PDA

View Full Version : Inter - Reggina (19 Nov 06)

Hussein
13 Nov 06, 10:03
Ok guys, this game is almost a week away but I just can't wait for it to start!!

We will be missing Ibrahimovic, but Stankovic and Cambiasso will be back with the team so I'm so looking forward for another win!!

FORZA INTER!!

Wallace
13 Nov 06, 10:20
I suppose it would be a 4-5-1 since Ibra is suspended, and Recoba is injured? The one will hopefully be Cruz, depending on the current form. The 5 should certainly have Solari, Stankovic, Dacourt, and whoever is fit.

AdriOba
13 Nov 06, 10:51
in this game maybe will be back also Adri ... i cant wait to watch him and Cambiasso back in action again :d

Hussein
13 Nov 06, 10:56
I suppose it would be a 4-5-1 since Ibra is suspended, and Recoba is injured? The one will hopefully be Cruz, depending on the current form. The 5 should certainly have Solari, Stankovic, Dacourt, and whoever is fit.

I think Mancio will start with 2 out-to-out attackers and will field both Cruz & Crespo up front since we will face a highly motivated Reggina side.

Speaking frankly, this will not be an easy ride too as the current Reggina side would've been in the top 6 if they hadn't had that Calciopoli penalty. They won 4 games and drawn 3 so far this season and they have some good players like Rolando Bianchi (who's one of Serie A top scorers), Nicola Amoruso, Mesto and Estevez.

Let's hope this Inter prove it's strenght by winning yet another match!!

Wallace
13 Nov 06, 11:11
I think Mancio will start with 2 out-to-out attackers and will field both Cruz & Crespo up front since we will face a highly motivated Reggina side.

That's a suicidal formation, we don't have any creative midfielders to provide the goods for Crespo and Cruz. Both of them are box strikers, and none of Cambiasso, Vieira or Dacourt can take up the role. We have relied pretty much on Ibra every single game, and without him, we lack the creativity badly. Therefore, Solari wouldn't be a bad option, for us to attack more fluently on the wing.

-------------Cruz
Solari-------Stankovic-----Figo
--------Dacourt---Vieira

EXORCIST
13 Nov 06, 11:13
This is the IDEAL situation to revive the Emperor...Mark my words,Adriano will shine,even if most of brothers interistas dont believe in him...Forza Nerazzurri,mai stati in B,Forza Imperatore!!!

Handoyo
13 Nov 06, 11:38
This is the IDEAL situation to revive the Emperor...Mark my words,Adriano will shine,even if most of brothers interistas dont believe in him...Forza Nerazzurri,mai stati in B,Forza Imperatore!!!
The words "Mark my words, Adriano will shine!" are perhaps the most over-used in this forum over the past year or so. :undecide:

EXORCIST
13 Nov 06, 11:42
The words "Mark my words, Adriano will shine!" are perhaps the most over-used in this forum over the past year or so. :undecide:

Well then,maybe we should bury him alongside all those others so many years now in this squad's graveyard...

alvaro
13 Nov 06, 12:18
Adriano-Crespo
Solari-Dacourt-Vieira-Stankovic
Grosso-Samuel-Cordoba-Zanetti
Cesar

Cambiasso won't start, bench maybe.

Pajo
13 Nov 06, 13:22
------------------Cesar----------------
J.Zanetti----Samuel---Cordoba---Grosso
Deki-------Vieira----Dacourt------Solari
-----------Crespo-----Cruz------------

Adriano and Maxwell subs in the second half. The third sub, dunno, Figo, maybe some minutes for Cambiasso...

Fabio
13 Nov 06, 20:58
Watch out for Reggina, an inspired start so far to the season...

Marcello
13 Nov 06, 21:30
we gotta watch out for Amoruso there inform striker . yeah i think we should let adriano play this match and cuhu to come on in the 2nd half this game will be very intesting

zip
14 Nov 06, 01:04
No Adrianooooooo Marcello!

Marcello
14 Nov 06, 03:11
No Adrianooooooo Marcello!

Why not?

Hussein
14 Nov 06, 03:53
I don't think that Adriano will be ready for this one andit would be better to not rush his comeback.

In case he's ready physically then Mancio should give him a run in the second half, but definitely he should not be a starter for this match.

Marcello
14 Nov 06, 03:57
I don't think that Adriano will be ready for this one andit would be better to not rush his comeback.

In case he's ready physically then Mancio should give him a run in the second half, but definitely he should not be a starter for this match.

Yeah i never said start him lol Just give him a run on the park sometime in the 2nd half..

catanha
14 Nov 06, 04:17

nah just this time mark my words Han, he will score a goal, mark my farking words you wannabe Hong Kongonese or Hong Konganiananaianan or Honky.

people need to remember Inter have Sporting a few days later, so I doubt the likes of Stankovic, Materazzi, Solari (I wish!) will play.

zip
14 Nov 06, 09:43
Why not?

Because We are well with Cruz, Crespo and Zlatan

with Adriano, worse things will to back

Johnny Ludlow
14 Nov 06, 11:29
I'm hoping to see something like this; I'll write more extensive post later on if I have time, gotta study. Busy week.

-----------Cruz---------------
Solari---Stankovic---Mariano G.
------Dacourt--Vieira----------

Pajo
14 Nov 06, 12:43
Watch out for Reggina, an inspired start so far to the season...

Yeah, I agree... But sometimes they will fall, I hope they fall this game!! ;)

-----------Cruz---------------
Solari---Stankovic---Mariano G.
------Dacourt--Vieira----------

I don't think this will ever happen...

