up to the job, he has respect, shown vividly in inter.it reports from other players like Adriano and Karagounis, the example earlier of that of Thomas Helveg was enough to tell you how much JZ is respected and look at the pics in inter.it, he is always in a conversation with someone and or directing someone on the field.

You don't need to yell and shout to players to get in line for example or to motivate like Cordoba, sometimes all it needs is a good eye to eye contact and talk calmly to the players and motivate them.
At least that's why I am captain of my soccer team here in Egypt, because I motivate my team and colleges calmly, but their responstivness is still high and not shallow,

No one should say because a team can't get a trophy for about ........ years, then their captain should be changed, it may well be just bad luck, bad coach or bad players, buyt JZ has should consistency and sometimes lots and lots of improvement since his first days in Inter.
Why the HELL would you want to change your captain? He's got respect, character and liked by Inter players (except a few maybe) and coaches.
This would be an insult to Il Capitano.

primo-inter
22 Jun 05, 08:45
When Zanetti retires Cordoba will be the captain. This I have no doubts about.

If Zanetti's captaincy was taken away I would be very angry, as he is a great man and example for every other player at this club. The fact that he isn't yelling all the time or as respected as Maldini doesn't bother me. Maldini was born in Milan, has family roots at AC Milan, has played at AC Milan for 20 years and is the greatest defender in Italian history, so it's natural that he's extraordinarily respected. Whereas Zanetti has played with us for 10 yrs, and was signed from an Argentine club. He's not Italian and he had no links (that I know of) with Inter before he came. So it's hard to compare the two as they have very different backgrounds.

Maybe now the players will realise that Recoba is right and start making an effort to show more respect to Javier. However, the very fact that Recoba said these things to the media proves, in itself, that there is a slight lack of respect for Zanetti. You would NEVER hear Serginho come out and criticise Maldini, for example.

If Zanetti had his armband taken away from him I'd be upset. So would he, and if it ever does happen I will feel quite sad. Zanetti is just such a model professional and character.

If there was one player who I could have dinner with, any player at all in the world (still playing) it would be J-Z. He's an incredible individual.

Mikkel
22 Jun 05, 09:21
There is no daubt that J.Zanetti is a incredible person, but the question is can he lead our team to victory in Serie a, I'm begging to doubt it. I have to say I might be one of the biggest J.Zanetti fan on this forum, and I more or less cry to say this. It will brake my heart if Mancini desides to remove his armband, he might not be a Italian but he is the soul of Inter just like Maldini is the sould and spirit of Milan. When you see Maldini you always think of Milan and it's the exact same thing with J.Zanetti. besides He is the player who have played most games and been here longest if anybody deserves to be our captain then it is J.Zanetti.

Hammoudi
22 Jun 05, 13:57
Well Miki, I voted Zanetti in the poll. Not that I think he is a better captain-material than Cordoba, but because I will never ever want to see him stripped of his captaincy.

What has happened has happened, we can't change captains now. However, if your question read "You are the coach, and both Cordoba and JZ came at the same time to the team. Who do you give the armband to, JZ or Cordoba?" In that case I'd vote Cordoba, and I think he will at least have 2 more votes!

Frisko
22 Jun 05, 18:53
Recoba's comments about Capitano really pissed me off, he's surely making things easier for me if he leaves...

Hammoudi
22 Jun 05, 18:57
Why is it that you can't deal with the truth Frisko? Recoba said the truth, and so did Fontana to some extent. Let's not bury our heads in the sand and pretend everything about our club is magical.

Frisko
22 Jun 05, 19:17
Why is it that you can't deal with the truth Frisko? Recoba said the truth, and so did Fontana to some extent. Let's not bury our heads in the sand and pretend everything about our club is magical.

Truth my ass. And comparing him to Maldini is so silly, since Maldini is surely not more than a leader than Capitano is. Chino wants to create the conditions to be kicked out of the team, that's all.

And don't give me that bs about Javier, he's a true leader and all of our players would follow him to the gates of Hell and beyond.

Don't even get me started on Fontana, I kinda pity him cause he must be mentally impared.

Hammoudi
23 Jun 05, 02:33
What following is that? I don't really think many of our players follow JZ. I mentioned that caveman saga that Materazzi did, if he had an ounce of respect for JZ he'd never do that. If our captain was an intimidating figure like Keane or Vieira, Materazzi would think twice before doing that.