Pravesh
14 Nov 06, 16:55
Because We are well with Cruz, Crespo and Zlatan

with Adriano, worse things will to back

Let me remind you that Zlatan is suspended for this game. And I too think that Adriano will play this game but might make a sub appearance and who knows might play well. He's to play for our youth team against Atalanta (?). Lets hope he plays a part in that game and is ready to make the squad for the Reggina game.:)

zip
14 Nov 06, 17:05
Let me remind you that Zlatan is suspended for this game. And I too think that Adriano will play this game but might make a sub appearance and who knows might play well. He's to play for our youth team against Atalanta (?). Lets hope he plays a part in that game and is ready to make the squad for the Reggina game.:)

He should be borrowed or negotiated becausa I don't believe that he can to back play a good football, his life in Inter finish

MasterZen
14 Nov 06, 17:10
Hopping for:

-------------Cesar--------------
Maicon-Cordoba--Matrix--Zanetti
Figo--Dacourt----Vieira-Stanković
-------Cruz--------Crespo------

And with a lot of croses Crespo and Cruz will surely got one goal.

Hussein
14 Nov 06, 21:20
I hope we only do the minimum required to win this game.

I was checking the disciplinary situation and I found that Dacourt, Vieira and Maicon are on yellow cards!!!

All those players could get a card and get suspended for our next crucial match against Palermo at the Barbera!! :wallbang:

zip
15 Nov 06, 00:39
I will to support to Maicon take yellow card :boogy:

snake
15 Nov 06, 01:54
I hope we only do the minimum required to win this game.

I was checking the disciplinary situation and I found that Dacourt, Vieira and Maicon are on yellow cards!!!

All those players could get a card and get suspended for our next crucial match against Palermo at the Barbera!! :wallbang:

Interesting. I wonder what Mancini will do here because we know that all of them wont be able to hold off.

Losing Maicon isnt a big deal, but having the 2 midfielders out will hurt us.

Vic
15 Nov 06, 03:19
Yeah, Maicon is important but we have Javier who will just shine like always.

Marcello
15 Nov 06, 04:23
i dunno about the Cruz - Crespo line up
there got the same sorta style boring play we are gana miss ibra in this game

Hammoudi
15 Nov 06, 09:35
Reggina is a much greater team than what the table shows. It's amazing in itself that they are recovering well from the points penalty, and I don't think they got alot of discount like other teams.

Their strike force is specially dangerous, Bianchi had a blazing start and 6 goals so far is very respectable. And as Marcello said, Amouroso is another one to watch. This calls for MATRIX :boxing:

JLo, I never like a lone forward formation (Jimmy made me hate it!) However, seeing Stan, Solari and Mariano play behind Cruz, I may just like it!

About Adriano, let's not forget that he isn't match-fit or anything. He wasn't out for 2 months or so, I still think he is match-ready, physically that is.

Marcello
16 Nov 06, 03:30
Actually I don't think we should play him for this game. leaving him on the sidelines will make him more hungry to play , so technically he would ruin Sporting

Hussein
16 Nov 06, 05:10
Adriano still needs some time to get to his best and I don't think he'll start this match by any chance.

He should come on in the second half though and play some part to regain match fitness.

I really don't mind seeing the pairing of Cruz-Crespo in attack. I think Cruz can play as an SS in this game because he's usually mobile and has a good touch.

Choppin Onions
17 Nov 06, 08:12
Completely forgot about the Sporting game. :wth:

We completely thrashed them last season at the Meazza but I'm sure it'll be somewhat tougher this time around. Be disappointed if we get anything other than 3pts however.

Handoyo
17 Nov 06, 09:15
We completely thrashed them last season at the Meazza but I'm sure it'll be somewhat tougher this time around. Be disappointed if we get anything other than 3pts however.
The past 3 Serie A fixtures of Inter - Reggina has actually been pretty good in our point of view.

Inter - Reggina 6-0 (22 Nov 03)
We were in the 3rd match of our 6 match winning streak at that time. We completely thrashed Reggina, resulting in Inter's biggest winning margin since, I believe the similar 6-0 thrashing we handed to Lecce in 21 Nov 99. And I just noticed, it was almost exactly 4 years between the Lecce and Reggina thrashing. An ominous sign for Sporting, whom we face on 22 Nov 06? :)

Inter - Reggina 0-0 (29 May 05)
It was the last match of the season. Reggina may have broken our 4 match winning streak but it was a pointless match, in which we used a lot of youngsters. We have already secured our place in behind Juventus and Milan.

Inter - Reggina 4-0 (22 Apr 06)
Again, there was little importance in this match as we have 'secured' the 3rd place. This match is remarkable for the extremely rare occassion in which Avocado Caesar salad actually manage to get on the scoresheet while wearing the Nerazzurra jersey. :)

changzl
17 Nov 06, 12:18
we must win and I hope Mancini can give cambiasso&Adriano some minutes to gain match fitness considering that there's two big games awaiting for us.
Forza Inter

17 Nov 06, 16:17
that 4-5-1 looks good to me.
if things dunt work out then i guess we hv to revert back to 4-4-2 in the 2nd half
hoping to c Cambiasso back in action. Adriano -->> my guess is he wont be called up unless there are further setback to Cruz or Crespo

alvaro
17 Nov 06, 17:26
Hoping for this:

Crespo-Adriano
Solari-Dacourt-Vieira-Stankovic
Grosso-Samuel-Cordoba-Zanetti

Mancini:

Crespo-Cruz
Stankovic-Dacourt-Vieira-Figo
Grosso-Materazzi-Cordoba-Zanetti

Pi
18 Nov 06, 11:08
This is a game that Inter has to be very careful, because in the back of our mind we will have the game against Sporting that will decide our Champions League fate. I have strong doubts about the formation, I see Cruz and Crespo as the most probable attack.

Reggina is a good team but I think that if Inter presents itself at top level we shouldn't have great difficulties in getting a good result, I'm hoping for Cruz to continue is run of goals and for Crespo to get back to them, these are of the greatest strikers in Italy and I think that they will not disappoint us.

If we do this then Figo will probably play, Mancini still rates Figo very high so he will want Figo to take over the attacking moves of the team, Stankovic will be back for this one and I have the feeling that we might see Zanetti in the bench again.

I also don't know about Adriano's current form, but I expect to see him and Cambiasso to make a few minutes in the game (if everything goes our way).

alvaro
18 Nov 06, 12:39
MANCINI'S SQUAD FOR INTER V REGGINA
Saturday, 18 November 2006 14:24:26

APPIANO GENTILE - Roberto Mancini has named the following 19-player squad for Sunday afternoon's Serie A match against Reggina at the Giuseppe Meazza (kick-off at 15:00):

Goalkeepers: 1 Francesco Toldo, 12 Julio Cesar Soares

Defenders: 2 Ivan Ramiro Cordoba, 4 Javier Zanetti, 11 Fabio Grosso, 13 Maicon, 16 Nicolas Burdisso, 23 Marco Materazzi, 25 Walter Samuel

Midfielders: 5 Dejan Stankovic, 7 Luis Figo, 14 Patrick Vieira, 15 Olivier Dacourt, 19 Esteban Cambiasso, 21 Santiago Solari, 91 Mariano Gonzalez

Strikers: 9 Julio Ricardo Cruz, 10 Adriano, 18 Hernan Crespo

CafeCordoba
18 Nov 06, 13:22
We should play with three-man midfield and one attacking midfielder. Let it be Solari or Mariano and Vieira-Dacourt-Stankovic behind him. Thoug, will never happen with Mancini. I'm just hoping maybe Figo will be rested for Sporting-game, he's better at CL (more space and time given) than in Serie A.

Karim
18 Nov 06, 15:06
Could we say that becuse of Ibra's red Mancio forced himself to get Adri a little earlier than expected :rolleyes:

18 Nov 06, 16:48
Could we say that becuse of Ibra's red Mancio forced himself to get Adri a little earlier than expected :rolleyes:

well i guess so. i did nt expect Adriano to be called up this match

Khalifa
18 Nov 06, 16:51
I really liked Mancini's emphasis about winning this one. When asked about whether he is going to sacrifice anything in the relation for the sake of the palermo game and he said NO.

This shows how important he sees this game is in his opinion. I also think its important cause it comes from the start of basically, our two most important games of the seasons so far.

Karim
18 Nov 06, 18:29
Look, it's important to win, and just keep on winning, unfortuantly our winning streak will end :rolleyes: but hopfully we delay this further and further, we don't wanna lose, at least not now, at least when there's a cution with our nearest competitors, we did it with Roma, with Milan, now it's time for Palermo, who will the pinks gonna play against this week?

18 Nov 06, 19:19
who will the pinks gonna play against this week?

Cagliari

Thug_Paco
18 Nov 06, 19:41
I like these kind of weeks where a lot of points and pride is at stake. This Reggina game might be the less attention catching match but I believe it will be the most important because a win would give us the normal confidence boost a win gives u for the upcoming showdowns.

It will be nice to see the duo of Cruz-Crespo wich reminds me of the Batigol-Crespo pair wich we never saw at Inter or at the Argentine NT. This will be the first time these 2 will play together at club or international level, motivations will be sky high for both of them seeing as on wednesday for the sporting game Ibra will start but the other starting spot is still vacant, so both of them will be raring to show that he is the one who deserves that place, expect to see a little bit of healthy Argentine rivalry on the pitch wich I think will do us good.

For the rest I just hope Santi gets a start, and Adri-Cambi get some minutes under the belt. Also I think Mariano Gonzalez deserves more than just 5 minutes.

FORZA INTER

Khalifa
18 Nov 06, 19:42
I hope caligari pulls out a winner man....

Karim
18 Nov 06, 22:44
MY GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHH!!!

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=171534

Jimmy
18 Nov 06, 22:53
I think us Interisti is getting a bit arrogant here. ;) Let's await our own results before celebrating others. Of course, it's all good that we get good results, which means we can lose or draw games without it affecting the table from previous week. However, this particular game is very tricky, I tell ya. Reggina is far from the easiest opponent we can receive at this moment. Positive is that they have both of their defensive key players Tedesco and Lucarelli suspended.

But, stay somewhat pessimistic, because with the strikers we will use, Mancini will definitely opt for a straight midfield, meaning a ridiculously bad Figo has to start. I'm placing my hopes for Solari to make the crosses to Cruz and Crespo. Because we sure as hell know that Figo won't do it.

Three points this weekend is crucial. Roma will definitely get three points, and they are our threat, regardless of the league standings.

Karim
18 Nov 06, 23:04
NONONO, I might be just seem as arogant, but I am the mots humble person you will find, I am always worried wether we will win or not.
I am just so surprised because I was watching this match, then I walked away and turned the TV off, now to find that Calgiari won not even tied, man that's a shock

Waleed
18 Nov 06, 23:30
That was a huge shock to see Cagliari come away with the win against Palermo especially after the way I saw Palermo playing last weekend. They seemed so god damn dominant. All the suspensions and injuries must have really played their part in that one. Not to mention being a man down for half the game. I think they did almsot as well as they coiuld hav as they didnt concede until the last minute of the game.