Our team has suffered of instability for a long time. I'm not blaming JZ for that, but if we had a stronger captain many of the players would've got their act together.

And I didn't compare JZ to Maldini, and I don't really care. I only compared him to Vieira and Keane, two guys that don't have JZ's class but are better captains than him.

Choppin Onions
23 Jun 05, 03:03
If Matrix was on Milan, he would have done the same thing. We all know he has a violent temper and I doubt the oh-so intimidating presence of Maldini would have stopped the menace that Marco Materazzi is.

It's sad, but Milan also have classier players than Inter. They don't have any primadonna personalities that Maldini has to deal with. I can name a few on our team but I won't.

Miki
23 Jun 05, 03:52
And don't give me that bs about Javier, he's a true leader and all of our players would follow him to the gates of Hell and beyond.

Don't even get me started on Fontana, I kinda pity him cause he must be mentally impared.
Wow, rare but it happened.. Francesco and i 100% agree on something! Yeah, i love you Frisko. :heart:

Tommi - What is this 'leadership' skills you are referring to? Does it require a captain to constantly control his players? If so, then yes, i agree that Zanetti is not vocal enough for the rest of his teammates. However, as i have mentioned earlier, any player in our team who requires someone to constantly tell him to tone down their temperament isn't a very mature thinking player either. Zanetti is not one for confrontations but that doesn't mean his leadership skills are lacking - it just means that he chooses to lead this team out in other ways and it shows. He leads by example with his consistent player and it is probably Zanetti's determination throughout the course of 90 mins that allows players to find some form of strength or reason to play on well.

I can't believe some of you are beginning to doubt Zanetti's captaincy or leadership skills after Recoba's statements! Recoba may or may not have a case in point but as fans we cannot lose our respect and confidence in our captain whatsoever.

Ciao,
Tim

Hammoudi
23 Jun 05, 04:04
If Matrix was on Milan, he would have done the same thing.

I don't think so. There are tens of violent players playing in big clubs. And some of them would love to punch opponents in the tunnel like Matrix did. But if some - like him - don't care about the club's reputation, they will not do so in respect or out of fear for a strong captain.

I can't believe some of you are beginning to doubt Zanetti's captaincy or leadership skills after Recoba's statements! Recoba may or may not have a case in point but as fans we cannot lose our respect and confidence in our captain whatsoever.

I always said that JZ isn't the best captain, long before El Chio suggested it. And El Chino knows JZ more than us all, they've been together since 97 and they grew up together in the club.

Miki
23 Jun 05, 04:06
I always said that JZ isn't the best captain, long before El Chio suggested it. And El Chino knows JZ more than us all, they've been together since 97 and they grew up together in the club.
I know, i didn't mean you specifically. :)

Zanetti for Captain forever. :stuckup:

Damn, this should be my running motto throughout this RESPECT ZANETTI campaign. :D

Ciao,
Tim

Hammoudi
23 Jun 05, 04:23
I can't believe some of you are beginning to doubt Zanetti's captaincy or leadership skills

Oh, I misunderstood then, I thought you referred to me when you said 'some of you' that's my nickname in the streets :cool:

Jokes aside, it's fruitless to talk of Zanetti's captaincy situation. I don't want him to be stripped of it, and it will not happen. I just had a comment on it ;)

Ari
23 Jun 05, 06:13
Well my opinion is that captain should be a gentleman who represent club greatly and I couldn't find better man for the job than Javier Zanetti. Thing is that leaders are different guys than captains. It doesn't matter a shit who's a captain on the field. If you're a leader, you lead without armband. Cordoba, Vieri, Cuchu, Mihajlovic and Deki are players like those. Players who take responsibility on the field and step on front of others in the dressing room. Still I think Javier is best possible captain, because he's the best man to represent our beautiful club. If it shuld be someone else, Cafe would be only choise.