As for our game our lack of striker worries me and if Mancini thinks he is going to be able to throw Adriano on with the hope and prayer that he will be able to accomplish anything he is going to be extremely disappointed. I would be elated to find the big Brazilian back to his old self but things take time to readjust and we all know Adriano isnt the most adaptive person there is.

This is going to be a tougher game than most of us are thinking and I am excited to see if Mancini has anticipated this correctly and has the team ready for a tough game tomorrow or not.

Pravesh
19 Nov 06, 01:41
Palermo's midfielder Simplicio is suspended for next week's game, which would be quite a relief for us. Then again, I didn't mean to say that it's a big blow to Palermo.

We gotta get the 3 pts against Reggina at all costs tonight.:stuckup:

Alex de Large
19 Nov 06, 12:45
----------JC----------------
JZ--Cordoba--Samuel--Burdisso
Figo--Dacourt--Dejan---Solari-
---------Cruz--Crespo--------

Vieira, Cambiasso, Grosso, Maicon, Matrix and Adriano all on the bench.

CafeCordoba
19 Nov 06, 12:54
Well, it's

---------------JC---------------
--------------------------------
Zanetti-Cordoba-Samuel-Burdisso
Figo---Vieira---Stankovic--Solari
--------Crespo----Cruz----------

Sad thing is that Mariano is out, but that's very interesting approach to the game. Seems like this game isn't seen as important as Sporting-game, since Figo is in starting lineup now. Good to see Zanetti back to his real position.

Frisko
19 Nov 06, 12:55
Burdisso and especially Dacourt out are big surprises for me, I guess Mancio is resting some guys for the CL game. Looks good though.

Adam
19 Nov 06, 12:56
Nice to see Cruz and Crespo start together. I think whoever does best today will get to start in the future. Why isn't Dacourt playing?

Alex de Large
19 Nov 06, 12:59
Of Dacourt and Vieira we will probably see only 1 today cause both have yellow and if they see another will miss the crucial game against Palermo.

Michal
19 Nov 06, 12:59
Adri is smiling on the bench. Things seems to look good.

Michal
19 Nov 06, 13:01
Reggina - 3-4-2-1

Michal
19 Nov 06, 13:06
Crespoooooooooooooo 1:0!!!

19 Nov 06, 13:07
1-0

Handoyo
19 Nov 06, 13:07
ARMAAA LATALEEE!!! :star:

Adam
19 Nov 06, 13:09
What a goal!! Crespo, exqusite volley!

19 Nov 06, 13:14
saved by d post

Alex de Large
19 Nov 06, 13:14
ALMOST scored with a header bianchi. we are lucky.

Handoyo
19 Nov 06, 13:15
We are not playing very well now.

Mancini is asking too much from Figo and Solari by placing them on the wrong opposite flanks. Meaning, Mancini is asking them not only to beat their man but also to cut in.

This is a normal tactic though and I expect them to change flank soon. :)

19 Nov 06, 13:17
handball by burdisso.
blatant penalty.
thanx ref.
still 1-0

19 Nov 06, 13:19
well Han, only 1 team is playing now. and thatz nt us

Tanel
19 Nov 06, 13:20
damn burdisso is dead slow

19 Nov 06, 13:21
another gr8 chance 4 reggina.
i hv a feeling dat they r gonna score ne sec

19 Nov 06, 13:23
yellow 4 samuel

Handoyo
19 Nov 06, 13:24
Reggina is killing us.

About that penalty, the 'handball' was by Stankovic, not Nico. I think it would be harsh though as it was unintentional.

Mancini HAS to switch Solari and Figo soon. It's obvious that the winger-cutting-in tactic has worked abysmally so far. We have 2 strikers who are extremely good in the air and to get more crosses, we need to play a left-footed winger on the left, vice versa.

Besides, I believe to play the winger-cutting-in tactic, you need to play the ball on the ground a lot. And we need Ibra for that, who is suspended for this match.

Come on Mancini. :)

Handoyo
19 Nov 06, 13:27
Il capitano and Burdisso have been rubbish so far. That's like the 5th or 6th dangerous cross Reggina have put in our defence.

Our flanks are totally dominated. :stress:

joez
19 Nov 06, 13:27
wat the hell whys figo playin left and solari on the right? theyre dominating with posession and they look like they wanna win it.

and burdisso is crossing like crap, with both feet.

Handoyo
19 Nov 06, 13:31
Finally Solari & Figo switched and Solari just had one nice run & cross down the left. :)

19 Nov 06, 13:32
Solari doing really well.
i cant understand why mancio duz nt play him more often

Diavolo
Was it Solari that got a little punch to the face from Cruz during the goal celebration? Hilarious.

Michal
OK guys, I am leaving for ice-hockey game. Take care and FORZA INTER!!!

19 Nov 06, 13:35
Burdisso is utter crap.
he is looking very very lethargic 2day.
absolutely off d pace

Gaetan
19 Nov 06, 13:37
Terrible waste of a possible opportunity for Inter on a counter attack by Santiago Solari. What the hell was he thinking?

19 Nov 06, 13:50
1-0 ht

Jimmy
19 Nov 06, 13:50
Any particular incident that caused Mazzarri to go nuts and get sent off?

Pajo
19 Nov 06, 13:51
Well, it's good we are in the lead, but this doesn't mean anything... Reginna is playing good, and if we close down, we are fuked... We shold keep playing like we are now...

Handoyo
19 Nov 06, 13:52
I kinda missed the Mazzarri incident as I went to the fridge to get a drink. :)

But perhaps, it was the accidental handball by Stankovic as he cuts off a Reggina cross from the right.

To any Milanisti who's trying to accuse us of cheating, we 'suffered' the same 'injustice' when towards the end of the half, as a Reggina player blocked our cross from the right with his hand too. :)

Burdisso is being eaten alive in the first half. He needs to be taken off. Reggina has looked very dangerous on the right.

Tanel
19 Nov 06, 13:55
Mazzari got pissed of at the ref because one Reggina dude dived to lure out a fool 30 yards out. He thought it was a foul. Then soon after Solari or someone got surrouned by 3 players when he had the ball and thanks to that he couldn't get it anywhere, the Reggina players fouled him and again he didn't agree and then he got sent off.

Marcello
19 Nov 06, 13:56
nice volley from crespo

our defence sucks without Materazzi and we are missing Ibra alot!!

Cruz just cant keep the ball at his feet damit bring on adriano!!

Figo and Solari are doing well

zip
19 Nov 06, 13:57
Great goal of Crespo. Burdisso isn't well.. Cambiasso can already play today ?

Adam
19 Nov 06, 13:58
What's there to say that Handoya hasn't already said. Good analysis man.:star:

I think Viera has been the best player sofar, picks up many balls, sends balls thru the middle of the pitch and Is genarally fighting hard. He also had the assist for Crespos goal.

Reggina is getting too mnay chances and is bound to score sooner or later if this keeps up.

I'm hoping to see Adriano coming in for Cruz in the 60th minutes or so.:)

Adriano@10
19 Nov 06, 14:00
Well were actually playing quite good but we have to score another one ou re defence looks not too good

Forza ragazzi
19 Nov 06, 14:01
Why aren't we dominating this match? I mean, Reggina's a good team, but with all due respect, we're freakin' Inter!

Anyway, I'm so confident this season that I sense Inter will win. I guess 2-0 or 2-1. If the latter, Cruz scores :)

Handoyo
19 Nov 06, 14:03
Yes, we are missing Ibrahimovic a lot. His lack of presence here clearly shows how reliable are we for some creativity upfront on Ibra. While this means that Ibra is doing well for Inter, I'm worried about our forwards should Ibra gets sidelined for a long time. It could be solved with Il Chino stepping into his shoes but what are the odds of Recoba being fit. :stress:

I don't think our defence misses Materazzi though. I think Cordoba & Samuel are doing decent so far. The only problems is that J.Zanetti and Burdisso have been very poor defensively, especially the latter.

As for the best player so far...Kinda hard to choose as no one really stands out but probably either Vieira or Stankovic. :undecide:

Hand;)yo

Tanel
19 Nov 06, 14:04
Cruz just cant keep the ball at his feet damit bring on adriano!!

You are suggesting Adriano can keep the ball better? The ball will be on the other side of the pitch before that guy runs a meter. Cruz has done fine with his ball contro lexcept from one-two times, where the pass has come straight to his feet during counter attacks.'

At current situation it's too risky to bring him in as we may be needing goals in case Reggina draws and Adriano isn't really a guarnatee goalscorer as of late.

Pajo
19 Nov 06, 14:05
Deki, Crespo, Solari and Vieira a re playing great...

Cordoba, Samuel, Figo and Cruz are playing decent....

And Zanetti and Burdisso should improve. They are not that bad, but still, they need to improve...

Handoyo
19 Nov 06, 14:08
La grande parata di Julio Cesar!

Tanel
19 Nov 06, 14:09
Figo losing very very very simple balls. And what a save by Cesar. Stupid defending again.

Handoyo
19 Nov 06, 14:10
A Der (:lol: Chinese commentator) is warming up. :)

Tanel
19 Nov 06, 14:11
what a stuff from Vieira!

Tanel
19 Nov 06, 14:12
adri - cruz

Handoyo
A Der on for Cruz. Bentornato l'Imperatore.

If you remember, Adriano broke a mini drought by scoring at the last minute when we played Reggina away in 03/04. Let's hope he broke a mega-drought against the same team today. :)

Tanel
maicon also coming in soon

Handoyo
19 Nov 06, 14:14
The commentator is as shocked as I am as Solari is subbed out for Maicon. :wth:

It should have been Burdisso subbed. :wallbang:

Tanel
maicon - solari

darsez
why is solari subbed??? There are Burdisso and Figo that need to be subbed

Tanel
it's dacourt! :D

Tanel
19 Nov 06, 14:15
I'm very confused. Guy looked like Maicon, but the text said Dacourt. I should learn the faces of our new guys I guess.

Handoyo
19 Nov 06, 14:15
J.Zanetti's dribbling is really Godlike...Adriano had a nice cross which Crespo just missed. :)

joez
19 Nov 06, 14:16
hahahahh the number of times commentators have mixed up dacourt and maicon. solari was doing okay dont understand the sub

Handoyo
J.Cesar with a basketball rebound style kind of safe. :eek: This goalkeeper is really entertaining. :D

PS: I think I talk too much

zip
Who enter ? Maicon or Dacourt ? :wallbang:

Tanel
19 Nov 06, 14:17
A light Schmeichel by JC. :D

Alex de Large
19 Nov 06, 14:17
What a stupid change, Solari was not playing bad, by the way the cctv commentators looks like they really love Solari, they shout every time he touch the ball :D

COME ON ADRIANO!!!!!!!

Handoyo
19 Nov 06, 14:18
Who enter ? Maicon or Dacourt ? :wallbang:
I think Maicon did.