Handoyo
23 Jun 05, 11:46
Don't misunderstood me, Timmeh. ;) I only said that Javier Zanetti is not as good as a captain as Paolo Maldini or Roy Keane are. It doesn't necessarily means that he shouldn't be Inter's captain. In fact, this is one problem in which we have to back Javier Zanetti up until he resolves it himself. To read more on my opinion on this matter, read the Alvaro Recoba topic please. :)

Javier Zanetti just needs to be more vocal and fierce and there you have it, the perfect captain. Nobody is perfect and I definitely don't think that Javier Zanetti is a perfect captain. To make an analogy out of this, it is like me supporting Roberto Mancini to be Inter's coach but I think he has a few problem such as his favoritism. But of course, Pupi's problem is much smaller and he should be Inter's captain until he retires or if someone miraculously came up (perhaps Cambiasso) to be the most respected and reliable player in the squad and Javier Zanetti personally & voluntarily hands the captain's armband to him.

Frisko
23 Jun 05, 16:58
Thanks Tim, right back at ya :heart:

Keane and Vieira are great leaders, just in a different kind of way.

Keane especially, has got a huge 'dark side' guys.

I don't why Chino chose Maldini, since he's just about the same kind of figure as Javier: a great sportman, ALWAYS a fair player, with respect for his opponents.

Javier is a champion AND a role model as a person. His charisma is second to none, and I don't know why someone said Milan players are classier and they have no primadonnas while we do.

We have a great group of players, technically just as good as Milan's if not better.

And what primadonnas? Recoba? Fontana? Screw them!

What about Cordoba, Stankovic, Adriano, Martins, Karagounis, Vieri, C Zanetti? They all have a black and blue heart.

I don't know what makes you think this group is not good, we haven't had such a great group in years. Not even the Inter who won the title in 1989 was this close as a group. All the contrary actually, Matthaus was our leader as a player, and he absolutely hated Trapattoni.

Enricos
23 Jun 05, 17:04
I agree, JZ is a good captaion, he leads by example en shows our players the way :star:

sry, I have to go off-topic for one moment: get your ass on msn Frisk, Ive got something for ya :)

Hammoudi
23 Jun 05, 17:06
Good you mentioned Matthaus. I didn't have the pleasure of watching him lead Inter, but I did see him do it with Germany, and what a leader he was.

He was directing players the whole time, not afraid to point mistakes and tell them what to do. He doesn't have JZ's class for sure, but he was respected by all the players.

And this is the most important thing about a captain: He has to be respected, not liked.

I don't know about Matthaus's relationship with Crapattoni, but the latter is nothing but a sore loser, with all respect to him, all I say to him is Ich Habe Fertig :dielaugh:

Frisko
23 Jun 05, 17:13
Good you mentioned Matthaus. I didn't have the pleasure of watching him lead Inter, but I did see him do it with Germany, and what a leader he was.

He was directing players the whole time, not afraid to point mistakes and tell them what to do. He doesn't have JZ's class for sure, but he was respected by all the players.

And this is the most important thing about a captain: He has to be respected, not liked.

I don't know about Matthaus's relationship with Crapattoni, but the latter is nothing but a sore loser, with all respect to him, all I say to him is Ich Habe Fertig :dielaugh:

Respected? Who's more respected than Javier???

Matthaus was a great leader but his behaviour surely didn't help in the dressing room, he wanted to coach the freakin team!

Loyalty, courage, leadership by example, total committment, respect, fair play. All these words could be in the dictionary with Javier's pic as definition.

Hammoudi
23 Jun 05, 17:16
A captain can be a coach on the field, and I wish Matthaus was given that. Beckenbauer didn't mind him directing the team on the field, and they won a WC.

Back to JZ, I don't think all the players in the squad respect him. They all like him for sure, but I bet they all respect him. It's a personal opinion based on few observations, and I don't have a solid proof, but Recoba's words enforced that to me.

Frisko
23 Jun 05, 17:35
A captain can be a coach on the field, and I wish Matthaus was given that. Beckenbauer didn't mind him directing the team on the field, and they won a WC.

Back to JZ, I don't think all the players in the squad respect him. They all like him for sure, but I bet they all respect him. It's a personal opinion based on few observations, and I don't have a solid proof, but Recoba's words enforced that to me.
Mancini was a coach on the field with Eriksson, but he respected the coach, Matthaus wanted to decide everything, he just couldn't stand Trap.

Recoba is a bitter player, he wants to play and he's frustrated (he should be with himself, first of all!).