Edit: I can confirm that. Unless Maicon & Dacourt did a John Travolta - Nicholas Cage - Face/Off...

Tanel
19 Nov 06, 14:19
It's totally funny to see Adri try avoid his right foot. He is losing some balls though. But atleast he runs.

joez
19 Nov 06, 14:20
maicon entered, they thought it was dacourt. the chinese commentators sounded really confused with the sub

darsez
19 Nov 06, 14:21
I think Maicon did.

Edit: I can confirm that. Unless Maicon & Dacourt did a John Travolta - Nicholas Cage - Face/Off...

Or if Dacourt wears Maicon's shirt. I can't really tell :P

Tanel
19 Nov 06, 14:24
The commentators sound like they are getting kicked in their balls all the time. :D

Mikkel
19 Nov 06, 14:24
lol, it's Maicon.... :D

Tanel
19 Nov 06, 14:25
Adri fk position. probably will hit the wall or figo'll take it. :P

Tanel
19 Nov 06, 14:26
Is Adri a ****ing idiot. Why on earth was he constantly standing in offside position and not moving back at all.

Tanel
19 Nov 06, 14:26
Cordoba hits wide, good position though.

BFC82
19 Nov 06, 14:27
So how are we doing so far? Quick recap?

joez
19 Nov 06, 14:27
maicon has had a big impact already in the 10-15 min

BFC82
19 Nov 06, 14:31
How's Adriano? Still same as before?

Handoyo
19 Nov 06, 14:32
Very poor counter attacks thus far. I recall this is, at least, the 3rd time we've wasted a counter attack. The players seem confused if they should pass or shoot and who/where to pass the ball too. We're much better than we were in the first half though, although it has been a very boring match.

Alex de Large
19 Nov 06, 14:33
Adriano looks motivated, he already has stealled 3 balls but the ref says it's fault and it's not fault, he is hungry for score a goal looks like.....

Tanel
19 Nov 06, 14:34
dacourt - figo

Alex de Large
19 Nov 06, 14:35
So no Steven Cambiasso today....

BFC82
19 Nov 06, 14:36
I'd rather us have it boring as it is now than barely defending a lead ala Milan. My nerves cant deal with that stresss this early in the morning.

darsez
19 Nov 06, 14:37
*phew* disallowed goal from reggina. dangerous signal though

Handoyo
19 Nov 06, 14:37
Lucky. Reggina had a goal disallowed, correct, I have to say, for a shot deflecton to an offside Reggina player.

Tanel
19 Nov 06, 14:38
Thank god. The guy who ricosheted it was offside so no goal! :)

Adriano@10
19 Nov 06, 14:38
what a run by maicon

Handoyo
19 Nov 06, 14:42
AGAIN, a failed counter-attack move. Crespo with a schoolboy error as he overhit a pass for Adriano.

Tanel
19 Nov 06, 14:42
what a farking shit pass by Crespo. There went Adriano's possible goal.

Handoyo
19 Nov 06, 14:43
Adriano pushed in his face inside the penalty box. There was little contact, except the hand to the face, so the penalty wasn't given. :stress:

Reggina have been very careless inside their half. We have had an abysmally unclinical offensive match, thus far.

Handoyo
19 Nov 06, 14:45
I lost count the number of time we screwed up an attacking move...3 v 2 and the pass went to nowhere...

If we drew this match, this will bring back memories of Lecce - Inter 2-2 (04/05) when we should have scored 10 or so goals...

Tanel
19 Nov 06, 14:45
It seems like our attacking palyers are playing a little game called "How shit can you pass?"

Adriano@10
19 Nov 06, 14:46
man wehn ever it comes to a 3 on 3 situation ou re players don t seem to know what to do

joez
19 Nov 06, 14:49
thats true players are lost,crappy passes and movement

the ref is horrible

Handoyo
19 Nov 06, 14:50
Wooooot!!! :star:

Yet another wasted counter-attack. Adriano good pass to Stankovic who scuffed his shot.

Toss_it_up
19 Nov 06, 14:50
man wehn ever it comes to a 3 on 3 situation ou re players don t seem to know what to do

We need Ibrahimovic in front he can do the unexpected in front.
And hold the ball good in attack.

Tanel
19 Nov 06, 14:54
Nice... leaders. :)

Miki
19 Nov 06, 14:56
Well, despite a rather torrid performance, we managed to grind out the win.

We finally have a little breathing space on top of the table.

Ciao,
Tim

Handoyo
19 Nov 06, 14:56
Final whistle.

Good result, even though the performance, especially our competency upfront, could have been a lot better.

It has been a very bad football match though, with simple mistakes everywhere. Reggina were extremely careless in their own half, losing too many balls to us. Inter, on the other hand, had too many wasted attacking moves.

A lot of improvement to be made. We were quite solid defensively in the second half though. It's great to have another clean sheet on the belt.

As for Adriano, he had an encouraging match. Much better than the last Adriano that I saw. However, at these times, what A Der needs is a goal, not a good performance. Hope he gets it soon but, in the meantime, he is has to be behind Cruz, Crespo & Ibrahimovic in the pecking order. We should only play him once we are at least a goal up or in Coppa Italia.

Hand;)yo

snake
19 Nov 06, 14:57
Adriano wasnt too bad.

Keeping in mind his recent form, his absence from palying it was ok..his fitness isnt that good as he was breathing like a mofo.

Still nice 3 points.

Thats all we wanted.

zip
19 Nov 06, 14:58
Adriano HORRIBLE! I hate this shit.

il magnifico
19 Nov 06, 14:59
i liked adriano's performance. to be honest, he looked hungry. he was trying everything. but like what handoyo said, what he needs is a goal, not a goodp erformance.

Forza ragazzi
19 Nov 06, 15:05
Horrible match. Solari is the only exception. :star:

I'm starting to feel bad for Adriano. He showed a lot of energy today and I was really saddened by Crespo's overhit pass. I thought Adriano was finally going to score. I'm happy to see him pass this time around. Not all these solo runs like previously. But compliments to Adri. Hopefully he can get back.

Ziyad
19 Nov 06, 15:21
I thought Adri did well...He looked ready to pounce at any chance..I cant understand Solari's substitution while the more tired Figo stayed on.

The nice thing about this game is that players were looking for Adri trying to help him get out of his slump,I would appreciate it more though if we were two goals up at least..

Pajo
19 Nov 06, 15:24
Adriano was OK. He wasn't lucky. He was trying to do something, he was all over the fiald. Just the problem was that there was no balls for him from the midfield. There was a great chance, I bet in my house that he would've scored, but Crespo didn't gave him the ball like he should've...

K.I.
19 Nov 06, 15:29
lol i usually support mancini but this solari thing is getting absolutely ridicolous,he needs to get his head staright in this one,why in hell did he remove him i have no idea.

Tanel
19 Nov 06, 15:30
Seriously, if it'd be any other player except Adriano this performance would've been 'bad average'. Only difference from the previous matches this season is that he actually managed to run this time. The speed though is again another issue.

Edit: Adri has been tryign to do something for long time. But that something he isn't doing. He could run 10 circles around the pitch if he wants to, that doesen't change a bit.

Alex de Large
19 Nov 06, 15:31
Maybe (i hope) it's cause vs Sporting he will start Solari instead of Figo.

Pajo
19 Nov 06, 15:31
And OK, we won... We played good, Reginna played good too.

Mancini made the tactics great, his only decision I don't agree on was Solari substitution... I don't know why he subbed him, he was great.

Alex de Large
19 Nov 06, 15:36
hahahaahaha adriano is the MOM of match with the votes of inter.it :D

Thug_Paco
19 Nov 06, 15:37
Happy with the win but a real weak ass display by the team.

Crespo great goal.

Adriano robbed of a goal by a pathetic Crespo pass !

Nothing more to say, just bring on Sporting with our best player Ibra back in the line-up.

FORZA INTER

Hammoudi
19 Nov 06, 16:12
Not a bad game, we won with a half-assed effort, that is the sign of champions.

To me the MOM was Vieira :star: He lived up to his nick La Pieuvre (The Octupus) today! He was stretching those long legs left, right and center and winning balls and making cheeky passes. His assist was really great and well done by Crespo in positioning and finishing, God bless Crespo and God bless whoever brought him back to Inter.

It seems like our attacking palyers are playing a little game called "How shit can you pass?"

LOL, and after our goal and until the end of the first half there was a little game called "How sh1t can you defend a RW?" by Samuel and Burdisso.

I still think we badly need a PLAYMAKER, one that plays on the left-flank. We lacked creativity today and Zlatan is a striker at the end of the day. Solari looked okay when played correctly, and I have no idea as to why he was subbed! It's not like he was overplayed as of late and needs a break.

Glad to see people recognizing how hard Adriano tried. I expected some 'look at him, he is a fat sh1t' comments, but real happy to see most here appreciating his effort. He looked hungry and was defending back and getting into the game.

Roberto
19 Nov 06, 16:36
Great to see Adriano come on and really give 100 percent. Crespo does his job again an outstanding volley. Not too many positives after that. Vieira did great fighting in the midfield but a supbar performance for the midfield in general how didn't really create much. The defense was shaky and Reggina had many oppurtunities and created more clear chances did we did. Burdisso just isn't able to perform well at fullback. We need to play him in the centre of defense for him to play his best. Samuel didn't have the sharpest game either and it is a testament to how great Materazzi has been playing for quite some time now. Zlatan would've been great today because we had zero creativity and chances were hard to come by.

Games like today are why I really have a love and hate attitude towards Julio Cruz. Yes he scores crucial goals but he is a role player at best. We can count him to score goals in situations but he isn't near the class of the other strikers we have and he is not a guy we can depend on to start games. I've seen to many games where cruz starts and fails to be involved in the game and is really setting us back out there.

With all that being said, I'm satisfied with today:D . This is what needs to be done in order to win lo scudetto. To not perform close to our ability and still end up victorious. FORZA INTER:star:

edgar-inter
19 Nov 06, 17:01
all the passes and crosses to adriano sucked its not his fault

Pajo
19 Nov 06, 17:02

Yup... As I said once, I bet in my house that if Crespo passed the ball right, Adri would've scored...

darsez
19 Nov 06, 17:20
Was Cruz injured? Channel4.com says so

Suneet
19 Nov 06, 17:25
Yes, Pajo is right. Adri looked way better than before. But I think the match reports should be about how we missed

(i)the STEEL in midfield (Olly Dacourt), and; Vieira played out of his skin I must say, but Dacourt plain and simply rocks!
(ii) the madness and creativity upfront(Ibracadabra)

But still, we are top of the league so you cant fault anyone, it means our season has so far been good. We are grinding out victories and that means we can only get better.

FORZA INTER!

MasterZen
19 Nov 06, 17:30
Adriano is hungry and i am glad that supporters are giving credit for. At Inter.it it will help him if he sees that fans are behind him.

19 Nov 06, 18:23
Adriano wasnt too bad.

Keeping in mind his recent form, his absence from palying it was ok..his fitness isnt that good as he was breathing like a mofo.