Tell me names of other players that you think don't respect Javier then please.

Hammoudi
23 Jun 05, 20:37
Who can stand Trap anyway? BTW, who left first, Matthaus or Trapattoni?

Tell me names of other players that you think don't respect Javier then please.

As I told you, I have no solid proof, only my gut feeling. But I think Materazzi, Vieri and Miha think they are above JZ.

intermilansg
26 Jun 05, 20:32
JZ collected his 100th cap for Argentina against Mexico in the Confederations Cup. :star: A true legend :proud:

Handoyo
27 Jun 05, 11:15
Selected as the Man of the Match too. :proud:

Hammoudi
27 Jun 05, 15:36
He is a great man, and one I wish I could meet in person, I think I finally have a soccer role-model again :proud:

BTW, did you guys see his cross in the late stages of the game? It was fantastic, more of that please JZ :)

Miki
27 Jun 05, 20:07
Zanetti rightfully deserves an accolade such as Man of the Match to commemorate his good performance in an otherwise comparitively dull fixture. Being a centurion for Argentina makes him one of the all time greats to never have reached mainstream fame. A pity that.

Ciao,
Tim

snake
28 Jun 05, 02:41
its funny it comes from the very same people who were questioning him a few days ago.

Hammoudi
28 Jun 05, 03:02
its funny it comes from the very same people who were questioning him a few days ago.

Why do I have to repeat myself everytime I respond to you?

I questioned his leadership qualities, not his character.

snake
28 Jun 05, 03:05
who said it was aimed at you?

Hammoudi
28 Jun 05, 03:07

It was only me and Han that questioned him, I think. And you said people, which implies more than one, but if it wasn't to me, then sorry.

Choppin Onions
28 Jun 05, 03:39
Didn't even see the Argentina-Mexico match. What did Capitano do to earn MotM? The usual? ;)

Hammoudi
28 Jun 05, 03:44
Didn't even see the Argentina-Mexico match. What did Capitano do to earn MotM? The usual? ;)

It was shown in Sportsnet, but I guess it was too early for you :D and he was chosen as man of match by Fifa, but sportsnet chose Cambiasso again!

Tommi
28 Jun 05, 18:28
From goal.com - Translate it yourself...

Sono Zanetti, capitano a modo mio ŧ

[i]L'argentino dopo le frasi di Recoba: Ŧ Del mio carattere sono contenti sia l'Inter che l'Argentina ŧ.

L’Inter non si č dimenticata del suo capitano: hanno telefonato Massimo Moratti e anche Giacinto Facchetti per le congratulazioni. Zanetti racconta: Ŧ Sono particolarmente contento per i loro complimenti, li apprezzo molto perché arrivano da persone vere. Voglio ringraziare la societā che mi ha permesso in questo mese di sdoppiarmi tra squadra e nazionale. Cosė abbiamo vinto la coppa Italia e sono in finale della Confederations ŧ .

Da un componente del gruppo, Recoba, č arrivata perō una critica al capitano: anche se Zanetti č un esempio unico, l’Inter per vincere deve trovare un leader che sia capace di non far volare una mosca, ha spiegato il Chino. L’argentino replica: Ŧ Non voglio fare polemiche: ognuno ha il suo carattere, del mio sono contenti sia l’Inter sia la nazionale argentina. E’ da quando gioco a calcio che cerco sempre di essere me stesso. Questo č il mio obbiettivo e non voglio cambiare ŧ .

Frisko
28 Jun 05, 18:37
Traslated it, go here:

http://st04.startlogic.com/~forza-in/forums/viewtopic.php?p=73082#73082

Choppin Onions
28 Jun 05, 20:05

It was shown in Sportsnet, but I guess it was too early for you :D and he was chosen as man of match by Fifa, but sportsnet chose Cambiasso again!

:D

If it was any other day, I probably would have woken up for it. But not Sunday.

Handoyo
10 Aug 05, 09:11
I'm proud to be the first one to say:

BUON COMPLEANNO IL CAPITANO!

:star::proud:

Javier Zanetti is celebrating his 32nd birthday today. Let's hope that the team can deliver him a fitting present by beating Shakhtar Donetsk tonight!