Still nice 3 points.

Thats all we wanted.

whatz a "mofo" ?

Khalifa
19 Nov 06, 18:29
Yup... As I said once, I bet in my house that if Crespo passed the ball right, Adri would've scored...

It was heading on his right, i would have bet my house, he would have put on his left foot first and then " maybe " score.

Pajo
19 Nov 06, 18:32
It was heading on his right, i would have bet my house, he would have put on his left foot first and then " maybe " score.

There was defender close to Adri, he would just stop running, put the ball on the left, and he would have clear sight of the goal, and 90% scored... It was Crespo's mistake with the pass...

Adam
19 Nov 06, 19:20

Not entirely true. Adriano got a good pass from Maicon but instead of finishing with his right he passed it back to Maicon and the defenders intercepted the ball. Lack of confidence...

Soca_Warrior
19 Nov 06, 19:44
good game against a motivated Reggina. hopefully we can step up against sporting. Most of the players were "okay" but it was 3 points, it was a clean sheet even without Materazzi which is a good sign. Adriano wasnt bad at all, and Vieira was great. finally some breathing room at the top

alvaro
19 Nov 06, 19:58
whatz a "mofo" ?

mother****er

Michal
19 Nov 06, 20:08
Great to see we won this important match!!! As I have noticed, I did not miss much from this game (I missed 2nd half).

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/1702/89219uk4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Look at Ivan, I have no words to describe it...

Karim
19 Nov 06, 22:15
I was really laughing when Cruz hit Solari in the face when celebrating with Crespo :lol::lol::lol:

Karim
19 Nov 06, 22:18
Adri got an average rating of 7,w as he that good today?

Hasan
19 Nov 06, 23:12
Adri got an average rating of 7,w as he that good today?
Solid game of Adriano after that break, he gived his best at the moment and thats it, he made one great asist for Stanković but he missed that.

snake
19 Nov 06, 23:24
Was Cruz injured? Channel4.com says so

Well yeh, I guess that was the reason Adriano came on because Mancini had no other option.

I hope people dont start saying Adriano is back rah rah rah...the guy was very unfit since its been a while and he still needs to train and thin down.

K.I.
19 Nov 06, 23:41
He still isnt back,he is far from being back,but he looks like he is one the right track..

snake
20 Nov 06, 03:54
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/35/full.getty-fbl-ita-inter_milan-reggina_11_50_51_am.jpg

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/31/full.getty-fbl-ita-inter_milan-reggina_11_45_55_am.jpg

GEE what a face,
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/09/full.getty-fbl-ita-inter_milan-reggina_10_09_02_am.jpg

The tounge is back out
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20061119/capt.e40915b10c174b8a9e9c694e611a6412.italy_soccer _xlb107.jpg

OHH, I almsot forgot WHO-Lio See-zar!!!

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20061119/capt.dcfa98bcc6a04c2a84809a597a8e91aa.italy_soccer _xlb108.jpg

Made an amazing save to keep us winning.

Miki
20 Nov 06, 05:53
Those look like boxing gloves to me. :D

I absolutely love that Stankovic shot! :star:

Ciao,
Tim

Jimmy
20 Nov 06, 08:40
Anyone else than me who has this feeling of complete comfortableness regarding this season? It's a freaking scary feeling, and I don't like it at all. It just feels like everything has been designed for us to win the Scudetto, and that it will happen.

Don't like these positive vibes at all.

Choppin Onions
20 Nov 06, 09:00
One of the most boring Inter wins I've ever witnessed. Can't believe we actually got out-played by Reggina. :wth: Gotta give some props to them though. They packed the midfield and it doesn't help that Vieira (learn to pass you wanker) and Figo (another unproductive start) were rather useless. I'm probably gonna have an orgasm the day Cambiasso comes back.

I'll decline to comment on L'Imperatore as he just got back. Impressed by his quickness out there though.

CafeCordoba
20 Nov 06, 11:48
Anyone else than me who has this feeling of complete comfortableness regarding this season? It's a freaking scary feeling, and I don't like it at all. It just feels like everything has been designed for us to win the Scudetto, and that it will happen.

Don't like these positive vibes at all.

I had just those positive vibes during the derby. "Is this really happening?", "I'm afraid, because all this is happening so soon, there's plenty of time to screw it up". The screwing almost happened, but still it didn't happen. :D

We are like Juventus of last seasons, we got the right result from almost every match, no matter how we play. If we can dodge the huge bullet in form of Palermo next Sunday, I say we are going to be really strong positions in the championship. Then we would have won all of our main enemies in their home grounds. But let's wait for Sunday.

darsez
20 Nov 06, 12:50
I'm not that positive, although I admit that I'm always a pessimistic person. Remember we have been leading most of season 02/03? :wallbang: I know it's different now (we used to draw all the big guys, but now we beat them), but I just can't feel as comfortable as some of you.

Pajo
20 Nov 06, 12:53
Well I think that there is no one that feels so much comfortable... Let's face it and don't forget, we are Inter after all...

Hussein
20 Nov 06, 15:24
Congrats on the win against Reggina. :boogy:

Another 3 points in the bag, although we suffered alot to a determined Reggina side who could've drawn level at any moment. What really matters is that this Inter side is growing game after game and learning that results only count in the end.

So many people will complain about the way we played, but who really cares how we play right now since we're winning!! I'm better with what we have right now than play great and losing points. After all this Inter can't play as bad as Cuper's Inter.

We also shouldn't ignore that Reggina played a great game and I've never seen them so aggressive in any Serie A game before!! It was like a final to them, or I can even say it was like they were playing for their lives!!