Hand;)yo

Adriano@10
10 Aug 05, 09:23
BUON COMPLEANNO IL CAPITANO!

so i m the second one to say it keep up good work zanetti you re our all capitano

Enricos
10 Aug 05, 09:47
BUON COMPLEANNO IL CAPITANO! :star: :star:

Keep up the great work Capitano, ur a role model for us all :proud:

DONETSK - Inter captain Javier Zanetti is 32 years old today. The Argentina international has spent 11 of those 32 years with the Nerazzurri, the club he has always shown his love for and which brought him to Milan when he was still a young player at Banfield. Many happy returns to captain Zanetti.

:eek: He spent 1/3 of his life with us :proud: :star:

NeRanZurri
10 Aug 05, 09:49
Buon Compleanno Capitano !
We love you ! We admire you and your work !

J zanetti
10 Aug 05, 10:10
There arent many players like him around anymore. Happy bday - hopefully one day you will be rewarded! :star: :star: :star:

fcinterfan
10 Aug 05, 10:39
i would have voted for Cordoba coz he's much of a fighter and more vocal than Il Capitano....

...But Javier has had that captain's band for like FOREVER...How can u take it off of him?? :confused:

He kind of symbolises Inter to say the least... ;)

Frisko
10 Aug 05, 12:42
Happy birthday Javier, make sure to work out because you'll have to lift some stuff next Spring :proud:

Stefan
10 Aug 05, 20:02
Happy bday Javier.

Choppin Onions
10 Aug 05, 20:20
BUON COMPLEANNO to Il Capitano. :star:

He looked very good once again against Shakhtar. The guy still hasn't lost a step. What a player! :proud:

K.I.
10 Aug 05, 23:57
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Il Capitano.

InterMilan31
11 Aug 05, 07:06
Happy birtday pupi!!!

Mikkel
11 Aug 05, 13:43
Shit I forgot it yesterday.

But anyway Happy birthday "or should I say I hope you had a good birthday yesterday" :D :proud: :star: :star: :star:

kova9
11 Aug 05, 14:25
Happy belated bday Javier...We are all proud of you..

15 Aug 05, 09:43
is there no option of taking Christian-asshole-Vieri's name of this poll

makes me sick seeing his name as a probable captain ... even when he was with us ... he was Mr. High-n-Mighty ... always aloof fullof-himself ... and certainly no leader :yuck:

minterke
28 Aug 05, 02:22
Couldn't find a topic based on solely Zanetti. So this topic is dedicated to the greatest Inter player ever (yes better than Altobelli or Mazzola). He is the greatest captain we have ever had and most consistent as well.

Please don't close this :star:

F U C K MILAN
28 Aug 05, 06:33
consistent is the word without a doubt

Kwyjibo
28 Aug 05, 08:48
How come El Chino has a 20 page topic and Capitano didn't even have a topic?

kova9
28 Aug 05, 09:19
Because he is so prefect that there is no need for any discussion about him..;)

Handoyo
28 Aug 05, 09:44
There is a topic about Javier Zanetti, also affectionally known to the fans as Il Capitano. :proud::star:

I've merged the 'Javier Zanetti' topic to the 'Il Capitano' topic.

Hand;)yo

cool_cuchu
28 Aug 05, 12:43
well, let's hope he's gonna be the best captain inter ever has (from the past till Javier Zanetti retires),... He will 5 scudettos for us, 3 CL, and 5 supercups... :D

30 Aug 05, 10:19
THIS IS BAD ... VERY BAD ... 4O DAYS ??? :fero: :fero: :fero: :frustrat: :frustrat: :frustrat: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Zanetti sidelined for 40 days

Internazionale will be forced to do without captain Javier Zanetti for over a month because of injury.

The Argentine picked up a thigh problem in the 3-0 win over Treviso and tests have revealed he’ll be sidelined for at least 40 days.

There were already fears on Sunday evening that Zanetti’s injury was a relatively serious one.

"We are concerned because Zanetti is not the kind of player who stops if he doesn’t have to," stated boss Roberto Mancini.

The South American will now be rested completely for the next two or three days before starting a rehabilitation programme.

Zanetti will miss around six Serie A matches, including the Derby d’Italia against Juventus on October 2, and also the Champions League ties against Artmedia and Rangers.

Brazilian Jose Ze Maria is now set to be handed the right-back shirt during Zanetti’s absence.

Mancini could also opt to use centre-back Ivan Cordoba in that position seeing that he has been fielded on the flank in the past.

However, the Colombian is unlikely to be used there until Walter Samuel returns from his suspension on September 21.

snake
30 Aug 05, 10:33
40 days is bad? hardly

Gazzetta reported 3 months injury. i wonder whos right.

snake
30 Aug 05, 12:03
heres confirmation.

Inter captain Zanetti sidelined with thigh injury

ROME, Aug 30 (Reuters) - Inter Milan captain Javier Zanetti could be out of action for up to three months after injuring his thigh during the 3-0 Serie A win over Treviso at the weekend.

Zanetti tore an adductor muscle in his right leg and will begin treatment on it after a few days rest, the Inter website said.

The Argentine international could miss Inter's next eight Serie A fixtures, including the away match against Italian champions Juventus on October 2.

He also risks being sidelined for Inter's Champions League Group H games against Artmedia Bratislava, Rangers and Porto.

'Thank goodness it has happened now, and not further on in the season,' the 32-year-old was quoted as saying in La Gazzetta dello Sport on Tuesday.

'We are only at the start. The important thing will be to be available when we are playing more frequently.'

Inter coach Roberto Mancini is already coping with a knee injury to Sinisa Mihajlovic and the suspension of close-season signing Walter Samuel.

KaiokenFlash
30 Aug 05, 14:33
3 months............my god. Who are we gonna play at right back.

intermilansg
30 Aug 05, 15:32
3 months............my god. Who are we gonna play at right back.

Ze Maria who else? But I believe JZ will be back earlier than stated.

Ziyad
30 Aug 05, 15:56
This is hard stuff to digest...ZeMaria is great backup but no one can do JZ's job.He is great going up and down...I hope with some rest he only missed a couple of games not 8.

Kato
30 Aug 05, 17:49
I really doubt he will be back in less than two months. The adductor longus is a majorly important muscle when it comes to kicking the ball. It's a large muscle in the back of the leg which draws the leg back after abduction from the body (movement away from the body, such as kicking) so is vital to be in good condition for a football player and if pushed too much too quickly can become a long term problem, so is best to be left to heal slowly.

Anyway enough of the science lesson, for those who are interested, this is the adductor longus:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a142/katiey86/longus.jpg

plutus
30 Aug 05, 19:12
NO KIDDING... 3 monthes? That's a real heavy blow to the team... :depress: Several days, 10 days, 40 days, 2 mon, 3 mon, which time we can trust?

So we can only expect to see you return in Milan Derby IL Capitano~ :cry:

cool_cuchu
30 Aug 05, 23:43
yeah, it's a heavy blow.. and I hope Il Capitano recovers fully.... and takes time for it

DISCO ZZANG
31 Aug 05, 09:46
OTL <-the shape of breakdown.

Oh my god 3month.....

05 Sep 05, 14:45
Capitano will be back in October :) ;) check this out
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=304606&CPID=21&CLID=&lid=8&title=Zanetti+eyes+speedy+recovery&channel=italy :star:

Fabio
05 Sep 05, 15:00
What did we expect, Javier Zanetti's determination will bring him back onto the pitch in half the estimated time!

Fabio :proud:

Ziyad
05 Sep 05, 19:15
This is good news but the last thing we need is for him to over do it and return fast only to aggravate his condition...
I wish him a speedy full recovery...What a captain

kova9
06 Sep 05, 09:25
Internazionale captain Javier Zanetti hopes to recover from injury ahead of schedule.

The Argentina international was injured in the opening Serie A game against Treviso, and medical reports say he needs two months to recover.

However, Zanetti is hoping to get back in action ahead of schedule, and wants to return after the international break in October.

"I have a big will to surprise the doctors," Zanetti told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"I'm already working. I will do everything I can. With this type of injury it's necessary to avoid any relapses. It would be dangerous.

"I've already started thinking about my return to the pitch. I want to shorten the time for my recovery.

"If they say it will take two and a half months, I'd like to come back after a month and a half.

"I want to find Inter at the top of the table when I get back. It would mean having done good things in the away match in Turin (against Juve)."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a words....only il capitano..